Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with Me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App kf I and KOST HD two Los Angeles and Orange County.
Speaker 3: I got a good, good call, your haste, Amy Kay.
Speaker 1: It is five o'clock straight up this Wednesday morning, June twenty fifth. Good morning, this is your wake up call. I'm Amy King. You need something to cheer you up today? I got it. It's June twenty fifth. It's exactly six months until Christmas. What do you think of that? The countdown begins? Here's what's ahead on wake up Call. New data suggests that most of the people arrested by federal immigration agents in LA have no criminal background. Seven hundred and twenty two people were arrested by ICE agents in LA between June first and tenth. The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Christin Noah maintains the government's goal is to bring in criminals. They've been out on the streets far too long. The ceasefire between Israel and Iran appears to be holding. The ceasefire went into effect on the twelfth day of the war between the two countries following Israel's pounding of military targets and leaders, and the US deployment of more than a dozen thirty thousand pound bombs on Around's nuclear facilities. President Trump is meeting with NATO leaders in the Netherlands to talk about the US air strikes on Iran that led to the ceasefire. We'll be checking in with ABC's Karen Travers in just a couple of minutes to find out what else is on the President's agenda at NATO today. Okay, can you click on anything anymore? Scamser everywhere? The host of Rich on Tech, Rich Timiro, is going to join us at five point twenty to sort through that. And then this one isn't a scam. Apple pushed out a notification to iPhone users. I didn't get it, but Rich said he got it, and not everybody's happy about it. We'll tell you about that. And also Prime days are just days away. Rich is going to help you get ready to save you know, as you spend a bunch of money on Amazon. At the bottom of the hour, Amy's on it. It's a movie that probably should have been called Jenaia and the Terrible, horrible, no good, very Bad Day, but it's much much shorter, it's just called straw. And how much damage did US bunker busting bombs do to a round's nuclear program? Well, it depends on who you talk to, and we're going to be talking with ABC's Chris Bacchia about that. That's coming up at five point fifty. Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. A city official in La County is under fire, but we're seemingly calling on street gangs to fight against ice raids. Cynthia Gonzalez is the vice mayor of Cutahey. She recently posted a video on social media during the protests in La that followed several ice raids across the city.
Speaker 4: I want to know where all the totos are at.
Speaker 1: In the video, she apparently starts calling on gangs in her city to organize and calls them out for not showing up to defend against the enforcement of federal immigration laws.
Speaker 3: Eighteenth Street, Florencia. Where's the leadership back?
Speaker 1: Gonzalez has taken the video down. The FBI says they never condone calling for violence against anyone, let alone law enforcement, and the DA has not said if the video rises to the level of a criminal act. City officials tell KFI they are aware of the video and the views in the video do not reflect those of the city. Gonzalez has said she has been visited by the FBI and also says she needs a lawyer. News brought to you by Simper Solaris. The La City Council has approved more money to cover LAPDS overtime.
Speaker 5: Last week's city hall agreed to dip into its reserves and loan five million dollars to cover over time related to recent protests, but the city miscalculated that was only for the police who were at demonstrations against federal immigration enforcement. The rest of the force who were on duty when the tactical alert went out keeping them on duty, their cost weren't included. Now, the city council has agreed to lend twenty two million dollars total to cover all the overtime so far. They've asked the city administrator to figure out a payback plan so the money can go back into the depleted reserve fund. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 1: Governor Newsom says California will not back down on federal immigration enforcement in the state. In a post on his social media. Newsom says, peaceful protest creates change.
Speaker 6: What shall we be violent ourselves? If we're going to protest, we do it peacefully.
Speaker 2: That's how you make things change.
Speaker 6: That's how movements are created through peaceful protests.
