Speaker 1: All right, welcome in seven hundred Wylw. I am the average American and for the great American on this Wednesday. It is great to have you with us as always, because, as I like to say, without you, I will be simply one man sitting in a room babbling to himself incoherently. And why would I have to leave my home to do that. I'm in here today because it just seems like people don't learn lessons. People don't seem to be appreciative of history anymore. You know, history is a great teacher if you pay attention to it, but it seems so much so more that people simply don't want to pay attention to it. We live in a what's happening now world, and what's happening now in Washington, d C. It would seem like to me, at least, that there are a lot of people that didn't learn anything from history, even recent history, the history that perhaps was given to us on election night in November. If you'll recall, leading up to that election, all you heard from Kamala Harris. You didn't hear a lot from Joe Biden leading up to the election. In fact, you didn't hear a lot from Joe Biden in the four years he was in the White House. But leading up to that election, from Kamala Harris, all you heard from her was Trump Trump, Trump, trump, trump, Trump, Trump, bad Trump bad Orange Man bad Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump. And it struck absolutely zero cords with the ideologues on the left shore. They hate everything about the right. But to the people, the common people, the people like you and me that just walk around, we just want a better live for ourselves. We don't we really don't get immersed in the intricacies of what goes on the sausage making, if you will, that keeps this country percolating. We just wanted a better live for ourselves and for our kids. That's all. We don't want anything else. We want to be able to conduct our business without having the government breathing down our neck. But we heard Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump Trump, and of course we all know what happened to come Mala Harris on election night, another in Washington, d C. Right now trying to get Trump's cabinet nominees confirmed, and just in the last hour we had Tulcy Gabbard confirmed as the DNI Secretary National Intelligence. Mitch McConnell never disappoints. He voted against her. Mitch's just with each passing day, seems to be nothing more than a bitter old man. But nevertheless he voted no. RFK Junior's vote is later today and then we'll get cash fattel with the FBI. And I don't know how many more that are left, but the big Swingers are just about done here. But now they've moved into the Doge portion of the program, and the Doge subcommittee today held hearings. They were televised, and all we heard from the Democrats was musk must MUCKs, must musk, musk, musk, mus muck. Nothing about government ways, which UI and every other common thinking person knows has existed in Washington, d C. For way too long, way too long. But why does it seem like the Dems are so vehement, so angry, so opposed to anybody doing a deep dive into where your tax dollars are going. You know, if you're running a business and in that business is in debt, deeply in debt, but you have good cash flow. Now you're selling products. In this case where that company our cash flow is our tax dollars, tax dollars on half of us only pay taxes, but there's tax dollars flowing into Washington. Washington is deeply in debt. We know this. It's thirty six trillion dollars and counting with each passing second. So why would you not want to do a deep dive into why we're so deeply in debt? Why are we so vehement it seems like on the left from protecting us AID from having an audit. First thing you do if you take over a company that is bleeding but still has pretty good cash flow, is you do a deep dive audit. It's just good practical business. Why is there so much resistance to that in Washington? Where is this money going, who's getting it? And is there any money flowing back to the people that are sent to Washington by you and me? I'm just asking why else would you be so vehement about it? Why else would you have the protest you've seen. Why did we see Maxine Water spitting on a poor security guard. I mean she was foaming at the mouth at this guy outside the Department of Education last week? Othernant that raise your antenna a little bit to say what's going on here? Did mine That's why I got to get my guy on right now. There's no sounder mind when it comes to politics. Nobody that understands how the sausage is made, Nobody who knows what this country can be if we just get to the truth. And of course that's my guy, the winsome guy, the winsome way. He was once a winsome candidate five times over, and now he spends his afternoons speaking to me here occasionally on seven hundred w WELW. It's my buddy, Dan Snell. Dan, how are you in this glorious day?
Speaker 2: I am Dandy Kim Drew. Great to be with you and WLW listeners. Hey, you say you're an average American, noser, I am pronouncing now you are an all American and winsome, winsome American for sure. Don't let your listeners think your average.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Dan, I think you are. You know you're level headed. You are a guy that understands that nothing gets done by the extremes right or left in this country. It never happens, it never will. They become an essence fringe, and that the real business of operating this country is conducted. If it were a football field in between the forty yard lines. Now, somebody would say, a cynic might say, well, you're talking about the deep state. No, you're talking about national thinking people. But I see less and less of it now, And I'm very disappointed in the Democrats who are now looking at Elon Musk and in some cases calling him a modern day Hitler. What all he's really doing is looking to see where government waste is, and invariably it comes from programs that were started, funded, and fostered by Democrats like usaid. I don't understand why they're behaving the way they are, do you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really sad for America because you have fifteen percent on the left and probably ten to fifteen percent on the right that everything gets spun up and dramatic for the narrative. Let's just remember that where it's all about the narrative for both sides and the seventy percent of the Americans in the middle who just want to make this place we call home better. And exactly what you said, let's take a look at this broken organization, the United States of America, and see how we're spending our money. I thought yesterday, Elon Muska, I thought he hit a home run in his White House Oval office interview, especially bringing his little son.
Speaker 3: You know, the hearts of America melted.
Speaker 4: Over that little boy.
Speaker 2: And I thought he handled himself pretty well, and I was very impressed.
Speaker 3: It's just sad.
Speaker 2: That the left, you know, they cried about the children and starving people and foreign countries were.
Speaker 3: Abandoning and the right they do pick out. Even my dog's excited about it. You can hear that in the background.
Speaker 2: We pick out, you know, three or four percent of things that are dramatically horrible, and we got to quit focusing and we're going to look at Hey, what's the purpose, what's our goal. Let's cut to spending and make it make more common sense.
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent. And I think the problem here is that, you know, for this thing to work, this thing called America to work, as my dad used to say many years ago, the only way something works is for everybody's ox to get gourd because you can't have one guy over here getting everything and a bunch of people over here getting thing. And so I think what has to be done is what is at least the president is trying to do, and just put some eyeballs into what's where's it going? Where is this money going? Musk can't. All he can do is advise he's not going in there. He's not running budgets or anything. But yet you have these ass hats like Maxine Waters just running around yelling and screaming, and then you get Chuck Schumer running around yelling and screaming, We're gonna win, win, win. Well, it's not about you winning, It's about where is our money going. You're taking our money. You know, Chuck Schumer, the guy has never worked a day in the public sector or the private sector. I'm sorry, He's always worked in the private in the public sector, and he's worth eighty one million dollars. How does that happen? I just I don't understand why there is such a fierce defense of where this unfettered money has been spent. I'm not saying Chuck. Maybe Chuck Schumer made some great real estate deals. I don't know. Maybe he's sabby with the market. I don't know. All I'm saying is there's not a damn person in this country, dan As you well know that goes to Washington, d C. To represent you, me and everyone else. Democrat or Republican that doesn't leave Washington, d C. With more money than what they went to Washington, d C. With. And I think, yeah, average person like me, I'm saying, you take, you're gonna this is tax season. You want my taxes, I'll pay my taxes. I'm a loyal American. I understand you need this money to make the country go. I don't need this money to go and do shows in Afghanistan, shows in Ubekistan, or wherever the Stan happens to be. I want that money to used for what makes my life and my country better. And I think that's where the Democrats are fighting on a hill that they're going to die on and regret.
Speaker 3: Would you agree, yeah, right now.
Speaker 2: I mean it's almost sad kind of watching some of the on the on the Democratic side, some of the responses and some of their words, because they're kind of flailing. They're trying, they've lost, they've lost a way to try to get a messaging out there, and their their narrative is just spinning up people and it doesn't look good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Makan Waters got bless her. She's served a long time, but boy, she's been on all the talk shows and she does.
Speaker 4: She just gets really upset.
Speaker 2: And when Schumer was trying to chant we won't go or whatever it was in front of the office, it really was almost embarrassing. So they've got to find themselves a leader and a spokesperson that can bring them forward. You know, I'm convinced that that Donald Trump must have been a John Wayne fan, because he is really, you know, bold. It's high noon in Cincinnati, right, and so in forty eight hours, we're going to have noon on Saturday in Godza.
Speaker 3: And what is Hama's going to do?
Speaker 2: And I think John Wayne, I think that's why Americans like him, because he's kind of a well, there's a new Marshall in town, ladies and gentlemen, and I think people like that kind of bold John Wayne. Okay, I'm going to get the bad guys in this case, the very bad spenders for the last forty years. I'm going to clear those bad spenders out of town.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know what he's got the he got a somewhat favorable ruling here in the last twenty minutes by a federal judge who says that they can limit or prevent funds under certain circumstances. So they're guardrails in there, and and honestly, I don't think anybody in their right mind thought Trump was going to go in there with a sickle and just start slashing this and slashing that, because there is, after all, there is a court system, and although some would call it law fair, it is very much a part of our American system where you have a right to challenge decisions in court. And that's exactly what I think is going on here. But you know you're gonna cut You're gonna cut these jobs. Okay, why and why are why are we cutting my job? I think there's You certainly have a right if you're feel like you're being treated unfairly by somebody to take that's somebody to court. Now, you may not succeed, but it's certainly your right to take it to court. You find a judge, like some of these unions have found, and they're all ironically judges that were appointed by Obama, Clinton and Biden. But nevertheless they have found judges that will at least apply the brakes here. And maybe that's the way the system should work. You know, let's apply the brakes and see what's going on. While also admitting that this country can't keep walking down the road. It's walking down My god, Dan, today three percent is where inflation hit. Why do we think inflation's at three percent? It's a three percent because the government overspend it. They overspent money, and so that's all I think that he's trying to do. Trump's got to get a lasso around inflation, and he can't keep he can't keep seeing this money go flying out the door and think, well, inflation is going to come down because we're you know, we'll have cuts or will a federal take care of it. It doesn't work. So I mean again, if you just look at these things logically, I think, I think you understand why they're happening. But when you get into all this rhetoric and all this drama and all this theater, I don't think if you're a Democrat, you're fostering your cause and it's certainly not making you stronger for the midterms. Here in another year, would.
Speaker 2: You agree, Yeah, you know, you nailed it in that. I see Donald Trump as having an opportunity to leave a mark on history and our country in an epic, epic manner, because if he can get and change and alter the course of our spending and have an impact financially and improve things that are going on in the budget process and improve our national debt. He will become literally a Ronald Reagan JFK type of president. However, and I say this, and you know, I would like to balance it. He's got to remember. He also has to remember as you started out about history, he has to remember that his first term he got in trouble sometimes with words and behavior and rhetoric. And if I were him, I would now take that stance of I'm going to be above this rhetoric, and I would do a national address and I would say, folks, here's what we're trying to do. I know there's a lot of conversation. There's narrative on the left and narrative.
Speaker 3: On the right.
Speaker 2: I just want to I just want to make America great again financially, so we don't have these worries. And please, Stanley, just ask the American people if Donald Trump would look into the camera and ask the American people stick with me, because if he does it, if he remains and goes in his old rhetoric that in two years we're going to be in trouble in the midterms.
Speaker 1: Our guest is Dan Snell, and we're talking about just the developments in the last three weeks going on four weeks now of Donald Trump and his term. I believe this country only operates at its best is if there's both sides that are weighing in, both Democrat and Republican. And you know, I've already gone over where. I just think They'reocrats have been reduced to theater, you know, community theater with the way they're behaving. But I do worry about them. I don't know who their quote unquote standard bearer would be. It's certainly not Kamala Harris. Joe Biden certainly didn't fit that bill. And I think there was a vacuum that was created, maybe by the cabal that ran this country while Biden was in office. I don't know, but it's somebody will come forward and become the leader of that party. I just don't know who at this point, and I think more important, I don't think they know who. And I think that's one of the reasons why they appear to be in disarray.
Speaker 2: Would you agree, Yeah, bingo, Yeah, you nailed it.
Speaker 3: They really are.
Speaker 2: They're lost right now, and they're a drift. Quite frankly, they're a drift at sea. While Donald Trump has got his aircraft carrier, the USS Trump going in, pulling in. I mean, Donald Trump is you have dany. He's a man of action. He's done more in these twenty one days than we've seen in the Biden administration. He just is a job Wayne. He's coming into town, and it's if it was a Cincinnati or Kansas City chief.
Speaker 3: I'm humbled. I'm humbled. I'm humbled, humbled.
Speaker 1: But if I wasn't, did you raise it? I was going to do that to you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I wanted to first address it that were humbled very often. But if the hurry up offense you know in the basketball is a fast break or a full court press, he's after it, and you have to admire that ninety plus percent of the things he's doing are outstanding and good for America. He can just temper that ten percent of words that he throws out there. You know, this high noon thing worries me because you never know what the other side, what hamas they may try to, they may try to, you know, do something. You know, we have to temper and measure things like high noon or all hell will break loose. I don't know that's good. That's a John Wayne kind of thing. But it also we'll see what happens on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sure will. Yeah. Dan snell out in the great planes of this country, Kansas City fan, Kansas City Chiefs fan. And I wasn't going to raise that, but you raised that, Dan, And I'm just going to tell you your team looked old and slow on Sunday night. I think you might have to on a few more few people out there, and maybe starting with your tight end.
Speaker 4: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all. He's all over the news and he's got a great PR firm because everywhere you look, is he going to retire? Will he retire? What's going to happen? So I think he'll come back. My prediction is he'll come back. We'll see how good I am in my prediction on that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, played his college ball here in Cincinnati, so maybe maybe he will. Who knows. I mean, there's nothing better that There's no better motivation than defeat. Once you defeated, it's a great motivator to get back on your feet again. But we shall see. We'll also see here about this whole thing you know. I think once everybody kind of calms down and they understand and they listen to the folks back home about money and taxes and whatnot, I think they'll probably be a little less fiery rhetoric here, and I think there'll probably be some sort of, if not compromised and understanding that Look, if we don't get our arms around this thing right now, it's going to explode. And I think people have had enough. But we never get enough of VA, never get enough of you, Dan Snell. The Winsome Way. That's his book. You can find it wherever great books are sold. Then the Winsome Candidate came out, and there's got to be another Winsome something coming out next from Dan Snell. But whatever it is, I'll make sure to get you on the air and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, great to be with you always again, Love Cincinnati and love WLW.
Speaker 3: You stay winsome out there.
Speaker 1: I will thank you Dan Dan Snell. That guy knows more about stuff and can explain it in a very solid and insightful way than anybody I know. It's coming up on twelve twenty six News Radio seven hundred w WELW twelve thirty nine News Radio seven w WELW. It's the average American and for the great American on this Wednesday, Man, am I sick of this this winter stuff? I am over this weather. So what's going on in Washington is a bunch of lawfair right now. And lawfare is not necessarily that one party doesn't like the other party. So they're going to sue, and that's going to be the reason why they're going to get what they want. That never first of all, it never works in the mind of the public. Invariably there is a backlash against that at some ensuing election. But but what what what's going on here? It's it's Democrat fostered. Is judge shopping on this whole doge thing. They're looking for judges that would block what Trump is trying to do. Now, the latest just happened here about a half hour ago, where a federal judge said, yes, that that Trump has the right to freeze federal funds with some situations limited, but he does have that. This goes counter to what a number of these other activist judges are doing. And again you have to understand who some of these people are. For example, Judge Angel Kelly US District Court, District of Massachusetts, nominated by Joe Biden. Yesterday, Judge Kelly granted a restraining order against the National Institute of Health fundraising of funding cuts. She has a history of activism. Her career has been basically a dei career. Senator Ted Cruz took to the Senate floor, actually took to a podcast to castigate her. She is a soft on crime judge. In February of twenty twenty four, she sentenced a FedEx driver who stole and sold three guns from packages to only six days in prison and two hundred and fifty hours of community service. Strolen firearm convictions can carry a ten year prison sentence. Guy got six days, you have? Senior Judge Amy Berman Jackson on the U S District Court of Columbia District of Columbia, nominated by Barack Obama, presided over the Russian collusion case. Chief Judge John J. McConnell, junior of the US District Court for the District of Rhode Island, nominated by President Barack Obama. He's weighing in now in the wake of what this federal judge said just a while ago that almost like digging his feet in saying you know what, No, I was right. When Judge John J. O'Connell was in private practice as an attorney, where he was until twenty nine, McConnell donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Democratic candidates and political action committees, include twenty eight presidential campaigns of Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Barack Obama. Eight thousand dollars donation to the Democratic Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse and his twenty six Senate campaign. Judge Colleen Kohlerktelli, she looks like a real beauty. She stood against Trump's efforts to cut government excess by blocking DOGE from obtaining access to certain Treasury Department payment records.
Speaker 5: Um.
Speaker 1: She is known for having sentenced seven pro life activists to federal prison in a particularly cruel fashion. The husband of activists Paula Harlowe, who was seventy seven at the time, whom coler Cotelli sentenced to prison, was thoroughly rebuked by the judge when he emphasized that his wife was dying and pled for mercy and leniency. In response, coler Cottelli suggested that Harlowe quote make every effort to stay alive end quote, as part of the quote unquote tenant of your religion. Judge paul A. Englemeyer US District Court for the Southern District of New York, halleluja. Nominated by Barack Obama. This guy blocked DOJ's access to the Treasury Department payment system, and his ruling Engelmeyer forbade all political appointees, including the Treasury Secretary, from accessing Department of Treasury data and honor on it goes. Georgia o'tooles, Senior Judge District of Massachusetts, blocked the Trump effort for federal government employees to take a buyout, even though sixty five thousand federal workers said we'll take the buyout. Chief Judge Kenneth J. Gonzalez of the U. S District Court for the District of New Mexico, nominated by President Barack Obama. This dude made headlines by blocking the deportation of Venezuelan criminals to Guantanamo Bay. Voted no in nineteen ninety nine to curtailing foreign aid. See it's judge shopping. They find a judge, the judge rules, and then you've got to scramble and go to a higher court or get a stay in that court, or whatever it might be. And so it just goes on and on and on and on. It's one giant tamper tamperum. All Musk is trying to do is look, not trying to do anything else, just try to look and make recommendations to the president. But that's what the Democrats are doing right now, and it's digging their heels in and in essence they're making the same mistake they made leading into the election. In my humble opinion, well, this is interesting. One of the biggest maladies facing gen zers, those are the kids born between nineteen ninety seven and twenty twelve. One of the biggest maladies are self inflicted. Vaping among gen zers is apparently out of control, and because of that, they're aging faster than millennials, dehydrated skin, a lot of wrinkles, bad teeth, discolored teeth, they say. Experts say on these e cigarettes is vaping one hundred puffs on a vape is equal to smoking ten normal cigarettes. But yet vaping is running rampant among this younger generation, and because of that, a lot of them look like instead of their age twenty seven and under. It kind of looks like they're forty or forty five, and it's destroying a lot of other things in the process. Standing by to join us to weigh in as doctor Rebecca Weiss. She is someone who is not only a dermatologist, but someone that can testify to the evils of vaping because she has seen its hand in her family and with friends around her, and she's kind of enough to join us now to talk about vaping and why it's out of control, particularly among gen z. Doctor Whiss, how are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 6: I am excellent. Thank you so much for having.
Speaker 1: Me, Thank you for being here. Now explain vape face justin if you want to get raw and deep and whatnot. What does vape face? What does it look like?
Speaker 7: Well, what happens with these nicotine vaporizers is that the nicotine causes vasoconstriction, right, so it is essentially asphyxiating the skin and other organs, but it's limiting blood flow.
Speaker 6: To the skin.
Speaker 7: And obviously the skin is the biggest organ we have and the most visible. And what that can create is a more sallow, dull complexion, dry skin. It is causing oxidative stress and damage to the cells, the skin cells, which then speeds up collagen degradation. And that happens normally as we age, but you know, adding the insult right of nicotine that can speed up and cause premature aging in these patients. So we see more fine lines and wrinkles and skin bagging and such.
