Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech kennyth O Tam Chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Day.
Speaker 3: I hope you're well. On this hot Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Your Los Angeles Dodgers eighty five and fifty seven on this season, first place atop the NL West. They go into play today with a five game lead over the Padres. After splitting the first two games with the Guardians, the Dodgers go for the series win on this hot Sunday afternoon. Jack Flaherty on the mound, first pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at one ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. In thirty minutes, your chance to win this Sweet Live tickets in our Zenschy Sweet Live Challenge. You'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. We'll check in with David Veassea course throughout the show. We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 3: Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 2: In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpa Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverertt and Monday Well.
Speaker 3: Last night at the.
Speaker 2: Revine, the Dodgers put up a half dozen on the scoreboard early, then let the bullpen take over the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts going with the bullpen game.
Speaker 2: Ryan Brasier got the start, and he put up a zero on the top half of the first. The Dodgers offense meanwhile went out and put up one of those crooked numbers. In the bottom of the inning, Guardian started, Gavin Williams helped him out walk three batters in a row to load the bases with one out. Tommy Edmond then hit a ground rule double, scoring two Dodgers a two to nothing lead. Gavin Lux followed with the sack fly, scoring a run to give the Dodgers a three to nothing lead. Next batter, Miguel Rojas and RBI singles scoring Tommy Edmund. Dodgers up four to nothing, and they weren't done. After chasing Gavin.
Speaker 3: Williams, up came Andy Pajas, who rudely greeted the new Guardians reliever.
Speaker 4: Three to one flip ball left center field and DP on its way and it is god over Andy Pahas.
Speaker 5: Two run shot the left center. The hits just come so to the run.
Speaker 4: Dodgers now with a sixth to nothing lead, and we're still in the first seven.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for Paez, his tenth of the season. Dodgers with six runs at the bottom of the first as they sent ten batters to the plate to go up six to nothing. Ryan Brazier, he went the one inning, Michael Grove took over. He gave up a two run home run to Lane Thomas in the second. It was a six to two Dodgers lead. Then the fourth, the Dodgers added to that lead thanks to Mookie Betts two.
Speaker 6: Oh pitch swang on well hit to left, going back on to this Kwan.
Speaker 5: He's to the track, he is to the wall. It's gone.
Speaker 6: Home run for Lookie, his sixteenth of first season.
Speaker 5: Hamlet Dodgers wait at seven to two.
Speaker 6: Oh A solo shot for Mookie Bets.
Speaker 2: Solo shot for Mookie, his sixteenth of the season. That's the top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers up seven to two. The bullpen came up clutch last night. Seven different pitchers came in. Justin Robleski pitch two innings. Brent Honeywell Junior got two innings.
Speaker 3: At the end.
Speaker 2: The other five Dodger relievers each win an inning a piece. Dodgers beat the Guardians seven to two. They improved to eighty five and fifty seven. They pick up a game on the padres now five games up in the NL West, going into play today, six and a half games up on the Diamondbacks in the division, and today the Dodgers look to get the.
Speaker 3: Series win over the Guardians.
Speaker 2: Jack Flaherty on the mound, first pitch of one ten and with more we head out to the Galpamotors broadcast booth and say hello to Tim Nuffertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks Tim. It's a warm one here at Dodgers Stadium. Temperatures should be in the triple digits come game time, so if you're on your way, make sure you stay hydrated and be prepared for the warm temperatures this afternoon as the Dodgers wrap up this interleague series with the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 5: Today is the rubber game.
Speaker 6: Dodgers winning last night by a seven to two score. They put six runs up in the first inne Mookie Betts tacked on an extra one on the fourth with a solo shot. Then they cruised to victory in a bullpen game last night.
Speaker 7: It was a bullpen game and all told, there were seven different pitchers pulling the rubber for this Dodger bulk club. Things have worked out very well for them right now. Trying to get some people back healthy. They're going to be seeing some healthy pitchers coming back. You Momota is going to pitch when the Cubs come in for this next series. But winners of seven of ten, thirteen of the last eighteen, the Dodgers in the win column. And for the Cleveland ball club, when you come into town, you expect the best from a ball club that has a record starting today at eighty five and fifty seven. And for Cleveland, they understand Kansas City Royals are knocking on the door. Royals have won eight of the last eleven are now just trail Cleveland in the American League Central by three and a half games.
