Speaker 1: Wow, Mama, I made it this Thursday, September twelfth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the Yellow Show about Spartan Dogs, hosted by Spartan Dogs.
Speaker 2: This is Spartan ms U.
Speaker 1: I'm your host, Jason straight Horn, and this is my co host, Cedric swerve it Er. You thought you had it all down. You have thought you had my cadence and everything I saw you.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Two and O two?
Speaker 4: N O baby two and O two and oh, I don't care when nobody say, and it's an easily three.
Speaker 3: You know, we ain't knowing today. We ain't.
Speaker 4: We ain't Michigan from years ago. It's an easy three in oh, straight trust me. And I'm too no game closer to doubling the mortgage.
Speaker 1: Baby, I hear what you're saying. And this is your first time joining the show. We want to welcome you to the show. This is not we thank you for your loyalty and let us know where you're watching from. I know, I mean this is recorded just so everyone knows. But I know Woody's number one, just in case. But we got a Jampax show today. It's where we gotta talk about. You know, we got a couple of players. We're gonna talk to current players. We got a future dog and we gotta break down what's gonna happen on Saturday evening afternoon against Perry View A and M. But before we do all of that stuff, man, we just gotta figure out what's going on. Man, I see the you got the guns out, you got the is that Cleaves jersey?
Speaker 3: Only wear one jersey? That's it, that's it. I want I'm only wearing one jersey? Baby, is it signed? Oh? You better know. I'm gonna sell it. You know what's he Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going on e Bay or whatever they're doing now, Twitter or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna wear an actual podcast warn he signed so so warned by Cedric Irvin.
Speaker 2: Signed by my team Cleve.
Speaker 3: More money, more money, more money.
Speaker 2: Man, you just saying it?
Speaker 1: Man, two and oh a lot to get into the Spartan dogs have been, you know, celebrating the win on the road against Maryland, and last couple of days ago we just had Nick Marshawn, who was the offensive player of the game, but said, man, we're gonna bring on nothing but the best.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We're talking about your boy, the honey badger, the defensive player of the game.
Speaker 3: Bring him on in like you say straight.
Speaker 4: This is my honey badger, because I've been watching him and I told you guys last week Maryland, when the quarterback get under the center, he get his shotgun. He gotta find where's zero at because you don't want to go where.
Speaker 3: Zero at zero is dangerous. I told you I got a nickname for him, and I got a model five over six folk. He played the boy, play big the boy.
Speaker 4: I mean he pound for pound, he may be one of the best players on the team. Yeah, I know the quarterback say he's the best in the big ten, which he gonna end up being. I know we got I know we got a freshman, big time receiver. I know we got some linebackers that can do what they do. But poundful pound zero is there. Whatever you want. He tough, he gonna come up and hit you in your mouth. He can cover, he can run, and he can do it all. And guess what, he's my honey badger.
Speaker 5: But he's fivefoon on a six Folk, Bradley, Come on in, Burbit, Bradley, George is smarting a man shot.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Chuck, what's going on? Ro Man doing great?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: How are you doing? I mean, you out here making play after play. Tell us how it feels.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean you had, you know, have a couple of injuries, but man, you look like you're playing some of your best.
Speaker 2: Ball right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean I was just ready to get back out there. You know last year, you know, I had a couple of injuries.
Speaker 6: But I'm one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: So that's all I think about, right guy, You know, I'll think I'll think about where my feet is.
Speaker 1: Stay, where your feet are, be where your feet are right. So, I mean, man, it's we were just talking off camera before. It seemed like they always are trying to you know, there's always defensive backs.
Speaker 2: Now it's like five that start the game.
Speaker 1: It's different back when in the day when Cedric and I play, you know, Nicholas Common now, but you were always on the field and you always seem to make plays. Where did that come from? And where where'd you learn that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just I have to grow up playing football, you know, I just I just I just love football and it's funny do it.
Speaker 6: I know I'm good at it.
Speaker 1: So they put you in the hitting drills early. Man, you was just good at hitting, because I mean you didn't like.
Speaker 3: You too fifty.
Speaker 7: Actually, I ain't started hitting to like my senior high school for I was.
Speaker 6: I was mainly cautching into session.
Speaker 7: My my soft my freshman, I ain't catch them in session. But my sophomore junior year, I had no my sophomore year, and I had eight my junior year fold my senior year. But mainly I had a couple of big hits my senior forest fumbles. That was what I was mainly because I knew I had to come. I was coming to the big ten. So I knew I had to start Clint Flint passing people.
Speaker 4: So so so so honey, honey, honey, And it's no what they got to say, no diddy or what they say was pouls okay, but you know, well you.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm sorry, honey, badger. Let me finish the whole thing.
Speaker 4: So so now you know, we got a lot of fans, We got a lot of people tuned in, right, And then you see your guys that they want to put on a quote, say, underside, what's your mentality when you step on the field, is that is that in the back of your head to show him like, hey, just watch me play, don't look at my side.
Speaker 7: Yeah all my mama, you know, my mama always told me, like I always told y'all, the bigger you is, the harder you fall.
Speaker 6: That's just all. That's what I went about.
Speaker 3: Damn right.
Speaker 4: You know one thing about him straight he he don't he ain't gonna give you no long sentes.
Speaker 3: He ain't got time for that chip. He just wanted to get straight to the point, get get his ancients. And that's it. So that's how we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Charles Folk tackles three of them solo. I think, man, you had a pig a pass defense. Just look at some of your highlights right here. If we can go to the tape, don't see I think that's the interception. So so talk about that play, man, like, you know, walk us through that when you lined up.
Speaker 2: Can we rewind that.
Speaker 6: I can't see it.
Speaker 2: Oh you can't see listen?
Speaker 6: Can you see that there?
Speaker 7: Okay? That play that was it was in the zone covers that play they're you know, I'm off I'm off man right now.
Speaker 6: Well, I was on coach. Was kind of like a like a match. It was a match man like a match is zone man.
Speaker 7: And I was I was just bling and they ran double slants, so I just start closing on the outside slant. And once I've seen a linebacker close on the wall and the mature receiver and break on the through and I've seen the ball, I'm like, hey, I'm going to get this.
Speaker 6: I see it coming out there. To get this, I just dove out for it.
Speaker 3: That's what's up, man.
Speaker 6: I know, I'm.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm supposed to be four up right now. But they took one away versus acting my sophomore ye.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It was good because in that game, I think, was it my teens got a pick and they flagged you for the PI.
Speaker 2: But you made up for it though with that. You came right back then.
Speaker 1: But then this is what I like the most too. I mean, I love turn we all we gotta love turnovers. But this right here pretty much amounted to a turnover to me. Look at this play, third and four, Chuck come up in there.
Speaker 4: WHOA I told you you got to find out were zerot because he gonna be all over the place. And they line him up in the inside and line him up on the eye side. You can put him in pump return, kick up man. The guys a playmaker. Man, even you remind.
Speaker 1: Me like you got a little bit of me in him, yeah, saying sticking your nose in there like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: He ain't doing it, doing not doing it at all. So go back to that play because you you you kind of contain out there like he's supposed to set the edge, but.
Speaker 3: Then you could.
Speaker 6: I can't see her now still, I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Can you can you put it? Can you put it up while we are all three on here, producer Shine? Is that possible?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Can you see that?
Speaker 6: I know I know what play you're talking about.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: Pa you're talking about. I know there's that play you're talking about. It was a full block. I don't know if you see the outside receiver. It wasn't man and man.
Speaker 7: You only see the outside receiver forward inside the uh the number two receivers, and I have to feel outside of him. A cracked when he cracked the block. So once he cracked. When I seen the car running there, I seen him cracking the car. Okay, so I know he's finna hit this whole. I gotta come with it. I mean, so I came and made sure he ain't get his momental and it was it was just me and him.
Speaker 2: I ain't let it be me.
Speaker 6: Ain't always told me to be the hammer, not the man.
Speaker 4: My word got my word, So not to to to to the fans that's in the in the in the and that's here watching. You gotta understand this. The guys playing the game, but he's being well coached. When you talk about Foe block blocking down when the receiver block down, or dB got the field right there, because now we got the outside. They're not just playing the game. They're being told the game where they get even top the game to you playing the game, being tot the game.
Speaker 3: But the Nigga taught the game straight that them bars playing the game being taut the game, and then Ny can toute the game.
Speaker 2: Bars ready for Chuck. What do you have to say about that? Because I don't know what the said.
Speaker 6: But you know I do what you say he said. He like, he's saying like that, I'm playing the game. Like I'm playing the game. I see, I see what's going on on, getting coach, what's going on? I'm talking what's growing up.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 4: We we we understand the bunny. Sure Florida, he would have been, he would have been in my class.
Speaker 2: There we go. There, we we have to advance. How about that trying to grow?
Speaker 3: He was when you from were you from Florida?
Speaker 2: You just do it?
Speaker 3: Were you from Florida?
Speaker 2: You just doing nothing?
Speaker 3: When you do when you're from Florida, you just do enough to get by.
Speaker 1: That is not true. That is not true. That ain't true. Everybody in Florida comor on.
Speaker 5: Man, yeah, all the football players football not true, not true.
