Speaker 1: Five O five a fifty five k r C DE talk station. Happy legal weed Days. No one cares if you smoke a joint or not, not in state of Ohio anymore. Welcome to uh well legal weed Day. Happy Tuesday folks. Brian Thomas here host at THEFTY five Casey Morning Show. Joe Struckers that could produce from lining up guests and exhaling some hydroponic chronic get it out of your system and hit it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, let's start on a light note here this morning in this state of Ohio. Todd Ends is going to join the program coming up at seven o five. Got an inquire bed piece regarding raising taxes amid high inflation. Of course, bad idea. Tell that to the mayor. I got inside Scoop Bright Bart News. It is Tuesday eight, Every Tuesday eight to a five. Today the return of Political Editor Emma Joe Morris is going to be talking about Kamala Harrison, her career and the big Duck Dodge Dip Duck dive and Dodge five d's Dodgeball going on, of course, with the Kamala Harris campaign focusing exclusively on everything that while walking away from all of her policies over the past, you know, couple of decades, and I was listening to the Guttfeld coming in they rerun Guttfeld. I guess it runs after I go to bed. At any event, made an interesting point when Trump was at the that convention of Black reporters that he spoke at and they launched into an immediate attack on him being a racist right out of the gate. He kind of took the bait and the point being he got into this discussion of whether Kamala Harris as black or Indian, and that's a diversion. This is something that they're trying to use to justify her candidacy, the first black or Indian, whatever you want to say, female president of the United States of America. And you know, this is just a huge distraction. Her race, It's unimportant, it's immaterial. It's who she is and what she is going to be voting for and what is she I'm not voting for, but what is she going to be pushing by way of policy? And she is as far left as a human being could possibly be in the world of US politics. And they're I mean, we got this short term window obviously, you know, set up and arranged by the Democrat Party. Joe Biden's out. They knew he was out, they knew what he was. They lied to us over and over and over again. They were backed into a corner, stuck with Kamala Harris, worried the polling numbers for Kamala Harris are worse than Joe Biden's, even though we're all aware of his cognitive decline. They needed to get Joe Biden out. They were stuck with Kamala Harrison. There was multitude of, I mean, even mainstream media articles talking about that sorry state of affairs that Democrats found themselves in, and yet they couldn't get rid of the person who met the appropriate checkboxes. So here we find ourselves and now she's the greatest thing since slice spread, walking back every single policy position that she has been parroting for years and years and years. Not her self, mind, you are surrogates. More to talk about on that later in the program, but it's just can this work? Are we this collectively? Stupid? Is evil? Orange Man so baked into the cake that people would vote for someone who is obviously demonstratively an extension, if not doubling down on the past three and a half plus years of the Biden administration, that we're going to go down that road, just dismayed at where we find ourselves today. Anyway, Emma, Joe Morris can be talking about Kamala Harris's actual career compared to what they're trying to sell us. A five Daniel Davis Deep Dive. It is t Tuesday, eight thirty. We get Daniel Davis. Today. We'll be talking about the war in Israel and giving warplanes to Ukraine, which I've been kind of just I had talked to Congress and Warren Davidson about that the other day. They've been at war for what now, coming on in three years or so plus minus. I can't remember how long this has. They've been at it. Ukraine's been asking for planes since day one, and now after all of this time and all the loss the Ukrainians have suffered, land losses, defeats in battle, the loss of human life which can't be understated. I mean, they're running out of people to fight the war. Now they get the planes, Russia is going to shoot him down at which they promised to shoot them down. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they do. Anyway, asked the expert. Hopefully, just still trying to get fun number. It's a struggle to be executive, reduced to the thinking about Cassey Morning Show from time to time. Some people just don't play along nicely. We'll find out you see Hell's doctor here, latis supposed to join the program talking about you see Blood Cancer Healing Center, and I'll keep my fingers crossed it that it does happen at the end of the program and an introduction tomorrow. Oh my god, I am so pleased. It's been too long. In God bless them. The prayers and thoughts go out to the Massi family for the loss of Congressman Thomas Massey's wife. He will return to the program tomorrow along with is it gonna be? Along with Judge of Poulatano now back to back though at some point, as promised, everyone's agreed to do a three way conversation, me sort of facilitating a conversation among Congressman Massy and Judge and Polatana. That will happen someday, but it's not gonna be tomorrow, but we will get the ultimate hour and radio. As far as I'm concerned from a libertarian perspective, Congressman Massy, followed by Judge Nita Polatana. That's tomorrow, all right, so let us start with something a little bit lighter and no pun intended on that one. Today's day. Get ready for it. Recreationable recreational cannabis is now for sale for the first time since the voter's approved it last November. High Department of Commerce Division of Cannabis Control yesterday said ninety eight dispensary is set to be issued dual use certificates for operation statewide this morning, nineteen in the Cincinnati region. I bet there's a bunch of people out there, Joe that already know which night where these nineteen ones are right here in the greater Cincinnati area, staked out which one they're going to this morning, and they're expecting crowds. According to the statement from the agency, the issuance of certificates is based on roughly the order in which completed applications were received by the Division and which compliance asks were fulfilled to help ensure a fair and oh there's that word, and equitable roll out of the non medical cannabis market and Ohio Division intensive awards to do against you all remaining eligible dispensaries later this week. So if you know where your medical marijuana dispensary is, that's where you're going to be able to buy recreational weed. Let us see here. Tough to know what kind of turnout to expect, they're saying, but they expect quite a bit of volume. There could be lines when some of the stores opened. One store owner was interviewed about that, which he predicts lines when history opens at nine am. Some locations open as early as seven am in the Cincinnati area. You check your local distributor for these specifics on when they open and hours of operations. And they expect people from maybe Kentucky and Indiana to come, making it our state for the purpose of buying recreational marijuana. How much can you buy? Twenty one year old and above. You gotta be an adult twenty one. They're going to card you to up to two and a half ounces of weed, fifteen grams of extracts or edibles maximum purchase amount, and it's one transaction. They weigh or assess the volume you're buying at any given time, So recreational consumers can purchase no more than one ounce of dried weed aka flour ten units each containing five hundred and ninety milligrams of THHC, ten units of oil for the purposes of vaping, ten packets of edibles totally no more than eleven hundred milligrams of THHC. It sounds like a lot, and the caps are combined across all types of products, meaning you can't purchase the maximum amount of flour, vapes, and cartridges and edibles all in one sitting, so you have to come back the next day. This is a daily limitation division of Cannabis Control spokesperson Jamie Crawford speaking with I think this is yeah, since any inquires that the Women's aim to ensure that there's enough in stock for medical marijuana patients. Those are the ones who came up with a justification to smoke weed before it became well legal recreationally speaking. Anybody who know anybody with a medical marijuana license, do they really have a condition that they're treating or they just getting high. It's illegal for dispensaries to sell to people under the age of twenty one. You will be carted. Also note that if you're going in to buy weed, many of them only except cash.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: And having ATM on site for customers who don't have any cash. Well, how convenient is that? It's like a casino walk of shame, isn't it not?
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 1: I ran out of money button on Blackjack. I'll head over to the ATM and get more. Make it really convenient for you right there, and online orders. You can place online orders at dispensaries, but you have to pay in the store, so call ahead and reserve your weed. They say the Vision of Cannabis Control proposes rules for online payments down the road, so maybe you can pay in advance at some point too. They're also crafting rules for home delivery, currently not available. So I suppose if you're you know, maybe subject to an OVI limit and you're out of weed, at some point, you just call the weed distributor up and say, hey, can you bring me some over to my house? Make it really easy for you, And again that's down the road. At point, they say, the dispensers will be showing a wide range of products flower bape cartridges, edibles, beverages, and topical creams. Package requiring The state requires packaging flower in two point eighty three gram amounts, which is known as the Ohio tenth. I see, you don't walk into a dispensary and see jars of loose weed. It's all going to be individually packaged, which is a requirement of Ohio law. Only products allowed under the medical marijuana program are going to be available for adult use consumers. So apparently there aren't going to be they say, pre rolled joints or concentrates with more than seventy percent THCHC on the shelves, but they could become available later this summer. They think around September seventy percent. Yeah, Ever, as statistics, you know, this isn't your father's weed or your grandfather's weed. You know, the Mexican dirt weed that the hippies were smoking back in the sixties and seventies, which contained like five percent THCHC or something really small in amounts. Now, the THHC limits in these, you know, commercially grown marijuana operations are north of thirty percent. And then of course, when you concentrated, you're talking about some serious, serious concentrations of THHC, which is why I have so many great stories in the stack. Is stupid every morning? Or that idiot on the airplane that took what how many how many milligrams of THC that guy consume? He ate like twenty edibles or something like that, And he said after he got arrested, I had no idea what the THHC level is in the marriage. So you know, this is the kind of thing you're gonna have to pay attention to and be careful of, and of course mind your p's and q's and you're out driving around the road, because thus far, the police find it very difficult to figure out who is really intoxicated on weed versus someone who might just have been smoking and joined a couple of weeks ago, but still has traces of the after product floating around on their blood, which is sufficient in Ohio to that you would DUI or an OVII even if you're not high. That is, if they get a blood test to check and see. Anyhow, Welcome to the world to legalize weed here in the state of Ohio. It is five eighteen right now. If I've won three seven, four nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk poun five fifty on AT and T funds, feel free to give me the call. Give the Sabrie Group of Kellowilliams seven Hills A call because you want great real estate agents. If you're buying or selling a home and you aren't in the best possible hands. With the Sabri Group, Cincinnati's number one real estate sales group. Their mission is your five star experience and they do that in a number of ways. One, you got great real estate agents with superior customer service. They know what they're doing, so if you're selling a home, take their advice. They got some great ideas how to maximize the amount your home sells for. And then if you're on the other side of the equation, you don't care. You don't want to mess around with maybe painting a room or upgrading things in order to maximize a sale amount. They have vision. They can see what's possible in your home. Call the Schabrie Group. They'll take a look at your house. You'll have a cash offer within forty eight hours, which means you can close as little as less than three weeks from today. I want to get out of Dodge. I don't want to show my home. I just want to leave. That's the instant Offer program, just one of the many programs the Supree Group of Kellowiams seven Hills is offering to give you that five star experience. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com is the website happens to be the phone number two. Just put a five one three in front of it. Five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the exclusive audio home on NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 1: Here it is, and my first warning weather forecast. Let us see here. We've got a sunny day to day, hot and humid high ninety four overnight mostly flatty isolated chance of rain with a low of seventy one. Tomorrow mostly cloudy though not as hot, little isolated rain, possible high of eighty five, flouty overnight sixty seven and on Thursday at mostly sunny day going up to eighty seventy. Right now we're looking at seventy two degrees here fifty five KRC Detalk station now five twenty two on a Tuesday five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred dy two three talk ToIP FI fifty one eighteen t phones and don't forget if you can be smoking weed, remember that FFL form yep, that could prevent you from well purchasing a firearm if you're honest and always said for everybody out there with a medical marijuana card, I think that's an admission that you're smoking weed in ergo that you wouldn't be able to say you're not a user of marijuana when you fill out your license to acquire a firearm. Speaking of firearms, just fun little fact here for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, They announced yesterday that the month of July this year marked the wow sixtieth consecutive month of more than one million background checks for gun sales and retail locations. A number of national Instant criminal background checks conducted for gun sales in July one, sixty seven, and ninety. According to the NSF statement, the last time monthly background checks was associated with the sale of firearm at retail were below million was July twenty nineteen, when eight hundred and thirty five hundred and seventy nine background checks were for firearm purchases were recorded. So all people are buying up their firearms, there's no question about it, man. That's the think about that sixty million additional guns since July twenty nineteen, as a well proud support of the Second Amendment and happy to enjoy my rights under the Second Amendment. I find no problem with that, quite honestly, And consider this people running around, you know, I know there's a lot of gun violence out there, and I think that's more of a societal breakdown issue than the actual implement used to commit a crime. See Europe and the stabbings that go on where they can't buy firearms, they find some other mechanism to harm people, getting all stabby on people. But if you consider the number of guns that are in the United States of America, more guns than people, and the fact that they're all out there and yet there's not more gun violence there is illustrative of the fact that the vast, vast, vast majority of firearms owners are indeed responsible owners. So I find no problem with that. And I know all of the firearms owners that I am friends with, that I have shot with, and that I know they are responsible. There are people I trust all day long, and I certainly trust them as I do trust you with your right to keep in bare arms. So there's a lot of them out there. Soon enough world to get out on the street for criminal elements out there that you shouldn't go picking on folks given the likelihood that they own a firearm or have one on their person, has increased rather dramatically about twenty five fifty five ks detoxtation, local stories or phone calls if you care to call first. Odor exit works on the toughest odors, all natural, non toxic odor elimin as safe to use on and around pets and children. And I literally mean on because I have literally wiped out my dog's head with odor exit. In fact, did it last week. Went over to visit little Dolly of my daughter's dog at the farm and whatever the hell it is, they ran around and got into not very pleasant so after the bath and that didn't eradicate it. It's like the second time of the year, out came the odor exit. A little concentrate on a rag, eliminated that moment in time. Works on bodily functions, clothing, dead and rotting, decaying odors, like even when it's behind the wall. They have a method for getting rid of that smell flooring. It works on flooring permanently, getting rid of the odor of the in your flooring. So all services, all odors its odor exit with the exception of the Stanchi of politics. As I like to joke about. Ordered online, you will have it tomorrow if you order before three or find a store that carries outer exit. You can do that at the website as well. So check it out online comes with the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't get rid of the odor would used as directed, you get your money back, So buy it with confidence. Otero exit with no e od o rxit.
Speaker 3: Dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: There we go little theme song music for our legalized weed there in the state of Aisle. It's past I'm thinking things at dot com fine.
Speaker 4: Business to watch.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't have my hash pipe? Okay? So local stories include recreational marijuana will be legally for s on Ohio beginning today. All right, we went through that as the outset of the program. Moving on to other local stories. You can call though five went three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk at a reminder, head on over to fifty five care Sea dot com. Listen to what Congressman Warren Davids had Davidson had to say yesterday Christopher Smith aman with the Smith Vent and Monday, Monday, I'll be at the Congressman Davidson town hall Wednesday evening. Details there at fifty five care Sea dot com, so maybe you'll be there. Ask him questions, be more than happy to answer him to the extent he can't get through all the questions during the town hall event, and he promised the questions will be answered electronically. So No. Five d's of dodgeball when it comes to Congressman Warren Davidson. He's a good guy. I really like Congressman Davidson. So that's Wednesday night, and again, get your iHeartMedia app while you're at fifty five karosee dot com so you can stream the audio. And thank you very much the listeners who are streaming. I got the streaming numbers and the fifty five Karosee Morning Show number two in the entire iHeartMedia cluster here in the city. Huh did you hear about that?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: I could show you the numbers I got him from Rhino number two. I'll let you decide who's number one. But we don't have the reach of our sister station. But I truly appreciate folks listening and streaming through the through the app since I please say, one man is dead after a double shooting on Bishop Street happened yesterday. Dispatcher said the shooting happened in the thirty two hundred block of something.
Speaker 2: This stops.
Speaker 1: It's Bishop Street. University of Cincinnati sent a campus alert about the shooting about five pm. They sent an all clear message five thirty pm. I don't have any additional information beyond that double shooting on Bishop Street. Seventeen year old shot late last night and over the rune. According to CINCINNT Police, It happened about eleven pm in Grant Park on mcmickon Avenue. Police said the teen had hopped onto a metro bus and was found by officers in downtown Cincinnati near Walnut Street in Central Parkway. Teen shot in the lower back. Police said he was taking the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. They don't have any suspects yet in the shooting. Suppose if you have any information about that, the police would love to hear from me. Feel free to give him a call or call crime stoffers that default number three five two thirty forty. I think that number works in all cases, even if they don't specifically identify it as a number to call. Forty eight year woman under arrest for oh Joe, may I have an award to give out animal cruelty charges. LaVette LaVette Doherty hit a dog with a bat on Friday. Corner of the dog warden and the criminal complaint filed in Hamilton County Municipal Court. There's video footage from the deputy dog warden corner of the court records. She's from bond Hill's schedule appearing court. I guess yesterday and she was booked into the jail at eleven thirty two pm on Saturday. Corner of the jail records. She hit him with a baseball bat. I'm a dog lover, so Eeries.
Speaker 5: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche. Dum good goingduce. Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see here. Sixteen year old boy has been arrested for shooting and killing a fifteen year old boy in Corraine Township. Happened on Sunday night. It's the gun's fault. Coraine Township Police Department, reporting on this one corner identified the teenager as Damarian Palmisano. Shooting happened about nine pm in the three thousand block of Laverne Drive. Pau Masinod taken a ec arm Sorry University since a Children's hospital medical center with serious injuries. Please said, a sixteen year old boy was erected arrested for reckless homicide. During a subsequent investigation, that teenager taken to the Hamlin County Juvenile Detention Facility and so far not clear what led to the shooting. No other injuries were reported at this time. Please say that people involved with the shooting are cooperating with the investigation. You rarely read that these days, but anyone with information about the shooting police can get in touch with the Cole Raine Police Department. Five one three three to two to one cops. Five one three three two one cops. All right, that's what we got this morning by way of local stories. Coming up with five thirty five, I got stack of stupid to dive on into, or alternatively, love to hear from you if you've got a comment about something going on in the world. Feel free to call the Morning show and get in touch with Foreign Exchange because I want you to save money and I want you to have a great experience when it comes to repairing your imported car. You're gonna get it Foreign Exchange. Look them on, look them up online at foreign axform theletter x dot com. Ase certified master technicians, they know it all. They got the skill sets to fix your car. I don't care if it's which traditional manufacturer comes from, Asian or European. You're in the best possible hands. Austin and his team of ANCI certified Master technicians will fix your car and you will leave with a full warranty on parts and services. You can hang your hat on that full warranty and you can love the fact that compared to the dealer, you're gonna save a lot of money. I mean, go ahead and do your comparison shop and if you want, I know you're gonna save money Foreign Exchange. I do it all the time. I've been going there for years and years. That Westchester location is the Foreign Exchange out that we go to, and I know you're going to be in great hands. It's Tylersville Road, eggsit off seventy five really short drive east, so you take seventy five Tylersville Eggs at East two streets, hang around on Kinglin and you are there, and please tell them. Brian said, Hi, when you stop in or when you call for an appointment, I recommend you do it. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six again online foreign x dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: From there, here's your nine first one to wet forecast. A sunny day to day helid though ninety four for the high, over nine clowns, isolated rain as possible, seventy one for the low eighty five tomorrow's high.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of rain, not much though mostly cloudy overnight, milder sixty seven for the overnight low, and then a high at eighty seven on Thursday with mostly sunny skies seventy two degrees. Right now, it's time for first Traffics.
Speaker 2: Frindly U se up Tramfics Center here.
Speaker 7: Like sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities, give the gift up by sign up today to be an organ donor.
Speaker 2: Hi, wait, traffick not all that pad this morning.
Speaker 7: No overnight work crew slowing things down northbound seventy five. There's a broken down semi over on the right shoulder and buttermilk, but that's not causing a problem. Traffic continues in great shape into downtown Chuck Ingram on fifty five.
Speaker 2: K R see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty eight fifty five k see talk station halfy Tuesday. Whether or not it's because you're smoking legal weed in the state of Ohio. You can feel free to call if you'd like five went three seven eight hundred eight two three talk. Otherwise, let's get in the stack of stupid Sunday night spaghetti and returned violent, of course it did. When a forty one year old man threw pasta at his mom, hitting her in the head and leaving her splatter with sauce. Court of the police, they say Anthony Fiaco close enough had a verbal argument with the victim to turn physical in the Florida home where the victim, sixty one, resides with the accused. According to the cops report, the spaghetti made contact with the victim, who had spaghetti sauce in her hair the things police have to deal with. He allegedly fled the home and officers showed up after being spotted hiding behind a bush in the backyard. He sought to run away, but it was quickly corrowed by the police. Charged with domestic battery for the spaghetti incident, as well as resisting an officer, booked into the county jail on misdemeanor counts. No weapon seized by police. Not clear how long they see the Sunday gravy had been simmering. A man Joe Judge Ordan have no contact with his mom. It's going to be allowed a one time visit in the presence of law enforcement to retrieve personal belongings. As prior convictions for battery, trespass, violenting probation, throwing a deadly missile into a building.
Speaker 2: What I know that really?
Speaker 1: If that causes me to ask a whole bunch of questions anyway, the missile the missile, as they report, was a Heineken bottle he threw at an apartment window after being asked to leave a party. Apparently hit several individuals, obviously resulting in the charge. He's got anger management problems, I think argument early Saturday between began over doctor Asha Persad, a thirty four year old dentist, getting her husband Taco Bell and McDonald's for his birthday. That led to an argument, landing him on I know, isn't that the truth?
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: During the fight, which happened at twenty minutes after twelve, a m forsawd allegedly threw a soft shell taco at the thirty five year old birthday boy. It hit him in why are you doing on the right side of the face. When if patrolman responded to the couple Saint Petersburg as this tradition residence, the burrito was still on the victim's face. Now of course that I know, I mean image of a full burrito stuck to this guy's face. Not clear why in arrest report alternatively refers to the Mexican missile as a taco and a burrito. They suggest perhaps the investigator was actually referring to a tortilla. Details a bit sketchy at this moment in time. Victim has been married to Persad for five years, said he was not injured by the Taco Bell menu item after being read or right, she reportedly said she threw a burrito at the victim after he threw a bag at her. She was arrested for domestic battery misdemeanor, booked into the county jail, from which she was later released on her own recognizance. She and her spouse last year purchased their Florida home. I don't know why this is in here for half a million dollars. She grew up in Bangladore, Indy. A whole licenses in Florida and South Carolina, where the couple previously resided. I don't know how this helps her dental practice, and I imagine it doesn't. And you can probably fit this one in. Wait for it. Wait there it is. I can see you through my little video thing. I was waiting for him. He was distracted by work he's doing online. It's like, wait a second, where's that phrasing button? Anyway, scam began with a spoof phone call, ended with the Ohio woman being swindled out of six thousand dollars and then tricked into disrobing so that she could verify her identity via FaceTime with the fraudster. Victim told police in Mayfield Heights, Cleveland suburb, that she received a call on Tuesday from a number that appeared to be customer service line from Huntington Bank. Feels like a story from Tech Friday. Dave had her mail caller spoke with an accent. I don't know if that's important, but maybe a red flag told the woman that there was a potential fraudulent charge pending on her account. To safeguard her money to purported bank employees, that she would have to move her funds into a different account to avoid her money being stolen. While this guy was still on the phone with her, the woman sent went to a local Huntington Bank branch withdrew six thousand dollars. She was then directed to a nearby Chase Bank ATM where she deposited the cash into a Chase debit card through her phone's Apple Pay feature. After spending two hours on the phone with the man, the woman, whose name has been redacted from the police report, returned home and got another call from the fraudster who wanted FaceTime with her. A man who did not have his camera on asked the woman to provide them with a full body scan to verify her ID identity due to a failed transaction. Woman told police that she undressed and spun in circles on FaceTime to confirm her identity. The voice on the other end began to laugh. The woman realized that she'd been scammed. Police of subpoena various bank records, likelihood of identifying the perp, probably working from a call center somewhere out there outside of the United States, they suggest India. In the article part of the one being Defrauded US, the local sheriff had warned the area residents that they had been receiving scam phone calls from the same spoofed Hunting ten bank number. Got to pee on your toes out there in the world, folks, five forty six fifty five K see talk station and step back from your reality of what's going on in your world right now. Can you imagine, under any circumstance, a true bank employee asking you to get on FaceTime and disrobe And I feel sorry for this woman, obviously extraordinarily gullible. Common sense isn't anymore. Jimmycare fireplace and stove. It's an awesome time. Take care of your safety, and that's what it's all about this time of year. Safety because you're not using your fireplace at least most people aren't when it's ninety plus degrees out one hundred percent humidity. That's my view of life. But now it's a great time take care of safety. Have your chimney flu inspected, have the chimney inspected. Generally speaking, they'll check the venting and chimneycare, fireplace and stove. Aplus of a better business bureau. They know how to do literally everything. They could start from scratch and build you a brand new chimney and fireplace if you want. They take care of water issues. They do waterproofing, cap and damper replacement, chimney re lining. You could have had a chimney fire which would crack the lining. That is a dangerous situation. So take care of the safety or alternatively, upgrade have that new fireplace insert installed. They make some beautiful ones. The showroom has a whole bunch of them at four thirteen Wards Corner Road, along with three standing stoves as well. Been thinking about one of those. Perfect time to have it installed. So do the upgrades, take care of the safety, and that way you can hit the running this fall. So give him a call. Tom Bryan said, I've been around locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred online It's Chimneycareco.
Speaker 6: Dot Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 7: In Today's Marketers Report, Erica Taylor, chief marketing officer of jen Intech, weighs in on Audio's.
Speaker 1: Boot nine first warning weather forecast Today, hot and even ninety four, overnight, mostly cloudy, maybe isolated rain popping in there somewhere seventy one. The overnight low uh again, isolated rain during the day. Tomorrow high of eighty five, mostly cloudy, overnight partley cloudie in sixty seven, and he mostly sunny Thursday with a high of eighty seven seventy two. Right now, let's get an update on traffic from the.
Speaker 2: UCL Traumphate Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transaplanna from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor clean slate on the highways with the exception of a broken down northbound seventy five at Pottermilk. But he's over on the right shoulder and out of the way. I'm seeing no lady's out of Burlbanger into downtown in Bend, seventy fourst wide open pants, Montana Chucking Vermont, fifty five KRC deep talk station.
Speaker 1: It is five fifty two fifty five KRCD talk station. Dack O stupid or you can call back to Florida Crust View, Florida, specifically where a woman was arrested after allegedly killing her roommate's pet spider. What July fifteenth, roomate came home to discover that a pet spider was missing from its enclosure. According to local news, the roommate reached out to forty three year old Elena Rasmussen about the missing spider. She allegedly admitted to officials that she had drowned the spider. It was a jumping spider in ginger Ale.
Speaker 8: Do work that out.
Speaker 2: Motive remains unknown.
Speaker 1: She's facing misdemeanor animal cruelty charges over the death of the well. It was described as a pet worth seventy dollars. Joe, we pulled the room. Hey, would you spend seventy dollars on a spider? Now they do have the pet stores though, yes, I will acknowledge that. Chicago police looking for a man who said they attacked three people with a hatchet, life like object after he was denied free food by McDonald's cashier.
Speaker 2: Just away.
Speaker 1: Happen at eight twenty nine Sunday morning in a restaurant the seventy hundred block in Southwestern Avenue. Accord to Chicago Police, one customer there named Moe Cannon, speaking with CBS News Chicago. Man, this messed up, I'm reading that's that's the quote. Man, this messed up. They don't mess with nobody. We go to this McDonald's every day and they all cool people there close quote.
Speaker 9: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Obviously did not receive the classical education from a Hillsdale College affiliated school. Viol He said, he asked me for a dollar for some coffee. I ended up giving him a dollar and I gave him a Newport cigarette. He had an axe on him. I didn't know what he was going to do. Soon after, Cannon said he saw the suspect walk out of McDonald's. He said, I saw a little blood on the axe and he was smiling. He was smiling and walking with the axe like he was like this and eating a cookie. Old girl had a hole in her head and one lad was cut right here and one boy. He was cut in his face. I think again, a direct quote from the witness. Local media reported the drive through remained open, with the restaurant lobby was closed. Victims reportedly an eighteen year old man, two forty five year old, two forty five year old women, and McDonald's owner and operator Vincent Hale confirmed in a statement to local news there all are employees of the restaurant. He said, We're deeply upset by the violent attack that took place in a row yesterday morning, harming three of our own team members. Nothing is more important the safety of the employees and the customers. We offer full support for them as they recover. Three victims taking a local area hospitals. Eighteen year old and the forty five year old will listening in good condition, the other forty five year old in serious condition. Hours after this violent attack, people call police to report the suspect had returned to this scene. They are offered paid time off to recover. Isn't that nice? No offender in custody, but Chicago police told Local News the detectives are questioning an individual while the investigation continues. Joe, you noticed a precipitous increase in violent attacks and the stack is stupid at fast food restaurants or involving fast food. Thank you brother.
Speaker 2: Sticking out.
Speaker 1: Lots more to talk about in the six o'clock hour, including the reinvention of Kamala Harris. Yes, they are hard at work trying to convince you she is someone that she is not. Are they going to be able to do that? Are you that ignorant? Stick around? We'll talk about that, take phone calls as well. A whole lot on the list of topics to handle before we get to Todd Zenzer about raising taxes in this unbelievably inflationary period being a really bad idea, and I share his thoughts on that way. Have him at seven oh five.
