Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: The Kids Bop Kids are back in twenty twenty five with their all new Kids Bop Live Certified Bop Tour, coming to a city near you this summer, sing and dance along to today's biggest bops live on the big stage.
Speaker 3: It is the ultimate pop concert experience for kids and parents.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, the popular Daddy Dance Off is returning as well. Have I got your attention? I hope so, because we're giving away a family four pack to the Bop Tour when it hits Anaheim on September twentieth, joining me to give us a preview. Are Kids Bop members Maddie and Aaliyah. Nice to meet you both. How are you this evening?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look, I've been waiting for this. I love the whole Kids Bop experience. Maddie, let me start with you. You're from New Jersey, so the entertainment business was farther away for you than most.
Speaker 3: What made you want to perform? Sing? Dance? What inspired you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Always when I was younger, I've always been a dancer my whole life. But honestly, like seeing videos of tour and kids Bob has always inspired me, like seeing videos online, and I've always loved performing on stage for dance, so that's always been my thing, so i just love doing it. And now I did my first show on Wembley in London and it was the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 3: So I'm super excited for Tourer.
Speaker 2: Well, I know the Wimbley experience was something special. You if I'm have I had this correctly? You said againness world record for the youngest performers to perform and perform sold out Wibley.
Speaker 3: Is that correct? Yes, yes, that is pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: Leah.
Speaker 2: You're a California kids, so the journey to the entertainment business may not have been as long. But when did you know this was what you wanted to do.
Speaker 4: I knew that this is what I wanted to do when I booked my first job at the age of six and I told my mom I was playing piano and I told my mom I was like, I don't want to do piano anymore. I just want to dance.
Speaker 3: So once I.
Speaker 4: Made that decision, I just kept going with it and now I'm here and I'm just so excited for this new journey.
Speaker 3: Maddie.
Speaker 2: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems kiss Pop is a lot of work, a lot of singing, a lot of dancing, a lot of recording and touring. How do you find time for yourself and when you do, how do you spend it?
Speaker 5: Well, like, we always have some free time, but everything we do is always so much fun, Like all the singing and the dancing. I enjoy it so much. But when I have free time, I tend to I'm a very like outside kid, so I love being outside, you know, playing sports, and I'm always very active.
Speaker 3: But I always put most.
Speaker 5: Of my time into dance and singing because that's just what I love to do.
Speaker 2: Eleah, you said you booked your first gig at six years old.
Speaker 3: That was a humble brag. I heard that. You just said, Yeah, I've been doing this for like ten years. I'm a veteran.
Speaker 2: But even though you might have been in this business for a long time, you're human like the rest of us. Do you find yourself maybe when you're on stage at Wimbley or somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Kind of nervous Sometimes.
Speaker 4: I can be nerves, but having my best friends around me just really like calm me down. And I think just the energy of the fans, just like putting on a show for them, just makes me really happy and the nerves just kind of naturally go away.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Maddie, tell me about this Daddy Dance Off.
Speaker 3: Are you just laughing at the old folks like me? Tell the truth?
Speaker 5: No, I mean the Daddy Dance Off might be my favorite part of the show. It's so cool. We get to bring four dads up on stage and they get to dance and then there's a little battle, so it's so cool and all the fans love it. It always gets the fans up on their feet excited, and they get to vote, so it's really interactive with the crowd and it's so so much fun to see the dads come up on stage and do the move.
Speaker 2: Elia take me into that performance even more so. What should kids and parents like expect to see.
Speaker 4: I think they should expect to see new choreography, new songs. Again. The Daddy Dance Off is, again, I think the best part of the show. Yeah, singing and dancing, and I think they should just expect to have the best night of their lives.
Speaker 2: Maddie Alia talked about choreography, new choreography. There are a lot of songs, there's a lot of choreography that you have to learn and to perfect.
Speaker 3: Tell me about that process.
Speaker 2: How do you go about practicing individually as a group, how does it all come together?
Speaker 5: Well, we actually have two months before we go on tour in La where we're all there as a group and we practice and we learned choreo and as a group, we all love it. It's so much fun for all of us to be there and train and learn all the choreography and sing too.
Speaker 3: So it's just.
Speaker 5: An amazing experience and it's really nice to just all be together and go through this whole process together.
Speaker 2: Alia is something that I've noticed in something that you commented on. It's like being on stage with your best friends. In that type of camaraderie, that type of energy is not easy to come by. You're not necessarily going to like all the people that you work with, going to be working with them for months on hand. Why is it you think that you guys and gals get along so well?
Speaker 4: When I met all of them, we just clicked and I think our four different personalities just really mend well together and our love and passion for what we do all a line, and I think we just want to have a great time, and I just love even the people behind Kids Bop are just great people, such a great company, and I'm just so grateful that these people are the people I'm working on.
Speaker 2: All right, This next question is for both of you because the question may be answered differently. You're getting ready to kick off the North American portion of the tour for the summer and you'll be performing just about every day. Are there any places or any specific cities that you're looking forward to visiting?
Speaker 5: Well, for me, it's definitely New Jersey because the shows we're doing in New Jersey, all my family, all my friends, and I come be so excited, like looking into the crowd and seeing all my family, and but I'm excited for every city just to be able to perform and meet all the new Kids Bob fans and make everyone happy.
Speaker 4: Leah, I excited for Anaheim, Us. It's the Hawndness Center. I am super super deper excited. All my friends and family will be there, and yeah, it's my hometown, so we're gonna bring it like we always do.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's that like then? Leah, let me stay right there. You're in front of your friends and family. Does that make it a little more difficult because you have people who are coming there.
Speaker 3: Just to see you. It would seem to me that it might be a little more pressure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if it's like more pressure, it can be more nerve wracking. But their support for me is just out of this world and it just makes me happy that they're there supporting me because they could just stay at home, but they decided to come and see me, and it just makes me even more excited and happy to perform.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the best part.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad that you mentioned, Leah that you're from Anaheim and we're going to be giving away a family for Pa to someone to be able to come see both of you and the rest of the Kids Bop members in Anaheim on September twentieth. This is what I need from you to help close out this conversation. I need you to to agree upon a number between one and ten.
Speaker 4: What do you think, kid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten ten, caller number ten.
Speaker 2: Give us a call it eight hundred five to zero one KFI eight hundred five two zero one five three four.
Speaker 3: If you're caller number ten.
Speaker 2: You and three of your friends or family members will be going to see Kids Bop Live at the Honda Center in Anaheim. Eight hundred five two zero one KFI eight hundred five two zero one five three four caller number ten, and I would like to thank my guests Maddie and Aaliyah. The Kids Bop Kids are back in twenty twenty five with their all new Kids Bop Live Certified Bob Tour, coming to Anaheim on September twentieth and touring all of North America throughout the summer. Maddie and Leah, thank you for coming on this evening. Thank you for a wonderful conversation. I wish you a great tour and make.
Speaker 4: Sure to get your tickets at Kidsbob dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: What a consummate proe. Nice for you to throw that in there.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty