Speaker 1: I made a decision. Pays sunny sun on. I had a vision. It's nice. What's up party people, what's up? River rats?
Speaker 2: I'm a river rat. Look at my hair, Stephanie. It's it's a frisball.
Speaker 1: I don't think so it looks well, it's in at and I know it's in the same look like this every week.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I didn't have a chance to like blow dry it because we got back yesterday and I was so tired and I just let it dry.
Speaker 3: I was really, oh, you know what, I just realized because you are you were just sick like a week ago. Yeah, you're pretty lingering. Yeah yeah. And I was praying for you, you know me and my prayers. Yes, you did a prayer circle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got to get some other people. I was like, hey, guys, prayers up for Lynette that she gets to go on this trip to.
Speaker 1: The river, right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I made it. I made it, and boy was it had a lot of fun. So Don slept over the night before.
Speaker 2: So Don slept over the night before, and uh, we went to We tried to get to bed early because Glenn was like, I'm gonna wheels up, pick you guys up.
Speaker 1: So Glenn was driving.
Speaker 2: He was gonna pick Don and me and Don and he was bringing a friend named Troy, who turned out to be really nice.
Speaker 1: He always brings a friend.
Speaker 2: And then Mike was meeting us from Arizona out there, and then we were also meeting this guy Mitch. So Mitch we went. I met for the first time, only two times, and it was at the river because he has a house out there too.
Speaker 3: And can I just tell everybody that you sent me a video of Mitch. You guys were on a boat. Yes, of course, made me really jealous. And then Mitch was singing along with this the radio and I was like, oh shit, this is the guy from Warrant because he is such a good singer.
Speaker 1: He is a good singer. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just thought, oh my god, it's all happening, right, all happening, right, fucking Warrant guy is on your trip with you.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't.
Speaker 2: No, He's just a dude that Glenn grew up with. Glenn knew him before. He Okay, I've known Glenn and Mike for forty two years, Don forty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Mitch and Glenn grew up together.
Speaker 2: His mom and their moms were best friend, like they like played canasta together or whatever, like two jewy moms, you know.
Speaker 1: And Mitch. Okay.
Speaker 2: I had a great time with Mitch the other two times, but this trip I realized he is a musical savant, which you would love. And he puts his playlist on and he plays everything from Fleetwood Mac too, and you're on the boat, right, so it's extra fun when you're listening to these songs. He plays everything from Fleetwood Mac to Journey to Black Sabbath and all the hair metal bands in between songs that you're like, oh my god, I forgot about.
Speaker 1: This song, you know.
Speaker 2: And he is a character, and he grew up on a boat too, so anytime, like you know, we're docking, he's up and he's doing his thing. He's always up, and he's singing, and he's air guitaring perfectly, and he's air drumming perfectly. And I knows every song, every lyric to everything. And I was getting a kick out of him on this trip, and I was like, you're like a musical servant, and he just would sing and sing and there's this one lyric in the Journey song the Wheel in the Sky keeps on turning.
Speaker 1: Okay, that song. So he was singing that and then the sky keeps on turning.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh no, And he's got the same voice, right, you heard it like you sounds good.
Speaker 1: He sounds like a professional music yes.
Speaker 2: And he was singing it and I was thinking about this one lyric because I always love this lyric in the song where they he says, uh, don't think I'll have a making home again, and then he goes the morning sun is rising, It's kissing the day.
Speaker 1: I love that lyric.
Speaker 2: I think that's such a great line, the morning sun is rising, It's kissing the day. And I was looking at Mitch and in that video he gets up and he comes over to me and he sings that line and he's like, that's such a great line.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, oh my god. I love this guy. So he was great.
Speaker 2: Met his wife for the first time on the trip. I have a little Patreon about it, you have to check it out. And she was lovely, sweet, great couple, had a great time with them. Okay, so we get there, so Glenn picks us up at the crack of Down's ass, which we always say, and like, Okay, Don is down Okay, she knows, she talks a lot, she interrupts, she doesn't listen. She's one of these people like, like, you know how me like, we've been doing podcasting for a long time, right, we know how to listen and then wait for your turn and then tell your story. But down she cannot wait for her turn. If somebody said my dad loved Clint Eastwood and then was telling a story about his dad, I know how Don's brain is thinking. And I'm sitting next to her in the car ride and this guy Troy's talking about Clint Easwood, and I know, because I've heard the story a million times that Don's dad was friends because he was a teamster on the movie sets and was friends with Glynn Eastwood, and he'd babysat her in a.
Speaker 1: Dressing room one time. I know she's gonna say that story.
Speaker 2: And she's like but and this guy kept interrupting her, and I loved it, and I go, now you know how we feel when you interrupt us. And then as soon as he took a breath, she's like, my dad, I knew the story.
Speaker 1: So you guys are all lip syncing behind her.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, So where we take we have this long drives. Glenn gets to our house extra early. He's like, I got up early. I didn't want Walker to see me leave his dog and be sad, so he left on it.
Speaker 3: I have I have one dog anxiety. Just remind me after your Yeah, I have some dog anxiety. I want to tell you about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Glenn loves Glenn and his dog are like two pieces. And he goes with him to work every day. And so he's like, he was sleeping, so he snuck out. I'm like, great, so you got here extra early. So he left it like seven fifteen, seven thirty in the morning, but it's like a three and a half hour drive, and yeah, we get there. Mike meets us there. He barbecued Glen barbecued steaks, chicken the two nights Mike. Now, Mike Gersteine is sober ten years, he's been sober. We celebrated his tenure being sober by not having a cake but just singing to two of I'm Happy Anniversary, and so Mike, you know, we're like cracking beers and drinking and stuff. And Mike's just like, can we go on the boat, And you know he's itching because he grew up on going on boats, like his parents took us camping all the time.
