Speaker 1: It's night with Dan Ray. I'm doing easy Boston.
Speaker 2: Well, it is Thursday night at eleven o'clock, and for me, this is my twentieth hour. Actually it's the sixteenth hour of the week. I'm off Tomorrow night. Just I haven't had a night off frim from Monday through Friday, going back to early February, so I've been really kind of with the the pedals to the metal as they say, which is I always like to do that in March, April, in May, and I'll have a couple of other days off later this month, but I'll be working Memorial Day and then well into June. Then I will get a little bit of time in the summer. But I just want to let you know I'll be off tomorn night. Morgan White will be here tomorrownight, and we're ready for just a little relaxation tomorrow, simple as that. I'm looking forward to it. I will miss you guys tomorrow night. Normally we do the twentieth hour, and on the twentieth hour, which goes to the oven o'clock on Friday, I talk about what we've done during the week, and we have done a lot this week. We started off the week with a book gentleman who survived a brain tumor, talked about different names and places, place names in Boston and beyond. Talked about gen Z not particularly interested in climbing up the corporate ladder, and talked with a doctor about President Trump's executive water to cut the price of medicine in this country prescription drugs Attorney've talked with the journey Field Tracy at nine o'clock on Monday night about the Karen retrial. Had a great hour with Adam VV Gunton. His cause recovered on purpose, he recovered from alcoholism and drug addiction. We also talked about the big day of the stock market on Monday. No other day has come close to that. Tuesday night, we talked with an author who spoke with about fifty people who have served in the military over time with Salvation Army. There's a big lapse for lunches event this Saturday. Talked with an architect about the Martin Richard Field House. Talked with Ed Flynn Bots the city councilor, on why Tanya Fernandez Anderson and died it and having played guilty, will not resign, And talked about Donald Trump's desire to accept a plane from a cutter, which I think is a huge mistake, but that's we'll let that one go. Last night, talked with a about how to get people, how to gently stop someone from talking. We might talk about that later. I talked about provision and the GOP tax bill for one thousand dollars to start every child who's born in this country on the way to a saving talked about Jason Tatum's horrific achilles tear his injury, and also talked about a new book about Charles Lindberg, the enigmatic navigator. Navigator. Last night, we talked pretty seriously about the fact that there's been such little information about the death the tragic bust accident death of a five year old Boston boyd Lenz. Joseph talked about that. Also talked about the crazy riot up in Worcester last weekend and the US Attorney's pronouncement yesterday than anybody who interferes with ice officers canon will be prosecuted. Today, talked about National Police. We talked about people who stroll, who use what they call they jog while pushing a child in strollers. Talked with a gentleman from Edmonton on Edmonton Canada about the tendency by a lot of people in highly developed countries like the US and Canada settling for mediocrity. And talk with the Representative fire the Foundation of Individual Rights and Education about a lot of Harvard students being sanctioned or suspended over speech issues. Nine o'clock talk with Jim Goodman, the founder and owner of Cityscapes Boston, about again I describe the Princess of plants here in Boston. And last hour talk with futurists Kevin Sir Early. I have a thought that I would like to share with you. You know, we like to end the week on kind of a light note, and I'm going to try something and if this doesn't work, we can go to open lines. I just don't want to finish this week on anything serious. But uh I saw an article earlier this week and have followed up on it. A auction house actually here in Boston are in our auction had a baseball that had been autographed by Pope Francis, the late Pope Francis of the Catholic Church, who passed away on the morning of Easter Monday, and of course he has already been replaced that we now have Pope Leo in place, but this particular autograph collector, particularly on baseball's this guy named Randy Kaplan out of Long Island, and somehow someway he got an actual baseball, major League baseball autographed by Pope Francis, and it went up on the auction block and it garnered I think it's eighteen three hundred dollars, which is interesting because I suspect that over time that baseball, if kept in good condition, might actually grow in value. And so he also, I guess, had collected about baseball signed by twenty four of the one hundred and thirty nine high ranking cardinals who were eligible to vote on who would be the next Pope, the theory being that the next Bote would come from that group, and that I guess he was hoping to get the new Pope Leo, who I guess was a white Sox and he grew up on the South side of Chicago. So that is where we am where we are tonight, and I want to throw out at all of you a question, and that is, if you could get anyone in the world to autograph a baseball, a real major league baseball, if you could get someone of notoriety to autograph a baseball, either that you would hold on to or that you would put up on the auction block. Who would it be? I know that there will be a lot of people that would cross my mind, but I'm hoping that some of you will. We'll give us somebody. It could be someone in the movies, could be another athlete, could be a politician, could be a political