Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, welcome to the Best Ever You Show. I'm Elizabeth here. What doctor Michaelzies, What an honor it is to have you on the show today. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have a new book out. I'm so excited to talk about that with you. So we're gonna have you hold that up in just a minute. But boy, do you know, I almost want to read this a little bit. But you're an internist, anti aging, regenerative physician specialist word certified in internal medicine. You're an attending physician at Lenox Hill Hospital serving patients in Manhattan and the Midtown area, Midtown East area, and you've you've appeared to so many different places. I've seen you on the Doctors and I've seen you in all sorts of different places. So it's really cool that you're here on Best Ever You. And you have a new book coming out. I'm so hoping you will hold that up and show us your new book if you don't mind. So cool there. It is The Ageless Revolution and that's in pre order right now, everybody, so you can head over to Amazon pre order your copy. It comes out. I think in late January, Is that right?
Speaker 2: January fourteenth?
Speaker 1: January fourteenth, so middle of January. All right, So did I know? I didn't go through every qualification. But what I'll do with the show is post your bio and post links to your website and the books and all that stuff. So let's get started talking about your book. Actually, where I want to go first in your book, I was reading the intro and things like that. Can you give us a little bit of background on how you arrived at being a doctor and then how COVID changed some of the things that you're doing today.
Speaker 2: Well, it was always my dream to be a doctor. I think I made that decision when I was about probably like fourteen or fifteen. Actually I was a very poor student and my grades were very low, and somehow I I just realized I was not doing much in my life, even though at such a young age. So I just I did not think I was smart to be a doctor. But surprisingly but effort in to it. All of a sudden, my grades were great and they improved a lot, and I made it to go to medical school. Then my life was over. After that, I was like I never knew it was like all the years went by, so I went to medical school. I've been in practice for a very long time, for thirty years. I published a book about fourteen years ago, The Perfect End Diet. It's a clean diet that balances hormone, very different from all the popular diets low fat and low cops. It balances hormone, it does not mess them up. So it's a very clean diet with no chemicals. And you know, it's very hard to write a book. It takes a very very long time. And my first book took a very long time to write, but I did. It was the number one book on Amazon, I think for eight weeks in twenty ten, and I really did not think I was going to write a second book, but I had something new to say, and I think it was COVID nineteen that was the wake up call, like a light bulb went in my head, and I said, we're not healthy as a society. We're very sick, and we live in a disease care society. And even young people right now are aging at a much faster rate and at a much younger age than our generation, our parents and grandparents, and we actually, if you take a look at the lifespan in the United States, it's about seventy three. It's three years down from seventy six after COVID. It is the lowest in the western world. It is Mississippi has a lower lifespan than Bangladesh. We spend so much money on healthcare, like we live in a disease care society, and it's just it's very, very bad. And I realized I had to do something. And probably it's kind of revolutionary to cold aging a disease, but I'm labeling aging is a disease that has to be treated. And that's what I did by coming up with the book The Age of Revolution, the ten whole Marks of aging, the reasons why ourselves at the R eight while we age, when we get old, why we get sick, and why we die. And I'm throwing the kitchen sink. I got all the weapons that no one is talking about to fight aging on the sail level, you know. Story So no, I.
Speaker 1: Love it because it feels to me like a lot of us pay so much attention to, you know, our elevens and our wrinkles and our hair color and our nails and our spots and ours you know, spots on our skinn are important and things like that, but we're not so much paying attention to the internal you know what, you can't see happening, and so it scares me a lot. I worry. My mom just turned seventy nine today, and my grandmother lived to be one hundred and her mother lived to be one hundred and five. And I'm like, why didn't you guys? What do you guys do? I always want to know? And they didn't drink, they didn't smoke, they didn't eat very much, they did the exercise, they did all these things. Is that where you're at with it all? Or what's yeah? Tell me all about it?
