Speaker 1: And that's why I never read the comment. I just want to like, I'm not even gonna look amazing tonight. I love what you're wearing.
Speaker 2: Have a Holly Samwich.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're all I have an angry closs. That is life. But that's hard, like unless it's like an NBA team or something like whoa, Hello, everybody, Welcome back to Holly Randall Unfiltered. Before we start, I have a favor to ask. If you're listening to this on a podcast platform, please leave a five star review, not four, not three five and leave a review. It would really help the show. And also, if you're on YouTube, please make sure that you like and subscribe. And if you are following me on Instagram at Holly Randall, make sure that you reshare my content and don't forget that. At Patreon dot com slash Holly Randall Unfiltered, you can watch all of these episodes streamed live and get bonus content for access to all of my platforms in one place. Got a holilinks dot com. Now, of course I have to thank my exclusive sponsors at Stripchat, the world's largest adult live streaming platform. If you're a creator looking for new income, stream or just want to maximize what you're already doing. Live camming is one of the most direct ways to connect with fans and get paid in real time, and stripchat is the best platform to do it on. You can find them online and you can follow strip Chat on Instagram and on YouTube at scworld dot official. Okay, let's get to my beautiful guest. She started as a dancer, became a glamour model, shot for Playboy, and somewhere along the way a cop paid her to choke her out in a champagne room. But we'll get to that. Three years in, August Sky has an expos Award, a Popcorn Award for an indie web series, and a brand built around intimacy and high glamour content. But she's a lot more interested in talking about where the industry is going than where she's been. Let's welcome the one and only August Guy.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hi, having made of course, it's so nice to have you so August and I actually first met when I shot her for Twisties in a girl girl.
Speaker 1: Scene with neither of us can remember their name.
Speaker 2: I cannot, and that was like what that was like the first year.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, yeah, you were brand new, and I think I was about I was on my way out. I think that was like one of the last few months that I was directing and then I stopped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, that has been a good time though. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's talk about your beginnings. You grew up in Colorado and came from a creative background art, fashion, performance, So how did you end up in adult entertainment?
Speaker 2: For me, it was like always like a curiosity that I've had, So I've always been in tune with like my sexuality. I know that kind of sounds weird. I've always been like explorative with it. So it kind of started off as like, you know, modeling, So I did like like I did like fashion modeling when I was like a lot more like you know, petite, and then like you know, you start to get a little older, you know, huberty hits, you turn like twenty two, twenty three, you can't really change that, and then I just then I got a casting call for Playboy, and then it just kind of went from there, and then I think things just kind of escalated. And then it was like right after COVID, I had this hinkering and I was like, oh, like I'm just want to I want to try this thing, probably like two years after COVID and I was like, I've always wanted to try doing adult films because it's always like I used to watch it when I was like younger, you know, like we all did, you know, I Little curiosity and porn and I was like, well, these girls look like they're enjoying themselves. They're like they're having a good time. And I was like, I'll try it at once. And I tell myself, if I try it and I don't like it, I'll never do it again. Pasha, you know, pretend like it never happened. But then I tried it and I loved it, and I stuck around. So now three years later, here we are.
Speaker 1: So what was the first scene that you did or the first experience that you had that that was such a positive experience.
Speaker 2: So my first scene was with net video girls. I don't know if they're still I've.
Speaker 1: Heard of them. They do a lot like new New, Like yeah, I think they're still around.
Speaker 2: And they still Okay, my first scene did go viral on porn hub, so that was like nice. But I think when I was on there, like it was like that heart like the heart palpitations. The adrenaline was like running, and I was like chatting with the makeup artist and she was like, Oh, you're gonna do well. You're gonna do fine, and then my scene partner. Everything just like went really well, and I just like, I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the process of it. I don't know, I enjoyed the cameras. I enjoyed the whole. It was just like a good situation. I don't know how to like how to explain. I was like, oh, this feels right.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. Maybe you went into it like nervous, but then like while you were doing it, it kind of felt more natural. Whereas you know, some people's first scene, even though they may have like quote unquote a good experience, they may you know, come out of it being like I I am not sure if this is my thing, And it sounds like you came out of it feeling like it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a guilty pleasure. Like I think it was like nervous, but it was more like adrenaline. I was like, I'm about to do this, I'm about to do this, and it was more of like that like back like the voice in the back of my head of like your family, your parents, wop are going to see this, like what happens, what happens? What happens? Like you're selfish for like doing this, but it's like you want to do this. I think it was more of like my subconscious of like the aftermath more so than me actually doing the thing. The stigma, yeah, the stigma behind it, right. But then I was like, well, I think the feeling was is like I feel guilty for actually enjoying myself, like having a positive experience. And I know, like not a there's people out there who haven't had like a positive experience, but like for me, I was like, this is something I want to do and I like it and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: So how was the aftermath? Like did you get a lot of blowback from family? Friends?
Speaker 2: So? Oddly enough? So I thought I was like, I was like one of those things was like you always think that you can keep it a secret.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how he does. I heard that, Yeah, we all.
Speaker 2: Think like, oh my goodness, they'll never know my siblings. They were like okay, whatever, fine that we we don't care, you know. So I think, like my parents. They my dad I think was the first person to find out, But like, I think it was more so like it's never like the first thing that they want to know that their child is doing. So it's not that they're like so like super supportive. It's not like they're like, yay, go do this thing. I think it was a lot of emotions for them to go through, but they came out to see me. I'd moved to La they came out to see me, and I think like they wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing it as like a last resort and like I was doing it as like a form of something that I wanted to do. And then I think what I saw like my life style, how is living? That I was happy, and that there's so much more around it than the actual scene itself or the actual act itself, that they were like, Okay, we see, we understand you as our child, and you're not just doing this because you know, like you're down bad, right, like the stigma that I think that everyone still has around it. They're like, oh, you're doing this out of pure enjoyment. You're doing well, You're turning this into a business, so we accept it. Like do we talk about it, Like no, not really, you know what I mean, Like it's not like, oh, you know, like how was work today? They just like no, you know, I'm working or I'm traveling or I'm doing things. But I think that they've accepted me as a person and the things that I enjoy and like, and they've accepted my lifestyle. Like do they completely understand it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Are they trying? Yes, you know, but it's it's always a constant like learning learning curve for them. So I'm appreciative of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that's great because obviously not every child, Like you know, I've talked to people who've been disowned by their family. Yeah, and it's it's pretty sad. But there's a lot of people whose parents like they come around to it, you know, and they end up being like really proud of their kids. And I think I think the first thought is always like is she safe? Yeah, like is she doing this because she wants to? Or is she being pressured into it? That's I think every parent's first concern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was their first concern. And like was it like immediately like were they just like yes, we like no, it was it was like a process, Like we didn't talk for like a while, and it wasn't, you know, like they had a They really had a process. It It wasn't like, oh they found out and then like a day later. It probably took them about a year for them to really come back around, right, But like I said, my siblings, they were like, okay, girl, whatever, you know, we don't care. We figured at some point in life you'd be doing something. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So you've shot covers for Playboy and Pure Taboo and you had a full spread and Hustler. These are very different publications with very different audiences. What was it like? Like, how was each experience.
Speaker 2: In the beginning, I thought like Playboy was like the do all end All, which it still was like it was. It was a very enjoyable experience. But Pure Taboo was one of the more recent ones that I shot, and I liked it because it was so it was kinky, and I think I've like changed over time, so I think that it was more representative of who I am now, you know. I think Playboy is like more of like that like girl next Door, you know, kind of like sweet she's doing the thing. But I think Pure Taboo is kind of like, Okay, she's She's who I thought I was gonna become.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what like new like kinster sexual opportunities of like opened up in your life. I used to shoot for pure taboo, so too. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like a lot of things. So it was things that I didn't know that I would enjoy. So there was like golden shower play that I did in that scene that I was like, oh, like I like that a lot of like being dominated are things? Right, Like the idea of like being dominated I do because I think, like, given being in this industry, like uh, the women are more dominant, right, So I like to be more submissive in my personal life. It was just nice to play that role for like a little bit. You know, I think you and I are kind of similar in this way. So I'm like, I wasn't obedious and relationship a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I'm way more vanilla now. But I always liked being submissive, right. And but on the flip side, like in real life, I'm like a boss, I have like people working under me. I like do a lot of stuff. I'm like often in charge. You strike me as somebody who's probably the same. Yeah, And I think it's just like when it comes to sex, you just like for once in your life, you don't want to be the one giving the orders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to land tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just want to let go. Like there's something really sexy and freeing about like flipping the script and that that power dynamic completely shifting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you hear this all the time about like you know, talk to dominatrices who you know, have like high powered financial Wall Street guys coming in, and I think that's pretty common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think even too, like you know, I still I mean i'd full disclosed like I do have clients too, and like I think it's like the same thing too, Like they want to be either they want to be dominated to where like they don't want to think about anything like not I'm not like any sort of domain natrix by that standard of some of these women. But they want you to just they just want to have you do everything right. They want you to initiate it, they want you to do the whole thing, which I get that. Or they want you to be very soft with not maternal with them, but more like I don't know, I don't know the word, but they want you to like pet them and like coddle them and like, yeah, tell them it's gonna be Oh, you're so wonderful and so perfect and everything's gonna be okay. You like it's okay, set like you know. Yeah, So maybe like they want to be submissive in that way, right, Yeah, I'm learning that there's different versions of submission.
Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Scharidaville is a really good friend of mine, and she is like very specific fans who want very specific things, and one of them is like tucking them into bed at night. There's like a whole like group of guys that want her to tuck them into bed at night.
Speaker 2: See, that's a very specific thing. I've never I've never had that, but hey, I get it. I want Seridavill to tuck me in. I know that's fair. I see the appeal.
Speaker 1: It's just so interesting working in this industry because I think you really get to explore other people's like kings and desires and you learn things about people that you would never normally have done.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, well it makes sense. Right. So I think a big thing that I do is like the girlfriend experience and a lot of guys like they it's a very similar thing. I guess, like they want you to they want like the cudd of the experience. They want to chat with you, they want to like they they don't really want anything like explicitly sexual, like they wanted to be a very like girlfriend. Ye, let's hang out. I want to know what your favorite movie is. How is your day like experience?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What about do you do customs and if you have what's like the most interesting request you've gotten?
Speaker 2: Oh, of course I do customs. Man. They're all so like they're all over the spectrum right like, but for the most those parts, it's probably one of the craziest ones that I've gotten in recent times. I think what it is I'm so desensitized to them like sounding crazy, so like I'm like, this isn't crazy, this is just like normal. The biggest thing is just like the girlfriend thing. I think the biggest thing is like, oh, like tell me, will you just like come over and tell me like how much you like me? Or like you're leaving your boyfriend for me, or like how good of like a boyfriend that I am? And of course like I get, you know, I get some other crazy like can you put on a strap on a stroke your dick and tell me how much of a little shit I am? You know what I mean? Yeah, you get those two right? Or I mean, of course I get like the I get milk request, and I get everything in between. Like I don't really have just like one thing really, I mean the girlfriend thing is it's it's not as like aggressive as it could be. You know which I'm lucky? You know which I'm lucky?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it depends on the demographic that you, yeah, are track Yeah, yeah, I mean I've heard like I remember I think it was Candleblocks and she was like a fetish clips creator, like that was her specialty. And the most interesting thing I heard from her was a guy paid her to sit on a Duffel bag for twenty minutes. Just sit on a black Duffel bag for twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: I get guys to ask for things like that. They're like, can you just like sit in like these three different poses, but like you don't have to say anything or I don't know. Sometimes I'm like, where are you guys getting these? Because you know, you get sometimes you get like these I don't know where you guys are getting the time to write some of these requests because it is like a script.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, what, yeah, Like what are you guys like a feature film?
Speaker 2: Dude? Yeah, Like they've taken all of like their best and then written it. And I'm like, I'm involved in the story now, I'm like, where's part two to this? Do you know?
