Speaker 1: Most of the country just celebrated to founding by blowing stuff up. So here's a reminder that the USA is not the greatest country in the world. We stop being a full democracy a decade ago. The world now files us under a flawed democracy label. The Make America Great Again crowd has simply redefined great to mean something antithetical to every measure of a healthy society.
Speaker 2: We spend more.
Speaker 1: On healthcare than any nation in history, but yet we die three point seven.
Speaker 2: Years younger for just for that privilege.
Speaker 1: A mother is more likely to die giving birth here than in nearly any other rich country on Earth. Our infant mortality sits near the bottom of the developed world. One in five American kids is poor, while the top fifth takes home more than five times what the bottom fifth ever sees, and we rank thirty six of thirty eighth wealthy nations for child wellbeing. A child here is more likely to be killed by a gun than anything else, at a rate of thirty three times Australia's and seventy seven times Germany's. More sixth in child literacy, fourteenth in adult literacy, twenty fourth in numeracy, twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: In math, and tenth in science.
Speaker 1: The people who could fix that either flat out refuse or just send strongly worded letters. But we're number one in plenty of things. We cage more of our own people than any democracy on earth, and hold about a third of all the incarcerated women on the planet. We leave the world in defense spending in children killed by firearms, and most adults here believe in a Jewish wizard. Believe that a Jewish wizard will save them. So that's what great means in practice. The most prisoners, most dead kids, least educated, most spent on weapons, and least on a safety net, and the biggest share of a population that believes in magic.
Speaker 2: So was the USA ever really great?
Speaker 1: The constitution was built to exclude more than fifty eight percent of the population, written to serve a narrow slide some older white men. So no, I don't think that we can make a case that we were ever great. But what we what we did do, was slowly and consistently progress towards greatness. The last ten years has been a steady regression, and it's keeping America horrible. If you disagree with us about white Christian nationalism, about what white Christian nationalism has done to this country. Then please call in because the show starts. Now, what's up? He then's how y'all doing? I'm a godless engineer and today is July fifth, twenty twenty six, and we want to welcome you all to the Atheist Experience and thank you guys for joining us today. I'm your host, Godless Engineer John, and joining me today is Jim. How are you doing there today, Jim?
Speaker 3: I'm doing pretty good. I apologize for the background noise, but the the long guy just showed up.
Speaker 4: So he was he's supposed to show up Friday because he normally shows up on Saturday. But yeah, he's here now, so I may have to I'll have to duck out and pay him in just a second.
Speaker 3: But you know, or not doing pretty good. Finally fully employed, So that's always a good thing, you know. Arguing with people on the internet about whether or not their God exists always.
Speaker 1: Fou Oh yeah, I mean it seems to be like a constant thing on the Internet these days, is arguing with people about God or some kind of supernatural magical belief and how we can't expect, you know, a god to save us from you know, the hellscape that we seem to find ourselves in right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are no good arguments for God. They're all horribly, horribly bad.
Speaker 4: But I've also started arguing with Christians about whether or not the Trinity exists, because let's face what the Trinity is. No matter how you sit, three equals one, and of course that makes it as sense.
Speaker 3: Right. There's just nothing about any of this that makes any kind of sense about the Christian belief So I just I don't understand why anybody is believes in this God. It just makes an s suze no.
Speaker 1: You know, honestly, I'm beginning to like every conversation I have. I'm totally bumfuzzled about, you know, why people still continue to believe.
Speaker 2: So just to get you know, some some caveats.
Speaker 1: Out of the way at the beginning of the show here The Atheists Experience is a product of the Atheist Community of Austin, a five O one C three nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion of atheism, critical thinking, secular humanism, and the separation of religion and government. This means that you can give us a tax frednation as many as you want, in fact, and know not only that it is going to a good cause, but also it helps you too, and to let her I know we are try streaming tonight.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just got there, we go.
Speaker 1: I just got accepted up on the TikTok side of the stream. But we are try streaming tonight. So a big shout out to our viewers over on TikTok and YouTube mobile. If you are watching us on TikTok tonight and you'd like to talk to us, then request to join and we'll bring you up on the stage, but please make sure that you are over eighteen years of age before doing so. So with that out of the way, we have a number of callers already lined up, so do you have an eye on which one you'd like to take first?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 4: Jim, Well, I think we can definitely show that the God of the Bible is evil, oh by his own rules.
Speaker 2: I do want to emphasize for people both.
Speaker 1: Well on YouTube, both the vertical and the horizontal stream over there on YouTube, you would like to contribute to any of the conversations that we're having today, be sure to send in those superchats. We will be addressing super chats near the end of the show, and so if you want our take on something, or you want your opinion to be heard, please go on ahead and send in those super chats. So we've got Jeremy up first that we're going to talk to. What's up there, Jeremy, how you doing?
Speaker 2: How's it going to that's going pretty good? What are you up to today?
Speaker 6: They're Jermy, Well, I'm just wondering. So let me ask you both. Do you both believe that God?
Speaker 7: Do you believe in God or in a God?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why this is the atheist experience. If I was not an atheist on the atheist experience, that would be kind of antithetical to the show topic.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, understood.
Speaker 7: So how can you believe he is evil if you don't believe him to exist?
Speaker 1: Well, well, it's the character that's portrayed and Holy Books that we're saying is evil.
Speaker 6: So you believe this character to be fiction is evil?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can always you can always say that fictional characters are evil. Right. I don't see anybody running around saying Sarron is a good guy, right.
Speaker 4: I Mean that's just as part of talking about a fictional world as if it's real, and we do that all the time.
Speaker 3: So there's no problem here at all.
Speaker 7: Yes, Well, one thing, it just really burns me up whenever I see so many people getting caught up on well, if God, you know, was good, then he wouldn't let this happen or that happen. And you know he's called evil people.
Speaker 6: Sauch as yourselves.
Speaker 7: But I really would like to just push back on that and say, you know, I think we're forgetting that.
Speaker 6: That Satan exists as well. If you're going to believe that God exists.
Speaker 7: And so many people get hung up.
Speaker 6: On well, why would God let this happen, that happen, say is evil and Satan exists?
Speaker 3: What do you believe that your God is on nepotent, all powerful?
Speaker 6: I believe my God is love.
Speaker 7: I'm not a Let me just not a question.
Speaker 3: Thank I did not ask that question. Please answer my question.
Speaker 8: You believe.
Speaker 6: I believe is okay?
Speaker 3: Well, so could you answer the question? You don't believe your God is omnipotent.
Speaker 7: I don't believe in the God that you you guys are talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm not Christian, okay, hold on, no, no, well no, so it doesn't matter if you're Christian nationalists, because Christian nationalists are barely Christian in the first place.
Speaker 2: So I can I read?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, well no, so so can I Can I read all the statement for you? Hold on, Jeremy, are you there? Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Can I let me let me read a statement off to you real quick, and I want you to tell me whether or not this is God or if it's Satan. Can can you do that for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay? Uh.
Speaker 1: The statement is one should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason. Now does that sound like Satan or is that God?
Speaker 7: It's probably Satan.
Speaker 3: It's probably okay?
Speaker 1: Oh, good, good on you, because yes, that is tenant number one of the Satanic Temple. Now what part of that would you consider to be evil?
Speaker 7: I believe that that Satan never said that, and I believe that whoever worships Satan is just literally just taking words from God and saying, okay, Satan said this.
Speaker 3: Well we're going to.
Speaker 7: Say Satan said this, okay, another Satanic temple, Like, I don't believe anything that they have to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you believe what the Bible says?
Speaker 3: I believe parts of.
Speaker 2: The Bible you believe you. Okay, so you cherry picked the Bible.
Speaker 6: That's my right to do. So you can call it cherry picking.
Speaker 2: Well, did did God inspire the Bible?
Speaker 1: Or is God responsible for the Bible?
Speaker 6: Let me ask you a question, just one question.
Speaker 1: No, no, this is this is not how this no? No, hold on, I'll let you ask you for a second. You don't, I'll let you ask your question here in a second, Jeremy. If you can't, if you can't follow the ship that like like the host the hosting guidance here, then you know we can.
Speaker 2: We can move on. We get plenty of other callers.
Speaker 1: Go okay, I'm going to read a statement to you, and I want you to tell me if God said this or if Satan said this.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, But if I don't believe Satan said it, then what's the point of of you've been asking? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, well no, it's either God. I'm giving you a choice. It's either God said it or Satan said it, and I want you to pick pick which one. Okay, okay, all right. It says now, go and attack the Amalekites and devote to destruction, utterly destroy all that belongs to them, do not spare them, but put to death men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and donkeys. Now, this is telling a group of people to go and kill children, infants, and women. Do you figure that that is God or Satan?
Speaker 8: God said it?
Speaker 2: God said it? So you earlier, I want to go back.
Speaker 1: You've characterized God, your God, is being a god of love, but then you've also characterized God as telling people to go and stab children and infants and women in the face or in the chest or however you want to execute these children and infants. You've claimed that your God is a god of love, but then you seem to brand things that are actually loving, like compassion and empathy and all that as not being loving, but as being Satan or Satanic. And then you know this right here is somehow loving, Like how is it loving to stab a child in the face?
Speaker 7: Do you believe in Satan?
Speaker 2: No, that doesn't matter. Can you please answer my question.
Speaker 7: You're bringing up something that Satan said as a form of an argument towards me and my argument.
Speaker 1: So no, right, believe I've pulled one verse from your Bible. I've pulled one verse from your Bible that you claims representative of an all loving God, and that verse includes God telling his people to stab babies in the face. And I'm wanting to know why you would think that that is somehow a loving act by a loving God.
Speaker 7: I don't because I simply just don't believe in that characterization.
Speaker 1: Okay, well what characterization would you call it? On First Samuel fifteen, verse three.
Speaker 7: I would just like to know if God showed himself to you both, would you believe in it?
Speaker 1: I would, I would believe he existed. I would not worship him.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, that's fine. You can't see oxygen, but you believe it's.
Speaker 9: Keeping you alive. Goodbye?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Oh? But he fucking ran? He ran quick like there was a Okay.
Speaker 1: First of all, that felt like an impossible conversation because one he seems to be, you know, pulling his God belief from the buffet of Christianity as opposed to, you know, sticking with established theologies. He's decided to construct his own DIY version of God.
Speaker 2: And that's always really.
Speaker 1: Tough to you know, have a discussion with, because they literally just arbitrarily pick which things are good and which things are bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I was kind of wanting to get into like one Corinthians thirteen four nasheate right, where we get a definition of what love is. Love is patient kind does not havevy, envy, Envy and jealous here kind of synonyms. And then we get Exodus thirty four to fourteen. Do not worries for bening God. For the Lord whose name is jealous is ahealous God. I would love to have him to have justified his belief in God that way. But I mean, yeah, and then you doing me who said it no wonder?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope that we can we can actually ask somebody that particular question, because I would like to know what their take is on the definition of love versus what they think God's love is. But all right, uh, we do have plenty of callers lined up, So do you want to go ahead and get to the next one there?
Speaker 2: Jim ahead, All right.
Speaker 1: Next up, we've got Courtney calling in from Florida.
Speaker 2: What's up, Courtney.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry you're in Florida, but I'm glad that you're calling in today.
Speaker 9: What do you mean it's beautiful down here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't mention it on this show. Yeah, all right, so.
Speaker 1: Courtney here, yep, we got you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's beautiful down here. Fourth of July yesterday, lots of fireworks. It was a great, beautiful, beautiful day, beautiful weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the local neighborhood fireworks take into account that there might be veterans with PTSD near you or did you guys just not care?
Speaker 3: No, we didn't care.
Speaker 5: We just ended.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought.
Speaker 11: Got them off too. Yeah, they were out there.
Speaker 3: I said veterans. I said veteran.
Speaker 4: I specifically said veterans with PTSD, not just veterans, because I am also a veteran. I do not have PHSD, but I know veterans friends of mine who have PTSD, for whom the fireworks, uh can trigger their PTSD quite easily. So yeah, so yeah, you know that's typical. So anyway, you want to ask us where we get our morals from?
Speaker 3: Right, we had a good time. We had a good time.
Speaker 4: Good for you. So where do you where do you we get? Where do if you get morals from? I got mine from a cracker jack box? What does it matter?
Speaker 3: Where do you? Where do you get your morals from?
Speaker 11: If you if you don't get I get my morals from the Bible.
Speaker 3: So if you really get your morals from can I buy your daughter? If you don't get can I buy your daughter? What's that? Can I buy your daughter? Can you buy my daughter?
Speaker 5: Wall?
Speaker 11: It is, it's actually opposite of that.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait it depends. Did you just say it depends? Like what does it depend on the price tag? Like are you going to negotiate? Like do you want to open up like a line of negotiations or something.
Speaker 11: It's actually it's the opposite of that of the Bible. You're supposed to give a dowry to somebody that wants to marry your daughter.
Speaker 4: No, no, so I said, is twenty one seven through eleven. Let me quote you that. Let me quote your Bible for you. Exaid it's twenty one seven through eleven.
Speaker 3: If a man sells his daughter to be a female servant, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she doesn't please her master, who has married her to himself, that he shall let her be redeemed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I shall have no right to sell her. Yeah, So that's selling. That is literally selling a daughter into slavery. Your Bible says that you can do it.
Speaker 11: Is it slavery or is it just.
Speaker 3: Being married slavery? It's the words that uses, if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. So not only can you sell your daughter into a slave, she's got a whole different set of rules that men do, and she can't go free like a like if you had sold your son. If you sell your son, and your son can go free if he's Jewish, but not your daughter, is that moral? Would my daughter be Jewish? Also? It's a yes or no question. It's a yes or no question. Is that moral? Is it moral to sell your daughter into slavery where she cannot be redeemed, she can't get out of it. That's called bearriage. No, slavery is what we're talking about.
Speaker 11: Slavery is what you're talking about. We're talking about marriage. That's what you first know.
Speaker 3: I'm literally, I'm reading to you what the Bible verse literally is it says, quote, if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. Oh yeah, that's not marriage, that's slavery.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that is slavery.
Speaker 3: But she is good, she is getting fucked.
Speaker 11: He's getting what somebody is getting banged, somebody's tucking her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what slavery is.
Speaker 4: She has no choice, you know what we creat Yeah, that's slavery and rape. Your your Your morals are bat in a thousand here, aren't they?
Speaker 3: You want to continue on her when you're agree that the Bible.
Speaker 4: Is a horrible place to get morals from, and that we are more moral as a modern society, that things, all forms of slavery are bad things, all forms of rape are bad.
Speaker 3: Is better than anything your Bible will produce? Or do you want them to keep kicking you out on this one?
Speaker 11: You're saying that, So you're saying that my Bible says that slavery and rape is okay.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I just read you the exact verse. It says that slavery and slavery of women.
Speaker 3: I got more slavery verses that will show you that chattel slavery is absolutely okay by your Bible.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, well, sot me, Courtney, Courtney, do you recall Well, hold on, so, Courtney, do you remember, do you recall the story of Jacob before he got.
Speaker 2: Renamed into Israel?
Speaker 1: Enlightened me Okay, So Jacob is strolling through uh you know the area at that time, and you know, he basically passes I forget what is what his name is, uh, the father's house, right, and and of course he sees the uh probably seven year old girl and then.
Speaker 2: A fourteen year old girl right.
Speaker 1: And he sees them and he's like, hey, I want to purchase that older girl right there.
Speaker 2: I believe that would have been Leah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So the father was like, okay, you can work for seven years to purchase my daughter. And then, you know, he works for seven years and then the father actually gives him the younger daughter and he doesn't realize it until the morning after he rapes her and is married to her, and so he has to work for another seven years in order to buy the other daughter. Now, do you see this as as him selling his daughters to a man, And do you think that there is any situation or there there's any indication in the text that the girl's consent was ever considered.
Speaker 3: If I was.
Speaker 11: In that situation, is that when you're asking no, no.
Speaker 1: No, I'm asking you if God's text the the the man that God chose to base his hold hold on, hold on Courtney. I'm asking you if if the god that wrote the Bible chose the man to base his entire special group of people off of bought his two wives who came with two concubines, right, did did he buy them or did he uh, you know, ask their consent and marry them?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 11: The Bible is something that is something that I understand why you don't understand it? Back then men were men and they used to cut up.
Speaker 3: Well, you're okay with slavery, You're okay. You're saying that slavery and rape are okay, you're okay with those? Yes, Yes, it is, yes, because the Bible that we're giving you black letter word for words, straight from the Bible, and you're agreeing with it.
Speaker 8: Giving they're trying to that's what you say.
Speaker 3: They're trying to. They don't believe in Jesus.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and even the Old and even the Old Testament, some.
Speaker 8: Of these things that they're bringing up.
Speaker 3: I don't mind them. I really you don't mind being able to sell your daughter into slavery so she can get raimed.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Ye, And you're going to try and claim that your morals are better than ours. We're not talking about marriage. There's no word marriage and Exodus twenty one seven through eleven. Look it up yourself. I'm sure you've got a Bible right there next to you. Flip it open, read it. Do you have children? It doesn't matter. I would never ever sell my daughter. I would never ever obey this particular quote from the Bible. Ever you and no, I would not. I do not want, nor do I would I need any type of dowry for her.
Speaker 4: That's just selling her into that's still selling her into slavery.
Speaker 3: So you have no, I don't have children, it's irrelevant. Yeah, the Bible says if a man sells his daughter, sells his daughter to be a female slave. That's what you're dream kill. You're saying, is that's okay?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: Modern day Oh no, modern day slavery is fucking chains and whips and all.
Speaker 3: You want to You want to go there, we can go there. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I was yeah, I was just going to say that that you're you're making courtney. Are you listening to us at all? Or are you having a conversation with your wife?
Speaker 5: Oh no, you're a speaker.
Speaker 10: I can hear you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I understand that. I was just making if I was going to be talking. I just wanted I wanted him to be like, sorry, I'm not sure how to respond.
Speaker 2: To you, because are you a he or a she? Or are they? Like I'm not sure?
Speaker 11: Oh no, oh no no, no, no, no, no no. We're not going for a liberal babble.
Speaker 9: For liberal.
Speaker 12: Like.
Speaker 1: For one thing, ma'am, I am not a liberal. I'm a leftist for one. For two, I just want to actually be able to refer to him accurately. Otherwise, I'm just gonna go with whatever my intuition gives me, and I'm gonna call uh Courtney as she and whoever you are he.
Speaker 13: Oh, that's fine, you can call him a she, but I know.
Speaker 3: He has a dick.
Speaker 1: Okay, that doesn't actually distinguish the fact.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, let's let's go back to the Bible. Let's open our bibles. Grab your Bible and please open it. Tax it is twenty one versus twenty through twenty one, And.
Speaker 3: Let us read. If a man try his slave with a rod, and he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. Notwithstanding if he gets up after a day or two, he shall not be punished for he is his property, and that the word the Hebrew word for property.
Speaker 4: There actually is also the Hebrew word for silver, so you can also translate that as money.
Speaker 3: So what you just said, again, here we are with an atheist teaching you what's in your bible. You just said, slavery is whips and chains and beating slaves, And here we have the Bible saying you can do that, and you're okay with that. You're okay with slavery.
Speaker 8: Actually if it's you too, he said, especially.
Speaker 3: If it's us. Yeah, So you're okay with slavery. We got that. So you're a moral monster by today's standards. You are a moral monster. How does that? How does that make you feel?
Speaker 4: Knowing that you are an evil person by modern standards?
Speaker 3: Puns you guys both in fucking chains?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Will you do you normally think about putting two men in chains for your pleasure?
Speaker 11: It's for my advancement, not my pleasure, your advancement.
Speaker 2: Are you going to advance on me?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: But that sounds real crapy to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, also sound sounds sounds sounds a little gay.
Speaker 1: So now, Courtney, I'm wondering you say that you get your morals from the Bible.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me now.
Speaker 3: What we're quoting our game? Our game is quoting the Bible. You're the one threatening to put us in chains, So let's get it right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So let's continue opening our Bible, shall we? And continue on with the Bible lesson where can you get your slaves from? That is answered in Leviticus chapter twenty five, forty four through forty six. As for your male and your female slaves whom you may have, of the nations that.
Speaker 3: Are around you.
Speaker 4: From them, you may buy buy male and female slaves. So you're okay with buying slaves, You're okay with shattle slavery.
Speaker 3: You are a moral monster.
Speaker 2: Ping fifty points for jim My.
Speaker 13: God does not think I'm a monster. For one and two you are well.
Speaker 3: No, if you think you can buy your slaves whom you may have from the nations around you, and you think it's okay to beat them as long as they don't die within three days, then no, your Bible is not a moral monster. And that's also I said, by today's standards, where we have abolished slavery, we have abolished all forms of slavery, because slavery is evil and wrong. Guess what that makes you evil and wrong?
Speaker 9: You didn't abolish shit.
Speaker 3: You're just your intellect. Your IQ is just falling by the moment as I read you from your Bible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: We've read to you a few things that are Courtney, Can you actually establish, using your god given understanding of morality or your your divine command?
Speaker 2: Uh, that slavery is bad?
Speaker 5: Is that? Not where it came from?
Speaker 11: Is the Bible not where slavery is bad came from?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: You can you?
Speaker 1: But can you give me book, chapter verse of where it says that slavery is bad in the Bible?
Speaker 3: Nope? You can't.
Speaker 2: No, I mean because it's not there.
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering if you have it, maybe I missed it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I'm giving you chapter and verse. Do us the same courtesy of giving us chapter in verse.
Speaker 11: I'm not getting all my.
Speaker 3: You can't give us chapter and verse because we studied the Bible. You, that's why we know there's ships in here the Bible.
Speaker 9: I'll look it up.
Speaker 15: I'll look it up.
Speaker 13: I'll look it up.
Speaker 11: Where you want to study the Bible?
Speaker 3: Nope, study the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jim, do you want to put money down on if they bring up Galatians three twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, that we'll try and bring up Galatians for twenty nine. That's not going to work for them.
Speaker 3: There's nothing in the New Testament that works for them, because we'll just bring up the fact that Paul converts a slave to Christianity and sends that slave back to his master as a slave. Paul is perfectly okay.
Speaker 4: Slavery was perfectly fine at the time that the Bible was written, and was for quite some time after as well. And you just can't get around that this is just and these these laws aren't even unique to the Bible. They're just the standard laws that existed in the Levant at this time. So you know, in the Middle East, they're not even newer, new or unique.
Speaker 8: They're unique to the Bible.
Speaker 9: They're they're not.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: You know there there Eleron.
Speaker 1: You know that there are other cultures outside of Judaism and Christianity in the ancient Near East, Right, I.
Speaker 11: Think Judaism was the only ones that actually supported no.
Speaker 13: Accident twenty one sixteen. Anyone who kidnapped another and sells him must be put to death.
Speaker 3: You are correct, very good, and we know about that one. Guess what you have a problem with I've already read, so you can't. Yes, slavers are a bad thing, and slavers are outlawed by the Bible. The problem is.
Speaker 10: That Exodus twenty one seven through eleven, if a man sells his daughter to be a female slaves, that that's not a slaver doing that, that's a dad doing that. And then you it also specifically said, as I've already said, and you apparently forgot Leviticus twenty five forty four through forty six, as for your male and female slaves whom you may have, of the nations that are around you. From them, you may buy male and female slaves. So no, you're not buying them from slavers, You're buying them from other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I would like to point out that that particular section, if you actually do the exe Jesus on it, it's actually talking about kidnapping your fellow Israelite and selling them into slavery.
Speaker 2: It is not.
Speaker 1: It is not talking about the foreigners from which you may purchase slaves. The foreigners from which you may purchase slaves. They could have been kidnapped they I mean, the Israelites really don't care about what happens in other countries. But also there's prisoners of war. Do you think the prisoners of war should be able to be sold into slavery?
Speaker 13: The Bible has to say that's what I'm seeing. No, let me think I just studied loved guests like I just got done good. Exactly what Bendicotte I'm talking. I know exactly what Leviticu.
Speaker 5: I know what it says. Now.
Speaker 3: Would I sell my daughter?
Speaker 13: My daughter's twenty one, And let me tell you what, if I sold her, I'd sell her to a rich ass.
Speaker 5: Man, because then she'd be living high.
Speaker 3: You can't sell her, ma'am. You have no rights to do anything except what your husband tells you.
Speaker 1: Courtney Courty's Courty's wife just said she'd sell her daughter to Jeffrey Epstein. Like, that's just crazy shit right now? Would I sell my daughter to Jeffrey Epstein? The fucking course I would. I'd get a pretty penny for that.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe that in twenty twenty six people are saying they would sell their daughters into slavery.
Speaker 3: It just makes no sense to me.
Speaker 1: You know what does no no, When you factor in there from Florida, that actually makes a whole lot of sense right there.
Speaker 4: Oh well, yeah, we can't speak much we're from We're in Alabama, so.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean yeah, I mean I totally expect somebody here in Alabama to be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally sell my daughter into slavery.
Speaker 1: Like Soll Courtney, it seems to me like us as atheists have a better handle on what is and is not moral, and you seem to be hanging your hat on God and it just seems to get you into a weird predicament where you're selling your daughter to Jeffrey Epstein, who has the better moral foundation.
Speaker 13: Again, never want should I say I would sell my daughter Jeffrey Epstein was Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Was Jeffrey Epstein Rich go jumping a fucking rapist.
Speaker 13: That's exactly what you get from fucking liberal jackasses that got no fucking.
Speaker 3: Ball to their own and they got Okay, so let's get off slavery for a minute and let me ask you. Do you guys work on Sunday?
Speaker 13: Conservative?
Speaker 16: Do you do you work on Sundays? Do you work on Sundays? Do you work on Sundays. I get her word, he say, Now she's a.