leader, could be anybody. So I'm just going to throw that out and see if you will rise to the occasion on that. We had two different topics tonight at nine and ten, we talked with jan Goodman, the founder and owner of city Scapes, one of the most successful businesses in Boston, just an incredible success. And then which deals with city scapes Boston dealers with interior flowers, exterior flowers, flowers growing in the walls. I mean, they just have taken into another level, at least Jane Goodman and her team have. And last hour we talked with Kevin Sirilli, who's a futurist and his website actually is MTF, which stands for Meet the Future. He's on substack and all that. Very smart guy talking about where we're going to be so I want to throw it out to you. And this is like think of this as a eleven o'clock on Friday night. So you have a hall passer if you've called in already. But if you could get a baseball autographed by anyone, either to keep and pass on to your family members, okay, keep us a family heirloom, or to to get and then auction off to one of these auction houses. A baseball going to be a baseball got to be autographed six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty. And we will open the lines right now. Gary from Woburn is waiting there. She's going to be first on the other side. He can talk about whatever he wants. If this idea doesn't take, and I hope it does, to be honest with you, we can always go to open lines. Because I'm not going to end the week here on any sort of controversy. I'm going to slide into my weekend, which starts at midnight, uh, and go to the weekend for a long weekend three days. I haven't had a long weekend since late well since early February. I'm looking forward to this one and I will be back on Monday. I promise you that six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine thirty. This is one that you've got to think a little bit, but don't think too long. Who would you if you could get you could send the baseball away, or you could meet, well meet the person, whatever you can. You can tell me how you would see it coming down. But then would you keep the baseball or would you sell the baseball? That's the second question. We're coming back on Nightside right after this quick break.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: As I promise, going to start with Gary and Moubur and Gary, you can talk about anything you want because you called earlier.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, obviously, Well you're talking about the baseball. Of course I mentioned a baseball player, and it would be my hero. It was Pete Rose, but too late for that. Yes, but let me give you somebody even better than that. It has to be Roosevelt. Uh he uh. We beat two countries, but.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about somebody.
Speaker 4: Ave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: That's a baseball. It's not gonna be worth much.
Speaker 3: That's true. A couple questions I want to ask you. You mentioned Kuoita, you didn't agree with the plane. Can I ask why we talked.
Speaker 2: About that the other night. I think it's a distraction, and I think that it causes him when you look at the number of Republican Senators who now have raised questions about it, ethical questions. For some reason, Donald Trump loves to be embroiled. He sometimes I think he trolls people. I think he trolls people on Canada fifty first state, They're not gonna become the fifty first state. He trolls people on Greenland, We're not going to buy Greenland on the plane. I think you take the plane if he could for some reason, But why are you wasting political capital? And something like that. It would be like if if you let's assume I live next door to you in Wooburn, and do you have a front lawn, pretty good sized front lawn? Yes, okay, So if you had your front lawn mode every day, I probably come up and say, hey, Gary, I know your front lawn always looks great, but you're wasting a lot of money. You could have it mode every week, maybe twice a week, and it would look just as good, but I want to do it. That's like but Trump would be like, why are you wasting your political capital on mowing your lawn every day? Or waste your political your financial capital, wasting your political capital on something like this. Well, you got this seven or eight Republican senators, some of them are very loyal to him, who was saying that's a crazy idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, one last thing before we go up from on the capitol. Are you trying to say that Donald Trump is buying this plane?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. When I say political capital, what I mean is a politician has political capital what their favorability rating is. So if you're sitting there with a favorability rating of fifty three, and all of a sudden you talk about buying at getting a plane as a gift, taking a gift, and you're the Democrats taking shots at you and Republicans not supporting you, all of a sudden, I guarantee you that your your rating is going to go down. You're going to be at fifty two or fifty one or forty nine. You're just wasting time and wasting conversation. There are things to do. You got to get a tax bill passed. You're doing great work on the border, tightening up the border. That's fine. I would also say, why are you arresting doctoral students from Toughs University. I've said that when there are some real bad people out there who should be arrested. Let's go get the killers, let's go get the rapists, let's go get the child molesters. Get them out of the country first. Then you worry about the doctoral students might be here illegally if they are very good, all right?
