Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Trump also said yesterday, if the AP does not use the Gulf of America as describing the Gulf of Mexico, Trump will be sending troops into the AP and we'll.
Speaker 3: Be attacking it. Didn't we see that AP reporter trying to crash the Oval office. It was dragged off in handcuffs. Do I have that right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: Bill Handle here and the Morning Crew modified Morning Crew today and it is Thursday morning, February thirteenth. By the way, that Trump line that I said about, let's just say these some issues with the AP that refuses to or we'll still use the term the ghost of Mexico.
Speaker 3: I don't know how far off I am. One of the things I want to talk about, and that is what time we're going to do.
Speaker 2: That At eight thirty is thirty three moves that President Trump has made in twenty three days and.
Speaker 3: Executive executive actions.
Speaker 2: The last time anybody came close to this was FDR when he inherited the depression and how he had to deal with the same thing happened.
Speaker 3: Lawsuits were filed.
Speaker 2: It was a conservative court and in fact shut down a lot of what FDR wanted. But FDR was a liberal and it was It'll be a little bit of history now we talk about.
Speaker 3: So first, let's say hello to everybody.
Speaker 2: Cono, good morning, Moonda, Bill Okay, Neil, good morning, Willie wolf Amy good morning.
Speaker 5: Well Hello Bill.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And filling in for Anne today and tomorrow is Michelle.
Speaker 5: Hello, good morning.
Speaker 2: The the erstwhile of the erstwhile producer of this show for twenty five years and Michelle now promoted to executive producer almost twenty six years.
Speaker 3: How long you've been the executive producer, Michelle?
Speaker 5: Almost four?
Speaker 3: Really? All right?
Speaker 5: Longer?
Speaker 3: So Anne is not here, by the way, am I is Anne? Okay? With sharing why she's gone for two days? Does she say anything? Would rather not this?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I would probably say air on the side of not. She'll probably okay.
Speaker 3: Then, okay, fair enough. So what a tease that is? Huh?
Speaker 5: Just some stuff?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course that people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually people do have some stuff going on, unless they are so sick of the show they go I need a day off. Nothing going on. Yes, that is not only an option, it is a possibility, It is a probability.
Speaker 5: I would say it should be required that every few months you get a few days off from you.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, all right, So maybe she'll share on Monday, so you have to tune in. Michelle is here today and tomorrow. Big storms coming in today. We have a lot to cover.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, let's start with Amy. I say good morning to you already.
Speaker 6: You did, oh for the love of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is memory, this is memory speaking.
Speaker 2: Now I can tell you the programs that FDR actually did initiate, which ones were shot down by the Supreme Court in nineteen thirty two.
Speaker 3: But I forgot that.
Speaker 2: I said hello to Amy thirty five seconds ago.
Speaker 7: You know who else have springs like that? Dementia patients?
Speaker 3: True? Actually, I just you know, you're right.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's in the news, and I take ambient and it says and my balance is bad.
Speaker 3: I'm forgetting things.
Speaker 2: So I've always forgotten things, so that hasn't changed very much. But I'm right in line with what's going on. It's pretty scary stuff. So okay, okay, so I'll be very forgetful this morning, it's time for Handle news.
Speaker 6: Today is Thursday. We're starting Handle on the news.
Speaker 3: That is correct with Amy.
Speaker 2: The point is, I know that's correct, So that's the least helpful as opposed to huh huh, what are we doing? Okay, time for Handle on the news. Lead story.
Speaker 3: You keep him and it's all about the rain.
Speaker 2: And when we have any issues of climate, I always defer to Amy to give us the latest.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So the rain is falling now, the heaviest that helps. It is expected to start at about two this afternoon. And because of the heavy rain expected and maybe even thunderstorms which would be really bad tonight, there are several evacuation warnings in place. They could turn into evacuation orders if they If your house is under an evacuation order, you would have been contacted by now directly. But just know that, you know, mud flows and debris flows and flash flooding is all the possibility, So get ready and be ready to get.
