Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to episode one hundred of.
Speaker 2: Hold On. You gave up the right to do this. You don't get to do this anymore.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: You might be the Podfather, but you left, you left the house. You don't, you don't, you don't. You know, you don't belong here anymore. You're just a guest this time. Mate, Hello, and welcome to GameSpot after Dark. I'm your host tomorrow, saying yes, it's me like a father that left ten years ago to pick up some smokes but then suddenly learned that his kids are talented and rich. I'm back. Also is back is Lucy James.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to introduce myself after that.
Speaker 2: Hi, Jean Luke Sevke. Hello, Michael Hyam, Hi, I've been here. And the Podfather himself returning once again. Is Jake Dekker.
Speaker 1: So Xbox Unlocked or they got Phil Spencer for their five hundredth episode and you guys got me for your one hundred.
Speaker 2: You guys got ripped off. This is this is this is this is what we wanted. Like Phil Spencer emailed me and said, hey, I heard you have got your one hundred, one hundredth episode. Do you want me on. I said no, we've locked in Jake Decker and he was like fair enough. He was like who I was like game on game Pass as mentioned there, Yes, this is this is a double celebration. This is the one hundredth episode of Game Spot After Dog, a podcast that was created and pioneered by Jake. But it's also the one thousandth video for one Lucy James one thousand videos.
Speaker 4: The only reason we're doing this.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Hey man, can we do the video?
Speaker 5: All the comments will be like, where's the rest of the video?
Speaker 1: Art?
Speaker 2: We needed.
Speaker 5: Ninety nine?
Speaker 2: This is It's just this one. It's literally when you like get your mates to come online to grind a game just because you need that trophy. This is the this is the podcast equivalent of it appreciate you all. We are we are doing a double celebration. What does that mean? It just means that we we we do a normal podcast, but with our friends, so good times. We don't need to do the the segment what was it? What's the segment called? Again? What's the name?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: I don't care about Chris anymore. He doesn't listen to this.
Speaker 1: Christ doesn't have episode four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly he's going to do.
Speaker 3: Listen, please let us know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try that.
Speaker 2: If you don't, if you don't, if you don't, let us know somehow that you're listening. We're renaming the segment to someone else. I think, like we changed from California segment. Yeah, we'll change it to the Jake Dekka from California segment. Anyways, what we've been playing. I'm going to select Lucy to go first. Oh, Hello, what you've been playing, what you've been doing, what you've been experiencing other than E three?
Speaker 3: Not a lot, No, I'm kidding. So I did finished mass Fact three, finished Massic trilogy, had a lovely time, did a small cry. But the thing I would like to discuss is that I saw Fast nine yesterday in forty X. Because one of my friends here in the UK literally refuses to go see a movie unless it's in forty X. We went to see A Quiet Place too in forty X. It gets surprisingly loud. I don't know it was good. I had a nice time, but I will say I saw The Terminator too in forty X, and honestly, like maybe top ten moments of my life, I almost cried. It was incredible Fast nine in forty X was very very good. That movie is so stupid. I had a really fun time. There are bits where like, obviously they ruined the whole hand stuff coming back like in a trailer already, but even the way they reveal him in the film, like me and my friend Neil just going like yes. There are just some absolutely outrageous stunts like rocket car going into space, the whole thing. There are just some real clangers of lines, but clangers to the point where it's like, oh, that's a fast and furious line, So I still love it. Charlie Stron for some reason is wearing leather pants the whole time and has a really terrible haircut that just couldn't go over. It's like those movies shouldn't work, and yet they do. And really I had a really fun time with it, and I just was buzzing at the end of it. But also I had loads of tension in my back. And there's a scene like any car chase, where like bullets are flying the chair just like pummels you. So I was like, oh, it's just like being one of those chairs you get the airport. It was lovely.
Speaker 2: Jake, You've also seen it, right, what did you think of it?
Speaker 1: I did see it, and the only thing I will ever remember from that movie is the very strange Star Wars conversation that happens like that was I was like, why is this in the movie. It felt like an interurn wrote it, and they were like, well, he likes Star Wars or no. It felt like George Lucas wrote that to be honest, and let's just keep it in is to pay homage to him or something. But it is so out of place. It's so strange. Characters just start comparing themselves to Star Wars characters, but.
Speaker 3: It's almost as if it's like lazy writing, so they don't have to think about their own characters or archetypes or whatever. It's like, let's just reference Star Wars characters. Yeah, and then if it's so weird it sticks out so much.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it didn't get cut. I think they were like, oh, let's try a little God what's it called when people don't I forget what it's called, but when people just say things that come to their mind.
Speaker 4: Improv that's the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt like it felt like an improv scene that they're just like, let's just leave it in here.
Speaker 2: That's very good.
Speaker 5: It was like, I'm like Luke Skywicker. And then she's like, no, you're like Yoda. I'm like, yeah, I'm like Yoda. And then she says something like yeah, Yoda fucking dies, Like.
Speaker 1: What okay, Yoda has a hand up his ass controlling him, because he's.
Speaker 3: Exactly But I felt like, also up until that point, the like this random bad guy. He hasn't really had anything else, and that's his key scene talking to Charlie's theron about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so weird. It was an enjoyable movie, but I know that in a year from now, I will forget all of it except that scene.
Speaker 2: I could it could be like setting the foundation for when when they inevitably transform it into a sci fi movie. In Space, they went to space. They went to space, like when they fully get tie fighters and stop.
Speaker 5: That's the direction of going. You said, you send Roman up to space, dog yo. Next thing is fucking rocket cars with lasers on them ships.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: Also, they do a really weird thing where Roman starts discussing like he has this weird existential crisis about how come they never die?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's it's really cute.
Speaker 3: It's really cute, but it's also just like him kind of thinking out loud, Hey, do we have plot armor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 1: Even half the characters in that movie do a plot armor. Yeah, no one dies.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen this, but I think like the response to it that I've seen is kind of like much less enthused than the expectation and the joy for going into it. It feels like people have very much come out of it and they're like in that phase where they're like, I have to act like I really enjoyed this because I was so hyped going in and like I'm I'm, I'm I fear for the future of that franchise. Now I feel like, I don't know, there's not only two left. There's no way there's only two left. Not in Hell.
Speaker 5: On the Fast Awakens and yeah, the last.
Speaker 2: Furious the Furious unleashed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a mid credit scene, and it did get me very hoped for what isn't it?
Speaker 2: So I'm going to try and watch it soon. But yeah, I I I'm gonna go out there and say this. I'm probably gonna get shipped for it, but I feel like we're at the start of the decline of this series. Now like this is it's pretty good. Yeah, I mean like they solid solid, I mean like solid run for the last few the first few words shy, let's be honest, but oh come on, they became the culture. You like, your retro for the culture, for the street culture. But like most people does movies retroactively because of what the franchise, the context they're put in, because of the newer ones. But watched the one there on just like I feel like we reached the peak with was it seven or eight? Which ones?
Speaker 3: Well, seven is the one WHE deal with.
Speaker 2: And an eight is where it like really hit. I think the Paul Walker one was was eight is.
Speaker 3: Where I like there's a plot twist and eight that really just got And I think it's because I watched them all within like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: Feel like very very invested.
Speaker 2: Seven was where everyone went, oh, this franchise actually means something to me. And then eight is where people went, oh, this is some wild shit going on. I'm into this and now I feel like it's it's the downward spiral is going to happen.