Speaker 1: I should have Mike Gersteine on DRUMK you should. He would love it. Yeah, he would love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, So you know he's like Mike is just kind of like in the bat like absorbing everything. Like he's not a big talker because he blocks everybody out, especially Dawn. And like he told Don that she has tmitis too much information because when she tells us like there is I could hear it. In the hallway we were packing up to leave on on the Sunday and there was flip flops that were by the door, and Glenn goes, someone's flip flops are there, and then Don goes, they're not mine because and then he goes, no, so he comes to me and he tells me.
Speaker 1: He goes, she's got t miitis.
Speaker 2: He's like, She's like, the flip flops are not mine because I wear size eight extra wide. Mike's like, all you have to say is they're not mine. You don't have to say I got him at thrifties and then I got an accident on the way, Like you don't have to say that. Like and she's you know, but don rolls with the prunch punches. Even the new guy Troy was like, she's so cool, Like you guys constantly are like making fun of how slow she is.
Speaker 1: She walks slow. I don't want us to sound like assholes. She loves it though, like she laughs.
Speaker 2: She really genuinely gets it, like it's been so long, like we make fun of her. But that's the kind of characters I was with all weekend. Then you have Glenn who's like the main guy that we're all there, Like Mitch is there because of Glenn, you know, and us, and he's like the host and he's you know, so you got these are the characters that I was with all weekend. And we were on the boat and so Mike is like, so we get back from the boat and Glenn's got a sea do out there, and Mike gets on the sea do and I got video of him and he's doing.
Speaker 1: Boom and just spraying.
Speaker 2: We're all on the dock and he's just spraying us, just getting drenched head to toe. We're all dressed like doing you know, the burnout and then spraying us and then taking off and coming back and spraying us. It was hilarious. Then hmm. I did go for a ride with Mike on the seado. It was one hundred and twenty degrees. It was like, that's how hot it was. It was so brutally hot. Even on the boat. That air is like an oven, it's got a bite to it. Like we had to keept, we had to.
Speaker 1: Keep stopping getting in the water and just getting wet. That's how hot.
Speaker 2: And at night did not cool down like it was still very very hot. And then the next night we were going to go for a ride on the sea do. Everybody's gonna make fun of me. But so Glenn's like, I'll take you. Because Glenn had to take the sea dow to get gas or something. He's like, come on, let you know, I go. I want to go for a ride. So the water was really choppy in front of his house and there was a current and Mike and Glenn are standing there.
Speaker 1: Of course Glenn has video of it.
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to get on the back of the sea Do and the thing's rocking back and forth and I just can't get my grip and I just fall off, and then you see Glenn, Mike is laughing. Mike's like laughing and laughing, and then you see Glenny reaches out for me, pulls me back with all his might, gets me onto the seado again. It's rocking back and forth. I'm almost on, almost on bam back.
Speaker 1: Into the water.
Speaker 2: I start floating away with the current and I'm going I'm headed to go underneath the next door neighbors.
Speaker 1: Doc. My head's going under eat there, Glenn.
Speaker 3: You see him swimming out, swimming out, grabs me anything arm, pulls me with all his might, and then he's like aborting the miss.
Speaker 1: She's like, we're not.
Speaker 2: We're not going on the seat, like you can't, Like I fell off three times cause I couldn't get on it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. But that's that's how much fun for you, tipsy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like on the boat all day drinking, you know, if we didn't need dinner yet, you know. And then Don passes out on the couch, which I sent you a picture of, and I talked him into not They were going to try and write on her like we used to do, but I don't think they were really gonna do it. But Don sleeps with one eye open because anytime any camo he came near to her, She's like, what are you guys doing? But then she goes back to snoring.
Speaker 1: Right, She's such.
Speaker 2: A loud And then I share a room with her and she's up in all times, in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and she's talking. When she wakes up three point thirty, I'm sleeping and I'm like, I'm like, are you talking to me? And she's like no, I'm just I'm trying to be quiet, And I go, well, then stop talking.
Speaker 1: You're not tried that hard, Like why are you talking.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I have to get my pills. Like she's got all this medications she's got to take all the time. And it's like, but God, lover. But here's the best story of Don. We were on our way home. We were on the road trip back to go home. We stopped at a gas station. There's a Starbucks inside and Glenn has to get gas. So the guy, Glenn and Troy are in the truck and they're at the gas pump.
Speaker 1: Starbucks is taking forever.
Speaker 2: So I go, Don, I'm going to go back to the car bring them their drinks. I get back to the car, I can't find them.
Speaker 1: They moved.
Speaker 2: So they're now moved out of the pump and they're just parked on the side of the gas station and it's along like black suburban trump that Glenn rented for the trip so that we'd have room. So I'm watching for Don because I know she's gonna go the other direction where we dropped us off to the pumps. She's not gonna know because it took me a second to find him. So I go, So I go, there's Don. I go, hank the horn.
Speaker 1: Hanked.
Speaker 2: There she goes, and we're watching her walk out of the Starbucks and she walks to somebody else's black truck and she opens the back door and she got a and we're like, oh, no.
Speaker 1: She's getting in the truck. She's getting the truck.
Speaker 2: And she opens the truck and we're watching it, like she gets in the truck and then the then we don't know.
Speaker 1: We're like, hopefully nobody's in the truck.
Speaker 2: Guy in the front seat gets out and like helps her get out of the truck.
Speaker 1: No, how does she not know we have pillows in.
Speaker 2: The back, Like, I'm sure that guy didn't have our pillows in the back of the truck. She actually got into the back of the truck. That's not the end of the story.
Speaker 1: She gets I guess we're.
Speaker 2: Still kind of far. So Glenn's like Don yelling for her. Don, we're over here.
Speaker 1: She doesn't here.
Speaker 2: She's getting everybody's daff by the way, everybody's got add two.
Speaker 1: So she gets out of.
Speaker 2: The truck and she's like laughing to herself and we're watching her.
Speaker 1: She walks to another truck and gets in, and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, she's getting in somebody else's truck now.
Speaker 4: And Glenn yells out and goes, sorry, that's our mom. Oh my god, and she was laughing about it.
Speaker 1: But whatever.
Speaker 2: So that's the story of Don and uh, it was a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great music. Don does seem like a liability.
Speaker 2: She kind of is. She kind of is. But you know, these guys are so sweet. This guy Mitch just met Don these last three times on these trips. He's like, everybody's like, like, you know, they'll pull up to the front of the restaurant to drop down off so she doesn't have to walk. They'll grab her suitcase and grab her and everybody's very good about you know, and Don's great, like she it's like.
Speaker 3: Me when I picked up those old people at the assisted living exactly.
Speaker 1: Made sure I had room in my trunk for their walker.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. That's how it is. That's how it is. Yeah, I mean, you know. And then when she was getting off, oh my god, trying to get her out of the boat, down the ladder, into the ocean or into the river is such an arduous but like Mike, God bless him, he was helping her all the time with that like give me your hand, just shut up, stop talking, give me your hand. I don't it's like you know, yelling at but like in the night, you know, And he's helping her and then helps her back down, Like she takes forever to get in and out of the boat. But you know, everybody's got patience for that.
Speaker 1: Is this because of all her swelling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got a lot of healthy Yes, she got a lot of health issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like she very slow walker, Like she walks very slow. Like Glenn will be like, everybody, get in the truck. You know, Don'll be there in about two hours type of time it takes her to get out of the house and get into the truck, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, but it's fun. Everybody's fine. Like it was. It was just great.
Speaker 2: It's just great being with your friends that you know, your old school friends like that. But camp it sounds like it's kind of like camp for adults.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good couple of days. And still fighting this cold from last week. But yeah, now I got a busy week. Sorry, got a busy week because my house closes this Friday, and got to sign some papers. Wendy's coming to town tomorrow night because she's like, I want to be there when you get your keys. Like, she's like, I want to be there with you. I want to see the house. Like she's done, like she can't wait. So she's coming in tomorrow night. That Tali wants me to go out to Santa Barbara sometime this week. Actually, she moved into her new place while I was gone. Her dad helped her. Oh wow, now she's calling me. Yeah, her dad helped her move in. So she's like, I just need like a little bit of help. So maybe Wendy and I will go one day this week.
Speaker 1: But but all her stuff is at her new place.
Speaker 2: Like her furniture is put together. Thank god, because last two times I had to do it. We had to call like task rabbit, you know, to put her bed together and stuff like that kind of stuff. So she got moved in pretty good. So she's pretty settled.
Speaker 1: So he helped her put her bed together.
Speaker 2: He helped her put like all, yeah, get the stuff out of storage, her furniture out of storage, put her TV up, you know that.
Speaker 1: Kind of stuff. Okay, yeah, that was nice.
Speaker 2: And then she was spent the night with her dad last night and Sonny went with his friends to Manhattan Beach last night.
Speaker 3: So wait, so she's not living there yet. No, okay, so she did all that, moved in, but then came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of her roommates is living there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, she doesn't really need to live there, right because she's not she's not taking a class.
Speaker 1: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be going back in like two weeks. Oh really Yeah that's soon, Yeah, pretty quick. I want her to get to Santa Barbara and settled before we move our house, so I not to.
Speaker 1: You know, course whatever. So and then, but.
Speaker 3: You're gonna move in like slowly throughout the month, right, yeah, I gotta I gotta get that figured out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna slowly move in. But then then we're gonna have a move where all the furniture goes. And what I want to do is I want to get the Wi Fi up. I want to get everything running. I need to put in a new electrical panel. That's like the first thing I have to do. Oh you do, yes, Because the electrical panel, Glenn said, is no bueno because I need to get my car charger going over there, right, And Glenn's like, that's not gonna So I got to get I had he gave men electrician like, he helped me with all of that. So so that's the kind of stuff I want to do and then have a moving date.
Speaker 3: We were lucky because we had already upgraded our panel because when we converted our garage into a bedroom, it needed its own panel, right because the other panel was already handling a full house, do you know what I mean? And it kind of puts it over the top when you build it when you have a big room that's got a bathroom with lots of outlets and its own thing. So we just butt the bigger panel was in the back, so we paid extra money to have our charger hooked up to the larger panel. That could handle so that our so it's quicker.
Speaker 1: Right right, See, I wouldn't know anything.
Speaker 2: And also this guy Troy that when I were tripp he works for DWP, so he told me like what number. Well, I don't know, Glenn knows of what I should have in that house kind of house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just going to say that I just love having an electric car and a charger. I know, great, you do it for anybody that's thinking about it. I know we had our complaints about electric cars, and I know when I first got it, or when I was going to get it, I was, you know, complaining, But ever since then, it's it's a dream, isn't it a great time? I was complaining honestly was when I had to go to Ralph's and wait in line. But as soon as we got our own charger, I've never had to do that again.
Speaker 1: Right, And no, no, it's great and it can't go get it far.
Speaker 3: I noticed that electric cars do drain faster when you're running the AC. Yeah yeah, isn't that the same for a gas car? I would think, yeah, yeah, yeah, it takes more energy. But still, like drove to Irvine and back we charged up. We charged up to like ninety percent. Normally we charged to eighty. Yeah, I mean we charged to ninety drove the he drove to Irvine basically a little bit further than Irvine and then back.
Speaker 1: And we still have like forty percent. Yeah. See, it's it's nice, it is, it's great.
Speaker 2: I mean when an Italian ran on of gas, it was like you see, like so you know, Sonny's going to get his car pretty soon, but he's not.
Speaker 3: Getting an electric car now, yeah, because you don't want like like guy said, yeah, you drive into Oregon, it's like, no, find a place to lug in.
Speaker 1: But the gas prices are so crazy. I know.
