Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kfi Mo Kelly, We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and it's Tech Thursday.
Speaker 3: On a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Marsha Collier joins me in studio. We missed you last week because other stuff was going on last week.
Speaker 4: Overall, there's been so much stuff going on on this planet that think about it. In the past three weeks, it's been earthshaking almost every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally earthshaking with the number of earthquakes we've had, and it's just been so much going on. But having you back in studio makes it feel just a little bit more normal.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Mo. And I have to tell you I love shopping and we all have the holidays ahead of us. We all have to buy gifts Dewey, Yeah, okay, I suppose. And there's white elephant gifts for work and there's things like that. We all have to do this, and I wanted to come here today to give you some tips, give everybody a bunch of tips how to organize it, because I have to admit I am the ultimate shopper.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to be joined by the ultimate shopper because we have not only the holidays, we have office parties, we have birthdays, like my birthday's coming up, so mine too. That's right, So you have people that you may want to shop for. Nurse Obviously, Black Friday are November twenty ninth that a lot of people will be spending money on. Is there a strategy that you employ to prepare to get the best stuff at the best prices on Black Friday?
Speaker 4: I'm ready. First of all, I want to tell everybody who doesn't know, Black Friday is called Black Friday because in business, a retailer comes should come out of the red on Black Friday. And then that's followed by Cyber Monday, which which is Black Friday, is the Friday after Thanksgiving. Then we've got Cyber Monday, which is the Monday after Thanksgiving, and then there's a Green Friday that I'm not real clear about.
Speaker 2: Just people are just finding another way to get you separated from your money.
Speaker 4: So you have to plan ahead. This is the thing. We're living in an economy now. We want our dollars to go further. We want to buy nice gifts, and we may not be able to afford to buy the best and the greatest. I want you to go about the things we talk about now and look for the best you can afford. I don't want you to read reviews on the internet. If you're at Amazon, I'd like you to read what real people have to say, like confirm purchases, Yeah, verified Verified. They may be fake too, but I can tell you that everywhere I looked when I was researching Black Friday, all I found were sponsored stories. Buy this. We may have links on this page, so we make money and I'm sponsored.
Speaker 3: Explain for people who don't know when you say sponsored, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't do this. But what you can do is you can get affiliate links, put them on your website or share them on social media, and when someone clicks that link, for example, they if you buy after you click on their link, there's a code in it that gives them a commission. And it used to be that everything you bought for the next week. I don't know if it's changed. It's just something I don't really participate in, except when I give give a link to my books. That's about it. But they get a commission every time you click one of those links. So if you don't want to give them a commission. You can just copy the name of the product and paste it into Amazon or the website.
Speaker 2: Stop giving away all my secrets because I do it all the time.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, you have to and you know it doesn't hurt. Before you actually start the physical shopping. To clear the cache on your browser for those.
Speaker 2: Who don't know, cacche not cash.
Speaker 4: And you can do that by going into the settings. You don't have to clear out your passwords and things, but clear out what's called cookies and cookies are left on your computer, your tablet or your phone. To let these websites, Oh they've been here already. Let's raise the price. Let's jerk up the price.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't do that, would they. Because you're a frequent shopper, you should get benefits for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one would think, wouldn't one. Okay, So what you need to do ahead of time, and this is really important, start making your list now. If you know what that person is into, just put that next to their name. Then maybe a dollar amount so you can budget how much you're going to be spending for Christmas. Don't forget the people you work with, don't forget the teachers, don't forget people you go to church with. Just put everybody, Am I going to bake cookies? Okay, that's in there, but have your list ahead of time, and that way you won't kind of be faced on Black Friday with oh my, what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question, because customarily for me, I almost buy nothing on Black Friday.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go to a physical location, big box retailer.
Speaker 3: That's out. I'm not dealing with that mess.
Speaker 2: I will do a lot of shopping on Friday, which I basically turn into a cyber Friday, and I'll do a cyber Monday. Aren't we at a point where just about every retailer is making either as much money or more money on Cyber Monday than the traditional Black Friday.
Speaker 4: Well, actually it's going back and Black Friday is cyber now. Black Friday has taken over. So you've got number one being Black Friday. You're going to get like televisions, you need a new television. I guarantee you the best prices of the year are on Cyber Friday.
Speaker 2: I don't need to so I don't have to drive my ass down to Target and fight with people anymore.
Speaker 4: No, and let me just tell you retailers most all will be running sales. So, for example, if you want to buy your college student child a laptop, go to the ACER website, search the brand, but Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, Best Buy, Target, Adorama if you're familiar with them, be an h their photographic and Electrical and home depot, Lows Nordstrums are going to be running, blasting sales, just blasting sales, and you know you know how much money because you start your list tomorrow. Seriously, it doesn't pen paper. You don't have to put it on a computer because that way you can stick it in your pocket and carry it around with you. And if you want to add somebody, you just add somebody.
Speaker 3: Let me jump in there real quick.
Speaker 2: We know that people are more inclined to spend money on Black Friday. Isn't it safe to assume that these retailers just because are going to jack up these prices and then say that they're offering thirty percent off.
Speaker 4: And you just thank you for that, thank you for that softball. Uh. There's a website called Camel Camel Camm Camel cim E l c am E l c am E l dot com. You can go on there, and they track a product's price over time on Amazon keep other places, and they display the price history on the page. Also, Honey as a price history for other retailers like Walmart, best Buy. So use these things, and I know Honey is something you have to install. I don't know the people of a browser is. I think it's a browser extension, and I don't like doing that. I don't like to give away my privacy of my browser. So if I did that, i'd install it and uninstall it asap. I do that with apps all the time. But I use Camel Camel Camel in another window to check the prices, and if you see a price that looks good, you run it on. Camel can also do a Google search on the brand and the serial number, and once you do that, you know where the best price is. Go get it before it sells out.
Speaker 2: You gave us a lot of information, But are there any When we come back, I would like to talk about some maybe shopping portals which are off the beaten path that we should also give some consideration other than the eBay, the Amazon or the Walmart target.
Speaker 4: I got your covered mode, all.
Speaker 2: Right, It's later with mo Kelly It's tech Thursday on a Tuesday. Marshall Callier joins me in studio k if I AM six forty Live Everywhere, the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: As Black Friday approaches, we have tech Thursday on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Am I getting any more? Days? And the weekend? This intro Marshall Collier.
Speaker 2: Last SEK we were talked about Black Friday, some things to do in preparation and some dudes and don'ts, tips and tricks. But I believe most people are inclined to go to the Amazon dot com, the Walmart dot com, the Target dot com, the usual suspects. Are there any off the beaten path where there's not only a good deal, but possibly a good portal to visit?
Speaker 4: Well, I got you covered. I love bargain shopping. There's a website called I'm going to give you a few of them woot dot com. Woot dot com that used to be a small, really funky community type website and people loved it. It was great. They even have a particular item that they have for five dollars called.
Speaker 3: A bag of crap, a bag of crap.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it's paper bag and you don't know what's in it, and that'll show up on the page every so often everybody dives in to buy it because sometimes that's interesting. It's got really great stuff in it. Right, how many years have I been chasing that?
Speaker 3: You just buy a bag of something sight unseen?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: I've bought dollars five dollars and people get electronics. They've been bought out by Amazon, so you know there's going to be Amazon overstock there. There's going to be item a lot of items from Amazon. They're going to be bought out stuff from other places. So that's a really great place to go. I'm my family. Unfortunately at Christmas, I'll say, uh been shopping at uh Wood huh oh.
Speaker 2: It sounds like that'd be great for white Elephant gifts, Secret Santa things of that.
Speaker 4: My husband bought one hundred toothbrushes for eighteen dollars, just.
Speaker 2: In case you run out of friends, k What are you doing, Kirk? That's ae hundred too. Are you going into business now?
Speaker 4: They're going in stocking stuffers?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 4: So here and I brought this one for you. This is one called Brad's Deals br D S DEA L S. And I've been shopping these people for ages and this is the email they sent me Saturday, and you have to go there every day to find the deals. Thirty one dollar heated throw, fifty percent off toys at Coal's, fifty dollars Oakley Sunglasses, Here's a French door air fryer for sixty eight bucks. Food Network ten piece cookwear for fifty five bucks plus a ten dollars gift certificate. Nike Max XC shoes forty nine bucks, and sixty percent off Ralph Lauren blankets. Okay, they send this email out regularly. You go to their website and you won't believe what you see. It's pretty amazing. My other favorite, no, these are all These three are my favorites. And Slickdeals dot com s L I C K D E A l S dot com another one. They will peet when people find deals on the Internet, they post it on Slick Deals, So it's kind of like a reddit for bargain shopping, and you never know what's going to come up there because people will post them, other members will verify them, say yeah, I got the deal. Good thing, and you get reviews. It's really a great site. So you've got WoT Brad Steals Slick Deals. Then consider what's it called retail me.