Speaker 3: Also hearing hearing how much influence Vin Diesel has like, do you hear about that weird thing that like he and the Rock had to trade like the same number of blows and stuff. But knowing just how integral he is to the front, and I assume he has so much control behind the scenes. This is such a domb movie. But Vin Diesel is not good enough to carry it like and I said that with love because I think Dom was an amazing character. But there were some bits in this where he has to show like different like ranges of emotion and all. I just noticed him doing this at the very beginning, and then I couldn't stop seeing it. But the only way he can show like anguish is to purse his lips ever so slightly.
Speaker 1: It's the same expression for everything.
Speaker 3: He uses it so much this movie. Also, there's like a flashback scene and I couldn't figure out who that was meant to be, Like him.
Speaker 1: Is like a foot and a half taller than Vin Diesel.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing about that whole kind of like intro dynamic between them is like because the Rock and Vin Diesel like notoriously fell out and they did not like each other for a long time. And then Vin Diesel commented commented on it recently and it was he said he was like behaving quite like aggressively and demanding a lot of the rock because he only wants like he wants his movies to have the best performances, and he pushes all his actors. And everyone just tweeted it with like Vin Diesel is pushing be actors for like good performances. My man's own performances are like trashed here.
Speaker 1: I was surprised they didn't name Dom's brothers sub Wow, wow, that would be like, that's all I got him out, that's it, that's it, that.
Speaker 2: Would be in line. No, no one would mind that. I think that would be absolutely fine. But yeah, I'm gonna go watch it this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully this weekend, I'll see how I feel. Jean look or you've been up to.
Speaker 4: I've been a poker around with a bunch of different random things. But I recently hopped into Halo the Master Chief Collection because they just put out their season seven Elite, which is basically they've just been like doing a thing for I don't know how long three seasons last, but like they put on new seasons where they've been fixing the games adding new content, and then specifically they're adding like, uh, stuff from Halo Online, which was that free to play Russian game. I think it's really weird. So they're I'm of two minds of it, because like they're adding all of this like extra armor that you can like put into like Halo three or Halo four, and they're adding like new maps from those and like it all feels it doesn't feel cohesive necessarily, and it like it kind of straights from the original vision of the Master Chief collection, where you're like, oh, this is like preserving these games, and they're like, what if we put in this like random map made by these like this other studio into Halo three and you play it and you're like, yeah, this is a map. I guess I don't know, it's okay. Like like the new map they added is like it's a Halo three map, but all of the artissets look like they're from Halo four. It's like really weird. It doesn't mesh at all. It's a strange experience. I don't think you can filter the maps out that I'm aware of. I didn't see anything, but you can at least filter the armor out so you can go to the settings and if you want to, like say, I don't want to see any of like the new armor, both on myself and other players, you can actually just go turn that off in the menu, which is kind of nice. It just like defaults everyone to like the standard Spartan armor, the standard of the armor, so that's cool. But mostly I'm just like it was just kind of fun to like hop back into Halo. I was feeling that itch after Halo Infinite and I was like, yeah, I want to play some Halo. Matchmaking is still like pretty good at this point, Like I had no issues with it. Plenty of people are playing it. They recently added like a surfer browser. It's in beta, so it only works for reach, but like you can now just like pull up like old school like counter Strike style, like here's a list of like all these different servers with like you know, like Snipe's only xxx no nubes, fourteen out of you know, sixteen players two hundred ping, and you're like, all right, let's go. I'm I'm gonna hop in. So like it's wild to see that in like a Halo game on like our console, because you're like, oh, okay, like it's cool that they're adding that shit in there. And then and then the other thing that's like worth talking about with this update is they actually went back and they fixed Halo one. I don't know if you guys are like aware of this, but like the uh Halo one, not the Anniversary version. The original like OG Xbox graphics are actually not correct. Like if you were to compare them to the original Xbox they they have like all these like kind of broken stuff where like certain lighting things don't work, or like the textures on on like stuff is wrong. And that is apparently in an issue that has gone all the way back to like the OG Gearbox like PC release from like two thousand and three, because that's the version they used to port Halo two the Master Chief Collection, and so it's had all these issues for years, and like the fans have been asking them, like, hey, you're going to fix it. You're going to fix this because it's like it doesn't look as good as the original Xbox version, and they finally have actually started to like address all that stuff. It's it's really cool. There's a really great Digital Foundry video you can go check out where they kind of like detailed all those changes. It's mostly just like I don't know. It's like I have to commend three four to three for like actually going out of their way to fix that. Like that doesn't really happen that often, especially for a game that what like it came out like twenty fourteen, that's like seven years ago that the Maschief Collection came out. It's just I'm like continually amazed that they're like still updating that game. I mean, I know, it's like Microsoft, so they have like all this money and acanthrow it because it's Halo. But like there was a period where I was like, Yep, this thing is dead and they're never gonna They're never gonna fix it. So the fact that they did, I think it's like it's pretty cool nice.
Speaker 1: I actually played some Halo Mass Chief Collection on my on my phone because I tried out x cloud for the first time. I think I think they just added it to Apple products because before very very recently and browsers. Well, yeah, I was just in the living room, like I set up my phone, I guess set it on the table. I was just playing some Mass Chief collection. It worked surprisingly well. I don't know if i'd play multiplayer, but I was playing Halo one campaign and it was it was great, Like connected my controller in two seconds. Definitely give it a shot, Like you probably won't play a lot with it, but it's just it's kind of mind blowing.
Speaker 3: I really want to do that because I've really wanted to get a backbone and I didn't. But now the x cloud is on iOS properly, I'm like I could. Yeah, but like I'm one of those people who I love sitting at a couch and playing a game. But there's nothing quite like Sunday morning cup of coffee in bed with a game. But like, yeah, so I have I have like a small tablet on my.
Speaker 2: Nice Michael, what you've been up to?
Speaker 5: I play the Neo the World Ends with You demo and it was pretty much it's pretty much the same as the preview that I preview billed. I played a month or so back, so I've and I talked about my experience, but now everyone else can experience it because that demo is out there, and it's still pretty cool. I don't know how Like I'm super into the combat system and how they've reworked it so that you don't have to like obviously you can't rely on touch controls because it is A is also going to be on PC and PS four, and it's it plays like A plays like a pretty standard action RPG, but like the pin system. If y'all play tweet weee before the pin system where you can have all these differ attacks and stuff, oh my god, grow up. But yeah, it's it's pretty fun. I don't know how how much how long that's gonna, like if the if that comment system is gonna wear off at all at a certain point. I know you do get more party members, you do. There's like over like I think like three hundred different pins that you can mess around with, so there's a lot of variation. I just don't know how necessary it's gonna because the fights so far have been really fun. But I don't see I like, I had like a certain setup and I was like, Okay, I'm good with this setup. I don't necessarily need uh to mess with other ones. But of course that's just the demo, which is like the first three hours of the game. Yeah, but yeah, that one, that one's coming out later this month and Squanics, I'm looking at you to come through with them codes. Bro, Yeah, I'm I wanna, I wanna. I'm very interesting. I'm a lot more interested in this game after, like after playing the preview, I was like, oh cool, they're making another world ends with you then played them, like, oh shit, this game is pretty dope. And it's I said this before when I talk about the first time, but now that we're here, it has has that added that young that youthful attitude that's kind of cheesy, kind of corny, but I'm just like, you know what, I'm kind of into it. It makes me feel young again. And uh yeah, y'all should y'all should beat that demos on PS four and Switch. I was playing on Switch and it works pretty well. I've been yeah, and I've been using my switch quite a bit because I also played Monster Hunter Stories too, which is also a demo with progress that carries over that is out soon er. Actually I think that's out on the ninth. Yeah, it was one of the games at like we we've seen Monster Hunter Stories two before E three, but it was one of the games that stood out to me at E three. I mean that wasn't much, to be honest, especially during the Capcom thing. So when Capcom showed off, like showed a new trailer for Monster or Stories too, and then was on Treehouse for Switch. I was like, oh, snap, this is this might be up my alley. I played the played the but I don't know if it's for me. Man that the comment system is like a rock paper scissors thing and you have to like predict what the enemy is going to attack you with, and then you need to counter them with like the with whatever, Yeah, with with whatever counter So I don't think it's terribly interesting. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess it is the most sort of like beginner friend, like your version of Monster Hunter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's a turn based, turn based rpg, so it's not necessarily like you're going out and hunting monsters and walloping them with big ass hammers.
