Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Knight Live. I am your host, the Cajun Knight, Jacob Mook, and a lot of things that have been going on here recently. Right now, we have currently a tentative ceasefire going on between the United States, Israel, and Iranian forces, and I started hearing reports of the ceasefire being broken. And it depends, as always when it comes to a conflict like this, it depends on where you were getting that information from. The Jerusalem Post was clearly posting that Iran had broken the ceasefire, and then the Iranians were saying that clearly America had sent another bombing run after the ceasefire was called. Come to find out, neither of those are accurate. The UAE sent a jet to drop a bomb on a power plant. Apparently no one informed the Immirate or the Amadis.
Speaker 2: How are the fucking shit?
Speaker 1: Nobody informed them that a ceasefire had just started and they already had a jet inbound.
Speaker 2: But we'll get to all of it. We'll get to all of it.
Speaker 1: And I am curious what everybody's thoughts are as far as if this ceasefire is going to actually go down, right, will cooler heads prevail? I haven't heard anything as far as uh, you know, there was a ten point plan that was proposed, and then the other side proposed their own ten point plan, neither of which is something that either side is really willing to go down on. So I don't I don't know, I don't know. There's a lot of up in the air conversations as of this moment. But that's what we're here to do.
Speaker 2: To talk about it all.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen and let's get started on this journey that we happen to find ourselves in. So right off the rip, what is going on the screen? Why is that still there?
Speaker 2: There? We go? All right, so live updates Iran's war.
Speaker 1: Ceasefire begins, though some new attacks hit the Gulf Trumpet, Yaho say Lebanon not included in the ceasefire. Now, this is going to be a source of contention, and I understand that, Uh, the ceasefire was between it wasn't for the entirety of the Middle East. That was just between the three key players. However, the UAE still sent a jet. They were allegedly not a part of the ceasefire, So why are they a part of it? And then where do we draw the line. Is Lebanon a part of the ceasefire deal or not? Let's read about it here. So this is from NBC. I understand you got to question the source. I get that, but let's read about it.
Speaker 2: So what to know.
Speaker 1: There's a fragile ceasefire that has begun. The United States and Iran agreed to a two week ceasefire hours before President Trump's deadline for Tehran to reopen the Strait of Horn moves or see quote a whole civilization die, which is very strong wording. I don't believe that Trump was serious about that, But even if you're not, that that's genocidal conversation and that is not what the leader of the free world should be speaking like. I'm just gonna call a spade a spade here. But anyway, moving on Israeli strikes in Lebanon. Lebanon came under intense attacks after Israel said it was not covered by the agreement, contradicting mediator Pakistan. Lebanon's health ministry said hundreds had been killed or wounded in the new round of strikes now the Horror Moves uncertainty. An Iranian news agency reported that oil traffic through the Strait of Horror Moves was halted again hours after the first tankers were allowed to pass, sighting Israel's Lebanon strikes. Trump earlier said that the US will be helping with the traffic build up in the street.
Speaker 2: I'll bet they will.
Speaker 1: The Iranian attacks, Persian Gulf State's ball Rain, the United Arab Immirates, and Kuwait reported new Iranian attacks this morning after blasts were reported at oil sites in Iran.
Speaker 2: So it's not just the.
Speaker 1: UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain are now in the mix. As far as like, wait, there's a ceasefire, why is there's still any type of ordnance being dropped?
Speaker 2: And if that's true?
Speaker 1: And I don't know if Lebanon was a part of the deal through Pakistan, I honestly never heard that. I'm not the most well read on the situation, but I hadn't heard that, So maybe there's something there.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll read more. Market surge.
Speaker 1: The price of oil dropped and stock prices soared this morning in response to the ceasefire. Despite uncertainty over the deal and the potential for long term economic scars from the five weeks of war. So it's next. Trump said Iran's ten point peace proposal was a workable basis on which to negotiate a fuller deal, but Pakistan, saying talks would begin Friday. Now, let's talk about the death toll. Over fifteen hundred people have been killed in Lebanon and twenty three have died in Israel. Iranian officials have not released recent death tolls, but the US based rights group h R A and A put the total killed at almost thirty four hundred, including more than sixteen hundred civilians. I feel like that's probably accurate. I'm sure it's not exact number. There's gonna be a little bit of leeway on that one, but I feel like that's probably more accurate than not. I don't think that we've, you know, the United States has killed like twenty thousand Iranians. I don't think it's it hadn't been a big number like that, but yeah, thirty four hundred, give or take, probably closer to like four thousand. I could see sixteen hundred civilians. Yeah, that's probably accurate. Thirteen US service members have been killed and two more died of non combat causes. That's just wrong place, wrong time, honestly, insights and analysis get exclusive up about okay, moving on, Moving on, so Iran ports authorities announced alternate shipping routes in the Straight of Horm Moves to avoid naval mindes.
Speaker 2: So I did a little more digging into this.
Speaker 1: So the Straight of Horror Moves is not a wide gap into like forty nautical miles or forty two.
Speaker 2: It's something like that. It's not a big stretch of water.
Speaker 1: And then when you look at the actual like the sand banks underneath.
Speaker 2: There's realistically only like a four mile.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say gap, but a four mile straight in the very dead center of it where the big ships make their traffic. And that's why they were able to shut it down. They just had to mine the very center because no ships are going on to the outside as for fear of hitting something. So now Auran is saying that there is actually an alternative shipping route despite the mines, so let's talk about it here. So ships have been directed to use alternative shipping routes in the Straight of Horror Moves to avoid potential naval mines in the main traffic zone of the trade route, the Iranian Ports and Maritime organizations announced today. According to SNN news agency, the Port organization advised that due to the wartime situation, vessels should coordinate with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy and use the outline detours. The statement said it included recommendations for both an inbound and outbound route. Uncertainty has surrounded the critical waterways status since the US and Iran agreed to a two weeks seast fire yesterday following Trump's demand that the straight be reopened. Oil traffic through the strait was halted again today, just hours after the first vessels were allowed to pass through, because of Israel strikes and Lebanon. And this is from an Iranian news agency, at least that's what they said. Vance told reporters today that if Iran does not followed through with the opening of the strait, the ceasefire will end, but he did not provide details of the expected timeline to open the strait. Both sides are just trying to leave this thing open ended, to give themselves some sort of like a what's the word, like a legal Basically, they're trying to make it to where well, we didn't say that, they're trying to give it like some sort of illegal loophole in their wording, which as politic in one zero one. To be honest with you now, Root says that Trump is disappointed with NATO's allies and he can see his point. NATO Secretary General Mark Root said that Trump is clearly disappointed with many NATO allies and that he can see his point. Shortly after he left a closed door meeting with Trump this evening. Let me be absolutely clear, he is clearly disappointed and with how and with many NATO allies, and I could see his point.
