Speaker 1: It's Thursday, and that means I have a co host joining me this week. It's Ashley Man who comes on the show and we talk about all of our summersline predictions.
Speaker 2: It all starts right now.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the WWE Podcast, your place for the most passionate wrestling analysis on the web.
Speaker 2: Just turn Roman Heel.
Speaker 1: What is WWE waiting for?
Speaker 3: From another wrestling podcast? Put you to sleep? You can count on the WWE Podcast to get you engaged and asking for more.
Speaker 1: I've been watching wrestling for over twenty years and that was one of the best matches I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: This is unlike any other wrestling analysis. So without any further delay, let's get this show started right now.
Speaker 1: This is the WWE Podcast on this Thursday, August eighth, twenty nineteen, one of my favorite shows of the week and where I on a co host and we discuss some of the big ticket items that happened during the week, and if it's a pay per view week, of course, we give our thoughts and predictions for the show, and this week Ashley Mann joins me and we go over our Summer Slam predictions. Quite a few interesting thoughts that she had on who may actually be behind the Roman Reigns mystery attacker, and it may not be somebody anybody's thinking about right now. Very interesting theory that happens towards the end of the show, so you'll have to stay tuned for that. It's very interesting and very logical as well. She gives us her thoughts on everything, I mean, from the Goldberg saga, him returning, seth Rollins getting beat down. And I said this with her at the very beginning of the show, and it was a common theme throughout the conversation I had. Is this show, Summer Slam seems to be too predictable. Too many matches look too easy to pick. And what happens when that happens? What does WWE do? What does Vince McMahon do? In response, Vince McMahon throws a curveball when everybody else expects a fastball. And I really believe that there are some matches on here, and trust me, Ashley and I give some bold predictions on matches that everybody is thinking they have to win. He or she has to win this match, and we give some reasons why that may not be the case. There's some good logic here, and I got a credit Ashley for bringing up some good points and so that's that's going to be coming in just a minute. But before I do, I want to again just thank you for listening to the WWE podcast. You guys can follow me on Twitter at the WWE podcast and really find me anywhere at social media Instagram, Facebook. It's all under the WWE podcast and the website. If you want to support the show, click on the Support the Show tab and there's an Amazon banner and you click on the banner and all you got to do is just do your shopping as normal and it kicks back a small percentage of whatever you normally buy to us, doesn't cost you anything extra. Or you can just do something else and rate and review us on any podcast app including Apple Podcasts. It really helps us in the rankings everything else. If you have a moment, please do that, or go to patreon dot com slash WWE podcast and you can get this entire show and every other show I've ever done ad free, AD free, no more ads Gone, and that is an available on Patreon. One other thing I want to mention, and I know that Ashley plugged this and a couple of times on the show that we just did, and she's doing a podcast yourself. It's called Wrestle Rewind and it's going to be every Thursday on Facebook Live, I believe. Just search out wressel Rewind and they're going to be interacting with listeners live. Eventually they're going to be on Apple Podcasts and all those major podcast apps, so check them out. I really think that it's going to be a great show. I have no doubt that Ashley is going to be a huge contribution to the show. She's very smart, well spoken, and passionate about wrestling. That's really the three things you need. And so it'll be cool to have live video a different format from this show. So hey, not that I'm trying to tell you guys to leave this show and listen to hers only.
Speaker 2: I think you could do both.
Speaker 1: But I have no doubt that it's going to be a success. So check out Wrestle Rewind on Facebook Live and I think you'll be glad you did so, guys, just so you know again, just as a reminder, if you didn't listen to my shows earlier in the week, I have a wonky schedule. Next week I'll be traveling to San Diego, for work, So instead of a Sunday wrestling nostalgia show, it's gonna actually be done Monday. I'll have a show Tuesday and a show Wednesday. I'm traveling all day Thursday, so i will not have a chance to do my normal Thursday gig with my co host. We may not have one. We may actually skip it next week. It's just I'm gonna be jet lagged. We'll see, we will see. I will at least have a minimum of three shows of reviewing Raw, reviewing SmackDown, and wrestling nostalgia show on Monday. It's gonna be coming out a little bit later in the day than normal, obviously with the time change, it's it's gonna be a very wonky week. I will get you the audio you're craving, so do not worry. It's gonna be coming your way. So no worries there. Okay, well, guys, enough of this. Let's just get to the conversation. Let's get to Summer Slam, which I think is going to be a very interesting show and one that we'll be talking about, no doubt about it. So without further ado, here's Ashley and myself talking about Summer Slam. Twenty nineteen. All right, and welcome to the WWE Podcast on our co host edition, which is Thursday, and this time around it is Ashley Man who's back and excited to talk to you on a Summer Slam week. It's already Summer Slam, and I've mentioned this before. It seems like it's coming about three weeks earlier this year. It seems super early, but it is one of the biggest pay per views of the year, and I'm excited to talk about Summer Slam, our predictions and of course some of the big ticket items that happened during the week. So Ashley, welcome back to the show, and it's great to have you back on a big Summer Slam week.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's so great to be back. Thanks for having me, Matt. I'm so excited to talk about SummerSlam with you. I feel like it's gonna be a loaded show. A lot has happened since the last time we talked, so yeah, it's just gonna be good to catch up and talk.
Speaker 5: Wrestling, definitely.
Speaker 1: And speaking of talking wrestling, I know that you have another show that you're just starting.
Speaker 2: In the infancy stages and.
Speaker 1: It's on Facebook, So just tell the listeners a little bit about that show and where they.
Speaker 2: Can find it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's called Wrestle Rewind like you said right now, but it is on Facebook, but the next day you can find it on your regular podcast be like Apple podcasts or whatever. But yeah, the few friends of mine around here get together. We just talked about wrestling what's happened in the previous week, and it's a video few so you can watch live with us as we're going through the show, or you can catch it the next day, like I said on the podcast, but it's called Russell Rewind.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 4: We just kind of like it's like go over kind of what you do here, just go over the major things happening in the wrestling world, our predictions, how you feel about certain angles and characters, and just stuff like that. So it's pretty fun and interactive. We try to keep up with people who are chiming in in the comment section. So yeah, but we're still, like I said, in the infancy stage, so we're definitely looking to increase production and show quality in the next few weeks. But yeah, definitely check it out again. It's called Wressell Rewind and love any feedback.
Speaker 1: On it, absolutely and I will for sure be checking that out. It's always cool and it's a different form than what we do here obviously, with you doing video and doing it live where you're able to interact in real time with your listeners, which is a pretty cool deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: For sure, it's definitely fun just seeing how people react to any literal comment that you make. And it's kind of more laid back and kind of chilled atmosphere because we're all friends, so it's literally just talking wrestling with your friends for about an hour, hour and a half or something like that. But yeah, like I said, we're looking to be more interactive in the future, like with a mail bag and all that stuff, but for right now, the comments section is kind of where it's at. But yeah, it's funny. You should definitely check it out.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, we will keep you keep my listeners abreast of exactly where you're at with it, and as you add new features and up the quality and spread your knowledge and really spread your awareness and on different platforms as you continue to expand, obviously, we will keep.
Speaker 2: My listeners abroad.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for letting our listeners know you guys should check it out. I have no doubt that it is going to be a very successful and well done show, trust me. So let's get into the topic of the week, and that is Summer Slam, and there's a lot to get to what We're going to run down the card with both of our predictions. But before we do that, I just want to talk to you about and get your opinions on because my listeners have already heard mine. What are your thoughts on some of the big items this week? And I guess I'll start with Roman reign mystery attacker that apparently is Rowan but could also be Daniel Brian. I mean you, what are you thinking about this whole thing? Are you enjoying it? And who do you think the attacker may be?
Speaker 4: I am very intrigued to see where they go with this. Before the big revealed this week, I kind of saw a few things on Twitter, you know, with people pointing out that they it looked like it was Roman and the screen grabs and everything, so I kind of already had an idea just from that knowledge beforehand, that.
Speaker 6: He was probably going to be involved in it.
Speaker 4: But I, like, I'm very intrigued with the Daniel Brian twist for apparently not knowing anything about it and not being involved and seeing Rowan wouldn't do that, and just pretty much defending Rowan and not presenting it as his evil brainchild or anything like that or like this master plan to get to Roman.
Speaker 6: So I'm actually very intrigued to see how.
Speaker 4: They take it and if it's concluded on SummerSlam or if it's drawn out for the next few weeks, and you know, so I'm definite planning excited to see where they go with it.
Speaker 2: I am too.
Speaker 1: I think it's been well done. I I it's something different, you know who done. It is not the newest and most innovative storyline ever done, but it hasn't been done in a long time. So it feels fresh because it's been quite some time since anybody, and any especially WW has done this. And I'm intrigued. I like the fact that it's it feels real. Although some of the camera angles are a little wonky and questionable and whatever, I've kind.
Speaker 2: Of just accepted that.
Speaker 1: And Samoa Joe was also kind of a side factor here, a sub story of him possibly turning babyface, you know, with Roman Reigns nearly getting run down to the vehicle in the parking lot, and Samoa Joe, instead of attacking him or trash talking him, actually called for help. And many people took that as a sign that a Samoa Joe is turning face. And you know, if that's the case, I think it's it's a good time for him to turn I think that Simojo needs some kind of reboot. And I know what we're talking about the mystery attacker, but it's kind of a subset. I think that if Simojo's turning a babyface here, it's a good time to do it. And I'm interested to see Joe as a babyface.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely mean too.
Speaker 4: And Joe this week was really intriguing as well, seeing, like you said, how he reacted and tried to call for help and was really showing sympathy and compassion towards Roman. That was a sign of him that I don't think we've ever ever seen in WW.
Speaker 6: So it's really cool and just like we saw a different level of Joe.
Speaker 4: And I'm, like you said, very curious to see how they take this direction as well for Joe, to see if this is maybe seeds for a full term babyface or maybe it was just a spur of the moment, I thing, just to try to give us some realism, maybe get some more sympathy for Roman, and then.
Speaker 6: Next week Joe's back to himself. So curious to see where they take that. Also, I am too.
Speaker 1: And as far as the actual attack goes, I mean many people are pointing to Daniel Brian. I mean, if you read any of the big wrestling websites out there, they would tell you that this match with Roman was supposed to conclude at SummerSlam with Daniel Bryan and they just decided not to rush it and they wanted to play out. And if that's the case, great, I don't think it's Eric Rowan. I think it's it's a And I talked about this earlier in the week that it's kind of a a parallel to the Stone Cold Survivors Series two thousand when he was run down or is it ninety nine s Friviver series ninety nine when Austin was run down by Rakisha and Triple H was the accomplice. So I think Rowan could be the accomplice and Daniel Brian is the driver.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I think That's good because I'd rather have a storyline play out than just kind of rush it to SummerSlam.
Speaker 2: And I think it would have felt.
Speaker 1: Rushed if indeed Daniel Brian is the attacker. I think it would have felt a little rushed. But you know, I was trying to think of a motive for why Daniel Brien would do this. The only thing I could come up with is that back in twenty five fifteen when Daniel Brian was supposed to win the Royal Rumble and the fans revolted and you know, and filling right exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Yeah, that was one of my favorite rumbles. Yeah, just for the reaction of the crowd, and.
Speaker 4: Real quick, before you go on, have you tried to go back and watch that rumble from twenty fifteen, like that specific one on the network?
Speaker 1: Have you tried since not on the network?
Speaker 5: Why are you having trouble doing it?
Speaker 4: I swear, and sometimes I feel like it I'm going crazy. But I've tried to go back and watch that rumble like a handful of times on various occasions, and it will not play throughout the whole show, Like I'll get maybe halfway through and then it just rolls over to the to the twenty sixteen Rumble, and like I've tried on every different like I've tried on my TV, my phone, everything, I'm like, why can't I watch this Rumble? And I'm like, I wonder if it's like a conspiracy since everyone booed rouman.
Speaker 1: You know, That's what I was gonna say, is I think they're still in the middle of editing the crowd reaction.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, they haven't sweaked it yet.
Speaker 4: But just side notes, so if you have, if it comes across your mind, just you know, just for me, if you don't mind, just try checking that out and see if it's if it is just me or whatever you said.
Speaker 2: It's about halfway through, right, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think it'll show me like maybe maybe not even halfway through, maybe two matches, but I know I definitely can't see the actual Rumble match itself.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Yeah, I've given that a try.
Speaker 1: That's that's very interesting that out of all pay per views, that's.
Speaker 4: The one exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: Here come all the conspiracy series.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I actually don't even remember what I was talking about, but I was talking all the slow burn.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with the slow burn.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good thing for storylines to play out, and patience patients, I think is going to be key for the success of both brands and the ratings of both brands. And so I don't know about you, I'm willing to not rush to a match at Summer sum just because it's Summer Slam, and I'm willing to maybe just get another piece of it at SummerSlam, but not end up in a match we just get under the clue as to who's behind this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and SummerSlam is already a loaded show of itself, so we definitely don't need any other match at it, especially a match to that caliber. That's something that you want the fans to look forward to and enjoy. So I definitely don't think they're gonna rush it. And like you said earlier, I think he made a good point. I think if it was going to be Daniel Bryan, it would have it would have the match would have been made official for sunder Slam, So I think it's not officially Daniel Brian as the attacker.
Speaker 6: I think we're going to see this playoff for the next few weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and I think I'm fine with that. All right, Well, moving on to just a couple more things and then we'll get to our summer Slanne predictions. What did you think of Seth Rollins getting beat down for a second week in a row, and more importantly, his very somber, very real after beat down. I guess you'd call it a promo from Seth when he was talking about how this is all I have. What did you think of that that whole segment on Raw?
Speaker 4: So me personally, I was hoping I was not going to see Seth on Monday, because I think it really would have played up the whole him being brilliant and being injured and just selling the beating that he took from Brocklesner because it was just like an insane beatdown. So when he actually did him out, I was like, all right, well, you know, at least he's at least he's selling it. At least they aren't like playing it off like you know, he's he's kind of hurting a little bit, but you know, for the most part, he's okay, and he like ran down or anything crazy.
Speaker 6: But the thing that stood.
Speaker 4: Out to me the most was the line he said at the end where he guarantees victory that I feel like.
Speaker 6: Is gonna be a major key one way or another.
Speaker 4: I feel like if he guarantees it and he does win, then that just validates him even more as the baby face. But if he guaranteed it and loses, does he kind of snap starting on Monday? Does he if he loses to brock Lessner Because he said that's the only thing that he has in his life and that's what he fights for, that's what he lives for everything, which is true. We've seen video packages and everything like that.
Speaker 6: But do if he loses, do we see.
Speaker 4: Him kind of take like not a heel turn, but just like a turn towards the dark slide where he he just loses it, he goes crazy on everyone. He there's just like the sinister side to him. So I'm look, I'm looking forward to see who pulls out in the match at SummerSlam, and I guess I'll say my prediction for later, but yeah, yeah, I'm really intrigued with this one as well, to see what they end up doing with Seth and if he's gonna, you know, win the title, and then if he does, who does he face after that, But that's a whole other story. But yeah, the whole beatdown on Monday, I think if he was gonna show up, that's, you know, it had to happen that way because he can't get any type of retribution back on brock Lesner a week before, So I think what they had to work with they did probably as best as they could, as kind of gruesome as it was, because it was just weird seeing him like just take forever to get to the ring, Like I was like, oh, come on, come on, Like yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know, and it felt it felt much like Becky Lynch's non never ending injury leading.
Speaker 2: Up to SummerSlam that she was just hotantly moving around. I was like, somebody, please please, Like I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to see that just be injured or in stay in the back and not be able to come out.
Speaker 6: Like we get that.
Speaker 4: We wouldn't have looked at him differently if he didn't show up, like we understand, you know, and I guess we should appreciate that he did show up, and I get that, but it was just like kind of hard to watch.
Speaker 1: It was just like, man, but I know what they were trying to go for, too, they're trying to go for empathy, they're trying to go for yeah, and I know what they're doing and I appreciate it. But at the same time, I mean, Seth comes out there and was limping. I don't remember him attacking his legs per se. I don't know why he was limping so much as he should have just been, you know, clasping his ribs. But I mean, that's fine, that's fine. And as far as Brock, I mean, it's it's hard to get into the predictions, so I'm not going to. But this could be, like you said, a turning point for Seth one way or the other. And while many people look at this match as a lock, like many others at SummerSlam, we need to be very, very careful with this card. It looks so easy to predict, and I don't think it's going to be as easy as people believe.
Speaker 2: On paper.
Speaker 1: There are so many matches you go, oh, clearly, this person, this person, this person, I mean seventy five percent of this this card looks like you could place real money on it. And that's what scares the hell out of me with this card. So and I'm really trying hard not.
Speaker 5: To get into it. We will.
Speaker 2: We will in just a minute.
Speaker 1: But I enjoyed the beatdown of Seth in terms of me wanting to see Seth get his retribution, I want to see him beat down Brock Lesner. I just hope he doesn't have to resort to the constant low blows.
Speaker 2: And he is able. And I said this earlier too.
Speaker 1: This week, I think the majority of the match is gonna be Seth just on his on you know, on his ribs or holding his chest like gasping for air and coughing, and Brock toying with him. I think that's gonna be eighty percent of the match, and then you know Sethel. If Seth wins, I'm not gonna give away yet, but if Seth wins, it's going to be a last second not I don't want to say Fluke win, but it's gonna be twenty percent offense and Seth somehow pulls it off if he does. But one other thing I want to talk to you about, and then we'll get into SummerSlam is Goldberg's return and he's facing Dolf Ziggler.
Speaker 4: Uh your hats, I get it, I get it. He needed to come back, and I kind of view it the same way I kind of viewed Undertaker coming back for Extreme Rules with Roman just to kind of wash the taste out of everyone's mouth about their match. So I guess it makes sense to me in that aspect with Goldberg returning. I don't really dolf. I get it in the sense that Dolph is a phenomenal worker, He's a great seller, he's, you know, probably one of the best workers that they have in the company, especially for as long as he's been there now. But I guess I think the thing that bothers me the most about it is we know it's just a random match, and is it gonna be a squash squash match?
Speaker 6: Where what does he do after this?
Speaker 4: Because I don't I don't know if you've heard, but I heard that he signed a contract for like four matches, so this will be his second one and then he'd have two more after that, So I don't know. I don't know if it's would be like a long drawn out thing, which I doubt it would be, you know that it's with Ziggler, or if it in the long run turns out to be leading to a Sean michaels In Goldberg match for like Saudi Arabia or anything, or heard that too, But I don't know. It's crazy seeing Goldberg back, but he's in phenomenal shape. It just never seems to amaze me, Like how Jack he still looks for.
Speaker 6: Being his age. It's just insane.
Speaker 4: He is still Goldberg, which is it's just so fun to see in that aspect he is.
Speaker 1: There's no question Goldberg actually still feels like Goldberg in terms of, yeah, his body type, yeah, he has some gray, he has a grey go t versus you know, his hair color back in the ninety zine, understand that. But in terms of his body shape and in the cardiovascular conditioning, I think he is as good as he could possibly.
Speaker 2: Be in his age.
Speaker 1: Now, that's never been the question with Goldberg, though. The problem is as good as or if you want to spin it as Goldberg is still Goldberg. Well, that's also the bad side, bad side of this whole thing is Goldberg is still Goldberg because he still has the wrestling skill set of Goldberg. And that's that's the problem. And it was severely exposed with his match and Undertaker.
Speaker 5: With the Undertaker a couple of pay.
Speaker 1: Per views ago, it was and that's The problem with Goldberg is he is not the most skilled technician. He's got, you know, a couple of power moves. It's just in Goldberg would be the first to admit that his limited. He's very limited in his move set and his timing is.
Speaker 2: Still a bit off.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just always been goldberg Y. So for him to be put against Dolf Ziggeler, I think is the perfect opponent for Goldberg. I mean, he's the opposite of Undertaker in terms of mobility, being able to sell quickness all that. That would make Goldberg look like a million bucks and carry the majority of the match. So let's just jump into SummerSlam here because I can't handle it anymore. Let's start right at the top and I'll toss it to you. Brock Leser versus Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship, Who do you have?
Speaker 5: And why?
Speaker 4: Mm oh man, It's so hard to make a decision for this one because what kind of like we spoke about earlier, it's it's depending on what direction they take with Seth. And for bron for that matter, if he does retain, who is he gonna face next? Because you can't go back to Seth for the third time, because then it'll start to feel like Roman and Brock din and you don't want that because Seth is still, I feel, in his building phase as the face of the company, or at least the.
Speaker 6: Top top baby face.
Speaker 4: So I don't think that you can or his character can take any more beatings consistently, or just any more dry.
Speaker 6: Feuds, because he's already been through that with Farren. He doesn't need to do that with Brock.
Speaker 4: I think, as much as I want Seth to win, I think Brock is gonna keep it here and then move on and maybe face a Bobby Lashley type or maybe even a Broun showman if he's gonna remain a heal. I could see them moving over to Braun and Brock to kind of get us through the last phase of the summer, which is it's crazy.
Speaker 6: I think it's just the beginning of.
Speaker 4: August, because SummerSlam is normally the end of August. I'm like, oh, you know, Fall is about to be here. Whatever, But but yeah, I could see them definitely maybe keeping in on Brock and moving on to Braun. So that that's why I'm thinking they're gonna go with tonight or go with on Sunday rather is keeping keeping him with Brocks.
Speaker 5: I'm with you on this one.
Speaker 1: I know at the beginning of this, when this match was announced, I said, oh, Seth Rollins, he's regaining it. I mean, there's obviously has to regain it. As the story has progressed, and Brock put the beatdown he did on Seth and Vince McMahon's obsession with Brock Lesner. I think it's going to end up being Brock retaining and I feel pretty good about that because most people are probably looking at this going, oh, well, yeah, Seth looks like he has a disadvantage, but he'll he'll overcome. He'll, you know, he'll, he'll, he'll climb the mountaintop. That's what baby faces do. But that's that. I think it's a trap here. I really think it's a trap where some people are viewing it as that. I'm viewing it as his injured ribs as a way or whatever injury he actually has, as a way to make an excuse for Rollins losing without actually going, oh well, Brock just straight up beat him, and while Seth won't come up with that as the reason he lost, it's a way in the minds of fans to go well, you know, he was seriously injured coming into this match, so I could see where he'd lose to Brock.
Speaker 2: It's it's an escape.
Speaker 1: It's a good way to make Seth not keep him strong for showing up, putting up a good fight. He probably will have some very very close near falls, maybe get a couple of stomps, a lot of false finishes in terms of Seth.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's gonna pull it off.
Speaker 1: He's gonna pull it off, and Brock ends up pulling out one last f five and Brock ends up retaining, and you know, you have Michael Cole and Corey Graves talking about the guts and determination of Seth Rollins to even show up and put up the fight that he did. Again, I think seventy five percent of this match or more is going to be Brock looking like he's toying. He's gonna be doing his little bounce, he's gonna be smiling, you know, and he's gonna be toying with Seth the majority of the man while he rises in pain. And then when his guard's down, you'll think, you know, Seth will have that baby face fury.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he could pull it off.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, the fans dreams will be crushed and Brock will retain. I just think that's the only way this can go down.
Speaker 6: I'm right there with you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, next match. And this is it's funny. I mentioned this earlier too. This week, this raw Women's Championship match with Becky Lynch and Ittalia. They they're labeling it a submission match. However, aren't both of their finishing maneuvers submissions. So it's like, I mean, it's such a false, well not false, but an overkill to name this a submission match. It would have been end in the submission anyway.
Speaker 4: It's like saying a regular pin like a regular match is going to end by pinfall like the majority of the time it does anyway.
Speaker 1: Right right, it would be like Austin versus Triple H in a pin falls only match. Well, no kidding, I mean you know, so yeah, It's just.
Speaker 5: I mean, I understand what they're doing.
Speaker 1: It's it's trying to add a gimmick that's already it's our ingrained in the match by default. But nonetheless, what are your thoughts on this? And who do you think is gonna.
Speaker 6: Win this one.
Speaker 4: I I'm kind of I'm just gonna say I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the trigger on Natalia just to get that reaction for her and to see and to have Becky in Chase Mo, because I think Becky is strongest when she is in Chaseman, when she has the title. She Yeah, everyone still loves her, but I don't want to say the excitement is gone, but it's just kind of like she's just like hit a plateau and she's just like on she's on level field with everyone else, like in ring wise, and just like I guess match wise, but I think she kind of needs that little like kickstart in her character as well, kind of like Seth in a way, but obviously a little bit different. And I think they they're gonna be too tempted to pull the trigger, being in Canada and everything that's built around it, with everything that Becky has said about Canada being their new hero and like traging Natalia and all that. So I love Becky to death, but I think they're gonna go with Natalia on this one, which kind of leads into my next prediction, or for my prediction for the attrition Charlotte match. But yeah, at least for this one, I'm I'm unfortunately gonna say I think they go to Natalia.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting pick. I'm I'm I'm leaning towards you. I'm actually deciding in my brain as we speak, just because this one, this one could go both ways.
Speaker 2: And you have Becky who.
Speaker 1: Won it at WRESTLEMANI the fans went on and with with her on the journey. It was such an amazing moment. All that, and she became the biggest face of the of the Women's Revolution and in an instant trying to turn her heel last Summer Slam.
Speaker 2: So we're coming up now in a.
Speaker 1: Full year of her as a babyface ironically when they try to turn her heel. So what's interesting to me too is not just who's gonna win this, but how does the crowd react because they're in Toronto, it's home country. Becky Lynch is not as hot as she was. I actually think she's becoming a little bit unlikable with her arrogance and kind of her swagger. And I know she's supposed to be the man, and I am I still support Becky, but she doesn't have that mystique and momentum behind her that she did when Rowsey was there, and she was, as you said, in chase mode. So I'm very interested to see if, for the first time in a year, Becky Lynch gets booed by the Canadian crowd, who will go with blood is Thicker than Water and support inn Italia. So I'm going to say I'm gonna go against you, but not actually by a whole lot. This is this is a very tough match, actually one of the few that don't look easy. I'm gonna say Becky retains and the crowd boos her, and it'll.
Speaker 2: Be interesting to see if do they.
Speaker 1: Dare run with that heel turn it with Becky. I don't even know if we go there yet. I think with her on the face of two K twenty and all that they probably won't. I think it's just a sorrow world is whatever they call Canada, and so I think Becky retains. I'm expecting a very good match, and then Becky moves on to her next opponents.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think one of the main things I'm looking forward to the most about this match is just the dynamic and the energy and the atmosphere around it because I think Canada never disappoints. And of course, like all the momentum, like I said earlier, that's built up behind this match, I think I don't think it's gonna be a heel turn for Becky. I think, if anything, they're just gonna play it up for that one night. And as you were sitting there, as you were talking, I was sitting here thinking like, man, like I could kind of see them too, letting them have this fantastic match, us thinking Natty's about to get it, Becky reverses it or whatever, Becky wins and then the place goes crazy, just booing her and then just Becky relishing in that moment, like I can just see her holding the title up and just like with that, you know what, eating grin on her face, just.
Speaker 6: Like eating up all the hatred from them.
Speaker 4: So as you were talking, I was like, man, I could see them going with Becky too.
Speaker 6: So, like you said, this one is really hard.
Speaker 1: It is, and the crowd reaction is almost as interesting things the match itself. Here, I'm very interested to see how the crowd reacts. It's a big pay per view, arguably their second biggest of the year in the home in the ntality's home country, yet Becky Lynch is the organic, homegrown baby face. I'm it's This match is very intriguing from a lot of levels. So all right, moving down to the WWE Championship match Kobe Kingston and Randy Orton, Who do you have and why?
Speaker 4: First off, I just need to comment on how much I loved the promotion video they did for Randy. I think it was not this past week, but the week before when they when Randy did his sit down and kind of just went over their history, the story and his side of everything.
Speaker 6: I just thought it was so well done and.
Speaker 4: That his video is what really like hooked me for this match. I knew it was gonna be, like, you know, a solid and ring match, but you know, I didn't really think that.
Speaker 6: They were really focusing on the story as much.
Speaker 4: But man like, I just I really enjoyed what they've done with this, and I'm very surprised in the amount of effort that they've put into it, honestly, but I don't think they I don't think they make the change here. I think it's gonna be a good match, and I think this is the match that KOFE needs to solidify his run as a champion and be a top worthy competitor and obviously a future Hall of Famer in Randy Orton. So I see KOFE retaining, but I think it's gonna be probably a good twenty five minute match.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm looking forward to this match for the quality of it. Both guys are extremely seasoned. They have like what thirty years of experience between the between one another. Uh, They're really they're good friends in real life, which I think will actually motivate Randy Orton to not just phone it in. And when Randy Orton phones it in, he's so good that it's still like a can't start.
Speaker 6: Match, all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I didn't even know that they were friends outside, well like close friends.
Speaker 6: That's that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's even more Like you said, Randy's definitely going to deliver for KOFE.
Speaker 2: Then he has to. I think he will.
Speaker 1: I think it Randy Orton will actually care about this match, unlike just kind of going through the motions of every other match he has ever because of rand Randy Orton's in preservation mode. Randy Orton's in long Jemmy note, He's kind of in bruise control, and he doesn't have to kick it up to fourth or fifth gear because he knows he's an established legacy star that has already paid his dues, has nothing left to prove to anybody, and is rarely ever extra motivated to have that that four or five star match.
Speaker 2: It's in him.
Speaker 1: Randy Orton can certainly have it if he wants it and given enough time.
Speaker 5: So I think that this match is.
Speaker 1: Could be could be the match of the night in terms of match quality, where like this is awesome chance come out and all that stuff. I think KOFE ends up retaining this will be the win that solidifies him. At the same time, as I said at the beginning of this, I'm scared because this match looks so easy to predict. It seems so easy to pick Kofi Kingston here when Randy Orton, if he wins, you could make him a very big heeled champion, being the guy that says, you know, I told you so. Randy Orton or Kofee couldn't hang in the big leagues, and you have Kofee in chase mode.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: You could really make Randy Orton white hot while Randy Orton is still unbelievably in the prime of his career and able to really turn it up when he wants to. So while Randy is just kind of the guy that's a legacy star, he'll never really get the championship back because he doesn't need it. You could really maximize Randy Orton here while he's still in his prime and make him a monster heel where KOFE chases. So I wouldn't put it past him. I wouldn't put money on this match because it looks too easy to pick, but I'm gonna go with the easy pick of Kofee Kingston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so true, and I'm just listening to you say that. Just imagine if KOFE was in chase mode as well, going into the Fall and was smacked a moving over in the Fox and just seeing Randy being that heel that ultimate bad guy because he was a very good bad guy. You know a lot of people downplay him, or of course you can definitely tell when he's phoning it in or whatever, but he was a really a good bad guy when the company really had no one else, so that that could be a fun story.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I just part of it, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't see them pulling the trigger on Kofee just yet.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I think out of all the champions that won at at WrestleMania with what I'm talking about is Seth obviously who lost it already, Becky, and Kofee. I think Kofe will be the one who holds his belt the longest. If I was to guess, just because of the story that he's had and the organic grassroots movement he's gone and he's been there eleven years and all that stuff, He's got a lot behind him, I would I don't know. If it were me, I would pull the trigger just because Randy Orton, if he's going to go all in, that's a big if. Would be a extremely good heel, and he loves being a heel. You could do so much with it. But I ultimately I think Kofe's gonna keep it. And just as we continue though during the year here, we have to remember the longer the year goes, typically more heel champions win because it's a big cycle of heel champions are typically crowned later in so that when WrestleMania rolls around in six seven months, you have that Babyface who finally climbs the mounta and to defeats that Heel champion, and then we go back through the cycle again. So the later the year gets, I think the more heel champions we will see. So as the months and weeks tick by, I would be very hesitant to pick Babyface championship victories as we move forward. So, speaking of championship matches, we had the SmackDown Women's Championship match of Bailey versus Ember Moon, and I'll give my quick thoughts. I'm not invested in this at all, and it's a shame because it's the SmackDown Women's Championship. I know they tried to really shock people and get people instantly interested in Bailey again and have like a quick fix for her character, but the problem is there was no follow up to it.
Speaker 2: There's no follow through.
Speaker 1: They just kind of let her flap out there on the wind and she's got the belt, but she has been losing a lot of momentum since that time. I just I'm not invested in her character. I'm not invested in Ember Moon's character.
Speaker 2: Bailey just decided to select.
Speaker 1: Ember Moon because she was standing there and she has a lot of charisma. That's her explanation for choosing ember Moon.
Speaker 2: It was very weak, very weak.
Speaker 1: And then she ends up trying to help ember Moon this week from I mean, it just it was bizarre this this Championship match. I mean, I will say I unfortunately, and I'm super into the women's movement. I support it, but I just this match is really lost to me here. I think this, unfortunately will be a concession stand break for a lot of people, and I see Bailey retaining, but I wish I was more invested in this match.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Same. The only like little glimmer of hope that I.
Speaker 4: Have in this storyline is when Bailey hit Ember with the Bailey to belly and did that smirk, and you actually heard people cheer for her, like in the background, like people reacted positively to what she had just done to Ember. Because it showed a little bit of edge, a little bit of like depth to Bailey's character and like she was actually reacting to something.
Speaker 6: It kind of took me back to when, oh my gosh, I think.
Speaker 4: It was Alexa Bliss when she had that that feud and they had like an extreme rules match and she wouldn't hit her with a kindowstick. I think it was Alexa Bliss, but it kind of just took me back to me she's just thinking, like Bailey could be really good, and like Bailey, they just I don't know what it is, if she's just to conform to this character.
Speaker 6: Now or or what they can do, but it just makes me thinking.
Speaker 4: So of course all the great matches she's had an NXT, but it makes me miss like how good of a character and how solid she was and how much support she had. But like like you said, I'm not really too.
Speaker 6: Much invested in this match.
Speaker 4: I'm I would love for it to be a heel tern for Bailey, kind of like you know what they did with Becky or tried to do last year with Becky, but just do it with Bailey this time and just to see what happens. I mean, what's the what's the worst that can happen? It doesn't happen, and she just continues to get the reaction she's getting. So I think it'd be fun, but I see her retaining as well. I think it's gonna be a quick match, probably less than ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd give us eight to eight to ten minutes as well, I was thinking too. Now again, if they ever decided to try to turn Bailey and I think that actually maybe exactly what she needs and that little smirk I appreciate that, and maybe that's a little bit of an easter egg.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: I don't think W's thinking that in depth. Unfortunately, I wish it would happen. However, if they did it, I have a feeling it may be the reaction to the same thing that happened with Becky Lynch when they try to turn her heel. If w B ever decides to show the evil side of Bailey, the dark side of Bailey, I think the fans would love it because it would be such because you're all thinking, I mean, this character is like kind of the innocent, shy, quiet, humble girl that they showed an NXT and people loved her because she was, you know, just you wanted to get behind her because she was just so innocent and so naive and and you can relate.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: So now that bring up to the main roster that all the damage that was done with the awful Sasha Banks storyline that was I don't even want to get into because it hurts my head to think about all the directions they went with it, and then and then they just decided to bring her back and make her tag team champions with Bailey, the first ever women's tag team champions.
Speaker 2: And then they both lose them.
Speaker 1: Sasha has a hissy fit, Bailey disappears too. She comes back boom, She's smacked down Women's champion. I think if they just just take it, take Bailey, give her a new entrance, stop with the Bailey buddies, stop with all the kiddy stuff, and give her an edge that people would love. I'm telling you, I think if you put not in a complete opposite, but just make her hair different, like don't do the side ponytail, maybe like frizze up her hair a little bit. I remember when Stephanie McMahon turned heel for the first time against her father and aligned herself with Triple H. She like did like a permur a frizz to her hair, and it made her just everything just changed about Stephanie mcmhon's aura. If they did that with Bailey and put some darker makeup on her, I mean, you could really do something here. I just I just don't think they'll do it. I think it's gonna be a very straightforward championship match where Bailey retains.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Same, And I think if they were really serious and really invested in having Bailey turn heel, the perfect person for her to do it again so would be Sasha. I have Sasha come back, make a rent in to help, maybe even doing a summer Slam. If Sasha hypothetically speaking, Slasha is great, everything's good to.
Speaker 6: Go with them.
Speaker 4: She comes back Bailey, maybe there's some outside interference for whatever reason, or whatever happens, Slasha just comes out there trying to help Bailey. A backfires, or maybe it doesn't even backfire. Slasha helps Bailey, Bailey doesn't appreciate her.
Speaker 6: Bailey for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: Bailey is as mad as Slasha's out there, maybe trying to steal the spotlight, whatever you know, story you want to come up with, and just completely like demolishes Sasha. That way, Bailey has a good opponent and a good face to fight off of and to react to. So I think that was why Becky got over so well why last year is because she had a strong competitor to bounce off of. So you know, that's a whole other topic, of course, But I just think that that would be the best case scenario for that situation.
Speaker 1: Now say I'm like, I'm like, just in my mind, I'm imagining this happening. How awesome would be, and then just the reality of what is actually going to happen just comes over me like a depression and you just know that that's not going to happen. It would be awesome. I would love it if you just took the Becky Lynch formula. I think you could apply it to Bailey, and Bailey could get She would be one of the most talked about WW female superstars of probably the year with this turn. If they did it right, I just again, I just don't see it happening. But if you're gonna do it, yes, it needs to be a meaningful turn and has to be against and maybe a former bestie or wow, whatever you want to I don't even know if they're friends in the storylines.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Who knows, But yeah, you'd have to involve Sasha somehow. Okay, moving down the line here Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon.
Speaker 2: My quick thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: Again, Kevin Owens' career is on the line.
Speaker 5: I this one.
Speaker 1: It seems to slam dunk and I just don't see though. If Kevin Owens loses, how they get themselves out of him contractually saying he will leave WWE. I mean, there's ways around it. Ww's done it before, where you know, even when Stone Cold at Fully Loaded nineteen ninety nine told Vince McMahon, if I beat the Undertaker in the First Blood match, you're gone from WWE, and then stone Cold was in storyline the only one able to bring Vince back, so they brought Vince back.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's ways that you could get around this kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm gonna go with the unfortunately, the easy pick. I think Kevin Owens wins. He gets a couple of stunners, and it's a straightforward win for Kevin. But the problem is, and the problem that scares me again, it's SummerSlam. It's their second biggest pay per view. It's a McMahon. Vince McMahon maybe gets himself involved. I don't know, but I think Kevin Owens wins. I just don't know how, and maybe you can, like me, how if Kevin Owens loses, how they get around it. But Kevin owns is my pick, like you.
Speaker 4: Said earlier, I you know, I with the history of Shane's matches for the past six months or so, I think the easy pick obviously is Kevin Owens, because of course they don't want, you know, Kevin to.
Speaker 6: Quit, you know.
Speaker 4: But I think Kevin loses and each week fights his way into the arena's leg a stone cold type like you he he of course he. The thing that kind of messes with this the most is that Kevin was the one who put it out there. It wasn't Shane who backed Kevin into a corner saying, you know, blah blah blah blah blah, only fight, I could put your career on the line.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 4: It was Kevin who initiated this whole thing. And yeah, they tried to clean it out this week, but it was just too late, you know, and it just of course Shane isn't gonna do it now. But so I think that's the monkey wrench in this whole thing, and maybe the thing that they, you know, could have done differently. But I could see them, heaven, Kevin lose and try to be that bad you know what type and try to you know, bust into the arena. Maybe take advantage of social media and have him confront Shane on the outside, like in the parking lot or something like that. So I could I could see them going in that direction. My gut kind of feels like, you know, just to make it simple and to be over with it and to get Shane off of TV for a while. Kevin wins, but I could see them go home with Shane. So I think I'm gonna make the bold choice and go with Shane.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna blame you. I mean the way you laid it out, and they're trying to make they're trying to do a little bit of a flavor of stone Cold with Kevin Owens, and I don't want to see him be a stone cold part too.
Speaker 2: I don't need that I needed to be Kevin Owens.
Speaker 1: But that logic of the rebellious superstar, the one that just defies the authority and just makes his way into the building, beats up security guards, sneaks in somehow and attack Shane week after week. I could see that absolutely. Or maybe whoever helps Shane win, because Shane's not gonna beat Kevin Owens on his own. Whoever helps Shane win maybe is Ultimately, who's gonna come in and attack leading to an actual match with an actual wrestler week after week after week, you know, coming into building somehow. So yeah, I could see that too, and maybe that's that's a good way to get around the contractually obligated I'm gonna leave w W fail lose this match. So yeah, fine, I'm gonna go with Owens, You're gonna go with Shane, But both are extremely plausible, even though Owens is the quote obvious choice.
Speaker 5: All right, so let's.
Speaker 2: Get to Tristian and Charlotte Flair.
Speaker 1: I know you had some thoughts on this as well, So your pick and your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so kind of branching off of what I was saying earlier with Natalia and Becky.
Speaker 6: Why part of the.
Speaker 4: Reason why I think Natalia is gonna win is because I think Charlotte is gonna lose here Charlotte, And do I think Charlotte should lose, Absolutely not. I think Charlotte should win. She's the future of the company. She is she's the best women's wrestler.
Speaker 6: They have, and she is she's money.
Speaker 4: But in that same took, and that's why she could absorb a loss from a Trish Stratus.
Speaker 6: Or I'm sorry, that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why she could absorb a loss from Trish, because I don't think that.
Speaker 6: I think I heard somewhere.
Speaker 4: That Tric this was Trisha's gonna be Tricia's last match, but we've obviously heard that in the past, so I don't I don't think they're gonna go with her winning here. So I could see them just having Charlotte come in and just it being a very good match, maybe seven to nine minutes, ten minutes max, I would say, and then just Charlotte going completely over Trish and and the crowd just hating it because of course Tricia's hometown, just like Kevin and Natalia are, and so they're gonna get that huge monster pop. So I could see them going with Charlotte winning here and just eating that that hatred up from Canada.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna have a lot of angry fans on Sunday, and it's I'm with you too. I think it's a perfect opportunity to put Charlotte Flair to that next level too. I mean, Trish is nowhere near I believe, and there's no disrespect to Trish, but I don't think she's anywhere near the athleticism or strength or any of that that Charlotte is. And that's not a knock on Trish. This is just a different generation of women, and so this is a perfect opportunity to get more heat on Charlotte, for her to brag forever about beating the legendary Trish stratus. There there's a lot that could be gained from Charlotte winning and not a lot to be gained by Charlotte losing, because Trisha is gonna be one and done or maybe two and done.
Speaker 2: Tricia is not sticking around. She's not the future you go with. Who is your future?
Speaker 1: What can who can gain the most out of winning this match? And it's lopsided that Charlotte Flair has the most to gain from this match and the most to lose if she loses. So Charlotte has to win this. She's gonna go bragging forever. Maybe leta pops up.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's from one on with Leeda, who knows, but I think Charlotte Flair she has to win this. Charlotte's being also kind of floundering out there, missing from SmackDown for a couple of months just shows up. I mean, she's kind of everywhere. Charlotte doesn't have a whole lot of direction right now. So after this, after she beats Trish and brags about it, maybe on SmackDown Live, somebody who is a supporter or a friend of Trish comes out and shuts Charlotte up for you know, a couple of months of a fourth of a program. So Charlotte wins. It's I expect, as you said, yeah, ten minutes or less in a very straightforward but I think it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a good match.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't put at the top of the list.
Speaker 1: I think it's just gonna be just like a B minus B match, And that's all I expect out of this.
Speaker 2: So I expect a lot of.
Speaker 1: Booing and a lot of pissed off Canadian fans with the predictions that.
Speaker 5: We are choosing.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, me too, Me too, Sorry, guys.
Speaker 2: I know, all right.
Speaker 1: So Goldberg versus Dolph Ziggler.
Speaker 2: Who wins this one?
Speaker 6: Goldberg?
Speaker 4: I think it would be hilarious to see Dolph win somehow, just to see the reaction from everyone on social media and just how like insane everyone would go. So part of me would just like find it funny to.
Speaker 6: See that aspect. But I think it's pretty obvious Goldberg is gonna win. It's just a matter of how long with this one.
Speaker 4: And Dolf is gonna look like a million bucks losing to Goldberg because Dolf is that perfect and you couldn't find a better n ring worker and seller for Goldberg than Dolf Zigler and ww So it's why I wish there was more story and more time to build up to this, like to this particular actual match, and not the Shawan Michaels twist and miss twists that they were doing, because that would have been fun just to hear Zigler maybe mouth off about Gooldberg. But yeah, it's just a matter of time and to see how long this match is gonna go.
Speaker 6: I give it like two minutes, three minutes, yeah.
Speaker 5: But definitely work.
Speaker 1: Definitely under five minutes. I mean it's just five minutes or less on this one. That's the over under Goldberg wins. Again, I'm eighty percent confident Goldberg wins. Could Dolph win and then brag about it forever, yeah, maybe, but Goldberg is the one that needs repair right now from his disaster of a match and Zigler is teflon. I mean, Ziggler just you expect Ziggler to lose the big match. That's just how it's been his entire career. Is that Ziggler we are educated to believe until told otherwise and have a large sample size of it. That Ziggler is just the guy that talks a good game, it performs well in the ring, is always a great asset to his opponent because he makes them look like a million bucks, which, as you said, is exactly why zigglers here. He is the antithesis of Undertaker's style, which is it's not a bad thing, it's what Goldberg needs because he's so limited in skill set. So Goldberg wins and he moves on. And if he has a four match a contract, fine, I mean, I don't think they're gonna have a rematch. So Goldberg goes over. They try to erase the match with the Undertaker from people's minds, and we move on, all right. So the United States Championship AJ Styles and Ricochet.
Speaker 2: This could also be a.
Speaker 1: Candidate for a Match of the night given enough time. What are your thoughts on this? Could it be the match of the night and who wins?
Speaker 4: So I expecting him to get his his went back in the title back. But seeing how strong they're push pushing the see in that faction and and the gallasan Andrew or yeah Gallas see them keeping it on a J. I could see, you know, one of them interfering or you know, maybe like doing something to help a win and not just being like a clean, clean victory. But I think it's gonna be, like you said, a very very good match, probably match of the night, if not the match of the night, probably second match of the best match of the night. But yeah, I just I think right now they're focusing on AJ and rebuilding this faction, So I'm I'm gonna say a J wins here.
Speaker 6: But it's gonna be a great match. I'm really looking forward.
Speaker 1: To it, absolutely this This is gonna be one of those matches that, again that they've had a couple of matches now to feel for each other. I expect every match that they have to be better than the last. And they their styles complement each other. Everybody's always looking to see the wacky, crazy reversal or crazy offensive maneuver that Ricochet is gonna do. There's going to be a lot of just like jaw dropping moments in terms of like, oh my god, I can't believe I just saw him do that.
Speaker 2: And that's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what this match is bill to be, and I expect ag to come out on top this one. I know that there's a lot of slam dunks. It would just make no sense to have Ricochet reclaim his United States Championship. They are in the rebuilding process of the OC, which is the original clan, the only clan. I don't know whatever weird acronym that they have for the Bullet Club, which is was the Club and then's the OC.
Speaker 5: I don't know whatever they are.
Speaker 1: They're in the rebuilding process of it. They're holding a ton of gold, and that is what the focus of this should be. AJ Styles is the United States Champion.
Speaker 5: I think is.
Speaker 1: A better way to build the belt than having Ricochet holding it, even though Ricochet is an up andcoming star and I think he's a very bright future. Right now, it's about billing the value of the belt, and I think aj Styles does that better right now than Ricochet. All Right, So, Finn Balor versus the Fiend bray Wyatt, I don't believe we're getting the demon here, it is just plain old Clark Kent Finn Balor, not Superman, versus the Fiend bray Wyatt. So I think this one has to be I know that I said that at the beginning of the show, but this one would make zero sense to have Finn Balor win. Finn Balor has been defined down to a very scary level at this point. The Fiend bray Wyatt, I know he's booked as a heel, but at the same time, bray Wyatt right now, he couldn't even get booed attacking Kurt Angle in his hometown.
Speaker 2: That's how.
Speaker 5: I don't know what WWE and.
Speaker 1: Why they're struggling to go out against the stream here and against fans reactions that have been consistently cheering.
Speaker 5: For bray Wyatt.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they're trying to book him as a heel. I think it's going to fail miserably. I think that they're gonna be in. It's going to be a very very heavy favorite for bray White in terms of crowd reaction Sunday. I think bray White wins. He wins very convincingly, and the crowd loves it, even though he's booked as a heel.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I agree with you one hundred percent. I part of me, of course, if they have the match, I see the Fiend winning. I don't think we're gonna get the Demon here. I've heard that Finn wanted to take like a few months off, so I see this just being like the Blowway match for Finn. Gives him some time off, let him chill, relax, whatever, And he deserves it, you know, he's been going hard for however long now. But and obviously this is Gray White's time. You don't put this type of momentum and energy and effort and build into a charriage and then just have him lose the first match. Of course not but I don't think we're actually gonna get a match. I can see something happening either backstage during the show or we see like little things, or maybe throughout the day, like we see Finn arriving and they just kind of play it up, you see like the puppets everywhere, and then he gets attacked backstage before he even makes it to the rain because they I think they have what nine matches on.
Speaker 6: The show or something like that, So it's gonna be a long show, So I.
Speaker 4: Could see them meaning besides the Goldberg match like a if you want to call that, what's probably gonna be a squash match. I could see them needing another short match or short segments, so I could see them just having to be an attack fin backstage, and that would be another reason for Friend to take some time off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think there's really no other way to do this. I think Bray runs away with us. Even if it's not, as you said, an official match, Bray will somehow demolish finn Balor. There's no need to bring out the Demon because the Demon character, I understand they're trying to protect it. As cool as that would be and as like mysterious as that would be, the Demon versus the Fiend, I think you do that down the line when when finn Balor has been re established as a legitimate threat plus the Demon. As I understand, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, is that the Demon is undefeated. You don't just destroy, you don't just end that streng I mean, with really no build, I don't need I also need a reason for Finn Balla to bring out the Demon, not just because it's SummerSlam. I need the feud to Dick hate it, not just because I mean, just like Helen to sell, they just have it because it's part of the pay per view schedule.
Speaker 2: Just driving me nuts.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Finn Balor is going to get demolished, destroyed and maybe die on Sunday. He is going to lose the match or the fight or whatever it's going to be, and the crowd's gonna eat it up no matter what WB tries to do to get Bray Watt Boods. So one more match, and I don't think you and I are having a whole lot of thought on it. Is the cruiseweight Championship match with Drew Glack and Onny Lorcan.
Speaker 5: Who wins, I'll give you mine.
Speaker 1: I think Drew Gulak and just because I mean, I honestly don't have a whole lot of investment in this, what about you same?
Speaker 6: They're both really good.
Speaker 4: I've seen a few matches from Morkan and he's he's decent, So I think it's gonna be a good match.
Speaker 6: The Cruiseway match always delivers.
Speaker 4: I actually think Lorcan is more entertaining on Twitter than you know, like what he's actually doing on TV.
Speaker 6: No knock against him.
Speaker 4: He's just hilarious on Twitter and everything is like all calves. It's just, you know, just very entertaining. So but yeah, I see retaining here. But one thing, if you don't mind if I backtracked really quick, just to get your opinion on what if you think if they do stick with Eric Rowans being the guy who was behind the whole attack against Roman, what do you what if the fiend.
Speaker 6: Bray Wyatt put him up to it.
Speaker 4: And that's why Daniel has no idea because it wasn't Daniel putting Rowing up to it. It was Bray putting Rowan up to it. And not for nothing, Daniel has history with Bray as well. So it could be the form of a faction there. Like maybe Daniel didn't know at first, but he gets sucked into not the family and they're not gonna call it the family, but whatever word or term they used to describe, but maybe just their faction whatever they end up doing with it.
Speaker 1: But it's just the thought, yeah that would be then now you got me like thinking about this, like I mean, I I would sure I still believe that if they're trying to get Roman cheered against the fiend good luck.
Speaker 6: I mean, oh yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't believe is anyone you could put against bray White because his characters sorore over, his mask is so badass, his Firefly fun House was so good. And I would like to actually see bray Whye come out as like the evil Miss Rogers once in a while and not just always as the Fiend and have somebody, you know, try to propoke that out of him, provoke it out of him. And he said he could control it, So I mean, I wouldn't mind that version of it where he's a little bit you know, kind of the evil evil mister Rodgers, and then when needed, the Fiend comes out and you know he there's a lot to do with that there. So if bray White is indeed the true mastermind behind this, and ultimately they're looking down the line in a month or so to do the Fiend versus Roman, Yeah, and I think that's a good I would think that's awesome, and you bring Rowan back into relevancy. You could have a storyline that has bray Wyatt, you know, when he was facing Roman Reigns a few years ago, saying anyone but you Roman, anyone but you Roman. I mean, and there's I mean, you could bring it back because they did have a long standing feud together. So yeah, there's history on to draw from, whether it's Daniel Bryant the mastermind, or it is ends up being Bray Wyatt. I just Bray White is not going to be Booeds.
Speaker 6: So yeah, sorry, just kind of popped my head.
Speaker 1: No, no, now you got me. I mean, we all believe that Daniel Brian's been suspect number one with all the rumors floating around, but.
Speaker 2: It could be very well Bray whyitet and.
Speaker 4: If they have and what if he says his announcement was that he unleashed the.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, oh man, you need to join the writing team. I mean, it's just like, yeah, there's a lot of ways to go with this because the public perception is that it is Daniel Brian. But with the fact that they canceled the match at SummerSlam between Daniel and Roman and decided to quote let this play itself out, I think that that tells me it very well and may not be Brian. He's just kind of a red herring and he's just distraction for who is actually behind this and it Hey, if it's bray White.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: I'm all for slow burns and letting stories tell themselves rather than rush rushing.
Speaker 2: To well, let's get to the match. That's what it's going to be anyway.
Speaker 1: So wow, yeah, all right, well Ashley listen, it's it's been a blast. But before you go, let everyone know again about your your podcast and and where they can find it and where they can find you on social media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thank you on Twitter, A S, H M, A N N S. Feel free to give me a follow. I love talking with everyone. But yeah, this other podcast is called Russell Rewind. We're live every Thursday. I feel like that's the schedule going forward. Still like I said earlier in the empasy stages of everything, getting everything sorted out. But yeah, it's nothing, nothing serious, just four friends hanging out talking about wrestling, what's happening in the week. We talked a little bit about aw or just any anything that's been in the news or our thoughts feelings about anything. Looking to be more interactive in the future, So yeah, definitely check us out.
Speaker 6: But again, I love talking to you, Matt, and.
Speaker 4: I always look forward and I feel like, ironically enough whenever our three weeks rolls around. It's always right before pay per view, so I kind of looked out.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, that does it always does.
Speaker 4: Seem like it's always our predictions, so it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of However, I believe the next pay per view is Night Clash the Champions or Night of Champions, and I think this one though, is like four or five weeks from Summer Slime. There's actually a pretty big gap between this Summer Slave or this pay per view in the next so that that streak may come to an end after this this week. So I know, I know I did now that I never made that connection, but you're right. So all right, well, Ashley, thank you so much for coming on the show. Three weeks flies by, so before you know it, we will be My gosh, the next time we talk it is gonna be almost September.
Speaker 5: I'll be like, wow.
Speaker 1: So it'll be the end of August and everybody check out the podcast and it's Wrestled. We want rewind on Facebook and eventually coming to all probably podcast forms that you can think of. It's gonna be a great show. So Ashley, thanks so much for joining me, and I will talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you so much for having
Speaker 5: Me right bye bye