Speaker 1: One on one point three Katie w b with Fallon and Colts.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Actually did the Jason Show today. Then I went how to Beer with the Fox nine Cruise Show. Yeah, I know, I did the small ones. I was like, I have to be responsible, not be first show.
Speaker 3: Okay, I saw a cup in the back shot, so it's like mega sized.
Speaker 1: No it's not.
Speaker 3: It's small compared to like a game helmet five. I was like, to have a canial's just beer and sile what I did?
Speaker 1: Try? Finally, today they went and got me those fresh Amish donuts from Peaches. Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Like an hour line to get any of those. Do you do that?
Speaker 1: That's the thing about the difference between TV and radio. No one cares about radio, but people care about TV. So they gave it to them and I was like, hell yeah. So I'm out here there describing them like, yeah, they're they're like big, warm pillows of awesome. I'm like a guy in college described me the same way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so that's some people's preferences. Also, wait, pause, hold on, were you just implying.
Speaker 1: That my big pillows are quote unquote some people like that you are what.
Speaker 3: I gotta wait, I gotta ask you a serious question. I doubt it because it takes like an hour to get those donuts. How did you get them?
Speaker 4: I did it?
Speaker 2: Someone else went and got them.
Speaker 1: For me today? Is what they know. The people there and they're like, hey, Gleen bring Bounce, hasn't tried them. They're like, and they gave them like a.
Speaker 3: Box TV so awesome to be so cool. So you got to go, dude. You work with like beautiful people, you have golf cars, assistants getting you donuts, and then you come work with me, and what if you'ul towards me?
Speaker 1: I'm not well, it depends on the day, I guess. But we are live from Minnesota State Bear with Steven Sanchestik's like three fifty and four fifty. You know, it's fun.
Speaker 2: I always look at the show. We put it together like a little.
Speaker 1: Show sheet to give us an idea, like an outline of what we're.
Speaker 3: Going to do.
Speaker 1: While here, I think I know what you're gonna coming up this hour, Colt wrote in just aintal glands. So don't go anywhere because at some point we're talking. Nope, don't I'm.
Speaker 3: Like typing out the show sheet on the couch last night at like ten pm, and my wife glances over. She's like, oh nice, two forty a glance.
Speaker 1: And you guys get paid to do this. Okay, that is that's awesome. We have that coming up, Like Cole said, two forty on one on one point three, Katie, w B.
Speaker 3: I already know you're gonna judge me for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't know what it is, and I'm sure I will.
Speaker 3: I need you to settle down a little bit because I know you do the same thing. In fact, you want to even and began to help in the first place.
Speaker 1: What it's one on one point three Katie, you've even fallon and cold because you're like, who's that guy that is already screaming? Three seconds? And that's cold.
Speaker 3: So my wife was having a tough day.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The fair has been kind of brutal on my schedule because I've been burning the midnight oil. I've been working like twelve hours a day. Whatever, it's not it, I have other responsibilities. Listen, I'm not complaining. All I'm saying is I feel bad for my wife because you at home with the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Literally, and then she gets the exhausted grumpy version of you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So last night whatever happened and my wife needed a little cheering up. So I'm like, all right, I'll go to Trader Joe's and I'll get some wine and some chocolate after the kids went down. Cool. Go to Trader Joe's. As I'm leaving, this elderly woman is walking out, just going slower than molasses. And I'm like, all right, you know, I'm gonna help her out a little bit. I'm like, do you need help unloading your groceries into your car?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah I do. So I go my go over, push your car to the car, unload the groceries. I take her car back, and then she's waving me down. I'm like, I don't know, but maybe I missed something. And I'm like, do you need help? She's like, all of my tires are low on air. No you help feel me? This is this is a like eight fifteen pm Trader Joe's off of Excels here. It's crazy, and I'm like, okay, yeah, I thought she just needed one tire, So I do the rear driver's side tire, blow it up. What she had an air compressor, and I pump it up, and she's like, can you get the other one. I'm like, okay, and time is just I have limited amount of time. I'm trying to get back to my grumpy wife.
Speaker 1: This only happens to people like you.
Speaker 3: I was never so then I go to the next tire. I fill it up, and then she asked me to do the two front and I said no, I didn't complete the task.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, see, I don't blame you. She was getting a little greedy at that point. I used to have a neighbor who was older, and she would take advantage that so much because she knew people felt guilty saying no to her. But she would like, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: She would have.
Speaker 2: People do the crazy.
Speaker 1: She had people moult her entire yard and she's like.
Speaker 3: Oh I.
Speaker 2: I'm like, she is tricking you. I see her gardens every day. Yeah, she was gardening all the time.
Speaker 1: I was like, she is lying right now.
Speaker 3: I did feel bad, but at the same time, I'm like, dude, am I going to change your oil? After the tires?
Speaker 1: It was definitely coming.
Speaker 3: Can only do so much.
Speaker 1: Bamboozled you so oh hard. That's something Jake would do Also, that's the kind of thing where Jen would think you're cheating and you're like, no, I swear.
Speaker 3: With the old ladies tire check the cameras exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, you were go for three hours of Trader Joe's my ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, and I did forget like bananas. So that was the thing. Like as soon as I was She's like, you didn't get bananas. I'm like, I helped an elderly woman.
Speaker 2: She doesn't care.
Speaker 1: She needs you to help your family. And it's funny. Jen and I we have this conversation. Cole is like, famous, infamous, I should add for not actually reading anything we send to him. Yeah, any email sent by our bosses. I'm like, oh, we have to do this mentioned today and Cole like we talking about him like you were on the email. And Jen will be like, yeah, I send him with grocery list and he comes back with one third of the items. It's a list I've written out and he just will skip half of them.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm here, I'm the talent baby. I don't read things. No, I'm kidding. It's the crazy I'm kidding. It is try. I need to get better at that. Maybe in twenty twenty five. I'll make that my my New Year's resolution. We'll give it a couple of months, so.
Speaker 1: You're giving yourself some grace period.
Speaker 2: Then okay, you guys.
Speaker 3: Say you could just start now to read through?
Speaker 1: Could you start now?
Speaker 3: I just get so impatient, Like it's like, I gotta read three more.
Speaker 1: Paragraphs sentence and it says red and I know you didn't read it. It's lying.
Speaker 3: I I need a reader, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: You want to hire an assistant that just reads stuff?
Speaker 3: D What the thing is? I won't even listen to that, Like, what did you tell me that?
Speaker 1: That's other thing you I've said, you never told me that, And she's like, I've told you that. Thirteen s Sleney Gomez.
