Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Dan, It's Heidi. Heidi ganall here filling in for Dan Capless.
Speaker 3: Very blessed to be with you on this Wednesday afternoons slash evening. Okay, Ryan, you're headed out to the ball game. Uh huh, who's gonna win?
Speaker 4: Tigers are going to sweep this series. I don't think that's breaking news of the best team in the American League. I'm very proud of them. And the Rockies, well, they're still trying to find themselves. My favorite part of the night though, I just got a text from your husband Jason, and he told me exactly where the locations were for GQ. They're on the upper level. Free advertising I'm doing. I don't care, Yeah, go right, I'm paying me, I'm paying them. I'm hiring them to do the catering for the wedding receptions.
Speaker 5: I think the Rockies are gonna do an upset get out of here.
Speaker 6: With that anyway.
Speaker 4: So GQ is directly behind home player level. Take your beagling go, but the third level directly behind plate. Jason Telly's like the main stand. Then there's another one that's a little bit further down. But he said go to the main one, and I thanked him for that. He is such a nerd. He and I would be like besties because he said, thank c Yes, I live with that. Funny guy.
Speaker 2: Was awesome.
Speaker 6: I love to laugh.
Speaker 3: You want to hear a funny story. So Jason and I met. We got set up on a blind date.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 3: It was August of two thousand and seven when we got set up and we hit it off. And one of our first dates after we met was I got comp tickets one of my can't bow out clients to the Rockies Red Sox World Series game. Oh wow seven Yeah, And Jason's gonna have to text you if he's listening.
Speaker 2: Is how you Which game it was?
Speaker 3: I can't remember, but we literally got kicked out of the club section for cheering too much. And he's from Saint Louis and he's like, what the heck? Who gets kicked out of a baseball game for cheering too Like this would never happen Saint Louis. No, and he's like, and by the way, you're the perfect girl for me. Let's get married. And we ran off.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidding. It was a little longer than that.
Speaker 4: But I tell I think that was a turning point because it was I mean, if you're a real fan, people know this, whether it's Saint Louis or Detroit or Boston, the Yankees and Europe. You said a Dodgers fan, those those traditional teams, you care for the teams?
Speaker 6: Was it because you were in a certain section? Are you're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Selling you in details? In trouble?
Speaker 4: It was a grand thrown right, Are you supposed to be like a golf clap crowd or.
Speaker 3: Whatever the kind of was. And I was a little rowdy, and I may have had a beer in my hand. I'm rowing up and down celebrated another one.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Adam moved in with me because I had cable.
Speaker 2: What no, Kelly, that sounds all right, Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: No, three days after we knew each other, he spent on my couch for about a month.
Speaker 2: Whatevers.
Speaker 3: You know, the young people are listening, that's a valuable piece of advice.
Speaker 6: I don't know about the table party more. That's out dated.
Speaker 4: If you got all the apps, like you know, Prime Video and Hulu and Netflix and Amazon, all that sort of thing, it's.
Speaker 2: Such a racket.
Speaker 3: Like I've obviously been sitting on the couch for a month healing from the surgery, and I've watched every stink in series on the planet's favorite one. So when I go dark, I go Handmaid's Tail. I really liked Oh gosh, man, man who fall?
Speaker 2: What was it? Man who felt?
Speaker 3: It was like political? I can't remember. And we watched with the kids. I watched The Perfect Couple. That was pretty good. I mean all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you real quick.
Speaker 4: About Handmaid's Tale, because you're going to get a negative reaction from this crowd, and I understand it. But my fiance, Kelsey, who I've told you is the right of me, watched that whole thing series caught up and liked it. I guess I'm not gonna watch this. It's a sick it's dark, but my point would be it well her. Here's Kelsey's selling point for it for the conservative audience out there, was the United States went way too far left, so it overcorrected with the Handmaid's Tale universe to be in this like strict misogynistic society, and that's what happens.
Speaker 6: When you go too far one direction. That was her announced.
Speaker 2: So I took it a little bit differently.
Speaker 3: I took it as government control, like government just like control everything to the nth degree, and how badly that can go. And so that's kind of the perspective I watched it from. But yeah, I try and watch all kinds of things. We watched that Demi Moore movie that got nominated for the Academy Awards and Global Did you guys watch that?
Speaker 6: Which one was sick?
Speaker 2: It is weird.
