Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality TV Crum, the world famous podcast. I'm Delia, I'm one of your co hosts, and I'm here with my real tight homegirl and my daughter in law, the Beauty US Beach. That's me double b Baby. We are here to talk, sister web hoody. We're currently in a rewind phase of the pod. We're in season nine, which is a very eventful season. And before we get into our recap, we do want to issue you a disclaimer. Please, you better hide your wife and you better hide those kids. I don't belong in a dumpster. What are you doing now? We're in a reverend podcast, obviously, we are just here to have a little bit of fun. So we sprinkle in some ball garrityes, some bad opinions, and if.
Speaker 2: You're a foo, get out of your honey boo booth.
Speaker 1: You might want to find yourself another dumpster.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: But if you're ready to take a trip to Gelstone, Texas with Cody and Christine Brown, then welcome to this dumpster.
Speaker 2: And if you like what we do over here, please be sure to follow us on Instagram and join us on Patreon, Patreon, dot com, soci Reality TV Cringe The vip Dumpster is where it's at. You get all of our weekly episodes ad free, plus all of our bonus content. What more good do you want?
Speaker 1: There's nothing more. I mean that I would ever want ever, but that if you are watching on YouTube, please do not forget to like and comment and share and subscribe and hood it. Don't forget to hlp us up. Please, you gotta hype us up because every single thing you do helps us in the algorithm.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, and so thank you in helly think you wo.
Speaker 1: Now, before we get into this somewhat iconic yeah, in terms of the lore of the Sister Wives universe, I do want to ask you if you have any takeaways, Like what are your thoughts? Beatrice?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, rewatching this episode.
Speaker 1: Is so depress it.
Speaker 2: It is like it's iconic, yes, because it is the infamous Galveston Anniversary slash couple's therapy trip, but it's like also super sad on behalf of Christine because she's obviously there to like work on her marriage. Meanwhile, Cody is just there to like rehab their image a little bit and be like yeah, I know, like we're doing great and like we're working on it. It's fine, and let me talk to my lesbian lover Pat.
Speaker 1: Like it's coordinated so strangely because I guess Pat lives in Galveston, and so they want to meet with Pat, and they also want to take their therapist, Nancy, and they want a couple intense couples therapy with their tour of Galveston.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: So my take way is Galveston. I know a lot of people love Galveston, and I have a really good friend who lives near Galveston. I've been to Galveston once, me too. Look did you see those beaches? Though?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 1: Like, if I want to do a little holiday with my baby, I want to go where like the ocean is a turquoise blue yeah, and the sand is white like and clean. I'm worried about getting a staff infection or like walking on a needle in Galveston, it did not look great.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't want to go to the pirate museum?
Speaker 1: No, that whole segment. I was like, if my husband ever, oh my God, took me on a date to a pirate I would just turn around and walk the fuck out. I'll be like, I'll see you at the bar. I see you at the bar. I don't want any of that business.
Speaker 2: No, yep, I agree.
Speaker 1: So without any further ado, let's get into our recap of Ceason nine, episode.
Speaker 2: Three three and marriage counseling Texas style.
Speaker 1: Okay, big yikes.
Speaker 2: But before we even get to that, we start off the episode at Robin's house again because she's looking for paperwork, her divorce papers and everything to bring to the lawyer's office because we're still rustling about with the adoption process. And now we're heading over to their lawyer's office in Nevada who helped Mary get her legal divorce, and we have a bit of a discussion about the adoption. I guess they tried to file for it in Montana, and the judge there was like, why are you filing out here? Obviously you guys live in Nevada. File it there. And you know, Robin's really worried because she wants to make sure that the process is as easy as possible for Preston. So that's why they wanted to do it in mon And they also said they wanted to do it in Montana because there's a bunch of judges there that are very sympathetic to polygamists. Because there's a big, bustling polygamist community up there, and so they thought it would be easier to do it over there.
Speaker 1: So I just call cap on all of that. Yeah, I think they really want it in Nevada. I think they'll know that they'll have the home court advantage. It'll be much more difficult, as we discussed last week, for Preston to show up for court hearings, to hire a lawyer. It's probably more expensive for the lawyer itself. I don't know, but there's probably prohibitions for president if it's in Nevada. So I think the plan all along was for Nevada. And there's all just performance, especially on the couch. Oh when Robin, who's recounting this whole saga, starts to hyperventilate or something, girl and has to walk off because she's still upset about us.
Speaker 2: She's so stressed out. Okay, get out of here, dude. I feel like this whole thing, I agree, is totally for the cameras, and even the fact that they're filming this kind of stuff, like when it's a very like private intimate thing like adoption is a big deal, and you're also taking the rights away from their biological father, Like, why are we putting all of this on TV in the first place? Are we really that desperate for content? The answer is yes, but yeah. So when they're at the lawyer's office, they're talking about it, and the Nevada lawyers like, yeah, we can get this done, like next week, we can adopt the kids next week, as long as we get all the paperwork and stuff, as.
Speaker 1: Long as you can serve Preston and as long as he agrees to relinquish his parental rights. The lawyer for the Browns said something about, well, if he doesn't appear, Yeah, if he doesn't answer, then the judge will determine that he's a negligent father. Yeah, but that's not the same thing as stripping his rights away.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't really know how it works, because they did bring up the negligence. They also brought up like if he's avoiding this, he will also be considered to abandon his kids. And so maybe there's some like legal way around this to say you abandoned your children, so we're going to take your rights away.
Speaker 1: And well, I'm certainly not a raccoon lawyer. I just think that it would be so much easier obviously if Preston would agree for sure, And so they are incentivizing him behind the scenes by again saying that they will forgive his interrears, child support yep, and any of the medical bills that he owes for again probably around dayton, et cetera. So depending on what Preston's financial situation is, that might be like a really big deal. Yeah, and we know that he ultimately agrees, and so that's how they get.
Speaker 2: Him, yeah, because right now they're saying he's avoiding calls, he's avoiding being served, but ultimately he ends up agreeing to it. And then Robin makes a comment on the couch saying, you know, I've been trying really hard to let Preston know that we're not trying to take his rights away and that we're not trying to take visitation from the kids. But I'm just like, Okay, what do you mean. I don't know. This whole thing is super messed up and very shady. And it goes back to what you were saying last week about maybe Robin's ulterior motive here is protecting her crown and protecting her empire and all of her finances and stuff and I'm just like, okay, but taking the rights away from the kids's biological father is the way you're going.
Speaker 1: To do it, all right, that's a nuclear option.
Speaker 2: And it's messed up because she's weaponizing the kids with like the family, and so of course all of the family, the Browns, they're like super supportive of the adoption and they're really excited about it. And ultimately when we get to the adoption episode, it's like a big fucking celebration and everybody goes to the courtroom to watch the adoption. So it's like a really big dill and it's unfortunate that it's being televised and it's being manipulated in this way.
Speaker 1: For ken use, imagine what Preston must have fought watching this back or just seeing how his kids are so happy, yeah, like jubil into the fact that Cody is adopting them, Like how crushing that would be if he has some semblance of love and like a sense of responsibility for his children, like that would be just absolutely devastating. But again, we don't know the quality and the character of Preston. He might have been an abuser. But like when you see the Robin that we know in twenty twenty six, Like, I just don't believe anything that she says about anything.
Speaker 2: Well, and if he is this abusive person, why are you trying to make it easy on him to get the adoption? And why are you trying to convince him, No, this doesn't affect your visitation, Like you can still visit the kids. We're just going to have all of the legal rights to them. Like why are you doing all of this and why are you making it such a big deal on TV to be like no, like we're being really nice. We want to make it good for him and want to make it easy and it's actually a really good thing for him, and blah blah blah, Like it doesn't make any sense to me. I just don't get it. And so after this whole adoption segment, then we get into the media of the episode where we have Christine and Cody leaving for Galveston. They are going for their twenty first anniversary, although Cody messes it up and thinks that it's their twenty second because he you know, he doesn't pay attention because he doesn't care or love Christine, So it's their anniversary. They're bringing their couples therapist Nancy or their family therapist Nancy, who's gonna help them with that. And they're also going to visit their ex therapist and also friend Pat who counseled them when they were in Utah. And Cody is basically in love with her. He says he's platonically in love with her because she has the gift of validation.
Speaker 1: Isn't that so telling? Yep, he loves her because she validated him and basically agreed with him and his positions during counseling.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, why are we going to see her if you're going to bring your their therapist. They talk about how Pat was really good with validation, but Nancy is really good with accountability, Like someone, why are your bringing her?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just seems like he doesn't want to be accountable for anything, of course not.
Speaker 1: But I also think this is absolutely done for content. I think this is manufactured. I think Christine is showing up in good faith, yeah, really wanting to work on her relationship. You can really see the cracks in this episode and in this season, and of course we've been seeing the cracks since season one. Like Christine has been unhappy for a while, but like you can really I get the feeling that she's desperate here to do something. And she lets it be known that there's been no intimacy with her and Cody, and I'm probably jumping ahead, and I'm sorry if I am, but like that's important for her, like uh huh. They are growing farther and farther apart and there's no intimacy. Would Cody tries to attach to trust, Yeah, the issue of trust, and he's saying, well, I don't trust you though, because you don't love Robin. Essentially you don't love the other sister wives, which means you don't support and kiss the ass of Robin. And because you don't that equals you don't support and love the family. And if you don't put the family first, I can't trust you. And if I can't trust you, I can't dick you down.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And Christine here is just flailing trying to figure out, Okay, well, how can I reconnect and build that emotional connection, like how can I get the intimacy back? And this is where trust becomes kind of the hallmark of this entire episode, And it's really sad because she wants to fix it, and she's going to do whatever she can and Cody's just there to make content and grandstand. He there's nothing in Cody that screams he actually wants to build back trust or whatever, like he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Want to have sex with Christine anymore. Like that's just the point blank what it is. I mean, he's already said at this point that he's not attracted to her and that he was repulsed by her with the nachos and everything, and so it's like, you know, he's been done with her, and poor Christine really is there to try and save this. But she does say, like in one of her talking heads in this episode, like I'm at the point where every single day is hard, Like every day is a struggle. I am miserable, and you can see it. I Mean, I'm not trying to like dog on her appearance or anything, but she looks tired, she looks sad. She's not really taking care of herself, and it's because her marriage is fucking awful.
Speaker 1: And let's reconcile this with her book, because in her book she talks about a period of time and I want to say it's in the cul de Sac where she sustains some kind of an injury, right because she's on a fitness journey, she injures herself and she starts to take opiates. Yeah, she gets addicted to opiates, and she's also drinking, and at some point Maddie is the one who calls her out. So you saying that she looks tired, she looks strange, she looks a little bit different. I'm wondering if this is the timeline that Christine was talking about in her book. And by the way, on Patreon we dive into that whole book. I think we have very endure, separate episodes where we go through everything with a fine tooth calm, and we have a lot of fun. But it just made me feel really bad because Cody doesn't love her at all. Cody only loves Robin. He's not going to dick her down. He's not digging Mary down. Maybe he's giving Janelle the d but it's all about Robin.
Speaker 2: One percent, and it's so obvious, and like you know, we have these little couples therapy exercises throughout the episode. The first one that they do with Nancy is their drawing lines in the sand, and it's basically to be like, you know, what, what is your line in the sand in your marriage and your relationship? What do you guys want? And they talk about drawing lines in conviction versus drawing lines and anger, which kind of brings a light bulb moment for Aris Christine being like, oh, I didn't even think about that, because one of their lines of conviction is like jealousy. You know, she's talked about a lot being very jealous, being very insecure, especially when Robin came into the picture, but this is a tenet of their faith.
Speaker 1: She didn't actually say anything about Robin. And it was interesting to me because when she's talking about how she has been struggling so deeply with jealousy, first they show a picture of Mary and Cody. Yeah, Then they show a picture of Janelle and Cody, and then there's that professional picture of Cody and Robin, Like, can we just call it what it is? Like, she's jealous of Robin? Why is she jealous of Robin? Because Robin gets everything all of the time and all of Cody's attention. But she can't say it as plainly as that. Yep, And so we have to just deduce for ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think at one point Christine does kind of talk about how it's hard to like watch everybody else have like a romantic relationship with Cody, her relationship is suffering, But we all know she's really talking about Robin because he's not really having any romantic relationships with anybody else at this point, and it's just sad. And so when they're drawing the lines in the sand, it was interesting because Cody draws a line and says, my line here is that I'm never going to leave you. I'm never gonna end this. And that's true. He wasn't planning on ending any of these marriages whatsoever, because he wanted to keep everybody on the books and with the finances and everything. He wanted to keep everybody on the hook while he just had his own relationship with Robin.
Speaker 1: Well, don't you think there was a larger plan to estrange himself from them, alienate himself from them so that they made the choice to leave him. It feels very orchestrated to me. So he's not the one asking for the divorce, and he can fall back and he can say, well, y'all left me, I didn't leave you. But really, behind the scenes, he was kind of puppet mastering it, or Robin was.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could see that for sure, because I can see him being the kind of guy that's like, well, yeah, I did everything, and you guys are the ones that left me. You're the one that gave up everything. But I don't know, judging from his reaction to Christine leaving him in season nineteen or whatever, it was like it felt like to me he really wasn't expecting them to leave. I feel like there was that ulterior motive on like Robin's part, like yeah, let's get all these bitches to break up with them or whatever. But I don't know. It was just interesting to watch him in this episode draw the line and be like, well, I'm never gonna leave you though, and Christine's like, well, I agree, like I want to leave you either, because ultimately they don't, they don't want to break up, but their relationship is trending towards that. And then we like have these scenes where we go back to the og Wives and we have Janelle at one point saying, you know, Cody doesn't like therapy because it just feels like everybody's got a laundry list against him. He's got a laundry list to get against all of the wives too, But it feels like way more when it's four against one versus one against four. And Robin of course has to chime in and be like, well, I feel for him.
Speaker 1: It's really hard for him.
Speaker 2: But you know, he chose this, so he's got to deal with it. So it's interesting that Robin makes that comment. And then you know, we have the little pirate exhibit, which is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Cringe, Like, why are we going to a pirate exhibit? We should be going to Prague. Yeah, we should be going to the Caribbean. Yeah, to Saint Martin's or something. You're taking me to Galvinson, to a pirate's museum so that our tour guide simple can lead us around in our pirate costume.
Speaker 2: Like that's whack, dude. At least Mary got to go to fucking Mexico, like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, well after she got her legal divorce, so she went to Rainforest Cafe. I guess it's par for the course.
Speaker 2: But you know, when they're at the Pirate ut, like Christine makes a comment about how they've always had fun together in their relationship, it's just, you know, hard to focus on the fun times when every other time is fucking awful and terrible. And you know, Cody makes fun of Christine a few times in this episode, but he talks about, you know, in the even in their fun times, Christine is always griping at him about their relationship and he makes fun of her for that, and Christine's just like, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because it's falling apart, because it sucks due cause I'm lonely, yep, because I want you sorry, I'm trying to bring it up.
Speaker 2: God sue me. And then they have a little porch therapy session with Nancy at their little BMB that they're at, and this is where things get a little bit serious, and this is where they talk about the intimacy, how there is no intimacy because Cody doesn't trust her, and Nancy's like, well, what does trust mean to you? He's like, well, I need her to love the whole family. And we hear from Christine on the couch saying, I don't know why he thinks I don't love the whole family, Like that doesn't make any sense to me. I do everything that I can, like all I care about is the family. But we learn that it's because at one point in Lehigh or whatever, they had a big fight and Christine had expressed something like I'm sick of the principle, or like I can't deal with polygamy because I'm jealous and I'm insecure and I'm upset about all of this shit. And Cody took that as I don't want to be a part of the family or I don't want to do plural marriage anymore, right, And he has held on to that and resented her for that this entire time.
Speaker 1: Which is so wild to me that you wouldn't make accommodations spiritually and in your relationships for the women who are bearing the brunt of polygamy. They're bearing the children, they're often employed, they're taking care of the kids, they are going without time with the husband, dealing with profound levels of jealousy. So like, the burden of the woman in polygamy is so incredible. Like the least a husband can do is allow them to vent, allow them to talk about it, reassure them love, give them more love, whatever you need to do. But like Cody's like, yeah, I don't like to hear my wives complain about polygamy and their marriages. Yeah, I tune right out.
Speaker 2: It's so fucked up, man, Like, what do you do? Why are you in this situation?
Speaker 1: Then you say you love your wives, well, demonstrate.
Speaker 2: Love exactly, But he doesn't know how to because he doesn't love three out of four women. Like he could do that for Robin because he cares about her and he loves her or whatever. And you know, I'm even Cody a lot of grace because we know he's a narcissistic demon, but it's like he can hold space for Robin, but he can't do that for any of the other wives, And it's just sad and like poor Christine is just stuck in a corner, like what do you mean I do care about the fucking fol so?
Speaker 1: Well, what am I supposed to to do?
