Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back.
Speaker 3: What is this plance as connected disconnected? It's connected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to feel disconnected the number that has been disconnected. Welcome to another Thursday New intro. I hope people enjoyed that. Been working on that for a while.
Speaker 3: Very nice, very nice.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: For everybody who is seeing this gentleman for the first time, I hope everybody goes and opens up that channel of description in a new tab, write this moment and subscribes to my friend mister Carlon Cook.
Speaker 2: Carlin, thanks for coming on day.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I'm very excited about this if I can stay awake.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about that too.
Speaker 4: I I've talked about it on here a few times, but what I've been doing recently is staying up until about one or two in the morning and then waking up at four forty five to go to work.
Speaker 2: And this week is particularly bad.
Speaker 3: My apologies for that one. That sucks.
Speaker 4: It's a part of the transition, I guess. So Carlin's channel. Everybody needs to go check this out, because one, you watch a lot of Vinegar Syndrome stuff I do, and a lot of shutter stuff, and there are a lot of people that will.
Speaker 2: Mention both of those things.
Speaker 4: Very very rarely do we get in depth reviews or discussion on every single title from somebody that actually watched them. So, I mean, first I want to find out because I don't know that I ever heard you tell the story.
Speaker 2: How'd you first find Vinegar Syndrome.
Speaker 3: I think some years ago I had made like a one time purchase because I wanted ice cream Man really bad. And then I also was just like, well, I'm not just gonna buy one thing, so you know, you look around, and I think at the same time, I ended up buying Spookyes, like just on a whim, Yeah, and fell in love with Spookys and was just like, oh my gosh. And then like some years later, I was like, well, does that say it again? So I eventually went back and then I got very hooked after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can tell you're pretty hooked cause you get you get some hauls every month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I have some to show over here too, a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna be going in depth into all of those and then Shutter. You've kind of like we were talking about before you got in like on the ground floor with Shutter. How how that originally happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I had gotten Shutter myself and was really enjoying a lot of the stuff that they had on their service, and then I was just kind of like, I want to do movie reviews. Maybe if I kind of hitch my wag into this kind of fledgling horror streaming service, right that I can get something cool like screeners and be able to do that stuff. And I just send email all on a whim, and they were just like yeah, because at that point they weren't getting much press, so they're just like anyone, it's it's totally cool. So they just sent it and I've just been getting the stuff ever since. So I've been doing it about six years now, reviewing all their exclusive and original films, which is at one point it was four a month and now they're kind of down to two a month, but you know, getting some good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I feel like what they've gotten has has cut down but perhaps gone up in quality.
Speaker 2: It feels like a lot of the time.
Speaker 3: It's here and there. Look, I'll let you in on a secrete. One of my one of my things when when I get these screeners is that, uh, if it's a if it says it's a Shutter original and it's made the United States, it's probably not going to be great. Yeah, But if it's a Shutter original made in another country, there is a chance it could be very good.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So that's what's one of my roles. Exclusives could be you know, most likely exclusives are going to be pretty good, but you never know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exclusives, if I'm remembering right, generally just stuff that they're distributing because they saw it somewhere and it was great and they wanted Yeah. Okay, so right, I thought, so yeah, tonight after the announcements, we're going to be covering underrated Shutter original Slash exclusive things that maybe people aren't talking about as much.
Speaker 2: It's not on my list.
Speaker 4: I kind of doubt it's on yours because it's getting pretty big press at the moment. But for an example, even though it's getting talked about, one of mine would be The Ugly.
Speaker 2: Stepsister from this year.
Speaker 4: I think it is getting talked about very highly but also not enough.
Speaker 2: That movie is kind of incredible. Did you enjoy that one this year? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed it right now. Of all the new horror films I've seen this year, it's my number two behind Sinners.
Speaker 2: Same here.
Speaker 4: I think you were the first one that is aligned with me on that. That's awesome. We got about forty seven comments about a cat in your place, so if it makes an appearance tonight, they would like to see it up close.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I have two. The one is probably not going to make an appearance Willow because she's a little bit older. She's kind of settled in Josie though, is very active. She's actually running around right now, so you might see.
Speaker 2: Her nice well.
Speaker 4: Talking about this year, let's before we do pickups, what have you been watching recently? Because I always love hear hearing you talk about these titles. Okay, so I have a stack here.
Speaker 3: Vinegar Syndrome obviously, and actually I just the other day did my actually yesterday, just did my video for all the July releases I got from Vinegar Syndrome, ranking and reviewing all of them, because that's what I do every single month for these for people who don't know, so that's not available for everyone on my channel right now. It's just members have access at the moment for about a week, and then it will be available for everyone. See but in no particular order. I watch The Rage Carrie two, which honestly I like the movie as like a so bad it's good plus like nineties nostalgia in this moment of like coming out of the eighties film and feeling like they want to kind of still be ridiculous, but also are fighting trying to be serious with the film. And it's just a weird mix. But I like the movie, but this is kind of not a great release honestly, Like the movie looks good and I like the movie, but like, first of all, like what is this? Like like what is this? Like where's where's the extra artwork? Because people are paying for this. The other thing is there's like there's a commentary track, but then there's like one special feature like you couldn't have gotten no essays, Like you couldn't gotten someone I would talk about it, Like, just get someone to talk about it, do like a video essay or something.
Speaker 4: I think I mentioned this the maybe the week after it was announced. Maybe I did it on here. Maybe it was only the discord, but I've found out from Justin lit Liberty they were told they were not allowed to do anything for this disc MGM is the worst studio to work with, and they literally said, you cannot do anything for this release.
Speaker 3: Why would they that? It makes no sense. But I also the Blu Ray did not play either, and I verified that on multiple players.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: But the great thing is Vinegar Syndram's customer service is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I emailed them on a Sunday and the next day they emailed me back like pretty early, saying replacement in the mail. Got to meet within two days after that and it all fine. Yeah, no problem.
Speaker 4: Death Rattle in the chat wants to know if you're on letterbox so they can follow up on these.
Speaker 3: I am what is my name? I just I don't pay attention to things like that. Who am I? I think it's just yeah, Carlon Cook same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that should be easy when it's on the screen. There you go, CARLN.
Speaker 2: Cook?
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, I can. I could rip through more of these. I gotta I gotta be careful with this one. Take off.
Speaker 2: Fragile, don'te that makes such over the nipples.
Speaker 3: So this is you and Celeste's fault because I was not buying adult titles until you guys had that episode where you're like, this is why it's worth buying these adult titles, and then I'm like, yeah, that sounds legit. So now I've been buying a lot of it, and take Off is a pretty good time. The story is very engaging. The acting is a lot of fun in it. You know, the sex scenes with a lot of these Golden Age films are just like a lot is the same, you know, like the same scene after the same scene after same scene. But as long as the acting is fun and the story is fun, like that's what matters to me most. So yeah, take Off, I recommend that one. It's good. Uh Mac and me. This was my first time seeing this movie, and I'm a passive person, but I wanted to punch these aliens. Yeah, that is a natural reaction to the macam terrible design. But the weird thing about it is like I did not like my experience watching this movie, but then when it was over, I was like, yeah, but there's something about it. It's calling me back a little bit, and I'm like, maybe I can give it another shot, and then I went through the special features and then I read the essays and then that just like made me actually kind of like it. So I am going to keep this and I I'll revisit. I'll revisit at some point.
Speaker 4: Kind of Liking it is better than loathing it, so that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the special features are great. Essays are great. A big fan of that stuff. Then I also did Jungari Monster from the Deep. It's okay. It has its own charm, you know, South Koreana and Kaiju film. It has its own charm here and there, but it's pretty slow. Kind of hope.
Speaker 2: Are you normally a big monster fan?
Speaker 3: Well, I will say that the last two years I really liked what they were putting out in July of Reptiloicus, and then a year before that, Gorgo Love Gorgo. Gorgo's wonderful, and then Reptilicus was a lot of fun. This is the weakest, so I think if they stick with this every July, unfortunately, I think it might be going down. Yeah, but you know, it's still fun to see it one time and then I can get rid of this. Special features are solid, so that's good.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the special poster thing they do in all of these is really cool.
Speaker 3: The X ray thing, Yeah, he dances though, and I was just like, I don't know about that. And then the card Player, which I had been forewarned by you. The Argento film, I mean, it's a very annoying film in the beginning. In the beginning, like probably at least the first half of it, I was very annoyed by the amount of video poker in it, the fact that you're watching someone play video poker and there's someone constantly screaming while you're trying to watch it, Like I was overstimulated. And then the score is horrendous for this film, like and then you're just like, oh, Claudio Seminetti did it from Goblin and you're just like how, And then you find out it's because, oh yep. And then then you find out it's because the lead actress was just like, hey, Claudio, you know what's like really hot right now, German techno, and he's just like, hey, I should try that, and he did. But the special Teachers are pretty solid, and I actually liked like the end of the film, probably the last like half hour or so, it was pretty fun as like a crappy film, so I think I'm gonna keep it. I feel bad.
Speaker 4: About that, but I the first time I saw The Card Player, I think my first thought similar to that when I found out Simon Eddy again. I was like, Wait, all these people that used to be incredible made this movie and they all just decided to be terrible together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all forgot how to do their craft right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what they were known for, what they were lauded for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yep. Well then I did the Gosser five Dead on the Crimson Canvas. I mean, I love this artwork. The artwork's a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for Giallo, which is why I got it. It's shot on video. For how low budget it is, there are some pretty impressive practical effects in it, I thought. And you know, there's the Giallo mystery in it, so I like it as a Giallo homage. There is a special feature on here called is it Giallo? And they say, have some dude say it is Giallo? And I disagree that it's not. I'm one of those people he warns about in the beginning of it. There are people who will tell you that it has to be Italian made to be Gialla and I'm like, yeah, yeah, that's what I think. So so this is not Giallo homage or parody kind of, but it didn't love it. Pacing was really bad. Special feature is quite good though, and then A New Leaf and this is extremely good.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, I was.
Speaker 3: I was kind of interested in it. It's it's like a screwball comedy from nineteen seventy one. I fell in love with this film from like the first fifteen minutes. It is so real well written, it is so witty, it's so well acted. It's phenomenal. And then all the special features, like Cinematograph has been doing such a good job, and I think a lot of people are sleeping on their stuff because it's not like the typical vinegar syndrome. But this is an unbelievable film if you like like kind of dark comedy type stuff, and Walter Mathout and Elaine May are phenomenal in it. The special features are unbelievable. They have five essays in this. I think that's the most essays I've had from one of their releases before, and their essays are always top notch. So this is an unbelievable release, and I think everyone should pick it up. It's so good.
Speaker 4: Matt dannelin May kind of always incredible, so I know I knew that was gonna be great.
Speaker 3: And then I'll just throw this as my last one. I've been liking some VHS hit fest nice. The Killing Tide is ridiculous. This is a shot on video action film. It's like action revenge and it is. It just goes hard like. The pacing is unbelievable. I've never seen a shot on video film that has pacing like this. It's just so much fun. There's so much action to it, really ridiculous characters. The dialogue is horrendous, but in a really fun way. That acting isn't good, but in a really fun way, like this is top notch garbage. Love this film, Killing Time, get it. It's price still available, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this reminds me, and this is not a This week watch. I was trying to track down the rights to see if I could work with somebody to put this out, but I cannot find the director, so I'm just gonna throw it out there to see if anybody else is gonna work on this. Similar to VHS hit Fest, go on YouTube and look up a full movie called The Skid Kid if I remember right, it is from like nineteen ninety and essentially.
Speaker 2: This is a I don't even know how to explain this.
Speaker 4: There is a kid that sits down on the street on nothing and drives and they film it in stop motion and it's fucking incredible. It is the most VHS Hit Fest title that I've not seen on VHS hit Fest. It is really funny. There's some really genuinely good comedy. I think it came out of Saint Louis, so kind of close to for me. Was really hoping I could find the owner and then go over there and try to interview a bunch of people. But it is a hell of a good time. Go everybody should go find the Skid Kid. While you're watching this, put in your watch later playlist. You'll love it. It is a blast.
Speaker 2: Sounds good recent watches.
Speaker 4: I'm going the exact opposite of you, because I watched just a ton of new stuff. This last weekend was a ridiculous five feature day, back to back in the theater for me and my wife, and it was very all over the place. The low's first because these are less fun to talk about. I don't know why, but I watched Bambi The Reckoning in a theater this weekend.
Speaker 2: Bad movie.
Speaker 4: First of all, the CGI is god awful, but I swear about like thirty five minutes of this movie where somebody asking where's your grandma or where's this person I left you in the room with because now they're missing it, now they're in danger. Watch Bamby the Reckoning. It is an absolute waste of time. It's not even fun kills. There's complete nonsensical everything. Why did we make that?
Speaker 2: Guys? Come on.
Speaker 4: Next one that's also bad. The Home starring Pete Davidson. Watched that this last weekend. It is essentially Pete Davidson is a I think he's meant to be like an older teenager, even though he's like thirty seven or however old he is. He's probably only like twenty six, but he's been aged like everything. He is somebody that got in trouble and now he has been sentenced to go work in this retirement home. And there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, as it always happens on these movies, and it's real bad for the entire thing. And then the last nine minutes are batshit amazing but the rest of it was such a slog it just completely soiled it. This might be the worst script I've seen in years, but at its heart, it feels like Society mixed with all of the worst movies you could ever imagine.
Speaker 3: Oh dang, the Society got me like.
Speaker 2: I love right right right?
Speaker 4: I love Society, one of my favorite movies of all time. But then there are the other three that I watched that day, and these are all pretty decent. Not like killer, amazing movies, but if you're gonna watch them, these are decent. The first one is oh Hi, which I think is going to go under a lot of radars this year. It is being advertised as a rom com that isn't necessarily a rom com. It basically turns into like a thriller after about twenty minutes into the film, and it's really good. There's some really great dialogue in this. The script is genuinely strong. It just doesn't go there where you think it probably should go a few times. It's a Sony Pictures Classics title, So it's one of those things that I feel like they could have gone a little further, and maybe like the pressure from all of this was just let's pull it back a little bit, which kind of I feel like it kneecaps a lot of those movies unfortunately too great.
Speaker 2: Usually the next one, this one is.
Speaker 4: A hell of a swing, and that is House on Eden, which is TikTok stars Selena and Chris Collins.
Speaker 2: This is a found footage film. Did you see this one?
Speaker 3: I think this one's coming to shutter, I believe so, yeah, yeah, it's it's not there yet. I haven't seen it yet, but I know I will be seeing it. That's all.
Speaker 4: So it's a found footage movie, and that if you're not in on found footage, you were gonna hate this movie because it leans heavily into found like it's it's kind of a little too shaky in some of the scenes. This is one of those things that I was more impressed that they made this movie than loved the movie. Chris Collins directed it, and there's literally only three people that are in most of the movie. There's like you're driving by somebody in like a couple scenes, or you see a couple of questions asked, but that it's literally less than like ninety seconds of other people. The movie's pretty good. The acting is pretty decent. The story is completely believe up until it isn't, which it's a fan footage ghost story movie basically, so of course, but this is the same sort of thing. For oh Hi, I feel like it was it could have been great, and then they really only went there in like the last eight minutes, which that part was genuinely good, but I don't know. For some reason, this one felt a little more promising because it was such an indie director and they were kind of just giving it. They're all on screen and behind the camera, which is nice, But then the last one. I'm not like huge on Marvel movies or anything like that, but saw the New Fantastic Four and I felt like this movie was aggressively fine. It was just doing everything it could to go right down the middle, give me a strike and honestly to be a Fantastic Four movie that was successful. That was all it had to do. It was the best Fantastic Four movie by a long shot. That's not hard at this point, but it wasn't a masterpiece or even it barely would get to like mid tier Marvel over the grand scheme of the rankings. For me, I also will say some egregiously terrible CGI.
Speaker 2: At the end of this movie, you're.
Speaker 4: Fucking Marvel and you can't get decent CGI to show a baby moving like that. That pissed me off beyond belief because it was it took you out of the entire movie.
Speaker 2: It was awful. But that's Marvel for you in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately, I'm actually I'm actually going through, sorry, actually going through and watching all the Marvel movies with my father.
Speaker 2: And how's that going? Watching them back into.
Speaker 3: Our next one is The Eternals, and I'm not excited. I'd seen it before and I just know I'm in for a bad time again.
Speaker 4: I mean, at least that one was a swing and different than everything else, but it still wasn't good. Yeah, you do some major incredible Haul videos.
Speaker 2: So let's hear your fantastic pickups this week.
Speaker 5: Okay, first of all, I got some movies from Diabolic DABD because it had been a little bit since I had ordered from them, and they had a pre order on Cafe Flesh uh, and I really wanted to get my hands on this because I found out about the original release of it, which I guess was like the special edition from your podcast.
Speaker 3: But I listened to it like a week late, and then it was gone, and so I was like, oh crap, because I wanted to check this out because isn't it the same person who did Doctor Caligari yep, and that is such a weird movie. But I enjoyed it how weird it was, so I just had the had to. So I got Cafe Flesh from them, and then I just picked up some other stuff because like I said before, I can't just buy one thing. I gotta make it worth my time. So I got It Follows, which I didn't believe this, Yeah, the second site release of it follows. Great film. I typically don't like like ghost ish films, Yeah, but this one speaks to me. It's very good. And then doubling up on the Michael Monroe, I got Long Legs because I love this film. It wasn't like my top one or two of last year, but it was my favorite of last year. Just love it so much. Like the atmosphere, it's so good. So also I OZ Perkins fan, so that's why I also doubled up on him and got The Black Coat's Daughter because this is my favorite film of his. I love it so much. Oh, yeah, and I was just like, I have to own it, like I at some point they need to own it. So and then I'm going to force my wife to watch this with me in October. So it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen. So then I also purchased okay, whoops, dropping stuff. Let me go through some of the other vinegar syndrome stuff I picked up. I got the Shanghai Triad.
Speaker 2: Oh nice. I wanted to see that one.
