Speaker 1: And now your host of Dodger top Tim Kaks.
Speaker 2: That was a rough day in Philadelphia for the Dodgers as the Dodgers lose to the Phillies eight to seven. They overcome a four run deficit, but it wasn't enough as they take the lead in the top of the seventh only to give it back in the bottom of the seventh inning. Started off with a mis q and center field from Andy Pajiz and then Blake trying to did the rest as the Phillies scored two in the bottom of the seventh and they beat the Dodgers eight to seven.
Speaker 3: Full lines wide open.
Speaker 2: On this Sunday afternoon eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy Dodgers dropped two of three in Philadelphia, and think about it, both losses games in which they had self inflicted wounds during the game on Friday night three different times misques on the base pass and it cost him in the eighth and ninth inning of that game on Friday Night, and they lose to the Phillies for the first loss of the twenty twenty five season. Today, the Dodgers get five runs driven in from tae Oscar Hernandez. They put together a three run seventh inning and take a seven to sixth lead. And then in the bottom of the seventh, first batter, Bryce Harper hits a ball to center field, turns around, Andy Paez misplays the ball. It's a double because pal Has didn't touch the ball. And then a walk, and then all of a sudden, couple batters later, we find ourselves tied at seven, and then Edmund Sosa's fielders choice makes it an eight to seven game with runners on first and third. A ball hit to Max Munci. He tries for the five to four to three double play, but Sosa's too fast on a slow hitting ball down the third base line.
Speaker 3: They weren't going to get him.
Speaker 2: He beat the throw, and the go ahead run scores and the Dodgers then in the eighth and ninth goal quietly, but all before that, Tyler Glass. Now in the third inning, it starts to rain in Philadelphia, and Tyler Glass now lost his composure on the mound.
Speaker 3: Didn't have an outburst, so to speak, but he admitted it.
Speaker 2: We played this sound in this post game during the Clubouse show. He lost it mentally there and could not get his composure back and couldn't get his command back. Back to back to back walks to start the bottom of the third a bloop bay hitch, which doesn't help the cause. I mean, you're out there struggling, You're trying to find yourself, You're trying to get any kind of momentum back emotionally and mentally with the rain around you, and you're losing your composure and you can't get a grip on the ball. The game's starting to speed up on you. They tried to slow it down. Mark Pryor went out there with the trainer to see if he was okay because the velocity had gone down on his fastball, and Tyler said, no, I was fine. He just was trying to soften his plant leg on that mound and so the velocity ticked down.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're having issues on the mound.
Speaker 2: With the dirt and it started to muddy up a little bit, and you're going to the cleat, I don't even know what you want to call it there. It's to clean their cleats off. Golfers use it all the time. It's set up behind the mound, and he kept going there to clean off the bottom of his cleats, get the mud out of his cleats.
Speaker 3: Well, stop the game.
Speaker 2: Ask the home played umpire to get the grounds crew out there. Stop the game, stop the momentum one, but most importantly, get some dry dirt out there. Get the mound how you want it, in a condition that you feel good pitching in. Also ask for more rosenbags. Make sure you have dry hand in the ball you're able to get a grip on it in the moisture and the rain out there. You've got to take control of the game at that point. If you're the picture on the mound, you are in the control, leading the game.
Speaker 3: By what you do on the mound.
Speaker 2: Stop the game, get the grounds crew out there, get the game back in control, get yourself back in control, and.
Speaker 3: Get back on top of the mount.
Speaker 2: Better conditions and go out there and finish what you got yourself into. Instead, you can see the unraveling. You can see him getting flustered with the weather. It's not getting any better. Everybody's got to play through it. The hitters have had to deal with it as well. You saw Christopher Sanchez have to go out there and pitching the same conditions in the top half of the third inning and go back there in the fourth inning and pitching those same conditions. Everybody's got to play through it. You've got to suck it up. You've got to play through the conditions. And quite frankly, if you're Tyler Glass now and you're ten years into your major league career, I kind of feel like you have to be emotionally better than this. You've got to find a way to have a gut check go out there if things aren't going your way, the conditions are to ride around you. How do you control that? How do you change the narrative? Even in the rain? How do you, as a ten year veteran experience pitcher, go out there in the third inning get into some trouble? The mound isn't how you want. The conditions are certainly not what anybody wants out there. They're not gonna stop the game for a rain delay. Clearly they were gonna play through this thirty minute a window of soft, heavy, soft, missed rain in Philadelphia. How do you get through this? How do you overcome this? Things start to go bad? Walk walk walk, Okay, stop the game, stop the momentum, gut check time, and he lost it, and he said, he's got to be better next time around.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, is it asking a lot out.
Speaker 2: Of a guy who's been pitching a decade in the major leagues to have this kind of instant on the mount If they're a young pitcher and the game speeds up on you and things get a little out of her, out of control, I can see that you're inexperience. The moment's too big, The moment sneaks up on you, the conditions are right hey, and you lose it. Hey, it happens. It happens to everybody. I'm just surprised that happened to a guy like Tyler glassnow a veteran, But I guess it did, and it affected him. He said it point blank after the game. The conditions, everything rattled him and he couldn't get his emotions back in check and lost it out there on the mound with four walks in the inning. And then Alex Vessi comes in, and we're gonna get to your phone calls in just a second. Alex Vessi comes in. The first pitch he throws to Nick Costianos with the bases loaded, is an eighty nine mile an hour fastball who Costianos turns it around and crushes it for a grand slam to put an exclamation point on a six run third inning against the Dodgers. Now love alex Vesia. Alex Vesia threw one pitch over ninety one miles an hour. I believe in that inning he.
Speaker 3: Just did not have that.
Speaker 2: Ninety three ninety four ninety five mile an hour fastball today, not blown to by anybody. Didn't have that pinpoint control. And granted, he was thrown into a really tough situation, so I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's out there. He's thrown into a tough situation. We've seen him get out of tough situations before. But you're coming in rainy weather, third inning, bases loaded, the guy in front of you just unraveled, and you come in there. In the first pitch, the guy turns around for a grand slam. To VESSI his credit, he did get a fly ball out, a ground ball, then a couple more flyouts to the second word.
Speaker 3: They hit in the shortstop in shallow left field. So hey, he got out of that inning. He worked through the conditions.
Speaker 2: Despite giving up the grand slam on the first pitch, that he threw, but again just surprised to see the conditions get to Tyler Glass now as much as it did. Rick Monday talked about it on the broadcast. You got to stop the game, you gotta.
Speaker 3: You've got to.
Speaker 2: Take control of the mound. You're the pitcher, you're in control. We're following your lead. You're dictating how things you're going, and certainly with the pitch clock the game, that's not going to stop for you. So if the game's speeding up and emotionally you're starting to get on rap, the weather stinks out there, all the conditions are not your favor. Okay, the pitch clock's not gonna help you. Because the game's just gonna keep going. You've got to somehow pause the game. Mark Pryor went out to stop that, and he did a great job slowing the game down. But if the mound conditions aren't right, again, got to take control that as the starting pitch out there, A veteran pitcher in this league for a decade. Now go out there, take control, say no, no, fix this, take care of this mound. Give me something else I can brush my cleats on, because this doesn't work. I need something thicker. I need to get this mud out of my cleats. It's not working. Give me a different rose of back, give me two more of these, because these things aren't working. They went out there in between the top and bottom of the third for Sanchez and put some dry dirt out there and looked like they put a new I don't even know what you want to call it, a something to clean the bottom of your cleats.
Speaker 3: They put a new one out there for Sanchez.
Speaker 2: You could have asked for it during the top half of the third, any So that's my point. Rick Monday alluded to it, and he's absolutely right. Take control of the game out there as the starting pitcher. It got away from Tyler Glass Now, he admitted in the postgame show, said he hopes he doesn't happen again to him. I'm just surprised that happened to a veteran like that and speeding up on him. Dodgers Dote come back with three runs in the seventh and only to give it back with a Andy Pojz miss c.
Speaker 3: And center field.
Speaker 2: That kind of opened the door for the Phillies, who took advantage of that miscue to their credit. When you open the door for somebody just a little to come back late in the game. The Dodgers have done it to so many teams. It got done today to them with Blake trying it on the mound to walk after the double and the Dodgers can't get out of that any before giving up two runs and the go ahead run on the fielder's choice, and the Phillies win it eight to seven, eight six six, nine, eight seven two five seventy. Squad to the phones, Justin and Santa Monica start things off here on this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Justin, I'm doing good.
Speaker 4: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 5: So you know, yeah, looking past with with Tyler today, I mean, we just got Jerry and Andy Poez. He's got one for twenty. Clearly he sees the problems with his defense in this game. There's problems in the Atlanta game. I mean, I'm up for Dave Roberts giving people a little bit of loot lie here, but at this point, I think it's time to bring up here Tom Kim or at the very least put Edmund in center field. You got to get him out of rotation, send him down, let him reset. I think the game is just going way, way too fast for him. And then another thing too, is like going the defense. I mean, I don't want to say of her becoming a Yankees part two so far, but our defense has been a problem. And Munchy had a double play ball come to him. Should have charged that ball to get it a little bit quicker so we could have gotten the double play.
Speaker 2: I would have gone home with it, just I would have charged that ball and gone home with it. He had a step back and let the ball come to him, and with Sosa who's fast down the line, it was going to be a bang, bang play for the Dodgers to get that double play and get out of the ending without the run coming across.
Speaker 3: It's a spit second decision, I get it.
Speaker 2: But the way the ball was hit, the way he feeled it, I felt it was better to go home and get the out at home to prevent the tying run or to go ahead run.
Speaker 5: I'm perfect well either way, there could have been a better decision or better play on the ball.
Speaker 6: Monthly again, just he doesn't.
Speaker 7: Have the edge.
Speaker 5: But the other thing, I also want to give some you know, I know there was a lot of walk today Wend.
Speaker 8: They'll stare at behind home plate.
Speaker 4: Just squeezing us a lot of time.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, there's a lot of pitches that we should have gotten we didn't get. But I also think it's like, bring up Rushing. I'm like, what are we doing with this kid? He's just crushing it down there?
Speaker 3: Where's he gonna play?
Speaker 5: Though, gotta be the odd man out?
Speaker 3: Where's he gonna play? Where is Dalton Rushing gonna play? That's the problem.
Speaker 8: You got.
Speaker 5: Put him and left Would you rather have Rushing or Conforto?
Speaker 2: Canfordo rushing experiment left field did not work last year in Triple A. They are now committed to him playing catcher in first base a little bit of the time, but back to being a full time catcher, and Will Smith is a starting catcher for the Dodgers for the next nine years. Yeah, I know, so, yeah, I appreciate justin thanks for checking in eight six, six, nine eighty seven, seventy eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. You bring up Heisung Kim and what he's done in the minor leagues. He's gotten off to a great start in Triple A Oklahoma City. But I go back to you know, the fact that he struggled in the spring in Arizona. It was good for him to go to Triple A, Oklahoma City and get his bearings, so to speak, here in the United States as coming over and playing from South Korea. Maybe two or three weeks now in Triple A he's figured it out. He's got into that routine now as a professional baseball player, and maybe it's time to bring up Heih sung Kim. Maybe it's time to bring him up and have him play second base and move Tommy Edmond out to center field where we know he can play center field. Andy Pott has just struggling at the plate and his defense. He had a botch play in center field on the last home stand against the Braves that opened the door when Blake Snell was pitching. And today a miss c in center field. You give a team just a little bit, you give him a little bit of an opening. Especially Bryce Harper hits a laserer center field and you miss play a ball that you've got to catch as a big leaguer. Now that door is open and the Phillies walk right through it, and they scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning and they go on and win it by final of eight to seven eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Bob and Malibu's next up here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Bob, I'm doing good, Tim.
Speaker 1: How are you today doing good?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: Happy to hear it, you know, man, all you could say about you know, a couple of the bad things that happened today, fine, but I really want to just point out how great Jack Dryer looks out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're lucky to have this kid on the mouth.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: I mean, he goes too straight clean. He gets into a little trouble with two walks in that last inning he pitched, but still he looks sharp. He comes out of the pull the pin every time we're ready to go. He's really been a great asset for the bullpen this year, man, So I really just wanted to say, great job of that kid. You can knock the team all you want today, but the truth of it is is it still fought back from.
Speaker 6: Six to two deficits.
Speaker 7: It was a hard fought battle. Hate to see him drop it in the end, but you know what, I can stand losing eight to seven. I can't stand losing six to.
