Speaker 1: Final five.
Speaker 2: At the five KRC, the talks days, Happy Fridays, Friday weekends say six.
Speaker 1: Okay, well.
Speaker 2: The vacation there it is officially Friday with the woohoo. Thank you. Jude Strucker, Executi producer the five KRC Morning Show. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be always enjoy hearing from you two, so opportunity to call in. We got some time between now and six point thirty with Tech Friday Dave Hatter every Friday at six thirty, give you the topics on that in just a minute five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or on five fifty on AT and T phones. And another quick reminder forty five kr se dot com and you can't listen live, get your podcasts and down the iHeart Media software so you can get your podcast there and all the other iHeart Media content. It's easy way to stream. And good morning to my wife who regularly streams the audio from her smartphone. Anyway, Yes you of course I heard mediaviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Always loved this conversation with Jay. He's such a great guy. Jason Riley, one of my favorite columnists at the Wall Street Journals written about the affirmative action myth. You can get a click on that. Listen to what the affirmative action myth exposes the hardcore statistical reality that the social welfare safety net actually the Yeah, I like the Johnson Administration's Great Society programs and the like, I have really done nothing to advance the well independence and financial stability of black people who were making unbelievable advances in the in the period of time prior to the enactment of those things. It's you know, hey, listen, you can't deny reality. It's right there for everyone to enjoy, read and digest. So check it out fifty five cars dot com. I enjoyed my conversation with George Breunnman and Keith Tennenfeld, like to do this, have those guys in the Program to Restore Wellness dot org website. But there's lots of information resources about how you can improve your health and your your physical as well as mental wellness by just making a few changes in your life. And we got some good information from Keith and George about that yesterday. So the link right there at fifty five KR see dot com and thank you Joe as always for updating the podcast page and the blog page to fifty five car Sea dot com. Coming up Tech Frida with Dave Addas I mentioned a moment ago, so SIS security neards cards will now be available online. Topic number two. Woman google's self and finds out she's been indicted for drug crimes and frightening headline the coming Quantum Apocalypse from Wired magazine. The Quantum Apocalypse is coming. Be Very Afraid subcaption happens when quantum computers can finally crack encryption and break into the world's best kept secrets. It's called Q Day, the worst holiday maybe ever. Okay, little Debbie Downer on a Friday going into a three day weekend. Ajo Strekord, Corey Bowman returns, He'll be in studio. At seven oh five. We got Jim Stitt since any Warbirds thing going on Saturday, May twenty fourth Memorial Day Dance at the Moonlight Pavilion. June sixth through eighth d Day Commemoration at Lunkan Airport. We get the details from Jim at seven point, follow by hair Don. Heinrich Toltzmann got a German Day celebration it's German Day singular celebration, but it's May twenty a through June first, isn't that German Days celebration kickoff for the German festival season? And I dearly enjoy having the various German societies in the studio. Why cause well, they love to have fun. Gimmuchlia kite can be enjoyed at all the German festivals, but they usually bring in food and beverages and it's always a nice thing to have them in studio. So hopefully this year we'll get more of them in studio. And there's an ALS fundraiser. Richard Dickman's going to join the programmed eight thirty to talk about that. And finally, not to be confused with Todd Zenzer, citizen watchdog John Zinzer on the Save the Hyde Park Square the signatures are in. I guess they got the requisite number of signatures to reverse the Cincinnati Council's edict and mandate over the wills of the voters in Hyde Park to change the zoning laws. Zoning laws that the City of Cincinnati imposed on all of the neighborhoods in the City of Cincinnati. With that connected community's nonsense so they've stuck it to everyone and then they unstuck at the Hyde Park through the advancement and the benefit of well connected developers. So now the citizens may very well get what they ask for, which is an opportunity need to vote to reverse that imposition of city council's will on my friends in Hyde Park. I mentioned Todd Zenzer and Greg Keith Tennefield yesterday and we discussed the release of the RFK Junior Make America Healthy Again report. Didn't have it yet, We got it now and it's maybe doesn't go as far as some people wanted, but a few warning shots over the bow for may maybe pesticides and pharmaceutical industry. Trump administration issued the Make America Healthy Again Commission Report yesterday. Of course, Robert F. Kennedy Junior had a the Health and Human Services Department. They pointed out four key factors in this report that they conclude are hurting United States children, ultra processed food. You knew that was going to be on the list, environmental chemicals, digital behavior and over medicalization and amphasized digital behavior. Of course, because tech Front with Dave hat are coming up. Let's see here furthermore in the past, in the past nearly thirty years, they wrote, the chemicals children are exposed to have grown, and no country fully understands how the cumulative impact of this growth impacts health. However, rather than calling for specific actions against these health threats or reports says more studies are needed, including the National Institutes for Health, to understand the impacts of things like microplastics and pesticides. Well, of course, nobody's researched it before all of these little cumulative effect things, and no one knows if they have an impact on our collective health. But you know, the industries change over the time, and more and more plastics are out there. No one can deny that it's convenient, it's helpful, it's nice to have a water bottle if you. I mean, you know, they're everywhere. But nobody researched before they started putting things in plastics and introducing those chemicals and plastics into the world whether it was going to have a health impact. So maybe it's time to look into it. That's what this basically concludes. They report mentions glyc estate. Of course, that's the chemical and roundup. I don't know why they just singleed that one out, but it is everywhere children taking too much medicine, the report says. Report note of the use of stimulant drugs, antidepressants and antipsychotics, as well as asthma medications, have an increase among all children within the past thirty or so years. The report cast speculation on childhood vaccination schedules, noting that the number of vaccines implemented the United States exceeds that of many your opinion vaccine schedules. And I paused when I read that, And that's a fact. They don't have as many vaccines in Europe as we do. But maybe it's because they have socialized medicine and they can't bear the cost of the vaccines.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll look into it. These apparently, according to the importance quota, these times trends significantly outpaced more moderate increases seen in other developed countries. Psychotropics for ADHD, or one example, prescribed two point five times more in the United States than in British children, nineteen times more than in Japanese youth. Everybody's on ADHD medication. I say that that's a broad brush statement. I agree, not everyone, but they are unbelievably they're everywhere out there, prolific. And I look back on my life, I was the kind of kid that talked out in class. Ask any of my teachers. You skip reprimanded for it. Outburst like responding to comments a teacher made. And I felt that it was necessary to interject comedy when I heard something that provided a springboard to make a comedic gesture or comment. Well known for that I was. But you know what, I'd say that, and I know that it was misbehaving. I probably would have been put on ADHD medications had they exist back existed back then, teachers would have complained to my mom and dad and they said, well, you know there's a medication out there, we can put him on riddling and it'll stop him from doing that. So I managed to survive, and I suppose the other students in my classroom managed to get through the case work in spite of the fact that I had occasional outbursts. But I just reflect on my own personal experience in the context of how frequently and often ADHD medications are prescribed and believe that they're over prescribed personally. No, I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on radio, but it's this reports kind of supports my perception of the whole situation. They said, well, stop stopping short of blaming vaccines for directly contributing to chronic illness and acknowledging that immunization will benefit children by protecting them from infectious diseases, which I agree they do. The report claims there's been a limited scientific inquiry into the links between vaccines and chronic disease. In other words, we need to start studying it to find out if they're is any connection, which is great, and then there's one I fully believe. I agree with Kennedy's report blamed a sedentary, technology driven lifestyle that's developed over the past forty years for increasing, in their words, chronic physical and mental health diseases, noting the childhood behaviors differ vastly from prior generations, citing data from the American Heart Association CDC and numerous other studies that have been published over the last fifteen years. See there's actually studies looking into this, which they cite. The report noted how larger shares of children don't meet healthy standards of fitness and fewer children take parking daily physical activities, as if we needed a study to bear that out, which you've got to look around you look at your own chick children. I mean, if you're close to my age, probably have grown children. If you had children, you know damn well that the kids aren't as active today as they were back when we were younger. We didn't have the computers to glue our eyes to the screen all day long. There wasn't online gaming, for example. You used to have to go to the arcade and put a quarter in the machine to do it. Money was limited back then. Anyway, they say the conclusions align with what has been observed globally. A twenty nineteen study sided finding that eighty one percent of adolescents between the ages of eleven and seventeen were insufficiently physically active. Also in the report, parallel to the decline of physical activity American youth, they see deepening psychosocial crisis marked by arising mental health disorders, truth, sleep deficits, chronic stress, pervasive loneliness, all exacerbated exacerbated by the widespread influence of technology. The crisis persists despite rising therapy rates, with some suggesting it may exacerbate the issue. No kidding, well, I'm glad they said it out loud and put it down in black and white in a report. This is something that needs to be well spread around. Information needs to get out there. Social media use also cited in the report is having a negative impact on children's mental health yep A certain in general. V. Vag Murphy under the Biden administration issue to Health Advisory back on twenty twenty three, warning an increase evidence suggested that social media use was damaging youth mental health. Why do you think so many kids out there are having problems? Yeah, social media it's an awful, awful place out there. There's no accountability. People just have no I don't know, I call it sensitive korum. They have no ethics, is no morality. If you were talking face to face to someone with someone you I think, have a certain level of restraint on the words that you use. But when you're on social media you kind of say things blurred out, some really nasty, nasty things and just reflect back when you were a young person. I mean, I think of this the young ladies out there, you know, twelve year old, thirteen year old, they're getting lamb basted on social media, people making fun of how they look or what they do, and the emotional stress that has to have on you. And it was bad enough when you heard those comments whispered behind your back and got wind of them, and you you thought about them when you're walking around at school during the day. Imagine getting inundated with this all the time, and the idea that someone's sitting in front of a screen just absorbing all of that day in and day out. No wonder our young people have so many psychological problems. It doesn't shock me a bit anyway. At least it's there, it's on paper. Will we do anything about it? That remains to be seen? Five eighteen fifty five KR City Talk Station. Feel free to give me a call.
Speaker 3: I'll be right back fifty five KRC if you need to hire. It seems like.
Speaker 2: A few soothing words from Lenny Day. It must be Friday always. Will enjoy that. Gonna go over to the phone. Got Steve onliney Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I hope.
Speaker 5: You enjoy your three day weekend. That's that's a good thing for you to recharge with the extra day off.
Speaker 2: I'll enjoy that.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: This was great. I called yesterday, and usually i'm once a week, every other week, whatever, but I've got to follow up at about eight forty five, and this, this is fantastic. You actually mentioned me by name as being being wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Congressman Davidson voted no, here's one of two right.
Speaker 5: And and and you know what, it tells a couple of things. First of all, it was really cool be named, not just some guy called earlier.
Speaker 2: So I was honored.
Speaker 5: I really was honored. I thought that's cool, and I, you know, and also tells you I'm still listening at eight forty I.
Speaker 2: Was hoping you were out there because you know, and I'm terrible with names, Steve, you know, I asked Joe Strecker how great I am with names. He'll like thousands of stories. But I do specifically remember the conversation and when the vote came in because Davidson said it was yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I've been married thirty six years, and that means I've got a fantastic relationship. But it also means I've been told I'm wrong so many times, so it doesn't Also, I'm I'm very good with you know. I might get a good morning here in a few minutes or I might get Hey, you were wrong about this yesterday, you know what related to what we're talking about, But I was. I thought it was really cool, So I was happy about that. I'm happy to do my Maya cul because he he did. He stuck to his guns. But you know, I want the twenty seventeen tax cut to be made permanent, and that's what I'm hanging on to. Yeah, it doesn't give you everything. I know, we keep going further into debt. Well, yeah, you know, you and I aren't going to be able to solve that. But you take what you can get. So I'm pretty happy with it.
Speaker 2: Listen, you're in the same position as everybody else to voted for it other than Massi and Davidson. Yeah, but you know, it's like being told you're on the Titanic and you're slowly sinking, and hey, we're gonna give you a free lobster and steak dinner. It's like, oh, great, I'll take what I can get because we're all going to die here in about five minutes, which is the existential reality of us further digging ourselves into this massive debt hole, you know, And that's that's what Davidson and Messi both pointed out yesterday and the no vote. Listen, you guys got to wake the hell up. We are going to kill ourselves. And you had an opportunity with the Republicans controlling the House and the Senate and the Presidency all three, you know, while two branches of government. Anyway, I know the Supreme Court gives us question every once in a while, but you know, here's an opportunity, you know, put your jobs on the line, save America and be remembered for the persons and people who actually did the responsible thing and saved us from our ourselves. And you know, I'm with Massi and Davidson on this. I know I'll take yeah, I will take whatever ultimately the Senator proves, because they're planning on changing it, and we will deal with it. But no one up there has the will, the spine, or the the honesty and commitment to helping save the country long term. And that's where we stand, period and story on that topic, that's where we stand.
Speaker 5: We can't afford what we could get.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's what we're going to do. And thus it has apparently ever been, which is how we got to a thirty seven trillion dollars an ever growing whole five twenty six fifty five kr. See the talk station local stories or your calls. Either way we go, We'll go as soon as we get back. There's a lot of stuff time now for your channel night. First morning weather forecast Sunday for the most part, turning partly Friday. I guess it's some junkster Today sixty three for the high Now have forty six overnight with some clouds partly to fidy. Tomorrow sixty eight overnight, few clouds forty nine and on Sunday at partly firty day slight chance arrange sixty eight for the high ride now forty five degrees at fifty five per Setycox station now.
Speaker 1: Five nine.
Speaker 2: On a three day weekend Friday, if you got some plans for Memorial Day, to remember those who paid the ultimum price and service of their country. God bless each and every one of them, and God bless Tom for calling in back. Get to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 1: Tom. Welcome, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 6: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good. I'm always good on a Friday, even better on a three day weekend Friday.
Speaker 6: I got a few topics to hit first I'm going to start with I am convinced that not nearly enough people know how to park or drive it. It's just amazing the crap you got to deal with. You pull into an area, you're trying to find a spot and and there's like six feet between this car and the next car. And it's like, you, guys, if you want to just anyway, you get it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: You get every time I go to the Kroger, I trust me.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, so uh, I'm trying to hit three things Galiga, safety, net, and accountability. Where your your talk this morning when you started out? So I do remember the days of the arcade? Oh yeah, you get you go up to the machine you want to play, if someone's there, you put your quarter on the glass. Yeah, and you keep an eye on the call on your quarter because if somebody else goes to do it, you make sure you let them know that's my quarter.
Speaker 4: I'm next.
Speaker 6: So and and if you're really good at a game, you go to that one and then your two quarters can last a while.