Speaker 1: Newsom says California will not be complicit or silent in President Trump's mass deportation efforts. Let's say good morning to ABC's Karen Travers. Karen prison in Trump meeting with NATO leaders today. What's on the agenda.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's got a pretty packed day for a one day summit. Essentially, he got there last night, had dinner palets at the Hague with the King and Queen, and today is packing in all the official meetings. He's already sat down with the Secretary General of NATO. He's meeting with the leader of the Netherlands in a couple of minutes. He'll also have a sideline meeting with the President of Ukraine Zelenski. That was a meeting that of course was canceled at the g seventh summit in Canada just last week when the President came back to the White House early because of the Iran Israel conflict. So he will sit down with Zelenski. The President said, today we'll discuss the obvious his difficulties referring to Zelinski, and of course the Russia Ukraine War is a big focus for NATO leaders and trying to reach a ceasefire there. He's expected to have a press conference. It was scheduled for an hour from now, but we're told that it's probably going to be delayed in a surprise, because they've got a lot of meetings that they're doing first, so stay tuned for that. He's going to get a lot of questions on the NATO agenda, but also the situation with Iran and Israel and the latest on the US strikes on Iran's NW career facilities.
Speaker 1: Okay and Karen, I heard that you mentioned the Secretary General of NATO and trunk meeting and he had some pretty strong supportive words for the US efforts in Iran, didn't he, Yeah, he.
Speaker 7: Did, and also support for what the President has been pushing for NADO countries to increase their defense spending. That's a big topic on the agenda today for these leaders as their meeting for this quick summit, they're going to be voting today to officially increase their commitments to spend up to five percent of their GDP on defense spending. It's actually about three point five percent officially on defense and the other one point five percent is a little more murky, but still it's increased from the two percent that was their commitment from a decade ago. This is a big thing that the president pushed or in his first term, something he talked about on the campaign trail, and the Secretary General of NATO said he expected this to pass and it's a fair decision that the United States was leading on and this aligned with how the United States has been contributing to its defense spending over the years.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, and to be clear on that, that's not money that anybody's paying to the US. That's them putting money into NATO so that they are also contributing. Right.
Speaker 7: No, it's not a dues thing. It's not the President often mischaracterizing as if it's like, you know, you're paying into like a membership club. It's not like that. This is you know, I am country X, and I say I'm going to contribute to my own defense spending up to now five percent of my country's GDP. That to five percent of the country's GDP will go to defense spending. It had been two percent, that was the commitment. Now they're increasing it really though, it's like three point five percent. The idea, though, is that each country is doing robust commitments of military spending u you know, preparations, so that if something were to happen to a country in the Military Alliance, they would be prepared. They would already have this, you know, robus spending already done for their own defense.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. Okay, thank you for that clarification. And then a couple of days ago, the head of Spain was saying, now we're not doing that. Are they still a holdout or are they kind of coming on board now?
Speaker 7: And they are still likely a hold out at this point. We'll see how that plays out today. But Spain the Prime minister when he arrived, said his country had reached an agreement with NATO, saying that they would only do two point one percent so that they wouldn't have to be held to this new standard. But you know, they're at this point looks like the outlier of all these countries.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what time is it where you are? Eight oh nine am eighth You're back, all right?
Speaker 7: I thought you were on the No, no, no, I'm not on this plan.
Speaker 1: All right, Well good, because then you don't have jet leg when you come back really quick. Karen Travers, thank you so much. All right, we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 8: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. I thought she was traveling with the president this time. They get to kind of rotate, and sometimes they go, sometimes they don't. Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesperson says its nuclear installations have been badly damaged by American strikes. The White House is pushing back on early intelligence indicating Saturday night's bombing only set Iran's nuclear program back by a few months. ABC's Lionel Moyes says that despite President Trump's claim that Iran's nuclear program was obliterated.
Speaker 6: The International Atomic Energy Agency says Iran's program has been set back significantly, but Warren's nearly nine hundred pounds of near weapons grade uranium is unaccounted for.
Speaker 1: A top US military commander says after the attack, Iran is still a serious threat to US forces in the Middle East. Former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has conceded to State assembly Member Zoron Mamdani in the New York City Democratic Mayor's primary. ABC's Phil Tait says it's a big upset.
Speaker 7: We do have to wait for all the votes to be counted a part of rank choice voting, but Zorim Mdani does have a steady lead in this race.
