Speaker 1: Quick wit Evan within, I'll show you gone rub ahead be except with simper. We pursuing it, toddled out Shaw Shank through the sewer kid. Now we're chill in at the Eagle. Yeah, we doing it. Three your clock on the Dot. Got a habit for my house, a GOP status. Howard's turning to get tragic. Show that up multiply like a rabbit. Tune in, zon't out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm hang out with my friend rocking on the Lady, Christine, hold the lady.
Speaker 3: Ah, Yes, Hello, Welcome everybody. It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Glad to have you in the mix with us on a Tuesday. We got a fun show planned for you. I know because I was in the pre show meeting. We'll prove it with everything that happens on your radio waves here for the next three hours. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. Man, A couple different things I want to get into right off the rip. And the first thing I want to get into is that tonight is the one year anniversary of Well. I guess it's just it's Travis Frederick's annual charity event. It's happening at Top Golf in the colony. It's for the Blocking Hunger Foundation, but it's the one year anniversary of me having an incredibly awkward interaction with Jake ferguson the Cowboys tight End, and I just you know, back in the day Skin and Eye as well as KT, towards the back portion of our career, we'd spend a lot of time in locker rooms getting to know players and whatnot. And I'll just I'll go back even further. So we kind of got our start in sportstock radio. In terms of radio. It wasn't at it like a hardcore sportstock station. Was at a sportstock station the Ticket, which has a lot of fun too, so it's almost like a comedy and sports show. Then we went over to ESPN. At one point along the way, we went to the Fan, then to ESPN, and back to the Fan. But when we're at ESPN, we'd be prepping for our show and we'd be like reading this sports page and Randy Galloway would be like, what are you doing, Like, we're prepping for the show, and he's like, that's how you prep for your show? Like yeah, he goes you read someone else's opinions and then you formulate your opinions, right, yeah, I mean we're prepping for the show. What do you mean he goes get your ass in the locker room, meet the players, develop relationships, and so that became a big part of how we did our jobs. And so as time went on, especially when we came over to the Eagle, we got really far away from sports talk. We're just having fun, yeah, but when we do sports talk, we still want to do it at a high level. And so we just hadn't you know, especially me, I stopped going to Maverick games, so I was in at MAVs games in the locker room. I wasn't at Cowboy games. I wasn't doing postgame Cowboy shows. I wasn't in the Rangers clubhouse any of those things anymore. But it'd be cool for us to have a new relationship with a current Dallas Cowboy. And so I thought, man, this, you know, if you look around at the Cowboys players, Jake Ferguson is one of the up and coming players who has a big, outgoing personality, and so I thought, man, that's the guy that's the guy to target. And he knows Travis. He and they went to the same college, so there's a good connection there. He was going to be at Travis's charity event, blocking Hunger event at Top Golf, and so we went out there and there Travis was introducing me to him how to go. It just didn't go well, and it was all my fault. It was like, I don't understand, man, what happened. I'm just such an awkward person and I just my I I was only thinking about how good it would be if we developed a quick relationship with him and started doing stuff with him on the radio. And I may have just said that. I don't know what I was like. I said something like, Travis, we're just sitting there having a casual conversation. This is my guy Ben. He's a good dude and done it. He vouches for me. It's super casual. Do you guys remember what I said or however related to you or what do you think I said?
Speaker 4: Basically, I don't know exactly what you said, but I remember that it went poorly and that you telegraphed an intention of Hey man, I really just need you to come on this show and be like our cowboy guy.
Speaker 3: And I've been stalking you something something to that effect. Do you remember, Katie Well, I so, are you there for this?
Speaker 5: My memory's right. I was not on the show at the time. This would have been the first.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but okay.
Speaker 5: I do remember this story, and I'm wondering, like we were always trying to recreate, you know, back then with more of a talk station type thing, recreate the weekly interview, you know, and Travis did it better than anyone, and we had some swings and a missus here and there.
Speaker 3: Alex Rios and the Rangers comes to mind.
Speaker 4: I thought he was great man. That helicopter story he told. I think about it every day.
Speaker 5: It was good, it was good. This is the team sucked and that became a problem. So I think you were going for that angle. I think right, you might have approached him with too much of a long term commitment.
Speaker 3: It was like the moment you met him, will you marry me? That's exactly what it was. I just I'm just so rusty, so out of practice, I just went right to it. Whatever I said, I said something like, man, you're the person I most wanted to talk to tonight or something like that. Yeah, something real awkward. I remember looking over at Trev Frederick and he was like oh, and he basically told him, you're a stalker. Yes. I basically said I came here to stalk you. And he was like, Oh, I've.
Speaker 4: Been looking at you on the internet, and now that you're in front of me, I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it, it just went horribly. It played out like the eminem song Stan very much.
Speaker 5: And because it's Jake Ferguson who no offense, He's not Jason Witten, He's not you know there on that level yet good good player.
Speaker 3: I think he's a top thirty tight end in the league up and coming. There's still more ceiling to reach there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's probably not getting a lot of people coming up to him being like dual weekly or you know hey, Like, I'm sure he gets interview request here and there, and he is an interesting guy, like he's kinda got a good personality and kind of funny and things like that.
Speaker 4: I think the worst part was when Ben said if you don't work out, what about scoon Maker?
Speaker 3: That was Problemmaker's personality, Like, uh, but I just thought about it today because I don't remember exactly how it went, but it was so awkward that it never led to him being on the show, Like I totally misplayed it, like he'll be there tonight, right, yeah, so I'll see him tonight. Oh that's great, and this is gonna be so awkward for him, and he talked to Travis about this. I just told Travis how I misplayed it, and he laughed his ass off and something I there was some mom oh. I think Zach Martin was standing there too, and also acknowledge that I poorly played it, because I think I think what happened was Jake walked off immediately, and then Zach Martin goes, that didn't go how you wanted it to go. I was like, nah, no, I'm a little rusty. I don't think I did that right.
Speaker 6: Didn't You try to apologize through text and you like over.
Speaker 3: Apologize, yeah, and then I overapologize, And that's what I was just looking for right now, because I think I made it worse. You know, the idea of leave a message on someone's answering machine like swingers, and then you're like, oh, no, I think it cut me off first. Let me leave another message, and it's like we've received both of your messages, Like no, and so I and I think he might have some technology where he was able to wipe it all from my phone to where I don't know how to reach many now I don't have his number in my phone anymore.
Speaker 4: So this is great because Travis is a really funny guy. And Travis can double down and make this triple awkward for you. Yes, right, yeah, if he wants to, he can push me. He needs to, Yeah, he should anyway, So all night's tonight.
Speaker 3: The night's the night, and so Katie and I will be there at top Golf of the Colony for the Blocking Hunger Foundation, and we'll see how awkward it is.
Speaker 5: I think you usually seem just go up, be very casual. You gotta act like he means nothing.
Speaker 4: To you, you know, No, dude, just go stand next to him and don't acknowledge it.
Speaker 3: I think Christina probably knows best because this is more similar to a cording situation than anything else. How can a guy play this in the right way?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: It is kind of like Katy said, just like you know, yeah, maybe not like that.
Speaker 5: I saw you around, you around If he know that this bothers you to the point that you're bringing it up a year later on the air, like he owned you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like yeah, show he means nothing to you. Man, hope he has a good year. But whatever, dude, yeah, dude, why you sall like a scorned lover walk right up to him and then turn your back to him. What I'm asking for something?
Speaker 5: Or or you know, maybe he did you wrong, so maybe you you could make some small talk like I don't know, man, I think cowshit have taken a tight end at twelve d.
Speaker 3: He did nothing wrong. I was a one hundred percent made it awkward by like you should be on our show and talk words with us. I like you, I'm here to see you. I do like the.
Speaker 4: Idea of you going up asking why they didn't draft a tight end this year. That's all right to say, man, I do a sports show and I want to know why didn't the Cowboys add to the tight end debt?
Speaker 3: Okay, but that is tonight, So we'll have an update on that situation tomorrow. And we have another developing situation now, and this is we're going to finish this story in three minutes, maybe four minutes, So go to ninety seven to one The Eagle on Instagram or the Eagle Dallas on Twitter and you can go check out this picture I posted in the Freak after party too. It's a promo of our show. We're going to discuss that picture and we'll do that next. My god, are you still without the iHeart App? Download it right now. It's how you stream the show on the go, listen to podcasts, all of the podcasts in the massive iHeart library. Now on that iHeart app is a little talkback microphone button like when you're streaming. You can click it and you can leave us a thirty second message at any time. We use that to give away tickets. So we have a four pack of tickets to see Ghost at Dicky's. It's going to be next to August, and we are going to give away a four pack of tickets to the third person that uses that talkback feature leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and the name of the Dallas Cowboy player that then had a very awkward exchange with one year ago.
Speaker 4: We just talked about it. It was at the Travis Frederick charity event. Ben, we'll probably see this same player tonight. We were just talking. If you were here, you heard it, and now you have a chance to win those tickets again.
Speaker 3: Good luck. Everybody download that app, use the talkback feature and you can win stuff on a regular basis courtesy of us The Ben and Skin Show and ninety one point one The Eagle. Now we have some Jack Black news that you're really gonna like that we're going to get to here, oh in about twenty five minutes or so. But Ben, first, you posted something on the ninety seven to one The Eagle social media account that really got my attention earlier too. Yeah, there's two things I want to point out to you guys. So if everybody will just go on Instagram to nine to seven to one The Eagle, nine seven to one The Eagle, you'll see our Eagle Instagram account, and up at the very top you'll see two of the there's one post penned up there, but then the two most recent posts that I put up there, and they both are using a I okay one of them. Each day, Kati will send me a clip that's over three minutes. It has to be over three minutes and it's an audio clip from our show. It's some funny moments, something that happen in our show. It's just an audio quickie. But because of licensing and whatnot. I can't just go grab a picture of anything and post it up there, like it's gotta be getdy, and then we may not have the right suit. So it's like, in terms of making a thumbnail for something, it's kind of difficult. So I've started using AI and I'm having fun with it. So I went into AI and I was like, yesterday we did the story about the coyote attack and the news story, so I was like, I told AI, make me a picture that looks like a painting of a giant, scary coyote with razor sharp teeth and he's terrifying a news reporter because I felt like the news reporter was acting more scared than she needed to, uh huh. And so I just put that as the thumbnail. That's pretty cool, that's AI, right. Yeah, So now we have something there that's different than just our faces as we sit there and talk about And by the way, when you listen to that content on social media, you're helping us big time. So thank you for watching that. And so today I thought, you know what, I should go back to that. Well, I'm going to get into AI and I'm going to get it to make a promo picture for us and so, and I gave it a bunch of information on our show, and then it printed out this. It just made this cartoon. And so if you look at nine to seven to one the Eagle, go look at this on Instagram. Put it out on Twitter as well. It says local, ridiculous, weird. Those are the three of all the information that I put in there. Those are the three ways it describes our show. First of all, local, ridiculous, and weird. And then it put pictures of all of us there. And I had listed some of the things that we're into and whatnot. Did you upload a picture of what we look like? Does it go off of that? So it does, okay, and so I put in pictures of us. I put in several pictures of us, and this is what it printed out that it thinks we look like. These are the cartoons of us. Now, what's crazy about this? I never told it to have skin holding a beer? Are you serious? It just decided that you would be holding a beer. No, he's an alcoholic, so that's good. It just put up beer in his hand. I think it says on the internet that I'm an alcoholic. It can go find that. And I did say that Christina was into led Zeppelin and she plays a less Paul, right, and that's what.
Speaker 6: That have a sun burst less Paul. Surprisingly, they nailed it, Okay.
Speaker 3: I said KT likes the Dave Matthews band. It's interesting they made his face look like Dave Matthews.
Speaker 5: I'm coming across as Jack anton Off, the producer.
Speaker 3: I think he looks like verbal kent Oh from Usual Suspects. Yeah, yeah, for me, did you put that I worked in middle management? I don't understand my god, look at me box Head, Yeah, you look ripped and look at my eyes. It gave me a wont you give you? My dog Bill has an eye like that. I love it. And then for you you but I will not wear a logo on a T shirt. But my showmates absolutely pretty much always wearing a black shirt. So it's pretty much what it is. I think it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I look like a guy that you know does some stand up.
Speaker 3: I might get it. I might get a special that airs at midnight on Domedy Central, but I'll pick there nothing on HBO or Netflix.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, what I'd like all of our listeners to do is go comment on that hit the like buttoner comment, let us know of the four of us, which one looks the most like us? Of the it says local, ridiculous, weird. It's four ai caricatures of ourselves. Which one of those four? Who do you think? I think they got Christina the clothes. I think Christina is the closest, probably right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well, Katie's got all the details coming up here in about fifteen to twenty minutes, so do stick around for that. But right now it's time for this, all right, So I have some music news to get into. Are you guys familiar with a guy as a singer. He likes to wear like a ropper, and then he's been kind of famous lately because of his concerts. He'll he'll do a backflip off of piano and he'll jump off some scaldings, right, he didn he the Grammys, and a couple of weeks ago at Coach El he's doing backflips and they jumped off a big thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah don't need you won't you don't. And he's like to do backflips off pianos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very famous guy at this point, and of continder to be a wildcat singer.
Speaker 3: What is a scalding. I think it's like.
Speaker 5: A like a thing that holds the roof up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, okay, I think it's a way to describe hot water. Yeah, that's kind of what I always thought it was. So he met a scaffolding. Scaffolding, that's what I meant.
Speaker 6: I knew what you meant, though, you know, when she said.
Speaker 3: That was like, I guess it's a term. It was, but of course, but here you are in your wind up tear down turner is about to throw the pitch.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, So if I'm tearing anyone down, it's a wonder. It's more curiosity. So I went's a concert Sunday night, LCD sound system been walking out. I'm just kind of looking around, and I realized there's a bunch of guys in their twenties who have mullets and pencil thin mustaches.
Speaker 3: Yes, what is this? It's in, man, the mustache is in the Benson Boone is in. I think he is right in the wave. I don't think he's the lead card carrying member of it.
Speaker 4: I would not be a good person to know who kind of jump started all this, But I'm gonna send a picture to the group. Text thread all right, this is a person that is a family friend, the daughter, and she is dating a guy and been dating this guy since high school. And my wife pointed out, he looks exactly what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Benson Boone is in.
Speaker 4: In fact, I've seen a picture of Benson Boone and you might have told me, hey, man, this is Benson Boone.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, I guess it is. Look. October of twenty nineteen in the New York Post, millennials are bringing back the mustache.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's the mustache with the bullet though. Yes, this combination is very strange.