Speaker 6: And as far as the Dodgers go a five game lead over San Diego, six and a half over Arizona and start talking about magic numbers, the magic number for the Dodgers is now at fifteen.
Speaker 7: You know, it's at fifteen and counting. I think it gets serious when you get down to reduce it below the double digits. But fifteen, yeah, that's a nice goal. And especially when he start to look at you know, there's only twenty games left, ten at home and oh where has the time gone? This year?
Speaker 6: Rookie Bets so valuable to this club. Last night a home run, as we mentioned in the fourth inning. But since he's come off the injured list, he's played twenty four games, he's driven in twenty three runs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he's just amazing. The other part two is for rookie Bets runners in scoring position coming to the last night's ball game, hitting at three seventy seven. The best players rise the tallest when the biggest pressure is placed upon them.
Speaker 6: Now, a warm day today, How did you like playing on warm days such as this?
Speaker 7: I'm reminded of an old story about a manager that said, look, guys, we're going to be playing and if I hear one guy complain about the heat, you're going to be taken out of the game. And early in the ballgame, someone on the bench said, man, it's and immediately, the manager looked at him and the player then followed up and say, just the way we liked it, and.
Speaker 5: He stayed him again. Yes, he did absolutely well.
Speaker 6: The pitching match up today Jack Flaherty Flarity with a record of eleven and six and a three oh one ERA. He will oppose Southern California Tanner Biby. Bibby is also eleven and six. He's from nearby Mission Viejo. Three point fifties six they earn run average for Biby. It's the Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardians getting set for the third and rubber game of this three game set. Dodgers come in tied with the Phillies for the best record in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you very much, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on it. Shakey's Pizza Parler, What are your Shaky's Pizza? Shake it in mojos right now at shakeys dot com.
Speaker 3: Coming up here on.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, So we're gonna check in with David Vasse. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Zenchi Sweet live challenge as we lead you up to first pitch. But up next you're o Tani rewind and will visit with Kirsten Watson Dodgers Guardians.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Morono Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Cleveland, Indians. Jack Flaherty on the mound ten or Biby at a mission, vieho Count Dave Fullerton. He'll go for Cleveland, will dive deeper to this pitching matchup coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewind Well.
Speaker 3: A quiet night for show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani, you grounded out in both of his first India bats, went oh for four. He remains though, in forty five home runs and forty six stolen bases on pace still for an unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Fifty to fifty season.
Speaker 2: The Otani Rewind brought to you by Eto ins Oocha, Japan's number one Green Tea and then Showy Otani loves and drinks available at your local DISO stores, Amazon and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it, O E N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirsten now joins this before first pinch on this hot Sunday afternoon. Please, if you're gonna be at the game, a hydrate, stay cool, put on some covering. Make sure you're hydrating, Kirsten. Man, it's a scorcher're out there.
Speaker 8: It is so hot out here. I just want to tell you so. Dino Evil, third base coach, he is obsessed with the heat. Like he's like, it's a beautiful day, Da da da. And so today I went up to him, I said, all right, be honest with me. Temperature today, is it a ten out of ten for you? When he goes, I'm gonna be honest with you, Kirsten. This is a little toasty. This is an eight out of ten. This is not great. And this is someone who like thrives in high temperatures, will be in like Saint Louis. It's humid in burning and he's like, what do you mean this is amazing, It's so good on your skin, And I'm like, absolutely not dt on. This is terrible. So for him to say that today is eight eight out of ten and then for it at game time, they're like, no, it's going to be a ten out of ten at game ten is going to be hot. It's too much, okay, So even Dave Roberts was saying that obviously's keep it. He's going to keep an eye on all the guys with Jack Flerty, the stress of the innings, see how that goes, See how he's handling it. These guys are used to playing in higher temperatures, so yes, they should be fine. They're of course staying hydrated. There is an air missing fan in the dugout just for them, so you know they're gonna be at least they'll be cooler when they get to take their breaks in between innings and stuff. But he did say even someone like Miguil Rojas not in the lineup today. It was primarily because two out of he wanted him. He didn't wanted to play all three, so that's two out of three for him. But also just to be mindful, you know, hot temperatures sometimes guys can cramp up things like that, so I want to make sure everyone's staying super hydrated. I know the training staff is definitely on top of it with all of our guys.
