Speaker 2: Joy isn't something you stumble upon. It's something we make. Something we pass on. Come rain or shine. Day or night. With the people we break bread with. And cure sore heads with. And brave Monday dread with. It's the moments and memories that matter most. That glow soft and golden. While we keep spreading our toast. Dairy Gold. Joy that spreads.
Speaker 4: Hey, look what mum got at the supermarket.
Speaker 3: I can't cook that. It's fish.
Speaker 4: It's easy, dad. Hake is handy in the pan. Try it with perfect in a tray bake. Even mussels are ready in minutes
Speaker 6: But timing, the temperature, it's frightening. It's
Speaker 4: fish. Give it a go. It's healthy and tasty too.
Speaker 7: Don't be scared of seafood. Pick up some today for a dinner that's
Speaker 8: surprisingly easy to cook
Speaker 7: Find meal inspiration at boardbia. ie
Speaker 9: Merci d'avoir écouté mon monologue du matin. Brouillé par Golden Crest Metals. Découvrez comment l'or et l'or peuvent protéger. Vous avez travaillé si dur à construire. Visitez goldencrestmetals. com slash drlaura. Rappelez-vous, vous pouvez entendre mon programme de radio quotidien sur SiriusXM Triumph et connectez-vous avec moi 24-7 à drlaura. com. D'accord. Un grand article dans... place I respect, goodmenproject. com, goodmenproject. com. One of the reasons I like it so much is the articles are written by men, and they're about relationships and feelings and all kinds of nice things. And they're usually quite honest and blunt. Oh, what does that sound like? This one is entitled, it's written by Mark Fetter, Habits that prevent relationship
Speaker 10: blow-ups.
Speaker 9: Blow-ups. Just to remind you, big blow-ups never come out of nowhere. Just like when somebody says, and you had no warning, you think, oh, we're done. They've been thinking about this for a long time. Just got dumped on you now. Whoa. But it's really odd when people are willing to say that they had no notion that the other person was not happy. How can you not? Roll of the eyes. Yeah, okay. They come from small stuff that pile up. Weeks, months, until one dumb comment by somebody Sets it off. So he suggests you think of a relationship like a bank account. You can tell this is written by a guy. Every kind word, every laugh, every time you actually listen, you're depositing something in the relationship. Every eye roll, every I'm busy, every time she reaches out and you're half looking at your phone is a withdrawal. Des dégâts se produisent quand l'account est en train de s'arrêter. Et quelque chose de petit, enfin, le dégâts. Vous ne le réparez pas en ne jamais vous débrouillant. Vous le réparez en étant conscient de faire beaucoup plus de dépôts pour que l'account puisse absorber des petits dégâts normaux. Makes sense, doesn't it? So he came up with his notion is that there are four things you need to do to avoid blow-ups. I'll tell you what those four things are. Number one, say something specific that you appreciate. Say it out loud. Say it on most days. And be specific, specific, specific. A generic praise lands like a shrug. A specific appreciation proves you're actually paying attention. I was really touched and moved when you brought the turtle off the road and saved it. And I knew you were busy and things were happening and that you stopped. What a compassionate... It's very specific. I mean, it's weird what I'm saying. Yeah, you understand that. But it's very specific. You heard me complaining about going to bed and it's cold. And you took my nightgown or my jammies and threw them in the dryer for five minutes, warmed them up and handed them to me. That's specific. It means you were thinking about that person. You were thinking about her or him. Have some small rituals that unless there's an earthquake, you're going to do them. morning coffee together before the day starts, even if it's five minutes. A real full-body kiss. Goodbye. See you later. Love you. Bye. Ten minutes with all the phones down where you just hold each other. Just little rituals that you constantly do. And a ritual means, yes, like lilies. Squeez-moi sur la chaise. Merci, Lily. J'aime
Speaker 2: vraiment que tu me squeeze sur la chaise. La joie n'est pas quelque chose que tu tombes sur. C'est quelque chose que nous faisons. Quelque chose que nous passons. Qu'il pleuve ou brûle, jour ou nuit. Avec les gens avec qui nous brûlons le pain. Et avec qui nous brûlons nos cheveux. Et Brave Monday Dreadwith. C'est les moments et les souvenirs qui m'intéressent le plus. Qui brillent, doux et dorés. Pendant que nous continuons de diffuser notre toaster. Dairy Gold. La joie qui se diffusera. Hey,
Speaker 4: regarde ce que maman a pris au supermarché. Je ne
Speaker 3: peux pas cuisiner ça. C'est des poissons
Speaker 4: C'est facile, papa. Le haïka est à l'aise dans le pan. Le trout est parfait dans un trébake. Même les muscles sont prêts en une minute
Speaker 6: Mais, mais, le temps. La température, c'est effrayant. C'est des poissons.