Speaker 3: Look at what they have. Let me see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's remember that old Jaguars garden. Yeah, and actually, man, it's kind of weird. The first round pick of the Rockets had like a seventies cop mustache for a couple of weeks when he came. When they came and played the Mavericks. The dude from Kentucky, I forgot his name.
Speaker 5: Uh, I mean this is it's very interesting. I think there's a couple things about Bevinson Moon you should know. I think he's gonna kill himself on the stage. Dude, he's gonna break his neck, like these jumps are getting out of control. Yeah, and just one slip and we're talking broken ankle or leg.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen once you go down that road and you're like, I'm the guy who jumps around it does backflips like the crowd's just gonna get bored if you don't keep taking it to the next level. Yeah, that look is the predominant. It is every look right now. Mustache and mullet, the combination is everywhere in tiny shorts. It's like in nineteen ninety two Mesquite seven to eleven and Gallaga Machine. Dude, it is. It's straight mustache and mullet. It socks, tiny shorts, button up, short sleeve shirt, tiny shorts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, be on the lookout, right, I have it arrested. Dads, get out there and throw the football. All right, there, you have it.
Speaker 3: The Benson Boone situation broken down by Kevin Turner. Coming up next, Tiny peans and Karaoke Herpes right here on the Eagle. This segment right here is brought to you by her Tato Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have. It's Brandon Hurtato's family recipes passed down from multiple generations. It's their spin on Mexicue Mexican barbecue and it's amazing. And there's let's see, there's Fort Worth, Arlington, Mansfield, now Dallas and the Farmers Market. Highly recommend you stop by her Tato Barbecue, two locations at Globe black Field if you're ever on to a Ranger game or a concert there. But man, it is so amazingly good, the greatness of her Tato. But right now it's time for this. Give me that moles quickie. Yep, quite an introll. Juwe young Um.
Speaker 5: Is the name of a thirty four year old doctor. He's in trouble, guys, jew is in trouble. He puts some tiny hidden cameras in the air fresheners in the bathroom. Is at the doctor's office, also inside of smoke alarm. Now, he wasn't caught until he had another doctor over to his house sundscrabbed dinner at the house cash and then the doctor noticed that he was being filmed on the toilet at his house.
Speaker 3: I guess he saw it. I'm not sure what happened. His wife was with.
Speaker 5: Him in the bathroom at the you know, at the dinner so.
Speaker 3: Man, the code dump on one toilet's the most disgusting thing. One toilet. Yeah, man, can't be a thing. If my wife and I had had his and her toilets, there's no way we would have lasted. Yeah, he would have been killed.
Speaker 5: No couple would have lasted except for that one who admitted that they do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's that gal's name, Megan. H yeah, Christina. Would you do hisn't herd toilets?
Speaker 6: I would not. But this camera thing is freaking me out because if they're so small that they're in an air freshener.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just have to assume cameras are everywhere too, right, I mean.
Speaker 4: Just think about whatever the reverse camera is on the back of your car. I mean that's a tiny little thing right there by the license plates, little butthole camera.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Well, in this situation, that leads to going, okay, well, if he's filming us at his house, let's go see what's going on at the office.
Speaker 3: Do we know what kind of doctor this is? An aesthesiologist? Oh my god, he's making people pass out? No wait, yeah, so if he's the guy who's taking if he picks, he also has access to them when they are totally passed out and no one's around.
Speaker 5: Thirty victims, twenty one men, nine women, Four were doctors, twenty six were patients.
Speaker 3: How many had peens?
Speaker 5: This has been by victims, just people he's seen naked because of cameras at the office.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, so after he's caught, he goes to trial. How many of the men have pens? Is that what you asked?
Speaker 2: Just?
Speaker 3: I mean, there could have been like twenty one men in this day and age. Yeah, were they all competing in men's sports and women's sports?
Speaker 5: Says nine were women. It just says nothing about she males. Okay, okay, that's not an official term.
Speaker 3: It's not I've seen it on some websites before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's official those websites.
Speaker 3: Those websites don't have an HR department. Yeah, neither do we. That's fair. Who's HR.
Speaker 5: You've seen him running around Carolyn, very busy with the clipboard.
Speaker 6: Her name would be Carolyn would uh.
Speaker 5: So after he's he goes to trial and you gotta defend yourself here though, you gotta have something. You could just play guilty, So many would do. But he's like, man, look, I was using this footage to compare the genitals of you know, these other people. Because I have a tiny penis, don't mark that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, pull the music out just in town, just in time. That's the new ending of the show, or that's what he's gonna walk in and announce to peoples. He looks him dead in their eyes, a bold proclamation as he looks coach Michael McCarthy dead in his eye, and he says, I have a time. Oh yeah, I have a huge penis marked up.
Speaker 6: On that one.
Speaker 3: I was there. It was there earlier too.
Speaker 4: Then if we're going to use that excuse, I mean, can't we just get AI to make it sound exactly like us saying it?
Speaker 3: You can it exists, trust me. I told a I to make me sound like Chris Cornell. I'm about to get Sound Garden back together, all right, Brandy Carlisle is gonna handle that. You can't get rid of her either.
Speaker 10: Umm.
Speaker 3: So is that a good excuse?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: No, No, not gonna work. No, that's not good.
Speaker 6: You got to give them a heads up intended. Then you're gonna be filmed on camera.
Speaker 3: Consent is a thing that's needed in this world, and so he would have to put his arm around their shoulder and go listen. What do you say, Kevin Jew the doctor? Yeah? What would that doctor say to his friends so we could get a look at him? You're talking about the doctor Jue youngm Yep. He would say, let me get another look at yeah. Hey. By the way, Uh, I had somebody send me and every time I say like let's go, they text me a yearbook picture of a guy and it's his name is less go h Yeah, And I'm like, I don't know if you can do that? Yeah you can. Uh, there was another dude. I mean, it's kind of like my favorite kicker has a whole young ho ku going dope. Yeah, I mean that's kind of that's a great rapper name too young Hoku. I mean that's what he's on. That's what he's throwing. Yeah, he's throwing throwing a young ho ku. Have you ever I'll be quick here.
Speaker 5: Have you ever just gone seen a leaderboard with an LPGA tournament right now?
Speaker 3: That's a weird. It's ten people named kim Oh. Yeah, it's unbelievable. Did you want to get to your karaoke herpee story. We'll save it for We'll save it for August. That's a great tea. Here's a month coming up next. In just less than four minutes, we go around the sports. You don't want to miss it. It's less than four minutes away. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 11: Now it's cool around the sports.
Speaker 3: K t tweets has all the sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have one good bit of the playoff news. The Stars won last night and they're up three to two in their series. So they'll try to close it out tomorrow night in Colorado, first round, first round. So but it's been a very interesting, like back and forth series. But they scored in the first nine seconds last night.
Speaker 6: Y'all watch any of that last night.
Speaker 4: I was in a restaurant at the beginning of it, and so I saw. I saw the first most of the first period, well three nothing, and then it was three to two, and then it was five two, and I went to bed. Okay, I honestly, I know it's Dallas Sports. Where I got home and I could not take my eyes off of the Golden State Warriors Rockets game.
Speaker 3: It was so entertaining.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love when two teams are wildly mismatched and they go ahead to head and I will watch Steph Curry play playoff basketball until the day I die, because he is awesome.