Speaker 1: So to the skin it sounds like, and I'm not speaking medically, I'm just saying to the skin, at its appearance, it really is the same thing as smoking a cigarette, then, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it absolutely is. I mean I think maybe you won't get some of the you know, when you're smoking cigarettes, you've got some more of that nasty smoke that's like sitting right there on your skin. You might not get as like clogged pores and those problems, but you certainly can can experience rashes and dry skin. It even exacerbates things like exzemon and psoriasis and things like that because it's creating inflammation in the skin.
Speaker 1: It sounds horrible. I mean, the skin itself, as you mentioned, is the world's largest organ. One would think that if we're going to pay it attention to things like lungs and heart and kidneys and other organs inside the body that are much smaller, although maybe in a sense more important. You would probably want to pay attention to the most prominent part of what your body is, which is the skin. To me, it's I don't know why. I don't know why anybody would do any of these things. But we're talking about gen z so ninety seven to twenty twelve, So at the end of one end of that is thirteen years old. At the end of the other end of it is somebody who is twenty seven years old. So we're talking about seeing someone that might be twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, and they're coming to you. What do they look like a fifty year old?
Speaker 7: No, I mean, I think what they're what they're seeing, though, are change is that a normal twenty seven year old wouldn't be seeing yet at that point, so you know, they might be looking closer to a thirty five year old. And they've even done twin studies where where one twin was supposed to cigarette smoke in this case and sun exposure and the other one wasn't, and really seeing the difference between those two patients that should look alike, you know, is really mind you know, boggling, and how how different the two of them can look. You know, I think even you know, going back to the whole skin being.
Speaker 6: The biggest organ and most visible organ.
Speaker 7: The skin is really an outward expression of what's happening inside your body. So you know, things don't look good on the outside, if you're breaking out, if you've got rashes and things like that, or you're aging prematurely, it does give you an indication that that harmful effects are happening on the inside as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so doctor, someone comes to you and they've been vaping, and maybe they admit that, maybe they don't, and so you know, the uh what what happens at that point? Out comes the botox for someone that may not have needed that until they get into their fifties and they're trying to fill in crows feed or a little things up on the forehead or whatever it may be. How do you do you treat it? And I guess the bigger question is if someone continues to vape, I guess that's good for your business because I'll be coming back to see you. But what what do you do to someone that comes in that's got vape face? And they want to look a little bit more their age.
Speaker 7: Obviously, Number one is to counsel them on stopping the vaping, right.
Speaker 6: Number two would be to do things like there, we.
Speaker 7: Have lots of lasers in the practice, things that can help to resurface the skin, normalize the skin, the skin health. And then yes, certainly we can do things like botox and dermal fillers and such, because as you're as you're degrading your collagen with these substances, you know, it's much like ozepic space right where you're looking more gaunt your sinner. We may need to restore some of that natural volume that that they've lost. So, yes, we can do all of those things, but if they don't stop vaping, they're not going to respond as well to the treatments.
Speaker 6: We have to offer.
Speaker 7: So because you know, a lot of the things we do is to stimulate collagen.
Speaker 6: And if you're you know, you're sort.
Speaker 7: Of chasing your tail if you continue to use these vape devices.
Speaker 1: You've got a lot of faces there, You've got vape face face? How many faces you got going on there?
Speaker 6: Doc smoking face?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes they're at smoking thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just just old face.
Speaker 8: So I mean, yeah, and I live in Arizona, so we have like, you know, sun sun.
Speaker 7: Face because everybody's so getting people on sunscreen, getting them to use you know, vitamin ceas and and other antioxidants on their skin can help decrease some of that that oxidative stress that the sun causes and all these other poutants and things that we do, like well then use sape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not to get off topic, but sunscreen is it kind of took out a little bit of a controversy in the last couple of weeks about what's actually in sunscreen and what you have to have it sunscreen and what you need to avoid things like if something says oxy, you know you don't want to have it in your sunscreen.
Speaker 6: You don't want it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, what is what what do you put other than lathering yourself up like a lifeguard, except all over your body and not on your nose? What do you do? I mean, what what do you have to look for in those things?
Speaker 6: So you're absolutely right.
Speaker 7: I think anything that has oxy, I mean it is like oxy benzone or any of those kinds of things. They're typically not something you want to be applying to your skin on a daily basis.
Speaker 6: I do tell patients that, you know, if you're going.
Speaker 7: To the beach and you want to bring a spray sunscreen, look for one that's resafe ideally, because usually the ones that are rescafe have their primary.
Speaker 6: Ingredients being titanium or zinc.
Speaker 7: But they also make a lot of really nice formulations. Now are minerals based on mineral sunscreens, again, zinc and titanium being the main ingredient that feel good and look good, and some of them are tinted, some of them are untinted. But I think just getting to the point now where you're willing to put it on every single day, I think.
Speaker 4: A lot of us.
Speaker 7: I mean, I grew up in the day and age where we were just flattering ourselves in baby oil, and as soon as the sun came out, we were out there trying to get as tanned. We would have contests to see who could come back from spring great days.
Speaker 1: And I'm taking did wait a minute work you did?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I had to reverse all of that damage I did to myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 7: Wasn't until honestly, yeah, it wasn't until I was thirty that I got the message that hey, you know, I do need to put some screen on every day, but that that you have to make that a habit. And I think just getting patients onto the right sunscreen, something they're willing to use that feels good on their skin. And there are these really nice, cosmetically elegant products now that are available. A lot of companies are making them because we realize that we all this is like the number one thing that you can do, right. You want to prevent aging, because then you become a patient of mine. If you haven't done that, you're vaping, you're smoking, you're out in the sun.
Speaker 6: You know, I look forward to seeing you and my practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well it keeps people like you in business. It just you know, vape face and ozepic face and not using sunscreen or using the wrong kind of sunscreen. It's just we I think it just highlights the laziness of our society. I mean, it's just like, you know, well, we'll do anything to ourselves and there'll always be some way to fix it. Well, good luck with vape face and ozepic face and all kinds of face. And hopefully we can talk again and you'll be over your sun tanning contest and I'll be a via ma'am again. We can all have a great conversation. Stay well, thanks, thank you you too, Yeah you bet well. You know, don't have to worry about sunscreen today, do we for a while? To uh oh twelve fifty six? You got to be kidding me. We're wow time doth fleet. It's the average American in for the Great American. Seven hundred wlw. All right, welcome back, seven hundred wylw. It's the average American in for the Great American on this Wednesday. Great to have you with us. We plowed through yet another gloomy day here in the tri State. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. The sun is coming. I know it's coming. It's coming, they promised. So we found out today that inflation is now three percent. That's what it was for the month of January. Well that's what it hit in the month of January. We'll see where it goes. And you know, I can only say anecdotally. I can't. I have no data in front of me. But it seems like when I go out to eat on a Friday or Saturday night, the places that I go to always seem to have a weight, and I just look sometimes when I'm driving and just see, you know, how's this place doing, how's that place doing. They're always doing extremely well. And then we keep hearing that a lot of restaurants are struggling. We're hearing that a lot of restaurants, a lot of popular chain restaurants have been closing locations over the past several years, and there has to be there has to be some disconnect between what reality is and what perception is. McDonald's, for example, released its quarterly earnings and they met expectations. Those were released earlier this week, but revenue fell short of what was estimated. Some of that could be attributed to the problems McDonald had back in October of last year, when the CDC found a fatal E. Coli outbreak in quarter pounder burgers. That was rectified when they discovered that McDonald's had changed its purveyor for onions, and that might have been the culprit. But that was right in and all seemed to be okay with McDonald's. Even though revenue is down, McDonald's is still extremely popular. I don't know if you've ever seen a McDonald's that's closed for any other reason. Than perhaps disrepair and they've built a new one. I don't know. I'm sure they exist, but you sure don't hear about that. But a lot of other restaurants as as well. So the question becomes, are consumers now voting their wallets or voting their tastes or doing something that may be plaguing the restaurant industry and is that kind of a forbearer of what may be lying ahead for the rest of us economically? Standing by the way in on this, we have had Nick Neonachus on the show before. He is an expert on franchises twenty two years in the business, author of the book The Franchise mb and he's got a big expo coming to the Northern Kentucky Convention Center in May that we're going to talk about as well. But right now, why is it that some restaurants make it and some restaurants don't? Nick Neo nachis, how are on this glorious day?
Speaker 4: Hey, Ken, I'm doing great, Thanks for having me on. And you know, consumers are voting with their wallet and their feet. And if the food is great and it's a reasonable price, they will go there. And if it's not, then they don't and that's what we're seeing on mass.
Speaker 1: Well that's been the case at infinitum, right, I mean, it's always been about service and quality. Somebody will give you a first chance, may give you a second chance, but if that second chance doesn't cut it, they're not going back to see you. It doesn't matter what you're serving.
Speaker 4: Correct, correct, And if you know a big mac fries and a coke is costing you, you know, nine to twelve bucks, that's a tough one to sell. I mean, do you remember when on the value meal you could get two hash Browns for a dollar. That was like a mainstay. Now a Hash Brown, an extra Hash Brown is two to three dollars. And forget about what the egg prices are on an egg McMuffin. So where McDonald's used to be the trade down king, now all of a sudden they're in the middle of the mix. And that's what's happening with ernings.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you just touched on something, the egg McMuffin. Now, I have not been to a McDonald's for breakfast may at least in the last week, so I have not seen what the egg situation is done to that particular product. And I think it's got to be one of their most popular products. You're going to reach a price point. I would think if indeed that there are these problems with eggs and chickens are being killed or they're dying or whatever's going on, you would have to reach a price point that just won't be met by most people that would buy that product. So how do you balance that? If you're a big chain like McDonald's, it's.
Speaker 4: Tough to get economies of scale and purchasing when the raw materials have gone up so much and you nailed it. It's this, you know, this chicken slaughter that happened last year that really took a lot of the production out at the margin, and that's what causes them the prices to go up. Most consumers are gonna just, you know, grin and bear it, and hopefully the chickens will keep making chickens, you know, but don't count them until they hatch, as the old saying goes. But you know, you look at the like waffle House, they've added a fifty cents surcharge per egg at at their restaurants. So I think, you know, you're going to see some slight deterioration in revenue and earnings, which is what happened with McDonald's. Now they beat their you know, their earnings per share, but the top line went down. And the reason is that they're charging more for food. So if you think about it, fewer people coming in, but they're paying more per ticket, you're going to have lower sales but a higher profit margin. But that isn't a sustainable business model.
Speaker 1: Or you're going to have I guess what's commonly referred to as shrinkage. You're going to get a smaller product you might get you might get it for the same price, but you know, these restaurants will start making those or McDonald's, for example, makes them uppet a little smaller, the egg batch a little smaller, the sausage patty a little smaller, and all of a sudden, you're looking at something that's half the size it was a year ago.
Speaker 4: Right, coming soon, pigeon eggs to a McDonald's near you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. We don't have any chicken eggs, but you know, we got a couple of robins eggs here. We'll scramble those up and put them on for you. Yeah. The thing, I think that a lot of restaurants are struggling with and again, anecdotally, you know the business much better than I do, Nick, But I think what a lot of them are struggling with is that foot traffic maybe up, but costs are up. And I think they struggle with not only portion size and the amount of costs to produce the meal that you and I and anybody else would want to buy. They struggle with retaining help, they struggle with weight staff, they struggle with kitchen staff, and a lot of these restaurants and I saw this last week and it was one of my favorite places to go to. So I'm not going to I'm not going to dime them, but they started putting a an optional kitchen fee on the on the on the ticket that I got at the end. I know other places in Cincinnati that have it. Just it just appears on your on your ticket, your bill when you get it. And there's even a restaurant I think there may be two restaurants now that put employee health fee on there as well. And I'm looking at this and I'm saying to myself, you know, nothing against the kitchen staff, nothing against anybody else but you, the employer, the person running that restaurant. That's your business. Don't make your business my business. I'm your consumer and that and that restaurant or whomever needs to understand that. Just because you're having trouble with that, don't pass that on to me the consumer. There's enough chances for you to do that hidden with smaller sizes and whatnot, But don't start helping make me try to help pay for expenses that are just inherent with every other business that's out there. It infuriated me. Have you seen anything like that?
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know, shrinkflation as we were calling it, where you know, if you are increasing the price of a hamburger from you know, six bucks to ten bucks, people are going to see it. But if you add surcharges to it, then you can keep the price of your item at a level the consumers go, oh, that's okay, and then they get the sticker shock at the end. And if it's takeout, you know, the kid behind the counter is going to turn around the little credit card reader that has how much would you like to tip me today? You know, which is something that infuriates people as well. And I remember the last time that I was on you're asking about how restaurants are combating this. And one of the things we talked about was technology, and I mentioned the company called robot Lab, which is a franchise that provides robotic solutions to restaurants, hospitals, cleaning things like this really amazing company, and they had one or two locations at the beginning of last year, they sold over thirty different locations. Now in the past year, it's something like sixty or seventy units are getting opened up all around the country because people are actively looking to figure out how can they manage costs. And if you can't manage food costs, then you've got to manage your labor costs. And that's where a lot of this is going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm just you know, I very typically talk any more about AI because I don't understand it and I'm not sure where it's going. I think there's very few people that understand where it's going. But could any of that what you just talked about, could any of that be filtered back into AI and helping some of these restaurants that are struggling get better at either food or service.
Speaker 4: It could on a large on a large scale, but on a micro level, it would be around predicting how many guests are going to be coming in at certain times and then helping you with adding staff. At a large level, let's say at a McDonald's size business. You know, their companies like Palenteer, which has just been on a tear over the last year, that do large data analytics where then they're going to harmonize the purchase of beef and potatoes and so on, and then they start going back into the supply chain. You know, when do things need to be planted, harvested, slaughtered, packed, and so on. So if you think of how complex the supply chain is for any national company, this is where AI is going to come into play. But on a unit level, somebody's got to flip the burger, somebody's got to take the fry, put some salt on them, and hand you, you know, the food. That's where robotics starts coming in. And you're seeing Elon Musk as a robotics company. There's a whole bunch of really amazing ones out there that unfortunately are going to change the labor pools.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think it's coming. I mean, there's got to be some way that they can keep percolating along here. When costs are going up for product to make these particular meals that people like, there's got to be a way to fix that, particularly if you're a publicly traded company. The last thing you want to see it's affecting your bottom line. I get that, But I'm looking at a list here of some of these restaurants that have closed stores or places around the country. These are big name places like Wendy's and Denny's Shake Shack, which I know everybody was clamoring to get some of those here in the greater Cincinnati area. Last I heard we were supposed to get one. I don't know if we are. Buka Debeppo has been around for They're struggling everywhere. Mod Pizza was here for a hot minute and did not do all that well, but I thought their product was good. Cincinnati is a very interesting market. It's parochial in the sense that chains really don't do well here. That the Wendy's McDonald's they do well by and large everywhere, but here. If you are an out of town steakhouse, for example, out of town fast food place, out of town ribs place, you really don't do all that well. We have some big players in this market that if you really want to have that kind of food and you really want to have a good meal, you go there. And I'm just wondering nationally, is it that way too, where each individual town has got its own places, and by god, don't you dare bring in something like mod Pizza or Outpack or someplace like that, because we're not going to go to it. We like our own places. Does that go on a lot around the country.
Speaker 4: You know it does depending on the city. And I'll tell you Montgomery in and Skyline is going to put up a heck of a fight to anybody that comes in because the food's so good. And if you're in an older market, you're typically going to have these well grounded hometown favorites that people grew up on, right think of Permantes and Pittsburgh. But you have a lot of newer areas in Florida, Texas where you've had a lot of migration, and they're new cities in essence that are coming up. That's where franchises tend to do well. And one of the trends that we've been seeing is a lot of old line companies are becoming franchisores to then be able to take advantage of this demographic reallocation in the country. So you know, maybe you could see a Skyline Chili coming to Miami or to El Paso. You know, in the near future. It's a reality.
Speaker 1: But you know, they skyline Chili has been down in Florida for a while. Gosh, it's been down. I think there was the first one down here about forty years ago. I couldn't tell you where they are down here, but I'm sure they're roll over Florida. But it's wherever the population is going most. Most were transit society, so snowbirds come down, go down to Florida, they might go out to Arizona. And so you're gonna it stands the reason these restaurants are going to follow the people because that's where the money is.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah, it looks like you I just pulled them up and I live in south of Miami, so we've got it. Looks like two four five locations in Florida. Well there's that's a Cincinnati Chili is the one that they're they're calling it temporarily closed. But yeah, we need more down here. I need to go get some skyline chili.
Speaker 1: Here there you go. No, well, you're going to come to Cincinnati, I guess, or the greater Cincinnati area in Northern Kentucky and May at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center. Is that one of your great American franchise expos is that where we're going to come. You're going to have here and then what what happens at that point? What does that do besides service people that are possibly looking to get into the franchise business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be in Cincinnati at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center since we're building a beautiful, brand new one in downtown May seventeenth to the eighteenth. And as always, we want to give tickets to all of your listeners. They're twenty nine bucks otherwise, but if they text the word franchise to two six seven eight six, that's franchise to two six seven eight six, we'll send them a free ticket and a copy of the franchise MBA and what you're going to see at this show. It's the largest franchise show in the United States, largest one in Ohio. It's hundreds of brands from all over the country coming in that are looking to find entrepreneurs that want to own that brand in Cincinnati. Then we're going to have seminars, banks are going to be there, attorneys, CPAs, everything you need to either start a business or if you have an existing business that you want to franchise, there'll be a whole group, a whole aisle there that is dedicated to exactly that, to help you put a strategy together and grow it. So it really is like an MBA in a weekend for somebody that wants to come. And if your listeners text the word franchise to two six seven eighty six, we'll get them a free ticket and a copy of the franchise MBA just for being a great listener of yours.
Speaker 1: Ken, you're gonna have free samples there too. I may show up.
Speaker 3: You got pre feder Yeah, you better believe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's food. They will always be giving samples and smoothies and burgers and tacos, all kinds of great stuff.
Speaker 1: So, Nick, Nick Neanakis, the headline is is the restaurant industry right now, if you offer quality food and good service, you have a chance of making it. Whether you're a franchise or an independent owner. It hasn't strayed it hasn't changed since restaurants open, quality service, quality food usually equals success. Will that be a way to put a caper on it?
Speaker 4: It would be a cap and add tech to the mix. Think about how you can reduce your costs with some of the new things that are out there. You got to get educated about what's out there. People are always going to eat. And as Americans, we will figure out any issue in front of us and we will get over it, through it, under it, blow it up. It doesn't matter. We are Americans and we are here to win it. And that's what's going to happen in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Ken you got it. And the data that XPO in May is.
Speaker 4: What May seventeenth and the eighteenth, seventeen, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right, good time to being Cincinnati. Be nice and warm. Then you feel like you're right at home there in southern Florida.
Speaker 4: Beautiful spring and sinci. There's nothing better. I can't wait to get back.
Speaker 1: Thank you next day. Well we'll visit down the road.
Speaker 4: Thank you, ken By Now.
Speaker 1: Nick Mianakis again, you know I get free tickets two six seven eighty six. That's the number, two six seven eighty six text franchise to that you not only go and find out maybe what you can do with your life. If you want to get into business for yourself, you get free samples. If it's free, I'll take three one news radio seven hundred w welw oh.
Speaker 10: Which side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 10: Which side are you on? Which side are you on? We'll fight against Joe. We'll fight me on mess No, we lanscap within our walls. We'll fight from down to dusk. Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: Which side are you on? Me?