Speaker 3: Two, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, Bob, to keep things going. Paul and Huntington Beach. Next up here on postgame Dodge Talk, Dodgers lose to the Phillies eight seven and Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Paul, Very good, tim Thanks Bud. Listen. Man, like the Taias experiment, I don't want to say it's over, but that dude, it's not even it's the base running, it's the defense. And he's not giving you anything with the stick right now. He's simply not good enough to be on this team. Not to say the talent isn't there, and maybe the guy can figure it out, but he's killing us and he's opening the door. Like you said, he opened the door for in Atlanta. Against Atlanta, he opened the door here in Philadelphia. He's running into outs on the bases. He's a deer in headlights. And again, the talent's there, that's not the point. The point is he's just simply not a good enough baseball player to be center field of this Dodgers team in twenty twenty five right now. I mean and and by the way, look we love Munsey, right Munsey's a long time Dodger a lot of big moments, and we want to ride that guy out. But at the end of the day, like he has a lot of experience at first base, I know you don't want to necessarily take him off of third and because he's trying to work him into the being a big league third baseman. And by the way, I had a good year last year, but why not flip he and Kyk. You flip He and Kyk and all of a sudden, your defense is increased substantially right then and there. Not to mention bringing up Kim and moving Pies on all that stuff, but just that simple fix shores up a lot of the defense. But again, I hope Pies can figure it out. But this is just simply not working right now. And this look the rest of the National League West. I know I got a jump, but the rest of the National League West is really, really good. You're not gonna win the division in April. I'm not suggesting the Dodgers are, you know, danger of losing the division. But you lose games like this, it can bite you in the back end. You know later in the season, no doubt, But hey, have a good weekend. We'll see you dude.
Speaker 2: All right, Paul, appreciate it. Just to follow up what you were saying about Flip Key k and MAXI Munsey. I know David Veasse talked about this, I think yesterday on Dodger Talk. You have Freddie Freeman coming back. Yeah, he tweeked his ankle. This was more of a precautionary ill stint, just to get him off his feed. Let him go on the East Coast road trip, come back, and Freddie's ready to go when they take on the Cubs next Friday at Dodger Stadium. It's not like it's a season ending thing. It's not like long term injury for Freddie Freeman. So you have to kind of figure out, all right, what are we going to do for the next three months, What are we going to do for the rest of twenty twenty five? No, what are we gonna do for a week' that's the issue for the Dodgers right now. Thankfully, Freddie will be back in months. He'll be back at third, So you don't want to go start changing things. Put Max over at first, Kiki over at third for six games. It just doesn't make sense. So I understand why they're doing it right now. It's because Freddy's hurt and key k you know what, plays are really good. First base didn't make a pick against the Braves the other night, but you know what, it was a tough play at first on a short hop.
Speaker 3: But today we made a great double play.
Speaker 2: When Garcia was out there in the eighth inning, he had the bases loaded, one out, ball hit to him at first on the bag, throws home to Will Smith, who puts on the tag for the third out of the inning.
Speaker 3: Nice play.
Speaker 2: Early in the game, he had a nice ball hit to him, steps on first, throws to Mookie Bets at second, who needs to put the tag on the runner to get the second out. Mookie takes his eye off the ball and it goes off his glove and the runner is safe at second.
Speaker 3: Wasn't key Ky's fault. He made a nice play there at first base.
Speaker 2: So I don't have an issue with with with Kei k a Hernantez is doing at first base. Certainly, Andy pat Has in defense in center field is gotta be better. The base running has bitten the Dodgers already a couple of times now by Andy poe Has and the fact that he's hitting now under one twenty in the ninth spot is certainly a glaring issue for the Dodgers, so I don't know if Haisung Kim is the answer. He's off to a really good start in Triple A Oklahoma City. He can come up play second base like he was signed to do out of South Korea and put Tommy Immit in center field. It's certainly an option, but I don't know if they're really willing to make that move right now. Maybe Haisung Kim needs another week or two a seasoning in Triple A.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two, five seventy. We'll take a quick time out, We'll come back. We'll get to more of your phone calls. It was a motial check in as well. Tough one for the Dodgers today. Down six to two, come back, take the lead in the top of the seventh, only to give it back in the bottom of the seventh with two runs from the Phillies. They win it eight to seven over the Dodgers hostgame. Dodger Talk continues here on a FI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks for being with us, AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things.
