Speaker 1: Eddie Dragon, who's in New Mexico. And it's a privileged to have eddiean because he's independently wealthy. He doesn't need to do this. He owns his own radio station. He doesn't need this to get any more attention. He has plenty of attention.
Speaker 2: And yet he.
Speaker 1: Travels to places like Utah. There's nothing there, and he goes to places like he lives in New Mexico. Moments Moments from Jeffrey Epstein's Zoro Ranch oddly uninvestigated by our government. Eddie, how are you doing tonight, Walter.
Speaker 2: I'm fine and I'm enjoying the program. I just returned from Utah. There is a lot there. There is actually quite a bit going on in Solid Lake City.
Speaker 1: What's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Did he you know? I didn't think it was that big, but it's about sixty miles and I went from Hill Air Force Base where the Minuteman missiles are manufactured for our nation's defense. There. I have a friend who's a colonel there, top secret by the way, and it's just a fascinating place. The industry that they have, their defense industry. You know, obviously, you know the LDS is there, that is the Latter day Saints. Do you know, Walter, that is also going to be a trillion dollar religious organization within the next five years. I thought that was just, you know, unfathomable.
Speaker 1: And well, they have tithing, you see that. That's where they're smart. Unlike the Catholics of the Episcopalians, they have tithing. You want to be a member of the Church of Ladder Day States, you're going to give up twenty percent of your income.
Speaker 2: Is it twenty percent? Yes? Is it double double? I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: You know, the Mormons, and you have to have a haircut like an Osmond. Your hair looks has to look like Donnie Osmond's.
Speaker 2: Interestingly enough, I saw the Donny and Marie Osmond's old stomping grounds in orem Utah and their old studio. Actually walked inside their old studio. Unbelievable. You know, they are sort of a force of entertainment nature from the seventies in the early eighties.
Speaker 1: But well, Donna Donnie was very successful and smart, and they were actually one of the few entertainment groups that raised their own stock that went public. You could buy stock in their company.
Speaker 2: I did not know that that's that's also fascinating.
Speaker 1: And that's how they bought That's how they built that studio. They were able to raise money through the markets.
Speaker 2: You know, I had a Mormon as a business partner when I did commercial real estate, and I found out, you know, they are fantastic business people. They really just know, very trustworthy, very but once you stop working with them the Mormon way of doing business, you find yourself on the outside. Also, it is also very unique about the Mormon religion. They also have a abnormally large share of employment within the Three letter agencies, namely the CIA and the FBI in the United States. Mormons gravitate towards those types of jobs, believe it or not, so well.
Speaker 1: They know how to russ.
Speaker 2: Or not dress. You won't find any of them having fancy watches or fancy shoes. They really pride themselves on having the six month food stuff basement, and they oftentimes brag about that, and they also brag about how much hew thrifty they are and how often they double coupon and grocery store coupon. They literally have contests about it. It's a fascinating place. In fact, the twenty thirty four Winter Olympics are going to be there, Walter, and they happen to go to the number one ski resort on the other side. Took a gondolis at the top. Checked it out. Very fascinating in that everyone is just in love with, you know, nature. Everyone's hiking, everyone's biking. There's a little town just outside on the backside of the mountain called Huntsville and it's the quenest, cutest little town you ever did see. And yeah, there's a lot going on in the old Salt Lake City in that area. It is a truly breasttaking I want to say, it's one of the more beautiful city than I've seen, Walter. So if you haven't been to Utah, it's not that there isn't anything there, it's just that you have not been there.
Speaker 1: Well I've seen. I've been to Salt Lake City and it's a spooky place. And it's partly I realize just now because of what you said, which is that they had no geographic challenges in building out the city. They didn't have to build a downtown and up. They could just keep spreading out and as a results, it's a sixteenth it's a sixty mile suburb.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, no, I think you've nailed it. I think that's exactly what I saw I was there. It just keeps going and going and going, much like Phoenix, Arizona, where exactly also has a huge presence. It's just like, hey, we're just going to keep building it. Mexico City, by the way, internationally is a lot like that. However, they don't roll out the infrastructure before they do it. After last thing I'll say about Salt Lake City. I stayed in a hotel that was there, as you do, and there's abnormally large Mexican population in those hotels because there's so much construction. There's so much construction. They're all there and they're building out what continues to be Salt Lake City. It's a very by the way, one of the top three states in terms of quality of life, and I think Salt Lake is at the very top of cities over you know, one million about one point one point nine million in the NY the Metropolitan Statistical Er.
