Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 2: News need so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three h three seven one three talk three L three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: And I urge all of you to when you get a chance, always try to find us live on YouTube as well, and of course on our great radio stations and the iHeartRadio app. And I've expanded the studio, so now I'm even gonna be able to have more people when I need it. I think Mark and Seues are off today. Do we have a Katschina any deputies.
Speaker 1: In the house?
Speaker 6: His Kachina there or she uh and uh okay, Shannon and these Okay, if you guys want later, I can do a zoom. If she wants to set up the zoom, I can send her a link and we can have you guys on camera. So Bow and Doc in the house to take cases. We have Deputy Dimitri here to take cases, and of course I'll i'll once I introduce him to the studio, he can go back and forth and you guys now that I've expanded, can come here as well anytime, just let me know. And then I have doctor Joel Tridak with me. We're gonna talk to them cell therapy and we're gonna get a progress report.
Speaker 1: On my hair.
Speaker 6: Now, I have a top light here which highlights it's not a very good thing. It highlights the thinness of hair. But seriously, I did a stem cell therapy on my on.
Speaker 1: My scalp twice now. And they have a great program.
Speaker 6: You pay once and you get one and then you get redos and then that's your It's called the Seer Reason. Once you're done, then you know you wait for the magic. Now I will say, you know, everyone told me they'd noticed something. It's been very it's very very real, very slow, very deliberate. It's itching like hell now and then tells me something's going on like new hair.
Speaker 1: But who knows. Right, I think it's great.
Speaker 6: My wife says it has absolutely changed a bit.
Speaker 1: Mark said it and he's very skeptical.
Speaker 6: So in any case, we were taking pictures and you can see gradual improvement and that's really a cool, cool thing, a really a cool thing. And we'll talk more about that and anything you want to talk about. But today, God, I'm so pissed off. I don't even know where to start. I got to talk about somebody, but callers always get priority, John when if you will not believe, I think I'd be classified as a crazy person. It has to do with Federal Express until eventually I went out and followed a truck.
Speaker 1: Honest to god, Federal Express.
Speaker 6: I'm just going to say this, and I'm going to go to college then I'll explain it. Federal Express is the worst delivery service you can have, the worst except in one circumstance. You know, those flat Federal Express envelopes documents. Okay, when they go business to business where there's someone always there to accept it, they can't lie and cheat.
Speaker 1: You'll see what I mean by that.
Speaker 6: So they when they make an attempt to deliver at a business, do you know someone's going to be there, They drop it at the reception, somebody signs for it. Documents, nothing wrong with that, real estate whatever. But when it comes to ground and any kind of of a package. I have made up my mind that if a seller on Amazon or eBay or anywhere says they use Federal Express I will not use them. That's how strongly I feel about Federal Express. I have caught them lying and cheating. And what I don't understand is how stupid this particular driver is that he would lie and think.
Speaker 1: He's going to get away with it. And I'll tell you why you can't get away with it anymore.
Speaker 6: I know you are a thinking the same thing I am. You can't well, you can't say you attempted a delivery if you didn't anymore.
Speaker 1: Not today's technology. Wink wink in a hint. I'm not going to get into it right this second.
Speaker 6: John, he wants to talk about solar battery purchase. Now, wait a minute, John, didn't you call once before?
Speaker 1: Or did we? I mean, it would be very unlikely we had two people calling about solar purchases.
Speaker 6: Did you call before on this? I'm just curious about this.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 7: I no, I did, But my friend did. My dad ordered batteries from Solar Sovereign and the same thing happened to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, your friend I believe Dimitri, Are you the one that did you take care of that? Let me get on the widest here. What did you did you take care of that? Dmitri. Let me go over to your mic right there.
Speaker 8: Yes, go, Yes, we took care of that last week. The consumer is uh satisfied and so well?
Speaker 1: Did they refunded? Did they send batteries? Neither.
Speaker 8: The consumer disputed the charge in his credit card, and Sovereign Solar told me that they will not dispute the dispute. They're just going to let let that go on.
Speaker 1: So, John, did you dispute it on your credit card? Yes?
Speaker 7: I did, finally after they lied to me and one return my emails and one return my calls.
Speaker 6: You know what this is? This is we I think we've discovered a sleeze bucket.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to call them again? Well, what do you want us to do? You're calling us? What do you want us to do? John?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: I so I need the batteries before winter.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna get them, don't don't no, no, don't even see.
Speaker 6: You did the right thing disputing it. Don't even bother. They're not delivering. Don't even bother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 7: Problem is I need to order them from some some other company. And this dispute is you know, if they would just not fight the dispute or you know, Okay, do you.
Speaker 1: Want us to do you want deputy to a deputy? What was a D? Did he? Did? We decide on Deputy Bow, Deputy doc Deputy D?
Speaker 6: Okay, Deputy D. Do you want them to call and say we have yet another one? Could you also not dispute the dispute?
Speaker 9: Do you want us?
Speaker 3: That'd be great?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will do that. Hold on and we'll have D.
Speaker 6: So Kelly, give us a text to Deputy D the information. Okay, we will and what we'll do is send that to or we'll call them and try to get that done.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Kelly, who did we We had a.
Speaker 6: Bisle carpet cleaner that was under warranty that broke. I'm trying to think what we did with it, and oh you did that to Okay, so we'll we'll I'll just let me did you call on that yet?
Speaker 8: I spoke with a consumer on a Sunday yesterday and she told me what's going on.
Speaker 1: It's not under warranty. I thought it over.
Speaker 8: Five years ago. But the problem is that her local business.
Speaker 1: In other words, there's no one that can fix it.
Speaker 8: Well, it went back to Bisle in February for repairs, and neither the repair center that sent it there nor the consumer is heard back from Bissell.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: Yesterday I sent an email to the PR department at Bissole asking them for an appointment to give them a call to check the status of this repair, and so far I've had no response from Bissole.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll keep following up. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Deputy bo what about that four thousand dollars deposit Top Tier Moving, remember that one that was from last week? And uh, Tennessee to Colorado.
Speaker 12: Yes, I talked to Catherine over the weekend and I tried to call their customer service and I'm getting ready to send an email, but I'm not getting a response. I did tell Catherine that I asked how she paid for it, and this was interesting. This tip Top Moving company, of course, would not accept a credit card or a check. They wanted her to wire the money the four thousand dollars to them. So I told Catherine.
Speaker 1: Saturday morning, that's crazy.
Speaker 12: He need to call her. The first thing she needs to do is call her bank this morning and change your account number, because it's very possible they can extract more money out of her account.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 6: Whenever you do a well, whenever they have your account number and your routing number, they can steal from you. There is no two ways about it. Okay, I'm going to take this break, and then we're going to talk about your problems. We have someone with a contractor someone with an h A. We also want to talk about Federal Express people. I really mean this, sincerely, I really mean this. If you can avoid using Federal Express, you need to. What I found was maybe just a small issue with a few drivers.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: The guy on the phone, jose a supervisor, promised me he would look into it.
Speaker 1: He'd called me the next day.
Speaker 6: He didn't, but he did say they were having problems with drivers lying to them and attending they made deliveries. It's it's not a small thing.
Speaker 1: I know. I uncovered something and I'll tell you more.
Speaker 6: Of that story on how I followed a truck and how I know what they're doing now. So that's Federal Express. I'm serious. You will want to hear this story. I'm Tom Martino, more coming upwaterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices, and right now until further notice, he's doing both systems, the softening and the triple filter reverse osmosis drinking water, which would be even by his good prices over four grand.
Speaker 1: He's doing it for thirty one ninety five.
Speaker 6: Both and plumbers would put these in starting at fifteen grand. Waterpros dot net. I'm serious, You'll never get better for the price. Three h three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Bill, I do want you to make that quick comment on FedEx because I'm going to bring that up. I'm going to bring up the FedEx issue during this show. People, you're not going to believe, nor will you never you will ever use them again? Bill, What did you want to say about FedEx?
Speaker 13: Well, there's a lot of interesting things going on.
Speaker 11: There's a real structure basically of the corporation.
Speaker 9: There's a new president in charge.
Speaker 11: His name is Raj and.
Speaker 14: FedEx Express is essentially going away.
Speaker 9: Everything is going to the ground division.
Speaker 13: And the ground division is all contract help contractors with trucks.
Speaker 6: But the trucks, say the trucks do say Federal Express on them?
Speaker 9: Yes, they do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the one I followed. The one I followed said Federal Express, but there was writing on the side saying services provided by And then there was another.
Speaker 15: Okay, that's the contractor.
Speaker 11: How do you know this, Bill by the package? Pardon?
Speaker 1: How do you know this?
Speaker 9: I work for FedEx?
Speaker 6: Okay, I want to ask you something. Okay, since you work for him, I need to ask you this. Okay, this is what I suspects happening, and I'm going to give you proof later on. But I suspect these guys toward the end of the day get tired and lazy, and they claim they attempted to deliver. This is home delivery, by the way, and they attempt to deliver and no one was home. This is where signatures are required, and they take them back to the warehouse. And I suspect a good number of those are lying.
Speaker 16: Well, they get paid by the package, not by the hour.
Speaker 1: Well, what I don't understand is then, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 13: The more deliveries they can show, the more money they make.
Speaker 6: That it would be the most excellent way to do it. But I'm going to tell you something. Three times they claimed they tried to deliver here at my house. Now, Joe will tell you to get to my house. Here, you go through a guard gate, and it's a gated community. He'll also tell you I have a ring doorbell, and I see his pretty face.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry every time he comes.
Speaker 6: Now, there was the guard First of all, I had no ring, no ring notification whatsoever of any delivery.
Speaker 1: So they lied to me. I don't care what they said. They lied. Second, there was no doortag left, which the supervisors said, oh yeah, they left a door tag.
Speaker 6: No doortag. Third, the gate shack said, no one came through, So why would they do that, Bill, Why what incentive would they have to say they delivered when they did. Excuse me, they attempted when they didn't.
Speaker 9: I already explained that they get paid by the peace, not by the hour.
Speaker 13: So every time that they can do a q unicote delivery, whether they do it or not, they get paid for it.
Speaker 6: Oh I so they're still getting paid by the attempt correct. Oh my god, So I may as well spill the beans.
Speaker 1: So here's what I did. Bill.
Speaker 6: So I was so sick and tired to call the supervisor and they all lie to you too. They say, oh, we'll call you back the next day. We're going to make sure you're one of the first deliveries. So no one called me back, you know. So I called again and I said, they said, oh, it's on the truck out for delivery. So I said, the hell with this. I told my daughter you stay here, I'm going to go. I got to go get some stuff. So I went out. I pull out of my gate, and what do I see across the street? I see a FedEx truck and I think, I don't know if they're efficient at all that should be the one coming to my community, now, I swear to God.
Speaker 1: So I pulled alongside the street where.
Speaker 6: I could see them, and they sat there for about an hour, sat there, sat there, okay, And I called the supervisor and I said, by any chance, is that the truck I gave him license at a number. They said, well, we don't know that, and I said okay. I said, ups and Amazon would know that. But I said, okay, that's fine. So I just waited. Then I saw the truck move and I followed it.
Speaker 1: It went into a community, pulls up to a house.
Speaker 6: The driver looks out his window and then takes off.
Speaker 1: And he did this about three or four times.
Speaker 6: Now listen, while I'm following him, I get a notification that a delivery was attempted at my house. No delivery, no people, no front gate, no ring, doorbell. Now, this is a scam, people, This is a scam. I mean, it's an out and out scam. And I took video of the guy. And first when I call them, there's there's nothing they can do about it.
Speaker 1: And you've explained it, Bill, they can't do.