Speaker 2: That is true, And you have to spend like one thousand dollars to get to the level of excellence where your quarter really makes it uh is it is a long term form of entertainment. I was an Asteroids fan, uh and asteroids. Since I got busted, I can say out loud on the radio without fear of repercussions from my mom. Every once in a while, my buddy and I would skip Marlin's practice and walk from Keating Auditorium down back into the little UH area that had a royal family billiards and we would play video games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my kids dentist had an Asteroids machine, no sorry, Space Invaders machine in the in the waiting room, so I would have no problem going to the dentist.
Speaker 4: Take the kids.
Speaker 6: I'll take the kids to the dentist this time.
Speaker 4: On yep, safety net, you.
Speaker 6: You talked about how these government programs were designed to be a safety net. And the problem is some people get very comfortable in the safety net and and they like to just hang out there and oh, this is this is fine, this is good enough. I'll just sit here and uh and take this or the food or whatever, and you're gonna give me, you know, this is good enough. And the problem with that is the last one accountability. There's no accountability, like you mentioned, and there's not people saying no, get out of the safety at Yeah, yeah, your parents just starts with your parents absolutely at home. I'll help you out even after, you know, even after you become an adult. You know, we all need help from time to time. I've got help from my parents, my wife's parents. But it's like this is help to get you going, moving forward and get out of the safety net, exactly. And if you don't have people holding you accountable, you're not going to get out of safety net. You're gonna get comfortable and lazy. It's it all. I mean, a lot of us have more of a drive than others, but we can all get lazy. So we need people in our lives to go No, that's not okay, you're not gonna be able to stay here. If you know, if you have your kids move in when you for a little while when they're older, that's fine. I'll help you out. But hey, there's a goal here. You go back out the door and you take care of yourself. And if you're not willing to do that, then all you're gonna do is is help them be lazy and all that. And we can't have that. So with government, there has to be things in place, like how they're trying to say able bodied. You know, people need to get jobs. You need to work, you need to support yourself. It's not okay. You're not going to die, so you'll be fine. Just get out there, get a job and work. And oh, by the way, don't vote Democrats. Have a great weekend, Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tom, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And for those who object to this whole idea of a work requirement, it's the best possible path to independence. And I would argue happiness, you're hooked up to what I always call the umbilical court of government. They're paying for everything and you get your medical care for free. No, not anymore. You've got at least to show some initiative and work, go to school or actually, you know, endeavor to get an employment. If you ultimately do that, you will be free. You won't have to follow any edicts or mandates from government in terms of how you live your life. It's liberating. Work is liberating work for the sake of work. It's good to have something that you have to go out in the world and do. I would argue it gives you the right to complain about government because they are taking part of your labor and turning it into taxes and then spending it in stupid, stupid, stupid ways. Anyway, there's a multitude of career opportunities out there. The trades is what I keep going back to. That work requirement. Apply that toward getting some degree in the trades or learning and through being an apprentice a trade career path. I don't know, I don't know how anybody objects to something like that. Since that Department's Transportation and Energy completed, they say, over one thousand safety improvement projects on the City of Cincinnati streets Complete Streets Project whatever, Thank you, Liam.
Speaker 1: They say.
Speaker 2: The focus to make sure everyone can get around the city safely, no matter where they are, how they're getting around. WTPO reporting Marlena Lang's language, Mel McVeigh, Department Transportation, Senior City Planner, If you're a pedestrian or a person on a bicycle, you're much more likely to be fatally or seriously injured. Well, isn't that an argument for getting in a car and driving around? Just saying. Majority of the work, accord to the data, focus on repairing and replacing sidewalks throughout the city. Hyde Park saw the most sidewalk improvement with over twenty thousand square feet of sidewalk repaired or added. Neighborhood also saw an addition more than a third of a mile of new bike facilities and thirty five curve brand projects. Makes me question the order of priority anyway, since i've your Central Business Bureau, Downtown had the highest number of safety improvement projects and comfort enhancements. McVeigh said most of these improvements were focused on installing and updating street lights. Mount Airy saw the most traffic calming projects. Joe Strucker just screaming in my ear about this speed humps, and that's exactly what mount Airy got, Joe speed humps, twenty seven of them. Anyhow, well, we're five thirty six fifty five care see the talk station. That's one way of we view it. Don't go away, be right back fifty five the talk station Friday five forty Yes, the answer is always yes. Been a very happy Friday to ye five three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on eight and t phones call in love to hear from you. You'll take a call here in a moment, But first of a strip of use, we go and it's always a distinct pledge to hear from Wassaie Jim, Jim, welcome back, my friend. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 7: If Joe thinks that Mount Airy and those twenty some speed callbers are something else, we have him beat by about three hundred.
Speaker 1: It's called Sunset.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I just figured i'd throw that little smile.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that morning. Someday that road will be fixed and I'll no longer have that in my arsenal of complaints. But you know that day has never come.
Speaker 7: The only way that is ever going to be fixed is your seven h five guests that you're going to have on We'll get on there and we can use our friendship to get that thing repaid.
Speaker 2: Corey Bowman, you should say that on the campaign, on the pledge or as a as a campaign pledge, Yes, Sunset will be repaid.
Speaker 7: Exactly at least the people on the west side.
Speaker 6: Will vote for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, And maybe that's why it's been neglected for so many years, because it is on the west side, and the west side is always neglected by.
Speaker 4: This figured i'd make give you a little smile of Friday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother, appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful three day weekend, my friend. Although in retirement, I guess every day's a weekend. Yuh. Let's let's give out one collective award. I'll see if I can crunch the next several stories into one award. Ready, Joe, this yeah, the stack of rapist. That's a good. That's an excellent way of phrasing this. We will start in Woodville, Ohio, where Kristin she Kristin Kobel, forty five year old described as paraprofessional at Woodmore High School, has been formerly indicted on multiple felony charges related to the alleged sexual assault of a fifteen year old with developmental disability. Specifically, the kids got an IQ of fifty eight grand jury in Sandusky County and dined her on two counts of rape two counts of sexual battery. Indictment stems from an incident January sixth, where she allegedly entered the student's home during a snow day and engaged in sexual conduct with him. Mom said she saw this woman committing sexual action on her son. Again fifty eight IQ. She'd been employed as a para professional at Woodmore High School since twenty sixteen, previously working in Ohio and other school districts. Following arrest, she was placed on unpaid administrative a leave. Authorities have indicated an additional charge, including burglary for allegedly entering the home with ut permission. May be considered number two. In a comparable incident, former Colorado para professional admitted as sexually assaulting an underage special need student. Sounds remarkably similar, doesn't it. Former instructor also accused of providing a miner with fetnel and allegedly telling the boy to bring a gun to school to shoot another faculty member. Co Award winner twenty eight year old Imma Jean k Ewer pleaded guilty to sexual assault on a child by one any position of trust and in the delinquency of a minor and first degree, both felonies. Part of the plea deal, three other felony accounts, one misdemeanor were dropped. She's sentenced to four years in jail. Back in November twenty three, Lakewood Police Department got a tip to the teacher to school allegedly noticed inappropriate writing on a student's class worksheets. Staff member told investigators they witnessed you were expressing favoritism toward the sixteen year old student. Police said they found evidence of an inappropriate relationship between you and the underage boy that began around September of twenty three. During the trial, first Judicial District Attorney officer a special victims prosecutor, brend Chase, accused you were of providing illicit substances to the boy, including ftanyl, and allegedly instructing the special needs students to shoot a faculty member at the school. Adding to the stack, Tasha Pernell, female teacher number three middle school principle in Delaware, pled guilty to two counts of third degree rape one kind of continuous sexual abuse of a child, charges brought in the Superior Court of Delaware after an investigation by the state police into the rape of a child under the age of sixteen for now forty four teacher at Stanton Middle School, where she repeatedly sexually assaulted the victim between twenty ten and twenty fourteen, later serving as a principal of Ai Middle School from twenty twenty until her suspension and termination in twenty four They don't believe their additional victims, and the plea deal prosecutors Adrea to drop sixteen additional sexual crimes charges recommend a maximum sentence of eight years in prison, despite the charges carrying a potential sentence of seventy five years sentencing in August. And finally, Florida teacher accused of engaging an illicit sexual relationship with the student that authority set amounts to a betrayal. Twenty seven year old Brooke Anderson arrested after allegations is a sexual relationship with the student surfaced, charged with three counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor people might see here uh Hegxeth. County Sheriff's office booked her into jail Friday last and she was released the following day on a forty five thousand dollars bail at Lease said the relationship started with sexually explicit text messages, but the reportedly escalated to physical encounters in the weeks leading up to her arrest. The student claimed to have had multiple instances of sexual encounters with Anderson. There you go, what are your children doing in school?
Speaker 4: Day?
Speaker 8: There is the biggest douche of the years.
Speaker 2: All four food out in all the galaxies. There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche.
Speaker 8: Dum good going douce.
Speaker 2: Your dreams have come true. I don't know if that's the preferred nomenclature. Jump unbelievable anyway, not unbelievable. Plum type plumbing they know you deserve better, and they deliver on delivering better. That's right. Great customer service, always the right price for any plumbing need around your home. You've got the best when you're calling plumb type plumbing A plus better business PIU, no service, fees, free estimates. Number one installer of tankless water heaters here in the Tri State, and you go tankless to save money, unlimited hot water. I love that. I had someone mentioned me the other day they had four girls and they always these tanks, always running out of water in the house. Time to go tankless. You turn it on and it just keeps going and going and going. Plus, they last longer than a traditional tank, more than twenty years you'll get out of a tankless and maybe ten or fifteen with a traditional. But again, there's lots of benefits, including space savings. About the size of a suitcase hanging on the wall there, and you clean up all that space, whether your one hundred gallon water heater is or fifty or seventy five as the case maybe. But for all plumbing knees, some pump gone belly up, call plumb type plumbing, clog drains, and they do trenchless sewer line repairs and replacements, so they're not digging up your yard if you're having a sewer line problem. Five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five point three seven two seven tight t t e online, plumtight dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. If you need to hire it seems like five fifty two.
Speaker 2: Fifty five gar City Talk station. Back to the stacker stupid. It is Friday. Of course they're naked people in the stack of stupid, moving away from pervert female teachers molesting children. Still can't believe that's the thing, that's this tradition. Raley police Wednesday arrested a man they say broke into a woman's bedroom naked. Avontae Cooper, thirty years old, charged with first degree burglary, attempted first degree forcible rape, two counts of anis and exposure, two counts of profession of up to half and out a possession rather up to half an ounce of weed in connection with two separate incidents. First heard eleven thirty pm A sixteenth police called report of a burglary at a home in a senior living community. Victim told officers of male suspect was in her room unclothed when she woke up. Suspect fled by the time police showed up. Five days later, offic officers called the indecent exposure incident about a mile away from the first one. That's where they found Cooper Video evidence tid Cooper to the incident. In the exposure he May sixteenth burglary. Cooper held away kind of jail without bail in the attempted rape case, with bail said a one thousand dollars secured later upon his release, he may not have contact with any of the victims. No kidding, uh break in described as a Goldilocks and three bears moment that according to Michael Duarte, Duarte, a sports writer for NBC four local news in Los Angeles, told his news station that he had been away fro him home for a few days returned his past Saturday to find someone had broke it into his Echo park Holm. He said he could see food the glass door in the back of his home, that the kitchen had been ransacked. First, he thought a wild animal had made its way inside to damage things, but broken glass panel next to the door immunicated to break in. When he made his sort to the front door, he told the station he noticed another glass panel had been broken, and the dist he noticed something peculiar. He said, it wasn't a bear, just a naked man, although that naked man could have been a bear, right Joe, He said, to see it man not just sleeping in my bed, but completely naked, sleeping in my bed. I was shocked. It's like Goldilocks from the Three Bears, and someone's been in my bed instead of the little bear. He told friend waiting in the car with his bets to call police, who arrived to arrest the man. As the man was being led away in handcuffs, he threatened to kill him, and his friend spoken for the LA Police Department to immediately respond to the Times inquiry on the request. It's Los Angeles Times reporting shortly after the arrest, already began to serve with the damage. He said. The man appeared to have been in his home for many hours, helping himself to food in the fridge. He said he ate a box of ice cream sandwiches. He ate a dull whip, a whole box of beyond beef burghers, and that he had stuffed in the microwave to cook. Also found duarte stash at chewing gum. He said, I have fresh pack was sixty inside unopened. He opened it up, chewed all of them, then spit a big wad of gum about the size of the softball. A's this tradition, yeah right, and finally got A woman in Japan arrested for allegedly locking her naked partner on their balcony for the night, leading to his death from exposure to the cold. Fifty four year old arrested on charge of assault and lethal confinement. This in the Japan Nagasaki region. The woman ordered the victim to get out on the balcony while he was naked and confine him there, according to the local police. Next day, police rushed to the scene after an emergency call. The forty nine year old was found quote nearly dead clothes quote in a room. He later died of hypothermia. Temperature that night dropped down to thirty eight point sixty six fahrenheit. Woman earlier attacked her partner, who was the common law husband, with a knife, leading him with nose injuries that took two weeks to heal. To reveal the cut one of the man's nose, Please are investigating the possibility the man was a victim of daily domestic violence. H fivefty six fifty five KR City Talk Station got more to talking about between six oh five when we get back and bottom of the hour with Tech Friday's Dave Hatterer at six point thirty uh. If you can feel free to call regardless, I'll be right back.
Speaker 9: Another update coming up. The day's top story's at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Important issues that are facing this country on.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC, the talk station planning to build a new at.
Speaker 2: Six oh six. Here at fifty five car CIT Talk Station Happy for Friday. Bro Thomas host with thirty five Jersday morning shows, speaking right now and always welcoming your phone calls, and you can feel free to give me a ring. Five one three, seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three Talk Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Bottom of the Hour Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. So Is security cards will now be available online. Topic one, Topic two woman Google's cell finds out she's been indicted on drug try crimes. It'd be a little alarming and the coming quantum apocalypse, you know, So we went on a real positive note. Dave had it this morning Corey Bowman in studio Mayoro Kennedy, Corey Bowman, City of Cincinnati Vote. Corey Bowman will have him in studio to talk about what's going on, what's on his mind as he moves forward with his campaign. Jim's did since a Warburgs Jim's did. There's a Memorial Day Dance at Moonlight Pavilion on Saturday and then June sixth through eighth, d Day commemoration that's taking place at Lunkan Airport. Details from Jim at seven point forty, follow by hair Don Heinrich Toltzman, our resident German expert on all things German. We've got a German Day celebration, which I'm cracking up because it's German Day celebration, but it says May twenty eight through June first, only Germans can make one day last the whole week, right, Joe, You being German, you would know more than anyone. Kick off to the German festival season it is, and again I love the German festival season, and I'm certainly loving this. German Club's come in the studio bringing usually a kite and usually some awesome food and drink als fundraiser. That's at eight point thirty with Richard Dickman. You'll be talking about that and closing the show out with John Zenz or not to be confused with Todd, but save Hyde Park Square. The signatures are in and the residents are going to have an opportunity to overturn with the City Cincinnati imposed upon them against their will. Not exactly a luster or two of how a representative form of government is supposed to work, now, is it, Eddie how I didn't mention it, but since I did start out the morning show with the release of the Make America Healthy Report from RFK Junior and some of the highlights in that, I think this is a wonderful development in the name of health for the American people, at least those on snap Benefits. Department of Agricultural Secretary of Brook Rawlins was talking in Nebraska on Monday and an event yesterday with the release of the Make America Healthy Again Report, the Trump administration is approving waivers that will eliminate junk food from the food stamp programs. Monday, she was in Nebraska, signed the first waiver, also signed awaiver for Indiana and Iowa, with in her words, half a dozen more coming down the line. Do you think Ohio will ask for a waiver? Joe, No, that was a quick no. You didn't even hesitate to think about it. She said. We are on track to sign multiples of SNAP waivers to get junk food and sugary drinks out of our foodstamp program amen. According to reporting, forty two million, On average, forty two million low income Americans received food stamp assistance every month. One in five American children under the age of seventeen received SNAP benefits. Nebraska that waiver, it's a two year pilot program. That's the first date in the nation to bar recipients a federal foodstamp program from using the money to buy junk food, soda, and other high sugar items well and supplement a nutrition assistance program. There's nothing nutritious about them. Why are we paying for going into someone's body? This is zero nutritional value. In effect, it's bad for you. It diabetes anyone. Texas and West Virginia also applied for a waiver. Governor Greg Abbott Texas. SNAP was created to increase in access to nutritious food state in the obvious. However, many SNAP purchases are for food with little to no nutritious value. Under the trub administration, for the first time since the program was authorized, states can take steps to eliminate the opportunity to buy junk food with SNAP benefits and as sure that taxpayer dollars are used only to purchase healthy, nutritious foods.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Amen for those object to that whole idea. You just told people what to eat with the Kuindicut. Yeah, it's it's it's federal dollars. What federal dollar doesn't come back to the states After they've removed it from your state and send it to the EC, they wash it, they send it back with a bunch cut out, but it comes with strings attached. Oh, you want federal money, then you must do the following. Okay, you want SNAP assistance, you might us at least buy nutritious food. It's good for you. We're forcing you to do the right thing for yourself. Anyway, at Court, to the White House Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt, Trump wants the Congressman Thomas Massey and Congressman Warren Davidson to be primary because they voted no on the Big Beautiful Bill asked about this White House reporter Mike Carter at the press briefing yesterday, she pointed out Thomas Massey and Warren Davidson voting no. I believe Trump does in connection with the lawmakers being primaried, and I think or so either And I don't think he likes to see grand standards in Congress. According to the reporting and comment earlier in the week, Trump called Massy a grandstander. Well, she said, what's the alternative? This is an insane statement. I would like to ask those members of Congress. Did they want to see a tax hike? Did they want to see our country go bankrupt? That's the alternative by them trying to vote no bankrupt. It was the very the fundamental principle of why they did vote no. Good comments from Massy On that. She went on to saying the President believes the Republican Party needs to be unified, and a vast majority of Republicans clearly are. Yeah, they're unified, and their collective state of denial about the financial situation we find ourselves in in this country, A trillion dollars annually and growing in debt service. That's the interest we pay on the on the debt we've we've incurred Massy yesterday, explaining his vote for his reason for voting, No, I'm here to deliver a dose of reality, which is always what you can get when Congress from MASSI speaking. This bill dramatically increases deficits in the near term, but promises our government will be fiscally responsible five years from now where we heard that before. How do you bind a future Congress to these promises? The bill is a debt bomb, ticking.
Speaker 10: H.
Speaker 2: Davidson yesterday. While I love many things in the bill, why, going back to Steve's comments the last hour, Yeah, well take what you can get, but you know somebody should be all right, I love While I love many things in the bill, Davidson said, promising someone else will cut spending in the future does not cut spending. Deficits do matter, and this bill grows them. Now, the only Congress we can control is the one we're in. Consequently, I cannot support this big deficit plan. Amen. Further comments from Congress from mass very soon the government be paying. Are you ready for this sixteen thousand dollars of interest per us family? Imagine what could be done with that kind of money. He estimates under bills, taxing and spending levels, a national debt could balloon by as much as thirty trillion dollars over the next ten years, saying Congress can do funny math, fantasy math if it wants, but bond investors don't. We're not rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic tonight. We're putting coal in the boiler and setting a course for the iceberg. Well stated, and someone else you can count on to speak truth to power. Senator Ran Paul. He is not going to be in voting for the big beautiful bill either when it lands over in the Senate where they will make changes. Yeah, grand standard, he said. I've told them they'll if they'll take the debt ceiling off it, which they are, I'll consider voting for it. We never ever voted to raise the debt ceiling.
Speaker 1: This much.
Speaker 2: It'll be a historic increase. I think it's not good for conservatives to be on record supporting a four or five trillion increase to the debt ceiling. If it's not conservative, I can't support it, see a man of principle. If they're able to take the debt ceiling off of it and have the tax reductions and spending reductions, I'd probably vote for that, he said. The spending reductions are imperfect and I think wimpy. Amen, but I'd still vote for the package if it didn't have the vote to raise the debt ceiling. Republicans now own the debt, he said. The Republicans now own the spending. There's no more blaming. Oh, it's former President Joe Biden's fault. That that is, it's simply a Defit is fully and completely owned by the Republicans after this bill. Well, they're right period. Wish Republicans had a little more back then. And at least we're as honest as Davidson, Massey and Paul are six sixteen fifty five KRC Detalk station. Get touch with Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Outstanding folks they are at Zimmer. They did great customer service. They do all facets of HVAC work and they've been around for about eighty years. Family owner and operator is still representing the company that have ded air conditioning carrier. And speaking of carrier, if your system goes belly up, it's time to get a new carrier, comfort system and save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars for my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. Yes, making Cincinnati home safe, efficient and comfortable for almost eighty years. Congratulations on the milestone the folks at Zimmer. So turn to the experts at Zimmer, get a carrier cash rebate while the offer still exists, and save that fat bank fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. Give Chris Zimmer a call five one three five one ninety eight ninety three five one three five ninety eight ninety three to learn more about what Zimmer can do for you and your home and a scheduled deployment online. It's easy to do upp right hand corner on the website, Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Six one pick about KRCD talk station, three day weekend Heading our Way, David Happy Yeah, Ah and the beginning of the end for the EV mandate yay. Senate voted yesterday fifty one forty four to uh en California's electric vehicle mandate yay. That's following a similar action from the House, which earlier this month voted two forty six to one sixty four oh bipartisan support for a resolution resolution rescinding the federal waiver giving California the right to impose an EV mandate on the population done under the nineteen ninety six Congressional Review Act, which allows lawmakers to overturn recent regulations. Well, the President has to sign off on this, but since it passed the House and Senate on why to bipartisan support, you know Trump's going to sign this one into law. Under California's mandate, thirty five percent of automaker's automakers sales next year are required to be zero emission vehicles, and that jumps to sixty eight percent twenty thirty. And that does not remember, that doesn't include hybrids, which seems to be the wave of the future. Hybrids do have emissions because they are part electric and part gasoline. State in the obvious man's plaining, I may be you may know that, but that's the fact, and a lot of people like them. You can go quite a few miles on the battery, maybe just zipping around town doing some errands without having to use the battery. But guess what, when the electricity runs out, the motor will kick in yay, and that'll recharge the battery while you're driving around using the motor. It's it's an ideal, you know. It's sort of interim approach to this. And it's also noted and I appreciate the Wall Street journals acknowledging this. Two emissions from gas cars don't contribute to pollution their plant food. Nonetheless, the EPA, under President Biden granted a waiver to bless this policy. Automakers pointing out that quotas will force them produce fewer gasoline cars. Prices would certainly rise to offset losses from EV's which is going on right now. Mandate harms workers as well. Automakers have already shed jobs in order to push up their EV production. Michigan already lost eleven thousand, six hundred motor vehicle and parts job over the past couple of years. Is anybody crying over that job? You've seen any articles written about the emotional and psychological trouble that the Autobbo workers who lost their jobs as a consequence of EV mandates have been dealing with. No not a word government workers. However, they'll make the press when you fire them. Even Democratic Senator Elissa Slotkin joined along with other Republicans killing the calif Orny mandate. Of course, she's from Michigan. Quote, I have a special responsibility to stand up for the more than one million Michiganders whose livelihoods depend on the US auto industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In spite of the fact that she's grand standard in favor of these liberal green new energy policies in the past. And a related note, Honda is slashing thirty percent of its investment in electric vehicles because of slowing demand, now focusing on launching more ah Yes hybrid vehicles. Earlier this week, Honda said it would miss its previous goal of having electric vehicles account for thirty percent of its total car sales by twenty to thirty. According to CEO Toshihiro mebe myb M memibe pronounce it as you will. Based on the current market slowdown, we expect EV sales in twenty thirty to fall below the thirty percent that we previously targeted. You said EV's might might might not make up around twenty percent of their sales by the end of the decade. Their previous goal was a sixty nine billion dollar investment in EVS and related software. By twenty thirty that number down to forty eight point four billion. Still put a lot of money into it. And this is after Honda said earlier this month that it was placing a two year pause on the ten point seven billion dollar plant upgrade its factory in Ontario, Canada, to make it into an EV building hub, supporting a facility here in Ohio. And you know, Hot is not the only one. A lot of automobile manufacturers are going in the same direction. It's like chasing their tail, trying to force EVS on a population that doesn't want them. Six twenty five Tech part of a Dave Hatter coming up next. First cross Country Mortgage, specifically, Suzette lows the camp. She is great. She's got more experience in the mortgage business, and I think anybody on the planet more than thirty five years, and I always find that hard to believe. She's wonderful at customer service, very quick and helping you out. She work with all kinds of lenders so she can find the right product for you depending upon your situation. Great rates at the low cost is what it's all about when you're working with Suzette Low's Camp and quick turnaround, asked my daughter, And there was like two days from the phone initial phone call to them securing financing for the home that they now own, and my daughter raved about how nice Suette Low's Camp was to work with. Amen to that. So, whether we listen to reverse mortgage, second mortgages, refinancing your existing mortgage, or buying that home you got your eye on, she's the right person to talk to and she'll get right back with you. One of two ways to reach her phone number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, license in all fifty States and Puerto Rico. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. To email her. It's Suzette dot Low's Camp, l O s E KA mp SS at dot Low's Camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 9: Com, fifty five KRC dot com, SHI.
Speaker 2: Six thirty I fifty five karsine talk station. It being Friday, it's that time a week to a Dave had it brought to you by Intrust. It appreciate Interest I t sponsoring the segment and doing what he does each and every day for businesses in the area, and that's helping them with their computer needs. All things computer. You get in touch with interrust I, which the CINCINNTI Business Career says are the best in the business. Dave had Ter from Interest, I welcome back to the morning show, my friend. It's always great having you on.
Speaker 1: Always my pleasure to be here. Brian, and.
Speaker 2: I was noting the last topic, the quantum apocalypse. We're going to end in a dreary note. It sounds like, but let's start out with something that I think is maybe a good thing but may represent some security issues. Social Security and cards now available online. What does this mean?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I don't think they're available yet, Brian. I think it's coming this summer as the earliest projection I've seen, and I think this is probably a good thing as long as people understand the risks that come along with it. It's funny, you know, I'm old enough that I still have a paper Social Security card from the late sixties. It says something to the effect of not for identification purposes, and if people go back and look, you'll find that, you know, originally this wasn't supposed to be used the way that it is now is sort of a primary key or unique identifier for you as an individual.
Speaker 2: I think I got mine when I was like eight years old. It was a white piece of paper with blue ink on and social Security card and it as my signature from when I was eight. Brian me too, trust my signature does not look anything like that anymore.
Speaker 1: So I think the idea here is, you know, if you lose that card, which is now needed for a variety of different things like you know, employment and so forth, in most cases it's a pain to get a new one. You either can show up in person to a Social Security office or you can apply online, but you know, you have to go through a process to get that card. And the idea here, at least as what's been stated, is this would be a digital version of the card that you could download. You could access it online, so you don't you can't really lose it per se.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: The main concern I would have for something like this is what kind of protections are the government building into the website that would allow you to access these things, so that now you know if you've ever used the Social Security Administration's website, like I'll occasionally go in there and see how much money I purportedly do when I retire, which I think is lable because I doubt any of that will be there. But nevertheless, I've already created account in the Social Security Administration, and I've turned on multi facture authentication all that sort of stuff. So the first thing I would suggest to folks is it wouldn't be a bad idea if you haven't done it already, to go out to the Social Security Administration, go through the process of creating an account. Make sure you create a strong, unique password like we always describe on the show when we talk about passwords. You know, longer is better, use a password manager, store that password in it. And you know, if you have a password manager, you can just let it generates some the longest string of random mumbo jumbo possible for that particular site. Longer, longer, longer is better. You know, once you get over twelve characters, it gets much more difficult to crack once you get up to them at eighteen, especially if you've got symbols and numbers in there as well as letters, and it's basically uncrackable. But I also get that that's hard hard for folks to remember, which is why, Brian, if you get a password manager, one password, for example, you can create one strong unique password for your password manager, some phrase that only you would know longer is better. Turn on MFA on your password vault slash manager. Then you then you can create strong, easily create and managed strong unique passwords for all your accounts.
Speaker 2: So at least a lot of apocalypse comes, that's right, at.
Speaker 1: Least until the apocalypse comes, Brian, good point. Good point, Yes, make sure you turn on multi facture authentication so that you know, even if someone can guess crack buy your password, they can't get into that account because you know, you don't want someone else to have access to your Social Security card. That just creates the opportunity for them to perpetrate fraud in your name. My guess is this will probably have some sort of app you could download as well where you could store that card digitally. You know, certainly if you can see it online, you could download a photo of it. I would just remind folks, you know, once you set up the account once you use whatever security mechanisms they make available, and hopefully they'll do the right things there again, give you MFA for example, you know you want to be careful with that card. Again, if your card is stolen, that's not helpful to you, but you know this does give you a much quicker and easier way to replace it if you will, because you know, even if your phone got stolen in this case, you just log in and get another copy of the card, but you know it would be important to protect the digital version of that card.
Speaker 2: Indeed, remember so you heard it here. Longer bet we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yes, longer is better, and we'll see when this launches again. I'm seeing summer, but I have not seen a firm date for when it will be available.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you haven't netted a phrasing button throughout this entire conversation. Yes, Eric, Eric, just instant message. Instance messaged me. That's what she said, right, Eric, you got it away.
Speaker 1: Well know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, what happens when you google yourself and find out you've been indicted in drug crimes? We'll find out next with interest dot COM's Dave Hatter six thirty five right now, if you have kcdtalk station, Foreign Exchange, your premier European and Asian import automotive specialists and Tesla specialists look to emphasize Tesla. They've all been trained to service Tesla's and they have data access to the manufacturer technical information for all the cars that they service, and that's literally anything from the most exotic to the most run of the mill. I've been taking my cars up there for years and years, always getting great service. They are truly wonderful at customer service. And you get an a s C Certified Master Technician working on your car. Uh, you get a full warranty on parts and service for everything they do, and you will pay less. That's the point. I was looked to emphasize that I have saved all kinds of money over the years taking the cars at Foreign Exchange, and I know you will too. For Westchester's the one I recommend. There's multiple locations in Foreign Exchange. I choose the Westchester Tylersville exit off of I seventy five, head east two streets, hanging right on Kinglin and you are there, and please do tell them. Brian said, I love those guys at Foreign exchange online. You'll find them at foreign axform the letter X dot com. The Westchester number five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. That's five one three six four four twenty six twenty.
Speaker 9: Six, fifty five KRC the talk station as MISSI is six forty Here if you five KRCD talk station and tech part of me Dave Hatter again, interest it.
Speaker 2: Dot com to get Dave and the crew handling your businesses computer needs, all right, Pivoting over to something, Well, a woman found out she's been indicted on a drug crime by searching herself on Google where it was this one all about Dave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a wild story and you know, probably a first nightmare for many people, and one of the reasons why I've suggested to people forever that at a minimum, you should go out and occasionally Google your name. Despite the fact that I am not a fan of Google is you know, Brian and I generally don't use any Google product, especially their search engine.
Speaker 2: Away, I never ever google my name ever.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you might want to do it once in a while for this type of purpose here, to see what's out there associated with your name that might either a lead people to believe that you've done something you haven't done.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that that's out there. I just you know, I know what I've done and what I have not done, and what could I do to Okay, real quick here, let's tackle the topic.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: You go out there and find something that you haven't done and someone's accusing you of what the hell can you do about it? It's on the internet, for God's sake. You can't erase something that's out there the cloud permanently out there in the world.
Speaker 1: You might be able to, but it's difficult. And that's what you know, what this lady found out. So you know, apparently she was looking for a job. She did a search, her name came up. And this is interesting because you know there are other people with the name Dave Hatter out there. Oh yeah, there are you know, other people with the name Dave Hatter that have done things I don't necessarily want to be associated with. So part of my argument for doing this would be, so you see these things that are out there, and then if you are looking for a job or whatever, you can get in front of it. Hey, I know, when when you check into my background, you're going to find this thing, right, Well, that's not me, and here's the proof of it, so that's part of it. This is a little little trickier for her because apparently in her case, when they indicted these people, they somehow got her mixed up with an old phone number or something, and what she found was a picture of her old driver's license out there. So this isn't just someone with the same name has done something, right and oh well, yeah, this is another person with the name Dave Hatter, But that's not me there in Colorado. I'm in Kentucky whatever.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: They actually have somehow misidentified this woman. There's a warrant out for her arrest with a fifty thousand dollars cash bond, and it's got a picture of her driver's license. So now that's now this is where I'm saying, you know, and what she did she hired an attorney and you know, work backwards to try to get this corrected because you know, obviously this is a little more serious than well, I didn't get a job because someone has misidentified me and has mistaken me for someone else. You know, here law enforcement is looking for actively looking for her because they've identified the wrong person and you know, the story goes on to say that it's it's shoddy police work. But back to your point about how do you delete it, Brian, you know there are services out there like delete me and others. The whole idea of delete me is, all right, go find information about me out there on the Internet, and then you know, like with all these data brokers and so forth, and depending on which state you're in and what the state privacy laws are, you can request to have information delete it. But you have to find these people and then you have to put these requests in. In many cases you have to kind of cajole them to get this done so you can pay a service like delete me. Again, they've been around the longest. To go out and find information about you and try to remove it. The Google alert is the cheap and dirty way just to see what's out there about you. It's not going to find everything, but it will find things that other people could easily find. And you know, to your point earlier in the segment, yes, it can be really difficult to get stuff removed and maybe it's not worth the effort. Again, especially if it's something that you can easily dismiss. If you know what's out there and get out in front of it. But you know, for this woman, this obviously would have been fairly catastrophic had she gotten arrested and sat in jail until all this got cleared up. So again I would suggest to folks whether you just occasionally use Google, since it is still the biggest, most popular, probably best search engine in terms of the largest amount of context in its index, just occasionally go Google your name and variance of it. You can set up Google Alerts, which is a free service. It's actually the only thing I use from Google. So I have Google Alerts set up on things like Dave Hat or David Hatter, city of Fort right, so when those terms show up new in their index, it will send me an email and I can go see, well what is this about? Right? So Google Alerts is actually a valuable service. It's free. It will tell you when any variant of anything that you want to search on shows up in their index. Again, it's not comprehensive. It's not going to find everything. It's only finding things that are new from that point forward, and then you know, you can just do a standard search on Google. It's not a bad idea to use bing and Duck duck, go and start page and other search engines too, and just to get some idea of what's out there. And then if there are things that are less flattering or that you would want to either a try to get rid over at least no exist and a dress in a preemptive way. You have some insight into what's out.
Speaker 2: There fair enough in your experience as anything ever popped up that was untoward.
Speaker 1: You know, there are Dave Hatter is a somewhat unique name, So there are other Dave Hatters out there. I don't you know, wouldn't necessarily want to have any of their stuff A creek to me, if that's the right way to say it. I can tell you there's apparently another city of Fort Right's somewhere in Washington, and or or Fort Wright. I don't know that city of so I'll occasionally get hits on Fort Wright coming out of Washington, but I I you know, from my perspective personally, No, I haven't seen anything too crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you. Well, I'm on radio, and some people might perceive things that I say as somewhat controversial since I talk about politics all the time. That's why I don't wait into those waters. I, you know, say what you want. I don't really care what you think. Uh, And you know, I just I presume that you know, there are comments out there that I might disagree with, but see that just to me, that just would give me a headache.
Speaker 1: I could understand that.
Speaker 2: It's just that's why I don't interact online with politics or say post things that are controversy or otherwise political on Facebook, because I don't want to invite that ridiculous reaction from people.
Speaker 1: I can understand that.
Speaker 2: Brian, Yeah, I get where you're coming from though. That most definitely well, what's the quantum apocalypse is apparently coming. It's frightening. We'll talk about that coming up next. After I mentioned my dear friends at twenty two to three on Route forty two between Mason eleven and the Ultimate Gun Store Indoor Range, they've got a gunsmith. They have absolutely wonderful staff there that are knowledgeable, professional and know everything there is to know about what they're selling, which is an amazing selection of firearms, long guns and handguns, ammunition accessories. They've got it all, plus a nice selection of knives too. I'm a big micro tech fan, and they do carry micro tech knives. But it is Father's Day coming up, so you might want to think about Dad Data shooter already, get them a range membership or even just a gift card them out there and maybe just spend some quality time in the range with Dad. It is Father's Day, so celebrate Dad's with a gift from twenty two to three Route forty two between Mason and eleven and find them online the number twenty two five by the word three spelled out twenty two to three.
Speaker 3: Dot com fifty five KRC on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Corey Bowman Merril candidate Cory Bowman running for the City City since Saint Mayor have you on the program after the top of the hour News in Studio in the meantime, one more segment and here's where we get the frightening part. There's always something creepy and frightening in your reports. Here Dave, the coming quantum Apocalypse. I love the subheading on this what happens when quantum computers can finally crack encryption and break into the world's best kept secrets. It's called Q Day, the worst holiday maybe ever. That's the article from Wired. Yeah, it's it's funny. You know, people throw around the term apocalypse all the time. Yeah, and you know, I don't know that we're heading for an apocalypse.
Speaker 1: But on one of the things I want to cover next week is at least somewhat related to this. So from the Hill again, we can talk about this in detail next week. China has an off switch for America and we aren't ready to deal with it. So that's a headline from the Hill this past week.
Speaker 2: That power grid.
Speaker 1: I bet it does. But even more so, and you know this quantum computing is part of it. So in a nutshell, the idea of quantum physics, which is the base that quantum computing comes from, is not new, right all the way back in nineteen hundred, physicist Max Plank published a study that sort of started all this, And then in nineteen ninety five a guy named David Deutsch and another guy named Richard Josh assuming I'm pronouncing it right, demonstrated a quantum algorithm that would be able to outperform any sort of traditional algorithm on specific types of problems. And then from there we've gotten into this race where people are trying to build these quantum computers. The basic gist of it all boils down to and again this gets you know, into some really wild physics and quantum mechanics and all kinds of crazy stuff I don't know that much about. But the basic gist is, you know, current computers are binary. You know, everything is on or off one or zero. These this uses some kind of technique called cubits where essentially the quantum computer can do things, can be in multiple states at one time instead of on or off. So for certain types of problems, a quantum computer is you know, potentially many many times exponentially faster than a traditional computer at certain types of tasks. It's not faster or better at everything, but it's it's again exponentially better at certain types of things. One of them, which is really the gist of this story, is that all of the current encryption mechanisms we have out there, things like our say encryption AES two fifty six encryption that's used to protect and drive everything that we have today, will potentially be crackable by these quantum computers once they become fully operational. Now, as you might guess, not only are these very difficult to build, they're incredibly expensive. You have to have like you know, liquid nitrogen super cooled environments. That this is not something that's easy to do. But you've got you know, lots of the big tech companies in the United States in a race for this IBM, Google, Microsoft, three of the main players.
Speaker 2: China Party.
Speaker 1: Yes, China is in this game because if in this QDA thing they're talking about, when you reach this place where you can use these computers to crack in these encryption algorithms, and the basic just is because of the way they work, they can try so many combinations at one time, things that might take a billion years using a traditional linear approach. With binary computers, you know, you can crack these advanced algorithms that now are basically uncrackable pretty easily. Mist has already been working on quantum resistant encryption algorithms specifically for this purpose. But part of the problem, Brian is, you know, even if your company has done everything right, you have all of your data encrypted using today's best technologies, once these come fully online, well that's out the window. And that's one of the reasons, and I believe this speculation is right. One of the reasons why China and others have been so aggressive about trying to steal data is even if they can't crack it today, right, it's encrypted now, I don't have the capability to crack it today. Once they once they get a quantum computer that is fully operational, they will be able to easily crack the encryption on everything they've sucked up so far. And that's this Q day idea they mentioned in this story at some point in the you know, now, there's a lot of speculation when this will happen. Most of the speculation has been wrong so far. But the idea that we are rapidly approaching a time where current encryption techniques will no longer be sufficient. Anything that was encrypted using these old techniques will be easily crackable and then less and until everyone adopts these new quantum resistant encryption algorithms, which require more power and you know, encrypting all this data, we are essentially kind of in a scenario where everything could be exposed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And let me just sort of point out what seems to be obvious to me that the only point in engaging in this research and driving and moving toward that point in time is for nefarious purposes, whether it's governments wanting to crack encryption on their adversaries or you know, nefarious actors wanting to crack encryptions out here in the real world to steal money or something other than that. What purpose does this, sirve? What is wrong with us? You know, allowed to have some measure of privacy in our data? You know, well, A, I agree with you wholeheartedly, but be keep in mind.
Speaker 1: You know, the the sole purpose of this is not just to crack encryption, right, It's to be able to run advanced mathematical models on things like weather and stuff like that. Right, It's not. It has a much wider array of options and things that would be very beneficial to society. Potentially, the downside those because of the nature of the way it works, and in particular something called Shor's algorithm, bracking current encryption mechanisms will become fairly simple. Unfortunately, and again in less than until you move to these quantum resistant algorithms, you will be pretty much exposed. And I encourage people go checking us again. You can go down some super deep rabbit holes where this stuff gets so mind bending. But you know, if you just kind of look at the state of things, right that there's essentially a race on just kind of like the nuclear race or the AI race, And you know, this is sort of adjacent to the AI race. They're not necessarily the same thing, but again kind of adjacent to each other. If a foreign adversary were to be able to and there are some that speculated this is all this Q day has already happened. We just don't know it yet. I have no evidence of that.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't something that would announce to the world. I think we could lead probably the part on that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Brian, That's that's one of the things too in this business. You know, if you really suddenly become the company that builds a super intelligent AI, or you get here first, are you going to announce it because you have such an advantage both from a military perspective and from a economic perspective. Do you really want to tell your adversaries you've already got it because you amamb that. Yeah, all right, well it's like the Enigma machine. You know, you've got it all at time. Dave, interest it dot Com. Thanks is always your company for sponsoring the segment. It is always a great segment. Dave, learn a lot from you. Look forward to next Friday. In another edition. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Always my pleasure, Brian, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Six fifty seventy five Krcity talk Station. Corey Bowman in studio after the.
Speaker 9: News, stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the hour, and that's so important. Another update coming up on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by me.
Speaker 1: It's seven oh.
Speaker 2: Six here pick you by pair CD talk station. Fine time, especially every one of very very happy Fridays. We head into a three day Memorial Day weekend. I'm sure I hope everybody's going to be remembering those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in service of their country on Memorial Day and some of the events going on over the weekend, some of which we're gonna learn about later in the program. In the meantime, it is always a pleasure to have guests in the studio, and it's always a pleasure to have Corey Bowman here. Corey, of course won the primary. He is the Republican candidate for mayor of the City of Cincinnati. We all recognize an uphill challenge, but I think one that Corey is up to. Corey, good to see you again.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: Great to see you, Brian, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Happy to do it before we get to you know, campaigns and politics and priorities.
Speaker 12: Three weeks to go, three weeks to go. My wife is due with our fourth child. So that is so awesome Mary for that. I am so happy for you. Did you find out ahead of time it's gonna be a boy or girl? It's gonna be a boy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 12: So we have two boys and a girl and they're all about two years apart, and then this one we found out was a boy, and I'm excited for that. I get to rough house with them, and then I have my princess toil to spoil. Continues Amen to that brother. Nothing like having a baby girl.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I was kind of worried about that because, you know, being a dad and you know, I remember what it was like when I was a young man, and you always have these concerns. But man, it is just so awesome having a daughter. Just love every single minute. Not the discount that I the love I have for my son, but it's just a huge difference between the two.
Speaker 1: There really is.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 8: I just see that the sons are the extra protection that I need to ward Off. Yeah, any boys in the.
Speaker 2: Future, absolutely and without my son and my night daughter are the absolute best friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just love that because my sister and I, yeah we get along now, we're friends now, but growing up it's like vinegar or oil and water.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well that yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 6: Is so.
Speaker 12: I have a sister that's sixteen months apart from me, and growing up there was always like that back and forth of possible fighting. But then as we got older, we still like mess around with each other. But I think that we've been closer than ever as we started having kids of our own.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, that's great. Yeah, we were three years apart, and I think that extra year is what really kind of made that. Yeah, she didn't want me around, get out of my room, leave me alone. It was a lot of that anyway. Pivoting over, of course, you did win the primary. We're all very happy about that. Corey Bowman blwm A and Coreybowman dot com where you can donate and help out. And this is the point in time in the race where you really have to start buckling down on fundraising and putting signs in yards and shoring up support. Where are you in so in terms of the campaign, because you know, I know very little about campaign strategy. So you're getting at least getting some help from the Hamilton kint of Republican Party.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're getting the right amount of people that are coming out and support and to give us the right of Actually just had a meeting yesterday with brad winstrip oh good. He was the last one to actually run from mayor as a Republican. A lot of great insight there. An amazing man, amazing public servant as well. Yeah, so you know, I'm my goal is to listen to those that have you know, been in maybe similar waters or people that actually know what they're doing, and to just say, hey, what's going to be the best way to move forward with this? And then also to learn about the position as well. What I found out is that a lot of people become expert campaigners, but they're not experts in the job that they're applying for.
Speaker 2: Listen, you know, I've been thinking about that a lot, you know, specifically with regard to you what I started hearing about, like from Todd Zen's or Citizen Watchdog about everything that goes on behind the scenes in the Bear's office. It's like it's there's a lot more there than I think people even fully appreciate.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Tod's been an excellent resource for us. He's been incredible help with us as well as just showing the back fourth of the legislature and the things that go on behind the scenes there.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you got these resources and props to uh Todd and Brand and others that are giving you a hand on that. You know, others have made mistakes and you can learn from their mistakes and not go down that road.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I think that.
Speaker 12: You know, one of the things that some current people in office will say is that, oh, he doesn't really know what he's done, he doesn't have the experience. Well, when I look behind the scenes and I see what the experienced people quote unquote have to say about it, I'm like, well, maybe it's good to not have experience to start out with and to actually learn from this and learn how to do it ethically and morally.
Speaker 2: Well how about that? Yeah, ethically and morally. You don't hear that from a politician very often. Well, then they'll say the words, but then they won't you know, walk the walk though. They will talk to talk, so well, we could we could use a healthy dose of that in since they city politics. Your reaction on the I guess the Hyde Park signatures they've so I likely to accumulated enough for the save High Parks where a campaign. We're gonna hear from Johnson's or who's behind that effort at the end of the program at eight forty five, he'll be joining the show to talk about the signature efforts. But step in the right direction from your perspective.
Speaker 12: No, I definitely believe that because the people of Hyde Park, I mean congratulations to them for actually this is a massive feat. You know. I had two and a half weeks to get five hundred signatures, and we were trying to book it to try to get that on the ballot at two and a half months to get people to show up for an election that not many people knew about. But in just a short amount of time, this army in Hyde Park has basically gotten I believe that they're going to reach their goal of close to fifteen thousand signatures to get on the ballot.
Speaker 2: I believe there's ninety one hundred or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so they're smart, Yeah, yeah, they have the buffer. They still have to verify it, but it's looking like they're going in the right direction. Congratulations to them. We've tried to share their stuff as much as we can and get the word out for people to sign that signature, because what the people in Hyde Park say time and time again is that they're not against develop they're against how it went about overstepping the boundaries of the community involvement.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, again props to Todzen's are for posting the graphics on that monstrosity that they're planning. When you look at a relative to the existing Hyde Park Square, it just it looks terrible. And you know, the residents of Hyde Park they like what they've got. Again, they're all in favor of some kind of development, but development's consistent with the square itself. It's a very unique space, and I think it's one of the reasons that people in Hyde Park are so proud of where they live.
Speaker 12: Well, I think what this is turning into, and I would say this initially as well, is that if anybody is questioning why am I needing to vote on something with.
Speaker 8: Hyde Park, I'm not in Hyde Park. I don't really care about that at all.
Speaker 12: This is a city wide issue, because this is a statement to the city officials that council seven to two voted against an entire community's opposition against the development, and that was supported by the current mayor himself as well. So this is a statement that, hey, if we elect you in an office and you fail to listen to our voices, then we're going to vote you out of office.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is completely a holy contrary to the concept of representative government.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what I really is what I said in my statement because I was at the town hall. I was at the meeting where the council voted initially on the committee actually voted on initially, and I just stated that a vote castid for you to be in public office is not just a blank check for you to do whatever you want, right, It's a vote and trust that you're going to continuously listen to our voices as you are in office. And that is not what has happened with Mayor Aftab. That is not what has happened with all the council members that voted for this, and you're seeing the repercussions of that through this ballot initiative with the Hyde Parks where well.
Speaker 2: And obviously as a candidate running for mayor, you recognize the opportunity that you have to gather and gain some votes by supporting the residents of Hyde Park in their effort. I mean, if I'm at Hyde Park, frankly, and I'll use the words, I would be really, really pissed off, which I think, as evidenced by the number of signatures they've gathered in a short period of time, I think it's pretty safe to say they probably are.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 12: This is why I tell people is that whenever this issue first came on, you know, because this is my first introduction into politics, and this is, you know, something that we are stepping into because we care deeply for this city. And so I've had certain, you know, advantage points or certain perspectives from being in the West End, and then I've looked at other communities and what's happened with them as well. One of the biggest things I've seen is development or improper use of development, and a lot of that has to do with kind of the hand of the city kind of directing everything toward wherever they wanted to. We see it in College Hill, we see it in Bond Hill. Yeah, So what I tell people is that they just happen to mess with the wrong people that actually have the funds and the recent in the grit to be able to fight this. And so I think that this is going to be a statement that the entire city can stand up against this and we can actually have a voice in this.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we can get some ballot initiatives to get rid of connected communities, which was the original insult to every neighborhood in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: Well that I mean, you know, not to get too deep into it, but that was the thing is that they overstepped their boundaries even with the Connected Communities initiative, and that's what is allowing them to put this on the ballot. Is that there's this book that you know, my mom had grown up that she read. It says, if you give a mouse a cookie, they're going to want a glass of milk. And that's exactly what's happened, is that they already passed the Connected Communities under an emergency initiative so that nobody can question it. But then they actually overstep their boundaries even further and ask for a rezoning a.
Speaker 2: Waiver of connected community zoning requirements.
Speaker 12: To do so, they're wanting more, and so that's when then the community, the actual community, not the connected developer community, but the actual community stood up said no, if you're willing to go past what you already passed by policy, then you're just gonna keep on doing this and you're going to ignore our opinion.
Speaker 2: Amen to that more with Corey Bowman again Coreybowman dot Com help him out seven sixteen fifty five KCD talk station and Peter Spia, Collorwiams seven Hills the only real estate team I would ever contact if I want to buy or sell a home to the best. They are since Ay's number one real estate sales group. Their mission is to give you a five star experience, and everyone gets a five star experience working with Peter Spia, Colorwhims and seven Hills and his team. Instant offer. Don't want to show your home, ask for an instant offer than forty eight hours of them seeing your home. You'll have an offer to buy your home. You don't have to stage it, or paint it, or sell it or change anything. You don't have to get out of the house with the dogs while they're being your house is being shown. I love that program. Love it or leave it. If they're you a buyer's agent, they find a house for you, you buy it and you find out, Nope, this is not what I expected. They'll sell it for you for free within the first year. Help you use cash to make a cash offer on the home you want to buy it. It'll help improve your ef to buying the house. And then, of course that wonderful Patriot program as we as we salute the veterans who gave their ultimate sacrifice and Memorial Day approaching, this is a program developed by veterans to help patriots buy and sell their homes. The bottom line, ten percent of the commission is given back to you as a rebated closing. If you're a veteran member of the VA Police fire, ems they got your back, said Peter Shabria Kellowilliams seven Hills Online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Call them up, of course. It's five p one three seven zero eight three.
Speaker 3: Thousand, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here's your Channel nine first forty one to forecasts mostly cloudy, turning the partly Claudie at some point sixty three for the high today down to forty six overnight with partly cloudy skies again partly clotted to marble with the high sixty eight, few clouds overnight forty nine for the low Saturday, and on Sunday partly cloudy day again with a slight chance of rain. High sixty eight, forty six degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 13: Pro Tramphic Center from pregnancy in menopause to healthy Aging the Women's Health Experience and you see help offer personalized care with the newest treatments learn more, and you see health dot Com forward slash women Highway traffic not all that couple of heavy spots not helping North Bend seventy five between Buttermilk and Kyle's had a couple of extra minutes there and North Bend seventy five heavy again after you got passed Mitchell, though, that's starting to improve. Approaching the lateral Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: If you've got CARCD talk station, A very Happy Friday tea three day weekend Cory Bowman and studio and apparently Westside Jim Keefer was upset that he hasn't heard his name yet, So there you go. You just heard it. Beyond that, Corey, I mentioned Hyde Park as an opportunity because of what the city Council and the mayor did to them, and obviously that the petition to drive the signatures have been gathered, obviously a groundswell of energy directed toward their displeasure with the city Council and its actions related to zoning.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 2: I pointed that and said that seems to be an opportunity for you because you are a refreshing alternative to this dictatorial nature that the city council currently has, as illustrated by the zoning change. But you mentioned being over in High Park for a meeting, and you know, well, we like what you say, we like what you are standing for, but we hate your brother.
Speaker 4: Jd.
Speaker 2: Vance happens to be your brother, half brother. I find that to be a preposterous thing. If you have been mistreated by the politicians you elected, if they have not followed your will, if they have not represented your interests as clearly articulated ahead of that vote. They knew damn well where the citizens of Hyde Park were on that zoning, yet they ignored them. Then why not go a different direction? I met state the obvious here, You're not jd Vance.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 12: What I tell people is that when we got into this race, you know, the story that has gone around is that I was inspired by the inauguration and that I came back and then we pulled petitions to run for mayor. The ultimate reason why we are running is because we love this city and we have had a front row seat to the policies that have failed the communities in this city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you live in the West End and you've seen it happen in your neighborhood.
Speaker 12: We've seen in the West End, We've seen it in College Hill, We've seen it on the East Side, on the West Side, every aspect of the city. You're seeing failed policies. And so when I see that and I see that, hey, if nobody else will step into it, then I will because and I'm going to do everything I can over this year to convince people that I'm the right candidate, because I truly believe I am. But when we're running this campaign, we're not here to copy and paste national politics. We are here to run for this city. There are things that are going on with our infantry structure, with our crime, with certain policies with the developments like what we're talking about with Hyde Park. And I believe that people have a choice. They deserve a choice for somebody that's going to stand up for them. And that's what we're running on.
Speaker 2: Well, and how many years in a row, and we could probably go back decades. We keep hearing about these quote unquote underserved communities, neglected communities. We need a program d da da da da dah. And if you're out in one of these underserved communities, or you perceive your personal your neighborhood, your area of the city of Cincinnati as being underserved or overlooked or neglected, why would you continue to do the same thing over and over again. You know, it's like the definition of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Go a different path. You know, you're not going to be eternally damned by voting for a Republican who is interested in helping out your neighborhood.
Speaker 12: Well, this is what our run to November is about. I'm not entitled to anybody's vote, and then if somebody would cast a vote for me, I'm extremely grateful for that. First off, I want to say thank you to everybody that did vote for us in the primary, because that was them make a statement that they wanted us to run in this office. And I'm extremely grateful for that. But just being on the opposite side of it, or being the next person on the ballot doesn't necessarily guarantee you a vote. So what I'm telling people is that from now until November, we are running as hard as we can to convince people that we are educated on these policies, we are educated on the legislative process of it, and we are going to be the best candidate to vote for in November.
Speaker 2: One more Corey bum will take a quick break care and allow me an opportunity to mention the great folks at Bud Herbert Motors. They're wonderful people. They're very proud of what they have in the business, which is the fifth generation family and an operated company that's selling the finest law equipment out there, from the really big stuff to the Honda push mower I got from them, Howard push mower, mom. But it's a wonderful, wonderful piece of equipment. And they just service that. They service everything they sell. They'll deliver to your door exactly what they did for me, and of course they know everything there is to know about the products they sell. Only the finest world class brands in lawn equipment, John dear X, Mark Steele, Han a power equipment to name a few. You can learn all about it online at Budheerbertmotors dot com. When you call them, you will be dealing with a Herbert family member and that's where that great customer service is assured. Budherbertmotors dot com. Tell them, Brian said, how can you call? It's five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four one thirty two ninety one fifty.
Speaker 3: Five KRC Beds are US twent Dreamson damn.
Speaker 8: Best are right now.
Speaker 14: Get fifteen hundred dollars off a shower it's have replacement, or three thousand dollars off a phone battery model plus loans and no modey payments. Call five one three six seven six baths to schedule your free estimate, or go to bethsr us dot com.
Speaker 3: Five one, three six seven six bath.
Speaker 12: Bets are US twentremsonc dam BESTR.
Speaker 2: A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Linder Center of Hope Linders Center of Hope dot org. This is Brian Thomas with doctor Alicia Clipson. Doctor Clipson's a psychologist at the Linder Center of Hope. For more information, go to Linders Center of Hope dot org or call five one three five three six hope. So how does this DBTC specifically support highly sensitive children and helping them manage their emotional issues on a day to day basis.
Speaker 11: The environment can become invalidating because parents are frustrated and they might say more things like oh, just stop what you're doing or why do you have to be this way? Because they're frustrated, And so we spent a lot of time working with parents to make the environment change ready. And so a lot of times parents will assume that they can bring their kiddos to therapy and that I can just put my magic dust on them. But sometimes parents are surprised to learn that this approach is really about helping the parent parents sustain the environment to be a place where kiddos are able to change.
Speaker 2: For more information, go to Lindner Center of Hope dot org or call five one three five three six Hope.
Speaker 3: Here's what's trending now on stables.
Speaker 2: UH time you're channel nine first one and one to forecast Today, it's going to be sunny and then it'll turn partly cloudy. Today's high sixty three down to forty six at night with partly cloudy sky. Partly cloudy again to borrow and I have sixty eight, a few clouds overnight Saturday with a little forty nine and comes Sunday partly cloudy skys with just a slight chance of rated I have sixty eight, forty six degrees. Right now, it is time for Chuck Ingram. Traffic update from the UC.
Speaker 13: Help Tramsion Center. From pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging. The women's health experts say you see help offer personalized care with the newest treatments. Learn morid you see health dot com. Forward slash Women northbound seventy five continues to be the lone slow spot on the highways that's between Buttermilk and Kyle's for a couple of extra minutes. Southbound seventy five doing fine through Backlin a report of an accident on seward for those sims. Chuck ingraman fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven point thirty on a Friday and a happy one to you, Brian Thomas, you with Corey Bowman and studio online Coreybowman dot com, hoping to be the next mayor of the City of Cincinnati. We've got a chance for change, an opportunity to turn things around in the city, and opportunity for folks out in those neglected communities to maybe have a voice and maybe get some things changed in their neighborhoods. And I know one of the things that it has been an inherited thing. Current city council has inherited a problem that has been building over years and years, the state of infrastructure in the city of Cincinnati. I know they're touting they got one thousand things done. It was an article and I believe was the enquire Today. Is in my stack of local stories. But I'm sorry, if you drive around the city, it just does not seem to be that way. Your your comments on that you have some plans in terms of infrastructure and locating the railroad money that's coming in now, Well.
Speaker 12: What you said at the beginning of the statement was that they say that we inherited a bad infrastructure. But who do you think you inherit it from? Ah comment, Yeah, exactly, Who's been in power for the last over fifty years, and these are policies that, like you said, have snowballed and that have just basically compounded where now you see the results of that in our roads, in our infrastructure, and honestly, a big thing on my heart is that we don't have the capacity to take on these events that Cincinnatians want to have, whether it be with sporting events or concerts or festivals or conferences, and we don't have the capacity to be able to take it on because we've just neglected our infrastructure for so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's it's a valid point. You got to have the give me well and I can go back to that whole broken windows concept. You know, it's a well documented reality that if you if you just clean the place up, you create a perception of a welcome environment and that invites people to be interested in any given neighborhood within the city. And if your infrastructure is crumbling, or you've got problems with your sewage or you I mean, we could go on and on about the different areas that have been neglected, but you're not going to get that investment you're logging for.
Speaker 12: Well, we had to debate and the one of the questions they asked us, or one of the questions that were a hot topic when we first started the campaign as well as well, what do you think about, you know, putting whether it be a subway system in our empty tunnels under the street. And what I'm telling people is, how in the world do you expect us to manage a subway underneath the roads when we can't even manage the roads.
Speaker 8: That are above the surface. We have to start with the foundation.
Speaker 12: Yes, we deserve as a city to dream about projects in the future that are going to benefit our city, that are going to grow our city and help our city, but the foundation that we're building on is not sustainable. We have to be able to be able to manage our roads properly, fill the potholes, just think common sense. That's what we have to do. And when you see the things like the speed bumps that are going along on all the roads in our city, these are band aids to really root issues of things that we're not addressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't get don't mention this speed humps because just Trekker is going to have an aneurysm. And there the Colraine Avenue speed bumps have really got him down. But yeah, I suppose the speed bumps are a consequence of a broader societal problem where people just can't pay attention to the damn speed limit and go sail them through a twenty five mile an hour for zones the zones are like fifty plus mile in an hour.
Speaker 8: Also, lack of patrolling.
Speaker 12: They're not putting the priorities on the patrolling and they're not giving the officers the tools to be able to manage these streets properly well.
Speaker 2: And speaking of police, obviously, we have had a difficult time recruiting. We're short on numbers and a lot of additional overtime hours. My understanding is morale is down in the police department. Thoughts and comments on the status of law enforcement in the city.
Speaker 12: I would say that if you treat if you treat an officer, or if you treat the police department as a whole, as just the bad guy, or this is the last effort, or this is the last option when we address issues in the city, They're always going to be seen as the bad guys. They're always going to be seen as that, and the morale is going to be low. We need to enforce better community involvement, and that starts from the top. That starts from the policies that we put in place, whether it be with non pursuit laws or things that are tying the hands of these officers. We're not allowing them to do their jobs. You know, in our coffee shop, we have a lot of officers that come in in the area where one of the only businesses in the area. So they stop in to whether we go the restroom, whatever, and we have a lot of conversations. And what I hear from these Cincinnati Police Department officers is that they have such a heart for this city. They want to protect and serve, They want to be involved in the community. They want to be seen as the help for the city, not as just the bad guys. And I think that that is what is being portrayed from the top down.
Speaker 2: Well simply, and I would say the silence from council members and the mayor about the police department and support of the police department, their silence is deafening. They say nothing. Now it's one thing go out and talk about defunding the police or saying that the police are inherently racist or evil. As an institution and we need but it's another thing to go out and actually support them and say out loud, communities, you need to work with police. We know you appreciate law enforcement in your neighborhood, and they're good people. They want to help you. That's why they signed up for the job. They love the neighborhood, they love the community, they love the city of Cincinnati. Who else would sign up for a job like that if you really didn't want to protect and serve.
Speaker 1: And serve is a.
Speaker 2: Really operative word in there. Yeah, So be positive, speak out loud in support of the police, and I think that would go a long way to maybe get more people within these various communities to work cooperatively with law enforcement for the betterment of their community.
Speaker 12: Well also from a policy standpoint too, I mean, one of the biggest things is going to be the call center center. And the way that it's run right now is that the emergency call center is that basically, whenever they get calls, it's up to them. It's run by the city, and it's up to them whether they want to dispatch, whether it be CPD or three.
Speaker 8: One one or ARC.
Speaker 12: And I'm telling you that these policies and these measures that are happening in the call center right now. That's demoralizing to the police officers as well, because in a lot of situations where a police officer should actually be sent in because not only is it a chance to protect and serve, but it's a chance to be a part of the community, they're not sent in there. Only an ARC or three to one one is sent in there, and that reduces the morale of the officers as.
Speaker 2: Well well, and it also eats up resources that should be going to this insane police department. Absolutely, yeah, I get rid of both of those things. Are three one one? Anyhow, they came as a consequence of the whole defund the police environment too. Yes, that's where those came from. So basically political operatives going out there and responding to nine to one one calls, which I think is wrong. Corey Bowman dot com where you find Corey. Help him out, donate to his campaign, get a yard sign, help him out, maybe do some door knocking for Corey. As we get closer to November, Corey, we'll talk again, hope soon and in three weeks your little bundle of joy coming your way. I wish you and your wife. All the best and the hell the happiest and healthiest baby you can get is on the way, of course, Thank you Brian. Everybody have a great Memorial weekend. Amen Brother seven thirty seven. If you have cares to the talk station, your home deserves the best care. And you know who knows that chimney care, fireplace and stove and around since nineteen eighty eight taking care of all types of things related to chimneys and fireplaces. Free standing stoves would waste, pellet stoves. They got it all Showroom four thirteen wards Corner Robe. But right now, take advantage of the spring events going on. First the Spring Special a free like how he emphasize that word exterior evaluation. What they're looking for is problems that might lead to water damage or maybe stop the water damage that's going on right now. Do you know what's going on up there? So book your appointment. They'll come out for free and check it all out, make sure you're in good shape and if not, they have the true the skills to handle anything related to chimneys and fireplaces. And there is also the Spring Special Wood burning Sweep and Evaluation for just one sixty nine ninety nine one hundred and sixty nine dollars ninety nine cents. They'll do a thorough evaluation video camera as well as a certified chimney sweep of your chimney so you're safe. That's an operative point there as well. Be safe. Get your chimney checked out two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a better business bureer. You can check them out online, learn more about what they do as well as what the showroom has in stock, and get the appointment online.
Speaker 3: Chimneycarec dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health. Where we've success.
Speaker 10: Here it is.
Speaker 2: You're a Channel nine first onenty one to morecast, not bad. You got a sunny day for the most part, it'll turn partly cloudy. Uh well, today's high sixty three overnight little forty six with partly cloudy sky. Partly cloudy tomorrow as well, with a high sixty eight. Got a few clouds over Saturday night, down forty nine. Come Sunday, partly cloudy, a slight chance of rain in a highest sixty eight. It's forty six six degrees right now time for a traffic up.
Speaker 13: From the UC Health Tramphing Center from Pregnancy in Menopause to Healthy eighteen the Women's Health Experiency. You see health off our Personal Lives Care with the newest treatments Monmrid you see hewth dot com Forward slash Women North Bend seventy five continues to run an extra three to four minutes out of Erlanger into downtown South Bend. Seventy five slows just event pasts the Reagan Highway han in South Bend two seventy five, A bit heavyer approaching to Carol Cropper from the Lawrence purg Ramp. Chuck Ingram Moon fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's seven forty one, coming up to forty two fifty five krc DE talk station. It's Memorial Day weekend and joining the fifty five Cassee Morning Show. And thank you for your service to our country. Jim Stid from the CINCINNTI war Bird's good to have you on this morning, Gym, and Happy Friday to you sir.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian, appreciate you having us on. Happy to a great way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 2: It is and let's start with the Memorial Day dance, and her wife's going to probably want to go to this. She's always wanted to go dancing at the Moonlight Pavilion with me, but her husband me doesn't dance anyway. Sounds like a great event. Let my listeners know all about it, Jim, Well.
Speaker 4: It's great, I mean, like your audience. Since an Warbirds members have always felt that Memorial Days should be more than picnics and holiday sales. So twenty five years ago we started sponsoring this USO style show to honor veterans. Features the time Docert the orchestra who recreates Glenn Miller's Army Air Force Band, addressing period uniforms, and perform a USO show entitled Swing Canteen just from the forties. It's absolutely phenomenal. Begins with a color guard and national anthem. They have such a following. They attract a lot of local swing dance groups like Brian Sykes and the Voodoo Swing Dancers, who will be doing some great swing dance demonstrations. So even though you may not be dancing with your wife, you can watch some great swing dancing demonstrations.
Speaker 2: Serious people watching event.
Speaker 11: That is what that is.
Speaker 4: It is it is. And then during the first intermission, we have a very moving ceremony that pay tributes to our fallen heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice defending our freedom. Plus we on our several local veterans that were nominated by their peers for special recognition and be commemorating the end of the Vietnam War fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: That's great. A lot of period dress. You mentioned the Tom's Swing Canteen Band, and they're all in period dress. But these local swing groups they all dress in period dress as well, don't they.
Speaker 4: Well, absolutely, And we have some door prizes for the best period dress and authentic uniform. Plus you can win. You can have a chance to win a ride and a very famous historic military aircraft called That's All Brother, which is the actual C forty seven that led all eight hundred others over normality on D Day. Oh my god, we'll be hosting Yeah, we'll be hosting That's All Brother Lumkin Airport in two weeks along with thee hundred and first Airborne.
Speaker 2: Oh what a cool opportunity. So I absolutely very important Also to mention I see there's going to be a cash bar and refreshments. There as well.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely cash bar and hot food provided by Emmy m I, who have been absolutely fantastic hosts. A lot of people don't realize that even though Cony's rides and pool are gone, they still do events on site, including our event and of course summer affair that will be coming up. Moonlight Pavilion was actually Moonlight Gardens was the de facto standards for swing dances back in the day. As a matter of fact, we're going to have a couple there celebrating the anniversary of their first date May twenty fifth, nineteen fifty six, almost seventy years ago. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was really disappointed with the development that moved in and subsided for Old Coney, but happy to see that the pavilion is still there because I was under the impression that were going to tear that thing down.
Speaker 4: Now the new venue is going to be over at Riverbend rebuilding that, but so far there's no plans to do anything to the pavilion or the gardens. They're going to retain those.
Speaker 2: Great. That's good news. And of course the event taking place tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And what time does it start, Jim, It's May twenty fourth, starting to May twenty fourth, six pm to ten pm.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tomar sixth, they May twenty fourth, and they get people can get tickets to the link on my blog page. I know Joe updated it to include but at Cincinnati Warbirds dot orgs to get tickets Cincinntiwarbirds dot org low low price of twenty bucks in advance, twenty five bucks at the door. Lots of entertainment for that low price, pivoting over the how A, let's talk about the D Day commemoration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be in two weeks, which of course is the eighty first anniversary of D Day. June sixth, seventh, and eight will be hosting that's all brother to see forty seven Lead aircraft and several others that will be offering rides and on static display all weekend long.
Speaker 2: That's a great one.
Speaker 4: I have members of the Yeah, members of the hundred first Airborne there to recognize that on Saturday at.
Speaker 2: Noon, Saturday at noon, it's June sixth through eight at Lunkin Airport against Cincinntwarbirds dot org to purchase rides and so people can get rides on these planes if they want to sign up for it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely, and it is a very moving experience. You know, a lot of people don't realize you can. You can see videos, you can look at photographs and so forth, but it's such a visceral experience to actually be in the aircraft, to see it, touch it, smell it, hear it. It's a totally different experience.
Speaker 2: And from what I understand, Like I'm looking at the picture of the C forty seven, that's all brother that you mentioned. It's kind of loud in there, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a little noisy noisy. One of the interesting things though, is they have the names of the actual one hundred first Airborne folks that's set in those seats on D Day. Oh cool, you get to sit in the same seat that one of our fallen heroes sat in on that day.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just that's really cool. Well, anyway, I know you're gonna get a lot of people showed up to that one, so get all the information if if you've have KC dot com or just had direct lived to sins An Warbirds dot org. I appreciate what you and the Cincinni Warburgs do and you know you look after these aircraft as part of your mission.
Speaker 4: Correct Oh absolutely. I mean, these are essentially flying museums, and you know, our mission is promote the reservation of the historic aircraft as well as on our veterans, kind of educate the public about the price of feedom and inspire younger generations to continue that legacy.
Speaker 2: As if we don't do it, no one will. Amen, brother, I love hearing that. And do you have like mechanics who specialize in these old aircraft, because that's probably a trade that's going the way of the dodo.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and that is that's one of the challenges of keeping these flying. But that's that's essentially why we have these events, because the money that's raised keeps these flying museums maintained and so forth. Everybody is a volunteer. Nobody gets paid. It's just a very passionate thing. It's something we do because we love it and we believe in it.
Speaker 2: I imagine, and since you did mention everybody's a volunteer, I presume that you would welcome additional volunteers to help with your mission.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, absolutely. Again, since any Warburg's dot org, if you're interested in joining and helping out with.
Speaker 2: The mission, fantastic. I hope some of my listeners go down that road. It's inspiring, no question about it. Jim on behalf of all my listening audience and to all the since Warbricks. Thanks for the mission that you're on, the mission that you do, and for hosting these wonderful events an opportunity for folks to get together in well fellowship and celebration and also to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for the service of their country as we fast approach Memorial Day. Jim, it's been a great having you on the program and keep up the great work.
Speaker 4: Thanks Brian, appreciate you opportunity.