Speaker 1: If elected in November, Mamdani, who calls himself a Democratic Socialist, would become the city's first Muslim and Indian American mayor. The heat is still on in the Northeast, the South, and the Midwest. Almost two hundred twenty eight million Americans are dealing with severe heat. Temperatures are close to one hundred degrees rally. Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, and Pittsburgh are under extreme heat warnings. New York's going to see temperature's top one hundred degrees again today, something that hasn't happened in over a decade. Federal agents determined a man who worked as a translator for US troops in Afghanistan. I'm sorry they haven't determined. They've detained a man. Demand says he went into hiding in Iran after his brother was killed at a wedding by the Taliban. He got a humanitarian visa to Brazil and entered the US legally. In July twenty twenty four. He was granted humanitarian parole, applied for a special immigrant visa, and apparently was in the process of scheduling an asylum hearing when he was arrested by Ice. The NTSB is criticizing Boeing, its subcontractor Spirit Aerosystems, and the FAA for that Alaska Airlines flight in which a door plug flew off midflight ABC's Jaqueline Lisa's one hundred and seventy seven people on board were all okay.
Speaker 2: The NTSB preliminary report revealing Boeing employees felt pressure to work too fast, making it difficult to avoid mistakes. Alaska Airlines saying in a statement, we look forward to reviewing the final report.
Speaker 1: In the week's ahead, she says. Spirit Aerosystems says it supports the ntsp's investigation. The CDC's Vaccine Advisory Committee admitting the meeting this week for the first time since Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior fired the entire panel and appointed his own members.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: The reason this committee is important is because their decisions have insurance implications which vaccines will be covered by insurance in the United States.
Speaker 1: ABC's Sony Salzman says the committee will be discussing the safety of vaccines for covid RSV, measles, mumps, and rubella. Bobby Sherman has died. He had announced earlier this year that he was battling cancer. Sherman was a native of Santa Monica, rose to fame with TV appearances and hit songs like Julie, Do You Love Me. Later, he became an EMT, a reserve officer with the LAPD, and a result of deputy with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. I didn't know that Bobby Sherman was eighty one. I remember him. I think he did a guest appearance on The Partridge Family or something. I was like, Oh, he's so dreamy. The federal Court judge has determined the City of La failed to meet its obligations under a settlement agreement with the La Alliance for Human Rights and has to now provide an updated plan detailing how it's going to create nearly thirteen thousand beds for homeless residents in the next two years. The judge says the city has shown a consistent lack of cooperation and responsiveness. Iran's Foreign ministry spokesperson says its nuclear installations have been badly damaged by American airstrikes. CNN said a highly classified document from the Defense Intelligence Agency and US Sentcom says Iran's nuclear program was likely only set back by months. The White House has slammed the reporting, saying their reports are flat out wrong. After a couple of delays. At private mission to the International Space Station successfully launched from Kennedy Space Center. Four astronauts are aboard Axiom spaces Ax four mission. They lifted off last night in a SpaceX Dragon capsule. They'll spend two weeks on the space station. This is the fourth private mission to the International Space Station. Wonder how much that one costs. At six oh five, it's handle on the news. President Trump is wrecking summer vacation plans of members of Congress. Bill's going to tell you why. Let's say good morning to the host of Rich on Tech on KFI. It's KTLA's tech guy, Rich DeMuro. Hey, Rich, can you click on anything anymore?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 10: No, you really can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have I have examples for you, and I wanted to see what you think about them. Okay, one, sure, I got an email. It's a Disney dream Key settlement and it's an email and it says, hey, you know what, there's where you know you're going to get a refund. There was a suit, which there has been and I did get like sixty dollars back because I am a passholder, right, oh wow, lucky you right, so well sixty bucks and plus Anyway, I don't want to get into what that settlement probably did to passholders, but that's a whole other issue. So here's the thing. Then it says claim payment and there's a click through, and I was like, I'm not going to do that. So I did a little digging and if you go to dream Key settlement, there is a dream Key settlement, but on the web it says, if you want to get your settlement, don't do anything.
Speaker 10: So yes, well, well, at this point you are. You've gotten the settlement, You've gotten the sixty dollars that's paying you out, and usually they want you to either get that payment to like a Venmo or a PayPal, or you can claim a check.
