Speaker 1: Do you hear that the music. It is necessary for the recording of sound to convert the sound waves to corresponding changes in light. The sound waves produced by my voice are transmitted through the air to the microphone, where these sound waves are converted to changes in an electric current. These variations in the electric current are then amplified and used to control the light. This varying beam of light falling on the photoelectric cells produces variations in the electric current which are directly proportional to the variations in the light.
Speaker 2: Themes the crack.
Speaker 1: As the varying electrical current in the photoelectric cell is small, a ventuum tube amplifier is required to increase it to the point where it will operate a loud speakers soundtrack.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Occult Rejects. In this episode we will be talking about and it will probably end up being a.
Speaker 2: Two to three part series.
Speaker 3: We will be covering Jamatria, numerology, and ciphers. I think they're all interesting and I you know, I've had a lot of people ask about Jamatria because of the Gilgo Beach basically and some other things that I've kind of went heavy in with the numbers. Some listeners and some people who watch the videos like literally don't even know like where this is coming from. So I thought, you know, this would actually be a good series. I think, to do a basic kind of understanding and I think a little bit of like history class in a sense. I do think we're also going to show people that were kind of involved with numbers and letters that were kind of I mean my opinion, you don't really hear anybody talking about them, but yet they seem to have been pretty important or had an impact with the way the world is now. So yeah, influential for sure. Really the best way to put it. They're influential people, and I just thought it'd be interesting kind of like to bring them up because sometimes I do think, you know, you will come across to people who were a little bit when it comes to the numbers stuff, they kind of whatever, blow it off, don't take it as to I guess they think it's bullshit, basically the best way to put it, you know, trying to be nice and think of a nice way, but a lot of people tend to blow off the numbers stuff. And I mean, after this, I would just say, like I think it's actually made an impact in our world, you know, stuff with numbers, letters and scipher and yeah, so I figured this would be something that'd be kind of educational, and I think it was interesting for me to cover.
Speaker 2: Actually tell you the truth. So I guess here we go.
Speaker 3: And you know, some of the reasons I was even wanted to cover this and bring this up is because you know, there is a lot of just in regular magic, getting into planetary magic, getting into kabbala, you will start getting into like numbers and planetary sigils, planetary squares. You have tarot cards that has letters on them which will have a numeric value because they're in Hebrew. So just an even like basic stuff that comes with magic that I would assume most people kind of know of. Maybe they don't know what's behind it and creating it, but I just figured i'd kind of like, you know.
Speaker 2: Show some stuff as well.
Speaker 3: How there is like already basic stuff with numbers and letters in magic that most people know about it already, you know, like the planetary squares, you know, and I'm showing them here. We have Saturn, we got Jupiter. Depending now on the tree of life, Saturn will fall on the third sphere. I'm assuming this is correlation with the planetary magic. That square will be a three by three, and then Jupiter's on the fourth sphere and that square will be four by four. The numbers are rearranged to match a specific amount of value no matter which way you go. So like the sixth and the seven you'll get thirteen. Then that will be fifteen, and then you'd get the same thing. The eight and the three would be eleven plus the four that would be fifteen. So you're getting it.
Speaker 2: Has to also work that way.
Speaker 3: There's plenty there's a few other ways of doing it, Like it could still equal the amount of value, but you could still rearrange them. I'll be mentioning that later on. I do think there is ways of doing that, but you know, this is how it's done. There could be other ways of doing it, rearrange from the numbers, but then that would be changing the whole thing. So like even the planet. You know a lot of sigils basically that even are possibly used and thrown out of our faces could come from something like this, and like the way that you would use the sigils, Like I guess, like if I wanted to use the energy of Saturn, I'll Actually, I'll go with Jupiter. I wanted to use the energy of Jupiter, I could create like a name of something or whatever I wanted to make a sigil for. I am now going to put those letters and match it on that square. So like, even though you're seeing that sigil right there for Jupiter, you could be designing your own thing inside that square that is associated with Jupiter. So like you don't have to see that sigil.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 3: Something that I somebody else or something. Whoever designed you actually probably wouldn't know what the hell it is. Oh wow, Yeah, yeah, that's see, that's like a thing. That's why I think it's kind of important because I don't think people, like a lot of people understand like a lot of sigils are actually due to numbers and the value of the letters, and you know, equaling those numbers that's crazy. So yeah, that's why I'm like, if if you're believe that sigils and all this stuff can have effect on people, then you have to a factor in the numbers.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, because then it's I don't know how it's working.
Speaker 3: You know, here's those Then we have the Mars, and we got the Sun, and as you can see they get bigger as they go on. And uh, here's a last one for Luna. And then over here I do have I did want to show you know, when you again, when I got too taro, if you place it upon the tree of life and you use it like you know, cabalistically, then major arcana will fall on the pads, and you know, all of them kind of have a They will have a letter on the cards sometimes depending I guess you know, on the publisher whoever made the deck, but you know, the fool would go with aliph meaning ox, and that could be h you know, primal energy. Then it will also have numerical value to it as well. So I you know, when these letters are thrown on tarot cards, as you're seeing right here, you know, even though that's a letter, magically there is some sort of number of value equated to that. So I just wanted to show that that, like you know, even on taro and sigils and stuff like that, in my opinion, there is I mean, even the tarot cards are numbered in a specific right for certain things, right, you know, so like numbers are even a factor in this, you know, something to think about.
Speaker 2: Uh, And then I wanted.
Speaker 3: I guess kind of like he was gonna show some history on uh on like you know, I guess magical squares and stuff. Before I get to that, actually, I am going to read off some like I guess kind of like other magicians are other people their word on jamachi or their opinion on Jamcha, stuff like that. I was going to cover some stuff by Crowley, but honestly, like you could just go to his his first his book seven seven seven has a chapter in the beginning just dedicated to Jamatria. The Book of Lies commentary focuses heavily on Jamachria being a focus for the chapters and either the name or the chapter number or both.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He also has there is cephyr sepher Oath and that you can get in like the Equinox volume one, number eight, and he had a lot to say about the subject there, and even focuses on different types of jamatria uh that he used during his life. He has been openly, uh, I guess, very open about Jamatria in Numerical Valley, you know, so if anybody's interested, I would say, go check those out. But like to me, it was just like he's been so open about it. You know, I wasn't even gonna bother with with him, and believe it or not, if you start reading too much of this ship, you actually may have to worry about copyright.
Speaker 2: So just leave it there.
Speaker 3: You know, I've already had a DMCA slapped on me before from the OTO, so I'm sure you know, yeah, any other way, any other reason, Well.
Speaker 4: I have I have a quick question. So you're talking about how and I saw it how Crowley Cley, Crawley, Sorry, Crawley.
Speaker 2: People get picking on that. It's funny.
Speaker 4: Crowley extensively refers to Jamatria. Why do you think there's so much pushback?
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm just gonna say it again like I've said it a few other times, and I hate to sound like I'm not trying to be like prick about it or a dick. I think it's too hard for people to want to entertain. Like if it seems like if you're like, oh man, my brain can't wrap around this as a defense mechanism, your brain may just literally tell you it's bullshit, gotcha. I mean I do think that happens a lot. I mean, that's happened to me. I wouldn't entertain thoughts and ideas of things, because I just thought it was complete silliness, you know. And then like sometimes when you're just like maybe you're not feeling as biased anymore, you might take a look at something and be like, oh shit, look at this. Wow, there's some you know, gems in here. They're like, well, but before my mind was telling me it didn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. But Blovotsky has said some things.