Speaker 2: And ship Uh.
Speaker 5: It's it's uh because like I don't know turn based RPGs. That's kind of my thing.
Speaker 2: Uh, But I don't know, it's.
Speaker 5: It's cool maybe, Uh, I don't know if I canna put more time into it, though I don't think that's the I don't think that game is for me. So and one more thing, I've been watching a little Korean drama called Vincenzo on Netflix yo, what is that? That's some ship that's popping. It's about a Korean dude who grew up in Italy. Who got who got in the mafia? Oh he's he's like an elite mafia member. And then he goes back to he goes back to Korea to like settle something that that was like happening long ago. And it is so fun is it's a dark comedy and like and a very serious drama at the same time. It is so good. It is so good. I'm on episode fifteen. Oh my god, there are so many hot dudes in this.
Speaker 3: I just looked at the poster.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know if y'all are into like K pop stars, but my boy Takon from two PM. Oh my god, he's the I swear he is the finest dude I've ever seen in my life. Oh and he's not the star, but he's like a very important character in it.
Speaker 2: But oh my god.
Speaker 5: And the main dude, oh my god, he's got Oh my god, everyone the guy on the poster.
Speaker 3: I assumes the main guy is yeah, an absolutely ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's all I got him. You give him his roses, you know, what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Speaking speaking of Netflix, because I didn't know this was even happening, So consider this a p s A. But The Naked Director Season two has just dropped, and like The Naked Director, Michael, I think you and John Dick would actually love it.
Speaker 2: If you haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: It's it's basically like, it's very very yakuza. It's about the the guy from the eighties who wanted to make raper pawn in Japan.
Speaker 5: But like, I don't know if I want to see cure you.
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: It is amazing, Like it is so funny. It is a real it's really wacky. The Naked Director Season two just drops and it's based on a real story as well, which makes it even wilder.
Speaker 4: So Mexico was telling me about it and he just all he said to me was it's got big yakus zero energy. I said, say less, I'm in, let's go.
Speaker 2: It's very good. You should You should both definitely check out Hell yeah, say less, Jake, what you've been up to?
Speaker 1: I just finished Psycho Nauts for the first time since two thousand and four or two thousand and five. Whenever it came out. I was a bit nervous about replaying it, which then I saw kurtz video which was really good, and I was like, Okay, I'm going to replay it, and talking to him, he was also nervous about replaying it, but ended up enjoying it quite a bit. But man, that game is so good. The platforming has not aged well, but the settings, the design, character.
Speaker 5: Levels, like the art direction is timeless so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm the Milkman. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is probably one of the most memorable levels in a game for me. But I was surprised every level in that game I remembered surprisingly well for only having played this game once in two thousand and five. I was like, yeah, I remember the Bounce party that you go to. Yep, I remember the bull run that you do later on. It's It's so good. If you haven't played it, highly recommend giving it a shot. It's on game Pass, and you know the sequels coming out very soon, and I'm just amazed that we're even getting a sequel. I think, yeah, it got announced in twenty sixteen, and I remember, this is the only thing I've ever backed was Psychonot's two SQL, and it was supposed to come out in like twenty eighteen. It says that on the fig page too, but it you know, if it's a good game, that's okay. I'll wait as long as I need to wait.
Speaker 4: I shocked how much because like I've been playing it for the first time. Actually I'm like partway through it, and I love it.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 4: But I like, I started paying more attention to Psychonauts two because I've been playing the first one now and I'm like, oh, yeah, I want to play Psyconds two now because this is dope, and I am shocked how much. It just looks exactly like Psychonots one, but like better, like the gameplay, the characters. I was like, oh, this is just the same game, but like made in twenty twenty one, and like a good way. Like I was like, oh wow, Like it's not like they're trying to like it's not like a Beyond Good and Evil two situation where it's like y'all wanted Psycho Knots too. Well, here it is and it's like all this like weird, like yeah, yeah, it's like, no, it's just Psycho Knots Too. It's that same game, but we made a sequel, and I'm like hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very excited. I'm amazed because I think in Kurt's video he said that by the end of the year it only sold one hundred thousand copies, and it's just to me, it's amazing, amazing that like Double Find survived that, Like how how like that? That's so I don't know. There must have been people who are very much believed in Tim Schaeffer and that team's visions in order to stick with them because.
Speaker 2: They had a deal for a little while with was it THQ or they had to make like three games for them. Oh maybe that's like stacking Costume Quest. Oh yeah, yeah, that Trench that was it. I think it was THHU but like that was that was a big part of the the the the Double Find time.
Speaker 4: That was Uh that was after Brutal Legend, which also I want to say sold under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Brutal Legend was a bit of a flop as well. Legend it's a good game, it's a great game.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Apart from that, I've been I've been playing Dead by Daylight the first time I've played it. Uh it is I love it and hate it at the same time, just because coming into that game five years in there is so much to learn. Uh, there's so many different killers, there's so many different survivors, all with different personabilities. But the core gameplay is like so interesting and fun and every match feels different and different things can happen and it's very exciting. But like, man, I get frustrated sometimes because I found out last night that because I'd never played against Michael Myers, Michael Myers doesn't make like normally, when a killer is close, you can hear your heartbeat, but for some reason, that doesn't happen with Michael Myers. So, like three of us are surrounding a generator, fixing it, and all of a sudden he just comes through and slashers, and so what the how are we supposed to know? And then we look it up and like, oh, okay, he can't run, but he no one knows when he's there. Wow, Okay, that's kind of cool. But yeah, that games a lot, but it's very good.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 1: Once again saw it on game Pass and Matt Paget was like, I really want to play this, and I was like, all right, I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 3: Is the Resident Evil crossover yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it. I mean, technically it's done but I think you can still get those characters and the map is still there. So I've just been playing Is. I've been swapping between Jill and Leon. Yeah Hill there as well, Like there's Silent Hill. There's a Silent Hill map too, but it does not fit the game at all. It's multi stories, so you don't know if someone's actually close to you or if they're just on the floor above you. It's way too small it. Like I I just leave whenever that map comes up, which sucks because the matchmaking in that game is really slow. At least on Xbox, you can wait up to ten minutes to get to a game that sucks.
