Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: I need a hot coffee shop. Please help me to praise hold.
Speaker 3: Yum.
Speaker 2: I hate the way Graham slurps it up.
Speaker 4: It's too hot in chug right now, piping hot the.
Speaker 2: Bay number one hit music station, The JV Show. I'm Selina, I'm and I'm Jess. Thank you for joining us. No cheaty these next few days.
Speaker 4: Watch where did she go?
Speaker 5: Just on VAK the Dominican Republic for a wedding for Oh my gosh, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Oh, it must be.
Speaker 2: Nice, honestly, must be nice. I'm actually very very jealous.
Speaker 4: Yeah I am.
Speaker 2: We do have crazy Cash on standby. You know, it's back on Wild, so every hour ten past, which is now your chance of one one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: You're just gonna hold off for just a few.
Speaker 2: Minutes though, because we have the first talkback of the day.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, I wonder if I'm like the first or second talk back of the day. But it's October, so it's time to think of those Halloween costumes. I think you guys should be the Mean Girls, either that or Three's Company. If you're too gen z for that, google it. But that might be a funny one. So Sherry love you guys, see you in the morning.
Speaker 4: Than Sherry, you don't know what Three's Company?
Speaker 2: I heard of it.
Speaker 4: Why would we be that because it's you know, Three's Company. Well there's yeah, we have one too many, but she's gone. Maybe should be out that data in the republic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're not doing that.
Speaker 5: I am here for mean girls too.
Speaker 4: How would we dress up as mean girls? And who would I be?
Speaker 6: Lindsay Lohan?
Speaker 4: I'd be Lindsay Lohan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katie Katy, that's a characters name.
Speaker 4: We'll consider it. We do need to get on this though. I hate the last minute scramble. I need to have that figured out. And whatever I am here, I usually don't want to also dress up as with my kids because whatever I'm here is usually something super ridiculous. So I need to come up with another costume same and not be scrambling at the last minute. Because last minute. Last year, at the last minute, I day of was trying to figure out what I could be, and I had landed on cousin Eddie from Christmas vacation because I had a bathrobe and you know all the things that you know that was an easy costume I could do. Last second, I want more planning for Halloween.
Speaker 5: Do you guys let your kids pick what they want to be and what they want as a family something stupid?
Speaker 2: No, because I like to do the family costumes, the coordating stuff. So this year my son wants to be spidy, but I have to like end that because the supposed to be Sorry, you can't.
Speaker 4: Can you believe that? Just what she does to christ dreams. I let my kids be whatever they want, Selena. If they want to be something, if we have.
Speaker 2: To be coordinated, you do not.
Speaker 5: I do appreciate that because you want the key pictures to remember, but you gotta.
Speaker 8: Let them be.
Speaker 2: I did feel bad last year. I made them we were Toy Story.
Speaker 4: But like wanted no part of it.
Speaker 2: They didn't know what they didn't even know what a buzz lightyear was, and I was like forcing them, Like the week before, I said, you out to watch Toy Store. This is gonna be hard.
Speaker 4: Like I asked my kids, what do you want to be for Halloween? Last year someone wanted to be a skeleton. Go for it, Let's make it happen. They then they have fun because they're dressed up as something that they want to be dressed up as this year. I asked my daughter, what do you want to be a mermaid? Boom, let's do it. Let's make it happen.
Speaker 8: Ooh, so, now what are you going to be to match it?
Speaker 4: I don't need to match it. That's Halloween. You dress up as well.
Speaker 3: Flounder want from Little Mermaid.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she wants to be the Little Mermaid. She just wants to be a mermaid, she said.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but Selena, let them dress up as whatever they want.
Speaker 2: God cares about the bad costs.
Speaker 6: I'm considering it.
Speaker 4: Consider it this year.
Speaker 2: Like if I do that, fine, me and my husband will just have matching out fit.
Speaker 4: Oh God, he doesn't want that.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a choice. I don't care what you say.
Speaker 8: I agree with you on that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Jess The JV Show on Wild ninety four ninety.
Speaker 2: Nine The JV Show. I'm Selena and I'm Jess. Good morning, JAV Show.
Speaker 10: This is Marcus from Tracy the Boxing Dad, and I just want to let you guys know.
Speaker 9: Arnest went out to Renos this past weekend and got to w and now he's undefeated with a record of three. No was an amateur.
Speaker 4: Let's go, baby, I shot Barnst three and No, you guys are the ones that were touting him. I remember when first the top back, You're like, what if he loses? What if he totally gets stocked out by whoever he's fighting.
Speaker 6: We've always believed in Arnett.
Speaker 2: That was you.
Speaker 4: No, that was I was the one that's had his back to start, and I knew he's gonna be undefeated despite all the detractors.
Speaker 2: Because we've become the JB. Fart Show. Graham, I'm gonna let you have the airways next.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: I'm Selena and I'm Jess. Right now, it's time four.
Speaker 1: The four things you need to heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 2: Wow. The death toll for Hurricane Helene has risen to one hundred and eighty nine people as.
Speaker 6: Of last night, making this.
Speaker 2: The deadlist hurricane since Katrina to hit the mainland US. There are more than one point two million people still without power in the southeastern States, hundreds still unaccounted for, and thousands of first responders of traveling out there to help, including from right here in the Bay Area.
Speaker 4: Week five in the NFL gets underweight tonight with Thursday Night Football, so don't forget to set your fantasy lineups. It's the two and two Atlanta Falcons hosting these surprisingly three and one Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Kickoff is at five point fifteen y any sports whoot.
Speaker 8: Today's forecast is brought to you by the letter H because it's gonna be hot.
Speaker 5: We'll see hi's in the upper nineties to lower one hundred. Successive heat warning is still an effect into eleven pm Friday.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sagittarius, sagittarii, Sagittarius sastari eye, Hey, SAGITTARIAI. Today your day is an eight. You and your crew are on the same wavelength. Hold meetings, establishing clarified roles and responsibilities. Ask for what you want, and don't forget to follow your heart.
Speaker 6: Yeah love that.
Speaker 2: Yes, this Isgtary Eyes, and I say Sugittarry Eye.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I do want to talk about the plan that New York City has to, you know, to help with their rap problem, because that's really bad out there.
Speaker 6: I kind of like it, is it gonna work?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I feel like the Bay should take notes that in a second, because.
Speaker 4: First, you guys, what's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Will Smith. You hear the name Will Smith, you automatically think.
Speaker 6: Of the slat man in black.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, no, I think those are both right. Men in Black is slat or fresh prince in bel air. Bel Air would have been the other acceptable answer there. But now the thing that you will think of when you hear the name Will Smith will only be a fart, because according to the director of Men in Black, berry Sonefeld, he was on a podcast this week. He was on Kelly Ripper's news podcast God and he well, he's got a book coming out, so you know, he's got a promoter thing which nobody's gonna read, but they might because he has quite the little anecdote that he drops in here about Will Smith, and he says Will Smith is a notorious farter.
Speaker 2: Ew he says.
Speaker 4: One fart in particular actually cleared the set of Men in Black for three hours. That's how.
Speaker 2: That's how bad the far How do you think about it? You know how you can like look at some people and be like, oh my god, their farts staying. Yeah, like Will Smith is one of those people.
Speaker 6: Yep, now that I really yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Just looking at it, Yeah, you could almost taste the fart.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, they say, I don't know, you probably remember the scene. It's been been a while since I've seen men in black, but I remember the scene where they're in maybe it's a tunnel, and the car flips up and it's driving on the ceiling of the tunnel. Do you remember that, And they're upside down, him and Tommy le Aar upside down, Tommy the Jones are upside down in the car. Well, they said to shoot that scene, they actually you know, hooked this car on the set basically upside down, but they had to seal the things so that way nobody would fall out and it was safe. Well, it was during that the shooting of that scene, will Smith accidentally he lets one. Well accidental, we don't know. It might have been purposeful, it might have been a hate crime. He launches one in there, and they had to get rushed to get a ladder to get Tommy Lee Jones out of the car because he was in such distress. Will Smith apparently apologized profusely, but they did following that fart have to close the set for three hours. To let the fart dissipate. It was that bad?
Speaker 2: What did he eat? How is it that bad?
Speaker 4: Apparently he's just a well known farmer. Barry Sonefeld said, he's a lovely guy. He just farts. Some do, some don't. But Will Smith is a farmer.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Jada, I'm sorry that you had to deal with that.
Speaker 8: Imagine sleeping next to somebody who.
Speaker 2: Just, oh my god, to clear the room. He's like my.
Speaker 4: Dad, you think your three hours? I mean I have have that ability at times. Not consistent. What's his diet?
Speaker 6: Will Smith?
Speaker 2: Just regular stuff? I don't know what's wrong with.
Speaker 4: Him, row something.
Speaker 5: Anyways, Will Smith notorious card so really quick New York City.
Speaker 2: They have come up with a plan and they want to get to the root of their rap problem. Instead of like killing off the rats, they want to prevent them from multiplying. So this new program they're launching, it's going to be like a little you know, a little trial. I guess they are going to have these special containers that only rats can access, and they're going to lace like whatever they put in there with rat birth control.
Speaker 4: Really so like yeah, little rat condoms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I was thinking, like little rap pills like a daily pill.
Speaker 4: Right right, Yeah, don't like using the it doesn't feel the same.
Speaker 5: But a rat's not going to not to take that at a specific time everything true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but I think imagine a cute little rat, not that they're cute and they're little, he hands, you know, taking little pill, gobbling it up and then the little water.
Speaker 4: And do we know is it a preventive or the morning after pill? Like the wrap is someone that I should not have done that?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just says it's a contraceptive called contra pest.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: What shouldn't the rats be consulted to have the Yeah over their own body?
Speaker 2: I want to start a family.
Speaker 4: You're right, That's what I'm saying. Now, shouldn't it be there? Shouldn't it be their choice? Turns out they all want to start a family.
Speaker 2: All of them, many fams multiple.
Speaker 4: I caught another mouse in the house that we're building the other day, and I bought the I told the story the other day because I bought this trap that like catches them a bucket. They're still alive and then you can go release them. Because I don't know, part of me feels weird about those ones that snap, and I don't know, I've gotten no place where I don't like killing stuff. I don't think I ever liked it, but now I'm very anti anyways, And so they crawled this little ladder. There's a little peanut butter there, and then they follow the trap door. They fall in the bucket and then like I said, you can go let him out. Well, I hadn't been to the house in a few days. It's been hot. Well, I just hadn't really checked on this one trap because I put it in this kind of like near the attic.
Speaker 2: And how many was in there?
Speaker 4: There was one, but it had.
Speaker 2: Oh heats row. Didn't you leave like a little water bowl in there for that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to set up a little mouse hotel and there hadn't been a sarcuci board because the first time I put the trap out, we caught two in the bucket the first night, and then nothing for weeks. So I was like, oh, I must have got him. I got the two. So I hadn't been checking it that often. Yeah, yeah, it was one of the and it was opened that bucket. It was as will Smith on the set of men and.
Speaker 8: Did you bury it and like say a little message?
Speaker 4: No, I just put him in the compost. He's compost now, right, I don't know. It's a circle of live anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's what's we're supposed to put it. But it's just a teeny teddy little mouse. Was it a right?
Speaker 2: It's totally gross?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Next year on the JV Show, we got to talk about what happened to one Sabrina Carpenter fans something really embarrassing amateur at one of the recent shows.
Speaker 4: It's next year on Wild, the JV Show. On Wild ninety four nine, I'm Selena and I'm Jess.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 12: This is Ricardo from al Chanta, Giorgia, and I like this is stationed because it's my number one. I from California, California, Los homies.
Speaker 4: Los loose homies. Shout out to those homies. Thank you record for listening to us from Atlanta, Georgia, which is pretty awesome. He said we were his number one station, and I just checked we are number one in Atlanta. Yeah that's pretty big.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I love that. All right, So what happened to the Sabrina Carpenter fan guys, this is my worst fear at concerts.
Speaker 3: A woman who was recently at the Sabrina.
Speaker 8: Carpenter show in Ohio.
Speaker 5: She shared that while she was sitting in the two hundred section, she lost her balance as she was dancing along to Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 8: And she fell forward, like a few rows down.
Speaker 5: I just landed on a bunch of Sabrina Carpenter show goers.
Speaker 6: That is so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I don't when you get.
Speaker 5: In there, the steps are really really steeping're so steep, and if you're wearing heels that makes it even worse. But would you stay after something like that happens.
Speaker 2: To you or are you leaving them? Leaving?
Speaker 4: You gotta stay? You're so excited to see Sabrina Carpenter at Sabrina Carpenter, but you.
Speaker 5: Have to get up in front of all these people you just like squished and go back to your seat.
Speaker 4: That's fine. They're still going to be looking ahead towards the stage. They're annoyed, yeah, but they don't go back, haven't you guys? Almost as that almost happened to you guys before, like dancing at a concert or jumping around at like a big game or something, there's not a lot of room. Yeah, like every time. I always feel bad when you end up having to put your hands on the shoulders and their people in front of you just like catch yourself. And then you're like, I'm really not that drunk. I'm kind of drunk, but like, you know, I just took a bad step there and got excited and almost fell straight forward. You know.
Speaker 5: I will say at Levi's oh my gosh, it is scary.
Speaker 3: Once you get up to those really like high.
Speaker 8: Sections, it's getting steep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, never again, Like my my feet will start trembling.
Speaker 2: It's I go to Oracle Park too. If you've ever been very, very bad, It is really really steep up there.
Speaker 4: Don't you remember? This was happening at Chase Center. It happened during a concert. A couple of times people were stumbling for it and then they were falling off down below. It happened like there were multiple incidents of it. I think they ended up maybe putting slightly that I I can't remember, but I remember I think they maybe raised the height of the railing or something of the barrier or something there because yeah, it's I mean, it's deep. It's deep, and you tumble pick up ahead of steam next thing, you know.
Speaker 5: Yep, I don't have a lot of room to really like catch yourself. But if you were the person who had the who like got hit by the person that fell, are you getting upset at them? Are you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You're kind of like Joe. I remember when I had my first white claw?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my first concert, stand up straight, fall over? All right, Graham, what do you have a new world record?
Speaker 4: Alert you guys? Please this Italian woman she just set Guinness World Record for largest circumference of her tongue, meaning she's got a big, thick tongue. Damn talker. Yeah, this thing is humongous. It was measured three times by a doctor and on average it had a five point four to four inch circumference, meaning her tongue. I don't even I've seen a picture of this thing. We should put it at JV Morning Show on Instagram, because I don't know how she talks or eats, or maybe she's able to expand it on command, because this thing is so thick it just fills up.
Speaker 2: Her Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Really mouth, are you looking at a picture?
Speaker 5: Slap?
Speaker 4: Yes, damn tongue.
Speaker 2: You have a thing, She.
Speaker 4: Said, She just bested a woman from Oregon who was the previous world record holder. Hers is a measly five point two inch circumference. Currently the male the male record Guinness World record is a man who has a six point six y nine incherc Yeah, the tongue like she's biting into.
Speaker 6: A strawberry or something.
Speaker 4: It does. It looks like a kind of like a big pink strawberry in her mouth, she says. They say this a circumference is larger than a ping pong ball. So if you can picture having a ping pong ball in your mouth.
Speaker 6: It's disgusting.
Speaker 4: Get a ball in your mouth.
Speaker 2: It's all these pictures of somebody, probably from Guinness. They have some sort of measurer up to all these people's tongues.
Speaker 6: Would you guys want that job?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, that's really gross.
Speaker 4: No no no, And how are they how is that that official? Like they have no, they probably have no medical training. They're just they have one of those little tape measures and they're just like, oh yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: I think the JV Show on Wild ninety nine.
Speaker 13: Speaking about yesterday with Habit against In and Out Habit is the most basic bee thing ever. If you need to add this, this, and that, it's not a burger, you're a basic being.
Speaker 11: Raham.
Speaker 2: Let's just let's less discuss that.
Speaker 4: Just for a second. Do you think it makes a burger less of a burger if you add a whole bunch of toppings and things on it. That's what makes a burger.
Speaker 6: I like toppings.
Speaker 2: I like the more toppings the better.
Speaker 4: So but he sounds like he just likes a plane burger. What makes you a more basic be somebody that just wants a super plane burger, like a five year old, or somebody who's like a man who wants like halapanos, avocado, bacon, spicy chipotle sauce, only would you name it? I want everything, I want flavor. Which one makes you more of a basic bag?
Speaker 2: I guess the plane burger.
Speaker 4: That's what I think. You know, whatever, I mean, whatever, Yeah, what do we know? But yeah, no, it still I don't know about that. They're both so good. They are different, though, I mean, yeah to that talk back, they are a little bit different style burgers.
Speaker 8: But our Instagram poll does.
Speaker 4: Not like gram Okay, that's what? What the what are the eighty.
Speaker 5: One percent of people said in and out is better than the habit.
Speaker 4: All right, It's just we talked about this off are yesterday. People feel we all feel this need to defend in and out for whatever reason, at all costs. Anytime anybody comes from another state and they try in and out, they're like, it's not that good. We all take great personal offense to this, like what do you even have taste buds than whatever burger place you got back there, and we get all worked up in you. I don't know why we have that. Why do we have that we have We feel this need to defend it costs, and I think that's skewed the vote just slightly.
Speaker 6: I don't know the numbers.
Speaker 4: Don't that you haven't tried habit. Maybe a lot of those people have never been to habit.
Speaker 6: That's possible.
Speaker 2: Maybe the hottest.
Speaker 14: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So Britney spears his boyfriend finally getting the divorce good for him. Yeah, his wife.
Speaker 4: Oh of eight years, which is not Britney spears.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Yeah. So Brittany has been dating this Paul Soliskay, you know, on and off. Currently they're back on, at least I think, because I'm pretty sure they were seen together recently.
Speaker 4: Seems like a great guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you heard President and all that.
Speaker 5: So yesterday his wife is eight years his wife of eight years went to the courthouse file for divorce citing irreconcilable differences.
Speaker 2: Now they have four kids together, that's just them. Remember one of his exes did say that he has like a total of ten or something like that. But wife and him, they have four kids together. And remember back in August, Brittany was with the kids at a trampoline park. So she's basically like their stepmom now for her, maybe not so much for the kids.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, don't let Brittany's We talked yesterday about how she almost blew her face off trying to light her fireplace and then yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: An interesting situation there. But hey, as long as she's happy, free Brittany.
Speaker 4: Free Brittany. Okay. When she was together with the last guy of our Sam was that his name, everybody was so bent out of shape. This guy is so bad for her, Oh, like he just in it for her money. Okay, who would you rather have her dating now, now that we've been able to zoom out big picture, dating that guy who maybe, yeah, I was fame chasing a little bit. Or this guy who's newly getting divorced. Yeah, I think that same guy seemed like a great, great guy compared to this one. But hey, you do your free now, Brittany, do what you want, all right.
Speaker 2: Finally, Beyonce's country album getting some awards action. So remember she was snubbed from the Country Music Awards, none of the People's Choice Awards. She got a whole bunch of nominations, didn't win a single one of them. Well, the rumor that's going around is that Country Carter has been submitted for the next Grammys. This goes down on February second, that her album will be nominated for Best Country Album. Wow, okay, she should be. It was one of the biggest albums of the year.
Speaker 4: I still doesn't understand that the CMA snub.
Speaker 6: I don't either.
Speaker 2: It has refused to acknowledge anyone that crosses over from a different genre.
Speaker 4: But like, that doesn't make any sense. It was a country music album, you. It did really well on the charts and had a lot of success and so it should have been nominated. Look, if behind the scenes they were we are not going to get Beyonce an award, you still put her not in the nomination.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's just like, yeah, that's symbolic, but yeah, to me, it's shocking.
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter is also rumored to be the front runner for Best New Artists.
Speaker 6: She'll be up against Chapel.
Speaker 2: Rond Sbrina Carpenters and Teddy Sims and Megan Maroni. And this is just you know, nothing is confirmed, but that's supposedly who who will be in that category? Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 4: If you're a betting man, which I am, Sabrina the odds are Yeah, if Sabrina Carpenter doesn't win that, I'd be shocked. Did we play her music?
Speaker 2: I think once or twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good. All right. We got to talk a little bit more about this heat wave because temperature records were being broken yesterday in some parts of the Bay Area. San Jose and Sarah Fel both hit one hundred and six yesterday, NAPA hit one oh three. Those three temperatures all broke all time records for October second in those cities. Heat warning for the Bay Area has been extended through tomorrow night. But yesterday likely the hottest day of the heat wave, thank god. But it's still going to be warm for quite some time. And speaking of temperature records, because it's not just us in the Bay Area that's dealing with this heat, it's pretty much the entire state. On Tuesday, Palm Springs hit one hundred and seventeen degrees, which was their all time high temperature ever recorded in the month of October. And hello climate change, because Palm Springs they already had their all time high temperature record broken ever of one hundred. They hit one hundred and twenty four degrees in July during that that one heat wave, one hundred and twenty four And listen to this. Palm Springs has recorded temperatures of one hundred and ten or above seventy eight days in twenty twenty four and counting, because it'll likely happen a few more times in this heatwave, and moving forward, seventy eight days is above one hundred and ten. I don't want to live there, although the air conditioning inside's so so nice, and the golf courses are very green, Why are we pumping all our water there to what are those golf courses just above? Yeah, just a question, just a question.
Speaker 2: How are schools doing it? A lot of these schools do not have AC.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I read a report yesterday that was detailing the number of schools in the Bay Area that yeah, don't have air conditioning or whose air conditioning is subpar or whatever, and it's it was a shocking statistic there. I can't remember what it was, but it was a lot. And yeah, you'd feel bad for all all the kids. I know, like in Napa, you know they cancel sports practices and things like that. But yeah, that's just one little thing in the afternoon. What are the kids doing sitting there if there's like sweltering all day long?
Speaker 2: Yesterday I had to go to my daughter's school to drop something off to her. It was one hundred and two in Hayward, like basically all day I go in there. They don't have AC. They have like they think that shutting off the lights is going to do something. It was still all hot and humid and musty in there, like, and these kids got to sit in there for hours.
Speaker 4: Can I ask one question about you know, teen fashion these days because I lived close to a middle school in Napa shout out Redwood Middle School, Go Trees. I can't wrote the mast. So anyway, I noticed that hoodies it can be a one hundred plus and everyone was wearing sweatpants and hooded sweatshirts with the hood on. I don't you know, Like, look, I'm no climate scientist, but if I want to cool down, I don't know. I would start by taking the hood off and my hood had sweatsirt off, and I would wear shorts and a T shirt. But why does nobody do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's one of are they not?
Speaker 4: I'd be having to wring my socks out at the end of the day because it'd be much swell. I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Did you imagine wearing a black hooded sweatshirt hundred plus out? I don't think you get it. How are these people alive? I'm worried about that you're gonna have heat strokes. I know, shorts and a T shirt, maybe some sandals.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: The JV show I'm Selenam and I'm Just Cheaty is on a trip to wear Againican Republic.
Speaker 4: Let's be nice.
Speaker 2: I don't like that for her, I like that for me.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Oh, we played a talkback earlier. Someone called you a basic b gram because you like habit over in and out Good Morning.
Speaker 15: JV show, Just the City, say from Walla Creek.
Speaker 16: And first of all, don't ever call Graham a basic b because that's what he's not. And if anything's basic, it's going to be In and Out Burger. In their food it tastes like the cardboard box that it comes in.
Speaker 15: Habit Burger actually has flavor, So your basic flavorless b whoever that was boo, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Said, he said. I'm just the USA Today poll ranked a Habit number one, and they've been trolling in and Out ever since, an ad campaigns because and then congratulating In and Out Burger because they were ranked number two. Both delicious burgers and we're not going to reignite the burger debate. Delicious all right.
Speaker 2: Time for what the bleep? Where you can win a JB show, Chuck Mug. All you gotta do is be the very first person to guess today's bleeped out word. As always leave your guess is on the talkback mic on the free iHeartRadio app. All right, let's get to it. Here's today's clip.
Speaker 4: One time I pounded my so hard that I'm pretty sure I woke my neighbors up.
Speaker 2: What is wrong?
Speaker 4: Sometimes you go beat it up. All right, think about what that word could be and you're sick. Leave that guess on the talkback like on the very free iHeartRadio app. Leave us your name, your city, and then your guests. We want to be able to shout you out when you win. But the person that wins gets the answer in first. You got to be the first correct answer. I remember, this is a family show, the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: I'm Selina Groom and I'm just she's not going to be in for the next couple of days. She's on vac Like, who who jealous gave her the the green light to just leave?
Speaker 4: I didn't authorize this vacation. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: It is what the bleep? Where you can win a JAV show. Chug Mug just got to be the very first person I guess. Today's the belief dot word. In case you missed today's clip, here.
Speaker 4: It is one time I pounded my so hard that I'm pretty sure I woke my neighbors up.
Speaker 8: Oh they complain.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you need a good poundy. It's a family show, you, I guess PG.