Speaker 3: It is so wild. I do not recommend watching it. I think I have nightmares still over it. Demi mort she did a good job acting in it, but it is bizarro. I can't remember the name offhand. I'll remember at three in the morning, since yes, the substance to look it up. It's an aging actress who wants to be young and cool and hip, so she gets like makes a deal with the devil kind of and takes this substance and it just goes terribly wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh so, yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 3: But you know, I like watching lots of different things and getting different perspectives. But man, it was like it was disappointing in a way too.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, be like, this is.
Speaker 3: All you got, Like I'm on the couch for a month, I can watch whatever, and this is what you got. And I ended up going back to watching with my daughter's young Sheldon. We love that series.
Speaker 6: Do you watch that? Yeah? When it's on, like, oh, well, I'll tune in for a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's so cute and it's a throwback to like the eighties and growing up.
Speaker 2: I think it's the eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, But I just resonate so much with that show.
Speaker 2: And I also love The Gilmore Girls. We watched The Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 6: That's a throwback.
Speaker 2: We watched that over and over again in our house.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Uh the one series I would highly recommend from the Tailor's shared and catalog that I've watched, but which I love the most because of who's in it and how awesome he is.
Speaker 6: Landman with Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 7: Watch that.
Speaker 6: You gotta watch it. He's so good in it.
Speaker 4: Okay, and there's a scene but there's a scene that I actually played it on either this show or my own. I'm trying to remember which where Billy Bob Thorne explains why solar and wind it's just not in all that's not an all encompassing strategy for energy.
Speaker 6: We need to drill oil.
Speaker 2: Hollywood made this.
Speaker 6: Oh this is incredible.
Speaker 4: If you watch it, it's like an advertisement for us, you know, Colorado Oil and Gas Association.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's good, It's really good.
Speaker 3: I don't know how on Earth I left off, Like the new season of nineteen twenty three that was freaking awesome, and I love the Yellowstone series.
Speaker 4: One thing about nineteen twenty three, and I won't give away spoilers, Yeah, but wow, is it relentlessly just sad? I know all the characters. Horrible things happen to these people. Very few good things happen to these people that you're rooting for.
Speaker 6: In nineteen twenty three.
Speaker 2: It was nineteen twenty three Ryan, things were wrough.
Speaker 6: I guess it was.
Speaker 2: I mean, were there anibotics back then?
Speaker 6: Nope, yeah, just before it was.
Speaker 2: It's brutal.
Speaker 6: It is brutal, but it's.
Speaker 4: Like there's no let up. It's one of the reasons I stopped watching The Walking Dead was there was no humor, there was no lightness. It was all darkness, and I was watching Breaking Bad having that same feeling. I actually spoke about this name drop with the Scholar Brothers who have a guest role in Better Call Saul, that you spin off that I actually prefer to Breaking Bad. But I was going to give up on Breaking Bad because of that. It was so dark, it was so like downer. I'm like, I feel worse about life right now. And then Bob Odenkirk showed up as Saul Goodman, the attorney, hilarious, and he brought me back in. He won me over and I watched the rest of Breaking Bad because of him. I have not watched Breaking Bad. I know that really crazy. Well, you got to watch Better Call Saul, because I think it's superior to Even It's such a ridge.
Speaker 2: Better Call Saul. I'm gonna have to text with this later.
Speaker 6: Land Man, land Man, Billy, Bob Thornton.
Speaker 2: And land Man. I'm excited to watch it.
Speaker 6: I love that one.
Speaker 4: Well, Sean Hamm, Demi Morris in it is she Yeah, now think about it, duh, I should have put that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, you know, and I grew up in the era I'm older than you with About Last Night, like the sixteen Candles and like all the brat Pack movies or what were they called?
Speaker 6: Was it the Brackpack?
Speaker 2: That's right, we had the best movies. What was the director back then, John Hughes Hughes Gosh, best shows.
Speaker 3: I try and show some of these movies to my kids, not the naughty ones, but the more pure ones, and they are just bored.
Speaker 2: They're like, there's nothing cool about this.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like, you know, I guess it's data. I mean, gotta think, Heidi, these movies are now like forty years old.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it. Like The Breakfast Club is forty one years old.
Speaker 2: I think we tried to get the kids to watch Goonies a couple of weeks ago. This is great, I know, and they were not impressed. Oh man, I know, it's very sad.
Speaker 8: It was very sad.
Speaker 2: It makes my heart hurt a little bit.
