Speaker 1: And he's out for a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Not me.
Speaker 1: I just started the show. We haven't said anything.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's it's Mike Aja and everything is a bit episode number thirty eight, back at you two weeks in a row.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got a streak going. Isn't that like the awesome.
Speaker 3: Like the Yankees a couple of games.
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately that's how streak of their own going, which we won't talk about. Lots going on as usual.
Speaker 1: Path.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to you about Howard though I know you spent a bunch of time on Famous the Bitch telling old stories, but we both.
Speaker 3: Have a huge story. It's a huge story.
Speaker 1: I think we both have really interesting perspectives on.
Speaker 3: You're a big boss in the radio world, so you know the numbers, you know the analytics of what how powerful his station was and is it is it correct to say it was the it was the best most popular radio show of all time ever in the world. I can't imagine the show being bigger than how it's done.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a five hour show, right, so you're right, Rush would be the thing that I might compared to it, but very very different things.
Speaker 1: But both Look what Howard did so we're.
Speaker 2: Both we're in the entertainment business. You were actually a part of the show. We saw it from sort of the inside perspective of me as running a business in that industry, you being a part of the show. But also, I think both of us major fans of the show, and it's such an incredible story looking at him, because here is a guy that made his name taking on the establishment. I mean, the show was counterculture, anti establishment in your face.
Speaker 1: Everybody was fair game.
Speaker 2: There was no such thing as a tactless joke. I mean, there was nothing that wouldn't be done in the name of entertainment.
Speaker 3: No, it was amazing and and with people I've said this many times, but when you get inside the show and you're in the guts of the show, and I'm sitting on that little area, Benji Brons to my right, Fred Norris to my left, I'm in the chair of the Jackie chair. How it Lobbin's across the room in the glass booth. And what people don't know is as seventy five percent of the jokes, how it says, come from Fred or Benji and Jackiey. And what they do is they there's piece of paper, they quickly he's on the phone with somebody. They'll write these jokes. They put it in a tray. How It had a computer camera to look at the tray, and on his laptop he would see the joke and he'd fire out Fred's joke, well, Benji's joke. These guys was so fast that I didn't even run right because I couldn't get in there, so I just talked. He kept my mic open. But Howard doesn't say as much as people think he does from his own head. And I know he's right. I know he's very intelligent. But during those days, it was fast, fast, fast joke writing, just blinding speed.
Speaker 1: And it was I mean, it was so freaking funny.
Speaker 3: And he's like, it was like a little boy. When you're there, he's like a little boy. Like he'll put the call on mute and just put his face in his hands and laugh because you know, he can't believe it's going this great. Or he'd shout out to us where a guy couldn't hear how great? Like he just like a little kid. He loved to get those. He wanted people to squirm all the time. And if you could swirm with him and stay at your feet. Then he loved you, you know, he loved that you can go punch for punch, pounds it down. Yeah, but you know, you know, you just look, he's seventy one years old. I met him thirty one years ago, his fortieth birthday party. We're all different now at seventy one years old. Even at sixty five, you can't keep speaking about sex and the way he used to. His daughters were getting older. They didn't like what they were hearing from him. I think one's gay. Actually, not that it matters, but you know, he made fun of everybody. Everybody was fair game. But Marcy Turk, that's the woman who came into his life and changed everything. She gave him a book. I can't remember the title, but it was a whole thing about getting rid of the bad mojo of your past. Marci Turk, I feel like she saw the future. Maybe it was way before me too, but she sensed that how's gonna get cut down if he continues to talk like that and have guests that speak like that, and then have video out there with him in blackface and you know, talking about Andemima and Mama Lukububu day and all this black stuff. It was. I mean, it was NonStop. Don't forget that he had the Channel nine show, then the E Show. It was like a triple prong attack for years.
Speaker 1: Oh and they were just so outrageous. Look, it was such a phenomenon when it happened first in afternoon radio and then in morning drive radio in New York.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm in the ad business, and so I'm going from advertising agency to advertising agency, radio station to radio station.
Speaker 1: All day long.
Speaker 2: And because he started the show so damn early, and because you know morning traditional morning driving radio is for a show to go from six am to ten am, Stern routinely bled all the way to eleven thirty. I mean he stayed on the air an extra hour hour and a half. Everywhere you went. If you went in an office building, you could hear multiple radios, multiple radios blasting Stern in the same office building. If you didn't know what happened on the show that day or the day before, you couldn't contribute to the conversation going on in the office because it came from something he did on the show.
Speaker 1: It was that big of a cultural phenomenon. And then this was.
Speaker 2: Just brilliant the way that it was done. So the company that owned k Rock in New York at the time was called Infinity Broadcasting and mel Karmezan was the CEO. And there were so been so many mergers and sales and everything in the radio industry that that name disappeared a long time ago. But they owned a lot of stations in the country, across the country, and they began to take Howard and syndicate him self, syndicate him to other stations they owned in others cities, and in each city, he would set his sights on the big morning show talent in that city and his objective and he would get the fans involved in this.
Speaker 1: His objective was to destroy.
Speaker 2: So John Debella was the number was the number one morning show in Philadelphia on WMMR for years.
Speaker 1: They were my client. I used to sell the station.
Speaker 2: I used to get huge ad rates for WMMR in the morning. And you know, everybody thinks they're industry. Philadelphia is different. Debella's an institution. You can't stearns. What works in New York isn't gonna work in Philly. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It took like six months for Howard to rip de Bella apart, and there were fifteen other jocks of that stature in other markets, including Mark and Brian in LA, which another big client of mine, huge show on k Los and Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: And everybody thought, now, Mark and Brian's a different show, it's more cerebral. They it's just it's not. Stearn's too different. It's not going to work in La blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You know, it took him whatever. Maybe it took three rating books for him to destroy Mark and Brian.
Speaker 2: So he did this systematically, had the top show in mornings in Philadelphia, in.
Speaker 1: Chicago, in Dallas, in LA, in Washington, d C. Everywhere and everywhere.
Speaker 2: He took on the top DJ in that market and crushed him in six to twelve months.
Speaker 3: A lot of those DJs shit, a lot of them are too big for them riches, and they didn't see it coming. Like John develop, I think developed started to be. I think he began it. I like I used to listen to de Bello when he did w l R. Yeah, it was the fact that but didn't didn't his wife die or something or Howard or.
Speaker 2: Like Howard put her on Howard set her up on a date on his TV show Unforgetivable you, No.
Speaker 1: It was it was he. He didn't want to just be that person.
Speaker 2: He wanted to completely humiliate them and destroy their lives.
Speaker 3: Funeral parties in the streets.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Once he beat the first rating book he got where he beat that former top show, he would hold a funeral for so that, for that, had a funeral for Mark and Bryan at a funeral.
Speaker 1: For fun development. I mean, it was. It was a phenomenon.
