Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let your tako one on one one w JR R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots? All right? Hey? Is she still get about fifteen minutes to throw a vote in for you? Say? We play at JR or Facebook page. This morning's featured artists Social Distortion. Which one should we put on the air at nine? Bad Luck, Story of my Life? A ball and chain?
Speaker 1: Somebody who votes has went in offspring tickets. Get to the JR or Facebook page. You have the next fifteen minutes. You'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Guy in Georgia is at work the other morning gets a call from his wife. She's terrified. She's at home alone with their five month old. Ooh, says, somebody's trying to break into the house. So he says, hang up with me and call nine one one. She goes, can you call for me? I just want to stay at you. So he goes, yeah, I'll call the police. He hangs up, tries to call nine one one. This is in Chatham County. Jory, okay, uh, no answer. Calls nine to one one again, no answer.
Speaker 1: In Georgia, you'd think those comps will be on that phone like Boom.
Speaker 2: Calls it third time. This time someone picks up and the dispatcher is in the midst of telling somebody else, apparently what she wants for her McDonald's order. Uh, this is telling her, yeah, I want mcgriddle, Do you get me mcgriddle? And then she goes, okay, what do you want? Oh my gosh, She comes on and tell this guy, I don't know.
Speaker 1: My wife's at home with our five month old, thinking that there's an emergency.
Speaker 2: That's why I call you. McDonald's still have all day breakfast. I mean it's nine thirty in the morning. Maybe she's trying to get in before if they if they hurt that location didn't have the all day deal at mcgriddle before they shut it down and transferred to the lunch crowd.
Speaker 1: Told you, I've stuck to minew year's resolution, still haven't given in no fast food, so I don't know what the breakfast is.
Speaker 2: Which is worse having a call three times to even get someone to pick up, or calling or when you do call, they do pick up, but they too bothered to be putting their fast food order into a coworker to help you and whatever you're concerned might be. Well you got both there, lucky you, sir.
Speaker 1: I mean, wouldn't you Again, we're armchair quarterback, and it's it's could have, would have, should have, But wouldn't you have gotten in your in your truck and started heading that way.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't doesn't have any info as to how far he lives from where this is or whatever. But yeah, probably yes, is the answer to your question. Yeah, the end of end of this conversation. That's got all in the local news up there. The Chatham County nine to one one dispatch team is woefully understaffed and has been for quite some time.
Speaker 1: Did they fire the individual?
Speaker 2: No? No, I mean that's just you know, you got a multitask man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Does Mickey Mickey d still have all day breakfast? You know what? By the time that I type this in, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I think it varies from location at this point.
Speaker 1: No, McDonald's no longer offers all day breakfast. It was discontinued in twenty twenty. Wow, I don't know how that got by us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you were a commuter in San Diego the last two days, this would be you need this like a hole in the head. So just before midday on Monday, some clown climbs up on an overpass, one of the overpasses on Interstate five, looking like we might have might have a jumper here. Police come out, They shut down the road underneath. Obviously they don't want, you know, a face planning oncoming traffic and a whole the backup begins. All right, yeah, the snarl begins. Hours pass. Oh god, they finally start a conversation with this guy.
Speaker 1: If you've ever dealt with California traffic, it is you think ours is bad?
Speaker 2: Enjoy that the man told police, and we've got California Highway Patrol and San Diego Police involved in this. Tells them, hours after this whole ordeal started, that he has no intention of jumping. He's not a fifty one to fifty, which is a Baker Act situation in California. He says, I'm not gonna jump, I'm not a fifty one to fifty, and I'm refusing voluntary admission. What I want. I'm attempting to break a record for quote time and occurrences on a bridge. He's trying to set a record for a standoff with police on an overpass.
Speaker 1: I would have gone up there and pushed him.
Speaker 2: This went on all day Monday and into Tuesday mornings commute. By this time, the traffic situation is just backed up everywhere in every which direction because of this clown.
Speaker 1: And he said it's in uh San Diego. Yeah, so you got the so cal aattitude. Pat, look right here behind the wheel, gone, bro, I just I just gotta get to work.
Speaker 2: He had no intention of coming down. I don't know what He was still there Tuesday night. He would have gone last night, so I don't know if he's come down yet. So I've been looking here for an update on this. I haven't had an update since last evening.
Speaker 1: He would have gone to the uh San fram Bridge, you know the Golden Gate but the nets. Yeah, well remember what I said about that, If you're gonna be a Golden Gate jumper, bring scissors with you.
Speaker 2: Scissors are a pocket knife, hut.
Speaker 1: So as soon as you hit the net and browns her out a little bit, just cut her down.
Speaker 2: So when you said that last time, I was like, dude, someone's gonna hear that and we're gonna take a lot of heat. No, I'm just saying it.
Speaker 1: If they're hell bad hat.
Speaker 2: If you're gotta do it, that is a picturesque I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Did you just forget about twenty years ago when we were on in Orlando and Tampa and we were rooting the guy on we had missed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a different time then, exactly. They just don't need to bring problems to us that we can easily avoid.
Speaker 1: It was crazy radio time back then, nineties radio. Somebody said, uh so what happened to the life in five months old?
Speaker 2: They sent police outs. There was no intruder. It was everything was It's just the whole process turned it into a big CF. That was a big CF. Though. With this San Diego kind of the overpass.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so pissed. Somebody said, arrest him for jaywalking just to get him out of the traffic.
Speaker 2: Well they should have, don't I know you? No, no, no, I'm just trying to think work the problems. As they would say in the military, you get the fire department underneath with their big net and then you say, look, dude, you either jump off the plot, do you come down on your own, walk off the overpass, jump, or we're gonna help you jump. Then you hit him with the taser. If he doesn't drop and he if you hit him with the taser. At that point, you got one or two things. He's either gonna drop or fall over the side. If he falls over the side, you got the safety net.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but then you have the chance, PAT of him stumbling. Look, he's one of the ones who's maybe on a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of drugs that he does this one.
Speaker 1: Pat, now you've got he's stumbling to the side as he's going down, and then he hits the very side of the net where the metal bar is or whatever, and it ends it like that. And it's really firefighters are running around like a you know, like a cartoon, Saturday morning cartoon.
Speaker 2: They even have those anymore Saturday morning cartoons.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that they would on like Cartoon Network and stuff.
Speaker 2: But hey, uh, I've got a headline in the week contender here. I think we may shut down the competition after this one. My personal opinion. But my personal opinion doesn't matter here. You all decide this ultimately before you do that, because I have to tape it. That's the new system. Also, he doesn't have to transcribe it, and then I transcribe it. Later when I have time. He was taken into custody. Somebody said, okay, good good, okay, so that guy, and thank you for sleuthing that out almost two days almost two days. Good morning, San Diego.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the other line, Ron Burgundy BW go, Yeah, exactly, BWO would have taste him two minutes in all right go.
Speaker 2: Cops investigating if foster mom gave up one of her children in exchange for a monkey. Thank you. I think that In Missouri, woman taken into custody as authorities investigate whether she gave up one of her foster children in exchange for a monkey.
Speaker 1: Come on, foster mom, we really want a monkey. And Joey over here is kind of an asshead.
Speaker 2: Let's do let's do it trade up. She's fostered more than two hundred children over the years. This is a check collector. Uh huh, check collector. That's her gimmick. I no disrespect anybody who are legitimate foster parents.
Speaker 1: Who do this. You know.
Speaker 2: There's the other side of this too, which is pretty ugly.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. There are Saturday cartoons. See you learn everything on this show.
Speaker 2: So do we shut down the headline of the week competition. That's it's gonna take something pretty strong to be the foster mom. Uh, giving up one of her kids in exchange for a monkey.
Speaker 1: I would normally say, yes, that's the headline of the week, but Pat, when you have things come to the plate like missus honey home, it's stung to death, nearly stung to death by a pack of bees, and okay, yeah, well you give you that's a that's a grand slam.
Speaker 2: There has been precedent, yes for a last minute entries and we do stuff. Two more days to go, so he said, Holy s this is the winner. Exchange for a monkey exactly my thoughts.
Speaker 1: W j r R, Orlando's rock station,