Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: Well, we have been talking for a couple of hours, both the nine of the ten o'clock hour about a really surprised development in the Brian Coburger murder trial in Idaho. Coburger is the man who now admits to having murdered four college students from the University of Idaho as they slept on an early Sunday morning in November of twenty twenty two, and he has now pled guilty. His lawyers have entered a plea with the understanding that he would be spared the death penalty and he would have to serve four consecutive life sentences for the murder of the four young people who he murdered while they slept in their beds that horrible Sunday morning. Patrick has joined us from Charlestown and I put him on at the end of last hour, and he's talking. He's talking about a coburger and he's trying to make a point here. So I want to give him an opportunity if you want to go back and just catch up. Patrick. So the people who are just joining us, explain to them that you're talking about this guy Coburger who apparently dealt with a lot of issues. Go ahead, I'd love to hear hear where you're going with this.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Patrick, Yeah, absolutely. First off, if anybody deserves a death penalty, it's this guy. He premeditated it. He circled around their house many many times. He planned this thing out, obviously premeditated. If anybody deserves a death penalty, it's this guy. I just when I read through his termination and there's a letter online. I read through his termination letter and I as I and the same profession you are, and I read, I read the process that he was provided, and I found that there's no way, shape or form that this guy was provided a fair process. Before they terminated his PhD teaching assistant shift. They took away the guy's hopes and dreams, and they did it over some type of a guy versus guy silver backed gorilla dominance fight that he had with his professor. The professor then went to human resources, and you can see from the timeline it started in nine to twenty three. Then there was a meeting on October third, ten days later, eighteen days he's given a meeting eighteen days later, he's found to have not improved. So that includes weekends, right, that is not a sufficient time period to So.
Speaker 1: You have explained that this guy, you know, I had a difficult childhood, A lot of people have difficult childhoods, was able to get himself educated. He's committed a crime. What's the point you're making that he somehow should be treated my point.
Speaker 3: My point is that it's a piece of the story that I think this was the final last straw in the story of this guy's life. He was predisposed for this sort of thing. He's guilty of murder, and there's a problem with like human resources, that it can be absolutely vicious. This guy was not that they ripped the guys hopes and dreams. They smashed them all.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but there's a lot there's a lot of people whose hopes and dreams Patrick ripped away. People don't get into medical school, or they don't get into law school, or or they play five years in the minor leagues and never get past double A or whatever, and they don't go around murdering for people. So I'm just trying to understand. All I'm trying to understand, Patrick, is where you're going you want of my better callers. I want to understand are you are you talking that somehow the college professor who got in, as you said, this male dominance a silver back gorilla, uh contest, should somehow also be indicted.
Speaker 2: What what what you should be?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, that the human resources process should definitely be investigated. It's a small piece of the story. I don't It's a tangent. I send that right up front. It says a lot. There's a lot of people listening right now who've been treated rotten by human resources, who have been fired and not giving a fair chance. And this this is definitely what happened here.
Speaker 1: What about hold on for a sakeon Patrick, I appreciate your presentation, but what about Luigi Mangioni. I believe that he had had some medical bills, or or family members had some medical bills. There's always going to be a rationale. The guy doesn't wake up some morning and say I'm gonna go kill Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not saying this guy deserves the who deserves to be let off, he deserves a death penalty. I'm just saying that that somebody should look at that. So that is a piece of Okay.
Speaker 1: So you've looked at it. Where did we go from there? You've looked at it, and you have explained it really well.
Speaker 3: I think what we do is we have a national conversation about about human resources processes all around the country and and how how we treat employees. I don't I think I've seen this. A lot of my curve represented a lot of people gone through things like this, and this is this is not abnormal. This is and I'm telling you there's people not in their heads listening to this right now have been through similar situations where they got a pip and they would treat it untaily by someone who had something across their backside and wasn't genuine.