Speaker 3: The transcendental methods of the Kabbala must not be mentioned in public work. But it's various systems of arithmetical and sorry, geometrical ways of unriddling. Certain symbols may be described. I'm just letting people know there is some words in here. I'm sure I'm going to screw them up. Please, you know, just deal with it.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: The Zohar methods of calculation, with their three sections, the Jamatria, the notoracan, and the tomorra, also the Alba and Algath, are extremely difficult to practice. We refer those who will learn more to Cornelius Agrippa's work. Somebody will mention a few times, but none of those systems can ever be understood unless a cabbalyst becomes a real master in his science. This symbolism of Pythagoras requires still more ardious labor. His symbols are very numerous, and to comprehend even the general gist of his abtruse doctrines from his symbology would necessitate nesitate years of study.
Speaker 4: So you really like him? Did she?
Speaker 3: You know, she may have liked this stuff, but it was just like, maybe this is too far advanced.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, the thing is is that, as you'll see, I mean, some of the people we're going to talk about in the other episodes, I mean they're either like he, Cornelius Agrippa was like a student of or people were student of him. So, I mean, regardless, a lot of these people were influenced by stuff that him and other people around him were covering in occultism and ciphers and numerology and even just translating texts. You know, there's things. I think we'll get into it later on. I think like they started translating texts almost because of using numerical value in a sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean yeah, yeah, So I got off on a tangent desk. No, it's all right, Yeah, we refer those who would learn more Yeah, The symbolism of numbers in their mathematical interrelations is also one of the branches of magic, especially of mental magic, divination and correct perception in clair voyants. Systems differ, but the root ideas everywhere the same, As shown in the Royal Masonic Cyclopedia by Kenneth R. H. Mackenzie, one system adopts unity, another trinity, a third quinquinity. Again we have sexagons, heptagons, novums, dudecimals, and so on, until the mind is lost in the survey of the materials alone of a science of numbers.
Speaker 2: Basically say, you'll lose your mind in that shit too.
Speaker 3: Every letter has its equivalent in other languages, and its equivalent in a figure or figures of the calculation table.
Speaker 2: It has also numerous other.
Speaker 3: Significations which depend upon the special idiosyncrasies and characteristics of the person, object or object to be studied. Kabbala calls the Hebrew alphabet the letters of the angels, which are communicated to the patriarchs.
Speaker 2: Just as the I don't know how to say this too well.
Speaker 3: Devonaughori was to the races by the divas. The Chaldeans found their letters traced in the sky by the yet unsettled stars and comets, says the Book of Numbers, while the Phoenicians had a sacred alphabet formed by the twistings of the sacred serpents. The power and potency of numbers and characters are well known to many Western occultists as being compounded from all these systems, but are still unknown to Hindus Hindu students, if not to their occultists. In their turn, European kab cabalists are generally ignorant of the alphabetical secrets of Indian esoterrorism. At the same time, the general reader in the West knows nothing of either, least of all how deep are the traces left by the esoteric numeral systems of the world. In the Christian churches. The Kabbalistic jomatia is arithmetical, not geometrical. It is one of the methods for extracting the hidden meanings from letters, words, and sentences. It consists in applying to the letters of a word the sense they bear as numbers in outward shape as well as in their individual sense. All beings, from the first divine emanation or God manifested down to the lowest atomic existence have their particular number, which distinguishes each of them and becomes the source of their attributes and qualities of their destiny. Chance, as taught by Cornelius Agrippa, is in reality only an unknown progression and time, but a succession of numbers. And then I have a chick and tabitha cicero that are kind of like surrounded with the golden Dorn or hermetic odor, the golden Dorn, and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Jamatria, the Kabbalistic numerology of Hebrew letters, is the lifeblood of the Western mystery tradition. It is a system for investigating Hebrew words and names and learning their secret sense by examining the numerical value of the letters of the Hebrew alphabet, which Israel regarding called the alphabet of the Angels. This system relies on the fact that Hebrew is an alphabet in which letters stand for numbers, For there are no separate symbols for numbers. Words which have the same numerical value are often thought to have a significant relationship. And that is something I have said, I think multiple times, and I think other people have even said out on my show who are into Jamatria, they just.
Speaker 2: Assume it works like that, But.
Speaker 3: The ancient Hebrews devised several methods for using these letter of values to encode layers of special meaning into their sacred texts and mystical teachings. Thus, the literal Kabbala, which specialized in using these techniques to interpret Hebrew scriptures, came into being. In addition to straightforward jamatria, the literal kabbala includes the more complex techniques of nodokan creating and unraveling acronyms, and toomorra, transposing letters in a manner similar to cryptography to ascribe and uncover the hidden import of words. That's like even another thing. I mean, even jamatri behind it, like when we get into tomorrow. To me, I mean, that's kind of like making ciphers a basic cipher maker, that's all it is, which is really weird. Wow, you know, I mean when you you even came across it, Yeah, isn't that how you looked at it? I think that's what kind of spread it. That's kind of what God is into looking into the ciphers.
Speaker 4: Really, I think so, yeah, because it was it almost is pervasive throughout the ciphering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like even when you look into that form. I mean it's even taken as like a cipher really it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as we say, it's gonna it's all secret societies and they're wanting to protect it, you know, and only have certain people see certain things, so you're gonna see the ciphering all all throughout.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Hebrew was not the only alphabet to use numeral value of letters to decipher the mystical meaning of words. Greek has also been used by the Western mystery tradition for this purpose.
Speaker 2: I so how do you say this one?
Speaker 4: So it's I have in trouble with it too? Is isops us isops for us?
Speaker 2: Something like that?
Speaker 3: Or Greek jamachia, as it is often called, relies on even greater range of numerical letter values. However, its use in esoteric circles has never been as popular as that of Hebrew jamatia, which I would say probably, And you know, sometimes I do wonder, like, I mean, I I can get how maybe it's a little bit harder to do, but like maybe there is something to it, you know, maybe it's not as popular for a reason, you know, besides just that fact. Or is it luckily that like maybe stuff that is deeply encoded, just is a little bit harder to figure.
Speaker 4: Out how much of it is user friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe that's just yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: Alisa Crowley, who is a staple in many magical libraries, plan to write a comprehensive text on Greek Jamatria, but never got around to finishing it. His notes on the subjects were later compiled and published by the Oto, but they were neither complete nor in some instances accurate. In addition, Crowley did not find Greek Jamatria as satisfying as its Hebrew counterpart. I do know near the end of his career he was much more involved in Greek jamatri than.
Speaker 2: Hebrew for sure.
Speaker 3: And then, well, since you know you brought up Agrippa before, let's get Agrippa's opinion on this stuff. Agrippa states in his Book two, chapter one, the doctrines of mathematics are so necessary too, and have such an affinity with magic, that they do profess it without them, are quite out of the way in labor in vain, and shall in no wise obtain their desired effect. Understand some of these things that I'm reading, they're coming from the fifteen hundred, So it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Like you know, this is an old book.
Speaker 3: For whatsoever things are and are done in these inferior natural virtues are all done and governed by number, weight, measure, harmony, motion, and light. Grippa states in chapter two, all things which were first made by the nature of things in its first age seem to be formed by the proportion of numbers, for this was the principal pattern in the mind of the creator. Hence, the motion of the stars and the revolution of the heaven, and the state of all things subsist by the uniting together of numbers. Numbers therefore are endowed with great and sublime virtues.
Speaker 2: Of all things that.
Speaker 3: Are and are made subsist buy and receive their virtue from numbers. For time consists of number, and all motion and action, and all things which are subject to time, Agrippa continues in book two Chapter two. And the proportions arising from numbers do bind lines and points make characters in figures, and these are proper to magical operations, the middle which is between both being appropriated by declining to the extremes, as in the use of letters. And Lastly, all species of natural things and of those things which are above nature, or joined together by certain numbers. Numbers has always a being. Yet there is one in voice, another in the proportion of them, another in the soul and reason, and another in divine things. You know, some of that may have been you know what.
Speaker 4: I like the way that they write, like they had such a grip on so many things pun intended.
Speaker 2: It was so stupid.
Speaker 3: I'm going to leave that into it's so cheesy.
Speaker 4: Thanks. But you notice how some of these things they all have three parts, like their investigation of the number, the investigation of the word, they all have three parts.
Speaker 3: Yes, three, yeah, I think three is I think that's used a lot, just like it's forming a whole sense, all right. So I just wanted to read a couple of people. Maybe some of those people you've never heard of before, maybe you have, but those are kind of people that I think have made an impact. A Grippa for sure, you know, you know. And the other ones, I think those are more of like newer kind of like schools of thought and practice as old as the things were getting into in the series. But you know, they have definitely left an impact. I think already a right in here we have the low shoe Magic square. Legends dating from as early as six fifty BCE tell the story of Low Shoe or scroll of river Low. According to the legend, there was at one time an ancient China a huge flood. While the Great King U was trying to channel the water out to sea, A turtle emerged from it with a curious pattern on its shell, a three x three grid just like the saturn sigul I was showing before, in which circular dots of numbers were arranged such that the sum of the numbers in each row column in diagonal was the same fifteen, just like saturn sigil from before. According to the legend, thereafter people were able to use this pattern in a certain way to control the river and protect themselves from floods. So that was like kind of like old.
Speaker 2: So I figured that.
Speaker 4: Was worth No, no, no, that's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 3: Then we got this one here that I will cover magic square.
Speaker 2: How you say this?
Speaker 3: Parsha Parshavnath Temple whatever it's in India. This is a well known twelfth century four by four normal magic square inscribed on the wall of the temple.
Speaker 2: In India.
Speaker 3: This is known as the Chatisa yantra chwatiza is thirty four, and yantra means lit or device, since its magic sum is thirty four. So I guess that's how they I don't know, so they're getting that out of there. It is one of these. It is one of the three four by four hand diagonal magic squares, and is also an instance of the most perfect magic square. The study of this square led to the appreciation of pan diagonal squares by European mathematicians in the late nineteenth century. Pan diagonal squares were referred to as Nassix squares or Jane squares in older English literature.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I thought that was all interesting, and then we have this.
Speaker 3: I thought this was kind of interesting because I think Dan Brown, you know, the writer of those books. I think like he uses this possibly in one of his books that takes off, Like I.
Speaker 4: Think it's in the Lost Symbol or something of.
Speaker 2: One of those things.
Speaker 3: I might even mention in here the order This is Albrick or Albert Albrick Durors magic square, the order normal magic square Albert Durer immortalized in his fifteen fourteen engraving Melancholia one or I.
Speaker 2: It's believed to be the first scene.
Speaker 3: In European art, the square associated with Jupiter appears as a talisman used to drive away melancholy. It is very similar to a hang To yang Hu square, which was created in China about two hundred and fifteen years before Dura's time. As with every order for normal magic square, the magic sum is thirty four, but in Dura's Endura square, this sum is also found in each of the quadrants, in the center four squares and in the corner squares, all of the four by four as well as the four contained three by three grids.
Speaker 2: And I know that.
Speaker 3: I think if you look, let me see, look at the square where this was done in fifteen fourteen. This is kind of why it brought this up before. You can rearrange the numbers if you're a gangster and if you know what you're doing. And I guess if it's even possible, I'm sure there's instance is where it's not possible. But he even set this up to where the fifteen fourteen was supposed to be there for the date that this was published.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, yo, that's incredible. That's what you do when you don't have an iPhone with social media, They gonna want you figure out how to do shit like this.
Speaker 4: There was no TV, there was no iPhone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did shit like this just to keep yourself occupied. Probably, well, I mean to this extreme, you know, I mean a little bit more than that. But I mean, you know, I'm sure like the stuff that we look at that were just like, oh my god, that's crazy. It's like, no, that was just normal back then, where you don't have twenty million stupid things to take away your attention from other stuff.
Speaker 2: But where I left, oh oh.
Speaker 3: The sum can also be found in the four outer numbers clockwise from the corners three plus eight plus fourteen plus nine, and likewise the four counter clockwise. So I mean this thing is like, you know, all over the place with him trying to he really really went in on reaching this. The two numbers in the middle of the bottom row give the date of the engraving, like I said, fifteen fourteen. And it's been speculated that the numbers four and one bordering the publication date correspond to Door's initials d A. But if that had been his intention, he could have inverted the order of columns one in four without compromising the squares property and I thought that was like just interesting about like how this guy spent the time to even get it to work like that. And then here's this, you know, another other picture of it that's up there in the corner, and this is the uh Segrata Familiar magic square.
Speaker 2: Put that up.
Speaker 3: The passion facade of the Segrata Familiar Church in Barcelona, conceptualized by Antoni Gordie and designed by sculptor Joseph schue Barracks, features a trivial order for magic square.
Speaker 2: I love how they call it the order four magic square.
Speaker 3: The magic constant of the square is thirty three, the age of Jesus at the time of the passion.
Speaker 2: Structurally, it is very.
Speaker 3: Similar to the one that I just went over, but you know, it's different. But I wanted to include that one because they did it too equal thirty three.
Speaker 2: That was interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I mean that's even a whole other thing just because you have a four x four square again, yeah, I mean that other one had different numerical value to it, right, So I mean it's so different, you know deep it gets crazy.
Speaker 4: With that, Yeah, it's crazy deep.
Speaker 3: And then this I just kind of wanted to show I didn't go too much into it. But I thought it was interesting that Benjamin Franklin had magic squares. He had an eight by eight and there is as supposed to be like a copy from one on the right. And then this you see his sixteen by sixteen magic square. You know this is in a July seventeen sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Another eight a.
Speaker 3: Magic square of squares Gentlemen's Magazines, July of nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: So I mean, that's pretty old. And Benjamin Franklin had it all right.
Speaker 3: So jamatria Hebrew jamachria. Jamatria is the practice of assigning a numerical value to a name, word, or phrase by reading a as a number, or sometimes by using an alpha numerical cipher. The letters of the alphabets involved have standard numerical values, but a word can yield several values if a cipher.
Speaker 2: Is used, which makes sense.
Speaker 3: According to Aristotle, that word is iso ISoP isoposiphy based on the numbering of the Greek alphabet developed in the Greek city of my Letters was part of the Pythagoran tradition, which originated in the sixth century BCE. First evidence of use of Hebrew letters as numbers dates to seventy eight BCE. Jamachia is still used in Jewish culture. Similar systems have been used in other languages and cultures derived from or inspired by, either the Greek or the Hebrew jamachia, and include Arabic Abjad numerals and English jamatra. The most common form of Hebrew jamacha is used in the Talmud and Midrash, and elaborately by many post Talmutic commentators. It involves reading words and sentences as numbers, assigning numerical instead of phonetic value to each letter.
Speaker 2: Of the Hebrew alphabet.
Speaker 3: When read as numbers, they can be compared and contrasted with other words or phrases. Now, the notor rikon is a Talmudic and Kabbalistic method of deriving a word by using each of its initials or final letters to stand for another, to stand for another, or to form a sentence or idea out of the words. Now, that's when I came across this. When I was doing this for this series, I actually didn't even know that this existed, this part. And when I saw this, I remember, I think I had even told you. I was like, yo, what's really wild?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: Like I and it's not like trying to pot myself on the back, because like I'm sure I'm still scrolling it up anyway, like I had remember. I'm pretty sure I have even mentioned it plenty of times on this show that I have always thought that the beginning and last letter of a word can actually start like meaning stuff and showing stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I think I've even said like it makes me even wonder like if a word itself is just like a true almost like a like a picture of something going on.
Speaker 2: It's hard to explain, but so.
Speaker 3: I thought it was weird, and you know, and that never came to mind to me until after I started having magical experiences somehow.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Something when it came down to a cult symbolism and letters and numerical value and stuff like this, To me, the ending and the beginning having.
Speaker 2: A connection just made sense to me. I don't know why, but I I started.
Speaker 3: Seeing that a lot, and I think I've even mentioned it on the show. How I would love to actually try to get into it, but it would just be so complicated. But I just found it weird that like I actually came across something that I was like, oh shit, I thought that was just like one of mine silly, stupid ideas. Yeah, it was just like I was just like, oh wow, that's a little bugged out, like I came up with that idea, like I thought on my own.
Speaker 4: It's like the alpha and omega of the word, the beginning in the end.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 3: That was exactly one of the reasons why I thought too, because it seems very important, the beginning in the end.
Speaker 4: And you hear that all the time with everything, the beginning and the end, the alpha the omega, I mean, you hear it throughout like in Catholic mass and stuff like that. So that's that's interesting.
Speaker 3: The word noterikan is, if I'm saying he correctly, is borrowed from the Greek language and I don't even know how to say that, and was derided from the Latin word notarious, meaning shorthand writer. Notre Khan is one of the three ancient methods used by the Kabbalists to rearrange words and sentences. These methods were used in order to derive the esoteric substratum and deeper spiritual meaning of the words in the Bible. Notrere khan was also used in alchemy until the end of the Talmudic period. Notour khan is understood in Judaism as a common method of scripture interpretation by which the letters of individual words in the Bible text indicate the first letters of independent words. A common usage usage of notoa khan in the practice of Kabbalah is to form the sacred names of God derived from religious or biblical verses. Agalah ag la an acronym for attah gibor layalam Dunai translated you O Lord or a mighty forever is one of the most famous examples of it. And I thought I had that in here. Here we go the example of the noto ri khan a g l e a tour gibor leolam adenai. I could say that so well, because it's in the lesser ritual of the pentagram. It's even used there when you're turning to the north the same.
Speaker 2: But say a most.
Speaker 3: People will go agala, althy'll vibrate ag lah.
Speaker 2: That wasn't good enough for me.
Speaker 3: I had to actually say what each letter was for, in which there is other people who do practice it that way. There's actually a people's will have different ways of doing it. Some people think you should say it, some people whatever. There's also one like right here al ro rita a cod roche akadoltho roche ekodu screwing it up cod on. That one I really wasn't that good with. And then sometimes I would just stick with albareta. But that is like another example on that's in the hexagram ratol, you know. So there's even examples of those like used in ritual magic. So what did it include then? And then we're getting up to uh tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow is one of the three ancient methods used by cabalists to rearrange words and sentences in the Bible, and the belief that by this method they can derive the esoteric substratum and deeper spiritual meanings of the words. Tomorrow may be used to change letters in certain words to create a new meaning for biblical statement. The Hebrew alphabet is divided into two halfs of eleven letters each, the top half in its usual order from right to left and lower reversed. Various arrangements form different combinations. And that's kind of like what I started to get out of this looking into it is that you would change some of the stuff around, and then it would make a completely different cipher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: So then like even if you're using it to write your own stuff, unless the cipher was still set up the same way, it wouldn't work.
Speaker 4: It's interesting that you said that the right write it from right to left, because during the Phoenician and we'll talk about it, the Phoenician alphabet, they were writing from right to left. So it's interesting they still do that.
Speaker 3: And here's just like, here's the Hebrew alphabet. I think I might have had this up before, maybe I went past it. I'll throw that up there. It does have the value. You can see the values on there if you want to take a look at that. And then yeah, here's another one, the Hebrew value. I thought this was interesting. And Aramaic third century BCE, you know, like that even had like some chart that was somebody was trying to kind of like comprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, that is interesting.
Speaker 3: And then English Dematria. Here is some of the like the values to them, the English and the Simple. I'll leave that up as I get into that.
Speaker 2: English.
Speaker 3: Kabbala refers to several different systems of mysticism related to Hermetic kabbala that interpret the letters of the English alphabet via an assigned set of numerological significances. The first system of English gematria was used by the poet John Skelton in fifteen twenty three in his poem The Garland of Laurel.
Speaker 2: Then we hear.
Speaker 3: Again the Agrippa code was used with English as well as Latin.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was defined by Heinrich Grnelius Agrippa in fifteen thirty two in his work Dia culta philosopher. Agrippa based his system on the order of the classical Latin alphabet, using a ranked valuation in his isopsophy, appending the four additional letters in use at the time after Z, including J six hundred and U seven hundred, which was still considered letter variants. Agrippa was the mentor of Welsh magician John d who makes reference to the Agrippa code in thereum Xthereum sixteen of his fifteen sixty four book Monus Hieroglyphica.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 3: So we're even going back to Cornelius Agrippa, and here is like his cipher's again fifteen thirty three, on page one forty three thirty three here I thought this was this was interesting, just real quick. The Mystic The Source eighteen eighty nine by Willis F. Whitehead. This shows English Kabbala correspondences. But I find it interesting how you have hearts, clubs, diamonds and spades. His book Monus Hieroglifica had a monadic glyph made by John d which was meant to incorporate a wide range of mystical and esoteric concepts. This complex symbol was meant to symbolize the unity of all creation, Influenced by astrological and planetary forces. D believed it held the essence of alchemical trans transformation and spiritual growth. By meditating on the monad, he thought to gain insights into hidden knowledge about the universe, transcending language barriers and tapping into a profound truths. Overall, De's intention was to encapsulate his inter connected worldview, combining elements of astrology, alchemy, mysticism, and metaphysics. And the reason I even read all of that is because I did think it was interesting that when you go and look at this thing that he had made back then, I mean to me, it does kind of have a little bit of a bafha met type of look to it. I think I just thought it was interesting to bring that up and that you know that again's going back to fifteen sixty four by John d. You know, so could he have even have had an influence with certain things? And then I, like again I mentioned before Willis F. Whitehead on English Jermacha in his book Uh, the Mystic Thesaurus, which I'll bring that back up now, and eighteen ninety nine in his book The Mystic The Source Symbols and Symbolism, The Mystery Zodiac, some relations of Zodiac, Cross and Man. Everything made to represent a thing or thought is a symbol, as letters, numbers, or characters. Every art in science has its own appropriate symbols. Every calling and profession has the same. Symbols are used to designate weights and measures. In the starry, constellations and planets are all known by their proper signs and symbols. Every letter is a symbol, and every character representing a number is a symbol. Also, symbols are born of necessity and are founded on nature and her laws. They constitute the language of the infinite and appeal especially to both mind and eye. Familiarity with symbols is essential to an education. As a knowledge of words is through speech, and as speech is expressive of thought, so or symbols. Mystic science, art, and philosophy have symbols, also, each containing within itself a soul of divine truth. In the science of number, duality exists as odd and even odd numbers, and even numbers are equally necessary to each other. Number is the language of the infinite throughout the cosmos. The science of numbers must eternally be the same all that exists. Every atom, dimension, motion, form, or manifestation is capable of being represented by and has perfect correspondence with number. The individual number of any specified ego will disclose every change of such ego's existence by the numerical action of such manner. Get deep there, and then a couple more paragraphs, and then I am done when it comes to When it comes to English, he states, the English alphabet holds everything within itself which to build a perfect kabbala. Its twenty six letters or thought symbols, correspond with half the weeks in a year and twice the points of the zodiac. By using the letters as capitals and commons major and minor sets, or formed whose sum is fifty two corresponding to the weeks of the year and the symbolic leaves of the Book of Thought. Following the above axiom, we put the letters in corresponding numbers as plainly and naturally as possible, each general column representing a season of this year with its thirteen weeks, and a suit of the book with its thirteen emblems. The twenty six major represented the zodiacal houses of the right ascension, and the twenty six minor those of the left descension. This kabbala is twofold, objective and subjective. The objective kabbala is that we have described and is an applical to all objects we may conceive as receiving divine attention, or that which is viewed by the all seeing eye of Ohm. The subjective kabbala is formed by the major symbols. The capital letters A two M are numbered, as in the objective kabbala, from one to thirteen, for the reason that love is both divine and human. The thirteen original regular and consecutive numbers also show the thirteen original regular and consecutive geometrical points to the divine plan of our Father's house, the celestial temple of the zodiac. The house thus built, is peopled by angels who ascend and descend its zodiacal arch. These angels are the seven planets, and their number being the central or pivotal number of thirteen. And also the sum of the primaries represents equilibrium. It's getting a little deep equilibrium. Being a divine principle, we next incorporate it to form a subjective kabbala, and to do so by prefixing seven ones to the number of major symbols N two T as.
Speaker 2: In column X. Not even gonna go on anymore.
Speaker 3: But like I'm sure at this point you're probably like, I really don't even understand it any Oh, this is getting confusing. So you know, I do think when it comes to even English kabbala, I do think Crole has even said it, and I have wanted it myself. I do question if the English language is actually purely based on occultism. No, I do question that, And you know, I think with stuff like that to wonder. Yeah, yeah, and now I think we're on to you and I will shut up for a while.
Speaker 4: Now, You're good. That was really good.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So across the pond in terms of you know, we're talking about Hebrews. The Greeks were kind of doing the same thing, and they were trying to look at the inner layers of words and peek beneath the surface of it all. So in Hebrew you said, the word kabala, you know, talks about receiving or it's a tradition, and it came to be used in specific Jewish mystical philosophy, and it seemed to have emerged around Spain in the twelfth century. They believe this school of thought believed in spiritual illumination from a received nosis, and they practice the technique of literal kabbala, which involved the interpretation of sacred scriptures according to number, shape, and mystical attributions of each letter in the Hebrew alphabet. So in Greek kabala is more often referred to as the literary analysis as opposed to the philosophy itself. And I think that tripped me up a lot, because I kept seeing the word kabala, and I'm like, why are they using it differently, And here it's talking about With the Greeks, kabbala is actually the technique, the practice itself, whereas in Jewish it's also the philosophy as well. So that was good that, you know, clarified that part of it. So Kabalistic philosophy became well known in Christian Europe during the Middle Ages, resulting in awareness of the Hebrew Kabbala and the belief that Jews were the original founders of the literal kabbala, or that they were the first to use letters as numbers. So this is where it gets into a little controversy because you listen to a lot of the rabbi's lecture and they talk about how the language originated with the Hebrew language, and kabala originated with the Hebrew languae, and then you read the Greek text we not the translated Greek texts, and they say, no, no, no, we started at first. And so you hear this back and forth. So I thought that was interesting, the.
Speaker 3: Little oh, especially like even in the occult community, conspiracy community. I mean, that's like the chicken in the egg. People argue that shit when we're never.
Speaker 4: There right now, right right. So they argue that the reason that the Greeks came up with it is because the Greeks invented the alphabetic numerals back in the eighth century BC. And this is where we begin to see the emergence of isopsiphy, which we'll talk about here in a bit, and it's going to lay down the framework for Greek kabala. So isoposophy or Greek kabala is the technique of calculating the numerical value of Greek words by adding the values that's been assigned to each letter. And then once you get the sum of that numerical value in the word, you look at the correlating words with the same numerical value. Is kind of like with the Jamatria, And I think the best definition that I saw was that Hebrew Damatria is Greek kabbala, so it the practice itself, not the philosophy, the practice itself. So it's considered synonymous with jamatria, and that words that share the same numerical value are viewed to be significant. And isosophy is now viewed or it's viewed as a tool because it was used as the method of divination back in the day. And this little diagram basically shows you how it assigned the alphabet to the number itself. So yeah, let me see one more thing and then we'll move on to the historical part. So in the ancient world, numerical values and letters were commonly used, and they were the standard system of numeration, as that there was no separate symbol four numbers as we see today or its practice today. Alphabetic numerology techniques and symbols were used extensively by the Greeks, insomuch that you see it in graffiti in Pompeii, and also it's discussed Greek kabbala is discussed extensively in the Marseilles Codex, which is part of the Gnostic scrolls of nag Hamadi. I think Hamdi he many something I don't know how to pronounce, not commadi. I knew it was something, by the way, not COMMODI. No, that's how you say it. I've heard it like that before. Okay, So kind of doing a little bit of background, this is kind of gonna take you through the historical record of first numbering system and then the alphabet, and then how they merged together. So while the numbering system originated with tally six, I think we all remember that part in high school back like thirty five thousand years ago or something like that, it wouldn't be until three hundred BC when the earliest evidence would be found linking a numbering system to the alphabetic system. So in three thousand b you see cuniforms in Mesopotamia which is today Iraq, and so this is where you're seeing some of the first writings of the oldest civilizations in the world appear, and you see them as ideograms or pictograms, and it's basically an object representing a symbol. Cuniform script stemmed from a system of accounting, and it was the form it was seen in the form of tokens, right, kind of like a money system, monetary system, but they were almost all associated with numbers. So while the exact date is still up for debate, it is believed that this type of script, the cuniform script, was used possibly as far back as the ninth century BC and even as late into the second century BCE, so they use it for a while. The protocuniform tablet that is up on the screen right here is from the fourth millennium BC. The middle image is a Sumerian clay tablet which is thirty five thot sorry thirty five hundred BC, and that's from the Marians that originated the sex jesimal numbering system. The base was sixty and it was passed down to the Babylonian, so I'm kind of going in order of how they And then the next script is the Cuneiform adaptation of symbols, showing that a sound had the meaning of the word. So they associated the meaning of the word as the sound of the word itself. And this is very similar to Egyptian hieroglyph hieroglyphs hieroglyphs, which is like a pictogram denoting sound and meaning. So then the Canaanite alphabet in fourteen hundred BC is the oldest known alphabet like legit alphabet, and it's Canaanite alphabet is synonymous with Phoenician, and I think Phoenician was what they used in the past, and I think they're now the literature looks like they're now using the term Canaanite alphabet, but it's coming out of Syria. Falls in line with the theory that the alphabet originated in the fertile crest, and the Phoenician alphabet is a direct continuation of this proto Kanite script. So the phonetic nature is one sound equals one symbol as you read it across and because of that, it made it attractive to other cultures, and so other languages that were being spoken by O their cultures quickly adopted the Phoenician one because it was easy to use, user friendly. So this first image is basically showing you the lineage of how the language is kind of descended from there, and that plays into the whole where we get the alphabetic numerals and how it kind of started and who started it.