Speaker 3: That's another thing, right, It's one way that we definitely save money. Yeah, because our prius it you hardly ever have to get gas in that car. Yeah, I mean hardly ever. Yeah, and then when you do get gas, you only need like it's.
Speaker 1: Like ten gallons.
Speaker 3: It holds, right, So then we use our Ralphs discount for you know, we get our points. Yeah, takes a little money off the toak. Anyway, it's just like kind of such a dream.
Speaker 1: It is a dream. It's really nice. What is what car are you getting for Sunny he's going to.
Speaker 2: Get another He's going to get a Mercedes that that's like our family car now, just like the at like the small suv.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's good. He needs an all wheel drive, I think for Oregon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they make them with all wheel drive. Yeah, yeah, that's cool. Yeah. I was just going to tell you that this is like a shout out for our girl, Karen, my GLP lady, which I can do because we don't have an ad for GOLP one. And so I first started my journey sorry for using that word last October, and I was just so excited the other day because and so I get it from her regularly. Now, I just want to say that I lost weight and then soon when you lose weight, you start feeling better anyway, so then you feel like and I know I wasn't obese or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: And that's why it was such a huge decision to try it, because I was like, oh am, I to try a GOLP one, Like, I don't have that much weight to lose. But as we say in like our ads, I just felt really stuck because you know, menopause, Yes, And I was going to the gym. I was trying to eat healthy, but like, can a bitch have some ice cream once in a while, like without feeling like I can't possibly lose weight. So the thing was, once I got the name from our friend Jennifer of care Karen Ford and started using the compounded GLP one, I mean, it was really kind of a miracle. Yeah, when you get your dosing right. But the great thing about Karen, and this is basically like an ad for my girl Karen, because she's been so good to me and sends me the the GLP is I would just you know, me and my anxiety. I would just be like Karen, like that was too much or whatever. After that first week, and she's it's like having a mom. She's just like, Okay, here's what you're gonna do. Anyway, She's like upgraded her business. So now for all the people that are like, I don't know, is this legal? Like you know right, and she well, now she has like her own business that's similar to the.
Speaker 1: Other online oh right, where it goes.
Speaker 3: To a pharmacy and you're speaking to like you have access to like a physical the whole thing, but she's going to do it for less.
Speaker 2: Wow, so she's like our Adam Lerner for the GES Yes, for GLP.
Speaker 1: So I'm just gonna give you her number.
Speaker 3: That's nine four nine eight three six nine to one four four if you're not on Facebook, or you can go on Facebook and look for her Karen Ford, and then just she'll you text her and tell her you're a fcol.
Speaker 1: Person and then she'll hook you up. Awesome, Thank you, Karen. That's great with a good.
Speaker 3: Very good price and good personal care and the whole you know, yeah, mind thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you, Karen. That's really I adore you.
Speaker 3: She's because here's why it even came to me. I told Karen, I was like, can I be like your brand ambassador for somebody that like, first of all, for anybody that has a lot of weight to lose, like I have a lot of I got to be honest, most of my friends because we're all older Jewish one and you get postmenopausal.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, But anyway, I'm at my friends a call her. Hey, listen.
Speaker 3: I know it's good for a lot of things, and it helps people with other issues because if it's anti inflammatory, proper properties.
Speaker 1: But I just went clothes.
Speaker 3: Shopping the other day and I was like, I haven't felt like I can just go just grab a pair of jeans. Not that I couldn't before, but you know, when you're like, nothing feels good. I can't wear any of my clothest or in my closet, That's where I was. I was like, all of my clothes in my closet are too small. So now I just wear well, first of all, I still just wear sweatpants all the time, so let's not be crazy. But when I want to put on a pair of jeans, I can, right, And I don't have that put a mask my whole middle area. I don't have to like figure out what loose T shirt I can wear because my boobs are so big and my stomach is gone, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. Yeah, I got the stomach. You're to get dressed? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's nice. It was nice.
Speaker 3: It doesn't listen. You're not going to magically transform. I would need like some I would have to be Kathy Griffin and get like and I'm not going to do that because I'm not that vain. But so it's not like you're not going to change. Nobody's going to change their actual body shape. It's more I think for like, do you need to lose a few pounds so then you can feel better in your clothes?
Speaker 1: Why not? Yeah? Yeah, so many people are doing I mean, I asked my friend.
Speaker 3: I was like, listen, I'm a little worried, and I honestly was. I was like, I just want to make sure I'm not like getting too skinny, right, I asked my friend. I go, I don't know, I'm a little bit worried, Like do you just tell me make sure if I'm too thin?
Speaker 1: And she goes, you're not, You're not at all.
Speaker 3: No, But it was just funny and that she was like, I mean sorry, but like you're fine.
Speaker 1: She was like, I'll let you know. And then I asked John too.
Speaker 3: I was just like, I just want to make sure I'm not like getting too skinny, and he goes.
Speaker 2: No, right, well, because you know, yeah, yeah, there's I mean because some people I friends.
Speaker 1: Too, like you can.
Speaker 2: Tell like we're like whoa, whoa, whoa, Like you're doing a little too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I wanted I was like this friend would have told me. She'd be like, yeah, you're looking a little gaunt, but she.
Speaker 1: Was like not at all, You're not at all I'm okay, bitch, calm down. I'm very skinny, thank you very much. Way too skinny. In my mind.
Speaker 3: I've got that opposite of anorexia where I'm just like, even when I'm heavier, I'm just like, I think I'm too skinny.
Speaker 1: My butt looks too good, you guys.
Speaker 3: Funny with the kids though, because when I was growing up, I mean, having a big bat was the absolute worst thing, right yeah, Oh my god, I got made fun of so much because I have a big Jewish butt. Now I don't now it got kind of flat, it all started hanging down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now it like blends with my thighs.
Speaker 3: Right, It's not great, right, that's a I mean, I'm kind of like I'm the same boat. You know.
Speaker 2: You hit an age and like you just you don't start, you know, your thin self anymore.