Speaker 2: Guess what?
Speaker 1: She has a ring on her finger, y'all.
Speaker 4: It's the Pop Culture Minute with Felon and Cult on one on one three.
Speaker 3: K d W.
Speaker 1: It's brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lenz. So of course Patrick Mahomes he's getting interviewed and why they asked him about Taylor Sweft, and he said, meeting Taylor, realizing how genuine and cool she is, that's been special to me because, like you said, she's the most famous person in the world. But he said she's actually really interested in football and she asks a lot of great questions. He said, she's already drawing up plays, so we might actually have to put one in. Of course, she's just I mean, the girl is a genius, and I don't I think she was pretty open, Like she's never dated anyone in sports before. She's not a celebrity who's been seen at like sporting events. I think she's been to a couple of basketball games. But it's great that she's actually showing interest in what her partner does better than me. Jake like, so, yeah, I was doing this the murmur murmur, and that's all I hear at work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, ah, meanwhile, he helps you with stuff.
Speaker 1: Or she doesn't want me to help him with his job because his is like serious and important and mine is like, hey, Jake, help me think of something. As Stoner would say, that's something really cool.
Speaker 3: For him, you'd be like, maybe you guys should play categories during a meeting or something.
Speaker 1: That's the worst idea you've ever had. I used to try to get him to like his is uh. He had to do like a community service thing with his coworkers every year. I used to try to get to come pick up trash with the Morning Show, and he'd always be like, no, all right, okay, cool col cool Slidi Gomez out and about with an engagement ring. Now, remember she posted a photo and put like a little emoji over that hand, so everyone was like, assuming she and Benny Blanco are engaged. Well, it kind of feels like they are love and yeah, good for them, Like good for them. I don't know if you've been following any of this, and I don't have every single detail, but now that there is a nine one one call that's been released, but Nikki Bella and her husband Artem there was a domestic abuse call made. He was arrested. I guess before the police got there and arrested him, he then called nine one one and said she threw shoes at him. I think he was probably trying to make sure there was some evidence that it was a combination of things not looking good. I mean, they've talked about going to a couple's therapy and it's not going well and that I don't know all the details, but not not looking good.
Speaker 3: I know, dodge a couple shoes and not attack someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, So it's very, very, very messy. But that is your pop culture minute.
Speaker 2: I do think there are some.
Speaker 1: New things that are coming to streaming this weekend. I wanted to bring up or like coming like within the next week. Yes, it's coming this week because obviously we have Labor Day weekend, so pretty much nothing is going on. But then they're going to kick off. On the fourth, I believe is new season of Tell Me Lies. I love that show on Hulu. Maybe spend the Labor Day weekend, probably outside, but if you're like me and you want to be in the ac catching up with season one. And then on the fifth there's the new Nicole Kidman Show on Netflix, which looks really good. So some things, you know, because September usually signifies the new seasons of shows yep, which is very exciting because you know, I love me some TV. We are live at the Minnesota Fair. It's one on one point three KATIEWB with Ballon and Cult. We're live from the Minnesota State Fair at shout to Southwest Transit, our sponsor.
Speaker 2: While where out here?
Speaker 1: So I see we have scheduled something called anal gland So what's up.
Speaker 3: So what's up. Well, a couple of weeks ago, we were doing what you been thinking, what we're gonna do at five today? And you were talking about expressing, expressing how do you.
Speaker 1: Say it, expressing expresso?
Speaker 3: You were me espressoing your dog Dolly's anal gland.
Speaker 1: I never said I do.
Speaker 3: No, you literally said you should see my dog, Dolly. It's like a big black hole in my hand. Just it's like your eyes just gravitate.
Speaker 1: Towards you're doing what you do, which is rage baiting. I said I can tell when she needs them express because there's a scent. I did not say I do it. I said when she goes to the groomer gets done. And I did say her hole is massive, and it's like a dark black hole. If you get catch eye contact with it, it'll suck you in.
Speaker 3: So, dude, I was on the couch on your couch. I guess it is your couch.
Speaker 1: I did give you my old couch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Jen's like, oh, his breast smelts like fish or something, and I was like, yeah, we got to, you know, brush his teeth or whatever. And then I get closer and I'm like, I don't think that's his bread, and I start googling. It's like, oh, no, I've never I've had dogs my whole life. They have never had this issue with their side.
Speaker 1: Dogs are outside dogs.
Speaker 3: They were both they were inside. I never noticed what they were inside.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so not every dog, I guess needs to.
Speaker 3: So then I start YouTube and because I'm like, I'm not going to go to the vet. That seems expensive. How do I express my own dog's playing right? And Jen was not having any part of it. I was actually mad. I was like, this is both of our responsibility. It's not just my dog.
Speaker 1: I didn't with the kids all day every day while you've been at the state fair, so you're now on dog duty.
Speaker 3: So I got on a rubber glove and I.
Speaker 1: Literally, you have rubber gloves your house?
Speaker 3: Well, my wife does. I put on her small which is just my hand ripping through it, and I was like, literally, I was like, if I'm doing this, you gotta lock eyes with me, like you gotta look me in the eyes as I expressed this dog's glands and it works. He's fine, he's good, he's.
Speaker 1: Did you get both sides or just one?
Speaker 3: I got both sides, but I'm mad at you because I feel like you willed this into my life. This was the other thing. This was going you're my daddy.
Speaker 1: And like whatever else you said to me, justling me overgett your dogs ain'tal God.
Speaker 3: I never had an issue until you brought it up. And it's like a simulation thing. As soon as you said it, somehow got into my life and I spent my Tuesday night doings.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a personal problem.
Speaker 3: Well that is true.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you got your dog groomed occasionally, you'd have someone else doing it for you.
Speaker 3: I groom him aka me cutting your hair whenever you.
Speaker 1: Can tell, I can tell, I'm kidding, all right, Well, don't touch me at all.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a lot of washing of hands, doubtful fingers.
Speaker 1: O my god, row, I don't know, dude, It's like the thirtieth day of the fair.
Speaker 3: I'm losing my mind.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 1: This is the craziest day at the fair. If you're coming out today, jes don't just I'm sorry, like prepared to park forty miles.
Speaker 3: It is gonna be rough. But yeah, you have a slim amount of days lab but I don't think your days are going to get any less busy.
Speaker 1: It's that's probably true because the weather's been the craziest I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: Also at the fair, so a lot of people were like, I'm not going to go today because it's going to rain.
Speaker 1: And then everyone waited for today, every single person. We're going to come back. We have some cool tickets to give away. We have, like I said Stephen Sanchez at three fifty and four fifty Princess, it's one oh one point three, katiew Is Ballon and Colt. We're live from the Minnesota State Fair.
Speaker 2: The number of people and I feel bad.
Speaker 1: Doing this because like, if you're coming out here, you're coming out here, I think you have to get ready to settle into the lines for the things you really want. Oh yeah, multiple people have said today they's like drop their kids to day care, came here today. And then some other people said, oh, we brought our kid for the first time and we're immediately Because Jake came out earlier with my daughter Olive.
Speaker 2: We did a big slide.
Speaker 1: We did one ride which he said, by the way, he's I think she was too short. He said, she almost flew out. He had a hold on to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like liability.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you, by the way, how crazy it's getting with actual games. Here we walk up the person working the game almost of the carney, and that's not I don't think politically correct anymore.
Speaker 3: Wait, carney, you can say, okay, she goes.
Speaker 2: She goes, here's the dill.
Speaker 1: Parents, You pick which stuffy you want, and you just pay me the amount, and then your kid can pick up ducks. Can I start dying laughing and olive, like I want that duck. So Jake's like, here's the money, and she goes, all right, kid, you can pick.
Speaker 2: Up four ducks. Didn't matter.
Speaker 1: The ducks meant nothing. The ducks meant nothing, all of it, no, all of didn't know. No, it's like the duck where you look at the number on the bottom, so you do nothing, did nothing, and the woman's like, yay, you're a winner and gave her the duck. Can we already pay for it?
Speaker 3: Okay, that would actually be me as a carne though I've been doing such a stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what's happening. Just here's the amount, guys. If you want stuff inna.
Speaker 3: I'd be lyting people cut I'm like, if you give me a twenty. You can come to the front of line.
Speaker 1: Oh, you'd be the sketchiest Carnie ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not talling up, but if you give me like, you know, do you remember a scene.
Speaker 1: In Joe Dirt when he's like leaning against the ride is like mullets blowing in the wind. I once had a moment like that at the four H County Fair in Clark County, Indiana, where I was like, oh, I thought, for some reason, I thought the carney was hot, and like, because I was in high school. Looking back, I'm like, I was like and then he started being like a little weird about it, and I was like, oh wait, you're an adult.
Speaker 2: Gross of out of here.
Speaker 3: Listen. Not all carnies are like that, though.
Speaker 1: You Yeah, that was one bad depiction.
Speaker 3: I need you to go around and you're gonna find a hot carnie. Now you're gonna apologize for what you just said. You're gonna make you know what.
Speaker 1: They First of all, any carne listening knows that if I'm from Indiana, we are the same people. Okay, yeah I am. I am a Carney with just a microphone.
Speaker 2: That's the difference. There is no difference.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: Out like right now, I guess your weight.
Speaker 1: That is true, you're pretty Let me get your weight. Oh wait, what do you want to wait to guess your weight for a price? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? Lower two lower, No.
Speaker 1: I know it's not lower. You told me your weight when you were on your weight loss challenge. Lower two twelve, lower two hundred.
Speaker 3: You got to go one seventies. Baby, I would.
Speaker 1: Never guess what's seventy for you? I'm sorry. You have very pleasant buzz offs.
Speaker 3: So you have to hook up with a Carnie or No. I don't want to play this game mind. I don't know what we're doing anymore.
Speaker 1: The one starting the game I did want to mention totally. A side note, we have lots of cool prices. You can always win concert tickets when you go online. But one that I'm really excited about is the new Little merd Maid at the play at the Ordway. And I want to go to this really bad, but they did give us tickets. You can go to KDWB dot com keyword contest and while we're out and about, we may have a pair to give away. It's like first come, first serve basically, and they have like twenty twe on one point three KTEW you with Fallon and Cult. We're live from the Minnesota State Fair. We have three hours left out here shut out to Southwest Transit four sponsoring US. I saw the craziest story about Ben Franklin, Yes, a forefather, and a letter he wrote to a guy, and I was like, col You're.
Speaker 2: Not gonna believe this.
Speaker 1: We're going to do it in the unbelievable story of the day. I know this is a weird tease a little bit. Spenis on ktw Today's trending with on one on one point three Katie w B and it's brought to you by nicolay Law dot com. We are live from the Minnesota State Fair. And uh, I don't know if you've you know obviously no, it's a Labor Day weekend. I will tell you it is crazy busy out the fair. I'm going to guess for the next like the last few days, it's going to be like this every day. But they a lot of people actually think you should set resolutions in like September, because it's kind of a reset anyway. People are going back to school. They're like, why do we do January and it's like, cause you've been doing all the holiday stuff, so you just kind of want to recep.
Speaker 2: But you could choose whenever.
Speaker 1: And they always talk about dry January, where the well, the latest trend is sober September, and it's where you take a break from booze after all the summer parties and before the upcoming holiday over indulgence, So September, Sober September might be a good idea.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that because it used to be. I've heard of sober October. But what sucks is Halloween lands in October, and it's super fun to drink on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe it used to be.
Speaker 1: I'm up walking the streets getting candy with my kid now. Last year was the coldest Halloween ever. We went to like two places and we were like, it's too cold.
Speaker 3: We went back into the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very, very bizarre.
Speaker 3: Did you get candy for yourself and then eat it all?
Speaker 1: First of all, yes, that's.
Speaker 3: What I do.
Speaker 1: Like all of the good news, Like I like the chocolate. My daughter she's like a typical kids.
Speaker 2: She likes like the.
Speaker 1: Gummy Bears, the Smarties, that kind of candy. So it works out really perfectly, honestly. Also, if you love to sleep in on the weekends after a long work week, you're doing something right. So new research suggests that getting extra sleep on the weekend decreases your risk of developing heart disease. Oh so, my husband's always like, you're.
Speaker 2: Ladies to get out of bed.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nah, I'm trying to stay healthier longer for family. You're welcome. Yeah. One one point three katiewb with Fallon and Cold and your summer school pop quiz. As we've been doing live from the Minnesota State Fair. We grabbed people from the crowd and forced them to do a little trivia today.
Speaker 2: So please introduce.
Speaker 1: Yourselves, Kim Kayley and where you guys from Maple Grove. I'm from Saint Louis Park. Okay, what's the what's the best thing you guys have had at the State Fair so far? And because you chose the craziest day to come, by the way I have been seeing, this is the biggest amount of people of any day we've been here.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: I was also here Monday when it was horrific.
