Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome in his time now for our community connection and on with his today we have Earl series and he brought a friend, Earl.
Speaker 2: How are you doing today?
Speaker 3: Well, Tom, I'm just delighted to be here, and thank you for aliving us and just the Potter family and this program of community connections. It's just just it helps our community and we just greatly appreciate the allow people just what we're going to do today to bring in guests and members, you know, people that are running for other offices around the state, and just giuse people an opportunity to let our community know.
Speaker 2: What's going on and what is going on.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm here today with a just a great friend of mine that I met when I served in the House representative. His name is Marty Quinn. Just a great friend of mine, and he is going to announce on Monday that he's going to be running for a particular office.
Speaker 2: I'm going to let him.
Speaker 3: Talk about that, okay, and but.
Speaker 2: And again he'll set all that up.
Speaker 3: But we are just delighted for him to be in Barswell today, and I want our community to know that we have an outstanding individual that's getting ready to run for an office that is very important in our state. And he's the man as far as I'm concerned, that can take care of the job. So Marty, this is Marty Quinn. Welcome to Barsweel and tell us what you're getting ready to do on Monday.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Earl. Appreciate you and community of Bartlesville and Potter family giving us an opportunity to be here this morning in some more rainy weather.
Speaker 2: I haven't had enough of that. No. Now, we first got introduced to you here a little bit ago when he ran from Congress, and he made many trips in here, so you're a familiar face to a lot of folks, but to those who might not know you, tell us a little bit about what you got going on and what you're run for. Well.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that we ran for Congress a couple of years ago, but our career has been spent in insurance industry, and so Glenn mull Rady is your current insurance commissioner. Glenn turns out in twenty twenty six, so next June will be the Republican primary. So we have basically a year from now to get ready to you know, earn people's vote and Borrowsville's a strong community and full of good people and a lot of good things going on, and we want to build a good network here. But it's our plan next Monday to announce that we're running for insurance commissioner.
Speaker 2: That's the plan.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The job of the insurance commissioner you hear insurance and then you hear commissioner is to pretty much oversee how things are running as far as insurance correct or correct me, I'm.
Speaker 4: It's you know, the insurance commissioner is you know, he's responsible for the statutes and the regulations that are in place and whether that's you know. Another part of it that people forget is you want to competitive marketplace. So you want an environment that people in the insurance industry want to do business in Oklahoma. Currently, for example, we have about one hundred companies that are able to write homeowners insurance. There's only probably fifty plus companies that are currently engaged in writing homeowners But you want that market competitive because, as in any other marketplace, the more competition that you have, the better the price is. Now, having said that, everybody that's listening to this radio station knows that their homeowners' rates have went up, and we want to make sure in the future, especially in my opinion, the consumers where everything starts. If you don't have a consumer, whether that's an agency for us or whether that's the people that are buying the products, you don't have a good consumer foundation. You don't have companies to do business with. But the office, in my opinion, is kind of like a scale. One day you're dealing with corporate rations and trying to create an environment that they want to do business in, and then the next day you're dealing in an environment that you're making sure that the consumer is protected, making sure that the consumer is covered properly when claims time comes. You want to make sure that those companies are financially stable, got enough reserves that they can fulfill the promise that they've made to that consumer a few years back when they sold them that product.
Speaker 2: Don't think you're going to be busy, be a little busy.
Speaker 4: I think you can be as busy as you want to. There's a lot of things that go on in other states. There's a constant pressure or has been at least has been a constant pressure from the federal government wanting to be involved as much as possible, so we'll have to look out for those type of things we're more than capable of. In oklahoma've taken care of our insurance problems and insurance needs in the marketplace that the commissioner's responsible for.
Speaker 2: Now you've been in the insurance business. Where do you see place where we can improve?
Speaker 4: Well, Like I say, I think the most important thing is because you'll be in a campaign, you're going to kind of be pigeonholed one way or the other, you know, or are you gonna be bomped by the legal side of things. You're gonna be bomped by the commission corporation side of things. But at the end of the day, you have to deal with corporations, the legal system, and the consumer base. So there's gonna be that constant battle. I think the best way and I think ear old with a test to this, the reputation that I've tried to build at least is one that can be trusted, one that that you can you can talk to if you've got an issue, if you've got a problem, more than willing to listen to. And then at the end of the day, you have to you have to have somebody that knows the difference between right and wrong and uh. And that's where that's where my base is going to be. Is you want to make the decisions that are right based off of the information that you're that you have in front of you, and at the same time not have too much influence from out to sway you one way or the other. But you know, in the political campaign there'll be there'll be a lot of things out there that'll be trying to paint you one way or the other. But the insurance, there won't be anybody else in the race that'll have more insurance in more areas. I've been a legislator, but I've been a consumer longer than I have anything else. I've been an agent, I've been a manager, been an owner. I tell people all the time, I want I want people to really know where I started, and that's you started on a poultry farm and a cattle farm and then graduated in the sixth grade, graduated to flipping hamburgers and waiting table and washing dishes. So I can relate to almost anybody out out here this morning and listening to us on the radio.
Speaker 2: Well, Earl sounds like you brought in a good one again.
Speaker 3: Well, I just need to jump in here because he just said I think Earl will confirmed this and I and not only can I confirm it, but I want to. I want my my all my friends and my Borerswell community to know. Glenn Malready, who is your insurance commission right now, has done a phenomenal job serving the people of Ooklahoma. Glenn and I are near and dear friends. He was my seat mate for a year and a half on my last two years in the House of Representatives. A man of integrity has just done a phenomenal job. But we have term limits in the great state of Oklahoma, which is right, and I really appreciate term limits. So now we have an opportunity to put another person in that position, which leads to what Marty Quinn, who's setting to my right but here in our community today, a man of integrity absolutely made the comment he talked to anybody and deal with any situation. And that's what I just admire about him. Just Marty is one that wants to serve the people. He's done it faithfully when he was a House of Representatives and he went to the Senate, he did run for Congress, but our particular district chose another member. Fully understand that, but he ran a good race. But now then we have an opportunity to put someone in as our insurance commissioner. And you could not find a finer gentleman and again a man of integrity. His work ethic is just above and beyond, and he will serve the people of Oklahoma. And I'm looking forward to bringing him back to Bartersville. And I'm looking forward to his announcement on Monday in regards to running for this office. So Marty, all the best to you, and I want you to come back to Barsville.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, I guess next time we see you you'll have a website of right exactly.
Speaker 4: That's all going to be official on Monday.
Speaker 2: We'll wait then. I don't want to get into the weeds, all right, Well, thank you very much, Marty Quinn, and thank you very much Earl Seis for dropping by today.
Speaker 3: And again, thank you to this radio station, in the Potter family and the entire staff that allows this community connection which allows us to come in and do these kind of things. Take care, Tom, We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: All right, folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection