Speaker 1: With you need, so you don't have come running.
Speaker 2: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shoot's gonna help you.
Speaker 4: Come.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Okay, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. It is Friday. What a snowy day. What a snowy week. We have a lot to talk about though. It's car day. And do we have our experts in the studio yet? Are they?
Speaker 6: They should be there. We're getting them set up on video. It'll be a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Mark, you're at the home studio. I am man.
Speaker 6: I'm out in the winter wonderland that is known as frank Town. We got hammered and it's snowing like crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, let me bring you up. I see your cameras there now, so we'll bring you up. For those streaming this show on YouTube, but go to Troubleshooter Network and welcome to the show. By the way, we're here to help you anyway we can solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. But we do have our peeps on at We do have our peeps on for uh the studio. We have Kevin Colkin and we have also Jeffick Kevin is with Shared and Auto Tech jeffic camera Transmission. Guys, are you all accounted for? Did you make it? Okay? How are the roads? The roads were terrible for me. What about you guys? Okay? Apparently they're not ready, so I'll just I'll just move on straight real three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know, I just want to say something real quick. I can't truly, truly, truly, truly, truly believe that Trump has taken No, he's not in office, and the meltdown of mainstream media. I swear to God, I'm reading the doom and gloom and I'm saying, what did you know that American universities true story? They're offering safe spaces. I saw that Jordan's counseling for students who feel threatened after a widespread Republican victory. We have created a nation of snowflakes. Whoosies.
Speaker 6: I'd like to use something else, but I check with dragon first.
Speaker 1: But whoosies. That's the best way. We'll stick with whissies. Thank you is the other word out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can, but it all depends on context. So yeah, anyway, but seriously, I mean seriously safe spaces. Oh my god, I need a safe space. I feel so insecure. Speaking of that, celebrit have reported those who came out in favor of Kamala. Listen, people, I'm not talking politics. I'm just having fun here. Celebrities are literally saying they feel unsafe in public after coming out for Kamala and now that there was such a big victory.
Speaker 6: You know what's amazing is how Biden got up the other day and same with Kamala, and they both said, hey, it's gonna be a very nice and pleasant Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, I think, no, no, no, I think officially, the all of them, all of the Democrats have been very gracious. I really mean that.
Speaker 6: Well, I understand that, But how is that possible when a week ago Trump was the biggest threat to our democracy, he was Hitler a fascist.
Speaker 1: How is one.
Speaker 6: Thing true one week and then completely not true the next week.
Speaker 1: It's quite amazing. Jimmy Kimmel. The one thing Kimmel said that made me more puzzled than anything in the world. He said, it was a bad day, for this bad day, for that bad day, for this bad day, for that it was a bad day for journal What does that mean? I hope they I think it's a bit no. I think it's a bad day for bias, backstabbing, lying left leaning lunatics. Maybe.
Speaker 6: Well that's a crazy thought within itself because we know this. Uh, he just handed them four years of more smear. I mean, some of them are probably lucky to have a job.
Speaker 1: Now here's what I want to say. The Ymssey Police Department in Beaufort County, South Carolina, said that these research monkeys escaped from Alpha Genesis. It's the largest number of monkeys that ever escaped. I think there's forty three of them on the loose right now. They're on the loose. So far, not one has been captured. And they're not infected. They were they they have not yet been used.
Speaker 6: Yeah yes, sure, Okay, wait a minute, remember remember the wu Wan lab and nothing. They tried to blame it on bats and nothing was in infected or it didn't come from there.
Speaker 1: How do we know these monkeys aren't infected. Well, I think it's because they raised them there, they don't research them. But anyway, here's what I found out. They're on the loose. They are menaces, they can hurt you. Do not pet them, don't approach them. But meanwhile, I heard some Democrats have offered them sanctuary, so they're gonna be okay.
Speaker 6: On the nightly news last night, I think it wasn't Lester Hope, but they literally came out and said, there's nothing to fear unless if you come into contact with them.
Speaker 1: I mean, how how crazy is that? Anyway, Renee, let's talk to Renee hi. Our number is three to zero, three, seven to one to three. Talk on a serious no, we do love solving problems. Three oh three, seven to one, three eight two five five. So my wife said, I was a little rough on that woman who called in. Who was uh, I don't know she she's gonna be homeless, and I was trying to help her. Really, I didn't mean. All I said was look at you know. She was worried about how I was saying things that I'm the woman is that I was hurting her feelings. I said, look, let's not worry about hurting your feelings. Let's let's let's attack this and get you some help. She's living in her freaking car.
Speaker 7: But she had an excuse for every every suggestion you gave too, which is very frustrating.
Speaker 1: I know people, you know, we have helped people, we have in those dire situations. Usually, though, it's better if you if you contact us before it gets dire. Now, Renee, welcome, and you can also call three oh three martine O three oh three six two seven eight four six six. Okay, So, Renee, let me bring Mark back up? Okay, Marks down?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Is that a rolling stone shirt?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 1: Well that at least that's decent. Yeah, it is my monkey's uh sweat, at least is this not the monkeys? Renee? What's going on with you? What's happening? Can we help you?
Speaker 8: So basically I moved into or I'm saying back at the end of February.
Speaker 1: Now, wait, are you there right now? Renee?
Speaker 4: So I bought my way to work?
Speaker 1: Actually know what I mean is are you living there now still? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the name of the place.
Speaker 8: It's the King's Rest Apartment on Old Talks and reech.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: And so basically what's been going on is that ever since I was like when I first met it that he seemed okay. He quoted me at eleven ninety five for my rent, and I said, okay, and so we started, so I started staying there and then and since I was finished, he's basically harassing me and harassing my kids. My guess, threatening my kids, telling my kids that they were going to quote a posturecre that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, why is he bothered?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, you moved in.
Speaker 9: When at the end of February you moved in.
Speaker 1: So let's say you moved in March, right, Uh huh? And you were quoted eleven ninety five for rent? Did he go back on that?
Speaker 8: Basically he puts as a man on my door for wrint in June for twelve ninety five.
Speaker 1: Now why did it go up to twelve ninety five? Have you been so? And why the demand letter? Did you miss a month?
Speaker 8: I never received any type of notice or anything.
Speaker 1: No, Renee, Here's what I want to know. Did you pay the eleven ninety five for March?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes I did.
Speaker 1: Did you pay it for April?
Speaker 10: Yes? I did?
Speaker 1: And May and June and July and August.
Speaker 8: I did not pay anything for June because in June I started having problems with my plumbing.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, hold on, hold on, hold on, So I I just I really need to get this straight. So you paid for March April, May. You did not pay June. Okay? Did you pay July?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Because okay, hold on, did you pay did you pay August? No? And I had a reason why I was, did you pay No, there is no reason. Did you pay September.
Speaker 8: I'm asking you that that's not the way, That's not the way you do it.
Speaker 1: I promise you, Renee, you did it the wrong way, so you didn't pay.
Speaker 10: I mean I did let him know.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yeah, hold on, Renee. I'm trying to help you. I swear to God I'm not. I'm not saying you're a deadbeat. I'm just trying to help you. You did not pay rent for June, July, August, September. Did you pay rent for October?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: Because I because?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you haven't paid rent. You have not paid rent since June?
Speaker 9: Right, yes, okay, now.
Speaker 1: Under the law, hold on, let me just tell you something. You were supposed to take that money if you really want to be pure here, and you were supposed to make the repairs. Did you.
Speaker 8: I was, I was not told I haven't mad it repairs.
Speaker 1: You thought you could just keep the money?
Speaker 8: No, No, I think they suppresed to they trying to get it picked when it was.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something. If you have kept money right now, by my calculations, you should have six thousand dollars waiting to be paid when things get fixed, or you have six thousand you can use to help fix it or what.
Speaker 9: Just what I started?
Speaker 5: I started paying out of my pocket.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what have you? So you've spent the six thousand dollars on.
Speaker 2: What time to get the toilet picked?
Speaker 1: And well? What what? What? Whata? You can get a toilet fixed for six thousand? Did you get it fixed?
Speaker 10: I got it made a.
Speaker 9: Picked out that the manager came and pens.
Speaker 10: The rest of it.
Speaker 1: August Renee, I'm going to be truthful with you because it's not going to help you. If I lie to you, you're going to be evicted. Okay. You owe five nine hundred and seventy five dollars in rent plus late charges.
Speaker 10: Well that's my thing.
Speaker 8: It's like I've never been to court on this, and I literally went to court yesterday and I asked.
Speaker 1: It does wait wait, why were you in court yesterday? Probably for the hearing the court?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait wait were you being evicted? Yeah? She said, he put a notice up a while back. Okay, so what did the judge say yesterday?
Speaker 8: Basically, they never took I wasn't allowed to ask.
Speaker 10: I asked, just.
Speaker 1: Answer the question, what did Renee? If you do you really want help, what you need to do, I swear is listen to us because I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: I have to move.
Speaker 8: I know this, and I find out in today.
Speaker 4: That's all I know.
Speaker 8: Oh that is that she wouldn't take my paperwork of oh my notes that I've written down since.
Speaker 1: I Renee, you have to know this, okay, and I'm telling you this to help you. There is the way you withheld rent was incorrect. It was incorrect. You were in the wrong. You according to the law, you deserve to be evicted. I'm telling you the truth. I'm not It's not that I like it, it's the truth. Now, did you save any Be honest with me. Do you have any of that six thousand dollars saved? No?
Speaker 8: So, I also have two kids, and I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 10: Everything you don't.
Speaker 1: So how were you expecting? Wait? Truly? So you're saying you withheld rent? But but where did the money go.
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 9: Household needs? That I needed.
Speaker 1: Okay, then let me ask you this that this is really important, Renee. It went to household needs. What I need to know is this, what if there was nothing broken in the apartment, would you have been able to pay your rent?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: Then hold on. Then you're not making sense if you would have been able to pay your rent, but you did not pay your rent because there were problems. What I need to know is what part of those problems cost you more money? I need to help you make an argument. You're saying you don't have any of that six thousand dollars because you had to spend extra money because of the problems, which means you didn't have enough to pay rent. What extra money not normal money? What extra money did you spend because of those problems?
Speaker 6: What receipts do you have for things like a plumber or anything?
Speaker 1: Any extra money that you spent. I want to help you. We need to bake break if you want to hang on, Hang on, Renee, Renee, I hope you didn't think that you were just gonna call and get money. We need to know what's going on, and I promise you if you if your rights were violated, we will fight for you. But so far, it sounds like the landlord's rights were violated. Please help me understand your case. More coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All Right, you've got to understand something, and I hope people do when you call in. I want to help you, that's my first goal. But if you've done things that are wrong, we have to correct them or it's too late maybe, but I need to find out. And a lot of people get the impression I'm trying to pick on people, and I'm not. When Renee called and said she was living in an apartment and she had multiple problems, Okay, she was quoted eleven ninety five for rent, and she said, now she got a demand for rent for more than that, and I said, well, tell me this, and she said she had multiple problems and stopped paying rent for June, July, August, September, and October. That's twenty five dollars or something short of six grand. She has withheld six thousand dollars in rent. Now, I'm telling you, even though she did not do it correctly, the judges in Colorado will bend over backwards for people not to be victim anymore. It's a renter state. It's not a landlord state anymore. This is an absolute friendly state. If you can show that you spent that money because of the problems, if you simply spent it because life caught up with you, that is not an excuse not to be evicted. Now. That is a problem, yes, and I feel badly for Renee, but it's not an excuse to stay there now. So what we're asking is a very simple proposition. Do you have receipts that you spent either on bottled water or other things because of the problems, not necessarily even for repairs, But do you have receipts that show that you had to spend an extra six thousand dollars or at least close to that, in order to stay there because of the problems. Do you have any receipts?
Speaker 9: I don't have the recene hand, but they were like of my denicarcial.
Speaker 1: Okay, renee, I okay, hold on, I'll take you out your word right now. So what I'd like to know is what kind You don't have to even prove it to me, but just tell me what kind of things did you spend the money on.
Speaker 9: A lot of it went towards trying to buy like air freshers, because places are really fun, the air fresheners.
Speaker 1: Six thousand bucks in air fresheners. Okay, yours, we're not working?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, the toilet, the toilet, maybe the drains too.
Speaker 1: Now now where did you guys use the toilet? If it didn't work? I was to say there, I was like I didn't want to go anywhere at night, so the place spelled like feces and you had to buy? How much did you spend in air fresheners? Lot, give me an idea of how much you spent.
Speaker 9: Pretty down there, like over a thousand dollars in air freshmer like.
Speaker 6: Air fresher, can I bring us, tom can I circle us back to reality. She was in court the other day, lost and they're figuring out when the sheriff's going to I don't know if any of this matters at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, if she had some plumbing receipts or something, what's she going to open the court case back up?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: No, but I well maybe, I mean I want to know this. You you're telling me, Renee that because of these problems you had to spend six thousand dollars to stay there. Yeah, buster her as hernee. I'm going to tell you something. Listen to me. I promise you. We can't help you because your argument will not stand up. You're you're going to be a victims.
Speaker 9: And I asked them for an attorney. I asked them for so I may be a gay counsel. I would deny that by they done.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't give you counsel unless you're accused of a crime. Yeah, that's for crime. Where did you get the impression that you get a free attorney.
Speaker 8: Counsel? I asked, I want to see.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you can seek counsel, but the time to.
Speaker 9: For a continuance I.
Speaker 1: Do that before. But okay, but when you got okay, when is the eviction do you hold on? Do you know when the eviction is? Renee?
Speaker 12: Oh, I don't know anything.
Speaker 9: And they told me.
Speaker 10: They basically told me like this.
Speaker 1: I think that's the truest statement she's made. Was this your first hearing, Renee? Yes, it was okay.
Speaker 9: But as a manager, when in our lives?
Speaker 1: How did he lie?
Speaker 8: Did he tried to say that?
Speaker 1: That's about that?
Speaker 9: I had playing that, Renee.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you what your biggest problem was. You did not pay rent.
Speaker 9: I know I did wrong, but I got I was in the right one. I start with holding rents part of Colorado. I may withhold rent in my head, and I.
Speaker 1: Did might not a very certain way. Not true. Not true, Renee, Not true. Okay, here's what it is. You have to first write to the landlord or notify the landlord in writing, email or something. Hold on. You have to let it wait. You have to let them know about the problem. See the problem, Renee is you think you know everything and you know nothing. So let me tell you what you did wrong so it doesn't happen again. You write to the landlord and say the plumbing is inoperable. I need it fixed within a reasonable amount of time, or I will withhold rent. And when you withhold rent, that money is not it is to be used to fix the problem. That's what the money is used for. You know, people, it's too far gone, Renee. It breaks my heart. It's too far gone. Okay. It doesn't make me happy that somebody calls me and I tell them how wrong they were. But I'm hoping and I'm praying that there are people out there listening that won't make the same mistake. But I don't know what we can do to help you. Right now, your rights have not been violated. But here's the problem, Renee. You're going to think you're You're gonna think your rights were violated. You're gonna continue to think that you're gonna continue to think that the landlord is the fault and nothing's gonna happen. You're gonna I don't know what to say, but you need, truly need to find another place to live. It's too bad. You maybe should have kept that money. Here's what you should have done. Kept that money to move somewhere else, and then you should have then used that money now to get to another place. But right now, you've withheld about six thousand dollars in rent. You want us to believe you bought air fresheners and other things that you had to do, and you blew through six thousand dollars. The truth, Renee, is you don't have enough to pay your expenses. You need to maybe get someone to live with or have someone help share the rent. I don't know what else to tell you. I feel so bad for you and your children, but there's nothing we can do for you. If anyone has has an idea for her, let us know. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five. We have just gone through a situation here. I'm telling people. Do not fall for this situation. Do not ever with hold rent thinking you're gonna get away with it. And if you do withhold rent because you don't like the place, at least put the money somewhere so you can get another place. Frank Ran, the real estate man, will do market valuation of your home to tell you what it will sell war based on all market conditions. You can trust Frank. He is honest, he is forthright. He will do buying and selling for you if you want. But no obligation to find out what your house will sell war based on his thirty years of experience. Three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your trum shooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Uh, let's talk to Joe an issue with a plumbing contractor. Joe, what's going on with you? Hello, Joe take out speaker, Yes, sir, I appreciate that. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Joe speaker? Well, have to start with I'm a small plumber myself. I have a small account. Open a front of mine on Facebook. He's moved back to the state of Colorado. He's like, hey, guys, is there anybody who can help me? I have a project going on and I don't have an account yet. I'd like to buy this at wholesale. I've been pining for years. I said, absolutely, set it up. He charged fifty five hundred to my account. He had said, Hey, this will be cash. When Bill comes in, I'll pay you cash.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it was with a wholesale plumbing house.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, we purchased through a wholesale plumbing house under my account.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Bill came in and this whole time he had lost his phone and so we were using Facebook Messenger. He has yet to give me his new phone number. But anyway, I sent in the bill and he's like, hey, how.
Speaker 1: Do you know this guy?
Speaker 4: By the way, we've worked together over the years Tom at different plumbing houses.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean this is a.
Speaker 4: Guy I would have. Well, I laid it fifty five hundred bucks. You know, it's a good friend, I thought. Anyway, he said, hey, Joe, you have to invoice.
Speaker 1: My How long ago did you do this?
Speaker 4: Just last month?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: He purchased his stuff in September and when the bill came to early October. He told me, Hey, you have to invoice my partner. So I invoiced his partner and he's like, well, this is between you and Tim. I'm not getting in the middle of this. I'm like, well, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a minute, he said, come on, he said, cash your partners.
Speaker 1: Do you know where the materials were used?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did, and in fact I have just put a lien on the house. Well, I just sent them my intent to lean good return questions, got it all.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you some tricky stuff here. Okay, Joe, absolutely, I'm the homeowner is going to claim that there were no materials delivered to the home, and the plumbers are going to probably try to say that if they want to screw you, your argument's going to be that they delivered those to the house.
Speaker 4: That they the contractors. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In other words, the materials have to go to the address for it to be leanable. But they did go to the They actually did go to the address. Let me explain something to you. Had they paid for them at the plumbing house directly and picked them up and brought them to the house, that would have been different. But the fact that you paid for them. Now you have proof you paid, but now you need proof that they took them to the house, and they did so they were delivered to the house. Your argument is going to be that that plumber act acted as both a delivery man and a plumber. Okay, I mean that's important. I don't know if they're going to be smart enough, since they're idiot, liar, cheater ripoffs. I don't know if they're going to be smart enough to pick that up or the homeowner, but I would go ahead. And I don't want to make the homeowner pay obviously, but I think they can lean on the contractor.
Speaker 4: And in fact, when I sent my intent to laying and I included a letter that said, hey, I really had no attention.
Speaker 2: The ever to you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, you should have never done that. You should have never done that. Oh because you see now you're not a supplier. You're going to look like a co conspirator. You really shouldn't have done that. What you should have said was I supplied the materials for your job and have not been paid period.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope you didn't ruin your case. Have you heard from them since.
Speaker 4: Them the owner or them the contractor that the homeowner. Uh no, I have not. I just got my return cheat back yesterday. I have not heard back.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long ago were you there?
Speaker 6: He wasn't there, Mark, Fine, how long ago did your products show up there?
Speaker 3: No, it's not when.
Speaker 1: The product showed up. Is when work ended?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's also when delivery of products. In fact, the delivery of products I think is four months compared to two.
Speaker 4: I don't have it right, but I want to.
Speaker 1: Where are you getting that? Because if you were, if you're getting it somewhere, I was never aware of that. So where are you getting to help me? Yeah, well help me learn.
Speaker 6: Well, it's just it's just something we've talked about numerous times.
Speaker 1: But I always thought it was four months by the time the job is complete.
Speaker 6: Two months from the time it's completed, or within four months if there's materials supprise supplied.
Speaker 1: Okay, so four months from the time the job is completed is what we said, right? Well?
Speaker 6: Four months? No, no, No, four months if materials. If it's someone like this guy going after him, he has four months.
Speaker 1: If it's a contractor, does he have Mark, I'm asking, does he have four months from the time the job is completed, or four months from the time the materials are.
Speaker 6: Delivered from when the materials are delivered. You're reading that in a law somewhere. I'll pull it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I'm Mark. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want to be absolutely sure when we're because I never knew that, so I would love to know that. Three oh three seven one three talk. Hang on, man, we got to take a break. Three oh three seven three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Martino here. You're a troubleshooter. Listen. No matter what I think, Joe, You're on the right track. Put up a lean. Uh, that's all you can do. Is this guy just gonna cheat you, just outright cheat you. I mean, we don't mind calling him, we don't mind exposing him. Because if he'll cheat his buddy, he'll cheat customers. That's the way I look at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd love for you to call the guy, but I do have one other question for you. They totally have my full payment, which is set the fifty five hundred. Well, I drove off to Parker where they live, and the check name came, now you get grand and it said part payment. I'm like, well, at this point, I'll take anything. When I took it to my bank, it's one of those temporary checks with nothing hardly printed on it, and my bank said, I'm sorry, we can't take it, but if you'll take it to his bank, they can convert it to a cashier's check. Long story short. To his bank, they said it's insufficient funds.
Speaker 6: Well that's good, that's trouble damages. That's called a bad check.
Speaker 1: Man. Now you consume him for that bad check. How much was the check?
Speaker 4: Three grand?
Speaker 1: Okay, so now you should get nine?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Man, this guy is you do it? What you should do it?
Speaker 6: Is in small claims court and only ask for the seventy five hundred so you can keep it in small claims court.
Speaker 1: Okay, is the worst thing they did.
Speaker 7: I have a question for Joe.
Speaker 13: Yes, this is bo what plumbing wholesaler did you use that you allow your friend to use?
Speaker 4: I allowed him to use my account with ramparts supplying.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well wait, that's perfect.
Speaker 6: It is your account, then it doesn't matter who paid for it. It's under your account.
Speaker 4: You never got paid correct, and in fact, I had to pay rampart to keep my account status good.
Speaker 13: So Joe, I have something important to tell you. You need to go down to Rampart and make sure this individual doesn't use your account.
Speaker 1: You need to go in and diet.
Speaker 4: And I went back to them already and cut him off.
Speaker 13: You might try the other wholesalers too, like Ferguson and the others, to make sure he doesn't try.
Speaker 4: To use it. The only account I have opened because I just don't do that much plumbing anymore. It's sixty five. It's friends and family and backflow prementers that I test and repair her. So you know it's it's not I knew.
Speaker 1: I knew your voice.
Speaker 6: You called in before when they changed that rule on backflow, didn't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: That was that was a while back. That might have been last election cycle.
Speaker 4: Well, you know it came into it came into play here earlier this year because of state kind of nobody understood that when they made it be licensed plumbers could test back glocer printers.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: They forgot to tell the CDPH and E that they were changing the law, and most of the people that test back glocer preners were not licensed plumbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember. It was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow tell well, thanks guys. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: He Joe, thank you very much. Excuse me, Joe, I mean, okay, we appreciate you, and I'm sorry this happened. We will call the guy. Hold on, all right, I want to put somebody on this. I'll do it. Tom, all right, good loky Bo. That's great.
Speaker 8: Bo.
Speaker 1: Bo's going to take this trail three seven one, three eight, two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped of.
Speaker 3: News need advice, so you don't have come. You'll come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. We've had some uh weird calls today. I mean, look, here's the deal, all right, Uh, if you call, we really want to help. We help anyway we can. So what is going on? We have our car people up and it is car Friday. It's a terrible day for cars. But here's the thing. The roads are treacherous. If your home stay home. Listen to the show. If you want, you can stream the show on YouTube. Go to Troubleshooter Network and let me talk to let me talk to my peeps. What you'll see if you are streaming the show. We got Mark and we got the studio both up. Mark's at his home in Franktown. Mark. Over the last few days, what would you say you've gotten when it comes to you know, when it comes to total accumulation. Oh man, we're.
Speaker 6: Probably i'd say probably eighteen to twenty four, but we're going to get another close to fifteen by this time tomorrow. Hey, have you been watching like the TikTok stuff for these these little woosy liberals breaking down and crying and I can't have an abortion now.
Speaker 1: And I've never seen anything like you. First, of all, most states or every state that had it on the back except for Florida, they made a part of their constitution, including Colorado. Yeah, I mean it is you know what it is, the state's rights.
Speaker 6: And if that's how the people in the state vote, that's how it should be.
Speaker 1: And they're supposed to be a march on Washington by women.
Speaker 6: Oh I remember that they called it the pussy March. Remember now that was back. This is a that was twenty sixteen. It was like like a million man march, but it was women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this year, they're going to have another one after the inauguration because they believe that they were losing their rights. Here's what's amazing to me. Before the man even steps into the office, they're assuming what's going to happen. It's crazy, you know what.
Speaker 6: I can't wait when he finally someone has the balls to dismantle the National Teachers Union crap and put that back into the States rights. We need to get back to, you know, real education, not this fake education where there's tampons in the boys bathroom is more important than American history. I mean, it's the most insane thing I've ever seen, and thank God, I truly believe Trump will fix that.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about this. This is a text you can text me seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty. That's my private Google number that goes to my cell phone seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty, or the short code at iHeart, which is five seven seven thirty nine. Since we share that, put my name on there. Okay, so here's a text on both of those. I think it's the same guy. And he says, if I sell my car to a private party, am I at any liability if the buyer fails to register the car and does not purchase insurance and has an accident. No, I'm just gonna say right there, how do you have a bill? You have a bill of sale? You do not have to give your license plate to them. Don't ever leave your license plate on the car. That could muddy things up. Agree to explain something about this In Colorado, if you have a bill of sale, I believe you have ten days to get a license plate at DMV. I think it's automatic. Ten days and you just have to carry the bill of sale. You don't have to have a tempt tag right away. Now, is there anything I can write in the contract or bill of sale that will protect myself? Well? Yeah, you have the date of transfer and you can put wording in there if you want that. You know you there's two words that are more important than anything else than that. What is that? As is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's important? And where is as is? And where is Okay? Tom? Look up? What oh oh oh? Movement four B on TikTok Have you heard about it? Mark? Now, what is it okay? Well, women who are It depends on what version you listen to. But what they're saying is women who disagree with their husbands on political things we call that work out and because because Trump.
Speaker 14: Will abortionark argument there.
Speaker 1: If they're blaming their husbands, they're taping up their uh who who's careful and they're uh and they're not having sex with their husband.
Speaker 6: I would assume those women that are doing that, those husbands don't want to have sex with them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so mean. Mark anyway, three O three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. So let's talk about cars, guys. I think it's easy to say. I mean, we've been over a million times cars and cold weather, and we've been over cars in hot weather, and I think actually there's a lot of things in common. Don't you believe that we all have to be mindful of the same things. I mean, heat has more of a toll on a car, But don't you believe that we have to be mindful of the same things. For example, I don't know why that keeps going back. Okay, for example, don't we have to be mindful of the belts, the hoses.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: The coolant I mean colder will hot, right, it's still overheat just because it's cold at it can still overheat. Sure we also okay, so so cool it well and coolant right right right? But coolan also when done properly with the thermostat, will keep the car at good operating tempts, meaning it'll heat up. Right, It'll both heat up and cool off at the right time, isn't that right? Yep? So you want the heating, cooling and thermostat system. You need that in the winter and summer, you need of course, you know, belts and hoses. Obviously a wires uh kuel delivery. I mean obviously it's all the same stuff, and it becomes more critical in extreme hot and extreme cold for obvious reasons. Sure, I'll tell you one.
Speaker 6: I've screwed up on guys numerous times over the years, especially going up to the mountains in the winter to ski resorts and stuff. I'll forget to put better windshield washer fluid in then all of a sudden it's frozen solid and it does not work.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, what do you mean better? You mean, like the stuff.
Speaker 14: Washer fluids in it and it's got a lower freezing point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but most to like ten degrees.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you got to watch the temperature on them, they are rated.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the stuff that you know before Biden that used to be ninety nine cents a Walmart was only good to about ten degrees. You go up to the Breckenridge or hell, you go to Castle Rock in the middle of the winter and frozen.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: Someone someone texted me and wanted to know why are they overheating in this weather going up the mountain that happened to them the other day.
Speaker 7: Well, if the thermostat sticks, you have no circulation, or if your friend's not coming on, it's not coming on, or your low one coolingt I mean a lot of the same same reasons. When it's hot, you know, it doesn't change just because it's cold out now.
Speaker 10: I actually had a very good Kelly could Cherra question this morning for the boys?
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead, Well the boys know would I asked them? Oh, that was about whether not do you have to have Hondi tires for a.
Speaker 14: Hondai if brick pads are important?
Speaker 1: No, she didn't ask that, Yes she did. I did break pads.
Speaker 7: It's even a good one for Kelly only if you want to stop.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what Kevin told me. So, But Kelly, were you kidding? I didn't put Kelly pads on my daughters. I'm unfortunately she was not kidding. Though, Do I remember one time when those parts?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 1: They still? And dude, they still have a drum? Brakes on cars? Very few and being actual manufactured now though.
Speaker 7: Yes, the rears on some cars still but very very real.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about how cumbersome those are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of guys don't remember how to do them. They don't do them regularly.
Speaker 1: And for those listening, what we're talking about is, uh, it's a round cylinder and the and the pads are on the inside of that. It's just a weird design. In fact, if you think about it, it's way more complicated than disc brakes. Disc brakes are more like bicycles exactly. They I like how the Tesla the disc what's that? I like how my Tesla breaks it basically.
Speaker 6: Does almost all of it for me, unless if it's you know, an emergency stop right, Uh, Tesla.
Speaker 1: Breaks with the engine when you pull off the accelerator. My son you know that I had to get used to that because he he really bugged me when he wanted you know, when I drove it, when he let me drive it really does work. And pads.
Speaker 6: I bet his brake pads last him. And he's a newer driver, I bet they last him. Literally, he'll never.
Speaker 1: Change in my bad. They say one hundred thousand miles minimum if you do it right, if you depend on the end.
Speaker 6: So here's the thing that I do in that stupid Tesla that drives me in saying, I'll hop into our other car, the Genesis or the Santa Fe, and we'll pull up to wherever Walmart restaurant. I won't turn the damn thing off. I'm so used to it, just doing everything. I'll forget to lock the door, I'll forget to turn it off, and then I end up walking back out to the stupid car.
Speaker 1: Huh Okay, we're gonna go to a break. But here's what I want to do. I want to put up a slide that I made I posted and now I didn't post the lettering with it, but I just posted the picture. But however, I added lettering for my YouTube crowd. What isn't I'm going to transition to that shot right now. I want to know what people think of it. It's just a brainchild. After looking at Colorado, you'll see it's coming up on our red blue. No, no, you'll say three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now we're gonna be talking about cars, but we'll talk about anything you want to talk about. Just simply give us a call and we'll be happy to uh answer your questions on anything, problems, question or complaints. Now remember eight eight eight heating dot com. We'll do your deep clean for forty five bucks. That's eight eight eight heating dot Com. And if you're thinking about replacing that old furnace you've had it, if it's fifteen or twenty, especially if it's over twenty years, they're doing high efficiency units that'll save you money every single month. Eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here at three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So welcome. Let's uh talk to you about your problems, question complaints. Then I also have some texts apparently, uh, texting is pretty popular for some reason today. Okay, so is it a myth that in a pickup truck you should put weight in the bed gentlemen.
Speaker 14: A lot of that's going to depend on the driver, but yeah, you're significantly lighter in the back end of that truck, so adding weight can definitely give you better traction.
Speaker 1: I thought that they improved him over the years with the distribution with.
Speaker 14: Some kind of them, a lot of them. You've got you know, all wheel drive capability and whatnot sort of stuff fact control, so it helps. But uh, yeah, a little bit of weight back there, it can make a big difference, you know. But it's also just as important, particularly.
Speaker 1: Not in a car, then in a car that's silly because if you don't have your drive, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 14: Most of them are front wheel drive, were approved quite frankly in Colorado. You know all wheel drive. Just about everything comes with an all wheel drive option.
Speaker 1: Now here's the other one. Is it normal for my mortgage company to not issue any equity loans while I have an active roof claim? Absolutely? Here's why your equity, your your value is based on a perfect home. That's why some mortgage companies require you to fix everything and sometimes the check is sent to both of you because you agree to keep the collateral in perfect condition or in you know, not to detract from the value. So if you take out a he lock a second deed of trust, they are depending on the house to be worth every bit of it and they don't want you extracting any cash from it and lessening soap the equity because people can do that. So theoretically, if there's ever a foreclosure and the first takes it and the second has to take it from the first, they don't want to have to spend extra money on a roof. It's that simple.
Speaker 6: I think it all comes down to the equity position. Though, if you've got a million dollar house and own fifty grand on it and have good credit. They're going to lend you without even blinking, even though you need a roof. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe, but I mean, you know, right now though it's not uncommon not to want any outstanding insurance claims. So a roof for right now is fighting with State farm and they only want to pay thirty eight hundre. Now that's a whole separate issue. What you need to do is enter the appraisal process.
Speaker 6: Possibly wait wait wait, they might only have ACV or something tom that might not have anything to do with anything but their policy.
Speaker 1: That's true. You know what, maybe you should call you know who you are, seven one nine. I won't give your number out. Think about that though. You know how many people are your roof? Yeah, the four numbers end with the last four numbers end with fifty nine. If you just texted me, call the show, because really we need to examine your policy. What Mark's saying is true many policies, and they did it in a sneaky way. They sent you an amendment that said your policy is now going to ACV or it was upon renewal and ACV means actual cash value, so at the time of your loss, it doesn't matter what replacement is. They give you actual cash value. Theoretically, all other insurance is ACV. Really it is. I mean, we gotten used to replacement when it comes to homes and when it comes to replacing something in the home like carpeting in a water damage claim possibly or anything inside the house. But that's the only place you're going to find replacement value with a car, it's ACV. You know. You save so much though on the ACV.
Speaker 6: To give you an idea, you know, I was looking at twelve thousand a year for like a two thousand dollars deductible on the perils of hail and wind. But if I went to I think it was fifth or I'm sorry, if I went down to seven or eight grand a year, my deductible is fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: On my roof.
Speaker 6: But to me, that was that that's a no brainer. I've got a good roof, I'm not worried about it, so I'll save the money, you know, throughout the year.
Speaker 1: You know, the real crisis in all of this is coming with with the townhomes and condos are becaushuh. People don't want to pay more on ho a's and I understand that. So as a result, they will be faced many times with assessments upon a loss of a total roof of the some of the townhomes are now going to you buy your own coverage for the area above your townhome. Condos can't do that. Okay, here's something else. What website is best to list a vehicle for sale by owner? Are there any better? Well? Craigslist is the worst. Facebook marketplace, these are the worst. Next door, They're all the worst. I mean, because there's too many scammers. I would say cars dot com. Now, if you're I don't like cars dot com. I love cars dot com. If you are sophisticated, if you know the scams you get, you can do Craigslist and Facebook and all that and not get scammed.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The problem I have with cars and I've spent money, like one hundred bucks to list them.
Speaker 1: The dealers.
Speaker 6: If you're a dealer, you get preferential treatment because you spend so much money. So the individual trying to sell one car, even if it's better priced, better everything, it could be page seven.
Speaker 1: Because the dealers spend so much money with them, they get all the spots.
Speaker 14: I don't know why you just wouldn't take the hassle out of it and take it over to Rod. I mean he does everything for you for a flat rate price. Yeah, he does all the footwork for you. He finds a buyer in the meantime you're at home and joined a beer watching the.
Speaker 1: Broncos, And he can actually get it finance too.
Speaker 6: So therefore you open up to a lot more buyers and take trades.
Speaker 1: You know, Mark, whatever happened to Blinker, I mean that used to be said.
Speaker 6: They were bought same kind of thing. As we were just talking about cars dot com. Blinker was a website you can go to sell your own car. They would make money on the financing. It was basically like a bank. I mean it was a group of investors.
Speaker 1: But not only that, Mark, not only that, they would even facilitate trade. No, no, no, they did everything.
Speaker 6: They did everything, and it was virtually almost free because they would make their money selling either insurance.
Speaker 1: Like a dealership did. It was basically free to the guy selling the car. But here's what they did.
Speaker 6: The dealerships, the big ones out there like Autoonation couldn't stand what was going on. They saw things changing, they bought them. Now it's purely for that. Now it's for dealers.
Speaker 1: You know. And what it really did was it turned the consumer into a virtual dealer by giving them the power of financing, by giving them the power of taking trades when they actually didn't take a trade. But it was all facilitated through the website. And I think it was a great idea. Three h three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five one clear Choice Garage Doors will help you with your garage door, whether it's not going up and down properly, or you want to adjust the opener or get a brand new opener, or you have a f a panel in the door that needs replacing. Listen, these companies come and go. A lot of them are being bought up by these big giant equity firms. You need one clear Choice Doors dot Com twenty four to seven service and they're great people. Seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven one clear Choice Doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, I had an oil change recently, says the texter at Larry Miller. I have a VW. It's a well a eurovan. Is that a VW two thousand and three eurovan? Anyway? Uh, they overfilled it by one court. I went back after two hundred miles when I discovered it, and they drained it. Are some of it to make it the proper level? Will it do any damage to the vehicle?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 7: Whatsoever?
Speaker 2: Not a court?
Speaker 1: But overflowing in general? Can it be a problem severely overfilling?
Speaker 7: You know we've had cars come in with ten or twelve courts over Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, why tell me what it does? Does it froth or something?
Speaker 7: No, it just fills in. I mean it's got to have some air. It's got to you know, you start getting oil higher than everything.
Speaker 14: Else, you can just up the compression chamber and you can actually have what's called a hydrostatic lock. Well, it can actually destroy an engine.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Okay, probably not, they say.
Speaker 7: Definitely not.
Speaker 1: Oh death, not on a cord.
Speaker 7: No, wouldn't even a gun back and drained.
Speaker 1: It with only one cord. Okay. Now somebody wants to know, then how do they know if they have an interference engine or not? And by the way, the reason people ask this is because a timing belt or a timing chain, if it breaks and you have an interference engine, it can do severe engine damage. If you have a non interference engine, they the components won't slam into each other if the timing breaks, and you can get a new belt chain put on it and you won't have damage.
Speaker 7: How do you know any anymore? You just assume you do because most of them are ye.
Speaker 1: Really, why are most of them interference?
Speaker 7: Just zero clearance? They get better compression smaller engines. I mean, that's that's the whole Okay.
Speaker 1: So the bigger ones used to have the where it would just freewheel exactly. Okay. Now, as far as Mark goes, Mark keeps talking about leaving it up to the states to determine women reproduction rights. I believe they had amendments first of.
Speaker 6: All, eleven states. Whatever more on that is. First of all, Mark didn't decide anything. It's called the Supreme Court dummy. The Supreme Court decided that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, what he is saying is his theory. I'm just gonna sum it up. He believes they did it in amendments as opposed to laws, rather than just codify it. They did it in amendments because they needed to have a supermajority. Governor DeSantis did this on purpose. In other words, they put it in an amendment as opposed to a law.
Speaker 6: Look to people of Florida will decide what to people of Florida understand.
Speaker 1: Do you understand what he needs to put it? There's a higher majority needed, okay. In other words, well, just like just like at the federal level, to change the constitution, you need two thirds.
Speaker 6: Some states are sixty percent, some might be fifty five percent. We had an amendment here in Colorado, nothing to do with abortion, that I think needed fifty five percent and it didn't pass a school choice the school choice. Yeah, so I mean, listen, is this the same moron that was telling me last week? How what's your face? I even forget her face? Our name was going to win and sweep and Trump was going to be gone. Is that the same moron?
Speaker 1: Just curious? Yes? Okay, Hey, do I need I don't even know what this means on this text? Do I need electrical grease for my coils when changing spark plugs? What does he mean by that?
Speaker 7: I mean there's talk it is dielectric grease that you put in the end or on top of the coil connector when you plug it in. It keeps moisture out.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, oh the oh you're talking about the top of the spark plug. Okay, that that's not a bad idea, is it's?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. And as far as the spark plugs themselves, now, I have always put an anti seas around the truth.
Speaker 7: Absolutely. Yeah, you'd be dangerous if you don't, because the illuminum heads will stick.
Speaker 1: Him an anti sees Is it a grease?
Speaker 14: It actually has little to no lubricating qualities, So but it doesn't it doesn't dry up.
Speaker 1: It has some metal particles. It looks like in it almost. But anyway you screw you put those on the threads. You coat the threads a little bit with anti seas you put you screw it in, you torque it, make sure you tork it, don't just put it in. I mean every you know, torques are so important. People just I can't believe how many people do things without torque values, which are basically the amount of pressure you use. And then, as Kevin said, there's a dielectric grease you can put in the on the top where it sits down on the spark plug. And then okay, so that's it for texting, right there, Get so people, as you know I am reading him, so get more in. You can text me at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty, and of course you can always call us for goodness sakes as but the text is seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty or the short code on iHeart is five seven seven three nine. Okay. Oh, someone wants to know about autotrader. Mark said he doesn't like cars dot com. What about auto Trader. I've used auto trader before. It works, And Tom, you made a perfectly good. I'd never if you know what you're doing.
Speaker 6: When it comes to Craiglist, I've never used Facebook marketplace, but if you're selling a car, it's very cheap to do if you do the ad right and you're not trying to rip someone off, of course, and if you're the buyer on Craigslist, you understand to meet at a bank, make sure you get proper payment to have the title, all that stuff. Craigslist works fine, but the problem is a lot of people simply get ripped off. So I don't suggest Craigslist either unless you know what you're doing. But it's pretty hard to compete against dealers out there. Man, it's crazy. I said this before. Go to cars dot com right now, pick out any used car. Just pick one out.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna hit used again.
Speaker 6: The first ten pages are all dealers, and I don't care if your vehicle's priced better than the dealers. They do that on purpose because ninety five percent of their income is dealers.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right. I just in fact, I don't see any private owners on.
Speaker 6: So if you go to page like ninety eight, so I paid the last time I tried cars dot com, I should have known because the first time I did it, Oh my god, I'm I paid one hundred and fifty bucks for the Mac Daddy, the Primo, the best listing ever.
Speaker 1: But I'm still after all the dealers.
Speaker 6: Even if my car is priced way lower than the exact same car with less mileage, I mean, just better altogether, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You will come after the dealers.
Speaker 6: Hmmm, very interesting. But who would you put first if that was your business model?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, I don't blame them, yeah, yeah, no, no, you want to cater to the people that are paying the bills, right for sure. Okay, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three A two five five. Hey genesistotalexteriors dot com. Now right now, you may not be thinking about the outside of your house, but you know it's interesting to note they do inside remodeling as well as the weather turns bad. Genesistotalexteriors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. It is nice no crying of being cheated like the idiot did four years ago. And guess who Monty? What did he say this time? It is nice that there's no crying about being cheated like the idiot did four years.
Speaker 6: Well, that's why Trump said for the past what four months too big to rig And that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 1: That there's nothing they could argue besides everybody. Hey, by the way, uh so I did have a I did have a shot of a bobblehead that franked around the real estate man has Did you guys think that was good? And by the way, you people, even if you listen to radio, you should turn on YouTube now and then or downloaded. And here I want to play something that I think is from the Attorney general in uh California. Listen hold on words. Okay, there it goes.
Speaker 7: Hold on orned of a second Trump term.
Speaker 15: You can be sure that, as California Attorney general, if Trump attacks your rights, I'll be there. If Trump comes after your freedoms, I'll be there. If Trump jeopardizes your safety and your well being, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, However, if you're robbed, raped, shoplifted, car stolen, or taking the building there, however, if Trump comes after you, I'll be there. All other crime have at it. We only want to go after one criminal, Donald Trump. You know, here's what I don't understand. The man's not in office. What does he mean when Trump comes after you, I'll be there. What does that mean? You know what a way to get people fired up before he even steps into office. For God's sakes, it's amazing to me. Now you know who he's talking to. I'll tell you who he's talking to. Who do you think he's talking to. He's talking to probably a newsome. No undocumented undocumented immigrants, that's what he's talking to. If they's a good news is. You know that Gastong is voted out. His ass is going. He had to be the most rule one out there. He was like oh he was a da that like, oh you could oh oh oh oh you could beat people up and he'd cut you free. Now there was a oh, man, I'll tell you so. So there was a funny one with listen to what Illinois governor said, if you come for my people, all you have to come through me. Now, the Illinois governor said that his name is JB. Pritzker. Okay, and the comments he got on social media, they can't go through you. You're a fat pig. Now here's another one. We don't have to go through you. All we have to do is toss a donut your way. I I don't see. I don't agree with calling people well I'm reading social media, you know, I don't agree with there. But what he said, what did he mean if you for my people? What? Now? What does all this mean? Well, why are these Democrat governors and mayors and people saying and attorneys general that if you go for my people, read the donuts trying to take my rights?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: Who was the donut? Other thing common? So anyway, however, however, it's there was another one saying that he's going to target political enemies with the Justice Department. Keeez where'd they ever get that idea? I mean, why would he do that? No one does that. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven one help. You'll think you're his own customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rip new need that so you.
Speaker 4: Don't have.
Speaker 1: Runing sus fast as we can't.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five and welcome one and all to Car Friday. It's a it's a frozen car Friday.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We got it's amazing. We had summer right up until winter.
Speaker 6: It was eight what was it like eighty degrees less than three weeks ago, maybe two weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I know, I know it, I know it. So anyway, what's on your mind today? How can we help you a lot of people have chosen to text today, so feel free to do that. Now we have two ways to text me. You can go to my private Google line that comes to my cell phone and that's five seven seven three nine. Excuse me, I'm sorry the Google that's that's the short code for iHeart five seven seven three nine. Now you can send the Google one at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and welcome. So what's going on? Sam says there's a possible scam going on? Maybe let's talk to Sam. Oh he's gone. I'm sorry, Sam, you didn't hang on three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So the age old question we have, and another one came up again is what do you do when you want to sell a car price leannule money they're really or you're buying a car from someone who owes money. There's really no easy way to do it. Oh my goodness, you could end up in very, very big trouble if you do it the wrong way. One thing that this guy says is that I think it's a guy. I'm not actually sure of that. But if you decide, here's what they said, if you decide to buy a car, this is what the guy wants him to do. He wants to buy a car. And they're saying, you pay me, I'll pay off the car, and then i'll give you the title. Now what do you think about that? So you're paying, you're paying the guy, you're taking the car, you have a bill of sale, but you have no title. Be insanity. Absolutely, There's so many things that can go wrong with that. So many things wrong. Now, someone else said, Tom, you mentioned never to leave your plate on the car, and I'd like to know why. Okay. And one of the problems is and the noise you heard was somebody coming into the room. I had to mute that. Sorry about that anyway. The one thing is if you buy a car and they said, why, Tom, did you say it's bad to leave your plate on it? Well, okay, tolls for one thing. That could be one. Another thing could be it could be reported as a crime or something like that. Now, technically, technically you're still you still have a bill of sale, you still know that you sold it. But I don't see any reason you would leave a plate on a car.
Speaker 6: Most people are going to have credit left on that plate anyhow, so you'd be not not to use those again. And in Colorado you can drive a vehicle without a license plate for from thirty six hours of the sale. So it's not like you're going to get in any trouble for not having a plate if you happen to be the buyer.
Speaker 1: Exactly three oh three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five, do not leave a plate on a car. It's just bad news. Also, you don't need a plate. We don't need a temporary tag when you buy a car from in a private transaction, you just need to tell a sale.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you the biggest thing in Colorado letting someone use your plate for a little bit, even if they say we're going to mail him back.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm going to say?
Speaker 2: Tom?
Speaker 1: No, what is it? It's freaking ceee four seventy in tolls? How many? Oh yeah I mentioned tolls. Yeah, you're right, thousands of dollars in.
Speaker 7: Tolls, and your plates can be expired and they'll still send you a bill. So, friend, three years old, the plate's expired three years ago. It's crazy they got a five hundred dollar bill for tolls because they left the plate on the car.
Speaker 1: All right, So in any case, if you have any car questions, give us a call, or any problems, give us a call. I want to go more to text right here, and again, I don't know why people are texting. They're definitely not driving and texting in this weather. But let me go to Okay, this is our our short code texting. All right. I have a car that runs fine until it gets warmed up and then starts hesitating off the line, that stops signs and traffic lights. But if I do it cold, it's fine, but after several miles it starts acting up. What would that be?
Speaker 7: I would start basic and check fuel pressure, fuel filter, things like that.
Speaker 1: But why when the car heats up?
Speaker 7: It just the resistance in the pump heats up when the as you're dry, and it'll start failing. Okay, first that first glance, I mean, that's what I would start with.
Speaker 1: Someone else wants to know why they smell the smell of anti freeze inside the car.
Speaker 14: That's usually going to be a heater core. So sometimes you can get it from outside, but the heater core is actually inside the cabin of the vehicle. So when they start to go bad, it may not be leaking enough where you were actually seeing ana freeze coming out on your floorboards yet, but a little littlely steam and start to falk up inside a car.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's in where is that heater core?
Speaker 7: Most of them.
Speaker 14: Been between the firewall and the dash right behind your club.
Speaker 1: You usually have to take half a bigger than a bread box.
Speaker 7: No, no, not usually foot by a foot. Maybe they're pretty small.
Speaker 1: And is that what air blows over to make heat.
Speaker 14: It's just like a small radiator, but it's inside the cabin of the vehicle, and so you're dissipating the heat off of that into the cabin.
Speaker 1: Okay, Paul, welcome to the show. You have a question on Will's what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was wondering.
Speaker 5: You know, when a person has a will or a trust or like like a beneficiary dead on their home. Uh, and all the beneficiaries on their die and when the person that you know has the will dies, then who would who would?
Speaker 1: Okay? The way that the way that works is this, anything left to someone, anything at all, left to someone who is deceased, it goes to their estate.
Speaker 5: Okay, but what if all the beneficiaries in there are day who you do.
Speaker 6: Well, then then it follows it follows like what time, like the brothers or first well, okay, the nephews.
Speaker 1: And there's a line of what Marcus talking about is the line line exactly? And what happens is if if if if You're usually there are contingencies. But let's say there's no asshole, So Paul, let's say you leave it to three people equally.
Speaker 2: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: And then all three die? Yes, that's what I'm okay, Okay, here's what would happen. So if you leave it to three people and all three people die and then you die, the people that you left it to who are deceased, their estates would inherit it when you die their estates.
Speaker 5: Okay, because I thought somebody told me it would go to their to their like brothers, and or it would.
Speaker 1: Go to their estate. Now it depends on who is in their estate. If they left everything in their estate to their son, it would go to their son. If they left it to a charity, it would go to a charity. It would it would, it would follow their estate. Now, in some cases, I don't know if that expose because let's say they died a while ago. That would be a good question for one of our attorneys. So let's see if we can you know what that is a good question. Let's talk to Dan McKenzie if we can, or we'll get keel and park. Now, Paul, do you know of a situation like this? Is that why you're asking?
Speaker 5: No, I was just wondering because I'm the youngest in my family, so I figured I'd probably be the last one to go and they'll already all be dead.
Speaker 1: But what are you being left that you're talking about?
Speaker 5: Well, it's what I would be leaving them my home and my oh oh.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah. Well, usually in a state planning, when you want to leave stuff, or you want to appoint an executor or a personal representative, or you want to do anything like that, normally you don't do it to older people unless you're sick and unless you know you're going to predecease them. Normally, you don't leave things to people that will predecease you on purpose. Now, you could say, if so and so is alive, then you can leave them something and then if not, you go somewhere else, and that can be written. But normally, when they're older than you, you don't do that normally.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, but let me make sure I understand you though. And in that scenario, though, let's say that all the people that I have as beneficiaries passed away. You said it goes to their state. Do you mean then it would go to whoever they have and their wills being their benefiticary exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: However, However, I'm unclear on something. I'm unclear on how how long does that stay valid? For example, if he left his house, if he left his house to someone but he never made arrangements for the stuff you left him, does does that automatically get distributed to the rest of the heirs or just to where the house went? So why don't you hang on or not? You don't even have to hang on. You can listen and I will ask one of our estate planning attorneys. Okay, Kaschina, Let's see we can get one of them on three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight, two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here at three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, Joe, what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 11: Hey, Hey Tom, I just uh felt a dumb ass move and left my left my sprinkler system turned on, not turned on, but throw throws the vacuum breaker and its sprayed up the side of the side of the house for a couple of days. It said, we had a rental that's taken and ended up flooding the uh crawl space. It's a dirty crawl space, and so I rented a little pump and pumped all the water out, but obviously the soil is still mud. I'm wondering what my best thing to do about that is.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you something, Joe, Joe. Is the is the crawl space well ventilated.
Speaker 11: Well as ventilated as crawl spaces are. It's got a couple of like six by six x twelve wall vents in there to allow care to come through.
Speaker 1: How do you get into the crawl space is what I'm asking? How do you get in and out of it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's through a door in the downstairs, like a door in the house, or a door on the outside.
Speaker 11: Door in the house.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the crawl space is how tall?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 11: Tall for a crawl space, it's maybe four four and a half feet.
Speaker 1: Okay, What you ought to do? Okay, you're not. If it's dirt, you're not going to get mold on it. You're not going to get mold. Now. Now, the dirt, even if you did get molded, it's not gonna last long because once it drives up, it'll once it drives up, it'll be fine. You didn't get any of the house wet, right, No, then, what you ought to do that? There there are blowers you can put in there. That will at least help dry it faster. You can rent afier well, actually that would work too, But do you emidifiers? They're they're really if for something that big of an area, you would really need a pretty big one. How would you get it down there? I mean you would is the door? You can just walk through the door.
Speaker 11: It's about four feet by four feet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we should ask Rock what he would do, not not him as a company America.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea, but the ad what does it do it yourself? Uh yeah, mm hmm, Okay, let's do that. But I'm thinking you can rent blowers. What you really want to do is you would want to blow from the door out and then it would because that crawl space when you walk around the house, are there vents to the outside or not?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: From I mean from the from the crawl space to the outside, right, yes, good. If you put blowers in there, I'm pretty sure it's going to help. But let's talk to Rock over at American Restoration and hang on or you can listen and we'll we'll ask and if you have any questions, you can ask him what the consequences are and then did how were we at getting McKenzie or Heal and park on.
Speaker 7: No answer yet, but Kel's still trying.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to try that estate planning question of what happens if everyone or if your beneficiaries are deceased after a long time, what happens. Does it still go to their estate or is it treated like I don't know, like the rest of your estate takes it. Maybe that's a good point and I don't know the answer, but we're going to talk about that coming up. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, I have a twenty seventeen f four fifty added transmission cooler. This summer is one hundred and forty degrees too cold, too cold for the transmission. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that is pretty cool. I'd want to see those tempts jumped up about thirty five to forty degrees, get it up about one eighty.
Speaker 1: So how do you do that?
Speaker 14: Well, he's going to have to reduce some of that cooling he's got going on Earth. These things are designed to change, you know, shifting patterns and shifting qualities and everything else according to certain temperatures, and they optimize at higher temperatures.
Speaker 1: Okay, so one hundred and forty is too cool? Pretty cool? What is the optimum?
Speaker 14: Probably roughly between one hundred and seventy to one hundred and eighty degrees, So a lot of a lot of vehicles today, we're actually doing stuff to cool them back a lot because we're seeing temperatures in the two twenties and two thirties, trying to get them down because they were actually engineered to run that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now, next question, Uh oh, this is not a car question. This is do Keel and Park have an office in Denver? I only see four collins since No, absolutely they don't have one. But they can serve all of Colorado, and you can do zooms and you can do phone calls, and there's almost you know, really there's really almost not a not a reason to actually person a person with an estate planning attorney. I mean unless you just like it, and then of course they'll they would meet with you, they would make an arrangement for that. But no, they don't have an office in Denver. I wouldn't let that steer, you know, steer you away, because they're they're pretty good people and they can handle it keel and Park. It's low kp dot. They are in Fort Collins and they can handle it again because that's more of a state issue when it comes to a state planning and wills and all of that and probate, so it they don't have to be in your backyard. But then that's up to you and your comfort level. Okay, So just feel free to call him though, three all three, seven to one to three talk. We also have Dan McKenzie in the Denver area. Dan McKenzie. He doesn't do the same exact way they do. They do the one where they look at what your what you have and everything all free of charge and then come up with a plan with flat rate pricing. So they don't he doesn't quite do it that way. But he's very reasonable, very personable. That's McKenzie law. And both of them are on a referral list at referral list dot com.
Speaker 6: Hey, guess you made sixteen billion dollars today? Elon, of course you made ten billion plus yesterday. Guys made uh I want to say, seventy billion dollars in two weeks. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Is that a net worth? Because of the because of stock.
Speaker 6: Taseless stock, So Teslas stock now today is another ten percent of three hundred and twenty five bucks. Most of the shares I own, to give everybody an idea of how much it's gone up, is around three hundred or I'm sorry, one hundred and fifteen dollars. Is absolutely amazing. He's gonna make a tell Mark, gonna make a lot of millionaires.
Speaker 1: What's the reason for the Tesla stock going up so much?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, the last earnings were great. The future with the robot, the infrastructure meeting, the charging stations, and then the licensing of the self driving to virtually every other car manufacturer are going to be massive and on moving. But of course, being part of the administration now you know, well probably not technically part of it, but actually giving ideas to it.
Speaker 1: I mean, just imagine what that means. I mean, it's I don't even know how you value that.
Speaker 6: I'm seeing it as a four hundred dollars stock probably by you know, early next year. But the way it's going right now, my god, it was at two point fifty. It's been up seventy five bucks in two weeks, so I could be way off. That thing could be over four hundred. But I'm not giving financial advice whatsoever. I'm just shocked by it. And I've owned that stock so long. It's crazy. I've watched this thing go up and down. It's nuts.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: Now, imagine if the Democrats had their way on the unrealized gain. Just think about the tax that guy would have paid. He would have paid billions and billions in tax just because his value on paper went up, even though he's just crazy. Yeah, because they never had a plan for recapturing that if it went back down. That was the danger of that kind of tax. That's a one way tax.
Speaker 6: And remember these are the same Democrats like Pelosi and most of them not just Democrats, but Republicans also that could use inside trading information when they purchase stuff. So, I mean, it's kind of funny they wanted to punish other people when they're already cheaters.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, someone says, Mark, they laugh when we talked about the courtesy time people have to get a tempt tag or to get their tags in Colorado. Oh yeah, you a bill of sale because they said, technically, look around, you know, no one needs license plates. You know, really, it's unprecedented how many people I've seen driving around without license plates at all. None. I mean, they keep saying they're cracking down on it. Well, I believe it's not the not the state, but certain municipalities like Aurora was I think, But I don't think you mean where the Venezuelan gangs are in the territory.
Speaker 6: You probably got to go to one of those apartment complexes to renew your plates by now.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, years ago we gave a car away to Goodwill Industries, and about three months later we got a huge towing bill and an impound bill and found out the card had been driven for months with no plates. Fortunately Goodwill took care of it, but it could be bad. I don't think they can hold you responsible. I'm sorry, I don't think they can. But man, it's really important though, that you get documentation of when you either sold or donated or relinquished possession of that car. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay us until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show with Major Mark Major and also we have Kevin Calkin and Jeff Vick. We have people joining us and we're gonna answer this question with our expert. So let's go to our expert. We have on Rock with we have a twenty four American Restoration twenty four to seven Rock High. We had a quick question here and that is a head if you have a four foot crawl space under your home normal venting and a pipe broke or black flow preventter happened, something happened with a sprinkler and it was saturated and now it's absorbed, but very very muddy, wet, moist damp. Can that cause any harm anywhere? And what would be the best way to eradicate it?
Speaker 10: Oh, if it's if you still have to remove soil to you have a you have a Now we're talking about You know, I'm not a plumber, so I'm assuming that there's some type of fecal material or some place.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It wasn't sewage water. It was just regular fresh water, freshwater.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, then no, you know, you know, I think it's a lot of times it absorbs. I go to to a number of houses that that that are absorbed. Matter of fact, a mold job just the other day where the it was it wasn't lined, it didn't have it wasn't you know, covered with plastic, and most of the water went was absorbed by the by the ground, but the wall still needed needed mold clean up from a leaky pipe. So I would have somebody go in and check, especially after about a week or a couple of days, and see if there's any any type of mold or any type of growth that's that's happening. And especially if you have wood down there, natural materials on the beams and the choices, you know, those are naturally occurring materials, so you know, you never know what could could cause growth there. If there isn't any, then you know, you're you're you're fine. Or if there is some it's it's easy to clean up with it. When there's it's pretty easy to clean up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of the open area. So what about rock? What about putting a blower, a couple of blowers underneath there? Would that be good or not? To keep the air moving?
Speaker 10: Yes, I would check to see if there's mold, if it happened yesterday, you know, like I said, sometimes there could be or there couldn't be. There's other things down there that could cause there's chemicals, there's plants, there's things that have been stored. They could cause some type of growth. I would check for that first, and I wouldn't I wouldn't blow in, I'd blow out.
Speaker 2: So I would say, right, no.
Speaker 1: No, I understand. And there it's not open to the house, but it's open to the outdoors. And that's why I told him he should probably if he puts some blowers down there, it'll blow out.
Speaker 9: The vents, right if if you're sure that it's going to.
Speaker 10: Blow out, I would still use negative air pressure, which is you know, I would still I would prefer to use negative air pressure, you know.
Speaker 1: And what does that? What does that mean? Like Like at the door going in, you would put a blower on the door.
Speaker 10: Right and if you put if you direct, you can direct the air. If it's really a big crawl space, like some of these are huge, like the whole house will be let's say, you know, thousand square feet and then that's a thousand square feet under the house. That's a that's a pretty large uh.
Speaker 2: That's a large space.
Speaker 10: You can do right the air in a certain direction with more than one fan or you know, a couple of them with the uh, with the with the tubing directing out various events. But I would still I would go with a negative pressure and a filter. Sure, a filter, negative pressure and filtering.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you something wrong. Does dirt in and of itself get moldy?
Speaker 4: It depends on what's in it.
Speaker 10: It depends on what's in it, you know. It depends on what type of you know, like you have, like if you have Christmas decorations under there that it depends on what hits the dirt and what you know, and how well it grows, how dry it is, how wet it is, you know.
Speaker 1: But if if it's just soil, if it's just dirt and soil under there, will it be absorbed.
Speaker 10: And regular water no, okay, yes, so we'll do as long as it there's an over there's there's a saturation point. You know, as long as it's not overly saturated, it doesn't run for too too many days. You know, there's a you know, there's a rate of saturation, there's a rate of you know flow.
Speaker 2: Now, as long as you.
Speaker 10: Don't exceed those, which is you know, it's those are variables. As long as you don't exceed those, you can.
Speaker 2: You know, it should be absorbed.
Speaker 1: It should be okay, it should be all right, Rock, I really appreciate it. Thank you very much. That's American Restoration twenty four to seven. And if you ever need them, I hope you don't, but if you ever need them for a property catastrophe, it's eight three three seven m rest or am rest eight three three seven a m rest. We have Dan Mackenzie on now, which is really good because we needed a question there Dan. Somebody wanted to know if he left his home or his property or whatever, just anything to three people. And all three people died or were dead or deceased. Yeah, and at the time he dies, they're dead, they're already gone. Where does that stuff go?
Speaker 12: It depends on whether or not gets said to the descendants per sturpies or by a representation. So you might see per sturpies when you're doing Desney beneficiary forms, and just as a weird Latin word that.
Speaker 4: No one knows what that means.
Speaker 12: If it's per sturpees, that means it gets divided in the three and then divided, you know, among their various kids, and those kids can end up getting unequal shares because one of those three might have more kids than the others. If it's by a representation, and that whole first generation is dead, we're going to go down to the next generation and divide it equally among as many members are in that generation.
Speaker 1: What if what if somebody was not attentive at all and these people predeceased them by ten years, would it still go to those to seize people's estate or would it just be like dying without a will or something in his estate? What if so he dies and let's say his beneficiaries have been dead for ten.
Speaker 4: Years, So yeah, what are we like?
Speaker 12: Was it directed by a will?
Speaker 2: Do we know that?
Speaker 1: I think he said it was a will?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, really.
Speaker 12: You know the amount of time doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Other than that it's too short.
Speaker 12: Right, So a length of time if you survived someone by ten years, we had situations, right, Yeah, goes into the person's the state, even though they've been deceased for a long period of time.
Speaker 1: Actually, so okay, yeah, now here's what I want to know. You mentioned something. So let's say it was left to two people. Those two people died, Yeah, and they've been dead a while, and what Let's just say each of those people had wills. Would it be beat it according to how they left things in their will? For example, what if one of those people left everything to one particular person and it wasn't even a relative, they just left it to a person, would then the new property be left to that person?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: So yeah, so I guess like again, like like my will says like to my descendants by representation, and so if their deceased is just going to skip right over and doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: What their will says.
Speaker 12: But if I said I'm leaving this to Tom Martino and you've passed away, it could go to your state if I haven't said anything else, and then your estate's going to directly gown.
Speaker 2: So it kind of depends how I've.
Speaker 12: Left it to you, if I've already accounted for the fact that you might be deceased, or if I just said you and then didn't say anything about what happens if you predeceased me. So there's a lot of possibilities.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately I have to see a document.
Speaker 4: Really, but it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't necessarily follow the deceased person's will. It follows their estate. Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 12: Yeah, but the will is going to direct the estate. The the issue is how did it get left to them by the previous person. So like again, if mine says, you know to my kids, per stirpees, I've already accounted for the fact that they might be deceased and said, look, if they're deceased, go to their kids, don't don't worry about what their will says. But if I say, you know my kid by name, for example, and my kids survives me, then their estates is going to get that first. And again it's it's confusing because you know, my kid, did they survive me and now they're deceased or did they predecease me? That's going to be a question too. Wow hearing this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I understand so so. But the quick answer is though it goes to their state. That's the quick answer. And what you need to do is specify more. You have to have more specificity if there is even the possibility of that, and that's where obviously an estate planning attorney comes in. Thank you very much, and I got to take this break. Eight three three co Plans that's mackenzie law Dan McKenzie coo plans dot co. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here at three oh three seven one three talks seven one three each five to five. Barbera has a question on a car sale. Go ahead, Barbara, what's going on.
Speaker 10: On pain cash for your car.
Speaker 9: And I've heard you and Mark talk about don't let them know that you want.
Speaker 4: To pay cash for a car, right, I just.
Speaker 10: Need to know what you know.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a few reasons. We there's a few reasons we say that you save money if you don't pay cash, and there's yeah, and there's a good strategy even if you do want to pay cash, not to do it right away if they're offering incentives. But if you, I'm sorry, we're running out of time, but I promise you will come right to you in just six minutes or so and talk about this because it's really important. So why don't you hang on and we'd love to talk about this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose ranked around the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped up.
Speaker 3: New need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come run into suspass as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help come man, This.
Speaker 1: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, Well what a what an uneventful day as far as uh call's got a lot. By by the way, we have a lot of text messaging going on, and we also have a lot of questions about winter driving. I want to talk about someone wants to know if they have a front wheel drive. They're being told two different stories. Do you need four snow tires or just two on the front wheels? And by the way, you can text me as well. Five seven seven three nine is a short code that'll get you right through. Put Tom there, and then also you can go to my Google number which is seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty Guys, what do you think on the tires.
Speaker 14: Well, you're definitely going to get a benefit just putting the two on the front. But you're going to maximum benefit by going all four. It's not just for traction when you're taking off from a stop or or a corner or something like that, but you're also depending on those tires when you come to a stop, breaking and turning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So basically it's never a bad idea to have all fall four.
Speaker 7: Who's good?
Speaker 10: Four is better?
Speaker 1: Okay? Barbara, you had a question on a car sale. Let's talk about it. You want to pay cash, and you're wondering, is it okay not to tell them. One of the reasons we say that is when there are incentives. Sometimes dealers get incentives when you finance a car. They get kickbacks, and they get paid a spread on loans. If they have incentives, they would come right out and tell you so. But you have to know the price of those incentives and if it's worth not paying in cash. But then you can pay it off in a few months. When I bought my car, they were giving a special incentive, a special discount if you financed it. So I got the incentive to finance it. Then I asked the dealer. I said, just out of curiosity, how long do I have to keep this financed before they take back the incentive from you, and he said, you keep the loan out for four months and then pay it off. We make our incentive. They were right. They were very open about it. I mean it kind of shocked me. Mark. Do you find that they're pretty open about their incentives.
Speaker 6: No, I think you and I are kind of on the inside. I don't think they tell anybody that, but I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody right now. They make a dealer.
Speaker 6: When they sell it to a credit union or a bank, they're making one to three percent. They pad that in the interest rate. So the best thing you can do is you actually go in there. You got to have decent credit though. Let's say you got seven forty plus. You go in there and you say, okay, you know, I don't mind. I'd set them up like this. You know, I want this car, and I just want to car at the best price you can. I don't even mind if I pay more interest. So basically, what we're doing is allowing them to pack to back end, so when they sell it, they're getting three percent over the over sale. Then the second you have the keys in your hand, you pay it off and you're done a little disingenuous, but it works. Oh my god, disingenuous. Who are we talking about. We're talking about the people that lock you in the back room and try to knock you over the head with.
Speaker 1: Nothing to understand that. I'm all for doing the negotiations. Here's what you what you so, Barbara. What he's saying is if you say, look, I want the best price ever, I don't care if you finance it, and even if I pay a little on interest, you bait them into giving you a great price. And then what you do is you do the payoff right after you get that great price. As soon as soon as it's over, you just pay it off. But here's the deal immediately Yeah, well you know, yeah, you don't pay it off right there at the dealer five minutes later. I like, I like McDonald han day.
Speaker 6: So when I negotiate with them, and I bought a lot of vehicles from them, just like Tom was telling you, and I'm very straightforward, I will say, okay, I'll make sure we do the first three payments before I pay it off.
Speaker 1: That way they still get their incentive. So I've done that.
Speaker 6: But when I've dealt with other dealers, like a Rappa ho Hondi, who I simply don't like. I've paid it off three four days later, or as soon as I have the availability to pay it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you know a lot of people think if they come in and say I want to pay cash, they're gonna get a better deal. The deal the dealer really needs to make some money, so they're gonna the money they would have made on the on the financing they're gonna put on the car.
Speaker 6: See, they have a buy rate. That buy rate let's say, I mean right now, interest rates are high. So let's say good credit. Right now, they go to a credit union, they can do a five percent deal with your credit and income. Well, they're gonna be quoting that to you at six, seven or eight, So they're gonna be actually making that one to three percent the second they close the deal. That's part of their profit on that car at that point in fact, it could be a big chunk of the profit on that card.
Speaker 1: If I were you, I wouldn't mess with any of that, Barbara. I would go to Jay Jeffar Cars and have Rodney source the car at the best price possible and then just pay for it.
Speaker 10: And then just pay for it.
Speaker 9: What kind of car are you looking for, by the way, credits, I'm looking for twenty four twenty five Honda CRV.
Speaker 1: Oh nice popular car. It's a very nice car. You can get it sourced.
Speaker 9: Difference how high your credit score is.
Speaker 6: By what they would if you're if you're if literally if you're paying cash, it really doesn't matter, or if you're going to pay it off after you finance it. The credit score comes into where they get you a better interest rate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so theoretically, theoretically it's all relative. They're going to pad it accordingly. So if if you yeah, if they can get if they can sell that loan at let's say five and a half percent, and you have, you know, a great credit, you can get to sell it a five and a half. If you don't have great credit, it might take them six and a half. So but accordingly, on top of that, they're going to pad it.
Speaker 9: Okay, And if you buy it from JFR Cars, if.
Speaker 10: He shops it for you, then you just deal just like you're doing it with a regular dealer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, here's what they do. They do a lot of business with the dealers, so they're going to get a good price and the dealers. No, there's not going to be any screw around and they but they don't always. I just want you to know this, and Rodney'll be the first to tell you. They can't always beat a price you negotiate on your own somewhere. Not always, but they take the hassle out of it, and you're welcome to shop and then see and then compare that price, okay, and then and then if they do a great deal, buy it from them. They'll they'll get the car, and then they'll act as a broker, and then you can pay cash or whatever. It doesn't matter at that point. Have you ever considered barbaria may I ask a few questions, Why are you going to pay cash? I'm just curious. I like doing that too, But why are you doing it.
Speaker 9: Just because I like, I don't like to have any payments on anything, Okay, to have the cash?
Speaker 1: I know what you mean. You know, I've been rethinking that for the first time in my life because the because what cash can do for me has changed over the years. And if you're looking at a big hunk of cash and draining it from your account as opposed now now, I'm not trying to talk you into this. I'm just saying you gotta look at the math more than the psychology. And I was doing some numbers on leasing a car, and it is really really in expects for me when you consider that I don't drive that much as far as the actual miles, and I can and I want to change it out in two or three years three at the top. And the lease is very inexpensive compared to if I finance it. But I can make more money leaving my money with my company being invested to more than pay for that lease payment. So I rethought it. And as interest rates go up, you know, it's it's six of one or half a dozen the other. It's what you can do with your money as opposed to just taking it all and putting it on a car. Because no matter what, if you have a really nice car, you have a chunk of money on that. How much have you seen these cars selling for Barbara, Yeah, that amount of money is not going to make a big difference when where the other as far as investments. So I would say you're on the right track. You know, I've seen other people do such silly things. I actually saw people one time refused to finance a car, and it was a fifty thousand dollars car that they wanted to pay cash for it, and they were going to pay cash for it. Meanwhile, the car loan at the time was three and a half percent. But here's what the stupid thing was. Because people don't ever look at their whole picture. And they had credit card debt they were paying sixteen percent. And I said, do you understand that you'd better off paying off that credit card and financing your car than you would the other way around. But they just liked the idea of having the car paid for. I don't know why. Again, so many people make economic or financial choices by emotion as opposed to lodge and math, because logic and math sometimes dictates another approach three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. By the way, speaking of that, that's why I started my investment advisement company, Wave eight Wealth Management. I started it after years and years of doing it for myself with these advisors I hired. Then we got registered to offer this to the public. Now there's a reason for it. Most of the time I was unhappy with the advice I was getting, and I found out why they weren't really advising me. They were middlemen. They were literally middlemen. There is an absolute There's something called turnkey asset program where where people invest your money with bigger advisors. It's called turnkey because these advisors take your money, get a commission, but they do nothing with your money. They leave it to big advisors. That advisor doesn't know you from adam. If you want to know you're getting the most attention, the best attention, direct attention. I want you to at least let us give you a free review. Invest with Martino dot com is the website. The name of the company is Wave eight Wealth Management. The number is three oh three seven seven to one help, and it's where I put my money where my mouth is. It's all everything I do is right alongside you. Three oh three seven seven one four three five seven that's seven seven one help. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez, your troubleshitter, Ted's on the line. Wants to talk about a two thousand and nine Subaru forester question on oil consumption. What's going on? Man?
Speaker 2: I bought this about a year ago.
Speaker 1: I got how many miles on it out of curiosity?
Speaker 2: Roughly one seventy Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I bought it about a year ago. I got the warranty from them, We did the oil consumption test, they replaced the short block with which is what it says in the warranty. Then after a few thousand more miles, oil consumption was just as bad. I took it back in. This time I'm not sure. I think they replaced the short block again, and this time they did valve guide replace.
Speaker 1: Well, my god, you pretty well should have just done the engine at one hundred and seventy thousand miles. Wow, I mean, so, now, what's going on with it?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to be getting ready to take it back down to do another oil consumption test. I was curious, is do I have anything for me that could say, uh, I'm tired of this? What can we do? I don't want?
Speaker 1: Okay, First I got to ask this, Did you buy this from a private party?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: You bought a car. Hold on, you bought a car, a fifteen year old car with one hundred and seventy thousand miles on it? Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And when you said they did the short block, you paid.
Speaker 2: For that right Nope? Under warranty.
Speaker 1: There's a warranty that covered your nine Is it something you bought when you bought the car?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am shocked that they actually did this for you with one hundred and seventy thousand miles on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a different It's like the warranties that you hear of. You know, everything breaks and you can buy warranties those type of things over the television.
Speaker 1: But normally they don't. Normally they don't pay. So are you telling me you actually got a refurbished or remanufactured short block for that car?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow, I can tell you another thing. I've got a two thousand and two Subaru. When I got it, it had like one hundred and eighty on it. I kind of understand Subarus. I it had oil consumption. I took it to a Subaru shop. They rebuilt the lower half, you know, the short block, and now I have three hundred and forty thousand on it. It does not use a drop of oil in three thousand miles.
Speaker 1: Guys, I want to ask you something. Okay, this short block on a two thousand and nine Subaru, what would that entail? Basically? Guys, what would that entail?
Speaker 7: Well, it's the ends and minus heads, so you get a new crank pistol.
Speaker 1: Is that where most of the oil would be going?
Speaker 7: Well, they, according to their tests, apparently went through the rings. That's why they did the short block.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. So why is this still burning oil?
Speaker 7: Because they didn't get all that it had more than one league more than one consumption spot if they did the guides the second time.
Speaker 1: So here's what I want to ask you, Ted. You want to know if it's your right to say I had enough, Well, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: What happens if you had enough? Let's say you did have enough, what would you want?
Speaker 2: I would I think I would kind of like to get the same price that I paid for it and get a different car from them.
Speaker 1: But who's like, why would they You didn't buy a new car, bro, I mean you bought an extended warranty. How much did you pay for that warranty?
Speaker 2: It was roughly thirty five hundred?
Speaker 1: Holy? Holy?
Speaker 2: The reason I got it too was because.
Speaker 1: What did you pay for the car? Huh? What did you pay for the car?
Speaker 2: Roughly eight thousand.
Speaker 1: You're buried in that thing. Man? Do you realize you're eleven to five into that car?
Speaker 2: Yes? But I understand how sugar rus can be.
Speaker 9: Like I say, the other ones got three hundred and.
Speaker 2: Forty on it now and the only thing I do is change oil every now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeh, But what difference does it make if you overpaid?
Speaker 2: I'd just like to get something different.
Speaker 1: But eight you paid eight grand for a car, a fifteen year old car with one hundred and seventy thousand miles.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, you don't know.
Speaker 1: There's no helping you. I mean, you're you're so buried in that car. Did they say they would refund your money? No?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm going to wonder next time when I take it in.
Speaker 1: Well man, Okay, let me just get right to it. What model is this the Forester? A? Right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Can I just tell you, just frankly, that you don't have a leg to stand on. I mean, I mean, this is a this is more than a used car.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a If I go back in and they put the engine in again and it's you know, if they make it right this time where it doesn't use any oil, I'd be happy with that.
Speaker 1: I go, yeah, But what I'm saying is, okay, I don't really know the extent. To be honest with you, I don't know what kind of warranty you bought, but they're for thirty five hundred Okay, at some point they're they're gonna cut bait and not want to do anything. What's the name of your warranty?
Speaker 2: Ericas?
Speaker 1: Have you guys heard of this warranty you before?
Speaker 14: Was this something you bought from the dealer or you mentioned TV? Did you buy this thing on TV?
Speaker 2: Nope, I bought it from the dealer.
Speaker 7: Was it a super dealer or local dealer?
Speaker 14: Yes? Yes, I mean you'd be better off, you know, if they're going to go in there and they're gonna want to slop out that short block again, pay for the betterment and get a complete long block.
Speaker 1: So the let me just explain something to you. These cars are going on cars dot Com. I will tell you they are going for around seven grand, okay, right, all right, some of them a little cheaper. Okay, So let's say five to seven grand. Then you added you added fifty percent to that. You literally added fifty percent again for that warranty. So what why did they Why don't they stop screwing around? I mean, for what they spent so far, why don't they just replace the entire engine?
Speaker 2: Well, we will see next time, because the warranty says short block the second time, when.
Speaker 1: I, oh, wait a minute, what do you mean the warranty see I don't know this. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: The warranty says it's a common problem with subarus. So the warranty says they will replace the short block under oil consumption. The second time when I took it in, they did a little more research and found out it was coming through the valve guides. So they did the valve guides the second time. And with that they were saying, we don't know who's going to pay for it yet, and I don't know who paid for it, whether the dealership ate it or the warranty company paid for the valve guides.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then it's still burning oil?
Speaker 2: Yes, how much oil? I changed the oil after one thousand miles just for break in, And since I changed it in a thousand miles, it was a It was about three quarters, if not seven eight of a quart low?
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait are you talking about It wasn't a quart low in one thousand miles? Correct? What does your warranty call excessive? Most warranties and Kevin and Jeff tell me if I if I'm not telling the truth, don't Most warranties say it's not excessive until it's beyond a quart every thousand miles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anywhere between one thousand and two thousand typically, Yes.
Speaker 1: You know you might have a problem in the definition of high oil consumption.
Speaker 2: No, because this second, this time I changed the oil after this last rebuild, my dipstick was bear at seven.
Speaker 7: Hundred miles else, so it got worse.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even read your string.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Look, I you know what you're in A weird I don't really know what situation you're in because technically you didn't buy it as is. Technically you bought it subject to a warranty. Technically, I don't know what they're going to do for you. I don't know what your rights are into that warranty. I doubt it's to get another car. I just think they have to try to fix it. I mean, now, as a dealer, they may want to try to negotiate something, but if they keep going back to the warranty company, that dealer doesn't want to touch it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the dealer.
Speaker 2: It's the one out in Lakewood. I don't is that so SUPERU?
Speaker 1: I really don't know, but it sounds like they're not screwing you too much. I mean, they're trying to help you. I mean, it does seem like it to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that I'm I just know how my two thousand and two is. It's the same engine.
Speaker 1: No, I know what you're saying, Well, can you just call us seriously, call us back after they look at it and tell me what they tell you.
Speaker 2: Right, it's going to be a while because since I just did put that other court of oil in, I'll wait till it gets real low again, take it back in and what they do is they change the oil and then that way, you know, they probably mark the filter, they mark the plug, all of that stuff to make sure you're not tampering with it. And then when it is low again, I take it in and they look at it and then they'll say, you know, yes, it is oil consumption.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: So it might be a while before I take it back in. God Like, I say, I'll wait.
Speaker 1: Till it gets How long is how long is the warranty?
Speaker 2: I think it said one hundred thousand miles and roughly it was either five or ten years. I can't remember. I think it was five years.
Speaker 1: I have never heard of a used car warranty in my life that that's an extra one hundred thousand So you mean to tell me they will warrant you that for two hundred and seventy thousand miles. Yes, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Archie, you know your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right. So I don't know what to tell the guy with the two thousand nine suber. I want him to call me back. I want him to give me a copy of the warranty. I've never heard of such a warranty in my life. I do have some text. What does this mean? NAPA stopped making the platinum oil filter? What do you guys recommend? What does that mean? The platinum oil filter did they have?
Speaker 7: That's three grades? They had the pro, gold and platinum, and we always use the gold.
Speaker 1: It's the gold is fine, sir. If you're listening, I hope you're still listening.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody else wants to know about the a fifty cc motor scooter. Okay, they have a couple they want to donate. I just asked them if they're street legal, but I guess they are. I found out I think we could find good homes for them. I want to know who do you prefer to donate them too? I imagine you want to donate them to someone who can use them for work or something. But in the winter, I mean, you don't drive these things you're around, do you? I mean, my goodness, gracious, you can't. Okay, somebody else wants to know about this service. Somebody's trying to sell them to clean their cabin air, a detoxification of the cabin air in their car and purification or whatever the hell they're calling you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, b an extra product like that where you tap into the system that cleans out, because I mean, you're going to get contalented in there. And obviously, so what does it?
Speaker 1: What is it cleaning? It's literally cleaning up pretty much your air ducks for your car, So it's duck cleaning. And does it clean out?
Speaker 15: So what what?
Speaker 1: What are they spraying in there?
Speaker 7: He said, it's in my crow wheel of some kind you know, supposed to try.
Speaker 1: To So basically it's duck cleaning for your car.
Speaker 14: Yes, it'll also you know, when you turn on your air condition and you get that musty smell, it almost smells like cheese or something like that. It'll get rid of that smell because that's the stuff that's actually growing inside those ducts exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, and speak for yourself, Kevin, if you have a car smells like cheese, I've never had that, my god. Anyway, do you guys offer that service.
Speaker 7: KeV Oh, yeah, we do it all the time, especially in the summer with the air conditioning and stuff. We do it more in the summer.
Speaker 1: People notice the difference.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And a lot of times we'll do it with the air conditioning. We'll just spray and air fresher, you know, the event right by your wipers. You can spray afresh and are in there when the fan's on high and it'll pull it through for you. So you can buy a microbial spray if you like, and just try it that way first.
Speaker 1: Okay. And somebody said, speaking of warranties like that guy had, they want to know what name did he say it was?
Speaker 7: I didn't write it down Veritus or something something like that.
Speaker 1: Veritus, which would mean truth right anyway, here's what I want to know, or here's what this texture wants to know. Are there in your experience since you do service, have there been warranty companies that pay without question and are pretty damn good to deal with.
Speaker 14: They're always trying to find a way to duck out from it. But as long as that bill is under one thousand dollars, most of the time you're not going to see an inspector or something like that. You know, they'll typically.
Speaker 1: Who's been better to deal with in your opinion, Well.
Speaker 7: We were just talking about one because we have a common inspector that comes out we have no trouble with, and I had another inspector come in and he's a pain in them.
Speaker 14: Well, that's the inspectors, though. The warranty companies themselves, I mean they've always got the inspectors. Yeah, they follow the inspectors. And the inspectors, you know, they don't work for the warranty company. They're actually a third party.
Speaker 7: They're hired.
Speaker 14: They pick up the job, just like doing something like a home appraisal, So they come out they do the inspection. Or it's getting more and more common where they're they're doing virtual inspections with us. We can walk around the call.
Speaker 1: Give me a name of some companies that pay without question.
Speaker 14: None of them pay without question. It's just a matter of what level of UH of repair are you're performing, the cost of that repair, and how much they really want to dink around with.
Speaker 1: Okay, who do you like? Dealing with?
Speaker 7: Ge has been the one I've always had the best, most luck with Durance is good Way.
Speaker 1: Wait are you talking about ge as in General Electric?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a division of the same company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do an aftermarket warranty.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 7: Who else Endurance?
Speaker 2: And what is?
Speaker 1: What about car shield?
Speaker 7: The worst fifty fifty for us, We'll get one or two in a row and we think we're doing great, and then we get one or two They.
Speaker 14: Just I typically get them to approve, but they but they do not pay for new parts. They're going to send you use crap. So I let my customers know right off the bat, you're gonna have an out of pocket expense here because I'm not putting that stuff in. If they approve two thousand dollars in the jobs three thousand dollars. If you want me to do it, you're gonna have one thousand dollars out of pocket. If not, you're gonna have to take it.
Speaker 7: To the next guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five more coming right up? All right, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I have a lot of texts, but do we have any Let me s see. I want to make sure we're not leaving. Okay, we don't have any callers. But good, Uh these texts are just let me put it to you this way. I can't even believe some of them. Okay, I'm trying to. Okay, listen to this one ready. Oh god, some of them are so stupid. Okay, I don't know if this is stupid. Is it recommended that I only replace front brake pads? They said that's all I need.
Speaker 14: Yeah, sure, about eighty percent of your braking is done in the front, so they're gonna work.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 7: No, you'll go two to one on the front of the backyard.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. How about this one? Are you excited about the prospect of an AMG version of an electric Mercede Bends? But I always thought the AMG had to do with the engine and the blue lining and all of that. So what the hell does an AMG mean in an electric car?
Speaker 14: It must be splitting off and doing it.
Speaker 1: Marketing, marketing, Okay, I want a cheap, relatively fast car, reliable that can fit a dog cage.
Speaker 14: This family.
Speaker 1: I mean, so what are we talking about here? Okay, I'll tell you what. Okay, like an older uh you know, or something right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, or any suv would would fit the.
Speaker 1: An older suv right now?
Speaker 14: In this market, nothing's cheap.
Speaker 7: Nothing's cheap?
Speaker 1: Okay? What does it mean? And I don't know if this is a joke or not. When my car is hard to start, hard to steer and there's a battery light on, I think the car's off. I don't know what the hell they're talking. No, seriously, that's the question.
Speaker 7: The belt is off?
Speaker 14: No, something about the belt is off because an.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, very good guys. And and what are the potential drawbacks of using Carvana instead of a conventional dealership? Listen, I've always said this before. It's not where you buy, it's how you buy. And if you're stupid, Carvana makes you more stupid and dealers can take advantage of you. So none of that works, I mean, really, don't. Don't even concentrate on the method, concentrate on learning. Anyway, We're out of time. I just want to say goodbye and save all your problems for me.