Speaker 2: Is very different from all the other diets on the market because many of the anti aging book and I understand there are a few books on the market that address aging, but I think the problem with them is they only look at aging from one little angle or from one point of view. They may say, you know what, well, why don't you fix your diet? And then they talk about the blue zones where people live to be one hundred. Well, I don't live in Greece, I don't live in Italy, I don't live in Okinawa. So I bring the anti aging secrets from all over the world, not just the blue zones. And then some books are very advanced, you know, they talk about things that are not very doable, but or that are very very expensive and they're not doable. What I want to do is I want to bring anti aging to everyone and to make it affordable for everyone, for all the people who are forgotten in this broken healthcare system. So I want to make it double practical and affordable. So my book has something for beginners, mid level, and advance. I take the anti aging to the doctor's office, so this way you're educated. You even know more than the doctors in aging, Like I want this, I want that. What do you think of that? This is what I want to get on I should get this supplement. I want this medication to fight aging. And that's how this book is different because it's more of an encyclopedia for anti aging, and it's come more comprehensive, and it is the first book on the market that targets all the whole marks of aging, all ten home mark, not just one or two, but all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we see a lot of books at best Ever you come our way for this or that and promoting them and stuff and I've read your book. I have an advanced copy of it. I'm telling everybody please go buy this book. It's absolutely amazing. And we're fellow HCI authors, so I say that too, like you know, it's our HCI family. But aside from that, if this were you know, any other publisher or anything like that, I'd probably say the same thing or would say the same thing because it it's a I mean, it's just fabulous. It's it's almost like groundbreaking aging advice. And it feels to me like you're going to make a lot of us have less anxiety about it as well, because it's like questions answered. Here it is, here's what you can do to slow this process down because a panic sort of sets in at a certain age. You're like, how do I not do this? Like how do I reverse reverse this and live to be this age or that age? And I think you figured it out. I would love to hear hear more to help our to help our listeners and readers and viewers.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a lot of experience. I've been doing this for a very long time, and I trained in functional medicine, and you know, and what I did is I assembled all the information for the readers. So I did all the homework of attend the tons of lectures. I've watched all the anti aging doctors, and I wanted to make it just simple for people. Do as much or as little as you want, and you will see results, so you don't have to go the extreme like what the movie stars are doing and the super rich that are doing. So I take it from basic stuff from super food all the way to advanced medicine, to stem cells and peptides and bioidentical hormones to the medication that affect longevity, and you know you're taken as little as you want or as much as you want. You can implement as well as you want or as much as you want, but whatever you do is gonna have a positive effect on your life, whatever you do, because every everything adds up and it's like it's a process, you know, Like I did not reach that level of very advanced in my own anti aging. It took me. I thought about my personal story in the book that it took me a very long time. I was on the wrong path for a long time. I was pre diabetic. I followed the wrong guidelines because the guidelines in this country are totally wrong, including from the old USDA Food pyramid. You know, you know, the low fat guidelines are all full of sugar. Sugar is the worst thing you could do for anti aging. Some people gave up on the low fat that we advised to follow and started following low card diets. But then low carb diets are full of other chemicals other than sugar, and I tried to damage the DNA. They are linked to cancer. So people judge their weigh by how many pounds they lost on their bathroom scale, but don't realize sometimes that the healthy diet that they're following are also shading a few years of their life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's you just touched on a few things that you know, sugar and the things that we all love to do sort of, but they're not so good for your other You know, you have ten hallmarks of aging. Do you want to go through a few of them or are you going to rattle them all off?