Speaker 3: Out if you have to. Yeah, that's gonna be a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's in La County near the burn scars. It's in Orange County near the airport fire. It's also in the Ie from the fires. From earlier, from October. So there's several areas that are affected.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be reporting on that. Well, I think Gary and Shannon will be more reporting. And then this afternoon because the rain's coming down and it's getting uh you see, getting harder and harder as it comes down. Now, quick, quick question, rain always comes down? Why do we say that? Is a does does that ever go up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, something, I'm just wondering why rain always comes down.
Speaker 3: It seems to me a touch of redundancy there.
Speaker 2: Uh gravity Uh, I think, yeah, I think I think gravity has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll buy that.
Speaker 4: If the winds are blowing hard enough, it blows sideway, it falls side sideways.
Speaker 3: That's true. I'll buy that. And of course, our one of our favorite views is you watch TV and the reporter from local station, even national station is there with a microphone talking about the winds.
Speaker 2: Although now the microphones are so good that the winds could be howling and still you can hear the reporter fairly clearly. However, the visual, and this is where I wish we were television, The visual of a reporter standing there and then being just swept away in front of you, like sideways, just hitting the wall.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun to see that happening.
Speaker 5: Getting ready to get out.
Speaker 4: As we've been telling you, some people are being warned that they might need to evacuate because of possible debris and mudflows. So there is a voluntary evacuation warning for several areas in the Airport burnfire. That's the one in Orange County that burned in last fall, Tribuco Canyon, Bell Canyon, Hot Springs Canyon, Long Canyon, Majesica Canyon. Flood watch will also be in effect from this morning through tonight for most of Orange County. In fact, the floodwatch is up for much of southern California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can go to the site you are going to be swept away and die dot com. Okay, okay, okay, you can respond, you know I did.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was by not responding, So that says a lot.
Speaker 2: That says a lot, because silence is the loudest reaction you can have.
Speaker 3: Who came up with that phrase? By the way, what moron came up with that?
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure Let's move on whoever it was?
Speaker 3: No, No, let's move on, Neil now let's move on.
Speaker 6: Please, I'll give a beat here because this is sad.
Speaker 7: A car plowed into demonstrators in Munich this morning, injuring at least twenty eight people. Local officials are looking at this and calling it a suspected attack. Unfortunately, children were among the injured, according to the city's mayor. So the car hit a group of protesters staging a demonstration and this was linked to a strike organized by the thirty Union.
Speaker 2: So you know, terror attacks are now defaulting just by taking a car truck and slamming into a group with people. You know, they're getting away from bombing, which takes manufacturing the bomb, and certainly hijacking is you know, it's almost impossible to do, but drive, renting a car, drive in car, stealing a car or a truck and plowing into a group of people and killing or injuring dozens. That's the go to now for terrorists. And how do you defend against that?
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 7: And the whole point is we like to focus on the weapon of choice rather than focusing on people wanting to do this to harm other people.
Speaker 2: You know, they'll find a way that I think it's basically social media and people calling in and the National Security Agency. Do you know that the NSA monitors every single phone call that's made in the United States everyone, and it goes through all kinds of algorithms and they pull out words and phrases and then someone determines or another algorithm determines whether that is some kind of a risk question, okay. Or a little bit of advice, don't look up pressure cookers if you're going to buy one. And if you are talking about a movie and it's not doing too well.
Speaker 3: Do not call it a bomb. That good advice.
Speaker 7: That is, as we say, we say that it's a mass shooting, rather than saying that it's a mass killing when really the killing part is the worst part about it. Okay, whether it's a car or a knife a guy, thats okay.
Speaker 3: That resonates.
Speaker 4: Let's take the deal. That's what seventy five thousand federal employees are saying to President Trump's buyout offer. The deal was, if you agree to resign, we'll pay you through September. And a judge had put it on hold said nope, can't do that. But he didn't really say no, because the same judge lifted the pause on the program said, the labor unions who sued didn't really have standing to file the lawsuit. So the people who've accepted it about three point three percent of the federal government's two point three million workers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tried to do the numbers on this, and my calculator didn't work very well on my phone. If the average employee, the federal government average employeelet's say, make sixty thousand dollars a year, is that about right if.