Speaker 3: And you know, I know he didn't well I know he didn't like them, but Opie and Anthony was huge too. In the same building as Howard when I used to work to go on the show, and as great as month, as wonderful as he is as a guy, he's like Trump. If he doesn't like you, that's it. It's hatred to the to the point where he instruct to the people in that building that Mark, Opie and Anthony cannot walk down the same hall he walks down in the morning when he's coming to work or leave you. And if they did, if they accidentally did, Howard would throw his ship fit. You had to. You couldn't look at him. This is opiing Anthony, not not the stand but I mean, that's such a it's he's such a hard person to figure out because he loves to laugh and have fun and then he does ship like that, then he goes off on the rail. And I think Trump is right when when he said that, when he when Howard ignores Hillary Clinton, that's when things began to go downhill for him. I think it came before that because that the show changed. But that's I.
Speaker 2: Think it really came part of for me, part of what I loved about him was there was all that irreverence and all that anti establishment, but he was also in love with Alison and the girls and and and the movie was was really all about his love affair with Alison and his life right. And so the very first thing he did to me that turned his back completely on the audience that had been so loyal to him was leaving Alison, uh for for Beth, And I thought, I mean, yes, there's the cmo at at serious XM then had a big impact on him, But I think it was Beth that had the huge impact on him.
Speaker 1: Look at if you think about.
Speaker 2: This, this is like you and I wake it up tomorrow and finding out that our buddy Kenny Wood was now uh, the political equivalent of AOC No.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: It is that radical a transformation in you know, so, which was the lie then or now?
Speaker 1: Or are you?
Speaker 2: Are you that really that weak? That one person completely took over your mind? I mean they completely changed who you are and you left behind these legions of fans who hung on your everyone. It's the greatest hypocrisy in history in my mind, It's just that I can't think of any transformation of It is a complete one eighty.
Speaker 1: In what you do in your left.
Speaker 4: For one day you you stand against everything the establishment stands for, and the next day you are as big and deep a part of the establishment as anyone is disgusting.
Speaker 1: I fucking I hate the guy, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, well, I can't. I can't hate him because I loved him. I can't hate him. I don't like so that guy's dead though, Oh the guy you love? I know, I know. And I used to say, I used to make the metaphor of the analogy that we all thought Howard was the guy, uh that wanted to make fun of people like in like in lunch room in high school. We didn't really didn't really know it is hot he really wanted to be accepted by Hollywood, accepted by the cool crowd, because he was a nerd. For his whole life, he was surrounded by nerds. The whack pack was all losers. And I think that that's a really good analogy that he went from that to where he is now. And I just that the book that Marcy Turk gave was called Getting Things Done. It's like a dianetics type book. And uh, look she got to what she got saw up in his head that he no more Gilbert Godfred on the show, no more already, no more Craig Gas, no more me to a lesser degree. Several others too, banned because Marcy didn't like what we brought and we got out of Howard so Bes had a partner Marcy did, and just old age and bitterness. I don't know why you're bitter, making five hundred million dollars unbelievable, but well, why do you why.
Speaker 1: Do you say bitterness? Where did where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Howard's bitter. He's bitter about about a lot of things. He's better looking, he's still in therapy four days a week. He should have a he should follow lawsuit against the doctors they can't fix him in thirty five years. It's unbelievable. Three times a week he's talking to his drink.
Speaker 2: No, wait, so does he Because I don't pay he's dead to me.
Speaker 1: I don't so I don't. I don't pay any attention to anything he does.
Speaker 2: No from the day that he crossed the line. But does he does he talk bad about old Howard? Does he express all kinds of regret for, you know, being the guy who called there Florida to ask when the next fight led for the fourteenth Street Bridge. I mean that that was that was freaking Howard.
Speaker 3: I remember he didn't write that. You got to remember these things, like Fred.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this is me the listener, Okay, so dedicated to the show that I.
Speaker 1: Drove way out of my way to go to go to Legend Porsche.
Speaker 2: AUTI Sob Sterling to buy a freaking SOB from Fat Wayne Seagulls.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bought my bought sab from Fat Wayne Seagull.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, And I was at the time.
Speaker 2: I was living in an autful center and there was a there was a SOB dealership in the Five Towns.
Speaker 1: Not far away.
Speaker 2: But instead I drove all the way to Amityville to go see Fat Wayne Seagull and buy my SOB from Legend Porscha OUTI sob Sterling And I don't know when the last sterling was sold in the United Fates, but I still the ad was. I mean, he was such a part of the show, and Howard was the master of that, and he had to do that because what happened is the establishment put so much pressure on Infinity and.
Speaker 1: On Howard and media matter.
Speaker 2: This is really the birth of going after someone and getting their advertisers to pull support. So no national advertisers, none of the big fortune five hundred companies that would buy advertising on music stations over the country or news station of the country would buy into Howard's show. They were put into a political corner. And you know, to buy ads on Howard show is to support all of the subversive things coming out of his mouth every single day. And so all these blue chip advertisers stayed away from the show.
Speaker 1: So as a radio station.
Speaker 2: Running the Stern Show, he was both your greatest asset delivering these huge ratings and your greatest liability. Because none of the big national advertisers would support the show. So Howard learned that what he needed to do was make these local and regional advertisers a huge part of not treat them like, hey, here's you just run a thirty second ad here and that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm gonna bring you into the show. I'm gonna make you a star exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bring people through your doorway because they want to see you, fat Wayne Seagull. And I'm gonna do it so well that a president of the largest radio advertising sales company in the country is going to drive fifteen miles out of his way to get a stupid SOB from you.
Speaker 3: How brilliant he was. It was a pied piper in a lot of ways. We all listen to him every day. But here's the thing. You know the business than I do one hundred million dollars a year for five years, contracts coming up in all September, October, early fall. They're not going to do it again. And he's too proud to take a reduction in salary if that's what they want to do, if they not get down to fifty mili, I don't think they'd even do that. I don't think he's accepted.
Speaker 1: Look, look it's first all you got to you got a public company.
Speaker 2: H But the data is pretty opaque. It's hard to I knew when he went a ridge. I remember where I was when I heard it was happening. I was in San Diego at an industry event when the announcement came out. And and remember, well people probably wouldn't know this, that that Sirius and XM were separate companies.
Speaker 1: Competing against each other.
Speaker 2: Serious was in desperate financial straits and going to go under if the companies didn't merge. Melk Harmizan left and went to be the CEO of Serious, and so he made the merger happen. And he brought his Oh but and and think of the sales pitch Howard, all the stuff you're not allowed to say. No, you can say this is satellite, these are subscribers.
Speaker 1: People are only there because they paid to be there. You can f bomb it all day, you can sex in the studio, whatever the hell anything goes, just.
Speaker 2: China, remember, And I could when I was doing We'll come over it at some point during the show.
Speaker 1: But Simeon.
Speaker 3: Symbian amazing heart imagine and I'm there in person watching this seven o'clock in the morning. There was I'll make it Quick. There was a pair of sisters who came on the show and got nude and made out, and it was like seven fifteen in the morning. We were looking at each other like, what the fuck is going on here? But I think that when he be when he went to Serious, when I emerged and he got a show, I feel like when they the cursing took something out of the show because it wasn't just Howard. You had all these other guys at the Whackpack who could now curse and get a little more derogatory, and that began to I began to lose lose it back then, because, like I said, these guys in the whack pack, I mean Fred the Elephant Boy, but reefrom Brooklyn. There's so many crazy lunatics out there. They're all losers, and I don't want to hear losers curse all day and tell their stupid loser stories. So that was the beginning of me going on top of that, I got a pay to listen to it. Now I'm not doing this, and I walked away. Really yeah, you know, I heard maybe maybe twenty shows on Serious before I said I'm not doing this doesn't work for me, doesn't want I hung for a while, Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Hung until he changed.
Speaker 3: Well, you're in the business. I mean, if you want, you got it. It's nice to you know who's who's doing a lot, who's saying, well, who's making what? But if my theory is, and I know it's separate from the contract issue, but I heard, I reported a few weeks ago that I heard Robin's cancer is back, and you know, she almost died the first time she had it. And he said publicly that if Robin had passed away, he would never do a radio show again. He wouldn't do a show without Robin. So part of me thinks that Palla's really not caring too much about this contract thing. I think, if this is true, he's knowing that, Look, if she's sick, the gigs up. I'm not going to keep doing the show. I've done it in a long time, you know, fifty years on radio, whatever it is. So it's in between all those all those idea, it's in between all those extension. I can't imagine a serious making money. Is that a profitable show? A hundred?
Speaker 1: Not a chance?
Speaker 3: And it takes a whole summer.
Speaker 1: Not a chance in hell. So look the from a business standpoint, he's dead. He's dead.
Speaker 2: The audience is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of what it once was. And and he knows that and what paid off for them or in the early years of that agreement, because again you had two struggling companies coming together and he was the he was the announcement that fueled the growth and and and you know, made Serious XM a player, and he was compensated heavily and stock options.
Speaker 1: There's no telling how much money that the guy has right now.
Speaker 2: But what he doesn't have in this life he now lives is popularity.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have an.
Speaker 2: Audience like the audience he once had, and he's so So I heard a story that I don't have details on, but but I know that he was good friends with Matt Lower. Yeah, there's a there's a whole group of folks out in the Hampton that spend tons of times in the Hamptons that all kind of hang out together, go to each other's parties and all of that, and he was friendly with Matt and that what I heard was that when the when Matt got me too. That whole story got out there. He got fired by NBC and everything else that Howard did more than just abandon him as a friend, did some really bad shit to.
Speaker 1: Him as well. Why because he's a fucking asshole. I mean he is.
Speaker 2: He this has become his his life, kissing celebrities, asses, taking on liberal political trends. He's gone, you know, he's gone, and he's not he's not marketable. So the smartest thing he could do is just go. He's It's not like he's in a position where you know, if you're Megan Kelly and you get and you get fired, but you know you still have your journalistic chops. You know you'll still put the work in. You know you still have a following, you know you still look good. You can you know that you can uh that you can use digital media to build it back and and have a business. Sterne could never do that.
Speaker 3: He can't.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 3: He can't, and so you can't. He can't. He can't at a podcast that be ridiculous?
Speaker 1: Would would somebody?
Speaker 2: He is a great interviewer people in Hollywood. If somebody, if he wanted to work and somebody wanted to set him up in that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It could get done, but it's just such a far cry from who he once wash is from an ego standpoint. Does he really want to do that? He doesn't need a dime?
Speaker 3: No, I know, But it's like Letterman. I enjoy Letterman Show my next guest on Netflix. I enjoy that show because you get to see a guest for an hour, you know, not just eight minutes on TV and promoting. I like it. I liked it, But my point was about I was gonna make was once you once you begin to dip your toe in the waters of Los Angeles, and as Howard began to do, as I did it all even go as far as say Bill Ariiley. Once you lose that edge and you get seduced by people in Hollywood and you like to swim in their pool, you like going to dinner with them. They're beautiful people. I'm in the in crowd. This is great, and you lose an edge. Ol Riley lost an edge. Howard certainly did. I did. I got it back now. But that's what something like LA can do to you. It really can seduce you with to becoming softer and not to get the celebrities upset.
Speaker 2: Yes, it absolutely can. But which one was the real Howard? Was the real Howard the guy we heard on the radio all those years, or is the real Howard the guy now?
Speaker 3: Which is the guy now? I think it's the guy now because I think that he's so committed to this personality that I don't think he even thinks about the old shows and the old Howard. I think he's completely wiped that guy out. No, he's gone, He's deleted that guy from his head. And now he's this soft, woke asshole that doesn't have the goods anymore, and no one's running to hear the show. And like I said, we are aging out. The younger kids coming up up the highway. They don't know his old stuff. They really can't. They weren't there for it. So with us all getting older and him getting softer and weaker. But I wouldn't mind seeing him do a Charlie Rose type show. He'd be great at that. But I don't think he wants to work like that. I don't think. I just think he wants to disappear, go take care of stray cats, clean up the beach with Beth, you know, stay inside. He's a shut in He's like, Howard, use.
Speaker 1: That's what he should do though, Yeah, that's what if he's not he could either do a long form interview show.
Speaker 2: On you named him platform. He could do it, yeah, or it's time to go. But there's there's no way to do a show like anything he's been doing and and and have it be worthwhile for somebody like him, because he can't generate a fraction of the revenues.
Speaker 3: To try to imagine this, go back twenty years ago, Howld's on top of the world, killing it. Joe Rogan is a comic slash sitcom actor and then you know what's the show he did? You know, the reality show?
Speaker 1: Yet behind I know you have to eat this stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's wrong of me either way, you know. Okay, imagine if anybody could see the future and think, well, that guy on that Fear Factor, that Fear Factor host has a lot to give. I bet he might be the most important broadcaster or podcaster in the country one day and Howard's gonna sink down. Twenty years ago, that's where we were. Rogan was hosting Fear Factor and Howard was on top of the world. And now it's completely reversed. And that model that he that he's done for years that can't be recreated. You just can't find You just can't find people like that anymore to sit around you.
Speaker 2: And you know, no, well, look, you had back in the day, ninety eight percent of the population was listening to radio on a weekly basis, and you know, he was getting twenty percent shares of the male demographics, the younger male demographics in those markets. He had millions and millions and millions of people nationwide hanging on his every word. And you know what, what has happened with technology and people's desire for choice, control and customization is there? There is no mass media like that anymore. There's no medium.
Speaker 1: That can provide you that kind of exposure.
Speaker 2: It is all about the individual content creator and.
Speaker 1: How they use all the things.
Speaker 2: Available to them to build an audience and what they can possibly generate off of it. And he doesn't. He doesn't have what it takes to do that anymore. And so it's time to go.
