Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. And my name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. I promised you guys on the last episode that we would get to the twenty twenty six SIP schedule, and we are here to do just that. Tim and I are going to run through some of our thoughts on the schedule, which I'm sure many of our listeners out there have already had their eyes on, but if not, we'll go through some of the notable changes, the additions, the subtractions. We'll hit on some of the events that we think are good, some of the things we think might not be so good. We'll talk about what we would want to play, you know. All that sort of stuff is coming in this episode. It is Thursday, February nineteenth. It is two pm, a nice crispy afternoon. Here is it snowing by you? I heard it was snowing over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got some snow. Brenton Morey didn't believe me on a meeting today. It's stop now, It's more just rain. But yeah, we definitely have a little.
Speaker 1: Bit dang bust out the skis, buddy, Let's go No matter where you're listening to this episode of the Poker Grol podcast, please subscribe to the channel, like the podcast, leave a review, all that sort of stuff. I say it every time, I'm gonna say it again because it does help us grow and reach new listeners. Also want to remind you guys that new episodes of or sorry, new seasons, I should say new seasons. I mean new episodes, yes, but new seasons of High Sikes Poker and the National Heads of Poker Championship are streaming now on PokerGO dot com. You guys can watch those seasons in full. Kevin Harts and the Inaction, Andrew Robil, Jennifer Tilly, Sam Keke, Stanley Tang, Nick Airball Mix for High Stakes Poker over In the National Heads of Poker Championship, you got Jason Kuhn, you got celebrities, slash athletes, Nick Wright, Richard Seymour, t J lab and Kevin Pollock. You know, back to the poker players, we got Doug Polk live Bury, It's Michael was, Rocky's in there, Three Coin is in there, Chris Moneymaker's in there. All those seasons are available now on PokerGO dot com. Our new thing is just we just dropped the seasons in full, no waiting once a week, none of that nonsense. We just give it to you all at once, so you guys can check that out over on PokerGO dot com. And then also if you guys missed it, we did two special edition live streams of No Gamble No Future recently. Both were wildly entertaining. They took place yesterday in the day before Tuesday and Wednesday that are available on demand on poker Go. First game had Antonio s Fondii Sam Keekey headlining second one. Those two guys are back. Nick Wright gets into the mix. Nick Wright, who has now been announced at as the new co host of No Gamble in the Future. So there's that little nugget. Also, Nick writing Sam Keikey kind of going at it a little bit. I mean, I don't know, I feel like Keiki couldn't handle the heat. And you know, Nick. Nick's a sports media personality. He talks for a living, he's got takes for a living. He's certainly a bold person, not one to hold back. He's also got that kind of attitude where he's gonna dish it out, He's gonna talk shit like it's kind of all in good fun, right, But I think it was pretty quickly apparent that Kiki couldn't handle it. I mean, he just he honestly couldn't handle it, and and I feel like Nick kind of sensed it and jumped on the opportunity even more to just give it to him, and eventually Kiki kind of just took his ball and went home. Now he did say he had a flight anyway, sure, so you know, but I mean, I don't know, it was it was, it was very it was very very entertaining. I'm sure you guys saw some of the clips on social media. If you didn't check those out on the Poker gro social media channels. If not, go watch the episodes, especially Wednesday's episode, because it got it got pretty, uh pretty hot in that in that studio room with those guys, with those guys battling, and of course Antonio asked Fundier, he's in the middle of them, he's like egging it on. So just just a lot of fun there overall. But it's also very nice to have have Nick Wright joining No Gamble of the Future, filling the seats, filling the void of Jeff Platt, who's now gone see you later, Jeff, you know, you know dead to us. It wasn't too happy by the way, Jeff Platt on your uh you're saying that he wasn't gonna get into the Poker Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: That was a may buddy, That was you. I led with, I lad with Jeff Platt lead.
Speaker 1: I would say Jeff is at.
Speaker 3: Least a step closer now, he's definitely a lot.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say many more steps closer then than he e asbid. He might be a favorite now I don't know just how wacky that thing is. Yeah, all right, let's get into the schedule here. The twenty twenty six BASITB schedule was announced earlier this week. One hundred gold Bracelet events of the live variety. We still don't know what's coming from the online variety. That always comes later. When that does get announced, Tim and I will hit on it. Everything kicks off on May twenty sixth. Very similar dates is going to run May twenty sixth through July fifteenth. I mentioned the one hundred live bracelet events. Another couple of nuggets here from the official news announcement. A daily free stream is going to start on May twenty sixth and run until the main event. They pointed out an improved TV set that is going to be in Paris Las Vegas, which the set before was actually in the Horseshoe side of things takes place at Horseshoe and Paris, but everything was on Horseshoe. Now they're moving it over to the Paris side, which is going to be interesting. I think it'll be better, yes, but it'll just be interesting. You know, people come in there expecting it to be one place because it has been that place for a couple of years and now switched. And then the other thing is that the WAB main event final table is going to be delayed, although they didn't really give too many details about it, so we don't. The only thing we know from the news release is that they're gonna set the final table the final nine on July thirteenth, and it was kind of just left like that's it, but come back at a later date. We don't know that later date.
Speaker 3: We don't know if it'll be three days they say none.
Speaker 1: I think they said play down to the final table, didn't.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, you know what, The August eighth has a nice little uh ring to it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's gonna still happen in July me personally not August. But you know, we can get we can get into that, so we'll hit on that topic as well. I guess let let's just start there, you know. I feel like that's that's probably the biggest story to come out of this, is that the main event, Final Table, is being quote unquote delayed. I'm doing quotation marks for those that are listening just because, yeah, because we don't have the information. My guess is it's gonna take place.
Speaker 3: On July.
Speaker 1: I need to pull up my calendar. Actually, July, where are we looking? Twenty fifth is my guess, although I think that's a bad day to start it. But and my reasoning is that, isn't there this weird circuit thing that's announce.
Speaker 2: That which ends on July twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then maybe it'll take place the next sixth day after.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that is put in there to bridge the gap between the two. I don't really know what gap you're bridging. I guess just to keep poker fans around in Las Vegas. I personally think that the the November nine concept, and it doesn't necessarily have to be November, but that's the name we of course gave it when it was first announced. But just the concept of delaying the Final Table to a later date by more than just a day because they have had that day off, right, I think. I think delaying it to a final date that's greater than a week is a good thing in theory and just needs to be executed better. The one part of the execution that I think worked when it was done is that you could you could relocate the stage to a larger theater and each Final Table member can have a large group of supporters there, which I thought that atmosphere was amazing when it happened, both being there in person for some of those and also I feel like that came through much better on the broadcast. I just felt like things were much more condensed when you were just keeping it on the stage. Not that the atmospheres weren't pretty electric, they just weren't as grand. And I want this thing to be as grand as possible. Part of being as grand as possible is, you know, I think bridging that gap in the time with additional media coverage is a very good thing. You just you really have to work at that. So let's see. Is it just going to be something where final table gets set, it gets announced, they say, okay, it's going to happen on this date, and then we don't hear much from these players, from media whatever. I mean. I remember when the member nine was first announced that we were floating around crazy ideas like we can get the chip leader on late night talk shows and like this, that and the other thing. And I don't think that. I think that that's, you know, too much of a of a pipe dream to ever happen. But you could do other things, you know, you could you could run them through the car washing in other ways, you know, and maybe you work with your broadcast partner to do that. I would love for that to happen. I think that that's ultimately going to be a good thing for poker, but it's going to take a lot of resources behind it. So I guess TBD on that front. But I like the fact that you do delay it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's not going to matter how many days it is, right, if we're talking three or four days, we kind of do much in there. We're talking a week to ten days something like that. I think that's Okay, I'm assuming that what GG and WSP are doing with this is a like you said, probably, hey, we're going to fiddle with the set. We're going to make it bigger and grand and make it a really big TV production. But also I'm assuming they're going to have some stuff lined up for these players, you know, you know, media days and other kind of events to highlight you know, the players leading into you know, the conclusion of the final table.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know we're going to know the date.
Speaker 2: I think we will have to know the day before the World Series starts, right, Obviously you have to do it before the main event. But I feel like, you know, GG ANDWSP dot com are probably starting online satellites soon. You probably want to have that day kind of locked in confirmed as quickly as you can, and then, you know, makes it a lot easier for people to say, hey, I'm going to play this satellite or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean I think it's not necessarily that big of a deal to announce that date. I mean, obviously sooner rather than later, yes, But I don't think it's a necessity to start it to announce it like in the next week or something. I would say you definitely just wanted out before the Doabasity starts and then or maybe you know, you kind of do an announcement during the first days of Dobysity.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's yeah, that would work to I'm interested with the new set relocating to Paris. I think you know, we spend a lot of time at the Horseshoe on those feature tables. We've spent a lot of time walking to Paris, and the big difference is Horseshoe gets very hot once you're add in all those LED lights.
Speaker 3: It's a very warm venue. We've had players.
Speaker 2: Asks for air conditioners and all kinds of things when you go to Paris. You know some of those spots, you know, that far top right spot that we would walk through sometimes freezing cold, like the tundra. You got people in blankets and hoodies and everything. So you know, moving the final table there. You know, this is probably not even part of the plan, but you know, these final tables that get super hot due to those early d lights probably gonna get a little bit of a reprieve, which is probably a good thing that they no one's really planned for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, I mean I like at the colder, the better so yeah, you're a weirdo. I mean, listen, you can always bundle up. You can only take so many clothes off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true. And the one other thing I want to kind of the language they touched on. You know, they say like daily freeze stream from May twenty sixth until the main event. So the two things I see with that is, Okay, what's happening with the main event broadcast? What are they planning there? Because I feel like they would have just said, you know, daily free stream entire world series. And also they don't really mention, you know, poker play. They say free stream, and we've heard all kinds of things about breakdosk shows and daily shows, so maybe you know, we're going to see you know, them being very selective with what they're streaming, or you know, maybe that was just the language they chose. They're going to be all in with multiple final tables every day, so a lot of that is still kind of TVD and it would be interesting to see kind of what they outline live stream wise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is interesting. I didn't really read too much into that phrasing that you mentioned, but now that you pointed out, it is interesting because it does say a daily stream will be broadcast live on the official Diversity YouTube channel from May twenty six through to the start of the mean event. Yeah, that's so, that's that's an interesting way to phrase that. So what happens during the main event is, you know, it's likely and you're.
Speaker 2: Going to assume that if they're going to do a delay, it's probably got to do a lot with you know, the production, the distribution, and they're probably all going to tie that, like you said, into one more big announcement, you know, keep that. You know, we obviously have WSP Europe in Prague coming up in a couple of months where you know they want to Obviously this month is going to be dominated by WSP talk. It's going to fade a little bit in March, pick back up in April and then May. Everyone's getting ready, so maybe they're planning the announcement you know, March. Keep it's like kind of the NFL, how they're literally the talk of the news cycle the whole year round. You know, it's very smart for WSP to try and do the same thing and really dominate the poker news landscape, and you know, this is one way they can do it. You know, that like how they teased everyone last week on Friday with the the announcement of the announcement, right, and then they have the announcement on Monday. Then they've oh, there's still more to go, maybe two more weeks. We hear, oh, next week, we're announcing when the final table is. So you kind of can keep wsp like kind of at the top of everybody's you know, timeline for as long as.
Speaker 1: P All right, let's get into some of the additions and subtractions that happened on this year's schedule. Once again, one hundred Live Gold Bracelet events have been announced. So the events that are new this year for twenty twenty six, we have the five hundred and fifty dollars Mystery Many Mystery Millions with a mystery bounty top prize, a top bounty prize of one million dollars. So and that's actually going to kick off the series, whereas last year kicking off the series in terms of like your Big Field Open event was the one thousand dollars Buying Mystery Millions tournament. That tournament is still on the schedule, it's just shifted to a later time period, right, And then they have this five hundred and fifty mini mystery millions to kick things off many. To me, I don't agree that it's many. If it's only half, I think you need to go three hundred or lower. But you know whatever, it's gonna be interesting to see how big that one gets. I mean, a five hundred and fifty dollars buy in is just I mean, that's going to track to everyone, right, So let's see how big this one gets. Obviously, dangling a nice, big fat carrot in front of everyone with that one million dollar guaranteed top bounty prize. I'm personally not a fan of playing mystery bounties. It's just me, you know. I don't like to I don't like to have a large portion of the prize pool taken out and basically thrown into this lottery over here. But I understand their place in poker, and I do agree that operators should certainly have them on their schedule because the masses love these damn things, absolutely love them. So I would expect this thing to be freaking enormous, and if there's an event on the schedule, it has a chance of, you know, setting a record in terms of largest ever live poker tournament. It's this one. I don't know if it will, but you know, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's definitely, you know, it definitely has a shot to kind of flirt with becoming the biggest you know, live field. I think where it was at twenty twenty nineteen, the five hundred, big fifty twenty eight thousand players in that. So you know, it's not can't rule it out, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course you can't rule it out. So I mean, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Guess what is the closest, Like I guess the closest thing recently would be probably, you know, with the one K Mistery millions in twenty.
Speaker 3: It's a pattern you're talking about size.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying in twenty twenty four the ONEK mistry millions, the you know, had eighteen thousand. Last year it had nineteen thousand and change. Obviously, so you're going to have to buy in still big prizes, you know, I think we I think we can probably safely say over twenty thousand, right, yeah, I would say five six starting flights.
Speaker 1: I would say this one gets over twenty thousand. I mean, I feel like it's hard not to right.
Speaker 2: I feel like with you know, the six starting flights. Kicking off the World Series with this, I think we break that record.
Speaker 1: Do you think to break the record? Yeah, I mean that's hot. Take that seems insane to break the record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight three hundred and seventy one is the record. That's from the Big fifty. I don't I don't know if we'll get that, man, I don't know that. That's just slot.
Speaker 2: The largest flight, okay for a five hundred dollar buying the World Series had was twenty nineteen. Okay, we had a nine thousand and a seven thousand for a five hundred buying. I've got six flights of these. All we need is, you know, three of those and two extra flights.
Speaker 1: What's the re entry rules on this this thing?
Speaker 2: The big question is also when is the do you get paid on that day? If you get paid on that day, that will definitely make it more likely to happen.
Speaker 1: Two re entries per flight.
Speaker 3: What do you play down to?
Speaker 1: I mean, you're making me look up structures now.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought you had it up.
Speaker 1: No, I had the main schedule page up, but I have the thing up now.
Speaker 2: Because if you can cash and cash and then buying the next day.
Speaker 3: It's a luck. Twenty eight thousands a luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, standard payouts start on day one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they probably play down a five percent, so you know, anywhere between seven and a half and well, it just.
Speaker 1: Just says no, it actually says day one is play twenty two levels.
Speaker 3: So it's similar to what they did last year, where.
Speaker 1: You'll get to the fifteen thousand and thirty thousand level.
Speaker 2: So normally I think you're in the money for a couple of levels, which will help the chance of us, you know, heating that twenty eight thousand numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, I mean this is you know, it's going to be crazy to start things off, of course, you know, but I mean this is the way you should kick off the World Series. Every year, was there sort of a massive field tournament? Shout out massive all right. We also have the ten k GG millions. Nolan would hold them high Roller as event number eleven on the schedule. Ten thousand dollars buy in there. Two starting flights.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna notice that this is a theme for some of these events. Additional starting flights, notably in a in a handful of these high rollers, where they went to two starting flights. Event number sixteen is the seventeen dollars US Circuit Championship, which is a tournament that I'm not sure I understand. Like, so I first see this and I see, okay, it's called DOWSIP event number sixteen, seventeen dollars Nolan maan HoldEm USSIP Circuit Championship. If it's an official divisipy event with a number, then that tells me it's a bracelet event.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, that's what I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: Okay, But it's called the Circuit Championship. So is it also give a ring? Is it part of the circuit? Like what what is the relationship between this event and the circuit? Also weird buy in? But but this is the buying that's used on in circuit events. Yes, also US is the world not allowed?