Speaker 2: It's what motivates your vote the Democrats now and they were the racist back then.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRS the talk station, five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Bryan Thomas here, wishing you a very happy Tuesday, confining me to stick around all morning. You're gonna hear from Todd Zen's are coming up in a one hour. He wrote an enquire op ed discussing U gee, is it a good idea to raise taxes given the high inflation? And of course the property tax situation we're all facing here. Probably not. I'm going to go with a big hard no on that one. Todd Zends are coming up a one hour on that eight oh five, Fast forward two hours. Get the inside Scoop with Bright Bart News every Tuesday at eight oh five. Today the return of Emma Joe Morris, the political editor editor at Breitbart. We're gon be talking about Kamala Harrison, her career subject matter that I'll dive into here momentarily. Daniel Davis Deep dive every Tuesday at eight thirty Today, the war in Israel as well as the United States. Finally after multiple years giving F sixteen to Ukraine. Still wonder why what the Hell's going on with that one? Maybe Daniel Davis will be able to answer those questions. Three, because I'm puzzled, and hopefully the I ask the expert from UCE Health on uc Blood Cancer Healing Center. So that will take place at eight fifty. In the meantime, you can feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones and of course that iHeart Media app available on my blog page fifty five care Sea dot com. You can get that as well as a podcast. Listen to Congressman Warren Davidson who's doing a town hall on Wednesday evening Monday Monday with Brian James and Christopher Smitheman with the Smither event. All there at fifty five careseea dot com in the podcast. Let's forre we get to the uh the remaking or reinvention of Kamala Harris, which everybody's in the mainstream media is endeavoring to do. Let's see what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, Happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 11: Happy Tuesday, my brother. Thanks for taking my call on such a beautiful, hot summer day.
Speaker 1: It is a sticky one.
Speaker 11: What what's the problem with miss Kamala. I don't understand what everybody's complaining about. Well, is it a because because they're flip flopping and taking different positions or something. I don't understand why she does it? Morning Janna Jameson does, so we shouldn't be a problem with it. She's had a lot of practice. Any woman that's got a union book down the painters unions, you see more ceilings than Michael Angelo. So I don't know what the problems are.
Speaker 1: Wow, And you know you threw me a real curveball on that one, Bobby. I'm not even quite sure how to respond to those statements. I'm just gonna let them float out there for our listeners to absorb and they can take it for whatever it's worth. On that one, I'm gonna Okay, you have a good one, Bobby, And thanks for the laugh this morning, my brother.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kamala Harris has formally secured the coup de tah, getting the Democratic presidential nomination virtually. D NC announced yesterday after the conclusion of a five day virtual roll call of pledged delegates, that she has won the nomination. Of course, she was the only one under consideration given the coup a taf. They had no place else to turn. They were stuck with her. And with that I turned to Gerard Baker. Wonderful, wonderful analysis by Gerard Baker, the reinvention of Kamala Harris. Democrats stuck with Biden because they thought she was even weaker? Has that changed? God? Bless Youerard Baker for this one. The only real question for the ninety days remaining in this presidential campaign. Can Operation Transfiguration succeed? Can the Democrats in collaborative media pull off their recasting of Vice President Kamala Harris from the verbally maladroit, politically inept ruinous policy espousing electoral dud we have all seen over the past five years into the holy trinity of Joan of Arc, Harriet Tubman and Margaret Thatcher we have been presented with in the past two weeks brilliant, Can shall we say, the protective phalanx of Democrat aids, strategists, fundraisers, reporters, editors, influencers and Taylor Swift persuade enough voters to imagine a presidential future of what can be unburdened by the reality of the vice president, presidential candidate, senator and state attorney general that has been to or the lack of it, is the key to the operation's success. I say ninety days, but in practice they will need to keep the hype show on the road for just two months after the August of Jubilees. This week, the hosannas will ring anew when Miss Harris announces her vice presidential nominee. It's a sure bet that when the man is unveiled, we will be treated to a week of gauzy newspaper accounts of his genius and kindliness. Television pundits will explain another pair on the ticket represent the perfect distillation of American diversity. They will take their campaign on the road, Miss Harris, never more than a few feet away of her truly independent, indispensable companion, the teleprompter, and a much safer distance from any enterprising reporter who may ask a difficult question. Then we'll have a week of democratic convention like no other. It will open with bridget with Biden. Night only one, when the withered man in the party has just knife will be hoisted alof before adoring delegates and media panegyrists and hailed as Mount Rushmore Ready, that was awesome. Then three nights of tribute to the pantsuit pericles bidding around the country for the next four years, culinating in a peroration that will leave White House correspondents weeping. Operation Transfiguration may be the most audacious plan of political party has ever undertaken. It requires the effective deployment of the full two toolkit of press and social media deception, selective editorial amnesia, gas lighting, memory, holding the whole campaign is the political and a media equivalent of answering every questions voters may have about the pre July twenty one Miss Harris with four h four error page not found. He's brilliant. If you think I'm overstating this, as Gerard Baker again, if you think I'm overstating the extent to which Miss Harris is being reclothed casture behind back. Oh so many weeks ago, before President Biden's self immolated at the presidential debate, before a would be assassin nearly took down Donald Trump, before mister Biden was bundled out of the race till late June, a political epoch way when polling, punditry, and political logic all told us the same thing. Miss Harris was a loser. Her approval rating had been lower than even mister Biden's. For most of the past few years, many Democrats were saying privately and some publicly, that mister Biden were jettison from the ticket. There should be an accelerated primary contest because they couldn't risk letting the vice presidents simply ascend to the job.
Speaker 2: We're all familiar with why that was.
Speaker 1: Memories of Miss harris political identity as the most liberal member of a Senate that included Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, a presidential campaign five years ago in which she pledged to eliminate private health insurance, ban fracking, give benefits to illegal immigrants, and force gun owners to sell certain firearms to the government. More recent recollections over San Francisco bred extremism, such as when she helped raise money for the legal defense of rioters and looters in the summer of twenty twenty, and her role in helping mister Biden deliver a long list of economic, social, and national security failures for the country, most obviously at the border. All this is why so many Democrats were alarmed at the thought of a Harris nomination, the same nomination they now trumpet as triumphant. Only two things can derail Operation Transfiguration. The first is a focused, discipline of relentless Republican campaign that raises the debate above the vacuity of social media means and reminds voters that the Democratic candidate is the same person and her party is the same party that she was two weeks ago. The election has decided on the issues on voters' perceptions of the state of the country. Miss Harris is surely in as much trouble as mister Biden was. If the campaign is dominated by pointless assertions about Miss Harris's racial identity, or her maternal status or all the other entertaining little diversions. Miss Trump, mister Trump likes to indulge see Bobby's previous phone call. She may get away with skating past the realities of her past. The other is the media. Are they really going to guide this campaign gently across the finish line? Is there anyone left beyond hostile outlets with a modicum of journalistic dignity who's prepared to ask serious questions? Do serious reporting demand a press conference or two? Or are they all intent on doing what they nearly got away with doing for mister Biden for the last few years and cover for someone evidently incapable of holding office. Ouch. But that's the point, isn't it. You can't polish excrement. And if you don't like the current administration's policies, and you are in favor of, say, fracking or the secure border, or some sort of fiscal responsibility or literally anything that Kamala Harris is against then you're in bad hands here. Even though they're trying to paint her into something like a moderate, This orchestrated lying that's going on, it's just unbelievable, you know. I mean, the internet's great, the Internet's terrible, but we do have an internet that allows us to search and find out literally cheap in verse what she has said and stood for for decades as one of the most liberal people elected to hire office, most notably while she was in the Senate. Her record's there for all to look at and enjoy and consume. You think she's really changed over the last two weeks, of course she hasn't. But evil Orange Man six seventeen fifty five kres to de Talk Stations five seventeen, Era six seventeen. Feel free to call if i've wing three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and two to three talk And if you want to get your kitchen roomodeled, give John Ryan a call Prestige Interiors. That is a man with a lot of experience in kitchens, probably more than anybody else, because John Ryan's basically been doing a kitchen for the last thirty five years, and really, you know, I remember the talking to him when he was doing our kitchen. Ward of mouth. He did one kitchen in one neighborhood, and basically everyone who walked into the house and saw the kitchen, like I want my kitchen done by that guy, ended up doing five kitchens in one neighborhood. That's you know that word of mouth because he does wonderful work, and I'm here to pass along that word to you. We love the kitchen that John did for us. We gutted the whole thing, started from scratch, took him up on his suggestions with some great ideas about flow and form and function, and we got the kitchen that we wanted. You don't have to do a whole gut you can just do cabinets and countertops. He still be your true partner with your kitchen remodeling project from initial design to final installation, helping you mind your budget as well. Scall the man with the most experienced John Ryan, a Prestige Interiors A plus with a Better Business BERA and a member of the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Find him online and check out some of the work he's done in the past. Prestige one two three dot com Prestige one two three dot com. The number is five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two.
Speaker 6: Two nine fifty five krc iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Here's your nine first warning weather forecast.
Speaker 1: Sunny, hot Humaniday, high ninety four uh, mostly clouds every night, maybe a little bit of rain. Seventy one for the low, Tamora eighty five for the high. Mostly bottyl had rained overnight. I am mild sixty seven with partly cloudy skies, and Thursday is going to be a sunny day for the most part, high of eighty seven. Right now it's seventy two degrees. Let's see what Chuck has to say about traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the Gift of Life.
Speaker 2: Sign up to day to be an organ donor.
Speaker 7: Chris continue to work with an accident in Eastpound two to seventy five. After mostellar, they're over on the right hand side. Elsewhere traffic doing fine now southbound seventy five right lanes open again at Kyle's after being blocked up for a very short time by a work crew Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty five kerc DE talk station. Speaking of Kamala Harris's record, here we have an interim staff report from the House Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Immigration, Integrity, Security and Enforcement with some pretty troubling news the staff report Interim Staff Report I supposedly is gonna be a final one at sub some point.
Speaker 12: Though.
Speaker 1: The Subcommittee's interim staff report shows how the Department of Health and or DHS I should say between twenty twenty one and twenty twenty three released migrants on the federal government's terrorist watch list into the United States. Folks on the watch list were nonetheless allowed into the United States, accord to the report, under the Biden Harris administration, of more than two hundred and fifty illegal aliens on the terrorist watch lists who were encountered by border patrol of the Southwest border between fiscal years twenty one and twenty three, DHS has released into American communities at least ninety nine with at least thirty four others in DHS custody but not yet removed. It went on between fiscal years twenty one and twenty three. Border patrol of the Southwest border encountered aliens on the terrorist watch list from thirty six different countries, including places within active terrorist presence. Oh, let's run down on the Shalli, Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, Kurjikstan, Mauritania, Pakistan, Somalia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Huzbekistan and Yemen. You know when I read a list like that and I think, you know, I mean, Mauritania is in Africa, for God's sake, How in the hell did they get all the way from Africa down to the southern border. So far, the port said during fiscal year twenty twenty four, border patrol has encountered at tens of thousands of illegal aliens nationwide from countries that could present national security risk. Note FBI Director Rays assertions last month that we are like on the like a moment in time away from some terrible, horrific terrorist act here in this country. Gee, I wonder how or where those folks might have come from. Two and thirty four Afghan nationals. Again, this is just this year. Thirty three thousand, three hundred and forty seven Chinese nation, five hundred and forty one Iranians, five hundred and twenty Syrian nationals, three thousand, one hundred and four Uzbek nationals. The junior report circulated that federal agents had arrested eight Tagi Stan migrants linked to the Islamic State. I remember reading about that one not too long ago, after they crossed the southern border. Cord of the sub Commitee Interim Staff report. Three of those Isis linked migrants had been released in the US Interior after using the Biden Harris Administration CBP one app to schedule appointments for release at the southern border. Oh yeah, I am a member of terrorist organization. How am I going to get in the United States and safely secure my position there? Blending into the community for god knows how long before my hearing? Oh, here's the CBP one app. Get a load of this report details one case Mohammed Karwin, forty eight year old Afghan national member of the terrorists group has E Islami splitter, whom federal agents arrested in April after he had been twice released into the United States, first crossing the southern border in March of twenty three. Released that month into the US Interior, by the Dear of DHS March twenty four, after having been taken into federal custody, he was allowed to bond out of detention, not until reports exposed the case the following month was he finally arrested court to the report, in three and a half years, the Biden Harris administration has released more than five point four million illegal aliens into the United States, with an additional at least one point nine million known got aways escaping into the country. Among those more than seven point three million illegal aliens are three hundred and seventy five illegal aliens on the US government terrorist watch lists who've been apprehended by border patrol under Biden and Harris watch That's a more than three thousand percent increase of watch listed alien encounters compared to all four years of the Trump administration. She got a run on that record. Are they going to gaslight you in to believe that she's the best borders are we've ever had? Six twenty six fifty five KOC the talk station. You know I do not want and I told you so moment, folks. The last thing I want is a terrorist attack on American soil. I don't ever want to see that. I don't want people to die. I don't want anything to happen. I don't want to a society diserupted. I don't want to go into martial law. But you know, if it happens, I think it will be and I told you so moment six twenty seven Cover since he a great phone call to make is to cover Sincy. There is no obligation to you beyond just initiating a communication with John Rowman and the team at Cover Sincy. You can do it one of two ways, a number I'll give you in a moment, or the website which I'll give you a moment. Just ask to start the conversation about your current medical insurance situation. You probably have a massive out of pocket responsibility before the insurance kicks in limited networks. That's a real problem. You know, travel outside of just this sort of general area of living, like even to another county, you're not going to have coverage. That's a real problem. Traveling, planning, on going on vacation, you're not gonna have any medical coverage. Potentially, well, you know, John Roman can solve all these problems and so much more, like the cost the out of plocket responsibility. You can get dollar one coverage for you know, regular medical checkups and things like that, dollar one with less money monthly for the premium. He works with hundreds of insurance companies, access to thousands of healthcare plans, and he and his team look at each person individually. So like if you walked in and say I need to insure my family afford each person in the four member family is going to be looked at. You may have different insurance policies, but they address specifically your current needs. The goal to save you a lot of money and of course get get better medical coverage happens every single day. It's amazing what they can do for you. Cover since dot com even with wireeye covers, since he dot com comms the website, there's a form right there to initiate the conversation five one three eight hundred calls the number five one three eight hundred two two five five fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The truth and nothing. But this is a Sean Hannity Morning Minutes.
Speaker 13: You want to buy chicken breast by the pound. It's up twenty four point two percent, butter is up twenty four point one percent. You like soft drinks they're up twenty percent. You like flour, you want to bake something twenty six point seven percent. You want sugar, it's up forty seven point one percent, baking up twenty percent. Uncooked white rice that's up thirty percent. For crying out loud, you know people would think, all right, well you can eat fairly cheaply I did when I was poor. Beans and rice. Well it's not so cheap anymore. God forbid. If you want steak, it's up thirty percent. You want coffee, God forbid, you want a cup of coffee in the morning, that's up thirty six percent.
Speaker 2: And I can go on and on and on.
Speaker 13: Essentials bottom line are up three to five times more. It's more expensive under Biden.
Speaker 3: Harris keeping you on the straight path.
Speaker 14: Later today it's a Sean Hannity show.
Speaker 8: You know this is getting out of control.
Speaker 15: Our government is sinking one trillion in debt every one hundred days. That's right, a trillion dollars every hundred days. Do you want to bail the government out of debt?
