Speaker 1: Hey, you out there there, want you can tell that they have sometime? Hey, cloud chasing, that's cool. Cool, I actually got something to mind, So keep rusting.
Speaker 2: You'll find down out.
Speaker 1: This is a Touchdowns and Tangentines your week week spot or NFL Coach.
Speaker 2: And Context for the what's up good people? Touchdowns and tangents here, fresh off a week off your Thursday Night spot for NFL takes topical tangents. We got a lot to get to tonight, everything from the NFL Combine breakdown to previewing free agency. But yeah, man, football season really only takes a month off and we're kind of right back into the swings with the draft and off season. But in case you didn't know, I'm Pd Camrio.
Speaker 1: And he is Kenneth Barry Freshly thirty three. Damn, that's right. We haven't had a podcast since your birthday.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, it's been a hell of a couple of weeks. Lots of peaks and valleys. But yeah, I don't know you want to say anything about your birthday before we jump into the combine. Oh it was great a true.
Speaker 1: For people who are Christian, you know, thirty three is like a super serious number because it has to do with Christ and all that. And also like my older sister was like, damn, you were older is Jesus? When he died, I was like, that's not funny. And of course we laughed hysterically because it's like when we were kids. It's like, Hey, when you're thirty three, I'm going to be this, and when I'm thirty whatever, you're going to be that.
Speaker 2: And now we're all here and I'm just like flies, thankful to be here. Though. Yeah, man, so NFL, come on your initial thoughts takeaways.
Speaker 1: Ironically, I think none of the corners ran below four to six this year. What Nope, just a couple of safeties, but like none of them. All the corners ran like sob four four four three ran a four to two. This is incredibly fast skilled group. The receivers, Matthew Golden, I don't think anybody saw him running the four two nine. You might be a top ten pick now some running backs. All the running backs ran great forties, Donovan Edwards being one. Raheem Sanders said he I figured hed run four four What do you mean there's a bunch of corners that ran and so forth? For no, I'm saying none of them ran a four to six. Oh like no corner at the I don't know they A lot of them ran sub four fours, sub four threes, sub four fives. Very fast athletic group this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's kind of the case collectively. I mean, you have offensive linemen running four nine s five one. You had d lineman running fastest ship too, four four sevens four five six. I mean if you look at the edge, there's only one player ran over four eight. That's pretty crazy. Yep.
Speaker 1: And yeah, people really sleep on how athletic off of the linemen are. Like the North Dakota State off the tackle had a thirty six and a half vertical. They're receivers and dbs who don't have that.
Speaker 2: I mean, like even of that.
Speaker 1: I got thirty didn't have vertical means you can dunk on an NBA court. I don't think people understand that concept. Three hundred pounds men running five one forties with elite vertical leaping ability and quick twitch, Like, I don't think people realize how athletic these offensive linemen.
Speaker 2: Are at every level. Look what I mean, Middle State.
Speaker 1: Dude, even like the d tackles, I mean like four eights. The slowest time is really like a five too. Yeah, the Guard's only two people that were in Lott Short ran slower than the five too. Yeah, that's the slowest tackle man, like a five to four. And a lot of guys Florida Center, oh, a lot of Carolina Center. Oh yeah. And then a lot of guys just didn't run you and Travis Hunter wasn't going to perform. People kind of crap it on your door, Sanders.
Speaker 2: Which.
Speaker 1: Draft time exposes a lot of race, like draft.
Speaker 2: Tar Cooking, Tyler Show both and four.
Speaker 1: Six, Seth Hanan for seven six all three. I didn't even think he was that fast, But that's cool. Brady Cook's a good development for I feel like all three of those guys are good development, great money, like six seventh round picks that you know might be able to develop into something. And then you also, who was the second guy on Shall Yeah, yeah, he might earn his way as like a backup.
Speaker 2: They say the Raiders fucking love him.
Speaker 1: Han Seth Hannigan too, all time quarterback and touchdown thrower in mephis history, only QB who actually stayed all four years. Really in like the past seven years, he's like the only one. Everybody else transferred or came from those school.
Speaker 2: It was kind of crazy, yeah, I mean overall.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you were talking to me about it during the week, but I mean the running back class is pretty crazy itself.
Speaker 2: I mean, just look at all.
Speaker 1: The guys who ran four fours check run back running four three two. There's at least ten guys who.
Speaker 2: Ran four fours. Fifteen that ran four fours.
Speaker 1: It's probably one of the deepest running back classes ever. Two from Virginia Tech. He looked really good at all Senior bo week. He was really physical.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect him to run a four three two though, Like, that's pretty good for him. Strot Smith four three nine, it's a good time for him. R J. Harvey for four that's a great time for him as well.
Speaker 1: Two hundred pounds former quarterback five nine.
Speaker 2: And he's fucking solid, like rock solid. He's not a dude. Do you want to run into junkins running four to four eight?
Speaker 1: Henderson ran a four four three, don if it ever running four four five saying four four four, oh damn, which is crazy because he's already like a game speed guy. But he got speed speed. Yeah, home run Threat speed Marshall Lenz speed.
Speaker 2: Etn with the four to four to two, I guess, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, he can't beat his brother at a forty, but he's still really fast and the receivers. DeAndre Thornton ran a four to three flat at six four two hundred and five pounds, Yes, and he led the country to twenty five yards to catch twenty five point four. So it's like, yeah, check that box off. Golden could have had a better combine. Isaiah Bond said he was gonna break the record and only ran a four to four to one, But it's like a four to four one is like elite speed. Like if you run a four to four, you're already in the top five percent of fastest people on earth, So none of the lab it's nothing to sneeze at. But it's just like, I mean, maybe he needed to say that, so he for solidified running a four to four, which is nothing wrong with that, Like, I mean, him and Jayde Blue said they were gonna run four was Jayson Blue ran a four three eight. Texas running back John A. Barron ran a four three nine. He's probably gonna be a top ten pick at corner for sure. He didn't give up any touchdowns this year he had. He gave up like thirty seven receptions for two hundred and eighty four yards. That's insane. One of the greatest seasons ever for a Texas dB.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Shout out to uh Kyle Williams La Area grab for four. Jayden Higgins was a guy people really liked at the Senior Bowl. He put in a four four to seven, came midrano at a four four to six A linebacker Johnie Campbell, the Alabama linebacker ran a four to five to two. He can go anywhere from top ten to top fifteen. Terrence Fergus him put in the four sixty three. His gauntlet drill was fucking cheeks, though I don't know what happened there. But he's also kind of a clutch gamer kind of guy. Did you talk about seventy year ran four nine five Who Arizona tackle?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Junior in the four nine and five, which was actually kind of surprising because he's big as fuck. He's a I mean, honestly, the bazoom tackle in a four nine one. Yes, he got compared to like Jason Peters. He measured in a legit six four like three thirty, so he might not have to bump down the guard. He might just beat the number one right tackle, Kevin Banks turning five one.
Speaker 2: Honestly, some people say Kevin.
Speaker 1: Banks put in the five flat basically, Yeah, Kile Rodgers the five women who also played guarden tackle, He's really a guard, but he played right tackle this year. Chafers for I see Jalo Smith ran.
Speaker 2: A four four five?
Speaker 1: Uh what he marks? I think ranted in the four fives four six from Schamar Stewart's too great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four five nine, Yeah, I gotta give him his four or five nine respect. Yeah, and dressers don't like when you round up. Nobody likes her forty time round up. That's one of the one things you never round out round up on someone. Kyle Knard four seven three. I'm amad hasseini those Florida seven seven that's a good time for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like three Florida receivers ran excellent times. Wid receiver ran like a four three four Another round like a four four six, So Florida sure had a lot of speed. It's kind of crazy. Hat pearce all last year and then these two guys this year just burners. Damn, I was not expecting Madrona though four four six. I told him, you did tell me he didn't look that fast though, A right man. Honestly, Jeffrey BOSSI look faster than that. When are you that fast?
Speaker 2: You look at for this fast dudes who are know they're fast. I can get there.
Speaker 1: I can make up the extra half a second where it's like Bossert or four six three, So he has to be instinctive.
Speaker 2: And go now. But he looks faster than that, just not so that might actually hurt him. Tess Johnson around four or five one might that's probably gonna hurt him too.
Speaker 1: We have big hands, but he also weighed one fifty four, so it's like, get some of the best. He has a pretty good terms, but also some of the worst for a dude who's only one hundred and fifty four pounds.
Speaker 2: Who else Jayalen Smith put up at four four or five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, set that play corner safety slot cool can really do everything. Sorry, nice woo.
Speaker 2: I know you've been talking about it all week, but every time I see that those two safety times, I'm just like, damn.
Speaker 1: The starks out of Georgia.
Speaker 2: For single and M and worry the South Carolina and Safety and Kansas State Safety.
Speaker 1: Yeah one around a four three five and the jack compared for.
