Speaker 1: L W Gary Jeff Walker on this Monday evening, Febuary the tenth, twenty twenty five. And if I sound happy, if it sounds like I've got a smile on my face, it's because I'm acting. Yes, I am getting over my Chiefs, not just loss but total annihilation by the Philadelphia Eagles last night at Super Bowl fifty nine in New Orleans. But I can truly say I know exactly how Bingals fans feel about losing in the Super Bowl, even though Bingals fans have experienced it three times. All I can tell you is the amount of I don't disdain. I wouldn't call it outright hatred in most cases, but disdain people had when they found out I was rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs when no one in the world was rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs save our select few. But I can truly say, also, a loss is a loss.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I know it looked pretty bad, look pretty bad in the first half, look pretty bad in the first quarter for that matter. Last night, the Eagles defense obviously was a star of the show. Jalen Hurtz gets the MVP nod, although I believe that MVP should have been a team Award for defense from Philadelphia because they were every Poor Patty was on his butt six times via eagle sacks two interceptions, didn't fare much better at connecting with his man, Travis Kelcey. It was just a total domination. And being a Chiefs fan, I'm the first to admit it. And I wasn't in sackcloth and nashes. There was no nailing, gnashing a wailing or gnashing of teeth or nailing or wasashing of teeth either one, although you could always got to use a good teeth swash whatever that is. So on my part, I mean, I wasn't like depressed. I didn't wake up this morning going, oh my god, the world looks terrible the Chief's loss. No, I do not live and die with wins or losses by the team I have and to be rooting for, unlike a lot of other people I know. I mean, there are people I'm sure who were Chiefs fans, the few of us that were left in America, who are even tonight, more than twenty four hours later after the devastation, thinking to themselves, I don't know how I'll ever go on. I can't wait till next year. Maybe I'm not even looking forward to next year. Maybe this is the end for Mahome's magic and the Chiefs domination of the rest of the NFL. And maybe it is, and if that's the case, I'll live with it. It's all right. But it reminded me so much of the Bears' domination of the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl of nineteen eighty six, where the Bears defense same kind of dominating defense led by Ditka and the Boys, and they simply crushed the Patriots like they were grapes. They were making wine out of New England basically by halftime of that Super Bowl. So it looked a lot like that. Forty to twenty two is not far off from forty six to ten, and forty to twenty two is really not a true indicator of how the Eagles dominated my Chiefs last night. So I old wild Man a dollar. We'll talk to him about that a little bit later on the show. Before then, it's it's quite an incredible nightcap that's ahead of you. Between now and midnight, we'll have Joe Evermore, who he was the father of two amazing mountain climbing kids. Another record set for the youngest ever to reach the Matterhorn. And there are some other peaks which we will document in our conversation just a few moments away. Also excited because I am a lifelong Blue Bloods fan. That's right, the TV series that just can included last year as they finally hung it up, Commissioner Reagan and the family at the dinner table finally decided to go their separate ways and not produce any more fantastic network television. We have Kevin Wade, who was a show runner for Blue Bloods for like eleven seasons and also is a screenwriter, many many great credits to his name and his pen and we'll be talking to Kevin Wade tonight. Kenneth Abramowt's latest one international geopolitical stuff. Jim Reneesi, former Ohio Senate and gubernatorial candidate. I'll ask him his thoughts about the fact that Jim Tressel, that's right, Coach Tressel, as of today named the new Lieutenant Governor of the Great State of Ohio. I guess urban Meyer was busy with his podcast Pastor Mark Builts on what is ahead for us according to the Scriptures and also Al Risa Jeverasardi. Now I've been practicing this name ever since I booked this guest last week, Ali Reza, Jeff Farzada. He is an expert on Iran, and Iran is at the top of the ticket when you're talking about Gaza and the state sponsored terrorism that Iran has been funding under the Biden administration that may no longer be possible under a Trump administration, the Trump effect, and what is changing in the country of Iran right now as we talk tonight. Anyway, Joe Evermore is coming up next, and I will not ask him who he had in the super Bowl, because frankly, I don't care. I don't care who you had in the Super Bowl. Most of my friends and most of the people I talked to were Eagles all the way because they were just tired of KC. I get that, and I'm not sad, So send no condolence cards. Wild Man will get his dollar and we will begin in earnest the Nightcap in just moments on seven hundred WLW. And by the way, Bengals fans, I know how you feel. I know how it feels to be a fan of a team that lost to Super Bowl. Only I'm only dealing with one as of right now. And that was last night. I saw the ten year old and the seven year old that are setting records for mountain climbing at some of the world's tallest peaks and most challenging climb and the pitchman was offering their father to come and talk to me. I said, I got a chat with this guy, and so as a result of that, thank you for him allowing us some time out of his very busy day. Obviously very busy all the time, especially with two young, growing boys who like to climb mountains. Joe evermore, joins us for a few minutes on the nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Good evening, pleasure to be here. So tell me about you. First, You've obviously always been into mountain climbing, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ever since I was a kid.
Speaker 4: When I was a little kid, I would tell people I want to be a mountain climber when I grow up, and so I had no idea what that is, and I get that's not what I do occupationally now, but it's still a part of our DNA and we climb climb big staff at our kids. It's really how.
Speaker 3: We develop and grow them to be then Wow.
Speaker 1: That's that's it's an incredible story, the challenges that come and the cheating, death and all of that and being as careful as you can. I noticed that just recently you have a ten year old that you climbed the Matterhorn with and the Swiss Alps back in the fall or late summer, early fall, and now your seven year old has also mounted some some pretty serious climbs. Let's let's talk about the ten year old. First. Matt. Is that his name Matt.
Speaker 4: Sam sam Samuel Samuel Adventure, their oldest.
Speaker 1: Play, Samuel Adventure. Yep, that's that's his that's his legal name.
Speaker 3: Yes, his middle names Adventure.
Speaker 1: That's Great Sam Adventure. Yeah. Tell me about the Matterhorn climb, Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the matter of Its presents captivating mountain in the world. It's definitely the most famous mountain in the world. And it's in Switzerland, and we planned it out for a year in advance, and there's a lot of logistics to pull this off with a kid, and we got within about twelve hundred feet of the summit and hit a turnaround time cut off only by about five minutes.
Speaker 3: But I made the.
Speaker 4: Decision to turn around and even though the day was perfect, we turned around and are actually hoping to go back and.
Speaker 3: Try it again, but we didn't.
Speaker 4: I wanted to teach Sand to respect the mountain first, And it was sad, but a hard decision to, you know, make it right at that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there was a rock fall or something that was endangering him reaching the summit correct.
Speaker 4: Well, well, not necessarily. It's just an arbitrary it's kind of an arbitrary time. But if you if you hit the summit of this mountain at like eleven o'clock in the morning and you can hardly even fly a kite because there's just no weather. But at three pm on the average day, you could have one hundred mile a mile an hour wind in a total white out, And to just get caught in any of that and then get off route on this particular mountain is like for sure going to kill you. And so it's you know, it's just trying to teach Sand respect the mountain and you.
Speaker 3: Know, and to do the right thing.
Speaker 4: And so we're gonna have to get up a few minutes earlier on the next one and be a little more prepared. I was just suffering from shingles, and so I was I was actually kind of the one slow.
Speaker 3: On the stand a little bit.
Speaker 1: Gee, I can't imagine if you're in those in that climate, you're in that environment, you're climbing a mountain, and you're dealing with shingles. I just can't either. Yeah, I can't even imagine dealing with shingles sitting here on the radio right now. I just the pain and the itching and the whole ball of wax.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 3: I didn't sleep one hour of the day before and the night before and just just was just in total agony.
Speaker 4: And yet that was the plan, like we you set these things months in advance, and doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going for it with Joe. I may have misread you have two sons or just Sam.
Speaker 4: I actually have four sons, so i'll give you. I'll run down the name. So I have Sam Adventure. He's ten and he's also the youngest person to climb out kept his hand. Then we have Sylvan light Year, who's just turned eight this week at the Great Wolf Loge with his birthday. That's what we've been talking about for these newest.
Speaker 3: Crazy things we've pulled off.
Speaker 4: Then we have Joey Danger who's five and he's already summoning some mountains. And lastly we got a brand new one named Blaze Wilder, and he's definitely everybody's favorite. He's just this little hand that we carry around and cuddle with, and that's real cute. He's only a couple months old. Wilder is a great radio name. I mean, I wish I'd picked that for my disc jockey name. It's Blaze Wilder right here.
Speaker 1: Oh, so the five the five year old has summited some mountains, she said, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So we started out when they're five. And the first mountain we do is Tingora in the circu of the Towers in Wyoming, and it's a big deal. You have to to hike about eleven miles just to get to this mountain, so's the backpack trip. And then the mountain is massive and it takes a full day of adventure. And what was unique about this last summer is that Sam led the pitches and so he was like the leader. He's, you know, the ten year old leading, and then Sylvan would climb alongside Joey. Sam sets the anchors and then me and Ann set up another system to kind of chaperon the whole thing. And you know it's because Sylvan and Sam had already climbed ping Goora and so it was like, now Joey's turn, and it I'll just kind of came together and we did this epic thing. And what was so hard about that was that my wife was doing it five months pregnant, and so we've got the whole family on top of this really really red mountain.
Speaker 1: So your wife is five months pregnant, and then in the case of the matter horn, you had the shingles. Nothing stops you. People, This is amazing. Tell me a little bit about Anne and your your wife, joe she is.
Speaker 4: She's a special woman. She's like as good as it gets when it comes to having a wife. Like she's she's fun and always up for anything, okay. And we really fell in love climbing a mountain in that same place, in the circuit of the towers on this wall called Wolf's Head, and the two of us and two of the guys got stranded up on this mountain overnight, oh and just shivered, s gibbered all night. And that's when I realized, I said, Man, this is this girl's marriage material. I think, I think you can keep up with this, And soon after that that I was talking to her dad about marrying her.
Speaker 1: What was what was the first mountain you climbed.
Speaker 3: Joe, That's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I climbed the Grand Teton in my hiking boots when I was in high school. I must have been in like tenth grade, and I had a buddy who drove out there with me and we climbed that. That's probably the one that I most remember.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The thing that amazes me is that how you have this inspiration when you're a kid. You just knew. When I was seven years old, I was listening to the radio. I said, you know, that's what I want to do, and thankfully God has allowed me to do that since I was nineteen as a job. All these years later, I look back on it, and I guess know, most people, most people when they're kids, if they have any imagination at all or any ambition at all, have you know, dreams that they want to pursue. And very few of us get to pursue those dreams into our adult lives. But you have. And it's just such an amazing story. Four kids, a wife and plenty of mountains around to climb. Go ahead and talk talk to that if you will.
