Speaker 1: Right, diving in today with a deep dive for all you cybersecurity.
Speaker 2: Fans out there, especially for those who well might not think of a certain programming language when they picture a hacker exactly.
Speaker 1: Our source material today is the book pen Testing with.
Speaker 2: Pearl, ah using Pearl for penetration testing.
Speaker 1: YEP, pen testing for short. Yeah. Think of this deep dive as like your cheat sheet to the book's key concepts and tools.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty interesting choice, right. You know, we always picture some shadowy figure in a hoodie when we think about hacking, right, But behind all of that, it really boils down to logic and really good programming skills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes you realize that just about anyone could learn how to do it. Absolutely, so why peril? It's not exactly like the most popular language right now? I know, right, but the book makes a really strong argument for how useful it is for pen testing.
Speaker 2: It really does. What makes Pearl so powerful for this is its ability to manipulate text and interact directly with the system, automate network scans like build those, exploit payloads, and then analyze all that captured data. Pearls amazing for all of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. So the book focus is more on how to apply those Pearl skills to these security challenges, not so much about teaching you Pearl.
Speaker 2: Itself, right exactly. It assumes you have a basic understanding of the language already. It's more about how to think like a pen tester who uses Pearl as their weapon of choice. I guess you could.
Speaker 1: Say, gotcha, So like a digital Swiss army knife kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, the book also mentions Linux quite a bit. Is that because most PEN testing is done in a Linux environment?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Pretty much. Linux gives pen sesters the power and flexibility they need to really dig deep into these systems. The book kind of assumes you have some basic Linux command line skills already, you know, like navigating directories, looking at files, and running programs.
Speaker 1: The basics, but still crucial. Oh yeah, So let's say you're starting appentist. What will be the first step reconnaissance?
Speaker 2: It's all about scoping things out.
Speaker 1: We call it network foot printing, okay, like gathering intel.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. We're trying to find active hosts, open ports, and even the types of operating systems that are being used.
Speaker 1: So itis like real detective work. What kind of tools would you use for this.
Speaker 2: Oh, there are a bunch. One that you've probably heard of is NMAP super Versatile, can be used for all kinds of scanning techniques. Another one is h E three Really useful for when those typical ICMP requests are being blocked, you know, like when you have to craft your own custom packets, almost like you're speaking the network's language.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to see how this needs more than just technical skills. There's some creativity involved here too.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: The book had this cool example of using n map for what they called it syn stealth scan. Can you break that down a bit? It sounds pretty uh sneaky?
Speaker 2: It is. You remember the TCP three way.
Speaker 1: Handshake vaguely remind.
Speaker 2: Me, right? So basically the syn stealth scan uses that process. It starts by sending syn package to the different ports on the target machine. If the port is open, it responds with the s Y and ACK packet like it's ready to complete the handshake.
Speaker 1: Right, that's normal, yep.
Speaker 2: But instead of finishing that handshake sending that final ACK packet, en map throws a curveball and sends an RST packet instead, you know, or reset.
Speaker 1: Like nope, change my mind.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah, pretty much. The target machine just thinks, oh, that connection failed. But we've gotten all this valuable information about the open ports and we didn't even set off any alarms.
Speaker 1: That is sneaky. So we've mapped the network, we've found some open doors.
Speaker 2: Now what time to get into fingerprinting those devices and services.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what exactly does that mean.
Speaker 2: It's like analyzing those fingerprints left at a crime scene. We look at those network responses to figure out the operating systems, what services are running, and you know, any other juicy details we can find.
Speaker 1: So basically gathering more specific data that can be used later.
Speaker 2: On exactly and understanding network protocols is super important here, things like TCP and net bios makes sense.
Speaker 1: The book had a cool example of a Pearl script using the netinfo dot discovery dot net bios module. Can you walk us through that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that example shows you how to get info about those hosts on a subnet by sending net bios name service queries. They're normally used to convert names to IP addresses, but we can kind of trick hosts into giving up some information about themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're using these network protocols in ways they weren't necessarily intended.