Speaker 8: So what I do?
Speaker 10: Number One, there's a website I like Topclassactions dot com. So anytime you see one of these class action lawsuits, you can type in the search bar. And I just typed in the Disney dream key and yeah, there's a nine point five million dollar class action settlement. The claims period is closed, and it looks like people are getting their money, which is sixty seven dollars and forty one cents estimated. So and I got that month set and the official website is dreamkeysettlement dot com. So you well, that's the thing. So if you already got the money, then you're good. But this is it sounds like they're trying to pay you out at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I think that I think this is a scam because I also it's his claim payment. But if you go to the website, it says don't you don't have to do anything. So I'm thinking that this. Oh so you're saying, yeah, that it might be a bogus click through.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well it says payments to qualified class members were sent by checks and digital payments were emailed via epic pay on June fourteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just got this email, okay, interesting, so like can you but it's like scary because it and it totally looks legitimate. So whether this one was or not, I didn't click through because you just don't know, like I get stuff from my bank or it looks like it's from my bank, but it's not.
Speaker 10: And this is what I talk about on the radio show. I say that, you know, all these scam artists basically mimic what we know to be true and they put a little nefarious twist on it. Right, So we've gotten the text from your bank that says, hey, did you just try to use your card at Target? You know, press one, reply one or reply too for no, you know, for fraud, and they'll do that same thing. But yet somehow they'll twist it to say, oh, go to this website to lock your card or something, and it's totally bogus. So my advice in general is to just take a critical eye. Typically you should be able to tell if these things are a scam or not by inspecting the return email address, the website that it's sending you to, and if you see that it's cross referencing something that's actually legitimate, like it actually takes you to that dream key settlement website, then it's probably good. But yes, I've gotten a couple of these in the past, and I'm always very critical. But if you're just putting in like your Venmo or something or your email address to get the payment, it's usually safe unless it's asking you to log in, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just it's so frustrating, and it's like they're just it's getting worse. I got one from the DMV saying you have a traffic violation. I'm like, no, I don't, and it says you know, yeah, you know, and it says click through here and if you don't, we're going to refer you to a toll collection agency. Your vehicle registration is going to be suspended. And then you're like, hmmm, I don't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well you know. So I post a lot of these on my Instagram and people send them to me all day long. So I try to post like the newest, most interesting ones that I see, because if they're doing something unique, different, or you know, something I haven't seen before, I'll usually sort of break it down on my Instagram. So that's a good place. I know you're following me there, but that's a good place. To check as well.
Speaker 1: It's tricky. Well I just saw I just saw one of your Instagram posts about Apple pushing out a promo to iPhones. Well what's that one about? Yeah?
Speaker 10: People were, well, it was funny. I got this yesterday and I thought, I thought that was kind of odd. I'm like, this is not very much like Apple.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 10: They've got this new movie they're promoting f one a stars Brad Pitt. It's a big movie. I think it comes out this weekend. And they sent a notification saying, hey, you can get ten dollars off two tickets if you buy them via fandango. And I was like, that's weird. I've never seen a promotion pushed to my phone like this from Apple. Okay, and sure enough go online and a lot of users are not happy because you know, this is Apple Wall. It is what you use to pay for stuff, and now Apple is using it to push promotions to people. So long story short, people were upset about this. Not that big of a deal, but it looks like in the new iOS twenty six there will be a toggle to turn off future promotional texts like this from Apple through the Apple Wallet. So we'll have to wait until September to be able to turn those off.
Speaker 1: I will be one of the first to turn those off. I hate all that stuff. Windows ten has a lifeline, so Microsoft's going to continue doing security updates for a while.
Speaker 10: Yeah. This is actually a pretty good deal because a lot of people don't want to switch to Windows eleven. They don't really have a need, or their computer doesn't really work with Windows eleven, so they got to stick with Windows ten, which is gonna go out of service, Like Microsoft's gonna stop giving you software updates and security updates on October thirteenth, twenty twenty five, so sorry, October fourteenth, twenty twenty five. Now you can get this extension for one year through October thirteenth in three ways. They're calling it the Extended Security Updates programs. So number one, pay thirty dollars. That's been a thing for a while. So you can pay thirty dollars to get one more year of security updates.