Speaker 2: Really though?
Speaker 1: Like just get happy with getting less exactly.
Speaker 2: And then they have another little like couple's therapy activity where they're on the beautiful beaches of Galveston, Texas, off the side of a road where they are going to stack rocks. They're going to do a rock tower, and I felt like this segment was actually very symbolic of their relationship at this point. It was actually very interesting, like Sedona, Actually totally. So the whole purpose of the activity is to stack rocks together that will somehow symbolize like their relationship, and so like, here's this rock of like love or this rock of trust or whatever. But it turns into them stacking a tower that symbolizes the family. So Cody wants to start off with the four quarners that will be the foundation, which is the family, and then we have to have twenty three rocks or whatever to symbolize all of the members of the family and all of the children. And Christine is like, but can we have it be like about our relationship though us?
Speaker 1: Can? I ask you? Was the task for them to build the cairn to represent their relationship? Yes, I thought that it was. It was okay, So he was going rogue for the family, for the family.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I don't think Cody has ever thought about him and Christine's actual relationship, no whatsoever. I think I think you've talked about it before on previous episodes, so forgive me if I'm repeating it. But like he looks at Christine as the foundation of the family. She was the one that mothered all of the kids, she homeschooled everybody. She was the basement wife, but she stayed at home and mothered everybody also worked exactly night yep, and Mary and Janelle were working too, but like Christine was really the main mom and like the main present mom there, because Janel was also busy, you know, popping out kids and.
Speaker 1: Also working and suiting her children exactly going to the movies.
Speaker 2: Except letting Christine mother her kids basically, And so that's how Cody views Christine. So he can't really lock into anything about their relationship because all their relationship is to him is stay at home and take care of the kids and be the mom. And it's actually really sad because Christine just wants him to express something about their relationship, show some kind of interest in just us, and Cody literally can't get there. And he even talks about it on the couch. He's like, I know Christine wanted us, wanted me to focus on us, but I wasn't gonna let her. I'm just going to focus on the family and the tenets of the family. And so ultimately, to avoid a fight and to avoid arguing with Cody, Christine just capitulates, Yep, goes limp and just lets him do whatever he wants, and to the camera, she says, I don't even want to talk about the rock activity. It was heartbreaking, it was frustrating. It was the worst part of the trip. While Cody is over there laughing and talking about it to the producers, like, yeah, I didn't let her choose what we were going to do for the activity. I just did it. And you know, when they're actually on the beach, I think Pat's there and Nancy's there.
Speaker 1: Nancy's there at the beach.
Speaker 2: I thought Pat was there too, but I guess it was just unters with Pat.
Speaker 1: On the final day, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But he tells Christine like, yeah, I didn't let you do anything, right, And she's like, no, not really, was he too? BOSSI yeah you were okay ha, Well we built a tower though.
Speaker 1: And where are you, Nancy? Why aren't you saying anything while this is happening. She's a horrible there. Why aren't you stopping him? Because he's not actually doing the task, He's doing his own thing, Like shouldn't you be in there kind of coaching? But she did not. She just watched and observed.
Speaker 2: And she didn't say anything after the fact either. She just just like how did you feel about it? And of course, like Christine kind of lies at the moment and she's like, well, it was fine whatever, and Coddy's like, yeah, I think we built a good tower. It represents the It's great because you know, it's not just about me and Christine, it's about the whole family, and we just don't talk anything else anywhere else about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was really wondering about this because we could look at that and determine, oh, it's just Cody being Cody, like Cody's oblivious, it's all about Cody. Or this could have been a very intentional act by Cody to communicate to Christine exactly how he views her, which you just kind of put into context. You're the mother, You're the cornerstone. I need you to support the family. That's the role I'm putting you in. That's how you're valuable to me. He knew what Christine wanted to do throughout the entire exercise. She was asking, she was attempting to contribute, and he just kept railroading her because I think he wanted her to see how he actually views her, so that later that night, when she wants to get intimate with him because this is their anniversary trip to Hey, Alveston. I'm sure she's hope they'll bang or something and try to reconnect. He's trying to show her in this moment like that, actually, this is how we see you, though I don't see you as a sexy mama that I want to take to bed tonight. So get that through your thick skull, Christine. That's kind of what I walked away from that feeling like it was eentional.