Speaker 2: As always, if you ever want to leave a guest, do it on the talkback Michael on the iHeart app. Let's run through some of them now, yo yo yo.
Speaker 16: Jacob from the South Bay here, my guess is hammer with the hammer down, Graham.
Speaker 4: That's a good building stuff pounding that hammer.
Speaker 2: But that ain't the one good morning JV show. This is Rebecca from Conquered. My guess for the bleeps out word, it is beer. Have a great day pounding I do love How would that be loud?
Speaker 4: Though? You know sometimes when you chug it and then you slam, you pound the can down.
Speaker 2: Crush it on your forehead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah that too.
Speaker 16: On a JV show, Jonathan from San Carlos, the bleeped out word is weight.
Speaker 9: Graham was pounding his weight.
Speaker 4: Make it a great day. I love that, making a great day pounding those weights. I haven't pounded my weights in a while, spent a whole long time. I'm making a comeback, though, I'm telling.
Speaker 6: You this twenty twenty five is going to be your year.
Speaker 4: I think I'm hoping right before twenty twenty five. This year, I'm gonna get me and the gym or sure coming back together.
Speaker 2: All right, continue to leave your guesses. We're gonna play more of them coming up.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Thursday, Rights, we're playing what the bleep were? Someone hopefully gonna be winning this JV show, Chuck mug As. You know you got to be the very first person to guess the bleeped out word of the day. It's always a family show. Keep that in mind if you missed it. Here's today's clip.
Speaker 4: One time I pounded my so hard that I'm pretty sure I woke my neighbors up. I'm saying that, what do you do? You don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Let's go to your guesses.
Speaker 2: Good morning JV show.
Speaker 4: This is from Nevado, and my guess is your meat and I mean steak.
Speaker 2: Get your mind out of the gutters.
Speaker 9: Happy Thursday.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're on the road. Pounded your Yeah me Nope?
Speaker 2: Are you supposed to pound the steak you can?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 8: Does that help?
Speaker 4: Like the nintend a little bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, all right, good morning. This is Sean from San Francisco. I just want to guess the bleeped out word is wood. Graham was pounding his wood because he's doing construction at home.
Speaker 2: That's at home.
Speaker 4: Pound in my wood so loud, don't think it. Look the neighbors up.
Speaker 2: That is very sometimes.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 13: JV.
Speaker 9: It's Kyle from Livermore. I think the bleeped out word is chicken. He was making a gourmet recipe and he was pounding that chicken.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you got to pound your chicken too. Do you mind in the shower they're on? He come on, keep it moving, jab show.
Speaker 6: My name is And I think the breathed out word is pillow.
Speaker 2: Pill had.
Speaker 4: A lot of high school for me. Yeah, out of frustration, County car found.
Speaker 5: I hate to live next to you.
Speaker 2: You're poor wife.
Speaker 4: I love these guests show TJ Livermore. I think the bleeped out word is fist. Have a going bye the pound your fists.
Speaker 2: Here's today's clip, unbleeped.
Speaker 4: One time I pounded my fist so hard that I'm pretty sure I woke my neighbors up. Sometimes, you know when you're really frustrated, you pound your fist. I liked everybody else's answer is better though. Yeah, shout up to everybody who played long this morning. That was very entertaining. I enjoyed it. But shout out to TJ Livermore.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: TJ?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: He had the very first precked answer this morning. Most people were guessing I was pounding other stuff. They were not on what is wrong with you guys? Yeah, because a lot of people guessing meats and things like that, and chicken uh, Ethan and Conquered had it correct, so did Brian, Dominic and Nico also in Conquered. Everybody and David and Richmond had it correct. And that was pretty much. We had a couple of close calls other people getsing hands or fingers. A lot of people guessing thumb, pound your thumb. I think maybe they think, like, you know, hitting it with a hammer or something. Got it was not it. Thank you everyone for playing very entertaining. Like I said, I enjoyed today's session, but we'll do it again tomorrow. It's gonna win today in.
Speaker 2: Seven five sounds good. Remember when you win, check your email. That's how we're going to reach out to you to get you that chug mug.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the JV shows, Yep, nope game.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning guys, It's Christine from Sam Bruno. I wanted to wish a half beat thirteen birthday to my godsend Matteo. He listens to you guys every morning with his mom on the way to school, and I wanted to tell him that I loved him and can't believe he's a teenager. Happy thirteen birthday, Mateo. Do you Christine? Love you?
Speaker 11: See you later?
Speaker 2: Happy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Happy birthday teenager. That means you get some hair in your pits.
Speaker 5: Finally, ehays look forward to that, like, oh, I can't wait to get airy arm pits?
Speaker 4: Is that part of man Selena and get them Harry Pitts.
Speaker 5: So you always do look forward to You don't want to be the only one in your friend group that you want to be changing in the locker room and.
Speaker 4: Be like, look at that guy, he's got a baby.
Speaker 17: Hi, this is.
Speaker 4: It does right?
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 6: This morning.
Speaker 13: Going great?
Speaker 2: Because I finally got on the radio.
Speaker 6: You are definitely on this morning.
Speaker 2: Let's say we can get you some winning. So you're gonna play the JV show. You have nope game, Jess. What is she playing for today?
Speaker 5: You are playing for two tickets to see Kaylani live at Chase Center.
Speaker 2: Nice. All right, So here's how it works, as Ray, We're gonna ask you for trivia questions. Just gotta get three correct, dope, big deal, Just three correct, and the tickets are yours.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm nervous, don't be.
Speaker 2: You're going to dominate Fry.
Speaker 4: What if she does?
Speaker 2: She will?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, you're going all right.
Speaker 6: Question number one.
Speaker 2: Spanglish is a term used to describe when people conversationally combine what two languages.
Speaker 4: Spanish and English. Yeah, you've got this, it's spanglish, all right. Question number two, Alaska shares a common border with what other country?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, my geography is horrible.
Speaker 4: That's fun. Come on, I don't know, does Ray? Does Ray take it? Take it? Get? Yeah? Because we know Alaska shares a border with.
Speaker 2: I'm Australia.
Speaker 4: I am quitting the show.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving. I'm leaving.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, can come back, Desary? Can we just I gotta sign I gotta talk to this I gotta yeah, I gotta talk to Celena and Jesser just one, just for just one second to talk to Did did Selene? Did I hear that? Correct? Did Does Ray just say that she thought Alaska, the state of Alaska here in the United States, shares a border with Australia. That means country that doesn't share a border with any other countries because it's its own continent. Sorry, Dee, I'm I'm going to talking to my buddy Selena here.
Speaker 2: That means she doesn't know Alaska as a state, or she thinks that we're right next to Australia.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't, I'm not. I don't know if I'm ready to Did she just say just just all We're clear? Yeah? So I don't have to go back and read the transcript of the show like I do every day on my drive home. Did she just say that Alaska she was looking at order with Australia geography. Okay, let's bring desire back.
Speaker 2: Great, so far Alaska is a state here?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do know, Okay, Okay, okay, that's my first question. Second question, do you think we're next to Australia.
Speaker 4: Like kangaroos are just hopping into Alaska all the time. Can we give that guess or no? No, as much as I'd like to hear that, Canada is the answer before you know, Canada is that country?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was literally going to say Canada, but then.
Speaker 9: I thought it was a state.
Speaker 4: You thought Canada was a state. I quit the show. I'm cutting.
Speaker 2: Canada, grab my bag, said my first guess, it's.
Speaker 4: Can I side bar with my buddies. Did she just say that that Canada was part of the United States, one of our states?
Speaker 2: She did? But you know, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 5: I don't it's not fine scale geography.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we're moving on, right, Yeah, you're still in the game.
Speaker 2: And great, des Right, here's question number three. What president's face is on the quarter I failed money in school?
Speaker 15: Oh no, Washington?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Are we giving that one to her?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm like, she's nervous. Yeah, Kangaroo is just hopping into a last guy. I can't get that energe out of my mind.
Speaker 2: We're giving that one another shrimp on the bobby.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right. Question number four the logo for NBC, you know, the TV network, NBC. The logo for NBC features what kind of animal? It's very colorful. I don't know it's more specific. I mean, she's right, it's a bird, but.
Speaker 2: She said bird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the answer is peacock. It's a peacock. And they even you know, they even named their streaming platform after I thought that was.
Speaker 9: So. I really didn't know that one.
Speaker 2: Everybody, you don't know you did not win Jamie Show. Listen, don't let Graham get to you. We really enjoyed having you one.
Speaker 4: We had a great time with you. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and don't hang up though, I'm gonna put you on hold. And she decided to take a mid week trip to Costa Rica or someplace, so she's.
Speaker 4: Not so Jess, which we know is right next door to Great Britain.
Speaker 2: Jess is gonna pick up and talk to you the next dream. Okay, so hang on there, don't hang up, Graham. We have some shout out.
Speaker 4: Can I just can I ask you guys question, do people think I'm being mean when I when I have a chuckle at that. I don't want people to think I'm mocking them on the air or we go there, because you know, some of the answers are just a little bit jarring to me because I have a human brain.
Speaker 2: I think most people know that you're that you're say, you're just joking around, just checking, you know, just before you.
Speaker 4: Saying oh good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, loll okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Australia and Alaska don't share a common border. La, Yeah, yeah we do. Sorry. I got a DM here and says hey Graham Loyal Doghouse and JV show listening here, can you please wish my son Mateo Sky a happy thirteenth birthday? I officially have three teenagers now, so pray for me seriously. That's from Natalie Paul and siblings Maria and Miles. So happy happy birthday, Mattea, that's a big one. Did we just wish me too?
Speaker 6: We got to talk back. It might have been for the same.
Speaker 4: That's the same, Mataiala. That's yeah, thirteenth birthday. I got me there. Another one says can you please give my daughter a birthday shout out? Her birthday was yesterday? She loves who gives a fart? She lost every time, So happy ninth birthday, Die Diana, Eileen, love you so much. That's from Ria Baby on Instagram. That's mom Happy hearthday, Happy birthday, and then another one says I'm sure it's too late, but can you shout out Zaden? He turned eleven yesterday. That's my son. He's the best ever. Thank you guys for being on the show. Always forever grateful, your grateful for you. All that's from Amelion is so happy belady birthday today. From one final one, we got an email, not a DM, an email. This is my birthday on October third. It's my first without my mom since she passed last year. So can you make my day sweeter? Thanks? And that's from Denise. Denise, we hope you have the best birthday. Sorry for your loss, but hope you have a great, great day.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well that is also a good point, all right, Today's hot is trending? Is next the hottest thing.
Speaker 14: It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: I think Jess is on her way back in here. Big news The Secret Lives the Mormon Wives renewed for season two.
Speaker 6: Just let want to let everybody know that.
Speaker 2: Moving on, Sabrina Carpenter accused of lip singing. People on TikTok were accusing her of not singing live. You know, she's currently on tour, and one user posted a clip that supposedly like proved that she wasn't live, and they said, hate to say it, but thirty percent lip singing, thirty percent back they put lip lip singing. So thirty percent lip singing, thirty percent backing track, forty percent singing. In the comments, you're like, oh my god, does she ever sing live? So Sabrina commented, oh she got scared. Reports reports are saying that she clapped back hard and that she stood on business. I want you guys to rate her clap back. Okay, sure business. She said, I sing live at every show one hundred percent. Would you like to speak to my audio engineers? Do you consider that a hard clop back because she dunked all?
Speaker 4: I like, actually, I do want to speak to the audio engineers.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what somebody comments it back, like, yeah, I would, and tell them to lower the back track it's way too high.
Speaker 4: I think we can all admit that in today's world, most artists, lots of them sing more heavily to a background track than in years past. I feel like that background track has gotten a lot, a lot louder. Man that makes them sound a lot better. But I just you watch the dancing and the choreography, and then you watch the mic move away a little bit, and man, the singing is just still today.
Speaker 2: You know, we all can't be Beyonce, you know, true, I just wrong with that.
Speaker 4: There is something to be said about artists of the past that relied less on that and more on you know, just sheer vocal talent and stuff, and you realize how hard it was, what you know and is what some artists are doing compared to others. And that's not a knock on anybody. It's just like, that's just the kind of the world that we live in now.
Speaker 2: Normal. It's not just the Brina, It's not just it's not just.
Speaker 5: Would you guys prefer going to a show and watching someone kind of maybe just sit and do the full one hundred percent singing, or somebody who maybe doesn't sing as much but does a full on like show, production, dancing, everything involved.
Speaker 4: I want to hear a full on live show that's like And look, I don't listen to a lot of you know, like female pop artists. I don't go to their concerts, but if I was to see one of my favorite bands, like the reason that what's so cool about a live show is hearing how it sounds live, hearing how they perform it, the different spin that maybe they put on it that you know, because they'll they'll change it up and sing it to a different temple or different you know, different read or whatever. And there's something so cool about that because it is so unique. You only get that there in that live show when I if you watch, let's just use Sabrina Carpenter's example, and if the song sounds exactly like it sounds like you hear it on the radio or whatever, to me, that's less it's of course it's more polished and wow, it sounds great, but it's less unique, it's less original. I want that original live thing. I was there, I saw it when they played it like this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But to answer Jess's question, and I do want to see everything. I want the choreography, I want like the backup dancers, I want like crazy yeah, the ALcom I want the ons you know, the all the onset, you know, dropping out of the ceiling and whatever. But last time I said that out loud. Demi Lovato told me that go to Vegas. Then do you remember that?
Speaker 8: Do you and Demi have beef?
Speaker 4: They did that? They did that night?
Speaker 2: They did she said that to me. Yeah, relax, all right. So Cordney Kardashian's son used the N word. Mason Disick is fourteen years old now, and he posted this video on TikTok, which has since been deleted. Charlie scammers. Who do you think I can so somebody? Uh? By the way, all the comments are like, oh my god, oh my god. Someone commented, why do you talk like you were born in the hood, and he responded, sorry, let me put on the Kardashian accent. Mason. This is the same kid that was like once banned from social media, right because you wouldn't stop talking about the family.
Speaker 8: And like, Hilary, oh yeah, do you remember that?
Speaker 2: I just get a forget him off, speak them off social media, although you can't now he's fourteen, but oh yeah, if I was Courtney. Very upsets Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 4: Had a lot of burger debate on the JV Show this week, and I have some good news for those of you that took the side of in and out in the habit versus in and out debate because the Bay Areas newest in and out opens today. You guys, this is not a drill people, it's in Hayward. Shout out to say, Selena lives in Hayward. She's very excited. Seven h nine Harder Avenue. They're gonna be opening. God, they're gonna be opening their doors at ten third. I've never I've never seen Selena. Yeah, excited about anything.
Speaker 2: Open in and Out. Oh my freaking god, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Ten this morning there, they say, people that are hoping to get their hands on a juicy double double and some grated cardboard fries should expect heavy traffic in that area. There will undoubtedly be a very long line of cars trying to get to that drive through and try a Burger that they've already had before.
Speaker 6: But it's different when it's closer to home.
Speaker 4: But I get it. Look, when you know the in and Out in and Out opens their first location in Colorado or something, and remember there was like a five or six hour drive through line because they don't have it there, right, And I see, But when people line up to try burger that they've already had before, can we what do we think about that?
Speaker 8: Still exciting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still exciting because it's close to home. But are you going out day one? Like, oh my god, I gotta try this new burger.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do everything to avoid that place because traffic is already really bad and asking me a mess.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'll be there tomorrow excited.
Speaker 1: Yesterday the JV show on Wild ninety four nine, I'm Selina Griham.
Speaker 2: And I'm Jess. All Right, so we were playing the JV shows. Yep, nope, game, what was the question about Alaska?
Speaker 4: Correct question is what country does Alaska share a border with? And the woman a desre that we had playing the game this, she was stumped. She says she's not good at geography, and then she ultimately guessed that Alaska shared a border with Australia, to which I almost quit the show and fell out of my seat. But we have somebody on the talk back. They're weighing in with perhaps a theory about why somebody could be confused and think that Alaska and Australia are in fact neighbors.
Speaker 11: Okay, good morning, Graham and Selena. So apparently everyone at my job was born after the nineties, thought that Alaska was an island. When I said I wanted to drive over there, and they were like, how do you drive across the water? I thought they were joking, but they were serious and surprised when I showed them a map. I think it's because the maps they are given have Alaska at the bottom cut out with nothing attached to it.
Speaker 4: Think about that, when you see a map of the United States is showing you the contigious forty eight states, but then Alaska and Hawaii are usually giving their own little separate box down in the bottom left hand corner. Now, Alaska then looks like it's flown around in the ocean, down there, somewhere in the South Pacific. Well, where's Australia. It's bottom left. If you're looking at a globe, it's down there, you know, Okay, floating around.
Speaker 2: The same maps and even way now, Alaska does not share a border with Australia.
Speaker 4: Come on, I'm just trying to defend desire, but I'm not. I'm struggling here. I've grasping at straws. But maybe that's why. And she and to whoever just left that talk about She said everyone had her work thought Alaska was an island. So there are clearly people out there in the way tuned into the JV Show this morning and have learned something new that Alaska is indeed not in fact an island. It's our largest state by land area, and it is connected to Canada.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm glad we can clear that up for anyone that was confused.
Speaker 4: And how many people do you think just learned something that lot?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I quit all right, Graham, what do you have here?
Speaker 4: All right? According to a new poll, more than seventy percent of NFL players that were surveyed find Taylor Swift's interest in the NFL as a positive thing for the.
Speaker 2: Lady hated her?
Speaker 5: How is this new?
Speaker 4: It's a new pole, It just is it is. Yeah, I thought, and Selena to your point, I thought we all were kind of sick of the Taylor Swift and NFL tie and camera's always going to her during every game. But of one hundred players pulled from the NFL, seventy four of them found that they thought it was a very positive thing for the league. Twenty two percent of these players that were pulled, Eh, they didn't really carry the way. They didn't find it positive or negative. Only four point nine percent of players viewed it as a negative. That is a tiny fraction, so I can see players.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I guess I was a little confused in the beginning.
Speaker 2: It makes sense that players are happy about this because it's more eyes on their games, you know, just more talk about the NFL in general. But I still think the viewers are sick of it.
Speaker 4: I would love to see this saying the NFL fan poll applied to yeah, your average NFL fan and see. I think the.
Speaker 2: Numbers very difficult.
Speaker 4: I think you're right, Selena, the numbers would be a lot different, but don't you I also, but I did assume that NFL players would also be sick. They want to talk about the great catch that they made, or you know, the big rivalry game they got coming up, or talk about game focused stuff, the game plan they got going into this week, what have they been working on. You know. I thought that's the stuff that they would want the light being shown on, you know, the NFL about and not Oh Taylor and Travis Taylor and Travis Taylor and Travis. I thought they would be sick of it too, because they are human beings like you and Iceland. I mean much buffer, stronger, faster, richer, like way richer, better looking, you know, But I don't know. I was surprised by this.
Speaker 2: It's a little weird, but it makes more sense. I mean, I can see them not caring or being like, oh, it's good for the league, and that's what they were asses good for the NFL.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, more viewers, more TV dollars.
Speaker 2: More doors.
Speaker 5: But do you think they were do you think they were being truthful or do you think they kind of just said this because they were like, oh, or maybe they.
Speaker 8: Don't want any backlash.
Speaker 2: We don't have to Kelsey to be upset.
Speaker 4: I would assume like many of these NFL polls where they ask about different players and who's the most overrated player in the league and stuff, they're usually anonymous because people don't want their names attached to that. I don't know about this that's interesting, particularly particular new poll or not.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine, Where's my Jewelry?
Speaker 2: Can we Jess? I know you want to talk about the surprising number of women who are saying no to this certain wedding tradition really quick? Can you guys help clear something out? You listening, I need you on the talkbacks? Is it true that guys don't send other guys emojis? Grandma, No, you don't send them at all to anyone. But yesterday my man was dressing out because he almost sent a happy face emoji to one of his friends and he said that. He said, guys just don't do this, and I was shook it because he sends emojis to me all the time. But he said, guys just don't do that with other guy. So can somebody please confirm this? Are all guys like this.
Speaker 4: Hit us on the talkback on the iHeartRadio app. Let us know in my experience. Now, look like you said, I don't use emojis, and it bothers you guys for some reason. But between my buddies and I, we don't. I don't receive emojis other than like the someone will put a thumbs up, you know, on stuff like oh thumbs up, Oh yeah yeah, But that's not them sending like oh oh see you tomorrow winki face emoji and like oh super smile you know emoji like that just doesn't.
Speaker 8: Even a laughing face emoji.
Speaker 4: I feel like that one's very commonly used I'm not going to say it hasn't happened, but I don't routinely. I don't often get those, And you guys know, I send a lot of funny text messages, well.
Speaker 8: Funnier if they had emojis attached.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, and I do want to make a startling admission. I sent an emoji this weird to my wife and it was that one with the sunglasses on, like the smiling face of the sun. Now, look, I take issue with phones and their predictive text messages. Sometimes it's great, you know, the little auto generated options you have to choose from to respond to stuff. Because a lot of times it's just like cool or okay, or see you there and like boom. I love. That saves me the time and I'll type it out just bank. But for some reason, Look, I have a Google Pixel phone. Some reason it continuously and I'm even looking at a textics. My wife just texted me how's your morning, and one of the options is yay with an exclamation point and a little you know, confetti thing. I'm shooting out emoji. I don't know what that one is. But why to me someone who doesn't ever use emojis. Do you send me auto suggestions of emojis to send back? Because I don't use that learning, you know, it learns the slang that you use, It learns other words that you use, and it suggests those. So why not why does it continue to suggest emojis? And I accidentally hit one of those let's say, Oh, of course it was the sunglass face and then I had to immediately text my wife right after that. I don't know why it sent that, but that's not sure.
Speaker 3: I don't want to send you emojis.
Speaker 4: I'm scrolling back through our text exchanges. Yeah, there's one. She sent me one yesterday of like somebody dancing. She was excited. I sent her a picture of something was working on at the house. So yeah, every now and again.
Speaker 6: But guy, but guy on, guy, No, I.
Speaker 2: Don't Yeah, guy, jess, what do you have?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Ladies do not want to be a part of bridal parties anymore?
Speaker 2: You guys, why are you clouding?
Speaker 4: It seems like a giant hassle.
Speaker 2: We've heard about this A lot of more people are. Yeah, so i' because of money.
Speaker 8: Mainly because of all the expenses that come with it.
Speaker 5: Outfits, travel, you know, bachelor, bachelorette parties, gives. Everything is just so expensive nowadays. Right now, My question though, is how do you decline if one of your best friends asks you to be a part of their special.
Speaker 8: Day like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't understand, conversation. How anyone could actually say no to that, especially when so many brides go out of their way to do like a like a bridesmaid proposal.
Speaker 4: That's doing too much in my mind, it's so cutein I.
Speaker 2: Just got bridesmaid proposed to, and I can't imagine I said yes. Of course, I can't imagine saying no.
Speaker 5: Especially if they ask you in a group, which a lot of women will do.
Speaker 8: They'll have everybody.
Speaker 4: Show up to have to say yes.
Speaker 5: So if you are going to say no, you obviously say yes first and then you tell them you can't do it later you.
Speaker 4: Say I'm busy that day.
Speaker 2: If no, not imagine saying no but then still going to the wedding, or do you just not go to the wedding.
Speaker 5: I feel like you have to go to the wedding, but you're Your only excuse has to be like the money situation obviously, right, anything other than that you can't.
Speaker 4: No, you have to fake an illness or something like something serious too.
Speaker 8: But then you're you're not gonna be able to go to the wedding.
Speaker 4: That's a good point. Yeah, I know you have to skip the wedding too if you say no, if you declined being in the bridal party, you can't go to the wedding.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, hopefully, hopefully it's a it's a bride or a couple that doesn't make you do all these like outrageously expensive things I would think most people would like take into consideration, like people's budget.
Speaker 4: But it's the you know, I think a lot of the I've watched my wife, you know, be a bridesmaid in a few weddings, and it's the it's the purchasing of the bridesmaid dress, and a lot of times those things are expensive and never in the history of a bridesmaid's dress has anyone ever worn it a second time. Ever.
Speaker 2: But even though there's more affordable options, so like, hopefully if somebody is more understanding of how much money people can actually spend on these things, I.
Speaker 5: Think the tough part is even the affordable options now.
Speaker 2: Are so expensive still.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then if.
Speaker 5: You want to participate in, like the bachelorette trip that in itself is that a lot of all the money.
Speaker 8: But I want to miss it.
Speaker 4: And that's required attendance. You feel like you have to go to that. If you've accepted being in the bridal party, you now have to go to that. So now you're paying for another airfare, you know, potentially if you have to travel for the wedding too. I mean that's two different trips you're taking and hotel costs and travel expenses plus your outfit to wedding thing. And I mean now we're into well, well and your bachelorette.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is what we did for my cousin because you don't want the bride paying for her own trip. Now everybody's shipping in to pay for the bride. She's not coming out of her own pocket, so it's even more money.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Do you guys feel that as the years go on, we kind of are moving towards not really having bridal parties because I feel like a lot of people now either have less people in their bridal party or they don't.