Speaker 2: Or you have to fight all of them? You can just fight one two otherwise. That's the other books that talks about. But let's say, for example, one of the whole mark of aging is we have young cells in our bodies and we have old cells were always in a process of rejuvenation and the problem this is one of the whole mark of aging, is like the old cells don't die, they just stick around. And not only they don't work, so now the young cells have to overwork, but the old cells are also secreting chemicals and cytokinds that damage the young cells. So you have to get rid of the old cells. So one way to get rid of the old cells is basic stuff is sleep. Sleep is very very important for anti aging. We see a lot of people who do shift work, nurses at night, people who work and i'd they have higher immortality from heart disease and stroke. And that's because during sleep, not only we secrete gross hormone, but we also we secrete a hormone called melatonin, and melatonin is a sleep hormone. But melatonin is not only a sleep hormone, it's also an antioxen that protect the mitochondria, which are the battery of your cell. So without if your cell phone is not charged, it cannot work. So your mitochondri needs to be charged. So when we get enough sleep, our mitochondria are working, our cells are working. So we have to get rid of the CENESN cell. And one way to get rid of the CINESM cells or the old cell. They even call them zombie cells because they're like in the movies they don't die is sleep. Coloric restriction on the weekend, maybe a skip breakfast, you just do brunch and dinner so you get rid of the CENESM cell. And there are supplements that I talk about in the book that are very essential to get rid of cines and cell like physet and coarse it. And are some medications as well. So that's one of the whole mode that I attack from different angles, from lifestyle to glor restriction to supplements or even you can go to medications.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get so happy when I hear doctors say something like sleep can change your life instead of handing me a pill that can change my life, because personally, I have life threatening food allergies that I've had since I was twenty six or so. I got them after a pregnancy. I developed food allergies to fish and shellfish and peanut and trina and there are four life threatening food allergies on board that I haven't been able to shake no matter what. So I have a medic alert on and all these things, and so I'm constantly looking for things for our food allergy community that are pure like that, so, you know, because we're also so touchy. It's a huge one in thirteen kids has a food allergy now, and it's a ton of people and a lot of a ton of stressed out parents with that as well. So if you've got anything, like any advice on that too, because it's all it seems like it compounds. I read this quote the other day. I think it was more on like Instagram. It's like, what you do in your thirties affects your forties, what you do in your forties affects your fifties, your fifties to your sixties and so forth. Do you think that's true.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, as we get older, sometimes we develop even some food allergies that didn't exist before. And what happens is some people could be allergic to higher amounts that they may not have. For example, some people like for example, the number one of the number one allergies is dairy from cows. It's seven percent. So you know, you may not have a little bit of a problem having a little bit of milk on your coffee. But then if you have two loti, you may break up in a rash. So I think it's important to get tested to know exactly what you're allergic to, because you don't want to deprive yourself of certain food and you want to be also alert if you're allergic to a certain food that can give you an aphylactic reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's it's kind of scary. You know, there's so much information out there. You kind of go, Okay, what do I trust? And so I love trusted people like you who have done the work of written books, have done the research and so forth. Do you have any aging other aging secrets that you want to give us, like more homork another hallmark of aging. I mean, we'll take it.
Speaker 2: There's no magic fail. It's a lot of I think close to twenty thirty supplements a day, because even that book for me has been an empty aging journey to realize, oh, you know, I'm not taking care of my God. So God hells is another hallmark of aging. And right now we have we have a problem in our got in the United States, and our gut lives about thirty six trillion bacteria. We have more cells bacteria in our got than our bodies and if you don't take care of them, you're going to end up with disease. So actually it's one of the hallmark of aging. So in fact, we don't have enough fermented food, we don't eat enough probiotics in our diet. We eat so much sugar that we feed the wrong bacteria. So now what we have is calling cancer is the leading cancer in men below age fifty. And in the same time, we take a look at women in South Korea who are going to be the first in the world to make it to age ninety and that's because of a special dish that they do. It's called kimshi, which is fermented vegetables. And that's so one trick up my sleeve is to have more fermented products, to have more yogurt, to have more cafeir. I you are allergic to dairy, you can have kmbucha, you can have kimshi if you want. Because you have to take care of you got bacteria, and that's another thing to take care of for us to live better, to prevent can or to keep our weight, and also to are also those bacteria affect our moods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to make sure I respect your time, because I know, you know, we don't have we can't go on for an hour and things like that. But I love topics like this, so I hope you'll come back and.
Speaker 2: Things like that.
Speaker 1: But can do you have maybe like ten more minutes or so fifteen more minutes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I want to go to why why the Ageless Diet? What is discussed in the book that's so different? So what's what's in here that's so different compared to other books? So what's that Mean's what's ageless Diet mean?
