Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. Come on, come on, welcome back to the weekend. Everybody, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, keep.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, sir, come on, wakey, wakey.
Speaker 1: Hands off cup Cakey rod Ryan Show, checking in on this bill from Monday. I hope you guys had a great weekend. Lots to talk about, some recapping going on today on the show. We'll have to talk a little bit about Ditch Day and a little bit about uh, the greatest hard rock band in the land, the talent, the sold out show. Wow, it was amazing on Saturday night. Lots of pictures and stuff like that. We shared a lot of stuff on our Instagram. I did on our Instagram at Ryan's show, Brandon do you remember him? He is going for win number four this morning. The Fresh Out in Bad Head to Head Challenge. Great concert tickets in there, Thank you, Chili Ghosts August sixteenth, Toyota Center. We're gonna get you those tickets in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 4: We're gonna play that at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: That's how you're gonna win your offspring. Jimmy Eat World Newfound Glory tickets. That's the show of the summer Baby August twenty third out there with the Woodlands. We'll hook you up at seven twenty. Monster Jam is coming back. I've got a four pack of Monster Jam tickets. Monster Jam is gonna be October eighteen at NRG Stadium.
Speaker 4: Will hook you up at around eight twenty. I got Summer of.
Speaker 1: Loud Tour tickets and man sixty percent chances. Scattered thunderstorms today. Highs of around eighty nine, so we'll talk a little weather as well. Good morning, mor what you dont for Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: The gunman accused of killing of Minnesota state representative was captured last night near his farm. It ended in a huge search that began after two separate shootings. I guess a motion triggered trail camera spotted him. Officers closed in a few hours later, and the guy is now charged in the killings of State Representative Melissa Hortman and her husband Mark, and wounding State Senator John Hoffman and his wife. Authority say he faces both state murder counts in Minnesota and also federal warrant for fleeing prosecution. ICE has ordered agents to stop making immigration arrests at farms, restaurants, and hotels because there are worries that crack down is squeezing industries that rely heavily on migrant labor. Officials say the sudden shift follows complaints from growers, hotelers trade groups who fear losing staff during peak summer demand is going to cause an issue in the travel and food industry. The pause does not affect ongoing rights at factories or on city streets. The change marks a sharp pivot for the Try administration, which is vowed to port millions. Let's talk about ketchup, hines, heine. Specifically, they are the people with the most popular ketchup, and they are stirring the pots because they're trying to normalize putting Ketchup on eggs for.
Speaker 1: Breakfast because it's awesome.
Speaker 5: I get it. Their job is to sell Ketchup, but they are adding labels that say breakfast Ketchup to bottles at waffle houses around the country. Nice they claim that you're not alone. Rod one in four people use Ketchup at breakfast. But are you gonna get one of these limited edition bottles that are shaped like maple syrup and you're gonna use it on accident. If you're not trying, you got to make sure you're getting the right thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Salsa on eggs?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or no?
Speaker 5: I don't want it on my eggs.
Speaker 4: Really, no, Alex salt on eggs.
Speaker 1: Salsa salsa, I a little wave of fancheras. Okay, but no ketchup.
Speaker 6: I'm deny a ketchup guy. But I don't care what you put on your eggs.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna catch I'm gonna catch up on the eggs guy. As a matter of fact, emergency pole question going up?
Speaker 5: Randwo Is it pretty much done? Between Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom? The famous pair got together back in twenty sixteen. They have a daughter, Daisy, who's gonna be five in August, and the rumors about their breakup have been swirling for weeks. Allegedly, they have different ideas of where they want their future lives to go from here, and Katie's obviously concentrating on her comeback album and tour in space Yeah, space travel. What is Orlando doing? We're not sure, but apparently he doesn't like it. We'll see what happens he's.
Speaker 6: Doing as it's over doesn't mean it's really over. Katie always told.
Speaker 1: Us that, And he's doing cruise commercials.
Speaker 5: So I mean, where do you go?
Speaker 1: And Drew berrymart why wouldn't they Why wouldn't they have him do the cruise commercial with his wife because they're on the house, right, Ah.
Speaker 5: Y'all are just adding to the drama. Let's talk about Paris Jackson. She got wrecked online for having a show scheduled on her dad's death anniversary.
Speaker 4: Please continue because.
Speaker 1: I got thoughts on this.
Speaker 5: The death anniversary would be the sixteenth anniversary of Michael Jackson, which would be next Wednesday, and she's scheduled to open for Incubus and Manchester Orchestra. She posted on her Instagram story it's not her tour, it's not her call.
Speaker 1: She's just opening.
Speaker 5: And she also added a very special note to the haters, quote, f you on the plot?
Speaker 1: Who are you to tell Paris Hilton what to do on the anniversary of her father's day? God guess what, guys, I come in every year on the anniversary of my dad's death and I work. You know why, because he'd want me to come.
Speaker 7: In and work, right, I don't. It's a weird thing. To get mad at people about on their own behalf.
Speaker 1: They were dragging her online for work. Your dad died on this day. What are you doing working opening for Incubus, you idiot. That's where people make me absolutely nuts.
Speaker 5: It's insane. All the best of her. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it alex I, so I's got to win.
Speaker 7: Yesterday they beat the Twins two to one in extra innings.
Speaker 1: They walked off the.
Speaker 7: Twins and back to back games, they swept Minnesota over the weekend.
Speaker 6: They've won five in a row. They're very hot.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 7: They're going to open up a four game series with the A's in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 7: The A's play in Sacramento now in a minor league ballpark. Las mcullor is gonna be on the mount for the Strows going down against the A's Mitch Spence first pitches at nine oh five. You can hear it on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven to forty kerh. At the College World Series, Louisville eliminated Arizona eight to three yesterday, and Coastal Carolina beat Oregon State six to two, and golf JJ spawn won the US Open yesterday, finishing one under par, being the only person in the entire field to finish below par.
Speaker 6: It was his first major title.
Speaker 7: And in basketball, we got the Pacers in thunder playing Game five of the NBA Finals tonight in ok See. That series is tied up at two games apiece. Tip ups at seven thirty. You can watch it on ABC. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, guys, let's go. If you're up, you're ready to rock whatever it is that you would like to talk about, just about anything. We're here for you. Who wants the first phone call? Come get it seven to one to three two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four or five The Buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's one of my favorite STP songs. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Mil Monday, Welcome back from the weekend. I hope my kings out there, all my dads that are getting it done right. I hope you guys had a great Father's Day weekend. I did it was it was awesome. U sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today, high of around eighty nine.
Speaker 4: I walked into a lot.
Speaker 1: Of emails of people pictures from the weekend. I didn't even watch Eli's video yet from Ditch Day. I don't know if I want to watch it. Ditch Day was so awesome on Friday, and then Saturday was Metallica and they really did just kind of take over the whole city. That was awesome. So I shared some pictures up on our Instagram at Rod Ryan Show and I appreciate you guys sending me a bunch of stuff. And then of course Father's Day yesterday, so lots to talk about, lots of new ground to cover today on the show. Brandon's going for win number four in the Fresh out of Bad head to Head Challenge Ghost tickets like I mentioned in Homeroom Texas Hammer Game where he belongs always Mondays seven twenty your chance to win offspring tickets, and then I can't wait we can talk about Monster Jam. We've got all great tickets this week on the show. It's kind of a shortened week for us because of Juneteenth on Thursday, so we're gonna take a long weekend, but we're gonna we're gonna be doing something very fun on Wednesday. A chance to raise some more money for our backpack efforts. We're gonna be working with Academy Sports and Outdoors. So there's just a lot to talk about. And it looks like one, two three. It looks like everybody wants to talk Metallica this morning.
Speaker 5: It's now time for the first phone call of today.
Speaker 1: It looks like the Ninja hamster got through for the first phone call. Good morning, your morning, brother Rod and family. Dude, we talked.
Speaker 4: You were in the snake pit at Metallica.
Speaker 8: Yeah, brother, I find he's living around down there.
Speaker 1: Dude, I did not start out my day with tickets in the snake pit.
Speaker 4: And if you don't know Metallica.
Speaker 1: They play on a stage on the fifty yard line, but it's a donut stage, so there's a big hole in the middle and that's where they sell like those super duper expensive tickets.
Speaker 4: How did you get in the snake pit?
Speaker 8: I got the early pre stale for the fifth member.
Speaker 1: Do you mind sharing what those costs face value figure? Both of it? It was fourteen hundred for both of us seven. Okay. They were going for two thousand dollars online. I don't know, yeah, yeah, And they were really trying to not pre sell or not be not allow those to be sold.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I saw him going for two grand.
Speaker 1: All right, So quick review of the Metallica show. Oh dude, it was awesome.
Speaker 8: The coolest part though, Mike Murry running through give Hi high five, Zach wild above a fist pumping and stuff.
Speaker 1: But the coolest part was there was.
Speaker 8: A family of three with a little boy who was ten, who came.
Speaker 1: In from Louisiana.
Speaker 8: They ended up getting free upgrade pass from itallicat and while they were down there, he kept getting picked from all the bands. But he was a drummer and he wanted to He wanted to be a drummer, and he kept trying to get drum sticks. But at the end of the show, James walked over and hands in this sweat power as the wristbands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that moment.
Speaker 1: Is he on the was that that was the kid that was on the guy's shoulders, his dead shoulders? Maybe? Yeah, at the end he picked him up, not the kid in the yellow Okay, all right.
Speaker 8: The cool part was the black Box experience. They had the album covers like the electric Chair from Ride the Lightning, the Cemetery with all the crosses, Master Puppets.
Speaker 4: That was at the pop up shop.
Speaker 1: No, that was at the Black Fox Experience. I don't know this stuff on the first floor.
Speaker 8: Oh, they came up the snake piers, the thanks you're.
Speaker 1: In your email. Okay, I'll go check those out, all right, Casey, thank you man. It was good to run into you down there. I saw a million people out that show. It was packed.
Speaker 4: Energy Stadium was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I got a few pictures and some videos up at rod Ryan Show on our Instagram. I didn't get much from Suicidal Tendencies, but I got a lot of stuff from Pantera and Metallica.
Speaker 4: So make sure you go and you check those out.
Speaker 1: If you've got some great pictures and videos, please share them with us on the flip got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the.
Speaker 9: Game Houston for our Houston's alternative and home at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show on this bil Monday eight. No sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today.
Speaker 4: Good lord, his today.
Speaker 1: Of around eighty nine. Alex, what do you see that's trending. Raphael Devers is trending.
Speaker 7: The Red Sox traded their star DH to the Giants or some pictures and prospects. He did hit a home run against the Yankees yesterday and is one of their best players, so it's kind of a shocking trade.
Speaker 1: Okay, that happened.
Speaker 7: US Open is trending. JJ Spahn won the US Open yesterday. He was the only player in the field to finish under part It's his first major championship. And then Minnesota shootings is trending. We had to talk about that in headlines. But they've got Vance Bolter in in custody right now. He was the suspect that they were on the manhunt for all weekend after killing two people.
Speaker 1: But that is what's trading. On ninety five the bus.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody. This is Brandon. I am your fresh out of bed head to head three day champions and I think I might be getting the hang of this. And Chiley keep bringing the fresh fish. Join me on Monday when I make it win number four bitches.
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat this guy, ninety four to five the bus, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Pop Roach and no apologies. Well, good morning everybody, Welcome back for the weekend. Lots of great things happening today on the show. I'm excited to be here. Okay, I mentioned it's going to be a shortened week for us, but that's we can talk about that later. You guys can beat us up about that much later.
Speaker 4: Texas Hammer Game next hour.
Speaker 1: I'm excited these off offering, Jimmy Eat World, Newfound Glory. I don't know. Alex and I are going back and forth. What's the best show this summer? That's the one man That is the show of the summer for me. Although Metallica pretty much proves why they're the biggest band in the world this weekend, sixty percent chances Gadeth understorms hies them around eighty nine.
Speaker 4: All right, let's play a game, and.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Listeners to your corners, no drops, no nothing for this guy. Huh. Just Brandon, Just Brandon kicking a us every day. Hi, Brandon, more than everyone.
Speaker 3: How y'all do.
Speaker 4: Doing great, doing great? Good to have you back on.
Speaker 1: You won three games?
Speaker 4: How did you win three games?