Speaker 4: Have it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's becoming a lot more acceptable, Like no one's looking twice.
Speaker 6: If you don't, if you choose not.
Speaker 4: To right, we're ditching a lot of the wedding. I think a lot of the wedding traditions people are going non traditional and a lot of the things. I had ten groomsmen, My wife had ten.
Speaker 2: That is so many. How did you fit everybody in one picture? It had to be like, good.
Speaker 4: Off, it was already had had that fish eye lens to get everybody in there that I show that many people. You know what my wife did though, which I thought was really nice, because she agrees every time she's ever bought a bridesmaid's dress, never warned again, even when the bride's like, you, guys, these are super cute, you can totally wear these again. No one will ever wear them again. So what she did is she let she loaned out several of her own dresses that were in the right color family, and then ladies could also say, hey, I have this dress at home. It's like the right kind of color. Can I wear this? And yes, So everyone every bride bridesmaid was wearing a different dress, but all sort of in the same color family, and it looked great, and nobody had to spend any money.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: So I thought was very cool that I made my dude's rent tuxes. But instead of getting them what I did, instead of getting them a gift, because again, no one will ever use a flask that has your wedding date engraved.
Speaker 2: On it because we don't care for me, I will.
Speaker 4: Because we don't care about those grooms and gifts. I put that money rather than get a gift. I put that towards everybody's tux rental.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: I couldn't cover it all. I couldn't cover it all, but I covered about half of it.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Thursday. Yes it's Friday, Junior and Selina and I'm Jess, all right, so this is our meeting in the ladies room.
Speaker 6: I asked a few minutes to go.
Speaker 2: Is it true that guys don't send other guys emojis? Like at all? My man was dressed out yesterday because he almost sent a happy face to.
Speaker 5: One of his boys to yeah, And I was like, why is that so weird? And I guess it's just not a thing with guys, according to him.
Speaker 17: Hey, JV Show, this is Louis from San Jose and regarding the guys sending emojis, I usually send emojis to my friends, and I think something that we don't really send are like happy faces or like just like face emotion emojis. I think, guys, we do send emojis, but we just avoid those emotion emojis for some reason.
Speaker 9: Thanks, why why is that?
Speaker 4: Well, maybe it's because you know, we express more feelings talk and we use those kinds of emojis with the lady when we're texting women. I don't know, it's just a theory.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not a non emoji user.
Speaker 9: Goodj V Show.
Speaker 17: Uh, you know, as a man, I feel like I used searching emojis like the saluting emoji or the nodding emoji.
Speaker 9: To send to my other guy friends.
Speaker 4: But that's about it.
Speaker 9: Those are the only emojis I would send.
Speaker 2: So everyone's just sticking away from the happy faces, no laughing faces, no emotions at all.
Speaker 4: What about the heart? We don't send the hard eyes to nobody's like, hey, you want to go play some pickup ball tomorrow and then you text the little hard eyes?
Speaker 2: Do we send it to our girlfriends all the time?
Speaker 4: We send emojis for the women. Guys don't care about emojis. I guess there you go. That's definitive.
Speaker 2: All right, Graham, what do you have insid our meeting in the ladies room?
Speaker 4: Hard Everybody take a moment and say you're goodbyes to Kristin Cavalary and Mark estes Saw they are no longer. If you're like who and who, you're not alone. Christian Cavalary was on the hills, yeah right yeah. And then Mark was this boyfriend that she very publicly started dating. She was Kristin had been married to Jay Cutler, he used to be the Chicago Bears quarterback, and then they got divorced, and so she has some children with him. But then she started dating Mark Estson and a lot of people. This is an eyebrow raiser for a lot of people because she's thirty seven years old and he is just twenty four. Twenty four years old.
Speaker 2: Much she was given glowing reviews, the best boyfriend she's ever had, so mature for his age, like he was just the.
Speaker 6: Best thing that ever happened.
Speaker 4: A lot of posts of the two of them. She posted a lot of couple pictures. Now she opened up about this breakup on a podcast, and a lot of people want to know, obviously, is was age, this age gap that determining factor in it. And while she sort of tried to say no because he was such a great boyfriend and such a great guy and while they were dating, the age thing did not make a difference in her mind, it didn't fact her in, but she felt like, and it does. It is related to the age that he needs to go out and basically have his own life experiences. So she said there was no cheating in the relationship, no major breakup moment that caused this, no big fight. It was just that she remembered back to when she was twenty four and said, those are such formative years then and ahead of him. He needs to go out and live life and have his own family and his own kids someday, and he's going to make some other woman so so happy. And she said, someday, I think he'll even look back and understand and he will probably even thank me for breaking up with him. Do you ladies think she did the right thing and that she like kind of did him a favor and that someday he may thank her for this.
Speaker 2: Point, Yes, absolutely, because there's so much that he needs to experience on his own and failed relationships, and there's just so much life to be lived.
Speaker 6: And she was going through like a.
Speaker 2: Custody battle and at twenty four years old, like, you don't want to be going through that, even though he didn't maybe he didn't know that at the time.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that she recognized that. Yeah, but I do think.
Speaker 3: She's just making this an excuse.
Speaker 2: I think she probably.
Speaker 5: Didn't want to be in the relationship anymore, and she was like, let me just say that I'm doing it for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this does seem a lot like it's not you, it's me. Do you get that vibe situation. I don't totally because I watched the clip of her talking about it with emotional she seemed since she seemed sincere about it. But to Jess's point, I feel like maybe there was something else kind of brewing under the surface. Maybe she's just like, oh my god, this guy is so immature. He is twenty four and all he cares about his fart jokes, and so.
Speaker 2: He's like every other guy describing me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but maybe there was something.
Speaker 2: I do wonder if anything, is it because of the custody battle, Like maybe Jay Cutler was like, then you got this young guy around the kids and this and that. Maybe she's like, you know what, this is too much for him, it's too much for me.
Speaker 4: Let's just yeah, maybe I don't want to be dragging this guy into it all.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's some of that.
Speaker 5: But if you really think about it, I mean, if you were in a relationship where age did a matter to begin with, and you were in a really, really happy placed with that person, I don't think you would be digging for reasons to break up with them. You wouldn't, I agree, you know, like you wouldn't be like.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you like you're like you're being selfish, Like here's a young person who hasn't lived life, living, hasn't done that, it hasn't experienced much. I think it'd be selfish to keep them.
Speaker 4: I look, I agree.
Speaker 2: I think it's very mature of Kristen.
Speaker 4: I agree with her logic, and I do think those are very formative years and you do need to go out and have those life experiences in your in your twenties. And yes, I mean I'm only twenty seven half, but you know, like go out and have those experiences and have the opportunity for him to have, like, you know, create his own family someday with somebody that's his peer. Now, what I kind of made me think and will make you think too, is that a lot of people commenting on this were if the gender roles were switched and this was a man, we would never and he was dating a woman who's much younger. We don't ever hear that comment that commentary, Oh man, she's really missing out on her formative years and we don't. That narrative is totally different when the age gap gender is reversed.
Speaker 8: That's true.
Speaker 2: Wow, Selena's just I'm mind blowing.
Speaker 4: Are your headphones on? We don't ever look at it through that lens, which is a lens that we very much shouldn't look at it.
Speaker 2: True. I mean I do look at it through the lens of like ill, I know when it's somebody much much older.
Speaker 8: Graham, did you did you mention how long they've been together?
Speaker 4: I think they I don't know if they'd hit the one year mark or not. It just felt like they've been together a long time because they were so like, very public about their relationship. But I don't even know if they've been together.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a very long relationship.
Speaker 4: It'sa as seven months of dating, but it did feel like longer because they were just constantly professing their love for one another.
Speaker 8: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Wow, well it's done. It's done.
Speaker 4: Take a moment.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 18: Good morning, Selena Graham and Jazz. This is little was from Berlin Game. So I thank you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 18: Got the signs wrong. It's not Sagetarius, it should be Scorpio. Sagittarius is next month. My son's birthday at the end of the month, and he's a scorpio, so you may want to look into that. Have a wonderful day, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks Lewis for leaving that talk about. I address what he is talking about. If you have not caught. We started a new segment on the JV Show. It's called four and we give you four things you need to know each day. It's just a quick fun segment and the fourth thing usually delivered by Cheeties. She's out this morning is a little horoscope and little astrology of reading. And each day we pick a different sign to deliver that reading too. So this morning, this morning, I delivered. I stepped in because I know all things astrology, and I stepped in and give it a one for all the sagittariuses out there. We're just doing the signs at random. We understand, well, I don't. I don't know that it's scorpio season, right, is it? Okay? But we wouldn't. People would get bored if we did scorpios every single day during scorpio season. People would be like, oh, man, let me hear something about my own. So each day it gets kind of mixed up, right, if that helps explain, But make sure you here's six twenty eight twenty each morning. It's a funny saya.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's scorpio season yet.