Speaker 1: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 3: Come find it.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Pitch to the Oscar swings hits it a long way down the right field line toward the pole. It is off the pole for a home run.
Speaker 6: They Oscar with a second home run of the ball game, and it's six to three.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar Hernandez goes deep in the first, goes deep in the fourth, and the Dodgers still lose eight to seven. Daniels Jelis presents the whole run forecast. Just go to AM five seventy LA sports dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. Despite the five RBI from t Oscar Hernandez, the Dodgers unable to hang on for the win in Philadelphia. They gave up two runs at the bottom of the seventh as the fighting Fills fight their way back for an eight seven win.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Hoseane Moda.
Speaker 3: All right, Hose.
Speaker 2: Tough one for the Dodgers Friday night. They kind of hurt themselves with them base running today. They hurt themselves late in the game. The anti pot has plays really getting magnified. For that seventh inning double that Bryce Harper let off the inning with, they made the catch. They give him an extra out though because of the mis queue, and they really opened the door for the Phillies there in the seventh.
Speaker 6: If you look at that seventh setting and you look at that whole series or tim you see that the Dodgers have faced the toughest team so far. They face you know, the Cubs, the Tigers, the Braves, and then you face the Phillies one through nine. There's no comparison on any other line up there faced. You have to make every outcount, You got to make every pitch count. You got to get out there and forget about the conditions. You know, coming from behind is great, and it's a great liner for us. You know broadcasters come from behind wins great. You don't want to get into that habit. It's not sustainable. Okay, it's not sustainable. Nonetheless, we also find out that the Dodgers have a lot of fight in them, which is great, but in this series there are exposed to so many things that perhaps were you know, kind of went by the wayside the first seven or eight games where against a team like the Phillies there you're not going to be able to escape with all this. Obviously the biggest issue was the rain, and his coach Wooden used to say, the conditions are the same for both teams. You got to put it aside. You have a right to stop the game. You have a right to say I'm still not getting a good grip. And beyond that, I'm glad that admitted because it was clearly obvious that more than physical mechanically or the conditions, he just gotten his head way too much and he just couldn't get it over said, so you know when that case het a Kevin Concert is them for level of the game and just clear the mechanism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm surprised, Hose, and I said it earlier. He's not a rookie, He's not a young guy out there facing adversity. With the conditions also battling against him, and he's in the major leagues for ten years now. I'm surprised this is something that got to him as much as it did, because he he emotionally just you can see in his face wiping his hand on his leg. The conditions weren't good. He was bothered by it. The blue pit frustrated him. He lost his command emotionally, he lost it out.
Speaker 3: There on the mountain.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised a guy like that the conditions affected.
Speaker 6: It is surprising. It is to me too, But he's so desperation and Mark Pryored waving his hands saying, wait a minute, somebody do something about this. Okay, I was a picture. I know what it takes, says Mark Prior, right. But also for Tommy Glass to understand, he needs to understand one thing. He's six eight his extension, it's unmatched on what a hitter perceived velocity wise, and when he releases a baseball. Coming into this game, righthanders were all for eight, okay, and left hands were two for nine. This guy just doesn't walk people. There's numbers from last season. He is a strike thrower. He cannot be effective by things like this. Hopefully because he did admit it, he can reset and push that button and say, Okay, I am supposed to be an eighthier. Listen the other thing to Tim because the rotation set up the way it is right now one through five, forget about that. We know what happens come September, came October. Your name could be called number one in the series of the Poortan series because you have the stuff and he playing for the Dodgers, right So for him, I think it is just taking that leadership and say, you know what, I got to put this on behind me, but I know there's some things I have to do much better on the mental side.