Speaker 1: Thank you for this travelogue. Now what do you have to report?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What updates do you have for us?
Speaker 2: Well, I happen to be catching Netflix and the Idaho murders, and you have been getting me to watch more Netflix, and it's something that we do. You know, you you've you've passed us the Midnight Misfits with going out and entertaining ourselves with your recommendations. But I couldn't help but get away to the Idaho murders. That's recent. It's fascinating, and you know, Brian Koberger basically was taken out because of a q kip that the FBI went rummaging through once they made the determination off of a small, slight thing off of that night sheet. And I got to thinking about the unsolved mysteries and the unsolved murderers here in New Mexico. But more than that, there's a big one in New York. That's right, Rochester. Ten years ago, Walter, four people murdered a house deliberately set on fire, and a decade later, the families of Michael Royal, Jennifer Leisure, Lechelle Powell, and Michael Adams are still asking the same question, who did it and why? So this is in Rochester's New York. Okay, it's the most horrifying unsolved homicide case in New York, the Leyton Avenue quadruple murder. And it was not simply a fire. It was a crime scene that investigators say was deliberately burned after four human beings were bound and killed inside. And even now with this now renewed investigative activity that they have, there have been no arrests, no public naming of suspects, no resolution for the people left behind. Back in twenty sixteen, in January, firefighters responded to a burning home on Leyton Avenue. What they discovered in the attic transformed a fire call into a major crimes nightmare for Rochester police. Four victims found dead Michael Royal twenty eight years old, Jennifer Leisure twenty nine, Lachelle Powell twenty two, forty five year old Michael Adams now Rochester. Investigators said the victim's wrists and ankles were bound. All four had been shot in the head. The house set ablaze, so reporting through the years has provided a very groom picture about this, no leads, nothing. The victims had been bound with duct tape. News ten, NBC and Rochester reported that their mouths had been covered as well. The mother, Mary Royal's mother returned to the home, discovered the fire, then called nine to one one. Then firefighters found all four victims guess where in the attic they had time the family dog, Jack's dad as well. The victims were not abstractions in a police file. Royle was Mary Royal Stun who was reportedly working, who was becoming a dental hygienist. Jennifer Leger was his fiance. Powell was remembered, you know, by her mother Glover as someone who would give you the shirt, offer back good people, right. And then Michael Adams is a forty five year old Rochester residence whose life ended alongside the other three. Now, a vehicle was held shortly right after those killings, and Rochester has been mourning those lives for the last ten years. And the largest single act of unsolved violence in New York currently, the immediate question is obvious, was this a targeted attack? Investigators have never identified the intended target if there was only one. In twenty nineteen, police investigator John Brennan said detectives did not know the motive and did not know for certain which victim if anyone individual was the target, They can't find any background on what would have driven so by that point the investigators have pursued already hundreds of leads without finding a single connection that produced an arrestable suspect. And that detail is really important because as I was looking at the coburger, that got solved, but this isn't solved ten years later. The responsible standard in all of this is to separate how the law enforcement has stated versus what people are speculating about, and people don't have anything to speculate on. The public facts are very evident. Four people killed inside that residence, bound shot back of the head, and a fire used to kind of create a cover, no motive, so that winter weather in January also worked against the investigators. At the time, the local Democrat reported that the conditions meant few people were outside to even notice any of the activity. There's no third party witnesses, unfamiliar vehicles, not noted people coming and going. They said. It is said that, based on the fact that they were in the attict, that they had to be in there doing this murder for at least a couple of hours. The Texas believe that the perpetrators had spent several hours in fact inside that house. They suggested the planning, control of the scene, and their level of confidence raising confidence made the lack of public break through all the more unsettling. So there's a reward in all of this. The only fifteen thousand dollars at app has come forward. But it's worth remembering what time does to these cold cases. The relationships have changed, the loyalties have change, and ten years later New York's biggest unsolved mass murder. That is a latent avenue murders. And if you know anything about have any information, have any ideas, you could report it to the Rochester Police five A five four two eight seventy one fifty seven. I'm just getting into this, Walter. I didn't know this even existed, but I'm looking at unsolved murders in different places. We have one. I'll cover that tomorrow from here in New Mexico. I think that's a video murder.
Speaker 1: I think that's an excellent course for you to pursue our unsolved murders. Those are the most dramatic and terrifying mysteries of our time. Eddie Dragon, thank you very much for being on the other side of midnight.