Speaker 2: Well, you know I told you, Elizabeth at the beginning of an hour when we met, is that I wrote a book about twelve thirteen years ago called The Perfect and Diet. And I wrote this book because I had something new to say at the time, just like I have something new to say now. And the Perfect and Diet is a diet that balances hormone and it's a hormone friendly diet. It doesn't have anymicals, it doesn't it doesn't allow any sugar, so it doesn't have cereals and modern like the low fat diets, doesn't have any n I trites, bacon and sausage like all the low carb diets that allow you to eat anything that's poisonous as long as it's sugar free. We know that artificial sweetness are into heart attacks. We know, and I tried, so I just told you earlier. They damage our DNA. We need to protect our DNA, not damage our DNA. That's why we take tourene, another supplement that protects our DNA. Take tourine two grams a day. It's a very important, most important supplement. Tourine ta u r any two grams a day. That's probably one of the best longevity supplement. It can give us eight to nine years of longevity. And that's yes. I recommend that to all the people watching and listening to us now. So yes. So the Perfect ting is a diet that balances hormony, does not mess them up. It does not have any chemicals. And I wrote the book because I was fed up with all the low fat guidelines, with all the sugar, all the chemicals, all the vegetable oils which are very bad for us, and the low carbs are not any better. And then people sometimes they just follow they follow popular diets, so they buy those packaged food that are sitting in the supermarket. They're sitting there every year with all the chemicals. I don't think all those chemicals I haven't heard of. Then I don't know what they do. I don't think there's research on what they do. So the Perfect ten was a very clean diet, and in the Ancious Revolution, I take it up a few notches by copying the diet of the blue zones. What are those people doing to live such a long life? And I think the most important besides sleep is a diet. So the secret to longevity is to stay away from sugar. It's to stay away from chemical is to go organic. It is to take care of your gut. And another thing is to eat more fat, natural fats, olive oil, avocados, nuts, butter, because low fat are very bad too absorb the fat soluble vitamin or missing invite them in K or missing vitamin D. Vitamin D, for example, is the reason why so many people got sick during the COVID pandemic, because our immune system is suppressed. And especially if you live in the Northeast, you live in Maine, you live in New York, you don't get up sude, then you're going to be a low in vitamin D and your level of vitamin D is over fifty. The chances of dying off COVID is zero. So all the people who died during COVID, it was really very sad because it was unnecessary and it was I saw the sadness in their parents' eyes and it was just nobody's taking vitamin D in the Northeast, and that's why they got sick. When the COVID was the test that we all took and we all failed. So God, I forget what was the question we're talking about? Back to what the Asians die? The Asians died. Take take away from this from the blue zones, what are the people eating to live to be one hundred? So yeah, and you know, and I go beyond the blue zones. So Monoco, for example, they also left in ninety eighty eight ninety they eating a lot of seafood. In South Korea, they're eating the kinshi, you know. In Okinawa, Japan, they're eating sweet purple potatoes which have more antioxidens than berries. And then the secret to longevity and in those diets is they don't eat enough. They don't eat more protein or excess protein. So we have a trend in this country where we're going high protein, low carb. Now high protein have been switched from high protein low carp to now keito. Keito is the new term for low carb, which is now in fashion all the magazines, and but keito is nothing but a twist on the low carb approach from the nineteen eighties. And you increase your diet to eighty percent seventy percent fat, well, how are you gonna get any antioxygens if you're just eating a salve made of lettuce and bacon and cheese and so heart disease is really a disease of protein intoxication. It's not a disease of eating too much fat. It's not from eating too much shrimp or eating too much eggs. Is from eating too much protein. We found people doing high protein that they lose weight, and they, like I told you, they judge your success by that. But what they do in new cats can of their outeres, of their corners. You find that they have the arteries a block after ten fifteen years because the high protein breaks another protein called uric acid. And uric acid is leading to higher mortality. So you want to lower your protein intake. You just eat eat enough to keep your muscle mass as you get older, so I would say, like the size of the palm of your hand too street times a day, but can be eating protein all day and cutting out all the carbs. So yeah, So the Asians dye takes it up several notches from the perfect ten by going to see what those people in the boozone are eating, by having more beans, by having less animal products, by eating more superfoods. And I take their diets from all over the world and have put it in the Ageless diet.
Speaker 1: You know, I get I always get stressed out when I want to go eat like blueberries and strawberries and things like that, and then they went they end up on some list that you shouldn't eat because they're so or not.