Speaker 2: God, they just.
Speaker 1: Repeated that for three times, back to back. We got the fucking message. Dog Rut added that he believed that the large majority of European nations were helpful to the US during the war in Iran with basing, with logistics, with overflights. He said there was widespread support for Trump's actions in the war as degrading the nuclear and the inter ballistic missile capacity of the Iran from Iran rather was really crucial fair enough. Root could not answer whether the straight of Horn moves has been opened in the wake of Trump's demands and that the critical trade route was cleared. I don't have the intelligence now at my fingertips to give you that answer, but I think over the next couple of days we will know more. Root said, Also, God, I wish I would have brought this up, and I still might search for it.
Speaker 2: The Chairman of the Joint chiefs this thing.
Speaker 1: He's like a four star naval general, I'm sorry, air Force air Force general. He had talked about how they, by their estimations, they had drank like three million, four hundred thousand gallons of coffee, hundreds of thousands of energy drinks, and an absurd amount of nicotine. Board doing okay, And I'm just like, ah, this guy gets it. This guy gets it. What makes it war happen is caffeine and nicotine, dude. But it was weird because he was so dry with it. It looked like he was reading like an actual statistic, even though he was clearly being funny. But yeah, anyone, anyone, I might find that here in a minute to play. It was actually pretty good. Holy sites in Jerusalem to reopen this week. Jerusalem police say sorry, tomorrow, Jerusalem's holy sites will reopen to visitors and worshippers with heightened security throughout the district Jerus When the police said in a statement visitors should plan for long lines and heavy traffic as local police deploy hundreds of officers and volunteers along major routes in the Old City and near holy sites. The public is urged to arrive with patients and to be prepared to follow police instructions. Yeah, I'll bet so, brother. Now let's get to this. At least two hundred and fifty four killed at least eleven hundred and sixty five injured in Israeli attack on Lebanon. This is from Lebanon civil events, that is what they said. They include ninety two civilian dead in Bea Route and sixty one in the capitol southern suburbs. More than nine hundred and forty people were injured in those areas today, the vast majority seven hundred and forty two in Beirut.
Speaker 2: Lebanese officials said this on Facebook. Civil defense teams.
Speaker 1: Have conducted emergency response operations, including providing medical assistance, evacuating the injured, and recovering the dead. According to the Post, specialized teams are actively conducting search and rescue operations, and we're moving debris at multiple sites, which may result in an increased toll as field operations progress. You know, I gotta say, we really have not heard much about the situation in Lebanon, and I'm of the belief that that's by design. Right, the mainstream media, they may have a small little amens, if you will, they're not talking about it, like, oh, by the way, I know this whole thing's going on with Iran, but did y'all know that Israel just invaded Lebanon? Like that's just not a thing that I hear a lot of people talking about for some reason, and it's mind blowing. But anyway, all right, that was pretty much all I wanted to read off of this article. Let's hear this. So this is a Middle East expert providing insight on the US Aoran ceasefire.
Speaker 3: I'm back today is reel conducted strikes on Lebanon, which are some of the first tests of the temporary ceasefire between the US and Iran. Both President Trump and Israeli leaders are saying the deal did not include Lebanon, but Irani and state media is reporting that oil traffic through the Strait of Hormuz was stopped again. Joining us now to share some insight about these developments is doctor Brent Sassly. He is the chair of the political science department at the University of Texas at Arlington and an expert on Middle Eastern politics. Brent, welcome to our show, and thanks for talking to us today.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: This is a very ever changing situation, so of course we're going to couch that with anything that we talk about here. But despite this ceasefire taking effect, there are still attacks happening today throughout that region. So how do you think that affects this deal really holding?
Speaker 4: Well, it makes it more complex. I think we first have to recognize that any effort, any partially successful effort, even at a ceasefire, that would stop the fighting, is a good thing. Anything that can stop the destruction and the loss of lives is a good thing. The problem is in this case that there are multiple, several moving parts and they are all connected. For example, has been is intimately tied to Iran, and so Israel sees not just Iran as a threat, but Hesbela, and it sees Iran as Hesbela is because it is Hesbela's main backer it can't really separate the two, and so even though there's a ceasefire with Iran, at least with the United States, it has no intention of stopping the firing and the attacking on Hesbela in Lebanon.
Speaker 3: Something else that's really stuck out to me. As these developments have so quickly changed over the past few days, Iran seems to be emerging from the war with much more control over that vile strait of horror moves that we've talked so much about. Can you talk about how accurate that is and what do you think it means for the future.
Speaker 4: It's fairly accurate. Iran's has installations all along the coast that is along that channel, and it has the capability to warn ships and crafts that are going through that if they continue then they will be fired on, which has in fact happened. And so it is in enormous control, which is why one of Trump. President Trump's points has been that Iran has to give up that control, or at least has to create conditions so that it can't do something like that. Again, that's highly unlikely. Iran will not give it up, especially now that it knows it is some form of leverage that it has on the United States and on the world more broadly. So I suspect we probably won't see too much effort on that particular issue, but of course the conversations will continue.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, Tuesday Nights deal caused a drop in fuel prices here in the US, as well as some of the stock futures going up as well. But what hope should we have that gas prices here in the US will in turn do the same thing.
Speaker 4: We should have some hope. These things typically are a lag So just because the price of oil went down doesn't mean that we're going to immediately see a major drop in oil prices. At the gas tank. There are a number of facilities where damaged oil and natural gas. It's going to take time to get those back up and running and to get the fossil fuels back into the pipeline there. So, if there is no resumption of the violence between the United States and Iran, we will still have to wait some time before we can see a change in our pockets. But any any progress, again, I said, is welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to feel about the ceasefire. I am happy that a ceasefire was at least agreed upon tentatively.
Speaker 2: That's a positive for everybody. I'm not negating that.
Speaker 1: I don't know a if it'll hold b because that's the other thing too. We've talked about this for either side to quote unquote win, What does winning look like? That's that's a question that I feel like a lot of military campaigns over the past thirty years have had to really question once they got started. Everybody is all too excited to get up in arms and start shooting and start bombing all the things. Yeah, military, sure, complex gonna eat. But when it comes time for a draw down, a egress out of the area, anything like this, how do how do either side of a conflict like this quantify what a victory looks like? Is a victory just simply not losing is a victory for America? We've said this, like, is regime change a win? Is that what we will quantify as the victory that we set out for?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Possibly, But if we put in a new regime and they're unwilling to deal, and they're unwilling to make some sort of a cut rate on oil or any of these things, we didn't win. That's not a victory right, long term yeah, and the short term just for the headlines and the you know, news articles and all these things. Sure it's a win, but is that actually the victory we were set out to do?
