Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Costin's Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about a point that was raised by former Attorney General Bill Barr. Now, I think everybody understands that Bill Barr and Donald Trump are not golfing buddies.
Speaker 2: Okay. The fact of the matter is.
Speaker 3: That that administration ended, and I don't know that either of them have really spent much time socializing.
Speaker 2: Let's put it like that, Okay. But bar Ray's a pretty.
Speaker 3: Interesting comment which hasn't been covered much by the mainstream media, surprise, surprise. And I think you know from our past programming, I'm not necessarily a big fan of Donald Trump, Okay, but he has been the subject of two assassination attempts in the last few months. In July in Pennsylvania Butler, Pennsylvania, and then earlier this month near his golf course.
Speaker 2: And if it had not been for the sharp.
Speaker 3: Lookout of I believe it's just one Secret Service agent that was riding ahead of the group that was playing golf. And I think it was just Trump and one other friend of his playing golf. It all could have ended very differently. So in this case, the shooter, Ryan Routh, who we now know a lot about was he planned. I mean, he spent twelve hours at that fence, just waiting for Donald Trump to walk by or to step up on the green of the sixth hole, and he would have finished the job. And of course the Secret Service agent, thankfully, and whether you like Donald Trump or not, I hope you would agree with that, thankfully interrupted his plan, fired off some shots, and Ruth ran away to some sort of a gettaway car which I don't know who he had. That was a woman saw what was going on, heard the gunfire, and she took a picture of the guy's license plate. And he was caught about forty five minutes later on I ninety five north, heading wherever whatever. So he's arrested and then he is charged, and they have a b a bail hearing, and at the bail hearing it comes out that a few days before his attempt at assassination, he had left a letter with a friend of his, and the friend did not produce the letter until did not find the letter until I guess three days after Ruth was arrested, So that means it would have been last week sometime that the letter was found and along with the letter, There was a whole bunch of other things. There was some I think again, I don't want to guess. But in this box that he left with the letter, which is the most important thing, there was some other items that he left.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a lot about this guy that we don't know, Okay.
Speaker 3: Primarily how did he travel the world? What was his source of financing? It has not been proven to any of us. What are shown to any of us what his source of financing was. He was living in Hawaii, which is an expensive place to live, but okay, living in Hawaii traveling to Ukraine, now, I'm assuming that you don't build up some frequent flyer miles and call up your travel agents and say, gee, I'd like to get on a flight to Kiev. What do you got going in that direction?
Speaker 2: Raycent?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm sure it took a lot of machinations for him to get there. He was trying to apparently bring other soldiers of fortune with him. Who knows what was going through this guy's mind. Maybe he thought that if the Ukrainians win, he would be defeated as a superhero and maybe become the Secretary of Defense after they bestowed a Ukrainian citizenship.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 3: He was obviously, in my opinion, a very troubled person. But when they had the bail hearing for him, the US magistrate in this case decided that there was a letter that he had written. And the Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco said at the time, this alleged attempted assassination of the former president and his golf course was a direct attack on our democracy, okay, and said all the right things. But somehow, some way, the prosecution, which is the Justice Department, and this clerk, this magistrate, judge, judge, Magistrate Leslie Is McCabe. I tried to do a little bit of background on him. It didn't come up with much information. To be really honest with you, he had written a letter. This is the letter that he left in the box with his friend. This is the words of Routh quote. This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: But I failed you. I don't know who he means by you, whether.
Speaker 3: He's talking about the collective you or he's trying to send a message to someone who financed this. I tried my best and gave it all the gumption I could muster. It is up to you now to finish the job, and I will offer one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to whomever can complete the job. The letter was in a box that that I'm quoting here for an article in USA Today that Ralph dropped off at the home of a witness who contacted authorities after he was arrested. The witness told investigators Ralph left the box at his residence several months ago.
Speaker 2: The Justice Department.