Speaker 1: Oh, the worst weather ever.
Speaker 3: Yes, great Asa Buria Taquito's oh, best thing I've had.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, you know it sounds amazing. So we're gonna ask you some trivia questions. If you know the answer, you just jump in the first two wins.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. First question is a state fair related question, which and there are multiple which.
Speaker 2: US presidents have.
Speaker 1: Visited the state there at one time during their life. There are one, two, three, four, five that have yeah. Five, I will tell you this. It's gonna be before your time, okay, So that will.
Speaker 2: Be your help.
Speaker 1: You could almost throw pretty much any popular one, and it might might be Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, you're.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous with Lincoln drops no okay, JF John no, jfk no jfk Okay, Reagan? No h lie, you did choose okay, Dad, Coolidge, Eisenhower, Harding, Roosevelt.
Speaker 2: And taftay never sorry.
Speaker 1: Start guys, all right.
Speaker 2: Question number two.
Speaker 1: Now, there is like a common expression with this that might help you answer. What's the fastest muscle in the body?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard someone okay, tongue and that was literally the first thing that came to mind.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've read them, not Tom, It is not Tom.
Speaker 2: I know you're in the right region.
Speaker 1: I is correct, and the.
Speaker 2: Get it. It's very very quick.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Question number three, what's the main ingredient in chocolate? Milk not milk?
Speaker 2: Sugar not sugar?
Speaker 4: The third.
Speaker 2: All right, question number four?
Speaker 1: In what city is the famous Golden gate Bridge located?
Speaker 3: And Francisco?
Speaker 1: Yes, there we go, there we go. We have a winner, so smart, Thank you so much for playing today.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the unbelievable story of the day on one oh one point three.
Speaker 2: Kt w B.
Speaker 1: It's not often that an unbelievable story of the day it will come from seventeen forty five the year. Okay, usually it would be something that just happened in the news. But I saw this and was like, this is crazy. So apparently Benjamin Franklin wrote a now famous letter to a young man who was asking for advice on ways to control his sexual urges.
Speaker 3: What firstly we used to control it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well back then, remember like now, if you're horny, you can just like be like, I'm horny.
Speaker 2: I want to do something about it.
Speaker 1: But back then it was like you got to be married, get you can't be like talking about this same Okay, so.
Speaker 3: You're saying, Okay, so you're saying like you had to wait till marriage back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also even during marriage, I don't even know if like you could be talking about having sexual Yeah, I mean people didn't. I mean, I'm sure there obviously there were people like.
Speaker 3: But what happened to Ben Franklin for that?
Speaker 1: What I feel like the guy they now listen to what he said. This is the point of the story. Firstly, Franklin told him the proper solution was to marry. However, he did provide supplementary council on how to take a mistress in case the reader did not choose to marry.
Speaker 2: In the letter, I can't even like.
Speaker 1: Completely read this because it's aggressive. In the letter, he listed eight reasons why an older mistress was preferable to a younger one. So, first of all, old Benny f was a big fan of milks. Okay, but he said one of the reasons because in every animal that walks upright the okay, I came and read this, but I will the deficiency of the fluids that fill the muscles appear first in the highest part. The face first grows lank and wrinkled, then the neck, then the breasts and arms. The lower parts, he said, are the last and they remain plump. AKA. He was given advice that if you throw a bag on it, it doesn't matter the age, just go for the older woman.
Speaker 2: What in the act this? You can actually look this letter up.
Speaker 1: Because it's become famous. So basically, like I said, old Benny F loved himself a mills, he loved the cougar.
Speaker 2: And that's fine.
Speaker 3: You're a mom now, yes, thank you. Would you smash your past Benny F?
Speaker 2: What's in his bank?
Speaker 3: I mean, didn't he create electricity? Or is that not the guy? It's rich.
Speaker 1: That could have been one of those things where it's like, oh thanks Ben, and then later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, back then they probably thought he was a wizard or a god or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that could go. Well, if you were a woman, you would have probably been in trouble and been witchcraft. Is it the guy? Of course you're like, oh, what a legends.
Speaker 2: It probably was a woman, and he took all.
Speaker 1: The credit for it.
Speaker 3: Probably was one of his milts, just like it was probably one of his mills bedside manners. He was just talking about electricity, was.
Speaker 1: Like, that's so great, shut up, put your bag back on.
Speaker 3: That is the greatest, uh, great ideas that I'm going to steal it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Was that your Ben Franks? That impression you just did?
Speaker 3: No, I think I think thank.
Speaker 1: You so very much.
Speaker 3: Probably more like that is such a great idea. I think that I'm going to steal.
Speaker 1: That's one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt.
Speaker 2: It is the final day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh buck.
Speaker 3: Crack, butt crack. You're gonna miss that.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I know it's been a minute too.
Speaker 2: It's been so busy.
Speaker 1: I haven't had a chance to like just actually experience the crack.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, the buck crack.
Speaker 1: I'm busy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we do have tickets for Steven Sanchez.
Speaker 1: His show is here tomorrow night at the Minnesota State Fair.
Speaker 2: This is your final chance tickets.
Speaker 1: We have them right now. Just text in with like a random text at five three, nine to two one KATIEWB one and then one final.
Speaker 2: Chance at four fifty.
Speaker 1: So good. One on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Cold. We're live from the Minnesota State Fair. Shout out to Southwest Transit for sponsoring us. We do still have shirts. Even though this is our last day. You can get the shirts all weekend on Labor Day. We're in Karrosel Park. We're sandwich between like w CEO and Kathan and I will say this as crazy packed as it is, this little area is sandwiched in perfectly where it's like shaded and there aren't a ton of people around. So I'm just throwing that out there. Yeah, so it's a good spots to stop out.
Speaker 2: And grab a shirt and hang out. When do we have coming up?
Speaker 1: Colt?
Speaker 3: Oh, we have categ Princess K.
Speaker 1: Gotcha you're ready for it that. I'm so excited for Princess K. She's joining us for radio scategories. We come back on Katie Woo. It's one on one point three Katie w B with Fallon and Colt. We are live from the Minnesota State Fair. And I am so excited because we have first of all, have never even met royalty before.
Speaker 2: So it's a big day.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean cold, did you do like some kind of like bow or curtsy or salute when she walted little bow?
Speaker 2: Beautiful?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we have Princess K joining us today. She has a real name, obviously, Rachel. Hi, Rachel, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to be here, I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is uh, you just were crowned.
Speaker 2: How long ago now?
Speaker 4: Wednesday?
Speaker 5: The Wednesday, Wednesday the twenty first, so the Wednesday right before the state Fair started.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is the most surprising thing that has happened or like that you didn't realize would be a part of this whole experience since you became Princess.
Speaker 5: K Probably the amount of media appearances that I've had in the last nine days. That's something that I wasn't very familiar with before this.
Speaker 1: So that's been.
Speaker 4: That's been.
Speaker 5: It's really cool to see kind of the other side of TV broadcasting and radio as yeah and super cool.
Speaker 2: Well, we're excited to have you. We play a.
Speaker 1: Game called Radio Scategories.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you have you ever played actual.
Speaker 1: Categories with your fan wile yet I have Okay, I have faith in you. The good news is you're teaming up against cult today. We'll see how it goes. So we give you ten categories and a letter. You have sixty seconds to answer. Okay, we're gonna kick it off with you. So Colt has to leave the area so you can't sheet because he will try.
Speaker 2: He probably the blast of the door back there.
Speaker 1: And he usually will say get out, get gone, you know, really classic. Okay, So here we go. Your letter is c okay, okay, and your sixty seconds actually have to write these down.
Speaker 2: That's how it works.
Speaker 1: I'm really professional here okay, and your time starts now. Ice cream flavors, chocolate chip, things found on a dairy farm, hows types of cheese, cheddar, flavors of yogurt, and if you don't know, just say skip it. We'll come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll skip.
Speaker 1: Okay, something you put on, put butter on?
Speaker 4: Uh, crackers.
Speaker 1: Four syllable words skip good, qualities for a friend, cheerful, words associated with self care, clean weather, cloudy, things associated with summer.
Speaker 5: Ooh skip okay. Flavors of yogurt, Oh boy, the service C I know, I know, goodness is there chocolate yogurt.
Speaker 1: We'll try it. We'll try it, okay. Things associated with summer.
Speaker 4: Uh oh boy? Uh cheerleading.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that is your time.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Listen, you got something for.
Speaker 1: Like every single so this should be good. We're gonna call Colt back in perfect and it's one one point three KATIEWB with radios categories Fallon and Colt. And also we have Princess Kay joining us. Her name is Rachel. Thanks for being here, Rachel, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: She did a round one. She did really well.
Speaker 5: Colt.
Speaker 1: Just so you're we were just talking about like all the different duties that she has. But one thing, and Colt, I don't know if you realize this. So Colt just moved back. He was here in like twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen. She has to sit in like a freezer while they skull her face into butter.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So there is the butter booth in the dairy building.
Speaker 5: And so I actually spent last Thursday and Friday in the butter booth and it's about forty degrees in there. So I was bundled up in my snowpants on my winter jacket and for two days I sat there while Jerry, our sculptor, sculpted my likeness into ninety pounds of butter. And we actually take all of that butter home.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, you keep the butter.
Speaker 4: We keep all ninety pounds.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's amazing. Listen, in this economy, that is great to have some free butter. Okay, that's why she did the pageant, because she.
Speaker 2: Got the free butter.
Speaker 3: That was you could pay for a whole college.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna go through round two cold if you're ready. Yeah, okay, your letter is c ah why.
Speaker 2: He gets upset with every letter.
Speaker 1: It's just an ongoing bit, and your time starts now. Ice cream flavors, chocolate, things down on a dairy farm, cows, types of cheese, cheese, all right, flavors of yogurt.
Speaker 3: Flavors of yogurt, cucumber, something you put butter on. Something you put butter on, cinnamon's toast.
Speaker 1: Okay for syllable words, wait for.
Speaker 3: Syllable Yeah, I know you can skip it if you want, Okay, ask it.
Speaker 1: Good qualities for a friend, charismatic words associated with self.
Speaker 3: Care, communicating weather, cumulus, clouds.
Speaker 1: Things associated with summer.
Speaker 3: Uh, associated with summer, country fair times.
Speaker 2: Did you mean county fair?
Speaker 3: Yes, country fair? Dang, I'm county fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's probably gonna happen for you. Then, all right, let's run through these and see who got the most correct ice cream flavors.
Speaker 2: Rachel had chocolate chip. That's two points.
Speaker 3: I had chocolate already.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Things found on a dairy farm. You both had cows, no point types of cheese. Princess Kovi had cheddar Cult held cream, which counts. Uh. Something you put butter on. We have cracker from Rachel, and we have cucumber from cult.
Speaker 3: Wait, no, that was you said, yogurt flavors.
Speaker 1: Right, you're right, you're right, right, you're right, you're right. I did try to skip a point, but you're not getting cucumber yogurt. By the way, I've cucumber yogurt.
Speaker 3: Is not let me google it, no point cucumber.
Speaker 1: Rachel had chocolate yogurt, which we are going to give to her.
Speaker 3: Cute comber yogurt right here, Look at this. That is not.
Speaker 1: Fat yogurt to Zeke like you're doing those Greek Mediterranean yogurt. You know what, fine, Colt, if you're that pathetic, I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 2: You're really desperate for it.
Speaker 3: I am the peasant in the situation going against the princess.
Speaker 1: All right, four syllable words, Uh, nothing but cold. You did have cinnamon toast for things you put butter on? That does count good qualities for a friend. Rachel said cheerful, and you said charismatic. Both count nice.
Speaker 2: Words associated with self care.
Speaker 1: Rachel had clean and you had communicating. Yeah, I mean I think that's I'll give you the point.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you should talk to people if you have to.
Speaker 1: Whether Rachel had cloudy, you had cumulus clouds, you're getting one point?
Speaker 2: What thanks associated with summer?
Speaker 1: She had cheerleading and you had country fair, which does not count. Zero points for that one, all right, Rachel had one two, three, four, five, six seven, eight nine points to colds one two, three, four, five six seven Rachel, what we knew? We knew Princess K was gonna Beacha. You made it easy, do you guy?
Speaker 3: Everything? You've got the crowd, you got the butter, you got the win.
Speaker 2: Thank you for playing. We appreciate you stopping.
Speaker 1: By the booth.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Okay, and how where people can see you? Over at the dairy bar? Right, I will be in the dairy bill. It's the Pop.
Speaker 3: Culture Minute with Felon and Cult on one on one three d w B.
Speaker 1: And it's brought to you by Ova Lisa Ga Lenz. If you go to TMC, I mean, every story is the Nicki Bella Artom domestic violence arrest, which is a terrible, terrible story. But a lot of people are saying, because I'm not gonna say every single story is about this, they're saying it did not come out of left field, at least according to people who know them. They say the relationship has always been volatile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's what they're saying. But I don't know. Some people seem shocked.
Speaker 1: Other like members of the Dancing with the Stars casts, are saying they're not entirely shocked.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They say, he claims NICKI threw shoes at him during a heated exchange and he was arrested. They both call the police. So, yeah, that's that's insanct.
Speaker 3: Shoes thrown at you. I mean my mom has thrown shoes at me before. Yes, and it is a weird experience, but I never wanted to throw hands afterwards.
Speaker 1: Something that's well, No, that's also because you're a sane person.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Travis Scott.
Speaker 1: The trespassing charge, because you remember he's been rested a couple of times. This one was a Miami beach. That charge has been dropped, So I mean, congrats.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't think he was worried about it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so considered, he continues, got to fight with his bodyguard recently. It was like arrested.
Speaker 3: I mean the guy your bodyguard. Your bodyguard is like.
Speaker 2: He did though.
Speaker 1: Slide Gomez spotted with an engagement ring. Now, remember she posted a photo and she put like a little emoji over that finger, so people kind of already assumed and she still hasn't confirmed it, but she does have a ring on that hand.
Speaker 2: Of course, there are rumors that she's engaged to Benny.
Speaker 3: If it's a promise ring, I feel like if you're over the age, you shouldn't have a promise ring.
Speaker 1: You know what is happening? Why is this year? Water models? So we're at the katiewb booth. Colligan Water provides this water shout out. I don't know, maybe pay for it, and they said bring in your own cups, so I brought a Stanley cup in. Everyone has water bottles. I just looked over cold has the actual blue Culigan.
Speaker 3: Take a little video put on Instagram say well, dude, I forgot my water bottle and I'm just been like, why not?
Speaker 1: That's insane?
Speaker 2: You need help.
Speaker 3: You gotta get that baby annoy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Also one more story. Patrick Mahomes, of course, being interviewed about Taylor Swift, he said that she's really showing a lot of interest in stop laughing at yourself, showing a lot of interest in football, and so she asks a lot of great questions. She's even been riding up plays for him. He said, he might actually put one in the game, and that would be so sick.
Speaker 3: Imagine she just starts, She's like an offensive coordinator next year.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't blame them.
Speaker 1: Now, the whatever network shows football, they admitted with the NFL network anyway, they admitted that, yeah, there was a huge increase. We knew that, but in viewership they said it absolutely is true. So that no surprise, Swifties go hard. That is your pop culture minute, brought to you by Ovo, Lasic and Lens and Salent and cult.
Speaker 2: On one on one point three kd w B.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm worried about letting this guy talk, Eric, because not that long ago we allowed a guy named Adam to deliver a PSA to women and that backfired. So Eric, I'm hoping yours is less triggering, but yours is like actually more of a personal story.
Speaker 2: So what's going on?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, me, my girlfriend are having some issues. We went to a party a few weeks back and something happened at it, and we're still arguing about it, okay, and yeah, so I guess I'll just come out with it. Her her best friend was in town and after a few drinks, like, we went into grab some food and I came back out to the bonfire at this party we were at, and she was like throat deep into her friend's mouth, Like.
Speaker 1: Why are you so ready with that at all times? Number one? Also, this is like a serious thing. Take this guy seriously. I'm sorry about that. Eric, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Oh it's okay, I get it. Like, God, she's making out with her best friend there, and like I didn't say anything about it at the time because like, you know, we're at a party and how would I even bring that up? But like, later on I mentioned it to one of my guy friends and the only thing he said was like, oh, that's hot.
Speaker 1: So he's so he's at the same level as cults.
Speaker 2: Basically, Okay, guys, nah, you shouldn't.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, I don't think it's hot. I think it's cheating. Uh huh that if she respected me, she wouldn't have been doing that, especially right in front of me, Like, I don't know, She's that it was innocent, and then I'm overreacting. I don't know. It just told me like she's not ready for a relationship, and I'm not sure where to go from here.
Speaker 1: You know, I think that there are a lot this isn't in one of those interesting I wouldn't say age old the like kind of topics where because like my friend lul in college had a friend who went through that she like would go to parties and drake and make out with girls as like a joke. She was never actually into them, but she had a boyfriend and they eventually got engaged and he was mad about it. He was like, no, that's cheating, so he went and made out with another girl to quote unquote make it even. She's like no, like that's actually cheating, Like I was doing it at a party in front of people. But I think if that's crossing a line for you, then that is a boundary you should set. Maybe it's something she didn't know, Maybe it's something you can just say, hey, I didn't like that moving forward, that's like a boundary for me because I don't think that's hot.
Speaker 3: That bothers me, And do you think it's all about the cheating or do you think it's like about like self respect in a way, like you don't want your you know, girl friend out there making out with another woman in front of like everybody at a party, Like it's it's kind of like wild girl type of vibes. Are you more annoyed about that or like the cheating?
Speaker 6: If I'm be real, it's a little colin, a little colin be I mean, there's that's true. I don't want my girlfriend or you know, if I'm in a relationship with someone, they shouldn't be on anybody else's body. Guy, girl, I don't care. Like that's smoketly between you and me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think if, yeah, if I was at a party and I came out and Jake was making out with another dude, I'd be like, no, what the hell, what's happening? Oh?
Speaker 3: That'd be hot?
Speaker 1: Kind of you cannot stop yourself, stop it. I was waiting for you to hit it. Go ahead, I know you want.
Speaker 2: To so embarrassing beatlashing Eric.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you were looking for any advice or anything, if you were just kind of like venting.
Speaker 2: But I think the easiest answer is.
Speaker 1: You have to set that boundary with her and if it's something she's not going to be like, stop doing evaluate if that's someone you do want to continue in a serious relationship with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you're right. I think I needed to hear someone saying, yeah, well I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I'm sorry going through that because it's like it's bizarre because like, yeah, you have like the people like Colt who are like making you think you should think it's.
Speaker 3: Hot, but you're all right.
Speaker 1: Twe on one point three Katie WB with Ballon and Cold Lie from the Minnesota State Fair taking off our final hour here?
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: I keep saying our final hour, it's my final hour and hours as a show. But Cold you are going to be out here again, one final time here.
Speaker 3: To be here on Sunday, God willing. What are your hours?
Speaker 1: People want to come see what Summer's.
Speaker 3: Wants to see me nobody.
Speaker 2: I actually have a story.
Speaker 1: To tell you about something that happened to me in the bathroom yesterday and it involved you, and that sounds weird.
Speaker 2: I will tell you and we'll come back with what you've been thinking on.
Speaker 3: So what you've been thinking.
Speaker 1: It's like crazy when people are like so drunk and they just lose all self awareness and social distancing space. Like I went to the bathroom and I don't mind people saying hiding me in the bathroom or asking for a photo when I'm out off the toilet. But someone cornered me for like ten minutes last night as I was trying to leave to tell me that they think you're hot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't need that.
Speaker 2: I didn't need that.
Speaker 1: I was like, go tell him were they hot?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I couldn't see past.
Speaker 3: The hot, I'm hot nice.
Speaker 2: I'm being nice.
Speaker 1: They were real.
Speaker 3: Dry, and I just I liked that they had to get drunk to think I'm hot, by I.
Speaker 1: Think they thought. I think they gave him the confidence to say it out loud, maybe.
Speaker 3: Thanking. Hey what weird? Though, was like, yeah, I'm not cooking this fish. I'm gonna eat it raw, wrapped.
Speaker 2: In rice, balid ballad.
Speaker 3: You know the level of laziness. So they're like, I'm gonna risk it.
Speaker 2: That is a risk, Like how do you get it? Because every food.
Speaker 1: Item you had to like risk it at some point did they run.
Speaker 3: Out of like flint? Like did they not? Can they? Could they not start a fire? And they're like, you know what the salmon. I just I'm just.
Speaker 1: Really hot that day and they were like.
Speaker 3: I saw a bear do it down Yonder. I think I'm gonna try it out myself.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone said down Yonder when they were creating sushi, that's crazy down Yonder.
Speaker 3: Well hey, no, listen, listen past we used to know what we know which fruit is healthy because we used to stalk bird and see what they ate. And they're like, if the bird didn't die, we're not going to die. So maybe that's what I don't know. Listen, this is just what I've been.
Speaker 2: Thinking that I didn't even know that birds are crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, why why is it when you do like a twenty minute nap, it feels like you slept for eight hours, But if you actually get like a decent three hour nap, it feels like you slept for two minutes and you just feel like craft the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: But what is that?
Speaker 3: Did you go from a two minute nap your your whole world is rock It takes you at least an hour to get acclimated to talk to people.
Speaker 2: You said a two minute hour.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That's basically like I woke up for a two minute nap.
Speaker 2: Now give me two hours.
Speaker 3: And when you take a two minute nap, you wake up and your whole life changed. Oh you don't know what's going on where you You're so disorganized? Is it?
Speaker 1: What day is it?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's how you know you have kids?
Speaker 1: If but two, if you can actually take a two minute nap and you're like, where am I?
Speaker 3: Dude? Once I my sister took a nap after school and she woke up at six pm. She thought it was six am, though, and I went with it the whole time. I was like, where are you going? She's like the shower, I'm gonna be late for class. And I was like, all right, cool, cool, And she goes out, waits for the bus, comes back in. It's like, I hate you, I hate you. How many animals did we try to ride airback before it worked? With the horse? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Alligated?
Speaker 1: Nope, no, not the alligator did.
Speaker 3: A deer's way too jumpy, can't even hold on. It's like riding a bowl because they just bounce, never.
Speaker 1: Get on a deer's back.
Speaker 2: They seem so fragile.
Speaker 3: You think anybody trying to hop in a bear?
Speaker 1: Probably not, No, don't they They got close enough cold.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine someone trying to commandy or a moose?
Speaker 1: No, moose are so scary, they're so big. Have you ever seen a moose in real life?
Speaker 3: I haven't, Actually I have in Colorado. Flex So what you been thanking?
Speaker 2: Hula hoop?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: Because why?
Speaker 1: I just want to know, Like, like, where how the tools?
Speaker 2: When did you just get a circle big.
Speaker 1: Enough and better on your body and you're start moving your hips are crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take this little radius and I'm gonna just swiveled around and see what I can do with it.
Speaker 2: Hula hoop? But also like what did they see that was circular?
Speaker 1: And they're like, I'm gonna pick that up up around my body and then just start pushing and throwing.
Speaker 3: That's how bored people used to be used to be, like I'm just gonna spin it with this circle for an hour.
Speaker 1: But what was the circle?
Speaker 2: What was the circle?
Speaker 3: I don't know what was it?
Speaker 1: I have no idea makes sense?
Speaker 3: You could have picked up a rope. But it's probably uh, they probably had it for the circus and then they were like, dude, I'm so bored backstage, and some Carnie just came up with it and now we here we are, I don't know here we are? Actually? Oh no, the hula hoop. I actually watched a documentary on the hula hoop once.
Speaker 2: Oh god, everything about you?
Speaker 1: Read's guy who watched your men around hula hoops?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, see it was invented. No too long, we're missing it. The joke's not there anymore. I do have one more though, So what you've been thanking getting who decided suits were professional apparel?
Speaker 1: I think it was just like someone who was like, I'm skinny, but I want to ruin everyone else's life.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's make everybody sweat in the summertime. Let's wear a suit. Why why is it a sign of disrespect to just show up in a T shirt and flip flops.
Speaker 1: They'll literally be like, don't wear jeans or street shoes?
Speaker 2: Like what every shoe is a street shoe? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Let me just say this. When you're at the gym and you work out, you know you're gonna work really hard. What do you wear? Not a suit? Now, So you're telling me just because I'm not in a suit, I'm not gonna work hard. You're talking about I'm gonna work way harder from relax and a T shirt.
Speaker 4: It's been a lot.
Speaker 1: Can get out of here, all right, that's it what you've been making You can texted well, obviously. It is a Labor Day weekend. It is the last weekend of the Minnesota State Fair, which is where we're broadcasting live right now. Shout out to Southwest Transit for sponsoring us. We're in Carousel Park right between CCO and k Fan.
Speaker 3: Wow, A getting sad. It's almost like your last half hour of that's a Fair.
Speaker 1: I really have had fun this year at the fair hanging out with you, but I am tired also, so I'm sad and ready to go sit on my couch. I wish someone would answer their phone. Someone on their phone here at the booth, and it's just the ringer is on and it will the person's very popular because they have so many calls. It's crazy. Okay, sorry, I'm so distracted by that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Do you just let to be a part of the beat.
Speaker 1: It's I guess it is. So this is an interesting story that happened. There was a Lululemon ring being run out of a nail salon here in the Chities. It's like a theft ring. Yeah, two women were stealing like stuff from Lululemon and they were keeping on the back of the nail salon. And I was like, wait a minute, that's like a TV show I watched, and it's like the show is clause where I mean, they weren't running like a Lululemon ring, but they have like the front of the nail salon and then they like handled business in the back. Basically they were like the cover for other things. And I was like, that's crazy that that happened here. Yeah. And also a lot of people have heard of dry January, but they're suggesting maybe sober September, and it's where you basically go without drinking. It's a break from boozing all summer long for the parties and all the different things, and it gets you like reset before the upcoming holiday over indulgence. So if you're looking for something to try, maybe that I need to be sober September with my online shopping.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, I was gonna say with food, and I need to go on a dive because drinking. Drinking is like a young Bucks game. Yeah right, right right, we're kind of over that. We need a new like challenge.
Speaker 1: You're your problem is you're an old buck at the rifled age of thirty. So your problem is just donuts.
Speaker 3: Right though.
Speaker 1: I know every weekend you post your family eating donuts at Angel Food and I'm always like, I know cold adds some he only post as kids, and I'm like, you gonna make me believe you did not have some kind of chocolate covered glaze covered something around.
Speaker 3: And the seven Americanos I have every day, I need to call back on americanas.
Speaker 1: That's great. That's so many. That is so many.
Speaker 2: That is your trending.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by nicolay Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Today was the day.
Speaker 1: If you didn't know, Brett Michaels is going to be at Treasure Island. He's rocking the Island event Center on November second, that is a Saturday, which is perfect and tickets went on sale for that today at TI Casino dot com. So you want to check out Poison's biggest hits, that is your chance. This Sunday, don't go Chase and Waterfowl as you can stick to the Amazing show when TLC comes to the Island. I can't believe they're coming. This is like epic nostalgia there if you think about your high school days. They're the best selling American girl group of all time for a reason, so don't miss all their songs like Creep and Nose Scrubs again this Sunday, September First tickets are still available like good tickets at TI Casino dot com. When you're on the website, you'll see all the events they have coming up, and then you can check out a variety of hotel rooms, package options. They have a great spa and more. Ti Casino dot com. Day's deep dive is on Good Charlotte's The Anthem on Katiew by Joel, who is one half of Good Charlotte with his brother Benji Madden, their.
Speaker 2: Twins, said The Anthem was a special song.
Speaker 1: When I was nineteen, the first time we went out to LA and met one of my heroes, John Feldman, a producer who's a really dear friend of mine and still is today.
Speaker 2: I remember the first time we met. He took me surfing.
Speaker 1: A movie was interested and had called asking that thing you did a song. We were hanging out with John at the time and said we should just do it. We went and wrote the anthem me benj and John. It turned out the movie didn't even want it, but we really liked the song, and the fact that we wrote it with John made it extra special. We only went into the studio with one song, and that was the anthem. He said, I honestly didn't even think this song would be a big song. It's weird how it happened. He says, it's his favorite song to play live. The theme of the album was a bunch of songs about them when they were in high school, dealing with family problems, self issues, and depression. You get stressed out and you feel like the whole world is falling apart. When you're in high school, if some kid makes fun of your shorts, you think it's the biggest thing in the world and it dries you crazy. But for the most part, as soon as you get out of high school, you realize it's not that big of a deal. There are so many more important things in the world. One of the favorite parts of the song is this one.
Speaker 2: I'll just leave that there.
Speaker 1: This song actually blew up because a month before it was released, it was used in the football game Mad in two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: That game sold over five.
Speaker 1: Million copies and got that song so much exposure it blew it up. It say it's such a special song. It's one of those songs that every time I hear it, it takes me back to a special time of my life. Today's deep dive was on this Charlotte's the anthem.
Speaker 3: Oh bless you, Oh God bless you.
Speaker 1: It's fouling the cold on one on one point three, Katie w.
Speaker 2: B one more large amount of dust going on.
Speaker 1: My face before I head out. I've been saying all day, it's the crowdiest I've ever seen in here?
Speaker 3: Are you okay? Did you say the crowdiest like sour crowd. You're talking about like the.
Speaker 1: Biggest crowd I've ever seen, But I called it the crowdiest.
Speaker 2: I'm tired. I'll be honest, I'm really tired.
Speaker 3: Go home more important, sexiest trees in the world.
Speaker 1: We battle it out the hottest trees, and I cannot believe what you guys voted for. So our four finalists were maple, cherry blossom, redwood, and palm Yes, and uh I coming in last place, the man coming in third place? The redwood what? And I knew you'd be fired up because you were so into the red lay, which leaves just who came in. The palm tree came in the first place. The fact that every single it makes sense. Of course, everyone voted for the biggest f boy tree.
Speaker 2: There is a palm tree. I cannot believe will vote.
Speaker 1: I did say hottest. If I said most beautiful, maybe the cherry blossom would have won.
Speaker 2: But I went hottest and the palm tree took it.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: This is women don't and men. Okay, I'm gonna say, we don't care about personality at all. It just all comes down to looks. Nobody has attracted a personality. Everybody's attracted it looks. Palm tree is gonna leave you high and dry. Baby, it's coming. I'm not gonna hear from it ever.
Speaker 2: Again's gonna be wild.
Speaker 3: It's so flimsy and unstable. I need to compared to a redwood who is grounded.
Speaker 2: Or rooted and still has bed.
Speaker 3: Stability, got that beady energy, tall, not a short king and then you got that palm. You don't have, that poem is gonna ruin your life. You're gonna look back in your forties and be like, dude, I should have I should have went with the Redwood.
Speaker 2: Too late.
Speaker 1: They already went with a palm called Hey, it's been fun, I'm tired. I love you. You can still get merch all weekend, but you can also go to katiewb dot com keyword store. Someone said, I got a shirt for me and my mom there. I got the Felony Culture for me and my mom on online. They were going to make it today, So I get that.
Speaker 3: Dude, what if the little September gifts you can give someone randomly.
Speaker 2: Everyone's known for giving September gifts.
Speaker 1: It makes so much sense. Also, Colt is out here on Sunday if you need a little taste.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not a lot of people know about this. You need to this. We have a podcast. A lot of people are like, dude, I wish I could listen to Shaw all the time. I'm gonna stop in the car, fallon and Colts on any platform we get rid of all that that music.
Speaker 1: Our going to kill you for saying it like that.
Speaker 3: There's no commercials. I mean there's like thirty second commercials every twenty minutes, right, But it's a condensed version of us. If you if you want to listen to it. Whatever, it's up there. Thousands of other people do it.