Speaker 1: This is Jaydiyer from Jay's Analysis dot com. Listen.
Speaker 2: I want you to check out my new book Esselty Hollywood, Sects, Cults and Symbols and Film, which you can order from trin Day Publishers at trinday dot com or at Amazon dot com. And I think you'll enjoy if you like this analysis that I do of Twin Peaks. It's based on the essay that I wrote that is in the book. It's one of the chapters, and it's selling like a hot cake, like one single hotcake that has been broken into miraculous loaves to give everyone hotcakes, miraculous hotcake loaves. And again you're gonna like this. I'm re uploading this analysis because YouTube kept slapping it with copyright infringement, so I had to change some of the images and pictures. And enjoy the Twin Peaks analysis. And if you would get my book Esselty Hollywood, and I think I know you're gonna like it.
Speaker 1: If you like movies. It's it's not just film analysis. It's like Roger Ebert on Acid. You my guardian angel, take my song.
Speaker 2: And you're listening to Esoteric Hollywood. I'm your host, Jay Dyer Esoteric Hollywood is where I deconstruct the deeper messages, symbols, and predictive programming subtexts that underlie modern film. In this show, we will be interviewing artists, experts, and numerous people in media fields, and this will all be based on my years of research and compared to religion, propaganda, psychological warfare, secret societies and espionage.
Speaker 1: Esoteric Hollywood decodes the biggest movies.
Speaker 2: In an unparalleled way, from the classics of the silver screen to today's blockbusters. Learn to watch film with completely new eyes as we enter Esoteric Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Esoteric Hollywood. This is David Lynch. I want to recommend the analysis of Jay Dyer, the only Twin Peaks analysis that I can give the David Lynch Seal of approval to.
Speaker 2: Way to go, Jay, Welcome, Welcome. You're listening to Esoteric Hollywood tonight. The owls are not what they seem. And as you heard in that introduction, David Lynch himself has given Jay's analysis the official seal of approval for correctly decoding the mysterious nineteen ninety ninety one drama Twin Peaks. Twin Peaks soon to be rebooted in a perfect topic for esoteric Hollywood serial drama, crime drama, mystery, psychological thriller, supernatural, horror, satire, soap opera, spoof.
Speaker 1: Nothing like it if you don't know. Twin Peaks follows the investigation headed by.
Speaker 2: FBI special agent Dale Cooper played by cal McLaughlin, looking into the murder of Homecoming Queen Laura Palmer played.
Speaker 1: By Cheryl Lee.
Speaker 2: Pilot episode first broadcast April eighth, nineteen ninety on ABC. Several more episodes were produced, and the series was renewed for a second season that aired until nineteen ninety one. The show's title comes from a small fictional Washington town named twin Peaks. A TV Guide in nineteen ninety seven ranked twin Peaks number twenty five on the twenty five Greatest show excuse me, forty five on the Greatest Shows.
Speaker 1: Of all times.
Speaker 2: So quite a bit of a philosophical depth at work in twin Peaks.
Speaker 1: So we are going to decode this in hardcore.
Speaker 2: I don't know how else to say it. You're not going to get this kind of analysis anywhere else. I found one other guy who did a pretty decent work decoding a couple things that I missed when I went through the series for I think the third time recently. This time around, though this a few months ago. I really think I got the big picture. I think of pretty much nailed it. But I want you to give me some feedback. If you think I'm wrong, if I guess, if I miss something, if I got something wrong, please do correct me. This is not a cult yet. I will be opening my specialty cult in La only for supermodels, a self help massage spa parlor with me as the head hierarch of this cult. But it's females only, and prefer preferences are given to supermodels. You're the only ones that are gonna be saved. We're gonna call it dire netics, and I'll be the head of the cult.
Speaker 1: Like l A. Round Hubbard, I learned just beneath the surface. Actually I should do this in the David Lynch Boy so it would make a lot more sense.
Speaker 3: I learned that just beneath the surface, there's another world, and still different worlds as you dig deeper.
Speaker 1: That's a quote from an interview with David Lynch.
Speaker 2: Now, if you ever since the flimsy thin Veneer of what parades itself as the good old us of A and you felt a bit like you've been sold to fake. Then David Lynch's Twin Peaks is a series.
Speaker 1: That you would love.
Speaker 2: More like an initiatory experience than a mirror television series. I would argue that Twin Peaks kind of functions as a hilariously terrifying vision of the real America, right that lurks beneath the CD underworld of the facade of white picket fences in a kind of surrealist nightmare fashion. If you've ever seen Lynch's Blue Velvet, now, much like the picturesque severed ear on the Beautiful Lawn in the nineteen eighty six comedic horror Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks might even prop be titled an esoteric, dark satirical soap opera. As I said, so perfect for Jay's analysis.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: There are countless reviews, essays, and analyzes of Lynch and Twin Peaks, but almost all of them, in my view, miss the complex system of symbology and hidden meanings that relate directly to what I would say is pretty high level occultism, synchronicity, surrealist philosophy, and especially with Lynch sort of far eastern Zen notions. Now, before we go there, I think we should discuss the setting. The set and setting Twin Peaks is aptly described.
Speaker 1: As quintessential Lynch. Fans will often.
Speaker 2: Speak of scenes, even in movies outside of the Lynch corpus, as being Lynchian. So David Lynch has actually been able to kind of create his own dreamscape atmosphere, right that you just recognize if you've watched a lot of David Lynch and you see it elsewhere. I think of recent films that I saw, like Nicholas Reffins, Oh what was that God No Forgiveness or whatever? The one with Ryan Casling or something or that. I didn't really enjoy that film that much.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: It had quite a few David Lynchian scenes, for sure. So No, what is the name of that moved God? Only forget? Only God forgive?
Speaker 1: Something like that. Some bizarre or strange ideas. But and and some good cinematography, but kind of lost in the meaning of all that.
Speaker 2: But and I consider myself somewhat proficient at decoding films. Now, nothing stands out with that epithet of being Lynchian than this surrealist neo Noah melodrama that magically captures the spirit of America itself. As I argue, and this differs from later Lynch that's focused I think on Hollywood, or what I call the Hollywood Trilogy, being Lost Highway, Maholland Drive In inlann Empire Twin Peaks is more akin to his nineteen ninety film based on the novel Wild at Heart.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Nicholas Cage, Right, Nicholas Cage and Laura du Laura was great to work with, right, because I've worked with every actor in the world. Because I'm Nicholas Cage and I've been in every film in the world, I can't can't resist to do a Nicholas Cage impersonation.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but if you've ever if you haven't seen Wilded Heart, it's probably Lynch's funniest movie, hands down.
Speaker 1: It gets funnier with more viewings. In fact, there's a sections jacket. It's a representation of my freedom and individuality. Where Nick Cage does his Elvis impersonation. Well, this is a snake's good jacket.
Speaker 2: In its presentation of America and miniature, Wild at Heart is a satirical picture of Well, it's satirical picture of America and the American dream. And you're gonna see a similar idea here with Twin Peaks. Now, Twin Peaks does, like later Lynch films, share deeper occult symbology, as I mentioned Lost Highway, mahulland Drive and Inland Empire, And we might touch on a little bit of those because they will, they will relate depending on how time goes in this episode of esoteric Hollywood. In this analysis, we will delve deeper into a unique place though, which I think is the subconscious dreamscape of Lynch, and there will decode the scenes and images that may still mystify many twenty five years later. Now worth mentioning before delving into the narrative is also Lynch's preferred style. Part horror, part in neo noir, part comedy, part melodrama, part soap opera. The Lynch Frost collaboration collates a vast array of Hollywood classics, from the Hitchcock Method of Doubling to Otto Preminger's nineteen forty four noa classic Laura, the parallels between the Minor Bird from Hitchcock's The Birds, the hard Hearted Detective, Grizzled loner who finds himself taken with an apparently murdered Laura. Right, this trope abounds in noa. Now, Lynch intentionally includes countless parallels to sprinkle his work, deriving from the golden age of cinema. Think of Sunset Boulevard, which I think pretty sure I've read that Lynch sites in interviews as being heavily influential on his style.
Speaker 1: Now, as we enter the world of Twin Peaks.
Speaker 2: It's protagonist, Agent Dale Cooper played by cal McLaughlin, who arrives to investigate these in an enigmatic murder, and later we find multiple murders of popular high school blonde babe Laura Palmer.
Speaker 1: Now, Laura Palmer is intended.
Speaker 2: To sort of be the high school perfect girl, and you know, sort of the good girl that everyone thinks is a good girl. And this is in fact based on an unsolved murder from Now, this is in fact based on an unsolved murder from Mark Frost, one of the co creators and co directors with Lynch, mark Frost's hometown. So Laura will function as the focal point of the show's entire arc. Now, however, it's Agent Dale Cooper who unravels the actual story of Laura's demise. The truth involves a much wider conspiracy than is originally conceived. With his unorthodox divination methods of solving crime, Cooper astounds local law enforcement with the concept of utilizing synchronicity to associate similar themes with inanimate objects in a game of rock toss. This odd practice will configure Cooper as both a classic pulp detective.
Speaker 1: I think we could say.
Speaker 2: Kind of Bogie Casablanca Multie Falcon, and I think also we could.
Speaker 1: Look at other other influence, Sam Spade.
Speaker 2: I guess we could say, right, Sam Spade, but also we could grant him a kind of mystical side from which you will draw from in order to peer into the psychosphere.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Esoteric Hollywood. I'm your host Jay Dyer of Jay's Analysis, and you're listening on talknetwork dot com, the best place for independent talk radio. I want to remind you to get your organic supplements as we get close to the holiday season, as well as all kinds of survival gear at j dot Talk network dot com. That's the best place to go for preparing for anything that could come right. It's not just about collapses or government false flags or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's also about standing up to the elements.
Speaker 2: Most disasters that humans will encounter in their life are actually the natural phenomena of the changes of the seasons, weather patterns. Right, that's the majority of what you're going to face. Power outages, ice storms, we have those quite frequently where I live, as well as tornadoes. So go to j dot talknetwork dot com. You'll see it's not just supplements, it's also survival gear.
Speaker 1: Now we're talking about twin peaks.
Speaker 2: And as I commented before we were looking at the Shamanic journey, I quoted Markia Eliade and Yowan Kolanu now in previous analyzes. At Jay's analysis, I talked about Lynch through Cooper drawing on a highly complex and deeply rooted Eastern notion of formal and essentialist associations that extend beyond the immediate space and time of objects. Now what do I mean by that, Well, what I mean is that the objects as we tend to think of them in the world. We think of them as discreete right, independent objects that have no relation or connection to some other object. So if there's a chair in one room, then there's a chair in another room. We just think of them as separate chairs. We don't think of them as sharing any sort of essential chairness.
Speaker 1: Or quality or special quality.
Speaker 2: That's metaphysically out there in the world that makes them chairs.
Speaker 1: But as we moved eastern and back.
Speaker 2: Into medieval and ancient thought, it's still and was the norm to think of these things as having an essentialist connection. This is what Plato would call the realm of the forms, and that essence that all of these objects might share. Right, You and I would share these as humanity. We share human nature, and this essence or special property that makes that thing that thing and no other thing is something that extends beyond the immediate phenomena of spatial and temporal relations.
Speaker 1: So cherness is shared. Right, even if.
Speaker 2: We move those two chairs one thousand miles apart, they're still sharing the property of cherness. And even if we say burn one of those chairs and destroy it, well, it's still the case that at one time they both shared the property of cheerness.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And now this is important because this is kind of I believe the basis for how there could be something like synchronicity and synchronicity is what's going to be the means by which Cooper will actually do a kind of divination throughout the series in order to try to solve these heinous, mysterious crimes that we will learn actually tend to line up with ritual murder, and in fact that will be the case. So it's not just the murder of girls or human trafficking. Much more is going on here, and this sets the stage for Cooper to be much more than merely a clever detective, but rather we see the emergence of his role as another world traveling shaman.
Speaker 1: Right, He's able to go beyond. He goes into the ether, the astral.
Speaker 2: Realm, the realm of the spirits, the other side, the very thing.
Speaker 1: That David Lynch talked about in the quote.
Speaker 2: At the beginning, and later in the series, it's Cooper's spiritual gifts that are noted by Native American Deputy Hawk as well as by General Briggs, where Cooper is eventually revealed to be the one who can travel too and call between the worlds.
Speaker 1: Right, this fulfills the.
Speaker 2: Role of the magician or the shaman from the series is famous tagline which reads fire walk with me.
Speaker 1: Now, this is the soul. This is the role of the shaman I described in my thesis on Lost Highway. I have an extensive analysis of the out there bizarre psychical film that has mystified many out there known as Lost Highway, the other David Lynch film that I believe kind of.
Speaker 2: Is kind of a part one in his loosely titled Hollywood Trilogy.
Speaker 1: Citing author Peter Lavenda, I noted in Twin Peaks, it is the light of the morgue over the place where the body of Laura Palmer has been kept in which then visited by Mike, the one armed man who recites the famous poem through the darkness of futures pass, the magician longs to see.
Speaker 2: One chance out between two worlds. Fire walk with me. They're in a little strange little verse. Levinda writes. We have the key to unlocking the mystery not only of Twin Peaks, but virtually all of Lynch's films. The suspension of normal laws of time, futures past, and the idea that the magician lives between two worlds, the suspension of normal linear narrative event in the favor of, in fact, a dream like hallucinatory set of images that are taking place all over the fourth dimension. This is part of Lynch's appeal as a director and part of what makes his film so frustrating to the average filmgoer. His realization is that there are two worlds and a place to stand between them, and this is what contributes to his aura as a modern twenty first century initiate.
Speaker 1: Of the mysteries.
Speaker 2: That's what a mystery film is, right. It elucidates the core mystery behind reality itself, and this forms the solution to Lost Highway as well. The shamanic and magical elements are here in full force, as Fred as a character trapped in a different psychical world that seems to unfold and invelop other psyches as well. Now, when we interpret Twin Peaks, I think accuracy involves understanding the notion of twilight language or sanda bayasa, which I've mentioned many times in talks, and it's my contention that Twin Peaks should be read in this way if the series itself were perhaps a kind of yogic text. Sanda bayasa is the notion of synchronicity or events being written like a text, like a story, but in a higher way, and this is natural I think, given Lynch and agent Cooper in the stories preference for Eastern Meditation. I'll quote Indian scholar vij Mishra who comments on the ambiguous semiotic discourse involved in Twilight. As follows, Tantric texts are often composed of an intentional language. Sandabayasa a dark, secret, ambiguous language in which a state of consciousness is expressed by an erotic term and the vocabulary of mythology or cosmology is then charged with a hatha, yogic or sexual meaning. According to Iliada, it is translated enigmatic language. Max Muller called it a hidden language. All the works of Sahayanya and Sandabayasa are written in light and darkness, partly light and partly dark. Some parts can be understood while other parts cannot, and this is from the book Oceanal Poetics and the Indian Sublime. Now, Cooper's methodology is really about reading omens, dreams, visions, and divination, and this gives us an insight into the metaphysics of Twin Peaks, which are very much in line with the presentation here at Jay's analysis. If you go read my site, you'll find many, many pieces there that line up with how that kind of a worldview is possible from the film twin Peaks, the film version fire Walk.
Speaker 1: With Me, which is the name of the movie that came out after season one.
Speaker 2: We're giving the impression here that Laura's spirit has actually summoned Cooper from the FBI to come and investigate from the spirit world. So it's actually Laura who's brought Cooper there, not Cooper who has chosen to come there. Consistently through the series, Cooper receives messages and clues from this spirit realm or what might accurately accurately be called, as I said, the eighth or astral realm, the psychosphere. Now, as he sleeps, it's Cooper's higher self that enters into this realm and communicates with this assorted cast of Mottley characters and shades, arranging from Laura Palmer to a young version of what looks like David Lynch himself, to a midget known as the Man from Another Place and it played by Michael J. Anderson, and then a giant. So here we have the Ananaki, the notion of the nephelem, even coming into the mythology of Lynch's Twin Peaks channeling these entities. Then Cooper gradually sort of unravels the Twilight Language script and he decodes it right behind this wooded Washington City, and we the viewers, embark on the same initiatic journey of decoding the script with Cooper. So thus from reading the simulacra, within the simulacra, it's Cooper who begins to discover the secret of Twin Peaks involving the black market, not just one black market, all of them. And this is where town tycoon Ben Horn organizes and controls local prostitution, local gambling, drug running, and much more through his private club One Eyed Jacks.