Speaker 1: Christian conservati you and know if she's a Christian Conservative, she doesn't work their gym.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm sorry, I know you don't work. You only exist to be a sexual plaything for your husband.
Speaker 4: So, hubby, do you work on Sundays?
Speaker 13: Tonight?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's that's not really the answer to the question I was looking for.
Speaker 3: Do you work on Sundays?
Speaker 13: Your boyfriend, do.
Speaker 3: You work on Sundays?
Speaker 13: Well, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Do you work on Sundays?
Speaker 13: Absolutely? Do not work on Sundays? Really, Holy Day on the seventh day?
Speaker 3: Right, so you've never worked on some.
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 13: Hold on, Courtney's wife did tell you I will defend my God against you any day of the week.
Speaker 11: I don't care.
Speaker 3: You're doing a horrible job of it. You're agreeing that your God is evil.
Speaker 1: Guess what, Courtney Courtney's wife, Courtney Courtney's wife. What can I call you Courtney's wife? What can I call you other than Courtney's wife? Because I don't like labeling women by being owned by their husband. Rachel, Rat, Rachel, Hi, Rachel. I'm wondering, do you do you guys like to like go out to restaurants or something like that, like a good after church meal.
Speaker 5: No, we don't we cook, okay, do you like?
Speaker 2: Do you do you cook food on Sundays?
Speaker 17: Right now?
Speaker 13: We like food on Sundays. But according to the Old Testament, you're not supposed to eat on Sundays and you're not supposed to eat on leavened bread.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you don't do either of those things.
Speaker 13: Everybody eats on Sunday. When Jesus died on the cross, all of that was washed away for one and two.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, hold.
Speaker 1: On, Rachel, Rachel, can you you've got a Bible there, don't you?
Speaker 3: I do we go to teach in the Bible again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rachel, I want you to. Can you turn in your Bible to Matthew five?
Speaker 2: Rachel? Can you turn in your Bible to Matthew five.
Speaker 3: In front of me?
Speaker 2: Okay? That's fine?
Speaker 11: A meat though it looks wis oh Alice is my song?
Speaker 1: And I sell him to a hearty Well, gee, are they talking about selling people now?
Speaker 2: Like this is crazy?
Speaker 4: They're talking about there, They're they're back to to they're okay with selling people into slavery.
Speaker 3: Matthew five.
Speaker 2: Right, yep, Matthew five.
Speaker 1: Now I want you to go down to verse seventeen in Matthew five.
Speaker 13: I don't like your cockiness, sir. Where are you?
Speaker 3: We know the Bible better than you.
Speaker 4: We're running the atheists are teaching you what's in your Bible, and we're also pointing out what's evil and wrong about it, and you're just going, yeah, we're okay with it because it's in the Bible, because you have no thinking power of your own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, Look, tell John tell us about Matthew seventeen through what is it nineteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah, Well, I was letting Rachel read it.
Speaker 1: Rachel, could you read to us, please, verse seventeen and eighteen.
Speaker 13: Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophet.
Speaker 3: I am not.
Speaker 13: Come to destroy, but to fulfill for their le that that death barely. I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass one jot or one little shall in no wise pass from the law, will all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men, so he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Speaker 3: But who, yes, ever ye you've got to meet of it. So what is in a tittle?
Speaker 13: I don't know. I haven't studied Matthew yet. Why don't you, Why don't you fill me in? Fill my brain?
Speaker 4: Because you know what a stroke basically a stroke of the pat, not a single stroke of the pat, not a a tea will go on across that, I will go, will go undotted is basically what they're saying.
Speaker 3: It is you can't change even a stroke of the of the Old Testament.
Speaker 4: So you just said that these laws aren't it existens anymore because of some new covenant.
Speaker 3: And yet it.
Speaker 13: Doesn't say anything about the Old Testament. It says the commandments, which there what.
Speaker 5: Do you think? No?
Speaker 13: Do you know your tests?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not the ten Commandments. It's God's commandments, all six hundred and thirteen of them.
Speaker 13: And when Jesus came, all of that was washed away.
Speaker 3: Matthew seventeen through nineteen disagrees with you?
Speaker 13: Not okay, you don't have to agree with me, because I'm honestly, I really care.
Speaker 2: You're not Rachel.
Speaker 3: Y'all called us.
Speaker 13: I'm starting to understand that you guys. All you guys care about is taking Christian conservatives and bashing the hell out of them. No, and when they won't bowed down and.
Speaker 11: Agree with you.
Speaker 1: No, no, Rachel, Rachel throwing Rachel right, Rachel, I need you to explain something to me real quick.
Speaker 2: Can you do that?
Speaker 13: I sure, why not? But you're just going to that other dude's going to just laugh at me, or he might be a girl, just laugh at me, and then you're going to throw another Bible.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I just need you to explain to me, like part of your thought process is that. Okay, all right, that's fine. Okay, So you say that Jesus washed all of the commandments away, but then we just had you read Rae says, I've not come to abolish.
Speaker 13: The laws all of our sins. He washed all of our sins away. The Old Testament was abolished, the ten Commandment stay no, no, so the old hold on, Rachel, Rachel, you are the wall that follow the bar Bible hardcore.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So, Rachel and Courtney, I feel like maybe you guys need to look up some commentaries on these verses because y'all are just totally outside the realm of reasonable on these particular verses, especially with the fact that you say that the Old Testament was abolished when Jesus died on the cross because he washed away or sins or whatnot. So, but then you just read how Jesus said that he did not come to abolish the law. The law is the six hundred and thirteen Commandments as laid out in the Old Testament. So it can't be that he abolished the Old Testament but also kept the Old Testament. That is breaking the law of non contradiction, which is a basically law of logic there, So I think that maybe you need to get a handle on that. Also, next time you call in, fewer margaritas.
Speaker 3: Are we still alive on air?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is all your support of selling your children into slavery is on YouTube, and we'll be for as long as YouTube is around.
Speaker 11: Apparently we're alive on our course.
Speaker 3: Of course, children's shut it, not us. We were shocked. You said it's.
Speaker 2: Fucking six point fifteen in Florida right now, Guys, like, what the fuck you.
Speaker 11: Can't even afford by children?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not I've got I've got engineer money. I don't want to buy your children, but I have engineer money buddy. So anyways, Rachel and Courtney, I hope, I hope you you guys drink some water and drink and get some food to soak up that alcohol. But I think that we're going to move on to our next callers.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's all right, guys.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: How can we be attacking conservative conservative Christians when all is reading their Bible to them?
Speaker 1: Jim, listen, the Old Testament was abolished, but also it is not not abolished.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if they were like doing shots while they were on the air, but like they started off fine and then eventually got to the part where they were like, you know what, you can't afford my daughter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either they were drinking or they were so livid at being kicked around by their own Bible and taken to task by people who read and study the Bible. I mean, I have nowhere near your level, gee, but I do read to study it and I'm getting better at it.
Speaker 3: But alls we're doing is reading the Bible, guys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Please, we would love to see some super chats if anybody has had like experiences with you know, anybody that's trying to argue with them while inebriated. We'd love to hear some of those stories through superchats if if y'all can. Also, if you would like to ask us any questions about any of the things that we're talking about today, feel free to send in those super chats. We'd love to see them. We do have a healthy cue. So are you ready to get to the next one? There, Jim, Absolutely, let's do it all right. So we've got Glenn in Australia. Hey there, Glenn, how you doing today?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm a good man.
Speaker 6: Thanks, I was.
Speaker 8: Next to I'm sitting here at sixteighteen I am, and I'm freezing my ass up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the other side of the world where it's not winter. For those of you who don't know it's winter, I'm just heading medication.
Speaker 8: Oh take it now, take it later, take it now, take you later. Anyway, there's so two assholes that the report or let me tell you. I'll tell you what modern based slavery is. I spent ten years overseas and going into South America as well. Okay, you want to see modern based slavery?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, I know it exists.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 3: Multiple forms it exists, right right, Hey.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you one thing. From the Ukraine up through Hungry Romanian, second Slovakia, all their assholes then that the one container through there's a levy tie. I don't want to set your PPSP off there.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't have any I never made it into combat, so I was very fortunate don't have any.
Speaker 8: Well, I wasn't in a combat round myself, more like police officers. And let me tell you. There was a gunman there holding a dead I dated it dead for three weeks. And that's what modern fucking bassed baby is to those two assholes. You know, man, I'm sitting there picturing you. I said, yes, that's what you get for rib mother fuckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I I understand your frustration there, Glenn, But you said that your stepson said before he sorry, sorry to.
Speaker 5: Hang on.
Speaker 8: And real quick, that asshole doesn't know your ship about me. He's gonna I'm gonna get my tenderloine, tenderlines, underworks, muscle mos fucking flavor, learning your meat. Hell, get some fucking strip line. Okay, okay, we're right, but anyway, anyway, God, there's a reason why people want to believe in God. It's because they've gotten nothing.
Speaker 6: Else to hold for.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you probably need to call the Recovering from Religion Foundation to take care of that.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Or there's also Grief Beyond Belief. That's another organization out there too. There's several different secular organizations that can that can help with that kind of of issue.
Speaker 18: But I mean you said that, yeah, Well I meant is that religion was formed by men, so the people that.
Speaker 8: Had nothing could be able to grasp onto something to believe in. That's what I mean, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, just trying to process me you're saying here, I mean so, so, I mean I understand.
Speaker 2: I guess I could understand how that might be appealing.
Speaker 8: A lot of believers.
Speaker 3: Steps.
Speaker 8: So, see, months before he died, he died of been testing on pneumonia and he said to me, yeah, he said to He said to me, he goes, you know, I hadn't do any other night, and I was flying for his space and I went, oh man, he takes me must rings and what you and he goes, no, he goes, he's flying for his space and it got hard to break and then he goes, I end up past space.
Speaker 3: And I come to a room.
Speaker 8: And there was the foak sitting at the desk writing on a piece of paper, and he goes, oh, you have a right, and the rope turned around to give them the pen, and he goes, it was me. I'm to prinis writing this story.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, I don't I don't understand. Well, I don't understand why this should make you believe in God. Like these anecdotales, they don't.
Speaker 5: He.
Speaker 8: Per se is thought, but in us he's to continue out in the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so sorry, Glenn. I'm having trouble following like your story and how it relates to believing in God.
Speaker 8: I don't believe in.
Speaker 5: What what we saw.
Speaker 8: He didn't have believe in God. But the thing is the dream that he had he was his own being.
Speaker 2: Do you give me no, I'm not following. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like you're saying that that, Uh let me let me just take the story to you, just to make sure that I'm following here. You're trying to have a very he fluent outer space. He found the room, said, and in the room was one guy writing writing a story and saying that he was done.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he goes, Oh, your garage is now you'll turn into tennis writing sword.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how does that how does that relate to God?
Speaker 8: He he sort of said that he was strong himself, he was designed being is not gone. We write write in Indians.
Speaker 3: Okay. So what if if somebody had a dream just before they died and only it's Gandah, an Indian God? What does that have to do? Would that prove that exists?
Speaker 8: I would postbly say that is a matter of one of the dreams called bens.
Speaker 3: Oh. So if it's Gandash, it's a want a dream. But if it's the Christian God, it's not. But it wasn't.
Speaker 8: It wasn't, Dog, It was much that son sitting at the disk right in the boat.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: But you're saying they should make you believe in God, and I'm asking if we switch it for the Christian.
Speaker 3: God, does that make me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I actually believe more in the hind Dogs Christian gods.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so it should make us believe in God.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I'm not trying to stay believing dog.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like it's like I'm tryn't explain it. You know, it's from.
Speaker 2: Well hang on, So so if I'm.
Speaker 8: If I'm making peat, if I'm making tea, and I haven't been as scoring that top, and I got, oh, should I have to go scoring that?
Speaker 5: Come?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: South?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So, Glenn, I know that you've been hanging on for a while here, but I don't really see how we can have a very productive conversation over this, because like I kind of feel like you have such an amorphous sort of definition of God that you're defining God into this you know, undefinable thing that where it's it's both everything and nothing at the exact same time. So I mean, I like, unless you can make it less, you can unless you can make a coherent argument for how your anecdotal experience here actually proves that God exists.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that we can really continue.
Speaker 8: It's because it was actually put the two blurred said, well, I'm outsciting actually believes is the God?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: You the thing like you've seen the stories and stuff like.
Speaker 6: That, and you know, I like it's sort of it's question, you know.
Speaker 1: So So Glenn, I think that that we're probably going to move on because we do have a healthy cube of people. And I get that you were calling for truth Wanted and I I next, you know, if you really want to talk to the guys on Truth Wanted, I would definitely try to call in nearly immediately when the show starts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe it's probably around what like two two thirty pm Central?
Speaker 3: Say it's work, Yeah, is it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Truth Wanted?
Speaker 2: Ye, truth Wanted? Yeah, yeah, all over Central.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he does to two degrees similar ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, all right, well, hey Glenn, you have a great morning, uh, and the rest of your day in the future, and I will I will talk to you later.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was first bond and all this.