Speaker 2: I want to try that game. I heard so much about it. It's a good time, all right, cool. I've been playing a lot of Valorant. That's pretty much the only thing I've been playing lately. Paid see If Thieves as well, and I've been like playing and working my way from Mass Effect. But the game that I'm like focused on is Valorant now right now, just trying to get good at it, and it's a it's a great game. It's a good time.
Speaker 3: You're also very good at it. You drop in clips into like our.
Speaker 4: Chat and like that clip you put up on Twitter like that was it was like a full team wipe, like.
Speaker 2: It's like four versus one, and like I was just like I'm dead, and I was like I'm just gonna I'm just gonna wait for them to come to me a little like patient strategy. And that was my first time playing yr, the character I was I've never played that character before, so I was like, I don't know how Usually when I usually Maine Jet, who is my girl, stay in love with Jet. She's amazing, she's an airbender, but like someone beat me to selecting her install lockdo, and I was like, I guess I'll play your Your is like a little anime boy and he's like able to mess with like time, not time like space. So basically he can like teleport and he's got a flash bang, and he can also create like an apparition of himself that he can send out and then teleport positions with them, which is really cool. But so I was like, I'll try him out. And I just got really really like lucky with like the fact that I needed a flashbang in that exact moment, and I happened to be the character that had the flash bang. If I was JET, I would have had to. Like, there's so many things that fell into place in that moment. There was like a I took out two of them because they came in in like towards me, and then one of them was hiding around a corner. But the only reason I knew that they were there is because I threw that flash bang and they reacted by just firing. So I saw the bullets coming, So I was like, if I was JET, I wouldn't have been able to do that. I would have like thrown my cloud burst down, which is another kind of like AoE smoke effect, but they wouldn't have needed to fire. So it was like perfect moment, a bunch of things. And also the wildest thing is if you look, I had six bullets left in my magazine going up against two enemies, like, so I like had the perfect amount of bullets. The last bullet that hit the final enemy ended and I reload animation started, and like, I didn't immediately think to switch to my knife, so I let the reload animation play out, which meant the bomb got one like got closer to exploding, and then I immediately switched to my knife and ran over, so like I think I diffused the bomb on the very last second, like the last last second, and I was like, shit, that was wild, but like I think that's going in Like you know, the the lad who does highlight reel Yea was like can I can I put that in there? I was like, yeah, go for it. I was watching.
Speaker 5: I was watching that clip and maybe maybe my butt clinch.
Speaker 2: So I've been playing like we played Jake and I played a bit as well, like we played over there was it last weekend?
Speaker 1: Last week Yeah, I'm not very good at this and then you were near the top of the leaderboard every time.
Speaker 2: But that was playing on the US Service. So I had Mad leg as well, so like better like it was me Jake, Matt was there as well, and then I played with Melissa who's a friend, and Tucker who's in the US like friend and friends that I met through like Andy Cortez's streams and that kind of stuff. And yeah, whenever I play with Andy or Melissa or Tucker or like Mad those those groups of people, it's I have to play on American Service and it's like it genuinely feels like training in the hyperbaric time chamber in Dragon Ballsy like where.
Speaker 1: Like ten Pining fifteen, Yeah, one hundred and fifty min.
Speaker 2: It's like one hundred and fifty seven. So like everything I have to do early and nothing feels like it's hitting. But I like play with I play with Andy Salcery as well. It's the same thing. And then I go back into my EU servers and I feel like rock Lee after he's dropped his weights and I'm just like running around just headshowing everyone. It's wild. But yeah, that game isn't That game is so so satisfying, And yeah, they do. They There's so many smart things happening in that game. Like my favorite thing is like when you get consecutive kills. Every time you kill someone, it plays like a musical note, and then if you keep changing, it's like bump bump, bump bump, and like if you do like loads of kills in a row, it's just like it's They make killing so satisfying in that game. And because it's like one click as well, Like if you're like good, I've reached a point where I'm so focused on just trying to one tap everyone. This is so satisfying to see an enemy just put your cross on them and click once and they're gone, and like you're like, god, it feels so good. And then you go back and then like I love Overwatch, but like I go back to Overwatch and I'm like just firing into shields for like twenty minutes at a time for an engagement, and just like I miss just being like like just it all being skill based instead of like all these wacky like And we have a friend who used to who we play a bunch of a gains we used to play way more with called fa and he would describe Overwatch as Mario Party first person shooter, and like now I feel it. Now I get what he's talking about, because it's just it's silly season constantly, like especially after playing loads of like Valerie and CS. But yeah, I'm trying to get more people to play with me because like especially in the UK side, like no one in the UK already plays it that much. I'm trying to get Dave on it. So I mostly just stream it and do like Spike Rush and and I just got into Ranked the other day and played my first ranked. My lost because my team was being real weird about it. But like i'mum addicted to that. Now that's all I'm playing. Damn, that's what's up. That is what's up. And you know what else is up? News? We don't have a lot of news except we have a lot of news, but we're just going to get through it real quickly. So you have a choice here. Do you want to hear about someone going to jail or do you want to hear about companies being brought up?
Speaker 4: Jill jail?
Speaker 2: You want to get getting locked up? Yeah, he's getting locked up. Smallville actor Alison Mack has been sentenced to.
Speaker 3: She mhm blackmailed coerced women into joining a sex cult and she gets.
Speaker 2: Three years years. So people who don't know she was part of Nexium. The cult, uh that was kind of like headed up by Keith Rinieri and was like they recruited people as like sex slaves for this. This to this dude who's an absolute top ten fucking herb like, how are you falling for this? Like I looked at him and I was like, they're like And I watched the documentary on HBO. What was it called again?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, The Vow, The.
Speaker 2: Vow or something like that, So I like I listened to the podcast about it, red loads about and then HBO did the documentary, so that was my first time actually seeing him and the people in there like they're like, yeah, he was very charismatic and he was very like handsome, and they cut to and I'm like, this dude's a herb. What were you talking about.
Speaker 7: Us?
Speaker 2: Like, why are you standing this guy?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: That's like the biggest proof that like brainwashing is very very real because if you convince a bunch of women to like do this insane shit for him.
Speaker 3: It was a self help cult, yeah, meets multi level marketing scam with like a fraternity and a sorority within it. And they specifically targeted actors in Vancouver and l A who were like once famous but was struggling. So like they got a bunch of people from Battlestar.
Speaker 2: Grace Park tried to was part of it for a bit. Yeah, they got she tried to from. Yeah, Kelly from Battlestar was a big one that she tried to get. Kristin Krook, who played Lana Lang in Smallville.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: She was in it and and like yeah, she she got a lot of celebrities in there. So she got into jail for three years, should be longer, but yeah done. I don't know what's kind of of Keith and Yeary he should be like in jail?
Speaker 4: Did get Yeah?
Speaker 2: I still want to say damn see later. Sucker's next new story. PlayStation buying everyone up. They've bought house Mark, creators of a return.
Speaker 3: PlayStations bought house in this because.
Speaker 2: They're all moving in together.
Speaker 5: They bought three houses.