Speaker 3: You know, no, and gravity just starts pulling everything down.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, but like I said, I used to be so self conscious of having like a big ass, and my kids are just like, that's the best thing you can have, right since now all about having a big ass, And I'm like, why wasn't it like that in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we had the boobs. That was good. Boobs were very important in the eighties.
Speaker 3: But also you needed to have boy hips and like a boy but right, like a you.
Speaker 1: Could have a little bubble, but it had to be.
Speaker 3: Like all in one spot, right, like you didn't want to have anything on your hips.
Speaker 2: I had a flat as yeah, yeah, I had no ass growing.
Speaker 1: Up, which was the freaking style, right, Just not anymore. You're not in style anymore.
Speaker 2: No, Now I do have a little bit of a bubble. But because that's where like when you gain you know, it's like natural.
Speaker 1: Good you know, then don't try to me in an a.
Speaker 2: Bathing suit, by the way, in front of all your friends at this age, even the guys, they're like, take my shirt off and I got a dad bod and like screw you guys, Like you're fine, Like guys are fine, Like yeah, you know, you get to an age and like, I don't know, anybody look at me while I get into the water.
Speaker 1: That's how I would feel, though I have so much.
Speaker 2: Cull you like, I mean imagine and like don too, you know, like she's not in a bathing suit very often, and Hannah, I'm like, you know, everybody's behind her and she's coming down the bed like you know, Oh, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: I felt the same way though, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Want to be so badly in the I don't care club and that we don't care club, but I still care a little bit. It's like I still won't even just be like straight on to John. I mean I've been married to John for like, you know, twenty five years. Yeah, and I still don't love him to have like a straight on view of red.
Speaker 1: But you don't need to know all that's back.
Speaker 3: Right, that's I mean, these guys were in the in the water. What they're just looking right at you like, okay, you got it?
Speaker 1: You got is?
Speaker 3: You're coming down backside? Yeah, and your asses to them and I'm like your cloth turn around. But imagine me because I've had cellulite since junior high. That's just my body. That's Janetta, it's Ganetta. I've had a cottage cheese butt since junior high. It don't get better, it don't get better. It's not going in a good direction. Now it's hanging down and still dimply. You know what when I was at my best was after final inches, when we did.
Speaker 1: That, Oh, when we did that Final inches, did final inches.
Speaker 3: But they couldn't do you remember when I told you that they were they looked at my body, so they make you you basically are just wearing your underwear and showing them like your butt because I got mine on my like saddle bags, right, And they said they were like, yeah, there's nothing we can really do about your butt because like the fat in my butt, because they're like, you don't have it's like a prop like the there's muscle back bear. Whatever it was. It wasn't a good it wasn't a positive compliment. They're like, yeah, nothing we can do about that, right, And then same for my legs. The front of my legs. They did some a little little thigh work.
Speaker 1: But the part of my life that makes.
Speaker 3: Me not want to ever wear like a skirt is above my knees. I have all this like fat and cell you like, like right above my knees and it's gross and I've always had it. Like I see pictures of myself in like a shorter skirt in high school and it didn't look good. And I wasn't like bad, It's just my body and these things are never going to change. You could lose, you could be totally skinny. It's not going to be a great look. So I got to try to just get over it and be like, who cares, I don't care.
Speaker 1: That's how you have to be. You just have to not care and just go with the flow.
Speaker 3: I did not pack right for this trip, okay, So it was they were like, it's going to be hot. It's one hundred and twelve degrees out there. It's gonna be hot.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, so I bring T shirts and stuff in a couple shorts. But then I get there and no, shit, it's fucking really hot, to the point where there's some T shirts that are too hot to wear, you know, like I brought kind of they were kind of thick.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I didn't really bring tank tops, so I was like, what I can't. So anytime we went to a store and there's nothing, like, there's no Macy's out there, anything like that.
Speaker 1: There's no blooming Dales Louies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like calease stop at a Bloomingdale's just for a minute.
Speaker 2: I got the video I'm saying, I'm wearing a T shirt I got for free at some like liquor store that we stopped at, like gas station.
Speaker 1: I'm like, do you guys any clothes?
Speaker 2: They're like we got free michelob t shirts size extra extra, Men's large.
Speaker 1: Did you cut it? I did? I cut it it? Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then like then we stopped at some like the road Runner and they have like a little boutique. But it's like, you know, uh, lake, have a sue, you know, show us your tits, like you know, like that kind of rochy shit. But I got like a like a lake have a sue tank top that I got to wear. And it's like buying clothes along the way on this trip was just a nightmare because nothing. Everything was so sick and hot that I brought I mean I actually brought a sweater because I thought would get cold at night, like a light sweater. I'm like, oh, you know when you go to the beach, it gets kind of cold, right, No, at night it was one hundred and ten.
Speaker 3: Fuck, like it's really cold off out here. Yes, that's what it's been like here. And I mean I know, of course it has. I could see why you would think you're going to be by the water, it's going to come off at night.
Speaker 1: No, it's hot.
Speaker 3: I go to we we went to walk that we've been walking Bob like late, try to let him out in the backyard a little bit just to pee and then make him wait to take his poop. And he walked until like eight o'clock at night. Right, still super hot? Yeah, but it's still super hot. It's already getting dark. It's we're so relieved because it's like eighty three, right how it was with us, It's only one hundred and ten now, yeah, crazy. I was at just speaking of this. I was at Nordstrums the other day. I never shop at nord Strums. That place is so insane overpriced. And I was there because I was like trying to look at jeans and my friend, my friend who is you know people and you're not like this, and I'm not like this, but there are people who are, like, you know, if you just get like one really nice par of jeans, like a good pair of jeans is going to run you like one hundred and fifty dollars, Like you should go to nord Strums. And I'm always like, but I could get the same pair of jeans or something like close enough at TJ Max for thirty nine dollars, right, you know, right, nobody want to be spending one hundred and eighty dollars on a pair of but she's like, no, no, no, good American jeans, like that's the best kind. And I'm like it doesn't matter. I'm not going anywhere, no one is going to be. She's like, well, I know what they fit better. She's like, well, you just trust me and come and look at some at Nordstrums. So I'm like, all right, wore me down.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm at Nordstrums and I see this tank top that just says like ice cold beer.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 3: And I seriously said, like I go, look at this tank top that you would buy at a gas station that is one hundred and fifty dollars. And we started laughing because it was like, what fucking brand is this? Who thought of going, like, you know what, we'll charge it like an insane amount of money for a T shirt that really looks like a gimme.
