Speaker 1: Is it just me or does it feel like a Monday? I mean I've had to check more than once to confirm that today is indeed a Thursday. And these holidays, Joe, I don't know about you, these holidays in the middle of the week, man, I get my days just completely mixed up, especially after their football That's true. Although we didn't have the Sugar Bowl yesterday, we might have it tonight.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: But in any case, it is five am on this Thursday morning, second day of January twenty twenty five. Happy New Year to you. I'm Dan Carroll And for Brian Thomas. Is Brian Thomas back tomorrow or Monday?
Speaker 2: Monday?
Speaker 1: So he'll be back Monday. So I get my chance to sit in one more day and hang out with the with the great Brian Thomas audience. And you know I walked in. Well, let me start with this. I got up this morning and whenever I agree to do this shift. And I've been doing early morning news and radio for a long time, on and off, more off than on in the last few years. But I love coming in here do the early morning shift. I don't have a problem getting out of bed early in the morning. But there's always that little bit of that little bit of apprehension, and I you know, I tell Joe, yeah, I'm going to come in on this day, and you know you need me on this day to do for Brian Thomas show.
Speaker 2: I'll be there.
Speaker 1: There's always that little bit of a thought in the back of my head, what if I.
Speaker 2: Don't wake up on time? What if I don't get up?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 1: What would you do if I if I didn't show up here in the you know, early morning. He's got backups. But I'm thinking. But I always think that, and I always make doubly sure that my alarm is set that I know it's kind of going to go off at about three fifteen in the morning and I'm going to jump out of bed, and that I really don't feel good about it until it's I don't know, a few minutes after four o'clock and I'm on the road and I'm driving to the station, and that's when I know that this is really going to happen. But there's always that little thing in the back of I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: And I did.
Speaker 1: I did a couple of days last week, just one day this week but it's it's always it's always a little bit of an accomplishment to overcome that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like any New Year's resolution you have anything like that, the first thing you gotta do is you got to you got to take that first step.
Speaker 2: You got to get started.
Speaker 1: That's the hardest part to a lot of these New Year's resolutions. And I don't really do New Year's resolutions, although I do have one this year, and that is the cell phone I have is a it's an Android, it's old.
Speaker 2: It is starting to swirl the drain. I'll be Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm at that point now where I'll look at my battery life and I'll have one minute, I'll have forty or forty five percent battery life, and then two minutes later I've got nothing. And I think that's a pretty clear indicator that this thing is on its last legs. So where I used to be able to get away with charging it up once a day, now it's on the charger two, three, four times a day. And when I've got it on the charger, I'm running around the house, I'm doing other stuff, and I kind of forget about it and I get back and oh my god, I got text messages, emails, all this stuff, and so people think I'm not responding to them.
Speaker 2: But that's me.
Speaker 1: I got up this morning, come outside and I look up a crystal clear sky. You see all kinds of stars. It's brisk, I mean, it's cold, cold enough to get your attention. And I'm thinking to myself, man, is what a beautiful morning. It's clear, you can see everything. And then by the time I got here, cloud cover had moved in, so we're I mean, and I'm looking at the forecast and there's there's cloudy, chance of snow, maybe some snow on the ground, so.
Speaker 2: We will get to that in a few minutes.
Speaker 1: The other thing is I walk into the studio this morning and on the console here in the studio is a printed out version of the Festivist Report, and it's I don't know, probably twenty twenty five pages.
Speaker 2: And we talked about this.
Speaker 1: I think it came out it was either last week or late the week before. In any case, I was thinking to myself, you know, there there's so much stuff in there. I talked about it on this station, I talked about it down the hall, and there's so many things in there that there's no way we covered it all just it's there's just no way. And I'm thinking to myself, we should still be talking about that. We should be examining something like that thoroughly, to talk about all the waste and everything else that goes on with this government and how much money is spent on.
Speaker 2: Just just garbage. But no, we can't know.
Speaker 1: No, we're not talking about that anymore because now we have terrorist attacks to deal with. And if you listen to the news yesterday, you've got this, uh, this police chief, Hanny Kirkpatrick, who I didn't know until this morning, used to be the police chief of Oakland. She was fired, sued the city of Oakland, a jury found that she was wrongly terminated there, and then if you google headlines about this police chief, you'll see that she was investigated earlier this year for hitting a couple of pedestrians while she was driving. So, look, I don't know anything about the police chief in New Orleans, but is there is it right to ask questions about the leadership there? I mean I think so, And especially when you get to the point where you have thousands of people on the street and you know they're going to be there, and you can't secure that street. I think we do a great job of that here in Cincinnati. And I was thinking of all the events that we have in Cincinnati where we know there are going to be thousands of people out on the street. And forget just the regular events like a Bengals game or a Reds game or a concert downtown. I'm talking about Opening Day, Taste of Cincinnati october Fest. You've been down there when we have those events, you know what it's like trying to get in there. I mean there are barricades all over the place, and getting a vehicle in there, you know it's not going to happen. But somehow in New Orleans on New Year's Eve. Does anyone think that on New Year's Eve in New Orleans that there's not going to be people out on the street on Bourbon Street partying all night long?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think.
Speaker 1: I would think they had a pretty good clue that that was going to be a pretty busy place and that there was a nationally televised football game Notre Dame and the University of Georgia, thousands of their fans are going to be in town. Were they likely to be down on Bourbon Street partying and raising hell, I think so. And so when you have a national event like this, local police tends to work with federal agencies to provide security for those events. And so when I get up and I see the news yesterday morning the ten people are dead and now the number is fifteen dead of this dude driving his truck into that crowd, I'm thinking to myself, this is a pretty basic thing for security is blocking off the streets, making sure vehicles cannot go down those streets.
Speaker 2: And that very basic task failed.
Speaker 1: And we've got all the you know, all the the FBI is raise your hand if you're if you're.
Speaker 2: If you're feeling good about the FBI investigating this.
Speaker 1: Raise your hand if you're convinced that they'll get to the bottom of this and eventually we'll have all the answers. When John Kennedy was at that news conference yesterday and and he said what he said, he said, look, I want you to do your investigation. He said, he's spoken to the head of Homeland Security, Alejandro Majorcis, who's been lying to us repeatedly for the last four years about homeland security, the border being secured. Joe Biden being sharp as attack, lie after lie after lie, and Kennedy said, do your investigation and then tell the American people the truth. And there's a reason he said that, because he knows a hell of a lot more about this, about what's really going on than we do. And this is this is his home turf, and he's not happy about it, and I'm not happy about it, and you shouldn't be happy about it, and no one should be happy about it. I mean, my god, I get up yesterday morning, twenty twenty five, brand new year is going to be a great year.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four is in the rear view mirror. Thank god.
Speaker 1: This administration of the nightmare of Joe Biden and company is over.
Speaker 2: And we've got a terrorist attack.
Speaker 1: We've got the Tesla truck blowing up at Trump Tower in Las Vegas. I see video of this dude on Joe. Did you see that video of the dude on the subway in New York pushing that guy in front of the train. This is how this year is going to start. On top of all the aviation stuff we had going on last week, there's a lot to get to. So we will do that during the course of the morning. And I hope you can stick around for it. Dan Hills will be here in the seven o'clock hour and we'll get his take on security and all the rest of it. And then our buddy Kurt Hartman will be joining us in the eight o'clock hour, and there's a lot of political stuff that I want to get to with him. Also, the crime numbers are out for the city of Cincinnati and.
Speaker 2: We'll touch on that as well.
Speaker 1: So a lot of ground to cover this morning, and I hope you can stick around for Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc V talk station.
Speaker 2: You paid him.
Speaker 1: It's no Joe's asking me if I'm in the twilight z on I'm just listening to this music.
Speaker 2: I like this music. We might be in the twilight zone. It's Stan Carroll and for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: One of the websites I go to every day is John Solomon's site, Just the Just the News. A great reporting there, and they put this piece up this morning. A year before a twin New Year's Day incidents in New Orleans and Las Vegas dark in the start of twenty twenty five, the Department of Homeland Security commissioned a study that warrened America was facing a new era of terrorism and was ill prepared to protect citizens from that threat. Attacks on soft targets and crowded places represent a significant challenge to the security environment. RAN Corporation's Homeland Security Operational Analysis Center reported to the agency, urging a signific could change in posture for a security apparatus that spent two decades hardening defense against the sort of foreign inspired and spectacular attacks that al Qaeda pulled off on September eleventh, twenty twenty one, rather than flying planes in the hardened security targets of major institutions like the Pentagon or the World Trade Center towers. A growing number of foreign inspired or domestic grown terrorists and mass shooters have deployed low level tactics, vehicles, improvised explosive devices, and guns, And weren't all three of those used yesterday in that attack Fox News and I guess there's some question this morning about whether or not they really did find the ied So Fox News was reporting yesterday the two of them had been disabled. But we'll see if that reporting continues about the possible IEDs that were discovered in and around the scene there and I guess that's why they canceled the game yesterday, because they weren't sure if the Supernome was being targeted as well. But I go back to the report vehicles, IEDs and guns on targets with less security but still house large numbers of potential human victims. Drivers in Wisconsin in twenty twenty two Germany in twenty twenty two plowed through Christmas Day gatherings with extreme wethought consequences. Shooters from Buffalo, New York, to Charleston, South Carolina, Orlando, Florida, San Bernardino, California claimed numerous victims by focusing on stores, schools, houses of worship that have lower security postures. Plots the plant improvised explosive devices multiplied in the last decade to just a news review of ten years a mass casualty incident showed. Meanwhile, such soft targets have been provided little training and security guidance. Rand warned, So this report came out a year ago, and where was Homeland Security on this? Maybe they were working with local departments. Dan Hills might have some insight on that. We will find out. We know they've been very concerned about diversity and equity and inclusion. We are fully aware of that. We know they've been busy gaslighting about what's happening at the border. We know they have concerned themselves with making sure illegal aliens in this country get treated as kindly as they possibly can. That's the kind we know that. You know they've been telling us that Joe Biden's sharp as attack. But when the serious business of what they are suppose to be doing confronts them, what happens?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: Anyone, anyone got a clue on that? We found little, specifically on how to secure open spaces and non secured buildings that almost by definition do not have more intensive security measures. The report warned. What little is present sometimes includes surveillance cameras and other sensors for areas that have shot detection. The only reliable security measures present, however, is the bystanders themselves. The bystanders themselves are our security measures. There's a little bit more to this, but we got to get to a quick break here, so we will go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Do that now.
Speaker 1: But the one thing that and Joe, I haven't seen all the reporting on this yet. Has the FBI come out yet and said this guy was on our radar. Okay, we know he was in the army. They made a big deal yesterday about him being a citizen of the United States. I don't think Donald Trump helped anything with the statement that he put out. Uh, he's I mean, he's just got a coolest jets sometimes when it comes to attaching everything to the border. So I think that was a little bit of a misstep by the Trumpster. So now we'll continue on with this. And I'm just really angry about this about how this whole thing could come to pass. Five one, three, seven, fifty five hundred the number to call if you want to get on board. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRCV talk station.
Speaker 3: I am sick.
Speaker 1: Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five krc I've been talking about this report, and justin news that the RAM Corporation put out a report over a year ago talking about soft targets exactly like what happened in New Orleans, and they write that the report was as academic as it was prescient. On Wednesday, police said an Army veteran apparently radicalized to support ISIS, drove his vehicle bearing an ISIS flag into the crowd in the French Quarter, New Orleans, where scorers were celebrating New Year's Eve, claiming fifteen lives and injuring many more. The driver, forty two year old Sam should Ding Jabbar of Texas, came armed with guns to shoot officers, had explosives both inside his car and planted in the neighborhood he targeted. FBI says its terror attack, and they believe others still uncaptured, assisted it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I certainly hope that.
Speaker 1: Those who were also involved in this are looking over their soul at the very least this morning, and I certainly hope that we find out during the course of the day today that these individuals have been apprehended. The FBI said it was a terror attack, and let me see, I already already talked about that. I meanwhile, another driver pulled up to the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas and detonated a rented Tesla cyber truck filled with fireworks and explosive materials, killing one and injuring seven. And that is a very strange thing that I think is going on there. And I saw a picture of the back of that truck, and you can see that some of the there were fuel containers in there, what they call camping fuel and left over fireworks, So I don't know why. Maybe that's a basic terrorist explosive device is just load up a bit of a pickup truck with all kinds of fireworks and watch it go boom.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have to find out more about that.