Speaker 3: Said, Now, as it turned out, the drag man has also arrested the alleged sniper's son or in Rowth of Greensboro, North Carolina. He's charged on Tuesday with receipt of child pornography and possession of child pornography after investigators searched his tablet.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, Ralp's case has been assigned to a US District Court Judge Eileen Cannon, who is dealing with one of the criminal cases that Donald Trump is facing, and that is the materials that he took with him to his home in mar A Largo, which were recovered by the Justice Department with that now famous raid in mar A Lago. So what happened was I noticed this article that quoted.
Speaker 2: Bob Barr.
Speaker 3: He was the Attorney General, one of the attorney generals that served in the first Trump administration. Their parting was contentious at best. Barr argued that releasing the letters served no purpose other than to potentially incite further violence against the Republican nominee Donald Trump. The DOJ included the letter in quote filings while seeping to keep the account the accused Ryan Routh in pre trial detention. On Monday, the judge denied a request for bond for Ralph. However, again the letter that I just read, he admits it was an assassination attempt, but I failed you. I don't know if he's talking to everybody in the world or if he's talking to someone who might have financed this.
Speaker 2: I tried my best ick.
Speaker 3: Apologizing for not killing former President Trump, and gave it all the effort I could, Like he's some sort of a hero. It is now up to you. So I don't know who the U, if it's a specific you or if it's just.
Speaker 2: You in general.
Speaker 3: I will offer one hundred and fifty thousand dollars whoever completes it, meaning the mission. Well, first of all, he's not going to complete it, and one hundred and fifty thousand dollars is chump change. So this was the Again the statement of former Attorney General Barr, even if DOJ thought it important to provide the letters to the court, it could have redacted inflammatory material or arranged to have the letters submitted under seal of Former Attorney General. Barr noted it was rash to put it to put out this letter in the midst of an election during which two attempts in the life of President Trump had been made. He emphasized that making the letter public seem to serve no purpose other than risking violence. The fact of the matter is that Rauth had a criminal record that prohibit him from own He was a felon, prohibit him from only firearms, and federal election records showed that Ralth had made donations exclusively to Democratic candidates. Okay, that's fine. Even though he's a felon, he can contribute to Democratic candidates. The issue, though, is why why was the letter introduced? Did they feel did the Justice Department feel that Ralth might have gotten bailed, you know, like one hundred dollars bail and see.
Speaker 2: You in the morning.
Speaker 3: No, No, they could not have thought that they could not have thought that. Now I will add in a story that is unfortunate and inappropriate. Apparently on Tuesday in Arizona, there were shots fired at Vice President Harris's campaign office in Arizona. The Legal Women Voters is responding this saying that this is a deeply concerning the League of Women Voters and equivocally condemns any form of political violence aimed at a candidate. And they had released statements in terms of the Biden or other the Trump shootings as well, and they had decried violence there. But the point is that any of these shootings, as Robert F. Kennedy, Senior Robert F. Kennedy said a long time ago, violence begets violence. So why would the Justice Department even introduce that letter keep it as evidence for trial? Okay, if they wanted to introduce it, you introduced it under seal, so the judge or the magistrate gets to read it realizes that this guy really wanted to do this. This is just not some guy who having to be walking by and with his gun and the Secret Service got freaked out and shot at him. So I want to hear from you. We are in a very dangerous period of time. I'm here the next six weeks, a little less than six weeks, and then whenever the election occurs, whoever wins. I don't know that everyone on either side would turn around and say, Okay, it's over. It's a good election. My candidate won, my candidate lost, but I'm going to uh support the winner.
Speaker 2: Whoever that might be.
Speaker 3: Or it'll be either assuming that neither one of them shot had again, Vice President Harris or Donald Trump love you to weigh in on this. I'm perplexed, and whenever I'm perplexed, I ask for your analysis. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty triple eight nine two nine ten thirty. I for the life of me cannot figure why why this ever came at this point. At this point, they could have held that letter in abeyance. They could have submitted it under seal uh it. Yeah, or they would have there would have been some fourier requests, but you easily, I think the government could have defended that.
Speaker 2: And then once the letter, once.
Speaker 3: This guy goes to trial, introduce the letter is evidence, give it to the other side his discovery. It's clearly going to be part of his trial. But this guy's not going to be tried for a year. It's as simple as that. By time he gets tried, most of us will have forgotten his name. Thank god joined the conversation.
Speaker 2: My name is Dan Ray. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: I grew up and most of you grew up in an era of the Nixon Kennedy debate contest Lynton Johnson Barry Goldwater.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: We were rocked after the assassination of President Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy.
Speaker 3: I remember how the country felt at that time, the riots in Chicago. Never want to go back there, never want to go back there. But I feel this is a dangerous time. If you disagree with me and you think it's not a dangerous time, feel free to call. I want to know what you think, and I just the denunciations of stopping violence need to be stronger. In my opinion, they need to be PSA's Public service announcements by the President and by others, by Republican leaders saying this is insane, the actions of people who are going to shoot at any presidential candidate. It's insane and unacceptable in a democracy. We are not a Banana republic. Jerry is a Newton. Jerry, We're going to get us go on this hour. Thank you for calling in.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Hi, Dan, first time call it. Thank you, and you have a great show.
Speaker 2: Well let's give you a run of the clauses the first time.
Speaker 3: Follow. We've got a bunch of very callows this week. Thank you, Jerry. What are your thoughts on what's going on down there?
Speaker 4: I was speaking lawyers the wrong answer, and we need peace. We we're just all human beings. We have to start getting along. It's crazy. I don't understand it. But one thing I was just calling to correct you on was that the thing that happened in Arizona was not Kamala Harris's office. It was the whole Democratic Party for Arizona, all the people running. Okay, Well I don't know who they were shooting at.
Speaker 3: Well, they were. Someone was making a statement, would why would anybody shoot at a democratic state office or an office that was a presidential headquarters. The Legal Women Voters statement which came out yesterday said, and that's what I'm relying upon that the legal women voters of the United States and the legal women voters of Arizona issue the following statement on the shooting at presidential candidate Harris's campaign office in Arizona news of the shots fired and Vice President Harris's campaign office in Arizona on Tuesday night is deeply concerning the leg of women voters.
Speaker 2: Unequivocally.
Speaker 3: He condemns any form of political violence aimed at a candidate. And they they obviously when they say out a candidate doesn't matter whether it's Republican or Democrat. Look, oftentimes the presidential campaign headquarters in some of these states turns out to be the you know, the signage is there, and it turns out to be the headquarters of the state party, be it Republican or Democrats. So but but I take your your clarification, uh, and I appreciate it. But I think you'd agree with me that that whenever either a presidential candidate or parties headquarters are shot at, we need to condemn it, no matter whom it's who whom that violence is directed at.
Speaker 4: Totally agree with you, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate you taking the time to call uh. And uh, I enjoy first time callers. What do you think is going on? Let me ask you the open ended question, Uh do you I mean this is this is a presidential candidate who has been shot, well, he's been shot at once, was actually hit once. And if this guy had not been seen by the Secret Service agent, he would have been about one hundred feet where I believe from where Trump would have been putting, and that that would have been probably the last putt he ever took on that or any golf.
Speaker 4: Course, right, I believe it. So I just I just think it's out of control. We need to get along. I don't care if you're a Democrat, Republican, independent, doesn't matter. It's we're all one nation, we're all one human being. We all need to get along.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I know it sounds like we're channeling rod You and I are channeling Rodney ging here, but it's true.
Speaker 2: And we all have our passions.
Speaker 3: We have our passions for politics, we have our passions for sports. We all have passions, but we don't end up. Every once in a while, you see a fight at a football game in the stands, and it'll be put on television and we'll be appalled by it. We'll say, you go to a football game. What if there's some people there with their kids going to their first you know, NFL or first college football game, and they have to see these morons who probably are all half in the bag, you know, throwing throwing punches at each other, you know, five rows in front of them, a five rows behind them.
Speaker 2: But when you take it, when you.
Speaker 3: Start shooting at presidential candidates, Democrat or Republican, it's gone to an entirely different level in my opinion at that point.