Speaker 2: To you think about this Dodgers team where they're at, Kirsten Jack Fleerry. The addition to him at the trade deadline, with all the injuries to everybody else in the rotation got I think where would this team be without him?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that is something that came up today. Literally where would they be without him? And even Dave Roberts said that he doesn't know because he has truly been the stabilizing force in the rotation. Having a guy like him come over at the trade deadline, yes, we obviously needed him at the trade deadline then, but we've needed him so much more at this moment, especially as this team prepares for October. So as long as he can keep being consistent in doing what he's doing, he obviously is going to be a huge part of this October run, in this postseason run for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Kursten, I appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans and a handsherre listening and experience by downloaded the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all angel Knows Lacare dot or coming up here on Dodgers on deg will dive deep into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: David Vatsa. He goes one on one with Alex Vessia. But up next.
Speaker 2: Your injury report able here from the manager Dave Roberts. Dodgers and Guardians. First pitch on a hot Sunday afternoon at one to ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Maronggo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead after first pitch. Dodgers and Guardians Maronggo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand slam for good times. Jack Fulerity Tanner Piby the pitching matchup on this Sunday afternoon, First pitch at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tasker Hernandez hit by a pitch on Friday night. He had an MRI negative. He'll be back in the lineup for the next series. Gavin Stone on the IELT the right shoulder inflammation, Clayton Kershaw on the IEL with the turf toe in his left big toe. Tyler Glass now throw a bullpen session yesterday. He's working his way back from right elbow ten to night. Is Bruce dark after all back with the team. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the I L with the strain rotator cuff. He is scheduled to come off the I L and pitch on Tuesday. All right, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else? Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 10: The dugouts with Dave Robbers When you have guys that you're you're afraid of the third time through, it puts a toll on you know, the pen and that's a tough way to live, you know, if you get consecutive.
Speaker 11: Starters like that. So to have a guy like Jack, it's a it's a good it's a good thing.
Speaker 8: On kennastone.
Speaker 11: So Gavin is he's not doing any baseball activity, He's not throwing. I think that's going to be I think ten days of no throw and then he's going to start to kind of build back up, so nothing's changed yet, probably starts starting.
Speaker 8: That's right, That's right, because the information started into the society.
Speaker 1: I guess you know that.
Speaker 11: As far as for Gavin, I don't know. I don't know. I think that right now they just want to kind of minimize movement and and hopefully that kind of inflammation and then we can pick back up.
Speaker 8: So I don't think it's just kind of doing some drills instead of how I mean.
Speaker 1: You talked about generally a blessing.
Speaker 5: Of just how important is that stuff.
Speaker 1: Where he's returning to the field and knowing not need to pretend to be back.
Speaker 11: Tomorrow, it's great. I think, yeah, he's moving around today and hopefully it'll take some swings in the cage and then you know, it's day to day and we'll see if tomorrow makes sense and if not, I don't see it being past tuesday getting him back in there.
Speaker 12: And so there the case there's already that we'll careers for the time.
Speaker 11: I think there's some some roster, there's some length certainly with with Nick. There there's also some upcoming roster flexibility potentially too.
Speaker 9: With someone like Nick here has been up and down off the forty man back on. I guess same with Honeywell, Like do you when when those guys get say like DFA, do you have that conversation with him, like kind of thinking maybe if you stick around you might get a chance or how does that sort of playoff?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's everyone's different. Each of those conversations is never fun. I think. For me, I think, and I honestly do say this is I hope they get claimed and land somewhere with a big league job. But if it doesn't work, we'd love have them back. And you know, if they continue to perform, they'll get an opportunity. And I think that with each of those guys that have come back to us, if the opportunity to presented itself, we've kind of held to that. But it goes to performance too, and Nick's performed. You know, you mentioned Honeywell and guys like that.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts down down the dugout talking about the bullpen Nick Ramirez being added to the roster. Bought to your buy Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plant before his team hits the field. You need one too for your growing contracting business. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with the David Vese leading.