Speaker 2: For exactly, and that information can be super valuable when you're planning the next stages of a penetration test. Now, let's shift gears a bit to something you're probably using every single day, Web applications.
Speaker 1: Web apps are everywhere these days, and I know they could be like major targets for a text.
Speaker 2: Sure, web apps often have vulnerabilities that attackers can exploit to get access to sensitive data or even take control of the whole system.
Speaker 1: The book mentions a few vulnerabilities that sound scary, things like cross site scripting, SQL injection, and file inclusion vulnerabilities.
Speaker 2: They can be pretty dangerous they're exploited, and that's where Pearl comes in. You can use it to both find and exploit these vulnerabilities.
Speaker 1: I remember reading about blind sequel injection. It sounded like something right out of a spy movie.
Speaker 2: Ha huh. It's a bit like that. Wine squel injection is used when attackers can't directly see any error messages from the database. Think of it like trying to open a combination lock just by listening to those clicks of the tumblers as you're turning the dial.
Speaker 1: So they're sending queries and trying to figure out if they're on the right track based on how the application risponds.
Speaker 2: Exactly. They're trying to piece together information about the database and eventually extract that data without setting off any alarms.
Speaker 1: And you can use Pearl to automate this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Pearl's really good at handling strings and manipulating data, so it's great for making those SEQL queries and then interpreting the responses.
Speaker 1: I see, very strategic. Okay, let's switch gears again. Talk about wireless networks. I've always felt like Wi Fi is inherently less secure? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Wireless networks definitely have their own challenges. The older security protocols especially, can be full of vulnerabilities.
Speaker 1: The book mentions deauthentication attacks. Are those as simple as they sound?
Speaker 2: They're surprisingly simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically, you send these specially crafted packets that force clients to disconnect from the network. Imagine cutting the phone lines before you break into a house.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a good analogy. And once they're disconnected, they're even more vulnerable, right, especially when they try to reconnect Exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, the book goes really deep into the eight oh two point all one protocol you know the tech behind Wi Fi, and shows how you can use Perl to analyze and even manipulate those wireless packets.
Speaker 1: Okay, last thing for today, let's talk passwords. I know cracking passwords can be tough. Is it mostly just broof forcing them?
Speaker 2: It's more of a mix of probability and processing power. A lot of times we're talking about offline attacks, like when attackers have gotten those password hashes.
Speaker 1: Right, I remember reading about those.
Speaker 2: So those hashes are like one way transformations of the passwords. They're not the passwords themselves, gotcha.
Speaker 1: So how do they actually crack the hashes?
Speaker 2: A couple of ways. You've got dictionary attacks. They use lists of common passwords and brute force methods, which basically try every single combination of characters. Both of these methods rely on hashing those potential passwords and seeing if they match the stolen ones.
Speaker 1: It's like trying every key on a giant key ring until one fits exactly.
Speaker 2: And how long it takes depends on how complex the passwords are and the hashing algorithm that was used.
Speaker 1: The book mentioned a couple algorithms, SAHA one and MD five are those still used today.
Speaker 2: MB five is pretty much a relic now super weak SAHA one is still out there, but it's showing its age. The book also shows you how to use Pearl to crack WPA two passwords by looking at captured handshake packets. You know how devices establish that secure connection.
Speaker 1: That sounds super advanced.
Speaker 2: It can be, but the basic idea is to capture those packets, analyze them with Pearl, and try to get that pre shared key that's used to encrypt the traffic.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. Okay, let's talk about social engineering. This is where the human element comes in, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. It's all about manipulating people to gain access to systems or information, so.
Speaker 1: Like phishing emails, fake websites, even messing with social media accounts, all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of scary how attackers can use psychology to get around those security measures.
Speaker 1: The book talks about how peerl can automate some of these social engineering tasks. What's an example of that.
Speaker 2: Well, imagine you want to send out a ton of phishing emails. You can use Perl to make each email seem personalized so they're more convincing. You can even use Pearl to clone websites and make those fake login pages that look almost exactly like the real thing.