Speaker 1: We're talking One Eyed Jacks in reference to Twin Peaks.
Speaker 2: You're listening to esotery, Hollywood. I'm your host, Jay Dyer of Jayson Elses dot com.
Speaker 1: And One Eyed Jack's is the back door secret prostitution lodge that's across some sort of lake that you have to get to at night. It's kind of unclear, but it's a private club.
Speaker 2: And what's interesting is that when we hear we see this one eye imagery in this case, it's relevant. It's useful to point out because one eye will come up more than once. The town oddball character Nadine has only one functioning eye, and she later dissociates to a younger version of herself. Curiously, so what she abused is she just insane? We don't really know. Was she part of this network at one point? And she possesses apparently excessive strength, she has some sort of demonic connection apparently right so, but it just in the narrative though. Nadine functions as the comic foil to the more dramatic situation with Laura. But her initial psychosis and association to a different persona is the key to Laura Palmer as well as we will see.
Speaker 1: And One Eyed.
Speaker 2: Jacks is the locale of where Ben Horn controls vice because he has connections, as we see, to larger criminal networks and mafia organizations that are personified in the characters of the Renault brothers. Horn's network includes legitimate face and shell companies that are several businesses throughout the town, from the Great Northern Hotel to Horn's department store, and there's secretly nearby casino and then the Cat House.
Speaker 1: Now, while not.
Speaker 2: Directly involved in the occult, it's Ben Horne, who is the sort of archetypal eighties yuppie businessman who has no direct involvement we discover eventually in the murder of Laura.
Speaker 1: Though he's an initial suspect.
Speaker 2: While briefly accused, the reality surrounding Laura and Ben Horn is actually far deeper. Now Cooper discovers through the eventual disclosure of Laura's secret diary that she had been raped since she was twelve by her father Leland, played by Ray Wise, and a spirit who possesses Leland named Bob. Bob we learned as a former killer who has become a demon in the afterlife, and he possesses individuals such as Leland and then later Wyndham Earl to commit crimes such as pedophilia and sacrificial murder. Now, I've detailed the reality of this frightening process in a piece that I called the Fractured Psyche in the Noose, and you can find that at jays Analysis as well, And there's a comprehensive treatment of understanding what has happened to Laura and.
Speaker 1: In that essay.
Speaker 2: But I think that that I essay is not just applicable to the fictional case of Laura and Leland, but applies to the real world. This is, I think what we really see with people now concerning alters in the split psyche. In that piece I wrote, when we consider specifically the fragmentation of the psyche, the extreme versions appear in the diagnoses of cases of MPD or DID disassociative identity disorder, schizophrenia, and then the unifying factor between these being severe trauma.
Speaker 1: Often in childhood.
Speaker 2: Actually now the trauma in later life appears in what's often called post traumatic stress disorder, with the same patterns of dissociation, fragmentation, and psychosis appearing frequently.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: What is most never discussed, though though it's evidence of this surface is daily in particular to former military or pop star circles, is the reality of ritual abuse.
Speaker 1: And having read several works on.
Speaker 2: That topic, you a ritual abuse appears frequently in relationship to these kinds of circles, but it goes unmentioned often in the mainstream until we get to things like.
Speaker 1: The Sable case. Right Jimmy Savile in the UK.
Speaker 2: This tide appears to be turning with Sable, but you know, even the mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Is still forced to report.
Speaker 2: On this avalanche of officials involved in these kinds of occulting and ritual abuse scenarios. You know, the subject of fragmentation of the psyche, right, It's a topic that I said, is it's very profuse in alternative media, and I don't think that a lot of people know exactly what they're talking about. But the general idea is kind of out there and somewhat I think accurate, and the cases in nature and extent of it are still somewhat shrouded in mystery, though modern medicine and psychology have quite a bit actually to say about the matter. One of the reasons that this disorder is controversial is that it doesn't fit very well with the dominant materialist biological reductionism upon which most science in mass science is built. Mass science modern science scientism is more so a slave to the corporate state as an ideology and as a propaganda platform, with people like Bill Nye, Daniel Dennett, Hitchens, Dawkins, Neil de Grassey Tyson Right. And given the presupposition of modern science that the psyche is entirely equated with the brain matter itself, the assumptions are thus that any possible solution to a mental problem should and could only be remedied through the suppression of and rearrangement of various molecular compounds aka drugs, big pharma. That's why big pharma is the solution to everything, at least ideologically, is because of the subposition of Darwinism. And this is why pharmaceuticals are recommended for any kind of problem across the board. And it may provide some temporary relief for the subduing of certain manic tendencies or something like this, but it fails to address the spiritual dimension of man. And this excludes from the outset that the psyche might be more than just a series of firing neurons. But the monetary and propagandist power of these corporations, you know, combined with the power to dictate results through funding of so called objective studies that vindicate the latest happy pill, it disavows from the outset any other approach and any other models, any other therapeutic applications are just dismissed out out of hand.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Despite the deep interconnectedness of the pharmaceutical industry with the intelligence agencies in the psychological and biological warfare industries, few and far between are those who are really willing to question this approach as a whole. And I think this is due again to the almost universal indoctrination of this reductionistic, neo Darwinian materialistic perspective. In this preconditions, then all approaches to therapeutic psychology, biology, medicine, et cetera, et cetera. Now, one example of the dilemma of a proponent of the modern approach that has to be graffled with is what I've hided highlighted before that even the DSMV Diagnostics and Statistics Manual Version five that the psych industry utilizes for its so called diagnoses, it still references articles about mind controlled alters. So you know, if my controlled alters don't exist, it's and if it's the raving fix of conspiracy lunatics. And I apologize that my allergies are going crazy. I can't help it for all the sniffing and so forth tonight.
Speaker 1: But you know then it.
Speaker 2: Needs to be revised, right, I mean, all this needs to be thrown out now if if you even give this book that much credence anyway, you know, most of these disorders so called are just made up. They're just titled these disorders, and it's subject to change quite frequently. Transgenderism was a mental disorder back in the seventies and eighties, and.
Speaker 1: Now it's not. So you know, it's just make it up as you go. I guess.
Speaker 2: The circular nature, right of this existing psychological establishment vindicates ultimately the pharmaceutical establishment. That's why it works the way it does. That's why it continues to operate unchallenged and just pumping out pills to put us in this brave new world situation. And this in turn provides funding to vindicate the psychological establishment. So the circular establishment then becomes the de facto final court of appeal. So even as its theories and revisions are constantly overturning with each decade, it just the cycle itself continues. Now this is important because this relates to everything that we're looking at in terms of Twin Peaks, Because the central characters in Twin Peaks have this problem of dissociating spiritual possession and so forth, and they don't know what to do and they've been traumatized. Right, their psyche is split, and it's not just a psyche but also an invading.
Speaker 1: Spirit is involved in the case of both.
Speaker 2: Laura and Leland. In Laura's case, there's good Laura and Bad Laura. There's Laura who's sort of gives it to her dark side and becomes this evil Laura, which is in a way kind of making fun of soap operas in the eighties and nineties. And then there's good Laura, who's the front face right of this persona of the good girl homecoming queen. Now it's important too that it's not just the black market of prostitution and drugs. It's actually the alluring of young girls into porn. And there's a cult that exists amongst the Twin Peaks elite that formerly met in secret.
Speaker 1: We discover for ritual magic ceremonies.
Speaker 2: As a thread unravels, it's the spirit of Bob that serves as the foot soldier for this mysterious midget character called the Man from Another Place. The Man from Another Place organizes the occult marriage ceremony for the girls who were offered to Leland and other cult participants. So it starts with drugs and porn, and then the girls are allured into prostitution, and then we even get hints of snuff films that are that involve this ritual magic cult. And it's not always explicit, but this is my interpretation of what's going on with the those involving the wearing the ring that they're part of this cult. You're listening to Esoltary Hollywood and we're breaking down Twin Peaks, and when we come back, we're going to talk more about this cult network that appears to be in the background, behind the front of Ben Horn. Ben Horn's not actually in the cult. He's just a self involved, hedonistic, pragmatic businessman. You're listening to Esotericcollywood on talknetwork dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. You're listening to Esoteric Hollywood. We're talking about Twin.
Speaker 2: Peaks, and we've gotten to the point where there's a lot more going on under the surface of this idyllic yet bizarre small town of Twin Peaks population fifty five thousand and something or other. Not only is there a black market, not as prostitution and drugs gambling, it's actually the luring of young girls into porn and prostitution, high school girls. And then beyond that there's a layer of dark, dark darkness, and that is a cult that seems to be centered around a group of strange spirits headed up by the man from another place, some sort of interdimensional ALIENI ish midget demon.
Speaker 1: And I want my garmin Bosia. Now what's the garment Bosia?
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna find out if you remember that bizarre scene. Now as the thread unravels, right, it's the spirit of Bob that serves as the foot soldier or the man from another place who organizes the occult marriages, as we said.
Speaker 1: And so it starts with.
Speaker 2: Drugs and porn, leads into prostitution and human sacrifice. So behind the real dark power in Twin Peaks is this black Lodge. And it's curious that it's called the black Lodge in between worlds. A black lodge bears a striking resemblance to what some call irregular forms of Masonry, secret societies and cults say Tanant cults right known as black lodges where dark arts are performed. Black Lodge is also mentioned in Crowley's novel Moonchild and the Reports of Lynch. Actually, there are reports of Lynch rumors. I don't know if that's true, but rumors at least of Lynch asking his actors and crew to speak and walk in reverse for the filming of the astral scenes in the lodge, and this may have a Crowleian sort of undertone. I don't know if it's true, but that's at least what some have said. Now, all of this is told in striking detail in twin Peaks, as Cooper's visions demonstrate this human sacrifice component. In other words, Bob is a demonic force that's subservient to the man from another place who's lust for fun seems to involve rape, pedophilia, and murder. And it's a consistent narrative where these old men have their way with young girls. And then that's what kind of hearkens to, this pedophilia. And then we think of the one armed man Garrard slash Mike, who displays the magical ring that sort of identifies him as a part of this cult now in possessing individuals for the purpose of carrying out these acts. It's Bob that captures the pain and misery stored in the blood of his victims, and he pours him out as a sacrificial offering to this man from another place. That's the garment Bosia. If you think of the as I said, that bizarre scene in the meals for wheels old woman's house right where Bob says, I want my garment bosia, or excuse me, the man for another place says, I want my garment bosia his cream corn and what he means is his food. And his food is signified as the pain and misery of the energy, the blood of the sacrificial victim. It's contained now in almost perennial demonology. This concept has many precedents that moleficent spirits actually feed on the pain and misery of victims in this parasitic fashion. Now, I did come across a good analysis at a sound in site magazine that it's now become pop optic, and I contributed a piece or two for them some months ago.
Speaker 1: And there was another girl who wrote for them. Her name is Justine Smith, and.
Speaker 2: She wrote quote, then of course we have Bob. For those unaware of the town of Twin Peaks is similarly populated by a spiritual lodge that travels or is somehow engaged by electricity. And this is important when you watch the movie. One of its members, perhaps its leader, is Bob, who menaces Laura throughout her life. She claims to have been raped since she was twelve and is similarly islan. In this scene, he is not only in stark contrast to the pink, childlike bedroom. That is, when Bob shows up raping Laura, he is in search for her hidden diary. The fact that he mirrors her reactions is another mode of doubling commonly found in surrealist work as well as Hitchcock, as I mentioned, and it suggests a deep connection between them, however, unwilling. Finally we have the end of the scene where Laura's father exits the house, and having already entered the space, we are fairly certain that he wasn't there before. So Laura and Bob are one and the same. Excuse me, Laura's father, Leland and Bob. This girl asked this question, and it's obvious, Yes, they're the same. They're the same because Bob's possessing Leland now the garment Bosia cream corn. All right, And if you go to Jay's analysis, you'll see my more in depth analysis of twin Peaks, and you'll see the imagery that I include in my article where I show you the scene where he's talking about this and the man from another place, the little midget demon identifies the garment Bosia. There as the pain and the sorrow, the pain and misery of the ritual sacrifice becomes the food of the demon. So the answer to Justine Smith's question is yes. Specifically, in the case of Laura, we find her youthful trauma from Bob Leland to have caused her psyche to split into altars, and this is revealed in the show explicitly and more clearly in the film where Laura demonstrates a duplicity of good girl bad girl, detailing in her diary the trauma she was unable to cope with from her father's own personality split. So Leland himself right had these same issues. Leland, just like Laura, was subject to a dual personality, and eventually Leland giving into his dark side led.
Speaker 1: To this possession by Bob. Now.
Speaker 2: This is also strikingly revealed in the driving scene in the feature film Twin Peaks fire Walk with Me, where Leland encounters Girard slash Mike, because Gerrard has a spirit that possesses him as well, where he wears the cult ring, and the ring functions as a trigger for Laura and Leland to dissociate. So not only was Laura allured into the exploitative field of prostitution. She had been subject to ritual abuse, and in this regard, the symbology of the rings suggests both the goat and the demonic. If you look at the shape of the ring, and it's not just that, it's also two mountains and a portal between two mountains, as we'll see it here in a bit. Now, the ring suggests the goat and the inverted horns. In another sense, it's a group or a cabal, a ring, right, a ring of people. It also displays different planes of existence, as I said, and the portal between the two worlds. The two peaks, the twin peaks signify the two worlds and in a three tiered sense, the white Lodge Earth and the Black Lodge. Now you have to see my analysis, said Jay's analysis, because it's difficult to give an imagery of this over audio. But if you look, you'll see I point out in the scenes, there's actually included in the background real ritual magic sigils.
Speaker 1: So if you know the sigil next to.
Speaker 2: Cooper hanging on the chalkboard in my analysis, you'll see what I'm talking about and what almost all researchers have missed who try to deal with Lynch, and this film is the crucial imagery that we see at the police station. We're in the background, Cooper and Sheriff Harry Truman have pieced together these ritual magic sigils, but they're not explicitly referred to in the screenplay. It's only in the background that we see this now presumably connected to the crime scenes in the former FBI agent turned psychopath Wyndham Earl, it's the ritual magic sigils that are explained in a video of Earl right where Earl Wyndham Earl, who's a former FBI guy turned evil turned psychopath, he describes tapping into the left hand power of the dark Side through the Black Lodge. And so the sigils in Twin Peaks are in fact sigils from the Goetia or the Lesser Key of Solomon, which specifically relate to the invocation of demons. Another weird feature that comes up in Twin Peaks that's worth mentioning is the scorched engine oil throughout the series, and now this is a reference to the oil sludge that is found in the woods at what they call Glastonbury Grove the site of the forest Portal, which inclcludes a reference to Arturian mythology. So out in the woods is where the entrance way, the portal to the Black Lodges that Cooper eventually discovers, and it's the areas the circle of trees that they call Glastonbury Grove.
Speaker 1: Now this makes one immediately think of.
Speaker 2: Ancient British occultism. Again Sable the elites in the UK perhaps Bohemian Grove, and the idea of the grove goes back far beyond the history of England. We read the Old Testament, you can read in books like Kings Chronicles, and there'll be mentions of the high places in the groves, and.
Speaker 1: The anti.
Speaker 2: Monotheistic cults of the surrounding area of Israel would worship their deities on top of these mountains. Right, So when God appears at Mount Sinai in Exodus, conversely, the other gods of the nations would demand that their followers meet them on the high places, the groves at the top of the mountain. And so that's why Glastonbury Grove is significant here in twin Peaks. Now Earl arrives on the scene in season two to capitalize on the dark forces in Twin Peaks, and he's seeking this portal to the Lodge in the woods. Now, hovering over this black viscous.
Speaker 1: Oil is the portal to.