Speaker 3: You up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Guardians on this hot Sunday afternoon, first pitch of one ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season Law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Guardians on this hot Sunday afternoon, Jack Fularity ten or Biby the pitching matchup in this series finale.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV te Oscar Hernandez, the Dodgers of what a disaster with the negative MRI and X rays. What's the when can we see him back?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: I saw te Oscar Hernandez working out with the training staff earlier today.
Speaker 5: He was testing that left foot.
Speaker 12: You could tell he's still feeling some discomfort in that left foot, but he was moving around pretty well. The chances of the chances of him coming back tomorrow, I would say, I wouldn't rule it out, but just by what I observed this afternoon as he was going through agility drills, the Dodgers may give it one more day after tomorrow, depending on how he's feeling, because you could tell certain movements he was still feeling some pain in that left foot. So I do believe that he will be back during the CUB series, but I wouldn't go on the limb and say it's going to be absolutely tomorrow.
Speaker 3: David is driven by FORDA. There's one thing we like. It's choices.
Speaker 2: Of course, find yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough.
Speaker 3: This mark can only be called F one fifty DV. You broke it yesterday.
Speaker 2: You saw Bruce dar grater Ale returning to Dodgers Stadium hasn't been activated yet, So when could we see the Bozuka back in the Dodgers' bullpen.
Speaker 12: Well, I saw him throwing on flat ground here. It's interesting how the Dodgers made the move to call up Noah Ramirez to give them some coverage today after using seven different pitchers yesterday.
Speaker 5: They also have.
Speaker 12: To activate Yamamoto from not only for the IL, the sixty day IL, so that means they need to clear a forty man roster spot as well as active twenty eight man rosters spot. So that may be the corresponding move which makes me believe that there's a greater chance of Grattarol being activated on Wednesday than there is a chance of him being activated immediately tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Dave, we all know about the fifty to fifty surge here for showy Otani as he tries to become the first player to ever do that, but show hayes also on the verge of breaking another Dodger record.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Speaking of the Cubs, Tim Cody Bellinger returns to Dodger Stadium tomorrow night, and he holds the record for the most home runs hit at Dodger Stadium in a season. He hit twenty seven during his MVP year in twenty nineteen. So far this season, Shohyotani has hit twenty four home runs. So not only is he getting closer to Sean Green's single season franchise record of forty nine home runs, but he also is getting closer to breaking the most home runs hit at Dodgers Stadium in a season.
Speaker 5: Keep in mind, though, as we.
Speaker 12: Are infatuated with the long ball, Otani's batting average has not been as good as it was in the first half.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers DH is only hitting.
Speaker 12: Two thirty four after going zero for four yesterday in the second half of the year.
Speaker 3: David, it's week one of the NFL season.
Speaker 2: Certainly everybody gets excited when football season arrives. Baseball players love their fantasy football, baseball players love watching other sports. I imagine this Dodger clubhouse pretty fired up for the start of the football season.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: A lot of guys are big football fans. Not sure if you know this, Tim, but Bobby Miller a huge Chicago Bears fan, and we have a lot of trash talking going on these days because he is from Illinois. He grew up a Bears fan, and he is all in with the Bears. And he knows that I grew up an LA Raiders fan, So he takes his shot at me when he walks into the clubhouse. And I don't know if this is good or bad, but he did sway me to change my survivor ble pit, my survivor pool pick from the Bengals to the Bears today. So, man, I'm going to have a lot of resentment towards Bobby Miller for selling me on the Bears if they lose.
Speaker 3: Well, they're starting to make a comeback here in the third quarter. Back to the Baseball DV and he pot has at the home run last night.
Speaker 2: Certainly he's getting a play an opportunity right now with no Tae Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Been nice to see him make the most of this opportunity.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And I like what Dave Roberts had to say after the game last night. He said he has seen more focus from Andy Poez even though he's not playing every day.
Speaker 5: And he said he he did notice that.
Speaker 12: You know, obviously he would show his displeasure and disappointment by not being in the starting lineup the first time around. And I think he understands better what is being asked of him during this role. So that's the biggest thing for him to understand what his role is. And I mentioned on Dodger Talk a couple of nights ago when the Dodgers were thinking that the jury to Taoscar Hernandez was going to put him.
Speaker 5: On the IL.
Speaker 12: I thought definitively that the obvious call would be to Dalton rushing, because the Dodgers could use a left handed power hitter not only to make spot starts, but also coming off the bench. And I still would not rule out seeing Dalton rushing at some point in time in September. But with Tao Oscar Hernandez not going on the IL and not playing the last two days, including today, it does open up more of a runway for Andy.
Speaker 3: PA has all right dv able check back in with you just a little bit.
Speaker 2: The umpiring crew for today's game is brought to you by Fred Looy Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we got the Zenchy Sweet Live challenge. We'll hear from Alex Vesia will dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but up next you Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Guardians first Pitch at one ten. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tech on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cleveland Guardians Jack Flaherty and Tenor Biby. The pitching matchup on this Sunday afternoon, Dodgers going for the series.
Speaker 3: When first pitch coming up at one ten, who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Tails.
Speaker 2: We go back one year September eighth, twenty twenty three, Dodgers in Washington, DC, taking on the Nationals, a day in which Freddie Freeman set a Dodgers franchise record.
Speaker 6: You can tell because they've got the tiny little Roberto Clemente numbers stick around their helmet. There's a groundball past a diving second basement Garcia that's in a right field Taylor turning second, and Freddie is in.
Speaker 5: With a double. He's got the record the.
Speaker 6: Most doubles in a single season.
Speaker 5: In Dodger history ever.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman with his fifty third two base.
Speaker 2: Hit, fifty third double of the season for Freddie Freeman, setting a Dodgers franchise record for doubles in a year that was a year ago.
Speaker 3: Today in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave ilishus Hoffey hot Dogs. Who wants to win the Sweet Life at a Dodger game eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. I need three contestants right now to play the then She Sweet Live Challenge. All you do is tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game today, and if you're correct, you get two sweet tickets to a Dodger game coming up later on this season. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. The Zen Sheet Sweet Live Challenge eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Coming back here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll have that challenge and we'll hear from Rick Monday because we lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Guardians. I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Todgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Guardians on this hot Sunday afternoon. Jack Flaherty on the Maladive Deeper into the pitching matchup coming up in just a little bit, we'll hear more from Rick. Monday, we'll hear from Alex Vessi as well. First pitch coming up at one ten. This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge.
Speaker 1: One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the zen she this week, all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our three contestants to tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game today. We'll start off with Jacob. You're our first contestant, Jacob, who.
Speaker 3: Do you got?
Speaker 5: Hey? I got sho hey o Tani.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani. Good luck to you, Jacob.
Speaker 2: Jason is our second guest, Jason, what players give me the fresh player.
Speaker 3: Of the game. I'm gonna go with Mookie Bats Mookie Betts. All right, good luck to you, Jason.
Speaker 2: Our third and final contestant is Sean sewn Welcome, who is going to be the fresh player of the game.
Speaker 6: I have to finish the Traffekta and go with Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: All right, the big three have all been picked Otani, Betts, and Freeman from Jacob, Jason and Shawn. Good luck to all three contestants in the zench Sweet Live Challenge presented by zen She handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game at Ralphs and other local supermarkets near the deli counters. Still to come, we'll get to those keys of the game. We'll hear from Alex Vesia. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David Say, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: It's a bright sunny day in the broadcast booth as long as me and Rick Monday are together.
Speaker 7: How you doing, Rick, Hey, We're a team. We're a team. Not a bad victory last night. They're always good victories, but especially I think too, I think it becomes accentuated also when you're playing against a good team and you look at two first placed teams at Cleveland and the American League Central Division and the Dodgers in the Western Division as well. So, yeah, Dodgers looking for their eighty six win of the season for Cleveland, looking for win number eighty two, and we'll wrap up the series and then tomorrow the Chicago Cubs come into town.
Speaker 12: I know Shoho Tani gets a lot of attention, and rightfully so. But I feel like Mookie Betts, if you can believe, that, has been lost in the shuffle ever since he returned, and he has been fantastic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he has what is it three p fifteen since he's come off the injured list, he has not slowed down a bit. I also wonder if it becomes even more of a challenge for Mooki Metz because he takes tremendous pride in what he does. And not to say he's being overshadowed by Sho or Tani or anyone else in Major League Baseball, but I think that Mooki always wants to be, at least is this my observation, always wants to be, if not the best, one of the best that's on this field. His reputation means a lot to him, and it appears to be a motivating situation, which is a wonderful, wonderful credit to have on his side.
Speaker 12: I love when I hear him talk about whatever he has done this year, he said, it means nothing.
Speaker 5: I have to show up when it counts.
Speaker 7: What he has done since he's been in the Dodger uniform, he's been the best right fielder arguably in Major League Baseball. Then he was moved into second base, did a very good job there. Then he was moved to shortstop, did a very good job there. Then he goes back to the outfield, then he comes back to shortstop. I mean, what he's able to do, that's not easy. And to remain focused on what you're trying to do with the different skill sets that he has, it's really off the charts.
Speaker 12: Rick, can you put into context for us how good of a right fielder he is because you hear about the gold gloves, but I have heard that he's right up there as an outfielder with guys like Willie Mays.
Speaker 7: Stop and think about all the plays that he's made. I think back to what he did, for example, when the Dodgers won the World Championship right think of everything that he did, defensive plays, offensive plays. Base running was off the charts. I mean he scored from third base on an infield out that I don't know if anyone else in baseball could have a scored. Are there faster people runners? Probably? Maybe not as instinctive as what he is. That's the other part. The skill level is off the charts. But then instinct, that's the one thing you cannot teach.
Speaker 5: You can teach.
Speaker 7: Someone maybe to get a better jump on the ball. You can teach someone, Hey, look, let's improve the throwing a little bit. How do you teach instinct?
Speaker 5: You can't. Now, he certainly has it, even though his first love is bowling. Go figure.
Speaker 7: But here's the deal. I think he would be very successful if you put pads in a helmet on him too, and put him on the football field. I'm not don't know how well. I don't know if he's ever played soccer, but I would be surprised if he would not be a good soccer player either.
Speaker 12: Do you know the sport that he has picked up lately pickleball? Yeah, he's a big pickleball player, Rick. I bet they play that a lot in Vero Beach.
Speaker 7: We used to call it paddle ball back in quote unquote the day.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe you'll see Mooki on a pickleball court.
Speaker 7: Well, you understand a lot about paddling. You've probably had that to experience a lot as a kid growing.
Speaker 12: Up, no doubt, Rick, I also have experience in running running away from people.
Speaker 7: Goodbye, have a great day, David.
Speaker 5: Hey, it just started off great. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids availble to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the red It's time to take that next big steps. This is gonna fill it quickly, so on roll today at I can go to college dot com. It's a warm one out there. If you're going to the game, remember check social media. They got a free coupon for a bottle of water. Make sure you stay hydrated, or you can pick one up a voucher at the fan services or at the gate when you enter. So make sure you get that free bottle of water. Please stay hydrated out there out at the ravine, it's a warm one. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Guardians, we still got the keys to the game up next, so we'll hear from Alex Vessi as we go high and tight Dodgers Guardians I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers in Cleveland, Indians Jack Fularity on the Mount. First pitch coming up at one ten Dodgers base Balls presented by er the Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: When you need the very best care.
Speaker 2: For your child, go to Children's Hospital LA, ranked number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor if CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 5: The temperatures are a little cooler, but.
Speaker 12: Obviously in the upper nineties, and Alex Vesia is always hot when he comes into the game no matter what the temperatures are outside.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time, VESSI appreciate it.
Speaker 3: What an introduction?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 13: Yeah, maybe an introduction. Yeah, you are h it's gonna be a hot one today.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Speaking of that, you know, relievers are humans too. Relievers are people. They have lives too, and they matter as far as what is going on in the bullpen, as far as these the heat wave here in Los Angeles, what are the conditions down there in the bullpen, because I know for many years that shelter you guys have out there did not give you much shelter.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thank you for putting that out there. I appreciate all the love. But yeah, I mean they've given us a fan with some like mister on it, and then in the bullpen room and stuff.
Speaker 3: We have ac So we'll be all right for today.
Speaker 13: It's gonna be really easy to get hot today, that's for sure. We're you know, another day, another day, we're looking forward to another good ballgame.
Speaker 5: Bessia.
Speaker 12: When I was coming to ballgames, and sometimes I would have seats along that Chain League fence next to the Dodger bullpen and the visitors bullpen. On a hot Sunday afternoon, I remember one Sunday one of the relievers from the Cincinnati Reds picked up the water hose and started spraying the fans to help cool them off.
Speaker 5: Does any of that still happen.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 13: So you're the first one and tell me that and it might be a good idea for today. The fans might appreciate that out of me. So we'll see, we'll see if we got a hose down there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 12: Last night the Dodgers use seven different pitchers in a bullpen game. Can you describe what a game like that is like for the bullpen and just the mindset to get ready for a situation like that.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, So, I mean, obviously we have our pregame kind of meeting and we talked and so we kind of understand what the game you know, might bring us, you know, and pretty much after the third or fourth inning, it's you know, all bets are off, and you know, we we've got to be ready, you know, and that's whenever our name is called upon, you know, we we do a really good job of going out there executing our pitches and you know, putting up a zero, you know, one inning after another. You know, so got to give it to got to give it to the guys because it was a grind yesterday. And thankfully, you know, the offense set the tone really early. So you know, six runs in the first, that's it's a good day for the.
Speaker 12: All bets were off when you score six runs in that first inning, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, it was great.
Speaker 13: It was that was that was a fun inning and uh, you know we just wanted to keep putting up zeros to get the offense back into the into the dugout, get them hydrated and having them stay cool not to you know, you know, everyone helps everyone in that in that situation.
Speaker 12: See, that's the interesting part of bullpen games because a lot of us still don't understand how it works for relievers.
Speaker 5: When you say all bets are off, we always.
Speaker 12: Presume that you know when you're coming in what inning, do you have some sort of idea.
Speaker 13: Uh that there's a we call it our lane, right, and you know whether you're facing five, six, seven, eight nine or one two, three four five, right, Like, Uh, it's kind of broken up too for like myself or Blake or Buddy Evan Kope, right, like all it's broken up differently, and you know we're talked about that and told them, but still the game, right, you know, there there's certain situations where if I'm coming in, I can come in the fourth inning to face a certain amount of hitters. I can come in the eighth inning to face those same hitle of hitters, so you know, and that's that's a DOCS call and.
Speaker 5: You know we're we're ready for it.
Speaker 12: Have you been able to come in whether it's the fourth, the eighth, the ninth. Is there something different about the innings even if you have that certain lane you described, Uh.
Speaker 3: No, we try to keep it.
Speaker 13: You know, the score is irrelevant, the inning is irrelevant.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 13: You know, we go out there and do our job right, And that's where you don't you don't put more.
Speaker 3: Pressure or less pressure on yourself.
Speaker 13: Depending on the situation. You want to kind of eliminate all of that and focus on the you know, one, two or three hitters that you know you're the task at hand basically, and you know that's it helps kind of eliminate riding the highs too high and the lows too low, right, And that's trying to stay consistent, is you know, just knowing what to do when you go out there for you know, preparation and all that stuff that you can do before the game before you know, your name gets called, and once you're out there, your job is to get three outs, put up a zero, get the game going.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: There he is the man Alex Avessia, the Dodgers are very lucky to have him.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks lot DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. We're leading you up to first pitch on this hot Sunday afternoon Dodgers and Guardians. Dodgers going for the series win. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 3: But I'm next. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katsis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack.
Speaker 3: On your home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 2: Bronggo Casino Dodgers on deck continuous on this Sunday afternoon, Dodgers and Guardians, final game of the three game series.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dimond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers, turning your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Tenor Byby on the mound for the Guardians eleven and six with a three fifty six Erra, twenty five year old right hander out of Southern California YEP Mission Viejo High School, then cal State Fullerton, where he was a fifth round pick at the Guardians in twenty twenty one. This is the second season in the Big leagues. It's been pretty durable. Twenty eight start this year last time out, six innings, one run, two hit, six strikeouts in a win over the Royals. One notte on Bibby. He's four to oh in nine day game starts this season. Jack Flaherty on the mound for the Dodgers eleven and six overall with a three zero one Erra, the twenty eight year old right hander out of Burbank, former first round pickup out of Harvard Westlake, making his twenty fifth start of this season, his seventh with the Dodgers. Four to one since being traded to the Dodgers. This is his seventh career start against the Cleveland Guardians one and two with a two thirty eight ERA and thirty one strikeouts last time out, five and two third innings, one run, five hits, seven strikeouts and a win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot com or stop in an LA area Speedy Cash store.
Speaker 3: Leading up to Dodgers.
Speaker 2: And Guardians on this Sunday afternoon, when we come back, we're gonna get you the keys to the game. As we're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. I'm sim kateson. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Guardians on this hot Sunday afternoon. Make sure you're hydrating out there, Dodger fans inside the ravine. Hopefully you can enjoy this Dodgers game at home or wherever you may be and cool yourself off as the Dodgers look to keep hot, taking two or three from the Guardians first pitch coming up at one ten, Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Eto ns O o Cha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Showho Tani loves in drink. It's refreshing on a Sunday Avil. But your local diso stores Amazon at etoin dot com. That's it Oe n dot Com. All right, let's head back out to the booth. Tim Neverettrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 6: Tim, Thanks again, we're getting you ready for this hot ball game this afternoon at Dodgers Stadium. You know, when you talk about the temperature, the hottest game they've ever had here at Dodger Stadium was Game one of the twenty seventeen World Series. The game time temperature, you remember, one to three. Today might approach that, but it probably won't get that hot.
Speaker 7: No, it won't get that hot. And hopefully at home plate is going to get very hot for the Dodger hitters because they know that to byby first of all, first pitch that he throws to hitters of four hundred batting average. But you expect Cleveland also go to homefully looking at it because for Jack Flarerty, who has faced Cleveland three times this year when he's in the American League. He's one and one, but for flarity, he's run into problems in the first pitch of a bat over a four hundred average, so we may see some swings early in counts.
Speaker 6: Today, Dodgers needed another arm in the bullpen, so a roster move today. Left handed Nick Ramirez has been called up and added to the forty man roster. Justin Robluski sent back to Triple A and Michael Peterson designated for assignment to make room for Ramirez on the forty man roster. So Tanner Bybee against Jack Flaherty. That's the pitching matchup as the Dodgers and Guardians get set to wrap up this three game set. The Dodgers start with the magic number of fifteen and eighty five and fifty seven record, and they begin the day five games in front of the San Diego Padres. After this, it's the Cops coming in tomorrow for three and then the Dodgers will be in a road trip later in the week, going to Atlanta and then Miami. But business to take care of here first, for sure. As the Dodgers and Guardians get set to wrap this one up, Tim all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. First, pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll keep an eye on that Giants and Padres game down at Petco Park. That game schedule to get in their way just a few minutes. As the Dodgers have a five game lead in the division over San Diego, six and a half games up on Arizona. Who plays Sunday Night Baseball tonight in Houston. Dodgers fans and hence you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening inn HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org.
Speaker 3: David Vassaid's got you with the post game.
Speaker 2: First pitches next, Dodgers and Guardians, stay cool out there and enjoy it. I'm sim Kates has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network