Speaker 8: I didn't think so. I know, I sure don't.
Speaker 15: This is Linda, And when I worry about the national debt, I turned to safe haven assets like gold and silver, and that's why we partnered with the highest rated gold company, gold Co. They have earned over five thousand and five star reviews from tens of thousands of happy customers who diversified their savings with.
Speaker 8: Gold and silver.
Speaker 15: Today, gold Co is offering you up to eight years and free IRA fees plus eight percent instant match in bonus silver with a qualified account called eight five five eight one five gold for free IRA fees, bonus silver, free gold and silver Infocate.
Speaker 8: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 15: Safeguard your money with physical gold and silver for it's too late. That's what I did called eight five five eight one five gold eight five to five eat one five g O l D.
Speaker 8: That's eight five to five eight one five gold Hire.
Speaker 4: You'll bring us burn one from them to legal weed sale, music.
Speaker 8: Over to live.
Speaker 2: To light up before.
Speaker 1: Light mob five Well, Ben Harper burned one down in honor of recreational marijuana which is now legal legally for sale. Ohio Division of Cannabis Control announce on the sixth August sixth and today and the seventh the official days for businesses with dual licenses to start selling. So if you know where your medical marijuana dispensary is that is now going to be a recreational one as well. According to Michael Wells, director of revenue at Standard Wellness, I guess that's a clinic. It's amazing. It was announced five days ago. There's been a lot of work over the weekend, a lot of work on the months preceding this, said, Standard Wellness already sold medical marijuana. Now in business. He said, business was successful and now it's going to be even more so. I presume with legalized weed here in the state of Ohio, dispensaries expected to be flooded this week, so I expect folks from our neighboring states to come on into Ohio and frequent their local previously medical marijuana to get some legalized weed. Sixteen year old boy was arrested for reckless homicide. During a subsequent investigation, the teenager taking her to Hamilton kind of juvenile detention facility. Shooting and killing a fifteen year old boy in Colrain Township happened on Sunday night. Cording the Corraine Township Police Department Corner identified the teenager as Demari and Paul Messano. Shooting happened at nine pm roughly in the three thousand block a love Burne Drive. Paumasan had taken into the University of Sin Saint Children's Hospital Medical Center with serious injuries. Police said the sixteen year old boy was arrested for reckless homicide during a subsequent investigation. As I mentioned a moment ago teenager taking the Hamlin County Juvenile Detention facility. Not clear what led to the shooting. No other injuries report of this time. People said, people said, I'm sorry. Polease said people involved with the shooting are cooperating with the investigation, which I love reading that. Do you have any information? Corey and police would love to hear from me? Five one three, three to two to one. Cops our award winner from this morning a woman who beat a dog with a baseball bat. Forty eight women under arrest on an animal cruelty charges. Her name Lavett Doherty hit a dog with a baseball bat on Friday court to the dog warden in the criminal complaint fouled in Hamlin County Municipal Court. There is video footage from the deputy dog warden corner to the court records. Doherty a Bonnhills scheduled appear in court yesterday. No idea what happened. She was booked into the jail at eleven thirty on Saturday evening. Seventeen year old was shot late last night and over the Ryne Corny, Sincint Police about eleven pm Grant Park on mcmickon Avenue. Police said the team hopped into a metro bus. Was found by officers in downtown Cincinnati near Walnut Street in Central Parkway. Team shot in the lower back. Police said he was taking a CINCINNT Children's Hospital Medical Center. They don't have any information on the suspects in this shooting. Oh maybe we can get one more shooting in since I please say one man dad. After a double shooting on Bishop Street happened at thirty two Hunred Blog. University of Cincinnati had to send a campus alert about this shooting at five pm. The school sent an all clear message a half hour later. No additional information available on that. Thanks to Fox nineteen reporting five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones six to thirty five Here fifty five KCD talk station. Time for you to mention Suzette lows Camp mortgagees. That's what Suzette's all about. She's got the most experience in the mortgage industry, I think than any other human being in the United States. I know, maybe an overstatement. I don't know anybody in the mortgage industry other than Susette, and she is great. I know her while she is the nicest lady you're ever going to work with, and when it comes to mortgages, you know, really wants someone you want to want to work with, and she'll get you through the whole process very quickly, like she did for my daughter. You know, daughter and her boyfriend struggling dealing with a bank. I said, call Suzette, I advertise for her. I know she's gonna treat you great. And boy, they were in and out of that process in like two days. Financing secure. They're in living their dream right now. Veterans, you get one hundred percent of the home loan, one hund percent of the value, and you don't have to pay any mortgage insurance. What a great plan for the American veterans. She knows all about the plans that are out there other than that one. And with Susade in addition to all of the great customer service. There's never a junk fee or an application feed, just great rates at low cost. And being with Cross Country Mortgage, she can help you regardless of which state you hear my voice, all fifty states plus Puerto Rico. Reverse mortgages not an idea in my book, but if you are interested in that, she of course can take care of that. Getting some equity out of your home or buying that first house. She prides herself on finding, you know the options that are best available for you. So give her a call. She'll get right back with you. Even call her outside of business hours, she'll get back with you very quickly. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six three one three fifty one seventy six. Or you can send her an email. It's SU's at dot Low's camp los ekamp ss at dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 2: Marty bren I'm in here for.
Speaker 1: Try for the weather. Hot and human Today, high ninety four overnight isolated rain as possible, to drop to seventy one tomorrow eighty five. Isolated rain possible and are mostly cloudy skies partly cloud eumy night down to sixty seven and a high of eighty seven Thursday, with mostly sunny skies. See here's seventy two degrees at fifty five k City talk station. We'll see what Chuck has on.
Speaker 2: Traffic from the UCL Tramphics Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities give the gift of Fife. Signed up today to be an organ donor. Problems northbound seventy five a car fire completely ngulfed in flames on the left hand side at mitchell Is Banking traffic towards seventy four.
Speaker 2: All clear.
Speaker 7: Eastbound two seventy five now at Osteller from an earlier wreck. Chucking ramonth fifty five ker see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty fifty KCD talk station Happy Well legalized weed day. Just director City was watching local news. There's a distributor called Sunnyside Joe. Is that the name of it? This now, so I legalized weed. They open at seven am, and apparently there's a couple of dozen people already standing waiting to get in the front door. Let's go to the phones. We'll start win the order which they received which means west side.
Speaker 2: Jim.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to seeing you Marrow listener, Lunch of Jim and Jacks. Jim, Welcome to the program, my friend.
Speaker 16: Hello Brian Tomas. Yeah, as Christopher Smithman announced yesterday, we kind of broke it in last Friday. They have a couple before we have it this Wednesday. So that was a nice little meeting with Christopher always is he's coming down in his second office.
Speaker 1: I should say, yeah, I got to kick on.
Speaker 16: Got three quick points here, Brian. The speed hump call mean capital of the world, the West side of Cincinnati. Nobody's ever talked, nobody's ever talked about this. But I can't wait for about eight inches of snow coming down and the these snowplows hitting these things, and if it'll tear up the blades or tear up the cal mean, or how that's gonna work. I don't think anybody's ever addressed that. But way do you drive over here, buddy? I mean Glenway Avenue and and del High Pike, and.
Speaker 1: Well they got speed bumps on Glenway Avenue.
Speaker 16: Oh gosh, yes, up there by Phillil Swim Club. They sure do, they sure do. I know, you know what I'm talking about and you hit the first ones. Now I've learned you got to maneuver around these things. If you hit both speed humps in the outside, it isn't so bad if you if you hit one, then your rattles your fillings. But if you hit them at the same time, as long as nobody's next to you, uh, it's kind of a minor bump. But yeah, I can't wait for winter when there's like like I said, with snow, how they gonna tell there's there's no marque for these things and those plotles are going to plow into these babies.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you'll see.
Speaker 16: I mean they're all over the place over here, chiot.
Speaker 1: Not that anybody cares about people who own sports cars, but they typically are lower slung. Is there a possibility of those cars bottoming out? And you know if hitting them okay, good, at least that's nice.
Speaker 16: I hit them with the Mustang and it isn't very nice. But there's a lot of cars over here that have mufflers hanging down, So yeah, I don't know how that's gonna work. But my second point is that remember back in the day, I'm a little older than you, when we couldn't buy beer legally at age fifteen or sixteen, And not that I ever did that, but you would wait for somebody to come in and.
Speaker 14: Say, hey man, can you get me a six pack?
Speaker 16: We'll wait for these fourteen and fifteen year old kids at want quality weed? Know, be standing there going hey man, can you pick me up a little bit of the good cannabis in there?
Speaker 1: Well, don't you think that. I mean, you can grow it yourself. I mean under Ohio, Lana, you're allowed to grow your own weed. So I got to imagine some enterprising young people just start growing their own plants at home for purposes of selling it to their friends. Not that that would illegal, but I mean it's not hard to grow a weed plant.
Speaker 16: No, no, I can imagine. I've never tried myself. But you just don't know if anybody else wants the top quality without the growing.
Speaker 2: But now my third point.
Speaker 16: Because I know I'm pushing it, but when Todd comes on this morning, there was no mention of the article that was in last week about Charlie Lucan dropping off the railroad board and I'm kind of curious why he dropped off.
Speaker 2: Well that was, yeah, you're the little bird.
Speaker 1: I got that information from the first the first time you found out about it, you let me know, and I was more curious as to why he dropped out as compared to the fact that he had dropped out come he was something political, some infighting, because he was always labeled as one of the more, you know, real liable members in spite of his political affiliation. I mean, Charlie, I think is a respected guy and I certainly would trust his opinion over some of the others.
Speaker 2: Purval.
Speaker 16: I think he actually got tired of seeing city Council and the mayor going to be spending this money. Todd will go into it if you ask him. But my question is is I wonder if our good friend Amy will be the next one to drop off because of her morals about the fact that she was wrong on this deal and all the people had voted for this thing that didn't know what the particulars were, and I'm kind of sorry they voted for it.
Speaker 1: Now, well, it's a legitimate question. I haven't talked with Amy Murray in a long long time. I don't know if I haven't either, Brian, all Right, it makes me feel better because I thought maybe I had alienated her for some reason.
Speaker 16: No, she called me four or five times before this, trying to convince me that I was in the wrong, and I haven't heard a word since the voting. So I'd be kind of curious to see if she'll follow Charlie because she stood in our meeting up here and said she would never ever vote to for the sale, and then she changed her mind. So I'm just kind of curious if she'll be the next one. But yeah, it'd be nice for Joe if he could possibly get Charlie on. I doubt it, but to see why he did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you'd think inquiring minds of want to know. Maybe the inquirer with an inquiring mind might ask that question, do a little reporting on it. Maybe WCPO or Channel twelve or Channel five. And we do have Fox nineteen. A lot of local news outlets still exist. I'm surprised now be followed through with the inquiry on what Charlie's deal is with the board.
Speaker 16: Anyway, Well, I will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Jim as always, Jim and Jackson the River about eleven thirty for the listener launching. Yeah, Smithman will be there, but more important, west Side Jim will be there six forty six this morning.
Speaker 12: R J.
Speaker 1: If you don't mind, I promise I'll take your call right out of the gate. Used up all the time with west Side Jim there. And I got to mention plumb Tie plumbing because I want to refer you to great plumbers and it's always plumbing done right. They live by that motto plumbing done right. Probably serving the greater Cincinnati area, my friends in northern Kentucky, my friends in the Dayton area, plumb Tight. Their mission is to provide you and they will with truly exceptional customer service. The plumbing experience is going to be a great one. Licensed plumbers with great customer service and affordable pricing. It's always fair and ethical with plumb tighte plumbing, and it's a plus for a better business. Real they've been that way since their inception. Just so many satisfied customers and me included among them. Any plumbing job, how big, how small, does not matter. From Foster's the toilets, leaky pipes, water heaters, some pumps, basement backups, water pressure issues, drain cleaning. Their masters of the trade, and they'll communicate and follow up. They'll give you lasting solutions that'll solve your problem for the best possible price. So call them at five one three seven two seven tight t I T E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. Online you'll find them at plumtight.
Speaker 6: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Donald, try for the weather, hot and human today with sunny skies on high ninety four overnight maybe isolated rain clouds and seventy one for the low eighty five tomorrows high with mostly cloudy's skies and I meydia chance of rain, milder sixty seven low Wednesday night and a mostly sunny Thursday with high eighty seven seventy two degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic from Chuck.
Speaker 2: Ingram from the UCL Tramthic Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Problems Northbound seventy five in Sant Crenard left two lanes are currently blocked off thanks to a vehicle fire. That fire is now out, but plenty of emergency crews on the scene. Traffic banking up towards seventy four. All clear, he's found two seventy five at mostellar from an earlier wreck. Chucking ram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty to fifty fou KRCD talk station Todds insert, why would we raise taxes when you're the current inflationary situation the city of Cincinnati. Have we be talking about the top of the our news and the meantimes go to the phones. RJ, thank you so much for holding over the break, welcome the program, Hello here and the okay, yes, sir, A loud and clear coming in great.
Speaker 14: It didn't sound like it clicked out or anything.
Speaker 12: Anyway.
Speaker 14: I was wondering about House Bill sixty eight. I understand that they passed at Mike de Wine vetoed it in December. They overrode its veto. And now there's a case out here, and I've heard it on the news and I'm looking at the details of it here on the Internet that there's a case here where they've they've had an injunction for it because somebody, I guess the a c LU got involved and they want this particular individual to get hormone therapy, and maybe it's even more aggressive than that. I think it's because the parents said they're gonna, they're very said they may they may commit suicide. It's not like child abuse to me, but that's what they're doing. I'm just wondering what's the status of uh of these uh uh these rulings doesn't mean that everything else is on a hold and other cases can go forward as well? Or is it or what does it mean?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think it's still uh a bogged down in court proceedings, if I recall correctly, it's been a while. Uh huh. Let's see. After reviewing attorney generally submergency request, House Supreme Court rejected the state's attempt to narrow the scope of the t r O. There's a temporary restraining order on it, so I I understand. I guess it's in litigation. I mean my understanding and my recollection, and please do not hold me to this because I haven't paid much attention to that one for a while. It is the idea of protecting adolescents from irreversible decisions about their gender and to ensure fair competition in sports, in other words, keeping men from competing against women. So that's the basis of the bill. I think it was put on hold by a court, so it's currently in litigation. I guess it's on hold pending outcome of litigation. That's the best I can do for you right now on the fly, quick internet search after you called. So if that's the case, an injunction, putting an on hold means of course that it has no impact until after the case is over. So I'll let you know when I get any more information on that one. Apologies, I am caught slightly off guard by that, but I can't be on top of all things at all times. Real quick. Going back to the border, this is insanity going on. And you know the Chinese Communist Party is responsible for our fentanyl problem. I hope everyone is painfully aware of that. That is an easy, easy, easy one. They can wage war without directly waging war just by selling the precursor chemicals and letting these labs in Mexico and elsewhere manufactured. It's not that difficult to do it. Just recent article I read on that Gosh, I wish I could give credit where credit is due. I think it was four Forbes, but they went out and they bottle the precursor chemicals on the Internet. You can use dark web or regular web. They'll ship it either to Mexico or here to the United States, sometimes labeled in packages which mislabel it anyway. It's a very porous situation which allows the Chinese Communist Party to yes flood US with fentanyl and get a load of this one. US Customs and Border Protection officers there at Lukeville, Arizona made one of the largest caesars of fentanyl ever. Officers there at that port of entry discovered approximately four million fentanyl pills more than one thousand pounds two hundred and thirty four packages hidden in the frame of a trailer truck that was trying to cross the across the border cord of the Customs of Patrol. Officers at the same port reported about two hundred and seventy pounds of methamphetamine were seized the last several days. Second seizure occurred July twelfth, when a forty five year old Mexicans citizen in a Ford toting utility trailer sought to enter the United States, and inspection using an X ray device and a canine inspection team led officers to thirty nine packages of methnfetamine with two hundred and seventy two pounds total and additional five pounds of cocaine street value for those two seizures alone, more than twelve point six million dollars. Where is the demand coming from? And we already they killed one hundred and seven thousand and nine and forty one Americans and one year alone, that was twenty twenty two, and I bet there were more last year. And of course, be prepared and be worried, and don't go out into the world to buy drugs. You think you're going out and buying fill in the blank, whatever pill that's not supposed to be fentanyl. According to the deea one pill can kill. Warning out to the public, they say one in seven counterfeit pills marketed by Mexican drug cartels contained ventanyl and a deadly dose of it. Warn your young people about that they're out there buying adderall folks, whether they're cramming for exams or want to stay up late and party or whatever reason. That adderall you'll find on the street very well could contain fentanyl. That's just one of a multitude of drugs out there on the street. Street drugs that are tainted with fentanyl in a deadly dose. Six fifty six. Let's talk taxes. Todd Zenzer joins a program off the top of the our news. Why would you raise taxes under these current inflationary times we live in? Coupled with the crazy property taxes we're all paying, sounds like a recipe for disaster for the city. Todd will comment on that after the news.
Speaker 16: I don't care about anybody else.
Speaker 2: It's what motivates your vote.
Speaker 11: There's evil for Verden and they're trying to destore.
Speaker 2: Or fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored.
Speaker 1: Here picked about Kars de top station Brian Thomas rashin a very happy Tuesday. I hope you can have on anyway, and looking forward to one hour from now inside Scoop with bright Bart News, we return of Emma. Joe Morris, the political editor, talk about Kamala Harris and her career versus what they're trying to shove down our throat and how they're trying to reframe her. Follow by Daniel David Steve De Wei'll talk to war in Israel and giving warplanes to Ukraine. In the meantime, I am so pleased to have in studio a friend of the City of Cincinnati. He is an astute observer of matters relating to the city financing and what they're doing and what they're not doing. Todd Zenzer. He resides in West Price Hill. He retired as an Inspector General of the US Department of Commerce after thirty one years of conducting audits and investigations of federal officials, programs and operations. He's a certified fraud examiner, which makes him ideally suited to take a look at this ridiculous reality we're facing right now on the heels of selling the railroad, which was going to solve all our problems in Todd Zinzer, I'm glad to see in studio. Welcome them back, my friend, Thank you, Brian. No new taxes, No new taxes. Wait, that's why we sold the railroad, right, no new taxes.
Speaker 9: That's right. Our mailboxes were flooded with flyers and very boldly stated, and all those flyers was no new taxes.
Speaker 1: Were any of those statements attributed to specific public officials, like, for example, the mayor or? Was this just like a political action committee bought and paid for by the Railroad to sell this to us, making statements without having elected officials back them up.
Speaker 9: Right, It was basically the political action committee. But you know, the mayor did star in a number of TV commercials, and I think we need to go back and look at those commercials and see if he promised no new taxes over the television.
Speaker 1: Well, let us be honest with our souls. Even if he didn't personally say that, I think he owed the City of Cincinnati's residents and obligation to say, hey, hey, hey, they're telling you no new taxes. But that is not necessarily the case. We may indeed look at new taxes, so we're hoping we don't need to raise them. However, I have never said that I will not raise taxes. We heard none of that.
Speaker 9: I agree with you, Brian. We did not hear any of that.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Typical politicians. Anyway, you reade a great op ed piece. Of course, raising Cincinnati's earnings tax a bad idea on the record inflation, I would just put a period after raising Cincinnai's earnings tax a bad idea.
Speaker 9: Yes, there's there's uh, there's a one point three billion dollar budget that the city operates that is a lot of money, and the idea that we want to raise the earnings tax zero point one point five or whatever the proposal is. But they don't tell you how much that's going to raise, and they don't tell you what we need it for. They're just going to either sprinkle it along around the budget or they have some purpose that they want a fund that they're not telling us about. They really kind of treat us like children.
Speaker 1: They do. And then when they do say why they want it, they use, you know, broad, nebulous, undefinable terms, like to bring investment into the community or something, and we have no idea what that means.
Speaker 9: Right, They're claiming that part of it's going to go to increase their work on economic development, so they're going to spend more money on economic development. And they claim that a piece of it is going to go to public safety, A very small.
Speaker 1: Piece, very small piece public safety.
Speaker 9: But one of the things that I was looking at was over the next five to eight years, the city is going to have an income or there's four hundred million dollars that are going to go into the Western Hills Whydock, there's two billion dollars that are going to go into the Brent Spence Bridge.
Speaker 2: Right, there's two.
Speaker 9: Hundred million dollars going into the Convention Center renovation, and all of that is going to bring in earnings taxes.
Speaker 1: That's true all the construction workers that's working in the city limits.
Speaker 9: Right, and in just emotionally, there's about twenty to forty percent. It's a wide range, but twenty to forty percent of that money spent on construction is going to be for salaries. And it would be somewhat easy to give the citizens an estimate about how much money we're going to bring in based on all this construction. And that's just the major construction project.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 9: You see they've got a couple of major projects up there. You can have other development across the city. What's that going to bring in? And if that brings in a certain amount of money, do we really need a tax increase?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm certain that we don't. If they just allocated funds properly and you stuck with core, good, core services like roads, bridges, infrastructure, public safety, we'd be fine with the money we've got. And you know, I'm on a quest to get Fred's road fixed. I don't know if you've heard him Fred called it several weeks ago, self identified black man lives in the city of Cincinnati. We were talking on a national level politics. He said, you know what, I just want my street fixed. I just want my street fixed. It was like, you know, damn it. There you go. That's the failure of local government. They've got more potholes and more decrepit, broken down roads and bridges and infrastructure they have neglected for years and years and years, all in favor of throwing money in some sort of feel good nonsense while everything around us falls apart. You've got to service and repair and maintain what you already have in your possession.
Speaker 9: Right So they're going to go around and campaign for reelections saying that they have fixed the infrastructure project when not a single pothole has been filled with that railroad money. And they're going to go around and say we fixed the housing issue because we passed connected communities and not a single development has been built based on the rezoning or the rezoning reform, and it's all ten years down the road. The benefit of the railway sale is going to be ten years down the road. Connected community is going to be ten years down the road. But they're going to campaign like they have fixed these problems.
Speaker 1: Well, real quickly here revisiting the point of selling the railroad. Now, we were getting a very comfortable annual lease payment from the railroad that we own, leasing it to Norfolk, Southern Netting, the City of Cincinnati. What was it, twenty five to thirty five million dollars annually.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was it was gonna be. Under a new lease, they could have gone up to thirty five or even forty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's guaranteed regardless of where the market goes.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 1: So we sell the railroad, we get one point six billion dollars and they put it into a managed fund and the railroad board manages it right.
Speaker 9: Well, they hire a financial outfit to manage the money. I'm not exactly sure what the board does at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have some sort of you know, full oversight role and responsibility with managing the financial managers, in other words, oversight of the firm that they chose to manage the money.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 1: Charlie Lucan quit. He was one of the more reliable folks that was on the railroad board. At least I believe that maybe an overstatement. But I've seen the list of folks that are on the board other than Amy Murray. I'm not sure I get a whole lot of comfort from them. But he quit and what one day later? The market tanks?
Speaker 9: Yes day later, and it's a serious crash. It was a serious crash and it affected just about every stock that is out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you got a four h one k, go ahead and check your balance, right, And you don't want to do that necessarily because you're supposed to just let it go in long term it but in terms of what the city might potentially earn, this is not shaping up to be a real great banner year for the one point six billion dollar investment, Isn't it right?
Speaker 9: They had a good first quarter and they crowed about that. But I would like to see somebody come out and say how much the portfolio lost based on the crash this week?
Speaker 4: And if we continue in many many, many people and financial planners and investors lots smarter than I am, were talking about potential recession.
Speaker 9: Now that's right, That would not be good.
Speaker 1: So is it possible? And you're a numbers crunching kind of guy, is it possible? The city will take in less than what the least payment was that we were getting under the prior arrangement.
Speaker 9: Well, I hope not. There are controls that were put into the statute that limits how much the fund has to disperse to the city based on the performance of the portfolio. They are guaranteed a minimum of twenty five million dollars even if they have to.
Speaker 1: Dip into principle. The principle great. Can you imagine this year, the first year that the funds are supposed to generate revenue, that they actually have to dip into principle right out of the gate?
Speaker 9: I hope not.
Speaker 1: You me both will continue with Todd Zen's or more analysis of this and the situation since say and let me ask out loud, sort of a segue into the next segment, what does economic development mean? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Pause?
Speaker 1: Todd Zens will be back after I mentioned Color Electric the great Electricians at Culin Family on an operator and Andrew Cullen has got a great team of license electricians, journeyman electricians or journey women. In the case of Lily, she's awesome. I love Lily. She's not to slight any of the other electricians from Color Electric, but She's just such a great lady. Been with Andrew Cullen, I think for more than twenty years. She's a well oiled machine when it comes to running a team. And I watched her at work on the can line and all the work that they were doing with that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They also install my whole home generator. Of done other electric projects around my house. And it's electric projects big and small, from rewiring your whole home to installing a simple outlet. You're in great hands when you call the folks at Colin Electric. They enjoy an A plus with a better business veil. You get a ten year wiring warranty on all the work that they do for you. The folks with the right connections five one three two two seven four one one two. Please tell Andy and the team. Brian said high when you call five one three two two seven four one one two. More informations available online You go to Cullen, c U, L E and Cullin Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC and iHeart Radio Station, the exclusive audio home of NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 1: iHeart of Your nine first forty one four cast sunny day to day, hot human ninety four for the high night of seventy one overnight, maybe some rain isolated tomorrow high eighty five. Isolator rains possible, mostly clotty skies, milder at overnight to sixty seven and sunny on Thursday with a high eighty seven seventy two degrees. Right now, and see what Chuck Ingram has on traffic.
Speaker 2: Conditions from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities give the gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Northbound seventy five starting to move a little bit better through Saint Bernard. Only the left lane remains blocked from the earlier car fire at Mitchell. Traffic continues heavy from before seventy four, and inbound seventy four packs past Montana. Southbound seventy five. There's brink lights in and out of Lachlan. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sevent nineteen fifty five KR Seed Talks station, Very Happy Tuesday to in studio Todd Zenzer. Of course he knows all there is about auditing investigations of Officials and Programs and Operations certified fraud examiner, he is. And we're talking about the connected communities as well as the sale of the railroad, and of course economic development, which is apparently the default words used to describe what they're going to use the additional property tax money for economic development. Now that the citizens of the City of Cincinnati are going to be able to vote on this, this earnings tax increase.
Speaker 9: Yes, it requires a change to the Cincinnati Charter and that requires a vote of the public.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, the city did just recently got that listed twenty five or so items that they need to be done to address the global problems in the City of Cincinnati, point A to point B. Correct, And among all of the recommendations in there, one of them was raising the city earnings tax.
Speaker 9: That's correct.
Speaker 1: And that's the only one that the mayor and others on council have advanced in order to bring about and write the ship of the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: Sharon Coolidge interviewed the mayor the other day, and that was the one recommendation that he has weighed in on. The kind of how do you refer to.
Speaker 2: A dodged and yeah, the five d's of dodgeball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dodge, dip, duck, dive, and dodge, And you're right, I read that and it was indeed. Yeah, all right. Now, let's assume for the sake of discussion here that he gets his way to mayor does and those who are seeking to increase taxes. How could that possibly result in economic development? You know what happens if the business is already in the city of Cincinnati and they have opportunities outside of maybe even the county where the tax environment and the commute environment and the parking situation and the overall ability to do business for less money exists. See Claremont County, Butler County, Warren County. That's where they go. We just saw that happen. What was it with P and G or no gege and.
Speaker 9: Don't forget about Newport and Covington and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry to my friends in the Commonwealth. Yes, yeah, hangar open for business starts up. They're booming over there.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: So you're advertising to the world that it's going to be more expensive to do business in the city of Cincinnati. You're going to raise earning tax How could that possibly be a magnet, and what would you do with the money that could sort of transform that obvious problem into a plus. How do you spend money to get people to come into the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a good question because one of the other recommendations of the Cincinnati Futures Commission was to establish an Office of Strategic Growth and Development, I think was the name of it, and to fund it at ten million dollars. Meanwhile, they have a Department of Economic Development that gets five million dollars, and it's I think what they think is that they if they hire people to go out and attract businesses and work with businesses directly to kind of navigate through all the permits and requirements and things like that, that people or that businesses will come to the city. Housing developers will develop houses. And they all think that government is the key to economic development. Government is not the key to economic development. It's it's the private sector that's the key to economic development. Government spending is why we have inflation, it's not it's not the key to economic development.
Speaker 1: Well, in a deteriorating infrastructure and a deteriorating crime situation, those are two things that are within the ability of the City of Cincinnati to fix Yes, six Threads Street, that's.
Speaker 9: Right, that's right. You have to go out and give the people the infrastructure they need for their quality of life. And if you establish a safe city, if you invest in public safety, fire police, uh, and you build the infrastructure, it makes the city more attractive. That that's what they should be working on. And one of the one of the good things that the Cincinnati Futures Commission reported it's a it's a very difficult report to reach, is the horrendous morass of processes for developers to go through in the city.
Speaker 1: The bureaucracy is the killer.
Speaker 9: That's correct, and for example on connected communities. The big justification for that was that the variance process that the city has is a detriment to development. So we're going to get rid of the variance process. We're just going to rezone across the board and that way housing developers will not have to come in and deal with the variance process. Well, that's exactly what the Cincinnati's Future Commission was criticizing the city for was their processes. Why not fix your processes instead of rezoning fifty percent of the city.