Speaker 2: And then for Iran is a victory.
Speaker 1: Just survival, just the resistance of a regime change, and as long as the iotola remains in power? Do they take this as a win when they got massive chunks of their infrastructure bomb to shit and a rising death toll? How do they Is that what they classify as a victory in this case? And I understand that's way too philosophical and it goes into many levels and many nuances. But I don't think there's going to be a way to cleanly walk away from this, which is why it blew my mind that we actually the bombing last year, when we sent stealth bombers in and blew up their underground nuclear bunkers. Okay, I wasn't massively you know, cheering that on, but also wasn't like scoffing at it either. I understood. I understood why America and Israel would want to strike the nuclear infrastructure of Iran. Okay, I could least I could at least put the pieces together and make the picture. In my head, this is a lot more than that. And again, I'm in favor of the United States military, and I'm in favor of US flexing from time to time. But what kind of a real end goal were we aiming for here?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know we're getting way off in the weeds too early on, and I apologize about that. Let's see, got some comments going on here? Oh Sam Sam has finally joined us. Good to see you, sir. I heard it all comes down to whether Lebanon has included Israel says no, Aron says yes.
Speaker 2: Most of it is too.
Speaker 1: Shit, Yeah, Tony, if you could look this up please, because I do not know if Lebanon was a part of the deal through Pakistan or not. Both sides just saying one thing or another. I haven't found any literature to say one way or another, to be honest with you.
Speaker 5: Well, what I remember reading is that the Pakistani guys, we're saying Lebanon was one of Iron's conditions and that the US agreed to it. The US is saying, no, we didn't agree to that party. I think both sides have such different standards of victory that we're just not going to come together until violence solves the problem. Unfortunately, So the US wants regime change in Iran, and Iran wants us completely out of the Persian Gulf, and if neither one of those two things happened, then neither one is one now.
Speaker 1: With that being said, even if America, let's say Trump agrees, yeah, no, no, Lebanon was absolutely a part of the deal. America is not bombing Lebanon right now, We're not sending troops in.
Speaker 2: That's Israel.
Speaker 1: So does Israel going back on the agreement negate America's agreement with Iran? Is it a pretty much all bets are all kind of situation or.
Speaker 5: Right? I think Israel wasn't really a party to the agreement, but Donald Trump was really impatient and just wanted it to be over with. I think Trump thinks he can meander Israel out of keeping engaged with Lebanon. But I think for Israel, Lebanon really is the primary front. Iran is a distraction for everyone else from their perspective. Israel's not going to conquer Iran, It's not going to conquer Jordan, It's not going to conquer any of its other neighbors except Leon. It's one of the Litani River for decades, and that's significantly north, like I don't know, forty miles north of where their border currently is. Yeah, I think they can get it their moment.
Speaker 1: I remember to them saying that they wanted a big buffer zone and it was like, okay, I could how big of a buffer zone?
Speaker 2: Oh not much?
Speaker 1: Forty miles and it's like, that's that is quite a buffer zone.
Speaker 2: And I remember them talking about that. Shit was it.
Speaker 1: It was after the whole Goal In Heights and Gaza Strip situation, if I'm not mistaken, they were trying to make a buffer zone into They were damn near Damascus. It was crazy what they were trying to push for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Damascus is pretty close to Israel in terms of the map of Syria too, But they took a lot in the December of twenty twenty five, No, I'm twenty twenty four, right after the collapse of the Asade regime, and they said, well, won't withdraw eventually, but nobody believed it and they're not going to.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 5: So those are the only places they can expand, though I personally think they have some ambitions for the east bank of the Jordan River, but that will be like one hundred years from now.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a tough sale. The Jordanians are not going to give up one inch. They have a working relationship with Israel. Okay, cool, they're not super fond of them, but they're willing to deal with them. Yo, if Israel starts trying to take in some Jordanian land, who Yeah, the king is gonna absolutely fry them alive. And I don't think there's anything that we could do to stop that either, because Jordan's a homey of ours as well, so that's God, it's messy.
Speaker 5: Well, I think Jordan's too weak too, and right now, out of political convenience, Israel's friends with them, so they're not going to push to the east. Yet they're still preoccupied with the West bank of the Jordan River. There's six million Palestinians living there now, and the East bank thing, it's more like one hundred years from now. Like I was saying, But if you look at the ancient maps of Israel, they believe that that the tribes of East Manassa and Gad and like another one. I can't remember how to pronounce all of them, but they believe they had stuff over there. Dude, I think some of them do want it back. From their perspective, I've seen years from now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen one map where Israel is this massive chunk of land and everybody's like, that's what they mean from the river to the sea. But like, dude, that map was an accurate depiction of the land for one kingdom, like not even one dude's whole lifespan. Really, that was like the furthest extent they were ever able to call their own, and then they got pushed back to what we would call as far as just Judea goes.
Speaker 2: It's it's wild, It's so wild.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I and you said Jordan's kind of gonna weak military right now?
Speaker 2: Is that accurate?
Speaker 1: I haven't been keeping up with the Jordanian military. I thought they were at least adequate. I thought they were better than Iran.
Speaker 5: Well, I know they have some missiles and some F sixteens, and I think one of the princes is a pilot. And yeah, they're hash Mites and they're friendly with Israel. But as for the eventual boundaries, A lot of people believe that the two blue stripes on their flag represent the Nile to the Euphrates, which is like twenty times bigger than they are now. And that's what they believe. Yeahweh told Abraham, yeah, or lo Ohim as I think he might have been called in that point in the Old Testament because that was before Moses.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yo. Jordan ranks seventy fourth on the list.
Speaker 2: My bad.
Speaker 1: No, they are nowhere near Iran nor Israel as far as military power goes. Okay, I was today years old when I learned that, because I always see that, I see one of the princes. I don't think it's the king, it's one of their princes who he's a pilot, and he always tries to like give that persona of like military strength in the area.
Speaker 2: Which cool.
Speaker 1: Fine, yeah, that's that's bad. They are low low on the totem pole. But okay, anyway, all right, so let's keep reading about this ceasefire. So this is from the Associated Press. Take that for what it is. We understand this is an extremely liberal leaning publication. But I also, again, I want to see this from all angles. I don't want to just look at it from my bias perspective. I want to see it from all angles, to see what they are saying and bring in what kind of truth they are with this article. So, how Trump went from threatening Iran's annihilation to agreeing to a two week ceasefire with Troan? Okay, President Trump or over the course of a single day, went from threatening Iran with annihilation to proclaiming that the battered Islamic Republic's leadership had presented a workable plan that led him to agree to a fourteen day ceasefire that he hopes will pave the way to end the nearly six week war.