Speaker 3: It's Americans only?
Speaker 1: This is how this works. Like, I'm just kind of confused here. It's just kind of interesting that it's all like that. I'm assuming it's just it's just a divisipy event. It's a seven hundred dollars buying nolanman holdam divisipy event. Like, I don't, you know, I don't the name is the name, but.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're trying to basically, you know, connect the WSP with you know, their little brother WSP circuit. This is kind of a way to put it more in front of people. They did this a WSP paradise for people qualifying.
Speaker 1: How does this how does this make that connection other than the name, like like how like what does it.
Speaker 3: Actually buy in in the name.
Speaker 2: I really think that might might just be it, you know, I don't think there's much more kind of outside of that to be.
Speaker 1: Like, I feel like, if you're really going to connect it, you need to like qualify people. You start with the name, and like every person that cash is gets a ticket to play a circuit event or like like you know, like actually like connect the dots.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, I agree.
Speaker 2: I guess that's maybe they have more future plans where they you know, they couldn't roll in. Maybe the plan is that is to award packages, et cetera. But you know that's something they could really do on this short notice. But maybe that's the plan for you know, the twenty twenty seven well was there's Poko bet I.
Speaker 1: Already know after this podcast, we're going to get several messages from our friend Jeff Plat. Jeff, forgive us for all the nonsense we're about to say, but you will correct us afterwards. Happy to have you on at any point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, idiots, but.
Speaker 1: You're still not getting into the Hall of Fame. I'm sorry. But other than that, other than that, all good. So yeah, So nove number sixteen, the seventeen hundred dollars US Circuit Championship us ws AP Circuit Chance. That's a whole freaking mouthful. Event Number fifty three the fifteen hundred dollars five card PLO event that should do very well. I would guess the even number ninety one another PLO. This one's pick your PLO. It's a dealer's choice PLO format where you can pick PLO PLO, eight, five card PLO or big O. So four games in the rotation.
Speaker 2: I'm similar to what we did a couple of years ago. I'm surprised they didn't put double board. Yeah, I think you could put double board in there. I also think you could put six card PLO. I guess I'm pretty Six card.
Speaker 1: PLO is available on dobs ap dot com.
Speaker 3: How many handed do you play?
Speaker 2: Sixto can only play No, you can't play nine handed, so you can only play eight So that's probably maybe an issue.
Speaker 1: Well, then make the tournament eight hand I mean, how many people are going to be playing this tournament that you can't make it eight handed?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and then I know it's I don't think it's this doesn't count as bracelets right this next correct, But we're putting it on here just to talk about as you know, new events as part of THESP Extravaganza throughout the summer. Is that July fourteenth through twenty fifth is the Summer Circuit Series. So maybe that's like, you know, maybe in this Circuit Championship you win some sort of ticket to play in the Summer Circuit Series like something like that. I think that's like the tie or somehow.
Speaker 2: And they do that schedule at that's eighteen events. There's a five K hyroller, there's a three K hiroller, there's a two k hiroller, and obviously the seventeen hundred main event. But yeah, it's very much a very typical circuit stop. You know, they've got the four hundred dollars mini main event, they got six hundred dollars buy ins Nightlely, Deep Stacks Satellite, It's Monster Stacks Plo Ladies events. So it's very very much a circuit event, and and you know, the buy ins outside of obviously there's hirollers are kind of what you would expect for any kind of US based circuit stop.
Speaker 1: So those are the new events, plus that that new series that's going to take place all during the summer. And then we have, of course some events that are no longer with us. Rip rip to the nineteen seventy nine Poker Hall of Fame Bounty, Goodbye. I hate this event. I'm happy it's gone. See you later. The seven hundred and seventy dollars Lucky Sevens event is no more, which also awarded a first place priorly of seven hundred and seventy seven seven and seventy seven dollars, So that's gone. This one might strike a chord with some people. The three thousand dollars Limit Hold Them is gone? Are we just trying to kill limit hold Them?
Speaker 3: You should?
Speaker 1: Who changed one of our horse events to tours which has also been which also happened last year at the would be the three K Horse became the three K Tors. Correct that that happened.
Speaker 3: People are just.
Speaker 1: Trying to kill limit hold them instead kill it.
Speaker 2: Look, they still have two other limit hold them events. They've only always had like the last few years.
Speaker 1: Three So what are the they have fifteen hundred and ten k's that.
Speaker 2: Ten and ten K they used to have this three K. I think they may have done a limit shootout before too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was a that that's a wild for level years three K one, it's three K six max.
Speaker 3: It's the six max.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this one should stay. This one should have stayed, wasn't it. I mean we should have looked at the numbers, but like, was it well at ten? Did I feel like this one was well attended?
Speaker 3: It's limit hold them. It's not ever going to be well attended.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you should have had the fifteen hundred, the three K six max limit hold them, and the ten K limit hold them all in the same week.
Speaker 3: Yes, agreed.
Speaker 1: Another event that's gone, which I saw a fair amount of chatter about people saying like they're kind of bummed that this event is gone, the fifty hundred dollars no limit hold them shootout rip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shootout.
Speaker 2: They improved it last year by adding the day one b option, Yeah, I think and everyone loved that and which.
Speaker 1: That's weird to like make that improvement. Yeah, like you're basically like you're kind of investing into the event more and it did well and then now it's gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a very popular event. Obviously, there's you know, let's let's think of it from the operator side, there's no re entries, I mean outside of that other flight. But you know, it's basically a freeze out. It does take you know, you can't break tables. Your tables have to finish out. So from a legacy, it's great money maker for the WSP but I think it's a vital part of you know, the WSV schedule.
Speaker 1: And then this event is is still there, but it's just has a name change. The six hundred dollar Poker News Deep Stack Championship has been renamed to the six hundred dollars Deep Stack Championship, so just dropping Poker News from that. So I'm curious there. I'm guessing Poker News isn't going to have the same involvement with the Deep Sacks as a whole as they did last year. They did a whole bunch of coverage for it. They gave out little medallions if you made fund labels, all that sort of stuff. So I'm guessing that that part of things might be going away as well, which you know, I don't think is like the biggest deal, but notable, of course.
Speaker 2: It's it's notable, and I think it's you know, obviously the deep stacks that Pokernese are doing extended coverage of.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a it's a smaller buying.
Speaker 2: It appeals to a certain play a pool, and I think it's still important to highlight that. So it is a shame for you know, that playpool not to have such a highlight on on those daily deep stacks. But yeah, so yeah, that one's just a little bit of a rename, but it's still there, still probably in a event that's going to be worth playing. Good structure late in the series.
Speaker 1: Now, I think that there's one event or one format of an event that they are missing. Actually I think there's two or three, and I'll try and rank these Mystery Bounty, oh my god, did you imagine a limit hold of mystery?
Speaker 3: Good Lord?
Speaker 1: I think I'll try and list these in terms of priority. One is I think that they're missing a PKO. Now, I know you and I have talked about this in the past. I think we've talked about it on this podcast. Maybe it was last summer or some other time. But you know, logistically at the ws AP, when the fields are just so much bigger than everywhere else, it's got to be extremely difficult to operate a PKO. So my solution there would be you do a PKO of a very high buy in twenty five K, fifteen K, you know, something just very very high, which I think a lot of those players would love, absolutely love, and it's it's a little bit more contained because it's a it's a smaller, more exclusive field. So I think like a twenty five K p KO would be sick. So I think that's something that I, you know, I would have wanted them to add, And you know, I think it's a miss to not have another one. Is I think your addition to the mix series, the Big Bet Mix. They don't have one of those, do they they.