Speaker 2: The portal site, in other words, is actually the site of ancient ritual practice, we learn, and this is where gods and demi gods are invoked. And Lynch seems to be saying here that actually America itself is perhaps a land of primeval fallen forces that rule our present reality from behind the veil. You're listening to Esoteric Hollywood and we're breaking down Twin Peaks with Jadi or your host, and you're listening on talknetwork dot com, the best place for non corporate free talk radio.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. You're listening to Esoteric Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Jadier of Jaysonalysis dot com. We're breaking down twin Peaks and we're talking about Wyndham Earl, the FBI agent turned dark.
Speaker 1: Side turned psychopath.
Speaker 2: And we talked about how Earl arrives in season two to capitalize in the dark Forces in Twin Peaks, seeking the portal to the Lodge in the Woods. And as we said, hovering over this pool of black viscous scorched oil. Is this portal to a site of ancient ritual practice where gods and demi gods are actually invoked, And Lynch seems to be saying, as I said that America is this location Twin Peaks is kind of America in miniature. Now, this is significant in terms of the consistent red veil imagery that we see throughout the series, and this accompanies any entrance into the Black Lodge. You see the big red veil and then the zigzag pattern floor, and the planetary and astrological conjunctions are mentioned right that determine the opening of the portal to the next world. Fear, Cooper says, opens the door to the Black Lodge, and Love opens the doorway to the White Now. Also revealed in this association of dubious characters is the somewhat goofy figure of Major Briggs, the military mystic who believes in the supernatural, and this leads to classified connections to Project Blue Book. He mentions the military's UFO research. Now, in reality, Project blue Book was a cover story for Advanced Technology of Testing Aircraft in my view, but even here it's a curious association right as Major Briggs's classified work in the series, it actually involves a cult research and so what Briggs seems to be is a maybe an approximation of the kind of real programs that John Ronson writes about and his Men Who Stare at Gohos or if you've seen the George Clooney George Clooney film, I think Jeff Bridges in the Two Men Who Star At Goats, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Now. This is based on reality.
Speaker 2: Where there was a high level military Special Forces Soldier Brigade battalion that participated in these kinds of remote viewing, occult activities, sensory extra sensory perception Stanford Research Institute type stuff, and they were called the First Earth Battalion. That's actually a real thing, and you can look this up. I'm not making it up. Yeah again, you know there's a movie.
Speaker 1: And a book on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just looking at the Wikipedia here. It even says according to the book Men Who Sterre At Goats by journalist Sean Ronson, mister Shawnan spent time in the seventies with many of the people in California credited with starting the Human Potential movement and subsequently he wrote an operations manual for the First Earth Battalion. It's one hundred and twenty five age mix of drawings, graphs, maps, political essays, point by point Readi's signs, and he imagined a new battlefield uniform that would include pouches for gensng divination tools.
Speaker 1: So it's like these.
Speaker 2: Magic warriors that they're going to turn the Special Ops guys into.
Speaker 1: And the movie came out in two thousand and nine. Right in the movie, they're called the New Earth Army. Oh, it's all kind of a ridiculous thing, but modeled after this notion of the warrior monk I guess with special powers or something, but a real thing regardless.
Speaker 2: And this is kind of who this character of a major Briggs, you know, this is what he seems to embody is this kind of a character. Now also relevant our recent stories about high level ritual occultism and satanism involving the PRESIDI and US military elite, and with the associations of high level military ceremonial magic ceremonies being conducted on the West Coast and Wooded Grove's Bohemian Grove comes to mind. So as the owls are not what they appear, and Lynch seems to be saying that the real power structure in the soap opera charade that is America is actually subservient to dark forces beyond our plane of existence. Subservient to the demonic is the hypocritical face that the establishment puts forward to cover up the nefarious mirrors that the dual level of reality in the world of Twin Peaks show, right, the spirit world of the Black Lodge and what undergirds it now Wyndham Earl attempts to concoct his own ritual by sacrificing Cooper's later love interest Annie played by Heather Graham. Earl specifies that it must be done in the grove, in the magic circle, and entering the circle leads to the ether where events can transpire through magical intentions in this life, right, this is the whole point of it now, so symbolically, the death of the Queen, we're told, will fulfill Earl's simulacrum pre planning that he's used through playing cards. Earl as a serial killer who's been putting a you know, like a deck of playing cards, joker Ace Queen King at the sight of different murder scenes. Now, the playing cards also harken back though to one Eyed Jacks, where the logo of one Eyed Jacks is the plane card. The Jack and Fortune and Fate are then thus personified in the series as elemental spiritual forces of nature, and I think this focus on the elemental spirits is the reason for log Lady. Now, log Lady is the sort of fool character if we were to think of suck a tarot deck or.
Speaker 1: The fool, and.
Speaker 2: The log Lady plays this sort of sphinx like sage character who if you watch the intros that are on the DVD series to the show, the log Lady intros provide consistent clues to the actual overall narrative of the story, which I think is pretty fascinating.
Speaker 1: A lot of people just skip.
Speaker 2: Over the log Lady, but if you actually watch the log Lady, she tells you pretty much what's going on in the series as a whole. Now, the log Lady plays this minor role, but her comments are actually about synchronicity, They're about symbolism, and they're about clues that point to the forces of nature.
Speaker 5: Right, logs are wood and this is why we have the association with the wood that makes up the hotel in the forest, the wooded area where the portal and Glastonbury Grove are.
Speaker 1: In the background to twin peaks.
Speaker 2: We have a mix then of these elements of the ancient world air, earth, fire, water, and ether.
Speaker 1: Yes, you will see me talk about these.
Speaker 2: Things quite a bit at jays analysis the classical five modes of matter or elements in the ancient world. And this elemental focus I think explains why Josie in that strange scene is trapped inside the wood of the hotel when she dies. A lot of people were sort of mystified at this bizarre scene, but that's why now others meet their demise in direct association, for example, with fire or burning exhaust or oil, Laura's death, etc.
Speaker 1: And in the ancient world, and equally true of the ancient Far East, I think.
Speaker 2: Is the point that nature was not a collection of just random chaotic atoms bouncing around that we think in terms of modern reductionism and scientism. But it was a vivid landscape right populated by countless spirits, angels, demons, and thus all of the folklore that we have passed down. If I think it's that kind of world that Lynch wants to be the real backdrop for Twin Peaks. And if you go to Jason Analysis, you'll see also in my peace on Twin Peaks, you'll see the image of the White Lodge, the Black Lodge, and the two peaks and then the portal between them.
Speaker 1: And it's somebody made this graphic.
Speaker 2: I don't know who, but it's laid out perfectly, and I think you could call this mystical toponomy. If you've read Michael Hoffman's classic books Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare, he'll talk about this notion of mystical toponomy, that the geographic locales of Earth have specific places that will have a deeper significance. So this might tie into synchronicity with the location of bomb testing sites, a Trinity site, New Mexico or something like this, or Devil's Tower in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind, right, so Route sixty six Devil's Highway or something like that, and then it might have a significant There might be a significance in some case too.
Speaker 1: A day, a calendar.
Speaker 2: Day, the Dia de las Sombertos in specter recently, or these could be instances of mystical toponymy to use Hoffmann's term, and I believe this comes ultimately from the books of James Shelby Downard, King Kill thirty three or Carnivals of Life and Death. We'll find references there too, mystical top on Now, I think this is real. I do think there's something too. As they said before, synchronous city, Sundabiyasa, Twilight language, mystical toponomy. I think these are all real, real things, and the mystical toponomy of Twin Peaks is a great insight, a great example of this, because we have all of that laid out in this two series fictional presentation with one movie. Now, the ultimate climax of the show was going.
Speaker 1: To feature a Cooper who has lost his way through fear. Right, It's what Cooper said a minute ago that.