Speaker 2: Three seven and four three eight are the official times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was at six three two twenty. Great take, great workout, Billy Boweman with the four four two.
Speaker 2: That's a good time. I actually called it.
Speaker 1: I was like, as soon as that's all I'm running, they said un officially he had a four to four six at four four seven, I was like, four four six. You can kind of tell in the first ten yards.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, So what does all this shit mean? Basically, we're gonna see probably a bunch of running backs in the top one hundred, top one, top fucking yeah, top one hundred, top three rounds.
Speaker 1: Some quarterbacks get snacked up.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna see a lot of dbs and d Linman in that time as well, which means some receivers are probably gonna slip. I think I think qvs might even sleep slip, because I mean, if you look at it from the top, I mean, cam Ward is basically the number one pick if you believe all the sports books. I think Shadeer's odds that going number one have basically like gone up six times. Like it was like three to one the beginning of the offseason. Now it's like twenty four to one or some shit like that. Bill Carter still might go, but yeah, he could still go. The thing about the what the sports books have right now is they have cam Ward is the number one as a favorite for number one, but they don't have the Giants as the favorite to number one overall. So basically they're predicting someone's gonna trade up to number one and take him Moore and.
Speaker 1: The Giants have Aaron Rodgers on the short list. After that Matthew Stafford trade didn't happen. Shout out to Matthew Stafford for and his wife for donating all that money to Pacady to high school. Yeah it's not getting enough. There's been a lot of great people out o Pacady, No high. Shout out to Christ mc calister, Shout out yeah, Arizona legend. Shout out to Steve Keral for donating a bunch of money too. It's funny because it trickles back to I guess a scene in the office where he said if he had money, what would he do?
Speaker 2: He ended up donating Its.
Speaker 1: Like a either Alta Dina or like people affected by the ESL fires and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad people are stepping up because PP gets old a pr.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, so just overall with the combine, what other kind of big the things do you think will.
Speaker 2: Happen as far as draft because of it?
Speaker 1: What Howard destroyed his draft stock because he was terrible? But it's like you played seventeen games already tired.
Speaker 2: I mean, just like overall, like big like big things, not like specific players, just like.
Speaker 1: Oh, people really hate Shador Sanders because of who his father is kind of crazy, like when it's white nepotism, it's okay, Like nobody hated Eli as a person coming out of college and his dad forcibly.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with what you're saying. I think it's also a different time, so it's kind of hard to compare changed. I mean, we didn't really know Eli like we know Sar, Like there wasn't social media like that. Now, there wasn't nil like that. It's just it's a totally different time. Like I don't even think it's fair to compare that. Well, Like I get the premise that you're saying.
Speaker 1: Dads in his life and he didn't grow up poor, so the media can't really spend that. It's like, oh, looks the poor black kid. Like they can try to spend that with cam Ward what you know they're going to because every year of the draft that is just black trauma porn.
Speaker 2: So like I mean yeah, but also some of it is fucking real, like like there's really a lot of exceptional stories and like this is a big moment for a lot of them, like like getting that ship with like Josh Jacobs, Like there's there's a number of great stories that have resulted in in you know, this great moment at the draft, Like I don't know, Like I mean, I hear what you're saying, Like it is over exploited and this, you know, but it is also like exceptional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like what a god, what a kid likes should you don't have any red flags. He's not like Josh Rosen where people are like, oh, he's a stuck up rich kill Like nah, it's an unapologetic young black man. He got his daddy swagger and he can articulate himself. He don't need you to explain his college career to him. And people are saying, oh, he's just he's that. It's like, man, great quarterbacks, they all have an air of cockiness to.
Speaker 2: Be a better comparison.
Speaker 1: But people also did hate Rosen and he did have a lot of social media, but they hated him because he had a fucking pool and him because he was smart. They hated him because he was smart. Honestly, really, that's what it came down to me. He wasn't a bad person. His teammates all loved him. He just opinionated like brothers. But like he wasn't on some racist type ship. He was like I understand, like my teammates have tougher lives than I did. It's like you go to college to understand people and get different perspectives so you realize the world isn't just your viewpoint and you're allowed to work with people and get outside your comfort zone. And I feel like we punish college kids for the same thing that we don't hold adults accountable for, which is weird to me. That's why it's like kicking in some of these kids back. You don't like how they interview, well, they've never done that shit before, and you don't know what they're asking because we already know these these teams asked disrespectful ask questions. So when your mother was a sucking dick as a crack horror fig like, we know that exists, and we we know it exists not just for black players but some white players, but acts some real sketchy shit too. So let's not sit up in an act like like Warren Tapp said, the combine is a place where you go to lose.
Speaker 2: Money, for sure.
Speaker 1: So I just think people are really kicking in your doors back and it's like, Okay, where's your journalistic credibility and saying this through the bad prospect because literally his tape is great in spite of the fact that he's been sacked.
Speaker 2: Like one hundred and fifty times. I think my thing with this is just like the opportunity was ripe before shoulder. I mean, the way he's positioned as like this, you know, all time competitor and a guy who just likes to compete and win. Like, I don't know, it's just like you had an opportunity to go to the combine and throw and yeah, you're right, like odds are against you. But if he would have went there and fucking ben lights out, I mean, Jackson dark wasn't even perfect, but people are glazing him after the combine. What did I tell you? And for a year now, what did I say? I mean, you've been talking about Jackson Darty, but it's like you now that you're just fucking it back.
Speaker 1: Well, I still think he might be the outside dark horse to be the number of world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but people are talking about him going into the Todds Haend. You're saying he shouldn't even go in the first round.
Speaker 1: No, that's what you've been saying. You've been saying, that's what the other guy said that I told him. You've been he said he won't go. I said he's going. You've been saying some team's gonna overdraft him. You've been saying he's gonna You've been saying he shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Go that high. Though he been saying shouldn't go. You've been predicting that he's going to go that high. And you've also been saying that he shouldn't go that high.
Speaker 1: Yes, he should not go number one over, he shouldn't go top five, he shouldn't go to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: You've been saying he shouldn't go in the top fifteen. You've been saying, like first round, you've been saying like he's a fringe first round, like you probably shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: He's definitely a fresh He's definitely a first rounder. After the Senior Bowl. He's definitely a first rounder because they need like there's too many teams that need quarterbacks. But you're saying he shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't see it.
Speaker 1: He has town on ability, but Lane Kevin has never had a quarterback making in the league he coached.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so anyways, back to my point what I'm saying is, you know, a hat your dirty run out there has the work out of his life. He would have easily secured the number one pick spot. So I think for me, like, I don't think that should take anything away from him, his tape, his body of work, as you mentioned, all the things he's been able to do in spite of all the distractions, all the transfers, all the injuries, all that stuff. And also like I feel like he just left a gooden opportunity to be the number one pick up there. But that also might have been strategic because, like he's been saying all year, like he wants to go where he wants to go. Whether or not that's be number one, I mean depends who trades up there.
Speaker 1: But Joe Burrow had nine in chance and he proved how stupid during a QB's.
Speaker 2: Hands is.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jared Goff has in the playoffs more times than not, and he has small hands, ridiculously small hands for six or five rames.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of crazy, but I mean, you know, people just gotta realize that these quarterbacks are different from the quarterbacks of old, and that I mean it's a preference for him.
Speaker 2: I mean I would say, like even if you took like the the midst of the mad prospects that you could think of in the last ten years, I mean, Shred was right there in the middle, right, Like, I mean, he's I would say, he's got more upside than like Gino did coming out. He probably has has a better resume than you know, Teddy be coming out, Like.
Speaker 1: He has a better resume. He probably a lot of quarterbacks actually, So yeah, under that Jackson state, he set records on Colorado two schools that hadn't had success, and like, but.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like, if you plotted all the first round qbs over the last ten years. I think Shadera would be right there in the middle. And I don't think that's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's just everyone wants to put it in the context of last year's draft class or whatever.
Speaker 2: But it's like you can't go back to last year, right, And if you go back two years, it's like half of those guys they were trying to get rid of already.
Speaker 1: Lake Willa is the only one looking worse than anything in that draft class.
Speaker 2: And what party. I guess you're talking about three years ago. Okay, I'm talking about two years ago. I'm talking about Anthie Richardson and what not. But I mean, if JJ McCarthy comes out in the struggles this year, they could get him the fuck out of here, and he was just a top ten pick. Yeah, you know, bo Knicks might struggle and now they're gonna bring a veteran in year three. Bocks pretty solid. He said, no, But I'm just saying, if he comes out and struggles next year, they could easily get a veteran to compete with him the next year. Like that's just the way the fucking game works. Like none of these guys are are set even when they're you think they're set even when they made it. I mean shit, look at Sam Darol.
Speaker 1: He's on his fifth life six probably, so you never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But you just got to focus on what these guys can do and focus on what you the organization have to bring to get them there. Like that's really what what the formula is. It's not fucking rocket science. It's just getting out of your own fucking way. And yeah, just just to go back to your points. Like I feel like I feel like he's getting unnecessary hate, but I don't even think it needs to be in the context of you know, race or who his father is. I think you can just break it.