Speaker 1: Patrick, I totally get everything you said here, I really do. Okay, but guess what, you know what this is? This is life, unfortunately, and it's sad, right, I mean it is sad. I have friends who who didn't get the didn't get a partnership. They were the best lawyer, they were the hardest working lawyer in the firm, but there was someone who didn't like them or whatever, you know. I mean, that's it's horrible. I mean I've had people who I've worked for who I felt were really had my back and were friends of mine above and beyond a professional relationship. Then you have people who you don't quite have that same feeling for. Okay, but it's kind of like there were I always bring it back to pro athletes, but there were there were pro athletes who were this close to being Hall of Fame athletes and they missed an opportunity or break. They didn't go out and turn around. I just it's part of life. I wish life can. Life can really be bad, it can really be nasty. Uh, and it can be unfair. Jack Kennedy, President Kennedy said, life is unfair. You know, some men get drafted and go to war, some other some don't get drafted. You know, some go to war that they're killed, others the bullet never never kep. What I'm saying is, you're taking his case is going to solve the inequities of the human resource problem in America.
Speaker 3: Right the state's part, it is a big part of this story. No one's talking about. So like that the letter thank.
Speaker 1: You for doing that, you are and I mean that seriously, thank you for doing that.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be specific when you get a letter supposed to be measurable. It's there's supposed to be particulars in there, so with particular outline to improve. None of that's in any of the stuff I read. It's all online and sufficient.
Speaker 4: Patrick.
Speaker 1: Patrick, you're a smart guy. Why don't you take up this cause and use No I'm serious, I'm not being I'm not ridiculing you, Patrick. I hope you understand that I'm being honest. I felt very passionate for a guy named Joe Silvadi many years ago, and I put my my television career on the line. Thank god I was right, But you could I don't know. Maybe the guy in New York, Luigi Mangioni, I mean, he has a real following. Maybe this guy will have a following. It's conceivable that there was something that happened in the Boston bombers case. Maybe the two brothers got laughed at or something because they had a strange accent. But I don't know where it takes you.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't want people to misunderstand what I'm saying. This guy deserves to be fried.
Speaker 1: So you're being You're being You've been very clear. You've been very clear.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know what, I'm gonna do that. So I'm gonna I'll at least I'll at least work on it.
Speaker 1: So, look, you're smart. You're a smart guy. I don't know you personally, maybe we've men at some point, but you were always a challenging caller. That's why I held you over. And I think, well, as they say, that's all I have to do, that all have to give. So but I think you've made my audience think. And that's the standard that I use here. I want my audience. I don't care what they think. I just want them to think. I want to think you challenged me to think about this. Look if if Brian Colburger, Brian Colberger was a relative of mine and I had watched him go through what you just described, I'm not going to justify what happened. And I think you're not justifying what happened. You're saying is that people need to understand that sometimes there are people who are a ticking time bomb and if someone took the time to maybe counsel them or help them, or support them or give them a pat in the back, maybe that fuse doesn't get lit. I think that's what you're.
Speaker 3: Saying yes, which, without a doubt, that's exactly what I'm saying. And if you read through this letter, it's it's it's honestly, it's cruelty when you read through this, when you read through that thing that is cruelty.
Speaker 1: Well he passed that, and you agree he passed that cruelty on in a different way. Why he took four innocent souls, godlings, and their parents and the the the the spouses that they they might have been destined to marry, the children that they might have been destined to have. So thanks, thanks Patrick, challenging call, Thank you so much. All Right, we'll stick with this. Eric and Addleborough, if you want to join the conversation, will continue to talk about what my friend Patrick talks about. I'd also like to talk at least briefly about the Big Beautiful Bill. I think the Big Beautiful Bill is in big trouble. Now. I know that some of you will agree, some of you will disagree, but I think that the differences between the Senate version and the House version are to some extent irresurmultable and irreconcilable, especially in view of the margins, the thin margins that are have. I can talk about that a little bit more. Want to talk about coburger, want to react to what Patrick had to say six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. You want to talk about the big beautiful bill and what's going to happen. It's July first right now. Tomorrow is July second. If this thing does, if this thing gets tied up, it's going to die. And I don't know how the Republicans resurrected.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I supported or oppose it, just telling you I think that there's too many deals being struck here and they talk about making laws or like making sausages an ugly process. This is an ugly process. And the Democrats may be in the catbird seed because if this goes down, there are ramifications that none of us are going to five. And if this passes there are ramifications. Either way, it's a potential losing situation. I'll explain and we'll continue to talk about Brian Colberger. We we can do two things. We can walk into gum at the same time. Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's News Radio's Good to.