Speaker 8: Or here's the.
Speaker 10: Two new options. If you use Windows backup to sink your settings to the cloud, you can get one year of service updates security updates for free.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: Or this is the interesting one. You can redeem one thousand Microsoft Rewards points. I didn't even know I had these amy until I went to bing dot com and I saw that I have like twenty eight hundred Reward rewards points. Use those search It's like a game of fied experience.
Speaker 1: No not find them. How do you get Microsoft Reward points?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's all by searching Bing. So it's like basically it's a it's a gamified search experience. Oh ok and my kids know very well. If you have kids, they might know about it because they can earn like free Xbox stuff. So it's like you can do all kinds of stuff like every it gives you these little goals to do, like if you search bing three times a day, you'll get points, if you read your outlook emails. I mean, it's it's kind of silly.
Speaker 1: Okay, Amazon Prime Days, I just got the notification that those are coming up in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: Yes, July eighth through eleventh. This is their biggest Prime day yet, four days instead of two. No matter what they say, I give you the same advice every single year. Day you're in, you're out, put the stuff that you want in your cart now and watch for the price drops they will mark anything with a major price drop with a little red banner that'll say Prime Day or Prime Deal or Big Deal, and that's the best way to shop because things will go on sale. And actually even though it starts July eighth and goes through the eleventh, they still put stuff on sale through the eleventh, Like right now, things start going on sale, So just put the stuff in your cart, check it out, and watch for those price drops.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And then one last question about Prime Days because I have trouble finding great deals. Don't they do like deals of the Hour or something like that or deals.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're doing a new thing this year which is called Today's Big Deals and these are daily themed drops from various brands like Samsung, Levi's, dice In, and Keels and so those will be like every day. But if you want to check out some of the Prime Day deals, Amazon dot com slash Prime Day and already I'm seeing deals related to stuff that I've purchased in the past or things that I've browsed for. So the deals are already a plenty. It's just you know, yeah, like do you need it? But yes, there are some good things on here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so go load up your cart and then watch for the sale. Yep, all right. Kfi's tech guy, Rich Demiro. You can hear him live every Saturday from eleven to two right here on rich on Tech on KFI. You can watch him on KTLA and you can follow him on Instagram at rich on Tech. And for the stuff we were just talking about and kind of everything that Rich talks about, and he puts it on his website, and that website is rich on tech dot TV.
Speaker 10: Thank you Rich, Thank you. Amy.
Speaker 1: All right. The vice mayor of Cutahey is being investigated, apparently by the FBI, after she posted a video on social media that appears to call on gang members to fight back against ICE immigration rates. In the video that has now been deleted, Cynthia Gonzalez tells ICE, or calls Ice the biggest gang there is. The family of a student who was stabbed to death outside Santa Ana High School has sued the school district. The family claims the district created a dangerous environment and that school staff delayed providing life saving treatment and calling nine to one one. The boy was killed by another student in the school parking lot. May seventh. Police are asking for your help in solving a movie mystery. LAPD says thieves stole three hard drives in the West Hills. They contained unedited footage from a film shoot. The hard drives were stolen from a shoot site on yan Dot Street early on May twenty sixth. The investigators are asking anyone with any information to contact the LAPD. Tonight, the Dodgers take on the Rockies in Colorado. First pitch goes out at five point forty. You can listen to all the Dodger games on AM five seventy LA Sports, and you can stream all the games all season long on the iHeartRadio app keyword AM five to seventy LA Sports. Asahi super Dry discovered Japan's number one selling beer at your favorite bar or grocer. I like it a lot.
Speaker 9: Gami's on it, Aami's on it, Aam's on it, Gami's on it.
Speaker 1: What am I on? I'm on the stream movies and documentaries and TV shows. So much content out there. I'm amazed. I like scroll through and I'm like, never heard of that, never heard of that, never heard of that? And then you do you want to invest the time in it? Well, hopefully I'm going to help you make that decision. I get referrals from friends on things to watch, and I like to watch a lot and then refer it to you. So here's my latest. It's called Straw. It's on Netflix. And as I mentioned, I think it should have been called Jeniah's Terrible, Horrible, no good, very Bad Day. Remember that book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, very Bad Day. And I thought that, like from the right, from the get go, I'm like, man, she's having a bad day. Tahaji p Henson or love her? Of course I said her name wrong. It's Taraji p Henson. She amazing actress. She's a mom on the edge. She's working two jobs to try to make ends meet. She has a sick child, and then her day just goes horribly wrong. And that's from the get go, and just go wow, and then you go nothing more can go wrong, and then it does. She loses her job and her child, her apartment, and that apparently breaks the straw, that breaks the camel's proverbial back. That's I'm guessing that's where they got the name. Sherry Shepherd is also in this. You know, I never loved her in like on the View or wherever I used to watch her, but man, I loved her in this role. Sometimes this is it's over the top. I mean to Taraji p Henson is, like I mentioned, having the worst day ever, and it just snowballs. It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse, and then I feel like they kind of take it too far. But I still think Taraji is so good. I mean, like you see her desperation, you see her pain as she's trying to navigate this impossible situation that I'm not going to tell you about. Is she good, is she bad? Is she a little of both? You take that journey with her, and I will tell you there were times where it breaks your heart and then it kind of warms your heart. And I cried a little bit, but I cried a lot of movies. But there were some parts of it You're just like wow, because I think like we all want to be seen, and I think she felt like she wasn't seen and it's painful, you know, So you kind of take that journey with her as well. Now I'm gonna put the caveat on this before I say that, I think that you should go watch it. I saw mo Kelly just posted on it. About it on Instagram and he said, I don't think I can finish this movie, so he obviously didn't like it. I thought it was good, like I said, I think it was over the top. Taraji p Henson fabulous as always. It's called Straw. It's on Netflix all right. Time to get in your business with Bloomberg's Monica ricks in for Courtney for the next couple of days. Hey, they're stranger.
Speaker 3: This feels like deja voo, doesn't it, Amy King.
Speaker 1: I know if you're a longtime Cafi listener, you'll remember a little Monica used to be a part of the Cafe News team. So and now you're in the big city and filling in for Courtney with Bloomberg. So welcome to wake Up Call. Happy to have you for the next couple of days.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get in your business. I saw this and I was like, Starbucks is charging, but now it's changing how it charges for drink modifications. So tell us about that.
Speaker 9: It's introducing a flat eighty cent fee. It's going to cover any combination of yeah, just eighty cents.
Speaker 3: It's going to cover.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, if you want an extra pump of vanilla or maybe some mocha in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's just going to be an extra eighty cents.
Speaker 9: And if you want macha chi dried fruit, those are going to be priced by the portion, So maybe an extra scoop of match is going to cost you an extra dollar.
Speaker 1: There will be some.
Speaker 9: Limits on those though, to keep costs from going too high. But you can just test it all out on a new feature in the Starbucks app.
Speaker 3: You could put your order in. You'll see how the price changes as.
Speaker 9: They modify the beverage, and there won't be any surprises, so you'll see how much everything costs right up front.
Speaker 1: I hate that everything extra personally, that's me.
Speaker 9: But if you're adding a bunch, you know, an extra three pumps of vanilla and oat milk, and you.
Speaker 3: Know all the bells and whistles.
Speaker 9: Who knows people's drink orders get ridiculous at Starbucks, say.
Speaker 1: They are weren't they didn't they do something where they were going to kind of cut back on that. They were like going, you can't do the triple machiata extra foam, but no foam with ice and a whip on it.
Speaker 3: Why do they hate money?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, good point. Good point, they're probably not going to change it. Okay. So a whole lot of people want to get out of town, and it looks like that trend is not going away anytime soon.
Speaker 9: No, there's a new survey by Boston Consulting Group and it shows that leisure travel spending could triple to fifteen trillion dollars by twenty forty. Now, surprisingly, this isn't just international jet setting that we're talking about. Researchers say domestic travel is projected to generate the bulk of this revenue, and right now it's about at about five trillion, so again tripling in the next fifteen years. Millennia and gen Zers now the most influential travelers globally. They're planning more trips, they're spending more money compared with older generations. And it looks like solo travel has now become mainstream as well, because these younger adventurers are seeking cultural experiences. They're going to spiritual retreats, wellness retreats, and they're picking those over those traditional beach vacations that we all love.