Speaker 5: Libraio season is October twenty third, November twenty first.
Speaker 4: Okay, so now I believe it is libra season. Yeah see, I whoops? But yeah, every day is it just something a little something different for people?
Speaker 2: Love that?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: When we're talked back this morning.
Speaker 5: And this is early game, I just wanted to say happy birthday to my husband's peers and related to our two year old son Sinley.
Speaker 9: You listen every morning on the way to take care the week one.
Speaker 4: Happy happy birthday, Happy belated Birthdayeah fun.
Speaker 2: That is a good point, grand hottest thing.
Speaker 14: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot and music, movies.
Speaker 8: Shows and the most talked.
Speaker 14: About stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So, one of the doctors involved with Matthew Perry's death just pleaded guilty yesterday, Mark Chavez, fifty four years old. He appeared before the US District judge in la yesterday and he pleaded guilty to conspiring to distribute ketamine to Matthew Perry. Even with this plea deal, he faces up to ten years in prison. He won't be sentenced until April seconds, so it's going to be a while before we know. He's already surrendered his passport and agreed to no longer practice medicine, but he is out on bond. Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 4: Little news for the Niner fans? Maybe some good news regarding star running back Chritian McCaffrey. Has been a lot of uncertainty and mystery surrounding his injured achilles tenons, with no timetable for him to make his season debut, took a trip to Germany to get some secretive treatment. Some people even speculating that he might not play at all this season, but according to offensive lineman Trent Williams, who was interviewed by Rich Eisen earlier this week, he said McCaffrey told him that he's improving and that treatment and rehab is going great. Williams said, quote, I think he's extremely confident that he'll be back in the lineup pretty soon. I don't know how soon, but definitely expecting him this year, which is great news, Tonner fans. We need CMC on the field. Had CMC been on the field, wod be four and oh right now we need him?
Speaker 2: If he the one who just bought a fourteen million dollar mansion.
Speaker 4: Yeah that house like George George house, I had some famous previous owners. Yeah, him and Olivia Colpo.
Speaker 6: Good for them the dollar mansion.
Speaker 4: They can afford more than that.
Speaker 2: So while he's out just lounging around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's nice. Anything else, Yeah, A lot of people will obviously want to know when will this Bay area heat wave? And we're tired of it, we're sick of it. Well, Selina is not because she has air conditioning here. Words nice now, she says, she's nice and cool. She loves it. But we are in the fourth day basically of this heat wave. The excessive heat warning and heat advisories they've been extended through tomorrow night, and some meteorologists here in the Bay Area think that those advisories they're going to get extended all the way through the weekend because it's still going to remain hot. Yesterday likely the hottest day of this heat wave was yesterday, but still going to be really hot today, and it's going to remain warm for some time. As for when it will actually end significantly cooler weather, Tuesday right now is looking like the earliest, but some of the projected highs for Tuesday are still low nineties. So yes, it is better than the one oh six that San Jose saw yesterday, the one hundred and six that Sarah Fel saw yesterday. It was one hundred and three and n half of those were all temperature records for the for October second in history, set yesterday. So it will be cooler than that, but it's still going to be warm. Wow.
Speaker 2: Can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yep, the JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 6: Really quick, it is official.
Speaker 2: You guys, remember those rumors about the the Wendy's SpongeBob collab with the Krabby Patty. Yeah, it finally confirmed it. It was just rumored up until this point, but it's firmed. October eighth, you can get a Krabby Patty from Wendy.
Speaker 4: The hell is a Krabby Patty?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, You've never seen so much.
Speaker 3: Oh the amount of references that you.
Speaker 8: Have missed out on.
Speaker 4: I feel just fine. But what is a Krabby Patty? What's it made out of?
Speaker 2: Crawd It's gonna be a regular No, no, no, it's gonna be a regular burger. I think they might be adding some more things, but it is going to happen. It's gonna have the top secret Krabby Patty sauce, a secret recipe from the show.
Speaker 4: How do we know that's authentic? Yeah, and tastes like the what was in a cartoon.
Speaker 2: Because Wendy said so, oh so okay, plus a pineapple under the sea Frosty.
Speaker 6: So that's gonna be October eighth.
Speaker 4: That sounds good.
Speaker 2: Jess, what are you doing for your man today? It's National Boyfriend Day? Yeah, boy, tell us all about it? Was I supposed to have something planned, well, it's a National Boyfriend Day.
Speaker 4: So and let me just point out that just this week brought up these things called boo baskets, and ladies are expecting a Halloween themed gift basket from their men this year. So if anything on National Boyfriend Day, yes, your your boyfriend in particular, should be getting something. Right if you're expecting a boo bastard?
Speaker 2: Tell us that you haven't plan I can't care all about it.
Speaker 4: Wait, what you know?
Speaker 8: I don't think I have anything planned?
Speaker 4: You don't have anything.
Speaker 8: I don't But but what do you get?
Speaker 3: What do you give them for a National Boyfriend Day?
Speaker 4: Like what I have like a list of like for that seven to ten different things that would all be acceptable.
Speaker 2: Like at this point, since you didn't get him anything, you just have to send him like nudes all day, right, I think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I will say, though, wasn't it National Girlfriend Day?
Speaker 4: Like that's not a thing. That's not a thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I didn't get anything.
Speaker 4: Never heard of.
Speaker 6: Well that you got to take that up with your mane. So are you guys in the kind of relationship where you keep score?
Speaker 3: Then we are now?
Speaker 2: We are now?
Speaker 5: Because I didn't get anything on National Girlfriend Day. So I was assuming that we were just not going to celebrate any national.
Speaker 4: Well, that's because you get recognized on Valentine's Day and anniversaries and your birthday and he goes out of his way and over the top for you and all those things. And here's this one day that he's probably sitting there just keep checking his phone waiting for something to come through.
Speaker 2: I'll send him a text with a with a cute emoji. Are you going to do a National Boyfriend Day post? No? Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I'm not really about the National Boyfriend Girlfriend Day posts.
Speaker 4: I respect that, but I'm still going to give you a hard time about it. What are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: I post them all the time.
Speaker 5: Also, I'm gonna text him and I'm gonna ask him if he's gonna get me a boo basket.
Speaker 8: And if he says no, then no National Boyfriend.
Speaker 2: And if he says yes, then what what are you gonna do for him?
Speaker 3: Then I'm going to drive down to Selena's and surprise him.
Speaker 4: Really No, I won't, yeh?
Speaker 2: Could I brag about my man? Really?
Speaker 16: Quod?
Speaker 6: It's not National Boyfriend Day?
Speaker 2: We got married last year, but yesterday I got home, he surprised me with flowers for like no reason. Flowers love that That's very sweet. It takes me out to breakfast and then we go get a couple's massage.
Speaker 8: What does he want?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Last night he bought me a bacon wrapped burrito.
Speaker 4: Dude, that if I mean, all the keys to your heart right there just just laid out in order. Two of them related related the other massage and flowers. What a good guy? I mean, we know we know that about your man. We know he is an awesome guy, but he just made the rest of us self proclaimed awesome guys look bad. Thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: Do you think he's gonna like be like, hey, can I go on a boys trip?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, that's a good idea cash and he's now got a voucher to be redeemed later one free boys.
Speaker 2: Trip possibly, But I don't know. He didn't give boys trip vibes. I feel like I would know if there are something planned?
Speaker 4: Is there something? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Maybe he broke something of yours around the house.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed anything missing yet?
Speaker 4: I should do something now that you've mentioned I should do something nice for my wife because I got a boy's trip on Friday. You guys tomorrow boys trip. Are you going going to Monterey for the night? Playing in this golf tournament on Saturday? I playing every year, but Friday night, hitting the town in Monterey, let's go. Yeah. I don't know downtown Monterey is going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of.
Speaker 6: Dead, if I'm being honest, but.
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 4: I guess Britannia Arms. What do you know about that place?
Speaker 2: We've been there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've been there.
Speaker 4: I've been there. I've been there many times and it is always interesting.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine