Speaker 1: Welcome to your two's review here in the SDH Network. We're going to take a look back at the one nil win over Crown Legacy. We will have that particular moment in time coming up in just a little bit. It'll be some post match comments from interim head coach Jose Silva, from Patrick Willa, from Toto Majub, sdh's player of the match on the evening, and we'll let you know how things are laid out right now in the East and the West as the race of the playoffs continues in MLS Next Pro. So last night Sunday night at the Fraction fifth third Stadium in Kennesau, Georgia, Landy United two and Crown Legacy going at it scoreless until late, late, late late, a handful of minutes to go, and it was a moment where a couple of players who are very, very in tune with one another they got once again to be in tune and it created the opportunity for Atlanta United two to get a goal on the board late to try to leave Fifth Third Bank Stadium with three points. Here is the call of that goal. Maddie and Jason here on the SDH Network.
Speaker 2: Played long tried to be settled by Bertiemas, but eventually taken away. Cooper Sanchez, good ball from Cooper to find We say, we say, edge of the eighteen, into the eighteen, cut back to we are go.
Speaker 3: Go go.
Speaker 2: Lana United two Cooper Sanchez, Gabriel. We say Patrick WEA one nil.
Speaker 4: We doing a little dance after that one, and as he should. The build up to that is perfect. It's Majub who's able to help help Sanchez get the opportunity. Sanchez sees that, Pat sees that. Gabriel, we says, making the run in. It's a beautiful ball from Sanchez, and then we say that connection between him and Patrick Wuia, that's something that extends off of the field. It comes in full tuition here on the field and it's a perfectly placed ball to Patrick wa makes it one nill for Atlanta United.
Speaker 2: The ball from Cooper Sanchez was brilliant to jump start the attack. And you mentioned the connection with we say and WEA. We say got into the eighteen, got his head up and Wea had pulled off of the two center backs, and we say knew exactly where he was going. Cut it back to him inside of the right foot Patrick Wea gives it Landy United to the one nil lead in the seventy ninth minute, go on.
Speaker 1: The board, Patrick Willa. Seventy eighth minute, Atlanta United two hangs on for the one nil win over Crown Legacy. Let's go over the lineups and the stats just to kind of give you a feel for how it was for Jose Silva going into the matchup. Josh Cohen started in net back three Samaza, Fero, Toto, Majub and Ronan Win. Four in the midfield Dominic Chong Qui, Dede Sibri and Santi Pizza and Nick sssk three up top Leola Fonso getting some minutes alongside came in Togashi and Gabriel. We say that was the starting lineup for Atlanta United two in that matchup. Once again in the three four to three Your stats over ninety minutes, fifteen twelve shots Atlanta United two on top on that eight on target five for Crown Legacy, three shots blocked each side. Passing accuracy eighty five and a half percent for Atland United two a little over eighty seven percent for Crown Legacy. Only three corners of the match, all three of them went to Atlanta United. Two sixteen crosses, nine of them for Crown Legacy, offside flag raise three times, two of them for it Landy United two, five saves for Josh Cohen, six saves on the flip side for Crown Legacy, sixteen clearances nine for it Landy United two thirty three fouls called in the match, seventeen sixteen to it Lanty United too. Four yellow cards on the night for it Landy United two and two yellow cards for Crown Legacy on the evening. And that lays it all out for you. There, there's your numbers. One goal on the board. That's all that Landy United two needed to get the one nil win. Here's your postgame thoughts. First off, after the interim head coach Jose Silva, you'll hear from Toto Majube and Patrick Wia. First off, here's Coach Silva.
Speaker 3: How much character did your team show tonight? And seeing that one out?
Speaker 5: Oh fot I say these last week a lot is we have a lesson to learn in Miami.
Speaker 6: I was like, we can, we can't. We don't need superheroes in our thing.
Speaker 5: We need eleven guys and want to find a way to win if I'm people have different roles inside the team, and if they do their job and battle when we don't have the ball, we are going to be closer to be that because in Miami, I think we spend when they have the red card, people start to get comfort and I'm going to be the guy and change again and no, no, no, no no, we don't need that guy. We need eleven guys on the field and want to find a win to.
Speaker 3: Wind so many very young players who push their way into this team here lately that had a huge hand in this one totally was our man in the mat in the back.
Speaker 6: What do you think of this game? Oh? Really good?
Speaker 5: Toto is being key for us and he there's a reason we play with him in three in the back. He's he helped a lot of salent ronin to cover that with that speed and he has he can step between the lines, he can recover if there is a ball in behind, he can take it and after with the ball. That is a player and he's no scare to play.
Speaker 6: I mean today, I remember in the beginning he has like a.
Speaker 5: High pressing and he did an acmet over there and I was like almost at the same times, like only too, but yeah, we're happy with how he's developed.
Speaker 3: And then the field, you Cybrian and second start for each of them in this game, and it looked like they've been in this league for quite a while. What about these two.
Speaker 7: In the middle.
Speaker 5: Oh, really good, really happy with both. We did the I mean it's not real how it's performing. We knew kind of and it was his moment because you can feel it in practice. How when the older players see when he touched the ball and they start to do calm and like, oh this guy and you start to thinking, okay, so many is the moment for did it to go in?
Speaker 6: And he's so smart. His opposition is like a class is six.
Speaker 5: It's kind of the comparison is going to be too much, but it's kind of like Rodriy like a player and I stay there, just do his role.
Speaker 6: He's a builder, build for the team and let that tacket to score.
Speaker 5: And with Santi, I mean he's a special no, it's a really creative player.
Speaker 6: And also can't play as eight.
Speaker 5: So today we try with him playing a double double six, double eight, with.
Speaker 6: Him more in a freedom role.
Speaker 5: In the first half didn't work really good because we were a little bit this sort. In the second half, he was more positional and he started to find a spot where he can open it.
Speaker 6: The last one.
Speaker 3: For me, I've been struck by how much we say has developed as the Seri has gone on. Feels like a completely different player now, and he was very good to begin with.
Speaker 2: What have you seen from him in terms of his overall growth.
Speaker 5: Season alot, Gabrielle, he is again, he's really a special player. From the moment I saw it with the team, I saw, wow, we have here and we can we can work with him and this kind of player, they are creative personality where they have to feel the love from the group, the love from the environment, and once then they feel that, they start to click. And with the ball, I mean you see it, he can't do things. The only thing I told him, you need to try more. I don't care if you lose the ball, we can recover after but you need to try with your talent.
Speaker 6: From nine balls that you.
Speaker 5: Have, you lost four, but from that four or five finishes inside the box like today, continue and the thing that he's doing really good and really happy with that. He's buying the internet defenci par. He's starting to run. He's starting to chase. He's starting to be more connected with the midfield line. Sometimes he understand when to repress and does it for me. The biggest thing then he is doing amazine.
Speaker 7: How have you seen?
Speaker 8: Talking to Patrick earlier this week in the Box of Lots he talked about the relationship between him the jew and we say, how have you seen that relationship grow off the field and then now seeing it today kind of really continue onto the field and helping those moments.
Speaker 5: It's funny because soccer sometimes you think and you put the best player on the field and things happened and it's not true. It's like, we are human, so we have to relay each other. And you can see that relation between these three guys and how they want to fight for each other when they're in the field.
Speaker 6: I mean, they are really happy when they are together.
Speaker 5: They bring like Joey to the group and also when they're in the field, they bring a special scene like today that connection between Gavilla and Paton And give us the three points.
Speaker 7: How do you see Sells where the cabin garment a couple of times? How is he embraces that role for even being anchor in that back line.
Speaker 5: He's Italian, so perfect now Sally is always thought that Sala was one of the leaders of the team. Doesn't matter if he has the the captain banner. And the reason is because he knows how to play with the personalities and they're in the in the team. Like again, we're human being people as who are a different, different situation, a different message, and he knows how to play with that. And also he can bring like a positive mind to the team. And at the same time, is I mean you see how he defends or when people see your captain defending like that and playing like that, you say, okay, I have to play like him.
Speaker 7: How important is this one heading into next weekan especially going back.
Speaker 6: On the Amazing because we always have this situation.
Speaker 5: We will always say, well, we are six points from play, but we have two games less and we always want to the game and tie all lost we have, but we have two more games and today the team and in Toronto team show and we you want to go.
Speaker 6: We really want to make playoff.
Speaker 5: And I think with the talent and we have, they believe it and they did differently did it like today in Toronto with no doubt We're going to be in the fight and we're going to be in side play.
Speaker 8: How do you balance that with this onad to you know, knowing that you are so close, especially with points too, but also not letting them read too much into it where you do get in a situation where you tie in those moments, how do you keep it kind of balanced in those situations?
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, I like what game? Two games I call them.
Speaker 5: I told them there's maybe something we're wearing to say, but I told them battle to battle and we will win the war.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 3: How much of an example was it that afero Ogushi Fonsos all landed at the airport for forty five last night this morning and then came out and played in South places ninety How much of an examples of the rest of group.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's amazing role models because they were I mean probably you were in that airplane, you saw the way, the way, and probably they leave six hours, seven hour, and you were again, we're human being and that you can see in some of the performer of the guys.
Speaker 6: But at least you can have a bad day with the ball.
Speaker 5: But at least you get there for without the ball, Like Leo, this like came and he has a couple he could.
Speaker 6: Scored and he didn't, but he ran a lot.
Speaker 5: Sal also went to the first scene and now he has ninety minute and he was amazing for it. So I'm really happy with then an incredible role model for the other one.
Speaker 3: Since you talked a couple of days ago, Yeah, what did you think about needing a win to keep pace you guys can keep pushing or what did you think about what happened out.
Speaker 10: There against Okay, Like, you know we keep the pace like that because you know, in the local rooms, we told ourselves that, you know, we need to keep winning because we got the three points and it has motivated as a lot, you know, so we had to prepare well and then we came in the game well knowing that we need to get a three point is yeah, and yeah, I was so grateful for my teammates because from the world go up to the last minutes, we didn't give up. That's why we got that three points.
Speaker 3: And you played a long time with a yellow card. How when you're out there, how much more thinking do you have to do to make sure that you're still doing what the coaches want you?
Speaker 6: To do.
Speaker 3: But knowing that you can't get.
Speaker 7: That second yellow, how difficult is that balance?
Speaker 10: Okay, it's not going to be easy though. But because of all the games I think I've been playing, I've been getting yellow carts, which is bad for the team, you know, because the team needs me to So I need to at least keep start avoiding yellow cards, you know. Yeah, I need to start avoiding yellow cats because it's not going to be good and I will cause the team too. Yeah, so that would be me now to protect myself in that game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Patrick, we talked earlier this week, you know in the box the box talk about the relationship between you between Total between Ariel in the match to night. How important is.
Speaker 7: It to continue to build that relationship off field and then have it see it like come to fruition on the fields for both of you guys.
Speaker 11: No, it's like extremely important, like chemistry, it is needed in the team. So if you got your bounding outside the field, you're going to show on the field and to the game. Really try to take Kid twenty seven or seventeen just like coming in and looking for me and just helping the team when it felt good.
Speaker 6: For you.
Speaker 7: For you the same thing as well. I mean the relationship. How important is it to have that, especially off the field and.
Speaker 10: Seeing it on to me, like it's really very important, you know, to be together, like you know, the relationship. It's it's a good reasonship because every time we tell ourselves, you know, we keep encouraging ourselves. We keep telling ourselves that we need to work hard. You know, we need to work hard, Yeah, to make things happen.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, though even if you're in the bench, but still you know, yeah, we need to keep being together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's very important.
Speaker 10: That's why you see us being together in the Patriot together, out of the Patriot together.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so like just to pickingback on that one too, we're together in the house together. Just talking in this game is important looking at the players sposing people ahead of us and the team ahead of us. And we just saw to ourselves we can be all these teams that we're playing and while we don't do it, and we just talked totally is a great leader without the captain Bank he's a great leader off the field too as well. You just tell us we need to like fight for the team, and like it's like a lot dependent on it because for us, we're from Africa and our family is depending on us to feed them. And then you were just telling us to like every time we step on the field, we got to die out there, like it's our last game. And I just motivated us too, you know, and motivated me and then they just give me and try to help the team.
Speaker 6: You know. That's it.
Speaker 3: So how often do you guys have these talks at home about how important it is to do well with the two.
Speaker 10: Like you know that the important part is like you know, three of us, like actually we have four, like you know, we're always together. There's the other guy, he didn't he didn't applay in the game though, but we are four of us. We're always together. So you know, like after training, ah, we when we don't do well in Twain practics, we need to go back you know the crypt where we stay. We start discussing about what we're doing. You know, are we doing it right so that tomorrow we go and correct it. And then also we need to you know, because we have not been playing games, like if you're to see you know, we have not been playing games, but yeah, to start games, but we have been patience, you know, because we believe that our time will come. So you know, when our time came, we proved it. You know, we proved everyone wrong. That's why we stayed in the team. And every time we believe we're only stepping in the pitch, the mentality is to get three points, you know. Yeah, that's always what we'll be discussing.
Speaker 6: Everything.
Speaker 10: We'll be discussing because we're still running in some games to bounce back, you know. So yeah, it's very important for us to always discuss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about those conversations.
Speaker 9: I mean it sounds like this is something that's pretty deep.
Speaker 1: You guys just all sit there and just have these conversations.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we, like he said, after practice, we go like even the opposition team, we go analyst the team, like what's the weakness are So there's defender is they're not good. They try to build out the back, but they're not successful as doing that, so we need to put more pressure on like the back line water are they on crosses from you as a striker?
Speaker 6: Like are they gonna drop?
Speaker 11: Like we're analyzed like, oh, if gets the bod, they're all going drop and protect us six, and then the space for the cutbacks is gonna be open. It's just like being like in tune with that and just taking this at first, Like for me, this is my fifth ass of pro growing up like one of my first.
Speaker 6: Year, I didn't think that.
Speaker 11: I didn't take ticket seriously like a professional, like and I just look at myself. I try to tell the I'm young as well, like Bomb the oldest in the group. So I try to tell them this is our life. We got to live it like it's her life. And they're serious, it's your job, you know, it's just not Oh, I come to the place. It's serious for us. So and that's why I try to implement in their heads too, and.
Speaker 6: Just being together and bounding.
Speaker 11: It's like, you guys feel like family together when you step on the field, you work out for each other, then we die for each other. That's what we say, Like that's our model. Like it's no superheroes like Coach Shows said, no superheroes. Everybody from from the from the levee on the field to the all the seven on the bench, it's like we're all together, just be ready to make the impact.
Speaker 6: Questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got one for each of you.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about South playing inside of you and how much it helps to have Mafo next to you. And there's moments where the game is crazy.
Speaker 10: Okay, like you know I've not been in that game, right, Yeah, I've not been in that game. You know, they have been playing a lot. But when I came in, you know, I found it kind of difficult for me because you know, I was like in like I was new to them something like that. But I need to know. I told myself that I need to, you know, catch up with them so that we look good in the back, you know. So yeah, the first game, I think I was trying it, you know, but also there they are. They're they were not leaving me behind. They have been talking to me, you know, to bring me so that we look all together. So you know, I'm seeing it now like it's coming. You know it's coming.
Speaker 6: It's coming. The match on our call today, thank you and then Patrick.
Speaker 3: For you the goal. The connection with Gabriel. You know he's getting to the end line.
Speaker 7: You peeled off of the few.
Speaker 3: Center backs to that spot. Is that something that you guys talk.
Speaker 1: About, Yeah, you know where he was looking for?
Speaker 11: Yeah, for sure, So I have I have that just if I'm not doing myself. I have someone that analyzed the opposition team and see how what the weaknesses as a striker, and we talk about like when the boys are they're all gonna pap back to the sex sexual box and then the cutback space is going to be open and then that's what I studying and like and they implement it and so like so Washington really do help.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and.
Speaker 10: Also about about that, like you know, the group we have, it's really also helping us a lot because you know, right now we have played the game, but we're not going to live it just you know there because we want it, and we need to also go analyze like our mistakes you know, so that we go correct them and then we bounce back, you know, like to because we need to go game per game, you know, yeah, because we can't just talk about a game, which is still part, but we need to now focus in our next game.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: That's how we're going to do it. And always when we come, we need to you know, we need to fight for the bay. We need to fight for the family, for everyone, for the funds. You know, so we keep coming, you know, and we know that we're going to do it. Yeah, we believe and we're going to do it. That's why we keep working on every time make sure that we keep getting points.
Speaker 1: So that's your report from fifth third Stadium and the fraction. So next up for Atlanta United two, it is a matchup Saturday night Osciola Heritage Park up against Orlando City B. Let's go over the standings in the Eastern Conference for you. Red Bulls two coming into this week forty five points, two points clear of Huntsville City Football Club who have a match in hand, and they have two less wins right now, but two points behind Red Bulls two. Philadelphia Union two lost two matches in a week. They're staying at forty two points. They're in third, fire to at forty one revs two at thirty eight, same number of wins as Chattanooga Football Club, but they have a massive gold difference advantage of ten. Toronto FC two at thirty one points and NYCFC two is at twenty nine points, but they have two more wins in FC Cincinnati two. That is why NYCFC two is eight. FC Cincinnati two is nine, Orlando City B is ten. They have two more wins than Carolina Corps Crown Legacy is twelve at twenty six points. Atlanta Nity two is at twenty five Atlanta United two. If they win out in the games they and the matches they have in hand, they would be the eighth seed right now in the playoffs and MLS next pro. In the East, Messi and Friends two are fourteenth at twenty two points. Columbus Crew two fifteenth at seventeen points. This season Western Conference all Caps two fifty one points, twelve points clear of the town. The town has the same number of wins as Rapids two, but a far superior goal difference twelve in the advantage there. Ventura County is fourth at thirty seven. Ral Monarchs at thirty two, same number of wins as Los ver Dos Austin FC two, but a better goal difference Loons to at thirty one. They have the same number of wins as North Texas, better goal difference by eight over the club that plays in the Metroplex Houston Dynamo two. Dynamo Dose at twenty nine points, they are in ninth. White Caps two are at twenty eight to come at a fiance at twenty seven, LAFC two's at twenty six, Timbers twos at twenty five, so six points separating basically seventh from thirteenth seven points, seven spaces six points. Sporting Kansas City two twenty one matches played two fifteen, four and one. They have a goal difference of minus thirty one. So we will catch up with the head coach, Jose Silva and some players later on in the week. You'll hear that in the pregame show as Atlanta United two gets ready for their matchup against Orlando City B and that will be once again Saturday night at Osceola Heritage Park in Kassimi, Florida, and we will have that matchup for you on the SDH network, Soccer down here dot net and soccerdown here dot mixler dot com. It will be a seven o'clock kick Saturday night, So pregame six thirty seven o'clock kick from Oceola Heritage Park here on the SDCH network for everybody here at SDCH for Matty, for Jason, for Nick, for Sophia, I'm just John. Thanks for dropping by. That's two's review, one nil win against Crown Legacy, and we'll see as the race continues to get into the playoffs and MLS next pro in the East how it rolls out for Atlanta United two. What's your plot? You played safe. We'll catch up with you next time.