Speaker 2: Which, h.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be best case scenario. Let's say this ceasefire continues and cooler heads prevail, it's gonna be eight weeks. It's gonna be two months best case scenario. But all right, I honestly don't even think it's gonna be wrapped up that quickly. I don't know. Let's see the dramatic shift in tenure tenor. The dramatic shift in tenor, Yeah, came as intermediaries led by Pakistan worked feverishly to head off a further escalation. Even China, Aron's biggest trading partner in America's most significant economic competitor quietly pulled strings to find a path towards the ceasefire, according to two officials briefed on the matter, who are not authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity. Also, that makes sense the straight being shut down. Yeah, China's gotten a few oil tankers to go through. They're paying an exorbitant amount of money.
Speaker 2: To do so.
Speaker 1: The straight being shut down is bad for business for so many countries. I'll bet you China was absolutely in the mix of like, hey, it's all new, homie, I need you to just calm down a bit.
Speaker 2: We need this straight open, we need we need oil, bro.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the reason for doing so is that we have already met and exceeded all military objectives as a direct quote, by the way, and are very far along with definitive agreement concerning long term piece of Iran and peace in the Middle East. Trump said this on a social media post Tuesday announced in the temporary ceasefire. I got a few problems with some of the statements that Trump just said, have we met and exceeded all military objectives? Possibly there's a lot of there's a lot of Iranian leadership that was taken out. There's a lot of infrastructure that has been hit. There's a lot of military targets that were hit. Like I'm okay, let's just take that one at face value and say that possibly maybe they hit like ninety nine out of one hundred of the targets that they were aiming for. Okay, fine, and are far along with a definitive agreement concerning long term peace with Iran and peace in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that's accurate.
Speaker 1: I in no way, shape or form believed that anybody is very far along with a definitive agreement concerning long term peace with Iran. That I just don't see that happening. And then and peace in the Middle East, that's.
Speaker 2: You know, not to go that direction.
Speaker 1: But according to certain narratives from certain religious books, if and when there's actually truly peace in the Middle East, y'all need to start getting right with the creator. Because the time clock is ticking. I'll just leave it at that anyway. It came about ninety minutes before his deadline for Tehran to open critical straight of Horn Moose to see its power plants and other critical infrastructure obliterated. But even as the White House was celebrating the moment as a victory, the fragile ceasfire appeared in danger of falling apart as the US, Iran, and Israel offered differing statements on Wednesday on what was included in the deal less than twenty four hours after it was broken, and now we get to the situation.
Speaker 2: Iran insisted that the end to Israeli.
Speaker 1: War in Lebanon was part of the ceasefire agreement with the US, but Netanyahu and Trump said the truce did not cover Lebanon and the Israeli operations there continued.
Speaker 2: The US meanwhile demanded that.
Speaker 1: Iran make good on reopening the Straight after the Islamic Republic closed the waterway in response to Israel's intensifying attacks against Hesbala militant groups in Lebanon. Vice President Vance, who is set to lead a US delegation in Pakistan later this week for many mediated talks with Iran aimed at finding a permanent agreement to in the conflict, downplayed the setbacks, saying no ceasefire ever goes off without a little bit of choppiness, without a little bit of shoppiness, my boy, Okay, okay, JD. We're seeing evidence that things are going to be right in We are going in the right direction, but it's going to take a little time vance too, reporters. As he wrapped up to visit Hungary, Trump to hold talks with NATO's Secretary General. The President also met at the White House with NATO Secretary General Mark Root on Wednesday. Trump has been angry that NATO county member countries ignored his call to help reopen the vital waterways as gas prices soared during the war. As the Trump deadline for aaran to open the Straight near, democratic lawmakers decried Trump's threat to wipe away an entire civilization as a moral failure. Quote unquote, Pope Leo Oh American Pope Oh Shy Rack himself warned that the strikes against civilian infrastructure would violate air national law and said Republican President's comments were truly unacceptable. Again, not to just go after the Holy Father here blessings beyond his name and all the things. But no, attacking critical infrastructure is not international law breaking. If if that infrastructure also feeds military assets, I should give that distinction just so clear.
Speaker 2: In the end, Trump may have backed down.
Speaker 1: Because of a simple truth that escalation could risk involving the United States in the sort of forever war that had beviled his predecessors in the White House, and that he had vowed he would keep the US out of if voters elected him in. Yeah, I'm really hoping, y'all. I I don't believe as of this moment that this is going to become a forever war. However, I would be lying if I said that I could not see the writing on the walls of how it could get there with a few strategic things happening within the two months before.
Speaker 2: I keep reading Sam, whatich you got?
Speaker 6: So our pope rather than not our pope but depope. I thought everybody from Shabak supposed to be like, you know what? Fuck it? As gated on this dude, is the Pope? Does he not remember what happened last time when the Islamics have the Islamic calife has tried to take over the fucking world. Hey dog, I'm not saying what you should do, but I personally think it's time to dust vault this shit.
Speaker 1: So I think I think that the Pope might possibly have a little a little angst towards Israel after they bombed a Catholic church in Gaza last year and killed a priest. I'm just saying I don't know that for a fact, but I am of the belief right now the Pope Leo may not be the friendliest to Israel or anything that they're doing.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that he's more friendly to Muslims. But the Muslims didn't bomb a Catholic church.
Speaker 2: Well, they have.
Speaker 6: They have according to the s law, and according to the book, they are forever in a holy war until fucking Shariah rules over the whole world. So that out there says, hey, dog, they're gonna try to kill us, we gotta kill them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to sound like a warhawk or anything. I'm just saying, I see the writing on the wall. They want to kill us. We should kill them. Because there is no co piece. There will never be co existence. The Muslims hate the Jews because of Father Abraham, fucking Sarah and the Ishmael and Isaac getting fucked over.
Speaker 1: Dude, a lot of people hate the Jews these days, regardless of religious background.
Speaker 2: That's like, that is the thing to do.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Raven Lee and I are leaving money on the table by not like leaning into it and jumping on the fuck Israel bandwagon because apparently that's just that's what's hot right now. It's it's wild to me those.
Speaker 6: But curses upon those who who lay curses upon Israel.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's also from the Old Testament, and we don't live under that covenant.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There is a section in the Book of Hebrews in the New Testament also where it talks about, uh, the nation of Israel proper. This is where a lot of the Christians have disagreements on this. Do we think there we are talking about the new Israel i e. The New Church, i e. All of those that are inheritors of God's promise? Or do we think that we mean Israel proper? It's very similar to en go ahead.
Speaker 6: Personally, I say we should go back to best, bring back to leper king two point zero. Have the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
Speaker 1: Bring back Baldwin the second ri ip I want to say ball in the second someone that had leprosy.