Speaker 3: You look at and maybe more than that, because that's a good job to be a FED employee.
Speaker 2: And there's seventy five thousand federal employees have already accepted the deal. What is seventy five thousand times sixty thousand? Because someone do the math on that.
Speaker 3: Your calculator brank on. No, it just doesn't work. It shows error, and I just you know, it's just it's my iPhone.
Speaker 6: Care.
Speaker 5: What did you say? Seventy five thousand times.
Speaker 2: Seventy five thousand times sixty thousand.
Speaker 5: Four point five billion?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so far four point five billion dollars. That's a chunk of money, and they're going to be more. And if people do not sign up for this, the risk is they're going to simply be fired under the new Musk orient No, under the Musk managed DOGE where they're trying to really cut down on spending. Well, there's four point five billion dollars right there. So that's we're going to talk about that a lot.
Speaker 3: As you can imagine.
Speaker 6: Oh, I see what's wrong. I can see your calculator from here. It's upside down. It's it says boobies. Bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: Elon Musk calls for US government to delete entire agencies.
Speaker 6: He went on to say that he thinks.
Speaker 7: We need to delete entire agencies as opposed to leaving part of them behind, and then gives the analogy of like a weed. He says, if you don't remove the roots of the weed, that it's easy for the weed to grow back. So he says there's just some departments that instead of trimming, you just need to get rid of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, education is going to be gotten rid of.
Speaker 2: Trump said, the Education secretary is there to undo. Also, let me ask a question, if the government got rid of the department that sets up those lecterns and microphones at various locations, would anybody hear that.
Speaker 3: These agencies are going to be dismantled.
Speaker 7: I don't know the answer to that is that, like if a signed company goes on strike, like what do they hold?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Elon Musk, he's getting a big defense contract. He's prompted another backlash online after it was revealed that his rocket company SpaceX is still getting multimillion dollar contracts from the US government while he's working two slash trillions of dollars from the federal budget.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean that is an accusation. That is a complete croc.
Speaker 2: When he was asked in the Oval Office, is there a conflict here amongst your companies that have contracts with the federal government, he said, no, there aren't.
Speaker 3: Therefore we know there aren't.
Speaker 2: Because he said it, and I think the President backed that up. No conflict, no conflict, Thank you very much. There's no conflict.
Speaker 7: And then he looked at President Trump said I think that person just said Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 2: Certain, I think so, and Trump handed him a contract at the time and said, this is not a conflict.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's crazy stuff.
Speaker 7: We'll tag this on really quickly before we go to a break. You're gonna love this bill because tagging on to that you know, every I guess every now and again they put out these forecasts. The government puts out these forecasts talk about the companies that they're partnering with in the future and the cost.
Speaker 6: While the State.
Speaker 7: Department was planning to buy four hundred million worth of armored Tesla's later this year, according to that twenty twenty five procurear procurement forecast, and all of a sudden, the document that said that they were going to buy them from Tesla has been changed, and now it just says that they're going to buy four hundred thousand or four hundred million worth of electric armored vehicles, but doesn't mention Tesla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder who made that call. I do not think it is Marco Rubio, who's head of the State Department.
Speaker 3: I think it was lower down on the management level.
Speaker 6: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm prognosticating here. I don't know the answer of that, just guessing, all right.
Speaker 4: New York's being accused of playing favorites. The Trump administration has sued New York over its immigration policies and accused state officials of prioritizing or favoring illegal aliens over US citizens. Attorney General Pam Bondi said. She cited New York's green light law, which allows people in the state to get a driver license regardless of citizenship or legal status, and she said, you know what that's stopping. It stops today, and then other stuff as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I can see that philosophy. Okay, we don't want illegal migrants to get driver's license, but how does that.
Speaker 2: Favor illegal migrants and somehow take away from the rights of US citizens?