Speaker 2: Fear leads to the Black Lodge, right, and then with the real Cooper trapped in the Black Lodge, it's Bob. We figure out who's going to possess Cooper's body. Now, Cooper's curiosity and desire for the knowledge of the beyond, and in particular he develops the fascination for the dark side. This is what's going to lead to his demise in a way much similar to other Lynch works, as we'll see here in a moment. You're listening to Esoltera Hollywood. I'm your host, Jaydier of Jaysonisios dot com. Remember to get your supplements and survival gear at Talkja dot Talknetwork dot com. We'll be back in just a moment. Welcome back. You're listening to Escolta Hollywood. We're talking about twins. Have been breaking it down and we got to the point where the climax, of course, features Cooper bashing his head against the mirror as he's possessed by the spirit Bob. Now Bob then is directed by the man from another place.
Speaker 1: It seems to.
Speaker 2: Go after Cooper because Cooper's gone down this path of looking too deep into the dark side, and this provides the opening the doorway for Bob to possess Coop. And this desire for knowledge of the beyond in the dark side, I think is a welcomed warning because we see this pattern in other Lynch films like Lost Highway, and in Lost Highway, I described that there's.
Speaker 1: Well, there's this.
Speaker 2: This series began right with the possession of an initially good man and the series ends with Cooper as a vessel of evil. And then what I describe of Fred Madison played by Bill Pullman and Lost Highway is then relevant to Agent Cooper as well.
Speaker 1: Right, So, in Lost.
Speaker 2: Highway there's this nonlinear neon nowa occult psychodrama that looks at the dark side of Hollywood and the underground underworld where the mafia, porn, crime, and the occult coalesce into an interweb and web. A story about one man's psychic journey down a lost highway of his own stream of subconscious, conscious, unconsciousness and thought as the viewer trevails the fields of madness with Fred Madison. Right, the name itself tells you what's going on down his road. We are brought back to the very point where the film Lost Highway began, right where the movie scene opens and ends in the same scene. And this is the cycle that Fred has imprisoned himself in. Right now, Packed with dualism, illusion and mystery, Lost Highway is about life and the dark side of our own emner underworld, the subconscious which Lynch mystically will link.
Speaker 1: To other people's subconscious. No, No, I find this fascinating.
Speaker 2: It's almost like the dream world, the dream state, the subconscious, collective unconscious is kind of connected between everybody. And perhaps that's some insight into what happens in possession. Right, If there's a spirit that possesses someone, this is a spirit in that realm stepping into the doorway of another person's conscious consciousness. To use the Dark Tower analogy of Stephen King.
Speaker 1: Now, if we failed.
Speaker 2: To realize the reality of these evils such as possession and the mysteries of the subconscious, are we liable to be trapped like Fred or agent Cooper in our own imprisoned mental madness? As I said, his name Madison is a clue symbolizing his descent into madness. And Alice, who is Renee's alter in the Lost Highway, will bring to mind Alice in Munderland, And we think of alternate worlds, fictional worlds, mental worlds, and alternate personalities.
Speaker 1: Now, was Alice a victim of my control like Fred in Lost Highway? Or are they both willing accomplices and evil? Perhaps both of those things are true.
Speaker 2: Now, will the obsession with Hollywood and the celluloid videodrome and its cousin the now omnipresence surveillance society. Will it bring us truth or more likely a descent into madness, depersonalization, and dissociation like Fred Given the fact that Lost Highway is about surveillance and the surveillance video society, that's what partly what that film is about, and Hollywood's rolling that now. Either way, I think Lynch is forcing us to examine that at base reality and the psyches are.
Speaker 1: Still mysteries to be decoded. They're not easily solved.
Speaker 2: And in the series the finales strange ending sequence with Cooper being possessed, Cooper discovers in fact that Bob has possessed Earl and Laura's dad, Leland, and that that's who's organized their last round of murders. It's not really Leland, and it's not really Wyndham Earle. It's Bob possessing these people. And that's why the pattern emerges, the synchronicities emerge, because it's a spiritual force behind these people who are possessed. And we think here of books like Maury Terry's book Ultimate Evil, where we see these kinds of patterns possibly popping up in murder crimes that could be coincidences, but they also might go beyond just coincidence and suggest spiritual forces.
Speaker 1: And there's actually quite a few X Files episodes that hint at this as well. And I think it's worth pointing out too that there seems I'm not positive this, This is just a thesis I kind of toyed with.
Speaker 2: And I saw one guy online hint at this too. And you see this with like Disney Pixar movies, right, So some people make these interesting arguments, and I wondered this in the past, but I never really focused on doing a piece on it because it's it's just so speculative. But you know, some people will argue that the Pixar movies are all taking place in the same universe, and so you'll have cross references in those those fictional kids movies right between I don't know, the Incredibles. You know, this is taking place maybe at a different time, but it's the same world of you know, finding Nemo or something. I think that Lynch does this, and there's a few examples of this now. For example, in Wild at Heart, the character Cheryl I always get Cheryl Lee and sheryln Finn. Cheryl Lee is her that actress's character seems to be in Wild at Heart, where Nicholas Cage and Laura Nern's character are Leland and Lula are driving down a highway and it's a kind of lost highway and they bump into a car.
Speaker 1: There there's a car rack out in.
Speaker 2: The middle of the desert at night, and they find a wandering Charylyn Finn type character who's on our way to Hollywood. We get the impression maybe and she's got a severe head wound, she's been killed and she kind of pops into this this this fictional world and then out of that fictional world. Now is Lynch saying that the character that Sheriylyn Finn plays in Sherylyn Flynn plays in Twin Peaks is that the fictional character who ends up in Lost Highway possibly possibly, And my thesis makes sense when you think about Inlinn Empire, because in Inland Empire you have Laura Dern who's also in Lost Highway.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: In The Wilded Heart, it's all about meta, right, So it's like meta meta meta. There's like three levels removed of meta in ill An Empire, and we get possibly the impression that with the rabbits, right, the famous rabbit bunny scene from ill An Empire. That we're talking about entering and walking out of people's psyches, this is what Laura Dern seems to do. She kind of seems to tap into the psyche of different horrors from like, you know, fifty or sixty years prior to her in Poland. So time and space are out of the way, and there's this walking into other people's dreams and mindscapes, dreamscapes and subconscious stepping through the ether down halls and doorways, and we see this. Fred does this and Lost Highway where he seems to step into the psyche of Balthazar Getty's character Pete in the second half of Lost Highway. So cross fictional worlds melding and mixing, right, the same sort of thesis that is Stephen King's notion in the Dark Tower series. Right, So if you know what happens in the Dark Tower series, that Tower is just kind of like in the middle of the alternate worlds, and you walk through different doors in the Tower and you can step into different people's psyche, and not just different people's psyches, but into fictional worlds. And that's why the clown from Stephen King's It will show up in.
Speaker 1: In the Dark.
Speaker 2: Tower series, And I'm just using it as an example of this of the mixing and fictional worlds, and maybe there's a deeper metaphysical possibility. Here is something I've wondered and speculated on just on my own, Like, what if that's actually kind of true?
Speaker 1: What do you mean that's crazy?
Speaker 2: Well, it's true in the sense that if the astral realm is real, if their psychosphere is real, the ether, and if that's where we go like when we sleep and dream, then maybe when we you know, die, you know, who knows where we go, what we step into in terms of, you know, before meeting our final deserts of judgment y or whatever. You know, maybe we spend a period of time in that realm. I don't know, but definitely possible. You know, this is what happens to people in out of body experiences or you know, intense drug hallucinogen trips, and you know, you maybe, you know, maybe it is possible to step into fictional worlds, because what are fictional worlds but simply manifestations of another person's subconscious put into art. Interesting, right, that's my own personal thesis. All right, it can't prove that, but just something I've been speculating on. You're listening to Esoteric Hollywood and I'm your host, Jay Dyer of Jasonelsis dot com. I want to remind you to to check out Michigan Mushrooms dot net where you have the best selection of organic mushrooms picked directly out of the forest, no GMO, no crap from corporations. Michigan Mushrooms dot net. Will they go out and do their own harvesting and then they take shaga mushrooms and send them to you. Welcome back. You're listening to Esoltary Hollywood. I want to remind you that that interest song that you hear for Esoltaire Hollywood is dream Agent and this is by Aerial Electron, Holy Spies and Terry Goatee, and you can find that online if you type in the core A COSMU album k O R E k O U wait k O R E k O S m o U and the song is dream Agent and you can find that to download or to purchase the CD, which I think is really good.
