Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great American. Of course, Leland viteris with News Nation. He's moving to seven pm to nine pm on News Nation Monday through Friday. On balance, so much more going on and Leland vinter welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, leaving the decision came out this morning from the US Supreme Court to give constitutional authority in a sense to the Congress that passed a ban on TikTok that takes effect at midnight on Sunday. Between now and then the Kulbi, two or three things happen. Biden has said he's going to leave it up to the next administration. Trump has said, well, it needs to be owned by an American business. I can't imagine during the heyday of the USSR if the Russians would control CBS Evening News and the Wall Street Journal. I don't think we would allow that to happen. But TikTok is one hundred and seventy five million users, two thirds of young adults, one third of adults over the age of twenty five are on TikTok, along with alliens of businesses. And I think the Trumpsters are the deal he's going to do something to delay at sixty to ninety days and try to work it out. And is that the way you see things you going with TikTok?
Speaker 2: Well, I think your analysis on why TikTok is a dangerous spot on right. There was all the things about oh, they know where you are and they know your metadata on your phone and being sent back to China, which is true, and then everybody goes, why do I care? Like you know, it didn't really Really The issue is is that the Chinese Communist Party gets to decide what Americans are seeing, and they used that to sew division in America. We saw that during the campus protests and the pro Hamas rallies post October seventh. It's why young people became so anti Semitic and so anti Israel and so pro Hamas would be. They were being said this diet by the Chinese Communist Party. So you're right, during the Cold War, we wouldn't have left the Soviet Union O CBS and the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, and we wouldn't have let the Germany during World War Two. I see it a little differently. I think that the Chinese have shown and they've said this, We'd rather shut TikTok down than sell it. And they've said that, which tells you that it's not about a business, which proves them as liars. You know, the Chinese are lying when their lips are moving. I'm I am unclear why Donald Trump would allow something that is so dangerous and bad for America to continue to operate for a single day. Shut it down, Okay, get leverage over the Chinese, and then if they want to sell it, fine, No, no, no, No one's going to go hungry in America because TikTok is shut down while this art of the deal is being done.
Speaker 1: Right, and so we'll see what occurs to the communist red. Chinese have about a one trillion dollars per year budget does surplus with America. That is that they sell us a trillion dollars more things than we sell them. And so the idea that in addition to the marketplace eighty ninety percent of our pharmaceuticals all come from China. They control large parts of the American economy. They also have billions of dollars worth of US Treasury notes. They also have TikTok in which they're gathering the algorithms. They're gathering all the personal data of one hundred and seventy five million Americans to be used against them. It's incredible how we let this to happen. And this is a set up perfectly for Donald Trump on Monday, on inaugural Day. Somehow this is the art of the deal, and this is right in his swing house because he now knows that he can do something. And there's Americans who want to buy it, including mister Wonderful on CNBC. They want to buy it. But maybe Red China will say, you know what, We're not going to we shut it down completely, in which case the market will find another outlet. Correct. The market always wins.
Speaker 2: You have a lot more confidence in Donald Trump's ability to pull this off than I do, because I think there's a there's another Well. Look, I'm a journalist. My job is to be skeptical, right. I'm not pro Trump, I'm not anti Trump. I'm my job is to just tell you what's happening and why it's happening. The Chinese have enormous influence over Elon Musk because of Tesla lithium supplies for Tesla batteries and because of Tesla's market in China. Without China, Tesla is in a world of hurt as a company. And most of Elon Musk's wealth comes from Tesla, the vast majority of it. So there there are some there are some pressure points on Donald Trump that I think over the next six months to twelve months are going to become very clear. And there's there is this big break inside his administration. You have Marco Rubio yesterday, who made the point you made about pharmaceuticals, about our debt, about China's aggression in Asia, about their course of you know, their corsion around the world to try and heal countries away from being allies with America, and he gave a big warning in ten years America will essentially exist at China's willingness and at their behest. That's really dangerous. And again this idea, you know, Donald Trump said, I have a soft spot for TikTok. I don't know why you would have a soft spot for something that is so so bad for America and so and run so completely by America's adversary dot dot dot And I again, mister wonderful can do whatever you want. I don't really care. My issue is why would why would you if you want leverage over China shut it down. Call their bluff on day one, okay, and then we can negotiate later. You give this a reprieve. Okay, you are handing China a win on day one.
Speaker 1: We'll see in the next couple of days. What occurs to shut down at midnight on Sunday and the Monday morning twelve later.
Speaker 2: You want to give you, We're going to give you the real kicker here. Yes, may shut down. All All the law says is we're going to remove it must be removed from the app store. So the one hundred and seventy million Americans who have it on their phones can keep it on their phones and they can keep using it. The people who said they're going to shut it down or the Chinese because they want to force the issue.
Speaker 1: And so the Trumpster's got a decision if they shut it down. Does your crystal ball tell you that Chinese will shut down an app actually do what they said they're going to do. I don't think they're going to shut it down. I think they won't take any new users. Just let it play out. That's my prediction.
Speaker 2: I think the Chinese play a game of chess that is so unbelievably aggressive, and they think that they can play us, and by giving any kind of reprieve to me is an enormous I was a mistake, but he well, actually, I say that giving the Chinese any kind of reprieve until they meaningfully change how they act is an enormous mistake.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move to page two. Is this an historical presidency? And I'll make this argument to you Leland Witdertive News Nation that when I look at what Donald Trump has done the past ten years in politics, it's historically unpresidented. In twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, he took down the Bush dynasty dynasty which was of course Jeff Bush. He was done. And then the Obama wanted the continuation of the third Obama term with Hillary Clinton. He defeated the Bushes, then he defeated the Obamas. Then here comes Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton entitled presidency. Took down the Clintons, and then came Joe Biden. Joe Biden has been in office for more than a half a century, one way or another. Took down the Bidens, he took down the Cheney's, he took down Nancy Pelosi that won't even come to the inaugural, which is who cares? But the point is the Bushes, the Obama, the Clinton's, the Cheneye, the Biden's, Nancy Pelosi all fall beneath the mighty boot of Donald Trump. And I was thinking, Okay, could some businessman out of New York City pull this one off? The answer is not is only yes as hell? Yes? Is this an historical moment taking place on Monday when he takes the presidency again?
Speaker 2: Well, frankly, anytime America gets a new president, it's historical. Will Donald Trump go down in history as a unique inflection point? Which is? I think what you're pointing out in American history? Absolutely? And you went through the list of sort of things and enforces in American politics that he has vanquished. It is absurdly impressive. Friday Night Tonight and then Sunday Night again, NewsNation presents Bill O'Reilly United States of Trump, where we go through all this. I interviewed Bill O'Reilly, He's known Trump for thirty five years, unbelievable access, an insight into was you would call him the Trumpster? And what motivates him, what the dangers are ahead, on and on. Yes, yes, it's historical. I get that. The one thing I would caution Americans about, you know that that old line which is forever true, this too shall pass. Number one, right, and number and number two. Okay, we'll see you know, Donald Trump. Donald Trump's presidency was chugging along just fine in twenty nineteen and into twenty twenty, and then COVID hit, for which he was uniquely I should say, uh, probably unprepared to deal with. And uh yes, there were a lot of forces against him that that that worked against him and sort of you know, wanted to use COVID to get him out of office. But I think what's most historical about right now, and I think you'll agree with me on this is how the resistance to Donald Trump in the media, in corporate America, and in tech, which in twenty seventeen, those three groups coalesced around stopping Donald Trump at all costs. That resistance that was like the glacier was put in the microwave. Over the past three months, I'm looking, I'm looking out right now in my window at the founder of Starbucks. Find me a more liberal company than Starbucks. His yacht is here for the inauguration.
Speaker 1: N Zuckerberg and all the Olive Garks that supported Joe Biden. He loved the oligarchs when they were with him. He hates him now that he's against him, including the entire Democratic Party. This waxes and Wayne's hell. In nineteen sixty four, you couldn't find a Republican with a search war, and four years later Nixon was elected, and these things that went back and forth all the time. So who knows what's going to be like in four years. But if he has a successful presidency, then JD. Vans will likely be elected president and get an eight year run.
Speaker 2: Now, thanks Cunningham. Yeah, I'm gonna get you. Go, get me on the record. Okay, now I'm getting you on the record. The governor of Ohio announces his pick for the United States Senate at one pm Eastern. I believe we're talking at eleven fifteen am. Yes, who does the wine?
Speaker 1: Pick my crystal ball, says Lieutenant Governor John Eusted. For this reason that Viveke Ramaswami was encouraged by Trump to take the Senate seat. But Mavek has told many, including yours surely, that his real goal is to become the governor of Ohio. And when John Houston, who has got all the backing of the powers that be in Ohio to be the next governor, decides okay, I'll switch to the Senate. That leaves the path of Veke Ramaswami clearly open to become the next governor. He can spend the next year in Doge, going around and around with Elon Musk, and then come to Ohio where he's from. He went to school about five miles f where I broadcast from it, a place called Sanex High School. Grew up in Springfield Township. He lives in Columbus now, and then he can become the He wants to do something. And I harkened back to the two conversations I had one with George Bonovitch wanted to Mike DeWine. Both have been governor for eight years, and both had been in the Senate for eight years. And I asked him both separately. Of course, I said governor of Vanovitch. What's a better job, he said, I asked him Senate or governor. He says, there's no question about it. Everyone knows being a governor is better because you can do something with a Senate you can't. You can advocate, you win, you lose your horse trade. Mike Dwaine told me the same thing about three weeks three months ago. He said, I'm so happy I'm not in the Senate. I hated it there, all the horse dealing, all the crap you had to put up with. I love being the governor. And viveg. Garamaswami has listened to that advice that's saying, oh, you can actually do something in Ohio. So I think it's going to be John Houston and then Viveke Garamaswami will say he's going to run for the governorship. That's my prediction. You heard it here first, all right, we got to run once again. Uh, Leland Vetter, congratulations. I guess it's a little bit of a promotion to prime time nine pm, money through Friday on News Nation. I'll be watching tonight and once again, Leland Vitter, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Leland. Thanks Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more. And that's my prediction. I'm sticking to it until after one o'clock, we're going to hear the news conference live. According to Tony Bender, so at that point we'll know, but that's my prediction. Could things switch up, absolutely, But I think the stars are aligning for John Euston, the Lieutenant governor, to get appointed to the Senate and get him there immediately because the votes next week are going to be gigantic. And then secondly, Vivek has a gig already. Come back to Ohian about a year and away you go. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WULW Billy Cunningham, The Great America, A big news day here. We live for these kind of moments. Coming up after one o'clock will be the news conference of Mike Dwine Live. I'm making a prediction, I think, along with Tanya or Rourke, who doesn't make too many predictions, that it's likely to be Housted. But we do not know. John Eustad is the Lieutenant governor of the state of Ohio. And there was national publications the last two weeks who said that Avake Ramaswami san x grad from a Springfield township. You know, Cincinnati is the political center of the world right now, right here Cincinnati, Everyone coming out of Cincinnati is doing great things. But nonetheless, and so that's a field speculation that Vake Ramaswami was going to get the Senate appointment of JD. Vance he vacated the position about a week ago, and that John Houston, the light governor, is going to run state of Ohio after Mike DeWine moves on. So but a national reporting has been rather quiet on it. But between yours truly and Tanyo O'Rourke, I think we have that information, but I'm not sure. Won't know for sure until after one o'clock today, And secondly, later on we have Senator Ran Paul will be with us live after two o'clock. Until then we move on. I would note that the Equal Rights Amendment, you might recall, that was passed by the Congress in nineteen seventy two, but it failed to be ratified by the required three force in the states within the seven year deadline. But Joe Biden has announced that the Eagle Rights Amendment is now part of the Constitution, overriding the two thirds of the House two thirds of the Senate that said the era Egle Rights Amendment had to be resolved by the states within seven years would have been nineteen seventy nine. I tell Joe that the law says it is not part of the constitution, but Joe Biden announced recently it is part of the constitution. Stay tuned from more tan Yo Rook will be here in about five or six minutes to talk about a couple issues. One as the Bengals lease. The other one is the announcement. At one o'clock. We're going to carry it for you live. Mike Dewinea points Jade Vans's replacement on seven hundred WLW Cincinnati. Let's continue, we never stop, We simply continue. After one o'clock, Mike DeWine will be here through the kind offices of ABC News to announce his pick for lieutenant, his pick for a US Senate seat, and maybe his pick for aten of governor. We think, but a woman in touch with all these issues is Tanyo Rourke The Power of nine at w CPO and Tanyo Rourke, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Tanya, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great? How are you?
Speaker 3: Bill?
Speaker 2: It's so good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: I can't bet I can't be any better. Let's talk first of all about what governors maybe perhaps reported to say after one o'clock. I can tell you straight.
Speaker 2: I've been reporting this for the.
Speaker 4: Better part of forty five minutes. This is it's going to be John Houston. So John Houston is going to the Senate. I've gotten that from people very close to the situation who that you know, the governor Dwine has made that as a pick. We know, we you know, we know that he talked to Vivike Ramaswami over the weekend. We know the Vike was, you know, mildly interested in it, but really wants the governorship. I've talked to the Vikes people in there today, in fact, yesterday, I talked to him, touch him today and they're like, look, he's on he's on target. He's going forward with doje and he'll be announcing running governor. You know sometimes now, so it feels like maybe in this situation, everyone kind of gets what they want. John Houston moves on to the Senate, takes every Jdvans the seat, and maybe the Veke Roamswami runs for governor of the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: You know, Tanya, there was reporting about a week ago through national media types that Donald Trump wanted for Veke Ramaswami to get this seat, and by John Houston was also acceptable to him because the governor took John Tomar a Lago to kiss the ring about three weeks ago. So that came out of nothing. So the reporting that Vavek had the inside track because of Donald Trump may not have been accurate at the time.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I think that certainly I could never speak to what goes on in the governor's mind, right, But if the Vek is like, yeah, I wouldn't mind Senate, but I really would prefer governor. And the governor has a choice to make, like who is going to go to the Senate and protect Ohio and Ohioans? Who can he trust? I mean, the things that I think that we know from the actions that governors wanted has taken in the past is basically he looks at competency and then he looks at loyalty, and he is going to pick somebody who he knows will do the right thing that he believes is the right thing for the great state of Ohio. So does this surprise you in any way that John hu said would be a good choice for him or his choice, I should say, in a.
Speaker 1: Sense, the governor will not be picking the next governor because that's going to be done by the people. And you know, we have a pretty good attorney general named David Yost who wants to also run. He's announced he's running. And so Mike DeWine did not want to put his thumb on the scales and say, Okay, I'm going to pick for you the next governor by endorsing us John Eustaid for governor and give this to the other way. So that one thing he could have done was appoint a person to serve immediately in the Senate. Because right now the Senate is down to about fifty one Republicans. They began at fifty three. But in aust Ohio they don't have Ohio at the present time. They will soon. And also Florida, the attorney general there female is not going to take office to a Tuesday or Wednesday. She's clean up her office. So he's getting rather thin. And so he wanted to a point someone who could go in immediately, and that person, John Eusta, did not talk to him about two weeks ago. And you know, his focus was on Ohio. He said, I'm not a Washington kind of a guy, I'm an Ohio kind of a guy. And I said, I get it. He said, But let's face it, I'll do what the governor asked me to do. And so I think it came down to Mike DeWine saying I can appoint my friend, my buddy, I know we'll do a good job in the Senate, John Houston. And then if Avake Ramaswami actually comes back to Ohio in about a year and says I'm going to run, it might be a crowded field, in which case the governor is not picking the next governor. The governor's picking the next Senator, which he can control, and he likes John Eusta a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, and think about what is going on in Ohio right now. You have so much federal do so many federal dollars running into the state of Ohio for gigantic projects, and so maybe you need someone who can really who knows your agenda as the governor of Ohio, who knows And again I'm making wild assumptions here, but maybe not so wild, is it. Wouldn't you as governor want someone who knows, who has been with you for seven years now and knows exactly what you want for the state of Ohio and you know that person inside and out. As well as much as you can know another person in that way. And so if you have been in lockstaff for the last six and a half seven years that you're going to walk in, you have that person walk into Washington and protect Ohio and what it's been working towards this whole time. I think that makes some sense if you think about it.
Speaker 2: From that perspective.
Speaker 1: And of course it's needed immediately because this is Friday afternoon. I got to start voting on things immediately. Who becomes the lieutenant governor because at some point, you know, at some point, but you no, no, I would not no, judge Penny, no, no, how about you? How about you?
Speaker 4: Nobody needs me. That would not go well, that would not go well.
Speaker 2: Not interested.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you know, I think that there are a lot of people in the great state of Ohio who would serve the f lieutenant governor quite well. I think that, you know, the governor probably has plenty of people lining up, as I understand it, the line without the door of people wanting this Senate.
Speaker 2: See, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: So same thing, the same thing with the lieutenant governor.
Speaker 4: I would think, yeah, I would think so too. I mean, basically, everyone who said I really wanted Tennessee now says, hey, how about my governor?
Speaker 2: I would do that too.
Speaker 1: Let's let's talk. We're going to carry it live in about twenty minutes, so I'm sure Channel nine is also let's talk about the Bengals lace, the ongoing saga, which is now thirty years This is about as ugly as it get. Tell the American people time, yo, uric, what's happening with the Bengals lease?
Speaker 4: Okay, So, our I team, Dan Monk and company had been working on this for quite some time and we got a bunch of dump of information that for you know, we asked for all these freedom of information documents and we've got them yesterday, so that we have big stories coming on this today. And let me read a quote to you that was sent by Jeff to Jeff Aludo, who is a Hamil County administrator from the Bengals vice president Troy Blackbird, married to Katie Brown Blackbird. Right, this is Thursday, January ninth. Oh goodness, my computer literally just timed out for a second. It basically says that give me a second. Here is the county has not performed its obligations under the lease with the stadium entering his final lease year, the situation stands very much at a precipice, and we hope progress can be made to the stadium remains an asset.
Speaker 2: For the community.
Speaker 4: Does that sound like a little bit of a veiled threat, Yes, yes, yeah, maybe not so veiled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's not just said that you've breached the lease, and the Bengals of course playing the card that we may renew it. I guess there's five two year extensions up to ten years, and then things have completely collapsed. And at this point the city and the Bengals are on different pages. And the Bengals think that the cities breached the lease in several areas. And this reporting from Dan Monk and Channel nine has numerous areas in which they tell the America be able to two or three main things that the county's not done so far.
Speaker 4: It's the county and so the Bengals in the county are the ones who have to negotiate this deal. But so Blackburn is accused the county is violating a section of the clause. They called for the county to reimburse the team for game day expenses in the final like multiple years, nine years of that lease. Now they weigh the payments in twenty eighteen and changed for the county spending thirty million dollars to move Hilltop Concrete, you know, that concrete company away from the riverfront. But it didn't happen in the t timely manner it was supposed to. So the team started building the county for the game day expenses back in twenty twenty three. So they're saying you're in violation of that, and so the firing back by the county is and so we're like kind of a tit for cat at this point, like, Okay, well you didn't talk to us about renaming the stadium, pay Corps approval, none of that, you know. So there's this, you know, back and forth and back and forth going on and again. The latest one was the one I read to from January ninth, that they're saying, well, we hope we can still remain an asset for this community.
Speaker 1: And another part of this Troy Blackburn memo says to following me on the second page, another major issue that Bengals believes the team and the county already should have made significant progress on four hundred and ninety four million dollars in basic facility improvements outlined by the consulting firm as part of the County and Bengals review of the stadium's condition leading up to the least negotiations. The firms of the stadiums will maintain as good bones but needed upgrades to its fire protection, structure, technology, concessions, roof and transportation between levels. And basically this memo indicates that those complete breakdown and negotiations correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's to me as I'm reading it, I'm looking at this point, Well, they're certainly miles apart, for sure, At a minimum, they're miles apart. To me, it sounds like this is not going well in the slightest I've reached out to Tom Gableman, who is an attorney who is hired by the county to work on these lease steals. As you well know, we as a WCPO have reached out to virtually everyone involved in the situation trying to get anyone to talk to us about this specifically. Of course, you have a huge breakdown on this coming up for you at six o'clock tonight, but it is it is never going to be I think, I think if you remember back to what was it twenty seven years ago when the stadium Lea Steel was being negotiated, you know, then this was didn't I think a lot of people would look at that Lee Steel and go, wow, the Browns really got a great deal. Hey, that's a pretty lucrative deal. So the county didn't do a fantastic job then necessarily, and I don't It doesn't look like it's going well right now.
Speaker 1: No, another part of us. In May of twenty twenty four, that the team announced it would spend on its own one hundred and twenty million dollars of its own money, partially fund up by the NFL on stadium upgrades. In July of twenty twenty four, which about six months ago, Blackburn accused the county of blocking those plans. So the county would not agree to the Bengals spending one hundred million dollars on upgrades. And you have to shake your head. Why would the county not accept one hundred twenty million dollars? And that the county said no, we're not going to accept that.
Speaker 4: It's like what, yeah, so why why is that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 2: What is the deal here?
Speaker 4: So we've got those guys pouring over all of these documents trying to get to the bottom of what is really happening. But you knew from the very beginning this is not going to go particularly easily. I think that the Brown family are very intelligent people. This is their business.
Speaker 2: It's what they do for a living.
Speaker 4: They run a football team, right, and so this is this is their bread and butter. They don't have another industry outside of this. They're all attorneys, and they're going to figure this out and they're going to hire the best attorneys. And on the other side, you've got the county, who is, you know, working within its means to have an attorney's working on their behalf. And it was never going to go swimmingly. But I did not expect, I don't know, if you didn't expect to see either to be going fit badly this early.
Speaker 1: I would have thought one other part of this. A memo for Channel nine I'll have it on tonight, says the following, Yeah, it is stunning, this is uh, this is Blackburn. It is stunning that Hamlin a county not only refuses to maintain the stadium but actually restrains us from maintaining our own stadium. That's hard to understand. We're simply out of time, quote unquote, So the county won't let the Bengal spend money, and the county says, uh, they're in violation of the lease. The Bengals say the county's in the violation of the lease, and Troy Blackburn says, quote, we're simply out of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those holiday good fields are over. You know, you look like what's happening in Cleveland where the Browns are trying to move out of downtown Cleveland and now there is potentially a lawsuit there to try to keep them in the city confines. But you know, so if you're at the Bengals, do you look at this and go, Okay, we'll move to Mason, We'll move to another city. Do you and remember how threatened we all felt by the idea of that moving to another city entirely thirty years ago, twenty five years ago. Do you feel that like do you personally think, oh, no, we're in danger of losing the Bengals or do you feel like Cincinnati County maybe in danger of losing well.
Speaker 1: Looking long term, when I speak to David Young, which I've done privately, and I had him on the air once and David Young, Warren County is about the best there is. It is the county in Ohio with the best bond rating. When they build a public works project, they do it out of cash. They don't borrow money. And he said that would be absurd to consider that a Warren County or a Boon County, or a Kenton County or a Butler County has the kind of ability to finance a multi billion dollar stadium from the ground up. He said, we just scan't. He didn't say yes or no on having discussions with the Bengals. He did say that we're just we don't know, have the capability of coming up with one to two billion dollars and we're just not going to do that because we got we got enough going on, we enough on our plate. You know, stay in your lane, and that's not going to happen. I mean, the only Hambleton County has the power with the sales tax which doesn't have a sunset period in order to keep the Bengals here, and the Bengals have all the balls in their court because the lease is up in twenty twenty six, believe it or not, that's next year. I couldn't believe thirty years have gone by so quickly since since nineteen ninety six. It's twenty twenty six. Here we are, and they have the ability I would anticipate, wouldn't you your roarc of nine news, that they would extend it two more years. They have five two year extensions just to see where it is, get them to twenty twenty eight, and that if Mike Brown shows up somewhere in Mexico City or London shows up in Toronto. Now we got an issue because this team is probably worth three to four billion dollars that the Brown family are worth billions, maybe five billion dollars. And it was bought for like fifty million, and I'm thinking, okay, he's gone from fifty million to the three billion dollars, isn't it. But to start from scratch and Warren County just it would take multi billionaires. It would take the lenders, the farmers, the Barretts, the Josephs, it would take everybody to pull their money together. And the NFL has been a great investment. It's only going one way but up. But at some point maybe the balloonal pop. At this point, the Brown family has all the has all the chits and that they have obviously the counties breached the lease. They can go to federal court and get an order requiring the county to spend all this money. And I don't know if they want to do that if they have a partner on the other side that they trust. You know, when you do a deal time, you got have to have partners that trust each other. I've said in some deals, let's hold hands, let's jump over and see what's there. And I don't think the Bengals.
Speaker 4: And the Kimp everybody right, yeah, you got a hold.
Speaker 1: Of let's go, let's go, but they're not there.
Speaker 4: That The Bengals probably hire the best and brightest that they can to represent them an these apociations, would you feel confident in that?
Speaker 1: Yes, And they also have the NFL behind them. They have the NFL and all the they have the Jerry Jones and all those people saying do this, do that? What do you think? And really, Katie's running things now more than Mike. But you know, Mike's not ninety years old, for God's sakes. And I wish them well, hopefully they live ten more years. But nonetheless, Katie's running it and they got the power of the National Football League behind them. And there's several, you know, franchises don't move. The last one, of course, was the Raiders went from Oakland to Las Vegas. I passed out, it was the it was Texas moving to Tennessee. They don't move very often. Yeah, okay, yeah, what about this?
Speaker 4: And I have no this is not me having any information.
Speaker 2: I certainly do not.
Speaker 4: What about the Columbus beanngles.
Speaker 1: Columbus spangles, you'd run into Ohio state plus Columbus is maybe too close to Cleveland, and uh, but you got you got Ohio state there, high state is the NFL. I mean the amount of money and the power spent by a high state that that is something, but that would be starting from ground zero up and U.
Speaker 4: I did do an interview with with missus Brown, Mike Brown's one I saw.
Speaker 1: That was wonderful Nancy. That was wonderful Nancy.
Speaker 4: What a lovely lady she is. And she did say in there that he is extremely loyal, that her husband's extremely loyal to Cincinnati. I take her at a word, absolutely take her at a word. She is a very nice woman. I believe her one. But if I think if Push Cups is shoved, will this organization do what's best for self?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, alutely absolutely that they would sell to other owners and then move the team. It wouldn't be the Browns moving to tim Buck Too or London. It would be the new owners would pick up.
Speaker 4: So do you think that they I don't envision the Brown family ever selling any portion of this team. I think that they love that it's a family business. I mean, and again I don't have any you know, specific knowledge of this. It's just based on everything that I've seen my entire life. It doesn't seem to me that they're interested in being partial owners of the Red having a bunch of minority owners. But could you see a Carl in there, the Farmer family coming together and saying, all right, we'll buy it, We'll make it right, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yes I could, We'll buy it.
