Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast.
Speaker 2: I went to a party I told you this years ago.
Speaker 1: I think it was in massive Pequa and I sat down with my wife and there was a mass card there and I'll never forget. The gentleman's name was George Kane. I didn't know him, but it turns out he was an FDNY firefighter, latter of seven and he was killed at nine to eleven. And we still have that mass card. Danielle and I. I don't know him, I don't know his family members. I know very little about him, but it's weird.
Speaker 2: It really stuck with me.
Speaker 1: And then I get this touch from Jen Harrison and she sends me this letter that this guy Caane's sister, Nancy Knee, sent to President Trump like a decade ago, about making sure the family members of the nine eleven victims that were murdered or able to see that family remains and not have to stand online, not have to worry about museum hours and all that.
Speaker 2: And it seemed.
Speaker 1: Pretty logical to me. So, just like Alante's petition, I'm on board with this one too. And I guess the gentleman that started this petition, there's a guy named Jack Joyce, and he's actually on the phone right now. Jack, Good morning, buddy, how are you?
Speaker 3: Good morning, said, how are you?
Speaker 2: It's great to have you. Are you on Long Island?
Speaker 3: No, I'm actually a look overlooking Lake George right now. I'm usually I'm usually in Long Island, but I'm up vacation up in Lake George.
Speaker 1: I love it up there, Glents Falls and Saratoga. It's gorgeous up there.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, So I'm pretty sure that I got the mass cart for this gentleman Michael Kaine at a party in massive Pequa. In fact, then I was even friends with one of the Bodman brothers, not Stephen, but Billy. You don't have to be a complete asshole.
Speaker 1: But any anything, So I saw this named Michael Kaine has kind of haunted me for the last twenty five years. And then I'm made aware of this letter that his sister sent to President Trump's If you wouldn't mind, Jack, give me some background on this story and how you did a great job by starting your petition.
Speaker 3: Well, Rosemary Kine is George Kayane's mother, and that was assistant me. She I also put I posted a letter from her mother also who asked the President to make the World Trade Center a true national memorial run by the US Park Service. Probably ninety nine percent of America thinks that the US Park Service, you know, would would run this.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 3: It's run by a private organization. And we're trying to put the World Trade Center in a trifle place along with the true national memorials, right you know, Gettysburg, the USS Arizona, you know, and the Light. I mean, this is where twenty seven hundred and fifty three people were murdered, and much more have passed away since then. The firefighters, including myself, I'm a battalion chief, retired because of nine to eleven, and I've had two cancers so far, and I'm going through another process. I'm going through another process right now.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Now, listen, we look forward, we don't look back, except for one thing we never forget, and that's what I did. So twenty something years ago, the nine eleven families came up to me and asked me to help them to get this thing done. And I'm saying twenty three years I've been down in Congress, walking the halls of Congress with them. Rosemary Kane, Warren, Centaura Richie, Jimmy Ritchie's who tragically passed away from nine to eleven. Yeah, you go. I mean, Jimmy was a great guy. And so what I'm trying to do is just make aware to make the World Traits International Memorial. Now September eighteenth of twenty twenty four, out in Nassau Coliseum, I called the Boss, but people can the president these days. But the President said that he would make it a true national memorial in the honor of There was about sixty nine eleven family members that were there. They didn't know that's just going to happen, and I was made aware of it, and you know, I bought them all in, you know, to have them and they were all surprised because they've been working on so long to get this done. They just feel it. No politician, no political party should run it. There's no Democrat, no Republican, no independent. It's an American tragedy. This is where Americans were killed, and that's the way it should be. So I got the petition up and run. Just like you mentioned Giovanni Galante's petition, I've talked to him about his and then joined his thing. And this is where we are. We're trying to do it, and some of the people are a little apprehensive filling out this petition because they don't know where early information goes. And just for your information, this was donated by a company they want to remain anonymous, and early information actually goes nowhere, goes back to the nine to