Speaker 2: We found out before the game Blake Snell placed on the injured list with left shoulder inflammation. Matt sour guy called up from Triple A Oklahoma City, was already with the team, most likely going to be activated to pitch in Washington, DC, and most likely that's where we're going to see him pitch, either Tuesday or Wednesday night. But Blake SNeW through a bullpen session today and from what I heard, it was cut short because he had discomfort in that left shoulder and there was a discussion with Brandon Gomes and Mark Pryor and the pit and the training staff, and then they placed him on the IL. I'm a little concerned about this here that it's April sixth and already discomfort in the shoulder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't like that. In the fact that you know, he comes into an organization we've seen some inconsistencies with him. We seem some dipping in velocity. This guy can still pitch with whatever he has velocity was and stuff, But with the history here the last couple of seasons, there's no doubt the fans have a right and we all have a right to go. Okay, let's hope this stops, and hopefully there's just something that came up because of the short spring training and the push on getting ready early and pitching in the back fields and facing you know, catches league hitters and then you know, going to Tokyo things. Fact that for a guy that, remember last season, did not even have a full spring training himself, so there's a lot of things that to me that he's still kind of catching on with even though he ended the season so well. So let's pray and hope that this is one where just you know, the information goes down there for a couple of outings missed and he can go out there and be dominant fours that he can be, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it, Jose. Tough one for the Dodgers today, but back at it tomorrow for the start of a three game series against the Nationals and uh tri The Dodgers will be ready to go and hopefully put this one behind them in this series behind them moving forward.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it, Jose, you got it.
Speaker 6: Don't take the mind if they just beat you know, Arizona.
Speaker 3: Three today exactly. Don't sleep on the Washington Nationals.
Speaker 6: Jose.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you during this series. By the way, we'll get back to the phones in just a second. Talking about Andy pajas what to do with him, and alluded to high Sun Kim and Triple A Oklahoma City and the start that he's gotten off to. Yeah, he's played really well defensively, which he did during the spring. It was his offense that was just not there and ready for him to break camp with the Dodgers to go and start the season at the major league level.
Speaker 3: He's played a lot.
Speaker 2: Better at the plate in his few first ten days in Triple A Oklahoma City. Now this has been pointed out on social media a video that shows him in the dugout before today's Oklahoma City Comets game, and he's seen high fiving players, hugging a player, and then hugging the OKAC manager Scott Hennessy in the dugout before the game started. He wasn't in the lineup. So maybe there's a call up coming for High Sung Kim, the South Korean middle infielder.
Speaker 3: We'll find out, we'll see.
Speaker 2: But the super sluice on social media looking at a video from the dugout in Oklahoma City and he seems to be being congratulated by other people in that dugout and then not in the lineup today for the Oklahoma City Commets the Dodgers Triple A team. So we'll see if any kind of move is made if he joins the team in Washington, DC. Or maybe it's just a congratulating Sunday for High Sung Kim in the dugout. That's something they do in the minor leagues. Who knows, But interesting to see that video. You'll pop up here in the last hour. All right, it's go back out to the phone. Sasan in West Hills. Thanks for joining us here on Dodge Talk.
Speaker 8: How you doing, Hey, jam.
Speaker 4: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 9: I just had another thing. The social media smooths also pointed out that Dalton Rushing is also playing in left field and O Casey, you don't know if you happen to see that as well. I know you mentioned it would be unlikely allowed due to his experience previous, but that's something they pointed out. I did have a question. My question was about I think you kind of answered it with how with glass now and the control over the conditions on the field, But is he the only person who has control to call the ground screw and the umpires or does the head I'm umpire, the crew cham of the empiring crew, and the manager also have the ability to kind of call the game, to have the ground screw kind of redo the mound and consider some of the conditions on the field.
Speaker 4: That was kind of my question.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, Thank you, Thank you so son.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that the bench, the manager, coaching staff, I'm sure they can go out there and say, hey, we need some help out there. But the pictures out there, the pictures on the mound, You've also got to be the one to initiate this. And if you've got an issue, then say something. If if you have a problem, say something to your bench, say something to the home plate umpire. Hey, let's fix this. I'm not comfortable out here. You know, it's too slushy, it's too muddy. We can't you know, we can't pitch in this kind of condition right now. If it's gonna be raining and have mud out here, I'm slipping and falling. I'm worried about slipping and hurting myself.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why they have got those cleek cleaners out there, those throw down cleet cleaners, And they put a new one out there in between the second that I'm shooting the top and the bottom of the third inning for Suarez, and that that's our Sanchez. Excuse me, that was done for him. They put dry dirt out there for Sanchez in the bottom of the third. Just take control of the situation. Stop the game, get yourself out there, get emotionally right. And if you're not good to pitch out there because you're worried about slipping or you're worried about your plant leg coming down, because you really as Josey mentioned a six foot eight frame when he extends the pitching. You know, he's really out there. If you're worried about that, you've got to say something, fix it. And he alluded to it in the postgame show. You heard the audio saying that he was concerned, it was in his mind about the conditions. Got to stop the game. You got to get it right and get back out there on the mound. Man, Well and Guardina, thanks for being patient.