Speaker 1: Down to the tape, like what black quarterbacks face the most, Like this is this is a problem. It's like they want him to be a poor ass black kid. It's like, bro, like there I know kids who didn't grow up in the hood who are tough as fuck like that. They just want him to be humbled. They want him to be what the yeah which is yeah which you're speaking to. It's like having a woman in a position and like she's in leadership and like instead of deferring to her you defer to the next closest male to her, which is a microaggression.
Speaker 2: So it's like everybody can be seth carry that's that's like, you.
Speaker 1: Don't there's no such thing as a perfect quarterback prospect because hell Andrew Luck ain't even gonna make the Hall of Fame. How'd that work out? And one of that, what I'm saying is everybody thinks they know what the perfect QB prospect is until their career turns out a certain way. So let's stop acting like he could be great, Like yeah, he's under the tulages of Tom Brady. But like these quarterbacks have, people are.
Speaker 2: Mad at these quarterbacks, be mad at.
Speaker 1: The rules that are in place that in bolt that empowers these quarterbacks now because guess what, you have to be an athlete a quarterback now who can throw.
Speaker 2: And you're you're seeing more and more of that.
Speaker 1: You're seeing guys who have athletic footwork, can move, they don't need to run the ball sixty times, And really that's elevated the athleticism with the entire game because look at.
Speaker 2: That, that's really what we've talked about at the beginning, is.
Speaker 1: Terrence Ferguson had a great draft, by the way, probably the best tight end prospect outside of his Gonland was trash round a four to six three though, but Golland was trashed. Who cares, he can drop like two balls, bro. I mean, I think I'll be all right. I think tan Ferguson will go somewhere and be a steal.
Speaker 2: Well. The thing with that is this drink classes. The tight end draft class is fucking deep. He got Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like, there's gonna be a lot of tight ends that say, I know you've been saying that, but I think this, this combine really solidified that. The Pittsburgh tight end, the Nebraska tight end, somebody's gonna fall in love with him. I mean, it's there's a lot of athletes who can fill a role, and that's where the league is going.
Speaker 2: It's not going back to the.
Speaker 1: Old way of we're gonna we're gonna have a big ass.
Speaker 2: So the rosters are bigger and more games.
Speaker 1: There's more games. The offenses are, you know, packing more packages.
Speaker 2: More slow feet don't eat so yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but you can't be slow as hell out here and think you're gonna play this.
Speaker 2: That's not the game.
Speaker 1: They're Madrono ran a four four six bro. Nobody's talking about it. Why because we've seen like twenty five linebackers run four fours faster than that. Well, I think rynebackers were four threes. I think with the I hope what I hope the Chiefs taught everyone from this experience. And honestly, like, I don't I don't get it. I don't know why this lesson hasn't been learned already. But it's like, you need more than five offensive lineman. You need more than five quality starting offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: You need a eight just like D. Just like the D line. Now you have an eight seven eight man rotation rotation you need you need, you need a rotation offense, like I don't know why we haven't seen teams do that. I mean the same thing with the forty nine ers a few years ago. Their offensive line collapsed late because they were just banged up, you know, and and and playing on line is tough enough, but it's even tougher when you're banged up, and it's even tougher when you're playing at that high level, with that high of stakes. I mean, the chief said, I mean, in all their Super Bowl runs, there are just signing tackles the last week. I mean one year they signed it.
Speaker 1: Remember when they signed Eric Fisher like the last week, like for the third time, like since he's definitely a bust man.
Speaker 2: The sad thing is, I don't even know if you can call him a bus because that whole class was such a bust, Like he might be the least of the bust of the bus bro Luke Dracau was the next Pig Joko whatever. That whole trash. The whole class was trash. That whole entire class might be one good one, we don't remember that. I think it was like Shanon Richardson or someone.
Speaker 1: Like there was a couple of Pro bowlers, but even they flamed out like after five ors years, Like the class was crazy. Chest he's still in the league still.
Speaker 2: I think he's not.
Speaker 1: The other guy, Shodon Rankins is still in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shoton rankings, but he's fifteen. That was thirteen. Anyways, all right, what else college football?
Speaker 1: UH? Pro days are coming up. As far as college football, there hasn't really been a lot. I mean said Big Team Media Day is going to be in Vegas.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 1: Teams are canceling their spring games because they're turning into the NFL off season, by the way, shout out to see something basketball was actually doing very good.
Speaker 2: Oh. I think that was one thing I was going to say too, that the point that you made earlier about like, hey, you know, these these are kids, they haven't been in there. Like I would have given you that cop out before in IL but now at this point, like these guys are million dollar businesses, Like they have teams, they have people. So it's like at that point, like I can't give you that plea anymore because now you got the paper in the resources, how you use it and how you prep like it's one thing, but at the end of the day, like you have more than anyone else that came before you. I think the thing that's getting lost in translation is that like the old isn't tying into the news as much. I feel like there's some resentment there that is kind of blocking off this new generation from really reaching that full potential because now that they have the resources, they don't have the same kind of you know, soft re sours just education, mentorship, things of that nature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a part of it, but also just the landscape is becoming more business like and these kids are gonna stop pretending. Like, Bro, there are dudes making fifty million dollars a year strong for sure streaming, and.
Speaker 2: That brings and that brings me to your life it's been a.
Speaker 1: Waste because I literally could have just been doing that, And that brings me to fucking my My point to the point that you were making right now about how lot of them are getting rid of their spring games, it's like, yeah, because, like I said, they're million dollar businesses, right, so you don't want to get them heard lose it one two.
Speaker 2: It's like they're so sensitive and things are so much in play. It's like.
Speaker 1: You really can't afford to have your you know, fifty million nil guy get beat out by a walk on. You know, like it's not a good look anymore because at that point, it's just a wasted resources. And that dude's probably gonna transfer and he's got so much club that he's probably gonna take somebodies with him.
Speaker 2: That's just kind of the culture. And we've seen that.
Speaker 1: Some more college football news. Yeah, so Jeremy quite called out Oklahoma for canceling their spring game. He's like, so you're just not gonna highlight the young guys who have improved, the guys who are stuck around and like they need that confidence boost of being in front of a crowd of people and performing well. You're gonna take that away from him. Like the spring game is very vital. I feel that that makes sense. I think I owe you a lot later. I think that also applies to the fans. I mean it's it's a having a Crimson combine.
Speaker 2: Instead it's an easy, you know, cheap event that's really for your community, Like that's what it should be about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also it's it's kind of let's be on the spring games were just licenses to print money.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying. It was great pr though it's not even just that it's licenses to print money. It's you're building up that height, You're building up that that train.
Speaker 1: Like the Big twelve has their combine. The SEC does never combine yet, but the Big twelve does. The Big Twelve combin is gonna be very interesting too.
Speaker 2: It's like that's that's an advantage that college football had that they're now getting rid of, because what separates X college football fan from X NFL and is that whole Oh well, we have this this guy coming up, or that guy coming up, or this guy is battling for a position. All that starts with the spring All that starts with these fans being tied into the process earlier and often than the pros, where the pros is more exclusive, more elite, more thing college robows you know, it's regional. It's more accessible, like you're supposed to be out there.
Speaker 1: And one of my earliest memories as a sports fan, which is why you're just a USC fan as a kid, I went when I was in the seventh grade, we got a chance to go to USC U LA and we got to watch the UCLA game in the USC game, and I remember Fred Davis signed my poster. He's like, well position you player. I was like, oh, lot in d line. He's like, oh line, and that's what's up. And to think, like, wait, I was talking to Fred Davis in college as a seventh grader. Like the impact I had all my life is crazy, Like Reggie wasn't there, but like you know, I still remember that era and like watching all these dudes. Imagine if there was no spring game, Imagine if USC didn't have it to where like the fans could actually touch the athletes and kick it with the athletes and have that moment. Imagine like there's gonna be generations of kids who like don't have that connect with these athletes, which is kind of gonna be dangerous. But streaming I think makes up for that. Since everybody's on twitch or whatever. We well, I it's gonna become more like you're gonna only really if you don't know these kids in high school, if you're not on huddle all day long like I used to be, then you're not really gonna know who these people are exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing that really kind of ties it all together. Like, obviously you don't need a fucking crowd discrimmage. Obviously these guys are scrimmaging against each other every day. But just having that day on your calendar marked of like, this is a day I get to show my ship to everybody that does something for you that creates a competitive toughness in you and create it all. And going back to the and yeah, and going back to those USC days said those games were legendary. And I didn't even go all those big programs, all those big organs at the time. Those spring games are legenda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like and even with the combine, there's like there was like a hundred people that actually have fans there. That's the biggest day of their life, and like it cans turned into a money making event. That's why more cats are opting out. I'll just do my own private workout, yep. I can run forty anywhere. I don't need to do it in Indianapolis. That's why so many guys at some point went just to show up. That's why I'm like, why would.