eleven families, So there's no third party anything that to call you up or anything like that. So that's where we are. And you know it's it's it's taken off. I mean on Facebook and everywhere else. We're getting a lot of traction on it. And you know, I would like to see this happen on a twenty fifth year. I know it's it's you know, if if I don't know, if you remember January this year, our great Governor Kathy Hochel decided to illuminate the World Trade Center green and that was an honor of Muslim months and that didn't go over to Will Day and a lot of the families, and if any of your listeners want to look that up, please do, because it's the whole month of January. I get Veterans Day, or the veterans get one day and Muslim unk got a green light. So also Maye Mondami. As you saw and saw the pictures in the fight upon the headquarters, put the prayer rugs out in front of the nine to eleven memorial in the lobby. Yeah. So you know, it's creeping back into into the World Trades Center site and other places. And I think I think the best thing we could ever do in honor those people, including George, George Kane, you know, Jimmy Richie's a whole bunch of Fring friends that were killed, is to make the World Trades Center national memorial, true national memorial run by the US Box Service.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: Bill, Yeah, I can't believe this is even a debate at this point. By the way, Peter King checks in the former great congressman. He said, George Kane's mother, Rosemary, is a great friend, his brother Dan is terrific. One of George's sisters worked at Fox, and Peter King actually spoke at George's funeral. So just not to get confused, So your petition is to make the World Trade Center, which I'm behind one hundred, a national memorial, not the one where people like Kane's sister They want to make sure that they can go see the remains of their families and loved ones without standing online with a bunch of tourists and having to worry about the museum ours.
Speaker 2: That's not yours, that's not mine. Okay, So you want to make the World Trade Center a national memorial, President Trump, I would imagine I was there that day, I think at Nashau Coliseum when it was campaigning. It was right before I spoke for him at Madison Square Garden. He brought it up, so he's aware of it.
Speaker 1: He wants to do it. It may take a whisper in the President's aar in Dallas in a couple of weeks, but I'm willing to do that to help.
Speaker 2: Forward this for you.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't tell you said how much this would mean, not only to all of nine eleven families, for all of America. Everyone knows where they were. Everyone, you know. It's just if you asked one hundred people if the US Park Service was running at point and I would tell you I thought, so, they're running. Mel Shanksville is run by the US Box Service, and the Pentagon is run They're building a building next to the Pentagon. But because the Pentagon's in the Department of Defense, because it's military, they have their own thing run by the US Bark Service. Now we have the Statue of Liberty right across the street. It's not even an issue about where the US Park Service is going to be. And here's one other one that you know, it's it's it's it's great. I have no problem with But President Obama designated the Stonewall in I mean memorial, So I mean that's that's great. I have no problem with that. But you know what we have where twenty seven hundred and fifty fifty three thousand people were murdered, and you know, these these poor families are just asking for something simple. This is not a big ask. It's not so I've been on this thing for twenty something years and finally got President Trump to, you know, say that the world at the National Coliseum. It's great.
Speaker 1: I think we can move this forward. This is Jack Joyce, a brave firefighter. He's been ill a couple of times since nine to eleven. He lost a lot of friends that day, and he's trying to do something that I thought was done. I'm not going to lie to you. I really thought it.
Speaker 2: Was a memorial part of the National Parks. I had no idea. I literally just found this out from you five minutes ago, which is shocking, and there's no excuse for it. I'm not okay with it. What do you think about Galante's petition?
Speaker 1: Though, mister Jack as a as a former firefighter.
Speaker 3: I will be there. I will be there. I signed that petition. I talked to him almost right away. We were back and forth, and I commended him on his mission. He's a nine to eleven family member, I mean his wife. He has nothing left of his wife. He's nothing but the memory. It's horrible.
Speaker 2: So you don't think the mayor should be there? Right?
Speaker 3: No way, I don't think the mayor should be there, not the way, not with his attitude and when he's talking about in the five run everything else. Now he's not he's not. He's not.