Speaker 2: You have to go organic with certain vegetables, and some vegetables you don't have to go organic, like you know, mangoes, bananas, but with there's a list from the USDA Department of Agriculture. When they tell you this one, you probably should go organic if and you know they are available in regular supermarkets. You can buy berries and strawberries organic from the supermarket. It's a few you know, maybe forty cents more. But I think it's worse. You don't want to eating two pounds of pesticides a year in the United States. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very lot. Okay, I'm going to ask you ozempic question just because I think I can. Can I you know, people think it's a magic cure, is it? Is it not? And so forth. So I we have a son who's got a master's degree in pharmacology from Georgetown and he's working on his PhD next and he's like, absolutely, do not take that. It's not enough research done, all this stuff, and he is against it. Are you against it? Or?
Speaker 2: I mentioned ozempic and Monjaro in the book. In fact, there's another drug coming soon on the market. It's called triple G. It works on stree hormones and people who took it lost once sort of the body weight is going to make. Cozempic is like baby stuff. Can pay to it, and I think the best thing to do, I mean, I happen in the book as a last resort. You really have to address your diet, your lifestyle. I mean I have friends who are doctors who take cozempic and then the other pizza. Well, guess what once you get off the ozempic, you're going to gain the weight back, so you have to address your lifestyle. But I think they could be an answer for many people who have given up. I think one of the biggest problems with them is people tend to lose muscle mass, and you want to keep your muscle. So if you're going to take one of those GLP drugs, you really have to increase your anaerobic activities, so maybe at the gym do more weightlifting. You don't want to lose muscle, you want to lose the fat. And they do have some cardioprotective effect. They prevent heart attack, they prevent strokes, they prevent despite twenty percent, so they kind of longevity. But they have some side effects as well, you know, the nausea, the paralyx. But they could be very helpful for someone who has really tried everything and nothing worked. And that's why it's part of the revolution. It's part of all the medicine we have now that can change how we live. But they should not be something permanent. They should not be something for life. They should they should change your lifestyle.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, I'm gonna go all hormonal on you now.
Speaker 2: Next I thought about on summer There.
Speaker 1: Hormonal any the book.
Speaker 2: In summer.
Speaker 1: It froze, hang on, there we go? What you say? I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was saying that you reached the part of the book I talk about hormones and Susan some her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love her. It's a shame she passed away, but I think she's very interesting. Yeah, do you love her?
Speaker 2: I met Suzanne twelve years ago during a medical conference. We said hello, We talked for a few minutes, and then people asked me in magazines to comment on her books and articles. I had to read her books, and then I think one time I don't don't remember. It was the Yety News of the New York Post. I was rescorded that I was attacking her, but I wasn't. Really, it was my mistake, and I mentioned that story in my book that really I wasn't. I agreed on what she said, but it was my mistake. I did not proofread the article the editor Russia, and then when I apologized to her, when I saw Earlateter, I was like, I'm always attacked for my views. And I mentioned in the book that we were also in the Zoom meeting during the COVID pandemic with her husband, and she only talked about hormones. And really, you know, I agreed a lot of things she did, but really her desk really affected me a lot. And at that day I almost said the book was almost done, and I mentioned the story in my book. I almost said that, oh my god, I'm doing She's doing everything. I mean, I didn't agree on her taking ross hormone because cross hormone is linked to hire MORTALTI promotes cancer. But I'm not her doctor, you know. And but when she died, I'm like, oh my god, what am I doing? What am all these pills I'm taking? I really Then I called a very good friend of mine who is a health editor, and I said, you know what, I'm gonna change the book. I don't think we have control of what we do. I'm like, I'm playing God here. I'm not God. And then he just told me, you cannot do that. You stop believing in what you in what you're saying. You don't believe that you're eating right can make you live long. Said, of course, it can make you live long. Don't believe that if you get enough sleeping a little long, you don't think of the medicine. The medicine you give me people. Look, I said, I do. Said so, why you want to change your message?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, God, he said.
Speaker 2: No, you do something big. You're trying to be give people hope that you can change your life by doing positive things. And I mentioned the story in the chapter of hormones in the book because really it would have affected the whole, you know, pass of the book. So I kept the book as my original plan to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's your best the end. We have no control. I can get hit by a car.
Speaker 1: I know it is, and that's the anxiety about it. And I think people are just trying to do what's right for them and and try things and so forth. And hormones always scare me. I'm I'm fifty five. I'm in that age group where they said, don't do this, it causes cancer. So I'm one of those people who doesn't have h or anything like that at this time.
