Speaker 1: Fluid Fluent RG.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Fluent Fiction Mandarin Chinese, the podcast where we bring you bilingual stories to supercharge your listening comprehension. In each episode, we'll present a short story in both English and Mandarin Chinese with the aim of helping you to improve your listening comprehension.
Speaker 3: In this episode, we'll journey through time with Ciawu and Ming as they bridge the gap between ancient treasures and modern insights amidst the vast stretches of the Great Wall.
Speaker 2: Right after this commercial break.
Speaker 4: At Fluent Fiction, we're not just telling stories. We're bringing the world together by learning to understand each other. By subscribing to Fluent Fiction Plus. At Plus dot fluentfiction dot org, you do more than just remove ads. You support a platform bridging global language differences, one story at a time. Your subscription not guarantees you an uninterrupted narrative, it also sustains our mission to bring stories in diverse languages to everyone. It's simple. Visit Plus dot Fluentfiction dot org and become a Plus subscriber today. When you do, you become a champion for global language learning and enjoy an ad free experience. So please join us at Plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Let's transform the way we experience the power of stories. Your journey awaits at plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Together, we can keep the world's stories flowing.
Speaker 1: Chiu desarli chanchanzay dayendalone han quadadi yokman chlu Pusi, Senna shu yi ye nantinzichuda longjoi sin sin sel mudung swa, your sir banyan jibut hong, the sir sell you shig delishchumah using, the sash Takawan Santa da jaan shi tatawan huaiy chang jim mean the shiga chuma Huai, the tayu ji Tatuku died, Saint Dawuan Huadbia tuma Hati, the shi hod on, the Zujiju tanu li yan jungatand it boy children don't hold the singtu sell you dadji eating tanta tell samud yo ka so that go out. The chang chung shak taxing fan the danzi, may you question to the lishi, it's the true chungfun sin jin, the juang shiman the gull ship Yaha means shushi da don't tata qua tatsung shi Zhangu died the shooting you Sendai Kristi y doby yah sell you Tashi Kwai is the danzi fung ship shangfung tin shah in Mian trail, will I tell her teafain selling Yami in daring and Jazi means yo Yashi died in luck Takashi Tayo Kura gandir sayta shid di la la tu da da gaidar kujig golaud the chang chung hanatyamha si shina so da chang chuangda iso golau from Tasha mean king sala sho da gansa Julie Wogan should go dashi being that's about that way good ding ding ta huang Jodan sad isshue j I ka tada sell s na simbe wuddy shook mean to sell you shod wod go da when Hua you sind Li sizing me sell you yo jun the way cell and si lah tong go jous the t ya sell you kanja the sin dongo yourself are I mean the yhid li shidda ju Yeah, that way like the tansu Jesi Changza Jugula gushi da difa Yen, Bui Hui Sa Si Yujitsu na Wanda one Hua Jili Nina and da tini si Tuimlisiya Chiang Chang Yiju Jininjulija fang Fuza shu Shuja gundosind Li shi Phinja.
Speaker 3: Let's take another listen. Listen closely to any parts you may have missed.
Speaker 1: Chi Desaili, chang Chuan zai yan guanzha wan Huiyosu da wa Yen, the loon hang qua da di.
Speaker 3: In the scorching summer sun, the chang Chung or the great Wall stretches across the land like a gigantic winding dragon.
Speaker 1: Yokmen Chulu Busi Senna shun jung yi ye Nantinzi and bu Yen Chuda lung Jusi Tinjuhu doun Shu.
Speaker 3: Streams of tourists come and go, and amidst the noise, the sounds of nearby Longhou festivals celebrations can be faintly heard.
Speaker 1: Simu Hua jung Suzie s by jun.
Speaker 3: In today's cultural exchange program, three characters take on different roles Seo.
Speaker 1: Yu Shi Li Shi Chu Manu Taka Tadu Huayi Chuan Chime.
Speaker 3: Siaoyu is a student passionate about history, eager to showcase the beauty of her cultural heritage.
Speaker 1: Ninza Shi chu ma Huai the tay Juda hud chu.
Speaker 5: Ma ha Ti.
Speaker 3: Ming is a skeptical participant, curious about the comparison between ancient and modern culture.
Speaker 1: Jiashi Huju ta li janutuand sins Jia.
Speaker 3: The organizer of the event works hard to maintain the group's strong interest.
Speaker 1: Seo Yi daiji Chin Tanza Zeo lu sel mud Yo ku so Zagula the chang Chun Shah.
Speaker 3: Siaoyu leads a group of tourists participating in the exchange program walking along the ancient Great Wall.
Speaker 1: Tai sing fun danzie meh kueshto de li Shi yze chu chung fun sen Jin the Jshimen the gu Shi.
Speaker 3: She excitedly explains the history of each stone and the stories of the warriors who fought here.
Speaker 1: Jah Minshubushi Da Dun Tadhi Tatsun shizieng gu da de Shi jing Yi Sendai Kursi yidi Jaan, Seo Yi Kaishi Hua Zizi de Daan Xhiefun.
Speaker 3: Sh However, Ming frequently interrupts her, always comparing ancient events with modern technology, causing Siaoyu to doubt her approach.
Speaker 1: Shaangfun Ting shah Ying Yenchu.
Speaker 3: La, a refreshing mountain breeze blows in.
Speaker 1: Will it tyl Hurzifin sah Yiji Diing Jaming daili Hi dun Jiangxi.
Speaker 3: To ease the atmosphere, Siayu decides to let Ming lead a portion of the explanation.
Speaker 1: Ning su yu ye da hai Shi dai Jin lah Ta Kai Shi Husitai Yo kur fun Shantai de Guandie Sendai Shiji Dai La La Tu da the Gai Bier kur Jigu Gula the Chang chung Hananvio woman Shamshi Shina.
Speaker 3: Although hesitant, Ming agrees and he begins to share his perspective with the other tourists. The modern world has brought about great changes, but what insights can this ancient great wall still provide us?
Speaker 1: So Thou chang chuangd Yizugu La fun Hua tay shah Ning King Salai Shu da Jiang Zai Jiuli Wu nan gan Sho gu Daeshi Bing sabajaueg Tieni.
Speaker 3: Upon reaching an ancient beacon tower on the Great Wall, Ming stops and says, standing here, I can feel the determination of ancient soldiers defending their homeland.
Speaker 1: Ta huan gu si ju gaan u jizo sa de li shi ji ku tade ye luisa de sim.
Speaker 5: Be u s ma.
Speaker 3: He looks around, contemplating the history beneath his feet, and in that moment his doubts gradually dissipate, his heart filled with boundless respect.
Speaker 1: Hudun jieshu ho minty sell yu shuda wudu gu da oun hi yole sin de lisi sizi ni.
Speaker 3: After the activity, Ming says to Siaoyu, I have a new understanding of ancient culture.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sell yu yu jun Luisa and si La.
Speaker 3: Siayu smiles sincerely, feeling relieved.
Speaker 1: Tong gur j ti ye say yu gunjatsi sin nongu yo Shao chun dadadu huadja i mean za yeshid a li shi deja ji ye yi Zawila gundod tansu Jesi chuan zha jugula gushid Difa.
Speaker 3: Through this experience, Siayu gains more confidence in effectively conveying her pride in her culture, while Ming realizes the value of history and is willing to explore these places filled with ancient stories more in the future.
Speaker 1: Jack Canjila jen Budi Hui Si Sa Si yujis Na Wanda wu Hua jou Jili.
Speaker 3: Watching the two of them, Jia can't help but smile, content with this unforgettable cultural exchange journey ning l.
Speaker 1: And Tinji Si tum Molisiya Chiang chung Yizu tin zin Juli ja uh fan Fu Shu Shuja gund li ship Phinja.
Speaker 3: The bright skyline swallows the sunset, and the Great Wall still stands quietly, seemingly telling more untold stories of history.
Speaker 2: Today's vocabulary words are coming up right after this commercial break. Here are today's vocabulary words, first in Mandarin Chinese, then in English.
Speaker 5: Chiji da chij the chiji da, scorching, chita chach that gigantic way ye whey yeah, whay yeah, winding.
Speaker 1: Fun huata fun huatai fun huata beacon ye yeah ye yeah, ye yeah, faintly Haii Haii Haii, skeptical, each chant, each chant, each chant, heritage, Kulla kulla, kullah, eager, sujija, suji ju sujija, Organizer, tay you Ja, tay you ja, tay you Ja, participant gangu ja, gangujah gang Jah.
Speaker 3: Contemplating Gwendie, Gwendie, Gwendie, perspective Si shi z sh zi Shi insights.
Speaker 1: Ziend ziend ziending.
Speaker 3: Determination, trenda trenda Tranda convey us ushi ushi boundless and see and see and see relieved. When Hua wuang whoa when Hua cultural how tie how see how Ti curious Gula Gulau Gulau, ancient sindba shin that shind that modern.
Speaker 1: Shamful, shamful, shamful.
Speaker 3: Breeze el ye.
Speaker 1: Ye doubt yojo yojo yo.
Speaker 3: Juel sincerely, yeah, yeah, yeah, pride now wha now wa now whah unforgettable Lie Lie Lie journey, pim Ma, pim Ma, pim Ma. Overwhelmed. Jewel jewel, jewel amidst mean la mean yeah mean yea shimmering.
Speaker 2: We hope you've enjoyed this episode of Fluent Fiction Mandarin Chinese. Our team works tirelessly to bring you high quality, engaging content that will help you to reach your goals, but we can't do it alone. Your support is crucial in keeping our doors open and our content flowing. Please consider becoming a Premium subscriber. To day you'll get more stories, no ads, custom episode requests and more. Visit w w W dot Fluent fiction dot Org, Premium Mandarin Chinese. Thanks for listening, and now a final word from our sponsors.