Speaker 3: And if you think of it, I was thinking about this the other day, since I spent so much time with him, then I do what I do now. And if you go back in time, how would have his father, on, his mother on He would tell inside stories about Alison all the time. He brought his family up constantly, And I wonder if that's what made me do this now, I wonder if that subplace in the back of my head that I store that and say, oh, actually, I think I did because I wanted my talk show to have my family in it, and I was making moves to make that happen before I got canceled. So he had such an effect on me that.
Speaker 2: You absolutely did because you realize as a fan of the show first how it humanized him and it drew you because you had.
Speaker 1: A friendship with him before you actually had a friendship with him, right, because we all felt like, yeah, we had a friendship with him. That's what he did. He made.
Speaker 2: Mass media over the air broadcasting as intimate back in the day, as a medium like podcast makes uh it does today.
Speaker 1: But he did it. He did it.
Speaker 2: Wait, look, he it was unbelievably innovative, it was anti establishment, it was the timing was absolutely right for it.
Speaker 3: And but somebody wanted seventy one is too young to hang it up. He's got all those marbles. I mean, let's say he's nuts but he's got all those marbles. He could do these shows standing on his head. So it's too young seventy one to walk away, but I think he will. And if it's about Robin, then I know he will. If it's not the contract and the money, he's gonna walk away. They keep saying he's gotten canceled. He's getting canceled. They're not really canceling, and they're not They're gonna have a talk about the coat.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna they're not gonna renew the contract, right, they'll they'll probably do something where they they either either he'll retain and build a business around or have somebody build a business around his archive for him, or they will acquire or the archives so that they can do certain things.
Speaker 1: But but the value is pennies on the dollar to what it to what it once was, because the stuff that's valuable is the stuff he doesn't want out there. No, it's this, you know, we would I would.
Speaker 2: I would spend a weekend on a couch watching best of back from the from the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yes, if something like that was available, but it's.
Speaker 3: The best I'm not gonna would, I would say with Joey on a weekend night in Long Island, having some cocktails and just watching Sternshell over and over, just laughing on balls off. And you know, I don't know why he can't stay funny forever. All of our comics stayed funny forever. I don't know a comic that was funny for years and suddenly got shitty and walk and just decided.
Speaker 1: To Bill Burr.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. That's a good point he got.
Speaker 1: But he was he was never that fun, that fake.
Speaker 3: But I agree, Bill Burr gots all my nerves. I never really loved to begin with. But now he's just what I mean. But now too much, it's too much. I know he is, I know. But these guys, all these guys now changing the subject a little bit, they all are not all of them. Many of them are mediocre comics. Mediocre Joe Rogan is a mediocre comic. He's not a guy you left your balls off with. He's not Louis c k or Dave Chappelle. No, So, just do I hate that this is happening. It's gonna there's gonna be so many books, so many documentaries that are gonna come out soon. Gary's gonna write a book, maybe Fred Will Robin might. I mean, there could be so much more. We don't know that we're gonna find out, to really see what it was like in that inner sanctum of that studio, because I know he was like a little kid. But I also was there many times when he would scream during a commercial break that he was quitting, like get so and so on the phone. I forget the GM's name, get him on, get him up here, get him up here. The guy that told me I had to leave the room. I forget his name though, Jeff, Jeff something maybe anyhow, he just, uh, it was so much. But he kept saying I'm gonna quit, I'm done, I'm done, and he meant that. So he's been having this. He's been like always like this with his job. It's not a place he enjoys to go to, I don't. I mean, he records out of his house most of the time. Now that's all different, it's all different. It's just that's a shame. He was. He was so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look those if some of those guys are going to write books about what it was like on the inside back in the old days, they will or what happened when Howard turned with all the I'd read those, I'd love to read those.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a industry of those.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's talk about let's talk about. Here's something that if this had occurred back in the day. Okay, if there were a WNBA in nineteen eighty nine, Howard Stern would have been the one to create the green dildos and have people throwing him on the court across the country.
Speaker 1: That's he would have been doing right then.
Speaker 3: Started he was dressed as a dill dolt to sit in the arena Isaac, anything to mock that league. He loved. He would love taking down people like that. Of course, you won't touch it. He would never say a word about it. Probably think it's a great basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he probably he'd probably talk down about what's going on and that it's disgraceful that misogyny and everything else that people are that people are doing this just throw Biden a.
Speaker 3: Few months ago. You have a wonderful family. I love that you're leading this country. I mean, you have a wonderful family. Well let's look, well, losing your mind. Where was the Howard who was gonna make fun of them tripping and falling and forgetting where he's walking. We needed to hear that guy, not I love your family's amazing, great people.
Speaker 1: My god, there was so much material there that went to went to waste.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: And and because it became because it became untouchable, you know, comedians really couldn't go after it the way that they they should have.
Speaker 1: I mean some guys did, but not.
Speaker 3: But that was the point I was gonna make. Now I'm back on track. There's there's so many mediocre comics out there making a fortune. Stand up comedy has grown so big, and now with these podcasts, they're making so much money for advertising and Patreon that you don't even have to be that funny, just as long as you have a crowd that follows you, like a Bobby Lee, who is okay, I don't really get it. There's a lot of guys that are mid level like Rogan, but Rogan figured out, Okay, I'm gonna talk about a lot of things with a lot of people, Navy seal scientists, athletes.
Speaker 1: He Rogan's got. Rogan's got a great curiosity. He does got He's got a he's.
Speaker 2: Got a great curiosity. He's got a really good way about him people like him. Timing was important. He went after it the right way. Uh, you know, he deserves his his success. It all came about the right way, authentically.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think the Green dialdo is an interesting following Stern. I think it's an interesting topic because this that where are the This has happened three times now.
Speaker 1: It could it could easily be happening.
Speaker 2: Everywhere every night, Yeah, three times multiple if the right people were behind it. I don't totally get it, Like, what is what is the joke? What's the reason why we're doing this?
Speaker 3: So why throw it? I mean they're into girls, many of them are into girls, lesbians, So I don't know. Dildo I mean I guess it works. I mean they used dildos on each other. Was strap ons, that'd be more accurate. Throw a strap on on the court. But it's gonna get to a point you called it. It's like the Holland Globe Trotters. This league is like the column Globe Trotters against the Washington Senators. It's such a farce, and yet it's on the news every fucking day. They're gonna they should open up sex shops in these arenas to save people in trouble and hustling at bildo and just go up and get one an intermission and toss it on the court. Well, build a giveaway.
Speaker 2: Night, Cosmic Power, the magazine said, Cosmic the reason this is happening is to send a message that women don't belong in the court and that their athleticism isn't as valuable as their sexuality. That's the that's the well.
Speaker 3: I don't think it isn't as valuable as a sexuality. I don't see many sexual girls playing out there. They're not not my type. There's just a handful of them, But the most ones I see are like tough, kind of dykish girls who play the game hard. Look, they're they're very athletic. They've they're great at even Angel Reese, so I can't stand. She's got a lot of great stuff, she just can't hit a layup. Once she learns to hit a layups, she's gonna be a force because she's big and strong.