Speaker 4: Well, I was just gonna say with what you're saying is so true, and I think it's our role as the father, my role as my as the father, I say it. I'm always trying to find that superpower in each of my boys and really kind of figure it out and then help them, like, you know, develop it and you know, because it's like there's potential there, but we've got to develop that thing and build that thing. And that's one of my favorite parts of being of dad is, you know, having those conversations with Ann trying to figure out what is each boy superpower? How can we develop them toward that kind of rock climbing is kind of a prerequisite though it.
Speaker 3: Isn't it isn't necessarily what.
Speaker 4: They have to do in life, but it's just part of our family. But but but yeah, I'm trying to figure that out for each boy.
Speaker 1: Well that's great, that's great. I mean, what's the uh, what's the next goal?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, so first of all, we do one massive Massagi goal for each person or our family each year, and so it's like we always have it, and so to be one of our goals, there's three rules. One, it's got to be really visual, so like we can imagine it being on our wall.
Speaker 3: Which we literally put these on our wall. It's like our house is full of them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Number two, it's it's got to be hard enough that you have to train and work towards your goal a little bit every single day, because if it's not almost impossible, then you're not really going to work at it every day. And then three, well, number three is really important.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's that you can't die. And so we have to have the right training, the right preparation, the right team, and the right plan you know, at the right time of year, uh, and the right weather to pull it off. And so we got to line all that up and not die on the uh on these mountains?
Speaker 2: Who do? So?
Speaker 1: How can people find out more about and learn about your story? This is just an amazing story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean best in follow Sam his follow follow him on Instagram at Samuel Adventure. All of those boys' names. I gave him Instagram accounts and so you can follow any of them. They're also on Facebook and you can also follow me at just the Evermores all right.
Speaker 1: What's your middle name, Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my middle name is Emmett. Uh.
Speaker 4: My parents didn't have as much vision for naming as the God's given me.
Speaker 1: Your parents weren't as creative when it came to middle names. Well, yeah, it's a blast to talking to you. And again, give me Sam's Instagram. What is it?
Speaker 2: Just?
Speaker 4: Sam Adventure, Samuel Adventure, Yamuel. If you put in Sam's Venture, you'll find them.
Speaker 1: What part of the country do you live in, Joe?
Speaker 3: We live in Colorado. This is like Colorado Springs. We think it's like the Holy Land here.
Speaker 1: Great, perfect for mountain climbers.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's why where are you at?
Speaker 1: We're in We're in Cincinnati, Ohio, live just south of downtown on the Kentucky side.
Speaker 4: And it's well, I got I got some vrbos out here if you want to come out to Colorado sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that sounds fun, but I'm probably not going to climb a mountain if I've got shingles.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh man, Well when you don't have it, I'll take you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Joe Evermore and Sam Adventure and uh, the other kid's names, Sam Adventure, Ye, Sylvan light Year.
Speaker 4: Joey Danger, Joey Danger, the Blaze Wilder and that's their name. Their names can be for a whole other program sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks so much, man, this is interesting stuff. Great, great to talk with you. That's Joe Evermore his mountain climbing family out in Colorado. On the Nightcap, back after News with Kevin Wade, who was a show runner for Blue Bloods for the entire run of that television series, one of my favorites. Next on seven hundred WLW if long from the beginning of the show. Fan and devotee of Blue Bloods, the television show it just concluded this fall, and I heard that this guy, along with being a screenwriter and the writer of the new book which we will discuss, Johnny Careless, he was a show runner for Blue Bloods for what eleven seasons. Kevin Wade joins us on the Nightcap. Kevin, it's a pleasure to talk to you. And you know, I have all kinds of questions about Tom Selleck and and Aaron and Danny and all of the rest of the crew, which I know that you came into contact with you had to over eleven years.
Speaker 3: Is the show right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I'll take all of them. Man. I joined Blue Bloods in its first season as a writer, and by the second season, Leonard Goldberg, the creator of the show, asked me to take over as showrunner, which is a nebulous term that I'll explain to your audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Please tell me what a show runner is.
Speaker 2: A showrunner is the head writer and the head diplomat between the writers and the cast, and then his other duties are completely dependent on the tone of the show, the network that it's on, or the streaming service and everything else. So I was sort of chief cook, bottle washer, ed writer, and backseat driver.
Speaker 1: You had a whole lot of titles, wear a lot of hats when you're a showrunner. I get it. Yeah, So tell me a little bit about the dynamics of that cast, because they always appeared to be very close knit. I don't know if it was the Sunday dinners where they would sit at the table and apparently listen to some of the cast members eat for hours or at least pretend to eat for hours. Was it a close knit group? They really? They came through that.
Speaker 2: Way, that's true, and they were, and you know, it becomes when you run that long. We were on for fourteen seasons at around twenty twenty one episodes. This season it was almost three hundred episodes. And when you're playing that, whether it's in a stage play or in a series of motion pictures, or certainly on a fourteen year run, you inhabit your role and their roles were brother, sister, father, grandfather, nephew, so you tended to do that.
Speaker 1: Everybody there was.
Speaker 2: A talented actor who I think felt very blessed to be on that long running train. So it engendered a very nice, very collegiate place to work.
Speaker 1: You also worked as a noted screenwriter. I mean, amongst your credits made in Manhattan, Working Girl, Meet Joe Black, Mister Baseball, True Colors.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: You decided to write a book when the Hollywood writers strike kind of took you off the field. There put you on and everybody everybody off the field, and you had a pandemic. So you had some extra time and decided, I'm going to write a book, Johnny Careless.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was. We were two months into a six month writers and Actors strike in twenty twenty three, and I was so used to being on a network broadcast television schedule, that being, you know, a six and a half day, sixty hour week that I found I was at odds. I didn't know what to do, so I said down, I always wanted to write a book. I will try writing a book, and god knows I had the time. So I finished it pretty quickly. And now it's now I'm on your wonderful radio show talking about a little bit.
Speaker 1: So tell me about Johnny Careless. Johnny Chambless.
Speaker 2: Johnny Chambless is a good guy, but kind of a ne'er do well, way over privileged. He sort of rebel without a clue whose best friend or one of his best friends? Growing up as the son of a cop from an adjacent town, and the story is told in the present day and going back in the past. So we watched these two grow up together in comradeship and in conflict. But on page two of the book, Johnny Chambliss aka Johnny Careless washes up dead on the beach where Jeep Mulane, the hero of the story, where he lives and works.
Speaker 1: Wow, so's you kill off the main character on page two?
Speaker 2: I love it. Character.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, the title character is dead on page two. And it's all about the inner workings of how he got that way. I would imagine.
Speaker 2: It is and it takes place, and you know, like Carl Hyas in writing about Florida, or Dennis Lahane about Boston, or Michael Connolly about Los Angeles, it's very much the setting is one of the characters. The north Shore of Long Island is an old and moneyed and class conscious area of metropolitan New York and so for a guy like Jeep Mulane, who grew up the son of a cop in a lower middle class neighborhood, mixing with these folks became an exercise in kind of straddling the fence when he was growing up. And now he's bounced back after being in ny D cop to being a local police chief. So it's as much the story of a guy with his nose pressed to the glass looking in, and yet at the same time he's also the authority. So it's kind of goes back and forth across those divisions.
Speaker 1: It's a very interesting dynamic. Talking to Kevin Wade, the author of Johnny Careless and showrunner as I mentioned, for Blue Bloods ever since their first season, and a screenwriter, did you have any particularly favorite I mean, I guess they're all your babies when you're writing something and creating something for the screen. Do you have a favorite of the ones that I mentioned that Joe Black The Working Girl.
Speaker 2: Well that's a great you know. I think Working Girl because it was it was the first screenplay I wrote, and I was, I think thirty two, and all of a sudden, Mike Nichols was directing it, and Harrison Ford and Sigourney Weaburn and me Any Griffith were in it, and I kind of went from zero to sixty in a way that was head spinning, but certainly in the rear view mirror, a wonderful time in my life. I loved working on Blue Bloods all those years. Oh it's a cliche and show business that you become a family, but if you're fourteen years with the same crew and cast, you really kind of do. There's marriages and divorces and babies and deaths and all of it. So I would say that those were those were the highlights.
Speaker 1: You think Bridget moynihan was jealous of Tom Brady's success.
Speaker 2: I will be right back after this and no, I can answer that very easily. Absolutely not. I think she was happy for Tom Brady's success, and she is very happy for her own success and the wonderful the success of the wonderful sun Jack that they have together.
Speaker 1: That's why I love that. Will be right back, I tell you what. That's a cue for me because I need to take a quick break and we will come back and I've got some more very intense questions about Blue Bloods, and we'll cover how you got started doing this in the first place. I know that you said that The Working Girl was your first screenplay, but we'll figure out what the genesis of you writing screenplays was when we return with Kevin Wade on the night Cap on seven hundred WLW. We're back talking with Kevin Wade on seven hundred WLW Garry Jeff And like I said at the top, I've been looking forward to this interview for a long time as a and I'm still watching the darn reruns, Kevin, I can't even you know. Ion runs a full day a marathon of Blue Bloods every Wednesday, and if I'm home on a Wednesday, I know what I'm going to be watched on TV if I'm watching TV at all. So I've got to ask you what was what was the thing that got you into screenwriting in the first place? What had your background been? But what have you been doing before that? You were thirty two, you told me when Working Girl came out and you wrote the screenplay for that. What had Kevin Wade been doing before that?
Speaker 2: I dropped out of college when I was nineteen and moved to New York to become an actor. New York mostly cast me as a bartender, so by the time I was twenty five, I could not quite figure out a path. But I knew that I'd been in a lot of pretty bad plays and it looked like the playwright was having a good time. So I wrote a play called Key Exchange, which is in I think nineteen eighty one. Audiences liked it and critics liked it, so I kind of had a career as a playwright before I got into screenwriting. I had three plays done in New York that had some success, and then Hollywood knocked in the form of a guy named Doug Wick who produced a bunch of movies, including Gladiators one and two. Gladiator two was just out, and I did Working Girl, and then I had about fifteen years of writing screenplays and then one day the movie phone stopped ringing. As it does, they just don't tell you in advance, and I looked around for another job, and there was television and a lot of my friends were working there, and I'd worked with Leonard Goldberg and Tom Selleck. So when they were in New York just beginning to film Blue Bloods, I went in to say hi and meet them and kind of started as a writer on that pretty much the next day.