Speaker 3: Looks really good. Don't know much about it, but I just you know, it looked awesome. It's very highly rated from what I saw in letterbox, so I was like, yeah, I should get this because it was on sale. I'm like, let's do that VHS hitfest night. I heard this is like some like schlubby homely vampire dude in the city. It looks stupid, but my kind is stupid, so I'm very interested in that. Also got well, I got to look at this one. Is this all right? I think Traffic Desires are Traffic of Desire and Fantasy World the double pack, and then sorry, I kind of painted myself back into a corner here, all right, there we go, and then the last place I ordered from was is it Travis who owns Odyssey Movies. Yes, okay, sure, So I wanted to support him, and I saw I had some cool stuff on there, so I made a purchase from his site, osseymovies dot com. So I did did my first indicator, which body double.
Speaker 2: Want to get special features there.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it, been wanting to see it for quite some time, so I had to get it. Finally, the Lost Boys on four K because I don't have it, and I was like I should, and also coincidentally I got this, and then I booked. I got tickets to go to the Mahoning Drive in in Pennsylvania to see this a thirty five millimeter and a one hour concert from Tim Capello before the showing.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of saxophone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty excited. Well, he works with this this band I really like called Gunship, and he phenomenal work with that, so I'm hoping he does some of their stuff. So Lost Boys, and then the last two things I got were Terror Vision. Been really wanting pop Atopoulus because it just looks ridiculous and fun. And I have to say that, like Travis put on the site that like a note with this that is damaged and like I don't know, okay, I don't know if you'll be able to see it or not, but like that is the extent of the damage.
Speaker 2: That's probably it.
Speaker 3: That's like not damage really to me, Like, yeah, I've had vinegar syndrome stuff damage worse than that.
Speaker 4: But all I can say is, have you met anyone on the internet because they about that.
Speaker 2: I won't.
Speaker 3: And then the last thing I got was the Newly deads which I've been wanting to check out, so I have some spaces in what I want to pick up from terror Vision still, so this has helped out.
Speaker 4: So when you get to the pop a topless disc, please let me know what you think of our visual essay, because man, was it?
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, you have something on there. I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got wheeled and a wig on that disc.
Speaker 3: Oh okay perfect.
Speaker 4: I always try to like show people one of our more like fun side of things that we did, and I can't share that link because there's nudity in it and YouTube blocks it, so yeah, ruins everything. I have some off the wall picks that are not like normal stuff that I would show and I just kind of wanted to make it fun, different type of things. So I heard that Hamilton Book was going to be having a really great drop compared to normal this last time, and they did pretty good. There were some really great prices on stuff. But the biggest thing that kind of I don't know, excited me. I guess streaming only titles in the US that got Canadian releases. So I picked up a few of these on the extra cheap. This is a Fleabag the Complete Series on Blu Ray. This was I think either four ninety five or five ninety five brand new, sealed legit disc of Fleabag the Complete Series, like an Emmy winning great TV show for five or six dollars. I don't know how to argue with that. And then Netflix original titles from last year The Woman of the Hour, which I thought was pretty great last year. It was, and I haven't seen it yet, but may as well get a disc of it because I can't get in the US. Hit Man actually released in Canada. I supposedly decent. Have not seen it, but again, like I think those last two were four dollars five dollars, Wow, I mean.
Speaker 2: How do you say no to that?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah? Take the Chance exactly.
Speaker 4: Some off the wall other picks that I don't get to talk about enough, disco texts Neon Nights series, they've been doing some really great, you know, titles that I would normally have to put my finger over like you did, but they do.
Speaker 2: Some really creative editing.
Speaker 4: So this is their Terrifying Girls High School Animal Classmates. This just came out very clever editing on the cover there. I've been trying to get more of these because pretty much every title they've picked for this line has been really fun, and not all of them are adult risque pink like this. Some of them are just fun and silly titles looks. And then on the more pink and risque line, I have got this really bad feeling that some of the old Nikatsu titles that Synaps did through their Impulse line are probably never going to be released by anyone else because we just don't have good elements for them. And so I've been trying to pick up as much of these as I can when I could get them cheap and I found somebody on Facebook that would sell me. I think I got nine of these for ten dollars apiece shipped, and I mean that's pretty great. So I just shared a couple true story women in jail. Hell of Love is the first one here, and these are DVD only, and then I never see this for sale anymore. This is the Nakatsu Roman Porno trailer collection that Nikatsu did. I love trailer comps, and I've never seen a pink film trailer comps.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that existed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they did. And they're numbered on the side. I don't know what the highest number is, but they've got like sixty of them. They only did I think two of them in Blu Ray out of that entire line.
Speaker 2: The rest are DVD.
Speaker 4: We just don't have great elements for a lot of them, unfortunately. So yeah, other than that, your channel, we talked about Vinegar Center, we talked about Shutter. You do like trying snacks and stuff on your shorts, But you also have a podcast.
Speaker 2: Tell everybody about your podcast.
Speaker 3: So I quit my pot is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay? So I did for thirteen years. I did a craft beer podcast, and then I ended up quitting earlier this year because I just gave up drinking alcohol altogether for health reasons. Because GI issues basically, and it's just not worth it anymore. But good timing because the craft beer industry is skewing a bunch two non alcoholic beers now, and so I am doing a bunch of non alcoholic beer reviews that I'm putting on YouTube through shorts, And actually they've been gaining a decent amount of traction because there really aren't people reviewing those on there anymore right or at this point. But there's some phenomenal non alcoholic beer out there right now. The technology changed, so now it's good. It used to suck.
Speaker 4: I know this is not and I don't even drink, but I'm like fascinated with what is the what is the technology change?
Speaker 2: But we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I was going to go into it.
Speaker 2: Stuff on your channel. Anything coming up that you want to highlight.
Speaker 3: Well, I am trying to figure out so every year what I would do during October is that I would eat the new edition of the bean Boozled.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So I can't do that this year because I have braces now, So next year I should be fine, though, But I'm trying to figure out, like what else can I do? So I'm trying to figure out should I eat something else like gross or something I don't know. I thought about getting like food grade insects or something to try, you know, something like that, because it's spooky. I mean, I've added some food grade insects before, but yeah, I think people get grossed out by that stuff.
Speaker 2: Absolutely they do.
Speaker 3: But I don't have anything like super exciting coming up. Just I love doing like my Vinegar Syndrome haul videos or any other random ones that I end up doing. But I get very excited about actually recording the ranking and review videos that I do for those, because I think that's super fun. But at the end of the year, I will definitely do kind of a wrap up of like my top usually ten or fifteen new horror movies of the year, and then I'll do a video the same of my top Vinegar Syndrome releases, which I will tell you right now that a New Leaf is my number two so far this year from Vinegar Syndrome. You want to know what number one is.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think if I could guess based on what I've seen you like in the past, Just tell me what's number one.
Speaker 3: Let's scare Jessica to death. I love that fucking movie, and there were release the essays and the special features add so much extra context to it. It's an unbelievable release.
Speaker 4: I don't remember what you said about what did you think of the Dirty Work release?
Speaker 2: Are you into that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Comedy, I quite liked it.
Speaker 3: It was very good.
Speaker 4: It's less Yeah, I'm thrilled that they got into it, and I kind of think it's hilarious that so many people are like, oh, why is Vinegar Syndrome released in this It's it is so perfect, the amount of work that they went into to make that release incredible, Like that is exactly what Vinegar Syndrome has always been about.
Speaker 2: What the hell? Definitely all right? Uh, I think that's it. Ready to get into some announcements because.
Speaker 4: Man, you've got a crazy week. I didn't think it was gonna be that heavy, and Jesus you got some titles to cover.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just excited when we get to arrow because there are two films in particular that I'm pumped about.
Speaker 4: Well, they are the first up tonight and we get to cover the Sadness first. This is one that got announced previously that it was going to be coming through this partnership with Shutter and it is a UK only title. This is coming on October twentieth on four K. This is the standard cover art that you'll get everywhere, but if you want, you can order straight from the site and get this ridiculous Johnny Ryan cover art. And it's pretty funny cover art. But I like that it's on the opposite side of the sleeve so that nobody has to feel super left out.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know about you.
Speaker 3: I don't order direct from Arrow anymore at all, I do. I mean I haven't in probably about a year or so, but I.
Speaker 4: Would, so the sadness funny enough a Shutter original. We'll talk about that in just a minute. This one has a new audio commentary with the writer, director and the cinematographer on here, two different archival commentaries, five behind the scenes featurettes, some comparisons. A lot of this stuff is just archival from a couple of the other extras that have already come out previously. And then nice looking slip cover. There's a booklet in here with some older storyboard stuff and then some new writing by Michelle Kisner and then the gentleman in the chat right now, mister Josh Hurtado. That just corrected me that there are five synaps Nakatsu blu rays. Oh Josh, thanks for hanging out. Can't wait to read your essay in this the Sadness tell us about it.
Speaker 3: It's a gross out, intense, ridiculously violent film from Taiwan, I believe if I'm remembering correctly, Yeah, I remember quite enjoying it when it was when I saw the screener before it hit shutter and really telling people, Hey, if you're like gorehounds and you want some real gross out stuff that's just like over the top, think inspired by like a Takashi Mika type deal, this is your jam. Basically. I for me personally, I liked it. I don't find myself typically returning to those types of film for like rewatches, but say it's good. It's a good film, for sure.
Speaker 4: I love a movie that in the we'll say month after it releases, in reviews, you frequently hear the word skull fucking, and that is something that you hear about this movie.
Speaker 3: It happened, It happened.
Speaker 2: Good movie.
Speaker 4: It's very much like a send up of how multiple governments handled the pandemic it is.
Speaker 2: It's not even hiding that at all.
Speaker 4: I mean you can tell that that's the case like eight minutes into this movie.
Speaker 2: Well made movie. I think this was the director's first film. Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was. Yeah, he was like a like a US X pad or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Taiwan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he honestly crushed it for a first time director. Very well made. There are a couple scenes in this that you will likely never forget. I mean there's the scene on the train that is incredible, and then the basketball court scene is a big one for a lot of people. But yeah, I love that you say basketball court and something goes, oh yeah, fun movie.
Speaker 2: If you're not in the gore, you will hate this, so do not care.
Speaker 4: Next up from then, the classic return Living Dead is hitting four K and Blu ray in a deluxe edition on October thirteenth over in the UK only. Obviously, Screen Factory has the rights in the US, so it's not coming out here and it will not be able to come out here.
Speaker 2: This is a good looking release.
Speaker 4: A lot of this is on the previous release, but the big thing the second disc has the More Brains documentary, which is really really good. Makes this a pretty stacked release even that has bonus features, which is nice. But then the big question for everybody that is a purist about this, the Deadbeat Dance is still not on this release. Somehow Second Site in their Blu ray steal book that was released. Gosh, we got to be going on like ten years ago. Now they're the only ones that were able to crack being able to get that in the licensing, So not sure what happened there. Nobody else has been able to do it. They replace it with another song like Return the Living Dead.
Speaker 3: I really enjoy the film, and you know, maybe I need to get this because I just have like an old Blu ray. I forget who released the one that I have? Did shout? Did screen Factory do it?
Speaker 4: They did a blue Yeah, and there's a couple like the studio even did an old blue here I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's the screen Factory one I have, So I might have to I might have to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet this is gonna be a great release. The screen Factory four K looks good. This is likely the same scan, but it's arrow encoding, so it might even be slightly better, but it'll be at least as good as the screen factory for sure.
Speaker 3: This though, is that this is the one, This is the one.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited about the same one.
Speaker 4: October twenty seventh in the UK, October twenty eighth in the US on four K and Blu Ray. Miss forty five able from nineteen eighty one. Incredible rape revenge movie that is just a masterpiece that used to be on Blu Ray here in the US from draft House has been out of print.
Speaker 2: For ages for a long time. It was fetching like eighty dollars on eBay. I hope you didn't.
Speaker 4: Pay that, because this is a glorious release that will absolutely blow it out of the water this release. New commentary by of course Alexander Helder Nicholas. She literally wrote the book. She had to be on the commentary. I'm glad she's on here. New feature ratte with bj Clangelow, who is incredible. Great choice for this new featurete with Kat Ellinger who will do great. A bunch of archival interviews. Also, short film directed by Paul Rockman. A short film directed by Paul Rockman from both two thousand and four and twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Just great.
Speaker 4: The fact that they got these, we got a sixty page perfect bound book with new writing by a bunch of people, including Kayla Janie and Brad Stevens, who are on here with archival writing this movie.
Speaker 2: Tell us about it and why you're excited.
Speaker 3: It's a wild ass film.
Speaker 2: Like I was.
Speaker 3: I do typically in October, like whole day long watch parties, yeah for you know, my channel, just whoever wants to join. And one year I had everyone pick a movie and someone picked Miss forty five, which I had not seen before, and I was just floored watching this movie. It's one of those, you know, assault revenge films, and I'm typically not huge into those, but the way this is shot, it's so interesting. The character is so interesting because she's like mute is one of the things about it. It gets really wild, and the revenge is very satisfying in it, and it's just it's so interesting. And there's like a like a trumpet saxophone in it, which doesn't make any sense to me. I remember watching that and just commenting on it while we're watching it. I'm just like, why why does that trumpet sound like a saxophone? Like It's weird, But it's got a great finish to really good movie really good and I've been wanting a new release of this for well ever since I saw it some years ago, so I got super excited when I saw this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is very good.
Speaker 4: One thing I did want to highlight, which I didn't mention at first, but I have to point this out. One of the best in the game, Sister Hide the artwork for this, which could have just been the original poster and all of us would have been happy. But the way this is a perfect homage of that poster and the character. This is a master work, and this is one I would likely hang the poster for this in the room. It's incredible, absolutely killer choice. Yeah, no notes this is this is pretty much a perfect choice for a release for Arrow.
Speaker 2: Stoked on this, So next up from them.
Speaker 4: We just talked about this recently and everybody knows it, so we won't spend a ton of time on it. But on October twenty seventh in the UK October twenty eighth in the US, they're doing a steel book version of their Trigger Treat four K released from two thousand and seven, the Michael Doherty Anthology. It's a great movie, most of us love it. That being said, they're clearly just out to make a lot of money with this, and granted you'll be able to put out five other movies that will surprise us, So I'm glad you're gonna make your bank.
Speaker 2: This has nothing in it that will interest me. I don't need to steal a book for this movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually bought the four K very recently to upgrade because I had it on DVD, and then I upgraded to blue, and then I upgraded again to four K because I watch it every year. It's one of my favorite Halloween films. But yeah, I just yeah, And for people who don't know, they're actually going to be putting out a new a new comic follow up, I got in on the Kickstarter for that, so nice should be. I hope the stories are good.
Speaker 4: And then the quote sequel, I guess has been in development hell for like forever eleven years literally, Yeah, like they came out I can't remember. I think it was at a convention or like a weekend event or something like that. They came out and said we're announcing Trigger Tree two and they've never nothing has happened from that since then. Yeah, next up, though, I will take full credit for this because clearly they put this together this quickly. October twentieth UK October twenty first, here in North America, we're getting a Blu ray of three and three Extremes. If you watched my this episode with Andy a couple of weeks ago, we.
Speaker 2: Or was that last week. Time is not a real thing anymore.
Speaker 4: I begged for a Blu ray release of three Extremes and literally immediately got it answered.
Speaker 2: Very very happy that this is coming out.
Speaker 4: Not to mention the fact that they also have three as part of this, I did not think they would because three Extremes is the big draw for most people. Very stoked on this. Even though it does not have the full length release of Dumplings, we don't need it necessarily, like it would have been a nice icing on the cake sort of situation. But new two K restoration of both movies by Arrow just incredible. We are getting new interviews on pretty much every single thing that we're getting in this. We're getting commentaries, we're getting older interviews that are newly edited. This is a really great package of just some really fun anthology movies.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Three Extremes?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I own it. Actually, I've actually been doing a series of short videos on my YouTube channel that are just for the people at the highest level of membership, the possession level of hidden gems in my collection. And Three Extremes was one that I did. It's very good. All the shorts are really well done. My favorite is cut the one by Well I say, Chamwiok Park. I know everyone says Park Chamwook. I think that sounds better is Chamwick Park? So yeah, phenomenal, big fan of that director anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a knockout anybody that's been, you know, crying for this release for years. This is exactly what we could have wanted for anybody who's never seen it. I'll bring it up again. Three Extremes specifically, I think is the better of these two. But it's three shorts. They're not as short as like most other anthologies that people refer to when they talk about anthologies, but they're twenty five ish minutes long, all three of them, all done by masterworks of the genre. They're incredible. They're as usual in an anthology. They're not all of the highest quality, but they're all at least very very good, which is pretty rare with an anthology. And yeah, Three Extremes is pretty much a must if you like jahor in any sense of the word, if you like anthologies.
Speaker 2: This is a must.
Speaker 3: Own, very good.
Speaker 2: I'm so stoked for this one.
Speaker 4: I'm less stoked for October sixth in the UK, October fifth in North America.
Speaker 2: They tease this earlier this year.
Speaker 4: We are getting a four K or a Blu ray release of Spawn from ninety seven. This if you love the movie. This is a pretty good solid release of this. We got four K disc. We'll have the director's cut. You got a new commentary with Dave Baxter, who is a podcast host and comic book expert. You've got a new interview with Michael J.
Speaker 2: White.
Speaker 4: You've got a new interview with Melinda Clark and d B. Sweeney, new interview with the special effects artist Howard Berger and Greg Nacato, new interview with the music supervisor Happy Walters.
Speaker 2: There's even more.
Speaker 4: Plus they got archival featurettes on here, and then there's a second four K disc of the theatrical cut, And the fact that you're getting both on their own disc is just really telling of the quality that they're putting into this. This is going to be a really solid release for them. Are you a spawn fan Carling.