Speaker 2: It's that's what they were saying about her when she was eight years old. Play Yes, she just said, learn how to make a layups.
Speaker 3: So embarrassing. But if it's culture with you, just get Cheryl Miller down there. Get someone teach her how to hit that. If she hits statue's gonna squad twenty eight points a game and get twenty rebounds a game.
Speaker 2: A good freshman high school team beats any team in that way. It's the dumbest thing I know in history. I know it's a thing, So keep throwing dildos, but but I think there should be something.
Speaker 1: Better than dildo's to throw.
Speaker 2: Because you're right, I don't know what the percentage is, it's a very high percentage of the league that's gay.
Speaker 3: Strap on is more accurate. They peg each other with the strap one a bit a pillow with a bike taken out of it. I don't know, a part of a rug with a bike taken out of it. You can get creative if you want, well, rugmunture.
Speaker 1: I don't know. People should, People should find more entertaining.
Speaker 3: Change the teams. Let's let's have the Indiana the Indiana ros Munchers play the Baltimore Pegs. Just keep the sexuality in there and literally get more popular. It's so embarrassing that we that they wanted to think this.
Speaker 1: Is really I think you're onto something there.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know if we mean what the yeah, medium actually did that.
Speaker 3: Meet it head on, meet it, meet it head on.
Speaker 2: If the Indiana Fever came out, you know, even if they just had rug munch night and just came out as the rug Munschters for that one night, they would they would fucking sell out.
Speaker 1: It'd be awesome. They should do that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do shirts skins, maybe a shirt skins game.
Speaker 1: I don't think well, I don't think that'll be.
Speaker 3: No, it'll be happening, But just trying to get ideas of what could make the league get bigger. But they want more money. They want more money. One girl said the jandler. The chandler earned more more than her. The joandler in the arena was getting paid more than she was to be on the team. I forget the player, but I'm sure that's true.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that same janitor switching topics will probably earn more money than Kamala Harris will from her book.
Speaker 3: Oh this woman, you know that's all. First of all, she didn't write it. She she had ghostwriters. Of course, this has been You don't write a book that quickly when you lose, and now you're six months out and your book is done now she had this is this is being done a year ago and it's going to come out in September. Right, I think I saw the ads for it. She does it on TV with that stupid holding the book. It's not even the book. The book's not out yet, but you have to wrap her run another book and she's speaking about she still can't speak, right, she still looks like she's reading. Well, she was reading, not knowing how to promote her book.
Speaker 2: No, the Colebet interview, which was it was awful, is every bit as bad as everything else.
Speaker 3: Well, she can't she do She cannot run for governor. I don't think she can run for office.
Speaker 1: If she would have run for government, she would have won two and not even close.
Speaker 2: She would have won hands down. If she would have if she wanted to run, she would have won hands them.
Speaker 3: I agree, Gavin, there's some they much rather have a black woman than they have breath of a new heir than old Gavin, who keeps doing the same.
Speaker 2: There's no Republican apparatus in the state, damn automatically wins.
Speaker 1: She would have won if she would have done that. But she's not doing that.
Speaker 3: She's not been elected to anything. In her life.
Speaker 1: Correct, Well, I guess she won the Did she win the smarrace?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think she might have won the same race, although again it's there's no Republican apparatus in the state.
Speaker 1: There's no one that's going to be able to beat her.
Speaker 3: I see her getting a job at a big law firm and just kind of slicking away. No one looks to her at the Democrat Party and thinks she's our's a future leader.
Speaker 1: Here's here's my prediction.
Speaker 2: So you look at one hundred and seven days as the title.
Speaker 1: Of the book.
Speaker 3: Horrible title, by the way, horrible title.
Speaker 1: Well, but it's an excuse for not winning.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. It's a good point.
Speaker 2: I only had one hundred and seven days. If I'd had more, would I would have won? Right, So it's an excuse. I'm not running for governor, which I could win.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: So teasing that she's gonna run in twenty eight, even though she said all this other shit.
Speaker 1: Now, if.
Speaker 2: Dem donors got together, they would pay her a fortune not to run. They pay her a fortune not to run. She's not this smart, but maybe someone around her is smart. Enough to say you need to scare the party into thinking you're going to run, so they pay you to go away. Let's face it, you don't even want to be a lawyer in some firm because you're not even competent to do that.
Speaker 1: But they can't take you on. They can't.
Speaker 2: They can't take you on as as.
Speaker 1: An African American woman, they can't take you on.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: Newsome doesn't have a clear path unless you get out of the way. And they want Newsom to have the clear path. You can't have another second person from California splitting that California vote and everything else.
Speaker 1: They got to get her to go away.
Speaker 2: And so if maybe she has some really smart people with her that are like, come out of the bove one hundred and seven days, it's your excuse for for why it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Don't run for Calli governor. Now they're going to be really scared.
Speaker 2: You're running in twenty eight and somebody's going to pay you a bloody fortune to just sit on your ass and do nothing. And let's face it, that's pretty much what you're qualified to do. So that's my prediction, that's what that's what happens.
Speaker 3: I like, I like what you said about the excuse for not winning. I like, I didn't think about that. That's good, that's her excuse. I only have this my days. I didn't have a lot of time. But you had a billion. You had more money than Trump, you had more money than Republicans. You had a billion dollars and you blew it and you were what a farce?
Speaker 1: Did you see what what Barstools did?
Speaker 3: No, it's hard.
Speaker 1: So you know how my sons are totally into this.
Speaker 2: You join these fantasy football leagues and now it's less about winning the league and all about not being the guy who loses the league. Because there's an insane punishment for the guy.
Speaker 1: Who loses the league.
Speaker 2: So if you come in last in your fantasy league, like my son had one last year at TCU, or the guy who lost had to streak across campus.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have to do these that's ridiculous things.
Speaker 2: Well one of the leagues, I don't know how many leagues Barstools has.
Speaker 1: If you lose, you have to lock.
Speaker 2: Yourself in a room and and you can't come out until you read the entire Kamala Harris book.
Speaker 1: And then then you have to.
Speaker 2: Pass a test on questions from the book to prove you actually read it, and if you don't pass, you go back in the room until you read the book again. I thought that was a great that's a great punishment for.
Speaker 3: I couldn't imagine reading that whole book and then being tested on it. That is torture.
Speaker 1: It's torture, absolutely.
Speaker 2: That's why it's the punishment for coming in last in the league.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not as bad. It's not as good as kidnapping Asian kids and Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: And uh I tell that story on the show, say that.
Speaker 3: The best ever Versity and your fraternity? What was your fraternity?
Speaker 1: Pike ka pi cap alpha pi cap alpha.
Speaker 3: So tell tell the folk, Well, this is way way back in the of course.