Speaker 1: Amazing's funny the parallels, even though I've not written any hit TV shows or big movies. I dropped out of college at night team to become a disc jockey, and today I do talk and I'm a bartender as well. Not playing a bartender. I actually play a bartender in real life.
Speaker 2: So you know what, it's my second favorite job. Do you enjoy doing it?
Speaker 1: I do? I enjoy. Let me put it this way. I think the perfect job is the one where you enjoy going to work and you enjoy leaving work. You know what I mean, when the job is done, you're ready to after eight hours. I'm not hanging out at the bar. I'm not taking I'm not taking that free shot or two from the customers who want to buy me one. I'm like, I'm headed home. I've had eight hours here, I'm done. Yeah, And in this job, I love coming to do radio and when it's done, I love going home. And the only reason I don't, I don't totally leave it behind, is because when I'm off, I'm booking this show, because I booked my own shows.
Speaker 2: So anyway, well, you got a full day every day, man, But I hear you and listen. Going Blue Bloods was a sixty hour week and a lot of time on sentence up. But I felt the same way I was with everybody. I had a great time and I'll see you all Monday.
Speaker 1: Were Jamie and Eddie all was supposed to be a couple. From the very inception of putting them together as partners. Did that enter the minds of people immediately and they just waited for the characters to develop, and finally, you know, here they are. They're married.
Speaker 2: And it's a great question, but it was kind of the opposite. We never it's kind of a frowned upon, shall we say, for partner, you know, ride along partners in a radio car to become personally involved. It was the chemistry between those two actors Vanessa Ray and will Esti's and when watched it grow over the seasons and thought we'd be leaving so much gold on the table if we don't take this down that run. So it was a very it was a fun and satisfying part of the arc of the show.
Speaker 1: You can say this about a lot of television crime dramas or police dramas, But we had a Fraternal Order Police president.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I asked him one time, I said, what do you think of blue Bloods? And he said, I like blue Bloods, Only Danny shoots too many people. He said, like, because most cops, you know, they'll tend ninety percent of police officers never draw their weapon in like a thirty year career. I've talked to cop after cop about this, and I guess just for the sake of keeping the viewer riveted to this and there's danger around every corner, and Danny, Danny likes to he likes to pull out his weapon and use it, and it's fun for me to watch.
Speaker 2: You're one hundred right on that factoid. It is it's an even higher percentage that never once draw their weapons in their entire career. The thing about television or movies is it's just not quite as compelling to watch a cop not draw his weapon. So we aired on that side of making it hopefully compelling and you know, tense entertainment rather than a documentary. That way.
Speaker 1: The character of Henry Reagan, played by Lenn Carew just an incredible actor, and the fact that he was able to sustain at his age, the ability were there special things they had to do for Lenn, just because I'm getting up an age and I noticed that as the show progressed too, there were more and more scenes with Tom sitting down and not being real active walking in anything. I mean, what kind of concessions do you have to make for older actors when you're writing and and blocking a scene and all of that.
Speaker 2: Well, really, for I'll answer the first part first, lend zero concessions. He is to this day a very spry guy who many times during our run was moonlighting at night doing a one or two man show off Broadway. So he's an indomitable kind of force of nature and a national treasure and certainly a treasure in the New York theater for Tom. Listen, it's a long day. You're moving locations, you're moving around you're walking a lot, and by the nature of the police commissioner in real life, he is not running down alleys with a gun out, He is not chasing bad guys. He is a CEO of thirty five thousand cops and most of the time and you see a CEO's either standing before some microphones or sitting for some form of a CNBC interview. So that was just we were just stating we didn't make concessions for either of them. Both. I think lenn Is eighty four, eighty five. Tom just turned eighty a couple of weeks ago. So these guys are in phenomenal shape and phenomenal professionals, don't. You don't need to do anything for them. They just bring it.
Speaker 1: Kevin, you mentioned earlier six and a half days a week, sixty hours a week, and people don't get that. You know, we see it in its edited forms. There's an hour of network television, probably forty four minutes without commercials, and we think that, you know, they're cutting this, and it's just you know, it's it's it's it's it's a it's no problem. But it's a really a lot, really a lot of hard work goes into a television production like it.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of hard work. As David Linderman used to say, though it's indoor work with no heavy lifting, I mean it's it's it's a great job, but yeah, it's hard work, long hours, and part of the hard work is making sure that the audience just sees the entertainment and not the sausages being made behind the scene.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the book is Johnny Careless, the author is Kevin Wade. It has been my extreme pleasure to have this opportunity to talk about one of my favorite television shows of all time, which you were a huge part of from the beginning, and I just wish you great success with Johnny Careless.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, man, it's been great to be with your great talking to you all right.
Speaker 1: Same here it's Kevin Wade on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW is still a whole lot more ahead after this if we're an international flair tonight on the show, because this guest is from the National Council of Resistance of Iran. As we all know, Iran has been at the center of state sponsored terrorism in the Middle East and around the globe four decades. Ever since the Molas and the Iatolas took control of that country in the coup of nineteen seventy nine and took over our American embassy and imprisoned American citizens as hostages for four hundred and forty four days before being released at the inauguration basically of President Ronald Reagan in the early nineteen eighties. But Iran never went away as a threat not only to the world but to its own people. To address that for the next few minutes tonight, Alisa Jeffizada, who is with the National Council of Resistance of Iran, and there are changes of foot and maybe Al Risa will be able to help us fill in the blanks here what those changes have been, even recently within the last week or so, with protests in other countries like Paris, where there are a lot of Iranian refugees that have fled down regime and other people who have been severely influenced negatively by the actions of the Iranian government. Alarisa Jeffersarda, Welcome to the Nightcap. How are you, sir?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much a great introduction. I think you put things into contexts. Let me start with the last part that you said that there was a huge rally of thousands, perhaps as many as twenty thousand Iranians, mostly in Paris, who actually showed up on the anniversary of the nineteen seventy nine genuine revolution that was stolen by the clerics and the protesters in Paris. They demanded another revolution, which would this time get rid of the clerics who stole the first solution. And they said rejecting the dictatorship of the shot, rejecting which was the single party rule and had.
Speaker 5: The secret police Sabak that went put intellectuals in jail and killed them, but also rejecting the current theocracy that is not only repressive against its own people, but it's actually the head of.
Speaker 3: The snake of war and terror in the whole region. And they have been like that for over four decades. And they said the future of Iran belongs to the people of Iran. Who want a free Iran, a democratic von, a republic form of government where the vote of the people counts. They want separation of religion and state. Whatever your religion is that has to be separate from governance. They want freedom of religion, gender equality. They enter the killings in Iran. They want peace in the Middle East, the free market economy, and and non nuclear republic Iran. And that rally highlighted the leadership of the movement for this change that is actually headed by a woman, missus Madiam Rajavi. She's a Muslim leader who is viminely opposed to the Islamic fundamentalist mentality of the Molas that has turned everything in the wrong direction. And she has introduced a ten point plan based on some of the points that I just mentioned that has gained a tremendous support in Europe, about four thousand parliamentarians from various countries in Europe, but also the majority of the House and the Senate here in the United States. That's the kind of future that we like to see, and that's the kind of future that would impact in a positive way the whole region, but also Western nations, whether it's Europe or the United States.
Speaker 1: Ally, Resa, can you tell me a little bit about yourself, your background, your family, and your connection to all of this go back?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, yes, you know, I was born and raised in Iran, and I went to college there, but then I came to the United States to continue my education, to get my you know, bachelors and the Masters and all of that, majoring in engineering. But soon after I found out that just about all of my close friends, including my best best friend in high school and other colleagues that I knew at college, they were murdered by the Iran regime. One one close friend that we just you know, walked together to school, sat next to each other in high school all the time. His name was Addi Ali Kafuri. He was killed by the regime along with his wife, who was pregnant at the time of murder execution, and their one year old dog. There all four of them actually, one onborn baby, one little one year old old baby, and the you know, he and his wife. And that really impacted me because he was the best person I do. I knew how committed he was to freedom, and that changed my life in thinking, like, you know, nothing is going to really go in the right direction unless we get rid of the iatolas. And that got me involved in the political activities here, trying to raise awareness and focusing on not only the situation inside the country, but also the terrorism pursued by the regime their nuclear weapons program. And you know, I was involved in exposing you know, major nuclear sites of Iran that it was our revelation in August of two thousand and two about the major nuclear side that no one knew about it that got the fur for the first time the UN Nuclear watchdog known as the IAEA to start inspecting the Iranian nuclear sites. That led to eventually to six UNS Security Council resolutions against the regime. And so that's really my story. My story is really very small and compared to all of the people who really have been in the forefront of the opposition to dietology. You know, as many as thirty thousand political prisoners, most of them belonging to this movement, just in the summer of nineteen eighty eight were massacred by the then Supreme Leader Romani, who ordered them all killed because their way of thinking, their ideology, their mentality was exactly the opposite of the Islamic extremists. They believed in democracy and freedom. And as many as one hundred and twenty thousand who have been killed since eighty one, nineteen eighty one for their political briefs. So but the good thing, the good news is that the general public in Iran, especially the younger generation, have totally rejected this regime. In its entirety. There have been nine rounds of major uprisings in Iran since twenty eighteen, people asking and demanding for change in Iran, and that's definitely going to happen because no dictator has ever been able to stay there and the same power by just killing people or terrorizing the region. And now is the opportunity and the time for the United States, for Europe and other nations to stand on the side of people inside the Brandon people as they bring about change.
Speaker 1: Alarisa jeffer Zada and I'm still working on the name. I will get it right by the end of the interview. Alersa Alarsa, I promise. But it was so wild to see the pro Hamas demonstrations in our country at the college campus level. And then there were all these other groups who were out during these pro Hamas protests, which course Hamas funded by Iran. We know this as well as Hezbollah and the Huti rebels and all the rest of the trouble causers and the death merchants in the Middle East. The money flows from Iran for the most part. To see gays for Hamas, what would happen to an outwardly gay person in your home country of Iran, Alarisa.