Speaker 1: So speaking of interesting experiences, let's talk about the cop in the champagne room.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, my favorite, my one of my favorite dancer stories. So I was a dancer in this upscale gentlemen's club in Denver and it was kind of like a slow night and me and my friends who were hanging out at the bar, and like this group of guys come in and anytime like guys come in and they're like, I bet you guys don't know what we do for work, and if you did, you probably wouldn't talk to us. And we're like, okay, you guys are obviously cops, right, like you know what I mean, just like the demeanor, it's not like okay whatever. So like long story short, they're like they're they're, you know, doing the thing, and we've we've we've convinced them to get into a into a champagne room. So I think it was like a group of like six guys, right, so three of them decided they get into a champagne room. So it's like three guys, three girls or four girls. It's me and my friend Rodeo that were on this one.
Speaker 1: Guy that's an awesome stripper name yeah, that is so good, and she is a Rodeo.
Speaker 2: That girl is a riot. But we got this guy and he was like, oh man, like the same thing he wanted to be dominated. He's, oh man, no one's been able to like dominate me like the way I wanted to. And she goes, all right, challenge approved, you know, challenge accepted, and we're we're hanging out this guy. Mind you, she's only about like this big and I'm I'm five eight for people who don't know, so I'm not gonna tell it. When you have stripper heels on, but I have might that's step that adds another seven inches. So we're we're we're we're hanging out with this guy. We're doing the thing. So she starts like open fisted slapping them and he goes like, that's not hard enough. That's not hard enough. So I started doing the thing. I played volleyball, so I'm like, okay, I can do the thing. He's like, no, that's not hard enough. You guys aren't doing you guys aren't doing what I want you to do. So rodeo. She takes off his belt and she wraps it around his neck. But she has experience in this, and she wraps it around his neck and she puts both of raffeta up against the wall and she slides back oho and this guy passes out full sin passes out. I was like, girl, his friends like you could hear a pin drop in this room. Like I was like, oh girl, we are going to prison. I was like, we're going to down. I was like, I was like, I know, I got a lawyer in my phone or somebody, right, Like I hope this outfit is cute enough to be in, like mug shoddy. I don't know what's happening here right now. But she does that, and then I was like, okay, Like all right, okay, go on and play along. I'm gonna keep playing the game, right, And then so we started she's laughing. I was like, girl, fucking roady. Oh my girl. So then we start smacking him. I was like, she's laughing to smack him. I'm like smacking him. I'm like smacking him Marcas. I'm like, bro, please wake up, please, like wake up, wake up. He like wakes up. I mean it felt like it was fucking forever, right, because you know when you have like that situation going on, you're like you think time is fucking forever. But it was only like what in a matter of like minutes. He wakes up. He looks at both of us in the face, he goes, I love you guys, and got it really fatip out of it, right, and then yeah, I was like okay, and he's like, he's like, will you guys like do it again? And I was like, I'll do it lightly, but I'm like I'm not doing that again. But I don't think you're ready for that.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was like, you just passed out, Yeah, and you don't want to come to work the next day with me around your neck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So we did. We played around with it again, like we're doing it like, he gave us a nice tip. He had a good time. I don't think his friends were ready for it either, right, Like it's like one of those things, like the thing with the guys who go into like the strip club with like a group of friends or something, or like a bachelor party. It's like if you don't know what your friends are into. I feel like it's like shocking, right, Like you gotta like warn your friends that, like you're into that kind of like hardcore play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you just can't be doing all that, dude. You know that they were all coughs, They're all guaranteed you. They might give him so much shit on the beat, like all the time, like they've got to make like and choking jokes like constantly, like guy will never live that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I don't think he wants to. I don't think he wants to write. And I feel like he's one of those people's like he's always got to be searching for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, bro, all right, cool, interesting, Yeah, I got it, love it. That's so good. But it's a fun time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, So let's talk about this Popcorn Award for an Independent Web Series. I've actually never heard of it, but that sounds really cool and I would like to also win it. I don't know what it is, but I would I would like to win it. So just putting that out there, whatever it is, nominate me. So what was this project and what did winning something for independent work specifically mean to you?
Speaker 2: So this was like before I had gotten into adult This was like a project that a director hit me up in twenty twenty, you know, obviously when I think people were just like doing nothing right but creating. Yeah. His name was Brian Nesbit, and it was a series called Born at Night and it was about this. It was actually about a sex worker, which was ironic enough, but she would is seeking revenge. It wasn't a spy, but it was more of like, uh, you know, seeking revenge because she was sex trafficked and you know, going through and beating guys down.