Speaker 1: So sneaky. It's not just about technical skills, it's about knowing how people think exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's why it's so important to think about the ethical side of social engineering when you're pen testing, you know, understanding the impact and always being responsible.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we found vulnerabilities, tested exploits, gathered tons of data.
Speaker 2: What happens next, time to write it all up. Recording is a key part of pen testing.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. You've got to communicate your findings in a way that's clear and.
Speaker 2: Makes sense exactly. And guess what Pearl can help with that too. Perl is great at processing texts, so it's perfect for making all those different kinds of reports. You can make text files csvs HTML for those web reports, even PDFs if you need to make things super official.
Speaker 1: I can definitely see how that would be helpful to organize all of that data and present it in a way that clients understand. The book even mentioned using Pearl to add visual elements to the report.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure. Imagine making graphs and charts right there in your report, stuff like vulnerability counts, or even those attack paths. Maybe a visual that shows the whole security posture of the target. Clients really love visuals.
Speaker 1: Absolutely makes it much easier to digest all that info. Speaking of digging for information, the book had a section on using Perl for what they called DNS enumeration. What is that exactly?
Speaker 2: Okay, so think of it like being detective, but you're trying to find all those secret rooms in a mansion.
Speaker 1: Maybe Okay, I like that analogy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So DNS enumeration is all about sending queries to DNS servers trying to get information about the target domain, things like IP addresses, mail servers, and even some hidden subdomains.
Speaker 1: Hidden subdomains, that sounds interesting. Why would they be hidden and what kind of information could they lead to?
Speaker 2: Sometimes they're like accidental leftovers from when the website was being built. Oh like jump tours, Yeah exactly. They might have old versions of web applications on them, or even internal systems that accidentally got exposed to the whole Internet. Finding those can be a huge win, So.
Speaker 1: It's like striking gold pretty much.
Speaker 2: The book gave an example of using the net DNS module to basically brute force those subdomains broote forcing them.
Speaker 1: How does that work.
Speaker 2: It's like generating a big list of all the possible subdomains and then sending a query for every single one of them to the DNS server.
Speaker 1: So like trying a ton of keys to see which ones fit the exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's say we've gathered all this intel and we have a good map of the target network. What's the next step in appentist.
Speaker 1: What do we do with all that info?
Speaker 2: We dive into service discovery, start poking around and seeing what services are actually running on the systems we've found.
Speaker 1: So after finding the doors, we're checking if they're unlocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great way to put it. We're looking for things like web servers, mail servers, file sharing services, really anything that might have a weakness we can exploit. One technique the book mentioned is banner grabbing.
Speaker 1: Banner grabbing, What's that?
Speaker 2: It's a super quick and easy way to get a basic overview of what's running on a specific port.
Speaker 1: How do you actually grab a banner?
Speaker 2: You send a special request to the service and then look at the response. We're looking for clues like the software name and the version number.
Speaker 1: That's smart. So if you can find an outdated or vulnerable service, you know exactly where to focus your attack.
Speaker 2: Bingo. It's like having a blueprint for the attack. Now let's talk about something, and it's become a huge target for attackers. Web applications web apps.
Speaker 1: Are basically everywhere, and they can be a real security nightmare if they weren't built right.
Speaker 2: That's true. Web apps often have those vulnerabilities that attackers can use to get sensitive data or even take control of the whole system. SQL injection is a common one, and the book goes into a lot of detail about it.
Speaker 1: I've heard of that it sounds like a really clever way to get around security measures.
Speaker 2: It is. It targets web forms that were designed or coded poorly. The attacker messes with those input fields and they inject malicious code that the database then runs.
Speaker 1: So they're tricking the database into doing something it shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. The book has this example of using Perl in a module called LWP user Agent to actually exploit one of those vulnerable forms. It showed how attackers can get data from a database even when you don't see any error messages. They call that blind sequel injection.
Speaker 1: Blind sequel injection. It sounds like reading someone's mind without them knowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of. The attacker has to ask all these indirect questions and really pay attention to how the application responds.
Speaker 1: Wow, that sounds super challenging.
Speaker 2: It is, but Perl can help a lot because it's so good with string handling and manipulating data. It's all about precision and being strategic.