Speaker 3: Having a hard time putting that together.
Speaker 2: Is allowing migrants By the way, I'll tell you, I happen to like the idea of illegal migrants getting driver's license because they are tested at least at least some official right, some examiner jumps in the car with them and looks to see if they know how to drive. So that to me is simply a question of safety. For me, I'd rather have someone illegal or not have a driver's license.
Speaker 3: Because they've been tested at least to some extent. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, just and you know that's outside of the morality, outside of the law, outside of a political position.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't want to get hit by people who have no insurance.
Speaker 6: What do you assume they don't know how to drive.
Speaker 2: I'm not assuming they know how to drive, but I'll tell you if they test, then I know that they do know how to drive to some extent.
Speaker 3: That's the difference. You look at it two different ways.
Speaker 6: I'll do that.
Speaker 3: So I just don't see how you know. The only thing I can see is American citizens that are at risk because they're illegal migrants in the country. And I don't see that either.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are if you've got bad ones, but you've got bad anybody. If you have bad tourists that commit crimes, or let's get rid of tourists, it's you know, there's bad people, no matter what happens.
Speaker 6: Already the site.
Speaker 7: Telsea Gabbart sworn in as Director of National Intelligence. This was pretty contentious. She's the next Director of National Intelligence. Fifty two to forty eight vote. She was sworn in hours later there at the Oval Office. But man, that confirmation hearing, I mean, they've all been pretty intense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she.
Speaker 7: Got from both sides, and even some Republicans jumped on all about.
Speaker 2: But in the end they vote for her along party lines, and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You don't screw with President Trump.
Speaker 2: If you don't vote the way he wants you to vote, you're primaried out.
Speaker 3: You're done.
Speaker 2: You're done as a senator, you're done as a corongoss person, as a Republican, you're gone. And so you have even Bill Cassidy, who is a senator, who is a doctor, who headed the vaccine who headed the vaccine program in Louisiana. That was his program, and he ripped into Robert Kennedy, ripped into him.
Speaker 3: And you know what he did.
Speaker 2: He voted in favor in the end, he voted in favor because Trump said, you're primary and out, and they care far more about their political position. We're talking both sides. By the way, Democrats and Republicans, they care far more about their political positions and getting re elected than they do for the good of the country.
Speaker 3: Good of the country is down number three or four. It's really very depressing, very depressing.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, by the way, she's best friends with Bashar al Asade, right, he talked about she talked about how great Putin is. It's just only Mitch McConnell voted no because he's retiring and he doesn't care. And those are the only people that would vote no. And there are plenty of Republicans that well, several that are retiring.
Speaker 3: And they still vote for Trump. They vote for Trump's candidate nominee.
Speaker 4: All Right, Trump and President Putin had a good talk yesterday and are going to start negotiations aimed at ending the war in Ukraine. Trump said that he and Putin talked for over an hour, and then he also talked to Ukraine's President Zelensky yesterday, and then Trump said, I think President Putin wants peace. President Zelensky wants peace, and I want peace. I just want to see people stop being killed.
Speaker 3: I agree that they all want peace.
Speaker 2: But Putin's idea of peace is taking some of Ukraine's land, saying that it is his and believing it.
Speaker 3: It's not just arbitrary.
Speaker 2: He has thought that that part of the Ukraine don Bass, the don Bass region eastern Ukraine has always been part of Russia, which it was for hundreds of years, and does Zelenski wants to keep that land. And Trump is effectively saying, we got to come to some kind of deal. And my question is who thinks the other side is the evil empire? How about both of them? Putin and Trump think the evil Empire is over there, maybe not so much. Yeah, anyway, let's move on there. And they're very well. Maybe peace because in reality is that the United States has enormous power, particularly military power, which it's probably not going to use, but financial power, economic power that is a juggernaut. And Trump's taking advantage of that where other presidents have not to move to his idea of foreign policy, which is very important to him. Trump doesn't care about a lot of stuff. He doesn't care about the state.