Speaker 2: I see, Hey, that is not true at all. Man.
Speaker 1: Now you know you you you missed that. If the defense gives up the first on that, I mean they might, they might score. You know, you're you're down by a touchdown right there.
Speaker 6: It ain't.
Speaker 2: I can't have.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because right after that, after that play, you know, they missed the field goal and then you go down and school tied up. I mean that that and the rest is history. Baby, that was a beautiful play. We just want to give you your flowers. Man, come on here and say congratulations on being defensive player of the game.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you love how.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be many move y'all gonna see.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me do you leave? Let me ask you this, because we had your homeboard receive on Tuesday and he had silk sheets.
Speaker 3: In the dorm.
Speaker 2: There we go, Chuck, what the hell you?
Speaker 3: The sign is real, simple, beat, it.
Speaker 6: Says he wor up.
Speaker 4: So all I'm axing is because I see you've got a big screen TV in the back, some things we.
Speaker 3: Ain't have when I was. Now that you got the record?
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 3: Real, simple beat boy? I think you know what.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be back up in a few weeks. Man, I'm gonna come out john S. I see about. Hey, congratulations, Chuck, we see this weekend. Man.
Speaker 1: Keep on making plays, brother, Yes you're already now, all right, go green.
Speaker 3: Brother, go right. My man.
Speaker 1: Bradley doing it as he always does. Zero the honey Badger because we can't count. You're talking about the seats of everybody's word.
Speaker 4: No, no, straight, I was acting because it's receiver as teammate had them.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And I just want to know if that's so? Is that is that the new thing?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Far the whole team got silk sheets or you know, I ain't have no sheets, straight out, I ain't got no sheet.
Speaker 3: I'm straight.
Speaker 2: You know Miami projects, you know, Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 3: But straight. In the background, in.
Speaker 8: The background, it looked like he had a fifty to sixty ins that's what they got.
Speaker 6: Now we have money.
Speaker 2: They got money.
Speaker 3: Oh the boy got a fifty inch screen TV in college. Straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do man talk about I mean they in the business of making money. Speaking about business, let's listen to this message from my friends over great Matter Exchange.
Speaker 3: You know your ship.
Speaker 9: You are missing out on a shipload of savings. Most professionals don't know these things. You are entitled to refunds from FedEx, UPS and DHL for delivery and invoice errors. We can negotiate at least twenty percent rate discounts. Our free reports give you new insight into your accounts. There are no out of pocket costs. Let gray Matter Exchange help you unlock hidden savings and optimize your shipping operations. Get to know your ship.
Speaker 1: Look, we got to get to one of the first We've been talking to current players on the team. We're going to get to a future Spottan dogg, a guy who is committed to playball at Michigan State, who's from You know, we don't talk about that in a second.
Speaker 2: Swear you know. I know you got that jersey on right now.
Speaker 1: But we got to have one more message from our pancake buddies over at I Hope.
Speaker 2: Five dollars all you can eat pancakes or back at eye Hop for unlimited time.
Speaker 4: Or free with select combo purchase only at ihop.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do it right now, man. I mean, I know you like that unlimited pancake off.
Speaker 3: No, I got a problem with that.
Speaker 4: I need to talk to my man because when I went and paid the five dollars, I got there around like ten o'clock. By two thirty, they were telling me I had to leave, and I ain't think they can do that straight. I thought it was all you get eat State there all day and the lady asked me, she says, how long.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna be here? I'm like, you rushing me. I was like, I'm not right.
Speaker 4: I paid my five dollars, I'm finna be here all you can eat. I got time today. I was there at ten o'clock in the morning. She told me at two thirty she was like, are you know? Basically how long are you gonna be here?
Speaker 3: I said, shit, iin't got nothing to do.
Speaker 2: How many stacks you go through?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I heard the record was about five five What stacks straight?
Speaker 3: I had to beat that by three times three. I was there from ten to two thirty.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You got man, that Jersey ain't gonna fit to keep doing that.
Speaker 2: Man, let's get let's get to our special guests.
Speaker 1: Man, we gotta talk to a recruit, but we don't always talk to the younger players. But this one special here, we're talking to a player, not just a football player. He's from the great state of Ohio, San Dusky, to be exact.
Speaker 3: You know, hold on, you said Sandusky.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought you said he knew he knew Sandusky from pinched out like he was.
Speaker 2: He wasn't even he was little back, really little. I don't think he was. I don't even know if he know.
Speaker 3: He couldn't have been borning. They say he were doing that back in the nineties, right listen, man.
Speaker 1: Like, without further ado, let's bring on future Spartan dogs because they committed Braylan Collier and his dad, Steve.