Speaker 1: Kind of like infiltrating.
Speaker 2: Infiltrating, yes, but yeah, exactly. It was about five or six episodes and age episode was no more than like ten minutes long. And I was actually surprised because, like you know, when you sometimes like you do things, you don't really keep up with it. I was like, oh, this is like a fun project to work on. During COVID, right, I was like, I'm not really doing much of anything. But then he was like, hey, like, I'm going out to this award show. We've been nominated you've won, which is basically like a Webby Award. Ye you know, it's like this. It was, it's a similar thing, but it was. It was cool because I was like, oh, like, you actually have h talent, right like you people were actually responsive to you, right, And I think for me, like that's that. It was cool because I like, I'm a creative at heart. So I was like, oh, like that that was nice to be a to have a nomination and win the award.
Speaker 1: Right, and you were an actress in this, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was the main actress in it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So along those like lines, do you prefer to shoot Gonzo scenes or features?
Speaker 2: Features? I do like to do features. I do like to shoot Gonzo, but just I like the features. I think the creative behind it and having to act and come up with the scenario for me is a little bit easier than just like the getting straight to it, like the kind of.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, like you want like a storyline behind it, like a reason yeah why you're there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not just like it's fun to go to Poundtown. Don't get me wrong, but like, I think it's also like fun so like because I imagine like watching your favorite movie and then you actually get to like see this scene, and I think that's what I like. Yeaheah.
Speaker 1: So a feature movie is generally an adult movie that has like acting in it, that has a storyline that has you know, it's not just sex. A gonzo scene is generally a scene that is just sex, so like goes pretty much straight to sex. There's usually no act. Sometimes it'll be like a solo. Well a lot of times it'll be like a solo of the girl like showing her off and she'll be stripping and doing something sexy. But that's the difference between the two types of scenes. So, do you have any features that you've done since you've been in the adult industry that you really like, are proud of.
Speaker 2: So I did a featurette last year that was up for quite a few awards where it was for Adult Time and was I got to do the prosthetics of like being like a black widow spider, which was super cool.
Speaker 1: How long were you in makeup and hair for that?
Speaker 2: Oh man, that was a long Those were long days. Yeah, that was first one in literally the last one out. Yeah, but it was the concept was like this woman whose like wife, her husband wasn't like giving her any attention. She gets bit by a spider. She turned into like a black widow. She like gets these guys into her web, and then it's like a it's a whole situation at hand. I've done a I can't think about the name of the project right now, but I've done some features for Seth Gamble and Ricky Greenwood. So yeah, I've done quite but I can't think of their names right off the bat, you know, but they've all been fun.
Speaker 1: They and they both shot so many scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like you're like trying to think about it. You're like, oh my goodness, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So deeplatforming is something that you feel very strongly about and it's a huge problem for our industry. How has it affected you personally and how do you manage protecting yourself against it if at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, like, as we know right now, I think that we are in the like the mass deplatforming of creators. I think there's so many people who are trying to advocate it for it, and I think Instagram even like released a statement today saying that they are tackling actual sex workers and they are deleting their accounts on purpose. For me personally, just like everybody, I'm on my eighth Instagram accountant and that's even before being like an adult performer. But you know, we spend money to get our accounts back. We spend money to keep our accounts afloat. You try to do everything that you possibly can, but you know, it is a full send attack on performers or sex workers or whatever the case may be, because it does suck, right, because it's your brand, and that's how we make most of our money.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Unfortunately, like that's really the only way that we can promote ourselves. Yeah, that's where the traffic is. So it's not like we have somewhere else to go, and it's just like the same old trying to push. But yeah, people in the industry underground, and you know, everyone does their best to follow the rules and they're so opaque about things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they well they're always constantly changing the rules. And now they have AI and different systems like that that are running through the system. But it's not like back in the day, right where it's like you know, you can just do like box covers and all these things and stay relevant. Now you have like social media, but people don't tell you about adult work as social media is like eighty percent of your