Speaker 10: Which side are you on? Which side are you on? Trump's counting for our unions.
Speaker 11: He wants us all to fame.
Speaker 10: He wants us to bow to him, but we want him in jail. Which side are you on? Which side are you me?
Speaker 1: Which side are you on?
Speaker 10: Which side are you hot?
Speaker 9: Hello? Buyots, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: So they can't govern and they can't sing.
Speaker 12: What in the world was that was that Maxine Waters in their Enter trio or something?
Speaker 1: Or what I think they're opening for Frankie Valley in.
Speaker 12: The fourth season Elizabe hardra Or was was that the Elizabeth Warren trio?
Speaker 1: What was that? Is that? Why we elected Democrats to go to Washington so they could sing or try to sing. Is that why in Washington, DC was Greg Landsman singing with that group? I don't think so. I think he's probably the choir director. I don't know what. I don't know what's going on season. But the Democrats they're trying everything now brutal. Here's what, here's what they've they've done. They they tried, they tried to beat Trump. They couldn't beat Trump. Right. Then they tried to slow down his nominations. They couldn't slow down his nominations. Now. Then they went to court to try and stop Musk. And I guess they got some relief in the court today. And now there and and now they're singing. You know what the next step is? You know where they're going with this?
Speaker 12: A music video? Racism, that's the stand by, racism could get get the R card out. That's true, you're right right, that's yeah. That doesn't work, then see what happens. I've seen the movie beat Peter Pete.
Speaker 1: That was that was BRUI. It sounds like me in the car. That doesn't sound like that sounded like a cat with its tail caught underneath a rocking chair. Ken Brew the Stooge reporters of proud service of your local Tame Star Heating and Air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati called Stacey Heating and Air Solutions five one three three six seven h E A T spots. They were probably taking rocking Know, Woody Guthrie sounded like what something. It sounded like somebody said, let's do a Woody Guthrie song.
Speaker 12: I mean that that that way, that looked like that sounded like an early, very early broadcast of the first Grand Ole Opry.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I mean that was awful. If you was.
Speaker 12: That the was that the Nancy Pelosi trio there or something or anybody send those people to Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: To do that? Seriously. If they did, then the people that sent them there did their head examine. Thank you.
Speaker 12: Red's update ken Brew pictures and catchers holding their first workout today at spring training camp.
Speaker 1: We've got some more people that are so Red's picture. Red Louder there.
Speaker 12: It is delayed entering camp because of elbow soreness that came up last month.
Speaker 1: Elbow soreness. It's already started. We had general soreness, stand by for major reconstruction.
Speaker 12: Infield or outfielder Spencer Steer the recovery from that shoulder soreness he dealt with late last season, so he looked like he's going to be a d H as the spring game start up in a week.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what they ought to do instead of giving these guys physicals, be bubble wrap, bubble wrap for the off season out spit them all with Salon pass here. Put him with patches all over the place. How they always how is it the Reds always wind up with these sore arms, sore knees? I mean, how does it? How do I'm always wind up with players like that? Don't ask me. But one guy that's already there is a La Day La Cruz. He seems to be okay.
Speaker 12: Yeah, more to night on the Hot Stove League at six oh five as senior vice president Reg's general manager Brad Medder there will be on the will be on the show tonight.
Speaker 1: You need to call him Sell This would be great. You should call in tonight and ask him how a pitcher Reet Louder could be sore when he hasn't done a damn thing. Thank you. Since September. That's true. How can he be sore and then Spencer he sore from something that ailed him last year? Don't they addressed these things?
Speaker 12: Seems well, at least seems like Matt McLean is okay. So that's that's one good thing. So at least right now, so we'll see what happens, all right. College basketball, Gisel James your good friend. Yeah, career matched his career high with twenty five last night the Bearcats beat Utah. How about Cam Kraft of Miami dropped forty career high forty points in Malette Hall as the RedHawks beat Toledo ninety two to eighty.
Speaker 1: You know, Travis Steele was miscast as the xavior head ghost. I'm telling you they're nineteen and five. I think you know. I mean, he wanted again ranked. It was a big job. He wanted the job, but in the end he was kind of miscast. Now he goes to a place where he can excel. Correct. He's got a great personality. Good players college basketball. You can change your roster overnight with that portal. Yep. And I'm not surprised that this is going on. I think he's I think he's in a perfect place.
Speaker 12: Right now, Number fifteen Kentucky beat number five Tennessee. As you know, the Wildcats are now seven to one versus teams ranked in the top twenty five this season. Xavier's on the road tonight against Providence at seven point thirty here on seven hundred WW. Also tonight Dayton and Fordham, Washington takes on the Ohio State and Louisville meets NC State.
Speaker 1: Did you see where Ohio State is probably going to hire former NFL op assistant Matt Patricia.
Speaker 12: Be their defensive coordinator. How about that? It's unbelievable, Andy Mack.
Speaker 1: He's the guy that always had his head cap on backwards out a pencil on it, exactly. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Let's see soccer today, Ken Brew a preseason finale for Orange and Blue right now in Florida Atlanta United in FC Cincinnati one to one, late second half late Luciano Acosta. Lucco Acosta is being traded to FC Dallas for five million dollars.
Speaker 1: I have inside information. Go ahead, I'm inside information. The guy that's going to replace Acosta, Evander, younger and better, is what I'm being told.
Speaker 12: The FC is gonna get one of the top players in the MLS. Evander is coming to the Queen City from the Portland Timbers, Younger and better. Fifteen goals last season. I don't know what to cost. His problem was why you know, you think I think he ran in with he had run ins with the front office or something. I don't know what the contract contract, right, Everything was all right and then all of a sudden it blew up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end of the last season, he's saying, well, it could be my last time playing for this team. All right, Yeah, you got a contract, correct, So I don't I think there's more of that story, and I think it'll come out.
Speaker 12: And I think FC Cincinnati plays Dallas later on this year.
Speaker 1: We'll see Cincinnati. I mean, with between him and Denkey, they ought to be pretty darn good this year. Amen to that.
Speaker 12: Let's see EHL hockey tonight. I beloved Cyclones. Yeah, Ken Brewer on the road up against those Iowa Heartlanders.
Speaker 1: Yes, seg I went to that on Saturday night. Know you went to Columbus. I saw your pictures. Unbelievable. How about that? Well, we parked the car and it was pouring rain. We were gonna walk to a restaurant and then we said right across the street. You ever been at this place across the phy is called Ted's Montana Grill. No, I haven't. It's unbelievable. Got great. They got bison burgers and every anyway. So we sat there, had some cocktails, went in the arena. Seats were great. They were about five six rows up from the glass center ice. Nice. You could hear us everybody could you could, You could hear everything, but the most every the most impressive thing that was there is a guy from the Columbus Blue Jackets. I don't know his name. The whistle blows and he takes his right hand and he just cold cocks this guy in the face. And the Rangers and you could hear everything where we're sitting, and the guy from the Rangers screams and falls down to the ice, and the Rangers bench starts going crazy. You know, So the referee skates over to the Rangers bench. I get it's like he's talking to me. He goes he said, ah, shut up, that guy wasn't hurt, and skidd it back out and dropped the pocket. Said this is fantastic, but that you know, that would have been fifteen yards and yeah, kicking a field goal to beat the Bengal Correct, But I'm just saying I was very impressed with the way that that whole operation went.
Speaker 12: They got well, they're in, they're in the playoff hunt. They finally got a good coach, they finally got a good GM yet and you know they got you know it? Yeah, and uh, but they're playing, they're playing well, overcoming overcoming you know the Goudro tragedy that happened before the season.
Speaker 1: Well, they got some players coming back too, That's true. I got some players coming back from from an NFL news can brew Fox and the super Bowl generated over eight hundred million dollars in ad revenue. Well that's nice. Good for that nice commission there. Maybe they'll stop the layoffs. Let's see what else. Oh uh uh oh.
Speaker 12: Travis Kelsey say he's going to take some time before making a decision whether or not he's going to return for a thirteenth NFL season.
Speaker 1: Gotta check with Tata. Correct. What is Tite say say about that? I don't know how about this. Joe Burrow goes on this podcast pardon my take, yes, and he starts, just starts. Joe Burrow is literally the general manager of the Bengals. You know that, right, correct, And he's on there he's saying, would would he take a restructured contract to keep teegins? Yeah, yeah, we do. I say the Eagles are doing it, we should do it. I wonder just just wondering, just wondering in the confines of pay Stubs Stadium or whatever the hell it's being called now, Hey, Corey whatever, Mike Brown and Duke Toban if they like what's going on here where he's going everywhere and just talking about like weeah bring him in, bring a sickie back, bring this and it's kind of like, yeah, yeah, get them all back. Yeah, you know, I mean, Duke toba is probably why am I here? We just let Joe run the team. He's spending all and Mike saying he spending all my money. Well, they got to do something, Canguru to keep number nine happy? Well, you got to keep number nine happy. If he's not happy, nobody, that's exactly right. Something else here for He said, you recognize this Billy Idol? Yeah, rock the Cradle of Love. You know why I'm playing this? SEGA Hall of Fame nominations are out. Do you think Billy Idol gets in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the class of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 12: I know outcast is in there too, aren't he outcast yet?
Speaker 1: Bad Company? You got the Black Crows, Mariah Carey, you got Chubby Checker. He's not in there yet. No as an outrage, Joe Cocker, Cindy Lauper, She's not going in uh joy Division, New Order, maybe, but not this year. Mana mana maybe outcast fish Fish. I went to a fish concert once. Yeah, I was on the roof and about I mean it was just it was I was there for like three minutes. I was on the roof from the from the Fumes sound Garden. I don't know. Maybe yet, Papasa the White Stripes. This is a strong class here. You got twenty twenty five. But the big question is, say, if you could rock the Cradle of Love, would you rick it? Would you rock it? Yes?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I've worried dunnack Okay, uh, But do you think Philly Idol's getting in? I probably would think so. I think he's getting it. I mean he did those TV commercials pretty funny. Oh they were very good. Yeah, yeah, I mean he's had like a resurgence. It was like a rock star. You know what his real name is, Richard Todd, Billy Broad, Billy Broad. Anyway, I'm Casey Casem feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. You got it, ken Brew? Say do we have anything else in sports? I think that's it. Okay, I got the things you should not do on Valentine's Day coming up at two o'clock. You know Valentine's Day is coming out Friday. You'll be taking care of Denise. I mean, of course, are you kidding her? I'm not coming home. Well, you probably wouldn't be let in. No, that's true. That good point. Say, can you get us out of the Stewge Report and will you be back at two thirty?