Speaker 2: Yep, I got you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, see lady Glenn. All right, interesting calls so far. Anecdotal stories always kind of like miss me, uh because there's like no way for us to actually prove anything there. But it also didn't sound like he had anything to prove. He was just wanting to sort of soapbox a little bit.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, what we are going to be heading directly through on these live on these calls, I do want to remind everybody that you can send in your super chats and you can interact with any of these calls. Put in your two calls, your two cents on any of these. We would love to hear from the audience on these, So definitely send in those. And trust me, I definitely don't hate Guy Fieri with a passion. So if you want to, you know, don't, just don't mention Guy Fieri in your.
Speaker 2: In your figure.
Speaker 1: It's like a red button thing, like, don't mention that anyways. Uh So we've got Marco, just one more thing.
Speaker 3: We will read your super chat so you can make it say all kinds of ridiculous things as long as it doesn't violate any of our rules, like we can't mention a living political figure things like that that would get us in trouble as a nonprofit organization. But if you want us to say ridiculous things like if you want to hear God bless engineers say he loves Guy Fieri, a big enough super chatt will gave him to do it.
Speaker 2: All right, So we got Marco calling in.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not one to talk about Guy Fieri, but is one to talk about God.
Speaker 2: What's up there, Marco? How you doing?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 5: Yes, I had to call in and I saw the title of your God is evil, and I just thought that was a most unbelievable title to ascribe to the to the God of the Bible. But as I was waiting to get on queue, I uh and do my little thing in there, which apparently have to do, I was cut off, and you didn't hear the tail end of the It wasn't even more. I was calling in about but the tail end of the conversation you're having with the lady there. I think you're a Matthew seventeen, and about the job title. And I just could not understand John and tittle. I could not understand how possibly that had anything to do with the God being evil? Like so what I wanted to just say all that I got the tail end of it. I caught, but I very clearly it's not a mystery if the Old Testament law, as Paul goes on to explain, was has been fulfilled and replaced by the grace and the law of Christ.
Speaker 1: Well so he Marco, Marco, Yeah, Marco, if I can ask when when I'm when you're out on the road and you stay within the speed limit, are you fulfilling that law?
Speaker 5: When I stayed within the speed limit? Am I fulfilling the law, yes, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, So does does that go away once you like you fulfill it and everybody else can treat it like the autubon.
Speaker 5: You have again you said the god of the Bible. I'm telling you very clearly, as Paul points so, there has been a change of the grace has replaced the six hundred and thirteen laws that were obeyed in the Old Testament. I mean, we can't get any more clear than that.
Speaker 1: Right, So, Marco, how do you know what sin is if it's not the six hundred and thirteen commandments of the Old Testament, which honestly you're you're you're arguing between Paul and Jesus. Jesus says that it doesn't go away, that it all applies, and so you're just you're pointing out an argument between Jesus and Paul.
Speaker 5: There, But no, because when I didn't, when I didn't, when I didn't shave this morning, I did not commit the breaking the law once O, when I shaved this morning, I didn't break the law that they would have broken if they did that. Okay, there's a whole rack.
Speaker 1: When you do shave, you do break the law and you probably deserve hell because you shaved.
Speaker 5: No, no again, Now don't understand. Here's the thing you ask them being within the limit, and where do we see where sin is? Now, go to Galatians and list all the sins of the flesh there. It's they're all listed there, so it's no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's specifically sins of the flesh, which is fine.
Speaker 3: But what what do we what?
Speaker 2: What can you define sin for me?
Speaker 5: Go to Galatians?
Speaker 2: Listen, can you define what sin is for me? Not tell me what it like? What what's the the enumerated like this is a sin? That is a sin? Just what is the the concept sin?
Speaker 5: What is it? I think we all know what sin is. It's breaking or not following the commandment of God.
Speaker 1: Okay, now where do we find the commands of God?
Speaker 5: We go and we go to the We're no longer in the Old Testament. We're in a New Testament. We're not arguing.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you follow the ten commandments?
Speaker 5: Yes, you follow the ten commandments, but not those.
Speaker 1: Are in the Old Testament. But Marco, those are Old Testament that you actually don't.
Speaker 5: And they're carried over, sir, into the New Testament and Paul addresses them.
Speaker 2: Where does it say that all of those are laws of.
Speaker 5: Following the rituals? The customs are in place anymore. This is not a mystery.
Speaker 1: So so where is that thing that hold on for the ten Commandments? You say it's only the ten Commandments. I don't see anywhere. Can you give me book chap reverse of where it specifically carves out the ten Commandments as being the super special ones.
Speaker 5: That's not what the issue was. You were saying that because of the fact that the John and Tittle he has fulfilled, but it's been replaced by.
Speaker 2: Their So do you have your Bible?
Speaker 5: I don't, but I have my phone. Go ahead, Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: So sorry, I was just gonna I was going to read it to you.
Speaker 1: It's Matthew matth It's mattheween.
Speaker 3: Through nineteen, Matthew five or seventeen through nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, five, seventeen, nineteen, okay, yeah, So in that it specifically has a couple of eschatological statements in it, namely that heaven and Earth will pass away, right and then until all is accomplished. Now, Jesus hasn't actually accomplished everything that he says that he was going to right, because the accomplishing everything comes at in his second coming, right, because Jesus still has to come.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 5: Well, there's still an accomplishment that's going to be done to the millennium kingdom. Yes, that's correct. However, just to your point, okay, what you're asked, let me ask your question for you. In Galatians three, what Paul is saying is that the Old Testament law was like a guardian or tutor, and it's completely a temporary system that is in place until Christ arrived. Now Christ has come, we're no longership. We're justified by faith. That's a difference.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, who should we take as the better source of authority, Jesus Christ or Paul.
Speaker 5: Paul had the encounter.
Speaker 3: It's not an answer to the question, which which do we are you saying that we take we should take Paul's word over Jesus's words as.
Speaker 5: The authority mistaken. No, all, I'm trying to point out, as you're mistaken. They're not arguing. There's nothing in conflict there. Paul has gone off and explain that with Christ we are a new Yes, but.
Speaker 3: That's not what Jesus says. That's not what Jesus says. Literally, Jesus, Paul is in conflict with what Jesus says, and you can't make it knock because it's very very simple language.
Speaker 1: Like we get so, Mark, we can ask you a very simple question. Mark, we can ask you a very simple question. Here, has heaven and earth passed away?
Speaker 5: Heaven and earth has not passed away yet, and that will be at the end of the right.
Speaker 1: So heaven and earth has not passed away. So it seems according to Jesus himself in Matthew five seventeen to nineteen, that not a single job, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the law, and then the until everything is accomplished is eschatological. This is a consensus among a Hebrew Bible or not sorry, not Hebrew Bible, but New Testament scholars that that's an eschatological statement about the second coming of Jesus. So Jesus here is laying out that the that the Old Testament law is not going to disappear, that he did come to fulfill it, but he fulfilled it through like so that you can have salvation. So the only difference that's being pointed out here is that you no longer have to like stay in shield. Right, you can go on ahead and go to heaven because He's provided you that salvation. That's the difference. Here's the that's a difference being made, not a difference.
Speaker 5: Serve guys, you're misunderstanding. And the Old Testament God has said I will give you a new covenant, is already talking about a new covenant in the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: No, no, yes, yes, so so. But but but you're missing what the new covenant is. Sorry for I keep interrupting, But the new the new Covenant is not like changing all of the things that are that God considers the sin. The new Covenant is a way to attain salvation. Right, So Jesus provides that new covenant by being that that sacrifice on the cross, so that all you need to do is believe in him. That's true, But that doesn't change the fact that the that the Old Testament commandments are still in effect. Those are the things that God considers to be sin.
Speaker 5: What you're missing here is that he doesn't consider it to be sin anymore. If you don't follow the you must shave, you must not put the statoo on your arm or whatever. Not what what does Jesus say that what you're completely missing is this is that we're just by. For example, when let me get I'll just tell you here with it, just just immute to the second if I can tell you. So, Paul summarizes what Jesus summarized in Galatians life. He basically says that in a single command, love your name as yourself, fulfill everything. And Jesus said to him, he said, what is the law of the prophets? What can it all be summarized? And Jesus said, love your neighbor as yourself, Love your God with all your heart. He's basically saying within that everything from the Old testamentause you can be summarized.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's not what it means. So so I let you talk.
Speaker 1: I let you talk there, Marco. So Marco, the the love your God with all your heart. Now it would it be very loving, like showing love to your God if you disobeyed, like the only set of commandments that He's given you.
Speaker 5: Again, that's not what you were saying earlier. You were saying that it was something to do with the fact that God is evil. And then you went to Matthew seventeen I'm just trying to tell you that, and you're not listening to this. What I'm trying to tell you is that, oh.
Speaker 4: You didn't fall, you didn't follow the conversation. Sorry, so the conversation just to bring you up today because he said you missed something, and I think this is kind of where where you and Ge are miscommunicating. So they eventually, when we got to finished, you know, kicking their teeth in with the Bible versus about slavery, they finally said, well, the Bibles, that's the Old Testament, not the Day Testament. So they changed the subject to Old Testament versus Due Testament, which is when Ge.
Speaker 3: Hit him in the face with Matthew seventeen through nineteen, which is still kicking you in the face because it's Jesus saying that, and you're still trying to say that Paul changes what Jesus said. Jesus is really really clear about what he says here.
Speaker 5: No, Jesus himself said the entire law the profits can be summarized with the love of your neighbor as yourself.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: It all translates into that, Well, Paul is saying, what.
Speaker 3: Does Jesus being by What does Jesus mean by neighbor?
Speaker 5: That was a question asked of him. He said, who is my neighbor? And he gave the parable of the Good Samaritan. That's your neighbor right there.
Speaker 3: So if you're supparsed to love your neighbor and your neighbor is equivalent of the good Samaritan, why does God also say that you can buy your slaves from the nations around you. That doesn't sound very loving. And then he says you can beat them, so you're beating foreigners. No, no, how does Jesus get away with saying that that love your neighbor as yourself is the summary of the Old Testament?
Speaker 5: Okay, First of all, slave in the Old Testament was not something that God condoned or place in the world. He tolerated it like you tolerate a worse and a lot of other things, and that lived back.
Speaker 3: Then do you want to bet?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Then? Do you want to bet?
Speaker 4: So let's turn, let's open our bibles once again to live at a guess twenty five forty four forty six.
Speaker 3: As for your male and your female slaves whom you who may have exactly in a world he can slavery, condone slavery.
Speaker 5: He didn't condonateside slavery.
Speaker 3: He said, you can have slaves.
Speaker 5: May I just speak for thirty seconds. He gave them rules to live by in a world that was way different and a world that had slavery it was going to be in place. He gave them such strict rules up and including to the point where the slave master could be put to death if he had done something. It was rules that the other nations will look.
Speaker 3: Do you want that one? You want that chap and verse? Because I have it up to it's as long as that slave doesn't diets in three days now.
Speaker 5: The point I'm telling you is that in the Old Testament, slavery was a reality. He didn't institute a God did not create it. He tolerated. He gave them a set of rules that you were to follow when you're going to do it, you slaves, make it a master serve relationship, what have you? And it wasn't marketing. Treat love your neighbor as yourself. Obviously, you're not going to mistreat somebody to commandments love your neighbor as yourself. You're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Marco, can you help me understand something. Sure, go ahead, Okay, So I get that you're you're trying to play at this apologetic of of God was simply thought, I'm trying to give you guys slavery truth. Go ahead, okay.
Speaker 1: So no, I I understand you're trying to give us your what you think is the truth, and you're but this is a common apologetic that God tolerated it. But I just want to explain from my perspective, and maybe you can explain to me like where I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Possibly right.
Speaker 1: Uh, So this is my perspective whenever the God just tolerated slavery comes up. It's my understanding that the Christian God is defined by being omnipotent, omni benevolent, and omniscient, meaning that he knows that slavery is bad. He's omnipotent, so he has the power to change that, and he's omniscient. Uh let's see, omniscient, omnipotent, omni benevolent. So God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. Right, So those are the three things that kind of define God in that particular aspect. So when we turnal, I'm sorry what he is, We're not. No, No, I get that's what I was describing. I was describing God. There, I was describing God. So that that's how God has described Now, when you tell me that God was merely tolerating slavery because that's just something that he couldn't affect, it seems like, you know, he made the choice to tolerate it because he had the ability to stop it. He's omnipotent, meaning that he had He's all powerful, so he could definitely stop it. But also he issues a number of very arbitrary commands in the six hundred and thirteen Commandments that are merely there just for his own personal whim, just.
Speaker 2: Because he likes it.
Speaker 1: Like there's we talked about the whole shaving of the face earlier, you know, cutting your beard, cutting your hair. There's also having guard railings on top of your house, don't eat shrimp, don't wear mixed fabrics. All of these things are like small, minor arbitrary things that God requires. And you're trying to tell me that God would rather stroke his own ego for the first three commandments and his in his giant commandment list. The ones that survive to the New Testament that you yourself agreed are the ten commandments to follow are the only commandments to follow because you think that Jesus and Paul are on the same page with that. You're trying to tell me that one of the first three commandments that he issues couldn't have been don't own slaves. That's just out of his wheelhouse when he has don't wear mixed fabrics, don't have delicious seafood like you're telling me that that's just out of God's ability.
Speaker 5: No, because slavery in itself back then, like a master serve relationship. The slaves was dependent on the master. Both of them needed to survive. They have to produce.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, not dependent owns. They were owned. They were owned by the master.
Speaker 1: Yes, but not just dependent. Children are dependent hold on marco. Children are dependent. Slaves are owned as property.
Speaker 5: In a world that had slavery back then, he tolerated it like he tolerated divorce until Jesus came and said no more divorce. Guys trying to judge THESS.
Speaker 2: So God is not omni.
Speaker 5: He is and he also didn't come down when Ted Bunny was great emergency.
Speaker 3: If he's not, If he's why can't why can't he make rules? Has done own people free will to take what's in your mind? Why is it?
Speaker 4: Why is it okay for your God to tell people to not eat shellfish, but he can't tell them not to own people.
Speaker 5: What I was just telling you the guy was he asked me about his omnipotence, and the fact is that in the free will world, he's not going to exercise that where he's going to restrict us. For no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: Free will doesn't get you out of the omnipotent problem, doesn't get you out of the problem of evil at all.
Speaker 3: So let me explain to you why free will doesn't get you out of this. Right. So, God, being omnipotent, could anytime evil is about to happen to somebody, however you care to define it, they automatically get teleported to a saferim where no evil can happen to them. God could have done that, and his omnipotence, God could have created a world will where that happened. He failed to do so.
Speaker 5: The thing I wanted to give the example, if I can just talk for thirty seconds, is, for example, when Ted Bunny is going to go and commit his horrible murders, that God doesn't come out of the sky and say some aunted No no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: No, definitely no, that's what we're talking about. Yeah, we agree God should do that if he, if he was moral.
Speaker 5: Here's the classic dilemma that no, no, here's so, look, I can actually respond to your when he can. I just you've been can I just for thirty seconds? If I can just say something, you're God will not come Now what was I going to say here? Because you keep interrupting, I don't have a chance to make the point over here. So the thing that you're going, uh, no you don't because I haven't made the point and I just lost my train of thought now because it's just so many interruptions.
Speaker 4: So your point is that let me let me give you your point because I know what it is, because I've been doing this for a really long time and your argument is nothing new. Okay, And you're going to say that Ted Bundy, God will not come out of the sky and tell God tell Ted Bundy to stop doing that so to not go kill people. And God's not going to do that because here's texts pretty well.
Speaker 5: No, no, here's the here's the point I want to make, and one of the atheist dilemmas that you have is this God is tolerant and he allows things to go on. And then you say, why does he lets this to go on?
Speaker 3: Why does he?
Speaker 5: And then when he does judge and it's time for judgment and he and he renders the judgment, then you're like, oh my gosh, what a terrible God. How could he judge this? How could he do this? So on the one hand, he doesn't judge, he's bad. On the other hand, when he does judge and it's time to judge, he's bad. So they can't be any of.
Speaker 2: Marco, let me, can I make it? I understand? I No, right, Marco, you made explain it's a numb one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, can I can I explain that that the judgment park where we're.
Speaker 2: Critical of God for the judgment.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So the critical part when it comes to the judgment of God is when he unnecessarily applies judgment to a certain demographic.
Speaker 2: So like I'm thinking, of course, first Amuel fifteen one through three.
Speaker 1: But you know we've already mentioned that one. We could go to numbers thirty one, seventeen to eighteen.
Speaker 2: Have you ever read that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I read the whole Bible. I'm sure you. Why don't you I don't know what off I have? Why don't you start to say it? I all know exactly where it is or what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Ahead right so here, I don't. I don't have it pulled up, but I can pull it up really quick for you. It's numbers thirty one, seventeen to eighteen. Now, I know that a lot of times people want to hear context, so I'll give you the context. Essentially, the Israelites were race mixing with another group of people, and God didn't like that, and so God punished the Israelites with some kind of sexual thing like.
Speaker 2: A disease or something like that.
Speaker 1: And then later on God was still not happy enough happy with the outcome, so he has the Israelites, led by Moses, go into the Midianites group of people and utterly destroy them, right, And it gets to the point where, like they don't utterly destroy everything in there. So Moses gets mad because that's not what God asked for. He asked for utter destruction, and so, further clarifying what God meant, Moses says, so, now kill all the boys as well as every woman, who has known a man. But spare for yourselves every little girl who has not known a man. Right, And God goes through painstaking detail of up these thirty two thousand girls that are taken to either become wives against their will, to either become wives against their will, or to become future wives still against their will, because they didn't ask for consent. And so when we talk about applying this judgment or we criticize God for applying judgment, we're not talking about the general war that happens between groups of people at this time. Anthropologically, we can explain those things, but what we're talking about in these verses is very specifically, like why did God need all of the little boys killed, like stabbed in the face, and then also every woman stabbed in the face.
Speaker 2: You know, that kind of makes it sound like God is saying.
Speaker 1: That women after they have known a man, after they've slept with a man, are you know, just worthless. They're worthless pieces of rags or I believe it's chewed gum, is what some pastors say. And then the little boys, I mean, I can't imagine why you would go and stab little boys face. And then he talks about sex trafficking on a level that's far past Jeffrey Epstein in this situation.
Speaker 5: So hold on, I mean my response because you made your point about it. Can I just so you're talking about the verses in the Old Testament where he goes and destroy everybody, kill the babies and so on. So for that that what you're talking about for starters, and then the women that are left over here are to be wives. Okay, So first of all, if I could just.
Speaker 1: Read women little girls, hold on, hod just so that you're you understand they're little girls. So it's it's prepebescent and just after puberty.
Speaker 5: No, no, you're giving him marriage to thirteen fourteen, fifteen sixty, back then.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was.
Speaker 5: But the point is this. The point is first of all to do with the killing of everything. First of all, I'm gonna ask you a question, are you God? No? Am I God? No? Can you?
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you asked the question and then answered for me, because you don't know me.
Speaker 2: I could be God.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you'd be a lunatic in most institutions.
Speaker 3: Is how do you know why?
Speaker 5: On second institution?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't I don't want to get off on that okay, most I agree.
Speaker 5: I am not your guy, okay, okay, so okay, So therefore you cannot since you didn't create it. You can kill something if you want to, or raise it back up again. That's the first thing.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a disgusting line of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are defending selling bore, putting prefabescent girls only out of a population into sex slavery. That's what you're defending.
Speaker 5: If I could just just one second of here, So he kills all of the males and all the leney she does, and the reason is is because it would be a bloodsuity will continue to go on to the next generation.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, one clarifying note, he commands that the Israelites do the killing. So essentially it would be as if God were commanding you to stab a baby in the face. So Marco, if God came down and told you that you needed to stab a baby in the face, would you do it?
Speaker 5: Goes down into shield. He preaches the Gospel, all the Old Testament people there, including I don't think, and he leads captivity cap thinks.
Speaker 3: Question again. He's preaching the Bible down again. He's not wanting answer to questions. Are you answer the questions question.
Speaker 5: But I just did. I said God can take life, he can also resurrect life.
Speaker 2: Marco, do you know what question I asked you?
Speaker 5: I first we set up killing the boys, then we went to the to the girl. So once those girls.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, you were you were talking, you were allowing attention to me My question.
Speaker 5: Marke wives market mark given in wedlock to the youth.
Speaker 1: Okay, You're just you're You're not even respecting the fact that I'm trying to talk and ask you a question.
Speaker 2: So I've muted you.
Speaker 1: Marca, all right, now My question is if you if God unequivocally came to you right now stood in. Let's say you're in your living room.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's say Jesus himself comes down as God as yahweh.
Speaker 1: However, you consider him and you unequivocally know that it's Jesus slash God, and he tells you, I want you to go next door and unlive everybody in that house, including the little baby boy that's there. I want you to stab that little baby boy in the face, and I want you to stab his mom in the face, and the dad I want you to kill, and then I want you to take that pewbstent thirteen year old child into your home so that you can then marry her later. If God came down and told you that, would you actually go and do that without questioning God. I'm gonna unmute you now so that you can answer. But I want you to answer that question, and.
Speaker 5: He creates the rock thing. Hello, what?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: You cut me off?
Speaker 9: Did you?
Speaker 5: Did you you hang up on me?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: No, No, you were muted and I was asking you a question. Did you hear the question or were you talking the entire time?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I heard the question. I want can you very sparsely hear Okay, that's one way to sell it. What's the answer to my question? The answer to your question? Is it like asking a question can create a rock? That's every m The question is completely irrelevant. It's completely irrelevant. We're talking about I don't.
Speaker 1: Know if I'm asking you if God asked you to stab a baby in the face, would you do it?
Speaker 2: That's my question.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't ask me to do that. That we're no longer living under the possibility of feuding with our clients next door where there's going to be a blood.
Speaker 3: He asked Abraham to do that very thing.
Speaker 4: Andy's daughter was also sacrificed as well.
Speaker 3: So don't say he wouldn't do that, because he's done it twice.
Speaker 5: No talking about I'm not going to get a God's not going to visit me telling me to go stab somebody in the face.
Speaker 2: Oh do you know do you know the mind of God?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 17: I do.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's weird because the Bible says that nobody knows the mind of God. So which one's right? You were the Bible?
Speaker 5: Well, when you say the mind of God, I go to Scripture to get the mind of God. That's what I mean. So we can answer anything.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: But you have to understand I go to Scripture and I see that the mind of God is it's definitely in his willhouse to ask people to stab babies in the face and to rate fourteen year old children.
Speaker 5: So and like, here's the thing, here's the thing. They're now in heaven because Jesus went and preached all the captives of the Old Testament.
Speaker 3: He lets you keep making it worse. He just keep making it worse. Don't You're you're.
Speaker 4: Still defending God des sending pre pubescent girls into sexual slavery.
Speaker 2: They're not being heaven jlavery.
Speaker 5: They're not going to sexual slavery.
Speaker 3: Yes they are, that's what slavery is. They can't they can't deny their mastery, the use of their bodies.
Speaker 5: But who's talking about sexual slavery. They're given to as wives.
Speaker 3: There's no as slaves. We've already covered this. There's no such word. There's no language in there versus for wife. They are given as slaves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's literally no word in the Hebrew language for wife.
Speaker 5: And given as wives. You see, you're given as wife so God can take life.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, but but if you're so, hold on, Marco, I'm just wondering, do you have a functional understanding of consent?
Speaker 5: Yes, of course, I have a conceptual understanding of consent.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but but okay, okay, I'm glad that you think you do.
Speaker 1: But when we talk about slaves like the girls, and in number thirty one, the girls have their family slaughtered in front of them, and they are taken by an invading force and they are divvied up amongst the Israelite men to be made into wives, do you see that as a violation of consent.
Speaker 5: No, you're going to be given into.
Speaker 2: That's fucking scary mark.
Speaker 5: As a single a woman, it's not like a woman of the eighties and independent woman. You can't survive without a husband. Back then, you don't.
Speaker 2: So it's okay to rape women. You need sons or you need to have to rape women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's once again defending slavery and into the wives.
Speaker 5: They're going to be No, there's certain rules you're going to have to respect, how you treat them. They're going to be provided for.
Speaker 3: They're not changed the fact they cannot say no to sacks. It does not change the fact they cannot say no to being married. That's the definition of a slave.
Speaker 5: World was married, everybody exactly. You're married back then, so answervive without being married. So outside of marriage, you can't survive. It just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: You need Okay, I'm glad that you're bringing this up there, Marco, because can I can I read some scripture to you?
Speaker 5: Well, go ahead, sure, okay, so but wait, wait, wait, you didn't answer my question. First, you didn't ask my question, if God, what was your create? Does he have the ability to take life? And he can also resurrect it again. If he can do that and you can't.
Speaker 3: All right, that has nothing to do.
Speaker 4: With more, has nothing to do with our conversation, nothing to do with our conversation.
Speaker 5: If he can take life, no.
Speaker 2: Hold on market.
Speaker 1: Let me answer your question, I feel Let me let me see if I totally understand your question.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: You're saying that is it okay for God to take life.
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Because I have the ability to take life, Jim has the ability to take life. We all have the ability to end somebody's life. So God is not special in that respect.
Speaker 2: But you're saying that God, you resurrect that.
Speaker 5: Maybe you believe that you are God, like you said earlier, maybe you do have some sort of mental deficiency.
Speaker 3: It has to do with the moral points for making or or it has only do with the moral points for.
Speaker 5: Making that point is made. You won't answer my question. You just said I can take life like God.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying to clarify. I'm trying to clarify the question mark so I can answer you. I'm sorry, I'm hitting a little bit hard.
Speaker 5: Can you resurrect that life?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 5: Can you resurrect that life? Tell me? No?