Speaker 2: It's different, Elizabeth, between men and women. First, we have to talk about the difference between bioidentical hormones, which are natural hormones or synthetic hormones that we would train in medical school and residency to give women in menopause. The synceatic hormones are from horses, like the prempro all that stuff premarin that gives people cancer. Now bioidentical hormones are from yams and they're identical to human hormones. And after Susanne wrote her book forgot what was the name of her book, It's called Age Lists or something like that, and she talked about bio the sale of the synceatic hormone plummeted. So what happened is that drug companies started making bioidentical hormone that you can get from your local pharmacy. You can get it from CBS, you can get it from dayne Read and they're bioidentical. You don't have to go to a compounding pharmacy. Their natural hormones. And of course you can only do the small amounts just for the function. So there are linked to longevity in women if you go to the right doctor and do them correctly. Since sidic hormones are not good when it comes to men, this tas drone is not linked to longevity. It makes you feel good, it gives you energy, it gives you sex drive, it gives you muscles. But unfortunate is tas drone is not linked to longevity. And then the biggest myss in longevity is growth hormone HGH, and that can shorten life. So a lot of people anti aging clinic are giving growth hormone and growth from home promotes cancer. You wanna, you wanna, you wanna raise your growth for more naturally by intermittent fasting, by coloric restriction, by doing an aerobic activity, by eating protein after working out. But you don't want to do inject any growth from home because that shortens life. But by identical ver most for women is a good choice. And I mentioned that in the book I have a Shatdow on hormones where I talk about my story Lisus on the summer.
Speaker 1: You know, I love I love the fact that you just mentioned men, because half of our audience is men and the other half of all the audience is men to via their people saying, look at this audiences men, it's.
Speaker 2: Me don't do anything about menopause. But also men don't doing anything about their disguston because you know the problem is when you go to the doctor, they always compare you to your age group, and that is wrong. You want to be compared to the younger person you can be like you know. I also tell a story in my book where like my mom went through menopause in one of the worst ways, and when she the women during menopause, the sex from one, they just drop like this, like it's vanish, and she just had like hot flashes, night sweat. She was screaming. We thought she lost her mind. And it went on for two three years. And what happens is the women's sex formone, the astrogen progesterone, the advantage. They got to zero nothing. So you go to the doctor. What did they tell you? Hormones are normal? Yeah, they're normal for someone in menopause, but my mom lost her mind. You don't want to have the hormones of a woman and menopause. You want to have the hormones of a girl who is eighteen nineteen or at least functioning. So you gotta have some at least the function that you don't have the hot splashes and the cells don't talk to another. And that's one other whole market of aging. So the problem is we go to our doctors. We trust them, but they have good intentions, but we were not trained. So the patient may go to the doctor. And then they go to the doctor and his tystostroon is three hundred and he's like fifty years old or even eighteen. Let's say he's twenty. And then the doctor tells them your hormone, your testosterroo is normal. No, it's normal for someone who's eighty, not who's twenty five. The reason his distosterio solo at age twenty five because this guy drinks a lot, he smokes spot, he stays up late, and he has all the symptoms of low TI, which is he could be depressed, it could be having built muscles at the jam, you could be having erection problem. And then what does the doctor do. They give him a prescription for anti viagra or whatever it is. Then the problem with this stosterone stays unsolved. So, yeah, you want to fix all the hormonal problem. It's another wole market aging. You want to fix not just the daser hormone like insulin by cutting the sugar, but you also want to fix the minor hormones like estrogen progesterone at the stosterone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a just personal story for a second. I went to the doctor because I was having just the most ungodly migraines like clockwork every month, just like there, there it is, and you're it feels like the train goes off the tracks for a week. You're just like, oh my god, my headache kind of thing. And I went into the doctrine. I'm like, this is like clockwork. This has got to be hormone related. Things are bouncing all around. Test me and he goes, you look great, like that has nothing to do with it, Like you look great. What is that? I'm like, test the thing and he's like, you're I'm glad, you know. He actually apologized. He's like, I'm so sorry for saying that. I'm like, well, you know, thank you. But and but he said, your estrogen is like plummeting or soaring or plummeting or scaring, Like it's like this with you know, testosterone and and progest. I think it's progesterine or something like that. You progest your own testosterone and estrogen were all right, and so we kind of got to the bottom of it a little bit. But yeah, I have struggled with that up until I hit menopause, and now it seems like it's leveled out and there's no headaches and I'm like, well, what's that mean exactly?
