Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and read it lip.
Speaker 3: Stay shoo and.
Speaker 1: Day and listening watching lim always keep its watching. And now you're hosts Cliff Berckman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Greetings, Bobo, how you doing man? Greetings Ursling, Oh man, are everything going good?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yes and no uh. One of my really tight good friends from growing up, my next Jorda. Actually, as a matter of fact, Brucio Bruce Bruce Bass passed away last night. Oh yeah, I went down and I saw him a week ago when I was down in l As. He was long. He's a vet, he was a Navy vet and he got really bad cancer. And saw him just we can go Monday, went down saw visiting him for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you had that time with them, you know.
Speaker 4: And oh yeah.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, you know, when when people pass, it's my personal belief at least like they're free. We're the ones still stuck here.
Speaker 4: You know. Yeah, he's doing okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't be too sad when one becomes one with the force, you.
Speaker 4: Know, right right, yeah, true.
Speaker 2: But what's good, But I mean, what's good if that's bumming out a little bit, what's on the good side of things.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful day. It's like the most insane day of the year so far for us.
Speaker 2: Here there you go, it's another small miracle, right Yeah, hey man, A couple of weeks ago, you briefly mentioned that you were doing a dog walking service. Is that Is that doing anything? Like are you walking dogs and stuff or what's going on?
Speaker 4: I did a couple and then yeah, my page, like I paid for like the background check, and I paid like the like the pit whatever, it's like fifty nine bucks or whatever. Then it clears you would like through your fingerprints and does like, you know, make sure you're safe to drive their dog or whatever to the park and that I'm still trying to get that figured out. So I don't know. I guess I got a refunding my money, and then I got to sign up for it again, so I don't have that, And I just got my reviews. My customer reviews from before didn't go They didn't load in for whatever reason, for like five or six tries, so I didn't have any I didn't have any references you need references and stuff, and then create a hates my picture. You're not gonna get any calls with that picture. I'm like, it's a real picture.
Speaker 2: I want to see the picture. What does that look like?
Speaker 4: Not good?
Speaker 1: I think you should go for the one where you're holding like the boomerang and you've got the hat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: You can't have a hat on in the picture, otherwise I'd be the photo for sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, there's a few dozen people listening right now onto this podcast. Maybe you can enlist them for some either anybody out there neither dog walked in the Humboldt area, or perhaps we need a bunch of fake reviews or cat fed or yeah, yeah, if you want to feed a cat or feed a cat to something. Maybe I don't know a lot of options here and.
Speaker 4: No dog caresoning.
Speaker 1: So did you guys get your week's worth of magic mind samples?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got those. I got those.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been doing it all week long too, And I like getting these things that they help. You know, I'm a coffee kind of guy, but these things absolutely help. They don't take the place of coffee. They kind of smooth it out. In a way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what I really love about it. I didn't try to like change my daily routine because I am a huge coffee person and I wake up super early. So what I've been using it for is as like a post workout, because I workout every morning and then I have first meal of the day and that's when I get started on work, especially on this podcast for editing. So I use it like the way that they intended is sort of like a mental performance shot, and I do find it helps me a lot because editing this show is like you're walking a tight rope of attention. It requires laser focus, and I love it for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I actually drink it before I go to do workouts. It doesn't get me generatet all. That's what I like about it. It's not a physical like I'm feeling my heart pomp faster. As for us, I feel more alert.
Speaker 2: It's kind of taken the place of my afternoon coffee because you know, in the morning, I have coffee. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. Melissa and I hang out and this is one of honestly one of my favorite parts of the day, so I'll never replace coffee, but in the afternoon, especially if I'm a work I'm at the museum or something like that, or even out in the woods. I've taken these in the woods because they're like little containers of this stuff and you can take them anywhere basically in the afternoon when you start fading and it's time for that nap or something like that. This has replaced my afternoon coffee, and I kind of like that.
Speaker 1: I use it for the same purpose too, so I use I've been using it twice a day because they sent quite a few bottles, and I do love, like you said, just the portability of it, because you don't have to refrigerate it, so you can take them on the go and it doesn't matter if they're at room temperature. But I will take one in the afternoon because I spend the first part of the day editing this show and sort of put off, like all my phone calls and everything until that's done. So usually by the time I reach that part of the day, my brain's a little fried from staring at a screen and all the editing, and so another shot of magic mind and then I'm I'm alert and focused and ready to get on the phone and talk squatch.
Speaker 2: What I'd like about it, because I got to be careful about my coffee. I am a stress case. I may not come across that way in the radio or anything like that, but people who know me know that I'm a stress case. I'm always fired up about something and stressed out or whatever. Not sleeping well, that kind of stuff. I guess that's what happens when you have three or four part time jobs. You're trying to patch together all the time. But the afternoon coffee sometimes used to keep me up, which started this whole cycle. It's like, oh, I can't fall asleep until two in the morning, but I have to wake up at six or eight or something like that, and then I'm just perpetually tired. This thing is not a caffeine substitute. Therefore it doesn't get me all jittery and all wonked out. You know. It's just a move uplifting sort of thing that doesn't affect me like until ten eleven and twelve one in the morning, like coffee sometimes does if I drink it too late.
Speaker 4: That's why I don't drink caffeine, because it just gets me sent at Jacked and Jenry and this doesn't do that.
Speaker 1: Magic Mind is so confident in what they've built they'll actually refund one hundred percent, no questions asked for any customers for up to one hundred days after buying. That's pretty remarkable. Not a whole lot of companies will stand by their product like that, But in my experience, it's been great. I've been using it twice a day now for a week straight and plan on continuing that trend.
Speaker 2: And you know, we have a lot of international listeners as well. This thing is shipped internationally over sixty five countries worldwide. There, so you know you don't have to be in the US to enjoy this stuff. Okay, listeners, So if this is something you want to try, you have a limited offer you can use now that gets you up to forty eight percent off your first subscription or twenty percent off a one time purchase with the code Bigfoot LT twenty at checkout. That's b I G foo t L T two zero Bigfoot LT twenty at checkout, and you can claim it at magicmind dot com slash bigfoot l t.
Speaker 4: Oh clif I'm coming up for sure to get by a trailer.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, really, when is this the third week of August? Third week of August. In a way, I'll kind of miss it, but all right, fantastic. Now I got to make sure that I'll be here or somebody will be here. Uh yeah, third week of August. Let's see what that looks like on my phone. Here, Oh, that's the twenty second. Yeah, you know, the only thing I have going is that the twenty second itself, which is a Thursday. That third week, I'm doing an appearance down at the what are they called hold On Second, Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Museum. It's a really really nice museum over there and right outside the Dowells, and they they are teaming up with the North American Bigfoot Center to do a Bigfoot exhibit. So that's going to be a featured over there at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Discovery Center and Museum. And they're doing a kickoff event on the night of the twenty second of August, and I'll be speaking there, I believe, is when I understand I'll definitely be there, but I believe I'm speaking there, and they're gonna have a bunch of stuff going on to kind of celebrate you know, celebrate sasquatches in general, and also the beginning of our special collaborative exhibit there, so we're pretty excited about that. So yeah, if you're there, man, just hop in the car and we'll go down there together. It'll be fun. Yeah, yeah, it should be pretty cool. But yeah, fantastic. I'd love to free up some room in the outbuilding. And you'll see why when you get here. I know I've been teasing you about it on the air and stuff like that for a long time, and I do appreciate you being so good natured about it. But you know, on one side, I do have a wife who's winging, so what's up with bobas trailer? And then the other side I'm looking at like, okay, well you'll see when you get here, like what the plans are for, you know, walling up a portion of the of the outbuilding. And of course I got my new lights up, which took forever, of course, because I did it myself and I had to learn about electricity and stuff like that. But the one electrical panel I don't have up is the one right above where your trailer is, So I got to kind of wait for that too, so you'll see you'll see why I've been poking you a little bit for it.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna lose a lot of class in that place, I know.
Speaker 2: And of course, and again I'll be a little sad. I'll be sure to videotape it leaving though.
Speaker 1: You should smash a champagne bottle across it as it leaves.
Speaker 2: It would shatter. But why'd you break my trailer, dude? But yeah, it's still a good shape, man, as good as good as shape as it was when it showed up at least, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in the same shape as when I left it. That's really good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's gonna be kind of a challenge to get it out of there, thinking about it, because we have a mill out in front of the outbuilding now, like one of those portable mills, uh huh, yeah, so we have to move that around a little bit. I have to start thinking about that. When when you get some dates finalized for coming down, you're gonna be around for you think you're gonna be around for a couple of days. Yeah, cool, cool. I'll try to figure out the best place to go out in the woods at that point too. Then take you out and do that.
Speaker 4: Maybe. Yeah, I was gonna try to do a couple of big pet like do some of that re ciling, and I wanted to put a maybe like a diamond plate guard over the front lower part of the trailer where it takes a lot of other gravel pop, you know, flying up and hitting it there.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, gotcha. I was thinking of a diamond plate. It's like a grill. I know that you wanted to do diamond You want to have a grill on your teeth. At one point that was a big point of view, like an abalone grill if I remember correctly, Yeah, that would have really glamorized your smile dramatically.
Speaker 4: I think it would have. Definitely, there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Yeah, I was out yesterday. I didn't get any tracks or anything like that, because you know, they are pretty rare. I mean, I always talked about the good stuff we get out there, so it seems like clip finds tracks all the time. Now I don't. There's a lot of days I go where I don't even talk about it. But I put about four or five miles under my boots yesterday, walked all these different roads and pulled some cameras and stuff like that. But at one particular place, man, I ran into a real big bear. Holy smokes. So I ran into a real big bear there. I pushed into this one road that a decommissioned road that I'd never been down before, but it has been you know, every time I drive by, the road gives me that one of those come hither looks, you know, like you got to come walk on me and look how great I am? Super sexy. So so I parked there on my way out yesterday, kind of the last stop of the day, around five thirty or six or something yesterday, parked there, start walking down the road and it is it is a rough road for the first two three hundred yards or so, like really torn up. And after that I kind of smoothed out a bit, but it's, you know, it's rough going. And so another couple of hundred yards down the road, I get to the spot and looking at the time, I think, well, I gotta get I got it. I got stuff I gotta do tonight too. I got to get home. So I say, well, this is a cool road. I'm going to put a button in it. And I just sat down because that's one of the things I like doing. Like the last couple of bigfoot encounters that either I have had or friends of mine have had, they weren't doing anything at the time. They weren't doing any antagonistic no knocking, no yelling, nothing. They're just there and the bigfoot's happened to be there, right, So that's kind of one of the things I'm doing a lot. And also when I went out with my buddy Gary, who is a real big hunter, he says, let me show you how a lot of people hunt on the move, Cliff, and you know, and I'm sure there's a five hundred hunters who listened. They go, you didn't know that, Cliff. You know whatever, I'm not a hunter. How would I know? So what Gary does is takes three steps and stops for thirty seconds, you know, one of those things. And he says, yeah, I've shot a lot of animals that way. You know, if one is prone to shooting animals, that's a good way to do it. I guess so, But I'm not exactly prone to shooting them, but I would like to see them. So I've been doing that a lot. I've been going to a certain spot then like sitting my ass down basically and waiting around for five minutes and just seeing what happens. So at the point I decided to turn around on this road, I just sit down on the ground. And then two or three minutes after I'm sitting there, there's a there's a crack behind me, like a pop a brush pop, you know. I go, oh, I wonder if that's the wind because there's a slight breeze, or if that's something, you know, And then I hear it again another minute later, two minutes later, I go, oh, maybe that's an elk or a deer or something, because there's all sorts of deer and elk sign everywhere right. And then a moment or two after that, crack crack crack pop pop crap, and then I say, oh, shoot, something's moving, and it's moving out towards the road. And so about maybe one hundred yards at the most, probably more like eighty yards something like that, I see something black moving through the brush on the left hand side. I go, oh, shoot, that's not a deer and elk. I hope it's a sasquatch because if it's not, that's a bear. And it sure enough it's a big old bear, A big old bear. You know. It had to be two to three hundred pounds, you know, it was. It was a pretty big bear for the kind of bears we get around here, you know. It kind of came up to my waist or so maybe my belly button, yeah, you know. And it didn't see me, and I'm just I'm standing there because I didn't want to surprise it or and I'm just standing on the road. It didn't see me, just assumed I wasn't there, kind of walked out on the road and I went like, ah, like that at it, just like I was disappointed, like oh shoot. And then and it looked at me and then turnedtailed and ran. But it did look at me for about a second before it ran. And it's amazing how many thoughts went through my mind during that one second, because this is one of those times, man, I just didn't bring my bear spray. It was back in the car, you know, a thousand yards from where I was, and it's like, shoot, man, I just really should have brought my bear spray. And like that one second, looking at the bear in the face when it was looking at me, I remember thinking very specifically I wonder what's going to happen next, because it could either ruin my day, change my life and my life, or have a decent story for the podcast today. And luckily the latter happened. So I've got a beautiful bear, man, just a beautiful bear. And I keep thinking of these people who see sasquat as to say, oh, yeah, it looked it was a color of a black bear. He's saying, man, it would be really I mean, I don't care what color sasquatch I see, of course, but just to see some a sasquatch of that, just like pure rich dark, you know, black color like that would be so cool, just unbelievable. But anyway, so that's my update for today.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Bluff Bluff Creek tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh lucky you man, there's I think there's a bunch of people up there right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bluff, the Bluff Creek Project guys are there. And then Alexander Petticov from Small Town Monsters, he's he's coming, he's he's already in there. Actually they're doing there. Thanks. So I wasn't to help him out for one part, a little quick part. I was in it be in it for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's cool.
Speaker 4: I like him.
Speaker 2: Man. We took him out to the woods like maybe two weeks ago when he was here before he went to the Ape Canyon trip thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Ask him to see pictures of the mine at the Epe Canyon Mine. It's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I will for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We brought him out and showed him some prints in the ground and stuff. I think he was pretty stoked, you know, Yeah he was, he said he was. I'm hoping to make it down to Bluff at some point this year because I mean, i'd like to see the fire damage. I'd like to I just like Bluff in general, of course, you know. And also I want to meet Eric, the guy who's kind of helping out at the Willow Creek Museum. Talked to him about some possibilities about working together somehow, and I meet him face to face and build a relationship there. There's a couple other things I want to do in that general area as well, So hopefully i'll make it down there. I don't know when, though, I mean, like, you know, summer calendars fill up really fast.
Speaker 4: I know, summer's freaking halfway over.
Speaker 2: I know, it's middle of July right now.
Speaker 4: It's insane. It's insane.
Speaker 2: It'll be over before we know it.
Speaker 4: It was cold here like on the on the North coast, you know, until late in the year, I mean like June. We still there was still like cold in June, you know, and then there's really nice last week and a half, two weeks, like really nice.
Speaker 2: I do like the weather. But being out in the woods yesterday, the bugs are out in force. Man, it is insane, that's what it was saying.
Speaker 4: It's bad.
Speaker 2: The air, the ground's all crunchy, so the tracking is terrible. You know, it's hot out there, of course, you know, the water's real low. Muddy spots are few and far between for prints. Bugs are everywhere. Nico and Keith try to get up to the Blueberry Bog and they lasted all of five minutes before they said screw this, and then they renamed the area the blueberry Bug because it was just insane, like it was. The mosquitoes were in their eyes and their ears and their mouths. They said, it was really bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was bad in Bluff when I was out there two weeks ago, it was it was. It was exceptionally bad. Yeah, with Pauli out, that's when we got the Knox that place, that's when we stayed for about forty five minutes off to the Knox. Just just kidding. Frick. I was like, and we were on a marshy spot. I was like, Okay, I know there's gonna be a lot of us, like there's always mosquitoes here, but this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The bugs can be ridiculous. Yeah, unquestionably, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. Well, speaking of questions, by the way, this is a Q and A episode. Why don't we hop into that because I know we have a lot of them in Q right now, So everybody knows the rules, everybody knows what what we're talking about. And we'll be doing a member's Q and A after this because members get their own Q and A section because we get to every single member of question. We just get to the best of the best, as many as we have time for for the regular session. But if you are not a member and you'd like to be, click that link in the show notes. Matt pro is going to put one of those links down there. Maybe you're interested in it. You get an extra hour of content a week. You also get this regular episode commercial free, which is kind of cool. And yeah, there you go. But if you want to ask a question, you can go to a Bigfoot to Beyond podcast dot com, hit the contact button and shoot us a question or leave us a voicemail. That's kind of cool that you get to hear your own voice on the air. And let's start out with the first waist bail mister Matt Pruitt, qe it up for us.
Speaker 5: Please, Hi, Clobo big van here. Been listening to Day one. Love the show, miss it very much. It's been five years since you started the podcast. Congratulations on that. I wanted to ask what are some of your highlights, what are some of your low lights? What would be your top three guests that you've interviewed from the past five.
Speaker 4: Years, favorite episodes. That's hard as I've used to that question about the TV show, but they don't get asked about the podcast too much. But I mean, Ma's been playing some of the greatest hits. And we started off with episode fifty five, which is a classic Sarah's Encounter sighting. I guess, I guess my favorite ones are the ones that people like the most personally. I was super excited to get Garrett Patterson on from South Africa at the O Tangs that I was super psyched for that. I was pretty psyched for doctor Gregory Fourth, the Indonesian expert on the possibly the homoflusienss, so you know, he thinks they're possibly surviving or surviving until the last century. That was great, Melgium was great, and then we've had a lot of good shows. You know. Got what's the ones that people have stood up to me? Uh, where people have commented the most on would be Dennis fole is great. Yeah, I guess those ones that stand out off the top of my head. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: As far as my three favorites, it's hard to narrow down, but I think Gareth Patterson, of course. I think that's a huge one for me because so little is known about the Harry harmanoids in general out of Africa. The very very few books have been written, very few newspaper articles have made print about it. But yet clearly they're there. If they're anywhere, they're in Africa. It's just that people there, I mean, I guess it's like any other place in the world, you know, like Indonesia or somewhere like that. You know, like the people there, Okay, they're there. Now what do we do about it? No big deal. We're busy making a living. Who cares, right, So we don't hear a lot of that stuff. So the Gareth Patterson stuff has to be high on the list. Now. Of course, I'm not going through and looking at all the I'm doing this off the top of my head, and my head's you know, flimsy at best as far as my memory goes. But I love having Chad Hammel on here. Chad Hammel the executive producer, like Field producer for Finding Bigfoot. I love having Chad on there because one of the neat things about the podcast for me, it was kind of like a similar thing when I was on the show for Finding Bigfoot. Traveling around the country gave me the gave us the opportunity of seeing people that we didn't normally see in person, even though we may keep in contact with them or see them at shows or something like that, you know, job situations where we're both speaking. You know, now that the show's off the air, there's there's I don't get to see people like that. You know, I don't get to see you know, Lyle Blackburn in person or whatever, or you know, any number of people you know, unless unless we're on the same job together, and job jobs aren't always the best opportunity to get together and hang out. So seeing having somebody like Chad Hammel or somebody on this show. I haven't seen Chad in years now, but I love the guy, you know, and so having him on that always means a lot to me. And as far as another top thing highlight, I guess for me every single month, I really enjoy these. I enjoy the Q and A episodes probably more than interviewing anybody, because it's easy. I'm just hanging out with Bobes and broots around here somewhere doing something. So yeah, I enjoy these because they're easy, they're fun, They're unexpected, like whatever is happening is unexpected. We're all shooting from the hip here. We don't know what the questions are and I love that, you know, That's part of reason. Part of the reason I studied jazz as a music is the improvisational side of things. That's probably one of the reasons I love The Grateful Dead so much. Is the improvisational side of things. So not knowing what's coming down the pipe here and having to deal with it. I love that. I love that, and I love it even more that we have an editor who cleans up our slot when we screw up. It's perfect. So those are always the highlights for me. As far as the low lights, I don't know. I don't even want to address secuse I want to keep everything positive. Yeah, he said the heis and lows, and so I don't know if you want to address the lows, you know, because I want to keep everything positive. That's kind of the nature of our podcast. If you notice we don't complain and bitch about people on our podcast, you know, we just we generally keep it pretty positive. We don't talk about other researchers, we don't really talk about other shows, we don't talk about other websites, we don't talk about very much at all unless we're directly involved in it somehow. And part of that is to keep it all positive because look around, man, there's so much negativity in the world. And then of course a lot of people get all their big Foot stuff from Facebook, and that's where a tremendous number of mentally ill people show off their flavor of mental illness. You know, let us keep it positive and we want Bigfoot and Beyond to be an island of kindness and a place that you can come and just feel good about something and listen to some big some guys shoot the poop about.
Speaker 4: Bigfoot, Bigfoot and Beyond positive.
Speaker 2: Exactly beyond positive, right.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: So anyway, that that's my thought on it, and not that I want to, you know, shun that that negative side of it, because you know, there's been better guests than others, and some guests have earned us some flak from the audience and all that other stuff. But at the same time, who cares. We're here now, man, let's enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, man, I hope that.
Speaker 2: Answers most of your question. Do you want to weigh in or you just want to skip that and weigh in on the member stuff.
Speaker 4: What guests requires the least amount of editing.
Speaker 1: You know, there's been quite a few that didn't really need much editing, like John wilk was one that comes to mind. There's just a few people that you know, just really roll right through and they have a lot to say, and now to be fair, just so that the listeners understand. When I say someone needs editing, I preface every episode with that. I try to inform people and basically empower them to understand, like, hey, this will be edited, so feel free to take your time. If you need to look up a reference, feel free to take the time to do that. If you want to say something a different way or say it again, or if you want to rephrase something, feel free to do that. So some people do celebrate that liberty, so to speak, and you know, they do multiple takes and things. And then you know, some people are just not really used to being involved in like long form conversations in the public ear and so they take really long pauses and things, which is totally fine, And I just tighten that up for the sake of the audience so that it's more easily digestible. So it's not like we've had to tangle with too many people who are just terrible to listen to. And I'm trying to make it listenable more so, I'm just trying to make people feel comfortable and no pressure. And my philosophy is always just like, hey, guys, just go ahead and make a mess. I'll clean it up later and then that way you, you guys or the guests don't have to worry in real time about any of those things. You can just have the conversation you want to have.
Speaker 4: Thank God, Thank Matt. It's fun.
Speaker 1: I always, like Marvel every time I number an episode and think, oh my gosh, I can't believe we've done this this many times. And that's not even counting, because you know our bonus episodes for Beyond Bigfoot and Beyond, they're not numbered, and there we're getting close to like one hundred. We might even be over one hundred by now, so there's been well over three hundred something episodes. It's just always amazing to me when I think, oh, man, we've been doing this for over half a decade. Yeah, it still feels new, and I really enjoy it. And as far as like my highlights on a personal level, like first of all, I love talking to people that I've never gotten to speak to, and so it was amazing having like Robert Michael Pylon, because I know you guys had talked to him a lot, but you know, I was on that call and i'd never met well, I met him briefly in Yakima, but I never really had a conversation with him. But the thing that I really love is taking people that I personally enjoy and that I've learned a lot from and bringing them to this audience. And so I loved that we had Daryl on because I've spent so much time with Darryl Collier and he has a lot of great insights, and so I was excited for our audience to hear him. The same with Mike Mays, who's a dear friend of mine that I knew people would love hearing from. Or Paul Bowman. You know, it's been a number of these people that I'm like, Oh, I can't wait to bring this person to our audience because I've, you know, behind closed doors, in the field or on the phone, spent so much time talking to these people that I just get super excited knowing that other people are going to get to have the same insights that I gained from talking to these folks. So those are the moments I really really love.
Speaker 4: Well, student, all.
Speaker 2: Right, should we hop on the next question?
Speaker 6: Then? Yeah, Hey, Cliff and Bobo, It's day from Dayton, Ohio. A big fan of Finding Bigfoot. I've watched every episode at least three times. And I've been listening to your podcast for probably about the last year and a half.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if I.
Speaker 6: Believe or not, but what I do love is the passion that you guys have in the subject and the passion that your guests have, and so I really appreciate that. That's one of the reasons that I've watched so much and listened so much. But anyway, my question is whether there's Bigfoot out there or not. When you guys go out in your night investigations, there are known predators out there in the areas you're gone, and just watching the show or listening to you guys freaks me out about what could be out there and what could you know. You could get killed from the bears, snakes, cats of all kinds that you talk about, and how do you get over that or overcome that to go out on your investigations. Anyway, love the shows, love your podcast and the finding Bigfoot. You guys are awesome. And keep a squatchy.
Speaker 4: Just carry a thermal imagure at night. You'll keep all the animals away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just have a camera with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have no worries because you'll never see anything.
Speaker 4: The other thing I'm really worried about is grizzlies is maybe a little bit, but not I mean not worried, but you know, think about it. And then the wild pigs down in the South.
Speaker 2: How do you deal with those?
Speaker 4: Though I haven't had to, but just that's something that might cause me a little bit of concern. But I'm not even really concerned. I just just noted like there is something. There's you know, a possibility of something going wrong with you know, an animal interaction.
Speaker 2: Definitely. I mean I'm concerned about cats in particular because I'm very dear sized. Bobo's much larger than I am. Is that why you don't worry about mountain lions?
Speaker 4: Bobo? Well, I know it might have changed now, but up until a few years ago, it was still no one over five to nine had ever been attacked by one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean no, I think we've talked about this before in the podcast. But I know here in Oregon you're not allowed to hunt them, or one isn't allowed to hunt them with dogs anymore. Is that the case in California now too?
Speaker 4: Yeah? First our started in nineteen ninety, so our population has really gone up since then. I think it's I think it's reached it reached its critical point around these areas, and it's starting even out because they've knocked off like that when you drive through oregansall world's biggest l curd, you know, seventy five hundred whatever, and I think it's down to like three thousand something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I worry about mountain lions to some degree, and also bears already concerned. I don't worry about them too much. But again, I told that story earlier. I ran into a bear literally yesterday, less than twenty four hours ago. I ran into a big old black bear, you know. And for the most part, if you can deal with a big dog, you can you can deal with a black bear. But now, of course, you know, it's rare. It's fairly rare for a big dog to kill and eat someone, I would say, and certainly that could happen with a black bear. I know that they can be very, very dangerous. In fact, I think more attacks happened by black bears than grizzly bears. But that could just be a population thing, you know, because there's a lot more black bears in America or in North America than there are grizzlies. I don't know. But for the most part, I don't really carry firearms in the woods. I do carry bear spray, except for some reason yesterday I didn't have it on me. I do carry bear spray, and people think I'm nuts for going out there without a gun. But there's a couple of reasons for that. Is I'm not really a gun guy. You know, I've got a couple of firearms, So I'm not a gun guy. And I know that because I know some gun guys and I'm not one of them. You know, I'm not a gun hobbyist. There's nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, I'm just not one of them. It doesn't tickle my fancy. I've got three point fifty seven and I also have my father's Detective Special from like nineteen sixty or sixty one, his service gun because he was in Los Angeles County sheriff. Then he's passed away now, so it ended up in my hands. So yeah, those are my two firearms. But still, if that bear yesterday had chosen to charge me, it would have been on me. And see, what has about three seconds at the most three seconds, and would that be enough time for me to put you know, a tiny little bullet. Essentially, I've only got five shots in the in the firearm. You know, could I put that in in a place that would deter the bear or just piss it off? So I don't think that a gun is my solution. I don't go to the firing range. I don't. I don't practice incessantly to get good at accuracy under pressure. That's not me, and any gun guy out there, gun gal for that matter, will know that, Like, that's not a safe situation, right, Like I think any firearm expert would say, oh yeah, if you're not practicing, then maybe the gun isn't your best choice for a deterrent. I think bear spray is because I've shot the bear spray stuff, never had a bear. I just wanted to see what it did. And I learned a very important lesson, you know about wind direction when I did that. But anyway, when you shoot a bear spray canis sure a steady stream of that vile liquid comes out of it and you can see the stream right So to me, that means I can correct, Like if I aim badly, I can correct in real time as the bear is drawing close to me. I can change, Oh I'm too far to the right. Well, I wouldn't know that if I shot a bullet at the thing unless I happen to see it hit the ground or something. But I can correct in real time and make sure that I get that bear in the face.
Speaker 4: It's like tracer bullets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, but without the singular shot. To me, that seems vastly superior as a deterrent. Then a single or five bullets would possibly be under that high pressure situation, and it seems reasonable to me. I mean that it's infinitely more logical for me to carry one of those than a bullet. And so the for the gun people out there saying, oh, you need a firearm, you heard my reason. Do you still think that? I don't think that. And as far as mountain lions go, you know, I think bear spray is probably pretty effective on them too. You're not going to likely hear a mountain lion stalking you. You might, but you know, cats are good at what they do. And the first indication that what is on you could very well be it clamping onto the base of your neck from behind, and then what you know. Oh, and as far as the TV shows go. Remember you may only see Bobo and I on the camera, but you know there's a producer there. There's a camera person there or you wouldn't see us anyway. There's probably a sound person there as well, and maybe even another producer, so they just because you see two people on television doesn't mean there's only two people there. There's Probablyy're probably surrounded by other folks because remember this important lesson TV's not real, you know, it's not the experience. The actual thing on boots with boots on the ground there while it's being shot, does not look like what you see. Always keep that in mind. Stay tune for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Should go to the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: Hey Cliff, hey Bobo, this is Ian from Olympia, Washington. I wanted to know what your thoughts were on the sea, Serpent River serpent phenomena and if you have any stories or no of any sightings. Also if there are any plans to have John kirkback on the podcast. Love what you guys do, and I'm always eager to hear the new episode.
Speaker 4: Thanks. Yeah, we can have him back on. He's got more we could tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I think that John's kind of stepped out of the public eye. You know, I'm not sure what he's doing actually nowadays. So okay, I stand Correctedbo, have a seat, man, relax.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But as far as the river serpents and stuff, I never put I never really thought about him so much until Bobo, when I did that Monster Quest episode back in maybe two thousand and eight or something like that, because we're we were on the Klamath Indian Reservation and asking around about bigfoot stuff, and a couple the people that we talked to, I, have you ever seen a big foot? And they go, no, no, No, I saw one of those river serpents though, And I go, what really? And like after about the third person to tell me that, in like a week, maybe four days, I say, Man, there must be really something. There really must be something to this. And when you start looking at all the sightings of these river serpents, especially on the West coast, they all happen in a certain latitude. You know, it's between like northern California and Alaska pretty much. You start tracing, you start, you start looking around the world for patterns. And okay, so a lot of most of those lakes that have reported you know, monsters in them like that, are the same latitude. You look at a loch Ness, same latitude. I say, oh, well, maybe there is something going on here, you know, maybe there is something. You look for other commonalities. They all seem to be tied to a salmon run. Even lock Nest is tied to a salmon run. So what are we looking at. I mean, they're certainly not dinosaurs. I don't think they're dinosaurs, because dinosaurs are reptiles, and reptiles breathe there. All reptiles breath there. But I think it's very possible that it could be some sort of giant like unknown eel of some sort that follows the salmon up the river during you know, when those salmon are doing their thing. I don't see any reason to discount that possibility. And it's also interesting to note that I forget his name, I know Melgrum was talking to him, the New Zealand dude who was interested in the E DNA. He tested the loch Ness for E DNA and looking for dinosaur stuff, you know, because reptiles and the way that NeSSI the monster there in loch Ness is always depicted as being some sort of plesiosaur or something like that. They didn't find any reptile DNA in the lake, but they did find a tremendous, surprising amount I believe of eel DNA. So well, is that something that that little tidbit of information surfaces after, you know, devised this hypothesis of some sort of like, you know, river ocean going eel creature. So that's that's what I think. That's where my money is. If I had ten bucks to put down on that, I would put it on that some sort of giant river eel sort of thing that follows the salmon runs up the river. But I know Bobo has more information because he lives not far from the Klamath River and has has relations with a lot of Native people who have seen these things and whatever else.
Speaker 4: What do you know, Bobs, I don't think they've seen him too Well, there's no salmon this year, but I don't think they've seen as far as I know here on the Klamath or they haven't seen much of them in the last couple of years. I heard a couple of settings it was probably god like five years ago, now, four years ago, six years ago, I heard like two or three settings that year there was a big salmon run, but I haven't heard anything since. And but yeah, I mean I first really kind of I found out, Like when I found out like, oh, these things are real, was when I was up in the Living Peninsula and I was in Qweets. They sort of been back in like the late nineties or so, and I was, you know, going around asking them about Bigfoot, and then a couple of guys mentioned, I can't know what the god what the Quinnaults call the river sea serpents, but they were saying yeah, they said, well we got these ones. And then guy goes, yeah, I just chewed up our nets. And they went and there's they had a little fish buying plant there from the tribal members there on the Queets River, and they had a process, a little process, you know, like the buyers can come in there or whatever and they could sell their wares, but they would mend nets and there was a like a small warehouse and behind it there's these nets and everything. I think is that these nets are fifteen hundred bucks each, and he was holding them up there's you can see where the sound would get hung up and by their gills and something was coming through and eating the fish out of the net, just biting like and they said they they'd hook it. They could, they could hook them, but they would just snap the line. Like they were so powerful that you couldn't catch them, and you couldn't net them because they could cheet their way through like anything. They could snap steel leaders and stuff like. It's, uh, you're not gonna they're they're not going to catch them with what they have. But I remember them telling me about watching the uh they you know, one of the they'd have something tied off on shore and then they'd from the other side. They'd take like a fill up big bags full of gravel that weighed about four hundred pounds each and they would have those waiting down as another anchor point for the net. And this this uh, this big one was dragged there in the daylight, right in town with a where the river runs through town. They watched this net getting dragged up river against the current coming down and then you know, it's a pretty just a good sized river and I mean swim swim up river dragging the net way down with four hundred pound anchor, you know, rocks. It's that I was. I was like, well, so this this is real, you know, I was tripping, And then when I went back down, I was asking something insight about like oh yeah we got yeah camos cameos, and like they all were like, yeah, yeah, yeah, matter of fact, we got there. We got the same thing. And I never saw one. But I was fishing on a boat ninety three or ninety four, I think it was, Yeah, I think it was ninety four. Yeah, it was thirty years ago. We were off Central organ I think off Newport somewheres, and we were dragging a shrimp and we were in pretty deep water and it was real foggy. We were out, we were several miles out. We were in a pretty couple a couple of hundred fathoms for sure, and all of a sudden we went through You go through these like you know, it was out there when you're in those fog banks. You also know from these blue holes where it's like a circle of like you know, like a it's like a meadow in the middle of a forest. You know, it's a clearing, And we were going through one of those. We were we were getting like real dirty toes, like we were catching a lot of by products, like a lot of drift woods, like you know, sunking sticks and stuff, or getting tons of that. Could you dragging that across the bottom and so you're getting all this bottom stuff and so we're getting like really dirty toes, like lots of buy so you gotta he goes by these belts like factory belts. It's like, you know, I love lucy skips for like you're trying to pick out the stuff that doesn't belong to getting backed up and the skipper comes out and this guy was gnarly and if he did not want to come on the back deck because you know you're gonna gtr asshoed out and you never know if he's gonna half beat some of the death that I was pretty wild. He came out, he looked he just had this shock look on his face and he just goes, did you see that? I was like, like I thought he missed something on the like I've let something go by, And I go, no, no, like what what he's So he was just in shock. He goes, I just saw a sea sea monster or a sea serpent. I can't remember it exact wording. What he's like. The thing was sw right off the port rail, looked right at me and kept swimming. It was undulating like it wasn't like a dinosaur. It was a like an eel shape, but the head was kind of funky. He said. It looked like kind of crossturing, like a horse and a eel and a crocodile kind of all mixed in together. And then it said it had like a main looking thing. It wasn't sure if it was just it's like some seaweed seagrass stuck around its neck, because you know, I could that's foot on the surface, so you know, if things going along it, that could happen. You know, I could see that happened like some if it had something to hook onto, you know, like they had some kind of bony protrusion up there or something, you know, like some kind of defensive armament on it or whatever. Like I could see that snaging that stuff as it's going through the water. But yeah, he saw the classic three humps, Like the middle humps were like the size of fifty fifty five goal on drum, and uh yeah, there was three big undulating humps and then the neck stuck out of the water about twelve feet or so. Then the head was big, like like a three foot head on it.
Speaker 2: River serpents, sea monsters, why not. I think it's one of the big ones that are probably out there. I mean a lot of the crypto stuff. I don't even think it's real. I have grave doubts about dog man. I don't think mothmann is really a thing at all. And you know, enjoy it, have fun with it and stuff, But I don't see the ecological niche. I don't think these things are biology. They're from just not interested in it. But I think that these river serpents and lake monsters, yeah, yeah, they're there. I'm pretty sure they're there. They pass all the tests, so to speak. You know, the native people are seeming to be aware of them in viable habitat. There's still sightings nowadays. There's an ecological niche for them. I think that they're probably real. I'm not particularly interested in them necessarily, like I am in Sasquatch. I mean, I don't have time for anything else but bigfoot. So that's why other people are interested in it. So I can see what they're up to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always said, I think I thought that discovered before the squatch, and then that open up bigfoot research because if this is real, then why not bigfoot too, you know, because I was sure they'd get one of those if they're just you know, like they're just a like a large eel or something. I mean, they're not they're not smart like a bigfoot. They should get caught way before a bigfoot. It's caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that people I think fishing in those spots or whatever don't have the gear, because even the big sturgeon gear, I'm not sure it would do the trick.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think so they said the teeth on them or like in saying that sounds like they you know, because there's something else thought there was some pretty wicked teeth, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so like a lamprey or something.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, so I could see, like, you know, something with the fifty sixty feet long, I guess the average ones that we hear about are mostly like forty foot thirty to forty.
Speaker 2: I think most of the stuff on the queath are the clamate. I remember, we're about twenty to thirty five somewhere in there. And I love how people say, oh, they're just seeing sturgeons. It's like, oh, come on, have some respect for these people. They live on the river, like they've always lived on the river. They know what a sturgeon looks like. Come on. It reminded me of that Good Morning America thing, that that hit job they did on the on Freeman on Paul Freeman, where they mentioned to West Summerlin, of all people, well maybe you're just seeing bears. I know, to Wes Summerlin, like you don't know what a bear looks like. Like some jackass from New York is telling Wes Summerlin he doesn't know what a bear looks like. But yeah, anyway, Ian, I think that's the answer for you. Thanks for listening and thanks for the question. Submit another one. We'd love to hear from you more. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. Why don't we hop to the next question and see what that one's about.
Speaker 4: Hello, my name is Joe from Ohio.
Speaker 3: I often go hiking in an area where there's big Foot sightings and I bring bear Mace. I was wondering if bear Mace would even do any good, or if it would just piss them off?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: In the background sounded like he was accompanied by someone who, in that brief moment, didn't sound terribly thrilled.
Speaker 2: Joe was here for the for the question. Maybe that person was there for the punctuation mark, Yeah, can.
Speaker 4: You plan it again for I want to hear it. I couldn't hear what she said.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it. Yeah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 3: I was wondering if bear mace would even do any good, or if it would just piss them off.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I think I might have pissed her off.
Speaker 4: All I heard was, ah, that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe Ohio, if that is your real name.
Speaker 4: I just I just listened to an old repeat of a classic of the Sasquatch Chronicles. Wes had a guy in there who had an in depth story about spraying one a few times and it just made it mad. And it didn't It didn't make it avoid It's like change its course or anything. It just just stood there and got more more angry. Then came at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not I'm not so sure that you died, you know, know be you know bear mace or whatever for a sasquatch at all, you'd be lucky if one got close enough to even use it. Yeah, and I know we don't hear from the people who didn't survive those sort of encounters with sasquatches. But at the same time, there's no reason to think that they would get you, so to speak, and honestly, how else do you want to die? Like what cooler way is there to die? The answer is none, by the way to that one.
Speaker 4: For a horrifying death. That's the one that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, big shark or that right, for a horrifying death. And you know, imagine like if you die right and say, there is such a thing as a heaven or for lack of a better term, Okay, so you die, you go to heaven. You saddle up to the bar in heaven, right in Saint Peter service the drink and says and like the turn of the guy next to you, you know, how'd you die? And it's oh, I like congenital heart failure, you know, the hospital tubes in every orifice, a bunch of needles and stuff stuck in me. What about you? Oh, I was looking for a sasquatch and one caught me and then twisted my head off and then family ate me.
Speaker 4: Yeah you win.
Speaker 2: You got free drinks forever in heaven. Yeah, and who doesn't want free drinks forever in heaven.
Speaker 4: I think everyone gets free drinks for ever in heaven.
Speaker 2: Clive Bobes, come on, it's my theology, it's my personal relationship with the bartender in jar. Yeah, but I don't I don't see the need for a bear spray for sasquatches. You should be so lucky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if one was charged me, I'd rather have it than not. But I think a big fit's really out to get You're probably not even gonna know. I mean you might know, but it's gonna be. They're so fast and they're so strong, and like we hear about them jumping out and snagging deer before deer which are way quicker, before they can respond. They got a broken neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're ambush predators, ambush predators that killed deer for a living, you know. And yeah, yeah, yeah, joehyo, I'm not so sure that you need to worry about that at this point. Give it a shot. I think it's about an equal opportunity as as staving off a grizzly bear under similar circumstances.
Speaker 4: I know, bear's got way more sensitive. I mean just the olfactory sensors of the bear.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 4: I got based in the face. I just shoved it off.
Speaker 2: Really, how'd that happen? Way again around?
Speaker 1: It's Bobo story, dude, he go see some things that all roo my classic.
Speaker 4: An EM scene.
Speaker 1: He's flying and he's going a kid, kill me high for you.
Speaker 4: Once again, it's Bobo story.
Speaker 1: Any description of felonious or criminal activity is being told here strictly for entertainment purposes, and is in no way admission of guilt or even true for that matter.
Speaker 4: We were down on a surf trip down on Baja and we were staying at Cobblestone Point. We were down there and it was Fourth of July week. It was packed and there were all these gang bangers from southern California. We're in this campground where we were at, and they were getting pretty out of they were getting pretty rowdy, and there was a few fights in the campground and between like surfers and them guys and whatever, and it was kind of tense. And we went to bed and about three point thirty four in the morning, the stage line comes flying into the parking lot and it's doing blasting huge donuts in the middle of the parking area, and like around the parking here it's lined with people camping like they have their you know, vehicles. And it was our buddy Fletcher. Fletcher is this huge guy. He's the guitar player for that punk band Pennywise, and he'd been out drinking and he just came back like way late, and he was shooting Roman candles out of this station wagon like dude, and he broke at least three or four windows and like dnin cars like those those Bato dudes from like up and in California had like you know, the classic low riders and stuff like that's their whole Like this their life, dude, it's like their most prized position by far, like they're their babies. And here's Fletcher springing with gravel and shooting fire, like exploding balls of fire out of them and then and kicked off this like riot down on the beach, like there's several hundred people involved. It was just nuts. And this uh Federally there was federalis that came and the Federals were coming through, and the one federal I pointed a gun right at me, like right at my face, and he caught the trigger. Because I was kind of one of the bigger guys there for sure, and like I was just trying to break break people up, like get my friends like away, and like just you know, I was. I was trying to calm things down. And so then he he luckily didn't shoot. And then but then the right like two three seconds, the guy right by him turns points and he has a canvas mace and he just blasting point blank in the face. And I mean I ended up, you know, running into the after about ten minutes, going to the cooler and taking an ice out and rubbing into the water and ice on my eyes and trying to find milk or something. But but I mean I still, like, you know, I was able to function.
Speaker 2: Well, what was it like when don't when it hits your eyes or did it did you close your eyes or did it go in your your nose or yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it blasted me like my whole face, I get into my nose and eyes and yeah, I mean it burned. Don't get me wrong, Like I didn't like it. It was but I still was able, Like I was pulling guys apart, like it was by sight was really blurry, and I was, you know, you have a snot pouring out of you and you're tearing up real bad. You can't see real well. I mean I was still able to I was still able to function and like do what I was trying to do for like another ten minutes before I like, once things calmed down a little bit more than I ended up running over to the cooler and trying to wash it out, which of course made it worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it sounds like a little bit of your resilience there was perhaps due to adrenaline.
Speaker 4: Sure, my adrenaline was definitely flun because I thought I thought people were to start getting shot, stabbed and stuff. I think I think the right have been. None of our guys got hurt, but I think I think a couple of surfers might have got sliced or stabbed or something like. I don't know if it was broken bottles or or knives or whatever, but there was a few guys that got injured kind of bad, but not not like for how hectic the situation was. It was like there was you know, probably quite a few black eyes and bumps and bruises. But I mean these dudes are like some pretty narrowly like you know fully you know, like face tats all that kind of stuff. So these guys, you know, you didn't want to be messing with those dudes. That's awesome, Like just get it calmed down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you try to try to crawl everybody into a dance off to solve the problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone go loose.
Speaker 2: I think it's a world leaders really should be doing. You know, like if you think it's so important to go kill people about it, then dance for it, you know. Can you imagine like presidents and premieres, and then there's like leaders of various countries getting together to solve their albums by having a dance off.
Speaker 4: The Russians come out doing their cossic da actually drop down on the ground like yeah, you know, kick their legs out and pop up them down and yeah you do like your traditional it's like you got served exactly.
Speaker 2: That'd be great. I think really even the playing field for a lot of countries, the smaller countries in particular, with perhaps not as much military budget, siphoning all that money off and putting into a dancing budget. But then again, you know what, Brazil would just rule the planet. Samba samba and stuff like that. Yeah, because you've seen the samba parades and stuff. Yeah, yeah, nobody could withstand that.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, you might it like the Zulus, you know, doing the pogo that pogo dance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, there's some amazing African dances too, like I don't even know what it's called, the amazing costume and like the shimmying dancing that looks like they're hovering, and it's like, oh, phenomenal stuff. And then everybody would just like end up hugging each other. That's my dream, a dance off that ends and hugs.
Speaker 4: It's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, all right, Joehio, thank you so much. Go ahead and play the next voicemail and we'll get to that one.
Speaker 8: Hey there, Bobo and Cliff, listen to your podcast all the time. My name is Holly and I'm from Texas, and I would like to know what part of Oregon near Mount Hood is known for seeing Bigfoot the most. Thank you and keep it.
Speaker 4: Squashy, squashy. But I thought she said I'm whatever her name was, and I'm a sexist. I guess it was. I'm from Texas, Yeah, Texas. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think Holly's a sexist. I don't know her personally. Maybe she did, I don't know, but I would like to think that most of, if not all, of our listeners are actually just fine people, and I'm pretty sure Holly is one of them.
Speaker 4: She said, you don't know me, mister.
Speaker 1: She's a gorg sympathizer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she loves gords and pumpkins. Keep it squashy, Holly. I guess I can take this one. The most reported sidings in the Mountain Hood area. In fact, all of Oregon come from Clacamus County, which is where I live. It's where the museum is. Lots and lots of people live there, and I think that's part of the key right there. Mount Hood National Forest actually is one of the most visited national forests anywhere in the United States. A lot of people come here because it is so beautiful, and also a lot of people live nearby in Portland, for example, or Bend, or you know, even Seattle. It's not that far, a couple hours at the most Eugene. All these places are within like two or three hours distance of mountain Hood National Forest and it is absolutely beautiful here. So a lot of people come here and wherever there are sasquatches in any number and a lot of people, there are a lot of sightings come out of those areas. So in the mount Hood area, Clacamus County is going to be the answer. In fact, part of Clacamus County is actually suburbia and city and other parts of Blackamas County, like where I live, you can't see your neighbors, you know. It's one of those things, very very rural. So that's why Clackamas County has the most sighting reports. But if you were going to come to mountain Hood National Forest to go bigfooting and then you're a camp ground sort of person, I would say go to Timothy Lake. Timothy Lake has a lot of bigfoot reports out of there because a lot of people camp there. There's like two or three or so develop Forest Service campgrounds on one side of the lake, almost nothing on the other side of the lake. And by those campgrounds is the boundary to the Warm Springs Indian Reservation, and there are definitely sasquatches on Warm Springs and a lot most of the Sidings from the Timothy Lake area, come from the south side of the lake closest to the reservation border. So that's where I would go if I were you, if you're a campground kind of person. But I hope that answers your question, Holly, who's not sexist from Texas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first off, this is one of the only times I can say this in the last fifteen years. I was coming from the I was coming to meet you, Cliff, and I was out there in my do you remember that when I was like hours late because my Google I showed you on the like where the Google Maps took me, and it was crazy down logging roads. I had to put it in four wheel drive and then I ended up coming on the back when to Timothy Lake, and dude, my squatch radar was like my hair was up and I was like there, I didn't even I didn't know I was a Timothy Lake and I obviously heard of Timothy Lake a lot, and I was like, no way, this place is like I and like I felt like I could tell where they were, like they were there's big foots over there, and like I I almost never get that, Like it's like years and years and years before I where I'll have like where I'm just like I know there's one there and or they're they're there them and yeah, like Toothy Lake. I had that. That was like the strongest sense I've got that out of anywhere in the last ten years. I'd say something like I'm like, this is there there right here. Then I'll tell you. I was like, yeah, I came up to this spot that was like, yes, that is Timothy Like I was like, oh, dang, yeah, that was squatchy, Like just just looking at it screams a bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stuff happens there quite quite often. I haven't heard anything this summer season yet, but most recent thing was less than a year ago. Really nice footprints just to the south of Timothy Lake. I know people who have seen sasquatches inside the campgrounds. At like four in the morning, something will come up. They went to go take a leak or something and they saw a sasquatch from it a stance, but it's still like you know that gray light early morning stuff walking away from one of the dumpsters in there. I think an excellent strategy would be find out what days they pick up the dumpsters and then camp a night or two before that, you know, so the dumpsters are nice and full, and just stay up and put a therm on those dumpsters and check it out. You know. I think that's been an excellent strategy. And if I didn't have such a revulsion to camp around other people, that something that I would probably do too, But I just cannot tolerate to do that, so I won't.
Speaker 4: Yeah in either.
Speaker 2: All right, so we have one more voicemail, so we're going to tackle that and then pop off and go do the members section, because the members get their own Q and A. And of course, if anybody wants to submit a question for the regular episodes for next month, you can do so by going to Big Thing to Beyond podcast dot com and hitting the contact button and leading us a voicemail or typing up a question. This episode, we only got to voicemails, which is kind of cool. I really do like listening to people as opposed to reading their questions, So yeah, go ahead. Mister Matt Brute played the last one for us.
Speaker 1: This one's great because it includes an impression of Bobo doing an impression, so listen to well.
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm a big fan. I just want to know your greatest stories from that Moneymaker throughout finding Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Here's do the money Maker a personation, not a bobo impersonation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you always going wow, hell when you're doing that. So you've done it on the podcast a bunch of times, and I think that, Yeah, that's so, that's I think what he's aimed for. Okay, so it's like an inception.
Speaker 2: Well you know, you know why a moneymaker does how you know why he does that? It's a la Vernon Shirley reference. Yeah, yeah, I asked him. You said, yeah, you sound like Squiggy from Lavernon Shirley. He goes, oh, yeah, that's what that's what I'm doing. I said, no kidding, I've known you for years and I'm just learning that now.
Speaker 4: I knew. I knew he was doing it. Yeah, I knew it was just the way he did it because he did it really well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you know, like half our audience is like, what what's Lavernon Shirley We got.
Speaker 4: For the old audience? Because you should see the numbers. We're younger than our average listener, aren't. No, yeah really yeah. The numbers I saw was I think like our average aged listener was like sixty four or something. Oh, you know what, I'm sorry, it's not it's not that it's my Facebook page. That's that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, But God, the best, the best money maker stories, actually the best stories about any of us should never be told. Supper cat fires, Yeah, just should never be told. And there should always be a level of plausible deniability I think in all of these.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, the one that comes to mind that I think is a great story that I don't think Matt would mind us telling or sharing was the boat in Vermont.
Speaker 4: I laugh every time.
Speaker 2: I often forget about it, but uh, Matt was in a bad mood that night. I do remember that, and he if you look at the Vermont episode, the whole thing was like search technique wise, we're around this lake somewhere. I forget where Matt was gonna be in the boat and we're gonna be walking around doing what will be doing? I think somebody was gonna be call. You were gonna be calling somewhere. I forget what it was. But Matt was in a bad mood that night, and he was generally a little unco operative, shall we say, Well, yeah, he was having a hard time that week or whatever. And and basically at the end of the day he was he, oh, it was a rowboat. He didn't want to didn't want a row so he had the production find an electric motor somehow, And and right when he got out on the on the on the boat not far from shore, like fifteen twenty thirty feet from shore, he shifted weight somehow and the boat went under, like he capsized the boat somehow.
Speaker 4: Well it was it was the production's fault because it didn't tell him that if you if he went back over this because it was a time that was like, you know, an eight foot little dinghy sabath looking thing, and he uh, he went to the back and there he leaned over to look. He leaned over the back to look over like where the engine was, and it just you know, flipped up and then flipped over. And I was I was watching Matt from I was looking from above, looking down at him, and I remember just seeing like like, oh, he dropped his light and splash it. I was like, no, this is awesome. And then I hear like his cussing, and then I don't hear anything, and then his light was underwater and all of a sudden, this light comes to the surface, and you just heard Monaker screaming and cussing because it was it was below freezing. It was like twenty something degrees that night, and the water was like probably thirty eight degrees or something, and money taker just goes into it, just bloop and he then so he was mad that the production didn't warn didn't warn him about leaning over the back of a little boat like that, how you could flip it. And he was just screaming and hollering, and then he cussed out, like and he blamed it on a howl Chad. You didn't, you know, like he's giving Jad Chad grief about not properly instructing him on how to use that boat, and so it was his fault that he got all wet, and so yeah, I go take it out of a cliff.
Speaker 2: Well, I do remember he got back on shore and then he looked out and he saw his light on the bottom of the lake. And to Matt's credit, he swam out in the lake and freezing temperatures and went down and retrieved his light. But you know, the rest of the we and we seldom shot the night stuff yet, so Matt still had to go out on the boat and still had to get filmed doing the stuff well, and we still had to go walk around and do our deal and stuff. So if you ever watched that Vermont episode, Matt didn't get a lot of camera time for a very good reason. And when he was on camera his bummed out facial expression. Well, now you know why. Now you know why. And of course there's more to it than that and stuff, and it was just a heck of an evening, like so many of the other ones were just a heck of an evening. Really difficult to get through sometimes because that's big footing and if something can go wrong, it will go wrong almost every single time. And that was kind of the story of finding Bigfoot. Somehow we made it through, somehow we recorded sasquatches, and somehow people enjoyed the show, So that's all that matters at this point. Yeah, a lot of stuff I didn't get to see. I just heard about it afterwards from production or something like. There was one scene I get I think we're in Michigan up somewhere. I think that he was supposed to be in this little blind yeah, I guess, with iron lights around him and stuff and like, and he was out solo doing a thing while we're walking around doing our thing, and he was at this one position and I guess he fell asleep when the camera was on. He fell asleep on camera, So they just reshoot some of that for later. I don't know, but TV man, it's one of those things. But you know, Matt, Matt is prone to fall asleep anyway.
Speaker 4: He's the best, he's a champ, he's a world chap. But sleeping like drop of a hat anywhere, Like, oh, there's a pile of broken glass and rocks, I'll sleep there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on top of a cooler and then like a small cooler. He'll curl up and fell asleep in restaurants and stuff. Yeah, he's got a gift, man.
Speaker 4: He's kind of he does that Buddha pos like he's laying on his side with his with his hand and hold his head up on one side on his elbow. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was such a it was such a common theme that towards the end of the show, not at the very end, but towards the end of the show, we all kind of threw our pictures of Matt in that one position together made a calendar out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, waiting on snow, parking lots, laundry mats.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Yeah, there's a couple of stories for you there. I hope that satisfies your need for moneymaker stories.
Speaker 4: No, it just wets it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all have it. We all have that need.
Speaker 4: Mine's a full raging desire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yours is an addiction man moneymaker stories. Well, there you go, kids, Thanks for listening. Squash gtears really appreciate it. If you have a question, you can alwaysubmit it at the website Bigfit and Beyond podcast dot com. Hit the contact button, leave us some message, leave us a voicemail, write the question out. We don't care to send them to us. We'll we'll be getting too more of these next month. Thank you very much for listening. And if you want to be a member, hit that that link that mister Matt Preuitt put in the show notes below.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and please hit like and share because that helps us spread the word. So if you ever done that, please do that like and share. Yeah, it would be stoked.
Speaker 2: If you can find a like and share button, by god, by all means, hit it. And if you can't, just pretend there's one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, smash it, but yeah. So thanks for joining us, folks, and we'll be back next week and until then, you all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond. That's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond. You don't under change