Speaker 1: It's time for tech talk.
Speaker 2: The machines are getting smarter. This is tech Talk, brought to you by Skynet.
Speaker 1: Well, you're fresh out of luck.
Speaker 3: If you are, I have not yet purchased something, or bought a thing, or written a poem or whatever. However people celebrate Valentine's Day, Mark Saltzman, our tech guru, is joining us to talk about how the world of technology may be able to help our love life.
Speaker 2: I'm your love guru today, not your tech guru.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to say that out loud, but that's fine, Mark.
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 4: Not bad things? I guess Shannon is off again today. Let me guess the dentist.
Speaker 1: Yes. As a matter of fact, it.
Speaker 2: Is sensing a theme here.
Speaker 3: She got a punch card. I think the next one is free, so good good.
Speaker 4: That'll help out at the when she opens up her credit card bills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's Thursday, so we like to talk tech and I figured, with tomorrow being Valentine's Day, to change hats from tech guru to love guru, or the two can be the same. I can wear both hats because yes, you can leverage AI to hop out, or if you're having a Gallantine's Date date tonight with your girlfriends, you know instead of Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: That's a becoming a bigger trend.
Speaker 4: I've got some ideas. Yeah, there's actually there was a great article. I just want to tip my hat both of them to cnet dot com. They published an article about some great ways that AI can help you plan a great Valentine's Day. So the easy sort of the low hanging fruit is that you can use these free AI image generation tools to print out a custom card. So you don't want to give it on flimsy paper. You want good stock. But you can create a beautiful royalty free image and the words and even ask the AI to help you with words. And you know, if the cards that you're looking at at your wherever, your CVS, your your local store are lame because as all the good ones are taken, you can print out your own customized, personalized Valentine's Day card. So you can definitely take advantage of some of those tools. But if you are looking to have a good date night, there are a couple of dedicated AI platforms. One is called four lovebirds dot com. That's the number four where it's basically an AI date idea generator, so it doesn't have to be for Valentine's Day, but you type in where you are and it'll give you some suggestions. So using La as an example, it gave me everything from a sunset picnic at Griffith Observatory and it gives you a description of what's going on there, a dinner at a rooftop restaurant, so you can have a nice panoramic view of the La skyline if the rain.
Speaker 2: Doesn't impede your view as it might tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, strolling along Santa monicap here of course at tend to live jazz performance. So you can even specify your budget with some of these, like like Chat, GPT or Google Gemini. You can say for under one hundred dollars or whatever, right, and it'll give you some ideas. Another one Gary is called the Dateidea dot Com, same idea, but you don't have to say where you are.
Speaker 2: You can if you want.
Speaker 4: There are a couple of things you can click, like third date or meal based or indoor date which might be ideal.
Speaker 2: For the rain.
Speaker 4: And then it basically gives you a bunch of ideas and links as well. So there are these free tools that you can leverage and get very specific. You can say between this hour and this hour, I'd like to take my partner on a date or within this budget or in this area, and it'll it'll do a great.
Speaker 2: Job for you.
Speaker 4: So planning your Valentine's Day, printing out a custom personalized card, these are all great ways. And of course, as you've hinted that off the top, even having it write a poem for you, feed it some information like where you met, how long you've been together, what you know, maybe your Valentine's dates, favorite hobbies are, and it'll print out probably probably a very cheesy poem, but it'll do it for you.
Speaker 1: All right, you're a tech guy.
Speaker 3: How would you react if you knew that missus Mark Saltzman used AI to write the card expressing her heartfelt love for the partner of her life.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'd be too offended, because there's still effort needed to help you write it. I mean, unless you're gifted and you know how to write a go a good poem, I don't know. It could and if it's really cheesy, it could actually be charming. But yeah, I'm looking at the glass half full here. To our listeners who are thinking, am I going to get in more trouble by using AI, well you can even say to the AI, don't make it sound like AI, like don't forget like I think we talked about this the other day. If you're asking for your AI to explain something to you, you can say, explain it to me like a a ten year old, or explain it to me that doesn't sound so much like AI, and it'll actually do a better job. So if you don't want to be honest with your significant other, then yes, you can try to pass it off as if it's yours or just omit the fact that you leverage day I. But hey, your your partner may have been doing the same to you and you didn't realize it. I mean, if you're getting a custom card that says your name and some other personalized information of personalized image, then obviously you use DAI.
Speaker 2: Why not? You know, why not just lean into it a little bit? Right there?
Speaker 1: You go, right Valentine card, Like I'm a sixth grader.
Speaker 4: But if you use deep Seek from China, then now the CCP knows every you.
Speaker 2: And your partner, So just be aware about that.
Speaker 3: Just another information dump that they've got there, go exactly they need more.
Speaker 1: Well, enjoy your time with your wife for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to you, Thank you, you bet.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Shannon will be back next week.
Speaker 3: Mark Saltzman follow Mark on x m r C Underscore Saltsman, We come back