Speaker 12: We'll be back to thirty, ken Brew, In honor of the Reds opening up their first workout and hopefully nobody else gets hurt, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stowe Report.
Speaker 11: A say in the Capital City sound you're Red with.
Speaker 10: The Union or a savvy must plood house.
Speaker 1: You know what I get. You took the words right out of my mouth. That group's not getting in every I'll see you in an hour. So yeah, I'd rather play this. I'd rather have Billy Broad those knitwits. Anyway, I hope you're rocking the cradle love wherever you are today. Seven hundred l w all right, two nine, Welcome on in. It's the average American in for the great American on this Wednesday. Great to have you with us. I say that all the but I mean it because without you, who are way, we're all in this together. And I meant this program, not all the other stuff. One of those phrases that just drove me crazy during the pandemic. But we are. It's kind of like it's a give and take care. And I'm glad you're with us today. I'm glad you're with us every day at my age, I'm glad anybody's listening to me. Valentine's Day is coming up on Friday. Now. That could be breaking news to some of the male persuasion out there, because invariably a lot of of guys wait till the last minute and figure out, oh, or what am I going to do now? And I think the longer you are in a relationship, whether it be a marriage or just a long term commitment, you should know the other person better. Than what you learned or knew of them when you first met them. But also there's a sameness that sets in, and there's also kind of like, you know, I listen a little bit, I don't listen a little bit. I pay attention, I don't pay attention. I guess there's a normalcy that takes away from what ought to be a focus on what that person is all about and what they like. And it works the other way too. I'm not just saying it only flows one way. It flows the other way. But if you're just starting a relationship, whatever you do, don't don't do anything stupid, like a gift certificate to a gym or rolling in with a peloton or anything else that may be There are also some things you probably shouldn't do as well. Come Friday dinner reservations, Well, yeah, that's nice, but it may not be the best thing. In fact, a survey was taken a few years ago. I don't have the name of the people that took it, but it said a fancy dinner was only appreciated by the significant other ten percent of the time, and I thought that was kind of low. Anyway, let's figure out what's going on here. Because I know a lot of us are clueless and a lot of us just want a little last minute help. It is, after all, less than forty eight hours away. Standing by is the woman I turned to whenever things come to the affairs of the heart. I have had Jen Steyers on quite a bit because she knows of what she speaks, and she has twenty five years as a professional relationship expert. She is, in essence, not just a matchmaker, but making sure what she's matched has a good chance of succeeding. By the way, She's got a podcast called The Lovability Show with Jennifer Styers, and here she is my expert on all of this. Jen, how are you on this glorious Wednesday?
Speaker 13: I am great. I am great getting everybody ready for Valentine's Day, big project here.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I think if you're in a long relationship, maybe if you've been married for a while, or perhaps you're just in a long significant relationship, you probably or should know the other person well. But I mean, as you know from your business, sometimes you're in a relationship that's new. Sometimes it's just starting to germinate, and okay, my gosh, here it comes. What do I do. I don't want to make a mistake. What do you tell people that are feel a little hamstrung at this time of the year.
Speaker 13: Well, it's a tricky time and I don't care. You know, there's people that have been in a relationship a long time that still aren't doing the right thing at Valentine's Day, And so it applies to everyone, but it's especially tricky. Like if you just met somebody and you don't know them that well, maybe you you know, are casually dating, but it's Valentine's Day and you don't know whether to even acknowledge it that you better acknowledge it. As women, even if they're not romantic, you'll want it to be acknowledged. So let me start from that ken because I think the very first thing is let's not project our own stuff or we assume that somebody is going to be a big Valentine's taper. Can if you don't know Wine very well and you've never experienced a Valentine's Day with her, ask her what is the Valentine's dates coming up?
Speaker 6: What does that mean to you? What do you want to do?
Speaker 13: Is it's something you know you'd like to do, something special? Because she make them know, you know, yeah, I mean she might. A lot more people are getting there.
Speaker 1: And if you're on the other side of that question, I think the worst thing that that person can say, be it male or female, is I don't know or I don't know, what do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I guess that maybe throws it back on the person asking, But I mean, at least if you're in a relationship and you know Valentine's Day is coming, at least have an idea that if I'm asked, this is kind of what I'd like to do. I think I think that helps the ask the ask er. I suppose at that point, I love.
Speaker 13: That you know what you just gave me. You just gave me a guy's perspective, you know, because guys have to do the asking typically, and I guess women don't ever think about the fact that they you know, they need to think about that, or don't think about that, or think about what kind of response they're going to get when since they are asking. That's really kind of sad that they have to think about that. But having said that, I do think it's important. Here's like the general rule, if you are dating somebody, you're just getting to know them if you if you don't know them well at all, maybe I've only been on one or two dates, and it's still very superficial, always a little hard, and asking or out to dinner is a great way to go. It doesn't have to be over the top. But I would always ask what Valentine's Day to you?
Speaker 6: What do you like to do?
Speaker 13: But go for love languages. When you know somebody, you've been dating them a while, you've been listening to them, Do they like qualities? Time with you, that's your gifts, doing something with them on Valentine's sat If they like gifts, it's showering them with several gifts and making them feel special. And if words of affirmation, same thing. It would be you know a lot of visual cards, you know, writing on the bathroom mirror, whatever it may be, leaving little love note places, those kind of things would work for that. So know what somebody's love language is and that's how they're going to receive Valentine.
Speaker 1: Really, it doesn't get easier as you get deeper into a relationship. I mean, look, if you're married thirty years and if you don't know what your wife likes or would like, to do or what is romantic to her. It might be a good eye a time to perhaps seek out some therapy for yourself. Because it's been there for the last thirty years. Why don't you understand what that person that's so important in your life likes. But even so it's very difficult. I think you should never lose and this is just an opinion. I should you should never lose creativity in a relationship because I think if you do, that's where things started to go stale. And creativity is tested each year at this time. So in other words, flex those muscles during the years so it doesn't feel like a workout at the gym every February fourteenth.
Speaker 13: That would be my add I don't love your philosophy.
Speaker 6: You need to have my job.
Speaker 13: I know, I mean it like that's it's such great advice. I think you know you had had originally said, and that was actually how I was feeling about it, that people that are married should know what you know their significant other life. But Gidni A mazed as a counselor to how many people don't and how many you know why we'll say your husbands will say, well, they didn't even do this for me or didn't remember this, or you know, I've always loved this, but I didn't get you know, I never got that. And and so we should be looking at ways to go out of our way to date our person again, to you know, to find the things that they liked, to listen for them, because they tell you, you know, it's just a matter of do I want to meet their needs and make them happy. And that's the goal of our relationship, for our long term, happier relationship, is to make each other happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was married to my late wife for thirty seven years, and what we got on we had children and everything. We would go out on a Saturday night and we had a rule no kid talk. We didn't talk about the kids. We didn't talk about what was going on at school or who was doing what. We just talked about each other and we talked about family and how we were going to progress in our relationship. So we could do the same thing the next time we had a no kid dinner. But I just think it's important to remember that before all these other things in your life, kids at home and parents that are aging and all that, it was you and them. And that's what I think you got to.
Speaker 13: Get back to I love that, you know what that's that is some solid advice.
Speaker 6: I don't know why job.
Speaker 1: I don't want your jobs, Jen, I swear to God, I don't want your job.
Speaker 13: You know why you were married for thirty seven years.
Speaker 6: I mean if you take people that have made.
Speaker 13: It work for thirty seven years, that's a good rule. I mean you just taught everybody something and myself included. You know, that's a that's such a great idea is to just get the conversation about the kids. And let's just be honest. A lot of women like and families if their relationship becomes about the kids as they're growing, and it doesn't become up and that's where people lose each other and that's why we see divorced after the kids are gone. So what a great way to connect. My parents are have been married for over sixty years and they had amazing and they did date nights. I remember them leaving us, there five of us, and I remember them leaving us once a week to go on a date night.
Speaker 6: Thought there was just bither sanity, but.
Speaker 13: They would go out on a date and they still date each other even today. They still date and go on trips and date It's crazy, it's beautiful.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wonderful. God blessen. That's that's absolutely terrific. I think, and I think another mistake that people do. I think guys do this. I'm not sure. I don't think women do this, but I think guys do this. They'll get a Valentine's gift for their wife and they'll say something like, oh, you know what, well, I uh, I'm going to get this for you because I think it'd look good on you. They're saying this to themselves, or get this because you know it might be kind of funny, you know, the old furry handcuffs, the lingerie, the underwear. It's really a gift for them. It's not for the wife. So first of all, X that off your list, right, Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, It's important that you give your anybody whoever you're giving a gift to, something that they want and need that's not going to offend anything that would imply that they're overweight, that they you know, need to need to spend more time doing your makeup or you.
Speaker 6: Know, going right.
Speaker 13: I mean, badays are always a good way to go. I think with both. I mean, men need massages.
Speaker 6: You and I.
Speaker 13: Love spotte together for Valentine. It's such a great time.
Speaker 1: In the same room.
Speaker 13: Yeah, like get a couple of massage and a lot of them. A lot of the spas have like hot tubs and things like that where you can hang out together and just do a day of it.
Speaker 8: Hand for yourself.