Speaker 2: I could see that, because I mean, it was very blatant, like he was just totally ignoring the purpose of the exercise to focus on their relationship, to be like, no, it's all about the family. I could see that as being like an intentional thing on his part. It's just sad that Christine can't see it at this point. And it's sad because Christine wants more, and I think she's been trying to express that she wants more, but Cody just doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 1: What do you mean when you say it's sad that Christine can't see.
Speaker 2: It, Like, it's sad that she can't see that this is how Cody sees her.
Speaker 1: I think she can see it. I don't think she. I think in this moment she can, and I think there are a lot of women out there who have been in relationships and it's kind of this critical moment where you're asking yourself, Okay, it's now up to me. It's a choice I'm going to have to make. Is this good enough for me? Am I willing to live the rest of my life with this guy getting this much from him? Can I be happy? Can I do that? Or am I going to have to make a different decision for myself? And a lot of women they stay, they continue to try and work it out, which we know that Christine does, but then at some point we women will hit a wall and will be like that's it. Yeah, I'm going and you cannot stop me. So to me, when I'm looking at Christine, I feel like she's in that little space where she's like, Okay, So he's telling me how he sees me. He's showing me who he is. Is that going to be enough? Can I accept that and be happy? Because she told us in this episode, like you said, every day is hard, Yeah, every day is abysmal. I'm depressed, Like what if I accepted this what he's telling me that we can have Can I be happy? I feel like that's where she is in this moment.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're right, because in the next segment, they go to a romantic dinner at Sharon's or whatever, this fancy restaurant Booty is Hella Booty Booty, and she's excited because she's like, she never gets to have dates like this at all in general, and she never gets to have like a fancy dinner date regardless. So she tells him at the dinner, you know, I think the whole purpose of this trip was for me to understand you better. And she does bring up the rocks, so maybe that is her way of saying, oh, I see how you see me. Now I understand it, but I don't know the way that I took it was like she was just capitulating to him and being like, yeah, I know, like I got you, I see you, Cody, listen to you, but like he's not saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: To her, and she asks him, I think in this conversation when they're at dinner, can you trust me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All I want is for you to trust me, which again is the gateway to intimacy, h which is the gateway to saving their marriage. I please trust me, and Cord He's like, yeah, yeah, I can trust you. He doesn't trust her.
Speaker 2: Do you think they banged it all in the strip?
Speaker 1: I wondered about that, Yeah, who it would be hard for him to turn her away, Yeah, because he's got to know that's her expectation, of course. But I also can't see him given her the d.
Speaker 2: I feel like if they did, it was only once and it was bad. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: Well, and I was thinking, like, truly, is what three years old? Four years old here? So it wasn't that long ago, No, that they were banging. They were having babies. In just the short amount of time that Robin has been in this family, he has completely shunned Christine.
Speaker 2: One sad and like Christine really is, to her credit, trying to be a good wife and like trying to be like understanding and trying to take ownership for the fact that she's been jealous and she's been angry or whatever. She even has a segment where she talks about Cody and Gwen's relationship and she tries to relate it to her and Cody, where I guess Cody and Gwen had some issues, like different conflicting personalities where Gwen was just like a bit too much and Cody was like annoyed with her or whatever. But then he learned to adjust with her and learned to like be the dad that she needed him to be. And so now they have this really sweet relationship. And then Christine looks at that and is like, now I can see that that's what Cody is trying to do with me. And I'm like, is he though, because he's not really giving you what you want, and how is he adjusting to you?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe what she's saying is now I see that the way to get Cody to love me is if I adjust, maybe I shift and change. Then yeah, maybe he'll want to be closer to me.
Speaker 2: God, I wish I could shake past Christine like no, but you know, well it is a process, a process, and what she leaves him like only a few more.
Speaker 1: Years later, within five right, So this is twenty fourteen, So twenty twenty was six.
Speaker 2: Years seventy Yeah, so six seven And so the last portion of the episode is when Cody and Christine meet up with their friend Pat, the lesbian therapist, and Pat asks them what they've learned on the trip and Cody says, you know, when it's cloudy and rady, I just got to like let my wives be blue. And that's hard for me when they're blue, because I really feel bad when they're blue.
Speaker 1: So simplistic and stupid.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb, and it's performative too, Yeah, because he doesn't actually give a shit when they're sad or they're upset. He just avoids them and goes and hangs out at Robin's house. And Cody says on the couch, you know, he's always been afraid to acknowledge his wives sorrow and they're jealousy and they're bad emotions because he doesn't want to deal with it. But now he's learning through this trip that he should just be there.