Speaker 3: I do like this movie and like one of the best soundtracks out there. Honestly, if you have if you haven't heard the music from the sound it's pretty good soundtrack for it, very very good. I like the film. Yeah, it's not great. I love how stupid John Legozama's performances and it's like so over the top and ridiculous, like he was feeling on himself when he was making this movie. But it's my kind of stupid. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, we got the comment here isn't spawned that movie with a really bad cgikpe. Yeah, the CGI in this movie is really terrible, and honestly, I am kind of worried about what the four K is gonna make the CGI look like, because there's no way in hell they went back to rerender all of it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, who bully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one that I wouldn't mind rewatching, but this is not one that I'm gonna pue. And then for many people, this was maybe the biggest title of this month. October twenty seventh of the UK. October twenty eighth in North America, A four K only released no blu ray disc of John Carpenter's in the Mouth of Madness.
Speaker 2: Amazing movie. This is not one that.
Speaker 4: Gets enough attention ever, and it's because it's Carpenter. If this was almost any other director, this would be their best movie.
Speaker 2: It is. It is that good.
Speaker 4: Sammy is incredible in this movie. Some of the effects and what they do with the setting of this movie are surreal in the best of ways. This is just really great lovecraft. As far as extras, we got a new commentary by Rebecca mckendrey and Elrick Kine, who you've heard on podcast for years if you're a horror fan. Newly filmed interview with Sandy King Carpenter, which is really great, a new interview with Jurgen prac Now, and then all kinds of archival extras. But then new writing by Guy Adams, Richard Cadre, George Daniel, Lee, Willow, Caitlin Maclay, Alexander West and again in the chat mister Josh Hurtado.
Speaker 2: This is a masterpiece. And look at that. We got a cat.
Speaker 3: This is Willow. This is the older one. I thought she wouldn't show up, but she's also a lab pound.
Speaker 2: She loves laps, had to make an appearance.
Speaker 3: Nice she's a gorgeous girl. She also has very stubby limbs.
Speaker 2: So in the mouth of madness, how are you feeling about this one?
Speaker 3: I really enjoy this film. I think this film is great, Sam Neil, like you said, is phenomenal, and it's it's a very effective horror film, but it's also really fun at the same time, like getting all the pieces of the Sutter Kane story that end up manifesting in this town. It's a great ride. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so much about this movie that makes it unique and special, and if you've never seen it, please please make an effort to even if you're like not a fan of usual Carpenter things he has done, Just like Aaron is saying the chat, He's done so many off the wall different genres mixed in with things. I mean, Assault on Precinct thirteen is a Western basically, but this is an absolute masterpiece in his filmography. I think it's it's pretty perfect. It's just it's Carpenter, and if it wasn't him, this would be looked at as an all time classic, and I think it is. You had a question from Ronnie. Is Willow named after Willow from Buffy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Actually I still actually haven't even seen Buffy. But she we actually named her Willow because she actually went through a lot before we got her, and willow trees, there's this whole thing about bending but not breaking type thing, So it was this poetic thing about all the stuff she's been through. She had a lot of health issues, her previous owner passed away, she was separated from her brother. Like, yeah, she had a hard time, but she's been doing great now.
Speaker 2: Well, and she's older, so must be good on well she's six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, go into our next one, which again crazy that you got this line up this week because we got a lot of fun stuff to cover. The next Mondo Micabro pre order session is going to be Thursday, next Thursday, August seventh, at nine am Pacific noon Eastern. All three of these are coming on Blu Ray, and they are going to be limited lower than usual. Again, not inducing fomo in anyway. If you don't like these titles, don't buy him, nothing like that. But if you're in one of those people that's like, I'll get Monta Micabro soon. They are limiting all three of these to only a thousand. They just didn't think that they would sell super well, so they're limiting to less than they normally do because it's kind of a low key drop. But if you're into their sort of genre fair that they do at Mondta Micabro, these all sound incredible to me, so you may want to pay attention if you're normally into that. So this first one is The Power of Darkness from nineteen seventy six. This one is the first English friendly release of this title, and they say this is a must watch for adventurous film watchers. Brand new two K restoration or sorry it doesn't say brand new, I'm assuming it's fairly new two K restoration from the original nag. On this one there is the Spanish language track with newly translated optional English subtitles. I believe they corrected this later to say the dubbs here.
Speaker 2: Don't quote me on that one.
Speaker 4: I will have to check my notes, and they added it after I posted these. There is a short video that's just teaching you about the film. And then in the extras they got a twenty four page booklet on the history of Argentinian genre films, which to me, like that sounds like a musk read sort of thing. Monta Acabra. Have you other than what you just showed in the pickups? Have you checked out much from them in the past?
Speaker 3: Not a lot. I did purchase Bahachi Bushido, which I have not watched. Amazing movie, and there was something else I had gotten from them, and I can't remember what it was. Oh, In the Folds of the Flesh, which is a really wild Giallo film. I'm big into Giallo, by the way. I have a ton of Giallo reviews and giallo esque reviews on my channel. I went through a stint of like two years where I was watching and in depth reviewing tons of those films. But In the Folds of the Flesh is one of the wildest endings to like a Giallo film. I've seen so but this one. I'd not familiar with this film, but it sounds kind of interesting thing. And when you say Argentinian, I haven't seen a lot of Argentinian film. I just think Damien Rubna is pretty much all I think of at this point. So yeah, I'm adventurous. Maybe I need to get it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, this is one that's a must for me for sure, especially I really want to read that essay. Next up, Forbidden Game of Love from nineteen seventy five. This one says again the first English friendly release of this film. It is fully uncut and restored from the original negative. Here this is a new four K restoration from the negative. The Angel Sala, who is the Citrus Film Festival director. There is a piece on here by Angel who's doing a piece on the director. Alloyd Dela Galicia Dala Glacia has got releases from Severn and I think one of the Vinegar Syndrome partner labels in the last couple of years. A lot of stuff sort of getting rediscovered in this filmography and so so what I've seen from this director, I've truly enjoyed again twenty four page booklet and Ismaeil Fernandez is the one that's writing in this one. And to me, yeah, this is like the perfect sort of Mono Macabro type of releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not familiar with this one.
Speaker 2: Same Josh says.
Speaker 4: The thing I love about Mona Micabro is that about ninety percent of their releases are films I've never seen or heard of. And I feel the same way about Deaf Crocodile. Both of those groups are the curation is off the wall, just perfect for my taste and discovery because again, like you know, we were talking about vinegar syndrome earlier, a lot of stuff that VS is sort of leaning heavily on now I've seen at some point I'd much rather be be, you know, uncovering gems like this that I never heard of.
Speaker 2: And then we got a question.
Speaker 4: Silent Manawal says, Ryan, you said these are only limited to a thousand. Yes, but they will likely still get a standard later, so don't don't feel pressured to buy the limited necessarily. I just if you're one that is going to get the limited, you might want to get it earlier than later, and it will still like the If you're going to buy all three, they do a bundle discount and you get I think a couple bucks off of the price and a couple bucks off of shipping.
Speaker 2: So if you really want all three, it is kind of a good way to get all of them.
Speaker 4: And then Reservoir says I blind by every Mondo Macabro title.
Speaker 2: They've earned it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I honestly say, exactly the same. And their last one, which is one that I may be the most excited about, this is called I Hate My Body from nineteen seventy four, and this is sort of continuing their gender questioning releases that they've been putting out recently, and I just wanted to read this one because it sounds so interesting. Lectrois businessman Ernest and Peter go out for an evening of fund with two girls from work. There's a lot of drinking and dancing and more than a little suggestion of frolics to follow, particularly when Ernest has the idea that they swap partners. The two men set off in their cars, but their rest active dates. Ernest, in no fit state to be behind the wheel, roars with laughter as they speed off into the dark night. Momentarily distracted as he glances at his attractive passenger, he loses control of the car. They crash into the side of a bridge and the vehicle burst into flames. The bodies are rushed to the nearest hospital, where both Ernest and his passenger are certified dead on arrival. However, the hospital surgeon, doctor Adolph Berger, a former medic in a Nazi death camp, discovers that Ernest's brain is still intact. Encouraged by his female assistant, Lydia Berger, decides to try out his long cherished experiment transplanting a brain from one body to another. However, the only body available is that of a young woman, Leida Schmidt, also technically dead in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Morgue.
Speaker 4: Casting aside all scruples, Berger begins the operation. This outrageous film, which now has much contemporary relevance, was directed by horror specialist Leon Klimowsky, the man behind Paul Nashy's Werewolf and the Vampire Woman and numerous other Spanish Fanca TAYR classics. Immediately on that last part, I am super in brand new four K restoration from the OCN. This is the one where they got the dubs, so not that earlier. One choice of the English dub or the original Spanish with optional English subtitles. We got an interview with the actor Manuel de Place. We got an interview with Spanish film expert Angel Sala again about the film itself, and then an audio commentary by Rod Barnett and Troy Gwyn of the nash cast. And then another twenty four page booklet by Ishmael Fernandez. Yeah, this sounds really interesting.
Speaker 3: It sounds wild, and I'm gonna bat make it a prediction that the first thing this dude does when he wakes up in a woman's body is played with his new titties.
Speaker 2: It would not surprise me in the leg It.
Speaker 3: Has to like, I feel like that's what they would do.
Speaker 4: Siboner is saying Adolf Berger was the rejected McDonald's character back in the seventies. I heard that was the fifties. But anyways, let's keep going. So yeah, that's Monta macab next Thursday, nine am Pacific twelve Eastern in the morning. Check that out if you are into Monto Macabre. Limited to one thousand for all three Imprint last week during this show, they don't give me any rest. Of course, brand new releases for their Imprint Asia line September twenty fourth. All of these are coming on Blu Ray out of Australia and they're probably can be a little expensive.
Speaker 2: The first one is.
Speaker 4: Father Knows Best, a trilogy directed by the one and only Ang Lee. This includes Pushing Hands from nineteen ninety one, The Wedding Banquet from nineteen ninety three, and Eat Drink Man Woman from nineteen ninety four. There are new interviews on here. There is some archival extras. There is kind of a lot on these three films, and if you are into ang Lee, this looks like a pretty great release. Very very happy to see that they're doing something as exhaustive as this. Looks like a really fun, fun title.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I don't know anything about these films.
Speaker 4: I don't either, but Angley is really great and I definitely want to see these Agreed.
Speaker 3: Agreed.
Speaker 4: Brian says, Pushing Hands is very worth watching. Nice, the original wedding Banquet is great. Haven't seen the other two? An Angley box set, says Craig, Yeah, check it out, Craig, U, Let's go to our next one. This is the Autumns Sorry and Autumns Tale from nineteen eighty seven. This is Imprint Asia number twenty nine. This is limited to fifteen hundred copies. This has a new audio commentary by Walt Cha who is on all of the Deaf Crocodile releases writing in their booklets.
Speaker 2: Great writer, great critic.
Speaker 4: Gonna be an incredible, incredible commentary, guaranteed a couple interviews on here. But not a title that I have seen before, although I think this was released by eighty eight Films if I'm remembering right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't seen this either, but that that dude looks very awkward standing the way he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: An Autumn's Tale was released by them over in the UK. Yeah, last last July.
Speaker 3: Funny enough, the not the greatest cover art but no, but that's probably the original poster.
Speaker 4: Sadly going to the last one from them. This is nineteen ninety four's picture Bride. This is the first time this has been on Blu Ray anywhere in the world. This is it was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award and this has the big draw for this one. Tashiro Mafune in his final film role in nineteen ninety four. That is pretty damn rad. We got a new visual essay on this by Walt Shaw, so he's on two of this month's releases. A new interview with the professor Disa Kmao, and then there is some archival extras on here, including an audio commentary from the from the director.
Speaker 2: Yeah to shear Muffune, you into Muffune at all.
Speaker 3: Not familiar whatsoever, but this artwork looks better.
Speaker 2: Kurisawa's right hand man and.
Speaker 3: Most of his folks okay, perfect.
Speaker 4: Let's keep going, man. Maybe one of the most controversial announcements of the week, except I've posted about a nightmare on Elm Street, so probably not.
Speaker 2: But uh.
Speaker 4: September twenty third US release from Decal of Watch the Skies from twenty twenty two. Now why is this controversial? So listen to this second paragraph. Watch the Skies is the world's first theatrical full length feature to use AI for immersive dubbing, making the characters appear to be speaking English even though the original film was shot in Swedish. This pioneering approach, made by AI company Flawless, seamlessly integrates the voices of the dubbing actors, so it's not using somebody else's voices, it's their own voices into the film, ensuring perfect lip sync and eliminating the need for subtitles altogether. Note one, I want subtitles? Why are we eliminating those? Those are a good thing, not a bad thing. The film is dubbed by the original Swedish cast speaking English, with full endorsement from SAG That's Note two. This is a problem. No thank you, Flawless is leading the charge in this is Note three? How is this a sentence? Ethical AI filmmaking? Pushing boundaries and creating a new era of cinematic storytelling. This is one that I posted the trailer for this, and I want everybody to open the trailer if you can here. I'll even post the link in the chat. Open this in a new tab, just so you can get pissed off with me after the show. This is a wild trailer. So they are saying they didn't use the word flawsley, what does it say ensuring perfect lip sync?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: That might be true, but the crazy thing you watch this trailer, some of their lips look like they're from a.
Speaker 2: Looney Tunes cartoon.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 2: This does not look good to me. This is a hard no.
Speaker 4: I'm also pissed because they did not give any details on if it includes the original version. It's like they only listed, Hey, we are dubbing this with our own voices. Be proud of us. This is a crazy thing to do, especially because this got a short festival run in the original Swedish in the US already. Why are we going through the trouble of doing this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. It's one of those things where it's like we can do it, so we're gonna do it. Didn't think whether it was a good idea or not. And I mean that's just AI in general, I think.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there there is so much problematic in this announcement. For me, I agree with Colton here. Don't get rid of subtitles. There are many of us that are not even necessarily hard of hearing itself.
Speaker 2: But many of us are, first of all.
Speaker 4: But second, there are a lot of us that just can't capture it all by listening and watching the visuals at the same time. And so we want a way to back up the dialogue in case you miss a part of a line. And this is just a bad idea through and through. I don't know if this is just an I don't know, like a try to grab the dumb American audience essentially of hey, we don't go to foreign films, Well you don't have to.
Speaker 2: This is in English.
Speaker 4: If that's the case, Like just overall, boo, this is a bad, bad move.
Speaker 3: Not into it. I will I'm not gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: And that's the shitty part. I've heard. This is really good.
Speaker 4: Even Josh just said he saw it on the festival circuit and it was good in the original Swedish.
Speaker 2: And we just don't need.
Speaker 3: This, So will it be available in Swedish anywhere in the US. Will you be able to stream it somewhere?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure. They've not announced if the original will be available. The worst thing is this is available in the original Swedish overseas without English subtitles, So if you want the original and they don't do it here, you're probably fucked. Yeah, yeah, and that sucks. Carrying on, we are getting a release soon from a Bushel Productions, which is just the production company of the director for this. This is Cheech and Chong's last movie from twenty twenty four. I am shocked that this is getting not only a four K release, but a four K steel book and we're rolling it out for those that don't know, this is a documentary of sorts, just about the Cheech and Chong story that they made just in the last few years. Did not get a huge rollout. I think most people, even the ones that love Cheech and Chong, did not get a chance to see this yet. So here we are. Were you ever a bit Cheech and Shaw guy?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen a single movie. I mean, I could enjoy it potentially, but I don't know. It's It's never really appealed to me that much. It seems a little too dumb for what I'm into. I don't know.
Speaker 4: On top of the appealing there we were just talking about a the art on this is very clearly really bad AI pretty much across the board, on the front and the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is also not for me, not a fan.
Speaker 4: Back to back November third, over in the UK, they are putting out a four K steel book of the Bride of Frankenstein. They shouldn't be surprising. They at universalos milk to these for the last almost one hundred years and they will continue to forever. But to me, this might be the worst art I've seen for a Universal Monsters release ever. I'm sure some people like this, but to me, this is just the laziest, laziest cover art to just slap her on there and take out all of the heart and soul of this Universal Monsters.
Speaker 2: Ye are you into those?
Speaker 3: I actually have not seen any of them. I have the whole box set, the Blu ray box set, and I keep meaning to watch through them like some October or something, and I just haven't gotten there. There's just too many movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is unfortunately the truth. I love this comment from Chris, so I wanted to point this out. I didn't see this wording on the last announcement. It said includes never before seen features on a streaming movie's physical media release. So yeah, of course nobody has seen them. It's a brand new film and this is the first release that isn't on a shitty streaming service. Oh man, that's funny, And of course I have to do that at least once a week.
Speaker 2: Next up.
Speaker 4: I believe this was announced tech comicm this last weekend, September twenty third. We are getting a four K blu ray and DVD release here in the US from Warner Brothers of as Tech Batman Clash of Empires from just this year. Now, to me, this sounds really cool, and I really like this cover art. I gotta admit I watched the trailer and I'm not stoked on the animation style on it, but I do kind of want to support this. DC is usually really great with animated stuff that they're doing. This says it's the bold reimagining of the Batman legend unfolds within the vibrant and fierce culture of the sixteenth century Meso America. In the time of the Aztec Empire. Tragedy strikes Yohuali Codal, a young Aztec boy, when his father is murdered by Spanish conquistadors. To Warren King Maktazumana's high priest Yoka of imminent danger, Johuali escapes to I'm not gonna say this word, right, Tanatchien. That's probably completely wrong there. He trains at the temple of the bat god Zenekian. That's also wrong, with his developing equipment and weaponry to confront the Spanish invasion and avenge his father's death. Along the way, he encounters key figures like the fierce Jaguar woman and the enchanting forest Ivy.
Speaker 2: I like this idea overall.
Speaker 4: There's some behind the scenes stuff on here, some interviews with some of the screenwriters and stuff. Yeah, DC Animation, Are you into any of that stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that word may have been tenactitlan.
Speaker 2: Most likely potent. Yeah, but I do like.
Speaker 3: Some animated stuff here and there. The as tech aspect of it sounds very interesting to me. As far as the animation style thing goes. I was not a fan of the animation style of Predator Killer of Killers. But I ended up really liking that film, Like I just got used to it after a certain amount of time, So don't let it hold you back.