Speaker 3: Well to understand what would happen to you know, some minorities or people who are not deemed appropriate by the Iran regime. Just look at the people who are straight, look at the people who actually must them. They don't have, you know, just because of their political beliefs, just because they are opposed to the Iran regime. They get murdered and executed every day. So you know, this is a regime that doesn't represent the people of Iran, doesn't represent you know, any any items under the You and Human Rights Charter, none of that. And it needs to uh to be to be overthrown by the by the people of Iran. And so for for that purpose, remember I mentioned, you know, the head of the snake of war and terror lives in Tehran. And it's not a new phenomena. The Iran a regime whoe has been a creator and funder and trainer of Hezbollah and and all the money and resources for them in Lebanon came from Tehran. Hassan Nasla, who is now dead, was the head of the HESBO Law. He said that everything we have, all the money and resources we have comes from Tehran. The same situation with the Huti if you just mentioned that who were targeting the shipping in the Red Sea. Uh, they they were all basically nurtured by the run regime. Look at the the SAD militias, how they were dominating their Iraq and the regime was doing all of those things not out of the point of strength. It was an actual act of desperation. They felt that unless they have these proxies, who would do the fighting for them or creating what they call strategic depths, meaning like pushing the problem to the region. So they have they give, they give money and resources for the their proxies to do the fighting on their behalf so they can stay safe in Iran. The reality is that all of that game is now over.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The regime's clouds in the region has been significantly diminished. They've lost, you know, much of their proxya power.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 3: Their their closest ally in the region, Bachelor Asset in Syria, which Tehrans spent at least fifty billion dollars if not more to keeping in power over the years, and by you know, by allocating about one hundred thousand of their proxy forces, including Hesba law to keep outside in power. In a matter of eleven days late last year, it was all gone and Basalt Basha acid is overthrown, so that cloud is gone. Inside Iran, the people are rejecting it. This organized resistance known that that they have what they call resistance units inside Iran that are mostly young people who are you know, who are courageous confronting the revolutionary guards in different sectors and burning the pictures of Hamony and Gostom so let Money and those terror masters, showing the Unian people that this regime is not ten feet tall. They have their own vulnerabilities and their weaknesses, that they only stay in power through sheer repression. All of that has created the situation that, you know, this regime has never been so weak, This regime has never been so vulnerable. And that's why when the United States and Europe and others tried to hold the regime accountable instead of rewarding them for their hostage taking, when you hold them accountable, you impose sanctions, You put maximum pressure policy in place that would significant release, shake the regime, create space for the organized opposition to do the job of overthrowing the regime, which is the sole responsibility of the people of Iran. There's no need for boots on the ground or appropriating money. The people of Iran will take care of it. They were confronted ilusion guards and that's where we need to really put the focus and inform the public about it well.
Speaker 1: Putting this maximum pressure on the government of Iran. And as you know Alarsa, President Trump just reinstated maximum pressure as far as sanctions on Iranian oil that was allowed to go on for four years under the Biden administration, which and you saw what that wrought. Iran had money, the government had money coming back in to fund the Mullas and Iatolas and their terrorism, and now that money has cut off. They were almost broke when Biden took office, and they were enabled to enrich themselves so they could continue this death and destruction throughout the region to solidify their power. What do you think the percentages are within Iran of people who go along with the Mullas and the Islamic jihad islamis terrorism and the rest of the citizenry. Is it like a ten ninety split or how is that split? You say there's growing resistance, how big is it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the percentage. In my view, I did a lot of indications out of even smaller than that. You only have. You know, Iran is a big country. We have now close to ninety million population, tremendous resources and everything. But it's really the regime is now limited only to.
Speaker 7: Its repressive forces and revolution guards and the besiege forces, the military that they have created and the band of clerics who rule the country and are backed by those revlution guards.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's not a large portion. But of course they had the control of the country. They have the the you know, the guns and everything, like all the dictators in the weapon exactly, and like all the dictators, you know that they seem invincible until the day they fall. And that's you know, look at Celia Basha Assad who thought in eleven days the whole thing is going to collapse. And Assad's army wasn't just like a pin prick. You know that they they had perhaps one of the most powerful army in the hot world, and yet it could it couldn't sustain when you have the waves going against you, the tsunami of the population, but also the whole thing that's been generated in the region against the Islamic extremists against the Iranan regime that would have its own impact.
Speaker 1: That's why the.
Speaker 3: Regime is in it's backfoot the revlution guards. No matter you know, how much money and resources and gun they have, they will not be able to sustain themselves as they the way they were doing before. The regime is relying heavily on developing nuclear weapons, hoping that by getting the bomb, the nuclear bomb, that would help them you know, dominate, but also most important, they help them stay in power. They're they're just you know, speeding up the process. That's why we had a lot of efforts and disregards in the past, but just this past month and January thirty first, actually we had a major press conference in washing and showing how the regime is actually speeding up developing nuclear warheads.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: So that's why it's so important that the outside world, whether it's the United States or Europe, understand that not only this regime must be held accountable, but the prospect for change has never been so great that there is tremendous potential for change, and there is an alternative contrary to what the regime wants to say. Oh, there's no alternative, you know, I'm in power. I'm in charge. Look, I've been in charge for the forty plus years. Nothing can shape me. Well, that's not the reality. The reality is that this regime is shaking. The people have been protesting against the regime. The organized this isn't so powerful. They just have this speak rally as I mentioned, and in Paris, you know, thousands of people showed up calling for change, urging the European capitals, urging the United States everywhere to stand firm against the regime. Don't give in, don't give the concessions to the Iran regime. That policy of appeasement over the years has been very destructive, not just against the people of Iran, but for the whole region because it actually enabled the regime to stay in power. That needs to end.
Speaker 1: Now, tell me about the organization real quickly and how people can find out more about the nc R.
Speaker 3: I yes, you know. The NCR is actually a coalition of various groups of personalities that was formed in nineteen eighty one that it actually acts as the parliament in exile. It has some of the member organizations have network inside Iran. That's the same network that acts as the engine for change in Iran, that they're organizing protests that are exposing the nuclear size of Iran and their terror operations have gained tremendous momentum. And this parliament in exile has a ten point platform for the future of Iran. Now you can you know, we are the office of that parliament and XR here in Washington. People can visit our website or look at our social media tools and find ways to to help. Our website is U n c R I U S dot org and c r US dot org and all of our social media platforms have the handle including Twitter or x at n c R I U S. You can follow us, you can get update about that, and then when we have activities, they can you know, help participate. They can also reach out to their members of Congress asking members of Congress to support you know this, this movement to support the ten point plan of missus Rajavi support changing all.
Speaker 1: Right, ala Resa, thank you so much and uh I like your positive attitude. There is hope for Iran and for the world because of this movement, and thank you again for being on the show tonight. For us is the Gaza strip and President Trump, of course saying the Palestinians should leave Gaza and permanently. Oh, he wants them to actually be out permanently. But in other conversations he said, well, Palestinians could live there, Jews could live there, anybody could live there, and the US will take over the strip. Another big broad brush stroke by President Trump. He's famous for him. And again to discuss this for a few minutes, kenneth O. Bromo, which author of the Multi Front War Defending America from Political Islam, China, Russia, pandemics, and racial strife. Oh my, Ken, do you think this is a viable plan that Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: Has Well, I think he just threw this. It's like a hand grenade in the Middle Age. I think he just threw this out and I didn't do all the thinking behind it, because this hadn't been a known idea that was in the think tank circles and in the political circles.
Speaker 2: I think it's very bold.
Speaker 6: And creative on his part, and I think he's obviously trying to induce change. And they're basically saying, if you various parties can't get your act together, I'll get your act together for you.
Speaker 1: Right, And he's asked Egypt and Jordan, who have since rejected this call to let the Palestinians into their country while the Gaza is being rebuilt and you're got to clear away all the explosives. I mean, it's just a big pile of rubble now thanks to Hamas and their attack on Israel on October seventh, do you believe just I mean, it's hard to know hindsight's twenty twenty, but do you believe truly that this attack by Hamas into Israel would not have occurred if President Trump had been in office on October seventh of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would agree with them that wouldn't have happened because the bad guys were I would say.
Speaker 9: Half afraid of Trump.
Speaker 6: They were not afraid of Biden at all. But Trump is very unpredictable, and although Americans might criticize them for being unpredictable, being unpredictable actually is an asset relative to your enemies, because your enemy is never sure what he's going to do to you. And so I agree it wouldn't have happened. But under Biden it was clear sailing ahead for the enemies, and so Amas works for Iran and they saw a golden opportunity to create chaos.
Speaker 1: What's ironic about it? What's ironic to me about Egypt and Jordan rejecting these people. That's exactly where the quote unquote and I'm doing air quotes here Palestinians on the Gaza came from. They were refugees from those countries who did not want them in their country. They still do not want them in their country because they I wouldn't say they're an evil people by any means. They're human beings, but they make really really bad decisions for leadership, and they don't want that Islamist kind of lilt fomenting in their own countries. That's a genuine concern, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, the.
Speaker 6: So called Palestinians create problems wherever they are. But by the way, if you go back one hundred years ago, the so called Palestinians were actually Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrian and Jordanians, yeah, who moved into what we was called Palestine at the time we now call Israel.
Speaker 2: And because there.
Speaker 6: Were jobs, as the Jews moved back one hundred hundred and fifty years ago, that there were jobs, and so the Arabs moved in, so there was no such thing as Palestinians, and to the extent they were Palestinians, there was the Jews. Then in nineteen forty eight everyone stopped using the term Palestinian and.
Speaker 2: Used the term Asraeli.
Speaker 6: And in nineteen sixty four Russia with their KGB invented the word or reinvented the word Palestinian and applied it to the Arabs to create the illusion that they'd been there forever.
Speaker 1: There's no Palestinian language or culture. Necessarily, they're just Arab people who were called Palestinians, which was a name that Rome initially coined just to rub it in the eye of the Jews and anyone else in that region, because Palestine sounded a lot like the Philistines, which were natural enemies of the Jewish people. Am I good on that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 6: From the Roman point of view, it was a derogatory way of saying that Israel didn't exist, or the Jews didn't exist, and they were Palestine. And then it became a good name. In the last when the Jews started returning, they were called themselves Palestinians, and then it became a good name, so to speak. From eighteen fifty to nineteen forty eight, and after that one hundred year period when Israel was formed, then everyone changed the names of Palestine or Palestinians, and everyone said, well, now I'm in Israeli and everyone forgot about the term Palestinian until the KGB very smart medivil a group of people who resurrected the word Palestine and then applied it to the Arabs. And it was a basically identity theft, and that continues to the day.
Speaker 1: If you had a guest, Ken, if the president continues to persist that this is a viable idea, if you had a guess, who do you think if anyone in the Middle East will step forward and assist with this rebuild of Gaza? Most likely.