Speaker 2: My pleasure sir anytime, and thanks again for your service and continued service to our country. It's seven forty nine right now, fifty five k CD talk station. I was just there earlier in the week, Affordable Imaging Services. That's where I got MYMRI. Everything great. Was glad to hear that. And you know the cool thing about it, they get you right in and unlike the hospitals, and my doctor even told me, he goes man, they're really backed up at the hospital. I said, well, I don't want to go to the hospital for my MRI. I want to go to affordable imaging services. He goes, yeah, I know you advertised for me, so I'll call them up. Scheduled it on a Monday. I was there at noon on a Tuesday. I got my MRI. He had the radiologist report by nine am on a Wednesday. They guarantee forty eight hour turnaround on that at board certified imaging report, but got it in less than twenty four hours. That's affordable imaging services. So I'm not waiting around to get my image like I would at the hospital, where I would actually pay a heapload of money more than MRI. I got a contrast, so it was about six forty I think, but regular MRI without a contrast is only four ninety five thousands of dollars. At the hospital. Echo cardiogram, it's your heart. You want to get right in. Your doctor ordered it, like, oh wow, I don't want to wait around three weeks to a month thirty five hundred dollars. No, I don't want to pay that Affordable imaging services five hundred dollars for an echo cardiogram without an enhancement. Only eight hundred with same thing goes for CT scans. I've gotten multiple there at affordable imaging ultrasounds as well save heaploads of money. Same equipment hospitals use in decades of service. The folks that operate the machine, the machines have under their belt, so and never a problem, never once has any turning clowns. Partly Finalswounds dot Com partly around right now three.
Speaker 13: Fifty five center from practice menopause to healthy aging the women's health experts so you see health offer personal wized care with the newest treatments.
Speaker 1: Learn more.
Speaker 13: Had you see health dot com Forward slash women southbound seventy five continues to build a bit coming out of Lachland. Add a couple of extra minutes there. Northbound seventy five. There's break lights just before buttermilk towards Kyle's for an extra three to four minutes.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on.
Speaker 8: Fifty five k R see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty four. It is time to catch ourself as a crime stopper, bad guy of the week. Joining the fifty five thirty Morning Show and God bless the since a police department officer, Tiviny Green, Welcome to the morning show and who are you looking for this week?
Speaker 15: Tivinty, Good morning, We're looking for Paul Ambrose. He has wanted for domestic violence. Paul Ambrose is a male, white forty six years old, five seven and one hundred and thirty pounds. Paul Ambrose has a history of domestic violence, assault and thefts. Paul Ambrose whereabelts are unknown, Brian. If anyone has information on where police can find Paul Ambrose, please call crime Stoppers at five one three three five to two thirty forty or submitted tip online at crime dad stoppers dot us. You can also go to P three tips dot com to submit your anonymous tips.
Speaker 2: Well, my listeners know how much I despise guys who beat up on their women. He's got an inferiority complex. We need to find him, get him off the streets. You remain anonymous, you'd be able for a cash reward if your tip leaves an arrest. Let's go, let's find this guy. Three five two thirty forty. Tiffany Green, have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, and thanks for doing what you do each and every day, and again, God bless U. Since they please department, it's seven fifty five coming up with some fifty six. We got some German celebrations to talk about hair. Don Heinrich Toltzman, our resident German expert. We'll get him out of his room here and around the corner. We'll talk about the German Day celebration and the German festival season that lies ahead of us. Also, als fundraiser is coming up. It's Richard Dickman at eight thirty to talk about that. Plus John Zenzer with the Save Hyde Park Square campaign. We'll hear from John at eight forty five. I hope you can stick around for the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 11: At the top of the hour, every day we discover something new and important.
Speaker 9: The day's top stories on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: This reboard is spumping news.
Speaker 4: That's the hold Trump doeses negotiate every day and he's an extremely small businessman.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six if at about krsee talks Nation.
Speaker 9: Must be something.
Speaker 2: German going on. Got our German bumper music. Thank you to Joe Strecker for that. And welcome back to the fifty five KRSE Morning show. Don Heinrich Toltzman will come and my friend, it's good to have you back on the.
Speaker 16: Showunk God and Morgan Guten Morgan looks like a beautiful day, beautiful weekend, and we have some great, good, beautiful news for you. This coming week starts the German festival season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 16: I know you patronize, would love to see you at our various German events. And I think you even have a pair.
Speaker 2: Of later I do, I absolutely do, yeah the thing.
Speaker 16: Get those out and be sure to bring your your thirst and hunger along to our events.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that was I have to give a thanks going back many years, the Colping Society got me the later Hosen so brilliant. I'm pleased to own them only a few occasions during the year when I can actually wear them because as a fashion statement, just walking around an any random day with leaders on, I think that it looks weird, but hey they are. They're pretty cool. When you got all the German folks around similarly drafts, you're in good company of course, hoisting beers and drink, eating the wonderful of food and the sausages and oh my god, my mouth is water and just thinking about it.
Speaker 16: Well, later Hosen lasts forever, they do. And you know, in our area too, we figure that half the population has German ancestry, So the largest ethnic ancestry group in the area. Second to us are the Irish and of course many other people here. We celebrate our heritage and we have this coming week a big event. It's the one hundred and thirtieth German Day celebration, and we have one of the oldest such celebrations in the nation. And the German American Citizens League is a sponsoring organization, was founded in eighteen ninety five and it's the umbrella organization of all the societies in the Tri State. People might not realize it, but we have more than forty of them. You mentioned the Colpin that's one of the member societies. There's the Donald Schwaubman, the Germania, the Hendelmeyer Mustard Club. Yes, we do have a German mustard club.
Speaker 2: I didn't know about that one.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's great.
Speaker 16: They meet at Viteman's group ub once a month and enjoy some good Bavarian mustard. We also have since Deutsch So many people don't realize that there are so many German societies, and we have more in our area than in any other city. And that means more than the Saint Louis, more than a Milwaukee and the German Embassy even said that we were the German Heritage center in the US, so we are proud that we maintain our German heritage. Yeah, and for the one hundred and thirtieth German Day, we have a three day, three events, three different days.
Speaker 9: One day is not enough.
Speaker 2: You're celebrating the German Day singular because with events that take place every three days. I got a kick out of that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I guess we should. Well, you can say German Day is, but we call it that. We celebrate you like you said, it's not one day is not enough.
Speaker 1: No, we do well.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: I know real quick. Here. The one thing I always thought was really really cool, in spite of the fact you have all these different i'll say factions of German clubs out there, you all get along and play together really nicely. You're supportive of each other. Like if Coping has their their Octoberfest, all the German clubs show up and participate in the events. There's a parade, they all have their own banners. And it's just a really cool thing that that that the German societies and clubs do well.
Speaker 16: It's all mutual support of each other and it reflects the German immigration in different parts of Germany, from the south, from Bavaria to the north, all these different parts and now each has their own customs and traditions that we like to stress. Now we get going. On Wednesday, the twenty eighth, we have a keg tapping at the Hofbro House in Newport, so that'll be a lot of fun, good food and drink there. And then on Saturday, the thirty first of May at ten thirty we have our German Day kickoff at Finland Market. They have a very nice beer garden there on Elm Street and we like to meet in Finland Market because that's where the roots of many of our groups go back to. And we'll have the Hedono Schwaben dancers will be there. We will have a parade of all the different societies that you were mentioning. Yeah, and we have our good German band, the Well the Fairs fair Eines Muzikompton consists of musicians from the different Germans siyes and even promised this year they're going to play some of the hit songs from eighteen ninety five, which.
Speaker 2: Is going to be great.
Speaker 16: And then on Sunday, the first of June, from eleven am to eight pm. We have the German Day Celebration at the Hofbriy House and we will have the Colping zanger Kore, the German choir from Colping. We'll have some Bavarian dancers there and of course a German band, and we have all kinds of raffle prizes that will be available. And the grand prize is a dinner party for thirty at the Holfbrie House. And some people said, well, I don't know if we I have thirty friends, but when they when they turned out to be a winner, they have more than thirty friends.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, don because that's exactly what I was thinking. I mean, it would take me a month to come up with thirty people to get to an event or and it's like, wait a, I don't have that many friends. But it's free food, it's dinner. It's a hofbrow house. The food's going to be great. There's gonna be beer flowing, and I know it excludes your alcoholic beverages, as these things I typically do, I think by law, but you'll still be able to buy some beer when you're.
Speaker 4: There, exactly.
Speaker 16: And then I should say too, our celebration too. It supports as a fundraiser for our German Heritage Museum. We started at twenty five years ago and it's located in the West four Park on the west side of town, and we felt that there was nothing like it. There is actually nothing like it in our midwestern area of a German heritage museum. And it's in a beautiful park where we have playground for children. There's a pavilion there and it's in a nineteenth century log house and we have many interesting artifacts there. We have immigrant trunks, we have wooden shoes that immigrants from northern Germany war. We have tools and cooking utensils, we have passports, some of them go back well to the early eighteen hundreds, and we have a lot of pictures. We even have some people might be interested in this. We have a painting of Kaiser Wilhelm with his signature oh wow. So it's quite where a rare item. We also have genealogical books and sources there, and so it's a very unique thing. The German Heritage Museum as open Sundays from one to five or one to four, i should say, and it's just a great place to come out learn more about the German heritage, because we're all for good Munglish kite and festivities, but we also want to stress learning more about the cultural history and the German immigration and the different groups we have here, which we've been talking about, because they all have their different customs and tradition coming from different parts of the country. And we'd like to see you there in your later hosen if you could make it, maybe to the Hofbrils or to Findlay Market. Would love to see you there and everybody to come there and learn more about the German heritage and have a good time.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, profound connection between the Germans and the Greater Sincid area. As you point out now in regard to the German Heritage Museum, you mentioned a number of artifacts and historic things you have there. I'm kind of curious how you collected those over the years and if they're members in the if there's members of the listening audience who might have some historic items that are German connected, if they want someplace. Do you accept donations of things with historic connection to Germany.
Speaker 16: Well, we do connect items or collect items that relate to the German heritage of our area. In other words, we do not collections are just because they're from Germany or related to Germany. They have to connect to our area and to the German people who settled here, and so yes, we can be contacted about donations. We do have a Facebook site for the German Heritage Museum and people have donated many valuable things. I mentioned these immigrant trunks that we have from the nineteenth century and some from the early twentieth century, the wooden shoes, we even have a spinning wheel was brought here, and we had tools that were made by craftsmen because in the old country you studied a craft or trade by the apprentice ship system, and then you had to produce a tool.
Speaker 1: That showed that you were.
Speaker 16: A master of that trade and becoming All these people who had these trades, they brought them here to this country and they helped build buildings and build our community here because of these crafts and trades and don't have any The passports are interesting too, because in the nineteenth century they didn't have a picture. They would have have a detailed description of what a person looked like. They tell if you were thick or a finn, if you had a pointed nose with the color of your hair and with your ears, like the passports are really quite descriptive or if you you know, whatever you look like in general. But yes, we do like to collect some things, and some of them items they came from the old German societies that had holes in the over the Rhine district and we collected their items. We have some very large pictures of members of German societies going back to the early nineteen hundreds, and in some cases we have collected the names of the people in a picture. For example, the Bavarian Beneficial Society that was founded in eighteen seventy five, we've got a picture, must have all about fifty sixty of the members, and we have the names of these people. And some people actually they've come to the museum and they said, here's a picture of our grandfather or our grandmother and we've never seen this picture. Oh wow, it's really really something that when they find that information. So we have again all the German Day celebration. It's a fund raiser supports our museum, and we're very proud that we have. Just think of that one hundred and thirty years that our organization has been founded. And we had some hard times in the past, especially prohibition. Can you imagine having a German festival without beer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Well, thankfully we woke up and got a clue about the stupidity of prohibition. So celebrate with the Germans even if you're not German. That's the other thing I always like to point out. You are welcoming to all people, so you can be a German on a German Heritage Day and checks and celebrate things German and the German Heritage Museum. You know, Toultzman, I always appreciate the work that you're doing on behalf of the German history and the German community generally and all these different societies. You always have a welcome spot here in the fifty five KRSE Morning Show and for my listeners. All the details for these events that Harr Toltzman talked about are on my blog page at fifty five KRC dot com. Uh Feeling donk Harro Don Don Henriy Toltzman. It's always a pleasure to.
Speaker 4: Have you on.
Speaker 16: Thank you so much, Brian. I keep up the great work with.
Speaker 1: Ever your show.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother. I truly appreciate that it's eight nineteen right now, fifty five kr see the talk station. We're gonna talk about the ALS fundraiser coming up. Richard Dickman's going to join the program at the bottom of the hour, and we're gonna hear from John Zinzer at eight forty five about save Hyde Park Square signature campaign. Looks like they've got enough. We'll get that. Details on that coming up. I hope you can stick around fifty five car the talks date eight twenty four at fifty five kr C, the talk station, Happy Friday, A.
Speaker 9: Rent loses Team.
Speaker 1: Wonderfu World.
Speaker 2: It is, of course, the uh gigantic, big beautiful bill got passed in spite of the fact Congress and Thomas Massey and Warren Davidson both voted no. Now Donald Trump wants them primaried. Yeah, good luck with that. I just couldn't believe this step the Press secretary statement, what's the alternative? I would like to ask those members of Congress, meaning Massy and Davidson, did they want to see a tax hike? No they didn't. Did they want to see our country go bankrupt? That's the alternative by them? Try to vote no?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Wait a second, is lovet go bankrupt? That's the reason they voted no. It increases the debts significantly over the next ten years. It takes what we got now and adds a lot more to it. That's the point of their objections to it. So yeah, go ahead, try to primary them. And I have confidence in the voters out in the Commonwealth as well as the local voters here, that they'll keep Commerson Davidson and Congressman Massey in their spots. At least they're saying the hard part out loud and drawing everybody's attention to it. Although one little thing that's in there for my firearms owning friends, it does contain the Constitutional Hearing Protection Act, which eliminates both the federal registration requirement and the two hundred dollars tax on firearms suppressors. So you got to search for the good bits that are in that. And there are some like keeping the tax cuts in place, but they didn't cut enough out of government spending. I agree with Congressman Davidson and Congressman Massey a twenty five Right now, stick aroun we're gonna learn about als fundraiser, then we're gonna hear about and the status of the Save Hyde Park Square campaign. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Ty For the weather, Janna and I have first one of wether forecast tells us today is going to be mostly sunny, turning the partly clotti sixty three for the high to be dry driver night, partly cloudy skies in lower forty six, pleasant day tomorrow the highest sixty eight, partly clotty skies. Got a couple of clouds overnight Saturday forty nine for the low and then maybe a slight chance to rain on Sunday. Otherwise partly clouding in the high sixty.