Speaker 1: Exactly, know right, like they would give it away.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have gas station, yes in Arizona, right, Like who's who.
Speaker 1: Is buying that?
Speaker 3: Like you literally buy that anywhere for five dollars, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Or free? So did you try on the good American jeans? I tried it on.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, I try it on because they do go like they're very stretchy and they do go up high yees to like keep everything.
Speaker 3: In, yes, but they weren't comfortable. Like I don't want like compression. I don't want to be wearing a compression guard. Like I get it, it's it looks good, but I don't want to be wearing jeans that I want to take off the second I get home. I like wearing loose jeans. I dress like the freaking kids, yeah dress, which is like oversized jeans, and then like I'll do like a tighter shirt so that I just don't.
Speaker 1: I know, Well, where are we going anyway, That's what I'm saying. I know.
Speaker 2: I just like, that's what I'm saying. We go on this trip and I just just did not pack correctly. And then Dawn like she's packing for days before the trip. I already started packing on Sunday.
Speaker 1: She tells me. I'm like, it's like, what are you packing?
Speaker 2: What are She laid out four different pairs of flip flops, same pair and blue, same plair and white, same pair and peach. Then she got the strappy kind and I'm like what are all these shoes doing hair? She's like those are my I'm like, why did you bring something? All we wore was flip flops the whole time, and like you're wet the whole time and forget about Like I was like, I don't want to get my hair wet. That went out the window immediately, like immediately like that was that my hair was just curly, all frizzyugh the whole weekend.
Speaker 3: I remember that my mom, And now I'm into like a mom. Do you remember when like moms would say things. You'd be like, well, I want to wear this or I want to wear that, and the moms would be like, it's not a fashion show.
Speaker 1: Oh I got Glenn just said that to Don yesterday.
Speaker 3: And I would get so offended by that because like, oh my god, is it a crime that I want to look cute?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 3: But now i'd get it, right, Yeah, who care's nobody's looking at whether what's the color fucking flipflops you're wearing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I know, because like Glenn would give us a warning, mostly to Dawn because she takes forever to get ready. We're gonna leave in one hour. We're getting on the boat. In one hour one hour. One morning, it was like he gets up very early, it was like eight. He walks and his house is very loud. So he walks down the hallway, opens up our door. We're sound asleep, and he goes, we're leaving in ten minutes. Get ready, and Don like what he was joking. But then yesterday we're packing to leave and he's like, I want to get on the road before the traffic. And he walks in and Don's makeup is everywhere, her bills are, she had two different outfits laid out, and I'm in the room with her and she's like, should I wear this dress or that dress today?
Speaker 3: To get in the car and driving home. Like so Glenn goes, this is not a beauty contest. He's like, and she's like, okay, I gotta brush my d.
Speaker 1: He goes, pressure teeth. You been up for three hours. It's like, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: She's like, all right, all right, yeah, Yeah, that's how my trip was.
Speaker 1: The other day. I was driving, I was okay.
Speaker 3: I was just driving Xander to band practice at his friend's house, like I don't know, twelve fifteen minutes away and I hadn't been wearing a.
Speaker 1: Bra all day. And I was like, well, you know how I was.
Speaker 3: Telling you last week about how I was I go to the park, like I've lost interest in wearing a bra, yes, when I just am going to the park, and I'm like, listen, it's on you. If you want to be looking at my boobs, that's your problem. But so I was like, in that same mindset, I'm like, Okay, who cares. I'm just in the car with my kid. So I go to take him to his friend's house and we get there and he's texting his friend and his friends like, oh shit, dude, I thought it was at two thirty.
Speaker 1: Now it's two o'clock right. So Xander's like, oh, what do you want to do?
Speaker 3: And I was like, well, I am pretty hungry, Like I was going to just drop you off and then go right back home and get some food. So I was like, I guess we could go get something to eat. So now I'm the person that's like out at a subway like doing stuff like no bra, just a T shirt with boobs hanging down.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, I guess I've officially cross over that line.
Speaker 3: And I used to be mortified because My mom was a nineteen sixties seventies hippie. Yeah, never wore a bra, mortifying. I was always like, oh my god, she had big boobs like me. Ras would be hanging down by her waist right and I was just like, oh my god, put a bra on. I don't think she owned a bra. And now it's you, now it's me. What's happened?
Speaker 1: I now.
Speaker 2: I used to be embarrassed by my mom too, with their short short T shirts and cut off jean shorts in her Payless she called the Pennyless white shoes and just be like whoa and her convertible.
Speaker 1: It was always so embarrassed. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She didn't wear bra either, No, she never wore a bro. But she was not as big as me. She was more like a bee cup.
Speaker 3: But she would wear a white tight tank top to the gym and you could see Ariola like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Just walks in the gym too, with no membership. Oh, I just to belong to here. I forgot about that. Yeah, I just to go with that. I just walk in.
Speaker 2: My nephew works here, and then that's Helen Paradise. She doesn't need to check in at the front desk. I just to walk in and they don't bother me. Oh my god, so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I'm the friends with the jacquel Lane. I'm friends with the Jackelane. They're like, oh, I don't know any different. I don't want to get karate chopped. He will pull a boat by the rope with his teeth, remember that? Yeah he did? Yes, that's right. So funny.