Speaker 6: Anything about it because they don't have control over these private contractors all they said was, oh, we'll put in a note.
Speaker 1: We'll put in a note. Do you realize I just want to.
Speaker 6: Say this, It's impossible for me to get this package.
Speaker 1: Impossible.
Speaker 6: Impossible for me to get this baggage. I had to notify the shipper that to use another method. Now people have to be noticing this. Bill, if you work there, what do you do there?
Speaker 13: I'd rather not say, but I am on the road.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you could get me, I swear I don't know how to get in touch with the CEO or even that they would care. But their customer service is a joke. When I went on to make reviews on FedEx, I realized they have the most terrible reviews. First of all, it's hard to review people nationally, whether it be UPS, even home Depot or fed x. It's hard because they have so many locations.
Speaker 1: Google's not set up for you to just complain about a company. You have to complain about a location.
Speaker 6: The same with Yelp, and really trust Pilot comes the closest to you to let you complain about a corporation in general.
Speaker 1: But Bill, you're on the road.
Speaker 6: Do you have any supervisory capacity at all?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, okay, and let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: Is it difficult to get the email for the for the for the chairman's office or somebody. I'm serious, I mean this they are or do they not? Is it a company that doesn't care anymore?
Speaker 1: Just be honest about it.
Speaker 13: Bill, As far as what most of the employees are saying, we used to be what's called uh people profit and then you know the delivered to the customer, and now it's all profit and shareholders profits.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, they're not going to make money long I look at they might be too big for me to destroy them, but it's not going to keep me from talk about them the rest of my life. FedEx sucks people, and I'm telling you you should avoid them at all costs. Now, Carol, Uh, real quick, just start your problem with this contractor and maybe we'll get what's going on with this contractor.
Speaker 17: Carol, Well, it's been fifteen months and he's.
Speaker 1: Got fifteen months for what fifteen months.
Speaker 17: Waiting for him to build my house?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, did you pay anything up front?
Speaker 17: So yeah, I paid the first down payment.
Speaker 1: Now is this a custom home? Is this a custom home?
Speaker 17: No, it's just a cabin, a log cabin home.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, but is it in a subdivision where you pick one from a model or is it your land?
Speaker 17: It's my land. And I found the cabin company, Well that's.
Speaker 1: What you called.
Speaker 6: That's what you call a custom build. So you con acted for a custom build, okay, And now what I want to know is.
Speaker 1: What is the company's name, Patriot Building? And where did you find them?
Speaker 17: From a home depot?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really? Now what did home depot have to do with this? Are they the ones that sold the cabin?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 17: I bought the cabin independently myself.
Speaker 1: Now is the cabin on? Is the cabin on your lot the actual cabin?
Speaker 17: No, I just have the wood sitting there that my contractor wouldn't even go and cover for fifteen months here, babe.
Speaker 6: But the cabin itself. Is it supposed to be delivered at some time in the future.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got two separate contracts you hold on.
Speaker 6: I got to parse through this to see what's going on. I'm Tom Martine. So she contracted with someone to build something, but she contracted the package with someone else.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about.
Speaker 6: That and more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Probid Energy dot com is also a solar company. We strongly recommend Probidenergy dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. So Caroen, I want to ask a couple things basic and then I let you continue here.
Speaker 1: So where did you buy the cabin itself?
Speaker 17: I bought it from a liquidation company called IgM Construction Liquidators IgM.
Speaker 6: Okay, so they sold you a package kind of right?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, Then if they sold you a package, why did you need other lumber from the builder or or or not? Yeah, you said he didn't cover some some wood or lumber.
Speaker 1: What were you talking about?
Speaker 5: He didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 17: He didn't cover the wood up that's sitting on my land.
Speaker 6: Right, and the wood that's sitting on your land is that from IgM?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, so i GM delivered to your land and Patriot Building was supposed to cover it up and take care of it while they're constructing the cabin. Yes, okay, okay, Now what happened. You got this, You bought the cabin. You don't have a problem with IgM at all, right.
Speaker 17: I do a little bit because the contractor says that my plans aren't good enough for it to build it, so that I need to get a architect and an engineer. But it's not in the contract. It's not in the contract at all that I have to get the architect and the engineer.
Speaker 1: Okay, I talked to it. That's always.
Speaker 6: Here's the problem, Carol, here's the problem. You're and I don't mean ignorant. You know you're ignorant of how custom builds go. Okay, you're A better word would be you're unaware of how custom builds go.
Speaker 1: So let me explain this.
Speaker 6: It's it's It goes without saying that if you bought a building package from someone for a building.
Speaker 1: And you contracted a contractor to put it up.
Speaker 6: You're missing a whole bunch of stuff in between, and no one has to tell you that. You see, you became the general contractor by putting together these elements, and you therefore took the responsibility to know what you need. For example, all of the surveys, the lot lines, the engineering, the snow loads.
Speaker 1: That's all your responsibility.
Speaker 6: And then unless you can, unless you hired people for a turnkey project.
Speaker 1: You need this stuff. So you.
Speaker 6: And the package builders normally don't provide for a full set of plans unless it was in your contract. So here's what I need to ask, and Carol, trust me. I have built custom homes exactly like you're talking about, several of them where I've contracted building packages, I've gotten a contractor or two or three, and I've gotten an architect to adapt the plans.
Speaker 1: Not all plans can be.
Speaker 6: Used from a package supplier unless that's what they say.
Speaker 1: So here's what I need to know with.
Speaker 6: Your contract with the cabin builder or the cabin supplier. Did the contract include did the contract include all architectural services and a full set of plans.
Speaker 17: Just as plans and specifications.
Speaker 1: But what does the contract say about the plans and specifications?
Speaker 6: Do they have engineering stamps? Do they say you need those? In other words, you say you have a problem with them. Did they say in your contract when you bought the cabin that those plans would be sufficient to build?
Speaker 17: The man assured me that they were.
Speaker 1: Where did you talk to a man at IgM? Uh?
Speaker 17: Do you want the phone number?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: I want to know where. Did they have an office?
Speaker 17: No, they don't have an office. They're liquidators.
Speaker 1: How'd you find them?
Speaker 19: True a ad?
Speaker 1: So I know what happened. You saw this ad for a log cabin.
Speaker 6: You thought, man, this looks good, and then you called him and they said, yeah, yeah we can.
Speaker 1: We can provide you with that.
Speaker 6: And know all you have to do is hire a company and they'll put it up for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah. And then the contractor what did he say about it?
Speaker 17: Well, he was mad in the first place. He called me on real lady?
Speaker 1: Why was he Why was he upset?
Speaker 17: I had the wood delivered and he wasn't with me?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 11: It was delivered?
Speaker 1: Well, what does that mean he wasn't with you? Why would he have to be?
Speaker 17: He was supposed he was supposed to be there when the wood was delivered, and I went ahead and this realisture that was working.
Speaker 1: Let me explain something.
Speaker 6: Let me the IgM has the worst ratings. They're questionable, and people are saying there are so many complaints about them giving incomplete kits and incomplete information and incomplete plans.
Speaker 1: So you're right, they're not great. But I fear.
Speaker 6: I fear you walked into it, and I fear you don't have the contract you think you do and you're going to have to make the best of it. In other words, if you got the equipment at your house, this builder will this builder. Did you pay him upfront? Or did you pay for the cabin?
Speaker 1: Who did you pay for the cabin?
Speaker 19: I paid for the cabin when als delivered?
Speaker 1: Isn't paid in full?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay? Now did you pay the build or anything.
Speaker 17: That you mean the contractor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I meant. The contractor did.
Speaker 17: Sixty two thousand dollars and he said he build it in.
Speaker 1: Three weeks, Now get your money back.
Speaker 17: He won't give it back to me.
Speaker 1: Why uh?
Speaker 17: He says, there's a clause in the contract that if I don't build with him, I don't get the money back.
Speaker 1: Then will he build it? I don't know.
Speaker 17: I've just been halsmly living for fifteen months.
Speaker 1: This tell terrible.
Speaker 6: Now you're but the entire cabin, the kit that you bought, or the package is on your lot, the entire.
Speaker 1: Package, Yes, sitting there rotting you the entire package. Is that true?
Speaker 17: I don't know if it's everything, because I know that I have to get the roofine in the windows and certain.
Speaker 6: Thing, but those are things that you had planned to get anyway, right, Yes, how much did.
Speaker 1: You pay for this package?
Speaker 19: Twenty?
Speaker 17: I believe it was twenty eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Okay, you didn't pay a lot. That's good. In other words for now the guy you pay, but you paid the builder. You paid the builder.
Speaker 17: Sixty the contract or sixty two thousand.
Speaker 1: Sixty two. Okay, hey, bo, are you listening to this?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 18: I would like to call this builder contract.
Speaker 6: According to the Contractor's Trust Act, he can't do what he's doing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I'd like to see if she could email us her paperwork with the contrac factor about this clause where he says he won't will not refund the money if she doesn't use him.
Speaker 6: Well, well, do you get a copy of the contract and go to work on this this This woman is getting ripped off.
Speaker 1: And and Patriot? Where did you find Patriot Building?
Speaker 19: From home depot?
Speaker 17: They have a website when you go into their office.
Speaker 1: In the well listen.
Speaker 6: I don't know how he can say if he didn't do any work whatsoever, why he's keeping that money? And if he spent that money, he violated the contractors trust.
Speaker 19: That I think he did.
Speaker 6: Who are you dealing with? What's the guy's name? I want to know the guy's name. What's what is it?
Speaker 17: Justin Garcia?
Speaker 6: Justin Garcia? Okay, well justin Garcia. Guess what you can't. I'll bet you he spent the money. And if he didn't put that money in trust, bow, this is a crime. Okay, you got to get right on this. This guy is a piece of garbage. If he spent that money, I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Artino here, let's talk.
Speaker 6: I want to go to Sherman real quick and people, the ones who have texted me about stem cells, we will answer those. Just please stay tuned and we will be answering those on the air. Sherman, Go ahead, what's going on, Sherman. Sherman, Sherman, you're right, Hey, what what's going on?
Speaker 1: Sherman?
Speaker 11: Yes, So I'm having a situation with the HOA trying to overcharge the community homeowners.
Speaker 6: Tell me what you're talking about, busy, tell me what you're talking about. Tell me the problem.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, it's for the hill damaged the big hill storm that was in May. Yeah, this year. So you want to charge the homeowners three? They said thirty five. They said thirty five to four thousand for our groups to be completed. And they said it's two percent of the actual I guess HOA agreement.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, Sherman, just, I'm going to give you some bad news.
Speaker 1: I will look.
Speaker 6: Into this, but I'm I'm gonna give you some bad news. This is happening to condo and townhome owners all over. What's happening is when they when the roof's destroyed, their coverage on the insurance covers only.
Speaker 1: Part of it, and the deductibles are.
Speaker 6: Giant, and if there's not enough money in the coffers, then each homeowner has to pay their share. Now, sometimes your own insurance can.
Speaker 1: Help cover that.
Speaker 6: Please hold on, Sherman, please, and we will take this problem and see if they're doing it the right way or not. This is terrible information, I know, but I think it's important for you to know more.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three zero three, seven to one to three talk.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call company insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Time ripped. You need that so you don't have come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome one and all.
Speaker 6: We are here solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. We left off with Sherman woob an hoa problem that I hear about.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 6: Sometimes consumers or residents have something they can do about it, Sometimes they can't.
Speaker 1: I do know this.
Speaker 6: It's a big shock having a condo or a town home, a big shock when it comes to insurance claims because they're not.
Speaker 1: Ready for it.
Speaker 6: And speaking of that, please check your insurance to make sure you have what's called loss assessment coverage.
