Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up. I hope everybody's fired up tonight, are we guys?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely absolutely all right, Well, we apologized we were not here last week.
Speaker 1: Some of us were lucky enough to be in New Orleans covering the super Bowl, and we'll get into that a little bit more, but I first want to welcome my great, awesome panel.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: Next to me is none other than mister Pensman. How are you tonight? Pensman?
Speaker 5: Al right, just watching the USA and the uh FINLA game. Good game, so far.
Speaker 1: Nice. And next to him is none other than my husband, Scott the Motor City mad Mouth Morgan Roth And how are you tonight? Scott?
Speaker 6: Doing fine? One showdown portu Change, George Ron Peterson. Good, now we get to have some fun doing the show tonight.
Speaker 1: You're now You've made it, Scott. You made it to the country Club.
Speaker 6: This is the country Club of all shows. People runs it.
Speaker 1: Great stuff, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 7: And then Scott's long time forty five year history with none other than the V.
Speaker 8: Yes, George, Hi, Hi, Hi, And don't forget Scott, you were the producer for the man who just made his wonderful comeback, and that's Dick Fi Tal Scott goes back with me when Dick Fi Tel just broke into radio, so had talk.
Speaker 9: That's off to Dick coming back.
Speaker 6: Ye yeah, yeah, we have a great history with Dick Bydell for sure. Had a chance to meet him up in Sarrisota. Wait a while, that awesome William Jicky and I talk and Candy just stood there and took it all. We got a bottle hand for late or something.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, awesome And then last but definitely not least, none other than drum roll.
Speaker 1: Please but mister Ralph Williams.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 10: I appreciate that. Thank you Candy for the introduction. Guys. Great to be here tonight as always from live from eight o eighth Studios in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Awesome. What I'm tired from all those intros already just kidding.
Speaker 6: Put more energy and know that there is a you, Candy. I swear it other again. I don't even do that again. Then again, that's why my brother thinks, Wannie thinks you're better than I. And that's okay.
Speaker 1: Well, you just had all this time. You just had to come over to the country club.
Speaker 6: That's all coming to the country club tonight. Next week, I'll be we have a busy at gen. In fact, that before I turn over to you, Canny, I want to also mention a programming note on Saturday, sports Rap debuts that takes place of the External Bump Show. Ralph and I will be doing the show. We'll have a bunch of other people that's attribute along the way. Probably was necessarily a rebrand from the External Bump Show. What on a depressing show and called bums out? Really seriously, let's talk to positivity. Let's talk about journalism one O one, Let's talk about learning something instead of going out there and crucifying. Now, the only thing I have to do with Ralph here, because he knows he's one of my best students in the program, is I have to make sure that this guy gets his commercials at ten minutes after the hour and fifty minutes tifty the hour, and then that way we could go ahead and have a nice balance of sports talking between. But don't worry, Ralph is the most coachable guy on the planet. And before before I'm done talking, before it's all said done, we'll make sure that he only has to put him in there twice an hour instead of four times an hour, so we can talk about that thing called the meat in the middle of the broadcast, right, mister Williams.
Speaker 2: That's it, you got it, Scott, thank you.
Speaker 6: It's all about perfectiveness. I have a different professor of people dynamic with you. Mister Williams. You're doing good job.
Speaker 1: So before we actually start the show, I'm wearing a red for a reason, and I want to say this to all the fine gentlemen here on this program and all the people out and that are listening to us, an early happy Valentine's Day to all of you.
Speaker 5: I thought you were turning into a Chiefs fan.
Speaker 2: Radio today. I want to wish everybody happy radio day.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this radio day good, very nice. Comeback there, Ralph.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, there's there's hope for Ralph Williams after all.
Speaker 2: That's right. You're exactly correct.
Speaker 6: I love Williams. Let's say he's one of my favorite people. Not saying the one thing. One of the most things. He's learning to pick up his Twitter account, by the way, people, they're starting to pick up much more. And when I'm trying to get into do his take, a lot of times that I tag him so he can come up with new topic ideas for the sports rap on Saturday.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, Scott, Ralph, what is your Twitter handle? Because everybody out there that's listening, I want you.
Speaker 10: To Ralph Williams media productions. That is it right there? Ralph Williams aren't media productions.
Speaker 6: Well that's not on Twitter. Stick to man. I got a bunch of numbers on there. Oh yeah, seriously, roll you know you want to Twitter, and I want to make you remember that next week. But I know your numbers over north of one fifty. That's all you need to know. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's up the one sixty nine.
Speaker 6: Now, well that I said it was north of one ticket and got the one fifty nine. So you get Ralph your deadlines here and this guy's gonna as the late Sewers as the late Steward Scott would say, got pull pulled out the wooping stick and obviously Ralph Williams is taking it to.
Speaker 2: One Ralph W one seven. There you go.
Speaker 6: I knew there were a bunch of numbers in there, that's what I remember. So there you go. That'll be the one way he'll be able to promote it. And I don't know what's in front of you, Ralph, is that a microphone or what it is? But okay, well that's okay. I'll do a little uh jiggles of the right so we can see it. Okay, there you go, all right, there you go. Gotta make sure that he's uh, all right, handy, go ahead. I don't take it over, Scott.
Speaker 1: There were a couple different topics that you wanted to cover. The first one, I'm gonna let you get run with. It has to do with country stars Zach Bryan.
Speaker 6: I'll read all the information, Candy. I don't memorize it. It's all there.
Speaker 1: Memorize it, Okay. He is actually going to play in ann Arbor, Michigan Stadium on September twenty seventh, the first ever concert to be held at the biggest stadium in the Western Hemisphere. Finally, making show will include John Mayer as an opener, along with support sporting acts Ryan Fingered and The Texas Gentleman and Joshua Sloan Joshua Door.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, you'd like to think that. Okay, he's watching Nations. He'll he'll he'll watch this later. Finally make it a row.
Speaker 1: So what I would say to that is, I think that's why the Milwaukee Brewers and their and what is now American Family Field, they are actually going to make that field. They're gonna put heat and air conditioner in there so that they can also use their stadium all season long and do concerts in there too. But good thing. The one thing I will say about when these stadiums host a music stars is that they bring in a lot of equipment, so they just have to be very careful because the grass and the stadium floor, they just to make sure that they don't damage it. But good. I mean, let's let's face it, the NFL is great at marketing their product. This is going to be a huge win for Michigan marketing their product as well and bringing in to their to their facilities and stuff.
Speaker 6: Well, keep in mind, one thing we should take note is that Manchester United played a soccer game there do an incredible crowd. We although that Manchester United is a cream of the crop when it comes to soccer, I don't know if the crowds were I don't remember off the top of my head. So I mission wolver Range have no problem during the biggest events on the planet with a stadium that seats over one hundred thousand, and this concert move is just the latest in the wolver range are tailing. And we said it earlier, the largest stadium in the Western hemisphere. Why would they get it the Wolverrages get it right.
Speaker 1: The only the only thing I will say is it's not an indoor or a dome or anything like that. So having as having a concert there on September twenty seventh, hopefully it's not raining, it's not cold, it's not windy, none of those that factors because it is an outdoor stadium.
Speaker 11: We've made all the they've made all those arrangements, all right, it's not going to be any of those great No. My question is my question is why did it take so long in them to approve a concert there? Okay, like scott International Soccer there, they've had.
Speaker 9: What you call face off on New Year's Day? What do they call that game? Again?
Speaker 11: To Toronto Detroit fosen four My friend was held indoors at.
Speaker 9: Ford Field and I was there. Mister Penn's been. I think it's great.
Speaker 11: I think it's long overdue for the ann Arbourn, all those great students that attend that university, they have a concert like that, I really do.
Speaker 1: So my question would be for having a concert there, do you does anybody in the panel And I don't know the answer this question, So I'm wondering if any of you do do the proceeds do they go to the university, do they go to the sporting do they go to what? Do we know what they go to?
Speaker 9: It's no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take a guess.
Speaker 10: I'm going to take a guess that's going to go to the transfer or the the the n i L.
Speaker 1: But what my my my issue with that is what and what part of NIL? Because they're now ruling that like n i L is going to be separate from women and men and the different sports. And that's one stadium and yes, it normally holds your football, So is it going to go into the football pool or does it go into a general pool or that would just be my question. I mean, if kudos to them, that's a great idea, But I just wonder where those profits kind of end up. I guess is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 6: I would Yeah, I would think Michigan Athletic department and everything's going to pocket that money.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that would be my guess too. That mostly athletics.
Speaker 5: That's that's what I was gonna say. Can't used to the program, the athletic program.
Speaker 6: And that's where you say the rich get Richard.
Speaker 9: Yeah exactly, George.
Speaker 5: It's not even football season in Michigan. Already gets a W.
Speaker 6: And I can remember years ago. Okay, you might want to keep this name in mind. The athletic director named Don Cannum C A A C A and H A M used to be a marketing was is what he was many years ago when it came to putting the Wolverines logos on everything. You can absol so C A N A A M for you a lot of Michigan wilings when you look at that.
Speaker 9: Thank you for remembering him. Yes, he was a great innovator, don't question about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: So it does say that the University of Michigan Athletic Department and multi Platinum Grammy winner artist Zach Brain jointly announced today, Uh chick, It's going on sale tomorrow at ten am for anybody that's interested. I'm just trying to look to see if if they say.
Speaker 5: At all the country is there a country singer from Michigan. I thought there was, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know from Detroit. Kid rocks some countries from the.
Speaker 9: Troit that's it. Yeah, yeah, thanks Ralph go Welco.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm sure it's the athletic department. I just don't know exactly where.
Speaker 5: Almost to the athletic department so they could keep keep doing what they need to do with their equipment.
Speaker 6: Well, like I said, the risk, Richard, the little rings when it comes to making money, and no university better than they did.
Speaker 5: You get some credit. They finally got their program together. They finally got football team together.
Speaker 6: Oh, the football team together. Don't sleep on the basketball program. And our number one sports are change. Brod George and I talked about the job that former I think you Toad Susty May had done and the team that was three seventeen and the Big ten. Look where they're at now, they're on top of the they're on top. Candy did some research. Only two players or made from that three and seventeen team. Otherwise the rest of them, Dusty showed them the door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, their hockey team's fighting two.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, hockey.
Speaker 8: Tea.
Speaker 6: Their hockey team has always been good. Basketball team's been up and down. Football team, for the most part, has been pretty good.
Speaker 10: Well, the football team ship did what they had to do. They you know, they won this ship. I mean they did some winning this ship.
Speaker 6: In fact, out some updated news on the Wolverine Bowl. Candy most through a lot of stuff. Week Martindale, who we interviewed for a lot of the defensive coordinator positions, looks like, you give me Richard to Michigan for a second season. He's the one that orchestrated the game plan to stop the Ohio State Buckeye who subsequently went on to win the National championship. So you talk about Michigan beating Ohio State. Week was the masterminder. Meanwhile, Ryan Day, go figure, he gets an extension of the National Championship, they'll be defined for a while, nobody will everybody will leave alone.
Speaker 1: Got job security, Yeah, sure, yep, exactly. Okay, So let's move on a little bit to talk a little NFL debus. Samuels is interested in a Steelers trade.
Speaker 5: Thoughts, Come on, come.
Speaker 2: On, yeah, exactly. Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 10: Today, there was a rumor and I was going to ask Scott about this uh, because he's tied in with the Jaguars. There was a rumor that there was the Trevor Lawrence to the dealers for a first and second round picking and then Jaguars pick up four years of his salary.
Speaker 9: No, no, it's not.
Speaker 6: Rumors are rumors. I don't talk about rumors. Well, think you're gonna learn about Ralph and I drove you nine million times over. Rumor to me is like an opinion. Everybody got one. I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah I was Ralph.
Speaker 5: We're also awaked to Aaron Rodgers and Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: So yeah, rumors, rumors are rumors. Yeah, that's it, it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: We don't want the old heads, we want the young, want the young book.
Speaker 10: Yeah we need We don't need any of those guys. And Aaron Rodgers is a bad influence.
Speaker 5: He's recovering from a concussion. I want some way that's what's a chance of a concussion of week two? Like, can you take it?
Speaker 6: Pady. We don't have the answer to what happened to Jeremy. He's been out of sight for a couple of weeks. When you know something, please let us know.
Speaker 2: I know nothing.
Speaker 6: I don't know either, but don't don't start starting shoulder. Although I should make Hogan cheros at the top of the hour.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 6: Maybe, or at least I'll get the last half an hour anyway from eleven.
Speaker 5: Okay, Candy, can I say something real quick? Of course, anybody that's watching this later on after we're live, pay attention to what I'm saying. Kenny Pickett did win a super Bowl, but he did not win the Super Bowl. He got to go in the last fifty or minute. That's it. He didn't take him to the chair.
Speaker 6: Game up on a future time up. I hear nothing. I gotta put pen in it plays the lovely guy. But wait a minute, sick them man, You are sick the man. Here's the deal he got no let me finish. I'm going to interrupt you all day long picking nuts. He got traded over to Philadelphia, Philadelphia freedom to get him out of that situation in Pickford. Now Pittford back in the drawing board looking for a quarterback. They gave up on him quick. Mike Smond didn't wantam got a Super Bowl ring. He's got one more ring. And Jann Areno has seriously really no matter how you get it. So what let me tell you something? Well, here, let me I reay give Penman a history lesson here. Okay, back in nineteen seventy two, when you had the Miami Dolphins, the undefeated Miami Dolphins, Bob Greensy gets hurt, Who do you think takes his place? Earl Morale? Backupkay? No, it isn't. Yeah, I had a backup quarterback. Right. Without a backup quarterback, you don't have to win. Backup quarterbacks are getting paid good money to go out there and carry a Clifford. I have to know. I interviewed another one, Carson Wentz at the Super Bowl. Will be releasing that interview too. So Marshall Wentz to me ended up within a championship when he got hurt at Philadelphia, Kansas City. Back up quarterbacks are an unbelievable piece of real estate. If that isn't good enough, I interviewed Kay Steen and that will be up on our network. Sitting up, I'm letting a lot out of the bag. I don't care. Don't give me the jargon about Kenny peng In no way, I'm not taking that tool.
Speaker 11: A man.
Speaker 6: He got a ring, he got a many rings. That Mike Tomlin had won.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I know, Okay, you know, but that would be different if Jill and Hurst was out with the concussion in the first quarter. Then Pickett played the whole game. He away played like a minute too at the game.
Speaker 9: The game, like Scott said, he still gets the ring.
Speaker 11: Okay, he still he still gets the winning chair of the big check.
Speaker 5: From the NFL all that perplace. Oh kay, Piketts got a ring. He didn't do much.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about back there?
Speaker 10: Collect anybody that's on the sidelines. Uh gets a ring?
Speaker 6: I mean you watch the that's right, Yeah, he laughed in the entire season. He's got a ring. Let me let me get personal. Did you buy your wife a ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, then she got a ring too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got my wife a ring. Of course I went to when I went to Biloxi. I ended up getting your butterfly ring when I was doing pretty well over on the casinos. She liked that ring too.
Speaker 5: That's my take.
Speaker 6: Well, all right, get your take. More power to you, Kenny Pickett. Just to stick it in Penmon's here, since we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about Pittsburgh, Scott actually got to talk to none other than Juju shoot Juju Smith Schuster who used to be with Pittsburgh and we've got and I will I'm gonna apologize to everybody now, mind you. When he was doing this interview, we are in one big conference room and there's probably nine or ten Kansas city chiefs doing interviews all at the same time, talking and stuff like that. So the sound is not the best. It's kind of hard to hear Scott at times, but you can definitely hear Juju's answers, So bear with us and enjoy Scott questioning Juju Smith Schuster. I'm sorry, what a.
Speaker 6: Little tongue teaser for you, right.
Speaker 1: Candy Still, well, yes, here me go.
Speaker 6: Ah man.
Speaker 1: I just he's a great coach, all around.
Speaker 6: Half back.
Speaker 9: And the planning for a guy like him.
Speaker 12: It was more than just football, you know, offability there about your family, better about what you're annoying.
Speaker 9: Outside of the locker row with the guys. You know we about that came.
Speaker 5: Junior time.
Speaker 6: I did, I did?
Speaker 9: I love it there.
Speaker 1: Uh it's my first time, my first glove, so yeah.
Speaker 6: It's it's I mean, you don't go to change the city. Who ever changed me put to and who's chee to me, can't chance he's a welcome Yeah we come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, they get pretty deep and coming here. It's uh, it's a blessings all gonna be a part of it.
Speaker 6: Which Ady Reed, how would you describe Andy Reed? You look at him as like a body figure, and how do you feel the way you handles this whole team in general?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I can see him as a father gid so a lot of us.
Speaker 12: On the team who just cares a lovely group. It's a lovely rain that is so nice and uh for a lot of us. You know, when you it's like one of those people will realize you don't want to let down because name the leaves of trusting hell like going out there.
Speaker 2: To your job.
Speaker 6: Now obviously you're playing with Luciper. What are some of the other highlights that you could get a pretty bit of Bob that you've had in those far.
Speaker 9: Pittsburgh doing there? Obviously you know, I don't obviouslay his book?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: Next great you listen. I wish you nothing but potential book. I know you're a fine wide receiver and obviously, the one last thing that came to mind, how would you define this wide receiver group and playing.
Speaker 12: With Panta tohme uh, spontaneous excitement.
Speaker 9: Have different type of skills.
Speaker 1: A wave receiver and I'm glad that Patrick.
Speaker 2: He's able to use this.
Speaker 6: And you have pat to tow home a teens, don't not eva gon hand you.
Speaker 9: They're great, They're great.
Speaker 6: They told your times bit.
Speaker 1: Yet talk about your experience.
Speaker 6: Great guy, great guy who wouldn't want to root for a person like that? And as pends and talk. But I didn't know ill will towards Pittford at all. This is a great four count my time wins a Heckler coachter played more. I hacked what I had to say, but I want feedback from everybody else in the group, including ukn He go ahead, they'll start off with Benzam, what are your thoughts about what you heard there?
Speaker 5: I like howy there's no blood blood between him and the Steelers. I'm glad that he still respects the team after what happened. And just let you guys know that Steelers couldn't afford him. That's why we had to get rid of them. So that's what happened in Pittsburgh. So that's my t killing that.
Speaker 6: What about you, Ralph, Well you know he was.
Speaker 10: That's one of the reasons why some other things where there were some interesting rumors about his locker room demeanor, and there was also some interesting things about his social media stuff that he was posting. And you know, in my Tomlin sort of kind of let him get away with some of that stuff on social media, and it was causing a lot of riff, you know amongst fans and and and and players alike. And you know, on the team. I know that uh in Kansas City, he looks like he's uh shaped up his attitude because I know Andy Reid wouldn't put up with the stuff that he was.
Speaker 2: Doing here that with Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 10: But you know, I'm glad to see that he's with the winning team like Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Good fan.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, Patty for the kind of words Andy Frailer I like to do when he knocked out at Doug Perfect. I like that one too, Eddie. I'm glad you brought that up. Thank you.
Speaker 2: And he learned how to walk in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, perfect or the little dirty players I've ever seen. That's sir, bringing up content perfect. Everybody thought in tom I can see at thirty and Donald Shoe was a saint to bonted perfect, even to George Well.
Speaker 11: I mean you look at his stats and and and the great years he had in Pittsburgh. You guys remember twenty eighteen, Oh my god, one hundred and eleven receptions, fourteen twenty six yards, seven touchdowns.
Speaker 9: Now he's not the dominating.
Speaker 11: Wide receiver that he used to be, of course not, I mean when you look at but he still contributed. He contributed second time now with Kansas City. I didn't know he was there twice. I was, I was. I was tripped up on that one because yeah, he was there, and then he went, and then he came back and came back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So there's a lot to be said for that.
Speaker 11: There's a lot to be said for the player that they want back, somebody that's positive, good influence, whatever. There's a number of reasons that your need on the team offensively and whatever. But the fact of the matter is is he did play with a good team and a good coach. And Scott I really enjoyed your interview. You did a really good job. I think that young blonde or redhead fella next to you was a little jealous because he was he was making some faces there, But hey, you were controlling that interview situation, Scott, I love it. It was great, And yeah he had he had a lot of great things to say, Like you said earlier about you know, playing for Andy Gray, Joe.
Speaker 6: I lived for this stuff, Eddie Frather, Antonio Brown didn't started a position so perfect did that dirty hit on him and that Antonio Brown's career went down south, that he was a terror on social media and it ran him out of the league. Eddie Frather did some real damage to There's no doubt about that. So go ahead, Candy, were there, he saw me do it. What were your impressions?
Speaker 1: So it surprised me when he was talking about Mike Tomlin. I've always thought of Mike Tomlin as a very tough coach that he comes across as being very tough and can be more of a discipline area and I think on the team. But when he said that, Mike Tomlin goes above him beyond and gets to know you and your family and you know, takes a real interest in you outside of your job there because let's face it, when they're there, they're there for a you know, a job. It's a grueling job. It's a physical job. I was surprised, but yet I guess I'm not surprised because people want to play for people like Nick Tomlin, and so I thought it was really very respectful, to be honest with you, because let's face it, he's no longer in Pittsburgh. He's moved on. He's on a different team, and he's playing for another what I would say, another Hall of Fame coach, because Mike Tomlin's gonna be Hall of Fame and so is Andy Reid. Let's let's put it out there. So to play for some of the people, some of the best coaches, hall of Fame coaches, and to give both of them the respect. He was just down to earth. And I'm going to say that about all of the interviews that Scott got and did, there is some great ones coming down the pipe from our time in Super Bowl watch for the YouTube channel, because I don't want to give away all of the good interviews that we have coming down. But Kansas City was very open and very accommodating and letting us get in questions. Scott asked questions at multiple different press conferences. So if you did miss last night, we had one of the questions that you asked Andy Reid on orts. Was it on Sports Exchange or was it on Scott was on Sports Exchanger? Was it on Inside the Pigskins? So it's and here's one other thing. I'm gonna say kudos to Scott, my husband, because even there was a young reporter at a lot of these press conferences and that came up to Scott and said, you ask very intelligent, great questions. And I completely agree. Scott does a really good job. And that's partly why he's been in the business for as long as he has is because so many people respect him and will answer his questions. But he puts a lot of thought into him. So I hope everybody enjoys that little interview and all the interviews that are coming down the pipe.
Speaker 6: Right let me answer Patty Grime's question, what from the player that you interviewed? I'll give me all right now. I don't mind my check because it will be really soon enough. Patrick Mahomes and how much he knew about Joe Montana. Nowadays a lot of players don't know the history of game. Patrick Mahomes did know a lot about Joe Montana. And the thing about Patrick mahomes Is. He also people really realized that Joe Montana played most of his career in San Francisco. A few people realize he finished his career with the Kansas City Chiefs. Great question, Hey, thanks for asking me. Appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I got a really quick story for everybody. In the nineties, when I had my TV show on PCTV called Sports Talk with Ralph Williams, I used to go to the Bill kyrat press conferences and we had this this kid come up.
Speaker 2: He was from Johns Time.
Speaker 10: It was his first press conference for Bill at the Bill Kyratt press conference and he said to me in a a couple other of my colleagues, he said, what do I need to do here? It's my first time here. And I said, do not repeat anything. Listen to what the coach says, and do not repeat anything that he said, because he gets.
Speaker 2: Mad when you do that.
Speaker 10: He said, okay, Well, Bill cowerd come up. He gave the injury update on nose tackle Jewels Steve. He said, Joel Steed's out with a knee injury. What do you think that kid? Asked Bill Cower, what's the status of Jewel Steve and Bill Cowerd just lit it lit him up. He was like, why would you ask me that question when I just told you what was going on with Joel Steed? And I'm like, oh my gosh, I had just told this kid, don't repeat anything he tells you at the beginning, you know, or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: So yeah, that was my one of my interviewing experiences there for a new kid, or the one that that I saw there.
Speaker 6: So everybody in our field has an experience. I'm sure, George, we both There was a time I didn't even ask him player. That's ember that one GM over at Toledo where he says, you're looking for a story that isn't there. George, I don't mind mentioning that too, because I was trying.
Speaker 9: To get some information out of him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I said the guy, all I'm doing is my job just as far as you can go, so be it.
Speaker 11: How about how about the how about the time I covered the Red Wings and the Flyers and Stanley Cup finals and they said, anybody have a question out there? And I says, yes, I do. Terry Murray obviously was the coach. You know what, I called them? What hey, Brian, let me ask you about so and so. He stared me down. He embarrassed me in front of all those reporters, saying, my name isn't Brian, no ship.
Speaker 9: But he had to stick it to me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: But you know what, thank for reality. I'll depend you on this one. Those two guys are twins and they looked just a bottle like that can happen for anybody. I'm sticking up for you. Take quit while you're ahead.
Speaker 9: I torn, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I got a hockey story.
Speaker 10: I took coach or Herb Brooks to the airport when I was driving a.
Speaker 6: Cabey Yeah like that, Yes I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I was the penguin's personal cab driver at one time. I used to take all the penguins to practice on a soft point when they had their rink down there.
Speaker 2: Announcing Cranberg.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I am at Cranberrys in a while.
Speaker 9: All right, welcome, let's get back to candid now.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: So, my one of my last topics before we get into my talent and some other things, I want to talk about Brett Favre. As you all know Brett Favre or may or may not know, is that he's diagnosed with Parkinson's. But he recently won a humanitarian award that was he received at Lee Steinberg's party super Bowl party. And part of it is is what has come out is that he is, after his passing, he is donating his brain for research for CTE and two c IF all of his concussions led to Parkinson's and whatnot. Just some thoughts about him donating his brain to science, And I'm going to start with Ralph.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good you know, it's a good thing to do that.
Speaker 10: I'm an organ donor, you know, so I have no issues with what he's doing. It's sad to hear that he has Parkinson's, you know, that's Michael J. Fox has that. I've seen a lot of people that have had that over the years in my personal realm here.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's it's it's an interesting thing. It's sad to hear that he has Parkinson's.
Speaker 10: And I'm glad that he's doing something with his organs or you know, his brain and things like that.
Speaker 2: It's great to know that he's to have somebody else that can live.
Speaker 4: George, your thoughts, well, yeah, I mean, it's it is a very serious situation and you know, when you hear stories like that, of course, it brings to home the.
Speaker 2: Fact that.
Speaker 11: Football, college football, I mean it is it is a bit of a you know, a dangerous sport. They've made great strides, of course, we know that with helmets and and increased protection for the players, and and penalties called against defenders who rough up quarterbacks and stud and such, and but it's still a very rough sport.
Speaker 9: And of course Brett Farv.
Speaker 11: Had a great career and uh a super Bowl champion in a in a great Green Bay Packer legend. And it's always tough to see this, I mean it really is. I don't know if you caught it, but Michael J. Fox was was accepted an award just a few weeks back from a former president Joe Biden.
Speaker 9: He was he was.
Speaker 11: Honored with, uh, you know, a wonderful award which is you know, uh, prestigious.
Speaker 9: And I just felt so sorry for him.
Speaker 11: He needed somebody to help stand up and you know, get over to the podium or where Biden was giving him the Medal of Freedom and you know, things like that. And of course we saw how it affected Muhammad Ali and others too. But I really think that by him coming out is a good thing, you know, and easy for me to say it's but but I mean as a person, that's difficult to share that story, to share what's happened. And obviously there's a lot to be said for what Brett did, and I do wish him all the best of help and all the you know, I know it's a tough situation coming out with that, but he he handled it like a pro, like a man, and that was really good.
Speaker 1: Pensman your thoughts.
Speaker 5: I am glad that Brett Farv is taking care of stuff now because most athletes that die, they usually okay, now he's gone, they usually do stuff right what happens. It's like, okay, now that he's preparing, he's giving the university permission, he's doing this, he's doing that, And like George said, he had a good career. I can't stand facing them. When he was a packer, he didn't do he didn't do much as a jet But because I feel I feel I feel. I feel bad because he was part of the bounty in New Orleans during that whole the bounty gate, so so I feel bad for him, but I'm just glad he's taken as a pro and taking it as a man and taking stuff now before he'sfe still alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scott, your thoughts.
Speaker 6: Played a lot of consecutive games, but two hundred and sixty two of them took a lot of hits for the quarterback, most quarterbacks when he played for a lot of what he went through, There's no question about it. He took a beating out there. I'll tell you right now, of all the quarterbacks that I've watched growing up, three or four of my favorite ones. One of them is definitely Terry Brash. I love Terry kay time. I love the clutch player that he is. John Elway is this guy who I've always thought highly of. And Brett Barr and what do they all have in comment or a holiday? I admire Brett Farr for these to him now. I mean, if you played it, if you're a divisional point, you lose the team a lot because you see him twice a year. But when I heard that announcement, I made as a disclosure to my wife myself for all you people that don't know by now, I have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. I've had some serious brain injuries due to some concussion issues, and I told her I've decided myself and I am an organ donor, that I will devote. I will go ahead, and I'm putting this on on a live show right now, that I will be donating my brain to science as well. And the reason why I've decided to make that admission is I don't know how I got Alzheimer's disease in the age I did, when the average diagnosis of seventy seventy two years of age, and I'm at now, I'm sixty two and I was diagnosed at sixty one. So I want my wife to know all the answers about what led to it, so it'll just be more of an opportunity. So what Brett is doing to me, I think is just phenomenal. He could do no wrong. In my eyes, I don't care. A guy out of southern Mississippi who went to the Atlanta Falcons, Jerry Glanville, didn't believe in him. Mike Holgrian turned him around and he turned out to be the question of one of the greatest quarterbacks of all times? What can you say about the guy? And so more power to get Brett cadwill plus But yeah, anybody that can go out there and donate. What's my brain going to do when I'm interred? Go away and nobody's will learn anything about it. That's what a lot of these people are doing. More power to them. Great topic, Candy, Kenny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one more thing. Yes, as you know since you're a Packers fan. If when Brett Farr's dad died, instead of sitting out, he had his best career game who and every time he got hit, he got back up and said, here I am, go ahead, keep hitting me. So I just want to add that too to I.
Speaker 6: Want to mention some Paddy Grimes and chair I got kicked out the line camp By boy, you must have done something for Patty. I actually went to school with Wayne Bond's' son Mike. He's a good guy and I got to know Wayne and work with the guy when I covered the lines right a lot of years. But you know, fans are what they are. If things happened, and then any frayser, I will put fires ahead of Rogers of the EXCU meek all day long. Go ahead, Candy.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna set the record straight a little bit here because there are some facts that were quite right. So Brett Fires played twenty seasons in the National Football League, primarily with the Packers. He had. His consecutive games streak was actually three hundred and twenty one. It started in nineteen ninety two all the way to twenty ten. It included two hundred and ninety seven regular season games, the most in league history. He was also the first NFL quarterback to obtain seventy thousand yards, ten thousand passes, six thousand completions, five hundred touchdowns, and victories over all thirty two teams. He did play his college football in Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, and was selected in the second round of the nineteen ninety one NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons, where he spent one season as a backup. He was then traded to the Packers. He became their starter early in ninety two. He revitalized the franchise and that had been in a period of decline since the late sixties. During his sixteen seasons with Green Bay, he led the team to eleven playoff appearances, seven divisional titles, NFC championship games, two consecutive Super Bowl appearances, and one championship title. The team's first in nearly three decades. He was traded in two thousand and eight to the Jets, where he played one year, and he spent his final two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. Now, as some of you compare in contrast, and I know someone Edie put Farv ahead of Rogers, and I would put him ahead of Rogers too. It's I kind of ironic because Rogers went to the Jets, and now he's been released from the Jets. The question is is he going to follow the same pathway as far and go to the Vikings yet wait to be determined because we don't know because he is now a free agent and he might retire, or I really don't think it's out of him yet. I think he's just going to test the waters to see where he might land. But Brett also has come out and said that he thinks over his whole career that he had like a thousand concussions, which is a lot. And obviously there's different severities. There's times you know it, sometimes you don't know it. But kudos to him for wanting to protect future generations from the game that he loves. One of the things I will also say is when we were at Lee Steinberg's Super Bowl party. And for those of you that don't know who Lee Steinberg is, he's Patrick Mahomes agent. There were some different vendors, I would say, at the party, and there were a one of them had a different helmet that he wants the NFL to try out to help with concussions. There is also one of the inventors we are going to try and get on one of our shows, both Scott and mine, and he invented a mouthguard or a mouthpiece that is supposed to help deflect some of the initial shock. And I'm not as explain it as he will be, but it takes some of that shock Instead of going up into the head with your concussion, it dirt it and spreads it out to your lower so you don't get as bad of a concussion. But again, he's gonna come on one of our shows later on as he's promoting. So we had some great content. My only regret is I didn't see Brett at the party. So this party was held at a museum, three levels outside inside a lot of people in there. But kudos to him though, I really give anybody a lot of credit that wants to go forward and let somebody learn from his demise at that point.
Speaker 6: All right, Petty, I can see why Wayne Finds was a little upset with you if nobody was supposed to be in attendant. And that's all right, shows you your fans you want to do it. But Wayne's an easy going guy. It's one of those things that he didn't He didn't want you there. He's to know about it. And I work with Wayne, one of the best coaches I've.
Speaker 11: Ever worked with.
Speaker 1: Okay, anybody have any other topics except for my tone. Then my tone it is. We're gonna start with Pensman. What's happening in your towne.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna talk about the Steelers for a little bit. And we touched base on this just a little bit. Go out there, get Justin Fields one more year, and I get Will Howard in twenty twenty six. Justin Fields, teach Will Howard how to do the system. No more old people. Russell Wilson, we saw what he did. No more old people. It's time for get a franchise quarterback and go back to Steeler football. That Ralph and I and everybody in Pittsburgh knows what Pittsburgh football.
Speaker 11: Is all about.
Speaker 1: Okay, mister George Ichorn, what's happening?
Speaker 11: In what there's lock and lot happening. The Right Wings are on a much deserve break right now. Tampa Bay put a little dent in their plans to go into the Four Nations break with winnings Drake. Obviously they broke Detroit's winnings Drake, but that game was viewed by so many and my dear colleague Scott has told me for years how much the National Hockey League and the national networks need the Red Wings and the original six. And we talked about it on our earlier show. The ratings were just off the charts for Tampa Bay at Detroit just over a week ago. The other one, of course, is the Detroit Pistons. And here we got a team that you talk about teams that have come from nowhere.
Speaker 9: I mean, my god.
Speaker 11: They set that terrible losing streak a year ago and worst record of the NBA, worst of course, in Piston history, and now here they are a few games above five hundred. I can't say enough about what their young coach. I was going to almost call him his dad's name, but Bickerstaff JB.
Speaker 9: Right, JB.
Speaker 11: Bickerstaff has done a just done a really good job and his coaching staff here, and Kate Cunningham is well deserved.
Speaker 9: It's going to play in the All Star Game this weekend. So good things. Lots of good news in Detroit.
Speaker 11: And I forgot to mention, of course, that Dylan Larkin and Lucas Raymond were representing Detroit in the in the Nation the four Nation Hockey Showcase. And then, like I said, Kate Cunningham is playing in San Francisco in the All Star.
Speaker 9: Game Sunday, So hats off to those two, those three guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, mister Ralph, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 10: Well, Bensman pretty much sums some things up about the Steelers baseball seasons here, and as usual, the Pirates have done nothing anyway, and they're gonna do nothing this year as usual. But anyway, one thing I want to talk about is there's a guy here who decided that he had a big tailgate going on, and the parking authority people decided to shut him down because he said he was rowdy and making too much noise. He had dignitaries like Rocky Blier, former Steelers Kevin Green and some other people at these tailgate parties.
Speaker 2: Well they moved them to another site.
Speaker 10: Well, now he went out and he bought a billboard and it says two aren't ruining the second fire Tomlin or sell the team. So now we have two teams with two different people putting up billboards just like they said the nutting to sell the pirates or make them a contender or sell them.
Speaker 2: We now have two.
Speaker 10: Will there be a third billboard for the Penguins. That's going to be my question here and that's my time tonight.
Speaker 6: Scott Well lo Leo Haggerty, no problem, I'm going to Tampa for this one. Former University South Florida head coach Charlie Strong will be returning to Tampa Bay to coach the Buccaneers defensive line. Strong was at US from twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen, leading the Bulls twenty one and sixteen record, including a ten win first season, before being fired in the year three. Prior to think at US, He's a head coach at both Texas and Louisville. So Charlie Strong returning to the Tampa Bay area and then as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers more power to Charlie, when you get out of college, you might as go into the pros. You never know what will happen. So I'm happy for him. USF programs in good hands with Alex Stolis, But I'm glad to see Charlie going back to Tampa and going to the pros. More power to him and George. One thing he didn't mention Detroit. I know I'll be talking about it on Monday's edition one hundred and sixty Payball Talk Farms. The Detroit Tigers six years, one hundred and seventy one million dollar offer to Alic Fragman, no problem. I have no problem with that that Bregman decided to go three years, one hundred and twenty million, because when people find out he's not a durable he's going to get paying a guy that came forty million dollars a year but two opt outs. Don't worry. I'll bet anything he won't use those two opouts to forty million dollars a year doesn't grow on three. He took the forty million a year and ran to the Red Sox, and even he doesn't hold up, they'll do it. Tiger's made a noble effort to try to sign him. We'll see what transpires. I have no problem with the Tiger's not getting this guy back to strong. He's going with a strong organization with the Buccaneers, has been winning and I hope it. Charlie does well up there.
Speaker 10: I think you'll work well with Todd Bowles. He's a strong kind of guy that's been around well.
Speaker 6: Todd Bowles. Rob works well with anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Just like, let me tell you one thing about Tomlin to say, hypothetically he wasn't with the Sailors and they wanted to coach, he'd be hired tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I know you would.
Speaker 1: Okay. So in my town, I am going back to my home state Wisconsin, going back to Milwaukee. On Sunday, we were in New Orleans. No, we did not get tickets to the Super Bowl, but we were in the town for the week. But another big event happens Sunday in Milwaukee. Hub Brown, longtime NBA broadcaster, retired after sixty years in the business. Kudos to him. He did it on his terms. He decided that in Milwaukee was his last game. That's where he started his career as a coach. Kudos to him. They gave him the game Ball, they did a little video tribute. On another note, sad to see Chris Middleton get traded away from Milwaukee. He will be missed on and off the court as he was a great humanitarian for the city of Milwaukee as well. But one last thing we're gonna as we are transitioning from football to now baseball season. Pitchers and catchers reported for most of the major league teams this week in the last two days, I will I am proud to say that the Milwaukee Brewers will be supporting and they will be sporting on their uniforms a Bob Buker patch for all of the season in honor of their great legendary broadcaster Bob Buker. And they also came out today and announced that Freddie Peralta will be our opening day starter for opening days. So for those of you that like baseball, baseball is starting again. Spring training has started for most teams. I think a lot of teams start actually games next week already, And if you are interested, definitely tune in Monday nights on our on South Florida YouTube channel. We have what's called one hundred and eight, such as Baseball Talk, great programming, great show, Scott's got great guests on the show, so make sure you tune in if you especially if you like baseball. Anything you want to add to that.
Speaker 6: Scott, Yeah, as a matter of fact, I feel bad we weren't able to run that show, the least for being on the road. It was hard. But let me tell you that show is going to like a lot of our older shows, depending on the season. That is underneath this is big Ball Talk is a show that people should get ready to be prepared to watch. It will explode this summer. A few other programming notes, as I mentioned earlier in the show, External Bum is no more for trap Is and we'll be rebranding it to Saturday nine at ten o'clock PM Eastern Time. Okay, notes, right, that's right, what I say, p m am all right, Yeah, that's why I'm donating my brain to science people. Okay, then again whatever And then on Monday, well on a network, I'm going to have a special MotorCity Mad Mouse show. We're going to talk about NHL expansion. But one of the shows I'm really looking forward to the most will be on No Limit. I'll be bringing on an actress, a local actress named Rachel Galvin, who is she a former editor at the Teifield Beach observer of big presence in the journalism to Unity, and she'll be on there. So what we're trying to do is when there are nonsports topics available and to write my pocket, I'm going to go out there and do it. And this should be a pretty good interview. Hope everybody can join us with scheduling that for Wednesday night from eight to nine, preceding the Sports Exchange Candy. Like I said, we have a lot of good things in the hopper. Of course you know ABO one hundred and sich As Baseball about Sports Exchange and of course what you do is a really super job here on Fire of Candy.
Speaker 1: But before we go, I have to I would be missed because I haven't said it all all show. In fact, I was going to say it when we were leading off and we were talking about Ralph and how Scott has mentored him and how he's teaching him. There is a tool out there that everybody can use that Scott the MotorCity mad Mouth wrote he wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders, The forward is written also by a panel here tonight, mister George Icorn. The book is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. Audiobook to come out later this year. We are working on it as one of the many projects I have in the hopper in the works. But there's also a link to the book on our website www dot Selflorida Tribune dot com, where most of this panel writes, some of us take pictures. Go check out our website. Go buy his book if you want to learn about how the media has changed over the last forty plus years. If you want to listen to some excellent stories that Scott tells. If you want to see a picture of a young Muhammad Ali with a young Scott, go get the book Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can get us find us wherever you get your podcasts. If you see the red subscribe button, then that lower right hand that means you have not subscribed to our channel. Honestly, I don't know why you haven't as of yet, but please do so, share and like us with all your friends and family. We want to keep growing because we have some great programming on our channel. Monday nights we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talk football. Wednesday and Thursday nights Sports Exchange and Fire Up. There is no limit to what we're gonna be talking about. You just never know, so you have to tune in to find out. Thursday nights, on the second episode of Sports Exchange, we normally talk NHL. So for those of you that are hockey fans, they did an excellent hockey show preceding this tonight, Scott, George and Rod, so go check that out as well. If you like to read stories, go to our website. You'd like to listen to podcasts, find us wherever you get your podcasts. If you want to advertise, call Scott nine five four three zero four. If you want to be a guest or you have show ideas, you can always email us at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com. Now I'm gonna go around the panel. I want to first thank everybody that's been in the chat room tonight and commenting. We love all the different people in there. And now I want to thank are my great panel that's been here tonight, and I'm gonna allow them to tell all of you how you can watch them and their channels or get a hold of them. We're gonna start with mister Pensman, how can people get a hold of you?
Speaker 5: Before I do that, just want to let you know that the Yankees are playing the twenty first that's their first, that's their first preseason games. So he said that the games are coming up, so February twenty first, that's the first preseason game for the Yankees. So just want to click that out. But you can find me on you You can find me on YouTube on Pensman Sports, and on Twitter on x on Pensman Sports.
Speaker 6: That's out to Jack Warren. Thank you very much for joining us tonight to get all of as many comments as we can. But we certainly acknowledge that you're in there, and if you're still listening and watching, much appreciated. Patty Grimes, Eddy Fraser and the rest that participated, much appreciated, Go have the candy them in. They're up that the chat room is important to tale as.
Speaker 2: You all know.
Speaker 1: Yes, mister George, how can people find you?
Speaker 11: You can find me on the Southport A Tribune website. Were right under the Motor City Tribune. Also right locally here for the Detroit Monitor. And we also have a book. It's it's called Detroit Sports Broadcasters on the Air. Thank you, Candy. There's a nice picture of the book.
Speaker 9: And look at that.
Speaker 11: The former mascot of the Right Wings made my book cover. This little guy here is no more. That was an experiment that did not go very far. And here's Gordie how and Bud Lunch playing with his beak. I won't I won't say any more what they're trying to do. And the other picture is golfer Bruce Crampton interviewed by Bob Reynolds of WGR with a younger fellow back there in suglasses name Paul Carey.
Speaker 9: So these are the kind of pictures you're going to say.
Speaker 11: You're going to see a young Scott Morgan rothen young George Ecord of that book, and even a young Ernie Harwell at George Cool. It's available at Amazon, and and Candy puts a link up to my book at the end of my columns that I write, and you could find me at gi corn at yahoo dot com as well as on Twitter. The X under sand g Sports ninety nine. Also I'm on LinkedIn a lot and Twitter and all the other ones that I mentioned. Good to be part of tonight's show. I enjoy this as well as the Football Show, Inside the Pigskin and anywhere else Scott needs me, especially the hockey show as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Well, Bob Reynolds made my book with you pel But Gordie Howe, I had a bunted up shoulder.
Speaker 9: And Bob Reynolds that's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: I'm getting another picture with Gordi Howe actually in Coral Springs, Florida, but he was doing a memory billy show no sling at that point. It was really nice. Yeah, Rob Reynolds was there with you and I. We were both. Yeah, I was there. He's back. You were in the background and I was. I was with Gordi how And then Bob Reynolds was sitting right next week. Good stuff. He's a nice guy who used to watch. He's sitting next me all the time.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 9: A good memories, good broad broadcaster.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, mister Ralph, you've been patiently waiting here in the wings here. How can people find you and get a hold of you?
Speaker 10: Well, I have you a YouTube channel, Ralph Williams r W Media. Please subscribe check out all my programming on there. I'm also on Twitter X please follow me there as well. And I also I'm on Facebook, Timbler and LinkedIn, and I'm also I also have two radio shows on Saturday on twelve fifty am and ninety two point five FM, The Answer here in Pittsburgh, The Ralphilliam Tony Moreno Show. And I also have Sports Corner Radio show with me, Ralph Williams, Smoking, Jim Frasier, Claudia Arizono and Luther Depri And we also have this the new show on Saturday that Scott mentioned, with myself, Scott Morgan Roff, Leo Haggerty and a guest of our choosing it is the Sports Rap. Pensman contributes as well. Candy's been on the show and so and George way back when was on the show a few times as well. So we'll be having different people on, but it's me, myself, Scott Morgan, Roff, and Leo Haggerty. It's great to have a new name Sports Rap. It's a great name and we're going to keep the show going nine am to ten am. YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter x platforms and also on the Huddle Sports Network.
Speaker 6: Not only that, ideas A yeah, the ideas will be coming as Ralph goes ahead and start to get a handle on Twitter, and I'll be tagging him and I'm sure he'll be writing down some ideas as he continues to build his Twitter express.
Speaker 2: Right, Ralph, Yes and deed, thank you.
Speaker 10: And also I want to let everyone know out there that I signed a new contract with the answer A twelve fifty am, so my radio shows will continue for another six months.
Speaker 6: So good news, all right, Good grads, Tigers Direct Media, Glad you're on too.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Scott. Anything you wanted to add.
Speaker 6: No, you did a great job, Candy. We covered a lot of ground, Glad you got the book end, and obviously there were some important topics to talk about. Not often do we get an opportunity to talk about a country singer like Zach Brian. You know what's interesting about with Brian spelling and my middle name was spelled b Rya and as well, but how often can you come out a sportshow and talk about a country singer. This is at those unique opportunities were able to do it because it's in unquestionably a bucket list stadium for those that haven't been in the big guys that need to get there, so great opportunity sees it when you get it.
Speaker 1: One last thing that I did not promote, and I must do so if any of you out there are interested in watching chicks talking sports, you gotta check us out Tuesday nights Chicks and Salsa or three Chicks in a Pod. We talk women talk in sports. You never know what we're gonna be talking about, but you gotta check us out Tuesday nights. Chicks. Like I said, Chicks and Saucer are three chicks in a pod. Basically what happened is there was three chicks they started a pod and that was the first show, and then they added added me, and I'm like, well, I'm a fourth chick, Like how can we be three chicks in a pod with a fourth chick. So we keep with the name Chicks and Salsa. So it depends on how many of us are doing it. What show We keep both of them alive, But go check us out as well Tuesday nights at seven p thirty Eastern. But other than that, love check out our shows, watch for our content. We're gonna have more of the Super Bowl stuff coming up, pictures, stories, videos.
Speaker 5: All of it.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to share all of that wonderful experience. And I want to first before we sign off, I want to thank Scott, my husband, for being the guy he is and taking me on that beautiful, wonderful experience, once in a lifetime experience. I feel it was just a wonderful vacation, wonderful time. Obviously, all you guys know that I love I have a love for football, So what better place to be than in the place that they were celebrating the Pinnacle. Yes, maybe the game wasn't what everybody wanted or expected, or some liked the halftime, some didn't like the halftime, but it was a once in a lifetime experience to see all of the people that I saw at the Super Bowl Radio Row Superdome on Monday.
Speaker 6: Night, superdomin Not only that, she got bourbon streets, you got French corners, you got jacks and squares done getting me better than that? And of course I did a serene Sunday out and ham and Louisiana where he had the Southeastern Louisiana Lions with a stadium of seventy five hundred people. I did that on a Sunday. It was pretty neat, and that their color scheme was actually green and gold, and I was wearing a USF shirt by the way, so a little bit of synergy there. It's all good. There was a lot of fun on Candy had Chancets in Orleans. Games are all well and good, only so many people go I've covered for Georgia's covered two games. I've covered for. But in the end, I think it's all about what you do during the week. Games are an added bonus, but you get everything that you can get. The NFL is really classic about taking care of about your all your expensive meals and so forth, and transfer. All you have to do is get there and do your best work because that way you want to have an opportunity to be reconsidered again to do this well.
Speaker 1: And I think when we put up all the different things that we're going to be putting up. One of the show. One of the videos that I really enjoyed was Scott talked to. Because the NFL is really big about supporting veterans, he had on his on a video two veterans talking about their experiences and mental health and everything that goes along with that. He's he talked to another former ex NFL player who's written a book and it does taxes and accounting. Now he's you're just going to have to wait and watch all the different great interviews he had.
Speaker 6: I was just in awe of all that he did, so thank you, appreciate it. He did great video work to make it all reality. Now everybody else benefit from Sandy's video work and did everything I could come up with the best questions. I get looking forward to getting out there so we get a change exactly.
Speaker 9: So I think Penn's been has an update for us. I think give us the hockey score.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks George. I want to say too, if I can add this, as of right now, with twenty five shots, the USA is up five to one right now against Finland. And I wanted to promote this that since this is going on, I've been doing shorts. So go over my channel, go hit that like button subscribe. I'm doing the best I can and I cannot make it up to Canada. For those who said that, go up. I'm doing the best I can. So I'm going to try to doing this the best I can. This tournament is on next Friday, I think is the championship. So will I'll I'll do shorts, I'll do coverage, I'll do what i can until the tournament's over. So just add just that's why you need to subscribe to my channel, because I'm doing that too.
Speaker 6: All right, you can stop with that.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, everybody. Happy Valentine's Day for tomorrow for all of you that celebrate it, enjoy and have a great week. We'll see you next week. Good night, everybody, all right, Like