Speaker 6: Like the.
Speaker 2: Fourth Yeah, it was hold on, hold on now, I got me.
Speaker 6: But I'll spat that guy even though his skin was falling the fuck off ball in.
Speaker 2: The fourth I was wrong. Good on you, Tony anyway.
Speaker 1: But okay, So so with that being said, though, right, how can I put this?
Speaker 2: I'm it's the same conversation.
Speaker 1: For when Jesus looked at the temple and said, surely, I say to you that all these will be brought down brick by brick. There are those who believed that he was talking about the nation of Israel will be disbanded and thrown to the winds. And there are those that would say he was literally pointing at the temple and it fell a few years after he died and rose again. So whenever Jesus says about Israel, does he mean the new Israel, the inheritors therefore talking Jews and Christians, or did he mean the actual land of Israel.
Speaker 6: I understand that, But I'm also going to say that there's all that. When Jesus said that, I actually tell you that this temple shall be destroyed and riz up in three days, he was talking about his body. He wasn't talking about the actual puick and mortar temple, So don't misglass over that fact either.
Speaker 2: So that was at a different point. But yes, that is what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: But he was talking about how the temple will be rebuilt, right, and that was brought up in the Book of Revelation.
Speaker 2: And that's another thing.
Speaker 1: When they're talking about how the temple will be rebuilt before the end times, a lot of people, a lot of Eschatologists will say that they don't mean the actual Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem. They believe that the temple would be like the body of God today, I e.
Speaker 2: His church, I e us I am.
Speaker 1: I am of the opinion that the actual brick and mortar building will have to be rebuilt. I understand there's people that disagree with me on that fact, and it's one of these it's like, it's not a salvation issue. It's not something I want to like fight over, but I do enjoy a healthy scholarly debate on the subject. But my point is my point is when the Bible talks about Israel, and like you're saying, curse would be those that curse against Israel, I can be pro Israel and hate net and Yahoo at the same time.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, no doubt. I mean you can't trust him. Like the dude looks like he'd scame me out of your last shekel just so he doesn't have to pay this fucking camel. But with that being said, you can't trust any of them, no offense. What I love you, you fucking vampire. But no. But they like you, just can't trust that the people in the desert, that they'll try to figure out a way to fuck you over every time.
Speaker 1: It's like in Star Wars, dude, the sad people will always find a way to be sisty.
Speaker 6: No, no, dude, right, I'm It's funny bring up as the Tuscan Raiders are based off of Islam, and do you remember Wato Anakin slave master, the the little fucking fly guy. Dude.
Speaker 2: Uh, if you look up Watto.
Speaker 6: W a t t o Oh yeah, character of the Jewish study. Yeah that that and he's actually wearing a black hat. He's Star Wars version of the Jews. And funny enough, both Anakin and Obi wan uh fuck up the Tuscan Riders to the point they actually thought both of them were just different version, like different halves of the same sand God and everything. It's fucking awesome. I love Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I honestly I've never seen an entire movie start to finish. I can't get through it. It's so boring to me.
Speaker 2: But watch it.
Speaker 6: We only watched episode one through six. Everything that pass that is haresy.
Speaker 2: We don't talk of it again. Dope.
Speaker 1: I did watch the Mandalorian series. I thought that was cool. Heresy.
Speaker 6: Yes, Disney, everything Disney touched, they fuck up and destroy Look what they've done. Look what they did to the story of Mulan and everything, like the live action completely destroyed it. And I've read the actual legend of Mulan. It's pretty dope. But they didn't have to desecrate my boy Moostion. Goddamn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't deny that Disney has made it a whole business model to ruin a really good product, just absolutely destroy it and then send it out and the people still eat it up.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 2: That's what kills me.
Speaker 1: No matter what they do, they're making money regardless of whether it's a good product or not. It's mind blowing. But I also blame Disney adults for that. I absolutely blame Disney adults, which are Oh, it's a whole different breed of human being that needs therapy. But anyway, back to the conversation we're having here, all right, Tony.
Speaker 2: I see you.
Speaker 1: I know, if you wanted to weigh in on any of the points that were brought up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just wanted to say, I think the Pope and the papacy have been piece necks for a couple hundred years. I think they might have taken positions in the Napoleonic Wars, but ever since then, in the World wars and everything since then, they've just been saying, everybody negotiate more, everyone sit down and talk, and don't go to war. That's just their default position all the time. It's not really special this time in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's also a pretty good spot for them to be in.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the points that the Pope would be making as far as politics are concerned, I don't want him to be a political figure. I would much rather him be a spiritual leader, which is what he's called to do. So, yeah, they don't take I wouldn't say neutrality, but as close to neutrality as the possibly can be for sure. Also just saw that the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, and I don't know what the title is, but essentially the Pope of the Eastern Orthodoxy what do they call him bishop or something, whatever their top dog is, they went and did his thing where they were doing the nice and Creed. And apparently there's this big disagreement between the East and West as far as the Roman Catholic versus the Eastern orthodox is concerned about one of the lines of the Nicean Creed. The Roman Catholic Church has always been very staunch about away certain things are worded.
Speaker 2: The current pope just changed it and made it to.
Speaker 1: Where the way the Eastern Orthodoxy says it is also good and blessed in all the things. So he seems to be, at least on the onset to be trying to extend all the branches where he can. And I could respect that, you know, anyway, tell about these things, controlling the straight would have long.
Speaker 2: It would be long and costly. Okay.
Speaker 1: So, as Trump boasted about US and Israeli military success over the past six weeks, he appeared to be working from a premise that he could bomb Iran into capitulation.
Speaker 2: I truly believe that's accurate.
Speaker 1: I think that he was under the assumption that if you go in kill all the top dudes and bomb the fuck out of them for two weeks. That Iran will just be ready to do whatever you want, and the people will rise up and.
Speaker 5: All of this.
Speaker 1: I it's a great thought, it's a great dream. That is not exactly how this one's gonna shake out, but anyway, continuing startled with the killing of the Ayatola. In the opening Salvos, he seemed to discount that the Iranian leadership could opt for.
Speaker 2: A long and bloody war.
Speaker 1: The Islamic Republic for the past forty seven years has shown it is willing to dig in even when it appears to America to be working against its own self interests. Yeah, yeah, absolutely suffer for their common goal.
Speaker 2: That is a fact.
Speaker 1: The clerical leadership hailed American hostages for four hundred and forty four days from late nineteen seventy nine to early nineteen eighty one, at the cost of the country's international standing. Yeah, let's not negate that that whole thing that happened whenever the Republic took over and all the things they just took. Those hostages for over a year. Not a good way to get the world on the new Iatola side and all that.