Speaker 3: That X is interesting for the tau, for the tea actual with the circle you think, like the Zodiac killer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's almost like that they were using some of the same things we see today. I think in the A. I mean we look at the you can see how the A left came to being from that script. So yeah, and then what I was mentioning to you earlier is that there was the multidirectional writing system, and that quickly they adopted the Egyptian higherglyph linear system, so they started writing across instead of just all over the place onto a tablet. And then from there you see the Egyptian influence into the Phoenicians of like adopting that linear whatever. Another thing that I thought was interesting the Egyptian influence on Phoenicians is so like the Egyptian higherglyph for water is like a wavy line, right, So the Phoenician letter mem is an M, so if you stretch out the M, it kind of looks like a wavy line. So it was almost like they were trying to give letters meaning, like show that there is a purpose to that letter itself. Same thing with like the O, the Phoenician links to the Egyptian hieroglyph for the I. So it was pretty interesting, I thought. And so just basically the Phoenician alphabet is going to give rise to your Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Arabic, even Sanskrit. So I thought, that's also how the influence kind of comes downward towards that. Now, moving on to eighth century BC, this is where you see evidence that the Greeks may have invented and according to the Greek Abalah, Greeks invented it the alphabetic numerals. Alphabetic numerals emerge in the eastern city of Militus in eighth BC, and at the time the ancient Greeks had like acrophonic attic system that contained the first letters used to represent the first letters of the names of numbers. So that's where you started to seeing the link up that you had all of these like coinage or whatever for accounting, and then you have the alphabet. And then you see in my ladas and my leadas is I think I'm saying that right my lettas to city, you start to see that merging together of the alphabet and the numbers itself. So that system that they had was going to be was then replaced by the alphabetic system the signs numerical values to the actual letters of the alphabet. And this is where you see the Greeks adopt the script from the Phoenicians. And that's why I included about the Phoenicians. How okay, So the Greeks are the ones that supposedly invented the alphabetic numerals, but it was from the Phoenicians, so they grabbed that alphabet from and they were the ones. Greeks were the ones that added vowels to the alphabet from Phoenician. Phoenician did not have vowels at the time, it lacked it, so that that was also another edition. In that part, there was also a write up about there was a legend how the alphabet or was linked to Hermes, because I guess Hermes saw a formation a V formation of cranes flying, and so he associated similar shapes could be used to represent sounds which invoke the angular characteristics of the alphabet. And I believe Hermes would be Toath in Egypt, right, And so it kind of falls in line because I believe it's Toath who is accredited with the invention of writing ibis. Yeah, and then you have the cranes ibis. You know, that was pretty I thought that was pretty interesting on that one. And then obviously, like I mentioned earlier, the Greeks wrote from right to left, just like the Phoenicians. The Phoenicians were the ones that did the linear script writing from right to left, and then at some point they switch over from left to right. Also on the far end the images. So numerical words also appear to have existed among the Babylonians, insomuch that during the reign of Sargon the Second, which is like seven hundred BC, Assyrianis inscriptions were commissioned by Sargon the Second declaring and I quote the king built the wall of Corusbad sixteen two hundred and eighty three cubits long to correspond with the numerical value of his name. So you were seen even stub inscriptions being written on walls that were associating kind of like in a gematrius sense, words that had power or showed numerical power. So yeah, six hundred BC. Now you have Pythagoras influence. So the practice of using alphabetical letters to represent numbers first started in the Greek city of my Leis, like I said earlier, in Ionia, which is today Anatolia, Turkey. The system of writing numbers by u using letters would later be called isosophy. Aristotle would later write that isosophy dated back to when the Milesian numbering letters of the Greek alphabet notated as numbers predominate around sixth century to third century BC. Fun fact, the Ionian school of philosophy was attempted is basically where scientific inquiry started, like the whole scientific method and everything, and they were trying to attempt to explain it non supernaturally, like you know, the universe or something. So I thought that was so you're seeing a lot of big minds coming up with things in that area. Aristotle also wrote that the Pythagorean tradition practiced isosophy which has now come to be known as a Greek predecessor to the Greek kabbala or and Hebrew Gematria. The use of this Greek alphabetic system shows up in every work written in the ancient alphabets Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, with a numerical scene magnificance, so that each letter could be added from a single number, so it's like pebble counting. So these images that I have up here, that's an example of isosophy of how they assigned the actual number to the letter itself. The next image is example of how the Greek, Hebrew and Coptic copetic alphabet line Coptic line up with corresponding numbers. And that's the first evidence where you see the correlation of words with a numerical value. And then the last one is a headstone of found in the Temple of Artemis in Sparta, and that has isosophy all over it written on it. So deviating just a little bit, I wanted to spend a little bit of time talking about Pythagoras because I feel like his philosophy and his practices and his teachings pretty much laid the groundwork for all of this. Either ciphering or creating of the alpha alphabetic numerals and so forth, and you see how his influence influenced all the other philosophers there on out. So Pythagoras was while no authentic and this was another thing that I found was weird. There's no authentic writings that have survived of Pythagoras. So it's like, that's weird because you know, like with Jesus, No, he didn't write anything down, everyone else wrote it for him. I thought that was similar. What is known is his mathematical achievement, which we get the pythagoraing theorem, as well as his discovery that music and math had I'm sorry, the music had math foundations. And he discovered music intervals. And he also invented the monochord, which is that instrument there on the corner, and it's basically one string across a device and you can play it different whatever, and it gives you different ranges of sound. True Aristotle, we read that Pythagoras or Pythagoreans were the first to take up mathematics advance a subject, and they believed that the principles of mathematics were the principles of all things and used math for solely mystical reasons, believing all things were made of of numbers, which kind of reminds me of what you said with those quotes. Pythagoras believed that numbers carried sacred codes and were divinely inspired and created. He was the first person in history to elevate numbers to the realm of philosophy and religion. He made observations of sacred geometry and nature and important sacred numbers in orphic mysticism. And it said that Pythagora's idea that the numbers were the key to the nature of the universe. There were some quotes it said number is a ruler of forms and ideas and cause of gods and demons. Oh see. Teachings of Pythagoras formed a large following a Croton Italy, forming a freemasonry among the aristocracy, with Pythagoras as the master. So you almost wonder, is I guess I had no idea prior to this that Pythagoras is kind of, you know, worshiped or looked up upon in freemasonry. I thought it was just a mathematical, you know guy, had no idea that his influence was in that Pythagoraans viewed the numbers one through ten as primordial powers based on all possible numbers, so regarding the ten as the most sacred. And there was there was something about how they worshiped the number ten that every time they solved, i say, a math problem, every time they solved a math problem and they were going to celebrate, they would celebrate and offer it to the number ten. And they treated the number ten as like a goddess, like a deity or whatever. And I think they would sacrifice like ten bowls or something like that. And they had this whole kind of worshiper, you know, offering up in terms of celebrating. So ten decade pictorially represents in the form of a four tier triangular pattern of ten dots known as the tetractus, which is the Hebrew tetragrammaton. Is that how he's tent tetragramaton. Tetractus is a symbol, is a sacred symbol upon which odes were sworn to. And this is the whole worshiping of it all. So you see the tetractus linking in with the tetragrammaton, tetrapour, tetragramaton symbolizing it to tetrahedral structure shape of a photon. I thought this was interesting because there is some references with the Rabbi talking about gematria and letters and light, and he was talking about how letters, because they have power and energy, they shape light or they channel light. And so when you talk about the tetractus with the trauma tetragrammaton and its symbol the shape of a photon. Photons are the building blocks of matter and they're the package of light. That's how you measure light is through a photon, and it's pretty much like the basic elementary particle in quantum and the electromagnetic field, and it has no mass, like it's zero mass. But anyway, I thought that was a neat whatever correlation. Okay, so Pythagorean dogma that the arithmetic relationships were a manifestation of the divine and it was the voice of Heaven could be revealed by the use of isosophy later to be called jamatria. So this is where you start to see why I think some of the greats end up using and adopting Jamatria, because he's proving mathematically that most of the powers of these letters in with numbers could potentially be like a message from the divine Isosophe became important in magic, divination and dream interpretation and oracles. So apparently a lot of very influential people like Cobernicus, Plato, Aristotle, Kepler, and Newton were influenced by Pythagoras. And so, I don't know, I give him credence for you know what he said, especially if those people kind of were like, yeah, I agree with him. I didn't know he discovered venus Pythagorists did, so that was also interesting. But so he established a private school where the students were involved in secret practices of esoteric rights of math and science. So you hear secret societies and then you hear them adopting like isoposophy and using this for divination. I thought, it's kind of similar to the secret societies that exist today. This would be the foundation of the most important and influential work. He is accredited as the father of numerology. He practiced numerology would contribute to his beliefs that numbers had a divine essence, meaning that they had a sacred code. So he kind of harped on that a whole lot, and then The last thing I have about Pythagoras was his four concepts of numerology, and so basically was the numbers of the basic element in nature, and through understanding them would be to unlock the imustries of reality that everything is a number and the universe is mathematical. The second one is the universe moves in cycles, birth and death, seasons, day and night, epicycle. He had in there as the last nine years, in that each year of your life has its own energy and vibration as it approaches growth, so like kind of like a decade, you know, like and you think about it, you're like, oh, well, in my twenties I did this, or oh my thirties, I did this. You know you kind of refer to, you know, it being like an entire collective. Yes, So I thought that's pretty interesting. The third one, all things are in a vibrational state. Music and numbers are intimately connected. And I remember that from you talking about like music of spheres. So that was that's interesting that he had outlined that. And I believe that the third one, all things are in vibration, lays down the groundwork for musica universalis and for string theory. So wow, yeah. And in the fourth one, the transmigration of souls or meta meta psychosis, Pythagoras believed in the immortality of souls that are trapped in a cycle of death and rebirth, and the only way to break the cycle is when you fully understood the lessons you've been brought here to learn. So I was like, wow, that's pretty good. So yeah, he really liked numbers. Oh yeah, yeah, okay, so three hundred BC back to our timeline, you have no.
Speaker 3: Real quick you think, like, remember how like you mentioned kind of like a secret society little thing.
Speaker 2: I was even wondering.
Speaker 3: I was like, I wonder, like even in some of his stuff that he create, like Cipher's too, you know, Like but like once you mentioned this secret society, I'm like, well, if they're going to keep thinkings secret, I wonder if any of this stuff was done in Cipher's that they figured out because of the stuff they were into with math and America value.
Speaker 4: Well, one of the things about you know you're talking about that that so Pythagoras, I think, at the age of eighteen, took off to Egypt and it was in Cairo up until like his thirties or forties, and when he came back, this is all the stuff. He was spitten like it, you know. I think he learned everything there. And if they were doing ciphers in Egypt at that time, surely he would as well, I would think, especially the fact that he was so fixated with math and use isopsophe. Yeah, absolutely, I would agree. So it's yeah, it's pretty interesting. And one like a weird thing that their cult or pythagre and cult, they were like completely against eating fapa beans. I don't know. I think it was that they thought that faba beans contained souls or something. I thought that was really weird when I read it. I was like, fapa beans really of all things? Yeah, yeah, yeah. Greek Kabbala during this time we see the importance of Kabalistic numerology. A is introduced and thoroughly adopted among the territories under the rule of Alexander, the great influences in Egypt and throughout the Hellenistic period, as well as its impact on Jewish mysticism and the Hebrew Kabbala and the Sepher Yetsra in the ancient world. And I think I mentioned this also, numerical values and letters were commonly used and were the standard system of numeration. So after Pythetic so on, one thing is certain that there's like an overwhelming importance given to numbers during the time of Pythagoras. And then after Pythagoras you find that all the works of the philosophers, all the works of the mathematicians, scientists and whatever have this whole Pythagoras thought to it, especially in the Greek philosophers. So without fully understanding the alphabetic numerology techniques and symbolisms used by the Greeks, it is difficult to make interpretations and translations of the ancient writings of this time because it seemed like everyone used some sort of cipher or some sort of coding with alphabetic numerology. The idea of using sound as symbols, as sound symbols as numbers crossed into the Mediterranean during the Hellenistic Age, which is around three hundred BC to thirty BC, and the Milesian numerical system, so you have the so that that was another thing. So the Milesian numer system was going on during the time of Pythagoras, and you see that kind of spread throughout. So then you have the emergence of isosophy from Pythagoras, and then that was fully adopted in the Middle East during Greek rule and then goes on with the Egyptians, Persians, Phoenicians, Arabs, and Jews adopting it. So it's it kind of moves throughout and so I think that's kind of how the trend, you know, like they talk about fashion trends, you know, it starts in New York or la and then it kind of moves. I think that's probably what was happening with alphabet and alphabetic numerals, and that something was created in a certain area and then it spread out that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two hundred BC in Ptolemy, the second in Egypt told Me's table of Cords shows evidence of this Milesian alphanumeric system. And then here is a British map of British Isles from Ptolemy geography using Greek numerals, so it's evidence that they were using the Great numeral system or the alphabetic numerical system. And then the Greek kabala is extensively discussed in the Marseilles Codex. I think I had already said this in the Gnostic scrolls, illustrating you know, Greek Kabala influence as well, and showing how it was pervasive throughout basically trying to drive home the fact that they came up with at first, not the US. They're really trying, they're really bringing it home. Okay, So I think I mentioned this the graffiti and Pompeii. We all know Vesuvius erupted around seventy nine a d. And so it kind of froze in time everything, and so you can go back you see all this graffiti on the wall, and the graffiti itself has references to numbers, and some examples were I love her whose number is five four five, which to them it was like if you were to write five four five and an alpha numerical system, you would get her name. Another one was a Merrimus thought upon his lady Harmonia for good. The number of her honorable name is forty five. So even back then, I mean, and I'm not saying that to me. It's like, once you see it in graffiti, you're not I doubt that you're seeing the philosophers doing the graffiti. So this is this is evidence of it existing in the common man, you know what I mean, And that even the common man knew about isosophy or this alphanumerical system, and everyone knew about it, so they were using it. And it's weird to me because we don't and we don't even know of that stuff. Even some of the learned people, like in terms of like you have scientists or whatever that they they're not even familiar with it. So it's you would have to be specialized in the alpha numerical whatever. But even back then the common person did so kind of shows like a regression the evolution the mind. So okay, And then in one twenty one a d you also see it in political slogans. I think neuro oressus alcerman, their mother slew a calculation knew near his mother slew. So if you run it through this alphanumerical system, neuro equals one one zero zero five one zero zero five equals to the phrase he killed his own mother. So I thought that was cool. I was like, wow, they even put that in a political slogan. I thought that was wet. And it kind of shows like what was going on at the time, like you know how the I don't you see it what happens today.