Speaker 3: Have a.
Speaker 2: No, I think they did, Yeah, twenty five hundred Big Mix. Well they call it mixed Big Bet, Yes they did. They've had that for a while.
Speaker 3: Games is it same same games we had in the mix series.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet, forgive me there, I'm an idiot for whatever reason, I didn't think that that included. I think five card high is what I was thinking of, But that one, I also think that.
Speaker 3: You could you could do a big buying of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think you could do a ten k like I could. I think I think I've always kind of said this, but like, if you're gonna have one one event of a variant, you just go for like the twenty five hundred or the three k price point. But then if you're gonna have two, you go fifteen hundred and ten k, And I think they've kind of always followed that plan, which I really liked. So like, I think you could go fifteen hundred and then I think you could go ten k for this, Like that would be kind of cool. And the other one is I still I'm still a sucker for the Triple Stud. I'm just I'm gonna be forever a sucker for the Triple Stud.
Speaker 2: So just you know, you know, you talk about like putting the limit hold them together, you could definitely put you know, the raz Stud side of high lower smaller buyings within a wake. The next week, you do the bigger buyings. You can definitely do that. There's definitely well for a triple stud.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: I would be curious if I don't really know how you would test this, but I actually just doing it and testing it and seeing the data, and I kind of think that things will eventually move this way in however many years. But that's that the ten K Championship, seven Card STUAD events, so stud stud, high, low, and ras are eventually gone and you just have a triple stud.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm in the ten K binds or all of them.
Speaker 1: Like, so instead of having one of each, you would just have one event with all three and then that basically opens the window for like two other events at a time period. Now, I don't know what I'm saying, Like I would want to test it this because like I don't know what would do better numbers wise, but like you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think the individual ones would do better, to be honest, Yeah, I mean there's there's definitely like stud specialists and specialists.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I think I lean your way right, But I'm enough on the fence that I would probably want to try and test it, although I don't really know how to test it without actually just testing it and you could ruin things.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of think.
Speaker 2: I think the best way to test it, to be honest, is you you know you do like looking at where is it? You basically do your fifteen hundred horse. Then I would do a five K triple start, and then you do the ten K horse. I think that is a good I think you have to think of a good schedule spot as well, but that's where I might do it. I don't think, actually, why.
Speaker 1: Would you do five k? Normally when they test things like that, they do three k, like three k and you know.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. I think we need more five ks.
Speaker 1: Also, don't. I don't disagree with your point about how like you know you have like stud experts or stud eight experts, et cetera. But if you were to get rid of the three and make it all just one event, don't those experts aren't they forced to play this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I think he may not get them to play like I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I I don't disagree, but also like I don't, I don't know because I feel like I feel like when you have, for example, the twenty five K half and half, like you get nolam at Holdham experts that dive in, Like they won't play a twenty five K PLO straight up, but they'll dive into the half and half even.
Speaker 2: So that's why That's why I also said five K would be because like if your RAS game is not as proficient as your stud games, that you start high and stuid high low, you know, instead of a custing ten K, Like five K is a good prize point where the prize pool is going to be big. Now, like you said, why does it to be five? It could be three? Yeah, sure, I just like adding a few more different buying numbers, That's all I mean.
Speaker 1: I also want to point out that overall, I think the schedule is is good. It's also funny because you see it every year on social media and you know, people ask you and they talk about it in various poper circles. You know, when's the schedule coming out? When's the schedule coming out? I mean it's it's pretty much the same thing every year. Yeah, Like there's only like a few small changes. Yet everyone thinks it's like this monumental shift when it's just not.
Speaker 3: I think people expect monumental shift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it's it's it's just not at the end of the day like you can pretty much map out like exactly what the schedule is going to be, and you.
Speaker 2: Know the weekends are reserved for the big no limits and then you're going to stagger. You know, they're going to stagger events where there's where there's player overlapp. It's just like a giant puzzle piece really, and it's always going to be depending on the days of the week and what events they want to add new. And then you know last year they made one big change where they kind of added they added extra flys to some of these no limit events, so you know, these events stretch out longer. Now that has a ripple effect for every other event this year. We're going to touch on soon, you know, with more starting flights in some events and different ways they do Day two, there's a ripple effect you know, post that event and into other similar you know events with the buying and the game time.
Speaker 1: Something that also just popped into my head is because the set, the main stage is moving to Paris, I would assume that they're going to flip how they do like the big Field Day ones and stuff like, weren't a lot of those in Paris, and then now they're going to be in Horseshoe And my thinking is that that Horseshoe Hallway is a quarter of the size of the Paris so that that could be.
Speaker 3: Why they do that.
Speaker 2: You know, if people remember from last year they had what was it, maybe twenty five percent of the Paris room was dedicated to cash games. The only time they opened that for tournaments was on the really really big like Colossus Mystery Millions kind of days. So if they're moving the set to Paris, that's obviously going to take up say that entire area. Are they still going to keep cash game a cash game section there because in that limits, you know, the amount of tournament tables they can have twenty four seven, I'd put the cash. Yeah, no one cares about cash game. Let them go to Blagio anywhere else. You just worry about bracelets.
Speaker 1: So if well, I mean the bottom line might tell you to go f off there, buddy, Sure, yes, I mean the cash always look like they're doing pretty well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this day is we would will pass it on days it was five tables going, and then there's days where the whole thing was full. So it's obviously you know, eaves and flows. But yeah, I would try and have all tournament tables in there, and then you know you can run some of the big no limits stuff in there. You could also still have you know, the high buying event in the corner, you know mat with neither set or something. Then you have you know, day one a miss.
Speaker 1: My point that I was making last summer is that like a one K bracelet every night, like one table, let's just go. I mean, what if we're driving revenue, let's just drive the revenue to the freaking moon baby like.
Speaker 3: On you know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, I mean, you know, I'll hold it until we kind of give our thoughts, but yes, there's definitely a room for something similar to that.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's get into some of the event changes, you know, stuff that's stuff that's on the event still from on the schedule from past years, but you know there might be some adjustments that are made. First thing that stuck out to me this, this jumped out to me immediately when I I opened the schedule. The twenty five K Heads Up Championship is now two flights, and I was like, wait, that wasn't two flights before? Right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: And then I looked. Of course it wasn't. So they are moving to two flights. Each flight is going to be sixty four entries. Very interesting. I don't really know how I feel about it. You can play both flights. If you play flight A and bust, you can play flight B. So you know, you could be in this thing for fifty K as opposed to twenty five K initially, and you know, I reserve the right to change my mind, but initially I think not a good change. That's my first thought. I like the fact that this was capped at sixty four and if you missed it, you missed out. That's on you. Yeah, me, like so yeah, I mean I I yeah, And if you have I feel like, if you have enough of an appetite, I would have probably pushed to raise the buy in versus adding a second flight first, like go to fifty K at sixty four entries one flight, versus keep it at twenty five K and add a second one. So yeah, I just think that this is pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts? I hate it.
Speaker 2: I hate going to the one twenty eight for several reasons. It's the biggest thing I'm going to say though. If you go back look at like twenty sixteen, seventeen, it used to be if you remember, a ten thousand dollars buying heads up. In twenty nineteen we had one hundred and twelve entrance, so we didn't make the full we'll call it a double bracket. Twenty twenty one they upped the buying at twenty five k. That was the first year we went to twenty five, or not the first year, but we went up to twenty five. Didn't hit the sixty four. Obviously that was the year coming out of COVID, so yep, okay, maybe that was the thing. And then since then we've we've hit that max. Just going up to one twenty eight it just allows just is a bit of risk. I think the FOMO for this event is the best part. It's you know, when someone logs in and deposits all their money into WSP plus app and they want to play this. This is the first one they're registering because they need to be part of the sixty four. And the other issue is with the two flights on a different days. I think it affects the integrity of the tournament a little bit, you know. And this was brought up on Twitter. This is not my thought. This was you know, reading someone much more intelligent than me. Is that you know, you can register for one B and by the way, if you bust one A, you can play one B. But you register one B and then you can just look at the updates you know, Twitter, Instagram, Poker News, Poka, dot Org, WSP whoever, see who made it. And then your decision to decide to oh, do I want to actually play one B or do I want to unregister can be swayed by who's kind of advanced. And now you can say, well, it's going to be different sides of the brackets. Yes, I would expect that to be different sides of the brackets, but these guys are smart enough to calculate have their ev changes whether you know this player makes it or this player makes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It basically comes down to if you think that if you were to win your first match and then get thrown into that next group or whatever, that you know, win the matches to get into that next day whatever that is, if that's gonna be much harder than you originally thought, then you just on register and don't play.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to see how it goes. I think here, I think with this event, you could explore an online portion.