Speaker 3: Not retail me not?
Speaker 4: They have coupons, which is I'm not a big online coupon he so.
Speaker 2: Either of mine. I never have been. I just just give you the deal. I don't want to hunt for the coupon. And depending on a type of coupon, a lot of them don't work. Have you noticed that, Oh yes I have.
Speaker 4: I haven't had one work in forever. So basically I'm going to tell you Brad's deals. You could also go to Groupon coupon is actually a website still still yeah, but Brad Steals Slick Deals and woot. Trust me on this. You will get lost and the stuff changes every day.
Speaker 2: Is this something that you would recommend specifically for Black Friday or Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Speaker 4: For Black Friday Cyber Monday, general amusement. When you're lying in bed and you want to see the deals. They have the categories at the top of the page drop down menu. Oh look, refurbished Apple products. Click, Oh look, Ralph Lauren Sweater's Click. You'll be surprised at the amount of stuff you're going to see at these websites, and why go any why pay retail? Not in these days.
Speaker 2: I used to spend more than I should have on overstock dot com.
Speaker 3: That was my guilty pleasure.
Speaker 4: I got divorced and redecorated my head Overstock.
Speaker 2: There was something about Overstock, and this was many years ago, now that there are other comparable websites.
Speaker 4: Well, when Patrick's started it, I knew him, and his goal was to have quality merchandise, good for the customer, and great customer service. And they had it. They had it. The prices were incredible and they had closed out items from furniture and clothing. It was great.
Speaker 2: What happened was it just competition entering the marketplace other places like woot offerings.
Speaker 4: Wayfair wayfair wayfair I think was a big competitor.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was getting ready to sing the jingle because I love jingles, I know, but I won't do it.
Speaker 3: But so other companies have taken that market share.
Speaker 4: Well, and he isn't the CEO anymore. He founded the company and ran away with his lots and lots of money. Yeah, that's what It's not happening to me. But is it happening to you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I spend more money than I make online.
Speaker 4: We have, so listen. I came up with some things you may not have thought about. We know ties, we know about sock sweaters, tracksuits, all good things to look for. Right when you're buying tracksuits and stuff like that on Amazon, I want you to check the fabric because some of the new fabric is just garbage that they're selling on Amazon. Try and buy from a brand you're familiar with.
Speaker 3: I definitely agree. Use a brand that you know.
Speaker 4: Exactly because you can trust. Yeah, you can always return it, but why.
Speaker 3: Who wants that headache?
Speaker 4: I don't want that headache. Now Here are some items that I think you might like. Ums. Okay, between two and three hundred dollars. Do you ever think to have a home theater with a ten eightyp projector No? That may be a nice gift. If there's somebody you want to spend between two hundred and three hundred dollars to another family that you're close to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like a lot of people for that much money.
Speaker 4: Neither do it.
Speaker 2: If I want to spend two three hundred dollars on you better be like living in my house.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, remember about a year ago I showed you that bird feeder with the camera in it and it had a solar panel. It was called bird Fi brd f Y. I'm still enjoying it. I like it. It's great. I see the squirrels. It's just wonderful. You're gonna find it from sixty dollars. They have incredible deals. I think they sell them at Walmart now that it's become really a big brand in the US. And I think that we found him first. Good for us. Then how about drones. Drones come in all sizes and prices. They have little cameras in them, and they're fun to play with until you break them.
Speaker 3: So until you break them down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't spend a lot. My husband has gone through a couple of large drones, and yeah, well we won't be buying anymore of.
Speaker 2: First, you've taken away his drone privileges pretty much.
Speaker 4: AR smart glasses.
Speaker 3: Augmented reality for those time.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about like the Apple one three thousand dollars I bought my husband last year. This is not AR. But there's a ray band excuse me, ray band bows.
Speaker 2: I saw that I saw the commercials of that. That scares me and also excites me. I know it scares me because you never know when you're on camera at that point.
Speaker 4: Well, but there's one that's just a bluetooth for music. So when you're taking your walk in your neighborhood or you just want to be in your own head, put on your sunglasses, turn on the music, and just walk and that's all it does. And you can you can get that reasonably online.