Speaker 1: Eric and Attleborough. Hey, Eric, welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Oh Eric, I can I can hear you. You got to turn whatever radio?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, just real quickly. I'm not saying that I support uh Luigi's uh you know, visual anti actions, but something that I just that people are overlooking that has not been mentioned. The gentleman underwent a botched back surgery over a decade ago. And and if you I mean, I was able to take a close look at a lot of blog posts he made it back in the day on like live journal and so on and so forth. I mean he documented his case of just being and exfruliating pain and being unable to simply get the situation rectified, and also becoming developing a habit of painkillers. And I mean, like I said, I don't agree with it. I don't, you know, it's not something that that I think is right. But for someone like that that really the physical pain and ailments obviously ate away at his intellectual wherewithal of right from wrong. And I mean I firmly think that just led to his targeted assassination of the CEO of a company that I mean, you know, it does the health insurance companies have to maximize shareholder wealth. That's the purpose of a for profit I mean, you know, for profit publicly traded companies. So I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm just saying no one's mentioned that tonight, and that's really the crutch of the issue, the fact that he so.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Therefore you're agreeing to some extent with what Patrick from Charles Town is suggesting. And I'm not disagreeing with either of you. But what I'm saying is all of us have circumstances in life that are.
Speaker 2: Difficult, right, I absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Some of us, and that's let me just finish. Let me finish. Some of some of us have circumstances in life that are even more difficult. There are people who were born with horrific disfigurement, diseases, et cetera. And some of us have you know, have have really no problem and then at some point in our life and sometimes and an early point, like MANGIONI had a back issue and and maybe the sur didn't go well. I get all of that. I admit to all of that, but and none of it justifies what they did. We agree on that no one's going to say, the kid that climbed up on the roof and took a shot in miss killing Donald Trump by a couple of inches. I don't know what went on in his life, but obviously there was something there. But so we take all of that and we say to ourselves, okay, we accept that. Where does that lead us intellectually? And I don't know, does it set up defenses? No, ie, I guarantee you that, in my opinion, anyone who takes another person's life is at least temporarily insane. Why would I mean, every day you read the story about the I forget what ton was in a couple of days ago, the son in law of a woman ended up in a fight with the boyfriend of his mother, or the son of a woman ended up in a fight with the boyfriend of his mother. He's like sixty five, he's somewhere in his forties over where the steak was cooked properly?
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, I yes, I I no, And I'm like I said, is it is? Uh, it's I'll put it this way, absolutely assassinating the CEO of a for profit you know, healthy church company. In the end, you know, at the end of the day, his back is the situation is still to be rectified, and it doesn't it doesn't fix it, you know, it doesn't fix the issue. And yeah, it's it's it's it's a absolutely improper youth. And and frankly, it's a anyone that acts the premisure he meditated Melissa in ten right has something that needs to be contained by you know, the lawful authority.
Speaker 1: Well, of course that that goes. I'll say every political assassin. I mean, I'm sure Leejavi Oswald had some reason why he wanted to shoot President Kennedy. Okay, Now I don't know if he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that John Hinckley, who was a nut job and who now walks freely amongst us, thought he had a right to shoot Ronald Reagan in March of nineteen eighty one. He spent forty years in prison. And then you know, he was the son of a doctor, if I recall correctly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, to be honest with you, I don't know as much about those assassins. I was born in nineteen seventy nine, so you know, just the Luigi thing, you know, is something that's fresh. I have, you know, information fresh to be like, no, it's just starting those But you know, I don't have the best information, and that wasn't I just don't know the full background.
Speaker 1: But look, Luigi obviously is blinded by some passion here. He feels that somehow and and and he's almost become a folk hero. There were people who were outside his arraignment and they were great, you know, free Luigi. I mean, what the hell what does that say about our society? I mean, have we brought have we have we got to that point that the guy next door to you, you know, he he runs his leaf blower on a Sunday morning, go on and blow him away. I mean he boughts to blow of the leaves away. I mean, where are we going with this this philosophy?