Speaker 3: Yeah I say this every and.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that starts at like five K or something, and like at some point they get merged into the field live, Like I think you could do that, and then this event could be freaking massive.
Speaker 2: I mean I've said this every year, and follows me on Twitter they would see my recent post talking about a heads up series. But I think the World Series is a perfect spot to run a five hundred dollars buying heads up on WSP dot com where you play down to say the final eight. You could do a five K version and a ten K version all online play down to the final eight or four whatever you think it is. You come to Vegas, you know, maybe it's the end of June. You finish that, and then after that is the twenty five k. So ideally you get some of those people that may have qualified for five hundred bucks in one shit ton of money jump in the twenty five K. I think I think police players like heads up tournaments because they're so rare. There's you know, one a year at the World Series. You know, I don't think we see them at any other major stop. You know, there are obviously at places like the Lodge and stuff, but nothing like a major series will run aheads up tournament, and I think a five hundred dollars heads up tournament five K, ten K whatever it is as well, would be incredibly well attended and you know, do it online literally zero labor. So but yeah, I mean, at the end of the day, one hundred and twenty eight, one hundred and twenty four players, I think they'll I think they'll get there, right.
Speaker 1: You think they'll get there? I mean, well, actually, when you consider the when you consider the.
Speaker 2: The re entry entry aspect, if you're going to I think every I think I think every loser will nearly want to play. Like you know, who plays his heads up. It's not what people like just taking their shot. It's like heads up specialists. So I'm wondering how registration works. Can I register one A and one B and then if I make it through, I have to cancel my one B. I would expect, you know, the Adria Mataos and the Daniel and Grano's, et cetera, to all register both flights.
Speaker 1: What if you play Day one A and you bust and Day one b is full. You don't care, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's why I think people, you know, like you, people are going to think about this straight away and they're going to look in their app and be like, oh, I can register both. I'll register both because I can always I can always just say cancel it and get all my money back so they don't miss out. That's what I would expect happened.
Speaker 1: Some other notable changes in terms of flights for events, the fifty Monster Stack and the fifteen dollars Millionaire Maker. They are both taking the approach that we saw at WSP Paradise for the Superman event.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, So basically what that means is you can play a day one flight, then play a.
Speaker 3: Day two flights, yes, the next lost.
Speaker 1: And then go back into a day one flight. Yes, right, that's how this that's how this is outlined.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are your thoughts there.
Speaker 3: For the Millionaire Maker.
Speaker 2: I don't care as much for the Monster Stack, and I think I see I've seen the most stuff online relative was to the Monster Stack because.
Speaker 1: And the Monsters Deck used to be well it was it was freeze out per flight.
Speaker 2: Well, I think at one point it it was just a freeze out. It was it was only a day one, day two, day three. I'm talking like, you know, twenty sixteen. Like the first year, it came out right and then it evolved. Okay, they added another flight, and now it's become this this event that's a bit more gimmicky when I think a lot of people and I said, this is the I'm directly quoting someone here, like this is a lot of people's main event, you know, the Monster Stack, good structure, deep structure. You know, basically it's a freeze out for them. And you know, obviously now they have the mini main event. But I think I wouldn't have done this for the month Stack. I would I would play around with the Millionaire Maker, the Colosses, the Mystery Millions. I would try and keep you know, a few more of these kind of better structured events, you know, like the Mini main event and the Monster Stack. So a little bit disappointed in there, but I get it. Like you know, I think at the end of the day, the WSP always want to well, at the end of the day, they always want to make money, so this does help with that, but they always want to try and have big numbers for all their events, and this is a way to essentially get someone to play. They cash, they jump back in, they cash, they jump back in.
Speaker 3: You know, you could cash four.
Speaker 2: Times in the Millionaire Maker, And I think you know, if that's what if that if you can only come out for four or five days and you've only got a limited amount of money, you know, that's probably what you're going to spend it on and just lost away fifteen hundred dollars a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the Monster Stack this year. So the first flight, flight A, will be on June third. Then then there's a flight every single day June third, June fourth, June fifth, June sixth. On June fourth, so the day after Flight A, that's when the first Day two is, and then there's a Day two on June fourth, June fifth, June sixth, June seventh. So you advance from flight A immediately the next day you hop into your Day two. If you were to bust that, you could just hop right back into flight B. So an original starting flight then you can basically repeat that process ye, and you can re enter once per flight. So there's gonna be a lot of turnover in this event. A lot of people going for it, I would say that that that sort of structure. I have two things on the structure here. One is I think it's going to lend itself to better players performing better in the event, yes, which makes it harder for not as good players to win, which I think is a negative. I'm also just curious, is this a slow introduction to the thing that we saw at WSIP Paradise in the Super Main event starting to become more than norm for the Dobasip on the whole. They're starting it now with the Monster Stack and the Millionaire Maker, Like, is it going to just start coming into more and more events? Also, I think the Classus as well. Is the Clausus also doing this just basically it's going to be because the norm basically like eventually, It's not It's not like they're gonna make all events like this immediately, you know maybe, But is it like this year they have a couple, next year they have a couple more, and then it just builds and builds and builds. Is this is this gonna be the new norm?
Speaker 2: I think it might be for these so they're not give me the events like Marquee lower buying events. I think this could become the norm, except for like you know, when we talk about the Mystery Millions or the Mini Mystery, they won't have it for that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it could be.
Speaker 2: You know, we're gonna have it for the Monster Stack, the Colossus, and the Millionaire Maker.
Speaker 3: And I would expect it to stay that way going forward. I mean, that's not necessarius.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just asking a lot of bank rules.
Speaker 2: It's it's an expensive world series for you know, I think you and me kind of fit in that playpool of like those kind of buyings. Whatever you thought you were spending. You know, maybe you budgeted twenty five k or thirty K last year, that number is going to go up this year, or you're gonna have.
Speaker 3: To resume the events you want to play.
Speaker 2: It's it's yeah, you have to kind of look at it and be like, oh, well this this fifteen hundred dollars months to stack really might be a twelvesand dollars tonament. All right, So okay, should I just say that Should I save that twelve k for the main event and the Mini Maine? You know, like I think people are going to have to make really conscious bankrow decisions with that that playpool.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, the play a.
Speaker 2: Pool of those like Midstaks, guys that that maybe only have the twenty k that they're going to allocate to the WSP this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it's gonna be interesting to watch it play out. I mean, I think it's also one of those things where, you know, kind of talking similar to what I talked about in the last podcast. Poker as a whole, I think there's just going to be a lag in seeing some stuff. So I think this year will be fine, you know, but if it just continues down this path, I mean, I don't know, there's only so much money.
Speaker 3: That people have.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's also point it's just going to come back to bite everyone.
Speaker 2: It's also a tough year to do it with the you know, the tax stuff is still not you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but again, I mean, I personally think that that's just not going to come up this year. I think people are just still blasting because they're just blasting and then you know, if they get hit with the bigger tax bill where they can't write as much off, then they're going to realize, okay, I need to start pulling type of thing. The fifteen big o that added a second starting flight. You have the Seniors Championship added a day two, so they're doing the same thing. You know, you play flight day next day, you play your Day two while the other flight is playing. So I would imagine this seniors event, which always does freaking bonkers numbers every year, those numbers are going to go up. I would imagine. Yeah, you have the one K Mystery Millions added a nighttime turbo flight one each, Yeah, lasting that thing. Yeah, well, you have both the the one K Mini main event, which is freeze out per flight. It was previously two starting flights, it's now three starting flights. And then you have the three K mid Stakes Championship. They also added a third starting flight there. So I think overall it's it seems like you're going to need a little bit more of a bank roll as you did in prior years. So you put the package together or something like that, you're gonna need, you know, a few extra bullets in the chamber to be able to get through the whole summer, So you know, just be prepared in that regard. And then you also have on the higher buying side, we already talked about the new edition being that ten KGG Million's high Roller coming in with two starting flights. Well, the twenty five K Nola at Holdham high Roller, the eight handed one that's also going to have two starting flights, and the twenty five K PLO high Roller is also going to have two starting flights, which is interesting, right, So I think that that's particularly interesting as you and I know you know, you certainly know just US players at least have talked about scaling back at the higher buying specific due to the tax thing. I mean, we saw it with we saw it with Jeremy Osmas. He played one bullet in the twenty five K Mixed Games Championship, didn't reenter because he's scaling back on on stuff above ten k. So are you gonna like, is is this the right move at the right time type of thing? I mean, we'll see. I think you're still gonna get enough of the non US blasters to be pumping up the prize sbol here of course, but you know, and then yeah, it's it's gonna be hard for someone like I mean, I just use Jeremy Osmas as an example because he's been out there talking about it and we saw it firsthand when he didn't pull a second bullet in that event where it's just like, is he just gonna be like kind of forced to to play this because the field is like the field and the prize board just like, oh man, really you're really forces my hand here. I gotta get back in.
Speaker 2: I mean, who knows, well, you know, I think this this event, I'm gonna pull it up, try and pull out right now. But this event previously was I believe two re entries.
Speaker 3: Right, So.
Speaker 2: Is someone just gonna that may have allocated, like say, Jeremy allocated you know, seventy five K to play this. Is he going to just allocate it differently? As in he might just do you know one late on day one A and then two on the day one B.
Speaker 1: It's one re entry perfectly, okay, Yeah, So maybe like what they instead of them, you know, maybe they're going to approach it differently.
Speaker 2: You know, we talk about players being on time and that helps the tournament's kick up, but they may just wait so they you know, maybe they want to put one bullet in on one A and then then they just do you know one on one B. So I would expect this event number like field wise to go up, but not in the way where.
Speaker 3: You saw, you know, a second fight completely.
Speaker 1: How long? How long was this event last year?
Speaker 3: It's a street it was a street day.
Speaker 1: Ever, well, okay, because this year you have of Day one A on June third, Day one B on June fourth, then June fifth, June sixth, June seventh, and that's a long event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that ain't like basically so if you.
Speaker 1: Play Day one A and you go on to win, not that that matters so much for this player, but it takes away entries elsewhere, like you're not just like firing, firing and firing, like I mean, I guess it is interesting because we've heard Sean Deep talk about this and he even like kind of said that he advised Phil Hellmuth that, like you remember, Sean Deep last year was like, I'm thinking about skipping the w's main event because if I get sucked into that event for six days and I'm chasing Player of the Year, I should really be going for volume, not for necessarily the highest ROI because what he's after is the player of the year stuff, and if that's what I want, and the same thing with Hellmut That's why Dee was trying to kind of convince Helmut down this path is that if Helmeut's goal is number of bracelets, then getting stuck in one tournament that w's be made a then being the biggest example of this because it has the most extended player friendly structure. You don't want to just get stuck in that tournament for a week and be unable to play everything else. Well, you could basically get stuck in that tournament for a week not win a bracelet, or in that same time frame, you might win two or three other bracelets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and for this twenty five K you added the day. You're right, it's also about a week. It's a week stretching the WSP. It's quite action packed for these high ROLLA players. You got that twenty five K, you got another twenty five K, six max, fifty K no limit, one hundred K no limit. Then they all they all start on basically day three of each other. The problem with the event we're talking about right now is that it has added a day for and you're going to just the five people, six people that make that final day for the final table. They're not going to play the you know, the twenty five K six max at all. And also you have the day two registration, but it's going to be before that.
Speaker 1: Still register on day two for this, which I feel like is antithetical to adding a starting fleet. I feel like if you had a starting play, you would make rid end on the day once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of agree.
Speaker 2: It's you know, with this, like we've said, this climber, with the taxes, I think you didn't need to add a flight to this. The GG millions, I think that's fine, that's a new event.
Speaker 3: Do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: I think these high rollers have been pretty you know, these are pretty good at the World Series. You know, there's big numbers, there's a lot of people you know from overseas internationals playing, so Americans are going to play them anyway. But now this is just like I think it's asking a little too much, especially with you know, you look at this schedule. I got the twenty five o K, another twenty five K, fifty K, one hundred K. I got the two to fifty K later in the series. You know, it's very expensive, very quickly.
Speaker 1: You also put in our notes removed a day from the Omaha High Low Championship. Yeah, so does that mean that they also changed the structure. I haven't run, but it was always four days.
Speaker 2: So I put that note because you know, in previous years, I would lay out the schedule, you know, in a timeline, and then we kind of look at where we want to stream, and you know, that was always that's always gonna be a day for and you know last year it was it took four days. So I noticed that and I was like, oh, I'm wondering if they made you know, a structure changed to that event, as well as maybe other ten k split Pot Championship events. But you know, I didn't really need to go too deep since we're not, you know, predicting final tables and what we need to stream this year. I just thought it was an interesting note. That's always been pretty much a four day event, just like the ten k Horse, but yeah, they're chopping that down to three days.
Speaker 1: So all in all, I think the schedule is pretty good, you know, I think it's it's basically just on par with with last year, which I thought was probably the best schedule that they've they've done maybe ever. You know, just I thought it all flowed pretty nicely. Just a couple of things here or there were kind of stuck out, and I think the player feedback is something that I'm going to lean on the most, which I know a lot of the players were pretty happy with last year's schedule, and I know Tim and I got into like the nitty gritty of this year's schedule because that's what we're trying to do here with this episode. But overall, it's it's very similar to last year, and it's still a very good schedule. I think numbers are going to be very good and very bullish on all the numbers across the Divasophy. Of course, adding some flights is going to boost everything up. Yes, but you know, I think that I think it's good. I like moving that Mystery millions to closer to the Dobasophy main event. I like that addition.
Speaker 2: Do you think they add some main event seat bounties as prizes instead of like ten K cash?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would say I think they should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, if you just my only thing is like and this is like it's one of those things where it's a good problem to have, so you know, first world problem, but there's always a chance that somebody pulls one of those that can't play the main event. Yeah, like so is that just an extra hiccup and things? So would you rather just give them the ten k cash and just hope that they parlay it into the main event anyway?
Speaker 2: Like you know, No, I'd rather give them a seat and if they don't want to play, then I'll roll it to next year or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying it makes it easiest just to say here's ten k cash.
Speaker 3: Like that's just easy, you know, sure, like, but like that's what.
Speaker 2: Look, we wind up back two years to what WPT did and with the you know, the club WPT free role. I if you remember, I want a WPTC, but I immediately tried to cash it out like I wanted the cash. I would have taken less than you're a knit. Yes, I would have taken less than market value. But yet you know, I was forced to play, and I played, I busted whatever. But you know, if they care about we want a really big main event number this year, I would be looking at you know, they've added an extra fly, so you would expect more money in the price. I would take some of those five K bounties, you know, and then chop them down to one ks. But also then make some of them ten K main events seats. You have to admit that, you know, I would say there's a good portion of that mystery millions Field is not probably playing the main event.
Speaker 3: You know, they're not.
Speaker 2: They're not They're not a lock to play the main event, right, So this is a way to get some of those fringe people in. I think it's worth doing that, especially with it being so close and he and there's there's obviously a way we can kind of add to that. It's like, you know, the main event starts two days later, right, do those people Okay, I want a main event seat, I'll play one D But now, okay, I have to be here.
Speaker 3: I was going to fly home.
Speaker 2: I'm going to play the mini main event, and I'm going to play you know this three K or the six hundred deep stag. I've got to get a couple more nights at the hotel at Paris, I got to spend more money and food. There's some obviously, like you know, more ways WSP slash Caesars, slash GG, slash Horse. Who can make some money doing that, And I think it'd be a good way to do it.
Speaker 1: Where are you at on dobisity main event numbers.
Speaker 3: Overs name the number i'm.
Speaker 1: Overs last year was nine thousand and three and thirty five.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, whatever the record is, I'm taking overs on the record. Really, I'm normally pretty pessimistic about this. I just think I think GG is going to be all in. You know, this is their first year where it's really all theirs, right, the production everything, and remember two years ago they made a really big effort to break the record. I think this year they're going to go even bigger. You know, with WSP online satellites, GG pokers satellites, twenty five seed scrambles, fifty seeds scrambles, you know they're going to they're delaying the final table. I think they're kind of all in on just like record breaking everything, and like you've seen it with the events, the added fights, the day twos, their numbers, the entrant numbers are going to be through the roof, right, you know, the unique numbers might be down, but that doesn't No one cares about that. They just care about total entrance. And I think they'll make an even bigger effort to make sure the main event breaks the record. Yeah, I mean, look at that still aside, does any tax doesn't even mean generally.
Speaker 1: Always I'm always bullish and little it is form event, okay, right, And I don't know exactly where I stand just yet, but what I will say is that I think you're kind of seeing a little bit of everything that you're getting at just with this promotion that's going to be running at the Horseshoe in Las Vegas, the Cash Game promotion, Yeah, where they're given out what is it, twenty five seats to the main event.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then assorted seats for other events. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So basically, if you play at least one hundred hours at of cash over a certain timeframe, I forget the exact timeframe at Horseshoe, Las Vegas. So in the poker room, this is this is before the summer, you get into you can buy into like a twenty dollars tournament, and then if you get like if you play like one hundred and fifty hours, you get more chips, and like two hundred hours you get more chips, and then like the top twenty five are going to get a seat into the WSPMIN event. So just when you're when you're putting out initiatives like that, like I would even say they should do that during the summer in the main poker room, you know, when they're running cash in the main poker but.
Speaker 3: They should do it at every seasons.
Speaker 1: Sure, But even just just this is a step in the right direction in terms of like their qualification efforts. So I think this is if what you're saying ends up being correct, then you can look at this as like the starting point for all of the other stuff that's going to come, you know, in terms of qualifying more people in So that's that's cool to see. I personally wish I had that many hours to go sit there and play cash. I don't, but I would say I understand I can't do it. But I would also say that, you know, why couldn't you do this online? Oh yeah, X number of hands you know, and twenty thousand hands or something, right, like and just drive people to play cash on wsp dot com. You can do like every month. Yeah, I like that, you know, like that would be that would be cool, right, or like you know, every every five hundred hands you play or every hundred hands you play, you get a virtual rival ticket and then at the end of every month, it's thrown into this this barrel they do the drawing that they give out some main evans. It's like, I think that would be cool as well. Yeah, all right, WSB Player of the Year, which I think Tim and I talked about before, but as a reminder, we're going to get into it. It starts with doubs AP Europe this year and WSP Europe starts soon, right is it?
Speaker 3: Is it marchers at April one of the others very end of March.
Speaker 1: Okay, w s AP is bringing one million dollars in leaderboard prizes for the was B Player of the Year. First place gets one hundred k WSIP Paradise package plus the POI title. Second third also get one hundred k WSP Paradise Package. There's prizes for four through fifteenth, there's prizes through sixteenth through fiftieth, and then there's prizes for fifty first through one hundredth So the top one hundred players ranked on the WSP Player of the Year leaderboard, which again starts with WSP Europe that is coming up. There is one million dollars in prizes up for grabs. So for everyone that was constantly like, we want prizes, we want prizes, we want prizes. Here's your shot. The prizes are there, go for it. Tim has some notes here on media presence. Why don't you just get into these because you're the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I have more. It's more questions about, you know, how things are going to be this year. And we've heard rumors from different outlets. We've heard from our friends of pocones. You know, they're doing everything they're doing like normal. We obviously have people that work with us that are working for the WSP plus app, and you know, we all expect a bigger team, bigger hands on presence. You know, this kind of goes into everything they're doing right with GG and and WSP just trying to basically make everything WSP centric and I we're going to assume a much bigger team there. And then I would say maybe for BOG at all, but they might be dialing it back a little bit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to see how, you know, how kind of GG WSP treat things. We saw a paradise it was kind of a free for all, so probably something very similar for the media outlets this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm always interested in this sort of stuff, so I'm guess I'm just willing to see how it all kind of shakes out, and nor really have any like takes your thoughts right now? All right, let's get into some fun. Which events not including the main event? So I can't name the main event? Well, let me let me ask this to start. Are you playing the main event this year?
Speaker 3: I would like to.
Speaker 1: I still have you got to get a mass streak going, right.
Speaker 2: I still have the buy in sitting in my safe ready to go, planning to unless something work wise would prevent me from playing.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so we're gonna talk about which events not including the main event do we want to play. I tentatively did like a little schedule, basically thinking like and I do this every single year going into the summer. Like if I were to play me personally a full schedule based on what I think, you know, one I could have a decent piece of the of all the events, I can sell some action, Like I'm not just being like, yeah, I'm gonna play every day and I'm gonna spend foreigner cam Byron's Like, I don't think that's even like feasible for me. I mean maybe I could do it, I don't I don't know, So I put a bunch of events down that I that I would I would target to play. So basically anything, no limit, hold them. That is twenty five hundred dollars in under is my answer.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I, well, I didn't put the the Gladiators. I'm gonna try and avoid that with all costs. I would love to avoid the Colossus too, at all cost but I did put it down on the schedule, but I would love to avoid it. And my reasoning is that, you know, like every time I've played it, you're playing ten handed. It's just a freaking disaster, Like I just can't Like every time I play it, I'm like excited, and then ten minutes in, I'm like, why did I do this to myself? So maybe I'll not do it, But I would say I would say the one that I'm most looking forward to is, well, there's two, the Monster Stack and the Million Maker. I've never played the Monster Stack. I've talked about it how I've always wanted to play it, but it's one of those ones where it's just so long if you get stuck in it, like I just you know, could never take away from work and that sort of stuff. But it's also always one that I put on my schedule saying like if it works out with work and family and life and all that sort of stuff, then yeah, I would love to get in there in this sort of format. So so yeah, so I would put that on there. And then the Millionmaker. I think the Millionmaker as well has a really really good structure. Like I think the Monster Stack people assume is like the best structure, but I think the Millionmaker is an awesome structure. I think that that's great. And I was able to play The Millionmaker last year, didn't do anything in it, but still like I was excited to play knowing it's a pretty good structure. Overall, it's obviously going to get a massive price school shout out massive. So those two events for me are like right there at the top. So I'm pretty pumped about those. And then also I would love to play there's a fifteen hundred dollars freeze out, there's a twenty five hundred dollar freeze out, and there's a three K freeze out, Like I love that, right, you know, the twenty five hundred and three K are are of course, you know, a slight step up in price point, but because of their freezeouts, I think that that's great.
Speaker 2: One thing I I'll add to your the list is well, we didn't we didn't touch on it, but Glad eight is a poke, a three hundred dollar buy and you know four flights that has a big shift this year to starting It's going to start day three of the main event this year. So hopefully one reason why you're not playing it is because you're say in the main which, sorry, the Gladiator is a poker that's moved.