Speaker 3: What if he's still playing when you.
Speaker 4: Die, be a badass, and I wouldn't doubt it, and he'd free himself up for a big shot no matter how bad he's playing.
Speaker 5: That would mean something really bad is happen to you, or he's had a very long career.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: The Rangers are not doing well, guys. They're not hitting the ball very good now. Our guys seekers out, So I get all that, but this offense is pretty boring right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it sucks because they've got the pitching is good enough for them to win it all. It's really good, and so this could be a great season. But I saw that they see the fewest amount of pitches in the league, Like they just swing and everything. But I guess so, yeah, they they need like they need a pretty significant overhaul. I would think, why doesn't Bochie go in there and tell them not to do that anymore?
Speaker 5: Well, if that did happen because he jacked at the lineup, he put a dolly sitting seventh. Jonahymmett clean up last night, Uh huh last night, And I read this from Jamie Newberg. I didn't see a lot of the game. They apparently just took every pitch like, oh, they got two holes the whole time. So now they're all mad at Boachie telling him to take pitches.
Speaker 3: Well, the tough luck. I mean, they're absolutely in it.
Speaker 5: Though fift they make in the American League, you don't have to do a ton, but like where they're in the division too, they're a game and a half back.
Speaker 3: They're fine, but they're doing the part that's the hardest part is to have pitching. That's the hardest part, and they've got that the easier of the two sides to get his hitting, and like what has happened.
Speaker 4: Especially with that lineup, we thought it was going to be pretty electric.
Speaker 5: I think there's some reason for optimism, and that would be Corey seekers coming back. And I did see a few stats that Jared Sandler posted on the pregame show, which is great. They let Jared just go. He's got his own TV show on the field before games.
Speaker 3: It's wonderful. He does a stand up routine.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's new.
Speaker 3: They have something new every time. The other day he was just roasting the other team. It's great. They had one segment where he was a heart surgeon, and it was like, suddenly, a drama is great. So for a while I saw they had like the lowest exit velocity in the league, and so they're swinging and everything and they're not hitting a lot hard. But the thing about baseball you would kind of fall back on is, Okay, what have these guys done their whole careers? Because the most likely thing that's gonna happen is they'll do something similar to what they've always done, and so you have to think at some point it'll turn around, especially since you look at the calendar and it's a month that doesn't even start with an M. Yet it's April. Oh yes, not May yet.
Speaker 5: Thursday is the beginning of May. I'd like to promote something on the show. We'll have the best show clips from the month of April on May first. Hell yeah, tough.
Speaker 3: To remember what I just said. You can hear it again on the podcast the free iHeartRadio app. That'll wrap it up for sports, all right, Thank you, Kevin. Coming up next, Christina has got a cookie jar. She's gonna give us a book report. She did something crazy. We'll get into that story next. Don't go anywhere. But right now, it's not for this.
Speaker 8: It's time to pop the top, breach your hands in. It's grab atreat from Christina's cookie jars.
Speaker 13: Christine has.
Speaker 6: So last week I was out of town. I don't know if you noticed. I was in San Francisco for most of the week.
Speaker 4: Okay, because that girl that was in there totally did not look like you or sound like you.
Speaker 6: No, she's awesome.
Speaker 5: I love her.
Speaker 6: I remember this now, and so I gave you guys a quick recap of what all we did, all the touristy stuff like that, But I didn't tell you one of the coolest things we did, and that was ride in a driverless car. We were in a car that was driving on a road with no one behind the wheel, and I lived to survive to tell about it. So we rode in one about three or four times, and every time I thought it was the coolest thing in the world and I felt extremely safe. And it wasn't until there was one time we had Mike's brother Cash in the called Waimo by the way they company. We had him in the car with us. He was sitting up front. Because every time I sat in the back, and when he was sitting up front, he said, you know, someone may freak out looking over and seeing the wheel turn with no one there, and they may have a panic attack and need to get out immediately. And that was the only time where I was like, you know what, that is kind of freaky. But other than that, I cannot emphasize enough how cool this was and how everyone needs to experience this moment.
Speaker 3: Can you sit in the driver's seat if you'd.
Speaker 6: Like, I don't think you can. They do have this a big sign on the steering wheel. It says please do not touch the steering wheel, but we were trying to see because again you can see the steering wheel move, which is a little disorienting, but you don't see the pedals move. So I mean, if someone was sitting in the driver's seat, I think they would be okay. But I don't believe someone can sit there. But you can't have someone in front passenger seat and in the back.
Speaker 4: I kind of feel like the moment she was describing where her boyfriend's brother, Cash was talking about I could see how someone would have a panic attack, was his way of saying that he was about to have a panic attack. Kind of in the same way that Christina saw a knife and immediately said, you know how you want to stab your hand? Yeah, whenever you see a knife, And we're like, no, I think he admitted to you guys that he has panic attacks.
Speaker 6: Well, there is a giant button on there. So there's giant screens in the front and the back showing you, like where you're going, and what weimo is seeing like the cars around, the people around everything. It is absolutely incredible. And there's also a big button that says pull over, and so we thought, you know, maybe if you're drunk and you feel sick, you need to pull over. But that was what Cash saw. He goes, no, I think it's if people have a panic attack, and so you're right. Maybe he wanted us to push that button and find out.
Speaker 3: So we did a story last week when you were Gone.
Speaker 5: Lady in Austin and her and her friends had gone out to day drinking and she they had a bit of a panic attack because they were going the opposite way of where they were supposed to go. Now, they might have put the instructions of the GPS wrong. She was not taking any accountability for anything on her end, but it did show the car pull over on the road underneath an overpass.
Speaker 3: There's kind of a lot of traffic going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the people at Waimo were like, well, you could have gotten out of the car. They also kind they were stuck in the car for five minutes too, locked in. But the people were like, well, if you pull the handle twice like the instructions say, yeah, then you can get out. Did you notice anything like that getting in and out of the car?
Speaker 3: Was it weird?
Speaker 6: Okay, so I didn't actually get to do that, but I will say so, there is an app. It's just like I believe they're partnered with Uber. It's just like Uber. You open, you download the app, you order it. It comes to you, which is crazy because you see it driving to you and it parks, it uses blinkers. It's courteous, which I'll get to that in a second. It's mind blowing.
Speaker 3: It talks to you.
Speaker 6: Yes, it talks to you.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 6: So it pulls up to you and it's got this little blinky thing on top of it that has your initials and it gives you a I guess a code or something to unlock the door. So you can't even get in unless you have that app with the little code or whatever, so it knows and then the doors open for you. It's a nice Jaguar. All of them are.
Speaker 5: Jazz Oh dope, I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: It's it's super nice. And then you get in and it says hello. It said Mike every time, Hello, Mike. Please buckle up and we'll get we'll get going. We'll get started and on our way, and so we never went. I don't know if those ladies were on a highway, if there's an overpass, I guess they were.
Speaker 5: A weird highway in Austin. That was strange, just kind of out in the country because they were going under the highway. They were, but it's not like the busiest highway. Yeah, I mean there was an overpass, but it wasn't like the main freeway in Austin. It was like you're going out towards the racetrack.
Speaker 3: Does it cost about the same as an Uber?
Speaker 6: It costs the exact same as an Uber, which I kind of felt bad for like other Uber drivers.
Speaker 3: So you were trying to put those drivers out of work?