Speaker 1: Okay, And if they don't always want to be solo travelers, they might want to try a dating app and apparently high end dating apps are the way to go right now.
Speaker 9: Yes, they are thriving right now. The sector seeing growing demand and sales as more single shell out a ton of money to really to find the perfect mate. Demand for personalized dating service and matchmakers is also growing, and that's obviously going to be more expensive, sometimes even into the six figure range. Yeah, I know, but they're doing a lot more of the legwork. They're vetting people for first dates or doing those criminal background checks that you know the average person can't do, and they're pairing people based on their preferences. So they've got this big database and you know, you know, if you're a certain religion, you want a man of a certain height, they're gonna facilitate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't what you pay for, Amy King? Well, which is why things still single. Okay, what are we expecting in the markets today.
Speaker 9: Well, the markets are most market futures are mostly trending green right now. After a big rally yesterday. Dow Future is up three points right now, Nasdaq Future is up eighty two s and p futures also up nine points.
Speaker 1: All right, Monica Rix, getting in your business with Bloomberg's own We'll talk to you tomorrow, right, yeah, all right, great here wait, have a great day. Thank you you too. Always loved Monica. I think she has like one of the coolest voices in radio. So fun to have her on kfi's airwaves again. From the LACD Council's declared a state of fiscal emergency as it faces a projected billion dollar budget deficit. The move clears the way more than six hundred layoffs and cutting more than four million dollars from a fund to help city candidate campaigns. City officials say the budget gap is because of January's wildfires, overspending payouts from lawsuits, and lower revenues from business and tourism taxes. A federal judges ordered the Trump administration to hand over documents detailing the actions of the military in southern California. It's connected to the state's legal fight against the federal government that challenges President Trump's deployment of thousands of National Guard troops and marines in La NATO leaders have agreed to hike each member country's defense spending to the five percent President Trump had been pushing for. The leaders have also expressed their ironclad commitment, as they call it, to NATO's collective security guarantee that an attack on one is an attack on all. Just minutes away from Handle on the news this morning, the former governor of New York is not going to be the next mayor of New York City. Right now. Let's say good morning too, ABC's Bachia Chris. So, how much damage did we do in those air strikes? Apparently depends on who you talk to.
Speaker 8: That's right, it does. And this is the early assessment coming from the Defense Intelligence Agency, really the earliest that it could have possibly come, as a full battle damage assessment is still being conducted. And this report from the DIA, according to two sources familiar with it, suggests that the Irani nuclear program was only set back by a few months. And that's quite a different interval than years, which is the interval that the Israelis have used to describe the damage that they think has been done to these programs. So it's a significant new piece of information. As we sort of parse through everything that we're hearing, the President continues to say that the US quote obliterated the program. The Defense Secretary says the same, and the White House is basically said that this report from the Defense Intelligence Agency is a low confidence report and it came from sources who had political interest in leaking it. So that's what the White House has said. I think it's important to note that this report is making its rounds on Capitol Hill. It's been shared with members of Congress who will see it. We haven't got their reaction just yet. It's very sensitive the contents of it, and no one's really supposed to be talking about it. But this is where we are, and it'll be sort of fascinating to see how Washington reacts to it as we learn a bit more.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of predictable they're going to react to it. So, Chris, I have a question for you this early assessment, has anybody been in to see or how do they make this assessment without actually getting feet on the ground to go and see what kind of damage was done?