Speaker 4: Chut. Don't be scared of seafood
Speaker 7: Pick up some today for a dinner that's
Speaker 8: surprisingly easy to cook
Speaker 7: Find meal inspiration at boardbia. ie
Speaker 11: The Premier League is back. These are days to be cherished. So get ready for another season of Unmissable Moments. Ce sont les rituaux qui disent...
Speaker 9: your husband or your wife, that you're choosing this every day, every week, on purpose. Number three, raise the small annoyances while they're still small. Guys in particular tend to sit on stuff to keep the peace. You know, they don't want her getting unloaded on him. So, they wait until it detonates with an edge, a tone. They really didn't mean. Like this. Quote, I noticed the plans got made without me and I started feeling like an afterthought. Can we loop each other in first next time? I have a new microphone and I just want to make sure. Is it too close? Put it where it's supposed to be. Thank you. Okay, now I know what I'm doing. Thank you. By the way, I'm wearing a fancy headphone that has the microphone that just comes out on a little stalk and goes underneath that they use to do color in sports producing. Yeah, okay. So, make it specific also and don't bottle it up. Et ils recommandent vraiment que, une fois par semaine, vous vous asseyez et vous parlez. Alors, comment va-t-il pour vous, pour moi, pour nous cette semaine? Allons juste passer la semaine. La semaine est faite. Est-ce qu'il y a quelque chose que je peux faire pour que vous vous sentez plus relaxé? Vous avez tout ce stress élevé. Est-ce qu'il y a quelque chose que je peux faire pour que vous vous sentez plus aimé? Est-ce qu'il y a quelque chose que je peux faire pour que vous vous sentez comme si je payais plus d'attention? Oui. When you come home, don't turn the phone on. Turn it off. Yeah. These things. Sit with me and go, what could we watch together as a movie that we both could like? I mean, there are movies two people could like. So it's a weekly check-in. And it really needs to be done. And don't tell me you don't have time. You have time. We're talking less than an hour a week total of time. Plus un peu de sentences par jour, vous passez plus de temps que ça en décidant ce que vous regardez. Allez-y. Bien sûr que ça se sent bizarre. Vous allez entendre des choses qui peuvent vous rendre inconfortable. Et donc vous laissez que ça tourne. Donc, semaine après semaine, mois après mois, et puis vous m'appellez et dites,« Nous avons
Speaker 10: juste grandi en part.» Grosir en part est intentionnel. J'ai juste expliqué comment.
Speaker 9: My number, 1-800-375-2872. If you like this podcast, be sure to rate it on Apple Podcasts or your favorite place to listen to my podcast. Of course, I'd love if you gave me five stars. And be sure to share this podcast with a friend on Facebook or your preferred social media platforms.
Speaker 12: Sous-titrage Société Radio-Canada Joy isn't something you stumble
Speaker 2: upon. It's something we make. Something we pass on. Come rain or shine. Day or night. With the people we break bread with. And cure sore heads with. And brave Monday dread with. It's the moments and memories that matter most. That glow soft and golden. While we keep spreading our toast. Dairy Gold. Joy. Joy. Don't be
Speaker 4: scared of seafood Pick up some today for a dinner that's surprisingly easy to cook. Find meal inspiration at
Speaker 6: boardbia. ie