Speaker 3: So I think I was just gonna tell you really qu about why. I was like, oh, I know what I wanted to tell you this. It's just kind of funny. This is just just to round it out. We've got a good show for Friday. Yeah. Yes, if you haven't watched listen name it Toxic Toxic Love Story on Netflix, you gotta watch it because we're going to talk about it on Friday. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's crazy. It was a crazy story.
Speaker 3: And then I and you're going to tell me about a court case, and I've got like another we got some stuff, but I wanted to tell you about I got pet insurance, you know how I'm always like, got to get pet and surant. Yes, yeah, I feel like it would have saved you a lot of money with Phil and trust me, I had Phil, thoughts of Phil.
Speaker 1: In my head.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of different pet insurances out there, and there's a lot of different levels of what you can get, and it's hard to know what's good. So I started asking chat GPT or AI, specifically Gemini, which is Google's AI. Oh yeah, okay, now apparently, and this is new information to me, but apparently, like my Google is, it's al like it's our friend, it's algorithm.
Speaker 1: So my Google kind of knows me. Yeah, I guess right, he's listening to you because he listens to me.
Speaker 3: He watches the things I look at on Facebook. He's always he's big brother. He's always there over my shoulder, right in a good way, right.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, maybe you want to check this out? Yeah right, I saw you were looking at those genes.
Speaker 3: So now I'm going to show you fifty five other pairs of genes that seem like something you'd like.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to get to help. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to get good American gene show up on my Instagram. Oh, Mike, for sure, because my boyfriend Al is listening.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I ask Jemini, I'm like, Hey, here's my situation. I have a fifty pound two year old dog. I want to get pet insurance. What do you think are my best options? Like, what's the best deal? So then it's giving me like, okay, well here's what a lot of people use, and healthy pause and this I had healthy Pause with Penelope. And what I didn't love is that that, Oh my god, once she reached a certain age, I swear to God, the premium the deductible, not the premium like doubled and then tripled.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about this on the trip that somebody was saying that about their dog. As the dog got older, it got more expensive.
Speaker 3: But way more expensive. Like I understand it gets more expensive. But when we first had her, I think we paid nineteen dollars a month and at the end and we were not using like services. She never had a surgery. Nothing that was ever wrong with Penelope was something that was covered. So it was like several times we had to get teeth pulled, not covered. So it doesn't go against your deductible. Nothing, And the exams don't go against your deductible. Now in California, specifically in Los Angeles, just the exam alone is way more expensive than other parts of the country. So it's average just for the checkup itself is like ninety bucks. So anytime you bring your dog in for something else, if they haven't had a check up, they're they're gonna charge you for the check.
Speaker 1: To look at them.
Speaker 3: And then unless it's something like you just need medication or you need their poop check for.
Speaker 1: Okay, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I tell AI that and it says, here's some of your options, and I'm like, okay, I want because some of them have a cap a year that's like you could do like twenty five hundred dollars, you could do five thousand dollars. I was like, now I want ten thousand dollars cap because if something goes wrong with Bob. So I'm saying here's the thing. They're like, okay, the dog's healthy, I go no pre existing conditions. So they were telling me about Spot Pet Insurance, which is by the way, what I used is not a commercial for Spot. But I was like, what are some of the ones that are low priced but also cover or your your wellness check or your exam goes against the deductible And they're like, then you're going to be looking at Spot or then they're telling me about lemonade.
Speaker 1: There's these big ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, I go, okay, I go, let me let me stop you right there though, and I'm typing this, I go, my dog does tend to eat things that are not food. I go, that would be our biggest problem. So if something happens, that's going to be what happened. Oh, because they tell you things like, okay, well, if your dog, this type of dog is probably going to end up with something stuck in its foot because you're taking it to the park and it's going to you know.
Speaker 1: So I go, the main thing.
Speaker 3: Is my dog just eats, yes, paper, find stuff at the park and eats it. So I goes, okay, hold on, this changes things. What you're what you're telling me is that your dog treats the park like a buffet. I totally laughed out loud, and then I went and told John. I was like John, I go, my AI has my sense of humor. And then you laugh and John goes, yeah, that's because it's tuned to you already.
Speaker 1: And I, oh, that's a thought. It was just funny.
Speaker 2: That's so funny though. That's interesting, yeah, interesting, interesting.
Speaker 3: PERSI So then at the end, I go, okay, I go, listen, I got it. I go you had oh because it was like, well, I said, what about Costco? Because I belong to Costco. They have their own insurance, that's what Glenn has. Yeah, and it goes, oh, that's called Fido. Okay, but here's the issue with that. Fido is going to make you wait. I forgot what it was, but it was like, here's here's the thing that's the difference. If you're deciding between Spot and Fido. Fido this Spot that you're going to have this waiting period. It's not going to cover if something goes on with your dog's joints.
Speaker 1: Fine, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: So I go, okay, okay, okay, I go, I got I'm going to go with Spot.
Speaker 1: You sold me?
Speaker 3: And then I go do you get a kickback? And then I had this whole thing where it was like oh my god, no, no, I'm ai like, I'm neutral. My job is just to find you the lowest rate. Like how would I even how would I get a kickback?
Speaker 1: This is what it was saying to me. It goes, I.
Speaker 3: Don't have a bank account or like where am I going to put it? And I was like, okay, all right, relax, don't yell at me.
Speaker 1: I just thought that is so funny. That's funny. I know. Are you going with spot? Yes, I already did it sold me. I'm going to get that as immediately too, as soon as I get my dog. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's fifty dollars a month, but I feel it's going to be money well spent because listen, you could go a couple of years without having a problem, right, I know.