Speaker 6: There's a two step process. First, there's a military issue. Who's going to clean out Gaza? Who's going to clean out Kamas? Well, there's only one country in the world capable of doing that and willing to do that, and that's Israel.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, hello, Ken, Well are you there? Ken? Ken? Hello? I think I think we've lost Ken.
Speaker 2: Ken.
Speaker 1: Are you there? I hear the noise? Hello, Ken, I'm here? Are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's continue then Israeli is the only one, the only country that has the resolve and the resources to root out Hamas of Gaza and finish, and they've got to be allowed to finish their job. And the previous administration wasn't helpful in Israel finishing this job. And I think that President Trump obviously is going to be very helpful. You saw the visit with Nettan Yahoo last week, and net and Yaoho really didn't blink when the President talked about the US buying and taking over the Gaza strip. He just sat there and listened, like the rest of us.
Speaker 6: Pleasantly surprised with this bold, creative idea. But it's sort of unwritten but implied is that Israel will get all the hostages that it can get until the negotiations break down, and those can break down any day because you're dealing with a criminal, terrible criminal. I call death celts comans death CLT, so you never know, but you get back as many hostages as humanly possible, and then sending the IDF soldiers to eliminate all the Kamas people walk, stock and barrel. They have to be eliminated, their death culped they are menaced They're menaced everybody, including, by the way, the Arabs who live in Gaza. The number one victim of Kamas is actually the Arabs who live in Gaza.
Speaker 1: Well, Donald Trump was successful in eliminating the ISIS caliphate in Syria and Iraq. Uh, So what what role will we play as Israel finishes the job there?
Speaker 6: Well, America supplies Israel with about two thirds of its weapons, so I would say thinking of it as the joint venture. America supplies the weapons in Israel. You the weapons, right, and drives out the bad guys uh, and has to drive them into unconditional surrender. The lesson we learned from World War Two is bad guys stop being bad guys after they unconditionally surrender.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You know, I've heard other people suggest that, you know, uh, there's no way to finish it. But what about a new generation that is seeing this in the Gaza and becomes radicalized after there's an unconditional surrender.
Speaker 2: Well, look what we.
Speaker 6: Did things in history, but look what we did in World War two a conditional surrender. We also took over their schools for about ten years and re educated the population. No one wants to think about that. Things like that anymore. But that's what we did, and that's what we would have to do this time too.
Speaker 1: I would think so well. Kenneth Abramowitz, thank you very much for your time today, and hopefully we'll we'll find a better phone line next time.
Speaker 3: But it's OK.
Speaker 1: It's been great to have you though. Thanks again.
Speaker 6: Yes, and everyone should listen to my website or watch my website Savethwest dot com if they want more information.
Speaker 1: Save the West dot com. Kenneth Abramowitz, thank you again, sir, have a wonderful ill you bet. It's the nightcap on seven hundred WLW my ministries out in Washington State, which Washington State has been making news not good news, with trying to restrict parents from knowing what their kids are doing at school. That's a subject for an entirely different discussion. But tonight Pastor Bilts and I are talking about how this this hostage swap, or the release of the hostages in Gaza and the release of all of these criminal prisoners that Israel has been holding is just inviting another October seventh. Israel once released the mastermind of those attacks in their so called peace deal, and Pastor Bilts doesn't say this doesn't see that this looks like a peace fee, a peace deal, or a cease fire. It looks like more trouble ahead for Israel and the rest of the Middle East. So Pastor Bilts, welcome to the show, and thank you for coming on. God bless you well, bless you.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much Gary for having me on.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Pastor Bilts, if you are not familiar with him, or have not listened to the program for a while, correctly predicted there would be some terror attacks here in US soil before President Trump's inauguration. He made that prediction just days before the apparently homegrown radicalized terrorists from Texas drove his car through Bourbon Street, killing fourteen and injuring scores of others. And I was just astounded when I heard the report, woke up that morning and heard what had happened in the French Quarter, New Orleans the night before, like three o'clock in the morning. I've just my mouth dropped open because Mark and I had just had this discussion about these little many terror attacks that were going to be occurring, predicted through through you know, biblical prophecy, and then we had the Tesla fire in Las Vegas where the guy blew himself in the car up to make some kind of a demonstration. But I talked to Mark immediately after that, you may remember, and he said, well, there's plenty more happening and plenty more to come. So let's talk about plenty more to come now, Mark, if you don't mind, what what do you know from the signs in the sky and what the scriptures say?
Speaker 11: Well, I can tell you from the signs of the sky what the scriptures say. When you get on God's timeline, there's something that is so prophetically huge that's going to happen on June second. Everyone needs to mark their calendar June second through fourth, because that is when the United Nations is meeting to promote.
Speaker 10: A two state solution.
Speaker 11: You could go to the United Nations website and it talks about the peaceful settlement of the question of Palestine, and so the whole thing is about one thing for all, bringing peace in the Middle East. What's important about that day, and this is why you can understand the times.
Speaker 10: When you're on the biblical calendar.
Speaker 11: It is Savon six on the biblical calendar, Savan six was Pentecost.
Speaker 10: Most people don't know that.
Speaker 11: Jews kept Pentecost back when Moses climbed Mount Sinai and received the commandments and the promise for the Promised Land.
Speaker 3: It is on that very day that God married.
Speaker 10: Or went into covenant with Israel.
Speaker 11: And that's the day the UNNA is going to say Israel has no part. And so whether you like or don't like Trump, everything is going to come down to that day. I know a lot of his cabinet, they all opposed the two state solution. Prophetically, this is going to be the biggest event in prophetic history.
Speaker 10: Is what happens to you N this June second.
Speaker 1: Well, the u N, it's one of those organizations that I said, yeah, well u N is a right term because they are unnecessary and they are unhelpful.
Speaker 10: In all of the United United Nothing.
Speaker 1: United Nothing. Yeah, very very good. And you know it's it's a bunch of globalists who you know, are smack dab in the face of what God wants for his people. I believe is this global monopoly on power on people on the world. You know, this is this obviously sets up some kind of end time scenario according to biblical prophecy. Whether you're going by revelation or even even before in the book, and I mean, Donald Trump is talking about the US taking over the Gaza Strip, And I asked Kennethan Bromowitz about that, Pastor Bilts, what are your thoughts on the possibility of the United States being in charge of taking control of that strip of land and helping Israel rebuild it for Israel.
Speaker 11: It all comes down to semantics and what I mean by that. If Trump wants to own it, like he wants to own Greenland or own Canada, it's not a good thing. But if we're going to administer it, it's a great thing. I think they're nothing better than to have the United States manage it under Israeli sovereignty.
Speaker 2: That's the key.
Speaker 11: It has to be under Israeli sovereignty. It can't be a two state solution that's the United States.
Speaker 10: And Israel versus Hamas in Israel.
Speaker 11: If it's that kind of situation, it's a bad deal prophetically. So that's why I'm interested to see how this folds.
Speaker 9: But I think that.
Speaker 10: The biggest problem that the UN is going to happen at this meeting.
Speaker 11: You can't make peace with someone who wants to kill you.
Speaker 2: It is so stupid.
Speaker 3: This is not a.
Speaker 11: Laand issue, it's a religious issue, and so the State Department is just clueless. But I'm glad Trump is also exposing all of the fraud and everything else going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no question with USAID and these other agencies that are not working on behalf of the American people, they're only lining someone else's pockets. I describe about ninety percent of foreign aid as nothing but money laundering, because I truly believe that's what that is. If you look at some of the expenses that have been doled out in the past, and hopefully there's a some way there's a stop to that, either legislatively or through the President's executive branch. But Pastor Bilts, what about these swaps ups that Israel is making with Hamas, with the Palestinian prisoners that are being let out. There are murderers, they are terrorists, mass murderers. Yeah yeah, tell me why this sets Israel up for another October seventh. It seems pretty obvious, But just explain a little bit further if you can.
Speaker 11: Sure because of this, you know, Sea, I definitely wouldn't call it a peace plant. But this cease fire, I've seen videos where hundreds and hundreds of trucks are now entering Gaza with humanitarian aid so called. Many of them are fuel trucks that Hamas is going to now have fuel to continue rockets and bombs and everything else. But what they're doing, they're coming during all the food trucks literally shooting any Gaza civilian who tries to get access that they controlled the food, they sell it to the Gauza citizens. But what's really horrible is they are literally telling the families you only get food if your son joins TOMAS, and so they're using it as a way to manipulate the people. And they've already had like sixteen oh no, about twenty thousand more terrorists.
Speaker 3: They lost twenty.
Speaker 10: They just gained twenty through this peace deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a piece deal at all. See you're saying that on June second or June second, of June fourth is going to be pivotal with how this plays out because of the UN's decision. We do have the right to revoke that decision, don't we as a country and as a voting member of the UN Security Council.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, right right, yeah, we can stop this two state solution. Push and prophetically in Zechariah one, Zakariyah is shown a vision and it has to do with the red.
Speaker 10: Horse, which means war in revelation. But when he sees a vision of these four horns, and Zachariah says, what are they?
Speaker 12: And God basically says, these are the four entities who's sole purpose is to divide the land of Israel. Well, I believe those four entities are the quartets that began in two thousand and one with the sole purpose of dividing the.
Speaker 10: Land of Israel, and that consists of the UN.
Speaker 3: The EU, the US.
Speaker 10: And Russia.
Speaker 11: And then comes these four craftsmen to cut off the four horns, and zachariss, what are these? And he says, these are for my minished expirit who is going to bring terror.
Speaker 9: To every one of these entities.
Speaker 10: That vote to divide my land.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope, I hope We're not one of those those four entities. That's for sure.
Speaker 11: I know, I know, and I'm so thrilled that all of Trump's appointees are against the.
Speaker 10: Two state solution.
Speaker 11: We just have to hope and see what happens is June second through fourth.
Speaker 1: It is just huge, Yeah, absolutely, well, I hope we'll have the opportunity to talk before then and then afterwards too and find out found out where we're at on the biblical timeline. Pastor Mark Builts Elshadai Ministries, thank you so much for your time, as always, my friend, thank you all right, God bless We continue on the nightcap right after this senatorial candidate, former congressman from Ohio and a very successful businessman in his own right, Jim Rineesi once again on the show Jim Good Evening. We had the news today the Jim Trussell, former Ohio state head coach, has been named the new lieutenant governor under Mike DeWine. And just get your thoughts on that real quickly.