Speaker 2: I go to the car? At some point it might not be to the benefit of the players, but at some point you're just gonna have to get rid of the age of it. Like you're just gonna have to let the guys who really are pros you go through. You got to keep it, No, I mean you don't. Bro, you don't.
Speaker 1: Nineteen year old ap would have got ship.
Speaker 2: You don't. But you don't. You don't have to keep it. You have to don't, bro football Why you have to keep it? Why it's different you.
Speaker 1: And eighteen would have got folded by twenty six.
Speaker 2: I'm also not.
Speaker 1: I'm also not Let's go back in time, let's find eighteen. Yeah, But then here's the thing. There was no avage, There was less of an avenue for us when we played to.
Speaker 2: Do what some of these guys are doing. There was a lot of ship going on. I couldn't get there's a lot of ship that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just weren't like, we weren't privy to it and they were all people were cheating back then. They just wasn't talk about.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is, at the end of the day, we gotta stop pretending college football is about the fans because these players, frankly, are not buying into it. And it's their right, it's their bodies, you know. They these colleges have been profiting off the likeness and bodies of these players for long enough. So that's that's all I'm saying is at some point we gotta stop pretending like we care about these fans because all these traditions, all these things that we care about, these players are slowly giving less fucks about And at some point you got to have that conversation of Okay, well, why are we doing what we're doing If these guys are making fifty million dollars, if they're making more than the NFL already, like, why not just go let them go to the NFL because up like the NBA, and you don't want that. The NBA has just has a worst problem. NBA is kind of trying to BA. The NBA's problem is different because they're forcing players to do that and so to go to college or they're going there and so a lot of them are flaming out. But that's how you use fault. A lot of them are just you know, wasting their time. They're just playing thirty games, not going to class, and they're the fuck out, Like that's how you used They're just like why the fuck are they there? And what I'm saying is we're gonna be seeing a similar thing in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's why you have to keep the age limit because it's the only thing keeping keeping the bad guys away from the door. Like, once you do that and anybody, yeah, but that's what you gotta say, anybody can go pro.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying, So what's what are you really saying that? What I'm saying is what why do you need to protect people that are elite at their own thing and they're already making the money anywhere.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna be like you might get one dude who could play out of high school.
Speaker 2: But it's not the least job to make sure that these people protect their body or their wealth. Like they clearly have shown that they don't give a fuck about that, So we gotta stop acting like they're doing that.
Speaker 1: Because they have flag football initiatives that have other things going, there's a funnel system for everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody can go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Like once you take out age limits and all that, then you're gonna have people just thinking.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could do this.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's gonna be like another we got a bunch of sad ass stories of dudes who never made it.
Speaker 2: We already have those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have you do you really want a bigger problem that that's not gonna change that.
Speaker 1: It won't change. I just don't think people they don't want to handle.
Speaker 2: It'll be like I don't be like MLB.
Speaker 1: You'll have some you'll have, uh, you know, the two percent that make it and are great instantly, and you'll have the ninety eight that don't, or that get.
Speaker 2: Lost or that try to go back to college after a year or two.
Speaker 1: But I mean, also, I think you have Naia and I think you're gonna see more guys staying at that level or going down to that level to put up like gaudy, insane numbers. I think you're gonna see more people because like a lot of these kids aren't getting scholarships offered out of high school.
Speaker 2: There. It's just a lot of them are going to transfer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're only they're looking at like eighty percent of the portal. It's like twenty percent of guys are getting scholarships, and how many actually stay from their freshman and sophomore year, like, especially depending on position, especially depending on an il because shout out to Dan Landy. He's got a fat contract extension. I think he's making like eleven million a year now or some crazy ass number. But Texas Tech just open up two hundred and forty two million dollar football facility Texas Tech, of all places, I mean, that's not surprising. It's Texas because.
Speaker 2: A barber Technology.
Speaker 1: There's a barber shop and a podcast studio.
Speaker 2: So we need to go to Lubbock.
Speaker 1: I guess the Belichick has North Carolina players practicing with no jerseys. Yeah, I saw that, like the Patriot numbers, and I'm like Okay, bro, all right, how are you going to know who's making a play?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: How are you going to know? How are you going to differentiate? I mean that's what they do. Jersey numbers are differentiate who's out there and who Isn't they been dominating on games?
Speaker 2: Well they did that with the Patriots one too. You could easily put tape on their helmet. Three. Ideally you should be that should make your coaches know who the players are more like, you should make them closer. Bro.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why a bunch of players left Alabama once Nick Saban said he was out.
Speaker 2: Cats.
Speaker 1: Cats want to get prepared for the league. Cats nowadays have more in common with Tom Brady than they do Belicheck. The only thing these young kids are gonna be. These young kids a gonna look at Bettlecheck and be like, you have a I think you need to think about this point a little bit more because it's getting a little I don't know what what I'm saying is like all these older, old school antiquated ship like, Okay, Bill, that's cute. You can do that because you're in North Carolina. But that's why you didn't get another NFL job. That's that ship's outdated. Bro that some of those some of the practices are outdated. And let's be honest, his girlfriend is old enough to be college with his girlfriends what like twenty two or some ship twenty four?
Speaker 2: Like what do we say that? They're like, no, it kind of does it? Kind of does?
Speaker 1: You saw Blue Mountain State, you watched Irban may Ohio State. You understand how some of this coaching shit goes behind the scenes. He's preaching old school ship to these kids, but then they watch you have a fucking young girlfriend who's honestly, he is probably only a couple of years older than them. Like some of these cats, like the backup linebacker for Alabama, uh d m Kaitlin de Bor's fucking daughter got kicked off the team. Like these young cats are going to tune out some of these old school things that he's trying to teach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but these young kids don't give up.
Speaker 1: But the whole thing about lineage like that, the whole thing about that traditions, the whole thing about they're gonna think that's stupid.
Speaker 2: That's not why he's doing it, though, why he's doing it for the league. That's that's why I'm so confused on what point you're making because it's like there's gonna be It's not like he's been out for fucking ten years like Joe Gibbs. He was only out of the league for one year. There's no other coach who can go into a living room and say, you want to go to the league. I've dominated it, pet Carol. I've set the standards. Nobody else I'm talking about in college football. Nobody else can go into the locker room and tell can go into your living room and say, I know what you need to get ready for the league? Do you because you're not in the league anymore.
Speaker 1: I get what you're saying, But he wasn't the league longer than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Who's in COLLGE.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 2: You combine that with with u nc's fucking big pockets and Jordan Connections and all the white holes there, and people are gonna buy in because that's the same thing too. The same thing of what you're saying is like, yeah, I go to Florida State.
Speaker 1: You're telling me to do this old man ship, but you got a young girlfriend, nah that I guarantee you. There are a bunch of fucking nineteen year olds who are like man, Bill Belly the go you see his bitch. You know there's motherfuckers having that conversation. Bro, I want to bring up I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to let's really talk about it. I want to be around here, fucking Notre Dame football player. I want to be around Bill Belly. He gonna teach me how to get a thing twenty years younger than me. Like, that's gross.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to think twenty years younger than you was a nineteen year old college kid.
Speaker 2: I want you to think about that statement. See how that doesn't track well. But what I'm saying is that's that's something that they're in. My bro, Bill Belichick is running through.
Speaker 1: When Bill Belichick runs through these young girls more than DiCaprio does, let's just keep it a bean, and college is a nasty work, bro. They just had a scan, they just finished up a scandal North Carolina. So let's not sit up here and act like all these young kids are thinking what he's doing is cool. No, some of these cats are going to the league no matter what school they go to, because they're just that goddamn good and they're gonna look at all the no jersey, the no numbers on jerseys and all this other shit, and they're gonna be like, Yeah, those rules aren't gonna apply to me. I'm gonna go to Georgia and ball out. That's what I'm saying. So, yeah, some people want to work. But if he doesn't have any success and it, he'll be a failure. We're gonna look back and the first thing people are gonna say is he's out of touch. That's the first thing everyone's gonna say. He's out of touch. And he's hypocritical because like, it's not like you have a seventy year old wife, Bro, you got like twenty year old twenty four year old chicks that you're out here smashing that your teammates could probably be smashing like people are Like, people are going to talk. It's college football. It's dirty business. The ACC is already in trouble football wise, like with the CFP. By the way, they just added five new people to They cycled in five new people for college football, one of him being former Michigan coach, Michigan State head coach and College Football Hall of Famer Mike D'Antoni. He's one of the new committee members. Let me see, there's a so thirteen. It's going to be a thirteen person committee this fall. The marit and athletic director Damon Evans, former ESPN College football reporter Ivan Micel, Middle Tennessee State athletic director, Chris Maasorrow, former Ole Miss All American tight end, and Panthers great Wesley Walls are also going to be the group. They're bringing back USA Today sportswriter Steve Weiberg for one year. Turner replaced Gary Pinkel, who's a legendary Miszoo coach. H he's stepping down for other commitments. Wiberg actually served on the committee from twenty fourteen to twenty seventeen. And also the crazy thing is Belichick offered Larry Lariy Fitzgerald's son Devin scholarship. He's class in twenty twenty six. All right, anything else you want to say about college football before we move on?