Speaker 2: They will fire em them three houses. Uh so yeah, PlayStations Boathouse Mark, nothing more to that really, just a great story for house Mark. Really. They they create a bunch of games and then they were like, nobody buys our kind of games anymore, so we're going to make a new kind of game. And then it was great and now Sony are like, we're going to buy you. Yeah, Sony has also today or yesterday by the time we listened to this, purchased Nixus Software. It was basically a studio created out a former Rise of the tomb Raider developers I think it was or they they made the free sixty version of Rise of the tom Rader sorry, and they worked on marvels Avengures and they make loads of PC ports. So Blood Born piece of port Win, That's what I'm saying. And then fun Coom has purchased a studio called The Outsiders, which was set up by David Goldfarp, formerly of the Battlefield Development Dice. And that is the news for this week. What we're gonna do now is move on to Jacob McCourt's episode one hundred quiz, created by Jacob mccaugh.
Speaker 3: Wholesome, Jacob very intrigued by this. Yes, yes, a quiz about the podcast? Is it a quiz about.
Speaker 4: It's a quiz about the podcast? We have a math section, and then we have a memory section.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we'll start with the math.
Speaker 1: Did we do it for the fiftieth? We did?
Speaker 4: Jacob also, Yeah, he hit me up and he said, do you want me to do a one hundred and one like I did with the fifty? And I'm like absolutely because that was a very good time. So all right, why don't we just get this started?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: First question, this is the mass section. How many episodes are actually in the feed? Hint it's not one hundred?
Speaker 3: Oh how many? How many like spoiler reviews?
Speaker 2: Spoilers?
Speaker 3: I think one hundred? How are we doing this? We chiming in?
Speaker 4: Are we're going around the room, Sun go around the room. And I don't know the answer either. I haven't looked at any of the answers.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say one hundred and nine.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say that.
Speaker 1: I'll say one hundred and eight.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was gonna say one oh eight, But I'll say one ten.
Speaker 4: Dang, I was gonna say one time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say one hundred and six.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, I guess I gotta go one to eleven. Uh, all right, the answer is uh, one o nine. Technically I should just doubled, but technically one ten if you count this episode.
Speaker 6: Oh not in the feed though, Sorry, it's not down to feed, all right.
Speaker 4: Total hours podcasted.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get a calculator up and say.
Speaker 5: What average two hours per Yeah, it's actually.
Speaker 4: One thirty one twenty.
Speaker 2: Hours. I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say two hundred and twenty two. That's a lot of hours, Broe.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say two hundred.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say one hundred and sixty three hours and thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I'll say, like you know, the vibes to ten. Okay, all right, and the answer is, oh, one hundred and fifty eighteen hours.
Speaker 3: Is that, Michael?
Speaker 5: I guess since I'm the closest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought we did a bunch of three hours or two and a half hour once.
Speaker 4: We've done a couple of those. We haven't done that many. I think we've only done like two or three that have gone that high. What is the average length of the podcast across all episodes.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say one hour and forty minutes.
Speaker 6: Gonna say one hour fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, how do I an hour and an hour? Does somebody say hour twenty five minutes? No, No, that's That's what I'm going with.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna say an hour in twenty three minutes. I changed my mind.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say one hour and twenty seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sticking with my one hour and forty all.
Speaker 4: Right, eighty seven?
Speaker 1: So that's an hour.
Speaker 5: That's one hour twenty seven Holy shit.
Speaker 3: I swear I did not look at this before.
Speaker 4: I mean you can't because it Jacob only. So I don't know how you.
Speaker 1: Winking he could have DM loosey to sh didn't.
Speaker 4: Have episodes gotten longer or shorter since episode fifty. I'm gonna say shorter.
Speaker 2: Sure yeah, sure that we've made concerted efforts to make him sure yeah, shorter.
Speaker 5: I think so too, right, because like when we used to do do them in office, it's like yo vibing you know es, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Full point is coming out? How many seconds were wasted cracking the four points into the microphone?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: The answer is shorter by twelve minutes?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, all right, you're doing math.
Speaker 4: Have episode title has gotten longer or shorter since episode so well, I have that one episode title that's got the maybe the record for longest. Uh, I'm gonna say longer, probably, yeah, longer.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say sure. Yeah, I'm gonna say shorter.
Speaker 3: Because we used to like list everything and we've just sort of gone.
Speaker 2: I guess we had a period where we would put people's names in them because we had guests, and then we had not as much. Yeah yeah, but like then we would list games and stuff we were talking about for a period.
Speaker 5: All right, let's see, probably shorter than I'll change my hands changing the shorter too.
Speaker 4: Oh god, all right, I was gonna stick with longer, But the answer is shorter by a little over one character. Oh I love. I love the very specificness of the map done here. How many different people have appeared on the show?
Speaker 2: Oh, different people?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Remember for including guests?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I get them on the third time. I'm gonna say like eighteen, I'm gonna say seventeen.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say like twenty two.
Speaker 3: Twenty had au had like oh yeah, various folks around our office we've had, guess, and I was.
Speaker 5: Gonna say twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say twenty one, twenty one.
Speaker 4: I'm a stick good mine.
Speaker 2: I got twenty one people to go. Whoa?
Speaker 4: Sixty six?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What the wow?
Speaker 1: Do we even know? Sixty six people did that?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 2: I guess if you count is this counting just games for After Dark or we counting like spoiler reviews, because then you're adding like.
Speaker 4: Max and yeah, I guess I spoiler reviews.
Speaker 2: If you're counting spoiler reviews, yeah, in the feed, I can't even think of sixty six people that I know.
Speaker 1: Next episode, you guys need to try to name everyone who's been on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh man, there's a bunch of folks that we had, like as guests, like mc fixer was on.
Speaker 3: And Simon Cardy Gregg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess we did have a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Damn. I think out to sixty nine and they call it there.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, no more people allowed on? Who will be our sixty ninth guest though?
Speaker 2: No new friends? I don't know Phil Spencer? H yeah we do, you got Phil Spencer?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Which people have appeared on the most shows? So top five?
Speaker 3: Top five people who appear on the most.
Speaker 8: Definitely Tam and Lucy, Jake, No, I don't think. I think Jake, Cally, Jake Cally, Lucy.
Speaker 2: And me.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's five, right, those four, and then probably Jean Luke, I would say, Jean Luke.
Speaker 2: Jean Luke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, there's been there have been lost.
Speaker 2: Here make sen.
Speaker 6: I don't well, I.
Speaker 1: I think it's me, Lucy, Timore, Cally, and Jean Luke.
Speaker 4: Yes, me too, all right, Yes that is correct. Jake has been on eighty four times, Lucy has been on sixty six times. CALLI has been on sixty four times. I've been on fifty two times, and Timore has been on forty nine times. Let's go surprise. I figured it out. I'd be the lowest.
Speaker 1: But you guys still got some catching up today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you reached the Podfather. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh ooh, it's my get all depressing. What percentage of the show has been from home?
Speaker 1: I think I know the exact number for this. I think I'm pretty sure it's.
Speaker 2: Like sixty sixty Yeah, six, I'd say sixty sixty six percent. Yes, I'm gonna go sixty let's good.
Speaker 1: Thirty five, sixty five? I think is it it's sixty five or sixty six. I'm willing to bet this episode.
Speaker 4: I'll say sixty sixty four. Okay, answer is eighty two.
Speaker 1: I guess because we did more more, there were more, we did more spoilers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did more.
Speaker 1: But I think our last one in the office was like thirty four thirty five or something. I remember it was Peter Brown's last episode, or was Peter brown last day?
Speaker 4: Was the last day in the office.
Speaker 1: Had been canceled, and we were talking about you three being canceled.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things that make me feel like depressed by the passage of time lately. That is near the top.
Speaker 1: Now you're welcome.
Speaker 4: Wait, what eighty two do you think it's like the amount of spoiler cast, but you would get that new couch for the that's moving on now to the whole set is gone for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that can't be right, rip.
Speaker 4: I mean the couch. We still the couch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we still have all the bits, but it's just not in that room. We moved floors.
Speaker 2: No, we'll have to sit up a new place, all right.
Speaker 4: So moving on to the episode memories section. On episode fifty two of the show, Calli and Lucy both said that they cackle that they cracked this beverage. At the same time, they went on to say that if this drink maker sponsored the show, they would change the name of the show. What drink was it?
Speaker 2: Law?
Speaker 5: It was white Claw. I was figured it'd be a four point.
Speaker 1: Because there's episode fifty two. Were working from.
Speaker 3: Yeah into clause in a big way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, do we have to name the flavor? It will be lime for Lucy?
Speaker 5: Okay, so white claw lime, white claw raspberry for Cali.
Speaker 2: I don't think we will.
Speaker 4: Jacob probably doesn't know if he does not know the flavor. The answer was indeed white claw. And you guys said you would rename the show to the White Claw cast for good.
Speaker 2: Wow, spot off the claw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I stand by it. White claws are expensive in the UK, so Whiteael. If you're listening.
Speaker 2: White Claw and co Fresh Bombay mix, hit us up.
Speaker 3: I will take diet coke though UK diet coca is so much better than.
Speaker 5: American Yes, all right, I fuck y'all.
Speaker 4: I don't like die Cox. I'd be willing to. I'd be willing to try it.
Speaker 2: See if I like it, better do that real coke brawl.
Speaker 8: Oh no.
Speaker 4: Next question, does Chris from Dayton, Ohio still listen to the show? No?
Speaker 3: No, unless Jacob is included. And here's a special guest video. It's Chris from day.
Speaker 2: He's gonna appear in this in this zoom called I called, oh no, what a fuck? What a nightmare?
Speaker 4: The answer, no, one knows.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's true too, Sure it's true.
Speaker 2: Tried, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh what friend of the show got a feature on episode fifty seven, even though he was mostly just screaming in the background.
Speaker 1: It was like a episode and I felt bad because people probably clicked on it thinking Greg Miller would be.
Speaker 4: All right, he would call it like.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: The answer was indeed, Greg Miller. Uh which promotional booze? Got Lucy James and Ryan Peterson very drunk in the middle of a Tuesday afternoon shoot and.
Speaker 2: It was just a Game of Thrones? Was the Game of Thrones? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was Game of Thrones wine?
Speaker 3: Game of Thrones wine.
Speaker 4: Is that twice that you've done a yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you send promotional wine, I will drink.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The the was Assassin's Creed wine with Mike and then Ryan and I drank the Game of Thrones wine, which was very strong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like.
Speaker 2: Damn yeah, the standard. Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: I like a full point.
Speaker 4: Who won the Great Console Debate in episode sixty seven?
Speaker 5: Oh I know that answer.
Speaker 2: I think it was Michael. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Michael. Yeah, he went in.
Speaker 4: It was Michael Hyam. Embarrassing gamers.
Speaker 1: Speaking of embarrassing, Matt Paget and Jacob McCourt does a trivia show and he had me and Matt Paget on and Matt Paget was beating me the entire time, and I beat him right at the end. If you want to see the ultimate disrespect, shout out to Jacob McCort for doing that, and also it is it is embarrassing Matt didn't talk to me for like two weeks after that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It is like he was beating me by a hugely the entire time. And then there was one question where he gambled all those points.
Speaker 4: And I gambled, oh, no, last question.
Speaker 1: But it was about Advent Rising, which for some reason, I know about that game because I played it, and he was like, I've never heard of this before. Damn, So shout out to Jacob McCourt again.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Was the sixty ninth episode sixty minutes long? Yes, no, I'm gonna say no, that feels way too short.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, it was not.
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 2: Damn it was. Though.
Speaker 4: How long did it take the team to say nice on the sixty ninth episode, Oh, seven seconds? Well, I'm gonna say, you gotta count thirty seconds for the intro song to play and then uh, hey, what's the podcast introducing this person? And then nice? So I'm gonna say like forty seconds.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say ten seconds.
Speaker 3: I said seven so.
Speaker 5: Tech well, because then if you're counting the intro unless the intro was something like.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a very nice episode. Of Games for After Dark.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I said welcome to episode sixty nine, and then everyone just said nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think we all said nice as our intro.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to episode sixty nine Games Fall after Dark. Nice. I think that's why it.
Speaker 5: Was Yeah, like so like seven, I say say, I'll say seventeen seconds.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you guys aren't counting the the intro. Oh, I'm counting the intro, the intro int I've gotten the music. Intro thirty seconds, contro thirty seconds. I'm counting, okay, really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty six.
Speaker 5: Seven seconds, forty two seconds.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say forty five okay. I guess he didn't count the intro then because nine seconds. So, but but if we'll we'll we'll retroactively take thirty off. So okay, So I said basically twelve uh. Which game won the best game Calli's dad played in the twenty twenty After Dark Awards. It's definitely like Call of Duty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Doo doo more Metro Doom twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say it's metrope the line.
Speaker 2: I think it's metro.
Speaker 4: Line, like yeah, because I remember she is twenty twenty twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I think it was Metro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because he started reading the novels after that.
Speaker 4: Yay. Yeah, I miss hearing about Kelly's dad. What's he up to? What game are you playing?
Speaker 3: I'm just quick texting, go yeo, how's he d good one?
Speaker 4: You should play VALORIANE with Kelly's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, let's cool.
Speaker 4: Uh the answer was Metro Last Light.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 4: When did the theme for game Spot after Dark change?
Speaker 6: Oh, episode seventy something.
Speaker 4: There was no rhyme or reason. I remember one day Jake was just like, I'm changing the theme because.
Speaker 1: No, it was because we changed the logo.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was because we changed the logo. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I figured we needed a song refresh, and like three people were like the intro you have sounds like softcore porn music, and I was like, I mean, I'm okay with those vibes, but we should probably change.
Speaker 2: I never thought of that for a reason. Uh, it's an episode seventy episode sixty nine, seventy five. I'll get one of these.
Speaker 1: Seventy No, I'm going to say seventy two, seventy one, I'll say sixty nine, yes, go Sean Duke.
Speaker 4: Uh seventy five. Okay, okay, how many games got spoiler casts? Think?
Speaker 2: Well, Yakuza Persona Final seven, Control, Pona, Lost of Us. Yeah, so I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: Eightium, Medium, Medium, Yeah, I'm going to say eight, one hundred.
Speaker 2: And nine episodes Strikers. One episode would be Ja was on Strikers.
Speaker 3: Trailer yep so eight So yeah, eight.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 4: The answer is eight damned all the games. Yes, it was Control, Final, Fantasy, Last of Us, Cyberpunk, the Medium, Yakuza Persona five, and Persona five, Strikers. See, I don't even remember you're saying this. JOHNI talked about the podcast rules on episode eighty eight. What's the first rule of podcasting?
Speaker 2: According to him, don't don't talk in podcasts.
Speaker 4: Have a good microphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember this moment, but I don't remember what you said.
Speaker 4: I don't remember this at all.
Speaker 2: Everyone should have the same microphone.
Speaker 6: I think it's like I think it was, it was don't eat on.
Speaker 2: Mic or something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I mean that is a good rule, but I.
Speaker 1: Think it was a joke. I think it was like you should eat on mic or something.
Speaker 2: No slurping.
Speaker 4: The answer is don't speak until you're introduced. That's right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Okay, the fuck that ship. Okay, this is a one for not Michael to answer. This is what is Michael's typical greeting when introduced on the show.
Speaker 2: Ah, I know what it is? You're that would be number two fools, d like listen to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see all I remember.
Speaker 1: What I remember is at the end you always say follow me on Twitter for all my.
Speaker 6: Your and uh, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would say it's it's probably what to do.
Speaker 5: Baby, Yeah, that's exactly what it is, baby, shouts out to Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 4: A few episodes ago, Lucy spoke about TAM's superpower.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know what it is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was it was with regards to Death Loop, the Death Loop preview, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 4: Oh, like say what you were talking about? Like TAM's like amazing ability to just like just write the most amazing like prose possible, even though like according to Tam, he was literally just rolled out of bed and just yeah or he had like he.
Speaker 3: Had two hours sleep and he was under a really tight deadline and he wrote something incredible.
Speaker 2: Is that one super Bowl one of them I think that was it. I'll take it.
Speaker 4: It was like great sayings, expressions and jokes out of his ass at a moment's notice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh that's gross.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? Something's got to go in those booties?
Speaker 4: Okay. In episode ninety six, Michael fantasy booked episode one hundred with four people not from GameSpot. Who did he put on the show?
Speaker 2: Wow, don't even remember that. I don't even remember.
Speaker 7: Probably Blessed, Blessing talk, Natalie Flores. Yeah, that's probably maybe.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: I guess that would I would love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, I don't even remember saying that.
Speaker 6: Bill Spencer, Oh that would be great.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know. Bless Natalie Flores, uh, funky? And who is the other one? Jan Jan? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or Jane would be producing it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All stars baby.
Speaker 4: Okay, we were completely wrong. We didn't get any of that right. Okay, now I want that podcast. It was Jake Calli, Peter, and Daniel Dwyer. This sounds I would Michael for creating the podcast, say like, why.
Speaker 5: Would I cast a fully white podcast?
Speaker 2: I would never do that.
Speaker 1: I think it was. I'm probably sad that we weren't there anymore.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good crew though, like I would, I would, I'd listen to that.
Speaker 5: I think it was like something was like, I don't know off the top of the brain when yeah, I'll never do that, just bec Daniel Dwyer.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Uh final question, have there been more shows with the new logo or the old logo?
Speaker 5: I think the old one, right, yeah, because you said you switched around sixty or seven.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, yeah, probably old one then yeah, No, I think I think iTunes also has an updated like if you scroll back far enough, it still has the old one.
Speaker 4: It does it does? Its actually kind of cool. I'm gonna still say now I'm gonna I'm gonna guess now more with the new one. More, I'm gonna say more more with the old The answer is new logo, oh, the old logo and seventy one percent with the new logo.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I didn't change the song with the logo.
Speaker 2: Shout shout out to Miranda for instigating that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's great logo.
Speaker 4: And that is the end of the Jacob McCourt one episode twise.
Speaker 2: Amazing, appreciate it. Hell yeah, And with that, let's move on to listener questions. If you would like to email this very podcast, you can hit us up at after Dark podcast at GameSpot dot com, or you can join our discord server. If you wann't entry into discord server, you can DM either me or Lucy and we will run a background check. We'll check your your kind of credit levels, credit rating, and then we'll decide whether you're allowed in or not. First question comes from Maria or Aka series business in the discord, Jake, can you read that please?
Speaker 6: Because we know you'd have to read out someone else read it.
Speaker 2: Michael Hyam read that a ship.
Speaker 5: Okay, when you reach the age of one hundred in the UK, you qualify for a birthday message from the Queen.
Speaker 3: Is that true if you do get a telegram from the Queen?
Speaker 5: If O Liz was to send a game invite to g SAD for it's one hundredth episode, what game do you think she'd want to play with you? PS, congrats on reaching a hundred episodes. This podcast and the batch of good eggs on the G SAD discord make for one of the best communities in video games. And thanks for being such a positive force and keeping all the wrong ins and bad vibes that day. Yeah, shouts out to Maria.
Speaker 1: She'd want to play we sports golf with that golden Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Gold Undertail Rain Undertail. I can play undertail with the Queen mount your friends. Her husband's kicked it, so she wants to see some swinging wangs.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm going to say Crusader King's three. Yeah. I think she's got some good tactics. She could help me out with.
Speaker 2: The Royal The Royal family is the very definition of failing upwards, so I doubt it would be very useful in any sort of actual strategy. I would, I would, I would, Just for the record, I would. I would like to decline the invites. I'd be like I A'm playing ship with you.
Speaker 3: I just feel like she wouldn't understand how I use to call him because it's also it's not even moms. I Am not going to be shot calling and ending everything with me, and.
Speaker 2: The mic would be too close to her face and it would be real weird. There's an enemy behind you?
Speaker 3: Why she sound like Yoda?
Speaker 2: Jean? Look, can you read the next question please?
Speaker 4: This is from Jeremy Says, in honor of the one hundredth episode, what's everyone's favorite games that they've put one hundred plus hours into? Ooh, I feel like this is cheating because you're obligated to put at least one hundred hours into it, which is a person of four Golden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, not true. I finally beat Persona four Golden took me like forty five hours.
Speaker 4: Oh slipped that shit, though, you skipped?
Speaker 6: Like that's true.
Speaker 1: I cranked out. I made it as easy as possible because I'd played through the first half of that game twice and I was like, I'm just gonna get through this quick.
Speaker 2: Damn. Okay, all right, I respect it.
Speaker 1: So technically I've probably played that game over one hundred hours.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah for me, it's the same with Jean Luke, like Persona five Royal but also a Final Fantasy fourteen. You know what I'm saying, You have to put one hundred hours of them?
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah, probably Overwatch maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, like mass Effect, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mass Effect, blood Mine's blood Bone.
Speaker 3: Easy, Mine's part of the Overwatch actually at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blut Bone's mine.
Speaker 6: Jake probably the Witcher three.
Speaker 1: But I've also played one hundred hours of Siege more than one hundred hours of Siege and that's the game that I still come back to regularly. Or PUBG is one that I've been thinking about replaying lately, and I put like four hundred and fifty hours in that game.
Speaker 2: Remember those days?
Speaker 4: Kind of what is that?
Speaker 3: What that tea was full?
Speaker 4: They have Jonathan Freaks reading like lower entries or something. She's like he's like sitting at a desk and he's doing like lore stuff for the PUBG universe.
Speaker 3: He's from Star Trek. He's what's his name, uh, number one riker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Get him on that. He's this other guy. Does that mean what was it?
Speaker 3: No, it's I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He also directed the Thunderbirds moving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, great job to him. Prolific o cares seem keep them busy, Lucy. Can you read this question from Jacob McCAT please? Yes?
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: Jacob coll says, have you all done or heard of The Centurion? In The Centurion, you do one hundred shots of beer or mixed drinks in one hundred minutes. I do not condone heavy drinking, but if you were to do this in honor of a hundred episodes, what alcohol would you choose? And what songs would be on your Centurion playlist? Thank you and congrats on one hundred episodes. I have not personally tried it, but I have been there when people have and it is messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beer sounds easy, but it's not. Don't choose catch you just well, you're mostly just drinking like foam at that point because you're just pouring more and more and more and you will throw up.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was like, the other thing was like hour and a half hour of power or some shit, and yeah, did you do like thirty shots of beer in thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: And we're like, hell, yeah I could and how many? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It sounds easy until it's not. But I'd be down to try it. Gonna act, so you gotta cover me there?
Speaker 1: But what what? What?
Speaker 2: What's?
Speaker 5: What was the other part?
Speaker 2: What songs would be on your playlist? No Hands from.
Speaker 5: From Brick Squad, Dash Walk a Floka and Roscoe Dash No Hands, That's that's a great song.
Speaker 3: To drink too, oh, Maria asked as a follow ups, that is, if you don't want to drink and for Tim suing a food of some sort of wings, chicken, nuggets, sour sweets, etcetera.
Speaker 2: I think I could go to one hundred hot wings pretty easily if there's no time limit.
Speaker 3: No, there is.
Speaker 6: One a minute.
Speaker 2: None. No, I cannot do that undred one piece of Bombay mix. One piece of Bombay mix. You couldn't even eat the top wings or chicken nuggets that fast. Like I think skittles. I could probably do sour skittles because you don't even have to chew those. You just have to swallow him and then like pills, Yeah, just take them like pills.
Speaker 1: You know what I do?
Speaker 3: Those so Patch Kids watermelons. Oh yeah, they are my favorite's one and.
Speaker 2: One hundred minutes.
Speaker 1: Though it's supposed to be kind of rough though, you're not just supposed to pick something you really like, but it's a.
Speaker 3: Sour candy and so like, even if I've had a handful of it, it's still.
Speaker 1: Start to tear up your mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't imagine what your stomach's gonna feel like after that shit, bro exactly.
Speaker 2: That would be awful?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Final question comes from Kevin Jake. Can you read that? It's literally two lines? Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, after Darker's congrats on episode one hundred, if you could send your episode oneself a message about podcasting, What would it be? I excellently already answered this.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty well done.
Speaker 1: In the discord, I said that I would get ready for work from home or podcasts from home, because that's going to be most of the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say to my episode oneself, Uh, you good dog, that's it. Just keep doing your thing, man, it ain't nothing, ain't nothing, have.
Speaker 2: A good time. I think that would be the message. Make sure you're having a good time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think I know what i'd say.
Speaker 1: I think I would have told myself to have more variety on the show, like more people from the office and stuff like that, because that was we had, like I don't want to talk about it too much, but we had kind of like weird messaging where it was like try to stick with the core cast, but like no one really said anything if we deviated from that. So I wish I had like just had more of a mix on especially those earlier episodes. Yeah, there are not those earlier episodes, but those like middle episodes when it was just like the same four people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a period where we were being told how growth can happen, and it led to some things that were there's nothing wrong with it. It's just like it meant that we focused in in a way that a format that was like perhaps not the best I would like, I.
Speaker 1: Think it was good. Like I think there were really good aspects of it, Like I think we definitely found the footing in that show because of them, But like there are a lot of people that.
Speaker 6: I really wanted to get on that it was just there were forces against that.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I would. I would go back and say the same thing as well, like trying and mix it up more. And I mean that's not something that we'll probably start we're doing a lot of now, but I think we'll probably start figuring out. I think we'll do a do a kind of like an audit of the podcast anyway, so we can figure out what kind of fun stuff that we can add to it.
Speaker 5: If there was one, like one thing I would I would actually say to myself is that you don't have to say everything in one episode. Yeah, And I think that like when whenever I got on, I was like, oh, this is an opportunity, so I have to say everything that I want to say, uh, and it would take you too much times Like no, we'll have an opportunity to do this again sometime before. It's it's not like a video where you have to get it all out in this one video. It's like, it's a series. You can have one hundred episodes, so you'll have an opportunity to get that thought out later down the line if it doesn't need to be in this episode.
Speaker 2: And so I think that that's good advice. And with that comes to a close, the one hundredth episode of GameSpot after Dark and Lucy James is one thousandth video. Congratulations Lucy, and congratulations to everyone who is on this podcast, and congratulations to you, Jake. You made something that lasted one hundred podcasts. It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. Yeah, I mean, given how podcasts that GameSpot have gone in the past, I was like, yeah, you know, maybe we'll get through thirty episodes and then they'll be like like get busy, and.
Speaker 2: I mean, you did big. There will be blood energy. I've abandoned my boy, I've abandoned my child.
Speaker 4: There's a notion of podcasts on our feet.
Speaker 2: I have a podcast, and you have a podcast. But thank you for joining us, Jake. Where can people find you? And what you up to these days?
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jacob Deck if for some reason you listen to games stuff Jerk and you're like, man, I just need to hear more Jake Decker. I do a podcast with that paget and one of my friends Stewart called The Nuclear Fridge, And this week's episode is just an hour about splinter self. So if that sounds like you're kind of thing, you should give it a listen.
Speaker 4: Do you guys make a version where it's only your audio but you like cut.
Speaker 1: Out like Matt, like, I'll get on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll get on yeah, like a special subscriber. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's a great podcast. I listened to it every week. I'm with the episodes behind because of E three, but like it's a good fun time.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I highly recommend it. Michael, what you up to?
Speaker 5: You find me and all my bullshit at Michael P. Hiam on Twitter dot com and and uh yeah, uh GameSpot dot com as well. I don't know you've boys been going through it so, uh, I don't know. I got a lot of ship to figure out my life, and you can find you can keep up it probably on.
Speaker 2: Twitter, so Michael Pie, Him the Peace, Pinot, Jean.
Speaker 4: Luc John Linksypeke. I've just been doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff. I've been taking a break after after ethere and play for all. But I'm gonna be doing some some cool stuff. You might see me in the behind the scenes on a couple of cool things you might not expect. I'm kind of excited about. Uh so, yeah, it should be fun, fun, fun change pace for next week or two.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what you're talking about, so I'm excited by this. Lucy, what are you? What you? Where are you and what you up to?
Speaker 3: Hopefully taking some time off. I'm out next I'm out next week. I'm out next week. Yeah, but I've been in the UK for two months and I haven't managed to go see my mum yet and hell, hath no fury like a Northern woman scorned. So I will be going up to Newcastle for a little break which will be very nice and I'll get see my nieces. I'm on Twitter at Lucy James Games. The only thing I've been up to really this week, like decompressing from E three and playfroll is we did video tam and I and Chris Morris from the UK with the devs behind Mass Effect, so Mac Walters, Brennan Holmes, and Melanie Faulkner, and they talked about sort of their favorite moments from across the trilogy and they sort of just break down like what it was like at the time working at Buywear on those scenes. Some cool stories, specifically about the creation of biotic charge, which is one of my favorite abilities in the game. So that's up now if you want to check that out.
Speaker 2: Sweet and I'm on Twitter at tom more h. I'm also going to be taken next week off, but I'm gonna I might pop into the podcast if Joan nic will allow it. No, I hate to see it. I'm supposed to be the host as well see it, but otherwise, Yeah, you can find me on Twitter to my h. I'm also streaming Valiant now and then on Twitch tomorrow. H there as well. And that's pretty much it. We'll see you again next week. In the meantime, be cool, look after each other, drink loads of water, and get loads of sleep. Bye everyone, Thank you, thanks for watching. To another one hundred, Hey,