Speaker 8: Gary, Gary, again, thanks for having me on. And it's an interesting turn of events. I mean, there have been a lot of people as I travel the state that have said they'd love to see Jim Trussell be the next governor. But I wasn't expecting this, and I'm sure a lot of your listeners weren't expecting it either. This actually moves him into a position that if he really did want to run for governor, he'd kind of be in the pole position in the sense of having a little on the job training for the next couple of years, and at the same time getting to know the donors, a donor base and being able to get more acquainted with that position in Ohio. So it's an interesting turn of events and maybe what people wanted inside that Columbus beltwagh.
Speaker 1: It's a part of me, and I know that the ship sailed Jim, but part of me kind of as you mentioned, getting to know the donors in the donor base. American politics is so all about the money, even though Kamala Harris spent twice as much as Donald Trump and to no avail. You got to have the money obviously to make an impact and to make a successful run. But it's kind of sad. It's not the way I envisioned or maybe the what the founders had in mind. Is there way too much money in our politics in this country today.
Speaker 8: Well, I do believe there is. And it's sad because good people can't win. And I know they get mad when I say this, because they'll say, oh, they'll pick one person here or one person there that's been able to win with you know, a shock or race, but they're few and far between. And let's face it, what you really need is name id, money and a message. And that's what Kamala Harris didn't have, believe it or not, a lot of people didn't know who she was. They didn't know what her message was. She had some name id.
Speaker 2: That really hurt her.
Speaker 8: Everybody knows who President Trump is, they know what his message was, and he had the money, so it became apparent. Those are the kind of things you need to win in politics. But it also stops that person who's probably in many cases, and I'm talking about President Trump when I say this, but in many cases that it's more qualified than the person with money, message or name id from really getting in and winning.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: When the Supreme Court ruled that corporations were people or you know that the ruling that said that, you know, as far as campaign donations went. What I have a hard time with as well, is the money that comes in for out of from out of state for a state race. There is so much what they call dark money that you know, it's like the old fashioned carpet bagging we had after the Civil War in this country, but we have so much money flooding in from outside the sphere of influence where people are actually voting and what affects their lives, And I don't know if there's any way to address that ultimately.
Speaker 8: Well, and you're exactly right, and in many cases it's coming from outside the And look, you can't compete anymore in a Senate race unless you get money outside the state. It's one of the reasons why we ended up having Bernie Marino and Sharon Brown spending a tremendous amount of money, all coming from out of state trying to attempt to decide who the next Ohio Senator was versus the Ohio money really was not enough, And in many cases, the Ohio money is not enough to actually win a governor's race or a Senate race. You have to have influence from the outside because there is so much money coming in from the outside, and a lot of that does come down to the special interest and the money that's now allowed to be spent by corporations and outside interests.
Speaker 1: The question is, why do you need to spend all that money on a campaign for a job that's only going to net you what one hundred and eighty thousand dollars a year or whatever the total is for a state rep or a US Senator. The salary is not what makes these people wealthy beyond their current means. Where does that money come from?
Speaker 13: Yeah, and it ends up being power.
Speaker 8: It's the power. It's the want for the power. It's the want to be able to fly around and go to the super Bowl as the US senator. Remember, every US Senator, every governor probably could have got an instant walk into this super Bowl. I was thinking about that last night. I was watching all these political people going to the super Bowl, and I think those are the kind of things that are important to a lot of people that already have money, but they don't have that ability to just walk right into many places. And I think that's what drives people in many cases to wanting these jobs. It's it's not actually to serve. It's about the power that it comes with it.
Speaker 13: And by the way, why do you need money. I'll tell you an interest.
Speaker 8: When I ran against Sharon Brown in twenty eighteen, he put out an advertisement that Jim Ornacy was flying around in a corporate jet with a strip club owner, and I don't forget that an absolute lie. And I filed a case against him and I lost. And what the ruling came back was that because I'm a public figure, anybody can say anything about me they want to say about me. And my response to the judge in that.
Speaker 2: Case was, are you kidding me? So how am I.
Speaker 8: Supposed to defend against the lie? And I never forget The answer was, you need to have enough money to defend against the lie. And I think that's why money becomes a significant issue in politics.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember the claims made against Bernie Marino when he was running against Shared Brown, and Marino was successful in that race, as you know, for the Senate seat. But apparently Marino had enough money to fend off whatever was being said about him, whether it was true or not. And you noticed that Donald Trump is either winning these defamation lawsuitcases against these media outlets or they are settling quickly for things that were said that were untrue about the president. So I mean, you can battle that these things even if you're a public person. Obviously, well of course.
Speaker 8: But here's a response to that, because I remember talking to my attorney, you can lie, you just can't lie ball And what Donald Trump is doing is he's fighting off libel cases, not lies, which is very interesting and by the way. When it comes to Bernie, I got to give him a lot of credit. He picked the right year because he did have a lot of money, but he only won by three and a half points, and Trump actually won by twelve. So it tells you that if you were a candidate that was running in a year with Trump and you were a Trump person, you were going to be carried by Trump in a lot of ways. And I give him credit for that. He was successfully able to be able to do that. And many people even said that if Trump only one by eight, Bernie would have been a little bit of trouble because Shared was spending a lot of money as well against Bernie Marino.
Speaker 1: There's no question about that. But I also, through years of just observation, noticed that it's you talked about the power that you have as a US senator or an entrenched incumbent even in the House, but it is very difficult to unseat an incumbent senator. They're one of the most one hundred powerful people in our government. And it's it's a trick to unseat an incumbent senator, is it not.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll tell you one thing, and I used to say this, it's a it's very difficult to unseat unseat any incumbany. In fact, ninety seven percent, that's how strong that statistics of incumbents, whether it's the governor, whether it's a congressional or incumbent, whether it's a senator, ninety seven percent win reelections. And they win reelections because they have name I D. Money and they have a staff, so they can upend anybody trying to run against them. Because remember, you can travel around the state, whether you're a senator, governor, even a lieutenant governor. And I think that's one of the things John houstaid was doing. You can travel around the state with a full staff and a full complement of people and talk about things where somebody running against an incumbent has no staff, has to use their own money, and has to travel on the street and build their own name ID. So it becomes extremely difficult. But it's actually ninety seven percent of incumbents do get reelected.
Speaker 1: Wow, if you will indulge me just for I'm going to take a quick break and come back and we're going to talk doge Okay, sounds good. Jim Ornacy with a son that I can back in just a moment about wasteful spending in every facet of our federal government, with how that's going and what he thinks of the whole plan with Elon Musk and the kid named Big Balls in there forensically examinating the budgets of all these things, not just USAID, but all levels of federal government. Department of Education, Jim Ornacy rejoins US now and Jim, when you heard about this, did you think that it was going to net any kind of positive results for the American taxpayer?
Speaker 6: Number one, Well, here's what I would tell you.
Speaker 8: Past presidents, even President Reagan has said, we are wasting spending. We have a lot of spending that needs to be cut. Even when I was in Congress for eight years, we talked about it, we vetted it, we listed it. The problem was without a law for getting a tough and without Congress passing a budget or their appropriations bills, it was almost impossible. Because you have these agencies. A lot of people don't understand these These agencies are independent, so they get so much money, and unless the House and the Senate passes a budget and passes appropriation bills, it says we're only going to give you so much money and its only can only be spent for the X, Y and Z. They have full authority to spend on what they want to do.
Speaker 13: So we knew about it.
Speaker 8: I think President Trump knew about it in seventeen, eighteen, nineteen and twenty his first term. But he also ran into what we all ran into, which is the order that was passed many, many years ago, which said that it's called the Poundment Control Act, which basically said a president could not cut what Congress has authorized. And in twenty seventeen, President Trump started down this path and he got stopped very quickly by the Government Accounting Office, who said it violated the law. Now he didn't take it further. But I think one thing this president did, and I applaud him for it, is he said, you know what, if I get back in I'm not going to care. I'm going to do what's necessary. I'm going to cut the waste full spending. And that's what he's doing now. Whether it's lawful or not, I think it's going to take the test of time and probably the Supreme Court to determine that. But that Empowerment Act was established so that presidents could not cut funding spent that was spent that was approved by Congress, and I think that's really going to be the uphill battle for this president.
Speaker 1: Well by pointing out the obvious waste in some of the ridiculousness that's been going on at these federal late I saw a report over the weekend that an NGO that was curated by Chelsea Clinton helping to feed poor people. This is US tax dollars that are going to this non governmental organization and NGO it was costing fourteen hundred dollars a plate to feed people. I know the Freestore Food Bank claims that with every dollar they can feed three people, So I don't know what they were feeding them for fourteen hundred dollars a plate. And you wonder where the rest of the money was going, don't you? Or do you even have to wonder?
Speaker 8: No, absolutely, I do believe that this is what the President's going to do. He's going to waken up the American taxpayer. But who he wakens up the American taxpayer? So they waken up their congress member and their senator to say, we're not going to accept this anymore, and if you continue to do this, we're going to throw you out. Because that's the key. This is the job of our House members and our Senate members. This is the job of Congress. And this is where Congress has felled the last forty years. We haven't Congress hasn't passed a budget or appropriation bills for over twenty five years. And that's how you cut out this wasteful spending. But they just don't do their job. And I was frustrated them. I was there, I was a member of the budget committee. We could not get anything passed, and if we did, it would go over to the Senate. I'll never forget we threw three hundred and sixty to four hundred bills over to the Senate a year, only for them to die where the Senate wouldn't pick them up.
Speaker 1: Amazing, amazing. But I mean, isn't there some pocket lining going on somewhere with this stuff? You said it's all about power and having the power of the purse spring and the like. But I think there's some cash that is slipping through the cracks somewhere. I don't think that all twenty million dollars that was earmarked by USAID to produce a Sesame street show in Iraq went to that project. Do you to me a lot of foreign A I think as much as ninety percent of foreign eight is money laundering, but that's my own personal view.
Speaker 8: Well, look, I do think that foreign aid needs to be looked at, but that's not Here's what I don't want people, especially your.
Speaker 13: Listeners, understand.
Speaker 8: You can eliminate all the foreign aid, you still have a big deficit. I mean, until we look at the real drivers of the debt. Foreign aid represents about forty I think it's forty million dollars a year, which is a big number for a lot of people, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, it's not going to fix our debts and deficits. And we can't focus on this little shiny thing over here and say, wow, if we get rid of this, we're going to fix our government spending. We got to focus on the drivers of the debt, which is much more difficult and nobody really wants to talk about.
Speaker 1: Nobody really wants to talk about it or apparently do anything about it. And you know what, maybe you don't get to thirty six trillion in debt million a time, but every drop in the bucket will eventually fill up that bucket.