Speaker 1: It all makes sense. So what about cross site scripting? I know that's another big web app vulnerability.
Speaker 2: Cross site scripting or XSS is how attackers slip malicious JavaScript code into a web page that other people will see.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see. So they're like setting a trap on the website for someone else to fall into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And then when someone visits that page, their browser runs that malicious code, which could do a lot of damage.
Speaker 1: Like what kind of davature are we talking about.
Speaker 2: It could steal their login info, send them to a fake website, even give the attacker control of their whole browser.
Speaker 1: That sounds pretty bad.
Speaker 2: It can be, Yeah, and you can use Pearl to automate finding and exploiting those EXSS vulnerabilities. Really like how the book kind of whole Pearl script for it. It could scan a website and look for possible vulnerabilities, even craft those malicious codebits to inject.
Speaker 1: Wow, Pearl is really versatile. The book also mentioned file inclusion vulnerabilities, specifically local file inclusion LFI and remote file inclusion RFI. What's the difference between those two?
Speaker 2: Both of them exploit vulnerabilities that let attackers trick the web server into including files it shouldn't. It's like convincing the server to read a file it doesn't have access to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm falling so far. What kind of problems could that cause?
Speaker 2: Attackers could get into sensitive files, run their own malicious code, or even take over the entire server.
Speaker 1: Yikes. So what's the difference between LiFi and RFI.
Speaker 2: The difference is where those files are located.
Speaker 1: So LiFi is when the attacker tries to get a file that's already on.
Speaker 2: The server exactly. It's like sneaking into a restricted area in a building.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then what's RFI.
Speaker 2: RFI means they're trying to include a file from a remote server, one that they control, like calling in back up from outside.
Speaker 1: I get it. So they're bringing in their own tool yep.
Speaker 2: Pretty much The book had an example of using Pearl to exploit an LFI vulnerability to actually get into the etceterpass rid file on a Linux server.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's that? What's in that file?
Speaker 2: Oh, that one's a gold mine. It's got usernames, home directories, sometimes even encrypted passwords. If an attacker can get into that, that's a huge win for them.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. The book also had an example about RFI using it to run PHP code on the server.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's super dangerous. RFI gives attackers a ton of control. It's like planting a bomb and setting it off whenever they want.
Speaker 1: That is terrifying. Okay, let's move on to something else. I'm really curious about packet capturing an analysis. What is that all about.
Speaker 2: It's basically like grabbing those raw network profit snapshots as they're passing through a network interface. Imagine listening in on all the digital conversations happening around you. Pearl is super helpful for analyzing and messing with that captured data.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the book had a whole section on using Perl to pick apart those TCP packets. It seemed pretty technical.
Speaker 2: It is, you need to understand those network protocols. And how those packets are structured. But Perl makes it easier to do that suck well. Perl has special modules for it, like netpacket dot Ethernet, netpacket dot IP, and netpacket dot TCP. They can all decode the different layers of a TCP.
Speaker 1: Packet, like having a secret decoder ring for network traffic exactly.
Speaker 2: You can see all those individual fields inside the packet heather, things like the IP addresses, port numbers, those sequence numbers, even the TCP flags that control how that connection flows.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how much information is hidden in there. The book had an example about using Pearl to pull data from an HTTP packet that was captured in the man in the middle attack.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Man in the middle attacks are sneaky. That's when someone's listening in on a conversation, maybe even changing it without the other two parties knowing.
Speaker 1: Like tapping a phone line.
Speaker 2: Exactly. By capturing and then analyzing those packets, you can see all the information that's being shared, including things like usernames, passwords, maybe even financial info.
Speaker 1: It's scary how easy it is to snoop these days. What about HTTPS? Doesn't that encrypt everything, making it harder to spy.
Speaker 2: It does make it tougher, but there are still ways for attackers to get around it. The book mentioned a tool called SSL strip, which can downgrade that HTTPS connection to regular HTTP. Suddenly, all that traffic is vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Again, so they trick the website and the user into thinking they're having a private conversation when really they're broadcasting everything exactly.