Speaker 1: And it is.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's for like everyday stuff like but but you know, you're my deductibles five hundred dollars they're going to pay out. The payout is eighty percent. But every if I have to take him to the vet, like what would happen with Penelope is she'd need to go to the vet, and this happened with Phil in clusters, like something would go wrong, then I would need to follow up. Then I would need something else then like the he was having diary, she was having diarrheas, and then I had to get the poop checked, and then we'd have blood work because then she needed to go on the arthritis medication. Then we wanted to try Librella. So you'd suddenly find yourself having like four appointments within a few months, plus blood work, so you can cover easily the five hundred and if something's going wrong right then, if God forbid Bob needed surgery because he ate a fucking plastic ramiic in a ranch dressing at the park, you know, then it's covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I gotta get that. I have to get that. Yeah. I will just say this.
Speaker 2: When we were on our trip, everybody was talking about their dogs, and it's fine, but then like on the on the way home, Glenn said, I gotta get I can't wait to get home to Walker. And I was like, oh, it's like that was I used to love coming home to Phil. And then Don said the same thing and can't wait to get to Homeline.
Speaker 1: And then Glenn sent me a video I have to show it to you of his dog. When he got home.
Speaker 2: He came out and he was like kind of like what he was wagging his tail like are you real? Kind of thing, and then he attacked him and you could hear him crying. He was like and he was like jumping and jumping and jumping on waggon his Taye.
Speaker 1: That's the cutest video, but you can hear him crying.
Speaker 3: Docs are like, really, I mean, they have so many feelings, like they miss you when you're gone. Oh my gosh, Bob is so happy to see me. If I've gone twenty minutes or if I've been gone all day, he goes crazy and he's just like all over me. Right, I'm just and I was just going to say, I'm just so worried and anxious about and listen, I get it. I already have anxiety, but I'm so anxious about leaving because I'm leaving this weekend. Oh, going out of town. I leave Thursday morning very early. Can't walk him Thursday morning, so the kids are gonna have to walk him Thursday morning, Thursday night, Friday morning, Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning, Sunday night.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of That is a lot time. I'm gonna miss you, I know.
Speaker 3: And he's he gets he does not respond to the kids the way he does with me, although he really likes Sadie. And so I think I told you this before. I'm just gonna have Sadie sleep in our bed, yeah, so that he can sleep in bed with somebody where you guys going again, We're going to Williamstown for myne wedding. For the wedding, right, yeah, but I'll be home. We'll be home Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But still like, yeah, he's gonna. I feel like.
Speaker 3: I've got the kids are going to have to like figure out. I mean, we're going to have them try to walk him sooner tonight, yeah, just to make sure that he'll go with them.
Speaker 1: Right, but if you're not.
Speaker 2: If he does and go with them and you're around, he might give you an issue. But if you're not around, he's going to have to go with them, you know what I mean, I don't know what he's gonna That's what I'm assuming. He's not going to just refuse all walks, right. I mean he was for a while refusing to go with John. But you're right, it was usually if I was home. Yeah, see, they that's how Phil would be, like, he would want me to do it whatever, you know, I don't know, but like, but if I wasn't around, there's no.
Speaker 3: Choice, right, you know, it'll be fine. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: But let's say hi to our fabulous people.
Speaker 3: We got Katie's rolling on E and we got e Sean.
Speaker 1: And Rebecca Lubin so cute.
Speaker 3: And Valerie Bubba Fenwick kids out of the Park and Katerina check that Moler, I'm not even kidding, do it? Hope you have dental insurance. Elizabeth Williamson's got a ton of kids, but Rita's rocking him in her bassiet, Dick is frolicking, Aaron's a dirty Sanchez, Sandra, it's not easy being green. Chrisa get a stop, Leslie with the coffin, Yeah, Alicia Escalante City El Monday, Kelly Brandt's your aunt, Missy and Gabby they were down at the river.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah they're still there. Yeah, passing out free T shirts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they couldn't get a right home, right, and Polly, we love your pancakes. And Nikki call your girls, Call your girls.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, let's see, let's start with every Adam Lerner, Adam Brown my car, and.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a Sannya's car by the end of this week. Nice.
Speaker 3: Go to Adams gootacar dot com to see what all the fuss is about. Leilani Armstrong is a og listener of our podcast, and she's a real estate agent. She serves Greater Sacramento and East Bay Area. You can call her at five three zero four hundred three three three four dre zero two two five four zero four zero j up our favorite favorite man. He loves us, Lee love him. He's a good person and he gives his shout out to the ac LU, which I give money to every single month, and I think you should too. Just save our rights and our democracy. Right, Waves and Wonder travel. That's our girl. Christine B. Her insta is travel with Christine B. Christine with a C or Christine at Waves and Wonder Travel. Maren has Sugar Skulls, so you can jump on a plane booked by Christine and go to their their store on kowhy, or if you can't, you can still go to their website Sugar Skull eight oh eight dot Square dot site. Becky Barris. Now, if you need a T shirt, tank top, that's right, muscle shirt, whatever you want, go to just Basic Becky dot com and just look over what they have fun designs and use the code f col. If you're in Palm Springs, which you might not want to be right this minute, but when you do, go go to Wilma and Frieda. Yes, yeah, Palm Springs are palm Desert, Best Brunch in Town. Family Skeptical. It's a podcast about raising kids with no religion because it's a bullshit, just kidding. You can do religion if you want, but I get it. They do an episode every three weeks, so it won't even cut into your FCO all time. Kayleie Pettis is a marriage and family therapist in Seattle. She sees clients virtually all across Washington State. Go to Emerald Bloomtherapy dot com. Yeah, Natasha Stanford has Spoonful of Memories, turn your family recipes into a printed cookbook, a Spoonful of Memories dot life, and last but not least, Jen and Ari have a podcast called Three Gray Pubes, which is such a funny name for a podcast, and they are just sassy and irreverent and talking about aging and you know, just starting a new life alone. If that's what you're doing, so join the book. Yeah, all right, all right, thanks everybody.
Speaker 1: You're a parent now, don't if.
Speaker 3: It up
Speaker 1: That angle