Speaker 2: No, Well, well, I mean maybe possibly, depending.
Speaker 5: Going on for generation to generation. I handed it right there and there can you Now.
Speaker 4: He's he's on stuff that is completely irrelevant to the question of morals. Whether we could take a resurrect life doesn't mean anything, and he's basically saying we're all close of God, and God can trude us however you want.
Speaker 5: You are God, you take life. Can you resurrect life? Do you want to answer my question? Because he knows?
Speaker 1: No, No, No, I'm trying, Marco, got Jesus fucking Christ, Marco, I'm trying to answer your goddamn question, but you won't fucking shut up enough for me to ask the clarifying question so that you can give me Mark Marco, your.
Speaker 5: Partner interrupted, You're not me, sir. He interrupted you and came in.
Speaker 2: I just asked, no, no, you have not stopped talking. You have not stopped crashing out.
Speaker 1: So I don't think that God, like whether or not you create a life, does not give you the the the right to take a life. I don't think that anybody has the right to take a life.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 1: I think that they have the ability to take a life, right, So, I mean, there's an answer to your.
Speaker 2: Question, I would say, no, he doesn't have a right to do it. See, you're still you're taking Jesus Christ are we? Is this our show, Marco? Or is this your show?
Speaker 5: Well, it's your show, and you really don't want to answer a question. Want to ask you something like, for example.
Speaker 2: I answered your question. Both of us answered your question.
Speaker 3: I don't you and I don't have both answered your question.
Speaker 5: We're not God and we can't resurrect it now to answer what I really called in a boat in the first place, because we were off on the John Tittle was the God of the Bible being evil as a ridiculous thing?
Speaker 2: Have you okay, I'm sorry, I'm you to j you, Marco.
Speaker 1: You're not just going to automatically pivot to the thing that you originally called in about when you spent thirty minutes like diverting off of apparently what you originally called in about. The one thing that I want to say to you, Marco before we let you go, because we do have other callers to get to, is I want to point you towards Deuteronomy twenty one, starting in verse ten, because this plays upon your whole idea that women were taken care of after being taken as a war bride. Okay, And it says when you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hand and you take them captive. If you see a beautiful woman among them, and you desire her and want to take her as a wife, then you shall bring her into your house. She shall shave her head, trimmer nails, and put aside her clothing for captivity. After she has lived in your house for a full month more and to father and mother, then you may go into her, which means put penis to vagina, just in case you're curious, may go into her, and then you are considered her husband and she is your wife. That's how you marry these war brides, as you rape them. It's describing rape in that situation. And if you are not pleased with her, this is the key part. If you're not pleased with her, then you are to let her go wherever she wishes, but you must not sell her for mone of your traders as a slave, since you have dishonored her. The dishonored her part is specifically talking about how you have raped her and even taken away her value. So your whole idea that these thirty two thousand little girls in numbers thirty one we're going to be taken care of, and this was somehow God's way of ensuring that they would have been taken care of. That's just simply not the case when in God's own rule book here it has a provision for these warring men to take these thirty two thousand girls, rape them after a month of keeping them in the house, and then just discarding them like a used rag. Okay, so, no, you don't know your Bible, you don't know what you're talking about, and you know what I've reconsidered. I don't think I'm gonna let you come back on any final thoughts there, Jim.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, well, I would like to point out numbers thirty six through sixteen. I won't read it, but basically, to sum up, if a woman before she marries makes a vow, makes a promise, or obligates herself to something in any way, her husband gets to forbid it and say no, you can't do that. That is also slavery and Marco, I'm sorry you're defending slavery and rape.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'd suggest doing some introspection about that.
Speaker 2: Anyways, see you later, Marco.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of calls, and so I just I needed to get we need to get moving through these so that we can get done with them in time. This next call, though, I really want to take a back seat because I've talked to this person like two times now in the past few days, and I just I want to see Jim talk to him for maybe five.
Speaker 2: Or ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, is this a philbro H?
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely not a philbro all right, all right, So next up, we've got Popo call then from Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: What's up there, Papa? How you doing?
Speaker 16: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: How you doing good? Doing good?
Speaker 2: Doing good?
Speaker 3: What's your proof for God?
Speaker 5: Okay, my proof for God is the following. But you have to be humble because it's a radical proof and all the oil humility. You can show you the evidence because it will change your life. And with something so radical that will change your.
Speaker 3: Life, we don't need the preamble. Make your argument. We don't need your preamble. Make your argument.
Speaker 5: I know people step back because of that. Okay, the argument is the following the University script agent. Therefore, if the university, stump digent and necessary be axis.
Speaker 3: Why do you lie to me? Let me deal with your contingency. The only, the only non contingent thing that he can prove exists is energy. Everything is dependent on energy.
Speaker 2: No, no, I promise you he's not.
Speaker 4: He's Oh, oh okay, he's a filbro egg, got it. Yeah, So, if you're going to if you're going, if you're going to say, and.
Speaker 3: If I agree to the sake of argument, that contingent things actually exist, everything depends on is contingent on energy, because because energy can either be treated nor destroyed, I don't need anything but energy. I don't need your God, and I can prove energy exists. So if you're going to claim that your God is that everything is contingent on your God, you first have to prove your God exists, which you can't do by simply saying my God exists, which is exactly what your argument is. Right, because I'm encountering your argument with it's energy is all I need as a contingent thing?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no no, can you steal man my argument? What I just said?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a standard argument from contingency, right, what is it? Everything is contingent on something, That something is God.
Speaker 3: That is your argument.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's not my argument.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes it is. I know this argument better than you.
Speaker 5: Okay, then you are not answering my argument. You are answering something else.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. You were saying there is Your argument is that there is something that is contingent. Everything is contingent on the non contingent incondingent fact.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh, that's not my argument.
Speaker 3: Everything that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was just going to try to clarify.
Speaker 1: So what Papo or also known as Felix here says is that the universe is contingent and therefore direct, necessary being direct.
Speaker 2: So he's I don't agreeing with that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, there's no necessary thing being.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that energy is the necessary thing, and I can prove energy exists.
Speaker 5: Prove prove energies a necessary being or reality.
Speaker 3: I'm saying there's no such thing as a necessary being. You're saying there's a necessary thing, and you are just waving your hands saying it's a being, and I'm saying, no.
Speaker 4: You got to prove it's a being. I can prove it's perfectly natural. I can prove that energy exists. I can prove that it can't be created or destroyed.
Speaker 3: And I can prove that the entire universe depends on energy, is contingent on energy existing. So you can't prove that God exists. You can't even improve rely upon energy.
Speaker 5: Prove that energy is when the universe relies.
Speaker 3: On equals mc squared.
Speaker 6: Oh, prove that energy?
Speaker 17: I just did.
Speaker 3: E equals mc squared.
Speaker 5: So how that proves it?
Speaker 4: Because it's a basic law of physics. So this is physics one on one dude. You should have learned about the equals mc squared in high school?
Speaker 5: So how does that prove that energy necessary?
Speaker 3: Energy is the necessary thing because matter andevery this entire universe depends on it.
Speaker 5: So are you saying that, yes, always existed.
Speaker 4: As far as we know, energy cannot be created or destroyed. This is the first law thermodynamics? Again physics, So.
Speaker 6: Yes or no?
Speaker 8: Are you saying that energy, yesholes existed?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I just said that, and the first law thermodynamics says that. Okay, prove it the first law thermo dynamics. You want me to improve basic physics, I can do that. I would rather send you to a whole bunch of physics lectures on YouTube, so you can go study the first law of thermodynamics.
Speaker 3: But the first law of thermodynamics is a fact, hence the word law. Okay, then you agree with me.
Speaker 5: No, I don't, because the firstlow was created in the Big Bang.
Speaker 3: No, you got to prove that the law of thermodynamics do not depend on the Big Bang. Neither does energy, right, because energy existed well and in the sense that we can say before it makes any kind of sense.
Speaker 4: When we're talking about before the Big Bang. And it also depends on your view of time, which we also don't know, So we don't know if time began in the Big Bang or if time existed before.
Speaker 3: These are all questions that physics has to determine.
Speaker 4: However, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, which means your God can't create it either.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to prove it that the first law was created in the Big Bang. The first law existed after or before.
Speaker 4: The Big Bang before because energy existed before the Big Bang.
Speaker 5: Okay, prove it.
Speaker 3: I just did first law thermodynamics.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Popoo papo.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: So the proof the proof for that is the fact that we do not experience energy being destroyed. Right, we cannot actually destroy energy. We've never seen energy be destroyed, so it only transforms in form. Right, That's what the inflation of the universe. It was a transformation of energy. It went from potential energy transforming into the inflation event.
Speaker 2: And there's several different ways in which that could have happened.
Speaker 1: So if you if you can disprove the first law of thermodynamics, then then it's incumbent upon you to provide that proof.
Speaker 2: Otherwise we have to go with what we currently know.
Speaker 1: And what we know is that energy cannot be destroyed nor created, so that that is the that is the establish thing. That's what's been established with proof already, all right, So if you have have something contrary to that, then you can give that to us.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to prove it.
Speaker 5: The love termo dynamics came into being with the Big Bang, Mumpy.
Speaker 3: That's a claim that prove your clim No, it.
Speaker 5: Didn't exist before. Prove that it didn't exit before the big bank exploded.
Speaker 3: Prove you're you've tripled down saying the same thing over and over again and you haven't bothered to prove it. Now, when it comes to the first law, thromerynamics. I can read you the entire Wikipedia page if you really want me to to prove my point.
Speaker 5: But you have.
Speaker 3: But you saying that the first law thermodynamics only did not exist before the beginning of the universe doesn't make any sense because you can't back that up. Energy existed before the The energy can't be created or destroyed in order for the first law of thermodynamics to not exist before the universe. That means energy had to be created, and we know it wasn't. This is an obvious point.
Speaker 5: Before he'd exploded.
Speaker 3: There was no So the fact that so first of all, the fact that it exploded proves it.
Speaker 6: Energy.
Speaker 3: This said before the Big Bang. Otherwise there's nothing to do, nothing to explode, there's nothing to go bang prove it. The Big Bang proves it. Do you really want proof of the Big Bank? Because I can give you the proof that's right out of a Christian's book. Oh that's a claim.
Speaker 5: You're saying that energy was acuse prove energy was the cross.
Speaker 3: Of the Big Bang? Sure equals MC squared. Oh, prove it.
Speaker 11: I just did.
Speaker 3: I did have. I don't have to prove it because Einstein did when he said he equals mc squared. That's the proof. Do you know do you know what.
Speaker 2: Represents?
Speaker 1: Bang, Papo popo, do you know what E equals mc squared represents?
Speaker 3: Don't tell me, Oh Jesus Christ, you're trying to argue physics, and he don't even know what the equals mc squared is.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Energy equals mass times square the speed of light meaning energy.
Speaker 3: At the same time, I.
Speaker 2: Just did, you can convert.
Speaker 1: Hold on, So, Papa, Papa, you can convert between energy and matter. You can represent like mass matter, all of that as energy. And so that equation allows you to do that. And so that's why why we're saying that we've proven it with E equals mc squared, because for the big for the inflation of the universe, that energy is transformed into the matter that we have today, and that we can understand that transformation through that particular formula, and so like what we would need from you something that disproves that. But you know, Papa, I could already tell that we're we're kind of up ship Creek with a single paddle here, and we're just gonna be going around in circles. So I wanted Jim to experience, you know, your argument on his own for a bit.
Speaker 3: But there was no argument. I mean, it was just a contingency argument. And then he doesn't even understand physics well enough to.
Speaker 4: Actually have an intelligent conversation about anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, prove the first law of throno dynamics. I'm not a physics teacher, but I can read you the Wikipedia page, I can refer to you a whole bunch of really good YouTube videos that I'll explain it to you.
Speaker 4: But the first law of throne dynamics is pretty well settled physics. It's just true because of all of the evidence that supports it. And you're just going uh uh, and you have no other argument. You can't even support the argument that the contingent thing is a being. You're just waving your hands, going it's a being and you can't even.
Speaker 5: Prove that reality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I am done.
Speaker 4: With Okay, you cannot prove anything, and he doesn't understand physics fall enough to have an intelligent conversation.
Speaker 2: Yep, So Popo, I'm gonna yep see you little.
Speaker 3: Paper all right for that? Gee, I owe you for this, by the way.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I've got about thirty minutes left here, we're going to try to get through these last few callers that we've got. I definitely want to try to get to everybody that we can. So the next person we have is Jace from from Ohio. There, Hey there, Jase, how you doing yeh, I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 5: How you guys doing doing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So you're saying that aliens are proof of God, and I'm just kind of curious how you square that square that issue?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely so if you don't mind saying, give you my own backstory to how I found Christ through aliens? That's okay.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I don't really want to hear a story. We don't have time. Uh can you prove that aliens exist? Can I prove that they exist?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Going to my story?
Speaker 5: Okay, about my experience, Okay, it.