Speaker 1: You know, it just reminds me of Elmer hens Or, God love Elmer hens Or, owner Queen City Sausage. And he's retired now, but he's still alive and kicking. But he expanded Queen City Sausage. It's an industrial area of town. There was nothing around other than that type of business. And all he wanted to do was keep the same area, just build on and expand his facilities so he could what maybe hire more people and sell more product and yes, make more taxable income for the City of Cincinnati. It took him forever. He wanted to invest, and he got roadblock after roadblock after roadblock. People did no, no, no, And I just, for the life you, I don't know why. This isn't like he was building a new sausage factory in a residential community or something. All he was was expanding where he was already and it took him forever. He had to do it call in special favors from like Amy Murray or other council people that he had access to to like greased skids. It should never have had to have been greased.
Speaker 9: That's exhibit one, Brian, that is exhibit one. And if the city could just take an issue like that, the internal processes and focus on that and fix it. That's probably better than the other twenty four recommendations that the Cincinnata Futures Commission came up with.
Speaker 1: Seven to twenty five. Will continue with Todd Zenzer, Jesus, just mind boggling, mind boggling. And these are the folks in whose hands we place, you know, our life decisions cool, Lean Arrow LLC. You own a business, you want to have a successful business. You know some of your business processes may be impeding you because everything must work together for a well oiled machine to work, and it needs to be a well oiled machine. That's what Lean ARROWLLC is all about. Their consultants have been spent have spent decades in Fortune five hundred companies honing their skills across every business function. That would include strategy, quality, sales, manufacturing, supply chain engineering EHS, and facility consolidation. So what they do is they come in and they do a complete top to bottom analysis of your business to find out why you're struggling with maybe low morale, high employee turnover, poor quality of goods and services, late delivery, poor financial performance. Let Lean Arrow do a deep dive and write your ship with a better method and better business plan. Right now, for a limited time, they're offering a complementary business evaluation for qualified businesses. To learn more about lean Air LLC and what they can do for you, and to fill out a form to see if your business qualifies for this complementary evaluation, go to Lean Arrow llc dot com. That's lean Arrow llc dot com. Fill out the forma sy if you qualify, and start realizing your business's potential.
Speaker 6: Today fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here's your nine first one to weather forecast.
Speaker 1: Sunny, hot, humid day today I in ninety four is going to be isolated rain over night under mostly cloudy sky's seventy one Mars high eighty five, mostly cloudy with isolated rain possible, partly cloudy night with low sixty seven, then a mostly sunny Thursday with a high of eighty seven seventy two. Right now, let's hear about traffic Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Train tingk Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. North Bend seventy five is now slowing between Buttermilk and Kyle's. Then very heavy above hoppoled towards Mitchell, where crews continue to work in that lane. From the Girl your Car fire in Bend seventy four backs above Montana. There's an accident blocking the right lane eastbound on the Reagan Highway at seventy one Chuck ing ramon fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: At seven thirty on a Tuesday, and a happy one for you when are from now Daniel Davis de die of the war in Israel and giving war planes to Ukraine. Preceded by the inside scoop of bright Bart News. Emma Joe Morris, the political editor, is gonna be talking abou Kamala Harris and her career compared to what the mainstream media is telling us. Her career was like rewriting history and in studio fraud expert Todd Zenzer who was all over the railroad sale. Todd regularly appeared in the Morning Show. He had done so many numbers crunching and breakdowns of why selling the road was a bad idea. We were all sold to bill of goods, and voters of the city of Cincinnati obviously fell for because they practiced. They promised no new taxes. And meanwhile, of all the things that the of all the recommendations from the sinceinne Futures Commission, the one thing they've latched onto is raising property tax or raising the earnings tax, which Todd and I are have been agreeing together all morning is a really atrocious bad idea, most notably given the current state of the economy and the fact that the city's residents have all struggled with property tax increases too. Todd, that's one of the elements of the inflationary realities we're all dealing with.
Speaker 9: Well, one of the things, Brian, that they stuck into the budget that they haven't really talked about is that the city also increased the millage on property taxes. They were holding to four point one millage and they have and the charter allows them to go up to six point one, and they went ahead and they've gone up to six point one on the millage. So they've also raised property taxes.
Speaker 1: Now, was that increase reflected in the most recent property tax bills? We got the first ones post triennial or whatever audit.
Speaker 9: As far as I know, because it's in the twenty four to twenty five budget for the city, so there was a property tax increase at the city and put in as.
Speaker 1: Well, there's just never enough money for them, and no.
Speaker 2: There isn't.
Speaker 9: And instead it would just be prudent for them to start looking for ways to save money. For example, the city has a green plan. Well, first of all, the city has plans coming out their ears. Yes, they plan everything, and they have a green plan that they have a budget for five million dollars a year. Now, say what you will about climate change and saving the planet and things like that, but should we be raising taxes now, during inflation and impending recession in order to save the planet, or should we go ahead and take care of things now and put money into saving the planet down the road. I think that that's five million dollars just sitting there for the taking in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, and no one yet has addressed the question those who think that, you know, any given city should be, you know, taking efforts to save the planet. You can't fight the uphill battle. That is China and India and other major global polluters who continue to rapaciously soak up all the fossil fuels and coal and use them and expand their use of those fuels, belching this allegedly evil carbon into the atmosphere which we all share globally.
Speaker 9: That's right, and I think there are people in the city or residents that are conscientious about recycling and.
Speaker 2: That's me saving energy, that's me.
Speaker 9: And all the rest of that, and that's what we should be promoting, not building ev charging stations and all the other green plan elements that they have come up with. And the planning staff costs one point three million dollars a year. Oh great, and I don't know what we do with all these plans. So there's a lot that could be done with the budget where you could shave off and save some money. And the idea is to start saving money now, because the worst thing you could do in a public budget is start and off employees. We do not want to lay off employees. So they should have some plan for a buyouts or not backfilling positions. They should be prepared when the recession hits that they don't lay off our employees because that is not a good good thing.
Speaker 1: Well, and doing a planning strategy along those lines. I'm gonna give credit to, let's say, Dusty Rhoades he gets into the auditor's office, and rather than replace the employees as attrition goes along, he doesn't. He creates a leaner, better way which requires fewer employees to do the same amount of work. That's the future. Let's get to that point. And like you said, don't backfill the employees just because the space opens up. Evaluate whether the position is really necessary or not. What kind of value you getting out of that particular job.
Speaker 9: So maybe they're doing that, but you know what, if they're doing it, they're not really telling people they're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the kind of thing they need to telegraph to the constituents because that is what we want to hear.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 1: Voters need to see efficiency in governm, especially when they got their hand out to ask for more money.
Speaker 9: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: More Todd Zinzer at seven thirty five to fifty five air ce DE Talk station, want to mention USA is insulation speaking of me, I'm we strive in the Thomas House will to be as energy efficient as possible.
Speaker 2: I mean, I bet my house.
Speaker 1: Could be LEAD certified over the years, you know, because we're doing the right thing for our bottom line. You know, the old windows were bad. We got triple pain windows. Those are energy efficient, right, got a geothermal system far more efficient than your traditional HVAC system. So that's what we're doing. We got some premium foam in the exterior walls about my walls, some of them the interior walls for insulated purposes. And the roof, our brand new roof from a couple of years ago. Huge in USA premium foam. It covers the whole inside of that roof. And I tell you, the temperature of that cross space up there is the same as the house. I don't have any issues. It really works wonderfully. And if you have an older home, and my home is a new er one, but an older home, no insulation in the exterior walls are very low insulation like my daughter's home with an R twelve in goes the foam either in the end empty space for zero insulation homes built before the mid seventies, or along with under insulation highest OAR value phone on the market. You pay for that phone, they will insulate your attic for free. And then along comes the federal government incentivizing you to do something you should do anyway, which is improve your comfort and save money. They're going to give you twelve hundred dollars. It's like writing a check from the federal government. Uh so do that on your taxes next year. After you pay for the phone and again pay for the phone nets. You a free attic insulation. It's a free inspection and free quote. So if you're quite you're not quite sure about whether there's sufficient insulation and that older home of yours, just call USA. They'll find out for you. And if you have one built before the mid seventies, you definitely need to make a call. So get the free quote. The product will pay for itself. You'll notice the comfort improvement. Day one five one three, three eight one three sixty two six five one, three, three eight one Foam online, USA Insulation dot Net fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 2: Steve perrins coordinated Financial.
Speaker 1: Sunny, hot and human Today, I going up for ninety four, down to seventy one overnight maybe some isolated rain eighty five, with maybe some isolated rain tomorrow, mostly clotty, a partly cloudy over night, down to sixty seven and mostly sunny Thursday eighty seven. It's seventy two. Now let's hear about traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities get the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Traffic continues to build northbound seventy five out of Arrow Langer into Downtown close to a ten minute delay over a five minute delay northbound four seventy one from Grand northbound seventy five through Saint Bernard. That's getting better. The earlier car fire has been clear, left lanes open again. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KERR cd coalk station Happy Tuesday. Brian Thomas with certified fraud examiner, among a back additional background points to make him eminently qualified to talk about the cities Cincinnati, Shenanigan's going on here and I am making a Shenanigan's declaration. Todd Zenzer and Studio. You make a great point in your op ed piece which served as the springboard for this conversation, raising Cincinnti's earnings tax a bad idea mid record inflation passum. Let me interject real quick here, how likely is it the vote which the citizens will get on a tax increase. How likely is it that is eminent? Is it going to be on the November ballot?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's too late. It's too late, and it's almost like getting rid of Joe Biden. I think they saw the writing on the wall. If they're going to ask for an increase in taxes during this outrageously inflationary period of time, as we may be going into a recession given what happened in the market the other day, the likelihood of success is very limited. So let's let's wait, keep our powder dry, and try at some other future point.
Speaker 9: I think that's correct.
Speaker 1: Will it be a special ballot like and be a march kind of like a special kind of thing where people rarely go and vote so they can get the or just their supporters to the polls.
Speaker 9: That's possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, and that'd be expected, wouldn't it well? Consistent with their lack of community engagement, which you and I were talking about off air Hea before the mic came on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the problem with the community engagement in connected communities for example.
Speaker 1: That's where they changed the zoning laws.
Speaker 9: Yes, it came across as very manipulative because they had community engagement sessions where people would go and they didn't talk about rezoning. They talked about what kind of housing do we want in Cincinnati? Is middle housing which is the four and six unit apartment buildings? Is that good? And people say, yeah, that's good. But they didn't talk about the zoning plan specifically. So people came out of the community engagement sessions and the city used the information that they gathered during those sessions to justify the zoning reform the ordinance itself. And if you went to the the public hearing or the public meetings at city Council or the Planning Commission or the City Committee, the city council committees, there were people saying, we didn't know we were talking about a zoning reform. We thought you were asking us about housing and what kind of housing we like. And it was just very very manipulative, and they published of survey results for example, Well, people would go to the meetings and they'd say, hey, listen, I went to four of those planning sessions, so my voice was counted four times on those surveys. So the whole thing was all very kind of superficial. It helped their narrative, but it wasn't really community engagement, and that's what we really need on any kind of earning SAX increase. We need to know what the numbers are, what they're going to do with the money, and why we can't find savings and other parts of the cities one point three billion dollar budget.
Speaker 1: One point three billion dollar budget, which is eighty four million dollars more than it was a year ago.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 1: We had to tell a great point you made in your op ed piece.
Speaker 9: That's right. We were we have to tighten our belts during this period of time because of inflation, and we don't see the city tightening their ELTs. That's right. They get more money to cover their inflationary costs, and it's just it's just not fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't get that.
Speaker 9: No, we don't.
Speaker 1: How much of this budget related stuff, I'm gonna use that word has a connection to the ending of COVID nineteen money.
Speaker 9: Well, the city I think that the last amount of that money is called the American Rescue Plan. The last of that money I think was in the twenty three or twenty four budget.
Speaker 1: And so we got used to that money, didn't we.
Speaker 9: Yes, And you know that's a problem. When I went to NKU and got my degree in political science at NKU, and this was the late seventies. One of my assignments was to go out and interview a city official about revenue sharing. Remember revenue sharing. It was a Nixon thing where they were just making these block grants the cities, and so I went out and interviewed the mayor of Chiviot, and the mayor of Chiviot said, I'm not taking that revenue sharing because when that ends, I'm going to be stuck holding the bag to fund these programs that I funded with revenue sharing.
Speaker 1: Great point. That's the same thing that happened with Clinton. Member he one hundred thousand police officers we paid for well, you paid for him for the first payment, but they were stuck with the price of paying the officer's salary every year thereafter. That's it's the reality. You've taken it.
Speaker 9: So the city has a what they call leverage support where they have dozens and they spend millions and millions of dollars on it. And these are a nonprofits in the city or other community development organizations where the city gives them money. It's like grants. And if you remember, mister Jeffries at some point was suggesting that members of city council go and sit on the boards of these organizations to provide some direction or oversight or whatever was his His idea was, but that's a terrible idea. You don't take elected officials and put them on these boards.
Speaker 1: Especially when the boards have their handout. Their existence depends upon the vote of that very elected.
Speaker 9: That's exactly right, Brian. And so I don't know if he's going to pursue that, but that's a terrible idea as well.
Speaker 1: They said, that's sort of I mean a legitimate direct conflict of interest with the council member. Well, they couldn't vote on anything related to funding for an organization on which they in which they sit on the board. I just find that to be an ethical violation.
Speaker 9: That would be my That would be my view as well, Brian. That and not only that, but when the member of council sits on the board, the board's going to do whatever that member of council wants. It's not it's no longer an independent board. So there's lots of lots of problems with that suggestion. But these these leverage support organizations, they come to rely on that city money. Also, so when this if the city has to cut their budget and these leverage support organizations get cut it, it's also detrimental to what their missions are. They're they're relying on that money.
Speaker 1: Now, well, who said that government money is a sure thing. If you're in the business in an NGO and your business model is to rely on a grant from government, then I would say you have a poor business model. You're not providing a good or service that people out in the world are willing to pay for. You exist on stealing taxpayer dollars from a labor in order for you to continue with your well probably very very handsomely paid nonprofit organization salary.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: Well, the benefit to the city of these leverage support groups is that they it's not a city function anymore, it's not a function of the city government. They pawn that off to these NGOs, these nonprofits, and theoretically it should make it easier to cut them off if they run in if they run into budget problems, they cut that off. But the way it works locally in politics is that if they cut these organizations off, now that's gonna hurt them politically.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're going to be fighting against the reelection of whoever was responsible for cutting off that funding.