Speaker 1: Ariel's music is.
Speaker 2: Excellent now, so dream Agent is appropriate here because we've been talking about my philosophy of the dream world, the dream realm, the spiritual realm, the ether, and how it relates to these curious surrealist presentations from David Lynch, and I likened it to things like the Dark Tower series with Stephen King, and we've been talking about Bob and the spirit Bob that possesses people to commit murders under the auspices of the higher demon, the man from another place, right, and you know, this astral realm, this realm of the imagine, imagination, the imaginal. This comes up quite a bit in David Lynch's philosophy because David Lynch runs the Transcendental Meditation Foundation, well, he runs the Lynch Foundation, which is tied into Transcendental Meditation, I should say, And if you watch interviews with David Lynch, he talks about this, and he discusses the inner world, of the psyche, of the subconscious and so forth as these this wellspring from which artists can draw creativity. And then you know, you get into the history of TM and this going back to the Beatles, and this going.
Speaker 1: Back to Maharishi Mahishiogi and.
Speaker 2: These different practices and techniques of self improvement through meditation and so forth, and the Eastern Zenish influence upon Lynch and in his film works, which you know, when I was eighteen or nineteen, you know, I would go and watch David lynch movies in the theater and I was like, what the heck is going on. I don't get any of this. None of this makes sense. This is just completely crazy. And as I got older and you know, really delved into philosophy, esoterica, theology and so forth, it started making a lot more sense. I started, really, I think, getting a better handle on David Lynch's movies and and artwork. And this is what it is, right, I mean, this is what he says in interviews. This is you know, you can watch his interview with the Lipton that whatever that guy, Bruce Lipton or whatever his name is, that does all the sit downs with actors and directors, and you can watch that on YouTube, and Lynch will talk about what I'm talking about. So it's not just me speculating here, him trying to try to get an impression of this from David Lynch's mind himself, to see what he says about his films, and this is essentially what he says and so in that final sequence, you know why is Cooper possessed? Well, as we said, he went too far into the dark side, but Cooper ends up trapped. We discover his spirit, right he confronts his unconscious shade self as well as facing up to his responsibility for past deaths. And Cooper ends up trapped with Annie and Laura in the Black Lodge. It's kind of a prison as a demonic Bob slash Cooper will we get the impression again wreaking habits. So now Cooper is going to be the possessed agent here. It's also worth noting that here in this feature film, Laura's initial journey in the film all Right Twin Peaks far a Walk with Me, The initial journeys into the dreamscape slash astral Realm result in an encounter with Annie, Cooper's girlfriend in season two, and she says in the movie that she is with Laura and Coop right now. This is interesting because it came out prior to the conclusion of season two where we find out what happened to Annie. Right So, and as is the case in Lynch's Muholland Drive, it's electrical phenomena. As we said in static charges that tend to accompany the manifestation of these other worldly spirits, so they seem to have some sort of ability to travel through electricity.
Speaker 1: Now the Black Lodge.
Speaker 2: Members can do this, it seems, and then manifest in some sort of physical form like the Cowboy character in Mholland Drive. Anyone who's seen Mholland Drive you know about the Cowboy. So in conclusion, I think what we're going to see in the return of Twin Peaks has this eerie connection to what Laura predicted in the original series. So I don't know how this I get. I mean it was planned apparently, because in the original series, I think it's episode three where we first see Laura in the Black Lodge Spirit Realm, and Laura says, you know, in the Spirit Realm, I'll see you in twenty five years in reverse, in reverse but.
Speaker 1: Put into forward anyway, which you can see this clip.
Speaker 2: I'll play this clip here the show here in a minute. But yeah, so it's like in the show twenty five years ago, Laura says I'll see you in twenty five years, and then Twin Peaks is being rebooted twenty five years later. It's pretty pretty mind blowing, talk about synchronicity, talk about planning.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, So Laura says to an old Coop in the Black Lodge where there's this in this scene back in nineteen ninety one, there's an old cal McLaughlin wearing makeup, I'll see you again in twenty five years, hinting that this would return, And then twenty five years later it's returning. So with a recent announcement then of the show Showtime picking up the reboot within the last year, I think we can expect an even deeper foray into the unconscious of both Laura and Agent Cooper. And even if for some reason the show doesn't return, you know, the original series and the feature film have an amazingly precise wind into the real America, a land haunted by I believe, primal elemental spirits of the past Native American deities, controlled by a cult that adheres.
Speaker 1: To these kinds of ancient beliefs. Right, the real so called illuminati, the.
Speaker 2: American power elite, are like kind of ben Horn. But ben Horn right that the money power, I guess you could say, but the ben Horn money power is subservient to the preternatural forces that they can't control that would be behind this veil of obscurity that lies in a cult elite whose power seems to derive from a black lodge. Now, a bit of reflection here on what we're seeing in this.
Speaker 1: What does all this mean?
Speaker 2: Well, as we said, it's it's partly satire, but it's it's dark satire. And I've seen interesting presentations that many of the characters match up to.
Speaker 1: The archetypes of the Tarot deck.
Speaker 2: But then again, I mean the archetypes of the Tarot deck are just based on archetypes anyway, So I don't.
Speaker 1: Know about all that.
Speaker 2: But you know, there's no question that the film is about synchronicity, that the series about synchronicity. It's about the Eastern version and notion of these things, which when you go further back into far Eastern alchemy and lore, what you find is that it bears all these same similarities to Western esoterica and their medicism in alchemy. So that to me suggests some perennial, primordial source of whatever we call the perennial tradition. Now that is hinted at right in the goeshia and the sigils that are in the background of the crime scene when Cooper and the officers are investigating, and you know, we pretty much find like the totality of conspiracy presented here. I mean, there's not really any element. I don't think that's left out. I mean we have like all the black markets are covered through being run by ben Horn who's had tied into this different mafia groups. And then we have the occult background that's behind that that's even more nefarious, that's run by this kind of hierarchy of demons that will you know, once you die if you're a murderer, like Bob and Gerard. Bob and Garrard are spirits who are put under the service of the demon, the man from another place. And it also ties in interestingly to Native American theology and spirituality and lore because that's the indigenous you know, religion prior to the arrival of Christianity in North America. So you know, it's kind of like the old old time religion, that old time religion, right, but the old old time religion, which is I guess Native American spirituality, which would involve the worship of you know, forms of animism and spiritism and so forth. But underlying that animism and spiritism in Native Americanism would be, at least according to the perennial view, a similar pattern, a similar perennial philosophy. And that seems to be what's going on here because that ties in directly to the that that ties directly into the far Eastern approach that Lynch seems to favor. Now, the Black Lodge is interesting because it features things like Saturn. It's this imprisoning section. It seems to be somewhat box like, but it has Saturnalian image and imagery in it. Because you know, when Laura's there, she's sitting next to this big lamp. That's this the planet Saturn. Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know, in.
Speaker 2: Esoteric thought much of it, at least in the West, Saturn.
Speaker 1: Is likened to the cube, the box, you know, six.
Speaker 2: Sides and so forth. And Saturn purportedly has this hexagonal.
Speaker 1: Storm.
Speaker 2: There's some sort of hexagonal imagery to the storm that's on Saturn.
Speaker 1: If we can believe what we're told about Saturn.
Speaker 2: You know, who knows if that's even if NASA is not just faking all those images, I don't know. But regardless that, you know, Saturn has connected to human sacrifice historically, and that's what's happening in Twin Peaks, and that's why we see Laura next to the image of Saturn. You're listening to Esoteric Hollywood and I'm your host. Jadiyer of jays Analysis dot Com stayed two.
Speaker 1: Final segment.
Speaker 2: You're at Jay's Analysis and we're talking about Lost Highway, We're talking about Twin Peaks, We're talking about David Lynch.
Speaker 3: David Lynch, you have to listen to Jadeyer at Jay's Analysis, the best breakdown of Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive on the Internet.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's my David Lynch. I'm done.
Speaker 2: I won't subject to anymore David Lynch impersonations, I promise, or I might be lying.
Speaker 1: I may do it for the rest of the show. Okay, but.