Speaker 2: But okay, The Mulas allowed.
Speaker 1: The Iran Iraq war to go on for years, leaving hundreds of thousands dead. Iran stood by Hamas after the October seventh attack that ultimately defamed the Iran backed group in Gaza as well as Hesboalah in Lebanon, and created the conditions that led to the collapse of Bashar al Asad's government in Syria and authoritarian rule supported by Tehran and Russia. Just to be clear, Iran's leadership excluded confidence that it could bog down the world's superpower in a costly and extended conflict, even if it might not defeat the US military. Defense analysis largely agreed that the US military could quickly take control of the narrow Persian Gulf waterway between Iran and Omar, through which roughly twenty percent of the world's oil flows on any given day, but maintaining security over the strait would require a high risk, resource intensive operation that could be a year's long American commitment. Ben Connible, executive director of the nonprofit Battle Research Group, said securing the strait would require the US military to maintain control of about six hundred kilometers, which is three hundred and seventy three miles of Iranian territory from kish Island in the west to bondor a Boss in the east, in order to stop Iran from firing missiles at passing ships. It is a mission that Kannibal said would likely require three US infantry divisions roughly thirty thousand to forty five thousand troops. You know, I gotta agree with that, I think, and I said that too whenever they were talking about how they're sending two different marine expeditionary units, and they're sending some of the eighty second Airborne and this and this, like they're not gonna do anything. You're not about to strong point an offensive with five thousand dudes and just say yeah, that'll be good enough. Send it, Like, no, you're not. I don't care what kind of softening you're doing. I don't care what kind of bombing runs you're doing. That's not it's never gonna be soft enough for sub ten thousand guys to strongpoint an entire beach invasion and call that like, oh, yeah, we're doing some real success here. That's asinine. But I also have believed that that was to bolster some numbers, you know, give a little more leverage, threatening with a little more severity.
Speaker 2: I I thought that was the route that was gonna be.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this would be an indefinite operation, So you know, think be ready to do this for twenty years, said Cannibal, a retire Marine Corps intelligence officer, say, I know it like that guy. We didn't think we were going to be in Afghanistan for twenty years. We didn't think we were gonna have We didn't think we were going to have to be in Vietnam as long as you were, or Iraq. The two week ceasefire includes allowing both Iran and Oman to charge fees on ships transitting through Hormuz, a regional office said. The office said Iran would be the money, or it would use the money it raises for reconstruction. White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt on Wednesday note that Trump has considered the idea of a toll for vessels passing through the straits, but in the near term, his priority is the reopening of the street without any limitations, whether in the form of tolls or otherwise. So as of this moment, yes see, I don't think the toll thing is going to go overwhelm I understand why around wants it and om on, for sure, it makes sense to me. But if the world got all shitty whenever America started throwing fifteen percent tariffs on everybody, I got a hard time believing that the world is gonna be like, oh, okay, mister Ayatola, we'll pay you twenty percent of what the load is worth as an extortion fee.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time picturing that. I just I don't know. I don't know. Anyway, we're pretty much to the end of it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to read about JD. Vancies.
Speaker 2: He's a person, one of the most people. Some might say.
Speaker 1: All right, moving forward here now, as we're talking about these Tomahawk missiles that have been dropped and everything, the US Navy seeks a one thousand, two hundred percent increase in Tomahawk missile procurement for twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: The Navy wants twelve to thirteen times the amount of Tomahawks to be bought next year.
Speaker 2: That's mind blowing, but all right.
Speaker 1: The US Navy is requesting a three billion dollars to replenish the stockpile of Tomahawk missiles that have been depleted over the course of the Iran War. According to the Defense Department's fiscal twenty twenty seven budget request. As part of the one point five trillion dollar budget requested request released Friday, the Navy is asked for a twelve hundred percent increase in the number of long range land attack missiles. The fiscal twenty twenty six Congress granted the service two hundred and fifty seven million for the purchase of fifty eight Tomahawk missiles. The Navy is now asking lawmakers to subsidize the production of seven hundred and eighty five Tomahawk missiles for a little over three billion dollars, including roughly one point five billion for Tomahawk missile modifications. The twenty twenty seven budget also requested four hundred and ninety four advanced medium range air to air missiles for a proximately eight hundred million, up from the one hundred and six am rams for roughly sixty nine million it asked for in the fiscal year of twenty twenty six. The Navy requested over twenty two billion dollars for overall weapons procurement, up from the approximate ten billion requested for the same category in twenty twenty six. The Washington Post reported on March twenty seven that the Pentagon was burning through Tomahawk missiles at an alarming rate, launching at least eight hundred and fifty since the Iran War began on February twenty eighth. That is, that is insane. The Center for Strategic International Studies released a report that said the US likely still has close to three thousand Tomahawks still in its arsenal, but the report stated that the eight hundred and fifty missiles were the most ever for a single military campaign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been six weeks. That's that's fucking mind blowing.
Speaker 1: Here. The next closest was eight hundred and two Tomahawks that were used during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Yeah, and I'll remember how people are losing their minds about that one. Twenty twenty seven budget requests, if passed, would largely replenish the bulk of the missiles used during Operation Epic Fury, notwithstanding the timeline it would take for them to be delivered. Mark Kansian Sansian, I don't know, one of the authors of the CSIS report, told Military Times in an interview that it would take two to three years to replace the eight hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty Tomahawks.
Speaker 1: Tomahawks already expended, so just in what we've blown in the last six weeks, he's saying it would take two or three years just to make them, regardless of what the money looks like. The Navy is expected to receive one hundred and ten Tomahawks and fiscal twenty twenty six year.
Speaker 2: According to the report.
Speaker 1: Tomahawks are ship launched ground attack missiles that possess long range accuracy and contain a one thousand pound warhead.
Speaker 2: The clip at.
Speaker 1: Which Tomahawks are being launched is reportedly affecting Pentagon business agreements. Japan's order for roughly four hundred Tomahawk missiles for the US is facing potential setbacks as a result of the heavy use of this specific ammunition during the Iran War. The order was originally set to be completed by March twenty twenty eight. RTX formerly Raytheon, produced one hundred new missiles in twenty twenty five. They also reported this. The defense contractor also signed an agreement with the Defense Department on February fourth to increase annual production of Tomahawk missiles up to one thousand over a potential seven year span. And I do remember that the DoD now the DOW, reached out to Raytheon and wanted to boost some productions of specifically Patriots, but also some tomahawks, some attack thems. If I'm not mistaken, a couple of these, and it wasn't a small number. And everybody thought, oh, there you go, the military industrial complex and the war machine. And now it's like, no, it's probably possible that they knew we were going to be using some of our older stock and we were going to need to replenish. I don't know, let's see what's on the next one. Oh, this is a fun one though. So remember how I said that we had a little bit of a snaffoo where people genuinely thought that the ceasefire was broken. Come to find out, the UAE Mirage jets suspected in the post ceasefire strike in Iranian refinery. This is from Turkey today or turk Ia. I forget how the Turkish pronounced their own country.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: In America, we call it Turkey. And apparently they sent a Mirage jet to drop some ordinance after a ceasefire was striked or a ceasefire was agreed upon strike, but I don't know if the UAE was actually read in on the conversation or was this like a little oopsie daisy, let's read it.