Speaker 1: FBI said they're trying to determine if the terrorist attack is related to the one in New Orleans. Both drivers rented from the same rental company, heightening concerns. Whatever the final outcome, the incident's reaffirmed that soft targets remain soft and easily accessed, creating potential catastrophic opportunities for bad actors when they are crowded like a hotel or a public celebration for a New Year's holiday. The vulnerabilities, coupled with four years of an insecure border under Joe Biden and liberal defund the police movement in big cities has created a perfect storm, one lawmaker told Just the News. With the Democrats defund the police and overboard open borders policy fiascos, it was always just ann matter of time before America would experience these terrorist type of attacks that Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, a member of the Senate Homeland Security Committee soon to be chairman of that investigative body. Johnson's home state experienced the Christmas Parade massacre carried out by a driver in twenty twenty two, and Waukesha is worn for years that America has too many soft targets. President Trump has some major Democrat created messes to clean up, he added. The question of local police capabilities has already surfaced in the New Orleans strategy, where officials admitted security barriers known as ballards that were intended to protect pedestrians for vehicles had been temporarily removed and were to be replaced because they malfunctioned at times before the attacker drove through Bourbon Street shortly after three am. Ballards were not up because they are near completion, with the expectation of being completed before the Super Bowl. Mayor LaToya Cantrell admitted Wednesday afternoon, So for some reason, these ballards, which are essentially posts in the ground, Joe, Joe, they do google ballards right now and see what you come up with, and you'll see picture after picture after picture of what essentially is a post in the ground and you're and you're telling me that that that these things, Well, if you have several of them in one location, and I've seen them downtown. They've got them in front of the h what's the new Music's the Brady Music Center down there, and there's other facilities downtown that have them, and you can take them in the ground, you can put them in, you can take them out. They weren't working, Joe, Does it looked like there's a lot of moving parts to a ballard.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No, So this excuse doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 1: Let's see, the lack of barriers and the ease the driver found in driving into the French Quarter is particularly alarming, you think, given that the city is hosting, or was hosting, a major college championship football game, the Sugar Bowl, on Wednesday night, and the Super Bowl is only a month a month away, there's obviously a lot of blame to go around for this terrorist attack in New Orleans. Former CIA analyst National Security Council Chief Fred Fletts told just The News security barriers in the street that were put in place to prevent this type of attack, we're not activated. That's the fault of New Orleans police and officials. I can't imagine that. And I'm going to talk to Dan Hills about this in a seven o'clock hour that if we had a major event in Cincinnati and whatever devices they use to put in place to blog, because there's all kinds of things they use to block off streets that you couldn't figure out another way to block off access to vehicles of these streets. This is, to me, is beyond comprehension. And I hate to criticize police. I love police. I have family members who are police, and I hate to criticize them, but this is, to my way of thinking, this is this is right, This is leadership. This is a failure of leadership. And I'm very upset ab this, and I know a lot of others are too. John is on the line. We'll get to John's call right after this. As we roll on till nine o'clock this morning, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas on fifty five k RC, The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC, the Talk Station, Dan Carroll ford Bryan Thomas talking.
Speaker 1: About this piece and just the news, looking at what happened in New Orleans yesterday and talking about thet the Rand Corporation that put out a report a year ago talking about soft targets just like this and that the type of vulnerability vulnerabilities that we have there. And John from Cincinnati would like to weigh in. And John, good morning. You're on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning, Dan.
Speaker 2: What you got for us?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 2: Turn your radio down?
Speaker 1: And you got to get off the speaker all right, hold on, hold on, Joe, get them off the speakerphone. My god, that calls us all kinds of havoc. Now, johnn you want to call back, that's fine, but you got to go off the speakerphone. Uh, let's see. All right, John is back now John, John, did you get here?
Speaker 4: He goes round two. Let's make this real quick. I have enjoyed your list about you know, the FBI's concerns, but you left out, you know what about January sixth. They sure could be concerned about that and track down all those innocent people that were only protesting for their civil rights and their liberties and doing exactly what they had the right to do as red blooded Americans. We could start right there. Okay, now we can move. We can all we could right remember that? Or what about at the schools, you know, when the FBI were there because the mothers are protesting against the trans agenda. Do you remember that.
Speaker 1: Well, John, I mean the these government agencies have spent a lot of time concentrating in these areas when you have people's lives. I was talking to a guy yesterday who got a visit from the Secret Service after he dared to speak out at his school board meeting. And so, yeah, we've wasted a lot of time and effort tracking down American citizens who did nothing more than exercise their First Amendment rights. So a lot of time, effort, and money and attention was wasted on these efforts, and things like this are somehow able to slip through the cracks, and this morning we have fifteen dead people to show for it. And John, thank you very much for that call. Let's get back to what mister Flight said here, the former CIA analyst was talking about this. He says, the Biden administration has admitted at least two hundred and fifty of the known migrants that were on the US terrorist list. I believe a much more larger number of terrorists enter the country as illegal immigrants or illegal migrants across the southern border in twenty twenty one. We also have a Homeland Security Department, an FBI that has lumped radical Islamist terrorists, a non politically correct term government employees are forbidden to use with peaceful protesters, such as parents who attended PTA meetings, pro life protesters, and the January sixth protesters. So exactly what John was talking about right there, Homeland Security, FBI, they spent a lot of time looking at people like this.
Speaker 2: Not to mention the Department of Defense that.
Speaker 1: The day that this secretary, this Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin came in, what's the first thing he did, Well, we've got to stand down. We've got to investigate and find these white racist radicals in the ranks of the United States military. And yet a guy like this who was in the military apparently didn't raise a red flag, didn't raise a concern. We'll find out later more about this dude that drove the ten. Thankfully he's dead now, but Flight says he's very concerned the Biden administration and their mismanagement of our homeland security agencies. Senator John Kennedy, who was briefed on the New Orleans they call it a tragedy, and I'm not sure the use of that word is right or appropriate here. He suggested Americans will be more alarmed when all the details are eventually made public. Here's what I want to ask for from the federal government, Kennedy said, catch these people and then tell the American people the truth. I don't want you to tell us anything yet that's going to interfere with the investigation. And he said, there are things I've been told that I think are true that I'm not sharing with you today because it could interfere with the investigation. But more importantly, and you can read And I was when I heard him say this yesterday. I was thinking, Man, there's a lot to read between the lines there when he says, tell the American people the truth. And I think the one thing you can say about this administration, from top to bottom, through and through, is that the time that this administration has been in office, we have not been told the truth, not only about stuff like this, but about anything, anything.
Speaker 2: And this is what we have to show for Joe. Did I miss a break here? Did we have to? Okay, let's get a break in here. Then we'll talk to Pat.
Speaker 1: If you want to get on board five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, Dan Carrol, Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCV talks.
Speaker 2: Days the Days of Relaxing in the jew one fifty five krc DE Talk Station. Good Morning, Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: The second day of January twenty twenty five. Not off to a great start, talking about this tarriff attack in New Orleans, and then again we'll get into the the car that blew up in Las Vegas, and a little bit stuff like that going on. Dude throwing a guy in front of the train in New York City. Let's go to Pat. Pat, You're on fifty five krc Good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Mike. I'm sorry, Dance. I wanted to put my two cents. We're saying about, you know, back when the World Trade Center got blown up that one time, well the summer before two thousand and one, I was up there for a meeting, and their driveway going down into the U the bottom of the tower there where they go into the garage, they had one of these They had one of these things up where it looked like little teeth, but they were sticking up out of the ground. There were solid metal and they were sharp and if he tried to drive over it was about a foot up in the air.
Speaker 3: It would a slice your tires a piece of tires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 7: If they hear something like that where you know, you could, I mean, people would have to you know. It would be one of those deals where they would push push a button and if somebody was going down the street like that in that car, if those things came up, he wouldn't get very far.
Speaker 2: Well, you would think, you would, you would think, and I would think.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not a security expert, but when it comes to securing an area like that and that they if someone came to me and said, Dan, you're in charge of security for this event. It's New Year's Eve, the French Quarter going to be thousands of people out here. Here's Bourbon Street, here's you know all the look. I have never been to New Orleans. I feel bad to say that, but I've never been there, so you know, I don't have, uh, you know, what it looks like in my mind. But if I was there, that's one of the things, that's one of the that's probably the area where I would start. Let's figure out how we block these streets. Off, there's no way I want any vehicular traffic coming in here from you know whatever. It is five o'clock the day before until noon the next day, and we are going to make sure that there's no way to get a car in here. And if if I if I think there's an area that's vulnerable, guess what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna have armed police there keeping watch on those areas. And were they there? Were they not? I don't know. So I mean these things and and you know, when Dan Hills is here in the seven o'clock hour, I'm gonna run those things by him and get his take on those things.
Speaker 2: But Pat, I think it very.
Speaker 1: Much for that call squeeze one morning here before we get to the break leading up to the news here at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: This is Jay. Jay, you run fifty five k RC Hey J.
Speaker 1: Jay, Hello, I get I know he's there. His phone's not working. Jay one more time? All right, bye, Jay, Thanks with a good try. Was a good effort. Just be good, you know, maybe call back after the news here at the top of the hour. But you know, the FBI is all over this there. I guess they're investigating the guys home now and in Texas, and if there were others involved in this.
Speaker 2: Uh, we gotta gotta clean it up. Gotta clean it up.
Speaker 1: But more importantly, we have to take real steps to make sure that these sorts of things don't happen again. I mean, it's the very basics when when you're when you're swinging and missing on basics like this, it just does not bode well for the rest of the operation. We got to get to a break news coming up top of the hour, and then we will continue on on fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 2: There's no shortage of stuff to talk about in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Excite and the conversation is happening here on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's the Marketers Report.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Fifty five kr DE Talk station. Gotta love it.
Speaker 1: What the van Halen rolls out, Dan Carroll Inport Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Generations swings.
Speaker 9: You know, it's more, it's just something sense the.
Speaker 1: Second day of twenty twenty five getting off to a rough start. You know, it's more, Joe, I don't have a TV in here, so I can't watch the news. Have there been any reported terrorist attacks yet?
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't seen anything come across my computer yet, but we will be keeping an eye out for that.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: I am glad, I always glad to be here in for the vacationing Brian Thomas, who was back on Monday. So we'll all be looking forward to that together. But for now, you got me and uh as always glad to be here, glad to be talking with you. Five is the is the number to call. And Bill's been on hold for a little while. And let's see what Bill has this morning. And Bill, good morning. You're on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Happy New Year, Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: And on this terrorist attack, I called.
Speaker 3: This the case.
Speaker 10: I talked to Brian about this. I've called this over a year ago. See, this is like such an eight people. You get him into a nice place, the government's paying for it, and then what they have to get kicked out? They ramsacked the place. Okay, this is this is just the beginning of what's gonna happen, and it's going to get worse once Trump starts rolding these people up there, they can get gun. They're going to go in and slaughter as many people as they can. That's that's that's coming. Well, this is just a beginning.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, Bill, who's gonna slaughter who?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 10: All these people that's here? Looking at what we've got over twenty three thousand male Chinese here, We've got people from Iran. These are people out here that want to be Americans. They're coming here to do as much destruction as they can. And Trump was right he said we got an internal problem, and it's true. Once they start rounding up these people, they're going to do as much damage as they can until they get kicked out or sent back, or they get they get killed.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Bill, I appreciate the appreciate the phone call, and I appreciate the inside on that. I don't know if it's going to be that bad. But look, I've talked to Tom Homan. I've seen him interviewed on numerous occasions. I've got a pretty good feeling that he is going to be on top of this. And is it going to be pretty No, it's not. Is there going to be some ugliness involved?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Are Is there going to be a blood bath? I certainly do not think that is going to happen, and I certainly hope it does not happen.
Speaker 2: Do we need to be.
Speaker 1: Prepared for something along those lines, Absolutely, without a doubt, without question. But I'm not really going to entertain ideas that it's a given that these things are going to come to pass. If they do, then I'll own it. Then I'll you know, I'll admit I was wrong about that. But no, Bill, I appreciate the phone call, but I'm just not ready to go down that road yet. Donald Trump is. And I want to say this about the New York Post. The New York Post is when I do show prep for these radio shows that in the New York Post is an indispensable website. You find so much great reporting there. And I'm talking about reporting that is that is bold, that is unafraid, that really has an allegiance to neither conservative or liberals. I mean they does it have a conservative bent, I think, without a doubt. But when conservatives are in the wrong, are they afraid to call that out? Absolutely not. And so the New York Post is it gets cited in a lot of different places, and then you go there and you see this on your own, Joe, you probably look at the New York Post on a regular basis, do you know, yeah, all the time. I mean just and and a lot of times you find information and reporting in there that you do not see anywhere else.
Speaker 7: And so the.
Speaker 1: The Editorial Board put out a piece talking about journalists who've been gaslighting the United States since Biden administration has been in office.
Speaker 2: Should never live it down. That's the that's the title of the piece.
Speaker 1: And they talk about a video that was posted the Trump's True social media account that shows clips of Democrat leaders denying to the media that Biden was mentally ill. And he posted the video on Monday showing and it starts with Carine John Pierre. You've got Alejandro Majorcis in there. You've got Nancy Pelosi in there, You've got that that full Chris Coons in there. You've got Bernie Sanders in there, You've got Chuck Schumer in there, all of them talking about how great and wonderful Joe Biden is. And luckily I was able to find the clip this morning. Joe Strecker has it. And Joe, let's go ahead. I believe that's cut number four. Let's play that now. This was posted on Trump's True Social yesterday.
Speaker 8: Does the president have the stamina physically and mentally do you think to continue on even after twenty twenty four non.
Speaker 5: You're asking me this question.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, he's the president of the United States, you know.
Speaker 5: I can't even keep up with him.
Speaker 12: The most difficult part about a meeting with President Biden is preparing for it, because he is sharp, intensely probing, and detail oriented and focused.
Speaker 13: I can testify because I've been working very closely with this president for the past two years. I've been knowing it for thirty years, and I'm telling you, this guy's tough. He's smart, he's on his jill.
Speaker 14: Biden has vision, he has knowledge, he has a strategic thinker.
Speaker 15: The President is focused, he's detail oriented, He's always thinking about the big picture.
Speaker 2: He is engaging, he is capable.
Speaker 16: He has an incredible record as president.
Speaker 17: And I'm often with him on foreign trips. He's at the top of his game.
Speaker 18: So he has a vision, he has knowledge, he has judgment, he has a strategic thinking.
Speaker 3: I met with the President, I don't know five or six weeks ago, but he seems fine.
Speaker 19: To make have complete confidence in the President. I have watched him expertly guide meetings of staff and cabinet members.
Speaker 2: I could not have more.
Speaker 9: Confidence than the president.
Speaker 20: I would just tell you that I meet frequently with the President, and every single time I meet him.
Speaker 9: He is just fine.
Speaker 21: But he is again, knowledgeable, wise, incredibly sharp, incredibly probing, incredible command of the details.
Speaker 16: He is sharp, He is on top of things. There is nothing to these challenges, these suggestions that somehow he's not sharp and he's not capable.
Speaker 17: We see Joe Biden of Plus.
Speaker 14: We know how attuned he oughts to the issue.
Speaker 22: And you're going to see how smart he is and.
Speaker 18: The experience he has.
Speaker 17: I say, his age is an asset.
Speaker 9: Wow, he's wise.
Speaker 17: Yes, he's wise, he has wisdom, he has experiences, and.
Speaker 23: His experience because of his age and his wisdom, has been invaluable to this country.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 8: Countries, people who've been in office a longer period of time are praised for their wisdom.
Speaker 24: I have seen a lot of seventy two yelds not as capable as this eighty year old.
Speaker 22: It is hard for us to keep up with this president.
Speaker 25: His mental acuity is great, it's fine. It's as good as it's been over the years I've been he's fine. All this right wing propaganda that he is mental acuity has declined as wrong.
Speaker 13: And this kind of sense that he's not ready for this job is just a bucket of bs that's so deep your boots will get stuck at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a bunch of right wing propaganda. You know, we could see what was going on. Our eyes don't deceive us, Our ears don't deceive us. We see video after video, appearance after appearance, stumbling, mumbling, fumbling, bumbling, all that time and time and time again. Yeah, you heard him, all of them. This is the steady diet that we were fed over the last four years from karing John Pierre. I can't keep up with them.
Speaker 2: Look at me. I'm a spry I don't know what is she?
Speaker 1: Mid thirties. I'm a spry, mid thirties lesbian. I can't keep up with him. He's running circles around, really, And so the New York Post starts with this video and they go on to talk about every last person in that video deserves scorn, But so do the journalists who not only let these fanatical FIBs go unchallenged, but even.
Speaker 2: Parroted the lies and it started off with Caryn John Pierre.
Speaker 1: They're doing an interview with Don Lemon, who you used to be with CNN, and he's one of those so called journalists that was more than happy to parrot these lies. So we'll get into this editorial from the New York Post, but we got to get to a quick break here, so we will go ahead and do that. But I mean, it's and they're absolutely right. These people deserve all the scorn that we can possibly heap upon them. Six fifteen Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC Talk Station fifty five car the talk station. Don't start the new year with the same old joint pain the nine first warning forecast mostly cloudy today, a seasonal high about thirty eight, then some light snow expected to start tonight. Good accumulate to between half an inch and one inch by tomorrow morning. By around eight am. We're talking about the overnight load twenty eight. Party cloudy on Friday, thirty three for the high. Turning really cold Friday and Saturday with an overnight low of eighteen. So it looks like wintertime maybe here. It is thirty two at fifty five KARC. The talk station from the.
Speaker 2: Ucl Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the region's first and only provider a specialized primary care services for cancer patients and survivors called five one three five eighty five U see see see highway tramping continues to look good for your Thursday morning. No accidents to deal with, nothing close to a delay as of yet, under five minutes to seventy five town on northbound fourth seventy one Chuck ingramand fifty five care see deep talk station.
Speaker 2: And a good Thursday morning to you.
Speaker 1: It feels like a Monday after the New Year's holiday, but it is a Thursday, and it's the second day of January.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I'm taking a look at this New York Post piece and the editorial board talking about journalists who just rode the Biden train, lying to us the entire way. And we just played the clip from Donald Trump that his people put out on his True Social earlier this week, and it is just a clip after clip of Carrin, John Pierre, Alejandro Mayorkis, various Democrat senators. Joe Biden is great, and they and they're going after the journalists who just parroted these claims and passed them on as as as fact, and anyone who daresaid otherwise was a right wing conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 2: They write.
Speaker 1: The entire idea that Biden was anything but healthy, virile even was treated as right wing tinfoil hat talking points. The public wasn't buying it. Back in February, eighty six percent of Americans thought Biden was too old to serve a second term because they had watched his decline happen in real time and over the course of several years. Back in twenty twenty two, seventy five percent of Democrat voters wanted someone other than Biden to run in twenty twenty four. Somehow that was all forgotten about when Biden said that he was going to run again for a second term, and he was going to Oh, he's the only one that can beat Trump. Ah, he's remember when he said that. And I've had so many people make the same observation that I've made on this is that Jill Biden is the one who was really driving that train. I think Jill Biden is the one, more than anyone else, who did not want to surrender that lifestyle. I think she likes being the first lady. I think she likes all the accouterma that comes with it. After all these years being in proximity to power, to finally have that at your disposal is a powerful, powerful thing, and she in no way wanted to give that up. You know, chiseling millions from China and Russia and Ukraine and all these other things, and you know, doing all that, that's I guess there's a certain kind of thrill to all that.
Speaker 2: But even that can't match up to the power of the presidency in the White House. But I digress. Let me see.
Speaker 1: The Biden's fine charade continued even after Spencer Special counsel Robert Hurr said a jury would see Biden as an elderly man with a poor memory, and Biden himself began repeatedly calling world leaders by names.
Speaker 2: Of their dead predecessors and who remembers.
Speaker 1: When that Robert Hurr report came out and it talked about the the severely diminished state that Biden was in, and it was evident during the during the depositions going on, then if that would have been any other president, if that would have been Donald Trump, that would have been a major, major news story that would not have gone away. But yet the the you know, the left wing media in this country just looks at that and says it just shrugged their shoulders at it, no big deal. The White House smeared all video proof of Biden's decline as cheap fakes and edited transcripts to erase signs of his constant memory issues. And I remember when these things were happening in real time, I was bringing them up with different guests I would have on seem to me, that's kind of a big deal. When the White House goes in and edits official transcripts of what the president said. These are historical documents of the words that the President said in meetings, during speeches, any other event. Anytime the President speaks, those words are recorded, and those words are now forever changed because of what the White House and the staff did there to do, what to cover up for what we all obviously saw and heard. Let's see, at every turn, spineless in the tank, journalists obediently did team by propagandist dirty work right up until the debate when Biden's sinility became too unmistakable to continue denying. Now they're acting bashful, but it's far too late to salvage their shredded credibility. XMSNBC host Mehdi Hassan says he was embarrassingly wrong to say Republicans will regret helping spread the distorted image of Biden as a guy who was totally out of it. Leading up to the debate, progressive journalist Matt Iglesis said he thought Biden was going to prove his doubters wrong. Is it better or worse if they actually believed it? Democrat friendly journalists saw the same evidence as the rest of us that Biden was compromised, and instead of being skeptical asking questions putting the White House's feet to the fire doing their jobs, they joined the crusade to gaslight America. Secretary of Caroline Levitt says she intends to change to change up who gets preferred access to the White House briefings, allowing for non traditional voices like podcasters. Since legacy media completely unwilfully failed to cover one of the biggest stories of the decade that the President of the United States was unfit for office from day one and his entire staff was hiding it. That seems like a fair shake. No one who perpetrated, concealed, or ignored this growth test scandal should ever live it down.
Speaker 2: And the New York Post is right on the money with all of that.
Speaker 1: Six twenty six, A little late for a break, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs DE talk station, The.
Speaker 2: Truth and Nothing.
Speaker 9: But this is Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 26: And I said this last night, legacy media, And I said journalism is dead. In two thousand and seven and eight, all these conglomerates, all these big newspapers, New York Times, Washington Post, you name them, all of them, ABC, NBCCBS, all of them, you know, all these fake news you know channels together combined, they threw everything they had had this man to destroy him. And Donald Trump has defied every one of those critics. And he's he's still stun only standing, he's standing triumphantly. I mean, it really is an incredible thing.
Speaker 2: Keeping you on the straight path.
Speaker 9: Later today it's the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 26: All right, Ready for a home upgrade without the hassle. Well, give your home a fresh look in twenty twenty five with new custom window treatments thanks to our friends at blinds dot com, where real design experts make the complex. They make it very simple. If you have a complicated project, no problem, Blinds dot Com. They will make it simple, fast and easy. Schedule a free professional measure for you as well. Now think you need a designer to visit your home, you don't. Now shop from the comfort of your home on your schedule. I'll even send free samples right to your door. Is no question that shopping online will save you time and money and something we could all use a little bit more of, especially with the new year upon us, and since Blinds is so affordable, or you can change the look of your home for a great price. Blinds dot Com is covered over twenty five plus million windows, all back by their one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Now shop blinds dot com right now save up to forty percent off on select styles. Plus you get a free professional measure up to forty percent off limited time. Blinds dot Com Rules and restrictions may apply.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD Talk station six point thirty on this Thursday morning, Damn Carol for Brian Thomas, glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Came in this morning and.
Speaker 1: Among some of the reports that Joe Strucker put in front of me is this one from NBC News. A well known South African game hunter dies after elephant falls on him. A well known South African game hunter died after an elephant, ravaged by gunshots collapsed on him at a Zimbabwe animal reserve. While on a ten day hunting expedition with several clients, fifty one year old big game hunter Atheneus Bota unknowingly came across the herd of breeding elephants near the Hawaang National Park. A spokesman so told the Associated Press the group spooped the herd and three elephant cows immediately charged at them, prompting both open fire on the animals. Now, if this guy is such an expert and has spent so much time in this area, how do they unknowingly come across the herd of elephants that is breeding. A fourth cow stormed at the group from the side, lifting Botha up with his trunk. One of the members of the group fired shots at the elephants, causing at the elephant, causing the animal to collapse on both the crushing him to death. Both and his wife Carique ran me Botha's big safari since nineteen eighty three. With private hunting ranches in South Africa. Mozambique and Zimbabwe both attatted his perfection of traditional European style driven hunts in South Africa, which used hounds to round up big game four hunter clients.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I don't have a problem with this. I I am not anti hunting.
Speaker 27: I am.
Speaker 1: This story reminds me of a video that I saw several years ago. And Joe, I don't know if you saw this video, but there was a couple that was out there, I suppose in Africa, and they were on a hunting trip and they had taken down a male lion looked like a you know, a really mature male lion, and so they're setting up their camera and you can and there and there you can see their video and they're setting up their camera to get a selfie with themselves and the and the lion that they had taken down. And so they're they're, you know, they're scrambling around, moving around, getting this picture all set up, and all of a sudden, they look off to their side and they're questioning what is that? Was there something over there? And from the side of the frame you see a lion come charging in and jump on these two hunters, and I believe that lion killed both of them. I think the I think the story was is that it may have been the brother of the lion that they killed, or the lion that took them out was a relative of the lion that they killed. But big game hunting like this, going out and shooting elephants, going out and shooting lions, these magnificent animals and that roam the planes of Africa. Never been a fan of that. Don't understand it. I don't think do people kill lions and elephants to survive?
Speaker 3: Do they do?
Speaker 2: They they need to eat those things for survival.
Speaker 1: I don't equate that with people who go out and hunting big game, uh you know, elk and and these other animals out in the the great western Great Northwest of the United States. I just don't equate that it's the same thing. Maybe maybe I'm missing the boat there, but it, you know, just this going out for the sake of the hunt and the sake of taking down one of these magnificent creatures just something that never appealed to me. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way. Maybe there's some benefit that I don't see from it. But I just it just kind of it's the whole, that whole notion of doing that just sort of rubs me the wrong way and my way of my way of thinking going out, you know, hunting deer or rabbits or squirrel here in Ohio or Kentucky or Indiana, pheasant hunting things like that. You know, the majority of those hunters use those animals and take the meat from them and feed people and all the rest of that.
Speaker 2: That that, to me, is is different than.
Speaker 1: Going out and taking down a lion or some magnificent creature on the plains of Africa. So this guy, I guess maybe it's fitting that all the elephants he's killed, that's how he met his end. And I don't have a problem with that at all. Six thirty six Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC The Talks Days is fifty five KRC the Talks Station, six thirty nine.
Speaker 2: On a Thursday. That feels like a Monday.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year to you, even though the New Year didn't really get off to a great start. I haven't heard of any any other terrorist activity taking place today, so we'll see what happens there. Three years, the three years we've been in these studios, and the monitors in this in this room still don't shown anything on television. I don't even know why they're in here. We got these big, giant, what are these show about? Fifty five INCHHU TV screens in here something like that, and you can't you can't see anything on it, not hooked up to any cable or anything.
Speaker 2: It blows my mind. It's a you know what I'm doing, what I'm doing radio shows.
Speaker 1: I like to have the TV on it. If there's some breaking news I like. But Jo's Joe's monitoring things in there. If there's any breaking news, yeah, he will tell me about it. Here's something that's going to happen that's going to be thoroughly disgusting. Joe Biden is going to bestow the second highest civilian medal, the second highest civilian honor, onto Liz Cheney and Benny Thompson, the lawmakers who led the congressional investigation into the January sixth Capitol riot by Donald Trump supporters and who Trump said or who Trump has said, should be jailed. Biden will award the Presidential Citizens Medal to twenty people in a ceremony today at the White House, including Americans who fought for marriage equality, a pioneer in treating wounded soldiers. Two of the president's longtime friends for said, former Senator Ted Kaufman and Chris Dodd of both the Connecticut or I'm sorry, Kaufin's from Delaware, DoD is from Connecticut. Biden said he believes these Americans are bonded by their common decency and committed to serving others. The White House said in a statement, the country's better because of their dedication and sacrifice. Really, do you believe that Liz Cheney is displayed common decency and is committed to serving others the way she ran that committee? And now that we know the true about and look and we knew the truth about that committee from day one. Biden last year honored people who were involved in defending the capital from rioters or who helped safeguard the will of American voters during the I mean this is a piece. This piece was written by MSNBC, so you know why it's written in such a way. Biden last year honored people involved in defending the Capitol who helped safeguard the will of American voters during the twenty twenty presidential election, Trump tried and failed to overturn the results. Cheney, who was a Republican representative from Wyoming, and Thompson, a Missouri or Mississippi Democrat, led the House.
Speaker 2: Committee that probed the insurrection.
Speaker 1: Cheney later said she would vote for Democrat President Kamala Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: We know how that worked out.
Speaker 1: Let's see, Trump, who won the twenty twenty four election and will take office January twenty, still refuses to back away from his lies about the twenty twenty presidential race. So this is a thoroughly disgusting display that is going to take place at the White House today. And do you think Liz Cheney deserves a medal for what she did for the And they love to look at Cheney and Kinziger, who were on that committee and talk about, oh my god, that was a bipartisan committee. That committee, Well, do you mean it's you know, you got Republicans, you've got Democrats on.
Speaker 2: There, and they really they really did the job. Although you look.
Speaker 1: At the real reporting and what really happened about January sixth, and all the information that has come out subsequent to and all the information that was ignored, all the documents that were destroyed. I was talking to Dave Hatter about that a week or so ago, a terror byte of information down the wormhole, down the drain, thanks to Liz Cheney, And I said, how much effort does it take to get rid of a terror byte of information? He said he it takes some effort that doesn't happen by automatically or incidentally hitting delete when you're on your keyboard. You want to talk about a bipartisan committee, look at the one that did the work on the weaponization of Congress. You've got Jim Jordan was a chairman of that. The ranking member on the Democrat side was none other than Stacey Plaskett, and if you've seen her in operation, she is a hardcore leftist. And then you've got other members of that committee on the Republican side, Thomas Massey, elisaphonic. You've got Dan Bishop, who was awesome, Warren Davidson was on that committee, Harriet Hagman who's terrific. On the Democrats side, you've got people like Debbie Wasserman Schultz. You don't get any more hardcore leftist than that. You've got people like Dan Goldman, who was an absolute clown and a fool. It is chilling for the Biden administration. And you've got Jasmine Crockett who was so out of the mainstream, so far left wing, that she couldn't even win re election. So that's what a true bipartisan committee looks like, not this sham of a committee that was the January Sex committe And then they're going to be honored today.
Speaker 2: By this guy in the White House. I mean, it makes an.
Speaker 1: Absolute mockery and just cheapens what these things are really supposed to be about. And Joe Biden's going to do this on behalf of the American people, you, me, and everyone else, and it's absolutely disgraceful. Yeah, I'm late for a break here, so let's go ahead and do that now. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas fifty five KRCV.
Speaker 2: He talks about.
Speaker 1: Six fifty on this Thursday morning. So they'll be this ceremony at the White.
Speaker 2: House today and.
Speaker 1: Thankfully there will be some other news events that may overshadow this ceremony that's going to happen to the White House today. And Joe Biden's giving these medals out, you know, he loves to do that kind of stuff. Maybe do a little fondling while, you know, while this is going on, and all the White House staff is going to be there and they'll be a plotting and and well, you know, we'll we'll see the great coverage from MSNBC and CNN and all these one now and then we get to relive all the horrible things that Donald Trump did on January six Well, you know what, there are other reports that are out on January sixth talking about and we know for a fact that Donald Trump called for more security on that day in the form of National Guard troops. We know that these orders are not orders, but these recommendations were ignored by people that were working for him.
Speaker 2: And I found it interesting the other day that the mayor of d C.
Speaker 1: I talked about how she had a meeting with Donald Trump, strolling through my list here to see if I know I had that headlin in here. Mure Bowser had that meeting with Donald Trump, and she's, oh, yeah, we had a great meeting. So even after all the thing, and she was one who was supposed to sign off on additional security measures at the Capitol that day and said no. And you know, they didn't like the optics of it was the excuse that they had. So all those lies again about January sixth, are going to be relief relived today. What else is going on? I was talking about the Judiciary Committee and their Weaponization Report, or the report about the weaponization of the government, and it is seventeen thousand pages long. Just a little light reading. Joe, you've read the whole thing, haven't you? Just seventeen thousand pages? I don't think he has. But that's a lot of reading. But if you go to there's a there's a part on their website where they've got and it really it is a series of separate reports all combined into one, and it goes down the list and I'll just read some of the headlines here the Biden Border crisis. New data and testimony show how the Biden administration opened the Southwest border and abandoned interior immigration enforcement fighting, the weaponization of the Internal Revenue Service, end of abuse of unannounced field visits, the weaponization of disinformation, pseudo experts and bureaucrats, How the federal government partnered with universities to censor americans free speech, the FBI's breach of religious freedom, the weaponization of law enforcement against Catholic Americans, and so all these and I'm going to talk to I sent this list to Kurt Hartman, and each and every one of these is an absolute scandal. Let's see. Let's see, here's one that I haven't looked at. New information and testimony from the Biden administration officials revealed disregard for a potential gang affiliation of UACs. Let's see, Incentivized by the Biden administration's open border policies, increasing numbers of unaccompanied alien children have traveled to the Southwest border. Since twenty twenty one, Customs and Border Protection has encountered more than eight million illegal aliens along the Southwest border, more than a half million of whom have been UAC's unaccompanied alien children. Under the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of two thousand and eight, UACs from non contiguous countries who are encountered along the border are referred to are referred by Customs and Border Patrol to the Office of Refugee Resettlement or to the Department of Health and Human Services. So this goes on to talk about, you know, all these individuals, and here are some of their findings. HHS did not conduct any audit of the case files for these the UAC who murdered Kayla Hamilton, despite having released Kayla's Murder and Alien with gang tattoos and a history of illicit association with MS thirteen to a sponsor, HSS told the committee that it does not have a policy to refer known or suspected gang members to the Department of Justice.
Speaker 3: So this is just.
Speaker 1: Examining one of the many, many, many flaws that infect our immigration system. And Karine John Pierre has the the hutspled to stand up there and talk about how our immigration system was broken before Joe.
Speaker 2: Biden got in the office. Really, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So we gotta get to a break and then we'll talk with Dan Hills on the other side of this and get his take on what happened in New Orleans and so much more. As we roll on, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC, The talk station.
Speaker 2: Your Voice, Your Country for Reasonable American fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 11: Dedicated one to the ladies. Sometimes, Zip Babe need some Nick keep you cool?
Speaker 9: I'm now summertime.
Speaker 11: Zip Babe needs something Nick Keep you cool. Better look in now though, Dave's got something you tell you what it is?
Speaker 9: Time you remain in stymy way and.
Speaker 1: A basin Little van Halen for on a Thursday morning, Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Actually does this song on karaoke one Hold On, and we had some fun with it.
Speaker 9: But caps.
Speaker 1: This is now officially known as the walk up music for the one time f op's president and our friend here at fifty five k r C and Dan Hills, how was that walk up music for you?
Speaker 2: Happy New Year, buddy? How you've been.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well. I'm doing well. I have not heard that in decades. You crack yeah, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Joe Strucker tells me that's your walk up music. So that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Joe, Joe gets to make such decisions.
Speaker 1: What can we say, Well, if Joe Strucker says it, then it's gospel. It cannot be it cannot be changed or amended in any way. But it's great to have you on, Dan. I mean, you've got so many irons in the fire. Tell us what what Dan Hills is up to these days?
Speaker 3: Well, I do work for a a small department and what we call an auxiliary position. I don't like bringing my politics that small department. I don't take the chief wood, so I'll leave the name of the department off. And then my wife and I run a small security thing for a school that has several campuses. I don't want to bring my politics into that work there on leave, that'side. But the one that I'll talk up only about is frontline Advisors, and that's where I work alongside some attorneys, and we represent police and corrections union unions. We have as our main contracts Middletown Fairfield Fops as two fops, and then we have Butler County Corrections and hand to County Corrections, and we're always we're always looking for more game. We're always looking for more.
Speaker 1: I always got there. There's always more out there. But you know, when when incidents like what happened yesterday happened, you're one of the first people that I reach out to in situations like this, and I couldn't help think. You know, here in Cincinnati that when we know we're going to have thousands of people out on the street late at night there and there's a you know, there's a situation going to whether it's a whether it's opening day, whether it's october Fest, Tasta Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: You name the event.
Speaker 1: It seems to me that we do a good job around here of making sure that there's not going to be any vehicles that can get on to those streets where these events are taking place. It seems to me like that is a very basic concept when it comes to securing an area like this, and the fact that that was overlooked or somehow there were lapses and that sort of security down in New Orleans, it just it just doesn't sit right.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel right to me.