Speaker 2: Remember as we started out, you know, Lynch said, I learned just beneath the surface, there's another world and still different worlds as you dig deeper. Right, what was the poem to go along with Twin Peaks? Through the darkness the futures passed, the magician longs to see one chance out between two worlds.
Speaker 1: Fire walk with me, and that is.
Speaker 2: A shamanic firewalking type of poetry, right, at least that's what's it's intended to invoke. I mean, it's obviously it's fictional, but that's what it's about, and we're supposed to understand from that that Cooper is a shaman. And this even comes up in the show right now. The reason that's one of the main reasons that I am quite confident that my analysis of Twin Peaks is completely spot on, because as I cite in in my analysis Yoan Kuliano's book Out of This World, it's all about the shamanic journey and from different religious traditions, perennial philosophy, and then the treatment of you know, the spiritual worlds, the spiritual realm, something like you'd read in Carlos Costanata.
Speaker 1: Right of the journey of the shaman into the spiritual world or the different other worlds. And you know, that's exactly what Twin Peaks is about. And when we look at the architecture of that world, that philosophy, shamanism, ancient traditions, so forth, we tend to see these patterns. Right.
Speaker 2: So when I talk about perennial philosophy or traditionalist philosophy.
Speaker 1: What I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About is this kind of movement or school in last century one hundred and fifty years. This would be people like frietof schu On. This would be people like Merkia Iliad or Joan Kulianu or rene Gannon, Rama Kumaraswami or excuse me, Ananda kumar Swami. Actually his son Rama kumer Swanmi ended up a set of a concious traditional Catholic oddly enough. But the other characters that we've mentioned would fall roughly in the perennial tradition. And one might even include Aldus Huxley in this tradition, because Huxley has a book called The Perennial Philosophy which I've read, and there what you get is basically this idea of well, all the religions are saying the same thing. It's ultimately it's kind of syncretistic. So I'm not a huge fan of perennial philosophy, but I think that there's a lot of insights in those writers because they're looking to ancient traditions, which can be insightful at times against the ultimate evil juggernaut of modernity and atheism.
Speaker 1: So even though I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Advocate, you know, like Hinduism or something at least talks about spiritual realm and so forth, right, which you know, atheism is intended to induct everyone into this materialistic, meaningless, nihilistic view, and then that's actually ultimately intended to take people further into Luciferianism. Which this is why the Secret societies actually talk about, is the implementation of atheism as a stage as a process of moving humanity supposedly into Luciferianism, right, which is kind of a bunch of nonsense in my view, because Luciferianism is not really in my view, doesn't make much sense. But you know, that's why I was citing these tantric texts, not to promote tantrism, but to point out what I think Twin Peaks is talking about. In Twin Peaks is talking about that intentional language of Sendabayas. If you think about the funny scene it's episode two or three, where Cooper gathers all the local law enforcement and through association and through intentionality, he's going to throw rocks at different objects that represent different people, and then he's writing stuff on a chalkboard based on where the rocks Land, and that scene is actually pretty funny because Cooper says, Oh, I'm actually going to use a Buddhist technique to do this, and then everybody else just kind of thinks he's crazy.
Speaker 1: They don't know what that's going on, and ironically the divination technique of Cooper ends up being right. But I think it's great too that. You know, I don't know what Lynch's motivations are for this, but you know, Cooper.
Speaker 2: Delves deeper into the dark side and he ends up possessed, and you know, that's a that's a positive warning. You know, whether David Lynch intends that to be the positive.
Speaker 1: Warning or not, I don't. I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: That's at least what happens in the storyline of the show, and we see that in Lost Highway too. In Lost Highway, you know, Fred kind of gives into his dark side and he turns into this demonic kind of creature who's more or less possessed by I guess Robert Blake, who's like the double character in that film, the Man in Black in that film, right, So we have the man from another place, the Man in Black, evoking this government agent, but like government agent of the double kind of thing. The man from another place is this midget, little double character, the joker trickster. But he's a trickster who demands ritual sacrifice. And you know, I think ritual sacrifice does happen. It's happened in human history, and it probably still goes on. And then, you know, if you have this occultic view that many of the elites seem to have, then what you believe about human sacrifices that you're actually off bring the energy of humanity as a transference of power into the spiritual realm, where you're directing that power towards some intention. Right, So you want to further your goals or the idea is well, I can placate spirits perhaps or just you know, push this spiritual energy out by intentionally, you know, sacrificing people. Now, how might that may Well, it might be done through war. You might send a whole bunch of people to war, you know, to fight and battle as a kind of big human sacrifice. You might implement things like abortion as a human sacrifice, with the offering of the first born of a good portion of American citizens. Right, the abortion clinics that are everywhere, and then we see these videos coming out of planned parenthood where they're giggling and laughing about it. Assuming you know, all those videos are what they're presented as.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that they're fake.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying assuming that, you know, who knows what's going on with videos these days? There's so much trickery, hoaxery and fakery out there that you have to be kind of skeptical, is all I'm saying. But yeah, you know, there's certainly people who are that sick where they're like joking about baby parts and.
Speaker 1: To put you know, just just mind blowing stuff. You know, it makes more sense as a sacrifice.
Speaker 2: You know, even if every one of those individuals involved in a planned parenthood locale doesn't intentionally talk about it being a human sacrifice or know that or believe that from the monetary powers and influence far above them, it could very well be that. And you know, you may think that sounds crazy, But then when you see things come out in the news like Savile and so forth, where there appear to be people who believe these things, you know they're probably going.
Speaker 1: To act on it.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know for sure, I'm just saying this is this could be the case. And you know, I did a recent interview with Greg Moffatt of Legalized Freedom and we talked about this there where we got into the subject of Shaman's Demons in Hollywood. So you can listen to that interview and I actually have I played that a couple of shows back. The majority of that interview here on Esolteraire Hollywood, where.
Speaker 1: We got into the connection between these things.
Speaker 2: You might think, well, what would there be connection, Why would there be a connection between Shaman's Demons in Hollywood? Well, there could be, and I make that argument there.
Speaker 1: And if we.
Speaker 2: Want to get a real picture, I think of, you know, of the conspiracy put into film. You know a lot of people talk about is White Shut and I've you know, I've dealt extensively with I White Shut or the Ninth Gate with Johnny Depp, which you know we'll eventually do an episode of Esoteric Hollywood on that show. But another example would be Twin Peaks, and I can't think of, as I said, I can't think of an element of the so called conspiracy that is left out of that film. And in my view of the so called conspiracy only makes sense when you have a spiritual realm.
Speaker 1: Right, It's not just human beings, you know.
Speaker 2: Coordinating a large scale global human destruction.
Speaker 1: An enslavement.
Speaker 2: It's directed by spiritual evil. Right now, I don't believe that spiritual evil is you know, has total control or power. But this is what we see, you know, in Matthew Matthew four, where the devil says to Jesus, you know, let me take you up on a mountain. I'll show you the kingdoms of the world. These have been given to me for a time, right, He offers the kingdoms of the world, and we get the impression that, you know, this is for some period of time. But you know, ultimately in the biblical presentation, at least you know that's that's not the.
Speaker 1: Final end of the story. It's not ultimately the devil that wins.
Speaker 2: Although people who buy into the dark Side and gnosticism and all these different alternative religious views and occultism and not so much satanism that's kind of just hedonism, but the presentations of you know, people that people that really believe in like real, real Luciferian spiritual you know, things like that they think that you know, the dark side has the upper hand.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think so, you know, I think that the Bible has a better.
Speaker 2: A better explanation, is a better model of categorizing and explaining what the conspiracy really is. It's not ultimately a conspiracy of just rich guys, you know, because rich, rich guys are still humans, They're still finite, they're still limited. But we have evil existing from the dawn of time afflicting humanity, right, not just rich to get rich guys. So a lot of people, you know, aren't willing to go beyond the material realm, or the physical realm, or the human realm of understanding the so called conspiracy. And ironically, the Bible all along has described the so called conspiracy, and it's a conspiracy of the devil to destroy man and to wipe out the image of God and man. You're listening to Esolterary, Hollywood, thank you for staying with me, and we were listening. We were deconstructing Twin Peaks.