Speaker 1: Yes I could could, Yes I could. And the other thing about Mike Brown, absolutely, and Mike Brown's very loyal. But you have the key to this, I think, Tanya O'Rourke, is that the two parties do not trust each other. And when you don't trust each other. And that's the problem here. The county doesn't trust the Bengals, and the Angles don't trust the county. We got to run, Tanya Rourke, I'll be watching tonight at six, all right, see you then, God bless you. Let's continue with more. Coming up next is the Dwaine news conference about the appointment of the vacant to US Senate seat. And maybe the new Lieutenant governor could be Linda Mahallick right down that name, Linda Mahawick on seven hundred WLW by Billy coming in the Great American and any minute now, if you want to hear what's happening from the stage, Dave Keaton hit it. The band is getting ready for the big announcement. According to media accounts, John Houston will be selected as the next Senator and a lot of the voting on these cabinet positions are going to happen Monday evening. It's kind of traditional after the inaugural to if the party in power is also has the presidency in the Senate to do two or three votes on the inaugural night, especially now since it's going to be inside called off outside because of the weather, I'd say put your long Onney, we're on. Let's get it done. But that's not the way life works. And so the Trumpster's moving the swearing end to underneath the Capitol Dome. It'll be strictly limited in attendance. I would think you've been there many times. I've been there many times. Again, be more than one hundred people, two hundred people maximum. And so for all those who are driving and or flying to Washington to watch this historical moment, we'll see what happens. And Ronald Reagan in nineteen eighty five also canceled the parade, so that to be determined. And if you're going to cancel one, you normally cancel the other, and so get to work. See what happens. So we'll see what occurs there. More on that sometime later today or tomorrow. We're waiting for Governor Mike DeWine to allegedly select his friend, his buddy, Lieutenant Governor John Eusted from Salina, a little bit north of Dayton area, to be the next Senator, and then he needs to get sworn in. He'll fly quickly to Washington, d C. Probably Saturday or Sunday to be sworn in quickly by the President of the Senate, who by the way is JD. Vance. So JD. Vance and he's now he's now he's not a senator anymore, but as the vice president, he's the he's the Senate president, so to speak. He's in charge. He casts ballots when it's a tied vote. And so if tradition holds, the President of the Senate, who is the vice president, swears in the new senator. So the senator swearing in being sworn in by former Senator JD. Advance, who's being sworn in because the person swearing them in is vacated the office. So old Senator Vance is titled now as vice president and President of the Senate is going to swear in the new Senator, which we think is John Eustad. But we'll see what happens. And that's any second now. And then I'm not sure about this either. I've got some text in but the uh, it would be true. Additional for the governor to appoint a lieutenant governor, you got to have a lieutenant governor. And the name I'm hearing in many quarters, in many circles is a person known as Lydia Mahalick m I h A. L I. K Lydia Mahalick, an oppressive woman who is from Findlay, Ohio and is the Ohio Developmental Director, and she's traveled all over the state bringing intel and a bunch of others, including the big announcement today of companies here and Mike Dwine loves that. And as an American, I think you would agree with me. The good old boys network needs to be broken up. Maybe I'm a good old boy, but nonetheless they're bringing some different looking individuals who are twenty to thirty years forty years younger, and kind of turn over the political class in this state is required. We have to do that. So and the reason there was reporting about two weeks ago that bavek Ramaswami was being wined, dined, in pocket lined by Donald Trump to take the Senate seat, and there was a lot of national reporting on that, but in reality you heard Tanyo O'Rourke and others say that for ak Ramaswami does not want to be a US Senator. He wants to be the governor of the state of Ohio, where you can do something I related to you earlier that I can recall some time spent with George Voinovich, who spent at least two terms in the Senate and two terms as the governor, and also Mike dewineho is a personal friend of mine, who said that the same thing, at least two terms in the Senate and then two terms as the governor, that the two jobs are completely different, one from the other. One advocates and the other implements. If you're a doer and not a talker, that's why I'd be good in the Senate. I like to talk, but Mike DeWine likes to get things done. He said, as the governor, I can direct things, I can order things. I can say do this, do that. I control my own schedule. I can think on my own. When I was in the Senate, I was one of fifty six at one point, in one of forty seven another point as Republicans. And he said, look, you get in the room, you advocate, your talk, you jabber your jaws, and nothing gets done except as a few people in the Senate Senate minority and majority leader that decide everything. And when you're in the Senate, you decide nothing. Many times I'm told how to vote, and Mike told me that offended me a lot being told by Senate leadership who to vote for it. I think the guy's name was Trent Lott of Mississippi, who would chief of staff of Mike Dwaine would get ready for the day's activities, and Mike Dwine's chief of staff would talk to the chief of staff of Trent Lott, and Mike would be told through his chief of staff how to vote. And that offended Mike greatly. So when someone like Favek Ramaswami hears about that, he's going to say, you know.
Speaker 5: What, I don't want to do that. I don't want somebody telling me what to do all the time.
Speaker 1: Every now and then. It's good. My wife Penny tells me all the time what to do, and I listened to her about half the time. She listens to me about two percent of the time. That's a different issue. But when you're told what to do in your off of mail, that's not good. So for Vike, Ramaswami investigated the Senate seat over the past two weeks and said, my skill set is better as the governor. I'm the man I'm making the decision go to bed right or wrong. I'm not being told how to vote on an issue that offends me. So that's kind of where it is. And I think that's why Vivek went to the big dog, not Tony Bender, but President don Donald J. Trump and said, mister President, with all due respect, you just met with John Eusta and Mike Dwine about three weeks ago, and they left the meeting and you said to them, I'm good and told this other thing arose about you wanting me, and he said, would you mind that John Eusta will be a loyal Republican and vote your agenda, And then I want to do what I want to do. I want to spend an hour on Doge, elon Musk, him and I together, and about a year on Doge, and then away we go and spend a year on Doge, and then I can come back the the governor's race is not till twenty twenty six. I can get things fired up in the first part of twenty twenty six and get things done please. And I'm sure the Trumpster would say, okay, okay, All I want is a loyal vote. Used to tells me it'll be a loyal vote. You know, Mike DeWine and Trump aren't very close a little bit of a wall there, different people. I don't think Frandwine is a lot like Millennia, for example. A little bit of a different there, a little bit of a culture shift, a little bit of different ideas about politics. Mike, go along, get along, walk across the aisle, talk to the other side, et cetera. Well, you know that's not Donald Trump. He's a bullet in china shop. He's a leader, magnificent leader who brought down the Bushies, brought down the Obamas, brought down the Clintons, brought down the Cheney's, brought down the Bidens, bring down Nancy Pelusi and Chuck Schumer. This guy's unbelievable, and the character of this is that way. So let's take a short break as soon as the speech of find begins, and Dave King, can we go to the high channel real quick to see what's happening inside the room. It's little violin music there.
Speaker 5: If you want to go to sleep, let's continue as time allows on news radio seven WLD.
Speaker 6: If you want to protect yourself, get a double barrel shotgun, have the shelves a twelve gay shotgun. And I promise you, as I told my wife, We live in an area that's wooded and somewhat secluded, said Jill. If there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out, put that double barrel shotgun and fired to blasts.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, and I'm skos. I'm broadcasting. Well, segus was that guy? I don't know who that guy was. I was that multi million dollar homes and he's been on a government salary for all of his life. Sounds like he's playing Clint Eastwood or something. Multi million dollar homes. Say high, hang him high, just full of dollars? Or what about the good? I'm Joe Biden's horsman.
Speaker 5: The good, the bad, and the ugly. That's the way it's been for four years. That's Nancy Pelosi is the ugly. She's not showing up set Monday. Huh coward, nice coward, nice coward. Way to go unity. Was she counting her money or her husband getting attacked again?
Speaker 1: She's also on the government payroll and she worth two hundred and fifty million. Yeah, makes some serious jack. Yeah, so give me some sports and make it fast. Because John Houston was somewhat uh vociferous.
Speaker 5: He wanted to talk. He's still talking. He's still talking policy. He's like to talk. Will He the stood reporters of proud service. Every local attempts heating air conditioning dealers tame star quality you can feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four four. We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market, Willie for the finest meats trust Lears Prime Market, Delicious clam Chowda at Lear's Prime Market, Full catering service Deluxe Delhi, Learsprime dot Com. Lear's Prime always a cut above in beautiful Milford.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's see here, Willie.
Speaker 5: The Endo NFL Divisional Playoffs kickoff tomorrow Houston and Kansas City at four point thirty eight o'clock, Detroit hosting Washington SEGA. I'm picking, by the way, Houston to beat Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Write that down.
Speaker 5: Joe Mixon's not playing due to an ankle injury. I'm picking Kansas City to big Houston Sunday at three rams and Philly six thirty, Baltimore and Buffalo.
Speaker 1: All of that action right here.
Speaker 5: On seven hundred ww Hoole Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Looks like maybe Notre Dame's defensive.
Speaker 5: Coordinator, Al Golden, that's him, is the front runner for that same position with our beloved Cincinnati Bengals. What does Rockies say about Al Golden leaving the Golden Dome. I don't know, I don't know. I'm sure they've gotten a hold of him. So Monday night's the big championship game. Willie, you got Ohio State and Notre Dame. Let's see college foot basketball tomorrow, Arizona State. You see at one thirty, Xavier and Marquette at one thirty and fifty five KRC the home of Dale Donovan, Alabama and Kentucky Dune. ESPN fifteen thirty, NKU Wright State, Fox Sports thirteen sixty Miami and Ken State. Loyal of Chicago goes up against Dayton segment.
Speaker 1: I have a note here from Jim Stall at Deer Park to the great Trey Hendrickson is going to be our speaker on February the fifteenth at the original How about that tickets will be sold out? Sack Master, He's the He's the Koy Bacon of the Bengals, correctly the NFL, the National Football League. How about that, Willy, Here's here's the number to call now for tickets five to one three nine three six. Write this down secondent nine three six five nine three zero five to nine three zero. Jim Stall st o l L. We're going to sell out the place quickly.
Speaker 5: So if you want to interact with and get something signed and enjoy time with Trey Hendrickson, number to call is A nine three six forty nine thirty fifty nine thirty five one three nine three six, five nine three zero. Jim Stall is waiting for your call, Willy. Yeah, let's see. The Reds are going to close out there spring training schedule at Dayton. How about on Tuesday, March twenty fifth, at six ten, They're going to play right sixty nine days from opening day. Shoey Otani Dodger super star? How much does he makeing donating a half a million dollars to help firefighters and others affected by the Los Angeles wildfires?
Speaker 1: Political incompetence.
Speaker 5: FC Cincinnati has opened their training camp. No acosta, no coubo, no house. Where is a show is loose?
Speaker 1: Isn't he on CNA U yoh is not nowhere to be found?
Speaker 2: You U?
Speaker 1: What about Jisel him too?
Speaker 5: What about Acosta College Basketball women s cootege basketball? Down Staley, head coach at South Carolina just got a contract extension through twenty twenty nine and thirty worth twenty five million dollars to coach girls basketball women's basketball. To you, mister, I'm sorry the era is passed. According to Joe Biden, it hasn't. He thinks it is back.
Speaker 1: To the National Football League.
Speaker 5: Roger Goodell, speaking today, says adding an eighteenth game while cutting one preseason game is the next logical step in the league, but it would require a deal deal with the players.
Speaker 1: Well, they ought also include an extra week of off week, so you should have two instead of one. Would you agree?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: I think they're going to I don't. I think will they eliminate preseason all together? Just go out and play a scrimmage or something. Well, and the starters don't play anything. I don't get it. Well, I guarantee you that'll change this year for the Bengals and better. Yeah, something's got to change in pre season one and not have them laying around and doing nothing, and then all of a sudden playing the New England.
Speaker 1: Patriots in New the bed ill come well last.
Speaker 5: That was one Mayos guys, one of his wins terrible and he got the gate terrible by Robert Kraft said, see, you would want to be finally finally.
Speaker 1: Gets some culture on this show. Uh, let's see, will eave.
Speaker 5: The Cincinnati Art Museum is extending the hours during the final days of Discover Ansel Adams, the fine exhibit up there. It closes Sunday. Uh, let's see, they're open till seven tonight. H Saturday, they're open. Looks like a nine to ten in the morning or eleven eleven am tomorrow, eleven am tomorrow and then Sunday on the final day, it's open to the public from eleven to seven. So get some culture over the weekend at the Cincinnata Art Museum.
Speaker 1: And what about the Bengals in the county at each other's throats? Neither party trust the other. I heard they exchange their first session of barbs today they've with drawn all offers. The ben Galleys have said, everything we've offered is off the table, going back to zero one. They don't trust each other when you have a big business deal like this and the parties don't trust each other, not good. That's a problem.
Speaker 5: So who's gonna who's gonna be the uh, who's gonna be like Hissinger of this? Is it gonna be aftab? I have a new look? Provow pro valve mayor.
Speaker 1: About Bob Bettinghouse coming back representing the county?
Speaker 5: What about j b Get him? And I'm not talking about Johnny Bench. I'm talking about Jeff Birding. Get him back in ball or.
Speaker 1: JJ. All I can say is justice, Joe, Joe Dieter come down. It's Jeff Birding on the outside on the other side. Get the man, Bob betting House, the cuttingham and Jeff Birding say, give me out of the student's report. By the way, we have Senator rand Paul scheduled in about ten minutes segment.
Speaker 5: Willie and Utter of a good weekend ahead, but rainy and maybe some more of cold weather. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 2: All I should be with people.
Speaker 1: By the way, they're still talking at the news company. Thank you. On news Radio seven hundred W Elder my Billy Cunning in the Great American of course, Senator Ran Paul is the junior centator from my home state of Kentucky. Senator Paul, welcome again to the Bill Show. And Senator First of all, I watched this morning you're hearing with South Dakota Governor Christy Nome. Can you tell the American people how it went?
Speaker 3: I think very well. The Democrats were relatively tame and wealth behaves and I think she's going to get some Democrat votes, so I think she's going to get through. My hope is that we can get her through on the day of the inauguration, but I think it's going to happen at least next week one way another.
Speaker 1: And it might help to have Senator John Houston with you on our left. Governor Mike Dwaine disappointed him to take Jade Vance's Senate seat, so you'll be more at full compliment come Monday night, assuming he's sworn in, which were now. And then on the homeland security front, there's no more disastrous policy that caused Joe Biden, thank God, to lose the election than the southern border. And then another issue was the app. Can you tell the American people what is the app used by terrorist criminals and others. What is the app?
Speaker 3: Well, you would think you were in an alternate universe. The Biden administration decided they would develop an app to make it easier to illegally come in our country and apply for asylum. So basically, every person who's poor in the Southern Hemisphere and Central America decided to come up here and we decided to make an app. Now, they weren't that poor because they all had cell phones, so they've all got their iPhone with an app on it. But basically it was to make it easier for them to get into the country. And instead we should have saying yeah, you can come if you've got twenty thousand dollars entry fee. Maybe you know, we made to make it harder, not easier. But no, it was a disaster and it was abused. But really we had a hearing this week, my first hearing on policy. It was called Remain in Mexico. We had the former Director of Homelandsecurity Ken Kochinelli under the first Trump administration, and the question we ask does the president have enough power right now to control the border. And the answer really universally among the Republicans and that people testifying was yes, there is enough power. The reason Biden didn't control the borders. He got rid of eighty executive orders of President Trump and he just opened the border so we can close it. And I think Trump is going to close the border on day one. I think you're going to see the numbers plummet, and hopefully you'll see the crime plumbting as well. Well.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit inside baseball, but the Lake and Riley Act, which was a piece of legislation which would tell Ice to put a detainer and to arrest criminals who attack American citizens, it appeared that it got past cloture with sixty one votes, and essentially it means that if an illegal alien commits a serious crime, like in Lake and Riley's case, she was a student, a nursing student at Georgia State. She was raped and beaten and murdered by a guy named at Bara that came in through the southern border. Used the app got the New York City Committee at least eight crimes in New York City for she was arrested. Things got a little bit chilly there, so he went south to Georgia and hunted down and murdered Lake and Riley. But there were many, many the majority of Democrats voted against this. They did not want that to happen. Now, I know, are you confident now that Lake and Rally Acts is going to pass?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is going to pass. And it's you know, a good thing for the country. But still a sad day thinking about her family and what they went through. And then it was completely avoidable. Not only did he come into the country US in the app come in illegally. We paid to fly him to New York, and then we paid for his food in New York. And then when he was done committing crimes in New York, nobody deported him, nobody detained him. He said, can you fly me to Atlanta? The taxpayer flew into Biden administration, flew into Atlanta, and then he went over to Athens, marauding and killing. And it's like her life could have been saved that they've been following the law. What they were doing is millions of people were coming in and saying we want to be you know, come in under political asylum, and they were parolling them. They should have been kept. Actually I would have never admitted them. I would have put him right back on those the river and say you're not welcome. And I still think the president has the power to do that. Don't do all these long detention hearings, don't take years in year now, and don't escort people through the Concertina want or to our side. Put them safely and gently and commonly on the other side and say you will not enter. And if you did that over and over again, the adventure get tired of coming in and we'd control our border again.
Speaker 1: Thanks are going to change, and I hope Christy Noome has one of those important cabinet positions when she holds a homeland security As far as what's happening in California, head on another senator about a week ago who talked about the one hundred to four hundred billion dollars got to be sent there, and the President has said that it might be strings attached, and that was a reason for many liberals to attack Donald Trump. Senator Ram Paul, what is your idea about fixing the problems in California in such a ways to make sure that they don't become more permanent, because I think California is a lost state, completely.
Speaker 3: Out of it. Yeah, I think no money should be sent anywhere without strings attached, and nobody no money should be sent anywhere that's not taken from somewhere else in the budget. So we have a two trillion dollar deficit. If they're going to borrow two hundred billion dollars and send it to California, I'm against that. Even with the strings attached. You got to take it from some of those someplace else. So if you want to take it from Ukraine, or you want to take it from you know, all the foreign aid that we send around the world, you know, I'm for that, but I'm not just for borrowing it. But I do have a question, and I brought this up in the hearing today. You've got all these mansions that were right on the beach burning. How hard would it be to have a generator and a hose that you stick in the Pacific Ocean and suck water out of the ocean to drench those houses when fire is getting close. How hard would it be to suck water the ocean and put it in cisterns up on the hills about a mile inland and have just an unlimited source of water. But I guarantee they they can't do that because it's illegal to spray water that has salt in it, right, you know, but there's an unlimited rainfall is precious in southern California. But seawater, you know, the biggest body of water in the in the world is specific ocean. So I think you could do that. Burn your brush, have some firewalls, have some plan prescribed fires when there's no wind out, and you could manage it and probably still have an accidental fire now and again, but probably have a lot less damage than this thing provided. But instead they're too busy doing DEI diversity equity inclusion, making racial policy and you know bearded drag queens, you know, instead of fireman.
Speaker 1: And the other issue is the spotted beetle. I'm not sure what a spamp storry cockroach. I don't know what a spotted cockroaches. Whether there's a special bush or a plant that had to be protected so they couldn't build one of the reservoirs. You got the smeltfish that are spawning, and they need they need special protection to spawn. And I'm losing my mind thinking, Okay, let's give them another two hundred billion dollars that we borrow and tell them just the same policies in effect. It makes no sense, Senator, it makes no sense at all.
Speaker 3: Did you see the story this week about the snail darterer. They finally had some guy admit that the snail darter was made up. So there was this damn that we're going to build in Tennessee. I think this was about in the seventies and some biologists went out there and he says, aha, I've got it, and he holds up a fishy he caught with a net and he said, this will stop them. And the whole purpose of just divining or designing or discovering this new species was that it was going to be rare. Well, it turns out it was not new at all. They've done the genetics on it now and it's everywhere, the damned snail darterer. You can't get out of any state or any county without finding a new order. But this is the kind of craziness that has held us up.
Speaker 2: In Kentucky.
Speaker 3: We have something they say is endangered called the pocket book muscle. Well, it turns out when they made it endangered, like twenty five years ago, people kept looking for it and everywhere they looked they found it. So the initial study said oh, it's only in like seven counties in Kentucky. You're maybe Tennessee. But the more they've looked, it's in like seventeen states and four hundred counties. But they won't take it off the list. And what we do is every time we build in Kentucky anyway, time you're near a river, a lake, you've got to do a muscle count. And it just some consulting gets rich. And that's what most of these regulations do. They don't even ultimately do anything to protect the pocketbook. Muscle, the building all happens, but some consultant gets a couple hundred thousand dollars for looking at counting the muscles.
Speaker 1: You know, a senator around Paul Lae. Republicans try to fix the problem, but we keep spending. For example, if you spend one to two hundred billion dollars more into California, at some point six months, it will be a supplemental a spending bill. Throw some more money into the Ukraine. I think Biden spent about a billion dollars more in Ukraine arm send out there. We now have to spend another one hundred billion dollars or more on the southern border to hire more agents, more detention beds. I had Tom Homan on about a month ago. He said, we need about another four thousand detention beds, maybe as many a six thousand more detention beds with facilities. Suddenly we're spending again hundreds of billions of dollars we don't have. Every one hundred and twenty days we borrow another trillion dollars put on top of the stack. By the time Trump leaves office, unless something dramatic happens, it's going to be north of forty trillion dollars in national debt. I know you and your dead were one hundred percent against this, but isn't it also true that Republicans often spend money that are not paid for in any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm very fair and very bipartisan in my criticism. Both parties are responsible. The way I describe it as this, there's no Democrat U in Washington or really anywhere that cares about the debt. They pretend too. Sometimes when you're talking about taxes, they don't. They don't care about the debt. They'll spend money till there's no more. Many Republicans pretend to care about the debt and then about maybe ten to twenty percent once they're up here for a while actually still believe and will vote against it. And that's the frustration we have so all this crazy waste that I point out on Testivus that those just talking about you say, well, why don't we end it. We've been talking about it since William Proxmayer came up with a Golden Fleece award in the seventies, and yet we still have it. And the reason we have it is big government. Republicans. Two years ago they voted on a chips bill give subsidies to big corporations, which I'm against, to Intel and all these chip manufacturers, but also double the size of the National Science Foundation. And this is a group that did a study recently for four hundred thousand dollars to study whether lonely rats use more cocaine than social happy rats.
Speaker 1: Lonely didn't you give a list of a ag Ramaswami hundreds of pages of studies of cocaine, raccoons and rats. How long is that listed?
Speaker 3: Four point eight million dollars for social media influencers in Ukraine, three million dollars for girl centric whatever the hell that is? Girl centric climate change in Brazil, A couple million dollars to do border control in southern Paraguay. So, I mean the list goes on and on. Small business loans to purse manufacturers in Ukraine, paid for the plane tickets at the perse store to go to the fashion the pairis fashion show. I mean, it's insulting. Somebody ought to be mad. Somebody ought to send some of these people packing, send them back home.