Speaker 13: Eight fifty degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update from the UC Health Traffic Center. From pregnancy and menopause to healthy aging. The women's health experts that you see Health offer person of ized care with the newest treatments. Learn more and you see health dot com Forward slash women northbound seventy five getting better pass butter minimal delays into Town now but getting heavier out of Saint Bernard to an accident at Town Street northbound two seventy five crews are working with an accident on the left shoulder near Eastgate. Chuck Ingram fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: A thirty here I fifty abou krc DE talk Station, A very happy Friday to you. This is one of those times Jess Jrecker and I were talking about this off the air when I wish the guest was in studio. Because I'm happy to welcome on the phone Richard Dickman. He's the owner of and you'll know why the second here why I want him in studio. Smoke Justice. You want some awesome Q you want some awesome barbecue. Smoke Justice is the place to get it. Richard Dickman, Welcome to the morning show. It's good to hear from you. Hey, thanks to having me, Brian, happy to and thanks for what you do every day because I know folks love Smoke Justice barbecue. And you're also a proud sponsor of the ALS event that's coming up. It's called second annual Q four Care Que for Care fundraiser. Let's hear about this and first time me ask how did you get involved with the eight with ALS aka Louke Gerrigg's disease.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, it's just unfortunate circumstances. I had a good friend in two thousand and five who passed from ALS, my aunt Connie in twenty seventeen. A good friend that was in my wedding, John Ricado, is battling it right now. And recently we've got a really good customer, Joe Linelli, who is recently diagnosed. So it's you know, those are just examples, but it seems like every time I turn around, I've got someone that I know or someone that's a customer that has a family member or friend that has had this disease.
Speaker 2: Oh my, and UH just feel so terribly for you having being surrounded like that. It sounds like it's similar to cancer. You know, everybody knows somebody that's got cancer, and it's a terrible thing. And my understanding, and Richard, you can correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I is. There's no cure for ALS?
Speaker 1: Is there.
Speaker 10: There is no cure And honestly, the diagnosis comes from counting out every other thing that it could be and the result is that they have ALS. So and not only is there no cure, but they're still trying to figure this thing out.
Speaker 2: So the fundraising that you're doing goes to what benefit is it to do research?
Speaker 4: Is it for.
Speaker 2: Equipment that these folks struggling with als need to explain to my listeners what the purpose of the fundraiser is.
Speaker 10: Well, what I've learned over the last few years and with the committee members I have, is the most important thing that we need to keep in mind for our fundraising is the local patients and the.
Speaker 4: Needs that they have.
Speaker 9: Right now.
Speaker 10: There are a lot of people raising money to find a cure, but in the meantime these patients are they have a lack of things like ramps, patient care, lift, shairs, tools that they can use to make their lives better during this time, but also for the caregivers so that they can help so their family members suffer along with them and trying to help get them through this time.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, it sounds like there's a lot of need out there, but there's a lot of opportunities for my listeners to show up at some of the events you've got schedule. Let's start with Sipping for Lou Happy Hours. That's plural, there are multiples of those. What's the story on that.
Speaker 10: That's correct. You know on Monday will be Memorial Day. The following day, Tuesday, the twenty seventh, we kick off our Sipping per Lou, which is a series of happy hours from forty seven in our Bourbon Lounge, and those days will be fundraising money for three local organizations that help help with items such as the ones that I spoke about on the twenty eighth. On the twenty seventh, we'll kick off with a barrel pick. It's an old forster barrel pick, which we've got one hundred and eighty of them, and we will be selling those and all proceeds go to these the following organizations. On Wednesday always Lifting Spirits, and on Thursday Chair Force one and Friday is Operation Ramp It Up. All three of those organizations make up the triple play that the Red celebrate on June.
Speaker 2: Second, fantastic. And then these sipping events are at your restaurant, Smoke Justice.
Speaker 10: They are, and they're in the Bourbon Lounge and if you've not been there, we've got over five hundred bourbons.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 10: And this is a great way to raise money but also to bring the community together for a great call. Breaking up there, I'm sorry, can you hear me now?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 10: Okay, well my voice is about gone to but yeah, So this is a great opportunity to support those three organizations and what they do for the community of ALS patients.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, supporting ALS organizations is better than just saying, well, it's a day ending, and why give me a bourbon? So smoke justice j U S t I S Smokejusice dot com. Joe had that link of the blog page fifty five Casey dot com. Now tell my listeners about the Q for Care Barbecue street party.
Speaker 10: Okay, so the event that I just spoke about, talk about you know our our brand which is smooth bourbon, and then we also have smoked meat. So on Saturday, Q for a Cure is a big picnic in the street. We've got red and white checkerboard tablecloths out. You'll go online, you'll reserve your time and order your meal. Everyone has to eat, so why not spend the money, get into a good cause. And we have bands all day so it's a festive environment. Raising money last year was amazing. We've had we served over five hundred meals and it had a great time while servicing that community. But that starts at eleven o'clock and it ends at eleven am and it ends at ten pm.
Speaker 2: All fantastic money.
Speaker 10: All that money. One hundred percent of the money for during those happy hours goes go back to the cause, and one hundred percent of these meals on the street go to taking. Actually basically the queue for a care means that we want to help support patient's care so that the loved ones can get away, they grab groceries or whatever they need or maybe even get a good night sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's a beautiful thing you're doing, Richard, really is. And I finally you've got the walk for ALS and lou Garrick Day a great American ballpark.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's it's an amazing thing that since I read that really stepped it up.
Speaker 4: We are, uh, not only.
Speaker 10: Selling tickets for a block so that we can do our our share and showing our are you know what we want everyone to know. But we're going to walk from Smoke Justice across the Robling Bridge to the ballpark. And if no one has heard, there's a special event prior to that. You can only get in with the tickets that ALS is selling. Is selling all these ALS organizations, Uh with John Hopkins, the man with Zach Brown Band, He's going to be there and it's going to be a pre game event where again when we march across with our signs and say we're walking for our loved one, and when we get to the stadium, we'll have that pre game event and then we'll sit together and watch the game.
Speaker 2: Richard Dickman, owner of Smoke Justice, I cannot thank you, and my listeners cannot thank you enough for all that you're doing to help those dealing with and the families dealing with als. Obviously, it's very impactful and without a cure, these needs just do not go away. So salute to you, sir and your wonderful, wonderful restaurant, Smoke Justice. The link to all the events and information is on my blog page fifty five cares dot com Richard, so my listeners can easily go back and figure out where they need to be in a what time. Thanks again, man, you keep up the great work. Richard. It's just awesome having you on the program. Next time you're in the studio. All right, you're in studio with some Smoke Justice.
Speaker 4: Now we'll bring it to you.
Speaker 2: Man, you're the best. You take care, man, have a wonderful weekend. It's a thirty nine right now for you. Five cares the talk station, and congratulations to John Sinser is going to be joining the program next. And the successful effort on behalf of the residents of Hyde Park save Hyde Park Square signature drive, well, they got an announcement to make coming up next. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC dot com spring us here and now is the perfect time.
Speaker 2: Bon really glad to be with you.
Speaker 17: It's not just me, it's a whole team of people who did an amazing job here. We did get enough signatures. We are just overwhelmed with the turnout and the support that we've received, collecting more than eighteen thousand, three hundred signatures in order to put this issue on the referendum. I can't tell you how excited were to share that with you.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a serious I mean, you did it over nineteen days. The significant reflection of how angry the folks in Hyde Park over are over the fact that well representative government failed them. You got seven of the seven of the city council members that denied you guys, your own destiny, charting your own zoning laws. They said, no, we're going to give these well connected developers a variance over the connected communities, which they show down every neighborhood's throat at first, and we're gonna let you go ahead and move forward with your huge development. And I've seen the designs for this. Todd Zenser has been on the program No relation, and he did the graphics that are circulating out. It's monstrous. The dynamic of High Park Square be changed dramatically so it doesn't shock at all.
Speaker 17: It is not just a Hyde Park case. We couldn't have actually hit this number. Even if we had every single man, woman and child in Hyde Park, we couldn't get anywhere near this. This is a city wide number, from Sailor Park to Mount Washington. This eighteen thousand people are spread out neighborhood after neighborhood after neighborhood. We had more than three hundred circulators of the petitions volunteers, many of them first timers, ranging in age from eighteen to ninety two, and they were all over the city. We were in all kinds of neighborhoods, Mount Airy, north Side, North Avon Hill, Poddock, Paddock Hills, Mount Lookout, Mount Washington. We covered the waterfront and the city gave us that number, not just Hyde Park.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the residents of the City of Cincinnati, regardless of which neighborhood they're in. Saw that you know there but for the grace of God go y. I mean, the council did this to Bond Hill as well, and people also might have reacted it to many other yeah, exactly well and connected communities. That was done to every single neighborhood. They didn't even get input from the various neighborhoods around if they were interested in the connected communities zoning or not, and they obviously got it. That is the biggest piece of this.
Speaker 17: While this is a development issue that's now on going to be on the ballot once the Board of Elections certifies that we have more than the nine thousand, one hundred and forty six that we have to have ten percent of the last governor's race, this is really a statement about telling the city, neighborhood councils, community councils, citizens themselves want to have a say in how their neighborhoods grow, change, develop You can't have something like this and let just city Council, the Planning Commission, and the developers decide what's going to be. That's why we had volunteers from all over the city and all the different neighborhoods. This is amazing too. What you're focusing on on what I really feel is the most important thing about citizens voice and neighborhood councils planned Cincinnati. The functional planning document for the city says that the city expects its community organizations such as community councils and business associations and others to actively participate in the development and revitalization of the communities they represent. That's a direct quote that plan. This administration hasn't been doing that. I don't feel like it's been going on for a while. This is what the city has said today and with these and we will be dropping these off at City Hall. We'll be gathering around twelve thirty right on the front steps and we will be marching in the boxes plural of petitions to hand them over to the city who get ten days with them. Then they go on to the Board of Elections, they get ten days with them, and then we'll know what number we actually got that was certified.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Recognizing the huge support this petition drive as a resultant you obviously mentioned the number of signatures. All the different neighborhoods were hit and everybody from the various neighborhoods were signing this petition. They want to say in their own destiny, and this is illustrative of the It's like a warning shot. Do you think council will revisit this and shall I say, unring the bell, John, I.
Speaker 17: Don't think that's likely to happen.
Speaker 4: Give and my experience with council over the last.
Speaker 17: Few months, certainly several of them were generous with their time and did some listening, but we did not feel particularly heard. And I think the machinery right now, the process, the systems are set up in a way that just forces this to happen. I don't personally think that there's very much likelihood that someone from city Council is going to say, hey, you know what, look at that number, we should do something about this before it gets on the ballot. There were plenty of chances for that. This isn't something that just happened on April twenty third. This goes all the way back late January, the very first meeting, they received more than seven hundred emails saying please don't do this, and nobody changed their behavior. Nobody changed. Then we have the Planning Commission meeting in March five and a half hours of testimony. That was another chance, and I didn't see anybody changed their behavior. Then the last couple of days April twenty two and twenty three, the Equitable Growth and Housing Committee and City Council itself, we got a fairly stern talking to from the front of the room about we need marriage counseling with the developer because we're not communicating well altogether. And the developer was saying, you know, we it was really hard.
Speaker 2: We took it from the neighborhood.
Speaker 17: Always just saying mean things about us. I don't think anybody's going to change their behavior today, even with this astounding number in front of them.
Speaker 2: Well astounding number for the petition, but also on the heels of and as your release points out, forty nine hundred residents signed the Change that Org petition asking the city to enforce the zoning the obviously it's the connected community zoning, in other words, not a grant of variance to these well connected developers. Nineteen civic organizations the community councils represent nearly one hundred fifty thousand residents publicly oppose the zone change, so they knew damn well. In advance, there was this massive opposition, which is why it illustrates the failure of representative government. They didn't care what their constituents want.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 17: That's what we feel, that's what we've experienced, and we've been able to take the actions thanks to all of our volunteers. Thanks to the team to put this together and say now you have to listen to us. You didn't listen to us before now, And I'm really glad we're ending your week on an a b absolutive story. There's so many people, I mean, there's so much hard news anyway, and I know a lot of people in this world are feeling like I don't know what to do well, I don't know what it is you should be doing or anybody else should be doing. But we went out and we did this and it feels good, it feels right, and it's a positive thing to say. Representative government still has to hear the people. I am excited to see this go forward, and we're just really grateful to everyone and signed, everyone who collected, everybody who worked on it. Today is a real celebration day for.
Speaker 2: Us, absolutely, and you know, praise you deserve all the praise in the world for your efforts. John Zinzer and everybody else who passed around the petitions. You make a real strong point here and I absolutely love the point that you're making and I'll drive people to the polls this November two, and I'm sure Counsel may be sweating a little bit over that as well. John Zinzer behind the signed the High Park Save the High Park Square petition. It's been pleasure having you on and I'm glad you were ending on the week on a positive notee you observe, John. It makes me feel really good about that. And for the residents of.
Speaker 17: Iparks, thanks for having us again. Brian, please come out and join.
Speaker 2: Us at City Hall.
Speaker 17: I feel like at twelve thirty to day and I wish everybody a really good Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my friend you as well. It's eight fifty four. Coming up at eight fifty five you can get a chance to listen Tech Friday with Dave Hatter Online So Security Cards. A woman googled herself and found out she's been indicted on drug crimes and the coming quantum apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Corey Bowman was in studio for a few segments. He of course will be on the ballot in November running for mayor, and he's a good man. I hope people will really truly consider supporting Corey Bowman. Corey Bowman dot com links on my blog page fifty five Krsey dot com along with the podcast Jim Stitt Since a Warburg Jim Stitt. The got some events coming up from Memorial Day, the dance at Moonlight Pavilion along with the d Day commemoration at Lunkin Airport. Don Heinrich Toltzman about all the German events coming up, German Day Celebration, three days worth of German Day celebration and some comments about the the German Museum details of fifty five cars dot com. Also Richard Dickman from Smoke Justice with the ALS fundraiser events that are coming up. Cool guy he is. And then finally, of course John Zenzer in my discussion with John there, I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Remember those who paid the ultimate price sacrifice for their their in their service to their country. That's what Memorial Day is all about. I hope you have a pleasant one and reflect on that ultimate sacrifice and tune in Monday it'll be a best of program because I will be enjoying my Memorial Day taking the day off. Be back Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to talking with you on Tuesday. Joe Strecker, thanks as always for everything you do producing the fifty five KRCEN Morning Show. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well. Folks, stick around because Glen Beeck's coming right up.
Speaker 9: A full rundown of the biggest headlines. There's minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now, Americans shouldn't know fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 8: This report here