Speaker 3: Led me to, Uh, can we get a two minute timer? Please? Hold on, hold on, hold hold your horses there, We're gonna get put.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give you two minutes to give me your backstory, and then if you haven't gotten to the argument that aliens prove.
Speaker 3: God, we're just going to cut you off and go to the next callar. All right, you have two minutes. Can we get that two minute timer up there? It is go all right?
Speaker 5: Well, I was always into aliens and all that. When I was like five years old the Indian hockey, I got into the reptilian crazy stuff. So I had to I had to experience on my bed, close my eyes opened them. They're all around me. I cried out for Jesus Christ. They left, came across kill Jordan, a UFO researcher.
Speaker 9: He investigated these stories of.
Speaker 5: You being adducted, same situation I had. He became a Christian to that. If you want to look in the Bible, a lot of people, you know, a lot of people you know, claim the aliens are.
Speaker 3: In the Bible or whatever.
Speaker 5: Ancient religions all that document.
Speaker 3: These beings in the sky.
Speaker 5: We have them today. You see the White House consistently.
Speaker 3: You're done, all right, that's it. Your argument is that you had an experience you interpreted as aliens all around you. You cried out to Jesus Christ, and poof, they were gone. Yeah, So can you please explain to me, give me any evidence that your experience was actually real and not just a figment of your imagination.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I was fully conscious the entire time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people who are dreaming are often claimed to be fully conscious. Can you please give me any evidence that it would actually happened.
Speaker 5: Well, I remember that time and day that it happened. It happened on July sixteenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people who listen say the same thing. Can you give me any evidence that it happened?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 3: Yes? This is all common bs that people give to try and prove that something happened, and none of it it makes any difference because people who listen it will do the same thing. Right, So I'm not saying you're hallucinading. I'm just using that as an example.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what your personal experience was, but I'm looking for some type of evidence that your personal experience actually happened.
Speaker 3: And it's not just you interpreting events.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I know I was fully conscious. I mean it'sout like Telly as the story. I guess you know, I can't really give you the entire background though, you know, I just got I.
Speaker 3: Don't care about the story. I want the evidence. You don't have any evidence, do you. You don't have any evidence that aliens exist. You really don't want to go to the Bible because John and I have John in particular has been kicking people in the teeth with the Bible versus and we can continue to do that if you really want to, if you want, if you want what to be Round four, Round five of the Bible doesn't say what it's you think it says. But you haven't offered any evidence whatsoever. Uh that what you're you're saying is true?
Speaker 5: Well, can you prove to me that they don't exist?
Speaker 3: That aliens don't exist? They're making the claim. You're making the claim, buddy, you got to back it up.
Speaker 5: I mean, you have the government itself.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm done. What about you, John?
Speaker 5: They aren't actually demons?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're done.
Speaker 4: I'm getting to is how did I stay come back when you can actually prove something with actual evidence instead of just whatever your brain thought of.
Speaker 3: Thanks, So just real quick.
Speaker 4: I had the experience where I was in that half asleep mode where you can't move and would swear it. I had cats dancing tear on my feet and didn't do not own cats. That's the only evidence I have and I'm not saying or a cast or anything else going on.
Speaker 3: Then that's the way my brain worked. I've had weird experiences too. I'm not making fantastic clients. So all right, on to the next one.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see. Yeah, it's kind of a toxic. Which one do you? Which one do you want to take?
Speaker 3: Well, let's let's end on a palate cleanser and keep Z for life.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep Z for last. All right, so let's go to William. What's up there, William?
Speaker 5: How you doing great?
Speaker 8: So the first thing I want to say is, like in the New Testament, it specifically says.
Speaker 3: There was an argument whether every Christian needs.
Speaker 5: To follow the Old Testament law, and then Act chapter.
Speaker 19: Fifteen, he said, no, you don't need to follow every Old Testament law, right, and Jesus says you do? Okay, Where where did Jesus say you need to follow every Old Testament law?
Speaker 3: Matthew? You five? Apparently you weren't paying attention. Matthew five?
Speaker 2: What is seventeenth through seventeen? Nineteen?
Speaker 3: Seventeen to nineteen?
Speaker 6: I heard you misquoting scripture?
Speaker 3: I heard that, So let's go. No, we're not misquoting a scripture. Let me read you scripture? Do you mind? John?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: So okay, Matthew five, seventeen through nineteen, word for word right out of the New International Version says quote, do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets.
Speaker 3: I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.
Speaker 4: For truly, I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the small least stroke of a pen, well, by any means, disappear from the law until everything is accomplished. So that is exactly what the Bible says. And that is Jesus speaking, and Jesus saying that the Old Testament laws still exist.
Speaker 5: Right, So, yes, exactly so, so.
Speaker 15: For eximple Old Testiment law said Moses commanded the issue life. Right, So if we go by the law, it said Moses commanded Israelites. It is say Moses commanded the Midianites. And they say Moses commanded everybody who was going to become a Jew, and said Moses commanded the Israelites.
Speaker 5: So you can't take the law like if I were to give you.
Speaker 15: A document and I would say, my father commanded me to do this, and then you were to say, well, God commanded.
Speaker 5: Everybody, you know, that's what the Father commanded.
Speaker 3: The son.
Speaker 9: But I'm gonna finish.
Speaker 5: I'm a finished with this. So first of all, it said that that was for the Israelites.
Speaker 3: It didn't say it was for everybody.
Speaker 5: Second of all, if you want to call it the law and the law.
Speaker 15: God commanded them to eat the unclean animals. If the first five books is the law, they had all the animals when they came out.
Speaker 9: Of the Ark.
Speaker 15: When they came out of the Ark, they were commanded.
Speaker 5: To eat everything, not just the clean animals.
Speaker 3: Right, So you don't want you don't want to have a conversation about with me about what you could eat in the Bible because it's a security conversation and it's not going to help you because the ultimate answer is we don't know. It's unclear as to what you can actually eat in the Bible. So you don't want to do that one. But again, nothing you said actually refused that. All the laws in the Old Testament for anybody who's going to be a follower of Christ. And they were all.
Speaker 4: Jewish at the time most of this was written, right, Paul was only one preaching to the gentiles.
Speaker 3: So yes, you have to have all you have to follow all the laws. That's what this says.
Speaker 7: So the.
Speaker 5: Law, Mathew, So the law did the first five books include the law? Because in the law, Genesis will be part of the law. If Genesis is part of the law.
Speaker 6: Then and Genesis he commanded them to eat fruits and vegetables in the garden. If Genesis is a part of the law, when.
Speaker 15: They came out of the art, they would command it to eat unclean animals as well.
Speaker 4: If so, Genesis is not the only place where God commands people. Gives a list of things you can and cannot eat, right, So in Genesis nine to three, which is what you're talking about, yes, you could eat anything. In Leviticus eleven seven, in Deuteronomy fourteen one through twenty one, that's all Old Testament.
Speaker 3: God gives you a list of restricted diets.
Speaker 5: Now the issue, I can't give this to the world.
Speaker 3: Can give Yes, if you're going to follow Jesus Christ, who is a Jew, you also have to follow Jewish law Jewish only.
Speaker 2: Can I hold on?
Speaker 1: I want to provide some clarification here on this particular point. Is that okay, there William.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yes, sir, okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have a Bible and if you want to turn in your Bible. Galatians three twenty nine is the key verse here. And I know that this is Paul, but you know we've been referencing between Jesus and Paul and everything like that. But Paul says that if you belong to Christ, meaning Jesus, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. So it kind of seems like even to Paul, you're considered to be part of that group of people. You're directly descended from Aber hand.
Speaker 6: So that's so, that's just this is perfect because people doesn't don't get it right.
Speaker 5: So Abraham seed wasn't just Israel, right, Israel Israel is.
Speaker 6: A subset of Abraham. Abraham had Abraham.
Speaker 3: Had other children other than Jacob.
Speaker 18: No no, no, no no no no no no no.
Speaker 15: The twelve tribe that's after the twelve tribes would be a subset of Jacob. I'm talking about the super set, right, So Jacob.
Speaker 3: Had brothers, right, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm sorry're right right, I got to say, I'm sorry. I sry. My mind is going somewhere else.
Speaker 6: But before but even before those twelve tribes, there were still there were still Hebrews, there were still Hebrews. So right, so Abraham was the Hebrew but he had other children.
Speaker 8: What he had it was his son Isaac, right, and there was Isaac.
Speaker 6: He also had that Muslims, right, Jacob, not Jacob Ishmail Ismail. So Ishmael was one of his descendants, and Isaac was another one of his descendants. And I don't remember how many children Isaac had, but oh, it was, it was it was Jacob and right soul, So that would mean that also came from Isaac.
Speaker 15: So Isaac was the one who was considered the son of problems. So that means that not only the Israelites would be the chosen people on Abraham, but also.
Speaker 8: The descendants of also.
Speaker 2: William.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so William William the So so there's two parts to this verse. The second part is kind of also key and can't be ignored.
Speaker 2: It says and heirs according to the promise, So like.
Speaker 1: If you're if you belong to Christ, then we're not talking about those other groups out there, We're talking about the ones that are heirs according to the promise.
Speaker 2: So they are heirs to all of this.
Speaker 1: So it's all connected to the Old Testament. So yes, the Old Testament laws are still applicable to Christians.
Speaker 8: Well, hold on, no, no, so what so what you're saying doesn't make sense?
Speaker 6: Is what you're saying just so, just based on what you said, air to the promise, So air to the promise.
Speaker 5: Don't mean that you fall the same laws. So so I have a let's say I got three children. I got three children.
Speaker 8: I tell one child, listen, what you got to do is you got to mop the floors.
Speaker 5: That's my daughters. Then I tell my sons, Yo, what you got to do is you got to take care of your mother.
Speaker 3: Right as to the promise.
Speaker 5: But they don't off fall the same laws.
Speaker 3: So for you to say that, oh, isn't the promise of this case referring to the Covenant, which would include all three hundred and some odd laws in the old customent, well, is to the promise that the So just my quick reaction.
Speaker 5: With I'm thinking about what you said. The covenant is the promise wouldn't be the Old Testament Covenant. The promise would be the New Testament would be I will pour out my sons into the New Testament.
Speaker 3: Covenant doesn't happen until after the Second Coming. No, no, no, no, no, we're gonna have to agree to disagreew in.
Speaker 5: That because I will pour out my spirit on your sons and daughters. That's the promise of the New.
Speaker 3: Covenant, right, you know what I'm saying, go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, I was just saying, eude, like I'm gonna pour out my spirit on you like that just sounds for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean you might.
Speaker 8: I mean, listen, listen, that's that's the I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's a there's a few so different people like different things. Some people like Gerbals in different places.
Speaker 1: Some people don't so to you and might sound well, I'm sure some people like hollo.
Speaker 4: No, I don't understand what this has to do with with everybody who is Jewish and Christian must follow the laws, because it's pretty clear we're reading you black letter and you're offering us your interpretation to fit your worldview, and alls we're doing is reading the Bible God, and it doesn't say.
Speaker 2: That changing the rules.
Speaker 6: So you just had the discussion about slavery, right now.
Speaker 15: So no, no, no, no, no, I said earlier on the day, you guys were talking about slavery, and one of the things that was brought up was well, you got.
Speaker 20: The nations and then you got Israel, so maybe you know you could buy it from the nation, but not necessarily buy from Israel. So the point I was getting at was that you guys have already.
Speaker 6: Acknowledged that God got different rules with different people.
Speaker 15: If the law says, it says there.
Speaker 6: Every time you read Exodus and Leviticus.
Speaker 15: And Deuteronomy, it always says and God told Moses to tell oh, shoot, I got go.
Speaker 9: Now I'm getting it. Call I've got to go.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, damn, that was quick, all right, see you later there, William. So the important thing here that I guess I was trying to get to is that, I mean, you know, Paul has his contradictory thing about the whole commandments deal, whether or not those applied. But at the same time, it's rather awkward for me because I don't know how to I don't know how to understand sin unless that sin is encapsulated by the commandments, Like I just don't know what sin is, and it turns into this whole.
Speaker 2: Thing where you know, there's.
Speaker 1: We're just making up whatever we think God doesn't like, and I just I don't.
Speaker 2: Understand that.
Speaker 3: You have to accept contradictory things in order to read the Bible.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Jim, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I would say that it's so obvious when you actually start to read it and study it. Just on the concept of what can you eat? You have three verses in the Old Testament that dictate that. One says you need anything to others say you have a restricted diet. And yet the New Testament says you can eat anything unless you just It's not clear and simple as people want it to be, and they don't realize it. And once they have figured out what their dogma is and they fit the facts to it, that's all they want to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm wondering, what would you care if we if we brought up our backup post to handle this last call, because I don't want them to be back there for nothing this entire time.
Speaker 2: And we've had so many great calls. Hey there, Ben, how you doing good?
Speaker 3: How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, doing pretty good. Have you enjoyed the show so far?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, some.
Speaker 21: Interesting and inspuriating callers, but it certainly seemed fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have our last collar to take today, and like Jim said, it's a palate cleanser. So we're gonna be talking to Z and we're talking about the difference between agnostic and atheist.