job now. But as far as like protecting myself, So I've worked with my with my team, and they've came up with like a very rare technology now where it is an auto poster where they it puts your content into the autoposter now and it tells you if it's safe to put on your platform or not. And it also runs it because Instagram is always changing their rules and that's the opeckness of it, because if you don't know, it's always changing, right, and that gives them reason to deplatform you. But because of the autoposter and because of their AI system, they'll tell you and it also warn you if your account is about to be banned and the reason as to why it's about to be banned. I've been working with them, collaborating with them and using them because I have my account taking down maybe like two weeks ago, and like all these people texted me. They're like I was in Chicago and they're like, hey, you know your account got taken down. I was like, yes, and I happen to be with my manager at the time, Steven, who is the person who created this poster or this auto poster. I got my account back in twelve minutes because it was one of those things to where everything was come client, so my page was compliant, so they had no reason for me to take it down. So it's like Instagram couldn't fight it. They couldn't just have my platform taken from me because they don't tell you things like, oh, well, hey, you you reason why your platform got taken down is because you have AVN tagged in like your bio right, Avn's page might not be compliant. You don't know that, so now your page gets taken down. So they make it so snakeish. But now having this technology for us made for us, it's like a nice safety net so we don't have to always lose it and always have to pay thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to get these accounts back, because it gets ridiculous and it gets harder and harder the bigger your numbers get. Right, I've had friends with like one point five million followers and they get their account ban and the guys like, oh, I need twenty bands to get this back, and it's like, is it really I'm not just going to come off a twenty thousand, But I think it's nice to have a to be ahead of the game, right because they're already getting pushed out between verification and already being an adult performer. They don't really want us on their platform. So I think it's better to be protected before instead of you know.
Speaker 1: Just existing is like against the terms of service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, existing is against the terms of service, but like if they have if you have the right tools to protect yourself, then I think it goes a long way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been looking into something similar as well, like for my marketing agency. But yeah, it's just the frustrating thing is it's like I don't understand why, like just tell just tell us, like give us these new rules, give us something like that, some sort of filtering system, because like people don't want to violate the rules. I mean, look, some people will push some lemen, yeah whatever, okay, fine, But like for those of us who really are trying to stay in within compliant, within the community guidelines, we're just trying to make a living for a job. Which, by the way, I don't know why I have to like constantly remind people, but it's legal. It's legal, we're not running guns, yeah or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know. It's just like it's just crazy. Yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 1: You know, just make it so that we know what's going on so we can yeah the rules.
Speaker 2: I think their thing is is like they like, oh, like we do make it, but you just don't read the terms in service, Like, well who reads the terms in service?
Speaker 1: But it's also so vague and a lot of it is you know, based on like.
Speaker 2: Legal jargon or terminology that a lot of people don't or just like opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. It's like the whole like obscenity cases, right, like what is obscene to you? You know, definition of obscenity is vague. It's like it violates local community standards. I think is like one of the rules. Well what the fuck? What what is like? And that's just so that's just like regional, right is that? Like what are the community standards? Like doesn't appeal to like apparent interest and you know, isn't like educational artistic well, like what's educational? What's artists different? Like this podcast? Is it educational because they educate people in the adult industry like what goes on behind Like, but you know, there's been plenty of times that I've been knocked. You know, you could say this whole thing is educational.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is how you ask Yeah yeah, for me, I think it's always like one of those things too. It's like, well, if you don't want to if you don't want to see, your algorithm is based upon what you look at, right, So if you ended up on that side of the algorithm, then it isn't that kind of like based upon what you Oh yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like how did I get here? I'm like, I don't know how you got here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how you got here? Right? Or it's just like the same thing. But you know, it's like putting a childlock on, right, Like my parents put the childlock on the television. Yeah, so you know, like, but you know whatever.