Speaker 9: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Their political lives depend upon these ngs. Yes, geez, Louise, what a colossally colossally and I'll be delicate here in the light of the FCC screwed up arrangement. One more of Todd's ends. I got a few minutes left with them close out the hour before we get to the insights scoop of bright Bart News, and let me mention every federal credit union who are celebrating eighty five years since opening their doors for the first time. Nineteen thirty nine is when they started, and they're celebrating all the history and accomplishments of every federal credit union, offering special discounts, public events, and you're not going to miss it. So I think it suggests you regularly check out EMORYFCU dot org for the details on these things that are coming up, and right now you can check the website because currently they're offering a great opportunity to boost your savings deposit with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months. Five point two for six months. I call that a great rate yep, they are celebrating indeed and sharing the celebration with you. Certain restrictions apply. It's a limited time offer, so check out the website again. Emory FCU dot Org NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally ensured by NCUA Equal Housing.
Speaker 2: Lender fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sunny, hot and humid today, high of ninety four, down to seventy one overnight with an isolated chance of rain eighty five with clouds tomorrow. Possible isolated rain, just partly cloudy. Skuy's every night going down to sixty seven, and Thursday is going to be mostly a Sunday day with a high of eighty seven seventy two degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's time for traffic from the UCU tram Thing Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. North Bend seventy five continues an extra ten out of arrow Anger into downtown Seth Bend seventy five close to that out of Evendale through Lackland.
Speaker 2: He spent two seventy five.
Speaker 7: I'm seeing a bit of heavy traffic between Coal Ring and Hamilton Avenue and in Bend seventy four backs above Montana Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC Detalk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty one coming up with some fifty two f fifty five KR city talk station. We really appreciate Tod's inster being in studio certified fraud examiner. He is we're talking about and again at Shenanigan's in the City of cincinnatiy got a commission report, a whole bunch of things to do, twenty five things. They went with a one thing that is probably the worst idea, and that's increasing the earnings tax. You're not going to be voting on it anytime soon because, as we've discussed, timing couldn't be worse for that. But questions swirling around, as we've talked about with Todd his op ed piece, what are they gonna use the money for? We don't know what is economic development? Don't now and is there any oversight with the money. We're just talking about all this money flowing out the non governmental organizations and are we really getting a return on investment for those Todd you mentioned connected communities as well, and before we part company. I guess the fat Lady hasn't sung when it comes to even though it's past connected communities and the changing of the zoning, you said, there's an opposition for us growing out there.
Speaker 9: Right there's a group called the Coalition for Better Cincinnati. Their website is since he.
Speaker 2: Be uh.
Speaker 9: Sorry, I'm not sure, it's Coalition for Better for Better Cincinnati dot org, and it's it's got some legs. It's got people on the coalition from all over the city and a number of different neighborhoods, and they're looking at what their options are. It basically comes down to a couple of different options. They're looking at legal options as well as a ballot issue option, and they're just forming right now and they've had an organizational meeting. They have another one planned, and I think that they're going to go around to the community councils, which were kind of given the big middle finger.
Speaker 1: During also, yeah, they definitely were.
Speaker 9: And we'll see, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: But well, that was our when we were talking about that before it went through some community councils, like, yes, this is something we would like to do here. Let us be a test market to see if it works, and others were saying, no, we don't want to change the dynamic of our community. And have you know six flat units, you know, popping up next to residential homes and single family homes. So I get the arguments on the back and back and forth, but they were left out of the process.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sorry for screwing up the website at Cbsinc.
Speaker 1: Dot org cbsinc dot org. Yeah, well, you've raised a lot of interesting points here and I appreciate you doing the op ed and of course I appreciate you trying to mind the store on behalf of well you're fellow Cincinnatians, because not a whole lot of reporting on it, not a lot of elected officials that want to come out on the record, and you know, hiding the ball from us regularly time and time again. When the railroad sale, the connected communities, just seems to me that the idea of well, doing a Joe Biden height in the basement kind of strategy for all of these is the norm.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I hope they understand that the the opposition to the railway sale, the opposition to connected communities. There's a lot of concern in the city about the way this city council is operating, and the idea of putting an earning sax on the ballot at that time, I think they've got an uphill battle there, Todd.
Speaker 1: I'll leave you with this one final thought you want. I think they should do the best thing they could do for the city that fixed Fred's Road. There you go, gam It, Let bread serve as an illustration. You got a job to do, damn it. Let's keep the infrastructure from completely collapsing before we get to the next leg of the street car toddsz ins Or. I look forward to having you back in the studio anytime. You got some additional analysis on the shenanigans going on in the city. God bless you for what you do and keeping your eye out. Man, somebody's got to do it. Thank you, Brian, Thank you, my friend. Stick around inside Scoop with the bright bart News political editor Emma Joe Morris on the Kamala Harris career review, Tell him the Truth and Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Come up at eight thirty. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: You're just minutes away from refreshing your news feed at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: I have never seen anything.
Speaker 2: Like this exclusively. Fifty five krs the talk station. This really twenty four election headquarters.
Speaker 14: One person, one vote, It's gotta be verified.
Speaker 10: Fifty five krs the talk station Ato six at fifty five krs the talk station. It's Tuesday, which means it's time for the inside scoop, the bright Bart News And as I always start out the segment, strongly encourage my listeners to book mark Breitbart. It's great information, great news stuff you're not going to see out of the mainstream media, of course, and they're not going to try to put a spin on Kamala Harris's record over at Breitbart b R E I t b a art where you can read the reporting from my next guest. And welcome back to the fifty five Carsey Morning Show. Politics editor at breit Bart, Emma Joe Morris. Great to have you on the program again, Emma welcome.
Speaker 17: Hey, thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: So you know where Kamala Harris came from.
Speaker 2: This is an interesting piece.
Speaker 4: I ever, Yeah, it's an interesting piece you wrote and you can find it.
Speaker 1: Morris a Kamala of Canada. How Harris uses a fake persona and cultural appropriation to advance her career. So we're I guess, has she been leading people to believe that she somehow grew up in an oppressed, a racially divisive, alienated life as a child in some impoverished neighborhood, like, in other words, came from the streets, like so many rappers claim to have come from.
Speaker 17: Well, that's it seems to be what she's implying.
Speaker 12: I mean, I watched her quite closely, obviously because of work, unfortunately, and and it's always this thing about her race and she's and it obviously implies that that she has some sort of identification with marginalized groups in the country. I would imagine that's why they bring it up, let alone, make it a centerpiece of the campaign and of her public persona.
Speaker 17: But that is total nonsense.
Speaker 12: And I'm not saying that her race is nonsense, God forbid, obviously, But what I'm saying is she is not marginalized. And I know that because she grew up in my neighborhood in Montreal, Canada, from the time she was twelve till she was eighteen, and that neighborhood happens to be the richest one. I mean at the time it was the richest one in Canada that's been bumped down her number two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is like Martha's Vineyard or locally here in the city of Cincinnati, like Indian Hill. You know, you find the mansions and the massive you know, five plus acre yards minimum and where only the healthiest can live.
Speaker 2: That is where she grew up exactly.
Speaker 17: I don't know that specific.
Speaker 12: Neighborhood, but yeah, I mean you're not setting foot in that neighborhood if you're not spending I mean.
Speaker 17: For the smallest house a million dollars.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 1: And her mom was a physician at one of the local hospitals there correct.
Speaker 17: Well, so her mother was a researcher for breast cancer. So her mother.
Speaker 12: Was was recruited to work with McGill University in Montreal to do breast cancer research. And apparently she was a very skilled researcher and scientist.
Speaker 17: When I was.
Speaker 12: Reading up researching for this column, there were tons of local doctors in Montreal and and by the way Montreal is is it has very nice facilities despite the socialism.
Speaker 17: When you can get when you can get a doctor.
Speaker 12: But in any event, yeah, like McGill is a world renowned University, and these doctors are praising her as a pioneer in the industry, saying that they still use her research today. She was obviously a very influential research or something to be proud of if you're Kamala Harris. Actually, but she's pandering, so she kind of conceals that part of her identity and that part of her adolescence. But yeah, so her mother was working at McGill. I have no idea how much she was earning. But they lived on a street called Grosvenor, which is just eight blocks away from where I grew up on Redfern.
Speaker 1: Wow, how about that someone absolutely actually in the know.
Speaker 12: To have grown up in this obscure neighborhood that also is the home of the politics editor at right.
Speaker 1: Bart Okay, But you know this this element, and you know, I'm one of the folks that I agree with a lot of the punnitary that says just don't touch the whole race thing. You know that that is exactly It doesn't matter at all. I agree. I'm a post Martin Luther doctor Martin Luther King junior kind of guy. Content of character, not color of skin. And this is exactly what the left in the mainstream media trying to cover up the content of her character. You know, prior to late June, the everyone political punditry, all the polls, everything said, you know, Harris is unelectable. She pulls lower than the cognitively impaired Joe Biden, who people do not trust with the economy, or did not trust with the economy, did not trust with the border, all the critical issues that were so important in the American people. Biden was behind Trump. We got a problem on her hands, and oh my god, we're stuck with Kamala Harris, woman of color. We can't get rid of her. So they do a coup Atah admitting finally after three years that Biden does not know how to even tie his shoes. They chuck him out in favor of Kamala Harris, with giving no Democrats the opportunity to vote. And now they're trying to paint her as some sort of moderate who's come to Jesus and is now in favor of fracking. He no longer wants to defund the police. She's got one of the most left wing atrocious records that anybody could hope to run on.
Speaker 17: Well, I mean record it's her record is just what she said.
Speaker 12: And yes, in the twenty twenty campaign, she went like maximum woke and psycho. Honestly, the things she was saying were insane and those things had nothing to do with the things that she had done when she had her career in California as AG.
Speaker 17: So she has a very confusing character.
Speaker 12: And just by the way, I don't want to make out like I think that coming from this neighborhood is somehow a test of it to her character, because I come from.
Speaker 17: The same neighborhood.
Speaker 12: But the difference between me and Kamala Harris, which is why I thought it was relevant enough to write about, is that I never lied about where I came from. I never tried to misrepresent who I am. I never tried to say that I'm actually from coal country. That would be insane. I never changed the way I talk. I never changed the way I, like, you know, portray myself. And this woman comes out of westmunt which is the name of the neighborhood, and I encourage everybody to go google it next time she tries to say twenty twenty foe, and you'll see that this is a complete fabrication it's a total smoke screen. Her whole person as a total smoke screen. The accent is a smoke screen. It's all fake. She would have never ever heard a Southern accent from the time that she was an entire the entire time that she was an adolescent, she would have never even heard that, let alone she lived in California, which I don't know how many Southern accents you hear there.
Speaker 1: Well, she never takes on a French persona, does she.
Speaker 12: That would be more legit, I know, would be totally more legit. You know, it's this Montreal, its Si But and so that's so, you know, getting to what you were saying, it's like, well, she would have actually spoke French, that's right, But getting to what you were actually saying, it's like the thing is like, we don't know. Again, it's relevant because we don't know where she stands on anything. We don't know because when she was California a g she was locking people up on minor gun charges, which say what you want about that, but that's what she was doing. And then she in twenty twenty, which is like three years later, she's talking about having Felon's vote defunding the police. And then she's obviously on all of these you know, bailing out rioters for from the George Floyd riots, and and just this total opposite, total point eighty from the way that she actually acted when she had some power. And then now, I mean, we don't know what to think because she spent the last four years kind of going around on yachts and private jets. She was apparently border Czar, although god knows what that even means because they.
Speaker 17: Defined it as finding the root causes.
Speaker 12: So she's supposed to like basically like cure the Third World, I suppose in that role, which shockingly didn't go very well. We don't really know what she did other than I think it was getting micro investments like into like like forest communities in the Amazon or something with something absurd like that. And she was supposed to solve the Third world's problems in South America in her four years as vice president.
Speaker 1: Well, and the problems that happened. The problems are economic. The problems are economic, correct, I mean, poor economies, terrible you know, employment opportunities. People leave because they want a better life economically, which is not a justification to come to the United States of America and are.
Speaker 12: Illegally that's correct. And when you're there, you're so close, you're so close to saying the buzz, the magic word, which is that they are economic migrants.
Speaker 4: Literally, they're not legitimate asylum seekers. And it interviewed on the border of just a huge amount. We'll admit they're coming here for a better economic opportunity and have nothing to do with oppression or being you know, targeted for political positions or anything like that.
Speaker 12: Come on, of course, not yes, of course they're coming here to work, work, quote unquote whatever. But yeah, I mean, she's a mess, and it would be one thing. You know, Donald Trump brant for president in twenty sixteen having no experience in politics.
Speaker 17: I mean, he had a huge business portfolio to show for himself.
Speaker 12: But granted still we didn't know how he was going to govern, and we were kind of going on face based on what he said. But the way that you were able to do that was because he was clearly talking straight to you, and there was, for better or worse, no doubt about what he was saying. There was no two ways to interpret what he was saying. And with her, it's like she's talking out of both sides of her mouth, and both sides are fabrications, and both sides are lies.
Speaker 17: And this representations about.
Speaker 12: Her, about her career, about what she believes, about what she does and did.
Speaker 17: It's all just stake.
Speaker 2: Well, and she's hiding.
Speaker 12: How are the American people supposed to gauge this person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's hiding. She's pulling.
Speaker 1: She's pulling a Biden campaign from the basement right now. It's been what more than two weeks, and she's uh, had any you know, come out of her hole or whatever wherever she's hiding to answer questions, straightforward questions by someone maybe Breitbart, who would literally ask direct questions about, well, you were for defunding the police, you were for an open border. You literally said we have to stay woke. Everyone needs to be woke. I mean, and those are words directly out of her mouth. I need to ask her questions about that. But if she hides and she lets her surrogates do the talking, her surrogates are going around just completely transforming her record, which is literally on the record for all to see.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, this is like the weirdest thing. It's like a mirage campaign. Like, for instance, there was a pivot on it on a pretty major issue, i'd say, which was her position on energy.
Speaker 17: Yes, there was a clip going around about fracking and.
Speaker 12: She had and the reporting on it was like.
Speaker 17: Exclusive colon, scoop colon.
Speaker 12: You know, someone who represents Harris uh says that she no longer believes that, And it's like, how is that spoke? Like it was portrayed as like privileged information that came from someone inside the campaign.
Speaker 17: It's like, wait a second, that's a huge reversal of your stens How is it not you coming out and explaining how you got from here to here.
Speaker 12: It's a very strange thing. But I think that the people around her are quite clever. Yeah, because the thing about her is that she is obnoxious and without a teleprompter especially but even with a teleprompter, but without a teleprompter, especially when she's just talking, she.
Speaker 17: Barely makes sense.
Speaker 12: I like this coconut tree stuff. It it does not make sense. It's ridiculous. She sounds like an astrologer or something. And so so the people around her obviously know this. So they're like, get this woman inside away from the cameras for as long as possible. And that's clearly what's going on because I'm sorry, like if she was, if she if she was strong, wouldn't she be out there being strong? I mean, the numbers that you're seeing right now are complete media.