Speaker 2: I'm with you one hundred percent, and that's why. And I'll leave you with this.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 2: It's like, and you always do a good you know, your shows are always excellent. I've been listening for years. I think all a few times, but I will say that I think the remedy and it's like it's utopian. But imagine democrats, that Republicans, left right, whatever it is, if we all have like leadership that we like really trusted and loved as a collective. I mean, if that could ever happen, you know, elected leadership that like would be trust and that do things that they say they're gonna do when people feel the material conditions change in their lives, you know, according to what the elected officials say. I mean that that's what we really need. It's like, I don't know, it's you know, just when you touch on the big beautiful bill, it's such a convoluted like, you know, just mishmash of different issues with UH, it's just politics as usual. Like as far as I'm concerned. You never saw the movie like Distinguished Gentleman back in the day with Eddie Murphy, And one of the best lines is just like Eddie Murphy gets elected in Congress, he says, like, you know, how does everything ever get done? And then another congressman says it doesn't. That's the beauty of Congress. And it's just like, you know, things like that the bills of you know, not to mishmash the two issues Dan petition.
Speaker 1: I just did be saying, but but here's the deal, okay, namely, any other form of government that you'd like to live under.
Speaker 2: UH, from a That's a very good question. I mean, if there was a utopian application of any type of ideology, it would it would have to be socialism with nationalist characteristics.
Speaker 1: Well but but what I'm saying is this, this socialism with national characteristics, you can move to Sweden and Denmark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not But but I'm from America, my fourth generation. This is my blood, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. What I'm saying is that there are people who would love to live in North Korea. Like this guy who's now going to be the potential mayor of New York. He wants to he he would love to get us back to like uh and you know nineteen seventeen Bolshevik Soviet Union.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, hold on a second, like ju Cha is a is an ultra nationalist, uh, you know ideology that's you know, practiced in North Korea. The Bolshevik Revolution was Actually there's a great boat book by Professor Sutton out of Iowa, Iowa State called The Walls Wall Street Bolsheviks. I mean it talks about how the Trotskyites were literally funded by Warburg and I mean they were funded by Wall Street, which is ironic, and to deploy you know, you know, workers of the world unite if you will right under you know, and to it to take out the czar in Russia. It's not you know, it's it's not the that was a much more violent uh.
Speaker 1: You know, it always is violent. It's violent in in North Korea because if if you step out of line. The the guy in North Korea killed like his brother in law, he used a an anti aircraft gun to have him killed. He didn't he didn't hit him with an M sixteen. I didn't hit him with a kalishn of cough and anti aircraft gun is how he shot and killed his brother in law or his one a member of his family. I become on. I have no idea Eric, the problem the problem without you live Eric. Eric, in my opinion, you live in the best country in the world. You and I were to be born here.
Speaker 3: Okay, discuss these issues without having any type of.
Speaker 2: Censorship.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's no censorship, right And what I'm what I'm saying is and there's no censorship on the show. But as someone once said, and I I forget who it was, I should I should should have remembered it that that we have the worst form of government except for all the others.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I agree.
Speaker 4: I got Eric, I got Eric.
Speaker 1: Eric. We've stumbled through ten minutes.
Speaker 2: You're the best. I appreciate you thinking of my call as always, Dan, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Welcome. That's a great night. Here comes the news at the bottom of the hour. We'll uh, we'll take some I got Emma coming up. I'm looking forward to talk with Emma. I have no idea. I have no idea. Patrick and Eric explained problems, but you've left me there. It's like, Okay, the roof is leaking on my house. Okay, the water's coming in and in the wintertime it's freezing. Okay, what do we do to fix it? Back on Nightside, you're on night Side's news radio. I think the difference is in the House and Senate version of the big beautiful tax bill truly irreconcilable. They're about seven or eight really key points that the Republicans of the Senate disagree with the Republicans at the House on.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Trump administration has been on a winning streak, but that winning streak may come to an end this weekend. Let's go to Emma. Hey, Emma, appreciate you call. You're next on nightside, Emma Gorette Ahead, is Emma there?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, sorry, Hi, I'm here.
Speaker 4: How are you fine? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? What's we got a couple of topics going here? You picked the topic of conversation Gorette Ahead, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: Calling her out Brian Coberger, that whole situation. I've been following this from the beginning, and I wanted to mention you know that I heard Patrick's call, and I absolutely can sympathize with all of that. And there's actually, though, no excuse for obviously committing a crime like this is beyond any words. But I wanted to approach this from a different angle as well. I've been following it and researching about this, and this man, Brian, even at a young age, had a lot of mental illness that was visible to his family and friends. And I think what I would like to actually stress is that I don't know if he ever got help for that, because from what I understand, his parents may have actually protected him, they may have covered up for him, and you know, he's a good boy and all of that, and I think in the end that hurts a person, so I think seeing that those signs at a young age and getting help, I think maybe may have helped this person who was mentally ill already but just kind of snapped when maybe all of that human resources stuff happened. And I'm not justifying again, I just looking at it from that angle of a person that may have needed help long ago and maybe never got it. And I think we have a lot of those people walking around and it's kind of scary, I know.
Speaker 1: And I'm right with you where you are, and the idea is that you look, I don't know enough about him. But even if he had the worst childhood in America. Yeah, and let's assume that he was beaten by his dad, and I don't know that he was. Whatever happened, okay, nothing could justify what went on. I do think that parents tend to be pretty protective of their children. I'm a parent and a grandparent. Sure I'm a little tougher than probably most most dads, But I don't know that I was in any way, shape or form perfect. And I got to tell you, I don't know if you have kids, Emma or no.
Speaker 6: No, I'm sorry, I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you still may who knows. Yeah, but the point is that it's this tremendous responsibility. And then you second if you I second guessed myself every day.
Speaker 4: Oh do you know?
Speaker 6: I mean, well, you seem like to be a great dad. I wish I would have you for a dad for one day.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I think my kids turned out pretty well. But I also don't think I can't take credit for that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I mean that seriously. I'm I happen to have the point of view that and I don't want to get religious on you here, but that you know, Uh, God gave me and my wife two children, and it was our responsibility that that we essentially borrowed them from from God. And again, I you don't have to buy that. I'm just telling you how I felt it about it, and that they were a gift to us. Uh. And we had to do our very best to try to help them as we saw best. And I'm sure we made a lot of mistakes. Uh. And maybe Coberg his parents made mistakes, But I just don't understand how someone gets to that point. And and and now the whole reason we started talking about this was he's gotten He's gotten a pretty big break here. Uh uh, you know, four people are dead, and he's going to spend the rest of his life and who knows, maybe long after I don't know how old you are, but believe me, long after I'm dead, there could be a governor of Idaho who could come along and and and a new theory of psychology conclude that that this man was convicted unjustly based upon the mental you know, flaws that were not diagnosed properly. You know, you know what I'm saying. And it was really a societal problem that that failed him and therefore he could not because you know, it's kind of where I think both Eric and Patrick, who probably a better persons than I am. No, uh, you know, and I think I just think the whole complexity of children. And now I'm seeing it again. We have grandchildren, two grandchildren.
Speaker 6: Great, you know you congratulations, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Ema. What do you do? What type of work do you do?
Speaker 6: If I could ask, well, I'm in a mental health field. I'm a counselor. So this is why this drew me in, and I've been following it. It was it was of interest to me because I was reading some of the also some of the things that supposedly Brian under an alias wrote online and he was a very troubled person. That drew me into like read it in some other forums where he expressed how distressed he was at a very young age, and that kind of drew me into the whole thing. And this this the kid had a lot of issues. And I don't know, as I said, where his parents were with this. I know his mother was very protective of him, and she was an you know, Italian mom, and I think she was very like, you know, a typical Italian mom, like you know, and I have an aunt like that, very very protective and like the child could do no wrong. But I think in the end, there were a lot of signs there about him as far as he was a very distressed young man, you know.
Speaker 1: And so what do you think, as a professional, yes, should have been done.
Speaker 6: I that's hard to say, but I was I was hoping that maybe his parents brought him in for apparently I mean, even if they brought him in for counseling, which I don't believe happened, although we don't know that may have you know, steered him in a different direction. I don't think he ever really got whatever it was. I don't think he ever really got obviously the help that he needed. And I just from a point of view, I think he was he the diagnoses. I'm not qualified on that level to say what he would be diagnosed as, but he definitely has a mental illness that went unfortunately untreated.
Speaker 1: Don't you think that anyone who would commit a crime like that, yeah, has mental illness. I talked earlier about the twenty year old guy, uh in Pennsylvania, in Pennsylvania who climbed up on the roof with a weapon and a gun and came within two or three inches of killing van candidate Trump now uh president right, And the idea is that how come no one saw that?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: And by the way, I'm very disappointed that our government, including the Trump administration, has not given us a real readout of what this guy's problems were. I don't think this was a normal kid who woke up on some Saturday morning and said, you know, I got I'm thinking I'm going to kill Trump today, you know. And I don't know if they were foreign influences. We'd heard some stuff that he had been on his computer and all of that. I just think I just think of the guy down who was hanging out by the golf course. That was a weird looking dude to me, with a weird background in terms of where he had traveled, Well, how did he travel that much? I mean, he didn't seem to have anything. So that gets into law enforcement issues. But you're talking about identify a problem.
Speaker 6: Yes, mental health. Yeah, at first, sad and I think, when I look at this kid's not a kid anymore. But when I look and I've seen, I see so much in that in that face and those.
Speaker 1: Eyes I hate. I'm so glad you said that because I look at the kid and it's like, oh yeah, oh yeah, it's all there. But yeah, but if I said that to someone other than you, they say to me, why would you say that? Because he doesn't have the same demeanor that you have, that he doesn't look like you, that sort of thing. So so we've all been told this. If you see something, say something. But if you see something and you say something and it's the wrong thing that you've said about someone that you'd say it about, then you might be called a bad a bad person yourself.
Speaker 6: Do you know, Oh yes, oh my god, I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, have you called my show before time? Well, we got to get you a rout of applause from our digital studio audience. Here you much.
Speaker 6: I love your show. I listened quiet, you know, in the background, but I love everything that you do. You're awesome.
Speaker 1: Do me a favorite, Emma. Okay, I need more people like you who I mean that seriously, who are thoughtful, who come from different backgrounds. I have a lot of people who call my show and him on a basis. I love them, okay, because they're my most loyal listeners, but I also want people like you. You're very thoughtful. You've made me think, You've made me to say a couple of things that maybe I wouldn't have said. And that's what this show is all about. There are people out there listening who listen and they are alone, and I want them to understand they're not alone. They're part of the night Side family. And I might never have I've met a lot of my listeners, by the way, and you probably haven't been a listener for long, but I remember I had a guy, and I just want you to. I want you to. I want to give you some insight into who I am. So bear with me. For a second. I had a guy who called me, it's going to be twelve years fourteen, fifteen years ago when I first started doing the show Jim and the Swamp. He told me that he lived full time three sixty five twenty four to seven in a swamp. And I believed them, but I wanted to verify, so I said, I'll meet you and I'll take you to breakfast, and he went along with it. I went and I met him. He lived in his swamp in Raindom, Massachusetts. Okay, former druggy, former drug mule, former alcoholic who at the age of forty, got his life together, but he couldn't function in society. He had hot water he carried in uh, you know, propaying gas tanks. Brilliant guy. Brilliant guy. He was dead by fifty. He died of cancer, but I met him a couple of times. I went to his wake. He was one of my best callers consistently, A brilliant guy. Just couldn't function. But he couldn't function in society. So I have some interesting callers. Emma, you now are amongst that group. Please continue to participate in this program.
Speaker 4: Thank you, I admire you.
Speaker 6: I will again.
Speaker 4: Thanks than you do.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll talk again. Okay, Hopefully someday we get a chance to meet. All Right, you're very welcome. Great call Emma. I happen to love the name Emma. We'll take a break. We'll be right back on Nightside. I know we've gone along with these callers tonight, but it's been really worth it. This has been the best hour of the night as far as I'm concerned. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 2: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Were three callers in the line. I'm gonna get them all in. We're gonna start with Joe and Lynn. Joe, you were next on Nightside. Welcome back, Dan.
Speaker 4: This is an interesting conversation. I have mixed feelings. I don't like what uh Brian did, but I see because some of us, like me and others. I'm gonna go for lunch tomorrow with my friend from Brighton we talk about these We are partially uh like Homeo genius and people. The trigger. I think the trigger is people just aren't getting the help they need and that man should have been examined, just like Mangione. Now I know you don't agree with me. But I'm I don't feel bad that he killed it. I mean, it was wrong, but people are fed up. I've talked to doctors and nurses, some of them understanding, some of them have mixed feelings the way I do now. Kennedy Hinckley, I'm glad he is better. I hope he's better because they treated him right, maybe because he had money.