Speaker 2: I think that is all right.
Speaker 1: Well, moving on to the east side to uh so, all right, damn, don't die, don't die, bro, lift your feet up. Jesus Christ, all these fucking chords are cross. You did you kind of like drag your foot I was like this man, about.
Speaker 2: The look at these fucking chords across. Yeah, so what are you saying, bro? The chords are fucking cross.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's about to snap his ankle and this is gonna be bad.
Speaker 2: You know there were people that literally had this job to lay fucking chords for decades.
Speaker 1: Yes, and people still snapped her to fucking skill. Bro, Yes, it is staffers.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Uh so, Trey Henderson, I'm gonna do this because you're gonna suck it up. Let me do the take your chance, let me do let me just suck it up. I'm not read that list that totally I write this.
Speaker 2: Let's let's see.
Speaker 1: Let's see all right, Let's Seahawks cut wide receiver Tyler Lockett and they say seven wrong, Bro, they say seventeen million dollars by this is this is wrong.
Speaker 2: This is what hell you should have did it? You gotta do like one as the definitive moves.
Speaker 1: And one as like the specuative moves. You got them all mixed up right now, we'll just read the first one. So you're gonna make take your tangents. The definitive one, I mean kind of have to.
Speaker 2: Touchdown. You got cutting people got traded. But do you understand between definitive and not. Yes, So like DK getting traded would be exactly you might would go in one you want to be traded, that would go in one category versus Taylor Lockett was already cut. Yeah, but this sparked it, so that should be in touchdown or turnover because we're gonna say if that's good or bad versus take her tangent, it's more like speculation. Okay, do you gotta take him getting trade? Trade DK?
Speaker 1: Him getting cut is why DK wanted the trade. That's what sparked it. That's why I have those two right behind each other. But if anything, that makes it worse, because why would you put them right after, right next to each other if they're going to be part of the same same if they're gonna come up Now that's the same series between each the same series of moves. But it's also a fair question like do you have a take on it or you're a tangent on it? Because clearly they thought it was a touchdown. That's why they cut his ass.
Speaker 2: Okay, But see, this is why I wanted to do the segment because I already had a strategy in my head of how I was going to organize it, I screw it and go for it.
Speaker 1: All right, So Tyler Lockett got cut, saves the Seahawks seventeen million take her tangent. I think it's good for both sides. You're not gonna pay ty to Locket that much money when you already have other pieces of our offense that are outperforming him, and he can go somewhere and get a nice little bag to finish out of his career because he's still a hooper, he's still a baller. And Jack Jackson Smith and Jigma is the future of that offense at receiver. And if you have to trade, you know DK Again, they're receivers in this draft class out here running four three flats and four two note and ship with great ball skills.
Speaker 2: So the the.
Speaker 1: The hardest part for these receivers who are great or veterans is that, like there's a whole new draft class and coming to replace you.
Speaker 2: There's nothing you can do about it. Yeah, I think I think this one is hard for Seahawks fans because he's a legend. He's a legend, he's been there for so long, he's part of the Super Bowl teams. But I think more importantly, like I think he was part of the last one lost when I lost, I thought he was that think he was on the one where they won. He definitely wasn't. I don't even I'm pretty sure he wasn't on that team that they lost. Either might have been like the next year. He might be right. He might have got drafted that year that they won they lost, he might have. He might have got drafted the year.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's like year nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anyways, I think Tyler Lockett is just kind of a I don't want to say martyr in Seattle, but he was just like the first kind of like number one remnants of receiver that they had in a really long time.
Speaker 1: One of the best draft picks ever too. He was just such a big playmaker in the return game, short passes, long passes, like he just brought a different element to Russell Wilson. I think that's kind of like he was kind of like the catalyst for them transitioning from like a you know, Marshawn offense to more of a Russell Wilson off So there's just a lot of fells there for Seattle fans. But the reality is, like you said, this Seattle team, we've basically been counting out for like three years. They've been overachieving since they got Geno.
Speaker 2: Basically, Tyler Lockett has basically been phased out for the past three years. Now you're going in the second year of a new head coach, which he had actually a pretty solid year last year, so it almost seems like a good time for kind of a soft reset, And I think that's what we're going to continue to see out of Seattle, with both the Lockett, you know, being released and DK ultimately getting traded. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 1: Lockett ends up, you know, with the Raiders for obvious reasons, or the Rams, but even the Rams or the Chargers could make sense.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh, next up, we got a Max Crosby got a three year extension one hundred and six million ninety one point five guaranteed, the most guaranteed money given to a player who is not a quarterback. So take her tangent.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna count that man's pockets or hate. He took advantage of the market, he stayed loyal, and now he's getting market value. Even though I Michael Parson's just gonna get a hundred million guaranteed for sure. Yeah, he probably twenty million guaranteed. Yes, because he's alised two positions, he's got a way higher athletic profile, and he's younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean.
Speaker 1: If you just break it down, like he hasn't been hurt like that, and like when he's out, the complexity of the Cowboys defense is different, whereas like.
Speaker 2: Max then Parsons Tursday co No, he did not.
Speaker 1: Partons did not Thursday CEO, but he did. Nah, he had some injuries, me injury or whatever.
Speaker 2: But when you just break down and look at.
Speaker 1: That drushing market, Yeah, they kind of had to do this Max's deal. I think it just helps because he's in his prime. He got clean, he had an All Pro a couple of years ago, he had an All Pro season. He's you know, he's proven to be a franchise lynch pin, and I think just the timing was perfect for him to get paid. And I'm happy that he got paid, so salute to him.
Speaker 2: So I think for me, on one hand, as you mentioned, you know, he's been a Star Wars, a Star Wars in the community for the organization. He's been a voice for the locker room. He's been a stating factor getting sober, really came out of nowhere, has helped bring the past first summit to Vegas, mentored a lot of the different defensive linemen that have been out of there. So I think he's he's definitely earned this contract. I think it makes sense for the Raiders because, as you mentioned, Parsons is going to get paid, Henderson is going to get paid. So whatever, if they would have waited another year or two, they would have had to beat those deals.
Speaker 1: So at least you get in front of those deals. Now keep Crosby, as you know, basically a.
Speaker 2: Positive asset, and as you mentioned, he's been on a bargain deal, said all the right things, done all the right things, So I mean, I'm happy for him. At the same time, he's also coming off his worst season. He also dealt with a lot of injuries. He's getting older and Wilkins. We don't really have much around him on the defensive line, and Wilkes is coming off an injury, so we don't even know what he's gonna look like.
Speaker 1: They have two hundred million dollars invested in the dealing and the two people, so that's the work and it has to work fast.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the day, like right or wrong, like it's the buck's gonna stop at Crosby like this, this is what what he's really signing. All right. Next up, we got the Bears trading for Joe Thuney and Jonah Jackson. Take your attention. That's a steal for the Bears and Ben Johnson. Now it's like.
Speaker 1: There's not much pressure gonna left tackle because you already got I think you put Thony. You can put Thoney at left tackle. Honestly, you can play all five positions. You can put Thony at tackle still probably trade Andre James hopefully, but Jonah Jackson will play left guard he slidi finds that spot. You can either put Thony at right guard next to Taylor, which would probably superchargeerr O line, or you put Throny tackle. But I think you have two guards who completely elevate that line, and they need the center and they probably need another high caliber tackle just to like improve the O line and get some depth because like the guy that got a left tackles like six' nine or six, whatever he's.
Speaker 2: Pretty, good but he's still.
Speaker 1: Unproving and then the dude that they got out Of yale behind him as a project. Player so it's, like, again a good offensive line goes about eight.
Speaker 2: Deep, YEAH i think for The, BEARS i, mean we've seen them go through coaching regime, changes you, KNOW gm, changes all these different changes over the, years and we've seen them bringing different. Quarterbacks you've seen them attract big name free. Agents what you haven't really seen them do is like completely rebuild the offensive. Line they're always just kind of adding pieces, here adding pieces, there you, know trying to scrap things. Together BUT i feel like under this, regime you, Know Ben johnson's is proving the offensive line is a priority and he's putting it together right. Away AND i think that's a good sign For bears fans has something to be excited. About it's one thing to, fail it's another thing to fail and keep doing the same. Shit, FURTHERMORE i, mean last year they made a lot of moves at the skill, position signed a bunch of. Guys SO i, mean assuming they heat those guys add to the, draft there's enough Around caleb already. There you just need to be able to protect. Him and, DEFENSIVELY i mean they always seem to find. Guys they always seem to put a great defense out there regardless of who they lose or don't lose in free.
Speaker 1: Agency SO i, mean, yeah IF i was A bears, Fan i'd be feeling better THAN i have a long, time. Honestly plus now you could probably go get an edge or maybe even the, safety or trade back out of your, spot or just take most. Available by the, WAY i was thinking The tennessee, Players James pierce running the four four. Seven but everybody's saying he is the worst character of everyone they've ever like talk, to which is kind of. Crazy like they, said he's a he's a walking gray.
Speaker 2: Flag all, Right, yes We Bobby, wagner we signed with The commanders touchdowners running over.
Speaker 1: Touchdown they can still draft his, replacement but he solidifies that defense and they can still get guys and build around take, attention just a, touchdown turn out the fuck.
Speaker 2: This amateur, Hour.
Speaker 1: Jesus but, anyway so, YEAH i think it's great For Dan quinn and what he wants to. Do you don't let a guy like that, leave especially when you're in AN nfc title, game you're a one game away from a Super. Bowl you don't blow that roster. Up, now you just develop, talent maybe trade for some discroner veterans who want to get, paid and you fill out that fucking. Roster you go on to, run go, go you. Go you call Up Davante adams and be, like bring your ass To washington Because Jade daniels will be throwing you the. Ball i'm, saying, like Imagine Taylor, Scary, Terry Deebo samuel on the, Slot Davonte, adams and then they probably draft a tight. End definitely gonna pay some old lineman.
Speaker 2: Or draft some old.
Speaker 1: Lineman like The commanders are really in a perfect.
Speaker 2: Spot, yeah, bro all you needed to say was was all you need to do is give a quick take your tangent because you talked about like three other things that we haven't talked about.
Speaker 1: Yet know What i'm, Saying like the way they're built their roster icketed and like they got competent.
Speaker 2: Veterans look at all the. VETERANS i got, IT i got. IT i got the. Point i'm just. Saying it's a.
Speaker 1: Lot it's a great decision and a line of great decision making for The commander's.
Speaker 2: Franchise salute to them your teasing. Stuff we're not even gonna get to worse Than venom Teasing Spider man and never Having Spider man in the whole, trilogy which is fucking crazy to think. About only mean that much of a tease is kind of Despri, wow the fact that we wasted so much time on a great series Of venom and liked it and didn't ever Get Spider. Man that's fucking.
Speaker 1: Crazy you really wanted to say that he's tied into The marvel. Universe?
Speaker 2: Now did you did you watch the last? One? YES i.
Speaker 1: DID i just watched it. Yesterday, okay did you watch the First it's? Over they said it's, over it's. Cooked did you watch the first?
Speaker 2: Two? THOUGH i literally watched the first two with. YOU i literally went to the theaters and watched the first two with. You did? You, YES i don't. Remember, YEAH i don't know you were. THERE i for sure watched the first one with. You i'm pretty SURE i watched the second one with.
Speaker 1: You you don't be watching, movies AND i know you don't be watching nothing.
Speaker 2: More, YES i do be.
Speaker 1: Watching by the, way youre gonna Watch The punisher because it came out, APPARENTLY.
Speaker 2: I Mean Dared devil definitely not what the fuck is wrong with? You? Bro he's In. Marvel this is What i'm. SAYING i don't watch it just because you have to Watch. Marvel it just. Dropped what is it On? Disney watch it just because it's it's we're Watching Darren devil together.
Speaker 1: All. Uh, Yeah so the next ONE i was gonna get to, was, uh Deebo samuel is getting traded to The. Commanders but, yeah BEFORE i, was BEFORE i get to, THAT i was gonna say shout out To Bobby wagner for being his own fucking.
Speaker 2: Agent he's.
Speaker 1: Done really what from? That and shout out to a FUCKING I e. Legend but, yeah back to to What Legacy High? School, no he went to call me same, ship same Fucking, patriot you know WHAT i man anywhere like a four?
Speaker 2: Force, no it's not at. All but you, KNOW i don't even know where The Legacy High school. IS i don't know either high.
Speaker 1: School it might be A Bishop, montgomery that might be that might be a school that sounds like a, school but it's not Actually.
Speaker 2: Samore, yeah there you, Go Jesus, christ AND i still hit. It let's. Go you definitely. MISSED i still hit THE i still hit the BAG i. WAS i wasn't even at the. Back so now you're having for the. Bag, wow, low very low. Expectations huh, yep all, right uh deevo to all, right, Man so touchdown or Turnover kenny first, up let's just start with some of the obvious. Cuts Joey bossa basically being informed that The chargers are gonna let him go in the first day of the new. Year touchdown and.
Speaker 1: Turnovers touchdown for the forty nine ers when they put The poster brothers.
Speaker 2: Together. FACTS i think that's what we all want to. See so let's just make it.
Speaker 1: Happen Plus harker use The niners are they're gonna let him, Walk. JULIE i don't know they got a choice because.
Speaker 2: They Got Drake.
Speaker 1: JACKSON i mean we already kind of talked About jovon Hark that front seven is a mess, Though, like, yeah for, Sure but, yeah, man they're forty nine ers Letting hardgrave go touchdown and a turnover touchdown.
Speaker 2: De lin bro they could end up with that six Seven.
Speaker 1: Kentucky de tackle's giving me those vibes because What armstead is still?
Speaker 2: There? Right, no he's With.
Speaker 1: Jacksonville oh ship they did get rid of both of, them and they have An armstead And. Buckner, yep.
Speaker 2: All, Right Uh Davante adams getting cut by The jay that's touchdown and. Turnover.
Speaker 1: Touchdown jacksonville needs a, receiver especially since they cut everybody But Brian. Thomas jus, Right, aaron Keep Brian, thomas don't don't take hob And.
Speaker 2: Row you were, right you're a. Visionary. Yeah i'm just gonna say it's a touchdown For davante because there's a lot of teams that.
Speaker 1: Could use the. Services like he's Pretty brisia. Down he can fit in a lot of different. Offenses he can put anywhere where you have a quarterback who can throw the. Ball basically The, texans.
Speaker 2: Even though they never MIND i wait to say that one The.
Speaker 1: JAGUARS i, mean The raiders are Cutting gardner mission touchdown or. Turnover Thank, god you should have never signed his. Ass could Have Michael Pennicks. Jr right, now but, no and quite, FRANKLY i would Take Michael Pennicks junior over every quarterback in this. Class i'm gonna say it's a touchdown, too only because as it was obviously saved them fifteen million, dollars which they pretty much used to help keep. Backs so, yeah let's say it's a Touchdown, Michael, yeah and they might Trade michael may here.
Speaker 2: The eagles re Signed Zach. Baum touched or, turnover that's a super.
Speaker 1: Touchdown elite middle linebackers are very hard to come. By and it's funny because this dude was always like a good linebacker in college out Of, wisconsin but then they had him playing, edge and then he was playing the edge for the sat he got drafted by The.
Speaker 2: Saints, YEAH i, know.
Speaker 1: And like was playing edge there and it's, like why are you playing he wasn't Playing, Yeah it's, like why are you play him an?
Speaker 2: Edge?
Speaker 1: Bro he's a middle, Linebacker and then that's why they were. Playing like he played middle linebacker for The eagles and now looks like one of the best middle linebackers like in the. League he's like, Perfect he could play the, pass he can play the, run and he brings value to that. Position so Like i'm gonna say it's a touchdown, Defense i'm gonna say it's a touchdown because The eagles have been cycling through linebackers for about twenty. Years even though you know they cut Old, boy.
Speaker 2: They're always pulling guys off the. Scrap he drafting guys. Late Damn. JEREMY i tried to trying to figure it. Out but now you got a. Cornerstone you got a couple of other people you can build, around and all you have to do is Cut Darius slay to do. IT i didn't know that was on the.
Speaker 1: List that's not, fair and haven't stopped ravant. Up WAS i supposed to know you were gonna say that that was like over a week.
Speaker 2: Ago we haven't had a podcast in two. Weeks, okay then don't get mad at. ME i was supposed to say that. Anyways you don't even Like Darius.
Speaker 1: Slay, yeah if The raiders shown himself twenty minute dollar, contract you be.
Speaker 2: Hot fuck he's exactly making like a million last. Year but, yeah The eagles Cut Darius slay And James bradberry touchdown and.
Speaker 1: Turnover Brad. Berry he lucky he Got they. Lucky they lucky they like him because they could have cut his ass before the. Season as soon as they Drafted Quinon mitchell And cooper De john they could have just Cut. Bradberry let's just be. Real they won That Super bowl because his ass was not on the. Field let's just keep, that keep that there for a. Reason, Yeah i'm gonna, say do not sign him. Please, Yeah i'm gonna say it's a touchdown. TOO i, MEAN i think if anything's shown you these past For Super bowl.
Speaker 2: Teams is like you need young corners who can, cover like you need young. Corners corner is not an old man's position.
Speaker 1: Anymore, see corner may go through like a running back phase where it's just like nobody wants to spend money at the.