Speaker 1: This is for condos, townhomes or hoa communities.
Speaker 6: What that means is it covers you if there are assessments made now not assessments for like parking lots and new windows or repainting, none of that.
Speaker 1: That's normal maintenance. But if you have an insurance loss that.
Speaker 6: A deductible does not cover, and they pass it on to the homeowners, it does cover up to a certain amount of that. You can buy losses estment coverage for five ten, I think, fifteen, twenty, twenty.
Speaker 1: Five or whatever. Compass insurance group is always the one.
Speaker 6: To check to make sure you have the right insurance. And that's a free check, no obligation. I promise you they will give you honest to god information if you have a great deal or not, or if you need better coverage or what you can get.
Speaker 1: That's three oh three nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 6: Now, So Sherman, I just want to explain the industry and then you tell me or the genre, the category of complaints we're getting, see if yours falls into this. But many homeowners in condo development communities, condo to communities or town homes, they're getting bills after a storm because the HIOA doesn't have enough to cover the deductible, or in some cases the HIA does not have coverage for roofs because more and more insurance companies are refusing to cover roofs on buildings. So they go to the homeowners and say, okay, we have a two hundred thousand dollars bill. There's two hundred homeowners. Each of you pay a thousand dollars. That's a simplified example. Is that what's happening in your case, Sherman, what's happening in your case?
Speaker 11: Yeah? That that is in that case. It was somewhere the longs the line of two million dollars.
Speaker 1: And now now hold on the two million dollars.
Speaker 6: First of all, are they collecting for the deductible or are they collecting for the whole roof?
Speaker 11: They say they are collecting for the repairs of the roof.
Speaker 6: Repairs, not replacement, No, not replacement. Is this after a storm or is this normal maintenance?
Speaker 11: No, this is after the hailstorms from May.
Speaker 1: And is the insurance paying any part of that?
Speaker 11: We have not heard nothing about the insurance. Now, okay, this is a deal that the homeowners have to pay.
Speaker 6: No, I understand. I understand that, Sherman. But are they paying for the whole roof or are they paying for the deductible? No matter what you're responsible for it. So why do you feel as part of the HOA that you would not be or you're saying that they're not, that they're overcharging.
Speaker 11: Tell me what you mean by that, Well, what I mean by that is because if we're paying the HOA that they are when we pay insurance for town homes and condos, they are supposed to cover everything outside of the walls, not the homeowner.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's not true, Sherman. They're supposed to here. No, no, it is true.
Speaker 1: Let me explain this.
Speaker 6: The HOA is responsible for everything outside of the walls. You are absolutely correct, Okay, So let's let's let's examine that. So now, in order to cover everything outside of the walls, let's say the condo development needed a paint job and it was going to cost a million dollars. Okay, they had to repaint the whole building, and I'm just using this as an example.
Speaker 1: The HOA would be responsible for that. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Now, let's say the HOA only has two hundred thousand dollars in surplus in their bank account and it's going to cost a million dollars to paint.
Speaker 1: Where did they get the other eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 11: That is beyond me.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to tell you something, Sherman, because you don't really know how it works with condos.
Speaker 1: You're part of the HOA.
Speaker 6: When you say the HOA is responsible, that means you and all of your neighbors are responsible. And if you don't pay enough in every month to have enough surplus, you either have to raise HOA fees or do an assessment. Because it's not magic. You see, your HOA is not something separate from you. It's not insurance, it's you. Now, let's say the HOA is responsible for the roof, and as you say they are, if they don't have enough insurance, who do.
Speaker 1: You think should pay it?
Speaker 6: Like when I talked about the painting, and when I talked about the roof, who is the HOA?
Speaker 1: If the HOA runs out of money, where do they go to get more money? The HOA? Where do they go? You're the HOA? Where do they go to get more money? To the members of the HOA?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: In other words, I don't think you. I think you're looking at.
Speaker 6: The hoas some kind of separate company that makes money off of the homeowners. I think you're mistaking them for a management company. All a management company does is collect us, pay bills and manage the property. But the actual money to pay those bills is not the responsibility of the management company. It's the responsibility of the homeowners. So yeah, I'm okay, go ahead, Sorry not go ahead? No, no, no, tell me your thoughts on this after talking about this, what do you think.
Speaker 1: About what I said?
Speaker 11: Well, so my thoughts on this was that if they're only doing patchwork, who's the deciding factor on the assessment that they got?
Speaker 1: You know, okay, you mean on the estimate. Okay, you're totally right, Sherman. See, you're you should be on the board because you're asking all the right questions. In other words, now Sherman is saying, okay, if it's our responsibility to each pay two or three grand, how do we know they got the best bid? Or how do we know somebody's not?
Speaker 6: Taking the world famous phrase kickback, everyone wonders that about their HOA. So that's what you're thinking, now, how do you know they got the best bids? Well, as a member of the HOA board, the members of the community have given them authority to do that. But as an owner, you and anyone else can question it. So have you guys gone to a meeting and said, hey, what other bids did we get? Is this the best bid?
Speaker 1: And is anyone making money off of this? I mean, have you done that yet? Because you're asking the right question, Sherman.
Speaker 11: I just got this email late Friday.
Speaker 1: So and what did they say? What did the email say?
Speaker 11: The email is stated, like I was telling you earlier about that we would be responsible for two percent of the cost of the repairs. And okay, patchwords done, and we had to pay that by the end of October.
Speaker 6: Okay, two percent. Let me explain what that means. You guys have what's called a two percent deductible. A lot of insurance companies are doing that.
Speaker 1: So do you know what that means?
Speaker 6: A two percent deductible? I mean, I don't mean to insult your intelligence, of course you do.
Speaker 11: No, No, I don't.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, okay, okay. So let's say the repairs are going to cost like this was your house. Let's say, and let's say the repairs because a lot of homeowners have this. Now, let's say the whole roof is going to cost sixty grand, right, So you so you multiply that by two percent, and your deductible would be twelve hundred dollars. Okay, it's it's two percent of the loss, or even worse, sometimes it's two percent of the dwelling.
Speaker 1: Let me explain how that works.
Speaker 6: Instead of two percent of the loss, Let's say you have a two percent of value. That means if your house is a million dollar house, you see, and you have a loss of any kind, this is where the problem comes in. Then you have a bigger deductible. Your deductible is twenty grand. So I don't know the insurance policy you guys have. It's either two percent of value or two percent of the claim.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? And you're allowed to see this, sherman.
Speaker 6: You can call them and say, I would like to know the two percent figure. Is it two percent of value or two percent of the claim? Hmm okay, And then then you can ask for proof. Can I see the insurance policy? And that policy probably lays it out. In fact, you can get a copy of the policy and we'll look at it for you. But then your next question is is that the best bid?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: You could easily and a few homeowners ask another roofer to give an estimate. You're all part of the community. Okay, how much is your assessment, Sherman.
Speaker 11: The assessment, I don't have it up.
Speaker 1: Roughly was it three grand?
Speaker 11: Did you say, yeah, yeah, three? I want to say thirty five to four thousand?
Speaker 1: He said, holy crap, holy So how many units are there?
Speaker 11: Ooh, that's a great, just roughly question. I would say maybe fifty.
Speaker 1: So you did the math, and the math is a two hundred thousand dollars deductible that's what they said.
Speaker 11: I remember that it said thirty five to four thousand. It wasn't an exact number.
Speaker 6: Thirty yeah, but that's going to be approximately two hundred thousand dollars they're raising. And if they're raising two hundred thousand dollars that's going that's a percentage of probably a percentage of the value.
Speaker 1: It's something.
Speaker 6: All I'm saying is this, I believe from what you're telling me, it doesn't sound like a ripoff. Okay, it doesn't sound like one. But we'd be happy to help you. If you get a copy of that stuff, we'll look at it for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So just call us back.
Speaker 6: I got a record of this right now, and you get a copy, you send it to us and we'll look at it. I'm Tom Martino. Three three seven you talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight. Heating dot com will take care of your furnace before you have trouble, or if you want a new one, maybe an electric or a hybrid because you have a solar system. They specialize in those high efficiency hybrids as well.
Speaker 1: Eight eight eight.
Speaker 6: Heating dot Com great people to know and the number is three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five Deputy BO Did you talk to those people?
Speaker 20: Uh?
Speaker 6: That woman about the builder, and did you ask the did you ever call the builder yet?
Speaker 1: I'm just curious he's.
Speaker 18: Out making a phone call telling good.
Speaker 6: Thank you doc, Thank you doc. Let's go to the phones and uh Antonio's next, and listen, man, these problems that come up with condos and townhomes are only going to get worse, just so you know. And then Deputy d has a follow up on that other one. We're going to talk about on that other.
Speaker 1: Just real quick, as long as you're here, let's just's just say real quick, So you did call uh the solar Solar.
Speaker 6: They've been selling batteries, taking payment and not making delivery. Okay, we've had two problems, and that tells me there's a lot more out there because we don't hear from everyone. So the guy contested his charge on the credit card. He wants to know if we can keep them off his back. You already did it one. What about this time?
Speaker 1: Same thing?
Speaker 8: I spoke with with my contact over its solar sovereign and he said that they will not fight the charge back of the seventeen thousand dollars that the consumer disputed on his credit card.
Speaker 6: Is there any reason why this is happening. Did you ask them what's going on with the company?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 8: I remain focused on solving the problem.
Speaker 6: So basically, I just like to know why the hell they're they're being such deadbeats to be honest with you, anyway, Okay, thank you. Three three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Come on, man, I don't know what the hell is going on here with my camera, but there I am, I think anyway, three oll three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, back to the phones, Antonio, let's talk about your issue with social Security.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 3: Yes, we just found out this morning that.
Speaker 10: My wife's Social Security was canceled because it was reported she had passed. But she is alive.
Speaker 1: How do you know? I'm just kidding. Okay, keep going, keep going, I'm just kidding. True, stupid, true.
Speaker 5: He's the one that told us, okay, there.
Speaker 18: Are no dishes in them.
Speaker 1: That's how you know, Because that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: That jokes as old as the Hills doc said, you can tell your wife's alive because there's no dishes piling up in the sink.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting. But anyway, so so.
Speaker 6: Really Antonio to be serious here, How was it reported? Whether did they get the name wrong or did you call social Security or what?
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 10: We're going to go to social Security as soon as my wife gets ready here.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you wait? You have an appointment, right, you have to have an appointment.
Speaker 10: Well over here in Greeley, we can walk in.
Speaker 1: Okay, of course you can.
Speaker 6: So listen if you're going to walk in, take your card and all that, and seriously, it'll be handled and then they will retroactively issue you the check. So really it's gonna they're really good at that. Every once in a while, a number gets crossed up or a name gets crossed up, and they do this. It's happened before. Did you have any additional questions or concerns?
Speaker 3: Well, we were kind of wondering because we thought maybe there was a friend that was staying here and they we believe that they act into my wife's social Security number and everything else because a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what difference with that? Oh, so you're thinking they're the ones that died.
Speaker 10: No, they're the ones that maybe tried to use my wife's health care.
Speaker 6: But what would that have to do What would that have to do with your wife being reported deceased.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: It wouldn't unless they're just trying to get back at us.
Speaker 1: Okay, that could be, of course. Here's what I think.
Speaker 6: I think it was a stupid mistake and you're going to take care of it today. But I'm writing it down and Antonio, if you call back at three to zero three, Martino, just write that down that Martino is six two seven eighty four six six after your thing. If you need more help, we will call you back. You will not have to stay on hold. So I really think they're going to take care of it. This happens quite a bit.