Speaker 1: But who did you talk about that? I'm sorry, who was that you were referring to?
Speaker 4: Hinkley Hinkley, Oh, John Hinckley, Hickley.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, Hickley was was a problem. And look, he's now walking amongst us. He now, well, maybe he attempted to kill the president of the United States and he's walking amongst us.
Speaker 4: Come on, well, but I know, but that's fifty years later. Everybody needs a chance. I think even Pats.
Speaker 1: It's about forty years later.
Speaker 4: But all right, forty years But he admitted he was wrong, and he was he seemed very sympathetic and he a b You have to give these people a chance.
Speaker 1: In my views, Well, not when you're talking about people who are going to take out the president of the United States or not. He's going to kill four innocent people.
Speaker 4: Well that's wrong. I agree, but something there's a trigger Dan, something like that.
Speaker 1: But guess what, Guess what in this world, certain people, you've dealt with a lot of issues in your life. I know you have to go very bad.
Speaker 4: You've never met me, but you will from a very bad issue.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I'm telling you that. But you never gone out and hurt anyone.
Speaker 4: No, but boy, sometimes I feel like it. Believe me, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Joe, seriously, good, good points.
Speaker 4: I appreciate one other. Quickly, you be quick?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Can I be real quick? Iceland? Can I be real quick Iceland?
Speaker 1: Iceland?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I may like to live in Iceland because it's a safer country from what I posted.
Speaker 1: Keep me posted.
Speaker 4: Okay, you be a good country.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: I have a friend that I know somebody went there. Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know someone who went there to Reiki e Vic Jeff and Abington. Jeff, you got to be quick for me, man, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Well you say you don't see your calls, but you hung up on me last week's.
Speaker 1: What did you say that caused me to hang up on you?
Speaker 5: I said all democrats are evil?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well I think that's a really stupid statement. Hopefully you have something more intelligent to say tonight. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, well, you're showing your ignorance the way you talk about mental illness, because in this state, if you're a treated for mental illness, once you get leave of the hospital, you're not forced to take your medication. And that comes from the left wing wackos who say a person has a right to do what they want. Most of these school shootings are all mental illness.
Speaker 1: They're all mental illness, no question about that. Okay, no question about that. Jeff, do me a favor. I did hang up on you last week because you generalized and you said, I have a lot of friends who are Democrats, were not evil, Okay, So therefore I'm not going to allow you to insult my friends who I know are not evil. But if you were.
Speaker 5: When you when you had a guy on about saying how I talked to a Trump was in New England and you said you the guy and who was with you? When you had no steak in the game. You have a steak in the game because you who did you vote for for president?
Speaker 1: Not none of your business.
Speaker 5: That's right. You don't have the gutstay answer the.
Speaker 1: Question because who did you vote for for President Trump?
Speaker 5: Good for you, Okay, but you don't have just like Charlie Baker, you don't have the.
Speaker 1: They have a great night. I'm going to hang up on you. Guys, got the plank please, Rob, just go for a swimmer real quickly. Tim, I got about twenty seconds. You're the last caller of the night. As you offer, are go ahead?
Speaker 2: Tim, Hi, Dan Rad, thanks taking my call. Was this I just got in? Was this topic about the guy who killed four students?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, yes that was.
Speaker 2: Field He yes, they should.
Speaker 1: Did we lose them there? I think we Okay, we lost them? Sorry, okay, thirty five left done for the night. Interesting show didn't get to what I want to get to. We'll get to that tomorrow night. I promise. I'm gonna be doing night Side right now w b Z Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook. We'll we'll do a postgame analysis. I want to thank Rob Brooks back in the control room. Want to thank Shane, great job. Guys, want to thank Marita. I'll see you tomorrow night. I'm here tomorrow night. I'm on Friday, Thursday and Friday. I'll end as always All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They love you when you love them. I do believe we'll see them again. Hope see you get themorrow night on nights. I have a great Wednesday. Everyone, stay cool, keep calm, and we'll see you on Facebook in a couple of minutes