Speaker 1: So the infrastructure that adult creators depend on, payment processors, banks, social media platforms, as we were just saying, is constantly working against us. So how do you build a sustainable career when the ground keeps shifting? Like how do you stay one step ahead?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I just have to thank my team for that. I can't even fully stay on Like I can't say that it's me. I just have to thank my team for that because they're constantly doing like the research and telling me what I need to stay on top of and giving me the guidelines. Because we all have a thousand things to do, right, I can't like be on set, create content, create social media, do the shoot, show up, do all this stuff right. So that's for me personally. That's what it is is having like a strong team and being lucky enough to have that. Yeah, And if you don't have that, then just really try and do your research as much as possible and try to listen to some of the girls who are like yelling about it, right. You know, there's a lot of performers who are trying to advocate for it, who try to be a couple of steps ahead. So if you are by yourself and you don't have a team, then try and like look out for that, right the girls who the girls and guys who are trying to make it easier for you to digest. But yeah, like I said, I just I'm lucky to have a good team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's telegram groups that you can join. There's Reddit threads. Yeah, there's a couple of different places that you can try to But I just feel like everyone's always guessed thing. We're all discussing.
Speaker 2: It's a guessing game, and it's always changing. It's always changing.
Speaker 1: So where do you think the industry is actually headed in the next five years. Do you think it's getting better or do you think the walls are closing in?
Speaker 2: That's like a good question. So I feel like I got in in like late twenty two.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was like content Creator that was like the only fans era. Everyone says like the death of the porn star like doesn't exist. I don't know. I think that if we For me personally, I don't think you can really kill a porn star, to be honest with you, or the porn industry, I think that. I don't know. I think it's it's gonna come full circle, right Like, I think everything's just gonna come back full sain They're gonna try and make it difficult. I would love the day for like porn stars to like really come back and like you know, you're doing the box covers and the DVDs, like the whole thing. I wanted to be when I got into the industry. I wish I could say, but I don't know. I thought I could say, but I don't know. I mean, you've been in it for longer, and you've you've seen this probably happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like if I could predict it, I'd probably be a lot richer than I am. But yeah, I mean, you know, I thought that we were moving forward and we were, you know, starting to become more sexually acceptable, and I feel like we've taken quite a few steps backwards in the lost honest Trump and President You're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been it's been like a rough time, right, But then I know there's other countries that are starting to put heavy bands and yeah, you know. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: How has this work changed your personal relationship with your own sexuality.
Speaker 2: My private sex life is definitely different than like my work sex life. I think work sex life is always fun, but it's also work, so it's not as like fluid as my private sex life. But it's just added like a layer of like openness and like a layer of like, oh I want to try that. I want to try that, and if I don't like it, then I don't have to do it again, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've had a lot of performers say that they feel like porn is a good place to safely explore kinks fantasies that they might feel nervous about trying to do on their own because it's like in a controlled environment and they feel like they could explore these things in a safe way, surrounded by people who are looking out for their safety. I mean, you know, like try to organize your own gang bang.
Speaker 2: Good luck? Oh yeah, try to order your own gang bang, your own orgy, right, like, because it's like if you're a girl and try and organize an orgy, it's like you can get every man to show up. Yeah, if you want a nice, balanced out orgy, good luck, good luck.
Speaker 1: And also like every guy that shows up, like are they safe? Are they tested? Like all that kind of stuff. Yeah, that's always like number one too. It's like I yeah, and it's like is it worth it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what does the public consistently get wrong about the sex lives of people who work an adult.
Speaker 2: Is that a that we are easy and promiscuous and that we The one thing that I get a lot that people complain about is that like, we choose our scene partners. I don't choose my scene partners. That's like one complaint that I get at least like every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh they don't like who you worked with. Yeah, and they don't like it any time.
Speaker 2: This is like a movie, right, I don't get you can't just walk in and say I want to play this role. I make fantasies, not reality.
Speaker 1: But you have a no list And can you explain what a know list is to people who may not understand?