Speaker 2: It's super important to always be aware of these attacks and make sure you're only connecting to websites using that HTTPS. Look for that little lock icon in the address bar.
Speaker 1: Good advice. Okay, what about wireless attacks? Those seem like a whole different category.
Speaker 2: They are. Wireless networks have their own set of security problems. Remember those deauthentication attacks.
Speaker 1: We talked about, Yeah, kicking everyone off the network sounds pretty disruptive.
Speaker 2: Oh it is. The book showed how attackers can use Pearl and a tool called air cracking to create those deauthentication packets.
Speaker 1: That's powerful. What about actually cracking those WEP and WPA two passwords? Those are what secure most Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: Networks, right they are WEP or wired equivalent privacy is an older one that's not very secure anymore. WPA two, which stands for Wi Fi Protected Access to is the current standard and it's way more secure, but it can still be broken.
Speaker 1: How do they do that? How do attackers crack those passwords?
Speaker 2: For WPA two, it's all about capturing that four way handshake when a device is connecting to the network. Once they have that, they can try brute forcing it or using a dictionary attack to guess the password.
Speaker 1: The book showed how to use Pearl and Air cracking for that. How long does it usually take to crack a password?
Speaker 2: It really depends on how strong the password is. The longer and more complex it is, the harder it is to crack.
Speaker 1: That's why it's so important to have those strong passwords. Okay, we've covered a lot today. We talked about network tacks, web applications, and wireless attacks. What about social engineering? Isn't that all about taking advantage of people's weaknesses? It is.
Speaker 2: It's about manipulating people to get into systems or information.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how attackers can use psychology to get around security. The book showed how you can use Perl for those social engineering tasks. What would be a good example of that.
Speaker 2: Imagine you want to send out a bunch of phishing emails. You could use Perl to make each email look personalized so it seems more believable. You can even clone websites and make those fake login pages that look just like the real deal.
Speaker 1: It's pretty sneaky. It's not just about being technical. You have to understand how people think and what makes them.
Speaker 2: Trust things exactly. That's why the ethics of social engineering are super important. In pen testing, you have to understand the impact and always be responsible.
Speaker 1: Okay, after all that testing and gathering information, what's the next step you have to put it all together? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we call that the penetration testing report. It's really important.
Speaker 1: That's how you explain everything you found and give recommendations to the client exactly.
Speaker 2: And the book talked a lot about how those reports need to be written for the audience. A report for a tech team is going to look a lot different than one for the executives.
Speaker 1: So the technical one gets into all the details, right, the vulnerabilities, the exploits, and the steps to fix them exactly.
Speaker 2: But for the executives, it's more about the big picture, the overall risk to the organization. What could happen if there's a breach and the high level things they need to do to fix it.
Speaker 1: So making sure everyone gets the right info in a way that's easy to understand. Can you use Pearl to make these reports?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, for sure. Pearl can pull data from different sources, organize it, and even make those charts and graphs to make things super clear.
Speaker 1: Visuals are always helpful. A picture really is worth a thousand words. Now. Something we've talked about a lot during this deep dive is ethical hacking. It sounds kind of like a contradiction, I.
Speaker 2: Know, right. Ethical hacking is all about finding vulnerabilities and telling the company about them so they can improve their security. It's like being a security consultant who can actually show them their weaknesses.
Speaker 1: Like showing someone how their luck could be picked so they can get a.
Speaker 2: Stronger one exactly. But it's important to remember that ethical hackers have to play by the rules. They need to be respectful of the client's systems and data, always get permission before doing any testing, and be totally honest about what they find.
Speaker 1: So it's about using your skills for good, helping those organizations stay ahead of the bad guys.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Well, this takes us to the end of part two of our deep dive into pen testing with Pearl. We've covered a lot of ground exploring how this language, which you might not expect, has become a key player in the world of cybersecurity.
Speaker 1: It's pretty amazing how many ways you can use Peerl for this. We talked about network recon social engineering, web app attacks, even incident response, and of course the ethical side of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Perl might not be the most glamorous language out there, but it's super flexible. Plus, it's a pro at manipulating text, and it's got this huge collection of modules. It's a great fit for security tasks.