Speaker 1: Now you're learning this is your twenty first anniversary. Yeah, you've been married to Mary and Janelle longer than that, and now you're learning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just now, okay, just now. He's learning that he can't be offended when they bring up their issues. He just needs to hold space and be there and validate them. But I'm like, that's a crock of shit because we know you're not doing that.
Speaker 1: No, you're not going to do that at all. So you're a bad polygamist husband because you're just expecting your wives to self regulate and take care of it, and if they don't, you're going to resent them, yep, and hold it against them.
Speaker 2: And like, while they're having this conversation with Pat, Cody brings up Mary at one point and he's like, yeah, you know, through the entirety of my marriage with Mary, all I did was argue with her every time she had issues. And now I'm realizing through couple's therapy with Christine that I actually should have held space for Mary, and I guess I can hold space for Christine. And I'm like, dude, why are we talking about other wives again? Too? And it just goes back to what I was saying earlier, like Cody doesn't see Christine as his wife really, as or as a role yep, exactly, something to fulfill for him. And you know, then we kind of just end the episode, and you know, Christine's like bittersweet about it because she's like, I don't know how to hold on to this like good like energy that we have from this weekend, And I'm like, is there any good energy?
Speaker 1: She's awful weekend?
Speaker 2: She brings up like magic. At one point she's like, it's such a magical time and I was really at the pirate Museum maybe, but like she doesn't know how to hold on to that when they go back to their everyday lives, because you know, we're just the two of us here, plus are two therapists and the camera crew. We're just the two of us here on this trip. But then we go back and we have all these kids and he has all these wives, Like, I don't know how to hold on to that, and I'm like, girl, you're not gonna be able to And so the end their trip in Galveston both protec like it was a good time.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's pretty sad it is.
Speaker 2: Then we get to the preview for the next couple episodes. We have Robin telling Cody that Preston is ultimately going to sign their adoption paperwork and everything's gonna work out. They're gonna be able to adopt their kids. We have this like stupid Las Vegas pirate boat race competition that the family is going to enroll in, and I actually remember these episodes because they get kind of tense where the family is like building this like stupid paper mache boat for this race, and we see this in the preview. Cody and Christine are arguing like crazy, just yelling at each other the entire time, and it's in front of like the other wives and the family, and Janelle's like, this is awkward. Af things are getting pretty intense and Cody and Christine are yelling at each other. Christine says, I've been getting yelled at for forty straight. I'm over this, and then Robin pipes up and is like, can y'all just stop? And I don't know if she was saying that and to Cody or to Christine or to the both of them, I don't know, but that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt to me in that moment like it was Cody. But we'll watch them. We'll see, because I don't remember that episode at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let's talk about the next couple episodes, because there's some that are like about the wives. So like, the next episode after this one is all about Christine, okay, and it's like going over their relationship, and then again a regular episode, and then it's all about Janelle and then a regular episode. So I'm like, can we skip the couple ones? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, good because that gets us closer to the cap fits. Yes, okay, I think episode ten or eleven or twelve.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because it's going to just be their dumb wedding pictures it totally and their dating journeys. We already know all about that and it's boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, we get it, Christine and you are miserable.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, unless we're missing something. I know a lot of you out there have watched those episodes about Christine about Janelle, Like are they good? Is it worth a watch? Because if not, we're just gonna skip it. We should skip and stay with the timeline. Okay, you're just making it an executive decision.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna railroad you like Cody, this is your project, then it is, this is your care God, just put the heart on top of it.
Speaker 1: Let's be done. Yeah, yikes.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should build a rock tower. Want to symbolize our podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, it's just gonna be a dumpster filled with rocks. Yeah. Oh god, Well, is there anything else that we need to say to these beautiful raccoons before we get up on out of here?
Speaker 2: Badchaz? Well, if you love our podcast, please do us a favor. Go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us a glowing five star review. It costs you nothing and it really helps us grow the pod and we would really appreciate it, so thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We will be back in just a couple of days to talk. Welcome to Platfill. Yeah it's a little boring. Yeah it's a little strange, but we've got that converse with Kim and Lydia girl. Lots going on, so we'll be back for that. Until then, please not forget that we have nothing but love for you and peace and mighty