Speaker 13: Yeah, men need it too, And then you know, get men can sit next to their wives and get a peticure. Their girlfriends can get a peticure or manicure. Not a bad thing, not a.
Speaker 1: Bad thing, not a bad thing at all, gentstiers or gues. She's the dating relationship expert. We'll talk about how you can find her and help her find you somebody significant. I think it's so tough to find meaningful relationships anymore. And you and I have talked about this a lot. The online dating game, I think frightens a lot of people, and rightfully so, because you don't know what you're getting yourself into. And the old adage, well we'll meet meet somebody at church or all, introduce you to somebody or well, you know, I just I just said it's difficult because to flying and again I'm speaking anecdotally here. You can speak from certainly from expertise. I think the problem is is there's not enough going in to get what you need going out. And I think you've got to be honest with yourself if you're getting involved with someone like you as so, who am I, what do I like, what do I want? And what do I think I would bring to a relationship. The onus, really, I think, is on the person that is seeking that relationship, not necessarily the person that is going to be your ultimate muse, and not certainly somebody like you. Honesty going in only breeds honesty coming out right.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 13: I mean it's a great point. I think people blindly go into relationships and are always looking for what is this person going to do for me? How are they going to make my life better? How are they going to meet my needs? How are they going to make me happy? Instead of first of all, having all that yourself and knowing all that yourself that's so so important. Another person isn't there to fix you or make you happy. You have to be whole yourself and know what you want. I mean, you said it.
Speaker 6: That's the miss that's the.
Speaker 13: Piece, that's why people go from one thing to another to another. This person didn't have this, they did this. You know, it's always about I just can't find the right person. If that's you and you're listening and you're like, that's me, I just you know, I'm too picky or I haven't found the right person yet, they just haven't showed up. That is a sure sign that you need to get clearer on who you are and what you're looking for, because you're not attracting it. You're the one picking those people, and if you're picking the wrong people, it's because of that.
Speaker 6: You know, I will have.
Speaker 13: A little caveat here go the online dating space, which isn't doing well right now. Matches like in all their brands, are in major trouble because everybody is getting past this Mike like, it's not they don't want the superficial connection anymore. But it has led to the problem of not only people superficially looking for things. But if you heard this, I've heard some stories in the last week. I'm starting an app myself, but it's a matchmaking up so it's different. But these people have PTSD from these dating app It's crazy. But they've been ghosted and they think it's them and then it starts affecting their self esteem. I had a lady that didn't want to get dressed for a date because she's said she's going to show up and he's.
Speaker 6: Not going to show up.
Speaker 13: And I mean literally, I'm not very baous here thinking about it. Yeah yeah, yeah, but they weren't on the dating app, so she would literally go down the dating app, get ready, go to the restaurant or wherever she's meeting this guy, and they wouldn't show up. So she was terrified when she's got on my app that the guy wasn't going to show up. And I'm like, where is this coming from? But this is real, you know, this is real damage that people have suffered from that. It's time that people, you know, slow down and go about this the old fashioned way, whether that is you know, first getting to know yourself and then you know, trying to find a quality of relationship and taking your time.
Speaker 1: To do that, and then find Jen Steyers because she would be your guy. Absolutely. You're at love Jen l O V e j e w n j e n N dot com. And when they go there, Jen, I've been there because I've seen what you're all about. Obviously, I've had you on my show quite a bit. What would someone find that has never been on your website?
Speaker 6: Where would they find it?
Speaker 1: No, how what would they find when they actually get to lovegen dot com?
Speaker 13: What I said, a lot, there's a lot. There's a kind of media stories and links on their queue. I always love to send people, even though that the.
Speaker 6: Right sales pitch.
Speaker 13: Would you to send him to my website because there's lots of information about finding love and different options available and coaching and.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 13: But I could go to my Facebook page, my personal Facebook page, because I post every day and I get coaching for people. And at the end of the day, what I really want to do is help and educate people because the more information we have, like today, the better people chances are of actually finding love and being happier.
Speaker 1: And Jen knows of what she speaks. She's been at this for quarter of a century. Jen twenty five years. Yeah, it's always great having you on. Stay well and for you personally. Happy Valentine's Day and I'm sure we'll talk again down the road.
Speaker 13: Thanks man, appreciate it, Thanks thanks for having met you.
Speaker 1: Bet you know, just don't do anything stupid, It's just common sense. Just don't do anything stupid. Little things too. You know, I'm not exactly romantic. I'm just saying logically, just little things and don't do anything stupid. And listen when the other person's talking, sound like, who was that the doctor Ruth? She was the doctor Judy? Whoever? The on the radio love and Relationships? Who was that? I don't remember. It's a long time ago. You forget a lot of things. That's the problem with getting old to twenty six news radio seven hundred w welw.
Speaker 14: Yeah. So you could do a couple of different things. You could convert some of the money to a signing bonus.
Speaker 1: Okay, will lower the cap hit.
Speaker 14: You can push some of the money to the back end of the contract, and then when you get to that lowers the cap hit. And then when you get to the back end of the contract you can restructure it and convert it to a signing bonus.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then you can also just take less money. And which one were you going to do?
Speaker 9: We'll see, Hello, buyet and I'm broadcasting's capologist.
Speaker 1: He knows exactly what's going on.
Speaker 12: For the first time this offseason, there at can Brew the Bengals court of last GM. Joe Burrow divulging key details in a contract restructure that could help franchise the franchise sign some key players to long term deals on the pardon might take podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, seg he might be the smartest guy the Bengals ever drafted. I would think though they had some smart guys on that team from from time to time. Yep. Who was the guy that was was before I got to Cincinnati. He was the punter and he wound up making these like little figures for Kenny the starting lineup. That was Pat Mcanalen. Yeah he was a smart guy. Yeah, smart guy. Yeah. Boomer was a smart guy. Yeah, very smart guy. Yep. A lot of smart guys. But I think Joe Burrow is like the smartest guy they ever drafted. He knows a lot about a lot of different things. Yep.
Speaker 12: And he's you know, he got two hundred and seventy five million dollars to just defer, defer, defer, just defer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all you're gonna do.
Speaker 12: I mean, he's not going to say anything yet, but I mean that's what he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's he gonna do? I know, well, I think he's got the wheels and motions, right, I think what he's got. I think that was a little window into what's going on. It's like, okay, we can do this, right, and he's probably got his agent or his tax advisor. I mean, at his level, more than half is probably going to the federal government anyway then go. So he's probably thinking, okay, well this could betefit me in the long run. Just defer, defer. Also, like Bobby Bonia, he's still getting paid in the next ten years, isn't he. I think they just they dies.
Speaker 12: Yeah. They they just ended with Griffy Junior in the Reds what last year?
Speaker 1: Right, So that was it. So you know, Burrow's probably thinking, well, if Bobby Benia can do this, I can do this.
Speaker 12: And according to reports, now can brew. Bengals defensive captain and leading tackler Jermaine Pratt has apparently requested a trade. Yeah, because they're going to and maybe we're going to reunite with leu An Arumo in Indianapolis.
Speaker 11: Fourth down end goal from the nine seventeen seconds to go to play clock at three shot, snap car throws.
Speaker 1: The football coffin. Now, bam, bam, bam. How about that? It ends on a turnover.
Speaker 4: Man about it.
Speaker 12: You know when you were doing the games, you never let lap them do that coffin nails, did you?
Speaker 1: We didn't have coffin nails stock because there weren't a lot of wins. He got a point, He got a point there, ken Brew. When I did those games, they didn't win many games I think iggured up, including exhibition games. I think in five years, I think they won twenty games. Ken Brew. On that note, to the stooge reporters of Proud Service, every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers, Thamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati, Colway Oma Air won eight eight, eight nine nine six h v A C spots Red's update eight. They took words right out of my mouth.
Speaker 12: Red pitchers and catchers went through their first workout today. More in the Hot Stove League tonight at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW special guest Red Senior Vice President and GM Brad Medder.
Speaker 1: Who's hosting that that hot stove thing?
Speaker 12: That would be uh, that would be Tommy, Tommy T Thrall, Yeah, and Jim I love it in the day, Okay, so they must be and they're out in Arizona. Yes, it'll be live from a goodyear Arizona. Don't the game start like a week from the week from Saturday, Saturday against the Guardians.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: College basketball tonight Zavier in Providence, Big East play seven thirty seven undred WLW also Daton and Fordham Louisville and NC State in Washington meets Ohio State. Soccer pre season finale today in Florida. Atlanta United An FC Cincinnati battle to a two to two tie, two two to two and no Acosta.
Speaker 1: No Acosta.
Speaker 12: He's headed off to Dallas and then Evander Vander is headed here from the Portland Timbers. Like you said, better player, younger, fifteen goals last season.
Speaker 1: You know, when they introduce him the PN, I don't even know who the p announcer is, TQL, but what he's got to do is he's got to do what they do with those hockey games, you know. Yeah, yeah, you don't just see the guy's name. It'd be like, yeah, it's got to last about like five minutes like that. Like the Spanish guys when they when they go go go, go go go, Yeah, right, yeah, I think that's I think that's a little tip you know, we could pass on to Jeff Burden or something. I'm sure he's listening intently. I hope.
Speaker 12: Let's see the Reds are in agreement with right hand or reliever Scott Barlow.
Speaker 1: Oh thank god, I was worried about that. And night.
Speaker 12: He's appeared in sixty three games for the Guardians last season. His hair has passed his shoulders ken Brew bobble head number seventy five this year, and if he's with the Reds. The first thing I thought of, guy's got, I mean haired past his shoulders.
Speaker 1: You know, Bengo, I got a bobblehead idea. What could you not have when Marge Shot owned the team?
Speaker 12: You have mustache? Yeah, beards and mustaches. Yeah, you couldn't have long hair. No, So they should do a Marge Shot bobblehead and have Marge with hair down past her shoulders.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I think that thing. That would be a big deal. I think another marketing idea that nobody will ever listen to me or give me credit for. They always don't. That's the EHL Hockey.
Speaker 12: Tonight, our beloved Cyclones are on the road against Iowa. Looks like former longtime Patriots defensive coordinator. Mac Patricia is getting the same job at Ohio State.
Speaker 1: How about Jim Tressel, How about that second in command in Ohio? How did that come? I mean did that? I mean, did anybody think about that? I don't know.
Speaker 12: I mean did you think when when I heard that? I went, what the maybe did.
Speaker 1: Mike and the job interview said, Jim, Yeah, have we cleared up tattoo gate? Has that finally been cleared up? That's right? We don't have any problems with that, right, no problems with that? We were okay? Yeah, say how about this, Oh Jame Joe Cocker, Oh Joe Cocker. That would be every time they sang, I thought it hurt. You know, he didn't. He didn't sing a lot of original stuff his art stuff, but he did great work with other people's stuff. Of course. Joe Cocker is nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twenty twenty five. About that, I don't think he'll get in. I don't think so. Okay, I think he'll eventually get in. Cindy Lapper get in. No, okay, we'll get in outcast. Yeah, carry'll get in.
Speaker 12: Yeah, uh, they'll have he sings that Christmas song Oasis will get in Okay, Yeah, but I don't know about Joe.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're dead, it's a little tough. I mean, I can't believe that Chubby Checkers not in there. Well he's up for you know, I don't know, but I mean I think he should have been in there a long time ago. Well, you know, the dance was like the dance craze in America, but it was sixty years ago. So most of the people that were dancing, they're dead. I'm saying, it's a little tough. When the grim reaper comes calling, right, oftentimes he takes your legacy with him, and so I made there are a lot of people that remember, but there are a lot of people that forget. You know what I'm saying. I'm just saying the music right well, yeah, I mean, I mean, my gosh, the Grammys two nights ago. I didn't watch it because it was an absolute freak show. But the Rock and Roll Awards, they didn't even televise him. The Rolling Stones won the Best Rock and Roll Album of twenty twenty four. They didn't even televise it wasn't part of the television. They awarded it to the Rolling Stones before the television event. Really yeah, then we're walking around, you know, people walking aroun around with their heads in television sets or whatever that guy was doing. I'm tired enough of this, I mean, the guy that then, And what about Kanye.
Speaker 12: West his wife? Well, you know, I mean that's not there in the imagination. I can guarantee you that.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this, Yeah, I probably wouldn't have any problem looking at it. But if you got to do that to get attention, that probably tells me you don't have a whole lot of time.
Speaker 12: And then that Will Smith's kid had a castle on his head.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. He had like it. Look his head was looked like.
Speaker 12: There's another there's another promotion for the reds wi Will Smith kid bought. No, I'm saying, get hats like that Riverfront Stadium, Synergy Field. Maybe when they imploded Synergy Field, get a hat around your head like that.
Speaker 1: Come on, I mean, come on, it's got to be something. There's money to be made at everything, sir, that's true.
Speaker 12: Also, Ken Brew, Yes, they run for the poll tonight at Daytona. Any Hamlin in practice today one hundred and eighty seven miles an hour and Bubba Wallace at one eighty six.
Speaker 1: Any Hamlin drives a Toyota, that's correct, all three top three or Toyotas. Yeah, how about that? So Chevrolet and Florida Pabby screaming, Well we'll see. I don't know. You know, it's one thing to get the fastest, it's another thing to be there when the checker flag drops bingo. It's kind of like life. You can go through life, live fast, die hard, leave a nice corpse, or you could either be there for the long run. That's right, you're there for the long run. Anything else going on? I don't think so. I think that's enough. Well, Seg, why don't you get us out of the Stooge Report? Because I got Rocky's going to stick his head in here and we're going to talk about doze doge ken brew.
Speaker 12: In honor of a nice day here in the tri State where you need some tempstar, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 10: Oh which side are you? Which side are you on?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 10: Which side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: This is awful? I mean, seriously, it sounds like me in the car. Do you think anybody's sitting here watch and go, Hey, that's that's good. They're right. I'm gonna vote like they do.
Speaker 12: I think it's a I think it's going to be a special. They're going to get in on the rock and roll Hall of Fame on a one hit wonder.
Speaker 1: They had some woman I don't know where she was a representative front.
Speaker 12: Who is that is that? Are those congress people singing?
Speaker 1: I hope because that's if they are, That's that's fodder for the next cycle of election.
Speaker 4: Is that is that?
Speaker 1: The Is that the choir in the Senate? Exactly? Okay, that's the Elizabeth Warren five right there? Oh my god, say I gotta go the whole can Brook. You got that right, sip I'm rocking. Well, that's what I plan to do. You see if you see the microphone rocking, don't come and knocking on seven hundred two fifty four News Radio seven hundred WLW. One of the greatest presidents in the history of our country was Gerald Ford. In my opinion, he became president at a time of great peril, great uncertainty in this country, and he understood, I think down deep later in life, that all he served was as a bridge from the Nixon era and all of that turmoil to the peace and harmony of Ronald Reagan, with perhaps a little burpon between. From Jimmy Carter. I am more like that bridge. In that burp. All I do is just try and get this plane from one take off to one landing. And now I've landed, and what do you know, it's going to take off again with Rocky Moyman in the left seat and Eddie Fingers in the right. But before they go through their final checks, we have Rocket j Boyman with us right now. Rocky, how are you ken? You're the best?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm great? If I'm the best. We need to find an thet No doubt, man, no doubt. So let me ask you about this doage thing. I ask a lot of people this, and I can't get a straight answer. But why do you think the Democrats are so so adamant about preventing anyone from doing a deep dive into their business, the business of government? What are they afraid of? What do they try to protect.
Speaker 5: Because they're afraid they're going to be next? I think everyone's you knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew it.
Speaker 5: A lot of people knew it for the longest time, like the government is wasting our money, right, you just knew it, but you couldn't prove it. And the beauty of Doge and Eon Musk is they have found the way through the various resources to expose that. And the folks that hate it, I mean it's hard to understand, but I think once you realize they know their next, They know their little project, their little money laundering, little thing that they had gone, their little cause that they gave to it is no longer going to be funded and it's going to be exposed. I think that's what they're afraid of. And for the longest time, it's funded these stupid programs.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, you know, folks you know in northern Ohio are still recovering from the you know, the train to Rema. You know, folks on the east and Napalachia are still recovering from the hurricane. You know, these people don't have money yet are our money, our taxpayer money is going to fund projects overseas to countries that don't even really like us. I think they realized their little project is next, and that's what they're scared of.
Speaker 1: Well, that money is going to illegal immigrants, and we just saw fifty four I think fifty nine million go to illegal immigrants through FEMA, which was a direct violation of what President Trump ordered as opposed to going to North Carolina, as opposed to going to even Los Angeles and those fires. But what they're doing is it's you know, I don't know who they think they're fooling. They're really not. I mean, with half a brain cell knows exactly what they're doing. For example, they're judge shopping. They're going to every single liberal judge they can find to stop Trump. They're going to every single judge they've gone to has either been appointed by Biden or Obama or Clinton. And they've gone to all of these judges. And the White House got some relief earlier today that will allow them some freezing of federal funds. But the fact is, I don't think they're fooling. They're not fooling anybody. Anybody that understands how this works know that you try and get somebody elected, and when you can't get somebody elected, then you go to the courts, and if the courts don't give you a relief, then you go to the media and you scream, Well, the person trying to do this is stand by for it because it's coming. This person is a racist, and that's what you're going to hear next. It's a playbook that they've used for decades. And I don't understand why they think they're going to get away with it this time. I really don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think they will because America has woken up. I think people have seen right through that the mainstream media that has lied to us for decades has been exposed.
Speaker 1: No one believes them.
Speaker 5: That they shot themselves in the foot with you know, countless things that they've ignored and things that they tried to say weren't true but turned out to be, you know, that sort of things. They ruined all their credibility, so no one believes them. So even as loud as they may scream about something, no one listens to what they're saying. And you know, here we are, I mean, I mean, say, how can anybody be against finding government waste?
Speaker 1: And most people are not.
Speaker 5: Eighty probably eighty five percent of Americans are screaming, yeah, go get it, go find mores.
Speaker 1: We know it's been there.
Speaker 5: So now the folks they find themselves in the precarious position of being against folks that are finding government waste and that the average American can't relate to that person, so they're even further on the island.
Speaker 1: Well, I am the average Americans seeing here today filling in for the great American And of course you and Rocky, I'm sorry you and Eddie are just a few seconds away. What's on the program today? What are we going to hear? What is going to be the first topic that we'll be able to chew on here right after the news?
Speaker 5: So right out of the gate, we have a Nick onianaka's local restaurant guy going to talk about you know, this economy is starting to get kickstarted here, but a lot of folks, especially in the restaurant industry, are finding it hard to find people that can work or want to work. They're not able to fill their workforce, and it's hard to understand why because COVID was what four years ago, five years ago, so that that excuse can't be there anymore. So what is the reason we'll talk to Nick about that minute four o'clock, we're going to talk to Bill Dendy.
Speaker 1: I think an interesting topic.
Speaker 5: Trump, of course, came out last week and said, or maybe beginning of this week. It's hard to keep track because things happening so fast with him, but I think it was Monday. I said he's going to do away with a penny. And I believe he said it cost two cents to make penny. I believe the real number is like three point six cents to make one penny.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get rid of it. What does that look like? How will that work?
Speaker 5: We'll talk to a little bit Dendy about that, and then we will have the average American, say the great American, maybe the average American Willie. He's gonna he's gonna call in from the bunker from the five o'cock. Yeah, go to call in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Defy took those octogenarians money on the golf course today in Florida. He's gonna call him least them for all their money.
Speaker 5: And then he's gonna he's gonna call a collect here to the studio, of course, and uh, we'll talk to him at five.
Speaker 1: Well, you two have a great show because you deserve nothing less rockets. Stay well, you two can thank you, Levy. I said, Hi, yes, on seven hundred W WELLW