Speaker 3: If you obviously said nobody dead. If I have to choose somebody, it's not a sports person.
Speaker 2: Doesn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, I would have to go with Donald Trump's fin I would say Ronald Reagan, but he's a mover and a shaker. And my question is here, do you think Ronald Reagan would be proud of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: In some respects? In some respect we would like he would like his feistiness towards the media. But Reagan always did it with a smile. Oh that was that was Reagan's great charm. Uh. Trump does it with a snarl.
Speaker 3: Okay. One last thing about you. You did the show the last hour? Was it last week? I guess about the Mother's Day and talking about Mother's Day stories?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Okay, what I would like you to do. Okay, you got the Mother's Day stories. That was awesome for that hour and I was listening. What I would like you to do not just when the Father's Day comes up, but I want you to do the hour again, even though it's not Mother's Day. Tell me a great story about your mother. Tell me a great story about your father, because that was so enjoyable, and it doesn't have to be the holiday. Just tell me something great about your parents. It was a wonderful hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could. We will do that. We will do that in advance of Father's Day, because they think we've done Mother's Day, Let's do a Father's Day. You know, obviously the best circumstances are for a couple of parents to raise children, and it's tough when the love between the parents dissipates because it does, I think hurt the kids. But I'm not trying to do some sociological thing here. All I'm just trying to say is that people I think I'm sure people are going to want to talk about their dads and maybe what their dad sacrifice, they work two jobs or whatever, and we'll do that. Thanks. Gary. Appreciate the callers always thank you much, thought you soon. Let's keep rolling here. Okay, now it's going to be all baseball's until who would you? I'm just using an autograph baseball. I guess I have a friend of mine. I'm not going to mention his name who for many years would get really lovely, high quality eight by ten photographs of well known people across the board, I mean, including people like the Queen of England. And he would send those photographs as a gift and ask the person. I guess I think he would send two and ask the person if they would sign one and send it back to him. And I think he's gotten some really right, you know, for people high and you know, like the Queen, Queen Elizabeth or whatever. I don't I think he's keeping those in his family. But that's that's what I'm talking about. Let's go next to where are we gonna go? Steve is in New Hampshire. Steve, who would you like to get? Get an autograph baseball from?
Speaker 5: Stay?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 6: I just want to say, you deserve a night off. You've you've been working really hard and thank you know, I hope you enjoy your day. I'm gonna go with Clint, my favorite actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would. And Clint Eastwood I think is now ninety six, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 6: And I saw his picture after Gene Hackman died. Yeah he doesn't look so hot.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's got too many more years left. I always admired him, you know, even while Reagan liked him.
Speaker 1: I remember he.
Speaker 6: Used to quote him on some of his movie you know, lines and everything, and oh yeah, I'll go ahead and make my day and all the other good things.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they also were, you know, contemporaries. East Eastwood was a much more you know, successful box office actor. Reagan was an actor and then you know, went to politics. Matter of fact, he went to politics. Let's see. So if Eastwood's ninety five, that means he was born in nineteen thirty, if I'm not mistake that, if he did my math correctly, Reagan was born I think it was in two was in nineteen twelve.
Speaker 6: I think nineteen eleven. I'm not so pretty.
Speaker 2: Close, Yeah, Dixon, Illinois. Whatever. But the point is they were still in effect. If you think of a generation as being twenty years, they were still a generation part and I think that by time Eastwood came along, you know, with Dirty Harry and some of his great movies. I think Ronald Reagan had left the acting stage and had moved on to the political stage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he goes on the way back to the fifties, raw Hde. You know, I'm sure you remember some of those old shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think Reagan at that point was his his movie career had ended, and he was doing what I'm trying to remember that he was selling products. And then his political moment came when he did a speech in sixty four endorsing Barry Goldwater, and that led to him running for governor in California and getting elected governor of California the first time in nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 6: California was much better off.
Speaker 2: Then compared to what it is to me.
Speaker 6: We all know that. I just think that, you know, he's just an actor that I've always admired. You know, when he dies, I'll be very had that day.
Speaker 2: You know. He's a Yeah, of course he was.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 2: He was the mayor was it Carmel, California. So he had a little he had a little bit of a political career as well. If you know what I'm what I mean by that he was the mayor of I believe Carmel, California, and I don't think that's a big community out there, and he probably didn't have much responsibility.
Speaker 6: But anyway, Uh, yeah, could you imagine having a movie out right now named Hang Him High? Probably it will never happen, but I remember it very well.
Speaker 2: By the way, by the time that Reagan, uh, you know, had sort of left the stage or or his career, he was, he did endorsements for like Chesterfield cigarettes and uh was it a mule train and what? There were a bunch of products that that he In those days, endorsements by celebrities were uh, and particularly cigarettes were were fairly common. Hey, I got a roun Steve. Great to hear you. Talk to you soon tomorrow. I will thank you much. Take a quick break here on nightside, coming right back. The only line is six one seven, nine, three, one thirty. Who would you like to have autograph of baseball? Either you would send the baseball and get it back, or you'd get an autograph in their presence, And then would you hold the baseball as a family heir loam or would you try to sell it for as much money as you could the baseball that was autographed by Pope Francis. I don't know if it's one of a kind, but it probably is pretty drawn. Close eighteen three hundred dollars. I thought it might have gone for more money than that. Back on Nightside, right after.
Speaker 1: This, It's Nightside with Dan Ray on w b Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the phones we go. Let me go real quickly here to uh Lola in San Diego. Lola, who would you have autograph of baseball? If you could, if you could pick anybody in the.
Speaker 7: World, anybody in the world. So after today's performance, what's his name, David Yanett?
Speaker 2: Okay, he is.
Speaker 3: He's the lawyer, the lawyer of lawyers.
Speaker 7: I just looked him up.
Speaker 3: He's a lawyer of lawyers. So if you're a.
Speaker 7: Lawyer and you need a lawyer, you need him. And after his performance and his cool and his calmness, because I watched after the jury left and he was talking with the judge and that prosecuting attorney.
Speaker 3: Uh, he just is.
Speaker 7: So he's so professional, he's got class, he's he's got composure, and he blew the prosecuting attorneys star witness out of the water. When she said that wasn't caused by a car accident.
Speaker 2: I think what she said was that she was not able to determine the because of death.
Speaker 7: It was not caused by a vehicle, she said, not a vehicle.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well again I did not watch it as closely as you, but it sounded to me as if she was saying she was she did not know.
Speaker 7: No, you could say it, but it's him, Okay, Kim, it's this guy. This guy, he's a professional, he's got class.
Speaker 2: No. I know David Jeannetti. He's a very good lawyer. Yes, no question about that. So an autograph Baseball by David Jannetti. Lola, Lola, I think you got the Karen Reid case forefront in your mind. Okay, Dan, we will talk about that. I'm sure in the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: We're getting We're getting close.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 7: It's just but no, this guy, he's a lawyer of lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, we have established that. We have established that, all right.
Speaker 7: I wish you could have him on the show, Dan, Yeah.
Speaker 5: We had after it after.
Speaker 2: Believe me, we would have. I know David Jeannetti and I think he respects.
Speaker 3: I would love this. I would really love tell him that and.
Speaker 2: San Diego loves him fair enough. Okay, thanks, Lola, got her run Talk to you soon, good night, say to you okay, Glenn and brighton Glenn. Who would you have autograph of baseball? Anyone in the world, Lola, says David Gyarnetti, one of Karen Reid's lawyers, who say, you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I'm not following that case. I'm more and more here and I think she's guilty, but I don't want to go there right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if it's a baseball that I want to say, you know, you know, auction off, I'd want Donald Trump to do it, but he'd have to use an actual pin, not a sharpie.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you want him to use a ballpoint pen, not as sharpie because sharpies.
Speaker 5: Can blur over time, right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're the second. Gary also said Donald Trump. Rob had an interesting thought. His thought was Tom Brady, which I think is sort of interesting because obviously Brady, who, by the way, was drafted by the Montreal expos I'm sure you knew that, right, Rob, No, she didn't. He was, but he was uh a lower round and I think he picked the right sport, so he said. He said Tom Brady, which I think is is a good one. But Donald Trump, I mean, you can't beat Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: What.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised so far no one said Pope Leo, because I would think that would be a baseball that would generate. I've got a name that that that I'm gonna well, I don't want to throw it out thinks I'm going to take it away from everyone if he's not if he or she's not mentioned by the end, I'll mention that name. Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Also, I had a good day today, tuned Tim his piano, and Ron drove me home. He's piano. Who's piano? Tim?
Speaker 2: You know? Oh yeah, good? Okay, excellent, excellent. Ron Is is a good guy. Let me tell you, great friend, and I hope you always appreciate his friendship.
Speaker 5: Very played. I could have a ball that I wanted deck and I promised I wouldn't tell it. Yeah, all right with I'd want Christine from Denham to sign it autograph.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, maybe you'll hear from Christine from Denhim later on this hour. Okay, thanks, Glenn. So this is not a dating show, Glenn, this is not a dating show. Not to you later. Bye. Bye, Joe and Belmont. Joe, You're back right ahead, Joe, Who would you like to have autograph in a baseball.
Speaker 10: This involves a baseball player. I got a California Angels, I mean in him Angels baseball hat, and I want to see if you can guess who the player is. Now. I got a couple of teasers for your ahead. He was great in the clubhouse with his teammates. He didn't drink. He didn't drink or smoke. He had one of the highest UH total bases in the Major League. He had a lot of homes.
Speaker 2: Mike trut I'm guessing it's Mike Trout.
Speaker 9: No, I'll go on with the tea's okay, ahead, and it'll give it away. Okay and uh like Noma Garcia in Wade Bogs.
Speaker 10: Over his fourth four and seven years, he had an average of three forty before it went down.
Speaker 2: What year?
Speaker 11: What you have?
Speaker 10: Teammate, he's a former teammate of the Angels. That should give it away?
Speaker 2: What? What year? What years you're talking about?
Speaker 6: Joe?
Speaker 10: He played with the Saint Louis Cardinals. Oh, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: I know exactly who it is. I can't think of his name for second, he's going he's going to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 10: Go ahad Albert Poolholes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Polholes. Yeah, that's a good one. How'd you get that autograph on the hat?
Speaker 10: I didn't. I uh, that's who I would like tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were telling me that you had that. Okay, So Albert, yeah.
Speaker 10: Dan, could I make a fifteen second comment?
Speaker 2: No, because this is the second time you called tonight and I got other people. I got to get to Joe. This is not the Joe and Belmont show. Thank you much. Have a great weekend. Good night. Let me tell you Joe's wearing out the phone lines here Christine. See here's Christine. Christine Glenn wants an autograph baseball Go ahead, Christine? Uh to Leo, Yeah, that would be I look the guy. Actually he's an American. He's a baseball fan. Apparently he grew up on the south Shire south side of Chicago, which makes him, in all likelihood a White Sox fan. So yeah, he it's that's pretty good. That's that's that's a good one. Yeah. Well, Doug Flutie would be another one as well. I don't know that. I think Rob would probably get more from Tom Brady baseball because Tom Brady, of course, is the the greatest quarterable. Well what'd you say? I missed that?
Speaker 7: Did the hail?
Speaker 12: Mary Pa?
Speaker 2: Well that's one great pass and he had a pretty good pro career as well. And I like Dougie's a great guy, don't get me wrong, But I think if you got a pound for pound and penny for penny, who's gonna which baseball will be more valuable? Tom Brady or Doug Flutie. Gotta go with Tom Brady, uh because yeah, okay, fair enough, all right, Uh well we'll let you go. Thanks, Christine, appreciate it very much.
Speaker 12: Tell him I said hi, will you.
Speaker 2: When I see Flutie, I'll tell him you said Hi. No, No, Glenn, he's listening right now. You could. I'm not going to carry any messages. I don't want to get in the middle of this. Okay, Thanks Christine, dog you sir? Good night. All right's cay roll in here. We've got a couple of lines open at six.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: I've got a name, and I'm surprised no one has come up with it yet. But that's okay. Let's go to Alex and Millis, Alex. If you could get a baseball autograph by someone, anyone, who would that be?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Bubbly Jay Leno. I met him before and he autographed a uh photograph which I took with him at the uh you know, at the bar in on Deepon.
Speaker 2: Street at Cheers and Cheers Cheers Bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And he's a class at guy. He's he's very he's a Boston guy. But I really admire him, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so you just happened to be there one night when he was there? Was he going to be performing there? And you knew about it?
Speaker 3: Actually they had they had bleachers right outside of Cheers Bar, and I had my camera, you know, and I says, I asked the UH, I asked one of the you know people in charge, and they they said, sure, you know, and he was nice enough, gracious enough to have me go inside and I took a picture, you know, not with the crowd, but with him, and you know, and he send it back to me. Uh, I said, he signed it, yo, Alex.
Speaker 2: So was that is that in the day of polaroids that you were able to get the picture and.
Speaker 3: Hand it to him have no thirty five millimeter but you know, he the entire crew there was.
Speaker 2: You know, how did Alex, how did you get how it's thirty five millimeters that film? How did you how did you get the picture to him? They give you an address or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm perfect.
Speaker 2: Good thinking, good thinking, you were you were Johnny on the spot, Alex. That's that's great, that's great. What do you think you could get? You? You would not sell a jay Leno baseball. I'm hoping that there were people who were going to come up with some names that would say, well that that would that would fetch quite quite a pretty penny. The Pope Francis baseball got eighteen dollars.
Speaker 3: But you know, there's so many autographs you could he could I don't know, Elon Musk, you know, Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, you don't have to. I don't save save some of them for the next callers. Alex. Okay, thanks that deal. Later you're with jay Leno? Okay, once with jay Leno. Whil's with jay Leno? All right, let me take you. I gonna get one more in here, John and New York. John, You're gonna come up with an interesting name. I just sense it.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, John, Yeah, you know, once upon a time I was on an airplane first class and that gentleman that's a baseball player and his wife was sitting in my section. And I'll give you your hate to who he was. Sure stand the man?
Speaker 2: Well, that would be Stan Musel.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know who he is?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: Do I know who Stan Musel is? Yeah, of course I do. I mean St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame. You're kidding me. I mean, come on, that's you know, Stan Muzel, Red Shaney's, Roy McMillan, Ken Boyer. Uh, you know how many more of the Cardinals of that era do you want me to name?
Speaker 13: Go ahead, you know I experienced the wonderful thing. I just want to tell you, and I'm going to get off because other people want to call.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Uh. The fight attendant had baseballs and the kids on the fight would get autographs from him.
Speaker 2: This is that great Stan Musel, I'm told was a very from a guy who grew up in Pennsylvania, educated by by nuns. He's accused Catholic and a really good guy. Everybody who've ever talked to who knew him, I'll bet you had a good interaction with him on that airplane.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, what a wonderful person. You know, they ran out of baseball, so I let the kids go first. So I never got one autograph, but I don't mind. I have the kids who were more important than me.
Speaker 2: So how was it that the flight attendants happened to have baseballs on the flight? Did they someone know that Musil was was booked on that flight?
Speaker 13: I assume of course the airline knew and they yes, they did. And because he was on the way to go, he was flying for Albany, New York, and he was going to Cooperstown.
Speaker 2: So that was the year when he was either inducted into Cooperstown or every year they used to if you're a Hall of Famer, they bring you back. It's a great event. I went to Cooperstown. It was nineteen ninety seven and I think Earl Weaver was inducted into the Hall of Fame that year. It was a great Uh, it's ever been to Cooperstown? Well, of course, you live in New York, you've been to Cooperstown. One of my crazy of course you've been to Cooperstown. Everybody should be should go to Cooperstown and is a wonderful wonderful piece of American I think you'd agree with me on that, John.
Speaker 13: Oh, yes, I went to the Hall of Fame, you know, years ago. I went that flight. Yeah, in the old original one and then the new one that they made.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's well worth the trip. It is well worth the trip. Hey, John, I got it. We're on. Thank you much. Have a great weekend. We'll talk to you next week. Thanks, have a great one.
Speaker 13: Yes, bye bye, have a good night off tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, appreciate it. All right, we're gonna wrap it up on the other side. Six thirty is full. I gonna get Will, Steve, and Florence. I got a couple of lines at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. If you'd like to join us, I will tell you who I would probably get an autograph from if you know, again, in all possible and you know, in a perfect situation. Uh, I think you'll be surprised. We'll be back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm w Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna wrap it up here. Let's go next to Florence. Hey, Florence, who would you like to get autograph Baseball from Hi damned Relics. Not a play, doesn't have to be anybody in the world.
Speaker 14: But it occurred to me to put my favorite singer his autographs.
Speaker 2: Okay, and who would that be? Florence?
Speaker 14: And now it's Neil Diamond all right?
Speaker 5: Well yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 14: Have him sign Sweet Caroline on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. That's a good one, flor You got it, got it? Seven? Tretch?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, yeah, I want to ask your favorite even this is the only call I made this week, would it be all right if I get to call Morgan tomorrow night?
Speaker 2: I think you can do that. Yeah, don't tell anyone I.
Speaker 14: Told you though, Okay, Okay, so you like that with.
Speaker 2: Yep? Absolutely? Thought was you know, you know what who I would like to get to autograph of baseball looking at it purely from the economic value? Tell you of how much I could sell it for. You know who I'm going to tell you Vladimir Putin? Oh wow, you know, I'll bet you that would go for some some money. Okay, not because he's a good guy, don't get me wrong, Okay, but I think that that would be interesting. That would be that would be it would just looking at from a pure economic point of view, I would not keep that as a keepsake for.
Speaker 5: My family, but I think mind, yeah, oh I.
Speaker 2: Can understand that, that's for sure. Thanks Lawrence, we'll talk soon. Have a great night, and Morgan tomorrow night. Thanks, good night.
Speaker 14: I will have I will.
Speaker 2: I will let me go next to Will in Long Island. Will. I'm going to be interested and you will come up with an interesting idea. Who will it be?
Speaker 8: Will? I?
Speaker 15: The first one I'd like would be a Dan Ray and Rob signed.
Speaker 6: All right, that's what I.
Speaker 2: Would I mean, it's just unbelievable that would get you about a baseball I think cost you five about five six bucks these days maybe more so you probably get three dollars signed.
Speaker 15: Sign baseballs to me aren't about money. And also you know, if that weren't available, I would take a Joe Biden auto pen signed baseball if I get it.
Speaker 2: If you could be sure it was the auto pen that's supposed to be, yeah, it.
Speaker 15: Has to be. He didn't sign anything else.
Speaker 1: Afterwards?
Speaker 2: Did you say my suggestion? What did you think? My suggestion of lad to me? Putin? I think, but I love it.
Speaker 15: You can put it right next to the eight All Hitler baseball right right now.
Speaker 8: Well it was.
Speaker 2: Not available, but but but putin I think would be a curiosity that would generate I think.
Speaker 15: Certainly a notorious character. But as far as the real one that I would want as a kidsake, it would be Nolan Ryan. Nolan Ryan would be my ball. That would be that's the guy that held the ball to me, that nobody else could hold the ball like that guy.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 15: Just something about the way he was, his presence on the mound, his physical dominance and everything about him.
Speaker 6: He was all right, Dan.
Speaker 15: But if you have a Dan Ray baseball thend of my way, I don't care if it's only worth four dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem. Do you remember when Robin Ventura took umbrage at Ryan went out? Uh Ryan, He disposed of him.
Speaker 15: He disposed of him quite handily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put him in the headlock.
Speaker 6: The guy's like six to five.
Speaker 2: You got it, all right, man, have a great weekend. We'll talk to you soon. We're gonna go next to Steve in Baltimore. Steve, I know who this is. Steve is You're you're heading south tonight? Are you coming back from the South what's going on.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm coming back from Baltimore. Dan, I'm in my third construction, Bob.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that's that's made you knight.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's crazy, it's crazy. I hope I don't want out of time. But no, I saw Number six, who played for the Red Sox in the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 2: You know who he is, Rico.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told you. I saw him at the Boston Herold Kiosk at Dana Fablo and I was delivering back in the late nine He's probably too. Yeah, but I would get his autographed just for my sixty eight year young brother Mike and give it to him.
Speaker 2: No, well, that's yeah. As they say when I say Vladimir Putin, I'm just looking at it as purely as a financial transaction. If I'm able to get that the Pope just got eighteenth Pope's Baseball, Pope Francis, the late Pope Francis eighteen thousand.
Speaker 15: Five hundred, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Probably would come pretty close to that.
Speaker 4: I would think it's crazy. Well things sell, Dan, Hey have a nice long weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh well, hey, let me ask you what's your eta back back home tonight?
Speaker 4: Oh, I won't be done I told you one morning, I'll be done at seven. I wasn't back home till nine thirty in the morning, so it's probably looking like that again. I'm not moving very fast, and once I get going, I got to go to chick or Pee then back to Lewiston, Maine. So it'll be nine thirty before I get home.
Speaker 2: All right, man, be well, pretty well draft character.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Dan, Hey, Thanks Ray, good.
Speaker 2: Night Mary and Foxborough. Mary sign baseball. You gotta be quick for me. You've called late, but I want to get you.
Speaker 12: In all right, real quick.
Speaker 7: Blue Jays.
Speaker 12: I'm not even sure of I have the baseball cad. My stepson gave it to me. Baseball Danny Inge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that's great basketball, better basketball player. But you're right, that's there's some irony.
Speaker 12: I have the baseball cad from when he played for the Blue Jays. Yeah, I have his autograph on it.
Speaker 2: Sure then he played. He played, of course, he was a real contributor to the Celtics. He I don't think he is.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, I loved him. I loved him all right, an emotional guy.
Speaker 2: I got you in, Mary, Thank you so much. We'll talk soon, Okay, have a great weekend.
Speaker 12: Okay, I hope so.
Speaker 3: Okay, last one.
Speaker 2: Of the night, Tim, you have the ability to call late. I got about twenty seconds. Who would it be? Tim?
Speaker 10: Lynn?
Speaker 2: Who was that?
Speaker 3: Lynn?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Okay, all right, we got you in there. All right. A lot of people went for baseball players and athletes. Thanks, Thanks Tim, appreciate your callers. Always have a great weekend. Yeah, I was looking more for the I don't know, someone say King Charles or whatever, but whatever I said, Vladimir Putin, I don't know if he would get more money than Pope Francis. Certainly not in terms of moral character, that's for sure. Done for the night. Want to thank Marita, want to thank Rob, want to thank all of you. I will be on Facebook Night Side with Dan Ray in about three minutes to say good night to all of you on nice side postgame. Please, thank you all for calling, thank you all for listening. I want to thank my guest tonight. It was a different show. That's what we try to do on Nightside. I'll see you Monday. Have a great weekend. Everybody. All dogs on cats, all pets go to heaven. This Mike Pal, Charlie Rais who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you when you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. I'll see you again on Monday. Be well, stay safe and enjoy the weekend. It's me