Speaker 3: What say you, Yeah, I thought i'd be repeating something that's Raybin said today, But you know, the everybody on social media keeps quote the same port over and over again that you shouldn't be able to go around or defeat barriers because they're no longer barriers, right. I think it's probably indictable that they did not that they did not have these barriers up, or they did not complete barriers across certain streets left a sidewalk open. I mean, that's just unimaginable. I think I mentioned to you in text. You know, I've noticed over the years and even over the decades, especially since nine to eleven, it appears that New York City has got this down to a science. They bring sand filled trucks, municipal trucks, maybe the same ones that they use for snow emergencies or whatever, but they put so much weight to them that nothing like this could have ever got by New York. Now, as far as Cincinnati goes, I have to I have to bag out a little bit because I never was a sign downtown and I've never worked a lot of details. This isn't my sumption. Maybe one of my cards might call in and disagree, But I think one of the reasons they moved a lot of stuff from the streets of downtown all the way down to the parks and by the riverside is because it was easier to secure. Not only did you not have to stop traffic flow and all that stuff. I think things like this are a lot more difficult to ever been able to pull off down at those down at those parks. I don't think you can easily get in a vehicle into those places because we've kind of gone away from the closing down the streets for things like tastes and stuff, and we've moved all that stuff down to Sawyer Point and the big parks down there, So I think we're better off in Cincinnati. It's, like I just admitted, not my area of expertise. I do think that if you want to see who really does it well and how it's avoided any disasters in a long long time, it's New York City. And I think that had are gone a role and should role for whatever happened here in New Orleans that allowed a truck to go into an area that was just wall to wall people. And I've only been to New Orleans one time when for FOP convention, and I don't think it was overly busy when I was there, but I've seen the footage many many times in the Marti Gras and stuff like New Orleans. When you're talking about wall to wall people, you cannot he cannot physically allow a vehicle to be able to get around barricades, barriers and all this other stuff because it just leads to what this was, which was a killing field. This was this this this was you know, just an unspeakable carnage. And you know, I've seen some of the videos and didn't followed it real closely on social media. Uh you know, obviously then the Number one goes to the the evil the Eagle. You know, I can't say stuff on the radio that I'd like to about this this guy, but right behind him and any associates he might have had, my anger goes towards just the incompetence of whatever their plan or lack thereof, for keeping vehicles out of urban street.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, let's say it's well, let's say that Cincinnati was going to have a big event that that was going to draw national attention, much like what was going on in New Orleans. They had the college football game National Center Quarterfinal with Notre Dame University and the University of Georgia happening at the Supernome. So that that is an event and we should I was just reading a story earlier today about how a year ago the Rand Corporation put out a report pointing out the vulnerabilities we have in these exact areas and pointing out this exact sort of attack that can happen. And it seems to me that when you have a national something that is worthy of a national event, a big event is going to be on national television. The eyes of the country are going to be upon New Orleans for a period of time that is a prime target right there, and so there is It seems to me there's naturally coordination with Homeland Security with you know, you name the federal agency, uh, the FBI, to see whatever whatever the agency it is that and I imagine that happens here. It happens in any major city where there is a national event that requires additional security and it and I hate, I hate to criticize police, the men and women on the street who are doing the job, but you can, and it's not taking long here.
Speaker 2: You can. We can go right up the ladder and we.
Speaker 1: See leadership failure after leadership failure, and the innocent people on the street are the ones who wind up paying the price for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I have no problem at all saying that there there's some people there that obviously need to be looked at hard, starting with the police chief there and and then her command staff, the ones that were in charge of that district. Uh they have a special events section like we do in Cincinnati. Those are all people that I would hope had been the training, had you know, the years of experience, they know that this This is not the first time that I think vehicles have probably caused damage to persons in New Orleans. I would say it's probably happened before with a drunk or something like that that you heard the chief right away, she said, well, this isn't you know a case with the DUI. I think we had something some decades ago in Cincinnati where a drunk went through some some barricades, you know, ones that were meant to tell people the stuff up, but not physically strong enough to stop vehicles. So we've had that here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, some of the places I currently work have, uh, these these concrete bears and baffles because you know, they they they know that their community might be one that is marked for for terrorist attacks. And so there's a lot of places that have built these these type of barriers that physically prevent even you know, a good sized pickup truck or god Forbids and Mike gets a hold of something like a dump truck or whatever from from from going up and making contact to a building. So they're protecting a building. But when you're protecting a street that normally is open to traffic, you know you've got to get a vented and go right back to New York. I heard them saying when they're talking about the ball dropping on on on New Year's Eve, that they they they block the streets and I'm imagine they're probably, uh, you know, just a couple of feet apart from one another, so uh, walking traffic can get through. But they put these these great, big municipal trucks stilled with sand. So that evil There I go again, trying to think of words I can say, but I can't on the radio that that that evil thug could not have gotten his pickup truck down to run people over if he would have tried to do the same thing in New York City. I don't believe he could have done it.
Speaker 1: Up pick up trug with the ISIS flag on the back, Absolutely amazing. How yeah, close to that area, Dan Hill, stay right there. We got to get to a quick break and we'll continue with you on the other side. Fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 2: Have you taken your family to fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC the Talk Station. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, continuing our conversation with Dan Hills, one time president of the FOP Cincinnati Police and Dan, I guess it's good that nor Orland turned the investigation over to the FBI since the police chief herself back in August actually hit a couple of pedestrians when she was when she was driving through the French Quarter. So maybe not the best person to investigate an incident like this.
Speaker 9: And another of them.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't None of this should be something to laugh about. But that is one thing that does does make you chuckle, that they're that there. Police chief is also known for running folks over. Just back to why I'm saying, you know, let's not forget about the uh walka shaw is that how it's pronounced.
Speaker 2: That was a couple of a couple of Christmases ago, yep.
Speaker 3: Yees, six six people uh killed there? And then you know what, I didn't know until I just ran. And you're gonna find this hard to believe, Dan, I'm reading an MSNBC article.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever go to s NBC for my news. But they came right up when I when I just ran at the break passed attacks such as these right And did you know in China in November that a driver rammed his car into a crowd at a sports center. I am not going to try to pronounce the Chinese City, but they killed thirty five people and severely injured forty three. The Deadly's attacks one of the deadly's attacks in contemporary China. It recently happened in London, Ontario. And so this is something you're asking about Cincinnati's readiness for it, and I don't have the complete answer for you. I think we're a lot better than we used to be. I think not not to be a dead horse, but I think New York's probably the best. And they, you know, terrible things happen, and all of a sudden, you learn to get real good. And obviously nine to eleven caught in New York City that they have to they have to prevent these these type of attacks the best they can, and knowing that vehicles is a very very common weapon, they've made themselves ready. And then go back to Cincinnati and all the other cities across this country. You know, with your was your president Joe Biden, letting all these people in across the border. I think everybody who is in charge of events, whether it's in Cincinnati, Louisville, Indianapolis, or wherever, needs to be very conscious of this. And and I hope we never ever see again that a police chief gets on the microphone and says, also, I just defeated our barriers. You know you can't. You can't have barriers that are defeated or they're not barriers anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, the mayor said that they've got these ballards that they use, and somehow these ballards were not functioning properly. So you know, they'll be ready in time for the super Bowl. They just weren't ready in time for New Year's Eve. And I'm thinking of my you know, these are posts that go into the ground. There's not a lot of moving parts there. I don't know how they can not be operable. I think someone needs to look into that flimsy excuse for not having the proper barriers in place. But I mean, how many wake up calls do we need in this country. I was talking earlier about a report that came out a year ago from the Rand Corporation, and they describe soft targets like this, and they describe, you know that it's one thing to be trying to prevent people from flying jetliners into places like the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, but the low level stuff like someone who wants to drive a vehicle into a crowd of people. Those are the kind of things that we really need to be on our toes for. So a year ago, you know, these warnings went out to Department of Homeland Security police departments across the country, and this should be yet another wake up call that we really need to the people who get paid, the people who spend their time concentrating on these sorts of things that this is. You know, this is not a wasted exercise that that you know, there are again, there are real life consequences for when even there's even the tiniest laps in security like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you just said it, you know, wake up call. We're gonna have to stop using that term because if people aren't aware of this, yeah, all you got to do is run it on your Google search. And even even our friends that were at MSNBC are are are writing articles that said that says, this happens all the time. So we can't we can't play dumb anymore. We can't, you know, shrug our shoulders. I think what they're talking about in the really instantius say you're clear, is they actually have these doors that can come up, great big metal doors that can come up and block streets and for some reason those were not triggered apparently and uh some parts of around Bourbon Street and back to possibly indictable. We got to find out who who did not have those doors up and if if they're not functioning for this reason or that reason, then you got to block it with vehicles that that are you know, unable to be rammed or pushed out of the way by something as common as the pitch up truck. So they failed miserably, and you know, the list goes on and on. As I'm reading. You know, in twenty eighteen in Toronto, eleven people killed. But back in New York a bike path was a nice a nice Becky, a man who I think was supportive of the religion of Love and peace, killed eight people and injured eleven. Barcelona, Spain, thirteen people were a kill. So these these attacks are very, very common, and so we have to whenever we have a crowd. I think police departments across this country are going to have to find something better than just you know, putting up some cones.
Speaker 2: You know, cones, Yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: Stop somebody helping it on on on mass murder, so there will be no excuses anymore. And I think that it's it's it's oh, it's up to somebody, a public person like you, to keep putting us out that way, nobody can say they didn't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna do it at every opportunity, Dan, Can you hang around for one more segment. We got to get to a quick break here. The crime numbers came out for twenty twenty four in Cincinnati. I want to run those by you real quick. Yees, sure, okay, Dan Hill's He'll hang around for one more segment and we'll continue on fifty five KRC, the talk station What's up every seven thirty on this Thursday morning, as we talk with Dan Hills, and I'm told west Side Jim suggested this for your new Walcoup music.
Speaker 3: Dan, what do you think you're bringing all the heavy hitters. I'm telling you, man that Joe Strecker, now, Jim Jim Keeper. I mean, I can't debate with any of these folks. They are they're just too uh, they're they're too important for me to see debate at. Also, people whatever Joe and Jim decide.
Speaker 2: People love you in this town, man.
Speaker 1: They want you to have. They want you, They want to know when you're going to be around, But then I always appreciate you being here. The numbers have come out for twenty twenty four. When you look at crime numbers in Cincinnati overall, they say crime is down about six percent, which I guess you can take away that as good. But when you look at some of the some of the individual numbers, twelve percent increase in violent crimes, homicides are flat over the past three years. Seventy two people killed in Cincinnati in twenty twenty four, which to me sounds still like a pretty big number. I'd like to see that number drop off a lot. And things like aggravated assaults up eleven percent, violent crime, robbery up fourteen percent from twenty twenty three, rape was down twenty four percent. So a little bit of a mixed bag in these numbers that came out.
Speaker 2: What do you make of them?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I think that's a lot. There's a lot of things in numbers that are just kind of a flu when you're talking about a city the size of the sass that it's a bunch of times you get when the administration starts, city administration, police administration, they'll brag about a drop in shootings or homicides or whatever. I say, well, let's just wait till the next year, because if you manage to lock up the right handful of people, then all of a sudden, your statistics will will drop. I don't know if it's always necessarily a trend. In general, I think our trends are not real good as our criminal justice system becomes more and more broken. You said flat and homicides in seventy two. You know, that's that that has been a consistent number of in Cincinnati, sixty seventy some homicide a year. And when you're talking about a city of just a little over three hundred thousand people, I'm quite certain that probably puts us as far as murder rate goes, in the top twenty or so in the United States. So it's not it's not something that we want to go go bragging about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what you're going to hang your hat on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean and again that that number, just say, it sounds high to me in the to say to say that it's flat sort of sort of minimizes that number a little bit. I would like to see that number, you know, drop off by ten, fifteen, twenty twenty five people.
Speaker 3: Well, consider this thing, you know, when you look at the numbers, if you really talk about different periods of time in the city, go back to like the seventies when there was a half million people in the city or darn near and the medical care was so much different. And so if you got stabbed, because I think stabbings were more common than the seventies than shootings were, you probably got transported to the er by a couple of policemen in a scale car. Now you've got paramedics units, you have these incredible trauma centers. They saved so.
Speaker 28: Many lives of so many shooting victims that we have that, you know, God is if we had the same the same type of medical responses that we had, say in nineteen seventy five, that we have with with today's violence, can you.
Speaker 3: Imagine how many homicides we'd have. We'd probably have, you know, north of one hundred and fifty homicides. So there is way way too much violence in our city. And one of my favorite things I always bring up is whenever the left it's about gun control, which makes me want to pull my by al Bryle's out is that they won't. They want gun laws, more gun laws, hold that we don't enforce the one of the best gun laws we have, which is weapons under disability. So, Dan Carroll, if you get yourself convicted of a felony, you're no longer allowed to possess a firearm. And we have it every day. I would say, in Cincinnati, multiple arrest of people with weapons under disability, and what do the local judges and courts and corrections do to them here in Cincinnati in the general term, the answer is nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just slap on the slap on the wrist, or back out on the street.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people would be surprised by the number of criminals in this in this area who have already been in the system, through the system, been convicted of this, been convicted that's spent a little time behind bars that, and it really is a relatively small number of people that commit the majority of crimes around here.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, I don't do well putting together statistics, but I'd love to see the statistics. We have great homicide investigators here in the city since then, and we still close the majority of our house sides. How many of those folks that have been convicted of homicide had previously been convicted under my favorite crime that I like to talk about, weapons under disabilities. Yeah, and I was at a very high percentage. And what happened to him when they got convicted about probably.
Speaker 2: Next to nothing.
Speaker 3: And so we keep letting these folks in and out the revolving door, and then we sit there and act surprise one. We see that there's seventy two homicides and god knows how many shootings in our you know, relatively medium sized city.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Dan Hill's with that. We will let you go, sir as.
Speaker 1: Always appreciate the time and keep up the great work, and we will talk again, hopefully not before too long. But and I mean the the you know, these things, these incidents like what happened in New Orleans. I mean, these things have to stop. And it just to my way of thinking that you've got to take the action on the front end so we don't wind up with the results like this on the back end.
Speaker 3: I agree one hundred percent. Dan, look forward to the next time we talk.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go.
Speaker 1: Dan Hill's former president of the FOP and always great to have him on. Appreciate the time as always. Seven thirty six Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five krc DE Talk station.
Speaker 2: His Ryan Thomas here for four.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc DE Talks Station, seven forty Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas five one, three, seven.
Speaker 2: Four, nine, fifty five hundred. If you want to get on board, baby.
Speaker 1: We were talking earlier about the Biden administration and the things that are going to thwart the Trumpet Minute stration as they come in.
Speaker 2: Here's another one of them.
Speaker 1: The Biden administration frantically trying to dole out as many billions of dollars as possible to fund so called green initiatives and do so in a way that incoming President Donald Trump cannot reverse. So the national media is going to talk when it's time for Biden to go, We're going to talk about what a great statesman, what a you know, peaceful transfer of power, this is how it's done. We're gonna have to relive all the January sixth stuff. You know that Biden's gonna give Liz Cheney a metal today for carrying his water on the January sixth Committee and all the rest of it.
Speaker 2: But when you look at what this administration is doing.
Speaker 1: And a judge just told this administration last week that they had to stop selling parts of what Joe, you saw that, dan'ea the sale that they were taking the parts of the World Wall that have been rusting out there in the desert for the last four years. Yeah, pennies on the dollar and ridiculously low prices. A judge told him they had to stop doing that. Apparently we need more judges who tell who should tell them to stop doing stuff that's going to make Trump's life a living hell when he gets in office, at least that's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: So I mean, is that very statesman like to allow your and.
Speaker 1: I keep talking about I talk about this guy as if he's responsible for what is happening under his administration, and it's in a technical sense he is responsible for it, But in a practical sense, we know that he is probably for the most part, absolutely clueless as to what the people around him are up to and what they are doing. On Tuesday, the Department of Energy announced that it will provide a record fifteen billion dollars low interest loan commitment to California utility company PG and E through its energy infrastructure Reinvestment Project created by Biden's dubiously titled Inflation Reduction Act. EIR supports roads and that retool, repower, repurpose to replace energy infrastructure, and that enable operating energy infrastructure to avoid, reduce, utilize, sequester air pollutants or greenhouse gases. The loan will support hundreds of projects aimed at fighting the effect of climate change and improving the electrical grid.
Speaker 2: The Wall Street General reports the Biden.
Speaker 1: Administration has already made more than forty two point four billion dollars in loan commitments and is feverishly working to add to that total.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is just beyond sick, and.
Speaker 1: They are just trying to shovel money out the door as fast as possible. I saw a report last week that lawmakers in the state of California have gone to Pete Buddha Judge asking boota Judge, the Secretary of Transportation, and he's got how many untold billions at his disposal thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act. But he's got all this money that he can ladle out, and they're asking him for hundreds of millions more for the high speed rail system in California, and they want this done before what before Trump gets into office, because they know he's going to say no ba but nah, it is time to shut this kind of stuff down. But this is the kind of petty, low level bush league stuff that is going on throughout this administration. A week or so ago, we learned that they put out the Biden administration did put out feelers for hiring DEI executives in all these different departments of the federal government. They want to get all these people in place. When DEI is starting to go down the crap hole. We've got company after company that is getting rid of their DEI infrastructure. Universities all across the country are saying no more DEI. They've wasted untold millions of dollars on these initiatives and they're not getting any bang for the buck out of it. And so the whole DEI thing is winding down itself under its own weight. It is grinding to a halt because it is completely unsustainable, and with the Trump administration, that is only going to be accelerated. And so they are doing everything they can to push their agenda and have it linger as as long as possible in the Trump administration. I mean it is sick, it is petty, and it is small. And again the national media and maybe I'll read that piece from the New York Post again that lied to us from day one about the cognitive abilities of this president is going to do it again when it's time for him to step away.
Speaker 2: Seven seven forty six.
Speaker 1: Now Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRSD talk stations.
Speaker 2: It's open enrollment. Maybe you're looking at one of the three year.
Speaker 1: D night first wondering weather forecast mostly cloudy, a high today.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Snow expected to start tonight or during the overnight hours, maybe an inch on the ground by eight o'clock tomorrow morning, and the overnight low twenty eight. Partleer, cloudy on Friday.
Speaker 2: Going to get cold.
Speaker 1: I I have only thirty three and really cold as we head it to Saturday, with an overnight low of eighteen. It is at fifty five KRCV talk station from the.
Speaker 6: Uc UP Traffic Center. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the region's first and only provider of specialized primary care services for cancer patients and survivors.
Speaker 2: Called five one three five eighty five.
Speaker 6: Uc c C report of an accident north PND two seventy five between Kilby and seventy four. I'm not seeing a huge delay as of yet. They're on the left side, broken down in the center lane northbound seventy five near Union Center. Back in traffic towards to seventy five. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 9: You get a ship in the duck gets raining in the pubs.
Speaker 1: Meantime, fifty five KRC DE talk station.
Speaker 2: Dan Carroll in for Ryan Thomas, brought some audio with me. I want to play it.
Speaker 1: One is on CNN, and then one of the things I do when you know, I watch a lot of Fox News and but one of the things I do when I get ready for these shows is I and I'd probably do this in my even if I wasn't on on radio, but I flip around to MSNBC and CNN, and I'll probably watch more than my fair share of c spam because I'm just that that's the way I'm wired. I CA's I mean, I will watch these procedures in the Senate and the House, and a lot of times they're taking votes and you got people standing, and I'll look around there, you know, there's that static shot of the floor of the Senate or the floor of the House when they're taking the votes, and I'll and I'll just look to see if I can identify these senators and see who's talking to who, and try to read the body language and figure out what they're talking about. But one of the things that has been happening on CNN lately, and CNN their numbers are just abysmal. I mean, they're getting beat by the Food Channel, they're getting beat by a Nickelodeon, they're getting a CNN. Their numbers are just in the crapper and MSNBC is not far behind him. One of the things that CNN has done over the last oh I'm gonna say it's been about five six months, maybe maybe not that long, but they've got a guy on Scott Jennings, and I believe he was a member of Congress or a staffer at one time in Congress, and he is a conservative voice and I'm just as smart as a whip. And this is an appearance he made. He's a contributor to a lot of their different shows, so he appears on a lot of the different panels that CNN puts on and his analysis has been absolutely on point, absolutely killer. And this is him laying out some common sense on CNN when he was asked about Elon Musk. And just listen to this and I'll give you my thoughts on this after we roll this cut. Joe, that's cut number three. Let's hear that you have.
Speaker 29: Concerns about Elon Musk's business dealings in other countries, including American adversaries, and the level of influence that has over his own behavior and his interest.
Speaker 2: I have no concerns about Elon Musk.
Speaker 22: I have been looking at pictures of Joe Biden and Hunter Biden meeting with Chinese political leaders lately that we.
Speaker 2: Were told didn't exist.
Speaker 22: So for all the people who were really upset about Elon Musk having a very successful international business that actually produces things, actually produces vehicles or rockets or whatever they're doing, the Biden's produced nothing, and yet we're also doing business in China.
Speaker 4: I don't have this.
Speaker 29: I don't want you to change the subject, because it's not really about whether he's successful business person or not. It's about whether his material interests as a business owner are in conflict with the United States as nationals.
Speaker 22: My view is. My view is his prospects and interest as a business owner, and most of the things he's into electric cars, rockets, the Internet that we're using all over the world. It's good for the United States to be the warehouse for that. It's good for our national security to have this kind of technology. I just the idea that there is somehow a conflict in the United States having this kind of a businessman and that's somehow bad for us, I just totally rejected.
Speaker 1: So there's Scott Jennings on CNN, and you get a really good flavor for the kind of commentary that this guy in Jacks. And there's so many people at CNN who have been doing these panels and then hosting these shows for such a time now that they are totally unacquainted with the idea that someone is going to counter the narrative that they are putting out there. And I can play cut after cut, sound by after SoundBite of Scott Jennings getting into it with another panelist on that show, and so when she he flat out really, I mean, the commentary here is brilliant. I mean, the notion that we should be concerned about Elon Musk and his influence on Donald Trump and whether or not it's going to conflict with his business interests or he's certainly, you know, just looking out for what's best for his business and screwing over the American people. And Scott Jennings throws it right back in her face and he says, you know, I'm looking at pictures of Joe Biden meeting with his son's Chinese business partners. And we have been told again since before this administration started, that these things never happened. That look, Hunter, Biden is just a businessman, you know, people doing business overseas. Nothing unusual about that, nothing to get excited about. You know, when when Don when Donald Trump does it, well there's something nefarious about something that's underhanded or shady. But when when Joe Hiden's son does it, it's no problem whatsoever. And then of course the lie after lie after lie about him not meeting with these people.
Speaker 2: So Scott Jennings and the fact that this makes headlines in.
Speaker 1: The circles that I look at and the things that I look at should tell you an awful lot about how dishonest and how you know, uh undiverse that CNN has been for a long, long time, especially when it comes to diversity of thought.
Speaker 2: He is seven fifty five.
Speaker 1: We got to get to a break news coming up top of the hour, and then we'll be talking to Kurt Hartman on the other side of this all kinds of political things and maybe some terrorist stuff and whatever else comes to mind during that conversation, so I hope you can stick around for that.
Speaker 2: Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Stations your voice than your.
Speaker 10: Country, refreshing here it every day.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the Talk Station. This report is sponsored by our American.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs C the Talk Station eight o five. On this Thursday morning, as we rock out the van Hanlon, thank you Joe's record. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas, and Brian Thomas is back on Monday, is that right, Joe Monday?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And then who we got in tomorrow? N Kevin Gordon will be here tomorrow, so we're looking forward to that. But right now I am looking forward to talking to the one time Hamilton County common please court judge and buddy of the show, and buddy of of me and all the radio shows that I do, and always great to have this guy on for his commentary on things and Kurt Hartman, Happy New Year to you, and how are how are year.
Speaker 5: You doing good? Thank you good?
Speaker 2: Where do you want to start this morning? I mean twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: I go, I went into this year thinking that we're going to be able to put twenty twenty four in the rear view mirror. There was a lot of horrible stuff that happened there. And then I get up on New Year's Day and I see some dude on the subway in New York City pushing a guy in front of a train. There's, you know, a celebration in New Orleans where fifteen people wind up dead because this guy, this terrorist, is driving his truck down a street that somehow the barriers weren't erected that should have been there. And then we see a let me see, we've got a Tesla vehicle, the signature vehicle of of Elon Musk, parked in front of a Trump hotel in Los Angeles that that blows up, kills the driver of that vehicle, injures other people. Uh, should we be should we be getting the message here? Should we be getting a little bit of a wake up call?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 27: And it was it was Las Vegas, not Los Agles, Las Vegas, okay, right, And it was.
Speaker 5: A rented they were you know, they were all rented vehicles.
Speaker 27: Interesting New Orleans and Las Vegas and that. Yeah, it's just, you know, I think we're going to see more of that stuff. I think, you you know, even though I think the uh guy in New Orleans and New Orleans was you know, uh a Native American, et cetera. But with this massive McGray shot, you know, this stuff is rarely just a powder keg ready to go off because we've had so many people over the past four years, you know, immigrating into this country or illegally crossing into this.
Speaker 5: Country more accurately, uh with with no no no vetting people. A lot of got aways, I mean millions of gataways that we have no clue who they are.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I think and I think good the Trump administration's kind in Tom Holman as the incoming you know, borders are really committed to straightening the uh dasco that was the Biden administration for the past four years.
Speaker 5: So I think it's just we're telling what I think really needs to happen.
Speaker 27: I think hopefully the American those who might have had doubts might say, hey, there's more serious stuff going on.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, we really need to get control.
Speaker 27: Get control of the border, get the rest of the border wall built, et cetera.
Speaker 5: So, uh yeah, disappointing, you know, sad way to.
Speaker 27: Start the new years for everybody, but especially for the people and their families who were impacted by these events. You know, but I think there's a certain level of but there's a certain level of optimism I think really for most people, uh.
Speaker 5: With with Trump coming in.
Speaker 27: I have said, you know, the benefit that I think Trump has, uh having having sat out a term, is he's coming in.
Speaker 5: He's bringing a whole new late of people in to his administration.
Speaker 27: You know, if he had simply won re election at twenty twenty or it would have been more continuation of the same. I think part of the swamp would have been there still within the administration undermining him. But the fact that he was out of office for four years, he's now know, he's smarter, he knows what he knows the game, he knows there's those elements that are trying to undermine him, and so he's able to bring his team in committed to his agenda, to the agenda that the American people.
Speaker 5: Voted for in November.