Speaker 1: So let me also say that. And I've talked about this. I don't know if I've talked about on the pod or if I've done it privately, but I am a play the main Event and that's it. I'm done. I can't fathom playing anything after the main Event. I just I feel like you build up to this whole thing, you put your all into it, and then I just can't imagine playing another poker tournament after you played that one, and I would probably just light money on fire. So I'm just not gonna. I'm gonna not put myself in that situation where I'll, you know, blow the money and I just I play the main event. And when I bust, like, that's my summer, right, and then and then you take some time off and you're like you take some time off from playing, and you're like, yeah, that's it. I obviously know there's a ton of events after the main event. You know, main event is number eighty two on a schedule of one hundred events, So there's a ton of stuff that's afterwards.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the ones, like if I were to play, is like that three K mid Stakes Championship that looks amazing, but you know, I'm just going to pass on it. On the stuff post main event, it's to me, it's you build up to the main event, you put everything into the main event, and then you're.
Speaker 3: Just you're done well.
Speaker 2: For me, I really don't know what we're doing work wise, so it's always gonna be TVD. But last year I only played a bullet in the in the the Colossus and then the main event, and we missed the Tag Team right last year. So the only event I definitely want to play again is the Tag Team, so make sure that's in your schedule.
Speaker 3: And then I.
Speaker 2: Do like these turbo flights that they did add for the Mystery Millions, So chance, I'll play that, So I'm on the hook for anywhere everte.
Speaker 1: You do realize in a mystery buying tournament, like you have to bust people like you.
Speaker 3: Know he's gonna make the.
Speaker 1: That has to like that's how you should play, right, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm there for the mean cash. You know, I'll take the.
Speaker 1: Mid cash tournament when they take a person chunk of the buying out. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Like you said, I'm I'm not a big fan of mister boundies either.
Speaker 3: If I was going to play one, I was going to play one to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I said, I don't know what's going with work yet, but tag team is the real one I want to play. And then obviously hopefully the main event again, so much.
Speaker 1: Less from the main event of course, So yeah, we'll see, we'll see. We'll see players on a budget.
Speaker 3: What do you guys picked out a couple of weekends that.
Speaker 2: Or two weekends and a midweek thing that I think players that you know don't have too much money, but they want to taste get that taste of the WSP this year when they should come first. One May thirtieth to thirty first Saturday Sunday, you can play one e and there's also a one f the Turbo nine fight at the five fifty minstery millions.
Speaker 3: Day two's on the Sunday.
Speaker 2: If you bust that or even if you cash, you got a six hundred no limbit deep stack the next day on that Sunday. That's a two day event. So basically you book a trip for three days. You know, you can spend anywhere and we'll call it fifteen hundred bucks on Torona bayens and I think those are two pretty good events. If you're looking a little bit later in the series, we're going to go down to June thirteenth, fourteenth weekend. You can get a fight end at the Colossus right day two d is on the Sunday. Then you can also play just like that last weekend, you got that eight hundred dollars deep sack. Now two days of that, so basically June thirteenth to fifteenth, you know you can get what are we going to call that, you know, eighteen hundred bucks maybe twenty three hundred dollars there to get your fix, and then another kind of three day period during the week so that's good for hotel rates. June thirtieth to basically July second, you can play day one. See the mini main event Day two is on July first. That doesn't go you, well, well you've got that six hundred deep Sack Championship that's got two starting flights on July first, July second.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And also you know if those don't go to well, you've got that eight hundred dollars Summer celebration starting on July second. So I think that's a nice little stretch there. And look, you come out, maybe you play one of the the Vega satellites at night for the main event main events side July second, extend your trip a little bit. So I think those are kind of three good spots for people, you know, basically looking to spend basically you know, two thousand dollars or less on tournament buyings.
Speaker 1: And then this is this is all speaking to this without knowing the win correct, Yes, yes, yes, Aurea resort, like we don't know any of the schedules yet, you know, once once the DOSB schedule drops. I know a lot of those people or those a lot of those other operators, they have kind of tentative plans, you know, and now it's just moving all the puzzle pieces around. So I'm assuming you're gonna get another big win Summer Classic or whatever they call it in the summer. I'm assuming you're gonna get another big series, which I think is actually on the Venetian website, like just in terms of like dates already, and that might come with a WPT event like it has before. I know the WPT is at Venetian right now, but maybe you also get a Summer one and then the Aria and you know, partnered with bet MGM. You know, they had a handful of those events as well. So you know, Resorts World usually throws their hat in the ring, you know, so you're gonna get a lot of the other stuff around town. So in terms of like best bang for your buck in a smaller window of time, maybe that kind of changes based on what other people have offering, you know. But yeah, just kind of speaking right now to everything that's being offered at the WSOP.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I also picked out a kind of a nice window if you've got a little bit more money. We'll call it six thousand bucks, you know, a month of work for some people, But basically June thirtieth to July eighth, you know, you're going to get one C of that mini main event. You're gonna get one A, one B of the six hundred deep Sack Championship. You've got that eight hundred dollars Summer Celebration, that's a two day event with two starting flights. That's going to be a bit of a kind of turbo event. You got a one K no limit hold them. That's a two day event. And then you have Day one ABC of the Ultra Stack six hundred dollars Ultra Stack. So basically that's fifteen hundred dollars in buy ins, you know, not accounting cashes or you know, lots of re entries, et cetera. And then obviously that's overlapping the first four days in the main event. So like I said previously, you know, you have the potential to play some five hundred or one thousand dollars satellites to try and to get in the main event. And we always see you know some big ten twenty you know seat guarantees running on property over that you probably have a twenty five C scramble on WSP dot com somewhere there too. So yeah, that's another good, another little good stretch. You know, if you're spending you know about that six thousand dollars. But yeah, like like you said, we'll have to wait till Venetian comes out and Aria and you know MGM grew Golden Nugget resorts at all these places are going to have a schedule that fits around this. So you know, if you want to not be at the WSP and you know, you can get your fix anywhere. I do a lot of single day stuff, a lot of mystery bounties. You know, Venetia are probably going to have their more multi day kind of lower buying events, and then Winners obviously going to stand out with a whole range of events, you know, the most tables of both of those rooms, and you know you're gonna have everything from four hundred dollars all the way up to probably twenty five k high rollers. So uh yeah, it's a waiting game. But if you're looking just WSP specific, you want to chase that gold bracelet, then those are kind of some windows that we think will be pretty pretty good.
Speaker 1: As always, if you guys have any thoughts, questions, suggestions, things we didn't hit on, think things you think were wrong on as it relates to the WSPY schedule. You guys can find us on Twitter Donnie Underscore, Peters as Mine, Tim Underscore Underscore, Duckworth is his. You can also email the show podcast at pokergrow dot com. We will either touch on them, you know, here on the show, or we'll just get back to you privately. Either way, always good to hear from the fans out there, hear from the listeners, hear from the players that are that are coming out and they're going to be gambling. You know, what weekends are you targeting? You know, what do you wish that they put on the schedule? What are you hating? Do we have any limit holding players out there that are pissed if they dropped the three K you know, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: I have some shootouts specialists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shootout specialists. I mean that event always was really well attended, Like it's I I never really kind of cared for it, but just in terms of playing, but it certainly, you know, you can't not recognize the fact that it was a very popular event and a lot of people were like, yeah, I'm gonna play the shoot I'm gonna come pay the shootout. So I think people just like the idea that I don't know. It seems like a daunting task to go from let's say two thousand players down to one. But in a shootout you're like, oh, I only have to win my table. Yeah, the table, and then I'm there, like you know, Like so that's what people were going at with that. All right, Well that's gonna do it for us for Tim Duckworth. My name is Donny Peters. Also shout out producer rich Ryan. Thanks for all the help that you do on the backside of the editing and all that good stuff. And until next time. We'll talk to you guys later.
Speaker 3: So you've express