Speaker 3: Probably still going on now. That's why when you run numbers and you're like, oh, this seems weird that it matches that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I mean kind of a whole thing of.
Speaker 3: Like, oh wait when was this again?
Speaker 4: This was in one twenty one a D.
Speaker 2: It's pretty old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doesn't mean it hasn't styled. It could be actually more prevalent, and well.
Speaker 4: That's kind of why I brought it up. And then you know, it's like why, I don't think it stopped ever, So.
Speaker 3: No, just the people understanding it got less.
Speaker 4: Or was it on purpose?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah. So in three hundred twenty five three twenty five a D. The First Council of Nicea classifies departures from state church beliefs such as isosophy as civil violations within the Roman Empire. Yet it was still being used with Greek Orthodox So you see an actual you know, church state take and action against alphanumerical systems. I'm assuming because they believe it was a threat, like why would you make an entire law against it? And they forbade the practice of isosophy.
Speaker 3: I know when I came across that, I didn't whatever I was reading didn't actually go into that much either about.
Speaker 4: Why Okay, no, I didn't. I didn't find why. I didn't find why either. They just kind of it was like a it was just a statement. Eighth ninth century a D. You see, isosophy is related to Hebrew practice of jamatria as well as in the ancient numbering systems of many other practice which is the Arabic alphabet. Jamatria of Latin script languages were popularized in Europe during the Middle Ages, and that's what that graph shows that during the Renaissance, it's still, yeah, that it starts to emerge. You start to see the practice of isosophy or jamatria leak into or bleed into the Latin alphabet during this This code breaking numerology exists today and especially in Masonic symbolism. According to the documents, numerals predominantly alphabetical until Arabic numerals were adopted from Indian numerals in the the ninth century a d. And then subsequently promoted in Europe by the Fibonacci of by Fibonacci of Pisa with his twelve or twelve book Late Liber of Assi, which is the Greek numerals using in the alphabet. So yeah, that's how it started. There and then you see it with Fibonacci. You're going to cover that later ninth century ninth century a d. Which I thought this guy was really interesting. Ninth century AD. Jabi Iden Hyen is an author of many works on alchemy magic chemistry, and he designed his experiments using numerology on the names of the substances. So he's kind of quoted as contributing to a large breath of work, like he published a whole lot of stuff, which was really interesting because I don't think he lived very long, so it's like either he was a lot or what or but there's belief that they don't think he really existed, that he was just like kind of like a character made up and a lot of people put.
Speaker 3: A name for a bunch of contributors.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, and so they get away with publishing and just put it under this fictitious name. But he was. His basic alchemical theories are all related to numerology and it's it's extensive according to the the Script. So in eleventh twelfth century AD, the official writings about Kabala and Jewish mysticism appear in Spain. Christians and Jewish Muslims are talking to each other sharing ideas, and this is where you see the first in depth texts of Jewish Kabbala coming out of this time period. So yeah, that's pretty much up to speed with the Jewish Kabbala. And then we're going to get into the next episode where we're going to talk about other famous people that had influence such as like Fibonacci. You have Agrippa, then you have John Dee, you have Peter Bogo Shakespeare, which which is also an interesting one because he wrote his stuff in Cypher's and Kercher and so I kind of wanted to create kind of like a timeline of like how it all started and then how it progressed throughout with these people that are influential, even though they're very I think they're not well known to me, they weren't well known, but according to most of the mathematicians and philosophers, they were very influential on their work. So, and one of the things that I wanted to point out is that the whole the word numerology does not even appear in the lexicon until nineteen oh seven, which you have all these people talking about, you know, associating numbers with the alphabet, and yet it does that whole word doesn't even appear till twentieth century. So yep, that's all I got on my end.
Speaker 2: Awesome, I think that was great. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I will be in the next one. I will get into how do you say his name?
Speaker 4: But jabiir Jabier, Yeah, I think that's his name.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm look because I'm looking at it now. I was looking at the people that I was going to cover next episode. I think this is the weird thing is that. Uh yeah, I think that he was very young, right, you were saying to the point where I don't think he was like too old even when he died.
Speaker 4: No, I want to say he was in his twenties.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, looking at like, you know, because they have an idea. Yeah, And I was like, this doesn't make him. I think I even said that to you. I was like, Yo, this dude was young.
Speaker 4: I was like, was he writing at six?
Speaker 2: Like that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was just like I don't know, but there's somebody else that I'm going to cover that I'm sure he existed. But they they even say the same thing that they think that might have been like groups of people and he was like a final editor and publisher. But in the next episode we will be going into some people for sure that uh hopefully will be new names for you. It will be some interesting stuff and you know, see what kind of what they attributed too. I guess occultism, numerology and even society, interesting history and just other theories on stuff. Yeah, and then hopefully the third part will be Cipher's depending but I do think that will probably be in episode three.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: The links for everything is in the bottom of for people who listen to their spiritual Gangster is also I just want to you know, I guess plug We do have like a new format going in case you haven't noticed it yet, so check that out. I think every Tuesday around ten thirty, we go live and kind of do a recap of the silliness of the past week, whether it's news, yeah, news, social media or whatever. There's definitely I mean, we throw some serious stuff in there, but for the most part it's jokes.
Speaker 2: It's a good time.
Speaker 3: So I highly suggested take a lookout for that, and that will be live on Rumble Twitter YouTube. I think that's about it, but uh yeah, that's probably really the only new thing to mention I might have some. I guess I probably more than likely I am going to Yale. I'm like almost regretting that I'm even bringing it up, so I'm like, probably I'm scheduled to go this Monday. Actually, you know, something could happen, you know, but I'm supposed to be going to uh Yale University with Mike from Hush Hush Conspiracy Hour, and they got some wild stuff over there that I was going to you know, film and cover some aerial stuff. Pretty much to me almost looks like the Universal Hexagram is like on the it's on the premises inside some town square.
Speaker 2: I think almost.
Speaker 3: It's cold, and there's a whole bunch of a cult architecture that we're going to grab and hopefully, like I will cover as well. So keep an eye out for that, because by the time this dropped, if I went, that should be coming out soon. So uh hopefully I'm not screwing myself by announcing this early, but uh yeah, keep an eye out for that. I think that should be fun and that probably will be like my first attempt I guess, like trying to do like a video documentary in a sense, it really won't be a podcast, but I'll be showing audio. I mean, I'll be showing video and pictures and stuff and you know my audio. Whoever I'm covering it with, we'll be talking about what's going on. No significance to stuff, but yeah, it should be interesting in something new. I'm looking forward to trying to do this. I'll take Yeah, keep an eye out for that and until the next one, everybody be well.
Speaker 2: Later,