Speaker 6: And I have to say it is mind blowing. I tried one of them on Oh You did the boast thing that she's talking about. It is insane. How you literally put it on and you can just hear the music. You take it off, then you hear the crowd around you.
Speaker 2: It's so it removes all like the ambient noise for the most part, won't you won't hear the bus like getting ready to almost like you have earbuds in and it's just the glasses and you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna just plots. Because I got that on woot dot com. I bought four of them as gifts as for ninety nine dollars apiece, and I gave them to family members. Now we all look like family care. We all look like the Blues Brothers.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 2: I have to say that is brilliant product integration marketing. Yeah, with ray Band, because no one was thinking about ray Band in a technological sense.
Speaker 4: Well meta, Their new ar glasses are ray Ban's also.
Speaker 3: Look. All I can say is, but I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to camera in my glasses. I went through my stage of doing that, and I don't care. How about a dash cam. I just bought one for my cars under one hundred bucks. Yes you can. What a great little gift. It's great somebody you care if you want to set it up for them. I got to watch out for the runners out there. If someone's gonna flip me the bird, I need it on a video.
Speaker 5: I don't appreciate you trying to drag me into this, but I would like a pair of those glasses.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can find them, just just search for boats.
Speaker 3: Don't hear from you? Please? You're talking about for free from this?
Speaker 4: Huh. Yeah. I had to pay for them.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't take a lot of free stuff, and I'm offered a lot of free stuff because I always say to them, if I don't like it, I'm going to tell people. And you don't want that, so just don't give it to me unless it's something I really want.
Speaker 3: In witch Man, you can tell the truth and there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I'm out of time with you, Marshall Collier, but also we'll see you again, probably before the holidays are here, and I'm quite sure you'll have even more good advice.
Speaker 4: I'm going to save some deals for you because we'll see each other before.
Speaker 3: Thanksguy, Yes, so very quickly. We have woot, we.
Speaker 2: Have brads deals, slick deals and retail me not.
Speaker 4: I'd stick with the top three.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that's what I'd stick.
Speaker 4: Go to their websites now, get a field for them and you'll see where the deals are.
Speaker 3: Marshall call You're always great to see you.
Speaker 4: Always good and I love the holiday season, so let's make it a grand one.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 3: And the Rocks that Oh the Boss.
Speaker 2: Thing Yo through the now that up black was still.
Speaker 3: I'll make a pour down? Oh say does that stop?
Speaker 4: Fag band yead.
Speaker 3: Way for the last oh the line? Agree and can't if I'm okay?
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and that was Carl Lewis many many years ago trying to sing the national anthem. And we hear about people messing up the national anthem all the time, and you would think people would respond to that as being, hey, that's disrespectful to the national anthem. In recent years, we've had any number of controversies about the national anthem, be it kneeling, be it not taking off your hat, be it not placing your hand over your heart. It brings me to this. Michael Strahan, you know of Good Morning America. Michael Strahan also Pro Football Hall of Famer. He's in hot water in a social media sense because viewers found how he was standing during the national anthem on Sundays NFL on Fox pre Veteran's Day celebration. Many termed it as disrespectful, and it was the special Veterans Station show aired live from naval based San Diego in a tribute to service members. If you saw it had Michael Strahan and his NFL on Fox colleagues Howie Long, Jay Glazer, Kurt Menefee, Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Rob Gronkowski all lined up to honor the military while the Star Spangled banner played, but Michael Strahan was pointed out for not putting his hand on his heart during the national anthem. Now we all have well, I wouldn't say all of us, but many of us have very strong feelings about the national anthem. Many of us remember Colin Kaepernick and that controversy with him kneeling during the national anthem. Some said it was disrespectful to the flag, some said it was disrespectful to the military. Some said it was not disrespectful at all. It was in the spirit of protests and free speech. Yad YadA, yah blah blah blah. We alla remember that discussion. But my point was, either we care about the national anthem at all times and in all places, or we don't. It's real simple. You can't be sometiming. And that's part of the reason why I played Carl Lewis. Okay, we could have fun with the national anthem. When we listen to someone try to stylize it and they mess it up and they give us a horrible rendition. That's okay, Okay, no one finds that out of bounds. But we do find it out of bounds when someone doesn't do something we in our own personal silo, our own person, it's no political disposition, feel that they're supposed to do. The reason I'm talking about this tonight is Michael Strahead is the son of a veteran, so he's not ignorant of the optics. He's not ignorant of the significance. I don't know what's on his heart, but I'm not going to describe motive. Maybe he should have had his hand over his heart. I don't think he was making a statement, but I will say this. Have you been to a professional sporting event in the past fifty years? Have you heard the national anthem played at a sporting event in the last fifty years. It was only in their last five years that they even started shutting down the concession stands during the national anthem. Go to a basketball game, or a baseball game, or a professional football game, and watch how many people do not take off their hats.
Speaker 3: Go to any professional or college sporting.
Speaker 2: Event and during the national anthem, see how many people are walking around milling about asking, you know, why aren't you selling me my hot dog?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Go to any of those professional sports and look at the stands and see the thousands and thousands of people who don't have their hand on their heart.
Speaker 3: Now, I know protocol.
Speaker 2: If you're a non military person, you're supposed to face the flag, put your right.
Speaker 3: Hand over your heart.
Speaker 2: If you have a hat on, you take the hat off and you put the hat over your heart.
Speaker 3: I get all that.
Speaker 2: It's not a law, it's a societal protocol, expectation. But if you're going to be mad whatever that means at Michael straighthand I'm all about consistency. I'm all about consistency. If it's important, it's important. If it's not, it's not. It can't be important on Monday and not important on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: You know, if you're Moore worried.
Speaker 2: About Michael Strahan on TV and not equally as worried about the guide next to you who's wearing the hat, who is not having the hand over his or her heart, then it's hard for me to take you seriously. Is it important or not? Are we about free speech or not? Because when I'm on social media, and that's every day, not a day goes by what someone says free speech.
Speaker 3: You know, you snowflake, why are you so upset?
Speaker 2: And then we see this and people are upset because Michael Strahan didn't put his hand over his heart during the national anthem. And I'm asking a real simple question. It's not really rhetorical. Is it a big deal or is it not? Because the next time I go to a sporting event, which might be in the next couple of weeks, it might be this Saturday when I'm in DC, I hope to take you into Georgetown basketball game. I promise you there will be ten people on the right of me, to my immediate right, and ten people on my immediate left who will either have a hat on or not have their hand over their heart, and nobody's going to say a mumbling word to them. And there will be people walking around the concourse, I guarantee you who are not going to stop. They're not going to acknowledge the national anthem in any way, and nobody's going to say anything to them.
Speaker 3: I promise you.
Speaker 2: There'll be people who will be attempting to buy their beer as quickly as possible and don't really care that the national anthem is going on, because you will see the concessionaire or say sorry, we can't sell any food right now.
Speaker 3: It's a real simple question is it important or not?
Speaker 2: Because if you're only upset because you saw someone on TV who didn't have their hand over their heart, but you have nothing to say when you're actually.
Speaker 3: In that environment.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying you need to start a fight with someone, but I have never in my life, in my fifty four almost fifty five years of life, seen someone at a sporting event say hey, I need you to put your hand over your heart. Hey, you know, I think it's appropriate that you remove your cap. Maybe you have. I'm just saying I haven't. And if you're gonna throw shade at Michael Straham because he didn't put his hand over his heart, well, then I should expect to see that every single time, every single moment. That it doesn't happen at every single sporting event because it just can't be. Because you could point at one person on TV and you happen to know his name. Either it's important, either it's a societal expectation, or it's not. It's Later with mo Kelly Cay if I AM six forty one live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty and.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I need to think about this. I don't know what I should think about this. I'm a Disney fan, and I love Disney animation, but I really, really, really really dislike the live action adaptations of the animated classics. I really don't like any of them, not a one, Not The Little Mermaid, not The Jungle Book, not The Lion King.
Speaker 3: Which are the other ones? Did they do? I just didn't like any of them?
Speaker 2: And there was a big slate of announcements at D twenty three Brazil in San Paulo, Brazil, and it was a new It was introduced a new trailer for the film Mofassa The Lion King, and that film is going to be in theaters December twentieth. Disney snow White introduced a trailer and there's going to be a new Lilo and Stitch film that looks good. Though the live action lelots looks good. Lion King look I didn't like or Moufasa the Lion King. I didn't like Lion King live action. I don't know many people that did.