Speaker 8: Right? Well, sources and methods are something that the intelligence community will never share, how they get their information and how they make their findings, how they produce their reports. So it could be any combination of human intelligence. It could be shared intelligence. Of course, the US and Israel and others shared intelligence regularly, but nobody is on the ground there, not even the UN and it's atomic washed on the I A e. A. They're demanding access, you know, as soon as possible, but Iran won't allow that. Of course, around as a country that's been at war under tap by Israel, so it wasn't expected that inspectors would be able to be at these places. But now the international community is applying pressure to get there and see physically what happened to these facilities. Now THEDIA report gets into a bit of that, but again it's not with physical eyes necessarily, or it may be physical eyes who pass that information along. But they say that the facilities themselves, the infrastructure of the centrifuges that enrich the uranium deep under the earth, that they're largely intact at this point, and the entrances to Fourdeau nuclear the one that's deeply underground and was hit by the bunker busters, that those entrances were damaged, but the actual infrastructure remains intact at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, and does the in the report anywhere does it say that the bunkerbusters actually didn't penetrate I mean, if those centrifugures are still kind of intact. It sounds like the bunkerbusters didn't do what they were supposed to do, or did they maybe miss their target.
Speaker 8: Well, I think that that that that could be it. I mean, it's it's hard to say that we haven't seen the report, of course hasn't been shared with us, worth speaking with people who have seen the report. As far as the precision on that exact point. The centrifugures were always thought to be hidden in a location that you wouldn't be able to understand from satellite imagery. It's a highly secretive location Florida. Of course, its existence wasn't even revealed until two thousand and nine, This nuclear site under Mountain, So where those centrifugees were something that you know, the targeters may not have known. They targeted ventilation, they may have targeted power sources. So the actual enrichment hall hard to know whether or not it was actually struck in the attack, but the fact that the centrifuges are intact would suggest that they weren't hit.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then this morning, Chris Iron's Foreign Ministry spokesperson came out and said that its nuclear installations have been badly damaged by those air strikes, but they didn't elaborate necessarily on that, so what badly damaged means is still to be determined.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I mean, I think this has become an interesting game to track the language that everyone's using. You know, the Defense Secretary used the word devastating, and you know the President used the word obliterated. So there's just some you know, just to parse. It is very interesting. I think it important important source to look at, as the IEA because they're the independent watch dog. And I'll just read you this because it just came across that the White House sent to reporters a statement from the Israeli Atomic Energy Commission that claims the US strike on four doh quote destroyed the site's critical infrastructure and rendered the enrichment facility inoperable. So that's an interesting development, the White House sharing what the Israeli authority on the matter says, which which of course conflicts with what the DIA assessment reportedly said. So it is a fascinating game to watch unfold.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, ABC's Chris Baccia, thanks so much for the information. Appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Thanks, yep, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. The La City Council's approved a second loan, this one for more than seventeen million dollars to cover overtime costs for the LAPD officers who had to work lots of extra hours during anti ice protests. The money's going to come from the city's reserve fund, and apparently the LPED is going to have to pay it back. It'll cover overtime through the end of the month. The cost to the City of La for the protest is up to more than thirty two million dollars. News brought to you by Sellers Advantage. California lawmakers and Governor Newsom have finalized a budget to address a twelve billion dollar deficit. The budget avoids major cuts to healthcare, but frezes new medical enrollments and adds a thirty dollars monthly premium for patients with what it calls unsatisfactory immigration status. The deal does protect funding for higher education. A new report shows a lot of millionaires popped up last year.
Speaker 4: The number of millionaires in the US grew by an average of one thousand people a day in twenty twenty four. According to new data from UBS. The Investment Banks newly released Global Wealth Report twenty twenty five shows the US saw the fastest growth of its millionaire population of any nation worldwide. China came in second, adding around three hundred and eighty millionaires a day. The report says real estate values were the the largest single driver of wealth growth worldwide. Deborah Mark KFFI News.
Speaker 1: One thousand millionaires per day. Were you one of them?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Me either. Langer's Delis dropped its fifty cents per egg surcharge. It was implemented in February during the egg shortage that was brought on by the bird flu. Owner Norm Langer thanked customers for their support and understanding. The daily, famous for its pastrami sandwich, opened in nineteen forty seven. In August, Remember, Langer threatened to close because of crime and homelessness in the area, but later decided, Yeah, We'll stay open. This is KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County, live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. I'm Amy King. This has been your wake up call, and if you missed any wake up call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app you've been listening to Wake Up Call with me Amy King. You can always hear Wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI Am six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeart Radio app