Speaker 8: Mel Man.
Speaker 3: Well, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Hey? Man?
Speaker 6: First off, happy belated Bertin.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 6: So we've all we all.
Speaker 4: Know Pie Hayes's a demonstration. As I said the other day, guy's got to get it together. I would much rather have you been.
Speaker 10: Chris Taylor out there late in the innings, just as a defensive replacement. That being said, I like what it callers said earlier that the Dot did show some fight today coming back from a big deficit. One thing I don't like is Man getting into some bad base running habits.
Speaker 4: You know, nobody's.
Speaker 8: Mentioned the fact that show, Hey that remember when they have second and third and there was a fly ball might have been shallow or what not. But show Hay should have been right there tagging up no matter what, make them make a play, you know what I mean. Don't get caught in between and then get stranded like he did. I'd much rather have an aggressive base running that tries to score the run and.
Speaker 4: Makes that outfield or make a play.
Speaker 8: That being said, Man, I think it's time for Kim to come up because we need to put priority on this defense and the pitch. He needs to step up.
Speaker 10: Man, that's ten or eleven wats ain't gonna cut it, man, you know, and you're not gonna win many games with other team scores nine runs.
Speaker 4: Hey, great, show Tim.
Speaker 8: Gve you my brother, all right.
Speaker 3: I love you too.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Well, great to hear from you.
Speaker 2: They'll be interesting to see what they do with the roster in the next twenty four hours. Is certainly what they're gonna do with the pitching staff in the next couple of days. With Blake Snell going to the injured list with the left shoulder inflammation he was supposed to start on Tuesday, Matt Sower was brought up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. Does that mean he'll step in and get the starting spot on Tuesday, when Blake Snell's spot comes up in the rotation, we'll find out they already made it known that Wednesday was going to be a bullpen game, or they were gonna bring somebody up to start that game, to allow Yamamoto to get an extra day's rest with the off day on Thursday, so he could pitch on Friday against the Cubs at Dodger Stadium. So they're helping their pitchers by giving him more days off in between starts. But now they got to fill some of these spots now, especially with Blake Snell going on the injured list, that certainly made things interesting. Tony Gonsolin, just to keep something in mind, Tony Gonsolin got a minor league rehab start on Thursday, and I believe he went two plus innings in Oklahoma City. He could be somebody you bring up to spart to start on Tuesday. And I say that because of the amount of days in between starts. If he pitched on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday would be the next day that he would start in triple Oklahoma City, or at least get some innings underneath his belt. Maybe that's an opportunity for him to be activated off the injured list and take a spot in the rotation. So we'll see what they end up doing. They're gonna do some juggling, no doubt about it. The Dodgers are really good about this with the roster and making sure they've got the right guys there, and especially with this road trip and the need for starting pitching because the bullpen's starting to get used a little bit. I think the Dodgers will be in a good situation bringing guys up to fill those innings. Certainly, you don't want to see Blake Snell go on the injured list, and that's something we're going to keep an eye on. And how many starts does he miss? Is it one start? Is it two starts? For Blake Snell in these shoulder inflammation. That's gonna do it for postgame Dodger talk MANI thanks to everybody for being a part of the show, for listening. Thanks to Colin Yee as always the best of the best. Dodgers lose a tough one in Philadelphia. They find out before the game. Blake Snell goes to the engine list. Tyler glassnowt can't get out of the third inning with the rain and the elements, Dodgers down six to two, battle all the way back, take the lead, only to give it up in the bottom of the seventh and lose eight to seven. Dodgers drop two to three, they fall to nine to two.
Speaker 3: Back at it.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, trip to the White House, and then take it on the Washington Nationals, the first of three in Nationals Park, Dustin May Mackenzie Gore. The pitching matchup Dodgers on Deck will get started at two thirty, right after petrols of money. First pitch set for three forty five. It's a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. Go out and enjoy it. Everybody, so long stop