Speaker 2: We would we would have this. We'd have a big party every weekend. But we had this party we would throw called pan pen Pike. We would celebrate and part of the part of the event was we would go through the freshman register. We had all these pictures of freshmen and you would find Asian freshmen and you would take pledges for chorney pledges, and you would assign them different Asian freshmen to come bring to the house as hostages.
Speaker 1: For the night.
Speaker 3: But it.
Speaker 5: Over the over the over the years, over the years, it sort of flipped on its head to where it became an honor to.
Speaker 1: Be sought to be a hostage for the night.
Speaker 2: So so when people would come to your room to get you, it wasn't this you know, demeaning, horrible thing. It was kind of the Pikes want me to be one of their hostages to night for the okay, great, uh, And we'd bring them to the house and and uh they would.
Speaker 1: Be hostages for the evening. For the entire part.
Speaker 2: We drank which agent orange punch is what we do. We would we would mix orange tang with UH with PGA with pure grain alcohol.
Speaker 1: It was brutal, I mean it was. It was bad. Two cups of this stuff and you're gone, and.
Speaker 2: We would by the end of the night we would be You would run, you'd dive in the air.
Speaker 1: Guys would grab your legs as you're going up and they would dunk you. We we had huge vats of this stuff.
Speaker 2: They would dunk you in and hold you down in it until you tapped out and you'd come back and you just gulp the.
Speaker 1: Stuff from from in the thing.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, I'm surprised more more guys didn't get.
Speaker 3: Like we're doing for apples, no matter how disgusting that was, bobbing for apples and we were kids, But.
Speaker 1: The amount of the amount of truly dangerous stupid ship we did back in the day, I mean, understand why they can't do it anymore, but god, it was it was so much fun.
Speaker 3: I mean it was fun.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It's good. It's a good cleaning college kid fun. That's what college is for, especially if you're living away and you're with a fraternity. Of course, of course, but I didn't know if the if the Asian kids knew they were being hunted, Did they know the week or they just hunt?
Speaker 1: It is probably the harsh what if you want to.
Speaker 3: Go take the hostage. Did they know this was going on? Did they know what week it was? Or it just sprung on them?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 2: I think that word with travel and uh you know, and and chances are that if you're a freshman, an Asian freshman, you have one or two of our pledges on your floor because they're spread all over. You're pulling from every dormitory for your pledge class and so they probably mentioned, you know that this is going on this particular weekend, and so but you know, if it happens to you, it's you know, it's an honor to actually be there.
Speaker 1: You know, there are tons of Asians not being.
Speaker 2: Requested to come over to to the party that night, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So so so we weren't just horrible people kidnapping as we did.
Speaker 1: We did some stuff.
Speaker 2: I hated the fraternity house next to us, the Sigma News the Nubs, which I know is Sigma News. Good fraternity in a lot of places that at Vandy. I apologize to any Vandy Sigma News from my ear that may be.
Speaker 1: But they were, they were. They were the biggest nerds.
Speaker 2: And every every one of the fat houses, all the all the guys would double and triple park behind the house because you had very limited parking on campus. You didn't have real parking lot behind the house. You had whatever was originally a backyard, and everybody just started parking on and so we'd have a keyboard in the house where everybody would leave their keys, because if your car got blocked in by two guys, you need to get a couple of pledges to back out so you could back out.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a mess, but it was better than better than getting tickets everywhere. And I forget what the Nubs had done, but they pissed me off, and so I made a bunch of pledges go over to their parking lot at two o'clock in the morning and get and unscrew all the license plates from.
Speaker 3: All the card.
Speaker 2: And then we went out to this golf course like five miles away from campus and buried all of the license plates and.
Speaker 1: The spot and then made a treasure map.
Speaker 2: With clues and left and left the fucking clues at the at the Nub.
Speaker 3: House with top notch college in America was going on with no attribution that it was that it was, so they didn't know.
Speaker 2: They highly suspected, probably highly suspected me, but highly suspected it was it was our house that was that was doing this. But we had them going for three or four days on because they'd have to.
Speaker 1: Call in for the next clue. And I mean, we just put them through hell.
Speaker 2: And what were they gonna do. They call campus police, the campus place, They come to our door and go, you know, are you involved in the in the license plate caper.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about. I mean, we did ship like that all the freaking time.
Speaker 3: That's why high school was better for me because I didn't I commuted to college. I didn't live on campus, so my fund was limited in college. But when I began to do theater. When I mined in theater, one of the wackiest things we did was I was in a play called The Indian Wantster Bronx. Al Pacino did it on Off Broadway in Broadway when he was very young, and I had his role. And it's set in the street in New York City, so we needed ambient sound of New York. So we had to tape New York traffic and sirens and ambulances and whistles and shit. That played in the theater. But we needed a phone booth because the phone booth was an integral part of that play. This Indian guy was calling to first Sun. How do you get a phone booth? We went out. We took this big sculptor, his name was Michael Angelo, believe or not, and we took his truck into Manhattan and we found I don't know how we found it, maybe somebody kept us off. There was a glass phone booth someplace downtown that wasn't really screwed into cement or you could you could move. We fucking took it and later in the back of his long truck afford something and we are the professors were out of the How did you do? We took waste baskets. They used to have the Manhattan to make it really like a New York City street. But still their phone was fun. The other thing we did was big party. Parents came over. It was like initiate, not initiation. When you first go to college the first week you gotta you gotta that they throw parties. You stay on campus for two or three nights to get the look of the campus and have some parties. And all the parents were there and there was a big get together at some hall, Riggs hall. Me and my buddy. This is so bad. We went there. Everybody, all the parents had their coats and you know, pocketbooks in a separate room. We went in their bags, not to steal money, to change everybody's car keys in different pocketbooks. This is before cell phones. So we left the party early because I gotta go. Now. Could you imagine ten twelve?
Speaker 1: Like how people at Oh there.
Speaker 3: Was like sixty people, but we got ten or twelve bags and we were just laughing and throwing different keys and different bags. When they get their key, they can't call anybody. There's no cell phones. What the fuck do you do? You have to wait until so many drugs you all show up, are going to go. I have your kids, you have my keys. But that's that was my fun in college. It was limited to that because I commuted. That's why high school is uh. I can't get high school out of my mind because that was the ship we did.
Speaker 2: Was well, you know, I love so I've told some stories about the pranks that that I pulled on my mentor Bob Curry over there over the years, but it really started at school because that's you know, the opportunity to pull pranks on other guys orretitive fraternities or whatever. It was just, I mean, it was just there for the taking and it was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Like one was particularly brutal that we did where because the process was brutal.
Speaker 2: This was this was really us rebelling against a process that I thought was just unbelievably cruel. And so what would happen with what happened with sororities and girls is.
Speaker 1: So you'd be there.
Speaker 2: All fresh first semester or freshman year, meeting different people and going to sorority houses and seeing people and meeting people at fraternity parties and everything like that. And then official rush is right when you get back for second semester and you go through formalized tours of all the houses, meeting the sisters in each of the houses. And then what would happen is each freshman girl that wanted to be in a sorority would have to furnish their choices one two three, their list of one two three, and each sorority would have to create their list of it's probably twenty five maybe thirty girls that they wanted in and then the whatever it was, the Panehlanic Council would do the merging together of the choices desired by the freshman girls and the lists provided by the sororities. So you didn't know what sorority you were going to be in until this one Saturday, which what would happen is at nine am on that Saturday, you would go to your mailbox which was at this student Center, the Student Center event, and you would open your mailbox and it would tell you what sorority you were in, which might have been your first, might have been your second, might have been your third choice, and you would immediately run from the student center to that sorority where all of the girls are out and balloons and you know it's a party atmosphere and everything, and so this was sort of straight out of Animal House. We got one of the guys out a truck and we all got fire extinguishers and we had masks on, and we waited till nine am, and then at nine am we just made a circuit around the route because all the sororities were in a two block area, so they were all the girls were running to that slatest sororities, and we would just be shooting fire extinguishers.
Speaker 1: About everybody at everybody. I say, we're going by. It's so stupid.
Speaker 2: It was freaking hysterical though, because you've got this, you know, holier than now Southern Baptists dressed in this perfect outfit heading to the pi FI House or the Tridell's house or the KD House or whatever, and you know, all of a sudden you get you're getting shot by a fire Why who knows just to be idiots, but you.
Speaker 1: Could do it.
Speaker 3: There's a guy on Instagram, a black guy. It's a black neighborhood some city where there's a lot of a lot of traffic when people walking, street traffic, and this guy has a leaf blowing. It's in a residential area. And what he does was when he sees a girl coming, a black girl that he knows has a wig or a weave, he waits and he goes right up their back and blows their weave off. You gotta see these girls running for their weaves, crawling on the ground. It's a good gig.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: They'll stop the w NBA game and process by the way to get the wig when it falls, when it comes off.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't even say wig, Oh this problem down, Say okay, she's gonna take down the tunnel. She's gonna go to loft. They wouldn't even say her wig fell, her weave is off. They that's embarrassing. Can't say it.
Speaker 1: Can't say that it's a green dil though.
Speaker 2: Either it has to be foreign matter on the foreign object. Yeah, that was the old WWE line, wasn't It was always a that the wrestler brought a foreign object into the ring object.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is he had a for an object? Yeah, that's fine, unbelievable. Hey, was not a real picture of hul khog and I saw in his casket. I don't know. It could be AI, but I saw a picture on Instagram of Hulk k Holgan open casket in a nice suit, but the red bandana Hulklebania on his head and the flumentru of course all white, and his eyes weren't completely shut. And it looks so eerie that he looked like he was in It was just like an intense moment in life. He looked alive. I'm not sure if its a I well, they really had an open casket.
Speaker 1: Too, well, it could it could. I haven't seen that. Yeah, could be either, because I could.
Speaker 2: Very well see him saying when I go, this is how I want to this is how I want to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to bury him with the with the bandana, you got it, that's his thing. You can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's interesting more people don't do something.
Speaker 2: Like that, like here's how if you're going to be in an open casket, here's what I want, Like we we all have you know, uh dn R's and different instructions for how we want to be treated if we're on our dithetics. But nobody, at least I don't know if anybody that says, here's what I want, you know, and if you said, look when I go, I want my nineteen seventy nine West Side of high school.
Speaker 1: Basketball uniform, I have it, Okay, I want.
Speaker 2: I want to be I want my open cast with me with I don't care how fucking bad I look.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 2: I want to have my my uniform.
Speaker 3: On Crans forty four, my big fat belly in that old high school shirt.
Speaker 1: Dude, I think she I think you should do that. Start.
Speaker 2: I think I think you should do it if you have it, if you have it, especially and.
Speaker 3: Why not because I looks so fucking big, But why not?
Speaker 1: But you're you're saying goodbye to everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, you know what I wanted to say goodbye in my in my high school basketball uniform.
Speaker 3: At least you don't have a good laugh. That'd be fun because you have to laugh at funerals like when when Gallagher, what you got? What do you guys want to My father's funeral and my brother, my cousin Raymond was there. He was Vietnam War vet brewers hair. It was like he was like one of those guys on that reality show with the old men, Doc Hunters, whatever the fuck was called long hair beard just a mess and uh, Gallagher walks over me real quiet, and he goes, I'm glad. Who do you say, I'm glad. Oh, I'm glad the grateful dead came to see your father. Perfect. It's perfect Gallagher. And of course he's laughed.
Speaker 1: No one, no one likes their own material better than Gallaghy. He gets a good laugh out of it. But him lately, I haven't seen him lately.
Speaker 2: We we had a text go around not too long ago saying we needed to to put the band together for something, but we we haven't tell you what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: I wrote a screenplay once and it's it's it's a It's about a guy real quickly who It's like, if you have something you really want in life, like a like a final wish, so to speak, this guy will carry out whatever it is you want done. You know, everybody wants different things. They're about to die. They want to make sure a girlfriend that lived across the country knows that he always loved her more than his wife. That kind of shit. So this guy goes around doing one thing we had him do in the screenplay was he sent the clown to someone's funeral. That would be the ultimate to be in a funeral and have a clown walk in.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I love that.
Speaker 2: I actually think that's a great idea for a business like the Final Wishes. Yeah, Final Wishes. So the bit what we do is fulfill your your your three wishes. We fulfill your final three wishes in life? What would you like him to be? And and then you go like.
Speaker 3: A Bob Odenkirk playing that role like a you know, like not a tough, tough guy, but a sharp guy who knows what he wants. You know, it's how to get things done. And the whole thing about the movie was, even though he was getting paid at the end of the movie, you see that all the checks he got are tacked to a wall. He didn't catch one of them. He enjoyed doing what he did. He just wanted to make these people, these people's wishes come true. Some were crazy, some are really sweet. So there was a lot of you know, comedy, tragedy. It was a lot in there. It was a lot of fun to write. I haven't seen it in a while. I got to dig it out. But yeah, that's a good character.
Speaker 1: Well it's it's a good character. It's a good idea for a show. But I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great idea for a business. There's probably something out there that's somewhat similar. But but to but to be able to grant I think. I think of my father in law right now, who was just larger than life.
Speaker 3: And my brother in law.
Speaker 2: This unbelievable guy who you know now it's it's you know, we're just waiting. And of course, uh, I would love for for him to say, hey, here's here's three things. You know, go to he's a big golfer, go to the go to Annandale, the club he played at, and take my driver and I don't know, uh, knock out the the tea.
Speaker 1: Markers on the first first hole. Whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but give me three things and go go do them for them.
Speaker 3: I think people will you do it and to make sure the guy knows it, make sure the guy knows it would work before he passes. And nowadays, because I wrote this years ago, nowadays you can show the guy your phone. You could, you could show them exactly what you did. But again, a lot of a lot of some some some wishes are tragic and sad, make you cry. Others are very funny, over the top, crazy ship that this guy is gonna do. Yeah, there's something there. There's something there.