Speaker 4: The big thing I want to point out here I love that DC did this because what they are burying the lead with here is they went and hired all Mexican animators to make some thing for Mexican animation. I believe this is the entire studio that did this is all for Mexico. Love that they did this, Love that they did something so unique and used styles in a way that was just really great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I am super curious to check this out, but I will wait for reviews for sure. I don't post a lot of the music ones, but this one was so damn personal to me I had to. September twelfth, We're getting a blu ray here in the US from Warner Music of Tom Petty, Somewhere You Feel Free The Making of Wildflowers from twenty twenty one. This is so cool because in early twenty twenty a collection of sixteen millimeter film was discovered in Petty's archive, including never before seen footage capturing during the making of Wildflowers. I was huge, huge into Tom Petty growing up. He was the first person I ever saw on concert when I was like three years old. I have pretty much everything Tom Petty I could love. And this is just so rad that we're getting something like this. Yeah, we'll be checking this out.
Speaker 2: This poster is hilarious.
Speaker 4: In October, we are getting a Blu Ray release in the US from Keno and Dark Force joining forces on this one of the X from nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 4: Directed by Mark Lester, who did Class of nineteen eighty four and Firestarter Commando Showdown a Little Tokyo. They make sure that they highlight that the art is not final here, but this is the theatrical poster, which if that is telling you of the quality of this movie, there you go.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of the CGI in Wish Master, which I love wish Master, but that part where like I think it's Kane Hodter's character like flies apart, like it looks like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like that scene. I remember Ronnie saying, I hope you'll consider posting more music Blu Ray news. I do for at least when it's visual. The hard part is a lot of these classic albums are getting Blu ray releases right now to get the highest fidelity of audio, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'll do my best, Runnie, I promise.
Speaker 4: We talked about this show fairly recently when the first one got announced, so we won't go too deep into this, but September one, Old Gold Media over in the UK is releasing the Sweeney series two. Are you Are you super into like British shows?
Speaker 3: I used to watch a bunch with my parents when I was younger, and my mom is like all about britt Box and a Quorn TV and stuff like that, so this is probably something she would be interested in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just I think that it's incredible that they're genuinely restoring all of these episodes.
Speaker 2: That is really cool.
Speaker 4: I mean this is yeah, this is from nineteen seventy five, so a fifty year old show that doesn't have like any pop culture relevance right now unless you're from that generation. It's really cool that they're willing to go back there and do that. There is all kinds of extras on here, interviews, introductions, commentaries, but solid looking set.
Speaker 2: If you're into British TV, I.
Speaker 3: Am going to take a bathroom break. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Please do. I'll know you got it. I'm gonna keep going with a couple of these. September twenty ninth, we are getting a four K only release in the UK from screen Bound Pictures of the Return of Swamp Thing from nineteen eighty six. This is a decent looking release compared to the US release. There is only archival stuff on here, but they do have some like paper extras if you're into those things. But the big thing here this is Heather Locklear. What is this like? Airbrushed abomination on the right in this picture art for some of these releases this week is just pure terrible, not my thing movie, but good lord, these are not great. Next up in twenty twenty six, Keno is releasing a four K of Hang Them High. This is the Eastwood film from nineteen sixty eight. Previously, this was a Shout select title. So kind of interesting that Keino pulled this one out. I don't think that Shout was ever going to renew this. I have a feeling it probably didn't sell that well for them because it was a very out of nowhere. I'm sure this will look great. Keino is kind of grabbing all of the Eastwoods that they could, and uh yeah, I'm sure this will be great and we'll find out more about this soon when we get some details. We did get art on this, and of course it happened about a day and a half after I posted this, so this is just the original poster art, but the new art is up on the fun City site, so you can go check that out now. We are getting a blu ray soon from Fun City of Goodbye Columbus from nineteen sixty nine. This slip cover is going to be exclusive to the fund City website and a diabolic DVD. As usual, this is going to have some special features on here. We got a new video interview with the composer Charles Fox, new audio commentary by friend of the channel Bill Ackerman, booklet with new essay by Jim Healy, and then they're going to be creating some new extras that will be on here. We don't even know a release date yet, This will be coming soon. Fund City is kind of just quietly killing it. Definitely gonna have Jonathan from Fun City on again here soon and we'll be asking about this and the fabulous stains, which we'll hear more about here soon. Are you into fun City Editions at all, Carlin, I.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen anything from them.
Speaker 4: They got some good titles. Definitely recommend checking them out. Weber is asking when is the announced Fun City release of Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Staints coming. It has been sort of delayed that they had some work coming on it, but we never got an announcement date on it yet.
Speaker 2: So it is coming, we just don't don't know exactly when.
Speaker 4: September one, We're getting a four K release over in the UK of The Alto Knights from this year. This is starring Robert de Niro and Robert de Niro, one of multiple films this year with an actor playing multiple roles. I've heard this is terrible. I will not be buying this, but I know Craig has probably seen this or we'll be seeing it. Did you see the Auto Knights this year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: And the artwork looks not great. And I don't know, like, is DeNiro doing good stuff now?
Speaker 2: I mean he did with Killers of the Flower Moon at least.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that, but I heard great things.
Speaker 2: It's a great movie.
Speaker 4: I think that one's even sort of slept on for his Corsese movie. Craig says he needs this. Oh man, we got jokes. I prefer soprano Knights, and then I prefer Shanghai.
Speaker 2: Aaron and Adam. That was pretty good.
Speaker 4: Next up the Tom Savini Notither Living Dead, which we covered on here a couple of weeks ago. Just wanted to point out that this is getting a release in the UK, just like I speculated. This will be coming on September twenty second, which means the US release will be coming the following day, September twenty third, which is ending up being a very busy day for releases in the US. If you are into horror, September and October are going to be a troublesome time for you and your bank account.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And even though this is getting a nice look and release and it is a good movie, I bet Tom Savini is still salty.
Speaker 4: Probably even though he got his exact cut on here, which is crazy. It's just Sevinien and he's always salty.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: By the way, this was approved for the uncut release over in the UK, so all of the release details will be the same for here in the US and the UK, so you don't have to worry about that. I know a lot of people are worried about getting this release because it's sold very quickly on Amazon. If you see a store selling the u K release.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing. Just picked up. Man, this is so cool.
Speaker 4: So October fourteenth, cult EPEX putting out School in the Crosshairs from nineteen eighty one. This is the Nobahiko Obayashi film that is just sort of beautiful. This is the same director of house and if you've never seen this, which this was released by Third Window Films over in the UK a few years ago in a box set of all of the Katakawa films. This is a really hard to describe film and that's why the art looks like this, because it is sort of bonkers all across the film. This is a two K restoration of the movie. We got a new audio commentary by Max Robinson, new visual essay on here by Philip Jeffries that I produce. I think the visual essay on this is incredible for those that have never heard any of Philip Jeffries' visual essays. He did a really great one on the Guadaninho Suspirior release from Imprint from God, I don't know it was that last year. The before and now I don't remember, but Philip loves music, and he loves speaking about history of music primarily, and so hearing about how the nineteen eighties, like the rise of synth wave music and actual technology behind synthesizers affected everything in the world. It's an incredible essay. I really hope people appreciate it. I think it's amazing. And then another friend, Sam, who was on the show just a couple months ago, did the artwork for this and the rest of the Obiyashi titles.
Speaker 2: I hope you check it out. This is fantastic.
Speaker 4: And also there is a twenty four page reproduction of the original Japanese booklet that was put out for this movie in this release.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is incredible. Yeah, anything you want to say about this one.
Speaker 3: When you said, the same guy who did House, I love how ridiculous House is. And once you said that, then the cover art made made sense, right, I was just like, this looks wid And then I'm just like, oh, the same dude who did House. Okay, makes sense.
Speaker 4: Well, And not only that, there are things in this that are like legitimately a send up of some of the things in the House where he's like, it's almost like an in Easter Eggue sort of situation where he's doing it for his own movie.
Speaker 2: I think people will truly appreciate this.
Speaker 4: There are like great Japanese pop stars in this that really really great singers, and there's a lot of music. Music is a big part of these part of this. And then there is an upcoming release of Too Old to Die Young that Philip Jeffries did another piece on that.
Speaker 2: I hope you can check it out.
Speaker 4: And then kind of on my selfish side, I just want to point out PHILP. Jefferies has taken a wild swing for me. He is writing a piece on American fascism for my magazine, The Physical Media Advocate, which will be coming out the next few months, and it's gonna rock your world because we've talked about what it's gonna include, and it's it's gonna go there.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not topical at all.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: I thankfully there's nothing happening that that will be looked at as inflammatory or anything.
Speaker 2: So that's great.
Speaker 3: I will say a little interesting fact about me, I like jpop music makes me the favorite artists Little Glee Monsters, pretty good, Bump of Chicken, Lisa, great of chicken yeah bump, yeah yo yo. Soob's good. There's a lot of good ones.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to the next one, which is, of course a paramount rehashing of a title October seventh, We're getting a four K steal book of the masterpiece Clue. Now, this might be a little weird because Shout Factory already released a four K of Clue, and this will probably be the exact same disc essentially. They might they might even bungle the encoding because this paramount and they do that sometimes.
Speaker 2: But I love this. I gotta be honest. I think this is a masterpiece.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I hope people check this out if you've never seen it, because it is still very very good with an immaculate cast.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Clue?
Speaker 3: I love it. It's a phenomenal film. I love like the multiple endings thing they do in it, and just the whole cast works together so well in the film. The story is so well put together for being based off a board game.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And just like Tim Curry in it, like how that scene where he's just like running all over the place and saying like and then this happened, and this happened it's phenomenal. I do love this movie. My wife loves it too, We watch together every now and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's stupendous. I really want to point out Mozart's ghost comment here, which is the year of the steel Book. Honestly, that has been a depressing part of this week is I feel like every single announcement is just a steel book, and I know most people don't want that, which is rough. I mean, we're gonna start alienating a portion of the collectors to make a portion that will spend all of their money on steel books very happy, and that sucks at the end of the day. All right, So that is clue. Next up, Oh god, I forgot this was this week. October seventh. Paramount is releasing a on Flux on four K from two thousand and five. For the record, this movie was finished in two K and has very poor CGI. This is another one of those that I don't understand why we're putting this in four K.
Speaker 2: I get that there.
Speaker 4: Could be like a small bump in color grade if you do a really great HDR pass. This doesn't need to be on four K. The whole era from like ninety eight to twenty twelve ish is always going to be questionable and if they should be in four K, but specifically this movie, this is a bad choice.
Speaker 3: I've not seen this movie. I just remember that I saw like a clip of it where like she almost fell on some blades of grass that were like kind of alive and like super sharp about to like get her in the chant or something. It was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh yeah, Craig is exactly right because there are cry babies that are four K or die, which will also kill the physical media industry very very.
Speaker 2: Quickly if they don't stop. Hey.
Speaker 4: I put up a new interview this week with Anthony from Petrick Glyph Media. They're the ones that put out this funeral Siniestro and Triangulo de Oro double feature. This is their first and still only release. I hope you check it out. They are a very very small operation doing their best to raise enough to do a second title. And I think it's a good conversation nice in short like thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I listened to it. It is a very good conversation.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that I wasn't gonna do this. I was just gonna sort of quietly drop it tomorrow. But fuck it, why not? So I'm gonna tease something that's pretty big. I put up a story on Instagram and Facebook today that had a picture of Honey Shrunk the Kids that said, on Disconnected tomorrow. I am stoked that I have other than Sean Baker, probably my biggest interview yet on my channel dropping tomorrow. And I still can't believe this happened. But I have the one and only Brian Usna stopping by for like a seventy five minute conversation, and I mean I just sit back kind of quietly for most of it and let him ramble about some of the best stuff. I hope people like this, and I hope everybody watches it because it is a big deal. Yusna is one of the kindest, most generous people in the world. I don't think this is in the interview, but I brought Will on at the end, and Brian Usna is Will's favorite director of all time, literally, And this is why I wanted to bring it up, because earlier we mentioned society and it is so timely to bring it up with him coming on tomorrow. But Will is going to have Brian Usena, who offered to zoom in to Will's class this fall, and that just shows you the type of person that he was. And it is wild that just offering from a name like Brian Usena is just second nature. He is so willing to be a part of things. Yeah, I hope people like it. It's a good time, it's a fun interview. The edit was very difficult because I tried to put a lot of work into it, and I hope you like it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty excited about that because he's phenomenal and it's always great to hear that people whose work you really appreciate are actually great people in real life.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but other than society, what are some of your favorites of him?
Speaker 3: I mean, his involvement with the re Animators obviously. Wasn't he involved with the Silent Night Deadly Knight four initiation yep, which that whole franchise is a lot of fun, except for three. Three is horrendously bad. I cannot watch that ever again. But all the other ones great time. But yeah, I think five is underrated for sure. Also, wasn't there wasn't there a movie that he was involved with, Necronomicon that, like, is there a release for this ever?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: I tried to watch it some years ago and I couldn't find it anywhere.
Speaker 4: There is a release, it's in the UK or Germany. It's on Blu Ray, and I think it's region free, but it is if I remember. I think there's something with licensing.
Speaker 2: That it's quite likely it will never be on in the US unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Uh Jesus. Jim says, Brian is a good friend of mine. He comes over to my house to watch Blu rays. What in the world, gym that's wild?
Speaker 2: Uh oh.
Speaker 4: Josh says, there's a French Blu Ray. Is that the one I have? Is that the only Blu ray release?
Speaker 2: Josh? Huh? Interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the other reasons I want to talk about this is tomorrow, I think, depending on the timeline of Amazon approving it, either tomorrow or Saturday. The newest issue of The Physical Media Advocate is dropping, and there's a big piece on us.
Speaker 2: Not at the end, because.
Speaker 4: Jeremy went to a Q and A with him recently and we talked about him and a couple others and yeah, it's a you're gonna enjoy it. It's a really, really great conversation. Next up, let's get into the quote biggest news of the week, which everybody makes a big deal about. September twenty third in the US. Here we are getting a standard release of A Nightmare on Elm Street four K seven film collection. The UK release is going to be the day before. It'll be on the twenty second. This is going to have the theatrical and uncut versions of a Nightmare and Elm Street and A Nightmare and Elm.
Speaker 2: Street five, the Dream Child.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have three D glasses for the portion of Freddy's Dead the Final Nightmare, and it says there will be blood curdling special features and we don't have release details on that front yet. Now, this is crazy. Everybody went nuts for this. You can pre order this still. It's available on Amazon. The steel book collection for this that we're gonna be talking about in a few minutes as well in the US seems to be out of print already, and that happened before it even technically got announced, and there was artwork for it. But we're gonna talk about the artwork in just a moment. But first, your feeling is on Imary Elm Street. How do you rank it across the other franchises, How do you feel about it.
Speaker 3: I think it's a really good franchise. I quite enjoy it. I mean it's no like Phanfasm franchise. I will say, like that's my favorite, but no, it's very strong. You know. It gets talked about up there with Friday the thirteenth for good reason. Halloween franchise not for a good reason. But I don't like this artwork, Like it looks just super lazy and just like, can't you do something kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: Historically, other than the theatrical posters, which are incredible, I've got one of them up on my wall up in the corner there. The Knightmarreen Elm Street artwork forever has been real bad and I don't understand why. It is literally the most iconic horror villain maybe.
Speaker 2: Of all time.
Speaker 4: I mean, he was a pop culture phenomenon for years and we can't get anything better than this.
Speaker 3: Drink some water from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is even that. It's good.
Speaker 3: It's not great, Yeah, I know it's but yeah, the poster, the original poster art for those movies is unreal.
Speaker 2: For all of them, they're all great.
Speaker 3: They should have just taken that same art style, yeah, and applied it to this I mean, come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is better than that AI art that other YouTubers went nuts for a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: But that's not saying much.
Speaker 4: But this is what made people most excited is we got the cover art from the German site play on Pictures. They put this up on their website early, and essentially it is a steel book library collection, so those ones that we've gotten over the last few years, with like the Rambo release, the Superman release, the Avengers, there's been like twenty five of these that have gotten releases, and the library is going to be like Freddie's Sweater with the red and green and then all of the steel books of the seven films have the original poster art on there, which this is the perfect, perfect way to handle this. I think people should be happy. I think this is the best possible answer that we could have gotten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've got nothing to complain about this other than it really sucks to put this available for pre order and have it sell out. Yeah, if something is available for pre order, I would suggest using that as a gauge on having to make rather than saying it's limited to whatever and we're gonna just turn off the faucet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with that for sure, but that like, this does look great, and I it makes me consider getting it because what I have currently was their DVD library of the movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that one's decent, even though it's had like the that's the one of the crappy snapper cases.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The art on there, though, is its not bad. It's probably the best that we've gotten on physical media. Yeah, and I love everybody saying uh, let's see uh mozarts go says I want actual fabric on the outside of the steel locker. We're probably not going to get that. Sibner has a theory that the red and green is going to be like a c through pet slip cover around it to protect it. You'll take the sweater off to get into it, which I think.
Speaker 3: Nipples under there, like burnt burnt nipples.
Speaker 2: It'll be the dirty word art again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be great. But no hair because the fire would have taken care of that.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it'll be all flesh textured.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is this is neat.
Speaker 4: At the moment when this was announced to I speculated that this was gonna be the same art worldwide, And now we know that this is the same art worldwide. We'll talk more about that in a little while. But yeah, this is rough because again you can't pre order it everywhere. It's still available in the UK, still available in France. In the US, I think you can pre order it from Brother Belisle still. Now, this is the other hard part is it's expensive. The UK version of this is the only one that comes with Blu rays with the four k's and because it's the UK release, it's two hundred and fifty dollars. The US version of this on Amazon here, which was an Amazon exclusive before it's sold out already, is only one hundred and sixty seven dollars, So it's it's a jump in price for sure. I've just spoke to see these films in four K the Blu rays looked Saying the Blu rays looked bad is probably not being insulting enough.
Speaker 3: Oh, but it's someone's favorite.
Speaker 2: It's not somebody's favorite restoration.
Speaker 4: I will say that it's somebody's favorite movie, and that's why it deserves this respect, and I'm glad that getting it.
Speaker 2: So we shall see.
Speaker 4: And Stan says, only to be quite honest, seven movies from a studio in four K and steelbooks for one hundred and sixty seven dollars in twenty twenty five. That's that's a pretty decent deal. I mean we're talking to like one Disney movie in a sealbook that's in four K is costing like fifty right now. So to me, like, I don't know if that makes me cynical or whatever, I don't think that is a terrible price for on release day seven steel books in a steel library. Yeah, all right, speaking of steel books, it is the year the Steal Book, like we said earlier, and September twenty third, there's a Blu Ray Steal book coming for Chucky the complete series.
Speaker 2: Did you watch any of the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first two seasons. I did. Actually it took up a large part of my time when I was quarantined with COVID, and yeah, I really enjoyed that, really kept me going that in twitch.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's I will say also, like franchise wise, the Chucky franchise is one of the top franchises I feel like quality wise, because it's been very quality all the way throughout pretty much.
Speaker 4: On top of that, it is literally the same creator the entire time, which kind of does a lot for the quality.
Speaker 3: Well, and same with Phantasm, well except for the very last film, but he was kind of consulted on that one. But yeah, like when you can keep people involved, I think Tremors is the same way as well. That franchise, same people involved.
Speaker 2: To a degree. I think at least one or two are always.
Speaker 3: Like the writers. I think we're involved all the way through. But that's underrated. That's a very underrated franchise, Tremors.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorites, even the ones, the last three that are just CGI, it's still so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much fun.
Speaker 3: Did you see the TV show?
Speaker 4: I have seen one episode of it and I've never got around the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Need to. You can still buy the whole season on DVD through Best Buys website.
Speaker 2: I did not know the best buy part. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lots of comments on the Chucky thing, Ronnie saying really enjoyed the Chucky series. Stinks that it got canceled. It deserved a fourth season. Now, Mancini has said he's not done. He does plan on continuing this, whether it is another season or another film. He's saying, yes, this ended on a cliffhanger, but it's not done yet, there will be something to wrap it.
Speaker 2: Up, so look forward to that. It's Mancini. He's probably never gonna stop at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see. Chucky is so wild. It took huge swings and I loved it. I gotta be honest, I've still not seen any of the show I need to. These are for anybody that bought the series or the seasons as they came out. These a gonna be the same discs. There's not anything new or exclusive. This is mostly just getting people to buy the entire series, which they will because it's a steal book. And as we just stated, steel Book fans by everything. Oh gosh, Josh, you were so right, Josh says, the amount of weirdo right wing hate for the series is a bummer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got one of the most hateful dms that I've gotten ever for Disconnected this week. Literally somebody said the words seeg Kile and sent me two pictures of eight balls, which, if you are familiar with hateful rhetoric, you know what that means. But Jesus Christ, it was unhinged for sure. Next up another steel Book September twenty third, we are getting from Warner Brothers. A four K steel book and a standard, which I gotta be honest, I think the steel book for this is quite clever and I liked that they did it, but I probably can just do it with the standard. But we're getting The Corpse Bride from two thousand and five, really wonderful movie from Tim Burton, which I love stuff like this. No new extras on here, but great, great looking animation. I'm sure this is going to beautiful in four K. And again I think it's really cool how they did this. You take the little slip cover off and it just leaves the Bride on the cover.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that looks phenomenal. We need more creative stuff like that, Like, do more of that stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Cool, that's a good movie too.
Speaker 4: I'm fine with these. It's the super lazy steel books that pissed me off. Is something like this. I'm all about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So after that, we got just for fun another new four K steel book, a Beetlejuice. Beetle Juice from last year coming on it yet again, the most popular date of the fall, September twenty third. Nothing new on this. I think they're just trying to capitalize on the Tim Burton Love and the Jena Ortega Love with Wednesday coming back, and this movie did well for them. And the first steel Book wasn't that great looking, Not that this one is beautiful or anything, but yeah, this is already the second steel book for this film that came out last year.
Speaker 3: It was an ok movie, like, yeah, nothing great, it was okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, aggressively fine like Fantastic four.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's a good way to put it.
Speaker 2: Nice. Josh has a corpse right, theatrical poster in his classroom. That's great. It's a good movie. Very good movie. Uh Okay.
Speaker 4: So there were some people speculating on this when we got some answers on yet again, the most popular date in the world, September twenty third, we are getting standard four K releases of the entire Sean Connery run of James Bond. This is one that just got one of those steel book library collections that we were just talking about. It also got a standard of the entire run all at once. That wasn't a steel book. But now if you only like one or two of these, which some people do, now you can pick and choose which ones you want, but they're all coming in four k all on their own and uh, yeah, are you a Bond guy, Carly?
Speaker 3: Yes, Actually, my wife and I do James Bond January every January, where we watch as many as movies through the month as we can and then cut it off at the end of the month. But it usually ends up being like four or five. But I had gotten the Blu rays set, and I mean, how much better is it gonna look on four K honestly, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and probably a lot.
Speaker 3: Actually that artwork looks terrible though, like come on, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it's kind of pulpy. I don't hate these. I think that they probably could have done at least some splash of actual art with the text. But other than that, I don't hate these.
Speaker 3: I will say the Pierce brosen As much as I like Pierce Brosnan, the Pierce brosenan James Bonds not fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Gary says, I love that artwork.
Speaker 2: People said it was lazy, but they don't get graphic design.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's bad. I would I don't know. I just like a little splash of art with it. At least it does feel sort of like the novels that these are based off of.
Speaker 2: The old infleming pulp books.
Speaker 4: So next up, let's go to a four K release over in the UK from Studio Canal of Diva. This is also getting a Blu Ray release both of these on October six. This is from nineteen eighty one. This is supposedly a super stylish film that I have never seen. This is a brand new four K restoration produced from the thirty five millimeter negative and the sound negatives as well, scanned in four K by Transperfect Media. The image was then digitally graded and cleaned to remove imperfections from the original elements. This project was carried out by the Studio Canal team Sophie Boyer and Jean Pierre Boynette restoration and digitization with the support of the CNC. I only wanted to say that because I have to say I love when companies are transparent like this about the restorations. We have so many places that are just four K scan of the best surviving elements. Okay, of what I mean, was that plucked from somebody's attic and it was a twelfth generation inner negative or something like, Let's talk about what it is and find out. Let's be completely honest and transparent if we can This has some extras on it. We got Blue as Diva, Memories of a cult film Diva about the film by Dennis parent And this is a French film with English subtitles, and I feel like I need to see this.
Speaker 2: Everybody seems to love it, interestingly.
Speaker 4: Also from Studio Canal on four K in the UK on October sixth is Baby Blood from nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: This is one that was released previously by Keno here in the States.
Speaker 4: This has a new featurette on here called The Concepts behind French Horror baby Blood, and that is by Kim Newman, and it's Kim Newman's birthday.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday, Kim Newman.
Speaker 4: All of the extras that were on the Keuno release are ported over, and that includes all kinds of stuff that we're I believe not on the Keuno release as well, including the Lee Gambon and Jerrick Kahan commentary Glad that is on there. Again, Lee Gamma deserves to be remembered on every release.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna attempt to make a Will Dodson joke on that one, do it. You know, babies shouldn't really be joining gangs.
Speaker 4: That is the most Will Doddson joke by somebody not named Will Dodson that I've ever heard maybe, and I love it.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 4: If you are listening later, please let me know, because yeah, that is going to be dots and approved. Also over in the UK on August eighteenth, which is right around the corner, Cult Films is releasing one Deadly Summer from nineteen eighty three. This is an Isabella Johnny film that supposedly great, another one that I've not seen. There are some decent archival extras on here, new two K source elements restored for the sixteen to nine version, and some new and improved English subtitles. But love Isabella Johnny. She's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll I would see anything she's in. Just based off of Possession.
Speaker 4: And Adam says, this is a very steamy movie, just warning you, just warning that means I have to buy it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm watching adult titles now because of Ryan and Celeste.
Speaker 2: So so proud by the way.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 4: And yeah, Ronnie, I completely agree. The title on the spine facing the wrong way on these films drives me.
Speaker 3: It's yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Next up, the first of two times that we were talking about this tonight, August twenty fifth, Fabulous Films on the UK is releasing Night Gallery, the Complete Series. This is going to be essentially the Kenolber releases for another territory. Have you ever seen any the Night Gallery episodes?
Speaker 3: I haven't, but I'm down to try.
Speaker 2: It's a very good series.
Speaker 4: The hard part is you're inevitably going to compare it to Twilight Zone and it's no Twilight Zone. It was never going to be, but it's very good. There are some very special standout episodes. Cool next one of my most exciting releases for this week, October seventh, we are getting a Blu ray and DVD release from Warner Brothers of Peanuts, the seventy fifth Anniversary Ultimate TV Specials Collection, covering from nineteen sixty five to twenty eleven. This is going to have five decades of the beloved Peanuts TV specials. There's going to be forty of the forty five total specials. They will never likely be able to get all of them. Unfortunately, they did one on the Super Bowl and the NFL is never going to allow that to be licensed because they're assholes. But I have to have this, I mean, just like my Muppets tattoo, I have a Peanuts tattoo. Oh, this is a must for me. Are you a Peanuts fan?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I watch them as a kid. It didn't really like resonate with me so much that I like care to watch it nowadays. But I hope that tattoo you have is kind of like over your belly button, like the thug life type tattoo.
Speaker 4: Now I'm regretting that it's not said, yeah, it's on my leg, but it is very sentimental. My wife calls me Snoopy and I call her woodstock.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's cute.
Speaker 4: Next up from Viz Media here in the US, we are getting Castlevania the Complete series. This is the Netflix anime show, which is somebody that has not watched a lot of anime. I watched most of the first season of this, and I gotta say, the animation in this is fucking incredible. Not necessarily my style of storytelling, but I could see myself like Stockholm syndrom ing into loving this. It sounds like a really cool release too. It's got a seventy two page booklet, it has window clings, it has tarot cards, it has a wigia board, it has art gallery storyboards, trailers on the discs, some voice actor interviews, production animatics. This is a really fun style release for something like this. Yeah, looks great. I will say it's a little expensive for what it is. It's like one hundred and sixty five dollars on Amazon right now. I see that going down a little bit, but it probably ends up around one forty ish, which is better but still still a little high. Although it's a Netflix streaming show coming to physical media, and that's pretty great.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're either getting this or you're getting The Nightmare in Elm Street Box.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: That strame amount, so that is true. It is wild how much they are throwing into this that I would not expect that. But I did watch some of the Castlevania show and I thought it was pretty good. I just kind of got distracted and didn't go back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always meant to finish that first season, and now I gotta be honest, I probably won't ever. We got some release details on twenty eight years later. This is all coming on the most famous release date of the fall, September twenty third, four K steelbook and standard. We've got a Blu ray and DVD release, all coming from Sony as far as the extras, it will have Dolby Atmos. There are some featurettes, including one called Daisty Years, one called Capturing the Chaos, the survivors becoming the infected behind the cameras, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Did you see twenty eight years Later this year?
Speaker 3: I didn't, but I'm going to attempt another Will Dodson joke on this one. The follow up is going to be called twenty eight inches Later.
Speaker 4: Yes, the movie famous for zombie dong, which is a weird sentence. I never saw myself saying here we are. Yeah, good movie. I liked it quite a bit. You talked about liking British TV shows earlier. This is a very British movie, and if you're not prepared for that, it might be slightly off putting.
Speaker 2: So keep that in mind.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this is a release that made a lot of people go wild. This week November fifth, Umbrella is releasing Freaked from nineteen ninety three the Alex Winter Joint, and.
Speaker 2: They went.
Speaker 4: Saying they went all in on This is kind of underselling it. Even Freaked is incredible. Have you seen Freaked before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually own the DVD release of it that has like the c through slip cover, although my old my cat who passed away last year, puked on it and so it like smells bad because you can't really clean that up so much, so I probably need to upgrade it.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm glad that you kept it though.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, it's the Disparting Memories. It's it's a good it's a good film. It is. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is wild and for a number of number of reasons. One that we probably should say, Umbrella has rights for this in Australia, in the US and the UK.
Speaker 2: Now they've not said, they've.
Speaker 4: Not said if they're gonna be doing different releases, so I'm not saying necessarily you have to buy this version because the odds are that this is going to get released from draft House here in the States the UK. Not sure it could be anybody. Hell, they could have licensed it to a arrow or something, but we'll find out in due time. But they went all in and all of the discs that come out in the future are likely going to be the same for this because they do own worldwide rights. They don't want to compete with themselves of course, so they are the first ones putting it out. There is probably going to be a while before we hear about another release. That way, they can sell as many as they can. This release is crazy, though, forty eight page book, behind the scenes materials, archival interviews, new essays. We've got a bumper one hundred plus page book with behind the scenes, new interviews, sorry, new essays by Justin Beiem, Whitney, Seibold, Mike Saunders, and fan art. There's a script book, an original comic book, custom art stickers, a pamphlet, custom artwork, rigid slipcase and then another slipcase, and eight art cards, a reversible poster. And of course it's limited and numbered. This is wild to have all of that in one release. This, this brick of a release, is probably going to be the biggest Umbrella release yet. I'm speculating offhand. This also has a ton of new extras, new interviews, new everything. There's a new work print alternate cut on this. There is Alex Winter all over this. Yeah, this is a lot, a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's great to see this getting such a good release because it I know, it's a movie that a lot of people have been talking about within the horror community, specifically because it is underappreciated for the most part, and it's the practical effects are just so much fun. It's so over the top in zany to be seen.
Speaker 2: Josh says.
Speaker 4: Draft House sent out promotional emails today advertising this Australian import, which is interesting. So maybe it won't get a US release from draft House or anybody. Maybe it is this one that is very bizarre. That also could have just been an Umbrella contract thing where they said, hey, you can release this later, but you need to advertise ours.
Speaker 2: First or something. Who knows.
Speaker 4: Jay Weber saying, release from draft House on Burned on demand. These are not going to be mod discs. These are all going to be pressed ahead of time.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 4: They are making many of these, I promise. Yeah, Gary, Like I said, Umbrella owns the US release rights, but they can license those out to anybody because they own it, and can they can license that to anybody because they have the rights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is crazy. Anybody that has not seen this movie, what would you compare it to?
Speaker 3: Carln I I don't know, because it's kind of its own thing in a way, like it's kind of it kind of reminds me a little bit of like a pee Wee's playhouse type vibe to it, Yeah, but a little more adult with Randy Quaid.
Speaker 2: Way to put a button on that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The closest thing that I would say is it's probably closest to the early Peter Jackson stuff, but even that is still very different. Gary is saying, should we wait? The question is do you love this movie? If you love this movie, this is likely going to be the best release of this. If you have never seen this movie and you just want like the cheapest release of this, I would probably wait and just speculate. This will be in print from Umbrella for years, even if they don't release anything. So just just give it some time. If you're new to it, just let it mellow, calm down. It'll go on sale. Hell right now, Umbrella is doing a buy one, get one free sale. This will like beat a buy one, get one free sale, just not the huge version, just the standard in a year or something.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 3: Actually, actually the tone of the film kind of reminds me a little bit of the Aussie film Body.
Speaker 4: Melt Ooh that is a good call. I love I love Body.
Speaker 3: Melt Yeah, fun, real, ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh yeah, just like Jay Weber's about to say in the chat, he says speaking of the early Peter Jackson stuff. For those that didn't hear, he surprise debuted a four K restoration of Dead Alive in the last week. I did not post anything about that yet because there's no real tangible facts about it yet, but he even recorded an intro and talked about how he is like thrilled that the restoration has done for his stuff. So fingers crossed, we are likely going to be hearing four K announcements for Meet the Feebles, Dead Alive and everything here soon.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: One of the big ones that people have been asking about recently is the Frighteners that got a German four K release from Turbine about four years ago.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: From what I've heard in the past, and this is an open secret, I'm not like revealing anything. Ero put some of their postcards in some of their titles years ago that they were releasing the Frighteners. They still are. From what I hear, the stipulation was that Turbine had a five year exclusive window on their release, and we're coming up on five years, so the arrow release of that should be coming in the next eighteen.
Speaker 3: Months or so, I would buy that love.
Speaker 4: I just hope it as the documentary within, because the documentary on that movie is great. Yeah, Heavenly Creatures needs a new release. Completely agree, Ronnie.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of crying.
Speaker 4: Stan says, once you've seen Freaked, you will love it and wish that you had purchased this edition.
Speaker 2: Yep, So maybe maybe just trust it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just go with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, move into our next Umbrella title. This is the one that was shocking to me. We didn't know this was coming. November fifth, We're getting a blu ray in Australia from Umbrella of Cecil Be Demented.
Speaker 2: Are you a John Waters guy?
Speaker 3: So I haven't seen a ton of John Waters stuff, but I live near Baltimore and I am naturally a John Waters fan for that reason, and I've met the guy, super super nice. Got him to sign my as he put it, non neutered version of a Dirty Shame, which was great. I do love that movie. But yeah, no, I haven't seen Cecil Be Demented, but I had it highly recommended to me recently.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's very good.
Speaker 4: It's also very relevant to twenty twenty five and if you are into stuff that feels tongue in cheek, perfect to watch right now. This is one of those really great titles. Cecil is a lot of fun. Watched this with my Patreon in the discord here a couple months ago, and yeah, it's a really great group watching movie. Pretty much everything John Waters is, so check it out if you've not seen it. This is the first proper Blu Ray release of this film, which is wild. That being said, I gotta admit Umbrella putting this out in Australia makes me feel like this is probably likely to get a US release here soon. Now, who would it be from The odds are probably Criterion. I mean, they've done most of the Waters catalog. It would be probably in their best interest to do it here in the States as well.
Speaker 2: But it's a fun movie.
Speaker 4: It's also very different from Waters from the rest of the stuff. If you've seen some of his other stuff and not the later stuff. There are a lot of people that feel like there is a very clear line of classic Waters and then not great Waters after that.
Speaker 2: I don't really agree with.
Speaker 4: That, but this does fall into the later stuff obviously, with them being released in two thousand. This does have a forty eight page booklet with it, this custom artwork case and all that stuff like they always do, and then new stuff. This has the John Waters commentary that was done previously. There's a new interview with John Waters. There's even a new interview here with Melanie Griffith, which for Umbrella to get that is really really surprising. So that's showing that they are going all in on something like this. I have a feeling that this is going to be a pretty incredible disc if you love John Waters. Criterion is never going to do anything to this extent. This feels like.
Speaker 2: A must if you're a Waters fan boy.
Speaker 4: I didn't even realize there's a new interview with mink Stole on here, so check that out.
Speaker 2: This is a great release.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 4: Next up is The Fire Within from nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: Not what I've seen.
Speaker 4: This is a film that's going to have a forty eight page booklet as well, new artwork as usual, they've got the art cards, a reversible poster, new audio commentary with Adrian Martin, who is a very scholarly commentator on the releases that he does. This is directed by Louis mal We got Louis mall speaks on his movie here, and there is a piece by Cat Ellinger as well. If this is a big release, I would say, if this is a big release for you, again, this is probably the best it's going to get for quite some time. We don't know anything about any US releases coming, but this is good look and release. So have you seen anything from Louis mal.
Speaker 3: I have not. I will say like this. When I'm first seeing this artwork, I'm like, this isn't my bag as far as nightwork goes. But as you were like going through the photos, I was like, it's kind of alluring.
Speaker 4: Though to degree, Yeah, I've not loved everything Louis mall that I've seen, but when he hits for me, he hits hard, and yeah, I'd say the same thing. I've not seen this one, but it definitely feels intriguing. Oh, Aaron says he loves this movie. There you go.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Let's go to our next one, which is the last of the Umbrella titles, and that is All of Me from nineteen eighty four. Also coming up Blu Ray November fifth. If you recognize this title, that's because this just a Vestron release, which is still very odd to me here in the US. From Lionsgate Limited. This is the Steve Martin film with Lily Tomlin. This has a forty eight page book with essays by Cynthia Wayang, Nadine Whitney, and David Michael Brown. A new audio commentary with the wives Colangelo, We've got the actor Victoria Tennant does a new interview on this, and then David Michael Brown speaks on Steve Martin and Carl Reiner's funny friendship. I don't think I've ever seen this one, and I definitely want to see it. The art on this is an odd style, but I do like it more than the Vestron release. But yeah, any thoughts on Steve Martin or all of me? Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen this one, but I do typically like Steve Martin stuff. Yeah, so I would be interested to see it. I don't think I'm gonna buy it.
Speaker 2: Adam says it's top tier Martin. That's interesting to hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never seen it either, Noodles, I'm very curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this looks fun at least. Okay, this is the.
Speaker 4: Second time we're talking about Night Gallery Imprint has done this quite a few times. If somebody announces something and they have it coming, they kind of rush out and say, hey, hey, hey, don't forget about us. We're also releasing this, and they are putting out Night Gallery, the complete series sometime soon as well. This is gonna be packed with special features housed in a limited edition packaging, kind of like.
Speaker 2: They always do.
Speaker 4: There will be a hardcover booklet and it will have all kinds of new stuff on it guaranteed.
Speaker 2: No clue when this is coming out.
Speaker 4: They've kind of like pre announced a lot of these, like they're doing Jade. They did the same with the Keep. They've got a lot of really cool stuff. In fact, tonight they're also announcing their next title, which is a four K sci fi film from the eighties, and pretty much everybody speculating that they're gonna have a really fancy edition of the thing to make us all jealous of. So yeah, this one is interesting. So for Imprint, they had announced a huge bundle of Hitchcock things just last month, and for a while two of their Hitchcock releases were you can still see them on the site, but you could not order them. And now we finally have an update. People were starting to get emails saying thank you for your pre order of the bundle. Unfortunately, they've been delayed to October twenty ninth, which is the first Red Flag, and they also said now these are only going to be limited to a thousand copies and there will be no standard edition.
Speaker 2: On top of.
Speaker 4: That, there was news of them removing a couple of special features that were previously announced, So some details on this. They said, We've had many questions on the state of these upcoming sets, and after some unexpected production delays, we are thrilled to now move ahead with these with some changes. Both will be strictly limited to one thousand, Every single copy will be individually numbered, and there will be no standard edition for these collections at all. It's now on October twenty ninth. To compensate for the delays and the documentary becoming Hitchcock, the legacy of Blackmail.
Speaker 2: Has been removed entirely.
Speaker 4: And then there's an audio commentary that was also removed now to me because of the way they pulled it down.
Speaker 2: It seems to me.
Speaker 4: Josh's pointing out that literally just a minute ago, Imprint announced Life Force. Oh yeah, not the thing. So there's a big fancy release of Life Force out there.
Speaker 3: Well that sounds good.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they pulled a commentary and a documentary. To me, the screams like a licensing problem. That's why it was halted for a moment. And something happened behind the scenes. Somebody found out they were releasing this and said, who wha, woa, you can't do that, And now they've been forced to change their release, which which sucks, especially for the documentary.
Speaker 2: I did want a disc of that one.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, this really sucks for people who didn't necessarily get in on the pre order but found out about it later and we're like, oh, I'd like to pick that up. Well guess what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can still order this from a couple places, but it is selling quickly. People are buying us simply from the idea of fomo, and don't fall prey to that if you are not like incredibly interested in these That being said, there are a couple titles on here that have not been on Blu Ray before, and that it's hitchcock. So for a lot of people that is enticing enough. Yeah, Orbit had them earlier in the US, and as far as I'm aware, Imprint still had some copies just a couple hours ago, so if you're looking for them, these will be pricey. Three months after release, these are probably gonna go for big, big money. Next up, terror Vision posted a bunch of updates and kind of really excited about some of these. So the Big One is suddenly in the Dark, The Devil's Sword and Children of Violent Rome are all shipping now. Things have been fixed from their manufacturer, who had a major problem behind the scenes. There was a lot of shit that was causing some of the biggest anxiety I've ever seen Brad and Ryan go through, and I'm glad they are past it and we can finally look forward to the rest of the year following those. Because of the manufacturing for those being delayed, Invader Sledgehammer and Arbor Day, we're all kind of pushed back ever so slightly to get those fixed first, and so those are coming, but it will be in the next handful of weeks. The Gatorbait collection has been slightly delayed because we found yet some more reels for Gator Bait two and we're still hoping to get a perfect candidate to put the entire Gatorbait two and four K from the elements.
Speaker 2: If that doesn't work, out.
Speaker 4: We're still gonna put it out on four K, except for one of the reels, we'll have to go down to SD unfortunately, but it'll still look great for the rest of the disc and it looks very very good, So just wait for that to come out. And now the big thing is their video Club subscription, which, if you're not aware, Terror Vision sort of like Vinegar Syndrome. They do this whole subscription model thing where you can get a certain number of titles and then not have to worry about them. You get everything they put out, whether it's four K, Blu Ray, Deluxe package whatever. They are keeping those however, because manufacturing costs have gone up. They've been doing the same prices for years, and they've raised the prices ever so slightly. And they've also changed the tiers that you can get. So they used to have ten, twenty, thirty, forty and fifty title tiers. That's a lot to choose from, and for a lot of people, if you're getting ten titles and they announced ten titles in the next two months, it can feel very like, Oh, I was a subscriber and now I get nothing. I'm already out. Why did I subscribe? So they raise that a little bit, and so now you can get fifteen titles, thirty titles, or fifty titles, and the prices are still very very reasonable in my opinion at least. So for fifteen titles it's three seventy three, for thirty titles it's six sixty six, of course they had to, and then for fifty titles it's one thousand forty, which is still like a crazy good price, especially because you still get free shipping here in the US. You also still get access to the clubhouse where you get warehouse wholesale pricing on everything that they do. And the big thing is if you're already a subscriber up until the date of when they are making this change, which is I think it's August ninth. Let me verify before I say that out. Yeah, August ninth, that is the date of the price changes. So up until then, all of those old options are still available. And this is so cool. They're telling you, now, if you like those old prices and don't want to pay more later, you can go subscribe now and keep that price as long as you have an active subscription. So you could just keep subscribing at that same price as it keeps going on. Now, of course something could change years in the future or whatever, but that is really cool that they're giving you like a ten day warning to go subscribe at the old price.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I mean that doesn't surprise me with the way they've been doing things. And I am a subscriber, although I'm not the best subscriber because I keep emailing and saying I don't want this one, I don't want this one. Keep that kind of deferring. But I actually have gotten to a point where I'm like, you know what, I'm just gonna let it ride from now on. Just whatever shows up, it shows up.
Speaker 4: I will say the end of this update, they tease something and it says most important of all Terror Visions thirteen weeks of Halloween starts August eighth. I will say, the rest of this year and the following handful of months for TerrorVision are going to surprise the hell out of some people.
Speaker 3: All Right, well, maybe I need to increase my subscription.
Speaker 4: There are titles coming that people are going to be shocked. TerrorVision were able to get and the extras that we are putting on there are incredible. You are very much going to be hearing a lot more from TerrorVision in the coming months.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 4: Just wait, August eighth is gonna be the kickoff, and there's man thirteen weeks in a row and doing it right this time. I know that they tried this before and it floundered, but it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Next up.
Speaker 4: Just earlier today, Flicker Alley announced September ninth they're releasing a blu ray of their Flicker Fusion series Getting He Who Gets Slapped from nineteen twenty four, starring Lon Cheney. This is center stage as He, a tortured clown who signature ACKed, is receiving an endless series of slaps to the face, essentially as part of therapy for him. In a way, this looks like a really loaded release. I'm so stoked that they're giving us much love and attention to this. It's got a commentary, it's got animated shorts that have been restored from the Max Fleischer Library. It's got an original featurette from twenty twenty five that explores the early days of the MGM's beloved Leo the Lion, which as an animal lover. That's awesome to me that they're putting that on there. It's got a booklet insert. I love flicker Ally's releases. This looks great that artwork.
Speaker 3: It kind of makes me think that that's what the sequel two hundreds of Beavers should look like, just like it would be like hundreds of clowns. Next.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that would be terrifying for a lot of people. Dustin is asking our ERVision planning another YouTube video for the thirteen weeks weeks of Halloween. I will say the answer is no, They're not planning another YouTube video for thirteen weeks of Halloween. We're gonna have a lot of fun with it.
Speaker 2: Just you wait.
Speaker 4: Next, Sony is releasing a four K steal book as usual of the Quicken the Dead from nineteen ninety five, coming on October seventh. This looks to me, I believe the exact same four K release that was released previously. I don't think that first one had Dolby Vision on. This one did. And that's what Sony does. They re released things and slap Dolby Vision on it, put it in a steel book, and say, hey, give us forty bucks. This is a great movie. But I don't think I need another four K release of this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know in this, but maybe I should.
Speaker 2: I Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen it. There's this thing with me where I have this kind of I'm drawn to movies that have like a tournament aspect to them, like kind of like Mortal Kombat, Quick in the Dead, like that type of thing. It's like, now this person versus this person. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 4: It's a good movie. In fact, it is a great movie. It's got kind of a mind blowing cast. For anybody that's never seen it, it is certainly one to look into. It's nineteen ninety five, so some of these people are young. But it is great, really really great. Next, another update from air forty four to forty four, who have said that their latest limited editions of P mack Alone and Mermaid Legend will finally be shipping starting the week of August fourteenth.
Speaker 2: This has been one.
Speaker 4: Of the longest running sagas of twenty twenty five. This in the Brevidio Giallo box set from Cauldron, which is also shipping as of right now.
Speaker 2: This is going to.
Speaker 4: Include standard editions which were also ordered from them. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but they have had a hard year with manufacturing. It has been so bad that on this graphic they even say at the bottom please contact us if you have address updates.
Speaker 2: That's how long it's been.
Speaker 4: They expect that people have moved since they ordered stuff, So.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 4: If you need to update your address, contact them and they will help you out. I do not envy the emails that they have probably been receiving for the last seven months.
Speaker 3: No, sounds like a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Next up another weird update, Keino announced that they're packaging for the Airport four K box sets will have to be changed. So they say the key art for the slipcase and digipack of the Airport box sets will be revised. We will share the new art with everybody soon. The street date for this may also have to be changed due to this unforeseen delay. Now a lot of people are asking why. The honest answer here, you'll never know why. This screams something legal that they had to change or update, and we will never have that answer unless somebody from Keno like leaks it on a stream in four years or something. This feels like what they had to do with the extras on that Columbo box set. But to me, like the art here is good. It's not bad art necessarily. It's probably where there's something in like the original contract that somebody had to have top billing on anything to do with this film or something like that, and so what we'll find out soon about that. But yeah, if you were waiting for this, just be advised you may be experiencing a delay. The original release date was September thirtieth, so that's it's not so close that they couldn't meet manufacturing, but depending on when that can get approved that yeah, they might have to push it back further. Okay, so today the art for the Nightmare and Elm Street four K steelbook that we already talked about has officially been revealed for the US, and yes, they are the all the original theatrical posters. And the big thing is that we can zoom in on here and find out some things like Bilby Atmos is probably present on every single one of the titles except for the two that are uncut. They don't have Delbi atmos on those two versions. They will include three D glasses in the release, and then I don't know if this is to be believed, but if you zoom in here, there's a certificate of authenticity and it shows that it's out of four thousand. Now, the rumor was previously that the US was going to have ten thousand copies, but this could be indicating why it has sold out so quickly, because four thousand for Nightmare and Elm Street is a really small number for the US.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very popular franchise, So why so few?
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 4: Although manufacturing for this is definitely gonna cost them a fortune, although they would make it all back immediately, so I'm not sure this is a big one if you were after this. Like I said earlier, it is sold out in the US. It's an Amazon exclusive. However, the US release or the UK release is still available from a few sites. Just get it quick. The standard release is available. Make a choice if you want.
Speaker 2: It or not. That's it.
Speaker 4: That's all we wrote on the announcements. Let's go into what is coming out next week For those that forgot, it's not a huge week, but a couple of big titles at least Master and Commander in four K. Have you ever seen that movie? No, I'm stoked on that one. That thing is gonna look beautiful in four K. It's it's a fun movie. It's the type of movie that we don't really get because it's quite practical, and yeah, it's gonna look gorgeous in four K. Sunset Boulevard four K from Paramount, next week, Better Off Dead four K from Paramount, Friendship from A twenty four. Loved that movie this year year for that Blu Ray, some criteria stuff. We got Fires on the Plane four K, the Burmese Burmese Harp four K, the title that pissed off a bunch of people Late Night with the Devil, got a four K Steel book coming next week. Shaw Brothers Classics Volume seven from Shout Factory Volume seven coming next week, Convoy four K from Keno, and then those titles shipping from Tervision, like we stated, Universal Theory from Oscilloscope, the capture from Filmmasters, and that's that's pretty much it. Nothing crazy, anything that you've got on the way or excited about.
Speaker 3: In that list, No, not from that one.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a slow week, which yeah, odd for what we're seeing over the next couple months, but that's probably why is everything's gearing up for big September and October announced.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and I mean Vinegar Syndrome has new stuff dropping tomorrow, so I'm gonna be shelling out some ducats for that.
Speaker 4: It's a busy day, that's for sure. I mean I'm gonna be posting announcements for like two and.
Speaker 3: A half hours tomorrow probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Friendship for me, Josh, for sure, that's a big one. So now we were talking about Shutter you mentioned earlier You've been covering their stuff for quite some time. There is a weird spectrum of Shutter titles that have ran the gamut of quality.
Speaker 2: What are some some.
Speaker 4: Ones that have not made your list tonight that you would still recommend that people check out, or maybe that aren't like underrated but are still very very good movies.
Speaker 3: Okay, so these would should I just go? Are you talking about my honorable men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do honorable mentions.
Speaker 3: I'm just I don't know how in depth you would like me to go on them.
Speaker 2: But as in depth as you want, okay, so just.
Speaker 3: A little bit. And I ranked them basically. So I'm doing five of my honorable mentions that I do think are quite underrated as far as exclusive and originals for shuttergo the bottom one I would recommend, but still a really good time available on Shutter right now. Vicious Fun smaller budget film. The acting is not like the best, but the premise is basically this kid who gets into this weird situation where he kind of accidentally stumbles upon a serial killers support group and then he kind of gets found out, but then he gets his ass saved by a woman who is going after said serial killers. And it is as the title says, it's fun. It's vicious fun. It has some vicious moments to it, but it's also really fun. It is funny. It has some good comedic moments to it. Plus it has a really underrated actor, Julian Richings, who's an older fellow, but he kind of came on the scene for a lot of people with anything for Jackson, which was another Shutter I think original actually and did a really good job in that. But he's particularly fun in it. But it's just it's a really fun film. Have you seen Vicious Fun?
Speaker 4: I think so this is I made a weird list that Shutters got some of those titles that I have. I know that I've seen them and I can't remember anything about them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yep, Yep, there are one of those. Yeah, there's some for me like that for sure.
Speaker 4: It's tough because they like, over the years, they've cranked out.
Speaker 3: A lot, yes, a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah I think this Does this one have a blu ray from Shutter?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, and they a lot of those earlier ones they did get a lot of blue rays, but unfortunately some weird ones that were actually like pretty decent never got some some discs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I probably need to rewatch this one, worth it all right? Next one from you?
Speaker 3: All right? My number four is after Midnight eight, So this one is actually not on Shutter anymore, but it's free on to be, Pluto, TV and Hulu, so you can check it out in all those areas. It was done by Jeremy Gardner, who also did The Battery if anyone's seen that. Really low budget film also has Bria Grant in it, who does a great job, really good acting for how low budget it is. But it's a really well done story about a guy who's basically dealing with a creature outside of his house that comes around after midnight. But it's kind of it's more than that. It's more of like an emotional thing about like where he is in his life and kind of like some loss in his life. And yeah, it's really well put together and it's one that a lot of people should see. So After Midnight.
Speaker 4: This is one, and don't feel bad or anything. This was on my list of five. I think this is highly highly underrated.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 4: He's one of those filmmakers that you can tell most likely does his best work under very specific limitations with this in the Battery. Yes, it is quite obvious that he didn't have even like a moderate budget. They are both quite small, but he pulls things off with these that other filmmakers would dream to do. He definitely has skills that people do not display on other films. I probably prefer The Battery at least a little bit. But After Midnight is very very good as well. Yes, this is definitely one that if you've not seen it, highly recommend checking this out. And this one I believe did get a Blu Ray release at least one. I don't remember if he got something else overseas, but I think it got.
Speaker 2: Is it shout Factory that did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That rings a bell? You might be right on that or.
Speaker 4: No, it's a good Deed did this one. There is a another title called After Midnight from years ago that Shout Factory did.
Speaker 2: Oh Aero UK did it?
Speaker 4: That must be what I'm thinking, Thanks Josh. All right, so that's one from my list. What else you got?
Speaker 3: I can knock some more off? Number three for me of the honorable mentions, And this one did get a physical release summer of eighty four. Yeah, this one is available on Prime, Apple TV and YouTube currently, so you can check it out there. It's got like this kind of like summer vibe to it, like kind of like it or like the Goonies something like that with young kids and they're basically in this neighborhood and they think that one of the neighbors in the neighborhood is potentially a serial killer. So it's about them kind of trying to like convince the other adults there. That's what's going on. But there's a lot of like cool like high jinks with the kids going on and like camaraderie and you know, it's it's a really fun film. And there's there's one part towards the end of the film that will it's it's very intense, very intense and you might not see it coming. Highly recommend Summer of eighty four.
Speaker 4: It's kind of jarring at the end of this because it is the rest of the movie doesn't really fit that vibe. But they sort of like they made a I think they sort of just made like a very particular choice to say, we're swinging for the fences at the end of this, so.
Speaker 2: That when people walk away, they're going whoa.
Speaker 4: And it works, I think because if you if you left it like feeling like the Goonies of the Burbs. I feel like this could have felt a little samy to some other films, sort of like a Disturbia with Shila buff ever so slightly in some of the scenes. But the end of this is very good and it goes from like a pre teen level of movie to very much like a oh yeah, like this this movie was made for me type of ending.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And this this one came out kind of many years ago on Shutter and a lot of people just hand it.
Speaker 4: And got a four K from Gunpowder and Sky, which looks incredible.
Speaker 3: It's good stuff, all right. I guess I'll go to my number two. This one is free on two B. At the moment, I do recommend a palate cleanser after you watch it. It is incident in a ghost land not seeing this one. So this one's done by Pascal Lagier, who also did Martyrs, so you might know what it's gonna feel like a little bit not good. It is a very good film, though, but it's a home invasion. It's basically like these girls who grew up and their mom was trying to fight off these home invaders and ended up getting killed, and then they come back together many years later, and some weird things end up happening. But there's a point in this film where things really flip on you, and it's a lot. I got done with that movie and I was just like, I cannot go to bed right now. Guy needs something else to make me feel better about the world. But it's a very good film.
Speaker 4: Some iconic imagery from this movie has got a very memorable poster with the face on it, one that has been on my watch list for far too long.
Speaker 2: I need to see this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, well free on twob crisis runny enough.
Speaker 4: I think I have a media book of this and I've just not been able to put it in yet.
Speaker 2: But I need to know there you go.
Speaker 3: And then my number one honorable mention is Coco d Coco Da. This is a Scandinavian film. It's free on Fandango at home right now and free on tub so you can check it out both places. So this one is it's basically about a couple who lose their child in very heartbreaking fashion and they go away for a camping trip and they are beset upon by some menacing characters who do terrible things to them. But then it keeps repeating. That whole scenario keeps repeating, and it feels weird and you're kind of like, I don't know what they're trying to do here, but just stick with it. By the end of the film, there's a very interesting animation that kind of sums up what they're trying to go for here, and it ends up becoming a very profound film, a very emotional film, and I was left feeling very vulnerable after I watched it, and it is phenomenal. Definitely check it out.
Speaker 2: This is quite good and it was Blu ray released. Was it the Canalog? Do you remember? Offhand?
Speaker 3: That sounds right? But I said that before when I was wrong.
Speaker 2: So I think it was the Canalog.
Speaker 4: It might be somebody else, but I will say the Canalog has done a number of films like this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it like nineteen times. Let me make sure I'm saying the right thing. Coco D I think it was.
Speaker 4: Oh damn it is dark Star. Oh okay, so dark Star. No, I will say, check out to Cantalog. They've done some stuff that feels like this film actually, but dark Star did a really good job on this release. This is one that sort of came out of nowhere from that label. Dark Star has done like a lot of very low budget sort of I don't want to trash the label like I love I love the owner. I've talked to him a handful of times, but.
Speaker 2: Most of the movies have not been for me.
Speaker 4: And this is one of like the seven or eight from them that I've really liked. And it was quite quite different from their usual fear. If you have not seen it, I think it's definitely worth watching it is you'll remember it, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gosh, shutters, that's such an extensive library.
Speaker 2: Some of these I don't even remember being shuttered. Yeah, that's the crazy thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, so you covered one of mine. I'm gonna throw out another one since you've been heavy detailing yours, so that we can get a break for a moment. But I feel like most people know this filmmaker. In fact, you've already said his name tonight.
Speaker 2: Once.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows When Evil Lurks, but so many people slept on Damian Rugnan's first film, Terrified, the when we when we finally decided on this topic, Terrified was the first thing that I knew I wanted to talk about because I I was ringing the bill for this movie from day one. I think I saw this the day it was put on shutter and ever since then, like this, to me, this is at least as good as When Evil Lurks. Maybe it's it's a very different movie. It's it's definitely more contained, not leaning on a lot of like the it's not even action, but like the moving mysticism in the second half of When Evil Lurks, but Terrified is creepy as shit.
Speaker 2: There are two specifically that really gets you.
Speaker 4: The one that everybody talks about is the dinner table scene, and it's I'm a gonna say that because you have to watch it, and it's such a wonderfully, wonderfully built up to device that he so earns the shock that you get there. And what's crazy, it's not like, you know, we just talked about Martyrs first plit. Second, it's nothing like Marders, there's nothing like Gore shock.
Speaker 2: It's just the.
Speaker 4: Actual tension and anxiety that he's built within you that dinner day will see will make you like your heart flutters if you're invested in this film.
Speaker 2: The other thing I really love about this movie is in.
Speaker 4: The second half of the film, it starts to get this awkward, surreal vibe going on that doesn't happen in a lot of films, especially in the US. And because it's this Argentinian, really great sort of like very unique take on this mythological sort of MYSTICI I don't know the best way to say that, but it's.
Speaker 2: Like a very spiritual movie at the end of it.
Speaker 4: I think that they they approach this movie with with the way that gives it just this great dignity and a very unique feeling. It does not feel like an American film in any sense of that.
Speaker 3: I've actually not seen it. Yeah, being the person who does all the shutter stuff, so it was on Shutter before I started getting screeners and doing reviews.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: So there were a few movies that, like, I never found myself going back to take care of them. I did want to, but I just got wrapped up with other stuff. But it's been on my list. I have seen the clip of the dinner table scene you were talking about, though, and it was masterfully done, and even outside of the context of the whole film, it had a lot of impact for when I saw it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, one more scene that I really wanted to shout out is there's this one thing where this couple is looking across the street through the curtains of their window, and it's one of those things like we see in a lot of American horror movies where they do like the mirror trick where they show you a mirror and some like empty scene and so you're blatantly thinking, oh, when they close the mir or something's going to be there, and it's not. But they do like the violin strike to scare you, which is so dumb. This way that they keep approaching the window is such a I don't know, it's just this this unique way to like cause dread in a viewer that is truly invested in the film, and it shows just getting getting immersed in this movie, in these movies will cause you so much more joy, like dropping your phone, seeing these in a theater when possible, doing something to be able to make these just your sole focus.
Speaker 2: It makes these movies so much better.
Speaker 3: Agreed, definitely, all right, what do we got from you?
Speaker 2: Number five?
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's you don't want to do more honorable mentions.
Speaker 2: I'll bring up a couple at the end. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to cross everything on your list. So just in case you're going to.
Speaker 3: Say, okay, so getting to my actual top five list of the most underrated, My number five is The Headhunter. Now, this one is extremely low budget. It's basically about a it's like medieval setting, but it's kind of like fantastical where it's this guy who literally is a headhunter who kind of goes out for his kingdom that he's a servant of killing creatures, killing like these mythological creatures. There's no dialogue whatsoever. The sound design is great because obviously it sticks out with no dialogue. It shot really well. It's very like kind of bleak looking. There is an interesting like undercurrent of a story there, and it's amazing what was able to be pulled off with like no budget. I actually had the honor of hosting a watch party and the filmmakers Kevin Stewart and Jordan Downey actually attended and talked about the film with us, which was super cool. Which by the way, they did, ThanksKilling for if people wanted a reference for other stuff, they did. But also a segment and Downy did a segment in the most recent VHS that Shutter put out as well. That was the best one of that group, honestly. But yeah, Headhunters so good, so good, so unbelievably underrated anyone I talked to, no one's even heard of it. If you got to check it out, it's free on Fandango at home right now.
Speaker 2: I've never used Fandago at home to stream. That sounds fantastic. I didn't know they had so much available that is like that they did.
Speaker 4: This did get a Blu ray release over in the UK from One on one Films did do you know did it get one in the States.
Speaker 3: I think it did. I remember seeing a physical release of it at some point somewhere.
Speaker 4: It looks like you got a German release maybe and the UK release and that is it. But the UK release is really good. I wanted to look this up because I remember this being short, but I how short. It's seventy three minutes. This movie is really good. This was on my Honorable Mentions list, so it's kind of perfect because this is another one of those movies that you can just tell looking at this they didn't have to have a budget for this.
Speaker 2: They they do so much.
Speaker 4: With so little for this, and there's so little dialogue and it's literally just this incredible world that they create visually that you immediately get lost in and I feel like hardly anybody has seen it.
Speaker 2: Noodles.
Speaker 4: The title is The Headhunter and this is from Oh gosh, I forgot what this was like twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Twenty nineteen. Yeah, sounds about right.
Speaker 2: Very very good.
Speaker 4: And the One on one Film's release I believe is still in print and it's a solid disc. I know One on one Films has kind of hit or miss, but it's one that I had to get from them. I've got it right up there. It's it's genuinely a great movie and for sure worth watching. And the hard part is again it's short and it's not a lot of dialogue, So it's another one that you kind of got to force yourself to put the phone down and really immerse yourself in because without the dialogue, it's easy.
Speaker 2: To get lost. But it's rewarding, it's you'll you'll appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And that ending. Yeah, I did not see the ending coming and it was. It's it's a good ending, so satisfying.
Speaker 4: My next one, I was going to ask you, hoping that you are the expert on this one. Uh, the movie is The Furies? Is this a shut Is this a Shutter original.
Speaker 3: Or I think it is. I think it was an original that was towards the beginning of when I started covering these things.
Speaker 4: So this is not appearing on lists when I find like the list of Shutter originals, But the blubray release says a Shutter exclusive, so it's got to be one of the ones that they distribute something. No, it definitely is, because I remember getting a screener for it and reviewing it. Uh, yeah, The Furies is one. This was on my list because we're talking primarily about under rated. This is this is not going to be like the best film on my list tonight because there's a lot of problems with this movie, however, very underrated because the story here is compelling, the writing is pretty good, the acting leaves a little bit to be desired, and unfortunately, because of the budget for this film, some of the effects are going to take you out of it in a couple of the scenes.
Speaker 2: That being said, this is a damn fun movie.
Speaker 4: This is about a woman that gets kidnapped and she wakes up in this I don't even know what to call it, like this area.
Speaker 3: And like desert, like a desert but with trees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how to describe this. It is essentially a game where she is being hunted by these mass dudes and then finds out that she's not alone. There are other people being hunted as well. There are some gnarly deaths. There are some really intense scenes of like cat and mouse type of running. It's it's a very good movie and I feel like it came out it got a lot of talk for like a week, and then everybody forgot it existed. The Furies is quite good, deserves a watch. It is a lot of fun and I know that things like batle Real and the Hunger Games and all these other things that are sort of similar but not not at all like the Furies at the end of the day sort of you know, cast a large shadow over this movie. This is very unique and because of the budget, it's gonna get forgotten, which really sucks because it deserves to be seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I agree, it's pretty solid. I again, not like a great, great film, but it's definitely one of those films that you should give it a shot just because of effort that went into it. And like you said, there are some pretty gnarly kills in it. It's kind of one of those ones. Maybe put it on watch with like a buddy or like have it on when you're doing something else in the background, you know, one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good time. Next up for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So my number four is still available on shutter right now. I don't think anywhere else. This is gwar. It is a documentary. Scott. Shout out to Scott Barber, the guy who made this documentary, because when I put my review up, he actually commented on it and thanked me for the review, which was very nice of him. He definitely did not have to do that. Phenomenal documentary. And I'm not even like a big Guar fan or anything, but if you have like a modicum of interest in the band gwar, like just want to know what they're about, You've got to watch this documentary. It is so engaging, It is so interesting. The story of Guar and who they are and where they come from and how they're still existing is just very, very engaging, and it's told in a masterful way through the documentary. So cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 4: This is the great version of a music documentary where you could literally know nothing about the group that they are covering and still walk away from the documentary going that was a very compelling watch and honestly may not even be driven to check out the music, but still feel fulfilled. It is truly an enjoyable, enjoyable conversation the entire time. The work put into this, you can tell is pretty exhaustive. From what I remember, I think there's a couple fairly big Gar stories that people were kind of upset that weren't covered in the docum very much. But other than that, I mean, I wouldn't know that those were missing because I'm not a huge Gar fan, but I understand if you're super into Gar and walk away feeling like some things are missing. That being said, great stories. What this really made me want is some of the old GUAR movies put on physical media that will never come out.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 4: I think this is a blast, And yeah, definitely made me fall more in adoration and with some of the people that have been associated with Guar over the years, for sure.
Speaker 2: And I mean if your only.
Speaker 4: Influence from Gwar has been like the Joe Lynch and Adam Green side of things, because Gwar has been attached to them obviously for years, then you'll probably even still really appreciate this because they definitely focus on that side of.
Speaker 2: Things for sure.
Speaker 3: And for me watching it plot twist weird. Al Yankovic is interviewed in it, I was just like, what I love, We're it out?
Speaker 2: I do as well.
Speaker 4: So I'm in just a few years ago here in Kansas City. So incredible show, So good you went.
Speaker 2: With the documentary.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna move one of mine up so that we can talk about docs for a minute. And this is one that people are probably gonna scoff at this being called underrated, but I think this is one of the best things that Shutters has Shutters Shutter has ever made in house, and I think it's one of the more almost like required viewings from Shutter, and people still don't treat it as such, and so I really wanted to give a minute to horror noir. This is a documentary on the history excuse me, the history of black horror. And we get so many people that have been immersed in the scene for decades. I mean, you get stories from the set of classic films, You get stories of how people were treated behind the scenes, you get stories about how audiences were impacted by some of these films, finally getting representation, and they it's not just surface level stuff with black horror. I mean, it could have been forty five minutes about Get Out and forty five minutes of Circle jerking around night at a Living Dead, and it's not that.
Speaker 2: They truly like.
Speaker 4: You get a lot of love for Ganja and Hess, you get a lot of love for even like things that most of us know are incredible and like canon titles that you have to watch, like Tales from the Crypt, which obviously is a super influential title, but you get stuff behind the scenes of those things that we've never heard from you get people that made those films, that were in those films, that were influenced by those films to make their own films. And I think it's one of the more compelling watches of the documentaries that Shutters made. And they've made quite a few in house, and some fall a little flat. Some are a little on the I don't know, like hysterical side where they're trying to conjure more of a story than is actually a story behind some of the docks. But this is this is one of those ones where I can almost see like a really great sequel happening to this and just going through like the real deep indie horse side of black horror.
Speaker 2: And it's great. Everybody should watch. This is incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I will say that there are a lot of portions where they're talking to Tanana Reeve Do and I could listen to her talk about horror all day, Yeah, all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, Ernest Dickerson is great in this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yes, it is.
Speaker 4: There's so many faces in this that immediately I'm like, God, I just want to take you for a coffee and then not like leave for four hours and make you tell me stories.
Speaker 3: Agreed.
Speaker 4: All right, Uh, since uh I listed one of mine earlier, why don't you do two in.
Speaker 2: A row now?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: My number three? Also still available on Shutter is an Indonesian film in Pedigore Nice Joko, an war film. So if anyone seems like Satan's Slaves or Satan Slaves Communion, or there were some other ones that I'm probably missing at the moment, im Pedigore is really good. So the way it starts out, it's a woman who's just working her job and some guy comes to try and kill her, who she doesn't even know who he is. Then there's something discovered on her person that creates a little bit of mystery. So she basically goes to a town to try and find out who she actually is. You know, who am I really type thing? And the town is kind of weird and it's very remote and things don't feel right, and you think you might know where this film is going, but you don't know where this film is going. And I was it's one of those films where at the end of it, when I first watched it, my jaw was on the floor. During one particular scene where it reveals some stuff, you definitely don't think is going to be revealed that kind of changes everything. And it's a shocking film. It's extremely well shot, it's extremely well acted. I don't know like anyone who's seen it pretty much except for people I told to watch it or made watch it, So you gotta check out. In Pedigor, Oh, Queen of Black Magic is another film that Joko on Where was involved with. He didn't direct that one, but phenomenal filmmaker, like he is like a very uh well thought of filmmaker in Indonesia, and you can see why with these films.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is great. I will happily.
Speaker 4: Uh one of my long list of honorable mentions with Satan Slaves Joco is. I mean, he's one of those tour directors where you can tell he's very much got a style and uh, you can't really go wrong watching one of his films. So yeah, yeah, and Pedigor is great. Also had a disc release.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I have that.
Speaker 3: It's possible.
Speaker 2: It's bad that I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in Pedagor, Yeah, it's got that's right, because it's got the the eyeball cover, yes, the dripping eyes whatever, It's on sale on Amazon right now for twelve bucks. So if you are curious about this, that's a great look at disc for twelve bucks.
Speaker 3: Or if you have Shutter, it's still there.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Oh Josh met Joco met him in an elevator in Korea before a screening of Sitting.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I hope he was. I hope he was as nice as I want him to be because his filmmaking is unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: All right, sir, you're number two, all.
Speaker 3: Right, my number two. I believe this is a finish film. It is Dogs Don't Wear Pants And this one is still on shutter. Oh is this on your list too?
Speaker 4: On honorable mention I've talked about before, so I didn't want to go too in depth about it.
Speaker 2: But incredible. This is such an underrated movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this one, this one really gave me a lot of feels. To be honest, It made me feel good in the end of the film. It made me feel vulnerable, emotional, bad at times. But it's basically about a guy who loses his wife in a drowning accident in the beginning, and it's about the fallout after that. Of him not feeling like he even knows who he is anymore, like what his life should be. And he has a daughter, so you know that relationship isn't working out too well at that point. But then he meets a dominatrix, and through the relationship he forges with this dominatrix in a very dominatrix way, he finds himself basically and finds what he needs in life, and it becomes kind of touching in a really messed up way. But there is a scene in this film in particular that speaks to if you let certain scenes just breathe just go on a little bit longer, it'll hit a different way. And it's a scene it's very early on. It's after he, you know, some time after he had lost his wife. He's in the bedroom, laying on the bed and he's masturbating with his wife's underwear on his face. And at first it just looks so goofy and funny, and it's like, oh, dude, there's this dude whacking off with underwear on his face. But then they stick with it and then he starts breaking down and crying and then you're like, oh my gosh, no, this is so sad, like he misses her. He's trying to like still have some like bit of her around, like and he just can't. Like it's just it's too much, I mean powerful filmmaking, honestly.
Speaker 2: So I love this movie.
Speaker 4: This was on my honorable mention list, like I said, But the big thing I think that's a problem here is that the dominatrix aspect of the story is like the main thing that the marketing for this film has always focused on. And we are in a very weird time in the last five seven years where we are seeing especially younger filmmakers get more and more prudish, which I don't understand in a way, but also really sucks because stuff like this that you know, like sexploitation films used to exist because you could sell out theaters by simply saying this is a sex film. And funny enough, like a third of the time there wasn't sex and the sex film, which they weren't sex films, but this movie is. It's kind of the opposite side of that, Like, yeah, there is this seedy nature to some of the things that we're talking about, but it's also just like real life aspect of people being into these things, and I think there's a lot of people that have been turned off simply by the poster or the crew or the synopsis, and when you know, I don't want to watch that, and if they did, they would probably love this fucking movie because it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't remember if I first saw that that was not a word, ORST saw this on shutter or I think the way I first originally found it was it was actually released on Blu Ray in the UK first by Anti Worlds, which is essentially a sister company of Indicator, and they do mostly modern films, and they released this and I was the opp away because at heart of a freak, I guess I just showed Nakatsu titles and stuff. I saw this one, Oh, I have to watch this like any company willing to put out a new film that this is the marketing is one that I want to support, and then fell in love with the emotional aspect of this film. It is such a I don't know, it's a weird reverse take on like the history of sexploitation, where it sure it's one of the main reasons that I was interested in supporting it, but then it was the opposite that won me over. It was everything about this that was just so tender that I appreciated, And as somebody that is very happily married to a woman that I've loved for most of my life, I you know, could not possibly express how much this movie hurts to like the you know, relevant in your life and put yourself in somebody else's shoes and find that empathy machine that that Ebert so famously referenced. This movie's a masterpiece and doesn't get talked about enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah and yeah to kind of what you were saying. Like, for me, the biggest strength of this film is turning out to be something I didn't expect it to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh says, I had to buy the US DVD of Dogs Don't Wear Pants because I had a quote from my review on the cover that isn't on any other edition.
Speaker 2: Nice, I mean, yeah, you should have that, Josh. Good job.
Speaker 4: That's not vain, that's just pride. So my number two this is noodles. I've wanted to do this for so long, but it takes so much to prepare to be able to show a poster of each of the movies. My number two is a weird one because just like the Furies. This is not one that I even now think about as loving. But I think this movie took such a unique swing that I don't even remember people talking about this movie when I first got released, and I hope you liked it. Twenty nineteen saw.
Speaker 2: The release of The Beach House.
Speaker 4: This movie is so interesting because it's not I don't know, there's nothing like majorly compelling about the story. The acting is not like the best you've ever seen, the script is not astounding, but there is specifically this chunk of the film that is so surreal and unique in the way that they show it visually that I knew I had to put this on the list as well. It's one of those that I will attest that when I first started this film, I was not fully engaged in it, and when this scene happened, it was one of those put everything down and sit forward and just let it wash over you moments that I will probably never forget that about this movie, which is saying a lot.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I mentioned a few minutes ago that Shutter has done so many films that I just watch and then forget immediately.
Speaker 2: This was not one of those movies.
Speaker 4: And again I don't even love it, but it will stick with me for so long because that one specific chunk of the film I don't know that I've seen much like it, Like it felt like it got very like color out of Space for ample minus with this film. And I love that side of the Lovecraft world that not a lot of people can grasp visually, and the filmmaker's behind this truly did a wonderful job with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of pin this as like low budget love Craft, and the scene with the foot in particular like really kind of hit people for anyone who watched it. And it's really funny because leading up to this, when I was working on my list, I was talking to my best friend and he was like, I told him what the topic was, and he goes like, are you gonna put on the Beach House? And I was just like no, because I didn't love it that much. But yes, it is underrated and pretty solid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even if you're only seeing it to appreciate that it's not a scene, I guess it's like I don't even remember how long it was because I was lost in it. But yeah, the movie's not amazing and you're not gonna after it, sit down and go, dang, this is a four an AFTAR film or anything, but you're going to really appreciate the filmmaking style there, all right, most underrated film on your list, sir.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's another documentary. It is free right now on TV and Pluto TV, so you can check it out there. And it is Scream Queen My Nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 2: Such a good doc very.
Speaker 3: Important viewing in my opinion. It's it's the documentary about Nightmare on Elm Street Too that everyone hated because it was too gay, But it was about about Mark Patten, who starred in it, and how it kind of really ruined his life, but then how he grew to reclaim his life and confronting people involved in you know, making the film what it was without telling people what it was supposed to be and putting him in a really awkward and tough, like life threatening situation. Really, it's very emotional. I cried watching this documentary like a few times. But it's very well put together. It's a very emotional and educational viewing, and it changes the context of what the film itself is. Night Mare and Elm Street too. Another thing I need to throw in here tied to this, and I didn't choose it as my number one because of this. But Mark Patton is currently going through a lot of health issues and there is a go fund me that is up that I think his sister put up for him that if you feel like you have some extra change to throw that way, you can just google Mark Patten go fundme. It'll come up pretty quickly. So yeah, but definitely watch the documentary. Definitely.
Speaker 4: So yes, this documentary is a masterpiece and incredibly important. One of the things that I really wanted to point out here, which not a lot of people are probably gonna love to hear. Actually, if you've been immersed in like the horror scene for years, I think this is required viewing for anybody that loves horror and goes to like conventions and stuff, because it sort of it sort of reveals that underneath a very on the surface accepting pool of people that's all about the like, we're all different and unique and we just want the weirdos to come in and love it. Horror historically, at its core, has been controlled by a lot of people that are homophobic, that are racists, that are very sexist, and this documentary has perfectly shown how that mindset can literally ruin somebody's life in a movie that should have been beloved. And I've loved Nightmare Elm Street two the entire time. I think it's got some of the more out there visuals from this franchise.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: I think this is other than the incredible Never Sleep Again. This is the only other part that should be required viewing with somebody that is like discovering a Nightmare on Elm Street before. But the worst part about this is the hypocrisy behind the scene that this really shines a light on, because people just being flippant about certain things have literally ruined a man's career that he had a lot of potential in so many different fields, and he wouldn't be in this dire situation possibly that he is in now if he had lived a completely different life following this film, and that is depressing and really telling about why the country is in this political situation that we've been in over the last few years. Because most of these niche within a niche groups that we find ourselves in. Many of us love a certain genre and we find friends or physical media and we get into these sure on the surface, they're really great. But then a lot of these small groups have really terrible people at the heart of it. And that's why things like the Me Too movement are so fucking important because it totally puts the spotlight on the terrible behavior to root it out so that we don't have to have that ruining things from the inside out, which is where things like a Nightmare on Elm Street two have been just completely tarnished by a reputation that never should have existed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed. And if people want to see a later acting role of Mark Patten that was only a few years ago, the film Swallowed. It's not a great it might still be on shutter. Actually it's not a great film, but Mark Patten's role in it, Yeah, in so enjoyable. What Mark Patten does. Mark Patten is the reason to watch that film straight up, because just you could tell he was having a great time with that role and it's yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: So this feels a little underwhelming following all of that. But my most underrated film. I feel like the people that are super deep into horror know all about this, but the people that are like, I'm going to see what it's recommended to me on Netflix today and call of today, because that's the best thing I'll see. That crowd is not watching this and that sucks. And this is an obvious choice. Most of you have probably seen it, but I just really want to keep a ton of praise on what is sadly completely underrated twenty twenty two's original Speak No Evil.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 4: This is a movie that got a US remake last year starring James McVoy that I'm gonna be honest, it surprised me that I liked it as much.
Speaker 2: As I did.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: McAvoy is incredible in it. The ending has no teeth, but we knew it wasn't going to. The sad reality is it didn't need to exist. This film is astonishing in what it pulls off, again with a film that pretty much needed no budget. They just needed a couple fun locations and a really great script. This is a film that is a fairly unique story about a family going on vacation. They make friends with another family and they get invited to this random place in the middle of nowhere, and because they are now placed in a vulnerable situation, they get screwed in a lot of different ways. Because they keep trying to please the people they're with. And there's a couple situations in this movie that are so relatable that it hurts when it comes to somebody that is a natural people pleaser. One of them in this film in particular, that I don't believe was in the remake because I don't remember it being there is the adults go on a dinner date with the hosts and there's a portion where they are turning the radio up too loud, and the couple that is staying with this couple just sort of deals with it, even though they're very uncomfortable by that. That alone shows the host family you can do whatever the fuck you want because they're not gonna be able to say no to them. This has one of the just most I don't really want to say out of nowhere, because the film itself overall is pretty intentional with the way that they display certain things, but the ending is still shocking and take things up a notch that is again completely unexpected for what is essentially politeness a tragedy the movie, and uh yeah, I still like I will never forget the first time I watched that movie and the ending just let me slack job and completely like, holy fuck, if this was a film from the US, they never would have been able to do this. And then that got proven right like the remake, if you wanted to remake this, you had to have an identical ending to make it just as shocking, and instead they did the cliche like there's a couple fires around the area and we're rescuing somebody from a poll a bullshit that shouldn't have existed, and all of the bite of the first film, pun intended, is lost, and goddamn, the end of that first movie will leave you just completely, I don't know, you feel so depressed after you get done with this movie in a very good way, that yeah, this is completely underrated, and people that have never seen this because it's a foreign film, or never seen this because there's.
Speaker 2: A US remake, I can just watch that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, will only depress me, probably even more than the ending of the original, which is shocking, because it's really depressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I did quite like this film the original, and I also did like, to a certain degree, the remake. I actually saw the remake at a drive in theater. It was the second feature after the original PHANFASM Yes.
Speaker 2: And so fun night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good night. So my wife, who's not in horror but was with me, she stayed up through Phantasm and she's like, I'm going to go to sleep for Speak No Evil. But she started watching it and she couldn't go to sleep because it was so riveting, and she was like, oh, so she I had told her ahead of time that like, this is a remake. I saw the remake. It was on shutter and I said, going into Hi'm like, I guarantee the ending is not going to be the same because they would never, ever, ever ever do this ending in the United States.
Speaker 4: Especially James macavoy. If it was like a no name actor, there might have been a small chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So throughout the movie, she kept asking me, was that in the in the original? Was that in the original? And then at the end after it was done, and she was like, oh that was good. We're driving away and I was telling her, Okay, well this is what the actual ending was, and she was like, oh, I'm glad it wasn't that, and I was just like, I was like, it's so bleak. Yeah. But like, like I explained to her, what I like in films is when the film makes me feel things I don't want to feel, Yes, because that it's uncomfortable and it challenges you, and it shows you that the filmmaker knows how to manipulate your emotions, which is what filmmaking should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, it sounds weird to call this one underrated, but I feel like it's still somehow just underseen. And I guess maybe that's a weird distinguishing word to make here, because it's for most people that have seen it, it is pretty highly lauded, but the vast majority of people just have never given it an opportunity for a multitude of reasons. The reality is Dutch films like this rarely get proper distribution, and we're lucky that this was on Shutter. This still does not have an English friendly High Death release.
Speaker 2: I think it has an.
Speaker 4: English friendly DVD overseas if I remember right. But like, this is a movie that deserves to be seen in HD and properly, you know, subtitled with like a couple extras to give it some context and explain the tension behind this movie and the unnecessary just feelings that when you watch this movie you feel disgusting in a couple of scenes and wonder why that you are the way that you are. Yeah, Yeah, any other shutter titles you want to throw out?
Speaker 3: No, but I thought you had maybe a few more on.
Speaker 4: I do have a couple others, and I'll pull up a couple here. And of course I closed the tab right before one. One big one that is about to get some more praise that I think is probably a little less underrated, which is why I didn't make the full list. But Hellbender, I really loved it. Is from the Adams family. They've done a hand on more than a handful now, they've done like nine or ten films together or something like that. I think it's very good about to get a really great looking arrow release. I had to pre order this one because I love a really good witchy story and this is another group that kind of like I did with two or three of mine tonight, I highlighted the fact that low budget doesn't have to mean low and I feel like the Adams family is like the definition of doing that with every single project they touch.
Speaker 2: This is good stuff.
Speaker 4: If you like which movies, Hellbender is a must, you will probably appreciate it. Another one, and I've named probably three or four others so this is probably five, so I'll stop here. But Scare Me is another one that didn't get a lot of attention. I you know, having interviewed for the channel Josh Rubin, this is one of the things that I saw because it had Josh Ruben attached to it, and I expected it to be pretty bad, and it surprised me.
Speaker 2: It is not terrible.
Speaker 4: It certainly isn't the highest quality thing the Shutters ever put out by a country mile, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's a good time.
Speaker 4: And another one that I feel like gets unnecessary hate, So I think kind of falls squarely in the underrated category on this one.
Speaker 3: Agreed. Oh and going back to the Hellbender one, I thought I thought that was a solid film. I liked their film where the Devil Roams a lot more than I will say.
Speaker 4: I like The Deeper You Dig even more. And I don't think that one was a Shutter original, So I couldn't include that. This has been really fun. I mean, Shutters had such a deep catalog was this was tough to narrow down for me.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you had some struggle struggles on that bus too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at one point my list was like thirty five, forty movies, so I had to whittle that down. It was tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is pretty telling that you can have that many high quality releases that you can list as underrated. That you've done pretty good over the years. That being said, ten years is a long time to put stuff out, and Shutter has been mostly consistent over that time.
Speaker 2: That being said, there's been a lot.
Speaker 4: Of dogshit titles too, I will be happily honest about that.
Speaker 3: The Scary of sixty first, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Hate that movie. Absolutely hate that movie. Carlin, thanks for doing this. This has been a really fun episode.
Speaker 4: I hope people go subscribe to your channel and follow you on Letterbox.
Speaker 2: Go look up Carling Cook. Anything else you want to shout out for tonight.
Speaker 3: I do just want to say, like, if you are struggling with mental health issues, reach out to people. I like to kind of throw the stuff out there and I talk about it sometimes on my channel because I personally went through some really tough mental health struggles no surprise during COVID that's when the wheels fell off. But I then realized I had been dealing with anxiety kind of all my life to a certain degree, So you know, anxiety, depression, or whatever you're dealing with. You're not alone. You're not the only person who's ever gone through it, even though you will feel very alone at times. So definitely reach out, don't do anything drastic or anything, and let's be there to support each other. Be open to hearing from other people, checking on other people. So mental health is important.
Speaker 2: Even for the two of us.
Speaker 4: I think that we are some of the people that I would strongly recommend reaching out too. Specifically, you feel like you have nobody else seen you be responsive to other people in comments and stuff. I hope most people will understand by now that if you message me anywhere, I pretty much will always respond, sometimes shockingly fast, because I also have mental health problems and I feel like I'm letting you down if I don't. But that being said, we're all here, and I think that this community has turned into something special and I'm grateful for you being a.
Speaker 2: Part of it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me on. I was overjoyed when you asked me to be on. I really was, and I'd come back again. I would do it for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have you back. Thanks God.
Speaker 4: Now, now I'm curious what we're going to cover next time. Appreciate you, appreciate everybody watching. And yeah, look out tomorrow for Brian Usna. It's a hell of an interview. Can't wait having night. Everybody, stay safe and we'll see you in next Thursday. Thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the vi you, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 6: Tell me will Hey, This is Jason Kleeberg from The Force five podcast, a show that forces a guest to come up with a movie theme, top five list topic, and then we reveal our picks on air. Top five heist films, top five tier Jerkers, top five movie dogs. Every show you'll be asking yourself what would be on my list. Guests include directors, screenwriters, actors, podcasters, musicians, authors, and even a professional Wrestlerbscribe to the Force five podcast and you won't just be a listener, you'll be a listen nerd. The Force five podcast available wherever you are listening now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Please select the link in the description,