Speaker 2: Position you're just gonna see you're gonna see a more younger guys coming through obsolete Though i'm not saying it's. Obsolete What i'm saying is players are gonna be. Looking teams are gonna be looking to build around young. Corners they're not gonna want to pay corners a fifth of their defense if they know they can just get, one especially if these dudes are running that. Fast every year, speaking you're gonna start seeing a lot more teams streaming their corner.
Speaker 1: Position speaking of, paying you're forgetting about the biggest news on The eagles that we haven't talked. About WHAT i, MEAN i can't say, it go for. It The eagles Made saquon the hosh running back in the. League they're gonna look for one and a half million dollar contract extension or something like. THAT i gave him an extra like fifty million.
Speaker 2: Dollars he has a touchdown because obviously he bettered himself and paid.
Speaker 1: Off crazy because you said he was gonna be a busting out of the. League you say it was. GARBAGE i never said.
Speaker 2: That your first ever said the first four years. SAID i never said, that you hate. IT i never said.
Speaker 1: THAT i SAID i didn't know if he was a gold jacket kind of, guy which is a guy that you have to take in the top.
Speaker 2: Five that's WHAT i. Said and then when he was, hurt like year, Two year three said he was training towards the, bust as did, You and you also said the same when you was, Here jacobs was.
Speaker 1: Better before the playoff year you were saying the same. Thing you were, like you're kind of, right he is kind of looking like a. Bust those were your exact, words because that office was dog. Ship those were your exact verbata until he got.
Speaker 2: All. Right, anyways moving, on how was it? Right, no there's a fucking, line. Bro The browns Restructured watson touchdown or turnover the.
Speaker 1: Fact that they're still home forty six million, dollars like shout out to his. Agent his agent is a, legend like his Agent Kirk. Cousins it's gonna go down in The hall Of. Fame like they need to be in economics. Classes they need to teach that in elementary.
Speaker 2: School what he.
Speaker 1: Did David, MOUGATY i think that's his. Name he's got a lot of dudes.
Speaker 2: Paid you got the. PAID i think.
Speaker 1: He.
Speaker 2: Got he got that man forty six million. Dollars they still got to pay. Him, YEAH i MEAN i think IT'S i don't think it's a touchdown just, because like you, said you had that money you had to pay. Him at this, point he's probably looking like your journeyman or bridge guy to push your.
Speaker 1: Rookie what a fall from, Grace SO i mean you needed a guy on the roster. Anyways why? Not there's never been the worst fall off To Deshaun. Watson, no not THAT i can think, of because people were really talking about him as The Michael jordan quarterback from college from, college like bro his fall off was worse than.
Speaker 2: Mcnabs can we just lump all comes into that yeah two to at well re signed for ten million dollars with The. Rams touchdown and, turnover that's dope. Touchdown he's a good number. Two, three he's a good number two To. Pooka, Yeah Tyler locker would eat. TOGETHER i think it's a touchdown, too only because it's only a one year. Commitment so you kind of see how he does With cooper cup now. Out he's basically gonna be the number two.
Speaker 1: Receiver he stepped up last year when they needed him With pooka and cup, out so especially you just kind of hope he can build on.
Speaker 2: That but either, way like it's a good bet on. HIMSELF i think The jaguars Traded Christian kirk within the division to The texans for a seventh round. Pick touchdown and.
Speaker 1: Turnover we're gonna look back and realize this man was a catalyst for all these receivers getting paid stupid. Contracts it really was like he got his bread and he got traded to a team with a better quarterback and a better.
Speaker 2: Offense how did? That how Did Colik kingsbury fuck up all Those arizona people being At? Arizona, like how did you fuck that? Up? Bro? Like how did you not keep a? Son raddick And Christian kirk they're both From. Arizona Bro like they. Left like that's just crazy for me to think. About, Yeah millick hasn't gotten paid. Yet, STILL i know it's. Crazy Jamal williams got cut from The. Saints touchdown and. Turnover he had one great. Year, yeah seventeen.
Speaker 1: Touchdowns it didn't average four yards to.
Speaker 2: CARRY i hope he still gets to do just for the just for the. CULTURE i hope he gets a deal for The.
Speaker 1: Raiders he's gonna end up on The. RAIDERS i hope he just ends up with a team any other. Ones Trey hendrickson can look for a. Trade touchdown or turnover you Already gonda talked about.
Speaker 2: IT i forgot the biggest. One, actually but, Yeah mike Or, yeah he wanted to.
Speaker 1: Trade he wanted. Out they were't gonna pay me at seventeen and a half sacks this. Year they also Gave Jermaine.
Speaker 2: Pratt. Uh he wanted to get permission to get traded to look for a trade as. Well he asked for that like two weeks. AGO i think, no but they granted it to him till they finally gave it to. Him, YEAH i just think it's crazy, BECAUSE i, mean two years ago they were looking like a dynasty and now potential we don't even know what they are. Crazy all we know is they're gonna Have Jamar chase And Joe burrow and, honestly that still might be A Boles murphy. Idea, yeah still might be. Enough, YEAH i got a young.
Speaker 1: Defense but also they got to keep they gotta keep The Nebraska Tayleum Taylor, britt Cam Taylor. Britt they gotta keep him locked. Up they gotta keep. Him, Also, uh The vikings didn't franchise Tag Sam, darnald so he's gonna be a free.
Speaker 2: AGENT i, MEAN i think that was always gonna. HAPPEN i, MEAN i know O'Connell doubled down and said he was a part of the, organization but it's, like you have to you can only devote so many resources to the quarterback, position and if he's the kind of quarterback whisper they say they, are then you have to go all over.
Speaker 1: McCarthy he's gonna go back and try to redo A Daniel jones Or Jimmy garoppolo or any other one of these reclamation projects he'll bring.
Speaker 2: In jamis should be good for that locker. Round we already kind of talked about it earlier, too BUT dk requested the trade officially touchdown or turn.
Speaker 1: On thirty million a. Year that's a, turnover, bro who's gonna pay you thirty million a?
Speaker 2: Year you should have just been quiet Medcal, no he's. Not, yeah you've been hating on. Him IF i. Have IF i, had you been hating on him since the because.
Speaker 1: Because he guy's no, JAIL i would put him at tight. End and even when he was liked for him was living like a top eight, receiver you were like quietly hate on it because he's inconsistent jolly runner four three, three that's, great but you have no, chili strong as ship. COMPLAINING i was just put his ass at tight end and just let him run underneath routs all. Day he doesn't consistently beat press. Coverage alexander, like it's a lot of guys who have not helped themselves think they're gonna get. Traded and this dude ain't worth thirty, million which is. CRAZY i don't know who told him he's worth thirty million a. Year i'd rather give tomonte thirty million a. Year just give him one hundred and twenty catches a year at, LEAST i know he'll. Produce If fonte. Produces you still had a thousand yards between two teams, too, sorry ass. TEAMS i think like nine touchdowns that's the key there. Too, sorry it could have had like fifteen touchdowns this. Year he only had one touchdown with The raiders and they got like eight with The jets or some shit like.
Speaker 2: That all, right last, ONE i think once you can think of any check your. List But Jimmy johnson retired from broadcasting, touchdown, turnover touchdown. MAN i didn't.
Speaker 1: OBVIOUSLY i was born in ninety, two SO i didn't Follow Jimmy johnson like. That but just seeing THE u and watching all the documentaries on all the stuff he. Did but like really, Him Harry Howie, Long Kurt, menefee.
Speaker 2: They were like.
Speaker 1: They were like The they were like the old UNCLES i didn't KNOW i. Needed they were like father figures in football to, me watching them and listening to their expertise and sometimes Watching Jimmy johnson And Terry bradshaw go at each. Other Terry bradshaw always fucking With Jimmy, Jimmy jimmy crashed.
Speaker 2: Out it was.
Speaker 1: Funny, well it's just really, dope but it's also sad because it's, like, damn these guys are all going to.
Speaker 2: Retire SO i know it definitely how he, Might howie and Straight ahead will be around.
Speaker 1: Longer it definitely ages you thinking about, that like thinking about how we've seen them age.
Speaker 2: Just in the broadcast for, real and that's really like their second career is. Crazy third career he has. Crazy and on that same, NOTE i feel like Man terry had like that whole health hang a couple of years. Ago he's had a couple like slips that he, said Like, JIMMY i, mean he's just he sometimes just, Looks, oh he just looks like, tired like he doesn't have the energy that he used. To LIKE i, remember like twenty years, ago like he was just radiant On, fox like he would just sucked you in like every time he, talked and you, know more, recently it's like he's just kind of. There AND i, MEAN i think.