Speaker 6: No, because this, honestly, this is gonna save a ton of people's lives. Because when you think about it, like I mentioned the courteous thing, right, So, we were at a red light and it had just turned green, and there's this lady like right next to us with her blinker on trying to get out of her driveway, and our waim let her go in front of us. And I'm like, can you imagine if there's a person there and you know it's a rush hour that no, screw you, they keep going. But Waimo doesn't do that because it doesn't have human emotion. So it's gonna save on so many just like road rage things, people drunk driving, people who may have like an actual like health episode, you know, like it could save so many lives if you have all these things driving. But again, we only went maybe forty miles an hour, and we were just on like side streets and stuff. Stuff. We never got on a big highway, but it was I know, we couldn't get it from the airport to where we were staying. So I don't know if they've gone that advance just yet, but it.
Speaker 3: Was scared of the highway.
Speaker 6: I love it's it does so many advanced maneuvers that you would not expect it to do. It's absolutely like there was a with their hazards on, and so you would think maybe Weimo gets behind it, thinks it's at a stoplight or something, but it knew that it has its hazards on, so it went around it and went back in front of it.
Speaker 3: It's just Weimo got out and helped it change.
Speaker 6: Its tired exactly, exactly a ghost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very courteous as Weymo.
Speaker 6: He is very courteous.
Speaker 3: Forty yeah. Could it have gone faster? It would drive me nuts it it was going forty and we could be getting somewhere faster.
Speaker 6: We were trying to think because we couldn't see speed limits anywhere because we were in San Francisco. I have no idea, so we were assuming it's probably programmed to go the exact speed limit, and so there were some times it took us like thirty minutes to get somewhere, but again we were in Weimo for thirty minutes and we felt totally safe and everything was fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, when's Weimo coming to Texas?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Google Dallas, I believe it's kind of soon.
Speaker 3: Is you should try to get Waimo on the show. Katie Early is.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty five. Well, we're getting going. Let's do that is a show. Let's take away mo somewhere as soon as it gets you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm terrified. I don't think i'd do.
Speaker 6: No, Ben, I'm telling you, I thought I would be terrified too, But it is like I felt safer in that than one of our uber drivers Rehuse's.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be another one guy as well. Get ready for it. I need a seductive, milfy sex robot driving for me to be comfortable in that car. And you're in the driver's seat and she's riding shotguns. Yeah, and let me pretend to drive, and you just sit in the shotgun and you could really drive. Let me handle this for you. Oh, I didn't know this was a stick sh It's just kids stuff, it's not honey. Yeah. Hey, what did you say, Kevin? Why do you have to take it there? Christine? Thank you for your advancements of technology. I'll be scared of it.
Speaker 6: Embrace it all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I was saying. Embrace it all right. Coming up next, it's the Today Game, followed by Wildlife News. We got snakes in the five o'clock hour. Don't go anywhere The Ben and Skin Show continues uh in just a little bit over three minutes. All right, coming up next, it's the Snake Out, that's what they're calling this the Snake Hour on the Ben and Skin Show. Don't miss it's coming up next Skin Show. And this segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one Andrews and all of DFW, but it's so good. It was named best pizzeria and all of DFW by readers of the Dallas forty news Man that speaks volumes. They've mastered five different different types of pizza. It's incredibly good. Lots of different craft beer there on tap, lots of pasta. It's just an exceptional place to go. If you're truly a foodie, get to Plano and try Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. But before we move on, we got the weekday Update, we got the Wayback Machine, we got the big finish all coming your way in a big five o'clock hour. But before we get to any of that, right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Welcome the wild Life too.
Speaker 3: Oh wild Life. Hey, welcome to the Snake Hour. Here on the Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 5: Two stories of snakes, one locally that we'll get to in a second, but first we take you to Virginia. This is a Channel eight in Virginia because this happened at a Mexican food restaurant.
Speaker 10: A Richmond woman is recovering emotionally after a snake fell on her head at a Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 3: At Henriko so Eaton's anchor Autumn.
Speaker 7: Children spoke with this woman and the restaurant.
Speaker 12: She brings us the story.
Speaker 14: A Richmond woman says she came to this Mexican restaurant for a margarita, and instead she left with the side of snake tonight.
Speaker 12: She tells me, you're off to.
Speaker 3: A bad start. A side of snake. You didn't take that through.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's writing that that's what she ended up with a side of snake.
Speaker 3: She got drunk and went home with anybody.
Speaker 14: And instead she left with the side of snake tonight. She tells me she's certainly never returning to this restaurant, but still she wants answers.
Speaker 7: Kept saying it's a snake in my drink. It fell and hit me from the head.
Speaker 12: You could say.
Speaker 14: Carletta Andrews is still rattled by what happened to her last Wednesday the Tron Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 12: In Cantina and Sanstan. I was shocked, she says.
Speaker 14: She ran out of the restaurant hysterical after this snake made a post dinner appearance.
Speaker 7: I leaned in to take a sip and I noticed that something hit me on the forehead. And I looked at my husband, like, what was that? And when I turned around, I saw the snake in my margarita and I just jumped away from the bar. At that point, there was moving. It started wrapping around my straw.
Speaker 12: Andrew says, the rest is a blurb.
Speaker 7: They grabbed a stick trying to get it, and I was just like, please, don't let it go in my purse. Another man that was having dinner on the other side of the bar came and he grabbed it and.
Speaker 12: Took it out, she says.
Speaker 14: The restaurant offered to move her to a booth. She said she just run it out.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, We would you like to sit in the snake free section.
Speaker 4: We will not charge you to move you to a booth. If you don't want any more snakes dropping in your drink. There's almost no those snake attacks in the booth area almost. I would also like to submit that I don't think that snake wrapped itself around a straw.
Speaker 3: And dude, how scared It's like an earthworm size. How scared are you of a snake that's just trying to hurt a straw.
Speaker 6: That's pretty terrifying for something to just fall out of the sky into your drink and wrap around your straw, Even if it was a worm, I would be freaking out.
Speaker 3: I love that a snake hit her in the forehead and she looked up at her.
Speaker 5: Husband after she was a little a little out of it because the margarita she'd been sipping onto it was.
Speaker 3: A little blurry. She was hissed, ster, okay, not me this time. Now get this got you journalism olt.
Speaker 12: So I called the restaurant to ask questions.
Speaker 7: Hi, can I speak to a manager please?
Speaker 3: Yes, I can help you.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 14: The owner eventually got back to me, saying the snake likely got into the restaurant through the air conditioning unit. I asked if the restaurant is doing anything to prevent this from happening again.
Speaker 12: The owner said, nope.
Speaker 3: Whatever, I mean. The thing is, if there's tiny baby snakes falling from the ceiling of the restaurant, you gotta think that there's a mama up there and thousands of little ones. Yeah, I'm glad you said this. Ready.
Speaker 14: It's sair that the Andrews meal was free, and he hopes the situation won't impact business.
Speaker 7: If that was the baby, I fear is the mom there there you go.
Speaker 3: Let me say this.
Speaker 4: If I'm gonna get a free meal, you can drop a baby snake in my dream. I'm totally down to that. Food is so expensive. Now you can move me to a booth and give me a free meal. If you're gonna have I'll do that. I will make that exchange.
Speaker 3: It's just a tiny snake. Look, it fits in a margarita. This is America.
Speaker 5: You should not go out in public to eat and have the fear of a snake being in a restaurant hitting you on the forehead.
Speaker 3: I know it's gonna happen anywhere. It's not ideal, but if it's a smaller snake, I can deal with it. Yeah, if it's free food for a small snake, that's a great deal. It's a fantastic deal. What an offer. Take that in a heartbeat. You could throw a handful of tiny snakes at me if it's free. I actually like that as a promotion. What about the guy? They're like, are you gonna do anything to keep these snakes from falling on people's Like, No, I don't think something happened once. What are you talking about? Come on, is that?
Speaker 5: I just hope this story that's now gone public doesn't hurt business. Dude, if you saw that story of the news, you'd never go there. Have a very highly rated restaurant, You would never.
Speaker 6: Go there if they had that free snake free meal or one stink free meal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd go to the booth area. What about this whole concept? Hey, have a margarita and roll the snake roulette wheel, right if you land free drinks and listen to all the bad news puns and quick edits in there. Everybody's got to get a quick quote edit in there. It just sounds so weird, it's terrible. He's rattled, she's rattled. There you have it. The Snake Hour on the Bninskin sho continues as coming up next one was found in a tree, and we've got the story to prove it. That's coming up in less than four minutes. Don't go anywhere that's coming up on Ben and Skin. But right now it's time for this, and now it's time for Basins. Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt Fu tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. There's a park in Arlington called Veterans Park and.
Speaker 5: They had a six foot lung blow constrictor up in a tree. Would you like to hear NBC five's news coverage of this.
Speaker 4: I would, But before I do, I want to go to the resident snake expert on the show, Ben Rogers. Ben tell me about a Boa constrictor. Boa constrictor is a large, large snake that presumably would not kill you unless it crushed you. It wrapped around you and cut off your air supply and crushed all your bones, so it was able to then golf and swallow you.
Speaker 3: But it would have to be longer than you. It's the constrictor park constriction. Why why would you be having sex with it? What do you mean because I mentioned choking? I guess I misunderstood your description. Okay, I get it now, right, yep, strike that from the record, Christina, if I can, okay back to you, Katie, hopefully in NBC five can get us out of this.
Speaker 5: This nearly five foot long boa had to be brought down from a Limb and Veterans park in Arlington.
Speaker 15: Meredithielmens has the story that comes with a twist at.
Speaker 3: The end, from possums to owl Okay, in fairness, I might have.
Speaker 12: From possums to owls.
Speaker 16: Arlington Animal Control Officer David Davis has caught a variety of creatures.
Speaker 3: David Davis, David Davis. I mean, hell yeah, is that a fake news name? Hell yeah? No, this is no he's a park ranger or whatever wildlife? Man? Is that a fake park ranger name?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man. We used to have a PD named Don Davis.
Speaker 4: So you know what, though, I think if I was David Davis, I would go by Dave.
Speaker 3: Dave Davis, Dave Davis. I think that's I think that's punch here. I like it either way. This guy rules.
Speaker 16: Arlington Animal Control officer David Davis has caught a variety of creatures.
Speaker 17: It is weird, isn't it?
Speaker 12: But never hold.
Speaker 16: This, this slithering surprise.
Speaker 17: It's been the talk of the town.
Speaker 16: So was spotted by a parks employee last week, perched on a tree limit Veterans Park. A short time later, Davis got a call from his boss.
Speaker 17: And he's like, let's go get a snake out of a tree. And I'm like, snake out of a tree? We leave snakes alone. And he's like, no, it's a python and I'm like yeah.
Speaker 16: It turned out to be a pet Boa constrictor, unable to fend for itself in the wild.
Speaker 17: I certainly hope somebody didn't bumper ah, but they're known for getting out of their aquariums.
Speaker 16: Davis looked like a proud parent after snagging the snake.
Speaker 12: From the tree.
Speaker 3: I love snakes so.
Speaker 16: Much that he and his sixteen year old son fostered her over the weekend.
Speaker 15: After the snake was captured, Arlington Animal Services had hopes that her owner would come forward and claim her, but that didn't happen, so three days later, the snake went up for adoption.
Speaker 17: I just she needed a good home, and I felt like me and my son and my wife could give her one.
Speaker 16: They've already given her a name.
Speaker 3: Her name is Ruby, Ruby the redtail.
Speaker 6: In Arlington, Meredith Yeomans NBC.
Speaker 5: Five Redtail book constrictor now adopted by her animal control.
Speaker 3: Guy in Arlington.
Speaker 6: Love a good story.
Speaker 3: He took it. How about that?
Speaker 4: So you know, Kati brings these stories to us and we hear the audio and he's seen in the video and we have it.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what you guys were thinking. Was Dave Davis shirtless but wearing a vest? He's not shirtless, but he was wearing a vest. You know, he was in his animal control gear. Yeah, so yeah, these sometimes wear a vest. Based off the Fox show Animal Control starring Joel ok Well, I've seen a couple episodes up. How big was the snake? Six? Okay? They said five in this story.
Speaker 5: Other outlets around town reporting six, So I'm gonna say five and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay. So this giant snake gets out, they give you three days to come get it, or they just adopt it themselves. Yes, So can you do that on a drug bust? All right? Crilly? Did I just found one hundred thousand dollars of illegal drug money? Come get it? If you're the drug dealer and this is your money, If not in three days. I'm keeping it right. I heard it. That's how Crilly got his extensive collection of sex toys.
Speaker 4: Okay, not everyone knows that story. I think everyone needs to go look it up. Go look up the Jeff Crilly drug bust video and just.
Speaker 3: Prepare to be even know who he is. Everyone knows who he is. He's kind of like a Howardton figure. Okay, So.
Speaker 5: Did they dump that snake because it was getting out of the cage, Like he said, they're known for getting out of their aquarium.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you do in that situation. You either if you don't want the snake anymore, you've made a terrible decision and Gary Snakes won't take it back at Snake's plus, right, you just release it to the wild. It's probably gonna go start eating pets around the neighborhood.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a horrible I day. You never release anything, especially turtles into the wild. You've had them.
Speaker 4: Okay, but shirtless Dave Davis was kind of iNTS I heard the audio. He was kind of implying that it's bad for the boa to be out in the wild, and what a weird turn for turtles.
Speaker 6: Why is so specific with the just because if you have a pet that's grown up in an aquarium, it's not used to the wild. That's just like putting your dog out in the wild. They have no idea what they're doing. You can't do that. Put it up for adoption like they were supposed to do. Don't just dump it out in the park.
Speaker 5: That's what happened in the Grand Prairie cobra, right, But we escaped. Actually that it was not dumb. We didn't learn that it escaped. Where did it ever end up?
Speaker 3: We don't know. Probably die.
Speaker 5: Would y'all like to have David Davis on the show tomorrow? Yes, he's texted me. I reached out to the Arlington Animal Control and with him jumping on radio, he doesn't have to wear a shirt going to know. Okay, he was wearing a shirt. You didn't see the story he was. He had a shirt on. You guys heard that right? His shirt was on town a shirtless to me? Thank you, Ben Christina, Yeah, Katie, how do you not hear that?
Speaker 3: All right, let's just do this, he said, I like coming up next, let's go into the wayback machine. We have some Jeopardy audio that's going to remind us of a Ben Rogers classic right here on ninety seven point one, The Eagle coming up next, some really weird Bill Belichick stuff. Just it's such an odd relationship that he finds himself in and it deserves our magnifying glass. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 13: It's time to go into the schedule.
Speaker 3: Worry about. Oh we're there, what is a mofo? Uh yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I did say that DJ poly D is going to be in town next month, guys next week.
Speaker 3: Actually, so let's throw and invite him. You're ready for that? Where's he going to be?
Speaker 5: Looks like Texas Live, DJ poly D, Pauladine, DJ Polydd.
Speaker 10: Ben.
Speaker 4: Do you hear your teenage kids use the term throw? No, it's like like, whoever whoever's having a party, the term is throw. Yeah, you know, homie's throwing. I think he's gonna have DJ Polyd there. Okay, he's throwing the party.
Speaker 3: Whoever's throwing the party, they're throwing. Man, I wish I got invited to parties. Dude, I'll throw and then invite you. No, like in the day, I want to go now.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Jeopardy has given us many giggles over the years, because you know, sometimes there's failures in Nupama might come to mind for her lack of knowledge in sports. But this one happened five years ago on this day. Wow, April of twenty twenty seems like a weird time to be doing Jeopardy. They must have had a lot in the can. But here we go.
Speaker 3: Zulus for two thousand.
Speaker 10: Take a look here as on each September twenty fourth, Zulus celebrate a holiday that was named in honor of this warrior leader of the early eighteen hundreds, Sarah who is Shaka company.
Speaker 3: O Shaka Zulu.
Speaker 5: Everyone of course remembers the great warrior leader of the eighteen hundred, Shaka Khan.
Speaker 6: Obviously she was thinking Genghis Khan, right.
Speaker 3: No, she was thinking Shaka Zuluka and Genghis Khan. Yeah, oh, she was merging that.
Speaker 5: But there's probably a small percent of our listeners who don't know who Shaka Khan is.
Speaker 3: Yes, she is a. I believe she's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Yes she is a.
Speaker 4: She was the singer of the funk band Rufus and then later had a very illustrious solo career.
Speaker 3: All right, feel for you. I think I love Wow.
Speaker 5: You're telling me she was not an eighteen hundred Warrior, now Warrior.
Speaker 10: Leader of the early eighteen hundreds. Sarah is Shaka Coman.
Speaker 3: Who is Shaka Zulu? And by the way, one of my favorite voices. I love her voice. Shaka Khan is badass. Where are three other favorite voices? Maretha Franklin's the first one that comes to mind. I think she's the greatest R and B singer of all time. You conflate the two somehow. Oh, I like that. I like her. This is going I like this segue moped.
Speaker 5: So then we were having a lot of discussions about the Mask Singer. Don't ask why, but it was like a fun thing every Tuesday to come in and be like, did you guys.
Speaker 3: See the zucchini was eliminated on the mass singer? Who was it? It was Aj McCarron, Like there's always someone strange. Cedric Sabalos was following it.
Speaker 5: And uh Shaka Khan Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, not eighteen hundreds Warrior did the mask singer? She did it, and Ben confused her with someone else.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Although Aretha Franklin did it? Wait what? Wait right, she's Jesus, this is your Walter, this is your Walter Payton moment, dude, show some R E s p CT. A minute before she passed and they were talking conceptually about this project, she was like, I would be willing to do that show. I was told who told you that? Christina? Thank you? That's a good teammate. Christina said she never got the chance. Kan Doug and Diver would follow up questions, I would like to apologize and say, Shaka Khan did it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: They there we go live footage of a man dog paddling in the middle of Lake Louisville A life Jackie, Why did you go to the well?
Speaker 4: If I was told that's a good well, dude, I was intrigued, as like, man, I wonder what Fox insider Ben's been talking to.
Speaker 3: So frankly just.
Speaker 5: Died around that time, so that's why it was kind of interesting. And the mass singer, it's like, I don't think she.
Speaker 3: Did, but did you hear him? He just conslated the two. That's exactly right. They're just such legendary voices. Makes sense. Thank you when you hear Ben. Start this off with Arika Aretha Franklin did. He's talking about the mass singer clearly, although Aretha Franklin did it wait after she had famously just died. Wait what wait right, she's she's this is your Walter this is your Walter Payton moment, dude. Well, though, after the Walter Payton moment where I had forgotten that he died, I just get really scared of anyone, like not knowing if they're alive or dead. I can't even keep up with it. What I want to hear though, Listen, listen more time, listen to how certain Ben is, and then listen when he says, right, there's about one hundred and eighty degree Schack in his conviction realized. Listen, although Aretha Franklin did it, wait what? Wait right?
Speaker 5: I also, and if you're new the show, sorry, sometimes I have a stroke when I think something's funny. You'll notice that I couldn't get through the title of the song R E s PCT.
Speaker 3: Show some R E SPCT I at. I mean we're used to it. We knew where you were going. There you have it the Wayback Machine always a good time coming up next being a good times. Bill Belichick's having one with a woman that is one third of his age. Uh, we'll put that relationship on trial next time for this Big Ben.
Speaker 5: Quite a story here involving Bill Belichick and his twenty four year old girlfriend.
Speaker 3: He's now seventy three.
Speaker 5: He uh had an interview on CBS this morning with again named Tony Dcaple.
Speaker 3: I don't really watch too much, I'd be honest. Hold on, I just did the math. So he's three times her age now plus one. Yeah. Yeah, that's amazing. Yeah, he had birthday last week, so it took him over the top.
Speaker 13: That's hot.
Speaker 5: So the sources from TMZ say that Belichick arrived with Jordan Hudson, no one from the publishing company of the book he's promoting called The Art of Winning, no One from North Carolina, no other rep or anything, and CBS producers were like, it's just her. At one point in the Q and A, you will find out and we'll play the audio where things gil heated as she intervenes. But apparently this did not. You won't see this on the interview. She stood up and walked out and wanted Bill to follow. Can we set the scene right quick by describing Ben? You've seen this, haven't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you describe what Bill Belichick showed up to wear in a videotaped interview that was going to run on a major network.
Speaker 3: So he's wearing a sweatshirt with a hole in it? Yeah? Was it Navy? What was it? What did it say? Navy? It said Navy? Like he's supporting the armed forces? Did he serve in the Navy? I guess I don't know if he don't even but it's got a he's got a big hole in it, right in the chest, Like it's just an old beat up sweater.
Speaker 4: Kind of near the sweatshirt, kind of near the collar. And it's not just a tear. It's a giant hole that looks like an amba. Yeah, it's it's very odd. She's off camera. She's definitely pissed off. You can sense her negative energy and she is not having it. I'm like, why did you guys even agree to this?
Speaker 3: Even people?
Speaker 5: TMZ is reporting that people at North Carolina are a little concerned now about her influence on him.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's being held hostage by her pee.
Speaker 4: They should be concerned that they hired a guy that didn't want to be there and immediately start segueing his son into the job.
Speaker 3: No, by the way, that's an abbreviation of a word, not no, and of course no a shortener. Yeah, what is a word yep? In a trance?
Speaker 5: You're gonna find out that the clip that's going online is just her pop it in. Yeah, and we'll play that for you, Okay, but if you really take time to watch the ten minute interview, you will be bored. I'm gonna play some of the good stuff though. All right, how did you get the title of the book, The Art of Winning?
Speaker 13: Where did this title come from? The publisher?
Speaker 18: A couple other advisors on the book.
Speaker 13: That was really their choice.
Speaker 18: My choice would have been How I did My Job or lessons from My Life in Football.
Speaker 3: Dude, I can't wait to get the book How I did my Job? Do you know what that kind of feels like? It feels a lot like the Earl Campbell barbecue or a hot Link origin story that was Ian barbecue and they said I want to have a barbecue business. Like I would have called it my book, I'm bill my book My Life in football or How I Did my Job?
Speaker 6: He does sound upbeat, though, more than most interviews.
Speaker 5: That was electric for Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're gonna get him here discussing halftime speech is the motivational speech, you know, something a coach would do.
Speaker 13: The result is not a tell all, but what you might call a tell some.
Speaker 11: You write about not cheerleading on the sideline, but also you're against the inspirational locker room speech at halftime.
Speaker 13: Coach. Have you not seen the movies?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I wouldn't say I'm not against them.
Speaker 18: I would just say I've seen very few that were really worthy of, you know, of a strong mention or change the direction of the team or the game.
Speaker 13: There have been very few. Most of it really is strategic.
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 13: What do we need to adjust to that?
Speaker 18: That's really football is identifying a problem, figure in a solution and then executing that, you know, that plan to make it work.
Speaker 3: Only played decause I want to say I actually agree with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and honestly and truly that answer and the cadence with which he's delivering it, that's about as engaged as I've ever heard him.
Speaker 6: You know, it's weird, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean it feels like he at this point he's with it, and he's got thoughts like I wonder I'll use uh.
Speaker 5: I'll use Dan Campbell as an example, should be our old coach, Mike McCarthy example. Is there anything Mike McCarthy could have done in halftime of a game the team's down two touchdowns to really get the guys to play harder and better.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's with Bill.
Speaker 5: Clearly he's not you know, so he gets of course he's gonna be against him. That ain't his lane, right, But I just wonder if there's anyone I can't even see Jason Kidd given the uh hurrah.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's very few guys who could pull it off. You'd have to have that kind of explosive personality, but it'd be the occasional thing, like you couldn't. It's like whipping the horse. You can't do it every single time. And so maybe once a season, the guy like Dion Sanders or a combustible guy with a big you know, personality or Boach you know, would go in there and say, why you know, you guys are soft. You're letting them push you around. Dan Campbell or something. I could see that.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that's good, but he can't do it every week. And also, at Ben's point, you have to be what you are. Yeah, Like if Bill Belichick goes in there and suddenly turns over a table and it's like, wait, what are we.
Speaker 3: Play acting right now? You are what you are? They see you every day, if you're fiery every day, and then you come in there, comatos are like, what's wrong with this guy? Or if you're just Bill Belichick? Can you go in there with a bone? They're like, wait, what's happening right now? You're ready for freaking take it awkward? Yes, this is unedited. I'm telling you. I did not editor not add silence.
Speaker 5: The interviewer asked him about his old boss, Robert Kraft.
Speaker 11: I have to ask about Robert Craft because twenty four years together, six super Bowls.
Speaker 13: Unless I'm wrong, he's not in this book.
Speaker 18: How come he's Well, again, it's about my life lessons in football, and it's really more about the ones that I experienced directly.
Speaker 13: He's not even in the acknowledgment section correct. Do you feel like you.
Speaker 5: All that's legitimately ten seconds with a correct in the middle.
Speaker 11: In the acknowledgment section correct, Do you feel like you were treated with dignity and respect when you were let go by Robber craft.
Speaker 18: Yeah, what was a mutual decision for that would for us the part ways he said fired.
Speaker 5: It was a mutual decision, he said, he got fired though I talked to him.
Speaker 3: I just talked to him on the phone for we did this interview. He fired. Is I don't know this guys, he is sports guy or is he just a journalist?
Speaker 5: You don't mess around with CBS too much, it told you, But did this guy's It sounds like a TV journalist.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a legit journal sixty minutes. Yeah, yeah, yeah it is. It's the CBS Saturday Morning News. Yeah. Uh okay.
Speaker 4: Here's where not that there's not sports journalists, but you guys get what I'm going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Here's where Jordan Hudson, his twenty four year old girlfriend, intervenes.
Speaker 11: The other change for Belichick is twenty four four year old Jordan Hudson, his creative muse. As he writes in his book, Jordan was a constant presence during our interview.
Speaker 13: You have Jordan threat over there.
Speaker 11: Everybody in the world seems to be following this relationship. They've got an opinion about your private life. It's got nothing to do with them, but they're invested in it? How do you deal with that?
Speaker 18: Never been too worried about what everybody else. Thanks, just to try to do what I feel like is be's for me and what's right?
Speaker 13: How did you guys meet?
Speaker 3: Not talking about this?
Speaker 11: No, No, it's a topic neither one of them is comfortable commenting on.
Speaker 12: They've told the.
Speaker 3: Story they met on a plane. He autographical book. That's when she decided to pop in and say, we're not talking about this. We all know how they met. Well, that's a lie. God, could be Yeah, I've heard speculation that. Now this is raising a bunch of speculation that there wasn't that was she an escort? I was going to say, this could be an arranged deal?
Speaker 6: Wow, that sounds like it is.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. And you know what, I'm willing to report that. I'm I'm willing to risk my journalistic integrity and go ahead, I'm going to report that that I heard recently when I was doing a radio segment that she might be an escort.
Speaker 6: Did she not think they would keep that in there? She thought that that would just completely not be Probably.
Speaker 3: Let me just say that it's very rare, very rare that a twenty four year old already has the worldview to know how to comport themselves in this type of scenario and do it at the highest level. What experience would she have right.
Speaker 4: Like, uh, maybe she took some media training in college or you know, for me, are.
Speaker 3: This changes the way I feel about him a lot. I feel like he's being held hostage. He doesn't even know what's going on.
Speaker 5: He might be okay, then they ask him about like you remember the pictures where she's a mermaids, yeah, fisherman and then they're doing yoga and he's just kind of laying down bouncing on his feet.
Speaker 11: There's some great pictures of you and Jordan where you're a fisherman and she's a mermaid.
Speaker 13: It's charming. It's a different side of you.
Speaker 11: What's the reaction been like, what's it been like just have these different sort of photo.
Speaker 3: There's another one, like.
Speaker 13: The question was what it's a different side of you.
Speaker 11: What's the reaction been like, what's it been like to have these different.
Speaker 13: Sort of photos.
Speaker 11: There's another one where you're doing I know, you're not into meditation or yoga or pilates. You're balancing Jordan on your feet and she's doing kind of the Titanic posts.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so I'm I'm on some of those social media platforms, but I honestly don't follow them.
Speaker 11: What he does follow isn't clicks or views, but touchdowns and above all, wins. You do seem like you're having a lot more fun these days than you were in other chapters of your life.
Speaker 13: Let's say I enjoy football.
Speaker 3: We go Wow, pretty fun? Yeah, man, I honestly and truly cannot wait to see what more we can find out about these two. Some weird's going on? Man, something weird.
Speaker 4: Well, Uh, that's gonna do it for today. It does remind me of the time though, that KT met his first escort. He looked her dead in the eye and he said to her, the poon is a bit of a mystery, and she took over from there. Wow, that was amazing. That's gonna do it for us today. Stick around.
Speaker 3: Our friend Christina has got some tunes right here on the eagle.
Speaker 8: There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock bag, dude
Speaker 3: God bless Jesus.