Speaker 6: Phil He doesn't want peace. He wants a peace. Oh strong, very good, very good communication.
Speaker 7: Eric. Everyone deserves TLC on Valentine's Day, and that includes our little furry friends. So if you're looking for love this well that doesn't come out right looking for love this Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: That's illegal. I think i'ds illegal, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Know your audience.
Speaker 7: I just as I said that and realized I was on the Handle show, I'm like best friends. Animal Society is giving Angelinos, that's all of us good people the chance to fall for a new furry friend with free adoptions and special Valentine's Day sleepovers from February fourteenth to seventeen. So if you want a lifelong companion, that would be great. It's a no kill shelter, or just what to share the weekend of love with a shelter pet.
Speaker 6: This is a great way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at the numbers. Look how spectacular these numbers were. This organization was found in nineteen eighty four. At that time, seventeen million animals were euthanized per year in the US. It is down to four hundred and fifteen thousand animals euthanized. There are so many no kill shelters, and a lot of those four hundred and fifteen are dogs and cats that are really old and have some real problems that should be euthanized.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, we put down our dog. God, that really did kill me.
Speaker 2: But she had been, you know, eaten by a coyote or partially eaten, and there was just no issue.
Speaker 7: So some of them were fiance Lindsay refers to you as a rescue.
Speaker 3: I think, ye sweet, Yeah, thank you hello for that. Yeah. No, let's move on.
Speaker 6: I get it this thing on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, monkeying around in Florida. Good, get you an STD.
Speaker 3: See there we go again. Hold on a minute, there's Neil again. You've got what very careful about? Who are what you shuop? Okay, she knows. Okay, I'm sorry I interrupted you Please go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 4: So in Florida they have these Reesis monkeys that originally came over because some guy had a glass bottom boat business and he had some monkeys, and of course they escaped and or they released the monkeys actually to attract tourists, so they'd have them on this island. They could go to the island and go, hey, you guys, check that out there, there's monkeys on the island. Well, the monkeys did what monkeys do, and then there were like five hundred of them. Now there are about one hundred and ninety. But aside from the environmental concerns of how the monkeys are affecting the ecosystem on the island, they're posing a threat to public health because Reesis maccoques in Florida have tested positive for herpes.
Speaker 2: Quick question, what was the disease where The argument was in Africa having sex with monkeys or chimpanzees. You mean remember that not fraudulently but no, no, I mean it was there was age. Yes, the argument was that it started with people having sex with monkeys, men having sex with monkeys. Now, I want to point something out physiologically. If Riesei's monkeys are pretty small, if a man is having sex with a Reese's monkey on the cac don't those monkeys explode?
Speaker 3: All right, let's just move on.
Speaker 5: That is not an image I needed to.
Speaker 3: I know that was for you, Michelle.
Speaker 5: Why I don't work on the show anymore.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a visual. Okay, I think we can do another one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: I'm just trying to put a little breath between that and a Disney story. So Disney has become the latest company to change its policies. This is of course, dealing with diversity, equity, and inclusion amid the federal government pressure to eliminate these programs. Interestingly enough, I'm not sure how much this changes. So if you remember those sort of controversial AutoPlay advisory disclaimers, that would be that were introduced by Disney in twenty nineteen. So if you're streaming something on Disney Plus like Dumbo or Peter Pan, it would say negative depictions and or mistreatment of peoples or.
Speaker 6: Cultures before it would play well.
Speaker 7: The new advisory now says this program is presented as originally created and may contain stereotypes or negative depictions.
Speaker 4: It doesn't say what they are though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't understand, you know, what's the difference between the two. It seems like the disclaimer is the same to me, I'm going to interpret it as the same.
Speaker 5: Well, it's all semantics, right, it's just words.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I think actually it's I think the second one is a little more powerful, calling them stereotypes or negative depictions.
Speaker 4: Oh well, the other one said negative depictions, yeah, people or cultures.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Seems the same to me. Okay, let's we're done with that, at least with the news this morning. Kf I am six.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.