Speaker 7: I go doing another one about his dad whatever the snow White One interesting interesting take on snow White I won't be going to see if that wasn't even one of my favorite fairy tales as a child. I didn't like it. I wasn't into it, wasn't down with it. But lelo on Stitch, that looks great. Hey, look, I would rather see it in an animation format. Okay, But I am encouraged by the announcement that there is a season two release date for and Or, which is going to be April twenty second on Disney Plus. The Mandalorian and Grogu movie will hit theaters in May, and that's basically going to kick off the summer movie season.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait for that.
Speaker 2: That for me, is not a Star Wars movie in the sense of the Star Wars trilogies that I've written off, you know, the whole seven eight to nine Star Wars trilogy that left a horrible taste in my mouth. This Mandalorian and Grogu is a direct result of the Mandalorian streaming series, which I I loved. It was classic Star Wars thanks to people like Dave Filoni, thanks to people like the late Carl Weathers, who I didn't even know was a Star Wars fan like that, who directed a lot of key episodes. So I will definitely be in theaters to see that. And we know that Captain America Brave New World is going to hit theaters on February fourteenth, Valentine's Day, twenty twenty five, And there was a new trailer which dropped this week as well, and they really showed you a sense of the seriousness of the story. Wasn't just a basic trailer. It showed you how intense it was going to be. Reminiscent of Captain America, The Winter Soldier, reminiscent of some of the better Marvel movies that we had seen earlier on in the MCU.
Speaker 3: It's not silly like thor Love and Thunder.
Speaker 2: It's like some of the best tonality at least some of the best Marvel movies. Now will it be as good as that, I don't know. There's a lot of resistance, Let's be honest to Anthony Mackie playing Sam Wilson Captain America not to be confused with the Chris Evans version of Captain America. Steve Rogers and I can go on for hours as far as why that is. And I know a little bit about this source material. This is like straight from the source material. This is not like something they created just so they could have a black Captain America. No, this is actually from the source material. People say, why don't you just, you know, make your own characters. Well, no, this character actually existed. This character and storyline actually existed. They didn't like create it just because that's it. I remember, I love getting an arguments and Mark you appreciate this. I got into this argument with this one fan on threads and she was saying, I don't understand why Captain America to just not give his shield to his best friend Bucky. And then I had to remind her, yeah, there's a time in which you know Bucky is Captain America. But also as far as giving the shield, Bucky was a reformed Hydra assassin. He's not exactly Captain America material.
Speaker 7: Small detail, and if she actually knew the storyline, she would see that Bucky became Captain America after Captain America Steve Rogers was assassinated and Bucky was convinced to take up the mantle. And then when, of course, in comic book fashions, Steve Rogers came back, and when he came back and there was a whole thing where he at one point he had lost the super Soldiers said look, long story short.
Speaker 3: He eventually said, Sam, you get the shield. That's what happened in the comic book. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: But you know, there's the interesting thing is because of Sam Wilson Falcon Captain America, I think it highlights the division and divide we have a Emerica right now, and I get the sense that this storyline is going to touch upon it in the way that The Falcon and Winter Soldier did not everyone was a fan of that, and honestly, I don't care. I just like tonality, the seriousness of it. And if you don't like politics in your comic books and your movies, and you obviously don't know anything about comic books, you know it has always touched upon social issues. It has always touched upon the issues and items of the day.
Speaker 3: That was the whole damn point.
Speaker 2: Going back to newsreels, I think this came out of Ed Brubaker's really good run on Captain America that lasted for a few years, right yep. And you know, the race thing is just inherent, it's a part of the story. I mean, it's intent, the controversy is intentional and bringing in Carl Lumbley as the earlier super Soldier Experimentee brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said it, Mark, because that's the whole point, the whole tension of it is the point and how America and they talked about Harrison Ford's characters like, you know, you're not Steve Rogers.
Speaker 3: He tells me what to his face. You're right, You're right. That's the whole part of the storyline.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a part of the movie, and I'm going to be right there to see it and hopefully I'll enjoy it on the merits of the it just being a movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that first time I saw the trailer and he said that you're not Steve Rodgers' line, I fell a little punch in.
Speaker 3: The chest, So did he. That's the whole point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it looks like they're getting Marvel back on track. After you mentioned thora Love and thunder My God, that was terrible. I barely got through that. KFI AM six forty five everywhere in the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: App Well, at least you've decided to listen to KFI.
Speaker 3: See, you're making Progress, kf I, KOST HD two.
Speaker 4: Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 3: Love Everywhere on the I Heart radio app