Speaker 3: What hold on? Hold on, hold on. You know, everybody call you Brey, I call you BC.
Speaker 10: Well you get reads already, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, just always notice to Bling it was going on with you guys. Man, thank you for wanted to smartly MSU. You know, I've been hearing a lot about what's going on with you.
Speaker 2: Your dad. I mean he's posting a lot, which we love that.
Speaker 1: We love in the panther out there, you know, especially hating know what's going on the Missis State and what's going on with you. But Bray, let's talk about your the reason you chose the Green and White.
Speaker 11: Really, uh, that was my last offer out of the fifteen that I had ended up with, and Coach Hawk came up to watch me run some ross and stuff like that workout, and I went up from our official visit and really just I never looked back from there. I mean it felt like home. Everybody, the family atmosphere. I mean geographically it's much closer than Iowa and Iowa State if you didn't know, those were my other two my top three. But yeah, just the family feel uh big ten, everybody. Coach hagg is a great dude. Coach Jonathan Smith, I'm excited to see what he can do. Uh, bringing over eight in Child's and a couple of other guys from Oregon State along with coach Linger. So it's really exciting to see what this program can do. And I'm excited to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: And then if you think of the mother two schools, we got the better quarterback that one in hour he sucks.
Speaker 3: He from Michigan. Man, you know what I'm saying. So you.
Speaker 2: He's already done. I think it's like his ninth year.
Speaker 3: Man, he's done at the last week. He's terrible. See man, I saw your highlights. Man, when when when you made the commit man?
Speaker 4: And I saw and I've always breaked films down because I'm one of the best athletes to ever played this game.
Speaker 2: Centers. Man, I got the mess and I saw.
Speaker 3: A lot of my talents, Like you know me.
Speaker 4: It's almost like your dad put my tape in and say, you know what, watch this guy, you know, touch touch the TV every time you see thirty three, And do you know because you had to. I saw you take a hitch and make somebody miss and go this.
Speaker 3: He got this word.
Speaker 4: I saw him taking the hitch, make somebody miss and take it fifty.
Speaker 3: What the hell, yo?
Speaker 4: The sign is real simple be it says, back it up.
Speaker 3: We have to see watch my man BC. Okay, okay, this is a.
Speaker 2: Recent yeah right here, two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Look at the clubs. But that boy look cute.
Speaker 2: Look at it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh that's the most. We got to turn that into ESPN. That's more. He got most. Do your dad, do your dad?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you gotta go up and get that man after that's taking him at a young age.
Speaker 3: You gotta go up there.
Speaker 2: That's your ball.
Speaker 12: It's not fifty to fifty. That's ninety ten at best for the defense.
Speaker 13: Oh with the one hand. Oh, you gotta do your dad. Get up, hurry up, gim something, give them something real quick. Oh fingm teammates.
Speaker 3: He's been to play with him next year.
Speaker 2: We still got to have you know, that's our guys, right okay.
Speaker 4: And he playing with Dan rings by the boy daddy Daddy got money on a note, on a real on a real note, BC. The thing that I love. And and a lot of these guys not doing that. And I know they gotta make you tough. He's playing cornerback too, So you play cornerback as a receiver. That means you gotta be tough, you know what I mean, because you gotta come up, you gotta make the tackle, you gotta block a receiver all the time or whatever it is, and then you gotta do it on the other side. So hey, man, keep doing what you're doing. You're playing all three phases of the game. And the more you can do, hey, the more they gonna pay.
Speaker 3: Baby. And I'm proud of you, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you got you with a pretty good, solid brand of football over in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Talk about when you started playing.
Speaker 1: How old were you when you first got into playing the game of football.
Speaker 11: So my mom didn't want me to play football at first, so I ain't start playing until my seventh grade year, and I initially played quarterback and running back. I didn't even play receiver until my sophomore year in high school.
Speaker 14: That's when really kicked off.
Speaker 11: My freshman year, I played a couple of games dB and a couple games with receiver, but mainly just special teams, trying to see the field anywhere I could help my team out anywhere I could.
Speaker 14: As a freshman and then.
Speaker 11: Sophomore year I had a breakoff season, and then junior year was really that season for me to prove myself show college is what I could do and how my teammate as far as we could. But really it's been a long process, enjoyable. It's nothing like going out there on a Friday night playing football. I mean, baseball was my first love, but ever since football sophomore year especially.
Speaker 14: I mean, ain't nothing like going out there on a Friday night, for sure.
Speaker 4: So you wanted to play, you ain't play until your seventh grade year. Okay, we know who run the house. Okay, no problem, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Where we live.
Speaker 2: You can't play tackle until second grade. But it wasn't the same. You didn't wanted to play flag.
Speaker 1: Pops that Stevens talking about, You say, you the one that taught him that high point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the game.
Speaker 12: You've been coaching in little league football and all that. Yeah, when he was little, all coming up playing flag and then starting in middle school just you know, and just in the backyard, really you know, teaching them. These are the main traits you got to have. You're going up, You're going to get that ball. And it helps you at dB too, because, by the way I look at it, if somebody go deep, the deep past you as a dB, you.
Speaker 2: Turn into a wide receiver.
Speaker 12: Within that ball in there, you got just as much right to it as as the offense do. So you go up and you high point that football and you don't even let the other competitor get a chance to get it because you got to go up and make sure you get at his highest point come down with it every time, you know. So that's the main thing, you know, especially being the receiver, that's what can set you apart. A lot of kids can catch, a lot of kids can run, a lot of kids can do this and do that. But they're gonna go up and get that. Trust to your quarterback to say, hey, he might be covered, but I know he gonna go up and get it for me.
Speaker 3: Talk that tall. That's what I'm talking about. Hey Dad, how much did them call?
Speaker 2: Uh? Tell you the truth?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Mom.
Speaker 2: Let him, you know, kind of run rampant with whatever you want to do. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: I think she gonna shut him a check you when you get to Michigan State, like, hey, this is.
Speaker 14: With all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, I got a talent. I've been keeping the talent.
Speaker 3: So musical pose I'm doing the same thing with my kids.
Speaker 12: And as soon as they you know, they settled into the door and everything, they're gonna get a little piece of male friends here, is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, So did you play football growing up yourself? Only up through middle school? I was mainly playing played basketball.
Speaker 2: Football.
Speaker 12: Is just I wasn't nearly as talented as my son is. You know, I can teach you the game, you know I can. I can talk ball with you. I wasn't nearly as talented as him. You know, I couldn't take it as far as he has. And if I had a choice, it'd be just like it is. You know what I'm saying, Get that gift to him. Let me be the proud dad, and I can't be more.
Speaker 2: Happy, you know, But.
Speaker 12: I would rather have him be the talent so I can sit back and watch and enjoy it.
Speaker 4: So, So was you one of those players where you went out of football and they did the Hamburger drill and you saw that and then you just became a hooper.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to contact You said you played you played baseball. That was your first love.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, baseball position, shortstop, center field.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got a glove and some wheels. Oh yeah, yeah, and you ran some track too, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I ran track my sophomore year.
Speaker 2: Yep? Did that?
Speaker 1: Did that help you how to play in baseball? And try help you play football?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 11: Just tracking the ball center field, help me check down the ball, deep balls, whatever that case may be. Track really helped me focus on my fundamentals of running and learning the actual science behind running because I didn't really know too much about running and all that. But really just it helped me really just hone in on the fundamentals.
Speaker 14: My fastest one hundred was a ten to nine, so.
Speaker 11: In the short time of track that I had ran, I think my first ever time runner was eleven two and then I cut it down. But really just learning and really focus on all those fundamentals and track helped me take it over to the football field for sure.
Speaker 4: Hey BC, watching that game last week, right and you sitting home and you see a guy I don't know if it was six or eight for one ninety four or two touchdown, whatever it was, one touchdown, What did you say to yourself?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Because if you anything like me, when I see something like that, man, I could do that.
Speaker 3: I would have had two hundred and ninety six. You know what I mean, Well, how did you feel?
Speaker 4: Because at the end of the day, that's a true freshman, you know what I mean, still seventeen, you know what I mean? And if I'm coming in as a freshman, I see they playing a freshman. I mean, I'm getting the weight room harder, I'm making bigger plays or whatever.
Speaker 3: It is, because I got to get ready because I got a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, watching that game, you saw those guys, I mean the quarterback through with three hundred some of yards through the ball almost forty times.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, how did you feel? How did you see? What you feel about that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 14: For sure, Nick and Dogg.
Speaker 11: I mean that's why I spent most of my time on my official visit with got to know him a little bit. You know, he's a dog for sure, And really just seeing that gives me motivation and motivates me even more because obviously everybody want to make an impact as a true freshman, come in and get some playing time. So really I need to focus on the weight room. I'm rolling early, so that's gonna give me some time to get in the playbook weight room. All that strength staff and really just give myself prepared to make an impact as a true freshman, because that's what I want to do.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 1: You know you brought up Courtney Hawkins, I mean being a part of the decision to come to Michigan State. And you see how many receivers he's developed in a short time.
Speaker 2: A lot of them in the NFL right now.
Speaker 1: And obviously you see the guys you had your visit with, you know, obviously Nick.
Speaker 2: Marsh and you know Jeron Glover, those guys are here.
Speaker 1: My toy is a guy probably been playing on Sunday, you know, you talking about your highlights. You know, we did find some more I think there was. Let's see if we could play some of these highlights. You can talk about this. This is I think this is a camp.
Speaker 14: Oh this is a scrimmage.
Speaker 1: Oh scrimmage. Okay, yeah, yeah, you got some good video up there. Man, what's who's this is your high school?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mmm Perkins?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know they have you listened at one seventy Man, I don't know that video that was on a cell phone looked like you put on some path.
Speaker 2: Have you been in the weight room? What's going on? Where you at now wait.
Speaker 11: Wise, Yeah, for sure, seventy It's hard to you know, keep that weight and maintaining throughout the season, especially during camping two days and all that because all you do in the sway and running around working hard. But definitely I gotta focus on keep eating, Uh, stay consistent of the weight room. We lived twice a week in the mornings before school, so really just staying consistent with that and eating trying to make up for that loss weight that goes undering practice.
Speaker 14: But yeah, I still won seventy six foot Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, I know the ingredient in pops. Listen to me and if you don't know, I can get Mama Hall to get you. What how she do with us? Son number five? The number five got bigger traps, Now.
Speaker 2: His head bigger.
Speaker 3: You go, why he eats collar green with neck bones in it?
Speaker 12: There we go, we gotta we gotta guarantee.
Speaker 4: Seventeen pounds with the two months collar green's and neck bone with a little hot sauce guarantee.
Speaker 3: He's no, you know.
Speaker 12: Here a very picky eater man, you know, like that's what he's very picky right now. But like I told him, when you get to Michigan State. Man, hey, they gonna have your your your mix right there for you before practice, after practice and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be like this is you're a gainer.
Speaker 12: There you go, this is what you got, So you're gonna have to get acclimated a little bit more, you know, going forward.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, And they got all the food for it. And it's a great time to be a football player. It's great two days. I mean, I don't even think they do too many of those anymore, like like they used to back in our day, Pops, So you won't be sweating too much now that the Smith. They got a great program going as you've seen sixty one new players, the camaraderie, the cohesion, this is off the charts, man, something that we've never seen here with so many new faces, you know. So I think he made the right choice for sure, and we can't wait to see you man in the green and white.
Speaker 2: How many more games you have till playoff time?
Speaker 11: We played three, so seven seven more games in the regular season they got playoffs?
Speaker 1: Yep, Okay, all right, what's what you're looking like? You think you can make it all the way.
Speaker 14: For sure, yep, for sure we lost.
Speaker 11: He lost a big key of our team, number four of my teammate Western Sturdy year.
Speaker 14: He like everything is leg before the season.
Speaker 11: He is another white out on the other side, and he was James Madison. He's committed to James Madison University. He was the start of safety and starting zerocever for us. So, I mean that was a big loss for sure, But we're just playing for our brother every single day. We never forget that day represented our wars number the first game number four, uh.
Speaker 14: To put on for him and really just decided to play for him.
Speaker 11: Always in the back of our head when stuff get hard and stuff get tough, we're just thinking like he would do anything to be back on this field.
Speaker 14: So we're doing it for him, and for sure we could take it all the way.
Speaker 4: Hey, before you go, man, you know we got seven more games. You know, lett to coach or whoever call the plays, go get that book. Keishawn Johnson made.
Speaker 2: Give me the damn balls.
Speaker 3: I ain't even like you said that.
Speaker 4: I was to get up, give it to your OC, throw me the damn ball, coach, put it on my shoulders. I'm the senior, I'm the big time player. I wasn't number one. I got the two diamond ear rings in my ear. If we're gonna go down, I'm gonna go go down with me. Throw me the damn ball.
Speaker 3: Damn it right.
Speaker 1: Use that motivation from your your your following teammate as far as his injuries concerned, as as good motivation to get you guys, propel you far into the playoffs, maybe a state championship.
Speaker 2: Man, but stay healthy.
Speaker 1: That's the most important thing for all of us in that fa in your family, our family to yours. We can't wait to see you here in a few short months early in Roland, in East Lansing, we'll be catching back up with you.
Speaker 2: We'll be there this Saturday. Actually crazy here.
Speaker 4: Don't wait, no gas, we're gonna beat damn.
Speaker 2: You gotta come to campus. You gotta come.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what, No, no, go and watch the hair. I hope they let the band. They got a band that be.
Speaker 2: I let him go to that party. I have to stay away. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, we pops.
Speaker 3: We just let him do that.
Speaker 1: No, thank you guys, man for joining this smart of man. Please don't be strangers, and we will see you guys soon.
Speaker 3: Man, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure. Thank you for green BC.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Look, let's get it.
Speaker 1: All right, Brailan Stephen Callia man San Dusky baby, Hey, good kid man. Look I'm excited. Look all I can tell you is this. I'm a believer in what Jonathan Smith is doing. He's finding guys and it's Courtney Hawking signed off.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's the sorting Courtney Hogs right now is a bad man.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean if you look at his list and the things that he's doing and how he's developing these guys and these guys making plays. Oh, he got to ask for a raise next year? Can we can?
Speaker 4: And we may not be able to keep it. And you got the right guy in this corner. Oh, he can get it. He can get it. You can get it. If he got the right guy in his corner, he can get the raise that he wonts.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you because he's doing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, he can. You better do it.
Speaker 1: Because you know who's that boy over in the USC uh, the head coach he's over there, you know, whatever's David. He he loves going out and trying to coach player coaches like that.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't think of his name.
Speaker 4: You know the guy's name, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, manna kick that.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: See the thing about this podcast, you know, and if you go back a show or two, I told you when I talked to JS, you y'all call him Jonathan Smith, but I called him JS. He got off this show. He returned my call.
Speaker 3: He say swear. I said, well, you called me swear. You know me by swing? Say?
Speaker 4: Everybody else call you swear I call. I said, okay, cool. Then he hit me with if you don't believe me.
Speaker 3: Just watch me. I said, what that mean? Coach? He said, I didn't show everything gets you. Why should I? He said, watch me. The next week.
Speaker 4: And I came on the show and I told y'all, I be patient. My man told me he didn't show everything like he like most coaches do. And then not just that, the quarterback got better. We brought the freshman in and gave me him a shot. He made big plays, and my foe made big plays. The quarterback got better from his percentage and his numbers.
Speaker 8: Everybody and even number five, everybody got better. So all I was just telling y'all, you don't get a partcast. Everybody don't got to tell us number like I do, or like we do.
Speaker 4: Everybody not getting the future recruits on the show, and eyby not getting the players of the game.
Speaker 3: You want to get this on this and start a baby. It's just part of man.
Speaker 4: Shoes getting all the news and it. So I say that to say that, because I just say yes again.
Speaker 3: He said, this game here, all we gonna do is treat him like they're supposed to be treated.
Speaker 4: I said, hold on, H B, C, U, W, E, D S what it is. He said, Coach, it don't matter. We're gonna treat them how they supposed to be treated. I said, Coach, say no more. I'm gonna leave it at that. That's all he told me. He say, we're gonna run the ball, We're gonna take shot. He said, we're gonna treat him how they're supposed to be treated. And I say, I like that, Coach, you damn right do it. And that's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Straight.
Speaker 2: Hey, he said, so you were right about don't believe me. Just watch me.
Speaker 1: We watched him and he had one hell of a game that he called the Roll against Maryland. So this one, if you if that's what if that's what JS said, JS coach JS not not coach Smith.
Speaker 2: JS said that that said, then.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna we're gonna watch we don't see because we're gonna treat them like they're supposed to be treated.
Speaker 4: That's almost fall I'm just when he said, I say, coach, what's on your playlist?
Speaker 3: Cause you're talking like you got a little swag? He say, coach.
Speaker 4: They don't know me yet, but they will know me. I say, boy, you my coach, you alright with me?
Speaker 1: Very view a and Hill comes to east Lands and to Spartan State, they would a one and one records where they just had a nice win thirty seven to thirty one of the Northwestern State.
Speaker 2: Uh, whoa what we got here?
Speaker 1: That's a panther, that is that is probably the softest looking panther I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 4: Man, come on, man, what's a panther to a Spartan Just like the Mother two team?
Speaker 3: Nothing straight?
Speaker 4: Listen, we gonna beat the Lord dick Ooh if finna say something, because you gotta understand this. The only thing about this game here is how the players come out. And it's hard to It ain't hard to motivate, but it's hard because it's pair ofview, like pair of you. At one time they won a game in like so many years. Now you can bring the boys up here in this big old stadium with all these people and it just come off a big win like ParaView. Right now, they thinking like, oh yeah, they gonna overlook us. We're gonna we gonna sneak up on them like them board did mission.
Speaker 3: Nor to day. No, we not, damn no. We got sixty one new players for a reason. We we we were on a mission. We're benna tell y'all last up because we're paying them to come here. Straight. We give him a few dollars. We're gonna give them a.
Speaker 4: Few dollars, and we're gonna treat them like we wanna treat them because we're gonna get We're giving them a few dollars.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do our seven on seven drill. We're gonna run our nine on seven. We're gonna bleitch when we want to bleitch. We just gonna do.
Speaker 4: Stuff to do it, to put it on tape so it can prepare because this is after this when when we we we're playing for our lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right with big ten player after this.
Speaker 1: Right, No, No, we got Boston on the road, Boston College, and then then again we.
Speaker 3: Already Hey, I like that. That's a good test. That's a good test for us to.
Speaker 1: Play ourselves talking about because we know there's a lot to talk about with that game that's at eight o'clock kick off next Saturday. I'm talking about the following Saturday, but you know this Saturday, you talked about it right there and overlooking him, Jordan Hall had a great quote. He said, we're gonna respect everybody and fear nobody.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that's mama whole songs. Yeah. Yeah, that's that's my own song right there.
Speaker 1: That that boy that that colin greens and neck bones, you know, because that's that's what.
Speaker 4: That'll be because you know, you know, you get that from his mama, because you follow his mama did what she did. I know she's gonna watch the show, right she put on the little things that said Dean deep deep in the fence right here, and she went in anything like this and came out like that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: At work, she's doing this at work.
Speaker 4: So that's why that's why the boy don't fear, because the mama on the job doing that making videos at work.
Speaker 3: So why would he fear?
Speaker 4: Oh I love it that my maholes on there, that mamoles on it at Myles on.
Speaker 3: He bit.
Speaker 2: The Panthers coming here.
Speaker 1: You got Cameron Peters is the quarterback for the Panthers. He was eighteen to thirty three last week. You know at two hundred and eighty yards. I mean it's not bad. You know their number one guy is shirt was his Shamar Savage receiver. He's six four ten pounds. The skilled players size wise, you're gonna have some comparable people size wise. I'm not saying skill always, but where you're gonna see a huge separation. Typically Prairie View to a Big ten school like Michigan State is on the in the trenches. Man, offensive defensive lines were but look, look, I mean look left tackles six six three thirty right, I mean I know you found that you fall asleep six ' four. Look the left guard six four three seventy. Oh shit, did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Two three thirty two?
Speaker 3: My bad CTV kicked then. Man, in my mind you finished that.
Speaker 2: Right twenty five? But okay, the right tackle six one three.
Speaker 13: Fifty Come on, man, what.
Speaker 3: No I tell you I ain't take my medicine yet. My CTV they.
Speaker 4: Got, they got the meling to me because I'm not at the old address. I'm just saying my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault.
Speaker 1: Defensive line two seventy five, two thirty, two sixty five and two sixty.
Speaker 2: Hey, our boys better not be falling asleep.
Speaker 3: On that, all right, man? We need to kick then.
Speaker 4: We don't cid up about the month of February. We don't cut up about uh uh, none of that. No, no, bring that here, don't. We don't. We're planning for something. We're sorry. We're paying y'all to come up here to to to do what we want y'all to do, and we're gonna treat y'all like that when we apologize.
Speaker 3: You heard what what Mama Holls.
Speaker 1: Please don't become bulleted. They gonna be listening to the sword. Don't don't take him serious when you say that this. Look, you're gonna be one the one that everybody's gonna be sitting in the rock in the locker room seizing about because of what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Straight, We three and oh Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, we three and oh before they wake up at the kill offs and eat breakfast.
Speaker 2: We three and oh, oh my goodness. I don't disagree with you, but you know, days.
Speaker 3: Away from doubling the mortgage. Baby, hold on, hold on? What yo and yo in the numbers? What did you say that when we when we made the picture, you took, you took the Maryland? So you you want to one?
Speaker 2: I'm one and one absolutely.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Robins about Loxy and this is a nigga.
Speaker 4: Damn Loxy. It's ald about JS. Baby went and there.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I got got to Boston College coming up, though, I think, mister Star.
Speaker 2: We did not.
Speaker 3: Hey, we'll talk about it next week.
Speaker 5: For boy.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's not talk about that Michigan game I got. I got the results right here.
Speaker 3: Oh they're terrible. I know we got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell you already.
Speaker 1: They are terrible. Stray let's see here. It ain't too late, Cedric l Yeah, yeah, my fault. I made a mistake on that one. I wish I could take it back because mother, looking sir, they ain't terrible.
Speaker 2: Whoa man, it's rough.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of turnover down there, a lot of turnoil. It's all good. We ain't talking about this, about us moving forward. Final words before we get out of his word.
Speaker 3: You know what. I'm glad you wanted want and me and my homeboy over there who did the pick? And we two in no and we're gonna be three o Saturday night. Damn it.
Speaker 2: Let's go green, Let's go white, maby for Cinchri Girvan. I'm Jason straight on. This is part of Nshues. Everybody have a good night, God bless you. Go Greek go alright,