Speaker 2: Yes it has, Jerry. I appreciate you taking the time. Come on back soon.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to call number two from Jerry, and thank you for that clarification.
Speaker 2: You put a fine point on.
Speaker 3: The on on if I was mistaken, I always stand. I'm happy to be corrected. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dan.
Speaker 4: Have a great night you.
Speaker 2: Two, and have a good weekend.
Speaker 3: It's only Thursday, so you can still have a good week.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jerry. Okay, okay, we got the nine thirty newscast.
Speaker 3: We'll take it about thirty seconds early if they're ready, Rob And when we get back, we're going to go to Steve and let me tell you I have some open phone lines. I want to see these phone lines light up. I have a guest at ten o'clock coming in who's going to be amazing. I mean, you talk about someone who's a prodigy. Way do you listen to this guest and you find out what he has accomplished in his young life. And he's written a biography and authorized by somewhat unauthorized biography of Donald Trump entitled Legal Gladiator. So we'll get to that at tent. If you want to talk about this, I would like to think that I would hear people from each side of the political isle, Democrat and Republican. And I don't know what side of the isle Jerry was on, but you could and you don't have to tell me. But I'd like to really hear from some Democrats and some Republicans in just condemning any violence against anyone who's running for political office in this country. We have a history in this country which is pretty sad. And whether you want to talk about the former mayor of San Francisco, George Moscone or Harvey Milk, a city councilor out there, whenever I fly into San Francisco, it's the Harvey Milk Airport, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, John Kennedy, George Wallace, Ronald Reagan, he was shot the Pope. I mean, let's let your voices join this chorus tonight and maybe we can start I don't know, a bit of a bandwagon across the country. Maybe we can get talk shows of America unite. Whether you're a conservative talk show host, a liberal talk show host, or a straight down the middle moderate talk show host. Do you guys know I'm to the right of center. I think you know where I am politically. I'm honest with you. I'm not through with either one of these candidates, Okay, but no one should suffer harm for standing for public office in America, and I'd love to hear as many of you as possible join me in what I think is an overdue outcry. We'll be back right after this. You have the numbers. I'm not even going to repeat them. Back after this.
Speaker 2: It's night side with.
Speaker 1: Boston's News Radio, so.
Speaker 2: I don't in my line's lit up.
Speaker 3: I have calls, which we always have calls, but I thought this would be a night Well, they just all lit up.
Speaker 2: So we have all the lines are full. I'm gratified.
Speaker 3: I'm gratified because I want all of you who listen to Nightside, I want you to be passionate. I want you to support your candidate. I want you to call here and argue with people and all of that. But I want us to be unanimous in our condemnation of any political violence, because once political violence gets a foothold, there is this tip for tat back and forth reaction, and we very well could lose our country, in my opinion, and it has to stop. Steve is in Cambridge, Steve welcome.
Speaker 2: How are you, sir?
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're gonna find anybody who's gonna say he approves of shooting at political cadates, So I will join that chorus. I don't, but I'm curious, Like, for example, Bill Barr, I mean, the question he asks almost leads to the next question is are the Democrats encouraging violence?
Speaker 3: Well, I would say this, and I want to try to answer that question. Honestly, I hope that they're not encouraging violence. But it seems to me absurd. It seems to me absurd that the US Attorney didn't approach the defense counsel. Maybe before the trial, before the veil hearing, and say, look, we've uncovered some evidence which we're going to eventually give you, and I'll be happy to give you this letter now, so you know that I'm going to refer to it, but I'm going to ask that the judge that the magistrate keep it under seal, because to release this letter at this time and with this guy is saying I failed my mission, like he was sent there by somebody. And now if you can pick up, you know, the banner or whatever he was alluding to, I'll give you one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: The guy's a.
Speaker 3: Looney tune, but looney tunes connect with other looney tunes. It seems gratuitous. Did they really need that letter publicly offered in order to make sure he didn't get skip out on bail?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm curious if Bill Barr asked that question. Was that question publicized to the point where perhaps the is it the district attorney?
Speaker 3: No, it was a dog Department of Justice, federal crime. This was not a state prosecutor.
Speaker 5: This right they have. They responded to Bill Barr's question and say, in retrospect it was foolish.
Speaker 3: Are not responded. Interesting, No, there's been no public response to. The only paper of record that seemed that I could find talked about.
Speaker 2: It is the New York Post. I haven't seen it in the time.
Speaker 5: And Bill Barr, Where did Bill Barr? Do you know where Bill Barr posed this question?
Speaker 3: I believe I believe that he was interviewed by the New York Post from a first reading between the lines, because it's the only place there was some other, you know, small little I wouldn't even call the.
Speaker 2: Media because media is plural for medium.
Speaker 3: Uh and as if you know, like this little podcast or this whatever. This should be a story, and this should be a question that should be asked on the editorial page as the golal it should be, it should be on the New York Times, it should be on the evening newscasts, because it's serious. It's a serious question. How can you be that stupid? And I would address the magistrate. The magistrate should have said, you know ahead of time, Look, we're not going to admit this because this is almost a call to arms. I failed in my mission.
Speaker 5: Well, certainly, the red Eric. Let's let's put away for a moment. Donald Trump's rhetoric. But the rhetoric that the Democrats have been using against Donald Trump, that he's a fascist. I mean that you know that he will destroy our democracy. Uh, certainly you can't get much more inflammatory than that. I mean, the next step would be to say, we must remove this person. I mean that's the next step that Joe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have said that Trump is such a danger that their next step would only be violence.
Speaker 2: No, you present it really well. But obviously.
Speaker 3: There's ways to I mean, obviously he's been charged with he's been convicted in New York on some some some felonies. He's charged with more serious felonies in the federal courts. So yeah, But what I'm trying to say is for them to say, Okay, this is a good idea in order to convince the magistrate that this guy we need to keep him. We're not going to give him any bail. This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump. But I failed, you said the letter. I tried my best. I gave it all the gumption I could muster. It's almost like some knucklehead's going to say, well, this poor guy, you know, it's up to you now to finish the job, and I will offer one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: He could have set it offered five gazillion dollars. He couldn't give somebody fifteen cents at this point. So the letter should.
Speaker 3: Be part of the trial when it happens a year from now. It did not need it was not necessary to introduce it at a bail hearing.
Speaker 5: Well, Dan, I also worry that if Donald Trump wins, and I believe I'm going to vote for him with all his many, many many flaws. I mean, don't you think they will like the Democrat that's tacitly supported all of that rioting in Portland and Minnesota and even here in Boston. Don't you think there's a very grave danger that we will see rioting throughout the country and that the Democrats will kind of they won't necessarily come out and support it, but they tacitly they might.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, the record is pretty clear.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris supported the Minnesota bail fund, and that pretty much was intended to bail out people who engaged in some arson activity.
Speaker 5: And and Mora heally said you have to burn as far as for it to grow again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she retracted that statement, but it was a dumb statement to make initially, but she at least had the integrity to retract the statement. I do I fear, I really do fear not what happens on November fifth, because whatever happens on fifth, all of us should have bie by the decision. But I fear that no matter what happens, whether it's Harris Trump or whether we wake up on November sixth and we have still have known. I remember that George Bush John Kerry fight went on for a few days.
Speaker 2: George Bush.
Speaker 5: That was George Bush carry Gore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well no, let me tell you the Carrie took a couple of days because Ohio was very close in that rig. I see, yeah, so it wasn't like John and John Carry had a right to hold out for a few days, okay, until he was convinced that there was no way that he could win in Ohio, because if if he had carried Ohio, he would have had he would have won. George Bush won two elections by the skin of his teeth, George W. Bush Junior or whatever, forty three. But yeah, I'm terrified as to what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: On November sixth.
Speaker 5: If you know, I know that al Gore made a very graceful Uh.
Speaker 2: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: Yep, you know, the rule of law. And unlike the current Democrats, even though he said he disagreed with the Supreme Court, he didn't impugne their character or their motives. Which the attacks upon the Supreme Court recently by Democrats in the New York Times, etc. Is that's really when you talk about undermining our democracy, attacking the Supreme Court in that way, I can't think of a more dangerous way to do it.
Speaker 2: So those are such great points, Steve.
Speaker 3: You always bring great points to the table, and I think today that does even talk about in some of the Democratic members of the Senate we need to increase the court by six six votes.
Speaker 5: So oh my god, Dan, please, I don't have enough to worry about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 3: All I was saying is I hope all of us realize that the country that we live in and the country that we're going to pass on to our children needs to withstand whatever the result.
Speaker 2: Is on November fifth.
Speaker 3: Let us hope we can wake up and the country will not be in flames on November sixth, whoever wins, because.
Speaker 5: You you do a pretty good job of kind of keeping a lid on things. You have strong opinions, but you at the same time keep everything gentlemanlike and peaceful.
Speaker 3: Well, I just hope that we have enough personal integrity to realize that that the four years whoever gets elected as forty seven, that will pass.
Speaker 2: I mean it be. It will be over before you know it, and we'll be moving on to another election. That's what's great about the country.
Speaker 3: You know, when Ronald Reagan got elected, the Democrats were horrified, and when George Bush was defeated by Bill Clinton, the Republicans were gassed. But guess what, we lived. The sun came up the next morning and there was no outrageous riots in the street. But I'm very concerned what's going to happen when November fifth is finally decided and we all you know, now the crazies on the right and the crazies on the on the left, the cuckoo birds, you know, the the Alex Jones types, and the wackle progressives of the Democratic Party, they will try to stir it up.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you again, you.
Speaker 5: Know what what disappoints me is, Yes, I'm disturbed by the rhetoric on the right. But when I look at a paper like The New York Times, which has such prestige and whose columnists have such a big pulpit, and they use such degrading rhetoric to talk about their political opponents, namely Republicans, I mean, they're stooping to such a low level. It's it's very disappointing.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hope that we can comment down.
Speaker 3: I got to break your calls are always amongst the best and thoughtful calls. Obviously, let's let's try to keep a lid on it. It's as simple as that. Thanks so much, David.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: I wish everybody listened to the to the sub of Steve's call, whether you are a Republican or a Democrat. We'll be back on nightside, and well we'll get everybody in. I got Kathy Patrick and Terry down in the Cape. You will get in and we are going to change topics at ten o'clock. So, as far as I'm concerned, those of you who haven't lined up already, don't even bother. Well, I'll deal with Kathy, Patrick and Terry and I'll give them all the time they need back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World nights Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get back to the call. I'm going to go to Kathy and Somerville. Kathy, appreciate your calling you next time Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Hi, how are you? I'm just very confused.
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 7: How did this letter?
Speaker 6: He wrote it two or three days before correct.
Speaker 2: We don't know when he wrote it. I don't know that it was dated. But it was turned over to the authorities because he had left it with a friend I think a few months ago, actually, is what the friend.
Speaker 6: Okay, so he knew ahead of time he was going to fail and he'd be around ast test well.
Speaker 3: He wrote a letter I think, which in case he failed. When you when you read what he wrote, he said, this was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: But I failed you.
Speaker 3: I used my bad, I tried my best and gave it all my effort that I could.
Speaker 2: It is now up to you to finish the job.
Speaker 6: That's why when I first heard about it, I thought that he had written it in the jail cell. Problem.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, he wrote it several It sounds like he wrote it several months ago and dropped it off the precise timeline I don't have, but no, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a letter that he left, you know.
Speaker 3: You know, it's almost like somebody reads a suicide leaves a suicide note and says, you know, I'm sorry I did this, but I just couldn't stand the pressures of the world.
Speaker 2: I hope you'll forgive me.
Speaker 6: But you know, I wonder if there was another letter to turn in if he didn't sail.
Speaker 3: I don't know that, But whatever, the contents of the box were handed over in its entirety of the government. My issue is why the government released that. Why did the government allow that to get out?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: There's a few there's a lot of looney tunes out there on on on both.