Speaker 2: No list is like for people like you don't particularly want to work with right, and it's not. It could be for a multitude of reasons. It could be that, like you worked with them once and it just didn't go well. Maybe you've heard complaints about other girls online who are maybe friends or somebody that are like hey, like watch out, like this performer might be this, that and the other, or you just don't like what they got going on. Maybe like, oh, well I don't like their brand, I don't like something about this just won't work right. Personalities might not work well together, so you know this scene's not gonna be good. Or maybe like there are really aggressive and you're like, I don't really do that, right, So I think like a no list is someone that you just know that you're not gonna work well with, or you've worked with them once and you're like, nah, I don't want to do that, And I do have a no list. Yes, is it a very long no list? No, it's a very short no list, But I do have one. So that's probably as far as it goes. It's you know, in surprise, surprise guys. Sometimes performers are on a no list because their dick is too big, has nothing else to do with anything else, but the fact that the girl feels like she would not be able to perform with that guy. It would be painful and it would not be a good scene. And that is literally the only reason why. And it's nothing personal whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a director, you usually ask one thing you always ask is what is you know in your booking talent? What is their no list? So you make sure that you don't book somebody that they don't want to work with. I like to ask people about their yes list, like who they like working with? Do you have any particular favorites? I think pretty much everyone that like is not on the no list?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. Yeah, like there's my yes list is always like Charles Darra is always a yes, Charles, like all the like most of the guys are always like yes.
Speaker 1: You know, if you could go back and tell yourself something that you know now that you didn't know getting into the industry, what would it be, Like a piece of advice you could give your younger self.
Speaker 2: Just shooting the scenes isn't what's going to catapult your career. It's everything else outside of the scenes that catapults your career. And I wish I would have focused on that a lot sooner, but you know, you get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so understanding that, like being an adult film star is so much more than just showing up and having sex. Yeah, that's what I think a lot of people don't get. They're like, oh, you have such an easy job. You just show up, you obtection, you go home, and it's like such a massive amount of time from your day is now the marketing.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of the marketing and staying afloat, staying relevant, building your brand, Like there's cause there are Yeah, you are on set, You're on set. You can be on set for four hours, you can be on stt I've been on set for twenty hours, right, like you don't know? And it is building your brand and staying relevant because there are millions and millions of beautiful girl roles coming in every day or be around the world every day. Right, there's hundreds of beautiful girls coming into the industry every day, right do they often last know? But it is good to have staying power, and it's good to build your brand, and it's good to say, okay, well, the next best thing is always trying to come in, so how do you You know? You got to keep yourself relevant and you can't always compare yourself to everybody that's always coming in. So it is always good to build your brand, and the shoots aren't always going to do that for you. The shoot gets you a nice, comfortable name for yourself and you can build you like a nice starter foundation for a fan base, but that's not going to catapult you into the next season or the next level of where you really want to be, depending on where you want to be. You know, some people they just they just want to do the scenes, and that's fine. Some people they you know, you see these people who have like these mega brands, and it is a constant twenty four to seven, seven day a week. Like I'll tell you, I work every day and that's not just shooting scenes, that is everything else behind it. So I think that's one thing I would have told myself is like, girl, you're going to be doing if you want, if you want to get to that level, you need to be prepared to know that you need it's everything else that comes with it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Well, August, thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you for asking. Makes a pleasure.
Speaker 1: We are going to do a special bonus segment we have the questions from a Patreon members, and we're also going to do a little extra something for FTV. In fact, just real quick, maybe a shout out on your o f TV channel. What is your channel and what do you do on there?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do have a of channel. It is called sky High Cocktails and they are just like five to seven minute episodes. It's me and then you see a lot of like your favorite familiar faces performers and we just do cocktails and we chat about what's what's bits, what's been going on, and then also we do like nice little challenge so sometimes there's like a shakeboard and people got to make me some drinks. Sometimes people are getting blindfolded. Sometimes people got to like make a drink for me just based off of what they've tasted, like a blind taste test. But it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of fun, a lot of cute girls and bikinis having a good time.
Speaker 1: What more could you ask? Right? All right? Well again, thank you so much for coming on. And can you let everybody know where else they can find you online?
Speaker 2: Everything is at Underscore August Underscore sky that's sky e x X. That's where you can find me under everything. I try to keep it simple and.
Speaker 1: You guys can find me on Instagram and on x at Holly Randall. Go to hollylinks dot com for access to all of my platforms. Thank you so much, Dripchat again for sponsoring the podcast. Thank you Patreon members for supporting us too. And I will see you in the Q and A that we're going to film right after this. Have a good one. I'll see you guys all next week. La