Speaker 27: And so I think that that is the one benefit we have going in with in a few weeks here when Trump takes the oath of office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk a little bit about how remarkable it is that Trump actually was able to win with all the all the forces that were arrayed against him. But just to finish up my thought on what's happening with the border, I find it interesting this argument that for so long now this administration, the Obama administration, whenever places like Texas would take steps to try to secure their border. And I know Obama, the administration there under a Republican governor in Arizona sued those states, saying that those states are interfering with the enforcement of federal law when it comes to trying to take steps on their own. Now we have the specter of Tom Homan, and he's going to come in and engage in this mass deportation. And we have so many different individuals across You've got Pritzker in Illinois, You've got the governor of Washington State and Oregon saying that they are going to fight tooth and Nail. I think Hochel and New York has said the same thing, that they're going to do everything they can to prevent these deportations from from taking place. Doesn't this sort of fall under the same thing that that this is the jurisdiction of federal law enforcement and not state law enforcement. How are they going to going to reconcile those two ideas if this thing really hits the fan the way it possibly could.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I wonder how what what are they really going to be able to do?
Speaker 27: You know, these governors, these Democrats city mayors who are basically saying, we're going to do whatever we can to stop Trump. How are they going to be able to do that and not run foul of federal criminal law themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that they think they almost act like they're so immune. They're you know, no one can touch us.
Speaker 27: Yeah, legally, but you know, they start doing certain things and certain acts that start aiding and abetting the violation of federal immigration law.
Speaker 5: There they are committing criminal acts.
Speaker 27: And I think Trump and Tom Molmer a kind of in a no nonsense attitude. I think the American people are in no nonsense attitude about the whole immigration fiasco, that of the Biden administration that hey, they'll go after them criminally and that they okay find you. That's that's kind of force you. And it's not a political retribution. It's not really the lawfare again against them. It's like you violated the law. You're vile, you're undermining. You're not only undermining, but you're actually taking proactive steps to to interfere with federal law enforcement. Trump administration, I could see bringing some criminal cases against public officials who engage in activities like that. And I think they're gonna be looking at, you know, the non governmental organizations that are been that have been made billions if you will offer this whole open borders of the Biden administration, you know, which is even gets into you know, into child child traffic and child sex trafficking, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know they've got now. I think the lightest number I heard was about half.
Speaker 27: A million children who came up across the border who they cannot account for where they are. Tom Holmes, to President Trump's credit, and and you know Tom Holman has said, you know he's getting get.
Speaker 5: The three priorities from President Trump.
Speaker 27: You know, one is to restore the border, build the board back up, or get control of the border. The second is the deportations, especially of the criminal elements that have.
Speaker 5: Flooded this country.
Speaker 27: And the third element is find these half million children that are unaccounted for, because you've got to know most of them, a lot of them are basically being being sex trafficked and that's not right, you know. And so President Trump, to his credit, said that's one of the three priorities he's given to Tom Holman with respect to to immigration in the border. And so, you know, and it's just amazing that, you know, the these liberals, progressive governors and mayors are always touting how they're quote quote for the children, for the kids, right, what about these half million kids? Do they really care about them? No, it's all politics. It's using people, using kids for whatever ends to advance their political purpose, which is power at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: That that's the only political philosophy.
Speaker 27: I think the far left and of the Democrat Party has demonstrated themselves committed to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you make a good point.
Speaker 1: I mean that there is no seizing the political high ground when you are part of the administration that has overseen uh, these these hundreds of thousands of missing kids. When you're talking about women and children being sold into uh, sex trafficking, sex slavery, uh, you know, and and forced forced labor and all the rest of it. When you talk about the uh, the bodies that piled up on both sides of the border, with people who are desperate coming across and drowning in the river and UH and dying from exposure and the everything else, you know, all the trials and travails of you know, make that trip from South America or Central America up through Mexico and to the southern board. It is absolutely horrendous the kind of things that this administration and that these advocates have overseen. So the days of them trying to have the claim the moral high ground on this should be over. But Kurt Hartman, stay right there. We've got some other subjects to talk on and touch on as we continue on, so we will do that right after this quick break on fifty five krc DE Talk station.
Speaker 2: This is actually Aiken Eddi from the best.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station eight nineteen, Dan Carroll from Brian Thomas. As we continue our conversation with Kurt Hartman and Kurt I sent you a couple of links early this morning, and one was to the Select Subcommittee that was headed up by Jim Jordan talking about the weaponization of the American government. And so when you look at that and you go and you go, I mean, you can seventy thousand pages. Now, I don't expect you to have all that read, you know, I mean I sent it to you three o'clock this morning, so I know you didn't have all of it read by that. But as you look at these, as you look at these different reports, it is a chapter and verse on some of the some of the goings on that happened under this administration. And I think, you know, a good lawyer could look at this and say that's criminal activity. That's criminal activity. That's criminal activity. So if if the Trump administration looks at this and says, you know what, we need to investigate this, we need to prosecute this, whatever, the media is going to jump on this and say, oh, it's political persecution. We knew Trump was going to go after its political enemies and all the rest of it. Somehow, when Joe Biden does it to Donald Trump, well it's virtuous and Trump is. I mean, he's a lawbreaker. I mean everyone knows that and all the rest. But when I mean, what does it say about law and order in this country if this administration can get away with all of this stuff and none of it is brought to justice.
Speaker 27: Now, it's right, it's got to be a held accountability. But you know, let's recognize it. You know, the whole Biden administration was a story of no accountability for anything. Nobody got fired over anything. You know, uh, you know, the whole Afghanistan raw. You know, thirteen Americans get killed because of the incompetence you know of Secretary of Austin and people at the Pentagon.
Speaker 5: Nobody gets held accountable. And you know, I use that just kind kind of as the example. But so, what's it say.
Speaker 27: It's not surprising that this happened because everybody working within the Biden administration kind of knew. Hey, you know, they basically had the task of approval from the hires up and the ultimate hire up to engage in this wallfare against Trump and his supporters.
Speaker 5: The fact that they need to be held accountable.
Speaker 27: Yes, absolutely, yeah, I just saw them talk about these reports. There was actually an article cannot yesterday or day before. Just here at the end of December, the Inspector General in the Department of Justice talk about three senior Justice officials leaking information to the press about ongoing investigation uh, just prior to the election in an effort to try to influence the election.
Speaker 2: I read I saw that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's the kind of stuff that that's the kind of stuff that happened with regularity in this administration. And it's a it's all it's I mean, it's all coming out now in all these different reports. But on one hand, I want to see these things looked at. I want to see him investigated in a responsible way. On the other hand, I don't want to see this administration get bogged down and uh and and unable to advance its own agenda because all of this other stuff is going on. Do you think he's got the right people in place to do both those same things at the same time.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 27: I think so he's got some smart people. I'm especially optimistic with its Department of Justice and the FBI. I think cash Matel because a great choice for FBI director.
Speaker 5: And you know what I have said, you.
Speaker 27: Know, to myself and to others is hopefully the administration, the leadership he puts in the administration can keep focused both not always looking in the rare view mirror, but looking forward, because you need to figure out more even more. I mean, these reports from the congressmen have been helpful, but I think there's still more out there to look back on. But that's not become so preoccupied on looking back that we don't look forward, and how do we put systems and checks in place going forward that this never happens again, because you know, sad or happy, you know, President Trump's not only going to be there for four years now hopefully JD.
Speaker 5: Vance or whoever continue continues the legacy.
Speaker 27: But eventually, what when the Democrats come back into power someday hopefully you know, several years from now. But when that comes back, how do we how do we make sure how do we make sure this doesn't happen again? And how do we put structures and accountability in place so this does not happen again?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 27: And I think because I think that in essence, the American people, you know, in the on November fifth, had their voice heard and said and rejected this. You know, in a certain sense, the American people on November fifth were the final jury, if you will, in these cases that you know were brought against Trump, the criminal cases.
Speaker 5: They were the jury at the end of the day and said, no, this isn't right.
Speaker 27: They saw the law fare for what it was, and that's I think in a certain sense, that's really what November fifth was, was the jury voting and saying, you know, this was wrong what they did to Trump. And I don't think the left fully appreciates that still to this date. But regardless, when President Trump and his people go in, we need to have put things go looking forward to make sure this does not happen again. And part of that is accountability for those who excessively abuse their powers and people.
Speaker 1: You know, you and I talked about, Yeah, you and I talked about some of these different cases that were brought against Trump, and I think we both predicted that these things would would collapse under under their own under their own weight, because they were all built on such a shaky foundation. And I think when you go case by case of all this stuff they brought against Trump that turned out by and large to be true, It's not because there was someone pulling some strings somewhere or he got judicial favors from people on the bench. It's because there really was no no secure underpinnings on any any solid legal foundation to bring these to bring these cases to begin with.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why.
Speaker 27: And then go ahead, I was gonna say, And the American people, in their wisdom saw through it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so I can get Let's give credit to the American people for that that you have.
Speaker 2: Good idea, the majority of good idea. Can you hang around for one more segment?
Speaker 5: I think I can yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, stay right there.
Speaker 1: We'll get a quick break in here and then we'll wrap up with Kurt Hartman on the other side of this. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Run a business and not thinking.
Speaker 1: Thursday morning, January second, twenty twenty five, New Year is off and running. Not to start we were hoping for, but here we are and we are continuing on with Kurt Hartman and Kurt Hartman. Early this morning, I sent you a link to Tom Klingenstein's website and a piece entitled the Rise and Fall of the Never Trump Machine. And I read this a day or so ago, and I was thinking to myself. I mean, the Trump story as a political story is absolutely amazing as it is. But when you read this piece and you think about everything that this guy has had to overcome, and not only did he have to defeat the Democrat Party, not only did he have to defeat the Obama and the Clinton forces. Not only did he have defeat to defeat the establishment Republicans. Not only did he have to defeat the juggernaut of the federal government. When you talk about the Justice Department investigations, and you talk about the special councils, and you talk about the prosecutors in Atlanta in New York, not only did he have to defeat all of that, but he also had to overcome this machine of Bill Crystal and Liz Cheney and the Lincoln Project, all these right wingers, all these so called, you know, defenders of freedom and democracy, these never Trumpsters who wound up selling their souls and selling their credibility to far left multi billionaires. So these were billionaires who were subsidizing people who became millionaires to go out and been false narratives about Donald Trump. And so when you look at all of that and all these things that were arrayed against him. It is almost unimaginable and remarkable in the extreme that he was able to overcome all of that and is now going to be in the White House on January twentieth.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 27: And the other thing, not only was it remarkable that he overcame it, but what's also remarkable is his willingness to fight it.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, in a certain sense, why did President Trump need to really come back?
Speaker 27: You know here he is a billionaire in his own right, has you know, his real estate empire, and most a lot of this, most of this probably would never happened if he was not running for president in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was. Part of this was all part of.
Speaker 27: An organized collective effort to try to take him out, to defeat him in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: But if he had said, you know what, I've done it, I've had enough.
Speaker 27: I'm just going back to my business, I would mention most of this, if not all, of this would not have happened.
Speaker 5: Again to his credit. But to his credit, you know, I think it was.
Speaker 27: His commitment, maybe a little bit of his ego, but abot it's's commitment to this country to say, no, we have some serious issues in this country.
Speaker 5: I want to fight for this country.
Speaker 27: I want to fight for these issues, and I'll fight these people who are coming after me in court.
Speaker 5: Think about it.
Speaker 27: He was up in New York in a New York state court for weeks on end, having to go to trial right during the campaign, you know, and this was part of that law fair we're gonna star him, we're gonna smear him, we're gonna distract him from the campaign.
Speaker 5: And he had to sit in a courtroom for several weeks there.
Speaker 27: Who would do that, you know, you you me or anybody else who would do that knowing that, Hey, yeah, I don't need the job.
Speaker 5: I got plenty of money, Yeah, I got my family, et cetera. He was willing to do it and do the fight, and he fought constantly, had to fight there.
Speaker 27: He had the lawyers fighting in Florida in the federal courty of the lawyers in Georgia.
Speaker 5: You know, uh, Unfortunately I wasn't one of the lawyers.
Speaker 27: But it's like, you know, lawyers, it was a lawyer, employment lawyer, Employment Act or the employee deployment actions on behalf of the Democrats.
Speaker 5: But it's like, give him credit. He was fighting it.
Speaker 27: He was fighting it and ultimately vindicated by the American people in November fifth. But it is amazing that article you did say. It's a little like the article, but it's a you know, it was really confirming the existence of the swamp. The old Guard Rhinos, uh what I with my day and probably your day, referred to as Rockefeller Republicans, you know, the far left of the Republican Party, who are very establishment, who are very pro government, who are who believe themselves to be smarter than anybody else. Therefore where we want the government in because we are going to control the government.
Speaker 5: To tell you how to live your lives.
Speaker 27: And these were people who are really in essence for just were and have been out of touch when the Republic, with the Republican base and with the American people. You know, the nature of this country historically, you know, the founding of it is this very individualistic spirit of you know, fighting for yourself, of working hard, of improving yourselves, your lot, your family lots, with the traditional American dream, and this whole concept of government is is better this, you know, And it's that addage.
Speaker 5: It's the swamp. And these are just the Republicans.
Speaker 27: Part of the swamp, part of that power structure, and they saw and appreciates that with Trump their power structure and power influence was going to be disrupted.
Speaker 5: And they they did not like that.
Speaker 27: Right, people tend to take drastic actions and somebody feels and sees that they're losing power, especially those who are.
Speaker 5: So who need, whose needs and existence is power.
Speaker 27: When they see they're going to lose that power, they get very nasty and very vindictive. And that was confirmed during these past four years. Quote from the demo that's the Biden administration, the Democrats, and the far left, but also from from these you know, you know, never Trump or Republicans, and you know, it's beautiful. I think the kind of the conclusion of the article, not only was it very revealing how the far left was financing this, but it's kind of like it's the demise of the never Trump camp, because you know, it's it's amazing, uh comically amazing that you look at them, you know, since Trump has won the election in November, all the people who are making their pilgrimage if you will, down tomorrow lago, people who people who had nothing and wanted nothing to do with Trump during his first term. Are literally going down there and kissing the ring if you will.
Speaker 2: H Hey, he had a meeting. He had a meeting the other day with the mayor of d C. For God's sake. Yes, I mean, I mean imagine that.
Speaker 1: But no, it is very satisfying because you look at this and you see people like Mona Charon and Bill Crystal and and some of these other never trumpers, and I think to myself, what are they going to do now They've been exposed for the frauds that they are. How out of touch they are. You wonder how Kamala Harris blew through a billion plus dollars during the course of one hundred day long campaign, and this pretty much explains it. I mean, they really had access to unlimited amounts of money and still couldn't bring this guy down. So any shred of credibility that they had amongst these hardcore left wing power hungry groups has been completely eviscerated. And at some point, the look, these people don't give up, do they. They don't give up. You know, they're going to fall back and regroup and at some point try and raise their ugly head once again.
Speaker 27: Right, You're right, they don't give up, because again it goes back to power, their their power, their influence, stairy control, and if they are losing it, or if they've lost it, they're not going to give up absolutely, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you know, kick screen do whatever they have to do, and they confirmed it, you know, to do it.
Speaker 27: It's interesting, you know, you talk with you know, some people like Bill christ and Stuffing because some of.
Speaker 5: These people were involved in the Reagan administration.
Speaker 27: Yeah, and you almost gets me wondering were these some of the people undermining the Reagan administration? You know, Ray, I think Reagan was you know, great president, my first president when I was voting, and the committed to this you know, realignment if you will, of the Republican Party. You know, he he he was now the Goldwater wing of the party, not the Rockefeller wing. But it looks like he had a lot of Rockefeller Republicans in his administration. And I just wonder how many of them were undermining Ronald Reagan during his two terms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean, and they wanted to.
Speaker 1: They wanted to maintain control on their power for as long as they have, and I think we saw a lot of that manifested in the actions of of of doctor jil Biden and uh, I mean, god knows, I think she loves being surrounded by everything the White House has offered.
Speaker 2: And she did not want to let that go.
Speaker 5: Well, well, now I will tell you. You mentioned the man check jump a little bit here.
Speaker 27: You know, Kamala Harris raised a billion dollars in how do you lose a campaign with a bit?
Speaker 5: It's because you use all that money.
Speaker 27: To pay for endorsements from high influence and you know, supposedly influenced people Oprah and all that you.
Speaker 5: Have to pay these people to endorse you.
Speaker 27: What a fraud, I mean, what a pro What a fraud on Kamala Hiris's part, but also what a fraud on all these liberal you know people Oprah and company who so reindorsem were you know any reason you're endorsing her?
Speaker 5: It's because she just.
Speaker 2: Paid getting a seven figure check.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know it's paid sharp.
Speaker 27: They paid Al Sharpton right before Al Sharpton conducted a CNN interview.
Speaker 2: No, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: And and it's and it's laughable that he's out there talking raising the specter of possibly running once again.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. But Kurt Hartman. Always great having you on, Buddy, I appreciate the time.
Speaker 5: Tay, always great to be with you, appreciate the invice.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, and we'll do it again before too long. Kurt Hartman and the one time judge, and now he's out there defending the rights of the American people. It is when we are a little late for a break here, so let's go ahead and do that. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRCV Talks Days.
Speaker 2: Helps if I turn the mic on the nine first warning forecast.
Speaker 1: Mostly cloudy today, we will have a high of thirty eight, then some snow starts late tonight and during the overnight hours.
Speaker 2: We could see an inch on the ground by this time tomorrow morning, Bartley.
Speaker 1: Cloudy on Friday and cold with a high have only thirty three, then really cold Friday heading into Saturday. An overnight low on Friday of eighteen, it is thirty one.
Speaker 6: At fifty five krc the talk station from we can see how Traffic Center. Diniversity of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the region's first and only provider a specialized primary care services for cancer patients and survivors called five one three five eight five UCC see problems in northern Kentucky. Southbound seventy five is ran to southbound seventy one is currently blocked off. That is due to an accident above Walton. Elsewhere, traffic in decent shape. They cleared the wreck north to seventy five near Kilby Chucking Ver Month fifty five kre C DE talk station.
Speaker 1: Good stuff right there, little rolling stones, Joe Strekker rolling out all the hits today five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred. As we close in on nine o'clock eight forty three, Joe, we got to hit a break here again. Two minutes. I got two minutes to a break, all right. I want to play that sound bite one more time that that Trump put out on social media. We'll do that after the break here. If you haven't heard that yet, it's pretty good. It's about two and a half minutes of political commentator, two and a half minutes of TV people, two and a half minutes of carn John Pierre, two and a half minutes of Nancy Pelosi and all these other Democrats.
Speaker 2: Talking about how sharp Joe Biden is. And Trump put that.
Speaker 1: Out on his social media the other day, and it is worth. I played it earlier today, but it's worth I'll listen once again. So we will do that after the break here in the meantime, when Kurt Hartman touched on the things that Trump wants to do when he gets in office and what is going to be energy policy, and Trump is going to have a vision of energy that is way different than what Joe Biden had when he promised to end fossil fuel. Trump is dismissive of the immediate climate crisis narrative that drove much of Biden's energy policy, but of course he's beholden to the.
Speaker 2: Left on that as well.
Speaker 1: He promises to establish American energy dominance and focus policy on bringing down energy costs. Trump said he would end the Biden Harris administration anti energy crusade and implement a policy of energy abundance, energy independence, and energy dominance. Said would include getting the price of gasoline down below two dollars a gallon. So Trump has laid out a lot of promises out there, and hopefully he'll be able to keep these promises. And when it comes to energy policy, I say full steam ahead, because if we are going to see a reawakening and a revitalizing of this economy on the likes of which we have not seen.
Speaker 2: In a long, long time.
Speaker 1: And we are reminded the other day of just how bad things were with the passing Agejimmy Carter. And if you remember, if you're old enough to remember the term stagflation back when Jimmy Carter was president, I think we were headed for that if we would have had another term of Biden. And thank god that is not going to happen. Let's get a quick break in here, and then we will continue on the other side, and we'll play that sound bite that that Trump posted on this social media. It is definitely something you want to hear on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: At Donovan's poem.
Speaker 1: The ninth first warning by the forecast, we're looking at partly cloudy or I'm sorry, mostly cloudy skies today, a high of thirty eight, some snow expected to kick in sometime tonight, and then by this time tomorrow, perhaps an inch on the ground, maybe a little less.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna opt towards the less side on that one. I don't think it's going to be all that horrible.
Speaker 1: The other night, low twenty eight, partly cloudy on Friday, high of thirty three and then really cold for Friday into Saturday. Friday's overnight eighteen and only a twenty nine for a high on Friday, so the cold weather is coming in. It is thirty one at fifty five KRC the talk station from the ucl Traffic Center. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the region's first and only provider a specialized primary care services for cancer patients and survivors called five one three five eighty five scene see the ran from South Pound seventy five to South Pound seventy one.
Speaker 6: It's open again above Walton after an earlier accident. Still a bit of a slow go there. Elsewhere inter State traffic looks good. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs seed the talk station, heading down the homestretch on this Thursday morning. Glad to be always my pleasure to sit in for Brian Thomas. Only one day this week, Kevin Gordon here tomorrow, then Brian Thomas back on Monday.
Speaker 2: And on Monday this week. Not Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at there's a there's a picture of Joe Biden in this article. I'm looking at Donald Trump posted a video that is people put together, and it is it is very well done. It starts off with carn John Pierre. Then you're going to hear Alejandro Mayorchis in this clip. You will hear Nancy Pelosi in this clip. You will hear that the Senator Kons. Wait, I'm trying to think where he's what I want to say, he's from Connecticut. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I don't know Chris Coons, but he's he's a fool. You're going to hear Chuck Schumer and other assorted Democrats talking about Joe Biden. And this is the sort of thing that those of us who know better were subject to over the last couple of years. And only now are we really finding out the truth of the matter. I mean, it's truth that we knew all along. But of course with the reporting that came out last week in the Wall Street Journal talking about how all of this is true. But again, Trump did a great job and putting this or well his people did putting this together. And give it a listen, Joe, let's hear that cut.
Speaker 8: Does the president have the stamina physically and mentally do you think to continue on even after twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: You're asking me this question.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, he's the President of the United States.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 20: I can't even keep up with it.
Speaker 12: The most difficult part about a meeting with President Biden is preparing for it, because he is sharp, intensely probing, and detail oriented and focused.
Speaker 13: I can testify because I've been working very closely with this president for the past two years. I've been knowing it for thirty years, and I'm telling you, this guy's tough, he's smart, he's on his game.
Speaker 14: Joe Biden has vision, he has knowledge, he has a strategic thinker.
Speaker 2: The President is focused.
Speaker 15: He's detail oriented, He's always thinking about the big picture, engaging.
Speaker 5: He is capable.
Speaker 16: He has an incredible record as president, and.
Speaker 17: I'm often with him on foreign trips. He's at the top of his game.
Speaker 18: So he has a vision, he has knowledge, he has judgment, he has a strategic thinking.
Speaker 4: I met with the President, I don't know five or six weeks ago.
Speaker 2: But he seemed fine.
Speaker 19: To make have complete confidence in the President. I have watched him expertly guide meetings of staff and cabinet members.
Speaker 2: I could not have more.
Speaker 9: Confidence than the President.
Speaker 20: I would just tell you that I meet frequently with the President, and every single time I meet him, he is just fine.
Speaker 21: But he is again, knowledgeable, wise, incredibly sharp, incredibly probing, incredible command of the details.
Speaker 2: He is sharp, He is on top of things.
Speaker 16: There is nothing to these challenges, these suggestions that somehow he's not sharp and he's not capable.
Speaker 14: See Joe Biden of Plus, we know how attuned he oughts to the issue, and.
Speaker 17: You're going to see how smart he is and the experience he has. I say his age is an asset.
Speaker 9: Aha, He's wise.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's wise.
Speaker 17: He has wisdom, he has experiences.
Speaker 23: And his experience because of his age and his wisdom has been invaluable to this country.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 8: Countries, people who've been in office a longer period of time are praised for their wisdom.
Speaker 24: I have seen a lot of seventy two yields not as capable as this eighty year old.
Speaker 22: It is hard for us to keep up with this president.
Speaker 25: His mental acuity is great. It's fine. It's as good as it's been over the years i've been He's fine. All this right wing propaganda that he is mental acuity is declined is wrong.
Speaker 13: And this kind of sense that he's not ready for this job is just a bucket of bs that's so deep your boots will get stuck in it.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I think that that is one of the most enter cuts I've heard in a long long time, and it's all these Democrats and early on there you had and that was a cut.
Speaker 2: I remember that when it happened.
Speaker 1: When New York has talked about, hey, when you go into a meeting with Joe Biden, you got to be on your game. I mean, this guy is really bringing it, man, he knows the details. He's asking the program questions. You better have your act together. And how many times did this guy testify before the Congress committees of Congress and not have his act together? And you really think he went the extra mile when he had to sit in front of Joe Biden. You wonder how terrorist attacks happened like we had in New Orleans yesterday, that's because that guy was in charge of stopping it. And how did that work out? It's a fifty five. I gotta go until next time. It's been great fun sitting in for Brian Thomas, Joe Strecker. Thank you for everything as always, and until we meet again. I'm Dan Carroll on fifty five krc DE Talk Station, Your.
Speaker 3: Boy, thank you for taking my call. Your country gives us all somewhat to think about.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. This report is sponsored by Mattress firm.