Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, come on, come on, all right, now hit it.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 3: Rid Ryan.
Speaker 2: Let's go man me.
Speaker 1: Where is he? Wakey? Hands off those Cupcakey's Rob Ryan show checking in Tattuesday, Big morning. Lots of stuff to do.
Speaker 2: Today on the show, as we're always busy.
Speaker 1: But how about Josh the Goat going for win number five fresh out of pat Head two head Challenge. He's already a twelve time Hall of Famer, he's already been deemed the Goat, and he's trying to get back into the Hall of Fame this year. Okay, you're gonna just let him waltz in, or you're gonna take him on this morning, or are you gonna sandbag it and wait to play tomorrow. Get in there and mix it up with this guy. To beat the best, you gotta beat the best. All right, six twenty we'll play. I got some new fun facts for you today.
Speaker 2: At around six thirty.
Speaker 1: Five, we'll do the fun fact flashback for Saint Vincent tickets, Pierce the Veil tickets, Sleeping with Sirens. June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion I've got tickets for you. At seven twenty, we're gonna play. Several people told me we haven't played this in a long time.
Speaker 2: What's in Chili's Can?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll find out what's in Chili's Can in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: For those I prevail tickets.
Speaker 1: Then I'll get to those Buzzfest tickets that I never got to yesterday.
Speaker 2: We'll do those at nine ten.
Speaker 1: Brian Reagan announced yesterday on this show he's performing December fourth.
Speaker 2: We'll have tickets for you before they go on sale Friday.
Speaker 1: We'll have those on no the show up to a twenty percent chance of raining today, Cloudy Sky's hies up around eighty two.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Alex. Go to Houston's headline.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A group advocacy organization a group of advocacy organizations, has filed a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's recent executive order aimed at overhauling the US election system. The executive order introduces measures such as requiring proof of citizenship for voter registration and imposing stricter deadlines for mail in ballots. The planetifs argue that these actions exceed presidential authority and could disenfranchise millions of voters.
Speaker 4: They assert that the Constitution assigns.
Speaker 5: The regulation of federal elections to the states in Congress, not the executive branch, and the lawsuit seeks to block the implementation of the order and compel the Administration to retract any related guidance. Critics argue that the order's provisions, like proof of citizenship requirement, could suppress voter participation and disproportionately affect marginalized communities. Three US Army soldiers from the first Armored Brigade Combat Team, third Infantry Division were found in Lithuania after their armored recovery vehicles sank during a training mission a week ago. The soldiers were attempting to repair and tow an immobilized tactical vehicle when the accident occurred. A six day recovery operation involving US, Lithuanian and Polish forces led to the vehicle's extraction from a bog yesterday, where the search team found the three deceased soldiers. The search continues for a fourth soldier who remains missing, with both members of both militaries continuing the search operation. SpaceX's fram two mission launched a crew dragon capsule named Resilience into orbit for a mission that will make it the first crewed spaceflight ever to orbit the Earth over the Poles. Resilience successfully separated from the Falcon nine rocket that carried it into space around nine pm hour time, carrying cryptocurrency billionaire Chun Wang, vehicle commander Janick Michelson of Norway, pilot Arabia Raj of Germany, and medical officer and mission specialist Eric Phillips from Australia. The mission is expected to last three to five days. The job in those names, dude, I hope I nailed those.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want that job. I can't say those names.
Speaker 5: If you're a fan of the Last of Us video games, and you pretty much already know how the HBO series is going to end, because co creator Craig Mason says the show won't go past its original source material.
Speaker 4: The way Game of Thrones and the other shows did.
Speaker 5: Game of Thrones though still as it finished the books, so like they kind.
Speaker 4: Of had to do that.
Speaker 1: Walking Dead did the same thing.
Speaker 5: The show is, he says, amazing, says the show is so hard to make it has to have an end, so I'm not gonna go past what the game has.
Speaker 4: He added that the only.
Speaker 5: Question is is it going to be one more season or will require two more? If this can happen all and one more season, great, we feel like it makes sense to break it up into two.
Speaker 4: Then we're gonna do that.
Speaker 5: There's there are two last of us video games, and there's no plans to make any more. Season two of the TV series premieres on April thirteen.
Speaker 1: I was surprised how much I liked that show. I guess I never really liked it. I never played the video game, and the show was great. I like Pedro Pascal. I think he's a scale.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of love everything he does.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 5: That was kind of the start of like Pedro Pascal just being like the hottest thing on TV and movies right now.
Speaker 1: Right Dad in the Mandalorian, I think he was true. I didn't think about that. I think he was doing Mandalorian for he.
Speaker 4: Was wearing a mask for man yep, But yeah, he's everywhere.
Speaker 5: Is Lincoln Park having trouble selling tickets because it kind of seems that way. The band had to move its scheduled show at Dodger Stadium in LA and move it into the Intuit Dome in Inglewood, California, which means they dropping from a fifty six thousand seat stadium to an eighteen thousand seat arena. Queens of the Stone Age also dropped off of the show as well. This isn't the only show Lincoln Park's having trouble selling tickets too. They also announced a new promotion for all of their US shows where you can buy a ticket for just thirty nine dollars and fifty cents and get a randomly assigned seat, and they also had to cancel two upcoming shows in Brazil. Some people putting a lot of blame on this to a new singer, Emily Armstrong, due to her ties to scientology and her support of convicted rapist Danny Masterson, which she later stated that she regretted.
Speaker 4: Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I mean, the song rocks, go see the show. No, no, I agree with you. This song rocks, and I think they should be happy with having a new lead singer and playing arenas. That's fine for them, right. I think it was ambitious to play bigger.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's what it was. I think a lot of bands are kind of finding that out right now. It's not just link In Park, but I mean, I know there's there's quite a few other acts that I've seen have to kind of just like, hey, we're gonna still do this show. We're just gonna.
Speaker 4: Either maybe shift the dates so we can play it to a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a smaller venue. We saw the Black Keys do that.
Speaker 5: Black Keys definitely did that. Yeah, And I'm trying to think there was another. It was a rapper that had to do that too, and you were like, you're maybe not a stadium band right now.
Speaker 1: I think they should be happy being when I say, a Toyota Center band. So honest, there's big they should be happy playing. It's just not rg's eighty. So many bands would be happy to play the fifteen sixteen thousands Liver night. So they're gonna be fine. They're gonna be fine. They've got the music, the album is great, this new stuff is great.
Speaker 2: Like you said, uh, Sports, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Aftras are all still gonna be fine. It's early.
Speaker 5: They lost the Giants last night seven to two. They'll play them again this evening. Hayden Wesnowski Zinsky Excuse me, Hayden was Zinsky of Sam Houston State is gonna be on the mound for this DROs. He'll be going against San Francisco's Logan web First pitched at seven to ten. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty KTIH. And basketball, the Rockets fell to the Lakers last night one O four to ninety eight. They're now forty nine and seventy two and forty nine on the season, and they're still going to be the That's.
Speaker 4: Not the record at all. I don't know what I just wrote it there.
Speaker 5: There's still the second seed in the Western Conference playoff picture. I'll have a day off today before hosting the Jazz tomorrow night at the Toyota Center. In college basketball, the women's Final four is all set. Last night Texas beat t see You fifty eight to forty seven, and Yukon got by USC seventy eight to sixty four. So it's gonna be ut South Carolina, UCLA and Yukon and the Women's Final Four on Friday night in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: Way to go, ladies. That is what's going on. Boys.
Speaker 2: That's the only March madness that matters to Alex.
Speaker 4: Sure is all right?
Speaker 1: Here we go four hours of pain starts right now. Guys, I'd love to get a first phone call. Who's up? Who wants to get us started? How would you like to get us started? Anything goes seven one three, two, one two five, ninety four five, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, all right, ninety four to five The Bobs Good Morning, rod Ryan Show off and running six oh eight Tap Tuesday. That is our feature today.
Speaker 2: Sure is a good one. That MILF had record numbers yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was, uh, that's gonna be an end of the year situation for sure with the MILF Monday yesterday. So we'll see what holds uh for our tat Tuesday feature. I haven't had a chance to look, I said, Chili a ton of stuff to put on links and guests this morning yesterday. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it because we were so busy, you know, world premiering Blue October and talking to rock stars and stuff. But I didn't spend a whole lot of time. But I need to today. There are some teams available for the rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open. Some sponsors said, you know what if you can make more money for the charity, because when you hit a certain level of sponsorship, it comes with a foursome, and people have kicked those back to us and said, hey, why don't you just go ahead and sell those and then make more money for Roger and everybody over at Texas Adaptive Aquatics. So yesterday there were four foursomes. I'm waiting for an update to see if we sold any yesterday. But you can golf in the Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open, So Chili has that link up.
Speaker 2: You can go get after.
Speaker 1: That on the world famous twenty percent chance of raining Today and tonight, Cloudy's guys highs up around eighty two.
Speaker 2: We're going to be very, very busy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Chili, we're going to be concerned with something in his can today. It already went in there.
Speaker 2: Listen, this isn't until.
Speaker 1: Eight o'clock, but we haven't played what's in Chili's canon forever, but that's gonna be in there all morning long until eight o'clock. Chili, I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable, but you're the one that told me we were open for a game at eight twenty you could have booked that game at seven twenty, and now that item sits in your can until eight o'clock. I said open for a game. My cheeks were open for a game. I'm just saying you didn't say specific what game. And several people, several people said that we haven't played what's in Chili's canon a long long time. And I see what this is going.
Speaker 2: All right, so it's already in his can.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start guessing and doing all that in the eight o'clock hour for those eye prevailed tickets.
Speaker 2: I see some phone lines are ringing.
Speaker 6: It's that time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's say hi to Derek. Hello, Derek, great man, how are you today?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm doing?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: Hey, I just want to tell you this is a complete honor.
Speaker 8: I'm a first time caller.
Speaker 7: I've been listening to you guys for man since I was in elementary school. Man, and I just want to tell you, since I'm on the road every morning, even just hearing that opening theme song, Man just takes me back, and I just really appreciate y'all. Man, y'all get me through a lot.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude, I appreciate. I appreciate the hell out of all of those years, man, I really do, Derek. I've had several people over the year said, Rod, I gotta be honest with you, dude.
Speaker 2: I started.
Speaker 1: You know, my parents got me listening to you like you kind of said. People have listened their entire time they've been in school, and they're like, I don't want to make it feel like I don't want to make it feel old, Rod, I go, that makes me feel awesome. And I tell everybody every time I go, that makes me absolutely feel awesome. Before Alex was on this show, he was in school here listening to this show. Wow, And so you know what I mean that that does nothing but fill my heart full of love and joy.
Speaker 2: I mean that when I say it, it really makes me happy.
Speaker 1: Therek Hey, that.
Speaker 7: Goes both ways, man, I really appreciate the hellity off.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: Y'all do so much more than y'all realize.
Speaker 2: Bro, I can't believe this is the first time you've ever gotten through. You've really made my day today. Thank you, Derek, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all have a great day, all right, you too, man, Thank you. I appreciate all those years again. It really does. It really does make me happy. On the flip got a reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of.
Speaker 4: Bed Us Rock and a'll tear very soon.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show, I'm six am.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's us, wakey waky, Welcome to homeroom, everybody, Rob Ryan's Show. See we've got a twenty percent chance of rain today and tonight with cloudy skies and highs today of around eighty two.
Speaker 2: Alex, what's trending April Fool's Day?
Speaker 1: Hey, is trending?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I always say it's taper pool somewhere, but today taper fools everywhere.
Speaker 4: So player, player pranks on all your co workers and stuff. We're not allowed to do it.
Speaker 1: Fools jokes just quite fired. I'm waiting for like the big corporations. I haven't seen one yet. So if anyone sees somebody doing some trickery out there, you know, sometimes like Starbucks or Amazon, I don't know, if they get involved in that, they'll.
Speaker 4: Change their name to Xamahan or something like that.
Speaker 1: And why would they do that? Sometimes like some of the morning places, like well, I mentioned Starbucks but duncan sometimes they'll do some things. So I haven't seen if you've seen any kind of pranks yet, please let us know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to sell your best pranks. Corey Booker is trending centator. Corey Booker delivered a marathon speech that stretched overnight in protest of President Donald Trump's actions.
Speaker 4: Super fun stuff.
Speaker 5: And then Jerrickson, profar outfielder of the Atlanta Braves, got an eighty game suspension for ped usage. He's our first guy that gets suspended for steroids in baseball this season. Eighty games, that's what they I mean, that's the new rule. Eighty Then you get a full season and then you.
Speaker 1: Add of you after that, Holy Ton.
Speaker 5: So that's just training on a knife for by the bus.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody. This is twelve time Hall of Famer Josh the Goat.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Currently you're fresh out of bed head to head four day champions. That means I'm just two questions away from getting back in the Hall. So bring on those two questions Tuesday morning, because lucky number thirteen sounds good to me.
Speaker 2: Bitches, Oh he only needs two questions today?
Speaker 1: Wow? All right, well, goats, shots fired. You can't just let this guy waltz into the Hall of Fame. I mean, someone's got to give him a game. Make it a game, Come make him earn it. Okay seven one three two, one two five. I need a killer.
Speaker 11: The Ryan Show Fun ninety four five, but come on, come on, ninety four five, The Buzz Green Days, Welcome to Paradise.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having a sun. Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcake's. We got a twenty percent chance of rainbow today and tonight, Claudis guys hies them around eighty two.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've been watching what's going on with this phone screen over here.
Speaker 1: I have not, but it seems like it's not great chili Is. I don't know what's going on, but it looks like we got okay, we got goat ooh, we got someone good to play him.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Come on on and now.