Speaker 6: But makes you feel really old, I know.
Speaker 2: I have so I have twins that are thirteen now.
Speaker 3: They just turned thirteen, and I have a fifteen year old who's a freshman in high school, and a twenty nine year old Tory, who, funny enough, was on a different radio show this morning, co hosting for the first time ever on the radio. That dang broadcast journalism degree that I got her at the University of Oregon paid off. Finally, finally, I think it's been while she graduated twenty seventeen, so it's taken a few years. But it's like watching these kids and their interaction with media and the things that they like. And they'll sit and watch these YouTube videos that are just lame for hours on end and just laugh and think they're hilarious, and I'm like, oh my gosh, good quality.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to ask her.
Speaker 3: I don't know, if we have time before break, maybe we can talk about this after break about Trump's tariff on Hollywood and producing movies outside the country.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting play. Do you think he's for real?
Speaker 6: Well, we're talking about this.
Speaker 4: Actually, she plugged for my own program on Friday in my first hour, the Right Side of Hollywood, Christian Toto, Deborah Flora, because we'll be talking to Bill Walton, No, not that to Seize basketball announcer, but the Rush River Entertainment founder who is pushing back against this idea from President Trump, Ah, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, I think he says just some of this stuff to get a rise from people, and some of it comes out, some of it doesn't.
Speaker 3: And I think it's kind of funny he's so confident with the media right now, he just lays them to waste.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to watch.
Speaker 3: One more thing I want to talk about after the break, Ryan, This Axios story about how they're so upset that mainstream media is being destroyed at the White House, like they don't have their seat at the White House anymore. Maybe you can look up and see if there's a fun clip. But it's going to be a fun one to talk about, So let's talk about that after the break. This is Hidigan All filling in for Dan Kaplis and I having a good time with my friends Ryan and Kelly.
Speaker 2: We'll be back after the break.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dankaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 3: It is over, Ryan, legislative session in Colorado is over today. It is a happy, happy thing for Colorado. This is Heidigan All. I'm filling in for Dan Kaplis here with Ryan Shilling, and it has been a crazy, crazy legislative session in Colorado. I think what seven hundred bills or something. They're way too long. We need to shorten this up and keep them away from that Capitol building for a much longer period of time going forward in my estimation. But you know what do I know.
Speaker 6: Well? And that's the thing I was lamenting and worrying about during the break, Hei, do you request? I want a celebratory song the end of the session.
Speaker 4: But KBB Christy Burton Brown was forecasting some ominous sky, saying that they might try to advance a special session. Oh no, to expand on their absolute lunacy that we've seen. That's the thing too, Heidi, is I'm thinking back and I remember the last session was terrible, and.
Speaker 6: They'm like, wait a minut.
Speaker 4: It somehow, some way, they always find a way to make it even worse the next time.
Speaker 6: And they did that here, worst.
Speaker 4: Ever, worst ever gun grab bill thirteen twelve. Take me through a one two punch in Colorado General Assembly history. That's worse than just those two. And that's two of many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there's so many bad things that they've done in this session. And here's the bad part is like people don't pay attention. Average voters don't pay attention a lot of them don't even vote. We have bad turnout rates in some areas of Colorado and in some instances, especially with Republicans, and the policies don't really start to impact things for a year or two, and by then the politicians are long gone, nobody's held accountable, and it's just like, oh well.
Speaker 2: And this goes back to the list.
Speaker 3: That I talked about when we first came on air that was in the Denver Gazette today about Colorado going down the drain, and it lists this whole long laundry list of stats that are just terrible for our state. And this is not a happy thing to see for those of us that have been here a while. And you've been here a while. I've been here since nineteen.
Speaker 2: Seventy eight, and I am ticked off, like.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of this state being destroyed by these folks. And you know, we may not be in the majority, but we still get to talk about it and call them out.
Speaker 2: Here's here's a crazy thing.
Speaker 3: I read Redfinn projects Denver will have the most homes on the market per capita in the US, coupled with having the highest apartment vacancy rate since two thousand and eight, property values are falling. Denver has become undesirable almost overnight. We're on a path becoming the next Detroit City bankruptcy and all. And here's our mayor of Denver asking for what like an eight hundred million dollar addition to his budget.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just ridiculous. And you know what, people will probably vote for it because money solves everything, or they think it does in this state. In our state has doubled in the last decade. And look at all these stats. I'll read off a couple of them again because I think we had to stop and go to break because I went through so many of them. But Colorado fell from a top state, a top ten state for in migration people moving into Colorado, to the bottom in twenty twenty five to the bottom ten. So it went from the top ten to the bottom ten. People are not moving here and post pandemic math performance and literacy performance has fallen for our kids.
Speaker 2: The education system is a mess.
Speaker 3: In the economy, we went from being one of the top five states for economic performance to the bottom ten in twenty twenty four, and the state ranks and this is my favorite because we.
Speaker 2: Have such a liberty loving governor.
Speaker 3: State ranks as the sixth most regulated in the United States, six most regulated state in the United States. Colorado, Land of the Free, and a governor who claims he's a libertarian.
Speaker 2: Dana Perino puts him on Fox all the time talking about how libertarian ish he is. It makes me so crazy. And the list goes on and on.
Speaker 3: So how come people don't understand these stats? They live them every day and they still won't vote a different person into office. One saw Jimmy Fayala down and Colorado Springs. I'll never forget it because Kelly was there too. It was on the day that Donald Trump got shot and he still did the act. It was kind of an uncomfortable scene, but he did the best he could and we met him afterwards. Well back, there was Dana Perino's sister, really and I got to believe that she, Dana Perno's sister still lives here in Colorado.
Speaker 4: She knows what's going on. I gotta believe that Dana talks to her sister. She has to know that Jared Poulis is not the libertarian he told us he was.
Speaker 2: I think her mom lives here too well, there you go. Yeah, it shocks me. They would not let me on her and Bill's show the whole time I was running for governor. It was so weird. And they had Jared Pulis on a lot.
Speaker 6: Are you seriously right now?
Speaker 2: We tried over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: I'd even met Dana a while back and she would just fawn over Jared Paulis.
Speaker 2: And I don't even think that's allowed. Is it to not give equal time? Maybe it's the network overall?
Speaker 4: Why am I not shocked that a former bushy wit was preferring a Democrat in a race against a Republican like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what's so interesting to me, Ryan is right now I'm getting called a rhino and establishment.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy.
Speaker 3: And I've gotten to the point where in these threads I just put a crazy face like a little emoji. That's just like, y'all are just nuts, Like you don't know me. You don't know what I've done. You don't know who I was as a region at University of Colorado. You don't know that I've been involved in Turning Point for all these years. I mean, it's like it drives me crazy. We're eating our own. I hope brit It can get a handle on this. And wow, how did I shift to this topic? So? Well?
Speaker 4: No, it's important because I think if we did, like the old blind taste between coke and PEPSI if we did a blind kind of resume test of quotes and we took some Donald Trump quotes and didn't tell the so called Rhino watch people, and I'm very sad. I don't think I've been on there yet, but I'm working my way on Ryan.
Speaker 2: We got to get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, what's what's the deal? But Trump himself would be called a rhino. I think for some comments that he's made, maybe on tariff's in trade, there are unions, there's nominations. He's made, not everything that you and I agree with, but we like the total package that is Donald Trump. I think if these individuals are calling you a rhino, Lauren Bobert a rhino, Steve Reems a rhino, Like wait a minute, if those three are rhinos, then everybody's a rhino.
Speaker 3: You're a rhino, and you're a rhino. And yeah, it's it's gotten to the point of just it's just laughable. And they're making a mockery of themselves and our party, and I don't I'm not even gonna name who they are. They know who they are, most of us know who they are, and they just have nothing better to do then pick at us all day and take our time and attention away from doing the real work of fixing this party and turning this state around that I love so much, and I want us to be the land of the Free again, the wild wild.
Speaker 2: West, the new Frontier.
Speaker 3: So afterwards, we're gonna after the break, we're going to talk about that with Lacy Williams about how to.
Speaker 2: Bring the youth, the youth into our movement again. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: She wants to adopt one of the beagles that was tested on in these horrible labs that were shut down.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness, they're finally waking up and doing that.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: We got to address the crazy bat lab we have up at CSU where they're doing like.
Speaker 2: COVID function or gain of function research. No, yes, that's a.
Speaker 4: Very last thing.
Speaker 6: We should be doing it to what happened.
Speaker 3: I know in Wuhan they just did a fourteen million dollar addition to their back lab about.
Speaker 2: I know anything but that it's crazy.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I'll talk.
Speaker 3: I'll come with some details tomorrow and talk to you about that. And it's crazy. You're not even gonna believe it. You're gonna think I'm a conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 2: But I have I have the goods. I have the goods.
Speaker 3: Also, tomorrow we're going to talk about marching orders for fall twenty five, the school board elections in the midterms. There are some specific things people can do. It's not hard five minutes a day to make a difference. I want to talk about this kind of crazy story that Bob Cooper wrote for us in Rocky Mount Voice about Act Blue and Win Red and how they're they've maybe scammed people and done identity theft in Colorado up to four thousand Colorado's there's a tool you can use to look it up that have maybe been donated to political operatives or candidates in Colorado's names that didn't know about it.
Speaker 2: That's kind of crazy. And then I want to give.
Speaker 3: Five actstions that you can actually take, each one of you can take to make our elections more secure at the county level.
Speaker 2: So those are some of the things we're going to hit on tomorrow. I'm excited to be back.
Speaker 3: But now, in just a minute, we're going to talk with Lacey Williams about gen Z and Lacey's.
Speaker 2: On our team.
Speaker 3: I wanted to give you some stats though right now. Voters aged eighteen to twenty one favor Republicans by twelve points in a Yale poll recently, while twenty two to twenty nine year olds leaned Democrat by six points. So the youngest voters are tilting Republican by twelve points in this Yale poll.
Speaker 2: It's a Yale poll, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: So gen Z was born in the late nineteen nineties to early twenty tens, and so these are young Americans and they did grow up during COVID.
Speaker 2: It was a rough time. They were kept in their houses.
Speaker 3: They didn't get the experience that a lot of teenagers did, and they're probably ticked off about it. They've also they're also living in Colorado with unaffordable housing, a jobs market that's crazy, it's so expensive to live here, and the money song I wanted to start off with this. I got a little distracted, but personal income growth fell in Colorado from third in the country to thirty ninth here between twenty eighteen and twenty four right when you came to Colorado, Ryan, you ruined it for everybody.
Speaker 6: Don't blame me. I brought a red vote here.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 6: Good point.
Speaker 3: And this is despite some of the world's highest minimum wage mandates, because those work so well, don't they. We've learned over and over again that doesn't work. It drives me nuts, and we keep doing it. We just keep doing it and doing it and doing it, and keep thinking it's going to solve the problems, and it makes it worse, especially for US business owners. If you're an entrepreneur, business owner, you want to hire more people, you want to pay your people well, you don't want to keep the money all to yourself. That's such a misnover for entres. None of the entrepreneurs I know are like that. They all want to take great care of their people, and they want.
Speaker 2: To give back.
Speaker 3: They want to build an amazing business that provides a value to society and to whatever market they live in.
Speaker 2: So all right, looks like we've got miss Lacy Williams on the line. Lacy, are you there?
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm hot, Hidy, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm good. It's so great to have you on Lacey.
Speaker 3: I was giving some stats about a recent poll about young Republicans, like aged eighteen to twenty one. They favored Republicans in this Yale poll by twelve points.
Speaker 2: Now, you are on the front lines as.
Speaker 3: One of the leaders of Colorady young Republicans in this state, also writing for us at Rocky Mountain Voice and working on our social media, and also as a previous Turning Point leader for many years.
Speaker 2: So I want to hear your take.
Speaker 3: On this poll and if it's if it's real, are you seeing this on the ground, especially in Colorado totally?
Speaker 9: I mean, honestly, in Colorado, I can see it. I mean, even though we do have.
Speaker 10: I was listening to Jeff Hunt with your daughter actually this morning.
Speaker 9: Over on his station, and he was talking about how all the older people are who is who he was seeing at the Bernie Sanders rally, and I'm like, yeah, it's because we're getting all the young people are there are.
Speaker 2: Is Now that's an absolutely positive thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's definitely a really positive thing. And I actually was, I mean, I'm in and around ten now in the state of Colorado. I'm not sure my sister is right in that age bracket. She just turned twenty one, and especially her guy. They are very They're.
Speaker 10: Getting their news from Joe Rogan and these guys that are doing podcasts, and it's very inspiring to see them kind of break away from the fold and come into their own and.
Speaker 9: Start speaking out about conservative ideas because they don't want to be told that they're toxic with the skilling anymore. They're proud of it. Also saw a full this morning, or maybe it was yesterday morning, The Wire put something out that was talking about how far and more young people are becoming more and more religious, and so I think there's definitely a tie between the two of those things. And in Colorado, I can definitely seep Lacey.
Speaker 3: It's breaking up a little bit, but I think I got the gist of what you were saying. And so I'm going to talk about a couple more polls that we're seeing thirty four percent of Trump voting gen Z is listening to conservative podcasts like Charlie Kirks like you talked about, compared to nine percent of Harris voters. So that's showing the media influence of these podcasters. And then x sentiment posts.
Speaker 2: Claimed that eighty four of eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Major college campuses saw an eleven point right word shift among eighteen to twenty four year olds from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Well, what happened, COVID happened. So what do you think.
Speaker 3: COVID's effect was on shifting these young people to the right.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, I.
Speaker 9: Was working for turning point at this time. And the people that are now seniors at college, they're in.
Speaker 8: The age age range and right when they came into school, not only did they not have a high school graduation, not have a college or not have a high school graduation, but also when they came into college, they were the COVID kids.
Speaker 9: Uh, they didn't say anything normal, they didn't have prom in high school. Then they come into call told they originally were going to have roommates at the Boulder and now they can only have uh, you know, one person across the hall. They were separating people, making everybody test crazy, I know personally, and I witnessed this with some leaders up in Fort Collins at CSU. I thinks SU did way worse.
Speaker 10: They were making kids.
Speaker 9: They're making kids test weekly, and not only that, they were they sent summons to kids that didn't have the COVID vaccine. These kids remember, and now that they are starting to listen to more and more people in popular culture like the Joe Rogans, and they basically had given permission to the younger people, younger men specifically, that have said, you know, it's okay, remember what happened during COVID. We certainly didn't, and you should either. So it's really cool to see.
Speaker 3: One other thing I'm noticing with young people is there like move to traditional values again, Like hey, it's it's cool to get married and have babies young now and to stay home and you know, start a little garden in the backyard.
Speaker 2: And what's going on there, well, I mean your daughter.
Speaker 9: And I actually had a conversation with with another young Republican this morning about this. And there's this trad wife movement.
Speaker 7: That we're now seeing on wife talking trad wife, traditional wife, so biblical sense of what it means to be a wife, so staying home, taking there kids, making food.
Speaker 9: But this doesn't have to be something that's a disservice. It's more a badge of honor because guys have to go work and protecting and the earning and women are now staying home and making sour dough and learning how to cook and taking care of kids because it's part and I think there's a good point of our generation where our parents were always working and didn't give anybody any attention. That's why you're getting some people on the left. But it's just really interesting the young people wanting to get married so much younger. Everybody I know is married now, well, mine is your daughter. But that's happening here, It's happening soon, yes, right, But it's very interesting now to see the whip come to this trad wife now that her trad idea that we've already got the guy since the election go to joke In and THEO Vaughne and more conservative leaning ideas and people to look up to. So women are coming.
Speaker 8: It's just a little flower.
Speaker 9: It's slightly point, I would say, on.
Speaker 8: The female side of the young people.
Speaker 3: Well, Lazie, thanks so much for joining us. I really appreciate you hopping on. We're going to have some more conversation around this with Tori tomorrow. She's going to hop in the studio for a little bit and we're going to talk about her path from Boulder Valley's public school district to University of Oreon to being a very strong conservative. So I know you've had a similar path, and you girls are two of my favorite leaders in the conservative young movement. So keep staying strong and doing the work you're doing. We really appreciate you and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 2: Lazy, thank you.
Speaker 3: Say all right, guys, before we go to break, I'm going to read this last stat before we had off. In the twenty twenty four election, Trump had fifty two point seven percent support among eighteen to twenty nine year olds, especially young men, which was critical and flipping key battlegrounds. So what Lacy said about young men being a little bit ahead of the curve from young women turning conservative, I think was really critical and getting Donald Trump elected. So we'll talk more about this after the break. This is howdi can all filling in for Dan Kaplis hold.
Speaker 6: Tight And now back to the Dan KAPLSS Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hi everyone, it's Heidi Goan all filling in for Dan Kaplis. Excited to be here for this last little bit of segment. Ryan, I wanted to wrap up by following up on Lacey's episode or segment talking about Turning Point and how they're a big part of rebuilding Colorado.
Speaker 2: And I've been involved with the organization for many, many years.
Speaker 3: And of course the liberal media goes crazy on Charlie in the Turning Point movement, but they're doing really good work, and they're giving kids a lot of confidence and the ability or the words on how to speak up for their values and what they believe. And obviously it's countercultural in some places. But we are hosting a zoom tomorrow. I'll actually be on the air, or actually it's right after I'm on the air. I think it's at Actually I think it's at five o'clock tomorrow, five o'clock tomorrow, five o'clock to six o'clock. The Turning Point two of the Turning Point leaders from the organization are going to be hosting a zoom for parents and students who are interested in starting a chapter at their high school. And I can't tell you how important this is, Like this is a way to give our kids confidence and a place to go and a fun way to get engaged in the conservative movement. And they do all the work Turning Point. It's like a chapter in a box. It's super easy, but a lot of times the kids need parents to step in and help too, and board members and teachers.
Speaker 2: So anyone who's interested, if you want.
Speaker 3: To be a part of this, just email info I n FO at Rockymountain Voice dot com and I will make sure that you get the login information for the zoom call tomorrow night at five o'clock about how to start one of these high school chapters.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about this at all? This movement? Have you heard about the Turning Point movement and what's happening in call.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you right now, I don't think I'm outing anything that isn't for public knowledge. But my good friend Christian total hollywind to toota dot com. His sons who are of this generation and younger versions of that generation in high school right now, they're turning to Turning Point for Charlie Kirk. And what they love the most are Charlie's on campus kind of give and takes with the liberal students that try to, you know, catch him off guard.
Speaker 6: And he's got all his facts and all his ducks in a row sets them straight.
Speaker 4: And it's a big influence on these young high school conservatives, especially like Lacey was talking about earlier, young disaffected males who feel that they've been villainized, villified, they haven't done anything wrong. Trevor Kelly's son as well, like why would they vote Democrat for a party that hates them?
Speaker 6: Of course they're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: I that's so true.
Speaker 3: And I've been so impressed with how Turning Point kind of wraps around these kids and helps them and provides it.
Speaker 2: But they don't tell them what to think. That's the whole gig.
Speaker 3: It's like, you can critically think, you know, you can decide you support a candidate or not.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be you know what you're told to do.
Speaker 3: And these are kids who care about the Maha movement, about the environment, who care deeply about what happened in COVID, about getting jobs, about affordable housing. We all have different things they care about and are interested in, and this is just a way to get a different perspective than typically what they're seeing in their schools.
Speaker 5: So fun fact, Trevor actually read pilled Haley, what my daughter really yep?
Speaker 2: Like, tactically, how did that work? Kelly?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: This was the first election she voted in for president, and she literally I could not be any prouder. She called me and said, do I just go all ours.
Speaker 2: After Trumps?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, please, yes, And that's what I said.
Speaker 5: And I said, but you don't have to do that, and she goes, well, I already talked to Trevor and you know, he explained a lot of stuff to me. And she also started working this year and she got her first paychecks.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. It's always was a very big eye opening that Fika that fight a guy that takes all our money.
Speaker 3: You know, I think Brett Cooper and Alex Clark, there's a lot of young gals coming up that are, you know, getting very popular and.
Speaker 2: Very influential in the conservative movement.
Speaker 3: It's not just the guys, and we need more options for our young ladies too, which is why I'm so proud of Lacy at Tory for speaking out and doing more media and really trying to find their voice. And I think that's going to become more and more important. But it's just it's just awesome to see it growing so fast in Colorado. They have over twenty high school chapters in Colorado Turning points as and twenty college chapters.
Speaker 2: I believe too, and we want to we want to grow that, grow that all over this all over the state.
Speaker 3: So if you're listening and you have a child or a grandchild, or a friend or a niece or nephew who's interested in learning more about this, that zoom calls tomorrow night, Thursday night at five o'clock and just email info at Rockymountain Voice dot com and we'll make sure you get that link. But you know, this has been great fun you guys. I was thinking about as we were talking about movies and shows. To wrap up the segment, what's your favorite political series or movie?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, that's a difficult one. I love Primary Colors.
Speaker 2: Primary Colors.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched that, Dave, Dave, okay, go, I haven't watched either of those, you guys.
Speaker 2: I mean I was gonna go with the House of Cards because that's a classic true Kevin Spacey Bye.
Speaker 3: I know he's a little weird, but all right, Well, it's been great joining you guys.
Speaker 2: I'll see you tomorrow. This is Heidig and All filling in for Dan Kaplis.
Speaker 3: I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 6: Go Tigers,