Speaker 18: Hey Tom, Yes, sir. Do you think they need a passport or birth certificate just to the understone?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 6: Good idea, good idea. You have to bring all kinds of ID with you, Antonio.
Speaker 1: Is he still up? Antonio?
Speaker 6: Antonio, bring more than just a license, a birth certificate if she has it, or a passport, yes, or both. I mean as much as you can bring, okay it. Just bring a birth certificate, license, any other kind of documentation, even a bill, credit card, anything that shows she's actively alive.
Speaker 1: And that's this is her and and thank you and let us know what goes on.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Hank, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Hank?
Speaker 21: For our your service over the forty years. I want to know if you're going to write a book?
Speaker 1: You know everyone says that, but I don't.
Speaker 6: And I want to say this very quickly. I, honest to God, do not believe it would be interesting. And for one reason I have and I've said this before, I handle thousands of small problems, and each of those problems are common to small groups of people. It's not one topic ubiquitous to all. So I think I might do something like this, the top ten problems or the top ten pitfalls for each category. I've been thinking about that, and I wanted to write a business book about what turns off consumers and how to turn.
Speaker 1: Them on again.
Speaker 6: So anyway, but Hank, what's going on with the intellectual property?
Speaker 11: Sir?
Speaker 21: I couldn't remember the name of that guy you used to have for Uh.
Speaker 6: He's still around, he's still working, Mark Trennor. He's an attorney at law.
Speaker 21: Do you have his number?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: Actually hold on, let me now, you're challenging me to get this quickly. But Mark Trennor, he doesn't live in Colorado, but he's licensed here and he still does in its federal law, so.
Speaker 1: He can handle it.
Speaker 6: Let me give you his number here. It is, uh, it's seven to zero two two one three seven zero eight.
Speaker 21: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Now his his emails easy to remember, Mark at and it's Mark with a K, mark at trenor law dot com. Why what did you uh? What did you invent? Sir?
Speaker 21: I have I have an idea for a book? Uh, and I you know, trade marching?
Speaker 6: Then well you've done and I normally you don't trademark a book. You copyright it, okay, but copyright is done.
Speaker 1: When you create it. You don't really need it. Well, you can ask them questions, but really you don't. Really. The only thing you need to.
Speaker 6: Enforce a copyright is the copy written. And by the way, it is copyright our igh t. But when I say copy written, I'm talking about the thing you wrote.
Speaker 1: So when you write.
Speaker 6: Something, the copy it becomes copyrighted automatically, and you can you can verify the creation date by registering it. That's what gets you the protection. Once it's registered, you're entitled to damages for someone who steals any part of it, And it's cheap and easy to register it with the Copyright Office. It's and you can probably google it and do it yourself. I'm not what's saying you shouldn't call the attorney.
Speaker 1: You can call him. He'll give you all kinds of information.
Speaker 21: We got more reasonable guy when used to come on your show.
Speaker 6: Oh he's totally great, you'll love him. Three all three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: So let's see on this question.
Speaker 6: Basically, Okay, I gotta take Diane she's been waiting a while, Diane. I'm so sorry, was it, Diane, Diane, what's going on?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 19: On Saturday I had a knock on my door and it was a police officer and he had had someone from out of state phone in a welfare check for the common wall unit next to my house.
Speaker 1: Somebody called in a welfare check on you, Diane.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, no, no, no, on my neighbor. But the police came to my door because they wanted to talk to me because nobody was answering. And I said, she's very frail, she's going downhill, she can barely walk. So we went over and we knocked and knocked, and we went into the back and knocked and knocked, and the police said that they couldn't go in. It would have to go to social services. So here we are as of last night. No one there's been no indication that anyone's checked on her. So I called the non emergency of all.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get gross.
Speaker 6: I don't want to get gross here, but I do want to ask something seriously, Are there any are there any odors or anything?
Speaker 1: Crazy? No?
Speaker 19: No, we we we but the but the door is pretty solid, you know, we didn't smell anything. We went into the back and to see if.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's who called the welfare check who called the work.
Speaker 19: Someone from out of state that talks to her from time to time, and they were very concerned because they had been calling and calling and there had been no answer.
Speaker 1: Uh oh.
Speaker 19: Yeah, And I just you know, the police just blew me off and said it's being handled. But I haven't seen any indication. You know, I know when my mom fell and my sister called the ambulance to kick the door in, you know, and I tried to look in.
Speaker 1: Well, they they can not. You're right about that, You're right about that.
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 1: Can you call management?
Speaker 20: Is this?
Speaker 1: Is this a con or a town home or an apartment? Rented homes?
Speaker 19: We we know we have own our units individually, but okay, this just doesn't seem right.
Speaker 1: Can you go to the management company or the manager on site?
Speaker 19: No, No, we don't have a manager on site and they would have nothing to do with this.
Speaker 1: They just yeah, yeah, Okay, I'm not I'm really serious when I'm telling you this. How about a locksmith?
Speaker 19: Well do I have? I mean, I don't want to get myself in trouble.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you'd have to you have to tell a fib. You'd have to tell a fib like it's your aunt, you need to get in there or something.
Speaker 1: Probably, you know what, I don't know what to do with the police are sitting on their ass What police department? What the police department? Is this?
Speaker 19: So it was Aurora and I called, you know late last night. I couldn't sleep, you know, I'm like.
Speaker 6: Well, according listen, listen if it's Auror police. Of course into Channel nine and Kyle Clark. They have no crime in Aurora, so the police should have plenty of time. There's no problem anywhere in a row.
Speaker 19: The policeman was wonderful. He was wonderful that he said, we are not authorized to do this at happen.
Speaker 1: But when do they get authorized?
Speaker 19: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 11: I mean, I mean, come on, do they.
Speaker 1: Wait until it's so obvious that there's a stink? What if you you know what? I know what I would do? No, never mind, I can't tell you on there.
Speaker 19: I don't want to do anything illegal.
Speaker 1: But okay, now is it illegal? If you say, I if illegal? If you say I think I heard somebody moaning and screaming and Tom.
Speaker 18: Hey, Diana, the only way you would get in trouble is if your neighbor filed a complaint, which it sounds like she would never do.
Speaker 1: Hey, Doc, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 10: I'm not strong.
Speaker 19: Like that, you know, I'm not saying.
Speaker 6: But if you called police and say you heard some moaning or screaming in there, you think, what are they going to say?
Speaker 1: You're you're committing a crime. For God's sakes? What if you think you heard some screaming? I think I hear screaming now, and then now.
Speaker 18: Tell them what I meant this is you called the locksmith. The only way that that would be that you would get in trouble.
Speaker 1: No, no, but the locksmith wouldn't do it, is the problem. Unless she told them FIB. She'd have to say the locksmith's say, why do you want to do?
Speaker 19: I'm I don't want to tell a FIB or anything. I mean, I just that's just not my.
Speaker 1: Nature, all right, Diane? Then hold on seriously, but you know what, God, listen, here's.
Speaker 6: What I want to say, Okay, And I understand that, and you're right, maybe I shouldn't even be suggesting that or that you say, I think I heard a moaning or screaming or something.
Speaker 1: Now here's the deal.
Speaker 6: The truth is, when presented with reality, you react with what the circumstances present. And here is what the circumstances are presenting, honest to God.
Speaker 1: Do nothing. Yeah, you know what, You've done everything you can. Wait the police, and the police came. You've done everything you can.
Speaker 6: So what you do now is nothing, and you wait for the stink to get so bad that everyone around is going to say something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what you wait.
Speaker 19: Still about social services, we had a welfare check. I'm on the board of the HOA and we had a welfare check on a unit that's a hoarding situation and they, you know, social services were the ones that got involved and went in and I think they did locksmith it. It was you know, the guy wasn't there and they found the me living someplace else. But you know, is this a social services thing? I mean were they? Were they correct?
Speaker 6: But wouldn't the police call them? Wasn't the police called welfare and ask I would?
Speaker 19: I'm sure that the police officer that was here, he was. He was wonderful, he really was.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 19: We talked a lot about her and her health, and we tried to look in the windows to see if we could see her laying on the ground, because that might have been something that the police could have. You know, if we saw it laying on the ground, maybe the police could do something. But you know, he said, we can't just go and kick people's doors.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's right, he's right. But I mean, Tom, it's knocked on the door. What's that?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 19: We knocked on We knocked on the front, on the windows. We went in the back gate and we tried to look in. We couldn't see anything for her curtains, and we banged on the back door. We did everything that was reasonable.
Speaker 1: What bo, Tom, Why don't I meet Diana.
Speaker 18: I'll go over there and I'll unlock the door.
Speaker 1: How will you unlock it?
Speaker 18: I used to work for the locksmith when I went to college.
Speaker 19: Well, if you're willing to do that and take that risk, you you buy all me.
Speaker 6: Well, if there's no intent to rob, and we had this record of the show, I mean, what the hell are.
Speaker 1: We going to fall over there with you Diana?
Speaker 12: And we'll just unlocked the door, take a peek and look inside and see what's going on and leave and if it's an emergency, you can call nine to one to one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: In general, this is what my girlfriend is telling me. In general, social services cannot break into an apartment for a welfare check, even if the person has not been heard from in weeks or months. However, they can request assistance from law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Who might be able to break in if it is urgent.
Speaker 6: See, so they're going to defer to law enforcement in situations involving people who might be in danger. Request for a welfare check from social services. Family members, neighbors, family members.
Speaker 1: Can request that people open the door law enforcement.
Speaker 19: I don't know that. I think she's a strange from her only daughter. I have never seen. I haven't seen the daughter, and I think Mary is very old.
Speaker 6: Law enforcement may forcibly enter the apartment if they or the dwelling, if they believe.
Speaker 1: Someone is in danger. Okay, And so there has to be probable cause or clear evidence or no or no response.
Speaker 6: And a history of health concerns. Look, the police just don't want to get involved.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom line. They have enough to go on right now, Tom, maybe go to lines one and two. All right, Mike has a comment. First, go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 22: Hi, Tom, I'm a retired firefighter, and she needs to hang up right now and call nine one one and get the police, or not the police, but fire and paramedics over there, because they will do something about it. The cops are always afraid to break into somewhere because they got to write a mountain of paperwork to justify what they did, whereas the fire department won't think twice about gaining entry to that.
Speaker 1: But will they ask her, Will they ask her why she's calling nine?
Speaker 11: Absolutely they will, And.
Speaker 23: You're making some assumptions I could tell by listening to this, but she may very well be alive in that apartment and they need to get the fire department and medics over there right now.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Dave, what is your comment? Go ahead, Dave, Yeah, how are you telling me?
Speaker 24: I had the same problem on the property manager that the lady's son called me and she's been there like thirty years and we didn't have a cheater unit. So we went and through a windows and I found her dead in the hallway and got out and called the police, and they got kind of upset with me because I was in that apartment. You're not supposed defeat because I think it's about play going on but on investigat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to be accused of killing her, that's just true.
Speaker 25: I mean that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, Dave, But I think what that other guy said is the best. Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Let's call nine one one and call paramedics and bo. If you want to go over there and call them with.
Speaker 1: Her, you can.
Speaker 6: I'll leave it up to Kaschina to talk to her off the air. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Tony, what's going on with excel.
Speaker 26: Me the utility line that's really close to the ground and needed to be put on a tole past and we knew that when we moved into the house. Never did anything corrected. And then with his hill firm the key at the end of may or fight the end of June, the riffer come out and he said, do you tell any line pulling away from the rocks and you're going to get an injou situation. We need to colleagues allergy. So we did it and they came out on Friday, and so one of my husband talked to it. Ex was became friendly and helpful, but then the technician came out and was rather condescending and basically size, you know, nobody's an electrics yet, and you know how old is the house, and we're responsible and if we're responsible, I mean, that's totally fine. I get that, but I just wondered if that's all responsible for anything up to the house.