Speaker 2: What's gone of breast cancer or anything like? Bioidentical hormones have a good place for longevity because they protect women against ostroporosis, they prevent heart attacks and so on. Oh, I have a whole chapter in the book about that.
Speaker 1: It was very helpful because there's so much confusion about that. You don't know where to step step next to make sure you're okay. You know, they don't want to have step wrong and have something happen as a repercussion. So it's you're like living going well, I've got a headache again, you know kind of thing. So you know, I absolutely love your book. You are just fantastic to talk to. Great personality, and thank you so much for sharing sharing yourself with our audience here at Best Ever You I'm just.
Speaker 2: Vity and can I add something else?
Speaker 1: Oh please? Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I told you I wrote the book because I wanted to make a difference to make our life span better, our health span better, to live longer. We should not be living fifteen years less than than other countries. And that was my goal, was the book. But then my goal changed at the very end, and I realized that I want to make it a huge difference, and so all the proceeds of the book are going for charity as well. Oh that's cool, Yeah, I was Breast cancer is another thing that's affecting women in America at a much higher rate, and it's affecting especially minorities African American and Hispanic at forty percent. And many of those women who are affected don't have the money. They don't have a thousand dollars in the bank. And I want to make a huge difference, not only for individual on an individual basis, for everyone, but to help everyone on a humanitarian basis. So thank you for having me. So the interest revolution is trying to make a revolution everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. All right, hold the book up one more time. So I want to make sure everybody goes in pre orders this so ageless revolution. Everybody there is. It's such It looks great too, by the way, can I see the back of it?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Oh that's perfect, great as my resume there, Yeah, sure is. That's awesome. Well, it's been wonderful to have you on the Best Ever Year show. Best of luck with the launch. I hope you'll come back when the book is out and come back and talk to us again and.
Speaker 2: Get a consultation, was me, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I would love to do we send Do you have a website you want to send people to or anything like that.
Speaker 2: You have my website from now Michael Iss md dot com. And I think the Age's Solution is being built right now. So it's a lot of work. It took a lot of effort for the book to start, so I have to work on the website.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Yeah, no, I hear you. It's always something. It's it's easier to write the book than market the book, it feels like. But they're both really fun. So anyway, best of luck with everything. Thank you so much for the information, and and everybody's going to go out and get two grams a day of Did you say touring?
Speaker 2: Is that how you say you gotta work on their lifestyle first?
Speaker 3: I love the toy, their diet and they get enough sleep and then they get on the tourne you can get tone while you're not you're staying out late at you know.
Speaker 1: I love that you mentioned sleep so much because like that's the key too. That's the key to me, Like I have to sleep, like I can sleep anywhere, and I can sleep for twelve you know what you set the time. There's no time where I could fall asleep for fourteen hours and not from exhaustion. I just put myself to bed at night, and I have a really good sleep. So I do not struggle with sleep at all ever, And it's my husband is like, how is this possible? Like, I just love my sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So I love that you said that. I'm like, I feel better on that score for sure. I'm like, I love sleep. Is that a terrible thing to say?
Speaker 2: I love sleep overall?
Speaker 1: Sleeping and napping are just amazing. So anyway, all right, we thank you so much for being here. Best of luck with your book, and thank you everybody for watching The Best Ever You Show. We're also going to air this on the Best Ever You Show on the podcast as well, so you'll have an audio version of this as well. Again, Best Ever You Show is so grassroots. We're at about six billion downloads and we are very husband funded. Thank you, Peter Garina. We love our guests. So what do we do when we have a guest? We go buy their books, we share their website, their websites, and we and we share their information with other people personally. That's so that word of mouth is priceless. So please tell people that you saw doctor Zise on the Best Ever You show and that you got his book, and tell somebody about his book. So all right, everybody, thank you for being here. Thank you doctor Zies much everybody,