Speaker 17: Creation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it flipped overnight.
Speaker 1: I mean again, before Biden drops out, I'm sorry, before the coup Atah, she couldn't register on poles, she registered lower than Biden, and then magically you're talking to me. Within a one week timeframe, she goes from being way underwater to now even with Trump across the board in all these various polls and including swing states. Are people's memories that short or are we witnessing the successful demonization of Donald Trump which has been going on for geez how many years? This the media lockstep demonizing this man as the devil incarnate? Are there that many people who hate Trump so much that they would ignore their own their own perceptions of Kamala Harris and ignore her record which clearly wasn't was too liberal for even the Democrats.
Speaker 12: Well, here's the thing is is this is like the part that we sound like the dumb ones because she isn't even trying, Like the Democrats don't care, they don't care about what her policy is.
Speaker 17: They don't care about who she is.
Speaker 12: This is one of the things that like, this is like a trap that we're falling into.
Speaker 17: Go and come out.
Speaker 12: I encourage every single person listening to this right now, go on Kamala Harris's website right now, and I challenge you to find the section that says her policies, like as in what she believed. Try you can't. Her website doesn't even have policies listed. We're all the dumb ones for trying to, you know, pontificate about what she might believe and then own the libs on you know, her having bad positions on things, because.
Speaker 17: She doesn't even have any positions. They're not voting based on positions.
Speaker 12: They're votes but voting based on apparently like vibes or something, because she does not have any positions on her website. She will not come out and say anything she believes in person, in front of a camera, on TV, on a podcast, whatever.
Speaker 17: They're not voting based on policy.
Speaker 12: If you ask me what they're voting on, I'm not really sure because I'm clearly not voting for Kamala Harris. But she's not even under any like, you know, pretense of being a real candidate.
Speaker 1: It's just simply that she's not Donald Trump.
Speaker 12: She's exactly, it's just a Democrat. It's a Democrat whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, and we all know how the puppet master works. It doesn't matter who the puppet is as long as the people behind the scenes are pulling the strings. And this clearly looks like it said.
Speaker 12: It's like saying that explicitly, like it's crazy.
Speaker 17: I've never seen it, Like I've never seen.
Speaker 12: A candidate enter the race without even the pretense of being a candidate.
Speaker 17: It's insane.
Speaker 12: Like she gets installed by the donors and like the elites and the party, and then after being installed, she doesn't even make an effort to try to, you know, persuade people on any particular position. The only thing I think that they're kind of doing is like we like abortions, but in terms of energy policy, in termsy we saynomic policy, foreign policy, her positions on you know, major current events like the war in Ukraine or the war in Israel, there's nothing, not a.
Speaker 17: Word, not a word in writing, not a word in voice.
Speaker 1: And she doesn't even have a record on foreign policy, although she does have a record on police defunding, woke ideology, diversity, equity, and enjoy a record.
Speaker 17: On foreign policy is she went to Munich.
Speaker 12: It's literally forty eight hours before Russia and data Ukraine.
Speaker 17: That's a record on foreign.
Speaker 2: Policy and let's leave it on that.
Speaker 1: No Political editor Emma Joe Morris from Breitbart Bookmarket, Bridbart dot Com. Always a great time talking with the Ma Joe. Keep up the great work. I'll look forward to having you back on the morning show.
Speaker 12: Soony, I didn't knowize that you're for Comedy Hour.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. It is you can't escape.
Speaker 1: It is sad, empathetic as it is, there is an element of comedy built into all of this. Take care of him until he twenty one to fifty five. Care ce detok station and get in touch with affordable imaging services because you can reject your doctor's recommendation. It'll be a strong one to go to the hospital imaging department to get an MRI, a CT scan, an echo cardiogram, all the scans that happen to me and those very expensive environments. Hospital imaging makes hospitals lots and lots of money. That's why a CT scan can cost you about five grand and then have to pay extra, perhaps for the radiologist report. You know, a CT scan is not five thousand dollars at Affordable Imaging Services, it's four hundred and fifty bucks. If you need a contrast, it's six hundred A just profound difference in price. And this money, a lot of it's coming out of your pocket, even if you have insurance. Check out your codepay, check out where your deductible is. You're out of pocket responsibility, and then realize you're gonna be on the hook for more for the imaging department at the hospital than you would pay for the whole thing. At Affordable Imaging Services, every image comes with a board certified radiologist report that you and your doctor will receive within forty eight hours. So it's a whole package, no ups and no extras, So don't pay a heap of money, save it, keep it in your pocket. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care, so call them up in schedule appointment. It's five to one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand. Learn more online at Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty.
Speaker 2: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Here it is nine first one to wetherfolcast gonna be a hot and human day to day, going up in ninety four overnight, mostly clouds. Isolated rain is possible seventy one for the low possible isolated range. Tomorrow, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high of eighty five cooling down to sixty seven overnight, we'll get mostly sunny skies in a high of eighty seven seventy four degrees. Right now, time for a traffick up there. Chuck Ingram from.
Speaker 2: The UCUT Tramping Center.
Speaker 7: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an Oregon transplanterer from multicultural communities get the gift of vipe. Sign up today to be an Oregon donor. He spend two to seventy five crews continue to work. With an accident before you got to Hamilton Avenue, Tramping banks to the Reagan Highway eastbound Reagan Highway is not a good alternatives. There's an accident near Galburn that banks traffic to Hamilton Avenue southbound seventy five are wreck on the rim to eastbound two seventy five above Sharonville. Chuck Ingram and fifty five krs the talk station A thirty here fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station. It is that time a week. Always look forward to it. It's time for the Daniel Davis Deep dive. Retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis offering his thoughts and comments about global conflict and gee, Daniel Davis, welcome back.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: It's too bad we have nothing to talk about today along those lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just kind of.
Speaker 18: A boring day and nothing. A lot of death and destruction. But I mean, other than that, there's nothing you want on at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, they may be World War three perhaps, I mean, Lord Almighty, I mean, we've got our own folks saying, you know that the attack is eminent. Israel's going to get attacked any moment in time. We're sitting here in the war room. We're talking about strategy. Israel's basically surrounded right now. They're getting hit from Syria, they get hit by the Huthies, they get hit by the the Hamas folks in Gaza. It's just one you know, they it really is kind of a circular attack going on, limited as it may be, and terrorist organizations funded by Iran, but you know, Ron's a big elephant in the room, the the ones behind all this. And now we're talking about maybe Iran directly striking Israel itself, adding a whole new element and dynamic to this. Well.
Speaker 18: You know, I think it's important though to look at the context, because these things don't come out of nowhere. They come out of very specific things, and just prior to this, well, actually this back up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Because it's important.
Speaker 18: You had back in April, you had Iran had this big, unprecedented three hundred and fifty drone missile trike against Israel that the United States, let's see several other countries use their air force to actually knock down most of them. The Iron Dome did its work, but all of that came as a result of what Israel destroyed an Iranian embassy building in another capital city of Syria, and that prompted the response. This time, Israel assassinated the lead negotiator for Hamas, who they were trying to negotiate a ceasefire with which the United States was strongly behind, right, And now then they did it in Tehran, and now then there's a risk that Iran's going to retaliate. Now, I personally think that the fact that it didn't come last night is indications that maybe our diplomacy which has been like twenty four to seven right now, starting from the top on down, may have had a possible success at pushing this off. I don't know what kind of deal could be struck. It's going to satisfy Iran in this case. But that's the part of the problem, is that if you take an action, you can expect to counteraction, So these things don't come cost free.
Speaker 1: And we'll see how it plays out well. And I hope diplomacy works. Lord knows we don't need a global conflict breaking out, do we have? And I guess I've always been operating and perhaps the mistake in presumption, and this is why we have you, Daniel Davis. Do we have a defense agreement with Israel? I know we have pledged to help defend them. We've offered them arms and support and diplomacy and whatever else is in our arsenal. But if they were to be attacked nation state with a flag and an army attacking Israel, that could be considered a war, a declaration of war, much in the same way Israel hitting Iranian territory which an embassy is considered and of course in Tehran that could be viewed by the Irans as an act of war. Ergo, if they end up in a shooting war between the two countries, are we going to have boots on the ground in Israel or anyplace else in the region.
Speaker 18: Now, that is the absolute number one question for the United States right now, and just taking this thing on the substance of it undeniably an active war. Whether the Iranians choose to act on that and to launch into a war is a separate question because they have to do their own calculations of cost benefit And if we respond to this, what would you know, what would be the consequence? Would we win, would we lose, would we would it cost us even more to try, et cetera. But part of this is their deterrent calculation, because they think that, Okay, if we don't do something, then Israel is going to keep on hitting this. I mean, just imagine if any nation on the planet took out somebody in Washington, d c. With the missile and blew it up. I mean, we would lose our minds. We would be ready to go to war later that afternoon. Uh well, we're allowed to do that, but nobody else can do it to us, right, And to answer the second part of your question. We do have a I'm not sure exactly what's your at started, but we have a ten year agreement to give three point eight billion in military aid to Israel every year. It is not a mutual defense treaty. There's no Article five type like there is. Didn't tackle on one's attack, on both, etc. There's none of that. It does not go to that level. We just said we will help them defend themselves. And listen, the reason why we give them that money is so that they can protect themselves, and they can they have the capacity to protect themselves to fight their own war should they get into one, as happened in nineteen sixty seven nineteen seventy three. We didn't fight for them on those cases. They fought from themselves. Now then we've given a lot more support than they had prior to those wars. So it is vital, in my view, vital that the United States not get dragged into a war, because if we get involved with something like that, it can have all kinds of unintended consequences, not the least of which is it could cause casualties to the United States and no apparent benefit if Israel gets into a war especially because it takes provocative action in the capital city or against another nation state. That's something I'm up forra AID they need to handle.
Speaker 1: Well as we pivot over to Ukraine, and you'll be able to answer a question that I've been puzzled by regard to these F sixteens. That's a proxy war that is being weighed. Ukrainians are getting funding from all kinds of countries to fight against the Russians, and of course the Russians would probably have a much larger advantage but for our munitions and our arms and everything. But if you look at it as a situation involving Israel, if Israel's left to defend itself, it's certainly going to be a proxy war with the Russians and maybe the Chinese and the Iranians funding the weapons and the supplies to the fighters, as well as the Huthis and the other terrorist organizations who would similarly be attacking Israel. Right Well, now, I'll tell you it gets even more complicated than that. I'm glad you brought this up because I think it's.
Speaker 18: Really important here in that our bad policies in the Russia Ukraine War, and especially with the change we had a couple of months back where Biden said, you know what, you guys, Ukraine, you can use our weapons to strike into Russia, right and on Russian territory.
Speaker 2: Putin then said, then, since you're willing to do that.
Speaker 18: Then we'll do a mirror idge, a tit for tat kind of thing, and we'll give weapons and aimations to your enemies elsewhere in the globe.
Speaker 2: He was unspecific.
Speaker 18: Now, just imagine if Iran, who's getting weapons to Russia that they need for their drones, goes to war with Israel.
Speaker 2: What are the chances that.
Speaker 18: Oh, by the way, the former Minister of Defense from Russia's Sergei Shoigu is in Tehran right now making military deals that Russia wouldn't give them weapons to potentially use against the United States exactly in the area. So this web keeps getting minded because our policies remain stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay, and pivoting over to stupid policies. The whole situation in Ukraine. I talked with Congressman Warren Davison just yesterday and he is against continuing and funding this. He says he has been from the outset. But this whole situation Ukraine has been clamoring for and asking for F sixteens now since the whole situation unfolded. And here we are fast forward, is it has been three full years of war. We're roughly give or take six eight months whatever, now we're giving them F sixteens.
Speaker 2: Can you explain, Well.
Speaker 18: See here's the pro number one, let's look at the tactical possibility. F sixteens are going to give the ukrains a little more capacity.
Speaker 2: It will not change anything.
Speaker 18: But secondly, these things, it's not like, okay, well, when Russia invaded, we should have given it them F sixteens. You see, it took almost a full year to even get them to the point to where they can use these things. So it's a long lead time. And I assure you that these things in the United States, we spent about two years training our pilots before we let them go into combat. Now, then these guys have had one and even though you can say yes, but they were already trained pilots in the mid twenty nine, et cetera.
Speaker 2: It's a very different aircraft and it fights different.
Speaker 18: We use the system the air sixteens differently than they do use theirs. So it's a whole system of systems that have to be created on the fly. And listen when you talk about aircraft, even if we gave them ninety over the next year and a half, assuming the war could last that long, which is apparently the plan, Russia has up at one thousand fourth and fifth generation fighters, So you're never going to close that gap, and so anybody who thinks that's going to make a difference is fooling themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, and going back to the training, if the pilots of the ex F sixteens we give the Ukraine have only a year of training, I have to imagine that the Russian pilots have a lot more training than that, and the F sixteens might not be around very long.
Speaker 18: Well, there's two things, the Russian F thirty five's and the Russian air defense system, especially the S three S four hundred. Apparents some new S five hundreds that are coming online now, are very very potent systems, and the Ukraine side is just not going to be able to stand up to that. There have actually been very very few air to air engagements as far as I know, there may not have been any, but if there was, there's some rumors there was one.
Speaker 2: That's it. So this is mainly an air defense system.
Speaker 18: And so when you get the F sixteens in the air, the Russian S three four five hundreds are almost certainly going to take that out or air to air missiles from the F thirty of the S thirty five.
Speaker 1: Well, you got any good news for us today, Daniel these.
Speaker 18: Well, we didn't get into war last night, so that's a good news in the Middle East, and let's let's pray that that continues.
Speaker 1: We will end on that positive note. Search for them online. Just search Daniel Davis deep Dive. You find his podcast and these types of conversations. Always enjoy the discussion, Daniel, we'll talk next Tuesday. Stay well, my friend, always want pleasure. Thanks coming up on eight forty or fifty five car se detalk station. You know, seventy five years more than third generation Zimmer Heating and cooling. They're taking care of their customers and they do a great job of it. It's whither Cincinni's Greater Cincinnati Leader rather than the twenty four hour day emergency service for HVAC systems yours conks out. You got a problem with it, you need to get in touch with Zimmer will certainly help you out along the way. And if the bad news comes, they show up at your home and yeah, sorry, your air conditioning unit is belly up. You need to replace it. It's the perfect time to get in touch with Zimmer because they're going to give you a cool carrier comfort rebate. You get that carrier unit, you can save up to twenty one hundred dollars. I call that real money. So get the benefit of the carrier unit, which is are the inventors of air conditioning carrier did and you get the benefit of working with Zimmer, who do a wonderful job. So call him up. You'd be glad you did. Actually, I would say go to the website. Not only can you learn more about it, but it's easy to schedule an appointment again. Twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency service at Zimmer. Go to go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.