Speaker 2: Far ends of the political spectrum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Democrats, the crazy right wing Republicans and the crazy progressive Democrats.
Speaker 2: So, Kathy, hope that's closing up for you a little bit.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, have a good one.
Speaker 3: Thank you too, Kathy. I appreciate your call. Let me go next to two more calls. You're gonna go to my friend Patrick down in the district of Columbia, where everything, everything seems to happen these days.
Speaker 2: Hey Patrick, welcome my friend.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, I know, I jokingly call it the city that cannot leave the country alone.
Speaker 2: That's a good, that's a good. Let me tell you. I would love it if Washington left us alone. But that's not gonna do.
Speaker 7: What could you ever imagine? I got my own in the clock here? Okay, but could you ever imagine back in the days and nasty policy chuck humor, they look at the cart and says, you know, hey, gig, Chuck, it's you know, it's it's just it's only twelve thirty.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: I think we've given the country a lot, you know, and you probably hear chuck though, No, man, we can go at four o'clock. You know, let's keep on them, you know, let's just let's keep throwing up the good one.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: What I think about this letter being entered into evidence and released to the public.
Speaker 7: Bert to tell the truth? I don't think they should have told anybody about what the nut was doing. I should think that they would. The Secret Service should have lived up to their name, the Secret Service, and kept it a secret.
Speaker 2: Well, they.
Speaker 3: Once they arrested him, there was a public spectacle. They could have said, this is the guy we arrested. He's fifty eight years old, he's got a criminal background, and at the same time he's been flying around the world trying to garner support for the Ukrainian.
Speaker 2: Army, which you know.
Speaker 3: To me, where's his money coming from? I don't need to know what his stupid letter said.
Speaker 2: Put that.
Speaker 3: Put that in a trial. If you feel you don't have enough to convict me.
Speaker 7: Yes, I do not believe. I do not agree with that. Release at all. Give of this nut extra ammunition for his cause, period. Just help fund his cause. When you say where does the money come from? Yeah, I disagree with that. That should have kept sealed. And any time you give these people a platform, they love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's why I don't even mention the name of the Boston bomber. I mean, I just think that forget about it, forget about it. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 2: Yes, way, New York's the city that never sleeps. I don't know, we got to come up with a name from Washington, d C. The city that never stops.
Speaker 7: Bothering, the city that cannot leave the country alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll take that for now. We'll work on it. Thanks Patrick, you got it. Talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Let me get Terry down on. Okay, call it Terry, welcome back. You are the last call of the hour. You got the final word. Go ahead, Terry.
Speaker 8: Hi, Dan. I'll tell you I'm deeply concerned and puzzled with the actions to the Secret Service. Cannot believe that this creep was hanging around in the bushes for twelve hours that mister Trump's golf course and they did not ever search the perimeter, and they admitted it.
Speaker 4: They said that.
Speaker 8: And this is Please correct me if I'm not saying it right, because I don't want to give misinformation here. I heard that they were treating him like a private citizen post president coverage, and he's already had an assassination attempt and they didn't ramp it up. No, no, no, no, there is something major wrong here. Somebody has got to get control of this whole situation. I commend President Biden for executives ordering more sponges to them, but somebody's got to see who's that charge here.
Speaker 7: By the way, I think I.
Speaker 3: Know from previous calls, you're not a fan of Donald Trump, but it has this.
Speaker 8: I am not but I do not want anything.
Speaker 3: Absolutely you you are the sort of person who really this country needs people on both sides of the political spectrum. If this had happened to Vice President Harris, I would be just as concerned.
Speaker 8: Absolutely absolutely, every single one of them have to be.
Speaker 3: Protected as much as humanly possible. Terry, I got to run. That's what Rob tells me. And he's the boss.
Speaker 2: So I'll see you soon. Okay.
Speaker 8: I'm a wonderful night, Dan.
Speaker 6: Bye bye, all right, by Terry.
Speaker 3: When we get back, I'm going to talk to a young man who has written an extraordinary book.
Speaker 2: You way, do you hear? Story? Just stay with us back after the ten