Speaker 1: There's definitely something I gotta think about that.
Speaker 3: There's Yeah. I got a few of those stories that I didn't do anything with it. I didn't even I didn't even I didn't I didn't send it out to be optioned. I just at the end of the day, I just felt like, maybe it needs more, like I kind of dropped it.
Speaker 2: But okay, last thing and then, uh, lady, well we didn't get to we're doing our usual job of getting to like a fraction.
Speaker 1: Of the topics I put down.
Speaker 3: It's fine, all.
Speaker 1: Right, here's my thing on the Sydney Sweeney.
Speaker 3: Oh, Sydney, Sydney Sweeney. Go ahead, She's hottest, the hottest girl, Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 1: I guess that's my problem.
Speaker 2: Like I think Sydney Sweeney has a you know, really really grandmother, say, best boobs in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I think she's got a really nice body.
Speaker 3: She does.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's particularly pretty.
Speaker 3: I know what you mean, And I.
Speaker 2: Actually don't think she looks particularly good in an American eagle.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree she's no. I agree that she didn't look her best in that ad because frankly, it wasn't as sexy. It didn't look sexy like baggy back, right, That's what I'm saying. Don't But if you see her on the red carpet with a tight, tight red dress with her boobs out, and I mean, and you know she's she's bed on the raid off of three years or so with that show Euphoria. We've seen her tits out. She's having sex on that show with her black boyfriend. So there's nothing new there. But this is a girl about two or three years ago was complaining that I'm not working enough, I'm not getting paid. How can I afford to live if I'm not gonna work. She was getting real like you're nasty and bitter, Like you're a fucking young woman. Calm down, you're gonna hit HBO show. You'll be fine, and now forget it, she's off to the races. I mean, this girl just blew up. But that's what a body can do for you. But I I agreed that her face is not you. Now, some of my friends say she has like that, a little bit like the little autistic face, a little on the spectrum face kind of thing. But I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying solidy eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'll give of course, yeah, I'll give it an eight. But you know what the ad Listen any you could put Penelope Cruz and say she has great jeans and she's Latin. You could take it doesn't matter the color. I don't care if Sydney's white because I like sexy black girls and sexy Latitas, so that could be. That could be an add for every sexy chick, not just Sidney Sweeney. And maybe they will. If they're smart, they'll put a hot Latina, not so fiea the gar she's too old. I hate to say it, but you need someone young, young Latina. There's plenty out there ISAA Gonzalez, There's a million of them that would be a hit for American Eagle. This way, you get old every culture.
Speaker 2: It will it will be a series now and they'll do the obvious thing because it was never about anything other.
Speaker 1: Than that play on words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I look great in jeans and I have gray jeans.
Speaker 3: It's such but so perfect. I talk about a perfect ad, they nailed it, and it's it's yeah, the nailed it. I was. I was heavily thinking about advertising before I went to journalism. I loved advertising. I read a book called The Subliminal Art of Seduction when I was like eighteen, and I all the images they put in movies in the theater where you don't really see. It's one frame and a film, a Coca cola shows up and your mind catches, but your eyes don't suddenly get thirsty. Ship like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would have been a great creative director. You could have wrote. I could have done that, for sure.
Speaker 3: I wrote two heads up that I think were great. I wrote, well, the one I loved the most, and it's finally I think, finally somebody did it. But I would have like doctor Jay in bed on his night tables a big glass of milk and he gets an oreo cookie and he dunks it in the milk, eats it and he's on his back and he goes back with with it. Dunken like a reverse dunk was a seculiar serving Dunk's areos. Yeah, that'd be kiy. I had some good ideas back then. I did that was good.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then I got that. I just wanted to be a writer because I didn't have any advertising heroes. But you probably loved mad Men. I've never seen mad Men.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? I just watch it. I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: Why I know, I know I should have and it just got it got to where it was. It's too much, too many years, like it took me forever. It gets to Breaking Bad. I didn't see Breaking Bad until like.
Speaker 1: Three years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so love that.
Speaker 1: At some point, maybe I'll do mad Men. But no I haven't. I haven't. I mean, I know Don Draper and all that.
Speaker 3: But the business, I mean, yeah, aful lot about it.
Speaker 1: No, I should have. I should have done. It was bad that I did. Hey, I want to mention real quick.
Speaker 2: I know you did on on Fame and I saw that that A bunch of people came in and bought Eric Javitts hats or whatever else they bought. It's such a great deal and it's such a great product, folks.
Speaker 1: It's Eric with a C. Javits with an S.
Speaker 2: Dot com great great deals are twenty percent off is on top of any other deal you already get on the site, and lots of stuff is on sale on the site, so you can end up saving forty fifty percent on stuff. The other one is Cozy Earth, which is cozy earth dot com. Unbelievable sheets, betting, pillowcase, all that kind of stuff. Forty one percent off is the deal with the promo code fame Aja's promo code for either of those. Thank you to the folks who have bought stuff there if you have any need for betting. This is great, top of the line stuff at Cozy Earth. And if you're in a hats my wife's got two of them, loves them. Actually we take that back, she's got three of them. Yeah, she's got three of them and absolutely loves them and each any any kind of taking a walk in the summer sun, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: They look great and the last forever you are.
Speaker 3: When we when we were pitched this idea back in September in Florida, I forget your friend, I forget your friend's name, but jeffrespector Jeff Yeah, and it was like, are we kind of really people? Make this is gonna work? I'm really I'm very happy that we've you know, a lot of a lot of that stuff is moving off the shelf, you know, I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: Look, I think we're talking about Howard Stern earlier this audience.
Speaker 2: It may not be the size of Howard Stern's audience back in the day, but not quite. But your fans love you every bit as much as Stern fans ever love Stern. And if they are in the market for new sheets, sure in the market for a new hat, they know that you're not going to get behind some kind of schlocky. I mean, we could have chosen from six hundred and something brands of products, and we chose these two because we really felt like they were a great fit for you in the audience.
Speaker 1: Cozy Earth and Eric Javits.
Speaker 3: And next we're going to do We're gonna do sex toys. We're gonna walk sex toys only only. And rugs with a bite takes that of it a little scatter rugs.
Speaker 2: Haven't I think there there are a couple of options in the six hundred and summer brands for sex stories. I didn't see anything with the munched on rugs, but I'll go back and I'll go back and look.
Speaker 3: I want to move some I want to move some vibrates, that dildos, that'd be great. It's got to be embarrassing because we know who bought them. Well you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: We don't have to, We don't have to tell anybody. Actually we don't know. I don't see No, we don't. We don't know who about them. We know that they were, that they were bought, So you know, we're not going to out anybody.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta look into this. I talk about sex all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, I'll find you a couple of options in that area. Fun stuff, fun hanging dude. All right, thanks for