Speaker 2: How you doing there, Z?
Speaker 1: What's you up to?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 17: Yo yo?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 17: Guys?
Speaker 9: Finally on, finally on. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 17: I came across the channel just randomly, like the show before you guys, thanks for hanging around, Thank you for.
Speaker 9: Doing God serk, that's a joke. Oh wow, wow wow wow. Yeah.
Speaker 21: I grew out mission and created everything. This is God's work before that this would be happening.
Speaker 9: And ire with where we talked about this stuff quite.
Speaker 17: A bit, and uh, you know, there's this My dad is Jesus guy and his mom was a Pennycostal and so like they wrote her off as crazy because some of her thoughts were crazy, and I also want to give us but she's an amazing woman. And my mom was definitely an atheist and she passed away about ten or eleven years ago.
Speaker 9: So I want to give a shout and I want to.
Speaker 17: Give a shout out to all the callers, because you know, everybody's got their own thing going on, and they're all humans and it's tough to being a human sometimes and I think everybody is trying to make sense of it all.
Speaker 9: And I appreciate you too.
Speaker 17: For really like really getting down to business when it comes down to the yo, are.
Speaker 9: You guys kidding me? Are you really thinking music?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 17: Are you really into this? But like, hey, that's what you were taught you were a green pencil was yellow from the age of whatever zero, I guess or one day like you might think that that green pencil was yellow or whatever. It was my thought eupimism. I think it's well.
Speaker 9: But yeah, so I got some really interesting things to say.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 17: I actually just had a experience with pretty guy hard Catholics in their late seventies eighties. They also have big gatherings for people that are muslim a Native Americans. They accepted me being agnostic basically or whatever.
Speaker 9: They didn't even ask me what I was.
Speaker 3: But and.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so my question is is, like, so when it comes to agnostic and atheism, what do you guys think about Like when energy is.
Speaker 9: You know, seems godly, you know, is that.
Speaker 17: Meant I don't I don't want to go in It's not a mental illness, it's a mental Oh.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what you're asking because atheists and agnostic are terms that have nothing to do with energy.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so, I guess for everybody out there, I just wanted to like say, like, yeah, like, I don't think it's wrong for any of these people to think what they think, but like they think.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's wrong for people to think it's okay to sell their children into slavery.
Speaker 9: I think that's wrong, and I think yeah, so so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well thank you for that.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's nice, like I said, it's gonna be a power cleanser. But so it's not okay for everybody to think whatever they want to think, so that that's not true.
Speaker 17: Yes, I sided to tact over even how ridiculous is it to even believe in the Bible something that was written two thousand years ago when we as humans have evolved so much even just since uh you know it was July or two hundred and fifty years but how much we've evolved since then.
Speaker 9: You know, it's just unbelievable. It's unbelievable. What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 21: Well, I mean I think certainly there's a lot of old books, uh there there could be a passage or two in the Bible that is sensible and reasonable. I think like don't murder people is generally like widely accepted belief. But I think if you're trying to base your entire life around a document from that that long ago, probably foolish.
Speaker 14: You may miss some things or be misinformed about the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And it's like I guess, like I just cannot. I guess you're you're you're you're trying to.
Speaker 17: Help people out, but I are seeing that you guys are being a little bit argun into kis and maybe, like.
Speaker 4: I hope we're being more than a little bit argumentative. It's the whole point of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turn out this argumentation game, the league game across this.
Speaker 17: So, like I guess, yeah, so like I remember this when I was like sixteen, you know, and that's been some decades back, and like I remember atheists being argumentative and being like I don't really like that part about it, you know, but like I see one, Well, I know.
Speaker 4: A lot of atheists who aren't argumentative at all. They live their lives out ever having a single argument about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, I think it's something as.
Speaker 21: As we do this show, and we have several other shows, and then we do a lot of other stuff at the Free Thought Library in Austin. In all of the like activism that I've done and work that I've done in the past, I think like different strategies and for different means and different capabilities for different memes. I think some people are really good at arguing. I think some people are really good at kind of deconstructing arguments and being an advocate in the public. But then there's other spaces. Some people are really good at having more compassionate conversation and deconstructing thoughts and taking times, and I think all of those are equally valid. So I appreciate, like sometimes this kind of show isn't for everybody, But we do have other programming where our hosts we tell our hosts to try to sit down and kind of deconstruct the arguments and kind of cool things down a little bit more.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 17: One thing, So that's going to blow all y'all's minds that everybody's still listening that we're air raft.
Speaker 3: So I hope I get to hold onto.
Speaker 5: Some of it.
Speaker 9: You guys ready for this? You never heard of we Board?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're fake? What about them?
Speaker 9: I was only thirteen or fourteen, and.
Speaker 17: This is I didn't prove God at all, but disproves energy, and I guess to kind of like proves where some people go after they die, possibly or just energy.
Speaker 3: But you know how you know how wig boards work, right, they're the worst.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I've never used.
Speaker 17: Whenever I was, I was like thirteen years old, and my friend and his sisters were really into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's whatever push it.
Speaker 4: It's whoever pushed it to shuttle thing around, is the answer you get, because there's I mean, Hasbro made them.
Speaker 17: He asked the Wigi board to prove itself. There's like a ton of articles online I looked up one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and and the Ouiji board is fake. There's there is no evidence that the supernatural actually, oh there we go, holy spirit board and John's got one right there.
Speaker 9: To prove itself. And it literally threw us.
Speaker 3: It doesn't it doesn't. Yeah, that's what our minds aren't blown. And uh, you know, because boards aren't a thing.
Speaker 1: This one says communic This one says communicate directly with Jesus Christ, because obviously you need a Ouiji board in order to communicate with Christy that again. There, I'm sorry, my my middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of years.
Speaker 2: That's my bad.
Speaker 1: Uh anyways, uh ze, So I'm not exactly sure if we're actually talking about the topic that you actually call it in for.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We we We've got to read super chats and then I've got to get out of here.
Speaker 2: So any final thoughts there.
Speaker 9: Then I listened to an hour of incredibleness.
Speaker 17: Now I can kind of understand where you guys are coming from, and I thank you for being the voices of reason, and I think you are pretty You're pretty reasonable.
Speaker 9: That is terrible. I cannot believe I never read the Bible.
Speaker 17: I cannot believe the Bible said that stuff, and like people actually worshiped it or worshiped all that stuff.
Speaker 9: It's just weird.
Speaker 2: It's totally crazy.
Speaker 1: There's a hey, maybe pick up some choice choice Bible verses and see how horrible it is. Sometimes it's just kind of an interesting thing to just be knowledgeable about. At least I think that it's pretty cool. But anyways, we're going to let you go there, Zee. I hope you have a fabulous rest of your day and we coming up and we'll talk to you later.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a good one, go tak you care everyone you too, cee see. Oh right, man, that was a good show today, I was.
Speaker 1: I mean, we started off with some drunk couple and we ended with you know, oiichi board, So that was pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: That covers the gamut, and we end up with a bunch of Christians defunding slavery, defunding sexual assault, defending being evil as being okay because God says it, which is problematic because God has on at least two occasions told people to go kill their children. Now on one occasion he goes, psych no, don't do it. But in some ways I think that that's probably as baden.
Speaker 1: There's a there's actually a sophisticated biblical argument, you know, that points out that God actually required the Israelites to sacrifice their firstborn children, and so like there's I mean, that's actually in the Bible where they God directly commands that of them. So it's like you can't even be like they were doing horrible things like sacrificing their babies. It's like the Israelites were doing that too.
Speaker 3: I've heard some arguments from scholars saying that they're not sure that the whole psych don't do it bit is actually original. It was added later because it made God look like a real evil ass.
Speaker 6: Home.
Speaker 3: Well, Sacrice, yeah, I've argument.
Speaker 21: Yeah, what I'm always fascinated by when talking about like the people just accepting these what we would consider atrocious things, is this weird redefinition of that which is good is that which glorifies God. I think if you start heading down that path, it becomes the justification for anything, because at that point, as long as you're quote unquote glorifying God and like.
Speaker 14: Then we're we're we're really not.
Speaker 21: Using the same language when we talk about like that which is good or that which is bad, that which causes harm. It just makes communication difficult. Just so it really does very fundamental.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because we're no longer talking about you know, morals, We're not talking about things that can benefit society and make us all better, and slavery does not do that.
Speaker 1: So all right, well we do have some super chance to read off before we leave out. I'll start off here with and Chris the donut Fiend. I have to say I love that username. It's so fun to say. But and says, divine command theory is always used to justify sociopathic behaviors, and yeah, I mean it really, it always is because it's easy. It's an easy thing for them to accept, and you know they're already pre trained to just accept whatever God says.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and like Plato sore and carecterguard, like there's so many people from hundreds of years ago that we're dealing with that exact question and that issue of the divine command theory, and like we're still dealing with it today, all right.
Speaker 1: And then the next chat is Kelly Shecher forty nine to thirty seven that says nine ninety nine saying thanks for the show, Thank you so much there, Kelly. And then we've got Kelly Laughlin who sent in a super chat, Yeah, send a super chant saying Godless Engineer will be speaking at the tenth annual ARCon counter protest next week July twelfth. Other speakers include Seth Andrews No Illusions. Also, Kelly will be speaking there too, Godless Granny. If anybody out there knows Godless Granny's going to be speaking, Mandisa Thomas is going to be speaking there. It's just it's gonna be a great number of people that are going to be there.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, that's really all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we've got Carl Grimes, who says, send in a super chapter five dollars, saying, Deuteronomy twenty one ten happened to my mother. We weren't allowed to leave the home. Grandmother nearly died. Aren't Christians just the worst? I'm so sorry that y'all had to experience that. That's that's horrible. Let's see, not the Bible, Jason sent in a super chapter two dollars, saying.
Speaker 2: Stop yelling at us, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: And then not the Bible Jason sent in another five dollars super chat sand what call could be more important than speaking the word?
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously it was.
Speaker 1: It was that witnessing to a bunch of atheists he had he had to take that call.
Speaker 21: I mean, I think if someone called it with the winning lotto numbers, I would consider that thing important.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was Jesus. It was like, dude, I got them.
Speaker 21: Oh my gosh, you wanted like a convincing evidence for at least the supernatural capabilities of the Bible. Put some winning lottery numbers that it's like on August fifth, twenty twenty six, this will be the one.
Speaker 3: Any phone call from from my partner is far more important than.
Speaker 1: So so Ben and Jim, I'm wondering for the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ Ouiji board. Can you guess what the little wigi wedge is?
Speaker 3: Is it a cross?
Speaker 14: I'm going to get it is across?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: It's also made my Holy Spirit games uh not Hasbro, which is a little disappointing, but.
Speaker 3: I don't think they used to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's gonna be our show for today.
Speaker 1: It's been an awesome show, very very filled with a lot of good conversation. We hope that you will subscribe to the Atheist Experience here as well as tune in next week when we're gonna have even more fantastic conversations. And so yeah, I guess that's it today. Thank you so much man for backing us up.
Speaker 21: I appreciate you guys bringing me up and having me on And for everyone else out there, also check out membership. You can check out at atheist type andcommunity dot org.
Speaker 3: We have membership.
Speaker 14: If you support and like what the ACA is all about and what we do.
Speaker 21: That's a way to not just support the channels which helps, but also support us directly.
Speaker 14: And you can also check out our really cool merch it's somewhere up wrong hand. I'm new at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm really bad about this during because I totally forgot to read off the stuff right after the first call.
Speaker 2: But I do want to say thank you so much to the crew on the back end.
Speaker 1: They're making it possible today. That's totally my bad for not calling y'all out earlier. Y'all are so awesome back there. Thank you guys for sticking around making a great show today, and it's just it's been great and y'all have really put forth the hard work all.
Speaker 2: Day to day. So thank you guys for that so much.
Speaker 1: But I also want to let everybody know that you can too become one of those attractive crew members, or you can be a guest on one of the shows, or you can eventually become a host. We're always looking for people interest in being part of our production, so you can email Volunteer at atheistdashcommunity dot org to get involved.
Speaker 14: And you will get to have a meeting with me.
Speaker 21: Of all Peaple, I'm also the volunteer coordinator, So check us out if you think this is really cool or you want to get involved in some other ways. We have stuff in person at the building. We have folks working on it. They've just been digging in ever since we did our twenty for our fundraisers. So further shout out to the crew and are the folks working for us and they do so much work and every volunteer helps.
Speaker 14: Whatever time you can give it goes towards helping us do this.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you everybody for a great show today, and I guess we will see y'all next week.
Speaker 5: Right away.
Speaker 12: To start already, y'all, to stop listen the bull shit everyone around you, buy the shy.
Speaker 8: Welcome David.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Watch Talk eath and live Sundays at one pm Central.
Speaker 1: Visit tiny dot c c slash y t t H and call into the show at five one two nine nine one nine two four two, or connect to the show online at tiny dot c c slash call THH