Speaker 1: To our listeners, we challenge you to take what you've learned here and start exploring Pearl and cybersecurity on your own.
Speaker 2: Play around with the tools, try writing your own scripts, and never stop learning. You might be surprised by what you can do.
Speaker 1: That's great advice. We'll be right back for the third and final part of our deep dive into pent testing with Pearl, so don't go anywhere all right back for the final part of our Pearl powered cybersecurity deep dive. You know, I've been thinking about your question from earlier, which one was that about how someone can actually use peerl to improve their cybersecurity skills.
Speaker 2: Ah right, it's a good question, makes you think it does.
Speaker 1: What really stands out to me about Pearl is how flexible it is. You can automate all those boring tasks, get into data analysis, even make your own security tools.
Speaker 2: You're right, that's what makes it so unique. Building those custom tools. It's like having a secret weapon.
Speaker 1: Exactly, like no one else has it.
Speaker 2: One area where custom tools are a game changer is incident response. You know, when there's security breach, every second counts. I can imagine you have to figure out what happened, try to stop the damage, and then figure out how they got in.
Speaker 1: Sounds intense, like a digital fire drill.
Speaker 2: It can be, But you can use Perl to help you go through all those huge log files, connect the dots between different events, find those suspicious activities. It can even help you contain the breach by like shutting off those compromise systems.
Speaker 1: So it's like having a high tech detective on the case exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of detective works, something we haven't really talked about is how important documentation is, especially those penetration testing reports. It's not just about finding the vulnerabilities, it's about explaining them in a way that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Those reports are how you tell the client what you found and what they need to fix.
Speaker 2: And the book really emphasizes that you need to write those reports for the people who are going to read them. A report for the tech team is going to be different from a report for the executives.
Speaker 1: So for the tech people, you'd go into all the technical stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the specifics of the vulnerabilities, how we exploited them, and the step by step process for fixing.
Speaker 1: Them makes sense. What about for the executives? What would you include for them?
Speaker 2: For them, it's more about the big picture, like what's the overall risk to the company, what could happen if someone breaks in, and what are the major steps they need to take to fix it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it. So the tech team gets the nitty gritty details and the executives get the high level overview exactly.
Speaker 2: You have to make sure that everyone gets the right information in a way that they understand.
Speaker 1: Can PERL help with making those reports too, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. You can use it to pull data from different places, put it all together, and even generate those charts and graphs to make it super clear.
Speaker 1: Visuals are always so helpful. They say a picture's worth a thousand words. Now, something we've been talking about throughout this whole deep dive is the idea of ethical hacking. It sounds a bit strange, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I know, it's kind of a contradiction. But ethical hacking is all about finding those vulnerabilities and telling the company about them so they can improve their security.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like being a good guy hacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a security consultant who can show them exactly where their weaknesses are.
Speaker 1: It's like showing someone that their lock can be picked so they can replace it with a better one.
Speaker 2: Exactly. But ethical hackers have to have rules, you know. They have to be respectful of the client systems and data, always get permission before they do any testing, and be honest about everything they find.
Speaker 1: So using your powers for good basically exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, this brings us to the end of our deep dive into pen testing with Pearl. It's been a fun journey figuring out how a language you might not expect can be such a great tool in the world of cybersecurity.
Speaker 1: It's been an eye opener for sure. Who knew Pearl was so powerful. We covered so much network recon social engineering, those web app attacks, incident response, even the ethical side of things. It's been great.
Speaker 2: Perl might not be the most popular language, but it's definitely versatile. It's amazing at handling text, and it has a huge library of modules to choose from. It's a perfect match for all kinds of security work.
Speaker 1: So to everyone listening, we challenge you to take what you've learned and start exploring Perl and cybersecurity.
Speaker 2: Try out those tools, write your own scripts, and never stop learning. You never know what you might be able to do.
Speaker 1: That's great advice. Thanks for joining us on this deep dive, and remember, stay curious, stay safe, and keep exploring the world of cybersecurity.