Speaker 6: Yes, hold on, hold on and we'll answer your question, Tony. We also have Denver region dot com. We're getting a lot of questions, especially about something called EXI songs or exit zones whatever.
Speaker 1: We're talking about that and more coming up.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 19: Yeah, rip of.
Speaker 11: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice, you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come runnious as can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 19: Come.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martinez, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. For those streaming on YouTube, you'll see have doctor Joel with me here and we're talking to Denver Regen dot com and we're talking about stem cells.
Speaker 6: And stem cell therapy. Somebody wants to know about xenme ex exosomes. What what is an exosome? I know, yet you use some of that for the hair stuff, right right, So I'm trying to explain this as simply as possible. So, Uh, when you have a stem cell, the way that the stem cells communicate with anything else on the body, the way that they do their work is by sending out a packet of material. You know, these are also how your body communicates neurotransmitters or another way that your body communes. It's the chemical signal that the cell creates. And what stem cells do is they create the protein signal. They can create this chemical messenger inside the cell, and then as the chemical messenger leaves the sell it takes a packet of the cell membrane with it in a little it's just a little.
Speaker 27: Packete and that's how it grows new cells. That's what an exozone is. Oh'll pack it. Yeah, it's the packet of material of information that's being sent from the stem cells.
Speaker 6: So it's almost it's almost speeding up the stem cell. It is it is, it's going one step further as saying this is what the stem cell is going to do anyway, so let's do it directly, right.
Speaker 27: So what these companies do that we get the exosomes from is they'll grow huge vats of stem cells and they'll siphon off and then you know, extract just the exosomes.
Speaker 1: And the FDA doesn't consider that a drug. They don't. Wow, they don't.
Speaker 27: They don't anymore than they would inbilical cord stem cells, which we also right.
Speaker 1: But if you if you concentrate stem cells.
Speaker 27: What we can't do, well you can't do in the United States is take stem cells out of somebody's body, hold on to them for two weeks while you grow more and more stem cells out of them.
Speaker 1: That's called manipulation, called manipulation.
Speaker 27: So what we do in every procedure, every joint procedure that we do, every stem cell procedure where we're using a patient's own stem cells, which is the majority of our joint pro seizures, we take them out, isolate them right on site, and get them back into somebody's body within a you know, an hour at the.
Speaker 1: Moment, so you've had it done and you mix with it sometimes PRP and SOL platelets from the blood as well.
Speaker 27: But what I wanted to mention is that we've never ran into a situation where we didn't have enough stem cells to do multiple joints in one sitting. We can do two shoulders to I've seen you know, we've done more than one on you.
Speaker 1: I believe. Then where do the eggs home? Sad? You know you did. You did a great job with me. I can't say enough about it.
Speaker 6: But the biggest problem I told you with stem cell therapy is that the improvement is so gradual and far reaching that when I started feeling better three or four months later, I mean totally perfect, my wife had to remind me, well, you had stem cells, remember, and I told you that. I said, can it take this long? You said, of course it can.
Speaker 1: Well, let me address that and what we've done that kind of accelerate that.
Speaker 27: So, first of all, when we're talking about a lower back that has the least amount of blood flow of anything else that we do, so those usually do take a little bit longer for the results to be noticed by the patient. But as of I'd say about six months ago, we added another product to our stem cell protocol called MVT or microvascular tissue. We've got this product recommended to us by one of our sales reps.
Speaker 1: It's used in wound healing.
Speaker 27: It's used by doctors that treat diabetic patients for wound eating because it promotes blood vessel proliferation. And what we found is when we add this to our procedures, instead of taking a month for people to start noticing results, we're seeing that within two weeks people are coming about Okay, I'm starting to feel it.
Speaker 1: So it's really exceling. Use exisomes with stem cells too. Now, we use exosomes to do the hair procedure.
Speaker 27: Primarily, you know, we would use exosomes in a situation where we felt like somebody's own stem cells wouldn't be strong enough because maybe they're too old or too sick. We use exosomes to treat systemic diseases, so when we treat someone with Parkinson's, when we treat someone with.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, the reason okay now, and then you brought that up. I want to bring it up, Tony. I'll get right to you. I promise the reason now, you just brought that up. So I want to tell you that we have a text here about systemic exozome infusion.
Speaker 1: We do that all the time. You do intervenous Yes, what is that expensive?
Speaker 27: It ranges in price. I mean it's not inexpensive. It's about the same cost as a stem cell procedure for each infusion that we do. Uh So it can be pretty pricey for patients, but it can be several thousand dollars per procedure. But for people who have lifetime debilitating, progressing systemic.
Speaker 6: Deser So what does what does exosomes inject it into your bloodstream?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 1: They go to the problem areas.
Speaker 27: Basically, they sort of hone in on the signal that is inflammation.
Speaker 1: So well, I've heard they've actually increased kidney function in people who had bad kidneys.
Speaker 27: Wherever you have dysfunction in your body, you're going to have inflammation. And inflammation consists of chemical signals that are being sent out to your body inside your body, typically to attract stem cells from your own body. Uh So, then when we when we infuse your body with these sell products, they go to the area, they're attracted to the areas where the inflammation occurs and really accelerate the healing process. So, if you have something that's chronic disease where your body's getting worse and worse and there's chronic inflammation, your body's not able to heal that it kind of turns the switch back to healing from chronic debilitation. And starts to rebuild rather than allow, you know, continued inflammation to degrade.
Speaker 6: Many years ago, a doctor who I've followed for years, he's a friend of mine. He's now in India doing his thing, doctor Ron Rosedale. He said, the number one reason for disease is the lack of signaling and that causes inflammation.
Speaker 1: And inflammation and signaling are two problems. And you mentioned both.
Speaker 6: Inflammation is everything inflammation, and inflammation causes breakdown. Inflammation is everything, and it's amazing, it causes uh everything.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 1: Now you're getting into an advanced topic.
Speaker 27: And we do have a few patients that have been with us for years at this point who use exosome infusions as part of their anti aging regiment.
Speaker 1: Now that's going to be cost prohibitive for most people to do.
Speaker 27: But you know, if you really want to decrease inflammation increase your longevity, uh, I don't know if too many other things you can do that would be as efficacious that would work as well as having an infusion therapy.
Speaker 6: And of course you have to be sure you get exosomes and because I mean, just like with anything in life, there's good suppliers and bad suppliers, right, and uh, okay three all three seven, one, three, eight two five five Tony, what's going on with excel Tony?
Speaker 26: Yes, So my question is a best sell energy. Are they responsible for everything that comes up to the house and the more responsible for.
Speaker 19: What is to do?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: Actually, and technically.
Speaker 6: You're responsible for the mast down to your anything attached to your house. Once that line gets attached to your house, it's their service line technically, but if it's if it's on your mask down into your box, it's your responsibility, even though you know there's no clear cutoff except in the past it has been the mast.
Speaker 1: So let me give you an example. If a truck came through an alley.
Speaker 6: Some of these houses in Denver have alleys, and the alleys a lot of these service lines droop and a truck pulls it down. The truck would be responsible, by the way, but the truck's responsible to you. They are not going to public service or no excuse me, Excel Energy is not going to redo your mast.
Speaker 1: You have to do it with an electrician and have it done. And if it's old, it's your Yes, it's your responsibility.
Speaker 26: So even it's like a code violation, with the city.
Speaker 6: Well, of course that it's especially your problem if it's a code violation. Okay, well but what and again, Tony, I want to help you, But what makes you think why wouldn't it be your problem?
Speaker 26: Figure utilities, you know, like when they come in from trees and things that doesn't bring a line down.
Speaker 6: Let me let me put it to you this way. Let's take another utility. Let's take water. The water main is out on the street. If you have a problem with the line that goes from the street to your house, that's.
Speaker 1: Your problem, right.
Speaker 6: If you Let's take another one. Let's take a sewer line. The sewer is in the street, the main sewer.
Speaker 1: If you have any problem from that line to your house, it's your problem. So so you are responsible.
Speaker 6: Now with the power line, you're actually not responsible for the service line from the from the power pole or underground transformer to your house.
Speaker 1: Well you are in some cases.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't say that, but in most cases with Excel, the overhead lines going from the pole to your house they take care of, but they will not take care of the mast down through to your panel.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's how much is that going to cost you? Diane oh.
Speaker 26: Well, he told us, you know, don't turn up, get to turn off the electricity. Obviously they do. And at one point they told us it would be like as to turn off the electricity to the house and then return it out. And the technician told my husband two thousand dollars to touch the mass.
Speaker 19: Okay, yeah right up there probably probably yeah right.
Speaker 1: Who did you talk to? What electrician?
Speaker 26: We didn't talk to an electrician. This was some man from Excel Energy that okay.
Speaker 6: Now, if you want good recommendations, we have some really good electricians on referral lists dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you can depend on them.
Speaker 6: I'm serious, because I don't want I don't want you to get ripped off.
Speaker 1: But so so electricians would be geez, where are they here? I thought I just had them.
Speaker 6: I looked them up here electrical contractors. Maybe electrician didn't come up. I don't know why that didn't come up. Hold on, let me make sure that I thought I had. Oh yeah, yeah, here they are Williams and Sons Electric elkcorn Heating.
Speaker 1: Well that's the whole thing we have. Then, of course, all the ones that.
Speaker 6: Do the like plumb line, they do electric and fix it twenty four seven does electric, but they know plumbing, heating, cooling, electric trains that's fixed at twenty four seven plumb line and then uh, you know, but but then just electric attricians Williams and Sons Electric.
Speaker 1: But if you go to referral Liss dot com you will find.
Speaker 6: Them listed and uh and then you ought to uh uh get that done though, because that's a dangerous situation. Thank you Tony for calling on Tom Martino three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Renew Home Innovations for your beautiful showers. If you're looking for a beautiful shower conversion, get rid of the shub, that's the the shower tub, coombo, beautiful stone walls, no maintenance glass panels, Uh, unbelievable. That's renew home Innovations dot com. They do it in two or three days, by the way, No maintenance showers, custom made for your movements, and you have seventy two months to pay with no interest. And that's for custom to your design. Renew Home Innovations dot Com. Three three nines are a four to two thousand go with a sure thing. Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Alan?
Speaker 1: What's going on with your roofing company?
Speaker 15: Alan?
Speaker 1: Hi Com?
Speaker 15: Okay, well.
Speaker 16: Thanks taking my call. Yes, sir, it was a new installation in the fall of twenty fourteen and a home in Denver.
Speaker 9: My wife and I bought the home.
Speaker 1: Was it an insurance job, No, it was.
Speaker 16: A brand new built so from scratch. Well the TPO it's a membrane roof, one of those flat roofs. And we didn't actually buy the home brand new. We bought it a couple of years later, early in twenty seventeen, from the original owner, but the warranty I believe the seven years that came and transferred over.
Speaker 1: With the roof it did it?
Speaker 15: Did?
Speaker 1: It did transfer over?
Speaker 11: Yes, it did.
Speaker 16: But unfortunately we just kept having leaks and problems and the roofing company would show up.
Speaker 1: And when was the roofing co? When was the warranty up?
Speaker 16: I believe it would have been twenty twenty one?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so what's your question?
Speaker 16: Well, unfortunately the kind of got thrown along to where the statue of limitations is up, so I can no longer take legal action.
Speaker 1: But I hold on, hold on.
Speaker 6: If okay, back then when it was happening, the warranty would be extended to the extent that the original problem was never fixed. If it's the same problem, if they are new problems, you're sol If it's the same nagging problem, they have to continue fixing it because it was never fixed.
Speaker 1: You never got the benefit of the warranty after it expired in twenty twenty one. What continual problems did you have?
Speaker 16: So it's continued until I hired another roofing company to tear apart the.
Speaker 1: Roof and fix it. So well till when what year was that?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 16: So just last month? I mean actually they just finished last week.
Speaker 1: But hold on, right, So what happened from twenty twenty one when the route when they'd expired to last week or last month? What happened?
Speaker 16: So in twenty twenty two, Right Roofing came out and attempted to do another repair, and they said they were doing out of the kindness of their heart, where they charged me for the material because it was no longer quote unquote under warranty, but they covered the labor and again did not fix the problem. And then this summer I called them and said, hey, guess what, it's still a problem. They came back out and tried to pretend that it was no longer their responsibility. And once we actually got real roofers out to take a look, they were all appalled. One that ever got signed off by the city inspector in the first place because it was such a shossy job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't have responsibility. What else.
Speaker 16: Two they were just appalled how poor the refing job was done in way?
Speaker 1: In what way?
Speaker 16: I mean, just shoddy work. It was just looking at it, they could.
Speaker 6: Tell like, wow, how yeah, but that's easy. That's easy for rufers to say. Was there an actual defect in the installation, because sometimes it's the time of discovery where the statute of limitations counts.
Speaker 16: So in twenty seventeen when I first or twenty and eighteen, a year after about the house, when I first started discovering some of the major issues, I actually hired another rufer because I'm not a roofer, who said, oh wow, there's a lot of problems, and he was kind enough to supervise the right's rufing crew what he could go back and repair things that were not built up to code. And the biggest problem, which we have been discover once we tore everything apart, there's a parapet wall. The membrane is supposed to go up and over the parapet wall to meet code, so water does not get in the cap of the parapet wall. That was never done, even though we said, hey, this isn't code.
Speaker 1: So did you have the entire room free installed last month?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what are you calling about today.
Speaker 16: I don't want anybody else to ever use right rooping. They should be on your list. I just don't want other consumers to get ripped off by this company.
Speaker 20: Okay, hold on rice are as in the food rice right r e I t z r e I t z r e I t z.
Speaker 6: Okay by right r e I t z okay. We need to look into it for sure. Have they have you looked online? Do they have a lot of complaints?
Speaker 16: They have a lot of complaints they respond to usually in the Google reviews, including my complaint they responded to. I filed a complaint with a Better Business Bureau, and they kind.
Speaker 1: Of have they have like they have like a really good ratings man.
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, but if you look there, it's interesting they have a lot of five stars and a lot of one stars, and you know, who knows how they're getting some of the five stars. But my interaction is pretty bad.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, you know, I mean it's possible, I mean, very unlikely that these review people have it down.
Speaker 1: It's very unlikely they're fake. I mean they're all fake. But I mean, like, for example, if you go.
Speaker 6: To Yelp, though they only have they only have three and a half stars or no three point three. So you're right, there's mixed reviews. Yeah yeah, and they're all the ones that are bad are like yours.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, you know, other than warning people, I wish there was something you could do or I mean, but it's really difficult because you let so much time pass.
Speaker 6: And besides, I don't know how strong of the case you would have had with the transfer of a warranty. It depends on what it's said about the transfer. But right, how much of your roof is this a home?
Speaker 11: Yes, it's a duplex.
Speaker 1: How much of your house is flat roof?
Speaker 11: All of it?
Speaker 16: There's two different levels of flat roof, plus a flat roof on the garage.
Speaker 1: My god, I just never heard of a residence with all flat roofing.
Speaker 16: Common in these modern builds in Denver.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess what I call the Frank Lloyd wrong? There you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So anyway, I'm sorry this happened to him, Alan, Seriously, I don't know. Sometimes construction defect attorneys, though, will go from time of discovery and you can say it was absolutely discovered when you had it repla.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: You might want to take a stab at that three O three seven to one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martine, you're a troubleshooter. THREEO three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Kurt has a question? Go ahead, Kurt, what's happening?
Speaker 28: Hey?
Speaker 14: I was just curious regarding your top surgery for your back. How is that going for you?
Speaker 6: It do wonders, Yeah, it did now for those listening, it's an alternative to fusion. And what it is is it's approved for one level and they're in approval now for multiple levels. When I had it done and I think still it's only one level, I'm not sure, but it would still work the same. And what it is is basically an artificial facet and joint and they actually don't fuse it together with a cage where you don't have movement. Those fail eighty five percent of the time, and even when they're successful, people still have pain because of adjacent It's called adjacent fact or what is it called joel the adjacent disk.
Speaker 1: Disease with a fusion, where people still have pain after a fusion.
Speaker 27: Well, it'll start to degenerate the levels. It'll degenerate the levels above and below it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, so what TOPS does is it fuse. It doesn't fuse. It that it takes the place. They cut out.
Speaker 6: Those facets that are impinging on nerves so they can never impinge again, no more arthritis. Then they put in Then they put in this titanium transplant that stems that space and it is an it's amazing. And the titanium transplant looks like an artificial two facets and a disc, and so that's the one level. And of course with more levels you'd have more.
Speaker 1: So they put it in.
Speaker 6: They put it in August ninth to twenty twenty three, and that night I'm walking around the hospital board because that's board out of my mind, that walking around Briskly and the fusion patients were all in bed moaning. And the next day I left and I was working out. I was working out four to six weeks later working out at the gym, and I was running and cycling and horseback riding about two months later. And I've had follow up x rays and I've never had never once back pain after that. Now, I'm not saying I don't have aches and pains. I have normal aches and pains like everyone would.
Speaker 1: You know, when you work out, you have your core, you have your ql muscles, you have your hamstrings, you have all the normal stuff. But no nerve pain ever.
Speaker 6: Again and to me, and again, I just had a dear friend who just texted me saying he went through a fusion, a one layer fusion, and he's still in pain. And he says they're telling him it could be more than a year before he feels relieved. And I wish you would have talked to me before he went.
Speaker 1: Because it's approved by the FDA, and I'm so sorry he went through that. Do you have a one level bothering you right now?
Speaker 19: I do?
Speaker 14: Yeah, possibly two level. I'm curious, have you had any symptoms like pain? Uh, some pain, but mainly numbness and tingling in your feeding, like like weakness in your legs before the surgery.
Speaker 11: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, before the surgery, for sure I did. There were times I couldn't move it.
Speaker 14: Did that get rid of the tingling and numbness.
Speaker 1: Instantly as soon as I awoke from surgery.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny is they they said to me, now, remember, you're gonna have surgical pain, and I don't. But but comparatively to what I the pain I went into surgery with I had. I mean, yeah, there was surgical pain, sight pain, but I didn't even recognize it because I was so out of pain in the rest of my body. Wow, listen, man, I can't tell everyone it's gonna it's gonna have this effect on them.
Speaker 1: But it has been in a miracle for me. Now, I do want to say something out of fairness.
Speaker 6: I almost didn't have it done because I had stem cell therapy done by Joel by doctor by his docs over there at Denver Regen dot Com. Okay, I had it done, and three to four months later I was feeling so good and I thought, hmm, I wonder if I need the surgery. But I went forward with the surgery. But I want to tell you why I went forward with the surgery because it was so far gone that. What the stem cell therapy did was relieve symptoms, but there was no way to grow back that joint or to do away with all that arthritis. And even even the people at Regen said, you know, you may still need surgery, but this is going to get you through. And the reason I needed surgery is because I was so far gone. But even being that far gone, it helped tremendously, which means I would try that unless you know, my facets were so bad they would have come back anyway and just haunted me. And I didn't want to be old, an old man going through that kind of surgery, so I had it done. But so in any case, if yours is really far gone, and you have arthritis and pinging on nerves and you have tingling and numbness and weakness, and do you have the pain?
Speaker 1: Do you have the pain?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, a.
Speaker 14: Little bit of pain, but mainly numbness and tingling. And I just got done with a frame anotomy supposedly, and the partial lamin next to me that didn't do much of anything.
Speaker 6: That's called decompression surgery, and what that does is open up the nerves.
Speaker 25: Right.
Speaker 6: Don't ever do thermal ablation don't ever do thermal ablation because that's where they burn the nerves that burn.
Speaker 1: Because here's what happened with me. I had that done years ago by a bunch of shlocks at the spin Spinal Institute or something of America.
Speaker 6: Anyway, what happens there is they blaze the nerves. The nerves relieve because they're burned, they're gone. They grow back with scar tissue, and then you have more pain that you can't.
Speaker 1: Get rid of so easily because it's they're all scarred and they're there, and they're even harder to get rid of. So that's why I went with this tops procedure. And again it's pre for those looking it up, it's premium spine. I had doctor Josh beckman uh At Sayda's or now it's spirit or what is it called now, But in any case, he's that spinal I forget what what the hell is?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 1: Though, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: Every time I give out his number name, they go nuts because I filled up their damn their damn waiting room.
Speaker 1: I did, and and I I because I was so, I was so how do I put it?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 6: It's called neural Let's see Neurosurgery one is his practice, and it's not just him a load. There's a load of doctors there. Neurosurgery one. I had doctor Beckman. There's a lot of good doctors that do it, so good good luck to you Man. Ray, you have a question for Joel. We may have to take a break before he answers it. What's your question for doctor Joel?
Speaker 18: Ray?
Speaker 9: I have arthritis and my left tip and I went to the doctor back in June. They touched some X rays and informed me, you know, and tried BT and so forth, and it's just gotten progressively worse my left thigh. If I'm sitting up in bed, my left eye gets numb and feels like it's burning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all very typical.
Speaker 6: Hang on, Okay, Ray, I promise you will come right back to you right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, welcome.
Speaker 1: To the show. We got a question for Ray for uh, for Joel, for doctor Joel. Go ahead, Ray, what's your question?
Speaker 9: Well, as I was saying earlier before, oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I touched me before it, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the arthritists and my left tip and now a few months have gone by, tried PT and uh it's just getting worse. Like you gotch hangling in my left eye and uh a little bit of numbness in my toes and what.
Speaker 11: Do you think?
Speaker 27: Well, did you've had X rays in an MRI on that hip, And what they're telling you is that it's it's continuing to general arthritis.
Speaker 9: I've just had X rays. I'm scheduled to go back to see my doctor next week. And then I was going to ask him, what you know, what's the next step?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 9: But since I heard you on the show, I mean, here's my situation. I mean, with my health insurance, I'm retired. If I have hip replacement done. It's a sixty five dollars a deductible and Medicare won't kick in a dime because it's not outpatient.
Speaker 1: Right when we run into this issue a lot of times, Wait a minute, I thought Medicare would pay for the for your deductor. I mean, Medicare would pay a lot towards your surgery if it was hip replacement.
Speaker 9: No, if it's if it's out if it's outpatient, no, if it's inpatient, I stay in the hospital. Yes, they've helped, that's what I was told.
Speaker 1: Then wait a minute, you're telling me you can have hip replacement done and it's not.
Speaker 29: Impatient, that's what they're telling Well, they said that's an option that you know, depending on the severity. And I explained to whom I had arthritis, and so, I mean, obviously a lot more tests have to be done, like an MRI, since it's gotten worse.
Speaker 1: What kind of Medicare do you have? Do you have Part A, part being a supplement?
Speaker 20: I have.
Speaker 11: I have Part A, and then I have Advantage Blue Shield.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's through through the federal government. Yeah, and there's a sixty five dollars deductible annually.
Speaker 27: Geez, So you know This is what I would tell any patient in your situation. Uh, it doesn't cost you anything to have us take a look at your X rays and consult with you and tell you what we think we can do.
Speaker 1: We do a ton of hips.
Speaker 27: It's probably the second most common area of the body that we treat after knees.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 27: And a lot of the success that we're able to have will be dependent on how badly degenerative that hip is, and a lot of that we can determine just from an X ray, So we know, with an X ray and a consultation, we can give you a fairly good idea whether or not what we do is going to be helpful for you. And obviously you know we don't have a long standing successful business because we're telling people that we're promising more than right.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's why when they looked at mine, they said, you know, Tom, we think we can do you some good, but you still may need surgery in the future. They were very honest with me. They're gonna tell you what they think, and it doesn't cost you anything to do it.
Speaker 1: So once you get the.
Speaker 27: MRI right, yeah, well we don't we might not even necessarily need to have an MRI. We just need to have a clear X ray picture of that hip and then we can measure and see how bad the degenerate of arthritis is just from the x ray, because you know, an MRI is going to show you the soft tissue, but an X ray is going to show you the bones, and what we're looking at is the degeneration of the bones.
Speaker 1: So that'll give us most likely enough.
Speaker 6: I would definitely get that done, to get that consultation done, Denver Regen dot com. Okay, Dave, we'll take your question up first.
Speaker 1: In the next hour. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have a lot to talk about on the Troubleshooter.
Speaker 6: Show, more on FedEx and that fiasco, and if you have any FedEx stories, let me know please, because I have a feeling I can't be the only one. Treo three Martino go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 6: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rita, you need advis who you don't have, come running, just as as as the can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help, come.
Speaker 5: Man Dix, he is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three ozho three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show. Let's see what's in store for us. We're gonna take some calls, solve some problems, to answer some questions. We have a question on car insurance.
Speaker 1: From Dave and then we go to UH.
Speaker 6: Let's see we go to UH doctor Chill chardak about Denver region. We also have some follow us from deputies UH and then FedEx fiasco.
Speaker 1: Dave, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Sir THI you don John?
Speaker 15: I had a question for you. I was insurre with Progressive and I got into an accident and with a mic fall and the lady that hit me, he's only had twenty five grand, so they paid out twenty five. But I had some medical bills and it came to all to get it came to one hundred and twenty five grand I got, but a hundred grant. I had to turn around and soup my insurance progressive for it because you only had twenty five grand.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you something. Hold on.
Speaker 6: I mean there's a few coverages I want people to know about since they're listening to this. What Dave is talking about is the other party was under insured. Unfortunately, the minimums have not caught up, have not stayed current with life. Can you imagine? I believe the state minimums are fifteen and twenty five. You can actually drive a car in Colorado and only be insured for fifteen thousand dollars a person or twenty five thousand per incident.
Speaker 1: I believe that's what it is. It's they're ridiculous minimums.
Speaker 6: But the legislature, our progressive legislature, I should mention, will not allow it to be raised because they feel it would be, in their words, racist, So they want to keep the insurance rates low so everyone can afford insurance, and I understand that, but unfortunately, as a result, most people who get hit by an insured driver in Colorado have no coverage or very little covers, as Dave found out. So we have to then ensure ourselves. So there's two ways to.
Speaker 1: Ensure ourselves when it's someone else's fault.
Speaker 6: One is called medical payments, which you can buy for five, ten, fifteen grand. The other way is underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage.
Speaker 1: So Dave, my question to you is which one did you use? Of your insurance.
Speaker 15: Hundred thousand dollars policy?
Speaker 6: But I'm asking you did you you use your underinsured motorists coverage or your medpay.
Speaker 15: Under insured motorers? I don't know how much?
Speaker 1: And how much?
Speaker 6: And why would you have to sue your own insurance company? Why wouldn't they voluntarily pay it?
Speaker 15: They refuse, we're not paying for that your own company.
Speaker 1: Wait, you have the coverage and they refused. Why did they refused?
Speaker 15: Said there was the other person's fault, they shouldn't have to pay it.
Speaker 1: But that's what underinsured motorists coverage is for. I mean, that's exactly what it's for. It's when someone else is that fault.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so we have. My lord threatened I'm in bad faith and they called up to pay it out. God, my question is I changed my insurance company, went to safecoal and my freemas went up and of course what's going on? And they said that, well, an accident was.
Speaker 11: Reported on you.
Speaker 15: This is about a year ago. It wasn't my fault, So why don't I have to pay for it?
Speaker 1: Well, because you use your insurance?
Speaker 3: Is that why?
Speaker 6: Yes, not because it was your fault, but because you used it. Unfortunately, see, had you had you been in an accident and liability and everything was covered, nothing would have happened. But because you put in a claim for underinsured, then you are dinged as a claim, not as an AT fault. By the way, it's not as an AT fault, it's a claim history problem. Have you ever had any claims.
Speaker 1: Before that one?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 1: Why did you switch insurance companies?
Speaker 15: I don't know. I don't think it might be mad at me because I went after them for it. I just changed safegoing over the lower rate. But now I went back up to seven hundred safe So I said, nah, a.
Speaker 1: Safe co and Progressive are equal.
Speaker 6: I mean as far as companies go, they're both all right, but look at insurance companies in general.
Speaker 1: Suck it. They really do, they really do.
Speaker 15: But as my questions, thank.
Speaker 6: You man, Okay, thanks Dave three or three seven one, three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: So let me go back to our shot here or watch shot.
Speaker 20: We have.
Speaker 1: Doctor Trudeck with us. We have a question about stem cell therapy.
Speaker 6: Now, we talked about stem cell therapy for permanent relief, for temporary relief meaning maybe a few years, a decade.
Speaker 1: Who knows what somebody wants to know. What gets the absolute best results for stem cells? What if you had the absolute best results with hold on, there you go, sir, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 27: What we do that is unique to our clinic that not many clinics in the country, if any do, is uh for our standard procedure. We use patient's owned stem cells. And there's two areas where you can get stem cells from your own body. One is from behind the hip from a small bone marrow aspiration, and the other is from fat from abdominal fat. Typically, a clinic that uses the patient's own stem cells or that offers to do that, will do it from one area or another.
Speaker 1: We combine those.
Speaker 27: We do those procedures using stem cells from both areas of a patient in our standard procedure, and with that procedure, we get the best results independent of where we're applying those cells to.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know, so what I mean is are there any parts of the body you do that you get almost like the most success for patients.
Speaker 27: Well, we wouldn't treat an area of the body that we didn't get success.
Speaker 1: With, first of all. But you know, it can't be possible that everything you do is successful either. I mean, it's not dependent upon the body part.
Speaker 27: So, but just to kind of answer that question a little bit better, the majority of what we see, probably seventy to seventy five percent of our cases are knees, just because that's what most people are walking around with the general of arthritis in their knees. And that would say after that would be shoulders and hips, and then ankles and anything else that we do, but primarily I would say knees and hips is.
Speaker 11: What we do.
Speaker 6: And with knees, what part of the knee why knee is it bone on bone or not bone on bone? But is it deteriorating space, is it meniscus?
Speaker 27: Is it what part of the knee. There's so many parts of the knee. Well, the knee, as you know, it has several different compartments. It has a mi inside compartment, an outside compartment, and then the part where your kneecap goes to patella area. All three of those areas get degenerative over time just from living on the planet, gravity working. You know, if if there's extra weight on the body, that's going to contribute to it. The hips are able to bear a little bit more weight than the knees, so the hips degenerate, but not at the same rate typically as the knees do. And then oftentimes when patients are getting degenerative or threatus in one area, it's typically in most of the joints. It just might be that that's where they're feeling it first. So oftentimes we tell patients when we're looking at their knees, let's take a look at both joints and see what the degeneration level is on both sides, so you don't wind up with the same issue in a couple of years on the other side. But yeah, needs would be primarily what we do seventy seventy five percent, followed by hips and shoulders, and then after that risks and angles. Uh, and then after that would be fingers and toes.
Speaker 1: I would say, do you ever have to come back for repeat procedures?
Speaker 20: Not?
Speaker 27: Typically these tend to last a fair number of years. Sometimes, with patients that don't get the result that we've desired, we'll have them come back for a booster shot of just their plate lists, and typically that's enough to get the patient to the level of relief that we and they both agreed would be acceptable.
Speaker 6: Okay, So three O three martinos the number three O three six two seven eight four sixty six, Frank drand the real Estateman dot com. We'll do a market valuation of your home to see what it will sell for in this market or any market. He's truly a professional who's been in it for thirty years, out performing the market in all cases. He has stats to prove it, so he'll let you know what he thinks your house will sell for, what you'll net, what you can buy. It's it's a free, complimentary service and you can trust Frank durand the real Estateman dot com three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I want to make something very clear here because I'm getting some.
Speaker 1: Commentary on YouTube about it.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 6: I used to when stem cells first came out. I used to represent a clinic that turned out to be a ripoff. They were called stem Cell Institutes Institute of America. And what they would do is ship in umbilical cord blood and all of that and call it stem cells. Well, actually they didn't ship in the blood. They shipped in stem cells. And doctor Centeno Centino Schultz Clinic, Doctor Sentino, Chris Senteno and Joe you know him. He was very early in the game of stem cells and he tested some of these stem cells that most of these clinics were using and found there were very few viable living stem cells in the fluids. In fact, one or two literally one or two or one hundred, and you need millions and thousands and hundreds of thousands, millions millions.
Speaker 1: Okay, so shipp in.
Speaker 6: So it used to be you could ship in stem cells if they were concentrated and when they made the trip, when they got to the end user at a clinic, there were enough of them to be viable. But then the FDA stepped in and says, you're not allowed to concentrate them, you're not allowed to grow them, You're.
Speaker 1: Not allowed to do that.
Speaker 6: So in essence, it made all shipped in stem cells useless for stem cell therapy.
Speaker 1: Now listen carefully.
Speaker 6: So clinics then had to switch to extracting stem cells from the patients themselves and reinjecting them.
Speaker 1: Which is viable and which does work.
Speaker 6: Now there's also PRP, which is taking your own blood and doing a platelet rich therapy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now said that what are exosomes.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 1: Stem cells, They're part of an end process of stem cells, and they enhance stem cell therapy.
Speaker 6: They also have regenerative properties on their own. They do work, but it's not stem cell therapy in and of itself. Now at Denver Region they use exosomes along with your own PRP or stem cell therapy to enhance that. Now, another thing, what about the good old fashioned shipping in the stem cells. What they found was even though there weren't living stem cells in there enough to make a difference, the fluid did have some regenerative properties for sure.
Speaker 1: So what they would do, some of these other.
Speaker 6: Clinics would take them and mix them with the person's own stem cells and then have a better result, sometimes because they couldn't take enough from the patient or whatever.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 6: But what I'm getting at is this, the shipped in fluids by themselves cannot be called stem cell therapy in and of themselves, but they're not completely useless either, and they're sometimes used for regenderative properties. But you notice clinics nowadays don't call them stem cell therapy.
Speaker 1: You'll hear all.
Speaker 6: Kinds of commercials saying we use this and we use that, but they're not called stem cells because you can't. But they can be used in conjunction with stem cells or exosomes. So I just want to make that clear, because people thought I was being inconsistent when we were talking about fluids that are shipped in and exosomes and other things. Again, if a clinic uses only cells that they have shipped in, only that, and they call it stem cell therapy, there's not enough stem cells in there to be called stem cells period. Okay, Deputy Bow has a follow up and by the way, Denver Regen dot com, I want to make very clear, they use PRP, they use ex zomes, and they use real stem cells extracted from their patients and reinjected.
Speaker 1: That's what they do. That's their protocol, Deputy Bow.
Speaker 6: Now, earlier earlier, a woman called and she said, I'm concerned about my neighbor. The police came for a welfare check, but they wouldn't go inside, and her friends, the elderly neighbors friends said, she's not answering her phone and we haven't talked to her in a month or so and we're very very concerned.
Speaker 1: What bo, did you go over over there?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 28: I went over and uh looked over the situation and it is very concerning because this lady's daughter apparently called Aurora authorities on Saturday for a welfare check nothing happened. So I did call the fire department and they said some sort of an Aurora mobile response team. They're with me here now and it is concerning. Can't get in. Everything's kind of blocks or closed, and we're just waiting for the fire department so they can do a proper forced entry to see.
Speaker 11: What's going on.
Speaker 1: Thank you, bo, I have a dire feeling here about this.
Speaker 6: Uh if her own daughter and friends have not heard from her in a month, and this woman is elderly and alone.
Speaker 1: I so thank you for.
Speaker 6: Taking for spearheading this bow. And so I want to ask you some when will when will they be there?
Speaker 1: When will we know? Will it be before the end of the show.
Speaker 28: That's why I'm calling. Since it's technically a non I think it's an emergency, but they take it as a non emergency, so they're just waiting for them to clear the calls to send a depart fire department over. But I just ironic that the dog gone okay, I'll be right there, that the Aurora Police Department hasn't done anything about it. I think that I think the lady's unconscious or good, good pat. I think the fire department just pulled up now, so I'm going to go sky with it.
Speaker 6: Let me know what happens. Okay, yeah, call us right back. Three oh three seven one three talk. This is unfolding as we speak. Earlier a woman called and said, look, the police came to my door. Wanted to know if I knew the woman next door. I told him I didn't know her, but I knew of her. She's elderly and lives alone and failing health. The police said, some friends of hers. We're concerned, and now we learned the daughter as well, that no one had heard from her in a month. Aurora police decided not to break in or do a forced entry. The neighbor, Diane, was very concerned and called us. Deputy BO said, you know what, Tom, we need to get someone over there. A caller had called and said if you call the fire department, they will do a forced entry under these circumstances. So Bo is over there and met the fire department, and we're going to see what happens now. Three zero three seven to one three talks seven one three, eight two five five one Clear choice garage doors for your all your garage door needs. If you want an inspection or something fixed, call them. If you can't get your door opened or closed and it's in the middle of the night, you can call them twenty four to seven service Listen. They're great people, they do a great job in All of their prices are on their website. One clear choice Doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Tom Arsino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven on three Talk Deputy dot Are you there?
Speaker 18: I'm me Doc?
Speaker 1: Okay, listen.
Speaker 6: In the City and County of Denver, there must be clear signage indicating parking restrictions and the possibility of towing. And it says signs must be posted prominently at each entrance to the property or parking area clearly stating the restrictions and that unauthorized vehicles may be towed at the owner's expense. The signs must include the name and contact information of the towing company, along with the towing fees and storage information. The signage should also comply with municipal and state regulations.
Speaker 1: Size, visibility, and wording are controlled.
Speaker 6: In many cases, the property owner, community management, or one designated to must be authorized to toe in writing or verbally before the vehicle's towed. That means that that towing companies have to be authorized, and it says without proper signage, enforcing unauthorized parking is not legally supported.
Speaker 18: Doc No, I understand now. My question was, can I, as a resident bring suit or does my friend who was booted have to be the one to bring suit.
Speaker 1: The one who has you only bring a suit for damage? How would you bring a suit? How would you bring one?
Speaker 18: Well, that's I'm asking because.
Speaker 1: There's no damage. You're not damaged by the lack of signage, right.
Speaker 18: But if I but if they're not following the law, can I make them follow the law?
Speaker 1: No, you're not a police.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, look I know what you're talking about. People ask that a lot. Okay, people ask that a lot and you can't that. The short answer is you can. Okay. Now technically, listen to this. Technically, if there was an.
Speaker 6: HOA rule and the HUA rule said people can't have pink doors, and the person next to you had a pink door, and the Hua wouldn't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Technically, because you.
Speaker 6: Bought there and the person next to you bought there, and you both signed the bylaws, technically you can sue as a third party beneficiary of the by laws to get that person. You can literally enforce the bylaws that you've all agreed to as you all agreed to as a third party beneficiary. It's weird, But for example, let's say this used to happen with gold Sea coupons.
Speaker 1: Before those they used to be printed.
Speaker 6: A gold Sea coupon, Let's say would have a furnace cleaning for X amount of dollars and the furnace company refused to they got too many and they refuse.
Speaker 1: To honor it. Let's say, or an oil change.
Speaker 6: If you can prove the existence of a contract between gold Sea Coupons and the garage who offered this low cost oil change, you could theoretically sue them for that based on you being a third party beneficiary of it. It's kind of weird. I don't want to give legal advice here. I'm just talking about things that have happened.
Speaker 18: Let me put it this with Tom. I if I have visitors coming to my house and they don't know where to park, can't I force the HOA to put up signage so that my visitors can park.
Speaker 25: Legally, you can't sue ahead of time, okay, so you only sue for damages.
Speaker 1: There's no ahead of time. I mean, what you're looking for is what's called the declaray.
Speaker 6: You're trying to do an injunction against them for they're towing people without doing it properly. We're but I don't even know the maneuvering for that. I don't know what the mechanism would be. Theoretically, if you just tell them the law, why won't they just follow.
Speaker 18: The law because they said it's too expensive.
Speaker 1: Well that's tough. Well I know, but then they'd have to well you know, but you remember, as that speech I had earlier, you're part of the HOA.
Speaker 6: So if they have to put up signs and it can't be that expensive. But if it is, they can assess people for those so and I.
Speaker 18: Would be willing to do that because there's so many homes there that But.
Speaker 1: Doc, certainly you told them about the law, didn't you.
Speaker 18: I did, and they don't care. So I'm gonna have my friend who got told.
Speaker 1: Your friends should sue them a small claim score.
Speaker 18: He's the one that's going to sue them to force them to put up signs, and we'll find their attorney and I will let you know how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure that that's what you want to do. So I just wanted to tell you about that.
Speaker 6: Now, on another note we we had during the show that was about signage is on welfare checks. I want to make it clear that emergency services can break into a place if they feel there's a danger, or not even a danger, but an indication. So that kind of thing. Man, these people they need to get with it, they really do. Now you can text me or call and basically text us the call Jason. You can do that by just going to my here's my Google number.
Speaker 1: It's seven four seven eighty.
Speaker 6: I don't give that out enough. You can text me at that number seven four seven nine nine. Also, the short code on the on the iHeart text is five seven seven three nine and put my name on there. By the way, somebody asked me in a message to show my cat on on the YouTube stream.
Speaker 1: She's my daughter's cat. My daughter moved in with me. And and here's the deal I'm being. I call myself the halfway house for my daughter now from college to life. And here's the deal.
Speaker 6: I can't get that my cat. She won't let me pick her up. She hardly comes to me. She likes Dmitri over there, but she doesn't come to me that much. I mean, I love cats, and she lets me like pet her once in a while, but I can't hold her up in front of the camera.
Speaker 1: She's very very aloof, as a lot of cats can be. Of course.
Speaker 6: Now on some other issues, I want to ask, uh, let's see a deputy boat did he call? He didn't call back yet, right, this.
Speaker 1: Is really so.
Speaker 18: I think he's probably with the fire departmer right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because here's a deal. It's it's a really serious situation.
Speaker 6: If an older woman hasn't been heard from in a month and her own daughter is concerned by the way did you see this is really something that's random, But did you see that study? Listen to this and I know, I don't know if Brownie talked about this.
Speaker 1: Dragon.
Speaker 6: There was through a study of fossils, sedimentary labe a layers, and somehow there was a scientific research study and supposedly goes.
Speaker 1: Back through all of the way they did it. It was by the the journal Science. It's called Science, and it was the most rigorous reconstruction of the Earth's past ever produced ever.
Speaker 6: And they say, now, I'm always skeptic of this stuff, but this is a scientific study, an effort to understand the Earth's past climates uncovered a history of temperatures over four hundred and eighty five million years.
Speaker 1: I swear to god, it's a real story in the Washington Post. Okay.
Speaker 6: What they found was this is more of the same temperature cycles. Basically, I'm summing it up for you, more of the same. It has happened over and over and over and over again. Without regard to cow farts, eating meat, cars, all of that, none of that. There were times when we had way hotter shifts in our temperatures and way cooler before mankind existed on Earth. So I'm wondering what the climate activists they're saying about it. Has anyone heard about this study? I wish I knew what the name of the study was.
Speaker 1: But they looked at carbon dioxide and global temperatures through through a complex study of everything that I mean ground and like I said, sedimentary labels, layers, and fossils. So I don't know how they do it. I'm not pretending to know.
Speaker 18: I'll take a look at it, Tom and see if I can figure it out.
Speaker 6: But okay, look up at look up the Washington Post, and I don't remember what it's I mean not remember.
Speaker 18: Let's not saying I'll look up the article in Science magazine.
Speaker 6: There were mass extinction events too, by the way, and at one time, ninety percent of all species were wiped out.
Speaker 18: Hey, Tom, by the way, Bo just called in. So while we have Tom, you might want to go to him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, let me go to him. Okay, thank you, Bo. What's going on?
Speaker 20: Bo?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 28: Okay? Yes, the fire department arrived. They broke down the back door. The lady is still alive. Oh my god, she needs severe medical attention, and oh.
Speaker 1: My god, we saved her. You saved her life. They saved her.
Speaker 28: Life, or they call her was instrumental in staying to call the fire department.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they're here, And oh my god, where was she?
Speaker 11: Was she in?
Speaker 1: Bo? Was she in bed? Or where what was she?
Speaker 28: I believe I believe she was in bed on the second level. That's why she couldn't hear our pounding of the doors or knocking or anything.
Speaker 1: Tom and she do we know how long? Do we know how long she's been incapacitated?
Speaker 28: Well, I think they've been trying to get in there for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: You know, we could have very well this show and all of the callers and you and the neighbor and the emergency services.
Speaker 1: I am overwhelmed.
Speaker 6: I mean when I say we recover hundreds of millions of dollars over the years, it pales in comparison to saving an older woman's life.
Speaker 28: Alife knowing whatever came over and I should could have been there for another couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, bo Bo, thank you so much for for really getting off your ass and doing it.
Speaker 1: And I mean that in a complimentary way.
Speaker 6: I mean you were sitting in the studio and you felt compelled to go over there.
Speaker 18: Tom. I told him to go over so that we'd have some feedback by the end of the show.
Speaker 1: But that is wonderful, Mike both did it?
Speaker 18: Oh my god, Hey, bo is she dehydrated? Is she what's her status?
Speaker 28: She looked kind of shriveled up, kind of thinking.
Speaker 3: How old?
Speaker 18: How old is she's like?
Speaker 28: She looked like you'd be in her mid eighties. Eighteen name Mary.
Speaker 1: Listen to people. Let's let's all give applause to our listeners and everybody. My god, and everyone, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 6: We saved a life. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Hi, Tom Martino your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. If you're just tuning in or here, let me recap. A woman called and Uh. She was a neighbor to an elderly woman in her eighties and the police had gotten a call from friends and relatives who had not heard from her in a month. Aurora Police, I want a note, refused to enter the apartment. The neighbor was concerned and kept calling the police. Aurora Police kept saying they couldn't do it. Now, Aurora police could have called the fire department, but they did not.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 6: Deputy Bowen over there and met them. They broke open the door and she was dying, but still alive and now has a chance of survival and living. Boo to Aurora police, you jerks, and thank God for our fire