Speaker 8: Jim one hundred percent agree, one hundred percent agree. But remember, for your listeners, we have record money coming into the treasury, four point five trillion dollars coming in. We spend four point five trillion dollars on Medicare, Medicaid, SoC security, and interest. So we spend and then we have a then we have a trillion and a half left over. That's our deficit. Half of that goes to the military. So if you start looking at these numbers, yep, forty billion here might knock down a little bit. But in anything, we've got to look at what the drivers are, and a lot of it's waste fraud abuse. And by the way, some of that waste fraud abuses in Medicare, Medicaid.
Speaker 2: And SOCID security as well.
Speaker 8: We've got to start looking at those programs and digging out that waste fraud abuse as well well.
Speaker 1: President Trump is obviously pro military. Of recruitment has never been higher since the election because people are wanting to join our military again without all the d EI garbage getting in the way of defending the nation. But President Trump and Pete Haigseth, the new Secretary of Defense, they are more than willing to look at the abuse within our Defense department, which is a large chunk of our federal budget as well.
Speaker 8: So another little thing for your listeners. When I was there, it's one of the reasons why I left, to be honest with you, I was so frustrated. The Department of Defense has never been audited. Nope, never been audited. And when I would talk about that and say, if you don't audit, how do you know what you're spending, people would get mad at me. But it'll be interesting to see. And I'm hoping the new Defense Secretary requires auditing because that would be important.
Speaker 1: Jim or Nacy, thank you so much for your time this evening, and I hope we will have a chance to talk again. Lots of good InFocus thank you as well, you bet you, thank you. It's the nightcap on seven hundred WLW And just for a good measure to close tonight, Dennis Wildman Walker joins us. Who has got one question for me or one demand of me? After the Super Bowl outcome that saw my Chiefs lose in a pitiful performance to the Philadelphia Eagles last night in New Orleans. What was the demand or question that you had, wild Man? I want my dollar, I want my dollar.
Speaker 13: And it wasn't a pittable performance.
Speaker 9: It was a and the words of Marty Brennaman on old fashioned butt webbing handed down by the Eagles.
Speaker 13: The game was over at halftime.
Speaker 1: At halftime, we'll get into all of that, sir, And you're not wrong. It was an old fashioned butt women. You know what, It reminded me of the Bear's victory over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl in nineteen eighty six, when they had that incredible defense Singletary and William Refrigerator, Perry, Jim McMahon at quarterback, Marshall yet Wilbur Marshall, Walter Payton. But that defense that they put on last night looked so much like that vaunted Bears defense. Don't you think that? Isn't that a good comparison? I like that comparison.
Speaker 9: Six sacks, three turnovers, uh picked six?
Speaker 13: I mean the Eagles. I felt right from the start in this matchup.
Speaker 9: You know, came to fruition that the Eagles had, you know, a person a better personnel across the board, and they proved it. And they proved it.
Speaker 13: I think they were the number one defensive team in football.
Speaker 1: I think that part of that too was Nick Soriani solving Andy Reid's Rubik's Cube, because a lot of a lot of other great coaches in the NFL with good defenses haven't been able to solve the Andy Reid offense in Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes at the head. But it's like they knew what they were running every time they snapped the ball.
Speaker 9: Wild Man, it was amazing. Well, what can't you say? Forty to twenty two? The fly, eagles fly, and I want my dollar. Well, a couple of things here for you. We're not gonna spend it. Listen, listen, wild Man, You'll get your dollar. We're not gonna spend the entire eighteen nineteen twenty minutes whatever this is. You asking for a dollar, I understand You're gonna get your dollar. And it was a gentleman's bet, and a gentleman doesn't ask, he just expects it to come from another gentleman and it will, believe me, Go, So, what what else you got? Well? During the during the game, of course, I mean there's, like I said, the pick six that I can't recall. They recall a guy's name, but it was his birthday his birthday and he returns to pick six and the Super bowls here wash any better for that guy?
Speaker 1: Wild Man? It was Cooper de Gene. He's a rookie. Yeah, Cooper, it was twenty second birthday, gets the pick six out of my homes. Yeah. And it was Sekwan Barkley's birthday too, wasn't it that?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I heard. I heard before the game. Sekwan Barkley had a birthday too that coincided with this game. So the Chiefs were the Chiefs were screwed from the beginning, just from the birthday wish Aisle of the NFL.
Speaker 9: I think, oh, now you're reaching there. They got the screwed.
Speaker 1: They got out.
Speaker 9: Played totally, you know, in all three phases of the game. They got it played all three phases. How about how about one? Jake Elliott a former Bengals draft choice. The guy never played one down for the Cincinnati Bengals. He's not listed on the old time roster because I looked it up. He was drafted in the fifth round in twenty seventeen. He now has not one, but two Super Bowl rings with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 13: He had sixteen points in that game.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and he hadn't had a great season either kicking the ball. But last night he was on. Every time the day.
Speaker 13: Was on, he was on.
Speaker 1: And the Eagles here's this, here's this, wild man. The Eagles committed an offensive motion penalty on both of those two of the field goals that he kicked, and you know which, it can be almost as unnerving for a kicker as the other team called team calling a time out right before you kick, so it takes out of rhythm. And he was truer and longer with the follow up kick both times than he was with the original attempt. So I mean, maybe maybe the Eagles did him a favor by, you know, committing a motion penalty right before he was going to move him him back five years yards. It didn't seem to bother Jake Elliott at all last night.
Speaker 9: How did you watch the Did you watch the game in its entirety?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: I watched the game right up until it was it was forty to uh, it was forty to fourteen when I went to bed, and then the Kansas City got the excuse me touchdown, all.
Speaker 13: Right, So then you must have missed.
Speaker 9: You must have missed the most idiotic comment of the whole Super Bowl by one Tom Brady with eight minutes to go, quote, it ain't over till it's Ober with number fifteen on the field.
Speaker 1: What you know what I did? I said that I did see it. I did see it. I thought, well, Tom, you're really really trying to builk the listeners out of time that they could be spending otherwise, like reading their eyelids. And I think it was right after he said that that I turned the TV off and went to bed because there's no way you're coming back from forty to fourteen in the fourth quarter with eight minutes left, and.
Speaker 9: To throw out the Yogi comment. Oh my god, Tom, you know that's the best you got. I mean, I liked the guy a lot, but that was just that was the most idiotic comment of the night during the Super Bowl broadcast.
Speaker 1: It really was.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 13: I didn't watch any of the halftime show.
Speaker 1: I have no interest in that. Again, we are we're going to save that. We're going to save that for our second part of our conversation here. We got plenty of time to fill tonight. So sorry, i' again.
Speaker 9: I got a couple other things I got to get not off my chest, but I got to tell you so.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, but back to the MVP. You know, Jalen Hurts, he threw for two hundred and twenty one yards. I think that the MVP of that game was a Philadelphia defense, not not.
Speaker 9: For five super Bowl party that I went to agreed with me. But we all know that we're going to give it to the quarterback. We just knew it was gonna you know, had Barkley had a better game, he would have got it. But I agree to give.
Speaker 1: It to the defense.
Speaker 9: And there's only been one defensive player I believe, maybe maybe two. I think there's two maybe defensive players, and one one went to a losing team one year. Was the Chuck Howley of the Cowboys was the MVP and the losing effort. I want to say Jake Scott maybe of the Miami Dolphins was that MVP.
Speaker 13: But yeah, I knew they were going to give it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about sequon Barkley, because that's the one thing that the Chiefs did effectively was pretty much shut him down for most of the game. They did, they really did. He was not a factor in Philadelphia's scoring to the point as far as what he did individually, but the fact that they had to focus so much on shutting Seguan Barkley down. He's such a weapon. He was like a decoy for Philadelphia's offense. That opened up that passing game that allowed them, you know, to get those first downs and that chunk yardage that they were able to get through the air, which enabled Jaalen Hurts automatic, you know, eventually to be MVP of the game.
Speaker 9: But okay, the Chief coaching staff were, you know, seeing that, you know, the chief Steve Fens where they could be attacked.
Speaker 1: But everybody was talking about how, you know, Sequon Barkley if he ran rough shout, the Chiefs had no chance of winning the game. And it wasn't Sequon Barkley, Knight. It wasn't It was the defense. And uh and you know, whatever Philadelphia could muster is a passing game because Kansas City's defense did not play a bad game, really, but their offense was so overshattered and overpowered by that Eagles defense. There was literally no doubt daylight for Patrick Mahomes. And I don't blame Patrick Mahomes. You say they got outplayed, They just got out muscled on the front line and outworked and out coached. I thought that Nick Soreani ultimately out coached Andy Reid. And that's not an easy thing to do. If you watch the NFL, is it, well.
Speaker 9: When you get like two weeks to repair you'ren you can break down everything. And if the defense wins Super Bowls, I don't care what they say. Defense wins Super Bowls and that Eagles, like you said and I said, they should all jointly been given the MVP Award, no question, because the front the Chiefs front line had no answer for the pass rush.
Speaker 13: They had no answer at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, Mahomes was under pressure all.
Speaker 13: In all day. I mean again, six sacks.
Speaker 9: When's the last time you heard Mahomes get sacked six times?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, and he was. He was on his butt more on the field than he was when he was sitting on the bench. Wild man. It was crazy, you know. And again for me as a Chiefs fan, I knew it was possible that it would happen, but I thought that the Chiefs would, you know, do what they'd done all season long and at the end of the game just be one or two points better than their opponents, not a chance of that happening when it was twenty four to nothing at halftime.
Speaker 9: Well, you know the guy who's probably the most upset about the Chiefs loss, not Andy Reid and not Patrick Mahomes, not Travis Kelce. You know the guy's probably the most upset about Who's that pat Riley? Because he had made millions of dollars over the three peat thing. He'd have made millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: You're right, because he's got the trademark on that slogan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he had already worked out a deal with the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, poor Patty. I don't feel bad for pat Riley and tonight, I'm sorry, I just don't. I can't work myself up to it. We'll talk halftime show and some other things that wild Man says he's got to get off his chest, or he wants to say. Of course, today was day one of pitchers and catchers reporting in Goodyear, Arizona for this your Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 9: And I don't know if Francona was there first before any of them, waiting on him, waiting on him.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, we'll get to it. Wild Man on the Nightcap, Part two, coming up on seven hundred WLW number one the halftime show. I hadn't had any plans to watch it, nor did we watch it at home when it occurred. I don't hate Kendrick Lamar. I barely know who he is other than he's got a long running feud with Drake and that's what he's built his career on and all those Grammy awards. Sizza, I'm told has an excellent voice, but I didn't tune in to hear Sizza or Kendrick at halftime. What about you?