Speaker 1: That's what you could say about that whole group because, honestly like that group was kind of like the inside THE nba team for THE nfl in terms of like they all kind of played at the same. Time they all kind of, played had different, approaches different. Positions you, know they were all kind of, rivals so they all kind of took those like jabs at each, other but they were all really knowledgeable and. Insightful the difference is obviously being On. Fox being in, broadcast you have a lot less leeway AND. TNT i, mean the way they produce that show is they kind of don't produce, it like that's kind of the whole. Thing but you can't really do that with broadcasts just because the stakes are a lot. Higher you, know the ads got to be a lot, tighter you got to get in and out of things a lot tighter because you, know with cable you're talking about you, know millions of dollars hundreds of thousands of dollars for as.
Speaker 2: Spots with broadcasts you're talking about tens of. Millions, so you, know think just a higher. Stake but, yeah, man shout out To. Jimmy yeah he's. SHIT i mean you say three. CAREER i, mean we don't even talk about what you did In, Miami.
Speaker 1: LIKE i was talking About, MIAMI i, KNOW i, know but he Was Actually i'm just saying like he was a hooper in his.
Speaker 2: Product but What i'm saying is, like we don't even, like you, know that's not even like the first thing we think About miami is like the third thing we think of about when we think about, him ship fourth.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, yeah so it's, crazy but, yeah, man shout out To. Jimmy his coaching tree is crazy.
Speaker 2: Too anything else you want to? Say thinks about? It do you check your? List we didn't miss, any Said Sam.
Speaker 1: Darnold probably a couple, more but it's.
Speaker 2: Touch on next week where you could just unlock your phone on the.
Speaker 1: List let me see That's Alex.
Speaker 2: Kappa there you. Go, SEE i knew there was one. Woman even though he left the league holding. Penalties Alex kappa got cut by The, bengals which we alluded, to but The raiders signed up for a two, year eleven million dollar.
Speaker 1: Contract touchdowneratun over H it's Only anna touchdown because he fits more of what The raiders offense is gonna. Do he wasn't really a fit for The. Bengals that was like he's like a. Bully he's LIKE Jp, jay like he's gonna bully. Guys, yeah to be the greatest in past. Protection, now to be, FAIR i, MEAN i think that is what We what we said when the signing happened was, like we get. It you want to build Around Joe, burrow you want to get more bodies in front of but it doesn't exactly fit what you want to. DO i, mean he went a ring With brady and and speak at with The, buccaneers so that obviously made.
Speaker 2: SENSE i don't love the, money but it's not bad. MONEY i, mean five years for a potential starting guard is not. Bad and in theory he can play both guards and maybe even a little bit of, tackle BUT i wouldn't want to see him at, Tackle so it's it's not a bad.
Speaker 1: Signing he's a guy that our our Friend ray has always loved due to his humebolt tize.
Speaker 2: On Bulch.
Speaker 1: State BUT i THINK i think, again WHERE i get lost is like he's off his worst season and you signed it.
Speaker 2: Instantly, yeah they're better, guys and, honestly.
Speaker 1: In tier offensive lineman is probably like the four strongest position on the, team so it's kind of an access at this.
Speaker 2: Point but my takeaway from it, is you, Know james might not just be, gone But parham might be gone as. Well james should have been, Gone parham might be gone to.
Speaker 1: Trade James parham And Michael may here. Together all, right let's wrap up rants what you got to.
Speaker 2: Say oh, yeah blessed to see thirty Three, marian her birthday just. Past she's almost.
Speaker 1: Seventy it's, crazy like that woman taught me how to read and, Write like my mom was always, there but like my Aunt Mary anne was an extension of, that like when they say it takes a, Village like my, grandma my grandfather before he, died My Aunt, maryanne My Aunt gi and my, mom like those four women are like the core of.
Speaker 2: What raised. Me and.
Speaker 1: You, Know i'm just thankful they're still. Here my grandma's birthdays on the twentieth of this. Month heicey. GANG i think that's why me and my aunt and my grandma get along so, well because we're all the same. Time it's just funny because like my, grandma my mom and my two, aunts like they'll bring up STUFF i did as a child THAT i do not. Remember my grandma about to be eighty, five and she still get mad at me. Sometimes she, SAID i remember you did something as a, kid AND i just LIKE i couldn't believe. It have me dumbfound It and now my Nephew isaiah and his Brother nicholas are out here doing stuff and just putting my younger Sister chelsea through. It it's kind of. Funny shout out to my, mom shout out to. Everybody, Yeah i'm just kind of enjoying it's time. Period, YEAH i definitely can't wait to see Dared devil, because, Yeah, pete the fact that you have not, watched like they Canceled daredevil and brought it, back, Bro like people fought for that, show and now After Captain, america you're gonna need a show Like, Daredevil Like Captain american honestly could have.
Speaker 2: Killed venom and the fucking and Fucking wolverine. Movie like that's the kind of treatment they gave. Him m you don't really killing him even, though like you know What i'm, Saying like they're clearly moving away from. It they left the piece of him and they laughed enough that they can go to. It but at least this version Of venom.
Speaker 1: As we, KNOW i need to See Tom holland in A venom suit because it's, Like, bro you lost your, girl you lost your fine ass until you lost your whole. LIFE i need you to want to kill somebody who like all those sacrifice like people talk about Iron. Man bro if Iron man can come back As Doctor, DOOM i need Black Suit tom holland.
Speaker 2: CRAZY i need him to like see Green.
Speaker 1: Goblin's, face just mark out a villain because we all Know craven. SUCKED i don't gonna watch that ship.
Speaker 2: All are you? Done? Yeah all. Right the past couple of, Weeks i've been interviewing for, jobs and yesterday somebody asked me WHERE i got my WHERE i got my passion for, sports since that was clear in my. Resume, IRONICALLY i told, them you, know this past week we found out that for a long, time over twenty, Years around The horn was gonna be. Canceled and that's really where it's all kind of started for. ME i, MEAN i remember coming home second and third, grade you, know two thirty three, o'clock turning To around The horn AND pti on the second run ON Espn news BECAUSE i missed the first run at two and two, thirty AND i would just sit there and watch, it AND i was captivated by. IT i was captivated by the generalists ability to really kind of formulate an, opinion you, know gather all these different, facts share their different experiences and just interact with each. Other and something THAT i just held in the highest. Regard and THEN, PTI i MEAN pti really started, it But around The, horn you, know took it to a different. LEVEL i won't say another, level but a different level in terms of.
Speaker 1: Not just having the same two, people but bringing in people from all across the.
Speaker 2: Country and to be, honest like it put my favorite writers in front of. Me you, know whether it Was Max kellerman who eventually would move on To Fox sports and then come, back but he was really the he was really the original. HOST i Mean Ja, donde a guy who ended up moving To, academia but really put on for The West. COAST i mean the The Ja donde lounge that he would do when he, Won like that was my favorite. Shit like was just so, smooth cool and cool and. COLLECTED i, mean you Had Bill plasky just being all over the fucking, place but really bringing in that historian. PERSPECTIVE i Mean Woody, PAGE i mean it's Just Woody, page. Bro like the fact that he's still doing that fucking.
Speaker 1: Show like people Forget Woody page was the Original Skip, Bayless like they Put woody Against skip Fucking, bayless And Woody page was doing in that cold pizza he was doing on the horn and he was still riding a, daily, weekly daily column whatever the.
Speaker 2: Fuck so, yeah, man seeing that really just appealed to.
Speaker 1: Me, FORTUNATELY i, mean like most of, you like most of, US i don't have cable anymore, though SO i haven't been watching it. REGULARLY i haven't been watching it outside of whenever the fuck it's on When i'm at a bar randomly at fucking two or three, o'clock or when they play it at, night or When i'm staying in a.
Speaker 2: Hotel SO i get WHY i had to be. CANCELED i, mean they tried to revamp it like five years. Ago they added all these you, know extra different visual, elements and they tried to make it a little bit cooler and, faster AND i, mean to some extent it kind of. Worked but at the end of the, day the medium is the, message and TV's just dying and print has been, dying so it's not the same because you're not pulling in the same people from all over the, country, right these different newspapers you're pulling in these people that are writing FOR, espn and it's really just kind of becomes a promotional tool FOR espn at this, point WHICH i mean it always kind of, was but NOW i think just with the state of where media, is it's it's even more. So and then you add the fact that a lot of these guys have their own podcasts and their own YouTube channels and their own social media channels where they're already just rattling off.
Speaker 1: Opinion it's, LIKE i don't need another thirty minutes for you to rattle off an. Opinion and THEN espn is just so hyper. Opinion it's, like you, KNOW i don't need this extra thirty. Block like it's gotten to the, point it got to the point where there's so much opinion ON. Espn it's Like around The horn is like the one credible show that you watch to get non, opinion but it's actually an argument opinionated. Show so it's like that's just kind of the fucked up state of where media. Is but, NONETHELESS i just wanted to give a eulogy To around The.
Speaker 2: Horn i'm gonna trying to watch it over these next couple of months before it's canceled In, may but hell of a run changed my, life impacted a lot of people THAT i, know And i'm grateful for. IT i always remember, it and, yeah that's. It, peace