Speaker 1: Oh? You've you've been playing a lot of fresh fish. Okay, all right, I'm just gonna say your phone's a little loud wherever you are. It sounds like you got your air conditioning blowing in your face or something. But we can work with it. You're taking on Other John. Good morning, Other John. How are you doing great? We should call Other John to see whe's the last time Other John play?
Speaker 4: Oh, this is him.
Speaker 1: Well, he keeps track of all the Other John.
Speaker 4: I know you know this.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you played two months ago? Today?
Speaker 4: When was the last time your daughter played to avenge you?
Speaker 1: April eighteen? All right? And then the other daughter never made it through, so I know she was probably trying. All right, Other John, you've been in the Hall of Fame before You've you've got a taste of the success You've been in that hall.
Speaker 4: How many times? He's a two time Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brand, nice to meet you. Other John.
Speaker 1: It's Other John.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he Brand is the greatest player ever specifically and oh nobody else is right, so he might be the greatest player ever.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's some stats for you.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what eight times it is, So thank you for being here, Other John.
Speaker 1: Okay, Other John and the greatest fresh out of bad headhead player of all time? Game?
Speaker 4: What are they playing for?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets see Alice Cooper and Judas Priest, October twenty six in the Woodlands ticketmaster dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck. Oh I could see Other John and all his leathers at that Judas Priest show. All right, Brandon and other John, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Good luck to both of you. Here we go. Most got questions here? Question number one, most commonly, what fruit is wine made for? Other John? Great grapes is the correct answer? Okay, Brandon, you got a guy here that knows what he's doing. Brandon, Yes, sir, and it's Monday. All right? Other John? Oh, there was a John that played and then I go you the guy that played? He goes, No, I'm just the other John's Other John. I think that's how that happened. Uh, okay. Question number two, John's on the board, Brandon is not on the board. What is the name of Elon Musk's electric vehicle?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 6: That's what correct answer?
Speaker 4: See Mo had all kinds of words in here.
Speaker 1: What is the what is the name of Elon Musk Electric Vehicle and clean Energy Company. I don't know that I knew that, but it's both. It's Tesla. Other John knew it. Brandon, Yes, sir, Like a minute and a half ago, you were called the greatest player of all time. Got down head.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're calling you know, but it ain't that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fun well last time.
Speaker 1: All right, Brandon, thanks for playing, dude.
Speaker 4: Good to have you on.
Speaker 1: Thank you all having good You have a good one. Hey, Otheran John, you want to play tomorrow? Hopefully there Laura, Alice Cooper, Sick Betther get the more leather there you go. Yeah he's good. Yeah, he's gonna leather up, leather up the whole family. Get out there, all right, Other John, Good to have you back.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the US.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back from the weekend. Everybody, sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today, hig of eighty nine, I got six thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Let's go a frensh out of.
Speaker 1: Bad head to headshot. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 4: All right, bring out the John over here, please.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody that's a two time Hall of Fame or other.
Speaker 8: Johns, Now you're fresh out of bed heads the head one day champion, join me on tattooesdays.
Speaker 1: I try to make it win number two. There you go. John said he had a wonderful Father's Day, so that was good to hear as well. Hope all you dad's hope all you kings had a great Father's Day. Alex here like a regular at this Father's.
Speaker 4: Day thing now, huh ah.
Speaker 1: I guess second one my daughter birthday, so that was probably, oh you was a good day. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw it online. That was Elle's birthday. So you went early on the birthday party that we went to, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: A scheduling, well yeah, that would have gone over everybody's like Father's day weekends.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then there's Captain Cash. You have a good father's Day, there's awesome.
Speaker 1: Boss. I was just sharing. I said, I had the best Father's day I got. I got to pick the movie that we watched yesterday and I made him watch Miracle. It's two hours, two hours and fifteen minutes. London wouldn't shut up during it. I'm like, you gotta stop talking this is he's about to do the speech.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? He's about to do the speech. They're about to play the Russians.
Speaker 1: You got to stop talking.
Speaker 5: So you're saying she didn't care for it.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know what she hung in there for the whole thing, you.
Speaker 5: Know is your day.
Speaker 1: But I'll beating cars yesterday morning. And I was about to say listen when when I was told I could picked a movie, they were just assuming I was gonna be cool and picked like some kind of an animated thing. I'm like, ah ah, father, we're watching Miracles You get one day, buddy, and you you used it. But I knew it was okay because it's a Disney movie. They did. There's no cussing in it, no nothing, you know. I think I say candy ass, doesn't I think while OC calls the guy a pansy, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it. So you can actually sit down and watch that one with the family.
Speaker 1: Again, fathers, he's a long way from my heart.
Speaker 4: I hope. Oh he does call my candy ass.
Speaker 1: You're right. Stop. Fuck back to the day. We make you look smart and funny, your buddys, it's the fuck back to the day. Oh, Kurt Russell is so good at that. Yeah, Kurt Russell is so good as the coach of the US men's nineteen eighty hockey team. I watched that today. Now, Oh my god, dude, it's good. They won. They did, they won.
Speaker 4: I watched last night.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, they won again.
Speaker 5: I don't need to watch now, all right.
Speaker 1: I brought us in new fun facts for you guys. Uh, this does not sit well with me. Rats rats can laugh. I'm pretty fearful of rats to begin with. Now knowing that rats can laugh, we just can't hear it because it's not in our audible range. But rats laugh at us. That's gross. Bill Lear, the guy that invented lear jets. He also invented the eight track tape that. Yeah, the eight track tape player mode. Do I need to explain? I don't. I don't want to man explain things. But I mean, it's old, but it's really but it's old. It is. It's old like your dad may have had an a track player. He did so maybe so back in the day. And then you know, I always like to go the extra mile here. So Bill Lear invented lear jets, invented the eight track tape player, and one of his daughter's name was named Chandra. Say it Chandra, ch.
Speaker 5: Ch chandrelier, like the thing that hangs from here like a chandelier.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Chandra. Oh it was Chandra.
Speaker 4: It is Sandra Chandelier. That's the kid's name.
Speaker 5: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Finally, all human beings have ninety nine point nine percent of the same d n A. I know it, Chile. I'm your brother too. It's a trio. It's the fuck Back in the Day. We make you looks mark here, buddy, is this the fuck back to the Day? All right?
Speaker 4: We got a really good ticket here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a pair of Shakeuts see Ghost on their Skeletor World Tour. It's August sixteenth to at a Center. Tickets on sale nowtoy at Center dot com or if you can do this fun fact flash back.
Speaker 1: All right, fun back. What is the most expensive.
Speaker 4: Thing that has ever been built?
Speaker 1: Estimated cost more than one hundred billion dollars seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for Rockout Winter stock Out with Captain Cash. Okay, there's that money guy right there. All right, Hell, play time's over. Yeah, we got to get back to business. Here.
Speaker 11: How'd we do on Friday? I'm surprised you've invited me back here. The Dow was down seven hundred and sixty nine points.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Kickoff this morning at forty two thousand and one ninety seven. NASDAK lost two hundred and fifty five to nineteen thousand, four hundred and six Benchmarten, your treasury. It's trading at a four point four two percent in oil trades at seventy one dollars ninety two cents of burrow to the most active, the big studs Chevron and Jay and Jay, the big duds Sherwin Williams, Visa, and Nike. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get the manufacturing survey for June or no. Futures looking pretty good. They're on the upside. Hang on to this would be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 4: This is Halan manager director with Raymond James.
Speaker 1: Port it for the Rod Ryan Show from.
Speaker 11: Raymond James on Sam Felipe Magusta, No forget to bays rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 12: Vimian's express are those of alland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates Income Ever, NYT, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance TRANSMNS. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to area this program is are educational and informational services on the Studs of Duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance, Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 13: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Boys. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Sure, all right, we got another John on the show. Hello John, How are you doing great?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's out of town? Are you one?
Speaker 4: Okay? Any weather to report right now? Anything going down?
Speaker 8: No, it's all clear right now.
Speaker 1: Good and it's pretty good. I'd like to hear that. I'd like to hear that. Well, welcome to the Fun Fact Flashback. What is from Friday's Fun Facts The most expensive thing that's ever been built. They're in a national space station.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty interesting, so cool.
Speaker 1: Want more than one hundred billion dollars to build that sucker?
Speaker 5: Mo, what are you going to give a John, John, you're going to see the ghost. They're going to be here on their Skeletor World tour August sixteenth, Toya Center. If you're not as lucky as John, you can check out to at a center dot com for all the tickets. All right, thank you, all right, thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: John, Thank you so much. Man, have an awesome day.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you.
Speaker 5: You didn't even know we don't windows down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said it was Sonny out there to go.
Speaker 1: Look. I was told sixty percent chances the Capataze start today. Same. All right. It looks like the whole week's not a washout. Last week was ridiculous. Yeah, And I think we got one more day to kind of deal with this and then the rest of the week should be okay. Right now, we got MO with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Thank you, sir. The gunman accused of killing of Minnesota state representative was captured last night near his farm, ending a huge search that began after two days or what two separate shootings. I guess there's a motion triggered trail camera that spotted this guy crawling on the ground. Officers closed in a few hours later, he's charging the killings of State Representative Melissa Hortman and her husband and wounding State Senator John Hoffman and his wife. Authority say he faced both state murdered counts and federal warrant for fling prosecution. Let's talk about the Pope. The newly elected Pope Leo the fourteenth. He spoke to thirty thousand people at the Chicago White Sox Stadium and his first addressed to an American crowd. He's on this live video on the scoreboard and he's born in Chicago. But he thanked all US Catholics for their prayers. It was a bilingual event, opened up the US and Peruvian anthems because he did serve a lot of time in Peru. And there was a mass and he promised an in person visit very soon. Okay, so he was just on the big screen, the screens. It wasn't actually here. But he blessed the city and he blessed their baseball team.
Speaker 1: Thirty thousand people showed up just for the screen. That's cool.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 5: Doctor on TikTok is causing quite the stir. Her post went viral. She's an actual doctor, She's a physical therapist because she says ping in the shower is not a good idea.
Speaker 1: What would be the problem of peeing in the shower? That's quite the list, really, Oh, there's reasons.
Speaker 5: There's reasons.
Speaker 1: Oh, please tell me.
Speaker 5: If you pee in the shower, or turn on the faucet and turn on the shower and pee while the shower's running, you're creating association in your brain that the sound of running water means you have to pee, which I thought, welready have that anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've kind of all right, okay.
Speaker 5: Standing up and peeing like that and just kind of letting it go.
Speaker 1: That's what we do every day. You got floor.
Speaker 4: So this is more women.
Speaker 1: I guess. I guess I stand. I don't care. I mean, that's one of the things when I'm being criticism, when I'm criticizing other men, I'm like, what do you do? You sit when you pee? Dude?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean we stand when we pee, so.
Speaker 5: You associate standing.
Speaker 4: This can't be for us.
Speaker 5: It must be a girl problem. But girls don't be in the shower.
Speaker 4: It's got to do.
Speaker 5: All I've never peen in the show.
Speaker 1: How's your pelvic floor?
Speaker 5: Have a great pelvic flo two babies, and now I'm a strong as steel.
Speaker 4: All Right, did I somewhere in there did you say that you don't be in the shower?
Speaker 5: Did I hear that, No, girls don't be in the shower.
Speaker 4: That's not true enough.
Speaker 5: I'm here to protect all women.
Speaker 4: Hang on a second, it's sterile.
Speaker 1: You can do it not believing the words that are coming. We are from the microphone that you're speaking into angels.
Speaker 5: We do nothing disgusting, and you shall worship.
Speaker 1: So let me let me add to the list of things you don't do. You don't fart, you don't poop. No, you don't be in the shop. I'll watch movies either.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true, that's a flaw.
Speaker 5: The other things are just normal.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's crazy you don't do those things.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Ryan Reynolds, because he definitely poops. He has a production company and they're making an animated movie based on the children's book that's called I Eat Poop.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I didn't know there was a book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems like I missed that one as well, or maybe just would never buy it. But that's a simpy about humans, dung beetles stories. Okay, it's an animated film for kids, and it's based off the children's book Have.
Speaker 1: You heard of this?
Speaker 5: Never?
Speaker 4: Because I didn't know the mouse one.