Speaker 9: I might put it this way, everybody at the Super Bowl party I was at had their backs turn and and the and the sound down during the halftime show. Nobody had any interest in all of that.
Speaker 13: What is his name, Kendrick?
Speaker 1: You said it was name ken Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 9: He could walk in here right now in my house and I wouldn't know who he was. You know that that music is not that's not music.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I think he keeps trying to tell you that it is.
Speaker 13: It's not music. I don't listen to that kind of crap.
Speaker 9: I never have listened to that kind of stuff, But I have no interest in it whatsoever. I wish we would have seen the I heard somebody got one of the performers, you got on the field, it was part of the performers, and whipped out a stupid.
Speaker 1: Flag of the palace, Titian flag, Tennian flag.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what an idiot.
Speaker 1: Well, I would think that security would be tighter than that at a Super Bowl, especially in New Orleans, especially with what happened, you know on New Year's there.
Speaker 9: Well, we had a tucked up on her shirt.
Speaker 13: What they said, you know whatever on her shirt. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're allowing someone on the field at halftime of the Super Bowl, you got to know and vet them and find out, you know, what they've got with them, because unless it's the costume that goes with the performance, then they shouldn't be out there at all. Period.
Speaker 9: I got to tell you this story. This goes back into like the early eighties when the Reds were floundering under the leadership of the Great and One general manager Dick Wagner, and they they used to have banner Day at the ballpark and people would parade on the field with banners and theyre saying go.
Speaker 13: Reds, blah blah blah.
Speaker 9: Well, these two guys are on the field of the banner and it said something about go Reds. But when they got right near home plate, they flipped it over and it said fire Wagner.
Speaker 13: Well it was all.
Speaker 9: It was great.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: Of course they didn't check the banners. You know, nobody did the check into the banner. You know, somebody got the axe on that. But when they flipped it over and it said fire Wagner, that stadium, the few people that were there, because they all hated Wagner place, that erupted.
Speaker 1: Believe me, the security at this Super Bowl surpassed probably secured at any super Bowl in the past, all fifty eight before him, because you know what number forty seven was there. President Trump was there, the first president, the first president to ever attend a Super Bowl game in person. And it was marvelous to see him and the family saluting during the national anthem. And you noticed during the national anthem, which people always cheer at the end, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, the second they showed Trump on the big screen and that stadium in the super doom, the crowd just erupted with cheers at the site of President Trump.
Speaker 9: It was a good game and he was saluting. He was saluting the national Yes he was.
Speaker 1: It was a good night.
Speaker 9: Speaking of the celebrities, because I almost forgot about this. They showed a number of celebrities. I don't know if you know this or not, but they showed the number, and they showed Sir Paul McCartney.
Speaker 13: Okay, now, somebody been doing their homework.
Speaker 9: Carry Jeff. They would immediately said, Sir Paul McCartney. They would immediately would have said. Sixty two years ago to the day the Beatles played The Ed Sullivan Show for the first time. You're right, yeah, so somebody dropped.
Speaker 1: The ball there. February ninth, nineteen sixty four is when exactly, So it was sixty one years Yeah, this is two twenty twenty five, So sixty one years exactly since the Beatles' first appearance on American television, when seventy seven million people tuned in, and I was surprised.
Speaker 9: Major crime was reported in New York City.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and it kind of harkened back.
Speaker 9: Somebody should have been on the ball, even after you know, ten seconds, fifteen seconds lay, they should have brought that up.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, not everybody are huge Beatles fans or even huge music fans. If you've got Kendrick Lamar doing the halftime show at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 13: I couldn't tell about the crowd that they showed by.
Speaker 9: They showed Paul Dussel for TeV.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You know what we watched instead of Kendrick Lamar at halftime? What ancient Aliens on the History Channel?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: I figured I thought you were gonna say Gomer Pyle or a Batman.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not you, but yeah, I found ancient Aliens on the History Channel and we watched that, and I just kept checking back and said, no, he's still doing Oh my god, he's still He's still going on and on and on with something I don't care about. But you know, I don't know. I don't I don't complain about that. I just don't care about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 13: I'm not with you.
Speaker 9: I don't care about it. They have to have some kind of halftime show, but I don't care about that for that kind of that kind of all that stupid dancing or.
Speaker 1: Whatever they're there. Now, do you think music does nothing for me? Wild wild man? Did you think that the Prince halftime show a few years back was great? I did everybody on.
Speaker 13: Talking to that either I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't. I never liked Prince music. I mean, but I've worked for a rock station. We didn't play that stuff. You know, the guy was a major talent. But I had no desire to watch that. I think some of the people at the super Bowl party that year did watch it, but I have no desire to watch it.
Speaker 13: I had no desire intro.
Speaker 1: And since you don't know, Prince was a little bit rock and roll wild man, he may may stop.
Speaker 9: W B never played Prince ever ever.
Speaker 1: Ever, that's sad. That's really not sad.
Speaker 9: He's not rock and roll.
Speaker 13: Come on, come on, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play play play Stairway to Heaven by led Zeppelin one more time. All right, hold on, you said the.
Speaker 13: Song has to be banned.
Speaker 1: So here you have some other things you said you wanted to get to and talk about before we're done.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, you just when you mentioned it right before the break about you know, today the Reds Pictures and Catchers reported first workout I believe is Wednesday for the pitchers and then the uh, the regular show up I think on Friday, and they'll get the full work and get get rolling.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 9: Terry Francona was there, was there first to meet the pictures and the catchers. Today it was uh, it was announced early in the day from the Reds that they're going to honor the hit king Pete Rose with the number fourteen patch on their sleeve of their jerseys.
Speaker 13: Here's the problem with that.
Speaker 9: That's a big old dog because I knew they were going to do that. Everyboy actually like it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: But that was a big old due.
Speaker 9: You will not be able to buy a fourteen patch at the Red Store. A great American ballpark. You cannot buy a Pee Rose jersey at the Red Store. A great American ballpark.
Speaker 1: Is this part of the band by Major League gas Ball.
Speaker 9: That's League Baseball. When I allowed the Reds and so any p Rose items of any kind, anything buttons, anything, nothing, zero, you cannot buy anything Peter Rose related in the Red Store. Now, if you want a fourteen patch, you probably get it from Cooks because they carry everything. If you want a jersey, you go to Cooks, you go to Fanatics, or during game days you can buy jerseys and probably the fourteen patches from vendors on the street. That's just so petty, just so Petty And I've saw people on Facebook saying did Major League Baseball give the approval? I don't give a damn if they give you approval or not. Bob GASLNA told me to go pound salt for doing it.
Speaker 1: Any way, Yeah, that would be But see, this is what I'm confused by, wild Man. It was always a lifetime ban. Pete is no longer with us. The Reds players are gonna be wearing the patch on their uniforms. What's MLB saying about that?
Speaker 9: Well, I imagine they had to get permission, just the way that Major League Baseball works, but major because Major League Baseball approved for them to hold the ceremony down there for Pete for the funeral ceremony, they asked permission for that.
Speaker 1: Well, a lifetime ban, i'd say, would be over if you're no longer alive.
Speaker 9: I think if you took it to a higher court with some attorneys, yeah, you'd get.
Speaker 1: That ruling, you would, all right. Well, but like I.
Speaker 9: Said, the port the fourteen patch, you're not gonna be buying it at the ballpark, and you're not gonna you can't buy a Pete Rose jersey at the ballpark.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're a Reds fan and you want to dress like a red You're gonna have to go get your fourteen patch somewhere.
Speaker 9: And I hope that the Cooks they got everything Coaks Fourth Street, they got it all.
Speaker 1: Are you getting money from Cooks for mentioning their name for time?
Speaker 9: Those guys for years? I've not those guys for years. You know, when the Bengals, when the Bengals needed, when the Reds need a jerky, like a player comes to town. Yeah, Cooks of Cooks are the ones that put they stitching on the jerseys.
Speaker 1: Oh how about that? I didn't I didn't know that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, so you learn something today.
Speaker 1: I was I was going to say Rally House, but apparently you're getting paid by Cooks to mention their name on my show.
Speaker 9: I've bought some stuff at rally House.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, Uh, anything else in our last minute? Any other closing thoughts that you have?
Speaker 9: Oh well, let's it's baseball season now, so let's get fired up for a baseball season. I mean, the NBA playoffs are not not far away. The NHL is doing a kind of a Nation's tournament getting ready to start, and instead of the All Star game. It's kind of like supposed to be an All Star game, but yeah, it's like a four nation tournament and the college basketball you know.
Speaker 1: We're we're heading into the hard and hom stretch, you know.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I mean, is gonna have a hard time.
Speaker 9: I don't know what they they just played so bad the other night against Villanova. I think I'm hoping that the Bearcats as a team got together after that lost to West Virginia and said, you know what, we're gonna, We're gonna we're gonna start playing a little bit different here.
Speaker 13: And they really looked good the last two games.
Speaker 1: But they look they look great against the b YU on Saturday. They really, Yeah, but that's.
Speaker 9: Gonna it's gonna so much. Gonna take the Vine intervention for them.
Speaker 1: Oh here's one thing to leave you with, wild Man, since you are so hateful of Columbus in Ohio state, Jim Tressel is now the lieutenant governor of the state of Ohio. He's your lieutenant governor, wild Man. What do you think about that?
Speaker 9: You know what, And I'm not gonna believe this. I really like Jim Tressel because how he how he made it to the top. But here's the guy. Didn't he have some kind of big scandal there at Ohio State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're a big scandal. I don't remember what it was, but yeah, there was some scandal on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but hey what that's uh, that's who the governor wants. He canna have it.
Speaker 1: I could care less, all right, wild man, thank you for your time. And as Willy would say, thank you for your love and your lust, wild man.
Speaker 9: And oh my lust always, and get those fourteen patches of cooks.
Speaker 13: And I want my dollar.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get your damn dollar, all right, stop my dollar. Stop it yet, I'll nail it to you in pennies.
Speaker 9: Hey, don't make me set Roco with moos over to get my dollar.
Speaker 1: I got my own. I got my own Roco Costellano. He can, he can match up to your bodyguards any day. Your dollars on the way, I go, your your dollars on the way, wild man, Thank you, God bless Uh. That's it, and we conclude with our national anthem to honor America. The Star Spangled Banner plays again on seven hundred W LW