Speaker 2: So, the UAE emerged.
Speaker 1: Wednesday as a suspected offensive actor in the widening Golf conflict, with multiple Iranian sore and open source military analysis pointing to the UAE Air Force Mirage two thousand and nine fighter jets as the platform behind a strike on Iran's Lavan Island oil refinery hours after a US brokeer ceasefire was supposed to have halted hostilities.
Speaker 2: Abu Dhabi has.
Speaker 1: Not confirmed nor denied the allegations, but the circumstantial case circulating in defense intelligence communities is substantial enough to have triggered an immediate Iranian retaliation or retaliatory response against the Amorati territory. Photographs circulating on social media Wednesday purportedly show one of the UAS Mirage two thousand tac nines involved in the operation. While the images have not been independently verified, analysis noted that the aircraft type is both operationally confirmed as active that morning and technically suited to exactly this type of mission. The UAE Ministry of Defense confirmed earlier in the day that its Mirage jets had I've been scrambled framing their role as intercepting incoming Iranian drones and missiles. Whether those same sorties also included offensive tasking against Levon remains the central unanswered question. This is the image. This is the picture of whatever the hell dropped some ordinance on a power plant, and it's.
Speaker 2: Definitely not American.
Speaker 1: We can give you actual information as far as where all of our planes were that day.
Speaker 2: But this shore looks like a Mirage to me.
Speaker 1: And I'm not an expert in aircraft, but you know, look at that picture, look at these pictures.
Speaker 2: You know I could see it.
Speaker 1: I really could anyway, So a strike platform built for exactly this role. The Mirage two thousand and Tact nine is the most capable export variant of the dessaults long running Mirage two thousand family, and the UA East Fleet represents the type at its operational peak. Abu Dhabi signed a three point two billion dollar contract in nineteen ninety eight for thirty two newly built aircraft and the upgrade of thirty older airframes to the same standard. Given the Emirates one of the most advanced Mirage fleets ever operated. The aircraft is equipped with Shabab or Shahab laser targeting pods, the RDY two synthetic aperture radar with synthetic apertures and moving target indicator in mods, a fully integrated IMEWS electronic warfare suit described by analysis as comparable to the most advanced systems of any fourth generation fighter, and the Black Shaheen Cruise missile, a variant of the MBDA Apache capable of precision standoff strikes. Long story short, the Mirage is a very capable aircraft component, and yeah, it's very possible that that's who drops some ordinance here. The Iranian State Television attributed the Levon strike explicitly to a ceasefire violation, while the NIOARDC called it a cowardly attack by the enemies. The Islamic Republic News Agency was more direct, pointing to the UAE and its framing of the retaliatory operations that followed. Within roughly an hour of the attack, Iran's IRIIB reported that the drone and missile strikes had been launched against the UAE and Kuwait indirect response, The retaliation was substantial.
Speaker 2: Kuwait's armed forces said they engaged twenty eight Iranian drones between eight am and one pm local time. Some targeted oil installations, power stations, and water desalination infrastructure in the country south, causing what the military describes as significant material damage.
Speaker 1: The UAE said its air defense systems were simultaneously intercepting ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and unmanned aerial vehicles. Fires broke out at Abu Dhabi's Hobshaan gas complex after interception debris fell on the facility. Bahram reported drone activity as well, with two citizens sustained any minor injuries from shrapnel in the Citra area. So all right, I am of the opinion as of this moment that the ceasefire break that you may have heard of was probably this. I don't know this for a fact, but I would believe it if if that makes sense. But yeah, before we get to anything else, actually, I might as well go ahead and check the chat.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I can find no UH. I can find no information to say that UH, Israel, America or the the or Iran have broken the ceasefire by their own UH basically throwing up a middle finger and saying, fuck itt, the war's back on. I cannot see any of this, but all right, let's let's check the chat real quick. Cool, y'all, y'all, I'll drop some knowledge here, okay, Jesus, Yeah, scroll way up here. So talking about the teetering ceasefire and Lebanon, mnus suggest Sam being Sam, okay, got you, got you the only places that didn't get oil.
Speaker 2: Love you to uh just please take deep breath from time to peace to all. Yeah, yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Does anyone want to talk about the rescued pilot and the WSO and what may have happened there? I would love to, because I have seen so many different reports of what happened. Apparently there was this epic gunfight and Aroan is somehow claiming it as a victory. Even though we got our pilots back, they had to send in special forces this whole thing, Tony, what have you heard about it?
Speaker 5: Okay, here's what I have heard about this. The speculation is that this was a much much, much larger operation to uh, I guess land a bunch of people like one hundred guys. Trump multiple times said that there were one hundred guys with this operation going into Iran, not just way back on computers, but that this was a big operation attempting to collect all of their enriched uranium, all four hundred pounds of it, from Isfahan, which is kind of in the middle of the country, sort of western middle of the country. And there's a lot of things about the down plane, the F fifteen that don't make sense. A lot of people pointed out that the first the pilot was rescued from Huzastan Province, but that's way in the west, and Isfahan is like one hundred miles to the east of that. And the explanation I saw for that is that, well, it's possible that they ejected separately, and a plane could coast one hundred miles if it's high up enough and following its gleidslope, So I guess that's possible. But this other mission with lots of guys, I don't know if it was one hundred, but you know, multiple c one thirties or one thirty fives. They were going to go to one place near us Fahan. They ended up going to where the downed weapons safety officer ended up instead, which was a few miles away, so their mission got totally sidetracked and basically aborted. Everyone may have gotten out of their lives, all the Americans, but they did not accomplish their mission of getting the enrisched uranium. This might have been a blessing in disguise, because if they had gotten bogged down trying to get that uranium from a position that was much better defended, a lot of them might have died. So yeah, so Trump really wanted the uranium, did not get it. This could also be why there were a couple of the major firings of a couple of generals, like General Randy George just a few days before it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I cannot believe they fired General George of all the people that they would take out.
Speaker 2: That dude was excellent at his job. But sure, that's a flex I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they might. He might have not wanted to do this operation and they needed somebody else who would. So this is all speculation, but it would explain why there were so many aircraft that ended up destroyed in Iran.
Speaker 1: So, and this might be me being a bit conspiratorial, but I want to bounce this off of you, and you tell me what you think, and again this is not me taking the opportunity to shit on Iran's defense capabilities, but hear me out. We were flying eight ten war dogs in this country, and the only way you're flying that is if you have complete air dominance, like unquestioned air dominance. That's a very slow airframe. So for the this F fifteen to get shot down, that was a lot of people said, oh see, Jacob doesn't know what he's talking about. Clearly their air defense they're still operational. If they're able to shoot down at F fifteen. What are the chances realistically that they were allowed to shoot this down that they wanted this F fifteen to get hit so that the pilots could eject so they could launch this big operation under the guise of a rescue mission, when in reality this.
Speaker 2: Was some secret squirrel type shit. What are the chances of.
Speaker 5: That, The odds that the US wanted some kind.
Speaker 2: Of justified reason to do more like.
Speaker 5: This search and rescue pretty low in my opinion, really, But yeah, I think Iran's air defense it's probably very scattered from place to place throughout the country. It's a huge country, after all, it's way bigger than Texas. Yeah, and they probably had more air defense in Isfahan than elsewhere. And you know, it probably just depends on where the planes are flying, and there's probably vast stretches of land where they can fly without getting shot down. But don't go to the wrong place.
Speaker 1: That's fair, right, Okay, I don't know, And I've heard a couple of people say that, and it's like, oh shit, who was it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't candae Ellans. I forget who it was.
Speaker 1: It was somebody that was talking about why would they send all of this for two pilots, which the pilot was recovered relatively quickly. It was the weapons officer they were trying to get. Why would they do all of this with all this manpower to get this one person? That doesn't seem like it's justifiable. And I'm like, that's typically how America does things, especially with somebody who has critical knowledge about weapons systems like that. Yeah, they got to get him out of there before he becomes a prisoner. But I heard a few people say that it might and maybe not that the pilots allowed themselves to get shot down for this purpose, but the American forces saw their golden opportunity and is like Okay, so we have to send in a force to get these dudes out. We could send twenty, but we also could send an extra eighty and have them go do some other shit while they happen to be there under this banner.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I haven't done much of a deep dive into this. I've heard a few people throw it out. I thought it was interesting. I don't know anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know either, But glad we got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Trump referred multiple times to one hundreds of personnel on the ground around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did, absolutely. Spirit is like old test Or bust.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you meant by that Midnight Kong, but all right, oh you're talking about spirit animal.
Speaker 2: It's like old Testament or Noah bro.
Speaker 5: Ye, spirit animal left.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: He took off.
Speaker 2: He's always jumping on it. He was real quick to go old Testamental stuff. I was like, calm down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Bro It kills me when these Chris and I understand as Christians we should be acknowledging both Testaments, but we live under the New. But man, you'll find some of these dudes that re the old Testament as if Jesus wrote it. And it's like, ooh, I don't think we should be getting down with all of the Old Testament.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, I'm wearing flannel right now.
Speaker 1: Just all under the law of LEVI I'd be like put to death under this shit because this is similar cloths and shit. But anyway, yeah, yeah, some of those Old Testament fuckers, Man, they take it too far.
Speaker 2: And Sam is just Sam, must be honest. I don't even think he's Old Testament. I think he's just Sam. But that's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh philly, Ok, that's the word philioke tony and correct me if I'm wrong. It's like this is like the Father the Son in the Holy Spirit or something along this line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to remember the exact line and the nice scene create it goes, I believe in the Holy Spirit, who proceeds from the Father. And somebody added the word philioko, which means and the Son. Yeah, So does the Holy Spirit proceed only from the Father or from the Father and the Son? Yeah, I can't answer that question. This is all just faith based.
Speaker 2: That's one of the divine mysteries of the book, right right, right.
Speaker 5: But this is the one word that the East and West completely disagree about. It's philioque. It means and the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: But also props to the Pope for trying to offer a bridge, you know, and just trying to elevate above and beyond the past. I find that to be good. With this little button I could turn. Oh Jesus Christ, Sam, this dude, I swear to God.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, so you know we are moving on while we're talking about the things shifting and the prices of oil going down and stocks are going up. I do find it interesting that bitcoin prices break seventy two thousand dollars after US are on ceasefire. What comes next?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: If y'all remember just a few months back, when these Epstein files dropped, the bitcoin price dropped out as well.
Speaker 2: It went downhill.
Speaker 1: Now bitcoin prices are up over seventy two thousand per coin because of Iran I financeting. Let's read more. Bitcoin serge Tuesday evening after President Trump announced a temporary ceasefire with Iran, a move that sent the largest cryptocurrency higher and sparked a broader market repricing. Following Trump's announcement, Bitcoin jumped nearly five percent and traded around seventy two thousand at the time of writing. Crypto market capitalization climbed roughly two point three trillion to about two point four to three trillion as investors poured back into risk assess assets, while oil prices tumbled on the de escalation in the Middle East. So why did the ceasefire spark bitcoin demand? In his post, Trump said that he agreed to suspending strikes in Iran for two weeks, conditional on the Tehrant's commitment to complete immediate and safe.
Speaker 2: Opening of the show corn moves.
Speaker 1: The president added that he made the decision after convergion conversations with Pakistan's Prime Minister and Field Marshall, who asked him to hold off on military action. Market experts also pointed to additional proximate drivers of the rally beyond the geopolitical news. On social media platform x Defied Tracer identified large buys in major exchanges and market makers immediately after the ceasefire was announced. According to experts, bit nance Binance excuse Me purchased twenty nine three and forty four bitcoin, wow Coinbase bought twenty a little over twenty thousand bitcoin, Kraken acquired over eighty six hundred bitcoin, Winter Mute bought a little over seventy or seven thousand, by Bit picked up Damn near fifty two hundred, and transactions together totaled about four point five billion in bitcoin. So right after Trump made this announcement, everybody decided now was the time to move on bitcoin. Which this is why I don't do it. This is why I don't gamble in the crypto markets. It makes no sense to me how people.
Speaker 2: Will be able to read the writing on the wall.
Speaker 1: And be like, Yep, now's the time to move. I just don't see it. I don't see it anyway, y'all. That's pretty much all I have for this episode. Had a couple other articles we could have talked about, but it's not really pertinent, just some science stuff. But anyway, for everybody listening to this show on Thursday, what you could do to join us every Wednesday night at nine pm Central is go to link the description to Patreon dot com slash Cajun Night. We're just trying to grow this to be its own information sharing gathering that gets together once a week to discuss the things of the.
Speaker 2: Day and age.
Speaker 1: I want to thank everybody for joining me on this one and as always, I am the Cajun
Speaker 2: Knight and God bless