Speaker 5: Oh give him Mouse a cookie. Yep, this one is not a classic, I don't think Okay. It's about a dung beetle named Dougie who starts at a new school and he struggles to hide who he is and what he eats until a mystery in the town and the community comes together to understand the importance of different no matter what you eat. Ryan Reynolds, he's a real gem of a human, isn't he?
Speaker 4: You're not Team Ryan because of all of this.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jim Baldoni, Blake Lively, So he's he's on your S list that you don't and you don't.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, she has an ex chance with a jury.
Speaker 4: She has an S list but doesn't correct.
Speaker 5: So you guys know everything about me. Let's talk about Godsmack. They're going to reissue their twenty fourteen album on August eighth, two formats, a remastered black vinyl and a color vinyl sporting the Overseas cover, so you're gonna need both. They also have a seven inch that brings inside yourself and life is good to vinyl for the first time. People love vinyl. Did you see the metallic vinyls that they were selling at the pop up store?
Speaker 1: I didn't go to the pop up store, Hi, die, Yeah I did see. It was so cool. Yeah, I've actually gone down a little bit of a wormhole.
Speaker 4: There's videos it shows them.
Speaker 1: If you've ever seen like a record printing press a press, yes, yeah, like Jack White owns a one of the few left in the country where they make records, and they put this punny together and they can add colors to it and everything. You can make those records any color you want, wild arts.
Speaker 4: But there are some fun videos out there.
Speaker 1: You're right. Those Metallica albums look good here on this story, specifically Gotsmack. They're down a drummer, they're down a guitar player, and we don't know what the future is going to be for them.
Speaker 5: So they need to sell some vinyl.
Speaker 1: You might be seeing all kinds of stuff be re released to try to generate some income.
Speaker 5: You know, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Taking Alex the Astro's got to win yesterday they beat the Twins two to one in extra innings. They slept Minnesota over the weekend and have won five.
Speaker 1: In a row.
Speaker 7: Tonight, they're going to open up a four game series with the A's and Sacramento LANCEMA Colors will be in the Mount for Destro's going up against the A's.
Speaker 1: Mitch Spence first pitches at nine oh five.
Speaker 7: You can listen to that game on our sitter station's Sports Talk seven to ninety News Radio seven forty kh The College World Series Louisville Arizona eight to three in Coastal Carolina beat Oregon State six to two, and golf JJ Spahn when the US opened yesterday, finishing one under par it being the only player in the entire field to finish below par.
Speaker 6: It was his first major title in basketball.
Speaker 7: We got the Pacers and Thunder playing Game five of the NBA Finals tonight in Okay. See that series is tied up at two games a piece. Tip Off is at seven thirty and you can watch it on ABC.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports COO on the hockey game Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Panthers beat that ass three to two. Canada.
Speaker 7: They're gonna comeback kick their ass on US soil and then Canada can just cry and cry by the cup not in it because you can't hold it because it's not your cup now.
Speaker 6: But it'll be our cup again and Canaad can just be oh.
Speaker 1: No, it's been like since nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: One's game six tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well guys, that's one hour down Texas Hammer game next hour for those offspring tickets, so stay with us.
Speaker 13: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: It's Lincoln Park. Welcome to the seventh Spot. I got seven o five pup. Your off to a great start to your day. I had mentioned this Wednesday, we're gonna be working now. I don't know if specifically. I'm not gonna talk about specifically what we're going to ask you to do, but my ask of you is going to be very easy. On Wednesday, I can tell you that we got a chance to raise five thousand dollars from Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 4: My ask will be.
Speaker 1: Very easy of you, guys, but you're gonna have to help us get that five thousand dollars, so there will be an ask associated with it, but it's for the kids. It's for the backpacks. And here's my reminder, because I know some of you got paid on Friday and you got real busy because you know you were coming to Ditch Day and all that stuff. If there's any money left over from that check, I could usually go to visit the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I could really use you in there. We got that new lineup of tea shirts and coozies and hats. And I want to thank deb and for coming out on Friday, even though they kind of got rained out. They were there for a little bit and we did we did, okay, we did. We did sell some merch out there, but then it kind of was coming down. So we've just had rain, so much rain. So today they're calling for about a sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, Hiver around eighty nine, and then the rest of the week isn't quite the wash out that it was all last week. But welcome back, Kings. I'm talking about my dad's out there. I hope you guys had a great Father's Day. I did wear my robe a little bit this weekend. Thank you. Moe got us some robes on Friday show. I thought that was really really nice. There was the three of us. There's a you can see the picture up on Instagram. And then there is some stuff from ditch Day. I think there's a video. Hey, that's Jillie. Jillie did I mean Eli was taping.
Speaker 4: He was running around, he was doing all the stuff.
Speaker 1: But did he also did he did he get a video he was videoing?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he did a little recap video. Yeah, I'll add it to our Facebook page.
Speaker 4: Is that which you want to do? Put it on Facebook?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I all had it to our Facebook, the rod Ryan Show Facebook page.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like, all right, well, thank you Eli. He was out there taping the gals like he didn't like electrical tape. It's like, there's a bunch of girls running around with nothing but electrical tape on.
Speaker 5: My husband asked a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Bonando from ABC Body Art she was doing her air brushing out there, Johnny Jay was doing the spinning, and then the Reverend Butter gets up there. You never met Butter before, No, but we fell in love.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He is the coolest dude.
Speaker 4: On the planet.
Speaker 1: He's got his two sons with him and he's out there carving ice with his chainsaw. So I'll let you know when that video is ready to go, because I know Eli was filming a lot of that stuff. But everybody that came out to Ditch date again with the rain and everything, it's just somebody of you just said, hey, I'm still coming, I'm still coming, I'm still coming to party. And we had a great time over at Cactus Co. I have some photos up on on our Instagram at Rob Ryan's show. I'll say that the I'm not a tequila drinker. Whatever was in that most shot, it was too good. I really like even with the what's a big thing that people drink now ranch water?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a tequila based drink. Right, there's just something.
Speaker 1: Foul about tequila to mean so dramatic. There's just something. There's just some kind of a like I'm in a good mood, right, No, no, no foul, Like I'm in a good mood.
Speaker 8: Do do do do do do do?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 4: Somebody hands me a shot, do do take it?
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, hmmm, it's got like an after kick.
Speaker 1: Y'all are a mess.
Speaker 5: Help me.
Speaker 4: I was happy.
Speaker 1: I was happy a second ago, and then hmmm, what was in that it really does. It hits me wild to me, it hits me like that.
Speaker 5: So you were nervous about the mogasm shots.
Speaker 1: I was. And then so the first one hmmm, skeptical. Then the second one, hey, not so bad. The third one was like, this thing's really tasty. Yeah. I had a bunch of them. They were delicious a lot. It was a really good shot.
Speaker 5: They were great.
Speaker 1: Does anybody know what was in it?
Speaker 5: I did ask. They said something about like cherry and lime.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a cherry lime made situation.
Speaker 1: It was refreshing.
Speaker 5: It was really good.
Speaker 1: It was refreshing, nervous. I don't normally go back for seconds and thirds on anything tequila because then the the devil horns come out of my hand.
Speaker 4: Tequila does that to me.
Speaker 1: I love it. And uh, I was.
Speaker 4: Worried right from the jump.
Speaker 1: When you said, okay, well my shot has to be tequila based, I'm like, oh man, this could go south.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 1: Joy. Did you have some of the mogasm shots. Julia's a tequila guy, Yeah, like I had him, had him. They were tasty.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I mean, you know one thing you gotta understand, Rod bitches and cries when it's I don't bit it is hot, like the flavor butter is hot to him.
Speaker 1: He's spicy, you know, not true. So you got goodness.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you for bringing it.
Speaker 10: It's for like, you know, a sophisticated taste with you, like, yeah, your refined palette. Yeah, we got that refined palate that he doesn't have.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, Jean, I'll tell you about your palate. It's blown out. Okay, I have no palate food. Okay, dude, the gallons of chimoy or whatever. Your tongue is just the whole surface of your tongue is missing. That's why, Okay, you gotta be fine to heen and limes. It's just completely eroded the top layer of his tongue. He can't taste anything anymore. That's why he eats more.
Speaker 4: Give me more, yeah, dude, I mean you know, but it was good.
Speaker 1: I had fun. It was really good.
Speaker 4: Shouts out to everybody that was out there.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: Reverend Butter was awesome, dude.
Speaker 10: Like I said, I got to meet his kids, and then I was I was looking at.
Speaker 4: His pants and I was like, yo, Butter, those cool pants. Oh man, it's one of my friends.
Speaker 10: That all the shirts that I don't use anymore from the years, cut them all up and made them into the pants and everything.
Speaker 1: So it's a rock star. Yeah, he's a rock star.
Speaker 10: Let me know when that video goes up on Facebook, people, I'm about to upload it right now, So give us about five minutes.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Eli, We're fron down right now. Okay, we're just I mean for the moment.
Speaker 4: Oh now, to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 1: Who wants it? Okay? So what are we giving away on the Texas Hammer Game today?
Speaker 5: We have a pair of tickets to see Offspring. They're supercharged worldwide in twenty five tour Jimmy World Newfound Glory August twenty third in the Woodland. Tickets on sale ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: That is the show Man. Pretty uh, get in the queue now seven one three two one two five nine four five if you want to win those tickets and play the Texas Hammer Games.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: I'd like to set to that.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rot Ryan Show. Welcome back for the weekend. Everybody. It is MILF Monday, seven twenty one sixty percent chances get at Thunderstorms today, Hi of eighty nine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're getting set up. We got the Texas Hammer game ready to roll for those offspring tickets.
Speaker 4: But first I got Alex over here with what's trending.
Speaker 7: MILF Monday is Jay Life l I s e is our MILF Monday feature today, submitted chest Bukraine operator Josh.
Speaker 4: The girl's name is lyce l I s e Lisa.
Speaker 5: Let's listen away, listen it makes me last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like lye lease sleep.
Speaker 7: I don't know, maybe that, maybe that, but go check her out the Upon and Rid Ryan show pages, the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Desmond Baine is trending.
Speaker 7: The Grizzlies traded him to the Magic for a bunch of draft picks yesterday and people were talking about that. And then Justin Bieber is trending. He got into it with the paparazzi over the weekend. He is this is a quote quote from him. He is not to be fiss.
Speaker 4: Have a link up to that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't going to add for him, but he is not to be abswers. Okay, I think he's fine. He seems fine.
Speaker 4: What was he Okay?
Speaker 5: I think that there are a lot of bad people out to get him and make him look bad. But is he like he's a child singer. No, he grew up in the limelight.
Speaker 7: So maybe it was Father's day and he's trying to have a nice father's day and then paparazzi was trying to ruin that.
Speaker 5: So if you think about it, does they want to be in the limelight anymore?
Speaker 1: Let him, let justin be, let him be the buzz All right, Well there is a there is if you want to see him his interaction with the paparazzi, we have that for you on links and guests. Oh, get the opener here, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: This is dem Handler and it's time to play the Texas.
Speaker 1: Hammer Game.
Speaker 3: With Rod Ryan on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Yeah, there we go. Now we got things in the right order. Hey, good morning, Texas Hammer Game is huge today because of the prize that Moe is offering up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, got tickets to see the Offspring. It's a supercharged worldwide twenty five tour Offspring, Jimmy World, Newfound Glory Woodlands. It's going to be insane. We want you there.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know how this works.
Speaker 1: You are going to get some lyrics you're going to hear them delivered by the Texas Hammer, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to need the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone? Hi, Justin, Welcome. How are you today?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, okay, that's great. I'm glad. What took you so long?
Speaker 2: I couldn't get through?
Speaker 8: Chill.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the first time that you've ever well, wait with me. You tried to call before but couldn't get through. Yeah, first time getting through, first time getting through. That's awesome. Listen, let's get this over with, dude. Let's give you these tickets. I'm gonna play you the Texas Hammer, name of the band, name of the song. Okay, okay, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 4: This is justin everybody, first time find out, Dames. You don't want to play.
Speaker 1: You are the only one that needs to know.
Speaker 4: Justin, tell me that band, tell me that song?
Speaker 2: Man I got first time.
Speaker 1: I'm for you, David. Good morning, Hello David. I'm sorry there you are.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hi, welcome to the show. How are you all right?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good? Okay, Allry, I got some great I got some lyrics for you. Dude, take a listen. Fan out, James.
Speaker 4: You don't want to play.
Speaker 1: You are the only one that needs to know. Give me the name of the band, name of the song, David.
Speaker 8: A Dirty Little Secret, All American rejict.
Speaker 4: Got it before.
Speaker 1: I was a Newsy one, got it before the buzzer. Dude, congratulations, congratulations. I had to take that buzzer back and give you a bell.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you, David, Thank.
Speaker 12: You so much.
Speaker 10: I didn't even man, I'd barely heard you come down or I was trying to say it.
Speaker 1: I got so lucky.
Speaker 5: Well, we got a pair of tickets for you offspring. It's absolute charge worldwide tour, Jimmy World, Newtoungglorian David.
Speaker 1: You'll be there. Oh, thank you so much, man, I'm so happy. I love the off screen. I am so happy for you, dude. Congratulations. Thanks for being on the show today. Dude, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Have an awesome time at that show.
Speaker 1: This is the song we've been talking about here. It's the All American Rejects and Dirty Little Secret.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, All American Rejects, Dirty little secret. Take it in to the Great Texas Hammer for helping us out. The Texas Hammer game play that one every single Monday, and then offspring tickets. Man, it's gonna be a short week for us. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Wednesday's gonna be a big day because we're gonna we're gonna be working with our friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors. My ask will be minimal of you guys to help us out to try to get We got a chance to get five thousand dollars from Academy Sports and Outdoors. So we'll be doing something fun on Wednesday morning, but then we'll be off for juneteenms. We're gonna take Friday off, so we got a long weekend. So it's a short week, but great tickets. Okay, offspring each and every day. Monster Jam Next hour. Have you heard that Monster Jam ounce their October eighteenth show at Energy Stadium. We're going to give away a four pack of tickets and pit passes to Monster Jam. Yes, the Rod Ryan Show, Monster Jam Truck will be performing eight twenty is when we're gonna have that coming up for you. All right, all right, what is the situation people are telling me that it's sunny outside.
Speaker 4: It looks nice outside right now?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It does look pretty nice outside. It looks like our best chance of rain is coming later on this afternoon. So this morning, we're good, We're good, We're good. And then three two o'clock, I got two three o'clock, and it's looking nasty. Tues looking like the worst hour today to get some rain.
Speaker 4: Seven thirty.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with moving forward. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Maybe people are losing their gigs.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of over the whole self checkout thing at the at the stores I try to I personally don't go to the self chuck out things.
Speaker 4: I just i'd rather not. How do you feel about.
Speaker 1: Hotel front desks going away? Is that a thing that we don't need? You don't need to check in at a hotel at the desk?
Speaker 5: You don't?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 5: I have an app?
Speaker 4: Is it an app?
Speaker 1: And then yes?
Speaker 5: And then I take my phone to the door and it opens as soon as I get closed.
Speaker 1: What happens when it doesn't work?
Speaker 5: Correct, That's when you need someone. I don't have to go there, but when you need a person, I would still like that to be a person there.
Speaker 6: I still want a physical too, we want like a want the card.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Seventy percent of American travelers are more likely to check themselves into a hotel using an app or a self service kiosk instead of walking up to a traditional front desk. Let's see what. Oh okay, So I went to the ACDC show in Vegas pre check in, I still have to go to the front desk.
Speaker 5: I still have line gets so, especially in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah they do, Yeah, they do, long says here. A hotel front desk used to be a hospitality feature. That is, when they're you know, properly staffed and the person knows what they're doing. Many people would rather interact with an app than wait in any kind of a line at the lobby. So obviously this option isn't available everywhere. But you like this. You want to skip everything and just open up the door with your phone.
Speaker 5: If I don't need anything, why do I need to see them line? Let me be an easy person. It's like TSA pre check I'm easy, Like, just let me go through.
Speaker 1: I know how to do this, Like that hotel's all in on your phone, like they're in your phone.
Speaker 5: I mean you have the app. Yeah, yeah, you have it anyway, so why not use it.
Speaker 1: So you open up the app, they send it to you like a virtual key. This is your room and just hit this and this will get you in your room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of wild.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, I mean I don't want to be a commudgeon about all these things that are changing. I don't.
Speaker 5: I still want you to have the option to go there, like I want my parents to have the option to go to the front desk.
Speaker 1: If you think about Airbnb and is it verbo, you you rent someone's entire house and you never see them, correct, and you're getting in and out of someone's house and you don't deal with that. There's nobody sitting at the front desk of our house that you're airbnbing. So with hotels now, they're like, you pay a million dollars.
Speaker 4: This could be a thing of the past, the front door.
Speaker 1: Do y'all check out of hotels?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That I never do. Okay.
Speaker 7: I think it's insane that people go and stand in the line to go turn a key in, or you can just leave, just sleep like.
Speaker 1: They'll know you're gone.
Speaker 5: It is polite to tell, like someone that's cleaning like if you see them on your floor, just be like, hey, I'm checking out that one's open, so they know you don't even do that. They don't have to talk. It's just a nice polite thing to do.
Speaker 4: Do you leave the keys on the counter?
Speaker 6: Do they reuse them just toss them? Or like sometimes they have the box like the Marry the.
Speaker 1: Boxing and I just walked past that, which leads me to believe that they recycle them. Yeah, you know what I mean, probably may probably and then rescan the I'm sure the clean them. I'm sure they don't. I didn't want germ.
Speaker 5: Up to come out.
Speaker 4: What's the dirtiest thing in a hotel room?
Speaker 5: The clicker?
Speaker 1: Clicker?
Speaker 5: I didn't know what it was called.
Speaker 1: It's called a flipper, that's to call it. Listen, if the hospitality industry is your gig, I imagine you're pivoting doing other things. But I never even would have dreamt that the hotel front desk is going away, not everywhere, but they're saying.
Speaker 4: That less and less people want to use it.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show, the buzz Oh, just check it out the video. Hey, good morning, rod Ryan Show. That's the butthole. The butthole surfers and Pepper. The recap video is up on our Facebook page. I just I just clicked on it and started watching it. Eli's so good, so good. He's so good at what he does. Thank you, Eli. It was funny when he was.
Speaker 4: The Eli's a friend on, friend off guy.
Speaker 1: And then the thing that's the biggest light against him is he kicks those dam he kicks those ice cubes.
Speaker 4: Under the freezer. If he drops one, get an ice cube.
Speaker 1: That's how.
Speaker 4: That's the flashers for me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so Alex. This big thing is not putting the grocery carts back, which is bad too. You driving with slashers. We learned that that's not something that you approve of. About that yesterday, I think it just tells It tells me everything I need to know about you. Is if you're getting ice and one falls on the floor and you kick it under the the refrigerator, tells me everything I need to know about you. Just pick it up. Just pick it up. Okay, you're renting, Okay, great? All right? Five. This video that he put together is so badass. It's so good. It's from Ditch Day. We were out partying on Friday most of you know that, and I want to thank everybody that came.
Speaker 4: Out to the party and hung with us.
Speaker 1: Alix, you were low key? Did you have something going on? Afterwards? I had to watch my kid.
Speaker 5: I figured it like, I'm like, mass you low key?
Speaker 1: Where's Alix? I was well behaved? Okay, you were pretty well behaved in one shot on stage and you guys, I couldn't find you. We had one bucket beer. I was shared. I had to I ubered to go pick my kid up from gymnastics, so I had to kind of behave myself a little bit too.
Speaker 4: I had some time though, I didn't have to get her until five, so I tried to, you know.
Speaker 1: Back off a little bit. Yeah, but that's why it's like, that's what all the shots, like trays of shots were going around at that point. That's when it got dangerous. One or two shots here and there. When it tray of shots shows up, you're like, oh.
Speaker 7: Come on, I just like there's ever a time where you're like, I'm glad we did all of those shots and.
Speaker 1: It's so much fun.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that it's not fun, but it's just like you're never like super stoked. You did ten shots the day before.
Speaker 4: Thank you to everybody that came out.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen Eli's video yet, it lives on our Facebook page right now at Rod Ryan's Show, go and check it out. It's really good.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to watch the whole thing.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The rod Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. That's Finger eleven Paralyzer. I just got done looking at most six picks. I forgot you had six picks this weekend.
Speaker 5: I did my homework.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got your picks up.
Speaker 5: Happy Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kings okay, yeah, yeah yeah. Most six picks are up on links and guests. We'll get into those next hour. We do have some rain coming later on this afternoon. I see now over a sixty percent chance. I'll keep it at that. I guess sixty seventy percent chances to get with thunderstorms.
Speaker 4: Two o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: We might be getting some storms rolling through, but then the rest of the week's not a washout like last week.
Speaker 4: Today highs of around eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Next hour, Monster Jam I got pit tickets, four pack of passes. Bring the fan down, Come say hi to us. We'll be out there October eighteenth at Energy Stadium where Metallica just crushed it this weekend. Yeah, this will make room for the monster trucks though in October. Right now, Moe with her six picks, she's got Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Thank you. The gunman accused of killing a Minnesota state representative was captured last night near his farm into a huge search that began after two separate shootings. I guess a motion triggered trail camera spotted him crawling across a field, and officers closed in a few hours later. The guy's not charged in the killings of State Representative Melissa Hortman and her husband and in the wounding of State Senator John Hoffman and his wife. Thority say he faces both state murder charges and federal warrant for fleeing prosecution. ICE has ordered agents to stop making immigration arrests at farms, restaurants, and hotels. Apparently they're worried that's the crackdown that's been happening as squeezing industries that are heavily relying on migrant labor. Officials say. The sudden shift follows complaints from growers, hotelers, and trade groups who fear losing staff during peak summer demand is going to cause a serious effect on their business. The change marks a short pivot for the Trump administration, which is voud to deport millions and recently top to one hundred thousand arrests this term. Wow, let's talk about Hines. They're the ketchup people.
Speaker 1: Like the ketchup people, right, they own the Pit'sfurgh Steelers or just the field part of the family does I don't know, yeah, Hinfield, right? Is that still a thing?
Speaker 6: Industrates across sure Field.
Speaker 1: It's not heinz Field anymore.
Speaker 5: Well, that ketchup needs more money then, because they are making breakfast ketchup a thing. They're trying to normalize putting on eggs.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: They need money.
Speaker 1: It's fine, I need money. You an't need money. I think it's something that's happening though, and I think they're just recognizing that, Hey, only.
Speaker 5: One in four people are like you and use ketchup on their eggs.
Speaker 1: We're a third. No, no, no, the numbers we are larger than you're giving us credit for. Because I put up a poll question this morning on the eggs Ketchup on eggs, Yes or no sixty seven percent, Nope, thirty two percent yep.
Speaker 5: So a third of our audience, our audience has spoken breakfast Ketchup.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. I don't know the difference between salsa and ketchup, but people seem to be really wildly open to salsa on eggs. Ketchup's not that bad at a stretch.
Speaker 5: I don't know on your eggs can justify I saying salsa is like making an omelet like a vegetable, and ketchup is just like.
Speaker 1: You don't like ketchup.
Speaker 5: I mean I dip in ketchup, but I don't want to. Soap's not that's what she said.
Speaker 1: I'm a ketchup guy.
Speaker 5: Heines is making special bottles and they're putting them out at waffle houses and they're labeling them breakfast Ketchup.
Speaker 6: It gets you some like catsup.
Speaker 5: Gross.
Speaker 4: Did you try to buy breakfast Ketchup dot com? I'm sure it's gone.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of overloaded on the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Alex Owens, listen.
Speaker 1: I should have never got him started on a tour and these wurls you bought breakfast wings dot Com, like you just put other stuff in wings and make it cool. He was gonna try to make chicken wings like a breakfast food.
Speaker 5: What would they be flavored?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Read them with like cereal? Try it. We did it. It wasn't bad. You did it. Yeah, bring me some breakfast wings.
Speaker 5: Is it pretty much done?
Speaker 4: That's gonna be?
Speaker 5: Is it pretty much done? Between Katy Perry and Orlando Bloomed it married since twenty sixteen. They've been together and they have a daughter, Daisy, who's gonna be five in August, which is wild that she's almost five.
Speaker 1: I feel like I just saw a video of them, like jumping out of a helicopter Ry and space. Well, I did see her in space, But the other thing I was going to say was I didn't know Orlando bloom was that jacked yeh ripped.