Speaker 12: It's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 13: Coat Goat, Goat, Goat, greatest stuff, all ties, spelt, Goat, go o wit, spell it out, Goat, killer whales, goats, epic fails, Goat salad shoes, go to test the glue. Go fust Blakes got red pancake, So juditsy go said, nudity Goat, greatest stuff all time. Goat, Goat, g O whit spell it out? Goat, don't do drugs?
Speaker 1: Goat? Good morning, good morning? Are we good?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Okay, I hear you just fine. I saw you on the phone, and then I saw the line dropped, and then I saw you on then I saw it dropped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some kind of weird music was playing. I kept getting disconnected.
Speaker 2: Okay, you sound great. You can hear me. Find you. I can hear you just fine, Okay, perfect? Is this the Birdman?
Speaker 1: Scotty Scotty knows Scott Good morning, Hey dude, good morning. How are you all right? Birdman? You were in the tournament last year? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You went deep into the tournament last year.
Speaker 10: Fun for.
Speaker 1: Well? Well, well we got a final four guy from last year, the Birdman taking on Josh the Goat. Now have you played Goat before?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, two years ago?
Speaker 2: How'd that go?
Speaker 1: I beat him? It was the first game that I run for the second call. Well, well, well, who's already got a taste of beating Josh? Josh, do you remember that or is it just a blur to you right now?
Speaker 2: They're all just a blur too.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, he say he'd be something who really can't remember him. Josh is one game away, He's two questions away from going into the Hall of Fame. But Birdman's a final four guy. Wow, Okay, I said I need a killer. We got a killer in here. I got a pair of tickets to go see Gaslight Anthem with the Counting Crows on July thirty first Smart Financial Center at Sugarland.
Speaker 2: Of course, this is the one scenario. The tickets don't matter.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it's just about who's who's going to be playing tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Is it.
Speaker 1: Players?
Speaker 2: Will it be Birdman going for win and two? Tomorrow we shall find out.
Speaker 1: I got some questions for you. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Birdman, and goat what a game?
Speaker 2: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Well you're listening for Scott and Josh. Please, okay, thank you, Here we go. Question number one.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm still going with Jill's questions. They're great.
Speaker 1: Question number one, what are the rubber components on a car that make contact? Josh, your tires. It's a correct answer. What are the rubber components on a car that may contact with the road to provide traction? Good question.
Speaker 3: That was a good question.
Speaker 2: It was a good question. You got it right. That's why you liked it. All right?
Speaker 1: All right, you were you were right there behind him, bird Man, you were right there. Here we go. Next question, Alex Trebek, Josh Jeopardyes, smitting.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Alex Trebek, mostly known for hosting the television game show Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Is from what country?
Speaker 1: Canada? It's a correct answer. We got a game, got ourselves a game? Would you think of that question?
Speaker 10: Got?
Speaker 2: I did not like that?
Speaker 1: Not like it? No, how things have changed? Did not like that question? That was some testa stuff right there? Like that was a speeding question for sure.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 1: I think most people would have gone Jeopardy on that too. You were Birdman, you were going Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Jeopardy boy.
Speaker 1: Here we go for the win, Birdman and the goat, Alex, I really really need to listen to.
Speaker 4: I've got a best listener.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the win.
Speaker 1: In what movie does a lion named Simba?
Speaker 2: Josh the lion King? Yes, sir.
Speaker 14: By going ball?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going good?
Speaker 10: I got what.
Speaker 1: He just ended you out? In what movie does a lion named Simba become king? The lion king is the correct answer. Josh gets the win and Birdman, you played a great game today.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I'll be back, okay, I hope. So I said I needed a killer, I got a killer today. Hall of Famer number number four four, your thirteenth trip into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Josh the Goat Lucky number thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the goat doing goat things this morning. All right, Hall of Famer number four for twenty twenty five. And you've just locked in your in the Tournament of Champions at the end of the year. Bro again, Hey looking forward to it again now, he was.
Speaker 2: But I mean that's it, like you don't get to play anymore this year?
Speaker 1: Are you playing December?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sure do?
Speaker 1: You sure do? All right, Bro, great job today, Wow, great game.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Show I found ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Papa Roach. Even if it kills me, Alex is gonna be talking about them coming up in Houston's headlines. Maybe we've got some more clarity as to what's going on with more new music from Papa Roach. We know they're out on tour. We know they got a great new song out there. We're gonna get a full album. Well, let's wait.
Speaker 2: Alex will be.
Speaker 1: Up in about less than twenty with some information about Papa Roach.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent chance of rain today and tonight. Claude's guys, Hi have eighty.
Speaker 1: Two bring the go crash out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody, this is Josh the Goat. You're fresh out.
Speaker 15: Of bed Head to Head Hall of Fame member number four for twenty twenty five. That's lucky number thirteen in the Hall of Fame for me. Don't worry. I'll be waiting every morning listening to you guys, waiting for that game till the end of the year as I get back in the Tournament of Champions and plan on winning it all for a third time.
Speaker 1: Feachies, Yeah, I mean already the Goat in the Hall of Fame, more than anybody ever now has a chance to win it three times.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Birdman had a good.
Speaker 1: Run right there. The Birdman did play well all right. We'll be looking for some fresh fish tomorrow. Who's been sandbagging? Who stepped aside? It's okay, who stepped aside.
Speaker 2: While Josh was playing? Didn't want to waste their their chance?
Speaker 1: Of course they did, of course they did. Who wants the mess with us? To tangle with that?
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 16: We make you look smart and funny your body, it's the fuck thats to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, I've brought us some fun facts for you guys today. You gotta be you gotta be weary. Today is April Fool's Day. Now, there have been times when real news has broke on April first, and it initially gets dismissed as an April Fool's Day prank. Some examples include on this day and unfortunately these things all happened. The murder of Marvin Gay happened in nineteen eighty four. His dad killed him the Wild Story Wild Stuff in nineteen eighty four. The murder of Selena happened right around this, and some people thought it was an April Fol's Day joke. Unfortunately it wasn't. That was nineteen ninety five. Mitch Hedberg died on this day two thousand and five. Mitch Hedberg, one of the all time great comedians, one of the all time great stand ups.
Speaker 2: And then you know, if you're.
Speaker 1: A soap opera fan, the cancelation of guiding Lights. I mean, that was devastating news. I just didn't want to believe it in two thousand and nine, but it was real.
Speaker 2: Love that guiding light. Nothing guiding me now.
Speaker 1: Mikeia started as a mail order business that sold pencils in postcards.
Speaker 17: That is.
Speaker 1: Who I mean? Do they even have those things that ikea pencils and postcards?
Speaker 2: They do? They do?
Speaker 1: Got the balls. Finally, one pound of dimes and one pound of quarters.
Speaker 2: Are worth the same.
Speaker 1: Amount of money.
Speaker 2: That's neat.
Speaker 1: Two hundred dimes weigh one pound twenty bucks. Eighty quarters weigh one pound twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Wrap your head around that stuff.
Speaker 16: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, it's the fuck that.
Speaker 1: To the day. Okay, I'm giving away a pair of tickets to go see Saint Vincent April eighth, White Oak Music Hall, But it's your fun back.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to remember this one.
Speaker 1: What happened in nineteen seventy three when PBS aired the play Steambath, starring a young helland basically, okay, he was not a child actor. He was not in Steambath. I don't know why that made me laugh. Yesterday, in nineteen seventy three, PBS aired the play Steambath. There was a first that happened here in the United States. What was that first? Seven?
Speaker 2: One three, two one two five ninety four five?
Speaker 1: Now time for rockout with your stock out.
Speaker 2: With Captain Cash. Hey, Now his son.
Speaker 1: Will Lynd that's the one that could have been an actor, but he went. He went to music. But maybe someday he'll get back into doing some acting high House. He could want a brother, Rod. I don't know why that made me laugh. You thinking about you being a child actor really really tech us me over here? Hi, Hey, Yes, I'd be doing Wall Street yesterday. It was a mixedale. Wall Street.
Speaker 10: The Dow was up four hundred and seventeen points kick off this morning at forty two thousand and one nasdak down twenty three, where at seventeen thousand, two hundred and ninety nine benchmark tenyard Treasury is trading at a four point one six percent and oil stands at seventy one dollars sixty two cents of barrel two the most actives to the Big Studs walmart Sherwin Williams and Home Depot, the Big Duds, Boeing, Amazon and Navideo.
Speaker 1: On the economic calendar.
Speaker 10: This morning we'll get numbers on construction spending for February, also auto sales for March. Right now features they're on the downside. Coon, Let's turn this baby around. That's it to matire. This is Halin Minister with the RAM change reports for the ride Round show from Raymond James, Johns Stamfleep and the gust end Up Forget to Always for.
Speaker 1: Rock Out with their stock out.
Speaker 6: Vivian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James of Associates, Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to arian. This program is are educational and informational purposes. One the Studs of Duds are based on the movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Come on your.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, who's this here?
Speaker 2: Mare? Hey, Matt, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm doing amazing.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can get you amazing. Or my flashback question.
Speaker 1: Is in nineteen seventy three PBS aired the play steam Bath and it was the first time something happened here in the United States.
Speaker 2: What was that thing that happened that.
Speaker 1: Would be the first new to DC? Yeah, of course, yeah, of course. We got to keep truck stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Matt.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you're the winner on the fun Fat flashback. You're going to see Saint Vincent April eighth, White Oak Music Hall. You're in July thirty first. Okay, Bro, that is awesome. You're awesome, Bro, You're awesome. Thank you for being a part of Home Room today. Hang on the phone. That Chili will set you up with your tickets. There is Lincoln Park trouble selling tickets. Alex just talking about it in Newston's headlines already. It's ninety four and five to bus ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: That's Lincoln Park and lying from you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex. You were talking about Lincoln Hard last hour and uh, you know, trouble selling tickets. Okay, I think that's a misleading headline. Did they have to move their show from Dodger Stadium to wherever the basketball team plays? I'm sure it's an arena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah they did.
Speaker 1: Most bands would have a problem selling a baseball stadium. You know, most bands can't play a venue that big Lincoln Park with their new singer. I still think that they got to convince a few people, so I think they should be happy with playing arena sized venues. You know what arena I'd like them to play to Toyta Center. They didn't come here.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We're just not on the we're not on the bill yet, we're not on.
Speaker 1: The tour yet.
Speaker 2: They got to come here.
Speaker 1: But you're telling me that some people are saying that maybe Emily's involvement in scientology, which I don't have time for that. I mean, scientology is weird. I feel like most people it's weird.
Speaker 2: But did she start on her own in scientology or was she born into it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what I mean, Like I was born into what my parents believed.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, you don't really have an effect in that, that's the case.
Speaker 1: But I think she kind of stood behind Danny Masterson for a while there, and some people aren't forgetting that.
Speaker 2: Well, I believe Ashton Kutcher also.
Speaker 1: Was standing behind Danny Masterson.
Speaker 14: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: They was their best friend, you know, him and his wife. They were.
Speaker 1: They wrote a letter saying, hey, it's a good guy.
Speaker 5: It's all evidence comes out a lot of times people send. People tend to stick with their friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does it make it right or wrong? But it's like, and they backpedaled on that, and Mila Kunis they back pedaled on it. So yeah, and you say and Elmer said the same thing too. And so you're telling me that some people aren't forgiving her for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I don't that kind of stuff. I don't have time for.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rain, Claudie Sky's high of eighty two.
Speaker 2: And Alex says Houston's headlines, well.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A group of ad ricacy organizations has filed a lawsuit check junching President Donald Trump's recent executive order aimed at overhauling the US election system. The executive order introduces measures such as requiring proof of citizenship for voter registration and imposing stricter deadlines for mail and ballots. The plaintiffs argue that these actions exceed presidential authority and could disenfranchise millions of voters. They assert that the Constitution assigns the regulation of federal elections to states in Congress, not the executive branch, and the lawsuit seeks to block the implementation of the order and compel the administration to attract any related guidance. Critics argue that the order's provisions like proof of citizenship requirement could suppress voter participation and disproportionately affect marginalized communities. The US stock markets experienced the most significant decline since twenty twenty two during the first quarter of this year, primarily due to escalating trade tensions and economic uncertainties. The S and P five hundred and Nasty Composite both recorded substantial losses influenced by the Trump administration's aggressive tariff policies aimed at major trading partners. The S and P five hundred remains in a corrective phase, having fallen ten percent from its February peak, and then ASTAC plunged by ten point four percent for the quarter. Despite this downturn, sectors like healthcare and utilities have shown resilience. Additionally, investments in gold and US treasury bonds have increased, showing a cautious investor sentiment during the economic uncertainty. So hey, at least our healthcare people are making all their money off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a tough subject right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a rough first quarter. Yeah, it was a rough first quarter in the stock market for sure. Man, don't look at that four to one k right now.
Speaker 5: Husbands worldwide just got a new excuse for not listening. A study found that men don't hear as well as women do. The average woman has a two decibel advantage and up to six decibels with some frequencies. It's not a lot, but it's significant enough to make a difference than Scientists think that it might just come down to hormones or how our ears develop in the womb. They also think it's possible that women's brains are better at processing sounds too, so when it comes to hearing, men might have worse ears and inferior in brains in that category. The study also found that regardless of gender, we all tend to hear better out of our right ear a little bit better than our left.
Speaker 2: I think guys are just kind of sandbag and saying yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Hear Sure, I didn't hear you. Yeah, definitely. I mean, man, there's a study, there's a study. I couldn't hear what you, Sam say.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You were talking about I didn't hear it. You sound praisey.
Speaker 5: The Morgan Wall and Saturday Night Live fallout continues, and the Internet thinks he stormed off the stage because Louren Michaels snubbed him, but Keenan Thompson told Entertainment Weekly that he's not sure what happened either way. Sources at NBC have said that there's no bad blood and that the show.
Speaker 4: Would love to have wallin back.
Speaker 2: Time he was as a musical guest. He was in a sketch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they said he wasn't in a sketch this this time.
Speaker 4: Most the musical guest most times is not in a sketch.
Speaker 1: Though the time, you're not so not crazy.
Speaker 5: He was also COVID protocols too, so it was a little bit different and maybe he was just confused with like I forgot about that because like maybe he just didn't remember what you were.
Speaker 4: Supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Listen, I know this has been blown out of proportion. I'm kind of siding with you now, like, Okay, it's kind of a nothing burger.
Speaker 2: But he did leave on.
Speaker 1: It was intentional that he left that, I do believe. And again, if you don't know the story, Morgan Wollen was the musical guest on SNL and there they are, whoever the host was, She's like saying thank you to everybody. He stood there for that, and then as soon as the credit started rolling, he walked off stage. Didn't go stage left stage right where he could have kind of snuck out with no big deal.
Speaker 2: He walked towards the camera. He wanted to be seen that he was leaving.
Speaker 1: I do believe that. I believe, I personally believe that. But everybody, everybody speculated. Now, so.
Speaker 2: Son now says no bad blood thought back, this is.
Speaker 1: The biggest scandal this week, then we're okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: Papa Roach front man in Houston, Texas hater Jack Kobe Shaddicks has revealed the bands.
Speaker 1: He did hate on Houston. I'm not lying that how we're framing him.
Speaker 4: I feel that we have to for a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, okay.
Speaker 5: Kobe Shaticks has revealed to the band's next album will come out next year. Their latest single, even If It Kills Me, is the first track from that upcoming record, and the band plans to release more music throughout the year and expects the album to have about ten or eleven songs. Shaddicks shared that they are going to also be on a big tour, including stops in the US, Europe, Latin America, Australia, and possibly Southeast Asia. Said that he's been working in the studio between tour dates to finish the album.
Speaker 4: The new music, including a reimagined version of even If It Kills Me.
Speaker 5: He was inspired in part by his son's painful breakup in Shattuck's hopes that it will connect with fans on a deeper You know, A great way to connect with fans is not hate on their city.
Speaker 1: Well and don't book a show if if the city's got a big rodeo in town.
Speaker 4: That also scheduling. Those are Houston's headlines, all right?
Speaker 1: What you got over there? In sports?
Speaker 5: The Afros lost to the Giants last night seventy two. They're gonna play them again this evening. Hayden Wiznski from Sam Houston State, it's gonna be on the mountain for the Strows going up against San Francisco's Logan Web first pitch is at seven to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: And News Radio seven forty K. Tier Age.
Speaker 2: How's that shipmen of torpedo bats arrived yet here?
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like it from last night's score.
Speaker 2: Can we get some torpedo bats?
Speaker 1: They should like?
Speaker 4: It should be order them. They should be whittling those things today. Prime were up to me, I'd be with all the teams shoot at.
Speaker 1: Get them overnighted. Please let's know why they aren't.
Speaker 2: We need those torpedo bats.
Speaker 5: Rockets fell to the Lakers last night one ninety eight. They are still the second seat in the Western Conference playoff picture, and they're gonna have a day off before hosting the Jazz tomorrow night at the Toyota Center. And in college basketball, the women's final four is all set. Last night Texas beat TCU fifty eight to forty seven, and Yukon got by USC seventy eight to sixty four. So it's going to be Texas, South Carolina, UCLA and Yukon in the women's Final four on Friday night in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, that's just one hour down.
Speaker 1: Guys. We got pierced the Veil tickets coming up for you at seven twenty. What's in Chile's can that's going to dominate the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: We didn't played that game in a long time.
Speaker 8: Houston's rocking alternatives The.
Speaker 6: Rod Roy The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Walter Ray, Why don't you.
Speaker 2: Get a job?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the seventh spot.
Speaker 2: If you're carrying over from home room.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sticking with us.
Speaker 2: You're just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcake's.
Speaker 1: Careful of the.
Speaker 18: Pranksters Today April fools Day, I got Cloudy's guy's twenty percent chance of rain ties of around eighty two to get to some pierced to veil tickets coming up to this hour. Sleeping with Sirens on that bill June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion, looking.
Speaker 1: Out for the corporate trenks. I just tweeted out.
Speaker 2: The Today Show.
Speaker 1: Tweeted out a bunch of there are places offering deals today that are no joke.
Speaker 2: I know you're gonna be hesitant to say, oh, well, wait.
Speaker 1: A minute, this can't be real. There are some food deals that are out there. So these are the non April Fool's Day April fools Day deals at Rod Ryan Show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, listen. A long history of April Fool's Day, the one that seems to always come up that I see and I always kind of circle it because I remember talking about it. Not the first April Fool's Day prank, I don't know when it started, but a pretty good one happened in nineteen fifty seven. The BBC announce that because of a mild winter in Switzerland, spaghetti trees were producing more spaghetti than normal, and then they showed footage of people pulling strands of spaghetti off of a tree. Yeah okay, and people immediately started calling and asking how to grow their own spaghetti tree. So the BBC told them, quote, place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato.
Speaker 2: Sauce and just kind of hope for the best.
Speaker 1: So they went next level with it and told people how to grow their own spaghetti tree. Amazon has gotten in on this in the past. The last real good one was twenty fifteen. Amazon reverted its homepage to the look and feel of the page of nineteen ninety nine. It was really looked a lot different. I kind of remember being around for that. People were calling in that morning saying, Oh my god, have you seen Amazon dot Com. Red Box announced the debut of pet Box in twenty fifteen, entertainment for pets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they jump.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifteen big year for pranks. When you clicked on Google Maps, you started playing the arcade game pac Band in real city streets.
Speaker 2: I didn't even just look at generic Google today.
Speaker 1: Is there?
Speaker 2: Do they still do the Google doodle? I'm showing that it's not clickable. When did that stop?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know when I say Google, when I say Google Doodle, you know what I'm talking about. Well, just every day there was just something on Google. Yeah, it was just a little.
Speaker 2: Dad to have a couple of people working on that every day. Yeah, that had to be a lot of work to plan that.
Speaker 1: And it was like usually sometimes it was like some woman scientists from the eighteen hundreds that you know, somehow we missed the history.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, big deal.
Speaker 1: In twenty seventeen, Hulu poked fun at our attention spans. They launched a new service called who showed eight second versions of television shows. That's pretty funny, Like vine.
Speaker 2: I saw this on the news this morning.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen, Burger King launched Wopper flavored toothpaste. I'm sure somebody would have got that the flavor of the Whopper, combining it with active ingredients for optimal teeth.
Speaker 2: And gum hygiene.
Speaker 1: Scrubbing your teeth with whopper flavored toothpaste, that was a joke. Twenty seventeen, co announced a new variety with a small shot of helium that created a squeaky, high pitched effect to the drinker's voice.
Speaker 2: That's really funny.
Speaker 19: Ummm.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen, there was a coffee flavored coffee Mate, the perfect way to transform your everyday cup with a creamy roast coffee taste. Funny Tinder added a height verification to their app that would destroy dudes. That's the number one thing that does lie about their height. I've been told number one height and then they can't believe height, weight, salary or job. Yeah, yeah, money. I'm a scientists, all right. Well, Taco Bell got in trouble in ninety six for announcing they purchased the Liberty Bell and they wanted to name it the Taco Liberty Bell. And some people don't like these jokes, and they got really butt hurt over that.
Speaker 4: Call those people squares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people were online the commercialization of a national treasure as a travesty.
Speaker 4: It's a broken bell, it's worthless.
Speaker 1: The other one that was really really famous, and I believe the gal may have won her lawsuit. I remember covering this on the on the air two thousand and one. A Hooters restaurant in Florida win a Toyota contest. Do you remember hearing about this? Win a Toyota contest for a hard working waitress. And it was you know, who could upsell the most and you know, boost their ticket with individual tables. So the girl that sold the most was blindfolded led out to the parking lot to claim her prize, and it was a.
Speaker 2: Toy Yoda from Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I mean, the gal said she was humiliated and mortified and sued them and received a settlement that did give her enough money to go buy a Toyota, so she won her lawsuit.
Speaker 2: I can't have fun anymore.
Speaker 4: No fun allowed.
Speaker 1: A morning show was ding years ago, I mean twenty years ago for giving away one hundred grand, like giving away one hundred.
Speaker 2: Grand, wound up being a candy bar, got in big.
Speaker 1: Trouble, got in big trouble for that. We got in trouble for a few things back in the day, and we're not even supposed to talk about it.
Speaker 4: So that's it.
Speaker 1: April Fool's Day. A long history of prankster's out there. A lot of the big corporations kind of still get in on this. If you've seen anything yet, please let us know what you see out there on the flip. Got a w rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and we'll get your tickets to pierce the veil. Rock and Alternative A Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show six to ten, out the buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. Everybody. Got a great concert ticket coming up for you, a chance to win, and this one's easy. I'm just gonna get you calling in for this one because next hour we're going to play what's in Chili's can? It's an hour away, but I just we put it in Chili's can, like first thing of the morning. Alex slipped it in there. Chili didn't even know. He was so tired this morning, he was so busy. I went right in Chili's can. And then now Chili realizes, oh damn, we got that's that's gotta be in my can until eight.
Speaker 2: It's got to be in your can until somebody guesses what's in your can.
Speaker 1: But we're not playing that game until eight. So pierce the veiled tickets. I'll just get get you calling in for those twenty percent chance of rain today, nothing over that, but that's today and tonight Cloudy Sky's pies up around eighty two. All right, what's trending over there? Kid Rock is trending.
Speaker 5: He joined Donald Trump in the Oval Office as Trump signed an executive order targeting price gouging on tickets. But the real story was what he was wearing, because anybody wanted to talk about his fit, he had.
Speaker 4: It looked like bald eagles on a.
Speaker 5: Tracksuit, big American flag. He was wearing a cool little pork pie hat with stars and stripes on it.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, if one of you bitched about what Zelensky wore when he met with the president, then you bet then you better go and check out what Kid Rock war. I don't have a problem with either one of them what they wore, you know. I mean, Kid Rock's doing kid Rock things. Zolensky's wearing what Zolensky wears, you know, when he met with the president. Yeah, so I know a lot of people were thought that maybe, you know, these guys were a little underdressed or whatever. But yeah, Kid Rock he wants to take on the price gouging that goes on with tickets. I think can we all agree upon, like that's a good thing to take on, you would think. I feel like that should be both sides of the aisle here. Yeah, I know there's other things and more important things, but that's what this administration is doing.
Speaker 2: They're just trying to do everything at once.
Speaker 5: All what else tattooesday is trending? K Fox was submitted to us by listening to Brad Okay, we're checking her out. I have a look at Famous rod Ryan's show page at the buzz dot com and also Hooters is trending. The restaurant chain has filed for bankruptcy to allow its restaurants to remain open. And you know we were talking about them rebranding yesterday, so they've officially filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 4: That's just trending on that you were five the bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were anticipating duders, duders, like a dud coming up to the table and say, hey, they need to pour your beer. No dude, I don't know, no duder, I'll pour my own beer.
Speaker 2: I don't need that. Let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 1: Pierce the veil there.
Speaker 2: I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Tour Sleeping with Sirens and beech Weather June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion tickets on sale now at ticket Master. You can win a pair from us right now seven one three two one two five nine four five. And then I want to get into an email. Well, it's gonna be hard because people are gonna be calling in for these tickets. Is there even one listener out there?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: I know you guys have some tattoos, Guys and gals. I know you have some tattoos, maybe some names, baby mamas, some people that you're not with. Has anybody gotten a wedding band tattoo, and the marriage didn't last. I had a guy engaged that's the route his wife wants to go, or the future wife wants to go, and he's not sure about it.
Speaker 2: So I want to read this email.
Speaker 1: It's always good to hear from somebody out there that maybe did this and say here's why it's not a good idea. Rog Yeah, so I'll be looking for you as well. But now you're calling for those tickets. Pierce the veil. Call her number ten seven one three two one two five nine Ryan Shown.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show. It's three days, Grace and Justice like you. Twenty percent chance of rating today and tonight. Claudey's Guys highs up around eighty two phone lines of ringing, ringy, dingy, good morning, good morning. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Mary?
Speaker 2: H'm Mary.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing very well?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're call her number ten.
Speaker 1: You are doing well.
Speaker 2: Congrats.
Speaker 1: This is so cool.
Speaker 10: This is you.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the coolest. You're going to pierce the veil. I mean, you picked up the phone, you called a silly radio show. And now you are. You've got this, this pair of great tickets Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, Beach Weather, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. Everyone else is getting their tickets to Ticketmaster, and you just for simply listening and calling in, are now going to that show? All right? This is incredible, Thank you so much. Pretty amazing. It's pretty amazing. I got you on the phone.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question? Sure? Are you married?
Speaker 1: I'm married? You are married?
Speaker 2: Did you, guys do traditional wedding rings and all.
Speaker 4: That traditional wedding ring a jazz?
Speaker 2: How long have you been married?
Speaker 8: Just got married last April thirtieth?
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, congratulations, all right, that's why wild Newly Weds over here.
Speaker 2: Listen. I don't know if you're tattoo people or not. You guys got any ink?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: We are both inkless? Interesting So tattoo wedding band would have never ever come up in conversations with you guys at all, you and your husband, No, it wouldn't. Okay, all right, well listen, congratulations, enjoy that show.
Speaker 2: I imagine you're taking your fairly new husband.
Speaker 1: To the show. Absolutely, have a great time. Mary, Thank you, so much, thank you, thank you. So I mean, I think you're gonna know my take on this. I'm surprised Toby's even emailing in. He's just kind of like fishing. Okay, I got an email from Toby Alex all right, you're a tattoo guy. Yeah, Chili's a tattoo guy. As a matter of fact, I think Chili's got some tattoos on his fingers.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll have to get him involved.
Speaker 1: Toby says, loved the show, have been listening for years. Longtime girlfriend. We're in talks to get married. She's introduced the topic of getting tattoos instead of a wedding ring. Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson famously did this and that famous They also worked out, did not work out, Oh, did not work out. She had Tommy tattooed on her ring finger. I think he had Pam tattooed on his ring finger, which you know, he can just cover that up. He's got tats all over the place. She famously transformed the word Tommy into mommy. She had a contingency plan, but they did not do traditional wedding rings. So anyways, back to Toby over here, Rod, I know what you're probably going to say, but what are the downsides of getting a tattoo on this ring finger in place of a wedding ring like she's asked for me? There are some benefits. I'll never lose it. I've heard you talk about that. It's cheaper. It looks cooler than a cheesy piece of jewelry. For me, my friends are clearly telling me not to do this, with their main reasoning.
Speaker 2: Being what if it doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: I tell them that I'm not getting married with the intention of ever getting divorced, so that's not an issue for me. So beyond that, I'm thinking of going this route. I think everybody, myself included, you got married with the intention of never getting divorced. I waited so long to get married that I thought I had the secret. I'm like, oh, I got this figured out. I waited forever to get married. This one's gonna last.
Speaker 2: What do I know? It didn't make it.
Speaker 1: I went traditional wedding route, wedding ring route. So I've got no tattoo on my finger. What is it?
Speaker 2: Your boys got tattoos on his fingers? Is that the wedding finger?
Speaker 4: I do think it's his ring finger. I want to say, I want to say, Jelia said that's for his mom too.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I think miss Christina, that angel of a wife of his, I think she's got some of that going on. Hey, Chili, what's up? Step into my couch? Okay, what's going on? Is your is your ring finger tattooed? Yes? Okay, but the.
Speaker 2: Second finger on your left hand? I almost forgot where it was. Yeah, is that where you where your ring?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's next to the middle finger.
Speaker 2: I know this right, all right?
Speaker 1: So does miss Christina, your lovely wife, also have a tattoo on that finger? Nah? No, Nah, she has one in the middle finger. Okay, So this wasn't a wedding situation now, guys, No.
Speaker 19: It was uh for me? Is I got a roast tattooed on my wedding finger?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh? Because uh? I even told her?
Speaker 19: I say, look, man, the woman that I'll love for the of my life? That whatever is my mom?
Speaker 2: You know you got you got ten fingers?
Speaker 1: Why why that one? Because my mom?
Speaker 19: I mean everything, my mom sacrificed to get me to where I.
Speaker 1: Am and everything you know. Okay, So my mom's name was Rosa, which is Rose? Yes, so I got a rose tattooed on my finger.
Speaker 2: It could have been any finger.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but that's no. I mean, my mom's the only woman that I'll truly really really really really really love, Okay, And I said, look, how does that go over? I know a lot of people won't call me.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's just it's said, and then that's it. It's never talked about.
Speaker 19: It now, but a lot of people might might consider me an a hole for it and all this stuff. But look, I say, look, this is.
Speaker 1: Who I am.
Speaker 19: This is how I come. Take it or leave it right now, you know. And I guess she's stuck around.
Speaker 1: Does Christina have something similar or no? No, they're not even similar though, but she didn't get something on her finger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 19: On the other side, it's like, on the other hand, we have like on the same finger, Okay, we got matching tattoos and knew there was something. Okay, So whenever you like grab hands whatever her fate like, they match, you know, gotcha. So it's like that's kind of like a matching tattoos. But it's not names or anything, and that's just what it is.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 19: The thing about me being dark skin as I am, those tattoos fade quick and you can't see the detail like you used to the day you got them. Okay, so you got to think about stuff like that too. If you're a dark shade of skin, tattoo's gonna fade and you know you might not be able to read the name that you tattooed on.
Speaker 1: There, I got you, So just kind of think.
Speaker 19: About dad before you go and get somebody's name tattooed.
Speaker 1: The guy brings up a point, Toby, is what I stressed about with my wedding ring is I did stress about losing it. I ended up getting one of those gaskets at Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 2: A little, a little black rubber thing.
Speaker 1: I never even wore the nice ring that I had made because I had some stones that a ring that my dad had and I put some of those in there. It meant a lot to me. I was just so worried about losing that ring. You know that would have rushing.
Speaker 5: Me always, like if I'm putting a glove on or anything like that.
Speaker 2: You don't ever do you ever take that ring off?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was bothered by mine the whole time.
Speaker 5: When I wash my hands and take it off, I put it. I put them in the same pocket every single time. I take it off when I sleep. And then if i'm doing like when we were moving, I have a rubber ring that I put on instead.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with my nothing to do with my failed marriage. I hated wearing that wedding ring. I just hated the piece of jewelry. Number one. I got girl hands. I don't have masculine hands. I don't want to draw any attention to my little baby baby, you know, so I hate it. I felt like it drew attention to it. So this guy brings up a point. He's like, he's never going to lose it. He said it's cheaper. Now does he get out of an engagement ring if he goes tattoos? You got to ask her that that's the thing. If she's the one that's initiating this, are you off the hook for an engagement ring now?
Speaker 2: Now that's attractive.
Speaker 1: Another idea like not even getting the full like getting somebody's name.
Speaker 5: I understand that, because that's how you're getting married. But like I I've thought about it.
Speaker 4: We didn't end up doing it. I didn't end up doing it, but like, just get the line around where your ring would go anyways.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't like if it doesn't work out, it's like, yeah, you're not married anymore, but you still have it doesn't have anybody's name on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you still you have a band on that finger that kind of in this name.
Speaker 2: It still indicates that you're taken.
Speaker 1: But you can get a tribal tattooed out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you give me a sick trib Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, there's other fingers the monkey around with. You're talking about the ring finger, which it's funny for me when I'm out. I don't look at it. I don't think about is a person wearing a wedding ring. I never look I don't really, I don't ever notice it. I never did, even when we've had guests in before. I it never comes across. I don't look at people's hands. I don't look at pople's face, but people do. I know. I'm so self absorbed. I don't look at it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a million listeners that have called in over the years.
Speaker 5: If she wants to do that instead of engaging rings, I think you do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a lot of money, interesting, a lot of money. Interesting, Okay, I know that there are people. There's there's people listening to the show that have gotten tattoos of people's names and portraits of people that they're no longer with. I understand that we've talked about that on the show a ton, and I never recommend that. Did anyone get a wedding ring tattooed and the wedding didn't work? The marriage didn't work. I'm just wondering if there's someone out there that has that story. And then you tell Toby what you think, because I feel bad given advice on this.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 1: I'm all about saving money, but I still think the tattoo is just too permanent for something like that.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz four five The Buzz Good Morning Rob Ryan Show dealing with this tattoo email from listener Toby, who is in pretty strongly considering his fiance's option of a tattoo instead of a wedding ring.
Speaker 2: He seems to be pretty open to it.
Speaker 1: He says the benefits are he's never going to lose it, it's cheaper, and he thinks it looks cooler than what he said A cheesy piece of jewelry. Of course, his friends are telling him not to do it.
Speaker 2: I am kind of steering that direction.
Speaker 1: I just know that people that have had name tattoos, you know, we talk about it all the time.
Speaker 2: Your kids are your kids. They're going to forever be your kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a different subject than talking about a girlfriend or a wife.
Speaker 2: You get those names.
Speaker 1: Tattooed and tattoo artists. Even Jessica, who's a tattoo artist, she said, listen, Rod, we know that I worked as a body piercer in college. I got a ton of tattoos. I'll never tattoo a partner on my body. Many people in the industry consider it to be the curse of the relationship or the start of the doom. I thought i'd share longtime listener jess Chris says, Ron, I've been on the show. I'm tattooed all over. I've been on the show multiple times about the crazy tats with the exes that I have. I did the same thing with my ex wife. The marriage didn't last two years. So I'll just say that I can't wear this. I can see where this guy's coming from, but I'll just say this that names are the kiss him death with any one name.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, he got a wedding tattoo. It didn't work.
Speaker 1: John has a tattoo wedding band on the phone. John, Hi, guys, doing good. You and your wife? You skipped the wedding rings and went with tattoos on.
Speaker 2: The ring finger I did?
Speaker 8: She didn't?
Speaker 2: Okay? Oh, why why wouldn't you both? What?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That seems like it's an all in type of thing.
Speaker 1: Here, go ahead.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 20: I I didn't like the jewelry idea, okay, And it was both of our second marriages, okay. And I finally found the woman I loved and went ahead and I did the tattoo thing. And it wasn't because of money. I just didn't like wearing jewelry and absolutely love Peggy and did have been married nineteen years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was it ever consider like, was she ever up for consideration of getting it done or it was just always going to be you?
Speaker 2: She's just she has a wedding ring on.
Speaker 20: She does wear a wedding ring, right, and she does have a lot of other tattoos, right.
Speaker 1: But it was never talked about her getting a ring tattoo. No, okay, never came out and it's worked out for you.
Speaker 20: It's worked out, and absolutely love her and it's good.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: Toby, all right, well thank you. I mean Toby needs to hear that, because it's not gonna be good coming from me. Don't do it.
Speaker 2: John says, you know, it's okay, he's done it.
Speaker 1: But only one of them did it, so you know there's Toby, I don't know, I don't know. Just get a damn regular ring. Get it regular ring. If you got to get a tattoo of each other, do it somewhere else and then make sure that you can turn it into something else. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kevin Smith was on this show from Clerk's Silent Bob and Jay.
Speaker 1: He's got Jenny's apparently, he calls his wife Jenny, Jenny's on his forearm, Jenny's. I'm like, dude, he was in the studio. I'm like, what, what's the contingency? He goes, well, I could change it to Denny's if it doesn't work out. But and he just got a left it off. Yeah, he went all in on his wife. Are still together and they're doing great, so I know, the tattoo with your spouse is a totally different thing.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Toby Alex Is like, Hey, if you get out of an engagement ring and a wedding ring and you bypass all of that cost and you guys go get tattoos.
Speaker 2: He sounds like he's a little open to it. I don't know, Toby, keep me posted.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five is Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Good I got a ton of emails on the whole tattoo thing. People that got the tattoo wedding band. It did work, it didn't work. Maybe we'll pick up that topic in the nine o'clock hour. We may need to talk about it a little bit more. There's a lot of people are just saying, Toby, get your head out of your ass, don't you. Somebody said get your head out of your ass. I'm like, who is this my mom emailing? All right, we got to move on to some other things. We're gonna play What's in Chili's Can next hour. That's gonna take some time, but it's worth it. It's the Summer Loud Tour with I Prevail, Beartooth, kill Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, and a bunch of other Bates twenty percent chance of rainbow today off tonight Claudy s guys highs up around eighty two Alex S.
Speaker 2: Houston's headlines well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A group of advocacy organizations has filed a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's recent executive order aimed at overhauling the US election system. The executive order introduces measures such as requiring proof of citizenship for voter registration and imposing stricter deadlines for mail and ballots. The plaintiffs argue that these actions exceed presidential authority and could disenfranchise millions of voters. They assert that the Constitution assigns the regulation of federal elections to states and Congress, not the executive branch, and the lawsuit seeks to block the implementation of the order and compel the administration to attract any related guidance. Critics argue that the order's provisions, like proof of citizenship requirement could suppress a voter participation and disproportionate affect marginalized communities. Three US Army soldiers from the first Armored Brigade Combat Team, third Infantry Division were found dead in Lithuania after their armored vehicle sank during a training mission a week ago.
Speaker 4: The soldiers were attempting to.
Speaker 5: Repair and tow an immobilized tactical vehicle when the accident occurred. A six day recovery operation involving US, Lithuanian and Polish forces led to the vehicle's extraction from a bog yesterday, where the search team found the three deceased soldiers. The search continues for a fourth soldier who remains missing, with both members of both militaries continuing to search in the operation. SpaceX's fram two mission launched a crew Dragon capsule named Resilience into orbit for a mission that's going to make it the first crewed spaceflight to ever orbit Earth over the Poles. Resilience successfully separated from the Falcon nine rocket that carried it into space around nine pm hour time, carrying cryptocurrency billionaire Chun Wang, vehicle commander Janick Michelson of Norway, pilot Rabia Raje of Germany, and medical officer and mission specialist Eric Phillips from Australia.
Speaker 4: The mission is expected to last three to five days.
Speaker 5: If you're a fan of the Last of US video games, then you pretty much already know how the HBO series is going to end because co creator Craig Mason says the show won't go past its original source material the way the game The Game of Thrones did. He says, quote the show is hard to make. It has to have an end, so I'm not going to go past the game. He added, the only question is is it going to be one more season or will it require two more? If this can happen all in one more season, great. If we feel like it's gonna make sense to break it up into two, then we're gonna do that. There are two Last of Us video games, and there are no plans to make up part three. Season two of the TV series is going to premiere on April thirteenth.
Speaker 1: I watched Last of Us and I really really liked it. I knew it was based on a video game, but I can't wrap my head around is you're telling me there's a video game with an ending? Yeah? A lot of video games of endings, do they?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought the whole point of a video game was there's no finish line to keep you playing, Like does Call of Duty have an.
Speaker 4: End if you play a story mode?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh okay, so there's a different mode you can play, like, what's the one where you have a campaign and a bunch of dudes and you're doing the floss.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's like Battle Royale. That's just where you drop in.
Speaker 5: There's one hundred people and then whoever's the last persons standing or last team standing wins.
Speaker 2: There's an end.
Speaker 5: That's that's mostly like just like a Battle Royale, though you're not like there's not a storyline going along with that. If you're playing a first person game like the Fallout games like that has this show going.
Speaker 4: On right now and that has an end to each game?
Speaker 1: Does pac Man have an end? I mean when you die, when you lose, But does it have an end? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Kill screen.
Speaker 1: That's what's weird to me.
Speaker 5: I under I think Theft Auto, all of the grand Theft Autos have an end and then you get to other stuff afterwards. But like the main storyline, the side quest, there's other things you can.
Speaker 1: Do, Okay, all right, yeah, I can wrap my head around a book have any ending and it's like, okay, the books are over, that's the show ending. Yeah, but a video game having an ending to me is weird. You know it's I mean, you just sure all right.
Speaker 5: Is Linkolt Park having trouble selling tickets, The band had to move its scheduled show at Dodger Stadium in LA and move it to the Intuit Dome and at Englewood, California, which means that they're dropping from a fifty six thousand seat stadium to an eighteen thousand seat arena. Queens of the Stone Age also dropped off that show as well. And this isn't the only show Lincoln Park is having trouble selling tickets too. They've announced a new promotion for all of their US shows where you can buy a ticket for thirty nine dollars fifty cents and get a randomly assigned seat. They also canceled two upcoming shows in Brazil. Some people are putting a lot of the blame on this for new singer Molie Armstrong due to her ties to scientology and her support of convicted rapist Danny Masterson, which she has later stated that she regretted supporting.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: And the music is good. Yeah, the music is good. The music speaks for itself. They'll be fine playing Range this new one. Yeah, how I do. I'd love them to come to Houston. I don't care what venue it is. Yeah, all right, So the Astros did not win. They lost the Giants last night seven to two.
Speaker 4: They'll play them again this evening.
Speaker 5: Hayden was Nesky of Sam Houston State will be on the mound for the Strugs have been going against San Francisco's Logan Web first pitches at seven to ten, and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety as well as news Radio seven forty kto Rah. Rockets fell to the Lakers last night one o four to ninety eight. They're still the second seed in the Western Conference playoff picture. They're going to have the day off today before hosting the Jazz to Our Night at the Toyota Center. In college basketball, the women's final four is all set. Texas beat TCU fifty eight forty seven last night and Yukon got by USC seventy eight to sixty four. So it's going to be Texas, South Carolina, UCLA and Yukon in the final four of the women's tournament on Friday night in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in Sports Houston's.
Speaker 8: Rock Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Shut Up ninety four or five the bus half point part of the show, pe Book not Chili Peppers and given away Tattooesday had a pretty good Tattooesday discussion. Didn't even mention the Tattooesday feature on Instagram. All that tattoo talk about getting a wedding ring, Toby. We've got a lot of people talking this morning. He's thinking about getting a him and his filance getting tattoo wedding bands. You got a million emails on that afterwards. Maybe we'll pick that up in the nine o'clock hour. I got stuff to do this hour though. We got a twenty percent chance of Rainbow today and tonight Claude's Guys, Pies of aw Yesterday. When leaving the.
Speaker 2: Show, I said, hey, I'll take game suggestions.
Speaker 1: If there's something that you think you want to play on the air today, you know, let me know. Here's a pretty standard email from Ashley with an eye.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 1: I'm going to continue to request What's in Chili's Can until you play it again. The last time you played this game was May ninth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: What do your rain Man?
Speaker 1: What? May twenty ninth, twenty twenty four, you should also play cheese or font. Considering Alex's new aol, I knew we had a cheese game. Yeah, off, it was a one off cheese game.
Speaker 2: Let me guess.
Speaker 1: Let me just throw a wild guests out there. Wizard hated it so much. What was the game? I just had a list of cheeses and a list of fonts. Wing dings is a font? Yes, okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I brought in an item. I asked Alex to go put it in his twins can and he did it first thing in the morning.
Speaker 2: Chili didn't even realize that he.
Speaker 1: Was so tired, he was still getting the crowd out of the corners of his eyes and didn't even realize that that item went in his can.
Speaker 2: But now he's well.
Speaker 1: Aware, now, very well, Chili is very aware that there is an item in his can. It's been in there since the six o'clock hour. He's like, you sure we can't play this game in the eight Chili, You're the one that told me we're open for a game in the eight o'clock hour. So this is your This this has that This sits on you squarely. No, it doesn't sit on me.
Speaker 2: It sits, it's me, it sits in you.
Speaker 1: So this is the can and that's the actual items in Chili's can. This is l Mehor Cafe.
Speaker 2: I don't know where we got this can from.
Speaker 1: Christina gave it to us.
Speaker 2: This is a Christina can. Is this your coffee of choice at the no?
Speaker 1: I think that's hers? Oh okay, yeah, well so this item the way that we play what's in Chili's Can?
Speaker 19: I think there's some sharp in there though, man Ow feels it feels pointy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. Interesting.
Speaker 1: The way the game works is you call up and you have to ask us a quest.
Speaker 2: Now, you're gonna have to keep track of all this stuff, Alex.
Speaker 1: People are gonna call up and ask and I'll take something like right off the table, is it something you would find.
Speaker 2: On a desk?
Speaker 1: If I answer yes or no, that will determine whether or not you're allowed to guess what the item is. We're not just calling in and guessing what this. Yeah, you have to ask some sort of a descriptive question. You're all kind of working together on this. Now I'm gonna I'm gonna add one little layer to this. We didn't give away a pair of buds Fest tickets. If someone guesses it in the first six callers, I'll give you Buzzfest tickets and I prevail Bear Tooth kill Switch Engaged tickets the summer of Loud Tour, because that's what I was originally offering up. But I still I have an extra pair of Buzzfest tickets that are sitting around that I didn't get too because I got so excited talking to Justin yesterday. If within the first six callers they get it, I'll give you both pair of tickets. If not, the winner will get to choose between those tickets. I'll let you choose which ones you want, Okay, So that's how it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: Jilli.
Speaker 1: Not only do you have this uncomfortable thing in your cans, but I mean things tightened up. We haven't played since May twenty nine, twenty twenty four, so it's uh, it's kind. I mean, if we play this game on the rag, I'm sure this wouldn't be as uncomfortable as it is. But things have really gotten tightened up down there.
Speaker 19: I thought you were going to play that uh doctor doctor montage.
Speaker 1: All right, So Chili people have to call and ask a question about the item.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have to answer yes or no.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but they have to ask the question and then you have to say okay.
Speaker 1: If I said now it give me what you think it is. If I say yes, then you're allowed to take a guess at the item. Yes, first six people could win two pair of tickets. It's never We're never gonna get it at the first six.
Speaker 2: All right, get in the queue right now.
Speaker 1: Called Chile.
Speaker 2: He's got the he's got the item in his.
Speaker 1: Can, and you can't ask him okay, but he'll work you. He'll walk you through how to play this game. Seven one, three, two five. It's been a year. What's in Chili's Can?
Speaker 6: Houston, Houston's Alternative and Home at the rod Ryan Morning shown the bus, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back, everybody in a full bank of phone calls. Everybody wants in on what's in What's in Chili's Can? All right, I'll take the first six calls. We'll see if we get it in that first six. I said I'd give away both parrots.
Speaker 2: It's twenty chance of rain. Claude's guys highs him around eighty two.
Speaker 1: All right, a couple of things for you, all right, I need to find out what's trending? And then afterwards you gotta keep track of all these guests.
Speaker 4: I got my little pen paper.
Speaker 1: Okay, good because I because we need to review that with people. So what's trending?
Speaker 5: April Fool's Day continues to tread. Everybody's pranking their friends or not pranking their friends.
Speaker 4: They're talking about April Fool's Day.
Speaker 1: I heard of there's some KFC toothpaste out there. Is it real or is it FaceTime?
Speaker 4: It's real allegedly you know this.
Speaker 1: I don't know this, but I saw somebody email us to the two real fried chicken flavoring Fried Chicken flavored toothpaste is floating.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a weird day to float that out.
Speaker 1: There and it be real. Yeah, so their KFC is keeping us guests, and all right, what else?
Speaker 5: Tes Tuesday continues to train k Fox submitted to us by listening to Brad. People are talking about her, looking at her at the Worlcomish road Rye and show page at the buzz Dot Common. Then Richard Sherman is training the former NFL cornerback. His Seattle home got robbed at gunpoint while his family was home, and I saw they had released some like some security footage of that looks pretty scary.
Speaker 4: But people are talking about Richard Sherman's house getting robbed. That's training on ninety four or five of us.
Speaker 1: Nope, I mean, I guess that's just Chili's music. It's not really read my lips.
Speaker 2: It's just Chili's music, right, yeah, all right, Well when.
Speaker 1: He's being featured, you know he's the lonely bull It thank you, Herb Belpert.
Speaker 2: And this tea one of brass.
Speaker 1: The name of the game that we haven't played since May twenty ninth, twenty four is what's in Chili's Can? You are I'm asking you to call in ask a question. This is the actual item. That's Chilie Can. That's what's in there. It sounds rough. You have to ask a question about the item. If I answer yes, you get to take a guess. If you're in the first six people, we'll give you both pair of tickets at Summer of Loud tour and bus Fest tickets. I'm gonna take six calls right now. Maybe I just need one. Marissa, good morning, do do do do Do? Hello, Marissa, good morning, Hi Marissa. Maybe you can explain it, all right, What is your question about this item in chili's can?
Speaker 2: Can you use it to build something? Can you use it to build something?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: M hmm, Yeah, I guess. I'm gonna say, I guess. I think you're in the wrong direction, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: You're allowed to take a guess.
Speaker 20: Oh, I was gonna say, screwdriver, Show me a screwdriver.
Speaker 1: It's a good guess. All right, that's one down. Hannah, good morning, Good morning. We have this this this is uncomfortably in chili's can. Although he didn't know it got slid in there early this morning, he was half asleep. What is your question? We I said it was kind of something you could use.
Speaker 2: To build, but it's not a screwdriver.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yeah, that's totally threw my question off.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I was gonna ask, pivot, is it something that belongs in the kitchen?
Speaker 2: Oh? Boy, you could yeah. I mean, you know, anything could be in a kitchen.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it could be in a kitchen.
Speaker 2: It could be in a kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, all right, Well I'll just go with scissors. Show show me scissors. No, okay, but off to a really good start here. Call her number three, Josh.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Josh, Good morning, Rod.
Speaker 1: You could find it in a kitchen. I guess he could use it to build something. Sure, I guess it'd be helpful. It's not scissors, it's not a screwdriver. It is in chili's can. What's your question about it?
Speaker 15: My question was can it be used to remove something from something else?
Speaker 1: Hmmm? Uh, I'm gonna say no. I wonder if he was going like a staple remover on that flyers, oh, pliers, would you okay?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, No, it's not it. Everything's a clue on the show. This is the fourth caller, Thomas. Good morning, Good morning, Thomas. What's your question about the item that's in Chili's can. It's it's that's really it.
Speaker 2: That is the item, So it sounds like that and is rolling around as keyster.
Speaker 1: What's your question about the item? Can you use this to write?
Speaker 2: Can you use it to write?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, that rules out all the writing things.
Speaker 1: Sam A.
Speaker 3: Yes, suh.
Speaker 1: Your caller five, I said within I said within the first six if somebody gets it, you got both tickets. Ask your question about the item in Chili's can. Can you hold it in your hand?
Speaker 2: That's wide open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it fit in his can, so yeah, it started out in Alex's hand and then it wound up in his can, So yeah, I would say yes on that.
Speaker 2: You can hold it in your hand.
Speaker 1: You left. Caller took my question, but I wanted to choose another one.
Speaker 2: What's your guess?
Speaker 4: Is it a paper clip?
Speaker 1: Is it a paper clip?
Speaker 2: No, that'd be a heavy duty. That'd be a heavy duty paper clip.
Speaker 1: Alisha, good morning, good morning. Okay, you you're the last you're the super six, Alicia, what is your question about the item in Chili's can this morning?
Speaker 2: Can you use it in the rest Can you use it in the rest room.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no, nah nah, not traditionally used in the restroom. Okay, well that's it. Now you gotta have to choose which ticket you want. That was the first six. Can we do a review? Yes?
Speaker 2: What is it not? Well?
Speaker 4: You can use it to build something kind. It's not a screwdriver though, okay. It could be found in the kitchen, but not scissors.
Speaker 1: Okay, it can be. It cannot be.
Speaker 5: Used to remove something from something else. You cannot use it to write. You can hold it in your hand, but it's not a paper clip. You cannot use it in the restroom.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't use this in the restroom. No, No, you got problems if you're using this in the rest room.
Speaker 2: Everything's a clue.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 1: Give me a new back of calls. Chili seven one, three, two, two, four five are playing What's in Chili's Can. Let's rock out with some brand new music from Chevelle. This is called rabbit Coward's Part one ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: It rocks, It still rocks from what we did the world premiere ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz. That's brand new from Chevelle. It's called Rabbit Hole Coward's Part one. Co headlining Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion, co headlining with Marilyn Manson. We Know Our Friend's Blue October on the Bill and Pod and Evan's Blue and Stabbing Westward and Sleep Theory. Tickets are on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations. You could win a pair of tickets right here. We are offering up your choice now Summer of Loud Tour tickets. That's I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage or Buzzfest playing What's in Chili's camp. Get turned for a quick review.
Speaker 4: I sure do.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: What has been asked of us so far about the ITM? This is it?
Speaker 1: This is this is the item in Chili's can you have to tell me what this item is, but you have to ask me a question about it before you guess, so.
Speaker 5: You can use it to build something. It's not a screwdriver. It could be found in the kitchen. It's not scissors. It cannot be used to remove something from something else. It cannot be used to write. You can hold it in your hand. It's not a paper clip, and you cannot use it in the restroom.
Speaker 1: I think your kitchen is the number one thing there. And holding it in your hand. Okay, let's go back over to the phones. Seven one three, two one two five five Sam A Sam, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. Chili's a little uncomfortable. He has this item in his can ask me a question about it? If I say yes, you get to take.
Speaker 2: A guess, all right.
Speaker 5: Is it something you'd be able to find like on a desk, like an office desk.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I'm gonna say not traditionally.
Speaker 1: No, No, someone's gonna try to catch me in some technicality, but no, not really.
Speaker 2: Sandra, good morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to chili's can, and we're trying to figure out what's in it?
Speaker 2: What's your question about I mean this, is it right here?
Speaker 1: What is your.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it come in like different sizes? Oh? It sure does. Yeah, there's lots of variations of this. Yeah, different sizes.
Speaker 2: Sure you have a guess, go ahead, Yeah, but a battery?
Speaker 1: Oh is it a Battery's good guess, but no, sounds a little it's you know what, it sounds like a battery?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say that.
Speaker 2: That's a good gass.
Speaker 1: Sandra, Michael, good morning, Good morning, how are you doing? Great man, Welcome to what's in Chili's can? He'd like it out of his can? So he wants this game over with Michael. What's your question about this?
Speaker 5: Finally?
Speaker 20: What it's made of?
Speaker 1: Is it made of plastics? It can have plastic parts, it can be partially plastic. I think this one might be partially plastic as a matter of fact, this one specifically, So I'm gonna I'm gonna say yes on that. I don't know if you got a guess. Is it Alex's watch? Alex, show me your watch? No, No, I don't think you'd want me rattling that around? Can It's not a watch? Could be could have some plastic on it though, could be partially plastic. Sure, Jesse, good morning. I found in a kitchen. Interesting not on a desk, Hi, Jesse, go ahead. You can ask a question about this item in Chili's camp.
Speaker 2: Would a kid use it?
Speaker 1: Uh? I would say you wouldn't want a kid to use it. Everything I say is a clue.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't want a kid use it? Anthony, good morning, Good morning, ron. Hey dude, welcome to What's in Chili's Hand? What's your question about this item?
Speaker 2: Can you find it in a garage? All right, I got one in my garage. I have one in my garage.
Speaker 1: Sure, go ahead. Take a guest, dude, Let's go with a knife.
Speaker 2: What did you say, a knife?
Speaker 1: Let's go with a knife. With a knife. Yeah, dude, you wouldn't want kids playing with it, this particular knife. Oh, I broke it. I broke it.
Speaker 2: The handle broke the plastics.
Speaker 1: So rickey, the plastic of the I put Chili's cameras all tight, Jili, Sorry, only part of the plastics snapped off in your outside found in your rear end. Uh, Anthony, it's a knife. Congratulations. We put a knife in Chili's can.
Speaker 4: That's reckless.
Speaker 2: H hr.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one is is a pocket knife. Yeah, but but I was going to just knife was gonna clear what the knife was gonna clear? It did clear, and you're the winner of what's in Chili's can today? Chili?
Speaker 2: Sorry about that?
Speaker 1: So the knife was closed. It hurts.
Speaker 2: It's not a steak knife.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't put a machete up there.
Speaker 4: It's like the still say you could find it in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: A knife. It's a nice little pocket knife. Anthony, you're the winner today. Now you've got a big choice to make. I'll give you the option of either Buzzfest ticket Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion or the Summer of Loud tour I prevail, Bear tooth and kill switching cage.
Speaker 2: Your choice, man. Both of those sounds great, but I'm gonna go with the Summer Aloud ticket.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, dude, congratulates, We'll see you at that show. Congratulations everyone else, ticket Master locations, Anthony, great job today, great choking today.
Speaker 2: You never know how long that game's gonna take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good job, all right, Chili, get it out of there, all right, here's Panic.
Speaker 2: At the disco. He's ninety four five, the buzz, get it out of there.
Speaker 1: Alright, ninety four five, the buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan show. Panic at the disco. Before that, everything revealed what was in Chili's can? And I heed slid a knife in there, but it was it was a pocket knife, so it was closed.
Speaker 2: So he was in no danger.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I can't say there was no danger of harm, but it wasn't like a you know, a nie.
Speaker 4: It was a lesser danger.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like a boning knife.
Speaker 5: He asked for a little bit of an element of danger. Well we asked, all right, Well there you go.
Speaker 2: Check it off the list, write it down.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, April first, twenty twenty five, we played What's in Chili's Can.
Speaker 2: Maybe it'll take another year to play that game again.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rain Cloudey's guys hides up about eighty two. I didn't know these things could go this fast. Three things you must see today. There's always a couple of interesting stories that I find for you.
Speaker 2: I have a scooter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't do sixty five miles an hour. Is there some governor? Is there some you know, did you take the restrictor plate off the red Dragon? You know it's not exactly street legal, you know, so keep that on the down low. Someone in Texas spoted a guy on a scooter doing sixty five miles an hour.
Speaker 2: He's on the highway.
Speaker 1: There's no helmet, there's no safety gear of any kind.
Speaker 2: Short sent a T shirt sixty five miles an hour on a scooter video. Three things you must see today? Pretty while, I mean, I like, I like to go fast, not that fast.
Speaker 1: I'm not on a scooter, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Those are little, tiny, tiny tires. I mean a pebble could could rock you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't understand that.
Speaker 5: And then I think there's flying those uh motorized like skateboards that you see people on sometimes, like on my where I live now, Like I saw a dude just flying by on that another all there, there's pebbles everywhere.
Speaker 1: All it is is one little pebble. You're dead, not dead, but like you're done. Let me tell you, it's completely different out.
Speaker 2: I'm back in the one wheel game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I took the one wheel out first time since I separated the top half from my bottom half of my leg.
Speaker 2: Took the one wheel out.
Speaker 1: You know, that's got that big tire and there's a lot of give, so that goes over rough terrain, no problem.
Speaker 2: I also, you know I have.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like an electric longboarders that I saw.
Speaker 2: That's what I have.
Speaker 1: I have an electric skateboard and let me tell you there's brakes on it.
Speaker 2: What happens when you hit the brakes?
Speaker 1: You got a balance pretty well? Okay, you're going everywhere. The skateboard stops and two hundred lbs keeps going right.
Speaker 2: That went flying off the thing. I don't ride that anymore.
Speaker 4: This guy makes me nervous watching all.
Speaker 1: Right right here in Texas, dudes doing sixty five on a scooter with no safety gear at all.
Speaker 8: Houston and The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Bud ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die Taen Tuesday. I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to take a look yet. I know you guys are looking thank you. I will go take a look tat Tuesday. It's the one link that I wasn't really responsible for. Chili kind of curates that you got to send Chili your suggestions for each and every day.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about what day it falls on. He'll figure out what day it is.
Speaker 1: But he needs your suggestions for your Instagram features each and every day, so you can email him directly or just email me.
Speaker 2: I always forward those along to him.
Speaker 1: Rod at the buzz dot com twenty percent chance of rain cloudy Sky's hies him around eighty two. I'm sitting on those Buzzfest tickets. I'll get you those at around nine to ten. And then we announced Brian Reagan. He's going to be in town December fourth at the Bayou Music Center.
Speaker 2: We have ticket for you on to.
Speaker 1: Know the show before they go on sale this Friday at ten am.
Speaker 2: I got Alex over here right now and.
Speaker 1: He wants to tell us one final time what's going on with Houston's headlines. We good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A group of advocacy organizations has filed a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's recent executive order aimed at overhauling the US election system. The executive order introduces measures such as requiring proof of citizenship for voter registration and imposing stricter deadlines for mail in ballots. The plaintiffs argue that these actions exceed presidential authority and could disenfranchise millions of voters, and that they assert that the Constitution assigns the regulation of federal elections to states and not Congress, or states in Congress and not the executive branch. The lawsuit seeks to block the implementation of the order and compel administrations to retract any related guidance. Critics argue that the order's provisions like proof of citizenship require proof of citizenship requirement excuse me, could suppress voter participation and disproportionately affect marginalized community.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm glad I didn't have to say all morning advocacy organizations proportionately marginalized affectment. And I could even trip up on saying citizenship. Yeah, I can trip up on that one too. I'm glad I don't do this. There's a reason I don't do this segment. Okay, I can't talk. I don't know how I got this far.
Speaker 5: I can barely talk and I'm struggling to get by, all right, what else? The US stock markets experience their most significant decline since twenty twenty two during the first quarter of this year.
Speaker 1: First quarter stunk. Yeah, not great. Do not look at your four one k, don't even look at that stock gamble. It'll come back. But the first quarter it sucked.
Speaker 4: Was not great.
Speaker 5: Luckily, I'm too poor to invest in the stock market, so I'm good.
Speaker 2: Okay, good one yeah, but get in because it's low.
Speaker 4: Now, Bilo, sell high.
Speaker 1: There you go, bright, you got it.
Speaker 4: I learned that.
Speaker 5: Primarily this is due to escalating trade tensions and economic uncertainties. The S and P five hundred and NASTAK Composite both recorded substantial losses, influenced by the Trump administration's aggressive tariff policies aimed at major trading partners. The S and P five hundred remains in a corrective phase, having fallen ten percent from its February peak, and the NASTAC plunge ten point four percent for the quarter. Despite this downturn, sectors like healthcare and utilities have shown resilience. So hey, at least for paying our bills and paying into healthcare, and they're doing great.
Speaker 1: And we're never retiring I always. I hope healthcare is doing great.
Speaker 5: Additionally, investments in gold and US Treasury bonds of increase, showing a cautious investor sentiment during the economic uncertainty.
Speaker 2: Well they got to get into some gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been looking for gold for years?
Speaker 16: What am i?
Speaker 2: John Wick?
Speaker 1: He's can have a bunch of gold coins in a briefcase. Why not bury it?
Speaker 5: Husbands worldwide just got a new excuse for not listening. A study found that men don't hear as well as women.
Speaker 4: There you go average, Yeah, science.
Speaker 1: Look, I didn't hear you saying, you know, shorte, he ain't here as well as you.
Speaker 2: It's science, bitch. I wouldn't use that at home. I wouldn't know what to say that.
Speaker 1: It was just a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just from breaking bad everybody.
Speaker 2: But it's science. We just don't hear as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, literally, these are scientists that are telling us these things.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you told me to clean the garage.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you told me to get that, get the mail. I didn't hear you.
Speaker 1: I didn't know pick up those underwear. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm just a man.
Speaker 2: I thought those underwear were there on the floor for a reason, just to.
Speaker 1: Guy, all right, hear you.
Speaker 5: The average woman has a two decibel advantage end up to six decibels with some frequencies. It's not a lot, but it's significant enough to make a difference, and scientists think that it might just come down to hormones or how our ears developed in the womb. Sorry, my ears didn't develop as well as yours in the room.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know what shaw me to do here.
Speaker 1: You live longer than us, You hear better than us. Listen, it's a woman's wah exactly.
Speaker 5: They also think it's possible that women's brains are better at processing sounds too, so when it comes to hearing, men might have worse ears and inferior brains in that category. The study also found that regardless of gender, we all tend to hear better out of our right ear, a little bit better than our left ear.
Speaker 4: You know how people are right eyed and left eyed too.
Speaker 5: We did that experiment a couple of years ago with the toilet paper roll.
Speaker 4: Like, that's crazy that most people are just right ere.
Speaker 2: I do want to go get a hearing test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they ate grand yeah, you did that in school, right, Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 2: I'm scared. I think I got I still think.
Speaker 1: I mean you think got a little bit.
Speaker 4: I feel like everybody that wears headphones for.
Speaker 1: Me, that's what I'm worried about. It's the headphones with this gig. That's not a good thing.
Speaker 5: I played Xbox too, and that's also doing it that I do the podcast, and that's also with headphones.
Speaker 1: So like, I'm I'm catching up to you, but somebody.
Speaker 2: Needs to let me know.
Speaker 1: Do they. I feel like they used to do it at like maybe a Costco or Sam's Club.
Speaker 2: There was a little hearing.
Speaker 1: Little booth you could go and get checked out.
Speaker 4: To come in here and give us a here and test.
Speaker 1: It's all I need. Yeah, is there like some little briefcase they can come in and do it?
Speaker 5: Hey, can we pick the person's goun play my lips is just like a hearing test person.
Speaker 1: Let's get that person bring their gear. Oh we do need to read my lips person? Did you get that fix the Graham girl? Nope. He was all excited thinking that he was going to get one of these gals out of y One of these locals still.
Speaker 2: Happened on the Instagram.
Speaker 19: You got nothing, Nah, keep signoring my fifty million requests.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, now we need a hearings like Brandon Boy, we need a still on Red. We need a hearing expert.
Speaker 2: For read my lips.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't hear you.
Speaker 2: Actually uses that excuse all the time at home.
Speaker 5: The Morgan Wallen Saturday Night Live fallout continues. The Internet thinks that he stormed off the stage because Lord Michael snubbed him, but Keenan Thompson told Entertainment Weekly that he's not sure what happened, and either way, sources at NBC have said that there's no bad blood and the show would.
Speaker 4: Love to have him back. I feel like this has been a big nothing burger.
Speaker 5: It seemed like it went on a little too long yesterday when people were making bigger deals out of it, Like I hate when somebody that's not a body language expert, which I don't really believe that there's a body language expert. Well, if you look at that the way he was looking over there, like he's clearly dismissed up of everybody, like listen, shut up, just chill out, and then.
Speaker 1: I'm not a body language expert. The guy walked off stage and walked into the camera. You could have walked off stage in a different deanery that he could.
Speaker 4: Have gone about it differently, but I don't care.
Speaker 1: He wanted it to be seen that he was leaving, So that does seem like it is a reaction to something or some sort of a protest, like he's brought this upon himself. He could have just he could have slid off stage side an f.
Speaker 4: You to SNL. I don't think it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: I think he just doesn't like New York. I think he doesn't like New York.
Speaker 5: The funniest thing I saw out of all of this was one of the SNL writers posted online yesterday because he Morgan had done the picture of his jet. It was like, take me back to God's Country, and it was a Krispy Kreame food truck and the writer said, take me to God's Country.
Speaker 4: I kind of liked that.
Speaker 2: Move, all right, funny writers.
Speaker 5: Papa Roach front man Jacobe Shaddocks has revealed that the band's next album will come out next year. The latest single, even If It Kills Me that we're listening to right now is the first track from that upcoming record, and the band play ends to release more music throughout the year and expects the album to have about ten or eleven songs. Shaddocks shared that they are also going on a big tour, including stops in the US, Europe, Latin America, Australia, and possibly even Southeast Asia. He said that he's been working in the studio between tour dates to finish the album and the new music, including a reimagined version of this song, was inspired in part by his son's painful breakup and Shaddick's hopes that it connects with fans on a deeper level. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Andy, I'll add this and I'll be done.
Speaker 1: Morgan Wallen could end this with one tweet, but he's not because his publicists are saying.
Speaker 2: This is so good, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're talking about those two idiots in Houston are going to talk about this for two more days.
Speaker 2: Don't say anything, That's all.
Speaker 1: I don't do an everybody did yesterday, all right, please turn your cap around.
Speaker 2: Sports.
Speaker 5: Well, the Astros lost to the Giants last night, seven to two.
Speaker 1: They're gonna play them again this evening.
Speaker 5: Hayden Wiznsky from Sam Houston State University. He's gonna be on the mound for this drills, going up against San Francisco's Logan Web first pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to the game on both of our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty kth and basketball. The Rockets fell to the Lakers last night one oh four to ninety eight. There's still the second seed in the Western Conference playoff picture right now, and they're gonna have a day off before hosting the Jazz tomorrow night at the Toyota Center. In college basketball, the women's final four is all set. Last night, UT beat TCU fifty eight to forty seven. Yukon got by USC seventy eight to sixty four. So it's gonna be Texas, South Carolina, UCLA and Yukon in the final four on Friday night in Tampa Bay for the women's tournament.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: There was a new record for a basketball card and it was Kaitlyn Clark's here in sixty six thousand for a rookie card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was over three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Pretty nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah for Kaitlyn clear Hard.
Speaker 4: I'm saying so yeah.
Speaker 1: I got that on the Looking at Girls blog page. That blog page is doing very very well. I'm gonna go check out that tat Tuesday feature right.
Speaker 8: Now and the Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. It's green day when I come around.
Speaker 2: It should be criminal to make any kind of an announcement today.
Speaker 1: I think so too. And people are just gonna lie about everything.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm okay. I mean, we don't do it anymore, just because the company doesn't want us lying to you guys and upsetting and getting everybody. I don't even do the whole April Fool's Day thing. We don't try to trick you guys or anything. It's just not worth it.
Speaker 2: It's just not worth it.
Speaker 4: I tried, and you don't even know. O.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe when I say we've talked, we talked about this this morning. In the fun Facts, there were death announcements like Marvin Gaye's death was announced on this day and people thought it was an April Fool's Day joke. Why would and he really was murdered by his father back on this day. The Selena thing happened around this time when she was killed. Is it even Taco Tuesday?
Speaker 2: I see that's I know that's what people are taught.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Okay, breaking news from the NFL. NFL owners have passed now. I know they're working on stuff right now. NFL owners have passed a rule that both teams will be allowed to possess the ball in overtime in the regular season, much like they do in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The original proposal was for a fifteen minute overtime, and that now has been amended to ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Why are you announcing stuff today?
Speaker 4: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem like a funny haha thing like that would be stupid to take that away. I think that's a good rule.
Speaker 4: But I like who tweeted that. Who posted that.
Speaker 2: ESPN Craft beginness.
Speaker 1: So it's not like ESPN. It's not ESPN. Yeah, it's not that. It's it's it's real all Sack Sports new.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem to me that it's not black Adam Schefter.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of people, Oh wait.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 1: Should both teams get to touch the ball in over time during the regular season?
Speaker 5: I think so, And it's ten minutes too, because a lot of times you'll see people run the clock out, run the clock down as much as they can.
Speaker 2: It's better be a real rule change.
Speaker 5: I don't believe it. I'll believe it tomorrow if it's a thing. If it's still a thing.
Speaker 2: It's not funny.
Speaker 5: It's not like yeah, but it's like misinformation sometimes is funny.
Speaker 1: It's not fried chicken toothpaste that is out there today, which some people are saying is real.
Speaker 4: People are saying it's real. But then I also don't believe that it's real now.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't put it past KFC to put out ten tubes of it today and say it is real.
Speaker 5: We're all lying, Okay, yes, you should both be able to touch the like, this is a bad look if it's not real.
Speaker 1: I like the rule. It's insane that, Like I know that my dad would be like, God forbid a defense, stop an offense. I can see my dad rolling over in his grave with this rule. But if your offense doesn't get a shot, like you know, like, what's the point. Oh, that's what your defense is for. That's what my dad would say, right, that's not me. I like the rule. I'd like both teams to touch the ball in overtime. They do that in the playoffs, why not in the regular season. What is better than more football?
Speaker 5: Football rocks unless you're watching your team, and then more football sucks if it's overtime and you don't want unless you're down, and then I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always want to a little bit out hope.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna we're gonna put a pin in this.
Speaker 5: We're gonna talk about it tomorrow till tomorrow to push is Also they're they're possibly gonna ban that.
Speaker 2: Do you want that to go away?
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 5: I think that it lets the Eagles get to talk a bunch of crap, and I don't want the Eagles to get to do that.
Speaker 1: Everybody couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just better Like I don't want to point out other teams, but there's a certain person in this room that's not a Giants fan, and your their team may or may not have executed it well, and so it's obviously stoppable.
Speaker 1: The Bills. The Bills use it a lot, The Eagles use it a lot. Bills use it the second most.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we're pretty successful with it, except for when they needed it at one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. It's stoppable. Stoppable, you know, Josh Allen is almost unstoppable. But it's been proven that it doesn't work every single time.
Speaker 4: We can stop the Eagles, though, I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Do you want that to go away?
Speaker 1: So you won't stop the Eagles?
Speaker 5: They have Sequon Barkley and he'll just run through everybody again. And you can also Jalen Hurts can squat a million pounds, He'll just lean forward and it'll be a regular quarterback sneak.
Speaker 4: You just can't push behind.
Speaker 1: Him, right, So you're do you think it should go away?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't think we need to. There's other rules we can deal with. Yeah, I want a super challenge. I want you to be able to challenge one play, whether or not it's challengeable or not. Like was that a pass interference? The ref has to look at it. You get one of those a game.
Speaker 2: You think the push push will go away?
Speaker 4: I don't think it will this year. I think eventually it will.
Speaker 1: We're interested, all right, Well, this is breaking news from the NFL.
Speaker 4: A legend. Great.
Speaker 1: You should not be breaking there should not. If somebody dies, you got to announce that. I understand that, but don't come out with let's say unit'sed tomorrow. Don't come out with a rule change in the NFL that's huge on today.
Speaker 5: News should just like most news should just take off today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, leave it to the spaghetti trees and stuff like that. You know, that's what That's what today's for. Uh, let me give away a pair of Buzzfest tickets. It's Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion, Chevelle Marilyn Manson co headlining Blue October playing that new song hot Stuff that's not rocked. Yeah, I mean he told us he's playing that song. He will be performing that song live. It'll be somewhere in the middle of the set. Pod Evans Blue Stabbing Westward was the latest band added Sleep Theory.
Speaker 2: And h I'm hearing that there's an announcement coming soon.
Speaker 1: Another Oh is this This is not an aplel fools, But here I am saying no announcements on this day, and I'm about to announce something. It's it's not an you have my word, you have my word. We're going to give the opportunity for a local band to open up Busfest.
Speaker 4: That's something we've done before. So I do believe that.
Speaker 2: Monday all the details on Monday.
Speaker 1: Sore time to drop it. So tell your local band friends, because you know they're not up now, and I can I submit you with Chill. I mean, what do you have an old recording of you and Chili playing cow bell with somebody? Okay, we got all weekend. I don't know that you would win a contest against established local bands. Well, then, I guess I don't know. If there's a work work here, it eliminates you from contesting.
Speaker 4: There is that you know, Chili and I have performed in a band before.
Speaker 2: Why am I even entertaining now? Dumbass?
Speaker 1: Right now? Call in ten seven, one, three, two, two, five, nine four five bus Fest tickets.
Speaker 8: Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz phone lines are ringing. I'll go over here. Good morning, Good morning, good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Who is this Susan? What am I doing?
Speaker 2: What do I have the pleasure here with you on the other end of the phone, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: How are you great?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm giving away tickets right? Oh yeah, I said.
Speaker 1: To call, boy said, I said to call right your calling shirt, Yeah, you're calling ten. Congratulations. I'm gonna give you tickets. I want to party.
Speaker 2: We want to party with you, Susan. We heard you were an animal.
Speaker 1: We heard about you, we heard that you are awesome to party with.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna invite you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you a pair of tickets Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 2: We want to.
Speaker 1: Rock out with you at Buzzfest. Okay, awesome, Thank you so much, Thank you, Susan.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right?
Speaker 1: Would you hang on for me?
Speaker 10: Hi? Yes, I will, all right.
Speaker 2: The next voice you hear, Wi be Chili, I apologize.
Speaker 12: Online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The muzz a knife that is Fanny today, but a knife is Can, so he's still kind of feeling the effects of that.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. Chilli's fine, don't worries. Can is just fine.
Speaker 5: Girls, What are you doing today? I this is appropriate since it's April Fool's Day. It's two truths and a lie. You're gonna get about twenty of these types of questions. It's gonna give you three facts and you have to see which fact is not.
Speaker 2: Well, that sounds like a good radio game.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a new game that they that Wizard would hate that we played on the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just bookmark this one. We'll run that.
Speaker 1: Two truths and a fact, I like the two fat two truths and a lie.
Speaker 4: So one of the truth facts that you see is a lie.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you one example round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, I want to hear all this guy.
Speaker 4: So which of these is not true?
Speaker 5: Honey never spoils, the Great Wall of China is visible from space? Or octopuses have three arts?
Speaker 17: Okay, I was told that they found honey in King Tut's tomb that was not spoiled in honey doesn't spoil?
Speaker 2: That one is true?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Now, we just did a fun fact.
Speaker 1: Did we say that the Las Vegas Strip was the brightest thing visible from space? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, it does have a lot more lights than the Great Wallet China.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think that China Wall is lit up that well, but nor do I know because I haven't seen it. I'm gonna say that an octopus does not have three hearts, and you can see the Great Wall of China from space. All right, So the two facts are the Chinese Wall and the honey.
Speaker 2: Those are the.
Speaker 5: Truths you got correct, you would pass the first one.
Speaker 1: What can I get some Buzfest tickets or something.
Speaker 4: For that you already have tickets? Yes, okay, yes you can well.
Speaker 5: Go check it out see how well you can tell lies today.
Speaker 4: At the world famous rod Ryan Show page.
Speaker 1: At the Buzz dot com that needs to go into the game development though. Okay, it really dark. Yeah, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: Hey, we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 8: We have one of our own, The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: US ninety four five, the Buzz bad omens and just pretend rod Ryan's Show tattooesday.
Speaker 2: It is a great feature today.
Speaker 1: I see why you have mentioned it a couple of times that it's the number one link today. The Instagram feature is always number one. I'll tell you what's still trend. What's still hitting for us is the milf from yesterday still getting a ton of.
Speaker 2: Hits from yesterday. We had a huge day on links and guests. So the MILFs, they're unstoppable. It's a MILF's world. You can't stop them.
Speaker 1: Now, you can't.
Speaker 2: You only hope to contain them.
Speaker 1: And this one and I'd like to put in a container, so links and guests is where you're gonna want to go. There's a food blog page up today. There's a crazy criminal blog page up today. I got some wing nut in Texas doing sixty five miles an hour on a scooter with shorts, no helmet, no padding, no nothing, sixty five miles an hour on a highway and a scooter fast. Welcome to April, everybody. Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: We are in the second quarter of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Do we do quarterly Instagram features anymore? We're in a different world. We're in a different world right now. We're still we don't We're down a member of the show.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've got I think I got my Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would you guys be able to produce your first quarter top ten this week?
Speaker 4: If SHE'LLI can, I can I have a top ten?
Speaker 2: Let me say that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Let's do a Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me say that on Friday. On Friday, the Twins will have their top ten first quarter.
Speaker 4: List, like all the last ten.
Speaker 2: Chili will be the last ten.
Speaker 1: Of course, I don't even want to ask him if that's reasonable, because he's going to complain about it. Chili. Is that reasonable that you would be able to produce your top ten of the first quarter of the year by Friday? Reasonable?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do we want to Will you.
Speaker 1: Be able to do this? Yeah? I'll be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: You gave me enough hadtime, like you know.
Speaker 19: Okay, So if I don't produce it, then that means I'm not doing my job.
Speaker 1: I was going with tomorrow, but somebody talked me into Friday. Okay. Curious to see you guys. All right, so that's another thing to look forward to in April. Hey, the twins are going to produce their top ten report will be in after the quarter is over. But we are twenty five percent of the way through twenty twenty five. It's always a pretty good month for sports. March madness continues with the final four this weekend. The women's national championship game is Sunday. The men's final will be on Monday. We're all hoping that the Kougs can punch it through to that final game.
Speaker 2: Where where are the games being played?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, so that's a reasonable drive too. The home game feels, I tell you, what's.
Speaker 2: Going to have a home game field? What are we playing Duke.
Speaker 4: They play Duke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. And then I don't even know where.
Speaker 5: Duke is, like in the Northeast Carolina.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought it was a Northeast team.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. No, is Duke the name of a city they at?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh Duke, Yes, yeah, Duke right down the roads from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Oh okay, in North Carolina. Thanks. Major League Baseball season is in full swing right now. The Masters is going to start up on April tenth. NHL playoffs are gonna start on the nineteenth.
Speaker 4: Let's go Red Wings. They can still get in.
Speaker 2: NFL Draft is April twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Yep, so yeah there's a third Oh boy, there's some pretty great sports. Are they gonna get Shador Sanders?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Do you want Shadoor Sanders?
Speaker 4: I will take a quarterback, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Is there another quarterback that maybe you would like?
Speaker 5: I would like cam Wood, But I think he's going first. Okay, Titans are gonna add them, so Textans have to deal with him two times.
Speaker 1: He The thing about this bit when I talk about I usually do this bit like on the first day of the month.
Speaker 2: You know what stinks? Now? The movies.
Speaker 4: The Avengers movie is not out for no year.
Speaker 1: There's a Mickey Mouse thriller called Steamboat opening tomorrow. Okay, there's a Minecraft movie that opens on Friday.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I know see that one.
Speaker 2: I know you've been You've been pumped for that Memoa.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: I got up early the other maybe over the weekend, and I got up before everybody.
Speaker 2: It's like four in the morning. No one's up. I can watch it.
Speaker 1: The Accountant was on. I always heard that was a good movie with Ben Affleck. Well I just started watching sever it's more on that. Okay. The Accountant, too, with Ben Affleck, opens on April twenty fifth. You know his brother is Ben Affleck? Ben Affleck's brother in the movie. Oh it's the guy from the Bear. Yeah, the brother the Bears the Bears, the Bear's older brother. Yeah, Punisher, he's good.
Speaker 2: Hands made. Handmaid's Tale. Does Chili watch that? Why do I feel like there's a weird couple weird.
Speaker 1: Shows and Chili Moss?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The mad Man?
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Handmaid's Tale returns in its final season next Tuesday. There's six new episodes of Black Mirror that are coming next Thursday. I'm out of business with black mirrors. I haven't watched in forever. The last of Us thirteenth. There you go. You've been talking about that. Today's April Fool's Day. Passover starts on the twelfth. Good Friday is the eighteenth. I believe we work all these days now. I don't think we get Catholic holidays off. No, don't want to piss people off. Easter is going to be April twentieth. We had that off. It's a Sunday. Easter is four to twenty nice, just the way Jesus would want. National Burrito Days this Thursday, Honey Chicken, National Twinkie Day, Sunday, National Beard Day on the seventh, Gin and Tonic Day on the ninth. All right, all right, I didn't know I was getting a Gin and Tonic Day. And then, if trees are your thing, April twenty fifth is Arbor Day. That's my name.
Speaker 2: I think I got you pretty well equipped for the month.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: So don't say it's busy. I don't want to hear you don't know what's going on. The show is a kind of show that tells you what's going on.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Show on the.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Lenny Kravitz fly away, Good morning, brod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: On this Tattooesday.
Speaker 1: It is a great Tattooesday feature on the old famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll look at Girls' blog page.
Speaker 1: Is very good today. Lots of interesting stories. And I say that because you know you go for the picks, you stay for the stories.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you go find that stuff on your own.
Speaker 1: Were looking at girls blog page is really really good. There's some food things that I thought you guys would be interested in. When we get a new Past the Gravy Podcast tomorrow, get a new record it and put it up on Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: Normally we talk about it on Thursday morning.
Speaker 1: Right, most people will record it Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Put it on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, good Now, how far along are you into what you know is going to be happening.
Speaker 2: What's the average length of your Past the Gravy Podcast.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's around two hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was on it once. I feel like I was on.
Speaker 5: There for four hours and then we went a little long. Okay, if I have a guess, sometimes that goes a little bit longer. Because you get into different stuff.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: Okay, so two hours like last week's is one fifty four.
Speaker 1: Where are you at with the your the content that you're gonn to be covering? Do you have everything planned out already? I think he's not one hundred percent planned out.
Speaker 5: And we have questions if people ask us, and and we do mock drafts during mock draft season, so I would say we're about about sixty percent right. I can write into question absolutely at past a pod these hashtag ptg.
Speaker 1: Answers where babies like where the babies come from?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can help you with that.
Speaker 5: Oh, you could talk about relationship advice, very good medical advice.
Speaker 4: We can outdid that too.
Speaker 2: I do have a great ticket for you that I'm gonna leave you with on the show.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to mention this, and I just I don't offer any It's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: To bring it up and then not offer any ways to fix it.
Speaker 4: That's what it's just listed us.
Speaker 1: But it's just it's too much Americans spending one hundred and thirty eight minutes every day worrying.
Speaker 4: Uh. I would say twenty four hours a day aspen.
Speaker 1: It's two hours and eighteen minutes. That's the length of Star Wars The Force Awakens. You can watch that instead of worrying.
Speaker 4: I'd worried through the old.
Speaker 2: That's a long time to worry.
Speaker 1: Uh, there's I mean, there's a lot of motivational quotes out there that I've seen, and worrying is a waste of time and energy. I don't think it stops people from obsessing over things. No, young adults are worrying more than older adults. Sixty two percent of Gen z ers and millennials say they're constantly feeling anxious.
Speaker 2: It's anxious in worrying, the same thing.
Speaker 5: I think anxiety leads to worrying. Yeah, yeah, I think they're not the same thing, but they kind.
Speaker 4: Of go in and hand.
Speaker 2: They're intertwined. I agree.
Speaker 1: Many people find themselves worrying when they're trying to fall asleep. That's the worst.
Speaker 2: I fall into that category from time to time.
Speaker 1: I don't. I feel like I put my head on the pill and I'm done. I feel like I'm in the ninety percentile what you just said.
Speaker 2: And then every now and then.
Speaker 1: There's just like the whole world is like it's all running through my brain, you know, like there's just.
Speaker 2: A battle royale up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I.
Speaker 4: Like to go to seek to get away from me Anxiety.
Speaker 1: Sometimes tough things that people are worrying about. If maybe this, maybe if you hear it, then you can do something to fix it. Finances is number one. I know that's not an easy thing to fix. That's not an easy thing to fix. Finances number one thing that people are worried about, followed by things like family and things you need to do, health, work, politics. I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 4: Politics.
Speaker 1: Politics is not on my list, you guys.
Speaker 4: I don't have any control over that.
Speaker 1: Even like a comment I made today got people emailing me.
Speaker 2: I said, I don't care.
Speaker 1: What Kid Rock war in the Oval Office trying to fix this whole problem with I'm interested in Kid Rock and President Trump working on the price gouging on tickets.
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 1: I'm interested in that, and I think that's something that we should all be interested in. Like bipartisan, I don't care what he wore. I also don't care what Zelensky wore. Right went in his meeting with a fashion show. You guys spend too much time.
Speaker 2: I know you think like I'm an idiot.
Speaker 1: That I don't worry about politics, but that's off my list of things that I.
Speaker 4: Work instead, and that I don't know.
Speaker 5: The highs of sports makes me feel a lot happier than the highs of politics.
Speaker 1: I can tell you if if the number one time that we worry about things is what we're laying down, and I think it's hitting people all the times at the day, I can tell you I have never once laid there. Now, I'm interested in this stuff and I watch it. I watch it more than I lead on.
Speaker 2: I have never once laid in bed not been able to.
Speaker 1: Fall asleep because of some policy that's on the table right now. Well never was. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just don't that's not a thing that I worry about. I just think things are gonna work out.
Speaker 2: I do. I'm sorry. I just think that, you know what, it's gonna work.
Speaker 1: It's gonna work, and if it doesn't work, then someone else will be in there and it'll work with them.
Speaker 2: I don't know I an idiot.
Speaker 1: For thinking that way.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, because like I just have dumb stuff that all the way there and be like, is Russell Wilson going to be I don't know, like, like, am I gonna have to.
Speaker 4: Go this so again?
Speaker 1: All right, I'll tell you what. If you can take that off your plate, maybe you'll sleep a little better. Let the politics do the politicking. Let them, you know what I mean, Let them do it, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Easier said than done.
Speaker 2: I know I'm gonna get I'm gonna get an email right now.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I got comedian Brian Reagangan Reagan. Brian Reagan tickets. He's gonna be in town on December fourth at the Buyu Music Center. Tickets not on sale until this Friday at ten am through Ticketmaster. I'll give you a pair of tickets on Know the Show after this break The rod.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. All right, nine fifty one, It's time for Know the Show.
Speaker 14: La.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we announced comedian Brian Reagan in town December fourth, BUYU Music Center Tickets to go on sale this Friday at ten am ticketmaster dot com. Win a pair before they go on sale. If you Know the Show, Alex, what's your question?
Speaker 4: What tattoo trend did we talk about today?
Speaker 5: Oh boy, we're a little on the fence about you whether it was a good idea.
Speaker 1: It's not a good idea, So get you one, Toby, Toby, was it Toby? That's at that email the Tobester. Yeah, Toby sent an email, got a lot of response to a lot of people talking about that. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: Don't do it, Toby, don't do it? All right? If you know the show, call.
Speaker 1: Hey Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: The Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Lincoln Park lost all right, that's gonna musically cap off the show today.
Speaker 2: Nothing over a twenty percent chance of raying.
Speaker 1: Claudi's guy's pies up around eighty two to two two two.
Speaker 2: He's now time four.
Speaker 1: I know the show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 14: Buzz La La La La, La, La la La is Brian Reagan, the guy.
Speaker 2: We have that clip when we turn.
Speaker 1: The clocks back and people He talks about how people can't adjust to the one hour.
Speaker 2: It's like, I can't.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's him kind us Okay, all right, oh, I know he's a very funny guy. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello. Who's this Hey? This is Richard.
Speaker 2: Hi, Richard, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you good Man?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: I'm happy to be on. I'm happy to have you on. Dude, you're gonna close this out for us on a tattooesday. I got some great tickets here, Alex.
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 4: What tattoo trend did we talk about today?
Speaker 1: The finger tattoo? Your significant others getting a finger Yeah, in place of wearing a wedding ring.
Speaker 2: It was getting a tattooed wedding band.
Speaker 1: But you got it. It's the fun Richard, Yeah, you got it. So yeah, if you were the deciding factor, Toby sent the email in it's his I guess soon to be fiance. She's floated the idea of them getting ring finger tattoos instead of going the ring route.
Speaker 2: You're the decider here, Richard. Should Toby do it or not? I would not do it.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm with you, bro, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get it. There's cover ups and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Just just get something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many other things you can do and get a.
Speaker 1: Tattoo in places to get it. Dude, you got tickets to go see Brian Reagan December fourth, bought you Music Center tickets on sale this Friday for everyone else you're in dude, all right, yeah, appreciator, thank you, I appreciate you. You sound like a pretty level headed guy. I don't think Toby should do it either.
Speaker 2: But what why? What am I nothing? The answers? Nothing?
Speaker 4: Facing that sad?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys. The goat did goat things this morning. Who did he play?
Speaker 4: Thank Scottie? Oh h the bird man?
Speaker 21: He played the birdman who was in the final four last year. Come on, I asked for a killer, I got a killer. And if you listen to that game, Josh the Goat got caught speeding on a question too, but he's still got the job done. His thirteenth time in the Hall of Fame. Did we hear from Corey the goat Hunter today?
Speaker 4: I do believe he emailed it.
Speaker 2: Where's he been afraid? Why was any hunting for the last five days?
Speaker 4: Say he's scared?
Speaker 2: Okay, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Love hearing that, all right, So, Josh the Goat in the Hall of Fame today, our fourth Hall of Famer for twenty twenty five. We start with some brand new players tomorrow morning. The fortune, the fame that comes along with it. Who cares what we're giving away? Get in on the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Okay, you could be rod Ryan Show famous too. We play every morning at six twenty. We can play another game. I mean, we just put more stuff in Chili's can. He's all loosened up. We'll put some more stuff in there.
Speaker 4: Run that.
Speaker 1: He's okay, Chili, you gets you all loosened up.
Speaker 2: Put some more stuff in there.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 1: Actually I gotta go to a doctor after I that knife stuff. You know, got a knife in his can today? American mean knife, bro.
Speaker 2: It was a little pocket knife that was closed. You were fine.
Speaker 1: Some are saying a knife is a knife.
Speaker 2: You were fine?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 1: Great round of what's in Chili's can today? We'll play something else tomorrow. What do you guys want to play? More Buzzfest tickets, More Summer of Loud Tour tickets. That's the eye Prevail, bear tooth, Pierce the Veil. I mean, all these tickets we've been given away. Gas late Anthem County crows. What a great show that is. Well, let the tickets to all this stuff tomorrow on the show, new stuff to talk about. I haven't done a poll question forever. Send me some pole question ideas. I feel like we've been we've abandoned the poll question. I need a good poll question too. All right, that's it. Jeremy's up next to pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: He's got the NonStop noonar he.
Speaker 1: Just rocks out for a whole hour, no commercials.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have time for commercials.
Speaker 1: And guys have a great Tuesday. A m app.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Joe page at the buzz dot com.