Speaker 5: Every time they're together, it's kind of like low key cool because they just want to be normal. So I don't understand these rumors that have been swirling for weeks. Supposedly they have different ideas of what they want for their lives going from here, and obviously Katie's concentrating on her comeback album and her tour, and so I don't know what Orlando want.
Speaker 4: I think the Space thing was a flop.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's why it's os embarrassed. I think it does add pressure to the relations She's like, I can't do this anymore. So the pain I haven't he gets it. But her tour is flopping, I think, so, Yeah, I don't think it's doing well.
Speaker 5: Her tours really fun.
Speaker 1: She's super talented. She's super talented interesting, so I imagine there's some extra stress in there.
Speaker 5: I didn't see Katie parm My bingo card today, but here we are. Let's talk about Paris Jackson.
Speaker 4: That's Michael Jackson's daughter.
Speaker 5: She got wrecked, I think is the appropriate word. Online. She has a show scheduled for her dad's death anniversary date. It's not even her show. She's opening for Incubus.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's a separate headline for me.
Speaker 5: That she's opening for Incubus.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: She's got to be friends with them, you know what I mean, She's got to be friends with Brandon or something.
Speaker 5: I think has nothing to do with the fact that she's Michael Jackson's daughter.
Speaker 1: Well, there's that, but I didn't know that she was number one. I didn't know that she would be paired with Incubis. I don't really know what her style. I don't know what her sound is like. So I was interested in the pairing of them too. How the hell did she get on that tour?
Speaker 5: Fair question, I'll find out.
Speaker 1: But your headline is she's getting dragged online because one of the dates of the show where she's opening for Incubus. Correct, it's on her dad's the anniversary of her dad's death.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sixteenth anniversary of Michael Jackson's passing.
Speaker 4: I work every year on the anniversary of my dad's death.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If it's not, if it's Monday through Friday, I work.
Speaker 1: On that day. I don't take off that day. My dad would want me to work. Just so, you're saying that the internet might be wrong, I'm just saying the people that insert themselves into other people's lives is so wild to me, me that you would think she's getting killed online. Yeah, she's like, I'm opening for Incubus. You think I came up with the tour dates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, said, it's not her tool, This is not her tour.
Speaker 1: There's a massive opportunity for her she's not gonna say, you know what, I'll do all the dates except for the date that dad died. It doesn't work like that. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's tape lines.
Speaker 1: People stink. Not the ones that listen to this show, No, no, of course not, but the people criticizing her for working. Come on, come on, what's the guy? Well?
Speaker 7: The Astros gout win Yesterday they beat the Twins two to one, and extra innings walked them off twice. Over the weekend, they swept Minnesota and have won five in a row. Tonight, the Little Bit up a four game series with the A's and Sacramento. Lance mccullors will be on the mound for the shows going up against the A's Michael or Mitch Spence.
Speaker 1: First pitches at nine oh five.
Speaker 7: You can listen to it on our sister station's Sports Talk seven Any News Radio seven forty K three EH. At the College World Series, Louisville eliminated Arizona and Coastal Carolina beat Oregon State yesterday. In golf, JJ Spahn when the US Open, finishing one under par. It was his first major title. And in basketball we got the Pacers in Thunder playing Game five of the NBA Finals tonight in Oklahoma City. That series is tied up two to two. You can watch it at it's gonna start at seven thirty. You can watch it on ABC.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, rock and alternative fair us.
Speaker 12: To the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: But ninety four the Buzz.
Speaker 4: Metallica Enter Sandman. They played it Saturday night.
Speaker 1: The only reason why I mentioned that is when they do those no repeat weekends when the city gets two Metallica shows. It's just that it's a no repeat weekend. The setlists are different both evenings. One night you go see Metallic, you're not hearing Entrews ham Man. Their catalog is so big. Can you imagine, like you know that song? I mean, but that's what happens, so they kind of did. It was a great setlist.
Speaker 4: They did play that song I'm just looking.
Speaker 1: Captain Cody was one of the guys that won tickets in the first five rows off the floor. Yeah, he sent us some pictures and like ron, I got to see all the Metallica winners wrote one through five that you gave away. Here's the picks. We had a great time, we were losing our minds. Mustang Mike was one of the guys we rocked with. Maybe Pia He wasn't sure, he said. The picture with me hanging over the rail. The lady in the picture, Debbie, was with the Make a Wish Foundation foundation. She had two kids there that wanted to see Metallica and one that wanted to see Pantera. Yeah. I ran into a couple of I don't know that I ran into anybody that we gave tickets too. Ran into a ton of people that listened to the station and listened to the show, and it was really, really fun.
Speaker 4: I made it into the snake pit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I got I did not start my day thinking that I was going to be in the snake pit. Snake pit is the inner workings of the stage where it's just the super duper duper duper expensive tickets. You know, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Metallica they really catered to that inner loop too.
Speaker 1: You know, because they got to play to a whole stadium people and you're walking around the whole and the set, the stage setup is very minimalistic. You know, there's not a bunch of clunky speakers around or what Lars Lars's drum set. It would go under the stage and then it must have traveled underneath and then it would pop up. So he played, you know, he played in four different sections of the stage, and then the.
Speaker 4: Guys just kind of walked around the whole time.
Speaker 1: But that was it. There was nothing else on the stage, and the stage was like a donut. So the snake pit is on the inside and.
Speaker 5: Then there's like little shoots out from the donuts.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, And it's amazing to me how much And I just wonder if everyone else the whole rest of the stadium did you feel they were They were paying enough attention to you. They were directing a lot of stuff inside that pit. Wow, they know people paid premium.
Speaker 5: For that, you know, and you also have to play for the guys in the six hundreds.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, Wild and Pantera did that.
Speaker 1: But I was amazed at how much time that Metallica played to the inside of that snake pit. They really really took care of those people. I'll tell you what. That band is so good, they're so great live. James's voice sounded amazing. I did get to run and I did have a little fame. I ran into Robert Trehelloh's son who plays bass. It's like eighteen years old. He plays bass for Suicidal Tendencies, now, is that way? Yeah? His dad, his dad was in that band a long time ago, before he was in Metallica, he played with them. So yeah, Trey was up on stage with Suicidal Tendencies and then I saw him in the pit. I did see Teresa's husband, Adam, got a picture with Mike Muhir from Suicidal Tendencies.
Speaker 4: Apparently he was running around inside the pit. I didn't see him.
Speaker 1: That would have been cool. I listened to him when I was in high school, so that would have been a huge deal for me. But I appreciate you guys sending me all these photographs.
Speaker 5: I love seeing all of them. And Rod you posted yours up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I posted, Yeah, They're on our Instagram a Rod Ryan's show, and they wound up getting on our Facebook page over the weekend. I mean, Metallica the like even the girlfriend's not a huge fan, yeah, and she was just blown away, like how great they are and how after they're done. I mean, we all agree, whether you like him or not. Metallica one of the biggest bands in the world right okay, I mean the top five biggest band in the world. After the set was over with, they stayed out there for ten minutes, thanking everybody and shaking hands and throwing picks and sticks and everything. And they're just walking around to make sure that they thanked every Thank you, Houston, thank you so much. I would like to know, and I'm gonna I'll shoot something over to my friend. There may have been an attendance record. That place was packed, no way, And I know it's probably a Rodeo show, right that's got the intendance.
Speaker 5: Record because Rodeo doesn't have the floor seats that these people had.
Speaker 1: Metallic So what would be an attendance. It wouldn't be a football game either. It's got to be something that allows floor access. Has Garth Brooks played Energy straight but he had like, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm very curious.
Speaker 1: I'd like to know if I think they had to be close to an intendance record for Energy Stadium on Saturday night. It was awesome. It was so great, and uh, a lot of people are sending emails that we gave away tickets three weeks straight. We gave away tickets to Metallica and then free beer Friday and then the pair of tickets Carla Smoke Show. Carla is the one that won the tickets on Friday afternoon in the drawing. Who drew the name? Me?
Speaker 5: Drew the name out of it, like went through all of them for the longest time.
Speaker 4: I did not want that pressure.
Speaker 5: I can handle it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I do not want.
Speaker 1: I never if there's any kind of a drawing to win something, let alone something that big, You'll never catch me putting my hands in that box. Ever. I'll blame it on one of the price pops. I'll make them grab it. I'm like, no, no, no, it's the guy that drove the van. Okay, it's John that drove the van. That's why. It's why you didn't win. Not me, girl. They heard it, all right, thank you man. It's really fun you guys sharing all this Metallica stuff with us.
Speaker 8: It was amazing.
Speaker 4: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: On the flip got a wreck check. We will find out what's trending. We'll go back to Energy Stadium and we'll talk about Monster Jam and we'll get you in the pits for Monster Jam, Rock and Alternative The.
Speaker 5: Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: All right, it's us we're back. We've got some Monster Jam tickets coming up for you. A bunch of you heard the announcement. I didn't, but I was. I was talking about the Metallica show and I said, God, it was so packed, and I wonder if they broke some sort of an attendance record. Live Nation and Metallica collabed on a post on Instagram. It said, the Seven World Tour takes over Houston. Congratulations to Metallica for setting the highest concert attendance record at Houston's NRG Stadium with over seventy five thousand fans. So that's whatever George Strait had, there was more people for Metallica.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny too, is what you I imagine.
Speaker 1: You could probably go digging for any concert posts and you know, you see people they're running hot right after the show. But just so many people saying, oh my god, that was the best night of my life. This was the greatest contract I've ever seen. It doesn't matter if somebody saw Metallica ten times or they were seeing them for the first time. People saying it was the greatest night of their life seeing this show. It was just such an unbelievable show. On sat congratulations man, Metallica deserves it with the with the new attendance record.
Speaker 4: That's huge.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex. What's trending? Paris Jackson is trending.
Speaker 7: We were talking about this earlier in headlines that people are mad at her for planning on opening for Incubus on the anniversary of her father's death.
Speaker 1: Well, I've already made money.
Speaker 4: How dare her schedule known on this?
Speaker 1: That's crazy to me. Yeah, somebody said that they saw her a couple of years back opening up for Breaking Benjamin Dude.
Speaker 4: I so we need to be listening to Paris Jackson's music.
Speaker 1: Check her out.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: We need to check this stuff out. She's a rocker. Yeah, but yeah, people are talking about that right now. Milf Monday continues to trend.
Speaker 7: We submitted to us by crane operator Josh to go check her out the world Famish rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. And then Neza is trending is she sang the national anthem at the La Dodgers game over the weekend in Spanish and people are definitely talking about that. Mad or pro that, So that was the whole thing. I think she was warned not to do it, and she still did do it.
Speaker 1: Is she not good at speaking Spanish? No?
Speaker 7: I think she's made a Spanish speaker that's saying, oh, okay, this starts spangled banner in Spanish. You're just taught off guard by it. But the internet is talking about it, right, that's just training. On ninety fire, the buzz Mo's six.
Speaker 1: Picks are getting a lot of looks. Oh, thanks than us, looks I'd like to go. Maybe we'll go dissect those coming up very soon. But we have some tickets to give away, and it's back at Energy Stadium.
Speaker 5: Oh heck yeah. It's actually four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam. Okay, so mark your calendar is October eighteenth, Energy Stadium. All the details ticketmaster dot com or if you're caller ten right now seven one three two one two five nine four.
Speaker 12: Five The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Bus All right, here we go ninety four or five to the buzz Good morning rod Ryan Show. It's the Gorilla. So the Clin Eastwood song help You're off to a great start to your day there, looks we do have some rain coming later on this afternoon. Up to a seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms should kind of roll through, get out of here, and then the rest of the week will not be quite the washout that it was last week. No, you're not big on the sweets, No, no, So where are.
Speaker 4: You at with fudge?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I don't like chocolate, but when I go to Bucky's, I get their caramel salted caramel fudge. Yes it's fudge, but there's no chocolate in it.
Speaker 4: But makes fudge fudge? Why is it fudge?
Speaker 5: This is just a marshmoll soft awesomeness.
Speaker 1: Like powdered sugar.
Speaker 5: Probably to be the Lord and it somewhere, did you guys?
Speaker 1: And I looked it up just to see because I don't want to always sound like the craziest person on the show. But years ago, my friend Ronda posted something and she said it was called grade school fudge.
Speaker 4: Okay, And there was this peanut butter fudge.
Speaker 1: They would make when I was in school, and it was just, you know, it was the dessert. And I tried to make it and it didn't come out quite the same. But I remember as a kid, just like you lost your mind over that square piece of pizza.
Speaker 4: But when they had that peanut butter.
Speaker 5: Fudge, can we gave it to you in the lunch room?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh this was before people had peanutalergies. This is like, you know things are here. This is like a little house on the prairie. Okay. When I was going to school, we're all in a church room, all the different grades. Yeah, they would, they would serve it, but it was it was peanut butter fudge, and I remember us losing our I didn't even like peanut butter when I was a kid, but the peanut butter fudge was i've ever had. I just googled grade school peanut butter fudge.
Speaker 5: Okay, what'd you find?
Speaker 1: There's like people are recognizing that. I think it used to be a thing. So because I think there was just like one standardized thing that all schools.
Speaker 5: Oh, everyone ate the same thing. What cafeteria?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. So I don't know if anyone has perfect any kind of a I would take a stab at trying to make it again.
Speaker 5: Just go to Bucky's.
Speaker 1: Your mom make up trades? Did you fudge grade school? Talking?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Did your mom make did?
Speaker 1: She she makes sweets? She makes everything.
Speaker 4: She makes fudge growing up fudge.
Speaker 1: No, she probably has. That's not one of her like regulars. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: It says that fudge is boiled like it's heated, took a certain temperature and then started to minimize like crystallization of like this sugar and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: The difference than that and just regular chocolate. Today's National Fudge Day, Yeah, and then on the same day National Fresh Veggies Day place, so I put some.
Speaker 5: I'm a salad girl, and I think that is crap.
Speaker 1: All right, send me your peanu about a fudge recipes. I'll try h Good.
Speaker 4: Morning rod Ryan's show. She's like, are you done talking about fudge? You're talking to me starting Katie, Where are you at with fudge?
Speaker 1: Yes or no?
Speaker 4: Thumbs up? Her thumbs down on fudge.
Speaker 1: I'm not a huge chocolate person as well, but I'll eat it for sure. But why are you guys associating chocolate with fudge. It comes a flavors, No, it comes in all flavors, for sure, it does. This is going to determine whether or not I like you. Oh great, catch up on the eggs or no?
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, Katie's my girl.
Speaker 1: I got her.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Rob, I'll take care of her. It's actually good news for you that.
Speaker 4: Your collar ten.
Speaker 1: Congratulations a Monster Jam sister.
Speaker 5: We got a four pack of tickets passes, so make sure you clear calendar. October eighteenth, NRG tickets go on sale for the general public on Tuesday at ten am ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my son is So that's Cameron. Who does your Karon?
Speaker 5: Who does I?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 10: You for the.
Speaker 2: Friday jump around day?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I hear from her.
Speaker 1: She's like, it's like a tradition, her and Cameron, they lose their minds over the jump around at seven twenty every Friday. It's right around the time you're dropping off, right. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 1: She's like, please don't ever look like get rid of that song. We got to have it right there. We need it to start our day.
Speaker 4: It's all right, Katie, thank you so much. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: You and Cameron and whoever else you're bringing, have an awesome time.
Speaker 4: Have a great time at Monster Jam.
Speaker 1: There's a pre sale that's happening now and then general admission, Like everyone can get in on tickets starting tomorrow, right, so we'll have tickets for you all week.
Speaker 4: Monster Jam we're going to be out there on October eighteen.
Speaker 1: Most six Picks getting a lot of looks. Did you really go out after did you go out after ditch Day with your girlfriend?
Speaker 5: I was it was mom signed out like I had a babysitter.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're an animal.
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at moh had six picks this weekend. There's a nice family photograph of us, and then there's some Cactus Cove happenings. I really was looking for you and your shot picture. That's what I was. I saw a couple I was before I know you got into a couple of those.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you to everyone that tagged met for Radio mo.
Speaker 4: Corn Bread Jess, are you okay?
Speaker 1: I'm okay, Okay, Well, I don't know. She can gets in the moon. Sometimes.
Speaker 5: We had a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You left Cactus Cove and says you caught happy hour. I did and sushi? I did, okay, all of that tequila and then you went out for sushi.
Speaker 4: She I that sounds insane, roes.
Speaker 5: I grew up eating taco bell and drinking out of a bathtub. I can handle anything, okay.
Speaker 1: I can think of all kinds of foods that I wanted to eat after after what we had done to my body.
Speaker 5: Did you eat at Cactus Cove?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I never do.
Speaker 1: Their food get busy so good, but I always get busy. That's why I ate here at ten o'clock. I said, lookten, I'm gonna eat right now because I know I get busy. And Gunner's real good. He's like, man, can I get you something? Can I get you something from the kitchen? And I'm like, yeah, I don't know. I just there was never a time you eat.
Speaker 5: I had to hide.
Speaker 1: It's the only time. It's the only time. Chub's over here forgets about eating. Like Alex lives his life, he forgets to eat sometimes he goes three days.
Speaker 5: Not this girl.
Speaker 1: I never forget to eat, except when we're that busy. Because the thing about Ditch Day, there's nowhere to hide. No, You're just there, that's it. You're in the wild.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 1: And it's like I just never sat down and ate, and people all, hey, you want some food. Moondo's like, hey, I got some wings. You want some wings over here? It just never was time. So you went out, you got some sushi with your little galpy. You went to a happy hour after ditch Day. Okay.
Speaker 5: I did change my shirt though, Okay, And that's for your advice on that one.
Speaker 1: Because Alex has the best story ever are about ditch Day. He had to go and do a remote at like I don't know, some phone place or something, and he didn't bring a separate shirt. So now he's standing out there and he's got wieners and everything and all the vileness that you guys right on these shirts.
Speaker 5: Mine wasn't too bad. Everyone was so kind to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know mine, just I'm gonna be honest with you. Yet I get home, that thing goes in the garbage. Yeah. I've seen people wear those things out before, and all the markers, the different color markers, that kind of a loot. It doesn't look like a white shirt.
Speaker 7: I forgot to grab one before the chili left on Friday, so I was just like, Oh, somebody else is it and they can have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't see you wearing one, so I told you I had to go pick up London.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I go. I can't show up at gymnastics wearing the shirt with wieners all over it. I changed. Yeah, I was smart. I kind of kept my wits about myself. I mean, I had a great time, thank you all.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, the best.
Speaker 1: So and then so you got some great pictures there you.
Speaker 5: Are afterwards, and then it was Father's Day weekend Sailor and Briggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're getting into some crafts over.
Speaker 5: Here, you know, making bird houses with their dad and dad.
Speaker 1: In the pool. I mean, normal, dad, this is great. This is great. Did Chili give you crap about more than six pins?
Speaker 5: Are there more than six? I didn't count. I was like, here's everything I did. Yeah, No, Chili doesn't give me crap yet. Really, Yeah, we're still cool.
Speaker 1: If I if I have seven pictures, I might ask me do a lot of crazy stuff. I hear about it. This guy gives me a hard time.
Speaker 4: If there's one.
Speaker 5: Picture over I make for Chili nine pictures in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right. If you haven't seen most six picks yet from the weekend, they're great. It's on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: All right, Empire Up, Empire on.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show on this MILF Monday, Man, thank you so much for having us on. I hope all your dad's had a wonderful Father's Day. It was a great day. It was awesome, and London had given me a little bell. She's like, anything you need, dad. She must have heard me talking about it. She must have caught just a little pit the end of the show in the morning and about the bell. She's like, Okay, I got you the bell, blah.
Speaker 4: Blah boom, whatever you need.
Speaker 1: So you know, she's in her room and I'm ringing the bell like there's nothing, there's nothing. I'm like, I'm ringing the bell. I need some water. Nothing like. The idea was there and like, yeah, the execution just didn't. It was the thought that comes like here's daddy, here's your bell. No, it was.
Speaker 4: It was really really good. Alex is an old pro.
Speaker 1: Now at Father's Day one time, did you get a present? I did?
Speaker 7: I got Academy gift card from l Well, yeah, yes that counts.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: She's having money, so I don't actually give where did that.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. She got it cowage. She got it done. She got it done. That's good. Wow, all right, hope all you king's had a wonderful Father's Day. Weekend Rock and al tearing rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am. Come on ninety four the bus, Nirvana and About a Girl rod Ryan's show on this MILF Monday, Summer of Loud Tour. Chilli's got us lined up to give those tickets away on Know the show next hour. That's the one with I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage.
Speaker 4: I mean still Dam's huge concerts.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a busy, busy, busy summer. I don't know. I'd like to get to the bottom of this too. People are saying that is it George straight Yes, they said that he had eighty thousand people at his show for the Rodeo.
Speaker 5: I'm not a detective, but I also heard.
Speaker 1: That Metallica was said to have broken the record having over seventy five thousand people. I'm no mathematician, but eighty is quite a bit more than seventy five thousand.
Speaker 4: Metallica their post with Live.
Speaker 1: Nations, Yes, who books that room books the stadium said that that was a new attendance record for a live event.
Speaker 4: For a live concert event.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what it's said, is George Strait.
Speaker 1: Because it's a concert event hybrid like rodeo.
Speaker 5: You know what, I know the fine print. Yeah, so we don't make the rules. We just read that.
Speaker 1: Is that not considered just a concert? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: It was a little confusing, but it was an awesome show this weekend.
Speaker 1: It really was Let's go one final time.
Speaker 4: Mo Houston said lines, thank you, sir.
Speaker 5: The gunman accused of killing a Minnesota state representative was captured last night near his farm, ending a huge search that began after two separate shootings. A motion triggered trail camera caught the guy crawling across the ground, and officers found him a few hours later. He's now charged in the killings of State Representative of Melissa Hortman and her husband, and wounding State Senator John Hoffman and his wife. Authorities say he faces both state murder counts and a federal warrant or fling prosecution. The newly elected pope was busy over the weekend. Pop Leo fourteenth spoke to thirty thousand people at the Chicago White Sox Stadium. It was his first address to an American crowd.
Speaker 1: Like a zoom call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was like on the live video scoreboard teams. It was pretty cute.
Speaker 1: Jesus, shit there.
Speaker 5: It was a bilingual event followed by a mass celebration, and pop Leo promised an in person visit very soon. He closed by blessing the city and the baseball team.
Speaker 1: So there must be somebody that puts together, you know, like he must have like a promotions director.
Speaker 5: Or something like somebody that where he does a tour.
Speaker 1: A tour director.
Speaker 4: Like he's got people, right, He's got.
Speaker 5: A team, but kind of like go to his website and be like, is he where's his next tour stop?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Does he have a whole social media team and they're supposed to be the Catholic one a pope? Is there a pope?
Speaker 5: Street teams Jesus, joel Ostein definitely has a tour schedule.
Speaker 11: I know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, yeah, that's just.
Speaker 5: Her future, like you sure?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So there's this doctor on TikTok that is causing quite the stir. Her post went viral with her expert opinion that urinating in the shower is not a good idea.
Speaker 1: Again, talked about this briefly this morning dudes stand up to whiz. Yeah, So one of her one of her criticisms seeing in the shower was standing up, so it must be directed at chicks.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 1: It's got to be we stand, you stand, but whiz I'm standing? Good to know?
Speaker 5: She says, your public public floor isn't going to relax appropriately, so you aren't going to be emptying your bladders super well if you're stand so, yes, it has to be for females. She also says if you pee in the shower, or if you turn on the faucet and then go in the toilet, then your brain is associating the running water with peeing, and that's not a good association, is what she says. Shut up, he's a physical fears, I am not a doctor.
Speaker 1: Most says, she's got nothing worried about. She said she's never even once even thought of peeing in the shower.
Speaker 5: That's not something girls at all.
Speaker 1: You're all lying if you say you don't pee in the shower, you're all lying.
Speaker 5: You're beautiful perfect specimens. Let's talk about Ryan Reynolds. Okay, not a perfect specimen.
Speaker 1: You don't like him perfect before this, justin BELLDENI situation, I liked him.
Speaker 5: You used to likens and now I know too much and I can't like him anymore.
Speaker 1: And the Blake Lively, It's ruined it for me.
Speaker 4: He went from being this you thought he was also like that.
Speaker 5: Like a dude's dude. Yeah, yeah, like really chill, don't like him now I know too much?
Speaker 4: Okay, what's this movie?
Speaker 5: Don't look into it. He has a production company and they're making an animated movie based on a children's book called I Eat Poop. Sounds appetizing, right, No, it's not some weird dark web thing. It's an animated film for kids based on a children's book called I Eat Poop, a dung beetle story. It's about a dung beetle named Dougie. He starts a new school in a new town. He struggles to hide who he is and what he eats, but then he comes back and saves the day and everyone's different. Kumbayah.
Speaker 1: That's what dung beetles eat poop. That's why they're called dum dung beetles.
Speaker 5: Ooh, I can't even know now, you know. Let's talk about godsmac place. Enough about Ryan Reynolds. They're reissuing their twenty fourteen album Is it one thousand HP?
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called It's one thousand horsepower.
Speaker 5: August eight, the two new vinyls, and it says really cool.
Speaker 1: One thousand Heuli packard, that's one thousand hp. I was like, am I even saying this right?
Speaker 5: It's a black vinyl pressing with the original US artwork, and then there's a color vinyl variant sporting the overseas cover, So you got to get both if you're a real fan. I love that vinyls are coming back. The Metallica ones that they had at their pop up shop looked like ty Die and cool. I just think it's a really cool art and I'm glad the artists are doing it.
Speaker 1: One thousand Houston Press, Shut up, I don't know phones? Head phones? Sure HP? All right, well we have this.
Speaker 4: On the music blog page.
Speaker 5: All those are Houston's headvines.
Speaker 4: Was it Wanneroo that got canceled this week nd there?
Speaker 1: They did the Thursday show and then everything else was wiped out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they couldn't do it because of the weather.
Speaker 7: So those were a free press. Summerfest used to just annually get canceled midway.
Speaker 1: I know, so bad weather. There's some good stories on that music blog page. Go ahead, Sports time Astros got to win. Yesterday, they beat the Twins two to one in extras. They slept Minnesota over the weekend, have won five in a row.
Speaker 7: Tonight, they'll open up a four game series at the A's in Sacramento. That's right, they play in a minor league ballpark because they can't get their own ballpark. Manson Colors will be in the mount for the Stros, going up against the A's. Mitch Spence first pitches at nine oh five. You could listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety News Radio seven forty K TIERH. At the College World Series, Louisville eliminated Arizona and Coastal Carolina beat Oregon State last night in golf JJ Spawn when the US opened yesterday, finishing one under par. He was the only person in the entire field that finished under par, and it was his first major title in basketball. The Pacers in Thunder are going to play Game five of the NBA Finals tonight in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: That series is tied up at two games a piece.
Speaker 6: Tip ups at seven thirty and you can watch it on ABC.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: Houston Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Boss, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, thirty seconds to Mars and the Kill.
Speaker 4: What's going on with Jared Lettle right now? He's being looked at.
Speaker 1: There's some accusations and some things, and you know, we've been friends with him for a long long time. I hope none of that stuff is true. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Man, He's just no excuse but true. But man, talk about it.
Speaker 1: A great guy from what I know of him, and I was just telling Mo, I said, he's so famous, yet he still calls radio stations and he's called radio wizard before.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, man, I see you're playing my song and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: He's a guy that keeps track of spins and he knows he knows what radio stations are playing his song and how many spins he's getting a month.
Speaker 4: And a week and stuff like.
Speaker 1: He keeps track of that stuff all while being he played the joker and you know, famous, his famous. He's a list guy. He won an Academy Award for Dallas Buyer's Club. So again, we'll continue, We'll follow this story and we'll see what happens. My good news is up he did he wrapping up this week the trial.
Speaker 5: I just saw breaking news that one of the jurors got released. Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 8: Saying.
Speaker 5: They're questions about his conflicting answers on where he lives.
Speaker 1: Okay, and they're just trying to find some way to get this thing to be a mistrial. You know, but it might be the last week. I thought this thing was going to be way bigger than it is. I imagined in some people is worlds. They're they're following this, the fact that court TV or it's not on TV every day. It's just.
Speaker 4: I thought it was going to be an OJ thing.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be like Trial of the Century type of thing, and it just doesn't seem to have that. You know, the implications are there, the accusations are there. It's it's this man's life and he could be going away to jail for a long long time. But the press, it just hasn't been Did you guys think it was going to be bigger? I didn't. Yes, I thought it was gonna be way bigger. I thought it was something we were going to talk about every single day. I'd throw it up on the Crazy Criminal blog page, probably three days a week. Hey, here's what happened yesterday in the Diddy trial.
Speaker 4: No one's talking.
Speaker 1: About it, like it's not a hallway thing or it's nothing.
Speaker 5: I only know what I get TMZ alerts more.
Speaker 1: Nobody's talking about Nobody that I've been talking to is has ever mentioned it to me? Not even once.
Speaker 4: Whole question this morning kept up on eggs.
Speaker 5: How's that looking?
Speaker 1: Uh, we're seventy two percent, No, twenty eight percent. Yes, one out of three of our audience is uh?
Speaker 4: Is ya to ketch up? My argument? I'm a ya ketchup guy.
Speaker 1: The people that think it's gross if you tell me you put salsa or hot sauce on your and you put that on.
Speaker 4: Your eggs, and then you tell me that what.
Speaker 5: They're so different, But.
Speaker 8: You got it.
Speaker 1: They're in the same family. Not really that the people that are disgusted by ketchup yet they're like, oh, salsa, yeah.
Speaker 5: Just because they both have tomatoes.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, that's it.
Speaker 4: There's my argument.
Speaker 1: It's not that crazy. It's not that crazy crazy. You cannot tell me that you love salta on eggs. And think that you're insane for putting ketchup on the eggs. You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't be that same person.
Speaker 1: No, you can, you cannot. You could be.
Speaker 5: No, I put hot sauce on everything.
Speaker 1: Like the commercial. Okay, Hilly Clifton, don't ever say that to me. What's the hillary they carry it?
Speaker 5: Enter bag?
Speaker 1: Well, breakfast Really, Heine's Ketchup is trying to normalize ketchup on eggs. They're adding labels that say breakfast Ketchup to bottles at uh at waffle houses. So this is kind of like a thing that waffle houses are going to get. And then we'll see if somebody jumps on this and you'll see on store shelves, will there be Now there's no change in the recipe or anything. It just says breakfast ketchup. Trying to normalize it, which I think, yeah, you should be normalized.
Speaker 7: Should have to change that can cause break chup. There's something different. You can't just have like breakfast ketchup. You got to separate yourself from ketchup. Let's just make you ketch up.
Speaker 1: Didn't they do like ketchup? A's like something mixing mayonnaise.
Speaker 5: Some one of the Europe.
Speaker 1: But somebody, what was it called I know it up or maya. Yeah, they were, they were mixing them together. Yeah, you just gotta if you rebrand, I think it's fine. It's just saying ketchup on eggs that preaks people out. If you call it a different thing, people are like, Okay, that's a new thing that somebody's put it on eggs. From the guy that owns breakfast Wings dot cos wings are a good idea.
Speaker 7: You know, it's bread wings and like cereal and stuff like that. If you want a little sweet kick to.
Speaker 1: It, ketchup at the breakfast table and chicken wings serve it.
Speaker 6: Saying that'd be like a good food food truck idea.
Speaker 5: I want them.
Speaker 1: I'll try them. Not bad.
Speaker 5: I wanted them before you called me Hillary Clinton, but now I'm mad.
Speaker 1: A lot of hill Dog, a lot of food news, a lot of food stuff for you on the on the world famous Rod Rayanchl page at the buzz dot com. And most six picks for the weekend, you.
Speaker 5: Sir, Happy Father's Day, you king?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, so most six picks. Lots of stuff.
Speaker 1: I posted a ton of meatallica stuff. Some video from Pantas era it's all on our Instagram, which made it. I think we must have our Instagram link to our Facebook, so it's just it automatically generates there. But if you wanted to go to our Instagram today and see some great ditch date pictures Pantera live, Metallica live, our Instagram is on fire right now at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show and I need five.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show MILS Monday, number one link today. I hadn't really mentioned looking at girls blog page doing very well, there's a bunch.
Speaker 4: Of food stuff.
Speaker 1: Somebody's cooked a steak inside of a dishwasher. Hear me out. You put it in a bag and there's hot water involved.
Speaker 4: Sue v ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: Dishwasher fish too? Okay, somebody cooked a steak in a dishwasher. It's on the food blog page, and I think it might be on three things you must see. I was making a face. I don't know. I mean, it's in a bag, it's in a bag, it's being cooked with hot water.
Speaker 7: My landlord won't pay to get my dishwasher fixed, so I might start trying out some uh, maybe I'll try some to.
Speaker 1: It'll be a whole whole series of you over there cooking inside your dishwasher.
Speaker 4: But if the water's not getting hot, it won't work.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, there's like the racks are all just broken, and now it's on me to fix, even though I didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well i's got a story for another time. You can't wait online, Kid's alex online?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: What you got today? All right?
Speaker 7: Today's aol is movie fonts you're going to I thought it was just regular a bunch of different movies.
Speaker 1: That are all Disney movies I've just recently discovered.
Speaker 7: But uh so you canna be looking at a bunch of just the fonts from Disney movies, the movie posters, and you're trying to guess what movie that font is from.
Speaker 1: I got Miwana instantly. It's very very clear. Faunt Molana's God.
Speaker 7: Even I've not seen the movie, but uh yeah, it's pretty pretty simple.
Speaker 6: Exactly what I said. You're gonna look at.
Speaker 7: A bunch of different fonts and be like, this is the Disney movie that is from? See how many you can get correct?
Speaker 1: I saw? I think it was Todd Voss got eight out of ten.
Speaker 6: Josh Tree got four out of ten, so they'll see if you can get ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: It's a world fans rod Ryan Show pages gloves dot com. All right, The rod.
Speaker 12: Ryan Show on ninety five, the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan' show. It's pop a roach rod Ryan's Show on this Monday. I hope you guys had a great weekend. You do have three things you must see. That's where the UH for the food and wine is the one that did this. It's like a website magazine. Yeah, can you cook a steak in the dishwasher? That's on three Things you Must See. I think there's a giant lobster on there, like a twenty one pound lobster. They got re released, so you can check that out. And then and you gotta remind me the rules on this? How do you I know the game, but how do you advance? There's a bunch of kids in Anaheim, California. They help break a world record the largest game of red light green Light. It went down last month. They had one, four and twenty three kids taking part and they broke the record. Didn't they do it?
Speaker 4: On you didn't watch the Squid game. No, did you guys play red light green light?
Speaker 5: Yes? I have a trauma story from that.
Speaker 1: Okay they invented that. No no, no, no, no, they didn't invent it. They broke the record for the most people doing it. How do you move forward? Red light? Green light? Are you asked questions?
Speaker 5: Now you've seen it in the light, you've seen it in the line, and then the person that's in charge or the boss guy, yeah, says red light you stop, green light you run, red light you stop.
Speaker 1: How do you win?
Speaker 5: Whoever passes the guy in charge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pass a finish line. So like when he says, go it's the fastest kid run, Yes, you don't have an actual light, right, They would just say red light, green light. Yeah, we did that in gym yep. Okay, So it's just who could move the quickest during the green light. That's it. There was no like answer if you got.
Speaker 6: Really close and like red light and you're still going because you're running, and then you're out light.
Speaker 1: On Squid Game, they were randomly like blowing people away here and show they were shooting.
Speaker 4: People something during red light Green Lives.
Speaker 1: Sorry I miss that, which red Rover, come over.
Speaker 5: It where you try and run food people that are holding my shirt got ripped off.
Speaker 1: So what is your traumatic story about Red Light Green?
Speaker 5: That was about that other one red Rover Red Rover and I was holding's hand and they were holding my shirt because I was wearing a long sleeve and they ran through us and my shirt ripped off in elementary Squl traumatizing. That's why I keep my shirt on from now on.
Speaker 1: Really, speaking of games, a, Alex, this is I mean, you've been on the show the longest. Jason says, good morning, brother Rod had been sending you this email and you're not getting back to me. Do you remember the game way before the Texas Hammer game, which I thought he was gonna say, Okay, that was the Mylo Milo game we used to do.
Speaker 4: I used to have Milo Hamilton do all the lyrics.
Speaker 5: Okay for me, that's cool, super cool.
Speaker 1: And mylot loved it. It was it was the Milo Hamilton game. And then I thought I'd never do it again. But I'm like, man, let me just ask mister Adler if he would do it. So we kept it going. So he said, long before the Texas Hammer game, you played the lyric of a song and the tenth caller had to guess it, and you did it for a whole week and no one got the lyric. It was the Chili Peppers and the lyric was just another good vibration. If you don't remember, maybe ask the listeners. Thanks love the show, Jason, Jason, I don't remember that. How did it go off? Whole week?
Speaker 4: I'm saying, how did it go a whole week?
Speaker 1: But I understand what he said, and maybe I kind of remember because I would I would take the tenth caller and one person would have a shot.
Speaker 5: At it every day, So maybe they didn't hear it the day before.
Speaker 1: That made me. I don't know. I don't remember it, dude, somebody will.
Speaker 4: Somebody will.
Speaker 1: You can email me other John will know. Damn it.
Speaker 4: Somebody asked me about a game. It was that Ditch Day got five seconds?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Three?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 7: Do we have that?
Speaker 8: You have that?
Speaker 1: Is it just the five second rule? Game? Five second rule?
Speaker 4: Have we not played that in forever?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: It's Dinah singing right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have all the music and stuff for it? Look? Because I know I used to play some of that stuff in the other building. Off the CD. Wow. Yeah, I had CD players. It was so glorious.
Speaker 5: Pop them in real fast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was glorious. It was. It became more of a backup, but there was. I would use them every day, though, I would use them. They were every single show. I had a whole rack of CDs behind me and the other building. They're still there? Can we still get in the building? I don't know. I left all those cities. Okay, what do you got here?
Speaker 6: I think it says intro, so I would imagine that's what.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me listen.
Speaker 1: Got seconds? Two three rights? Oh here's me and two get three second? All right? I did hear dinah a lot?
Speaker 4: Okay to play that five second rule game, I mean that explained.
Speaker 1: How to play. You literally just had to. He'll the big name got five seconds to get three Jesus and you have five seconds go and I was on a timer. Yeah, and one too. Can we play get it? You're done? Can we play that tomorrow? I would love to play that tomorrow. Let's play tomorrow. Second game. We'll consider it done, buddy. Okay, we gotta write some new jingles for modicing.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I like the ones you already have.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep the ones we have. I'm gonna work the new ones because Alex will get so mad because I command. I'm like, dude, I got a melody in my head. We got to do this, and I would make everybody those were done. One take, obviously, one take. First thing in the morning, I had to teach. I had to teach everybody the melody. And I'm like, okay, boom, this is what's going on. This is what happens in my head on the.
Speaker 4: Way to work.
Speaker 1: All right, five second rule game tomorrow is not the name of it. Five secondal game. The five second rule game starts right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we'll play that tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 1: For let's play at eight twenty four offspring tickets tomorrow. That's a good kid, all right, Greg Ryan Show Fun ninety four or five the buzz. Here we go, smash your fuck Bess.
Speaker 4: Ninety four and five to the buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. On this Milk Monday, we got rain coming later on this afternoon. Seventy percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms. I don't know last time I looked those around two o'clock or so. Sick of the rain. You can't say we needed it, Okay, like this, it's like that old dad answer, well, you know we needed it.
Speaker 5: No, we don't help the grass grow, don't.
Speaker 1: We don't need it. Let's see sixty chance four o'clock today. So it is sliding backwards a little bit, all right, just the time for your drive home. Quick reminder, it's summer. I think we're coming up on summer. The day where it turns officially summer coming out. You know, we all kind of think we're in summer right now. Parents get very, very busy, and I get it because people almost get upset with me the way that I talk about summer. They're like, Ron, you are an adult. You don't have summers off. I go, I know, but there's still something cool magical about summer to me, even though I'm not a teacher and I don't have summers off. I have to be here every day, but we're going to work. Kids are off. Seventy percent of kids say their parents are too distracted and not doing enough with them. That's a lot.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of all of the activities that kids want to do more with their parents. Number one answer, go to the beach and I have not planned a beach day yet, right. I take London down to Galveston, and I get it. Some people crap on it.
Speaker 5: It's what we got, very convenient.
Speaker 1: It's our beach.
Speaker 4: It's convenient.
Speaker 1: It's here. And you know what, she's know any better. Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 5: So she thinks maybe you're setting the bar. She thinks it's pretty cool. There's a lot of stuff to do in Galveston. I was just looking over the weekend because we're going this weekend the coming weekend, and I was like, what are the best spots for toddlers in Galveston?
Speaker 1: What do you do when you go down to Galveston.
Speaker 5: So we go to Bolivar, so we're over on Crystal Beach, but I'm gonna drive down through Galveston so I can stop at that big BUCkies. Yeah, and then we're gonna hit up that in Texas City yeah yeaheah. And then we're gona hit up the old candy store on the Strand. I've never been there. It's called like La King's or something like that, and they make tappy yeah yeah yeah, and that just feels like summer to me. So I'm taking my kids there for the first time.
Speaker 1: So the of the activities that kids want to do out this is for the young young kids that still want to hang out with you. Okay, I don't how cell phones get I know what's coming. Okay, I know what's coming. I know they're like, oh, I can hang out with my dad. Top activities that kids want to do with their parents.
Speaker 4: Number one was go to the beach.
Speaker 1: Sports pool, movies park, camping there.
Speaker 5: Go Alex, Alex, take my kids camping.
Speaker 1: No, I would I would not do that. You have ten I thought you borrow it. You have a four day trips to the Zoo Museum amusement park. Top things that kids want to do.
Speaker 5: So ye're busy.
Speaker 4: That's sad that kids say, Oh my god, my parents are too busy.
Speaker 1: They're too busy. They're working. We're not doing anything.
Speaker 5: Got to pay for stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how I grew up.
Speaker 1: Kid, You'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are you giving away?
Speaker 5: I know the show A pair of tickets in the summer Allowed Tour, pretty awesome. I prevailed Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch Engage, and Parkway Drive. They're going to be at the Woodlands Pavilion on June twenty eighth, tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com. Or we got a pair for you.
Speaker 1: A lot of kids at Metallica.
Speaker 5: We're there a lot of kids like age tennis.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 5: That seems appropriate.
Speaker 1: Nine, go for it.
Speaker 12: Eight.
Speaker 5: Eight Did you see anybody?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, I didn't.
Speaker 5: But it was a late night.
Speaker 1: Just you think My parents sat around and said, you know what, wonder what our kids want to do this summer.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should plan a trip to the beach. My parents didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's like it's the summer. Get out of here, go drink from a water hose all day. I'll see you at.
Speaker 5: Supper, right, don't come home till it starts.
Speaker 1: Was that all day?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There was no like, hey, did you get enough to eat and drink today?
Speaker 4: It's like, no, be here for supper at five.
Speaker 5: So you're saying you didn't go to metallic as a child, No, And I do.
Speaker 1: It now too. I took my kid Buzzfast and all that. All right, So we got these great Summer of Loud tour tickets coming up for you. After the Right cit.
Speaker 13: Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. One last bit of business to get to some great tickets here the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five. I Prevail, Bear to Kill, Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, Devil Wears Prada, The Amity Affliction, Alfa Wolf. I mean, you're getting all these bands on June twenty eighth of the Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets on sale now Ticketmaster. You can win a pair from us.
Speaker 4: Mow the show. Okay, mom, which a question?
Speaker 5: Which American rock band is Paris Hilton opening for currently?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Oh, taking crap for that seven.
Speaker 5: One three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Caller ten will start with you if you mow the show. Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five to the best station from iHeartRadio, Houston's rock and altern it in Rod Ryan Show wrapping things up for a Monday. Thank you so much for spending some time with us. I hope it was a great start to your to your work week and your Monday scanning thunderstorms Now they got those pushed back. I mean, you know, there's a chance throughout the day just kind of being pesky. But for four o'clock looks like we might be. It's our best chance of us in rain coming down today. The rest of the week doesn't look to be a washout, which is great.
Speaker 4: Let's wrap this stick up now.
Speaker 1: Time for I Know This Show on ninety four to five. L La La La La La La La la La la la la la. Good morning, Rob Ryan's show. Alron, Hello, Hey, the answer is today. Dude. Have you ever heard this show before?
Speaker 4: You ever heard us?
Speaker 1: Do this.
Speaker 7: Know the show?
Speaker 8: Yes, I've actually been watching.
Speaker 2: I've been listening since I moved here.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 5: What's your name?
Speaker 1: We'd like to get a little info on you and then maybe have MO ask you the question and do all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Your name's Tyler.
Speaker 1: Where are you from? Sorry from California?
Speaker 8: Originally?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: How long you been here?
Speaker 1: I lived here.
Speaker 8: Since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Awesome? Good to have you on board, Tyler. Now we may have made a mistake. Did you say I made this mistake earlier today?
Speaker 5: Earlier today? I don't know why you and I both have made this mistake.
Speaker 1: Now we were talking about Paris Jackson. Did you say Paris Hilton?
Speaker 5: I said Paris Hilton when I was asking the question. The first time.
Speaker 1: Well, she also does DJ has opened. So just to be clear, Paris Jackson, what's your question on MO.
Speaker 5: The show today? The question is which American rock band is Paris Jackson opening? For Tyler. This is where you get to answer.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you business right answer.
Speaker 5: Think that's right.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear you say Paris Paris Hilton.
Speaker 5: Also, it's not weird that that's like a slip of the tongue when you say Paris. The first thing I think that is Hilton, not like even France. I think Paris Hilton.
Speaker 4: But you said I did that this morning.
Speaker 5: You did it this morning.
Speaker 1: I didn't even catch it. One right over my moall dead, Tyler, you're the winner. What are you giving the Tyler?
Speaker 5: How about a pair of tickets to the summer allowed to her.
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I prevail, Bear Tooth, Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive in the Woodlands June twenty eighth. It's coming up tickets ticketmaster dot com. Yeah, thanks for hanging out, all right, thanks, thank you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks Tyler, hang on for me. People say that Paris Jackson rocks. Yes, somebody saw her open four breaking Benjamin.
Speaker 5: I think we're gonna listen to her after the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do want to. I want to check them out, all right. Brandon Brandon was the guy that was fresh out of Bad Head to Head. Other John came in and beat him. Other John a couple of times. He's been in that Hall of Fame, so he came in. He's got the win, so he's kind of running the show now. So we'll be back with Other John tomorrow morning six twenty. We played this little silly game called the Fresh out of Bad Head to Head Challenge. Katie was a big winner today she's taking her son. She's she's the one that listens to jump around with us every Sunday or every Friday. She won the Monster Jam tickets. We're getting away Monster Jam tickets that go on sale tomorrow. General admission will go on sale tomorrow at ten am. There's a pre sale that's going on right now. You can go look around and try to get in on that. Lucy wrote me an email last week Lusita, and she was talking about is their daughter's name Nix? Yes, Okay, I think they're listening right now, and Nix is going through a few things and she's, I mean, the sweetest email and they listen together every morning, and it's just like Nix just sounds like just the greatest kid ever. And she even mentioned that she might be dressing up as me for Halloween this year. So, Nix, if you're listening, man, we're all rooting for you, and you sound like a pretty amazing kid. So I'm going to ask Lucita if I can kind of share this story with everybody.
Speaker 4: But I just know that they happen to be listening right now and this would be a great.
Speaker 1: Story to tell. I would love to share this with everybody, So Nix, we love you and stay strong. All right. Offspring tickets tomorrow at eight twenty The Five Second Rule Game. All right, I got some work to do over here on my end. I gotta get ready for that game. It's been a long time since we played that. I think that's everything, right.
Speaker 5: It's a busy morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Jeremy's up next NonStop noon or picking tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, and then we're gonna come back tomorrow. We got a twenty hour break. We're gonna do this whole thing all over again. We'll do it even better. In The Five Second Rule Game, at A twenty.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we have that pod.
Speaker 1: I have to go listen to an old podcast of it or something. No, we got it. I have to reteach myself the song, you know what I mean. I have to reteach myself the game how to Play Guys have an awesome one.
Speaker 3: Hey I'm out.
Speaker 1: Well wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.