Speaker 1: We need the external revenue service that Trump's talking about now TikTok. This morning, the US Supreme Court ruled that Congress has the power to decide what to do here. Every act of the Congress is presumed to be constitutional. And the Supreme Court ruled this morning that TikTok, that the bill passed by the Congress effectually ends TikTok at midnight on Sunday night, and the Trumpster wants to have some availability to negotiate a deal. How did you vote on that bill and what do you see happening with TikTok?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm for free speech, and that means all speech. I you know, as far as presumption of constitutionality, that's a big debate. And there is this question, can we presume all laws or constitutional or can we presume liberty? So I presume that we're born in the state of liberty, and that to be constitutional, it has to adhere to that. But we don't presume that every law passed. And I think that's a mistake on the court. So the court, I think, sidestep this and didn't rule in the correct way. And the first man that says Congress shall pass no law and abridging or banning speech, and one hundred and seventy million Americans use this app I didn't say you can abridge speech. If you think of somebody sending your data to a foreign adversary, it says you can't abridge speech. People can always choose not to use it. Right. The worst argument I hear, and this sometimes coumes some conservative They say, well, they pan our stuff, we should ban their stuff. And it's like, well, they are Chinese authoritarians, that's what it separates us from them. Acting like them is crazy. NEXTU ban TikTok in China, believe it or God, and we're going to emulate the Joinis of door Durance. I hope Trump can reverse it.
Speaker 1: Let's see what happens, and uh, we got to run, but I love you being there, and hopefully you'll be long enough to be the senior centers a senator from Kentucky. It's going to be close, and you anticipate Monday night there'll be some of these some of these appointees will be actually voted on during the inaugural, which, by the way, is inside now. It's not going to be outside at all. There'll be no parade, but much like Ronald Reagan had in nineteen eighty five, it was inside with no parade. Everything's going to be inside. But you know, does your crystal ball say that every one of the Trump designatees will get through by Monday night or thereafter.
Speaker 3: I think Secretary of State gets done on Monday. I think there's a possibility of U Secretary Department of Homeland Security that Governor now might get through on Monday. And Bill, you need to come to Washington while you come broadcast from Washington. We'll do one live from up here.
Speaker 1: I'd like to do that, but it's too cold now. But my people will be in touch with your people. It's too cold, man, I mean right here, you know here, I guess you're in Washington Monday Tuesday. Wednesday is going to be zero again. Global warming is breaking out all over. We have so much global warming. It's twelve inches deep and it's been like this the entire year, and I anticipate it is going to be even colder. I've done that before. New Gingrich invited me to the balcony there in nineteen ninety five in January, and that was a wonderful occasion. But I'd like to go to go back to the Washington and do some reporting from there, maybe in the spring, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yep, we've got a balcony. It's not quite the Speaker's balcony, but I do have a balcony and we'll let you interview anybody you want to jump there. And it's got to be spring and nice weather, but definitely you're invited.
Speaker 1: Rand Paul, thank you very much. Give my best to your lovely wife, and hopefully you won't be attacked by left going agitators sometime during the inaugural Are you concerned at all about violence like you went through when you visited Trump in the White House about five years ago?
Speaker 3: Are you it's Washington, we are more We are more concerned now and I usually have armed people with me now because of that, and it's it's sad, but you have to take precautions. Even in twenty sixteen when Trump was worn in. You know, they always want to talk about January sixth, this and January sixth that there was violent moms roaming left wing moms in December sixteenth golf and Trump was illegitimate and we had armed people with us and we had to have their offences constructed to try to separate us from some of the crowds that you know. Anyway, we're gonna be safe.
Speaker 1: But that wasn't reported on because it didn't fit the diet tribe. Senator Ran Paul once again, you're going to have a good senator there with John Houston.
Speaker 5: You're gonna like him. Have you met John Houston before?
Speaker 3: I can't remember, but I'm looking forward to the reading if I have met him before. But we're looking for getting up here.
Speaker 1: He's a good guy. All right, Senator, we'll do it. We gotta take up you're invite in the spring. We'll come there and have a great two or three hours. Thank you, Senator, God bless you. Let's continue with more. Uh there you heard it. Monday night. There's going to be certain of the of the nominees will be confirmed by the Senate. And imagine the road not taken that if right now Kamala Harris is being sworn in on Monday and the Senate remained in the hands of Chuck Schumer. When you think things are going wrong with the Trumpster, things can't be perfect. Think about that thought. To get you back on track, Let's continue with more Bill cunning into Great American Live at Home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WULW. Good evenings, the fire is smart. I go home now. Hell Hello, Hello, quiet skulls. I'm broadcasting segment the long National Nightmares about to end about three more days at noon on Monday. By the way, the inaugural is all inside. How about that? So in the march van, Yeah, it's going to be inside, marching around, the marching Midies are going to be inside. I have many of my rich, powerful friends like Jeff Beckham and David Beckham, you know, the soccer guy right area. I just can't believe you're not there. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'd pay money not to figure. I figure that you would be doing shows live. I would if I knew it. Was inside, Alex T Sheriff Richard K. Jones is going to be there. Joe Joe, He's Joe Jeff Jones didn't go on what about justice?
Speaker 1: Joe? He really say?
Speaker 5: You know what it's like to go to one of these. You have any idea what we went. We went to Congress when it opened?
Speaker 1: This is it was?
Speaker 5: This is the inaugural Well it was what ten hundred thousand people? Forget it up? You're staying right here?
Speaker 1: And how many hotel rooms are available? None? None? How many ubers are taxes avable.
Speaker 5: Will probably be staying here, will probably staying here and none and uh ubering back and forth. Well, no, I see, you wouldn't want to be you.
Speaker 1: I wish him. Well, I think I've been to one twenty oh four. That was it for me. Yeah, not going back, and there's no way to get close. Can you imagine the security in the world filled with drones, the security.
Speaker 5: Oh, they'm I'm probably happy that it's inside. Yeah, and he's and of course there, they probably told him. And they don't walk out and right there get out of the car and walk no down the street and the parade, Well, that's off, that's off too.
Speaker 1: Right, there's no parade right the parade's indoors. It's like, well, that's kind of like the Olympics, the kind of like what happened in nineteen eighty five with Ronald Reagan. I'm just saying that cold. I mean, right there and right there, you and I are gonna have a great view of the inaugural.
Speaker 5: Would you agree? That's for sure? Right there ninety five right there screen TVs. Yeah, respect those who go.
Speaker 1: It's once in a lifetime, but I've had once in a lifetime not having it again. Did Alex t call you and say, yes, we want you there? Yes? You know I told him no, no, no, no. What about your sister Diane Redden, she's there, you know what I say, No, no and no. Maybe she'll bring you back something. That's fine. I love you. Go get them, enjoy yourself. Been there, got the T shirt? That's it.
Speaker 5: Will heave the stooge reporters of Prout Service, every local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You could feel a beautiful Western Hills called Derbin Heating and Cool to get five one three, five, nine eighty four forty nine or go.
Speaker 1: To Derviinheating and Cooling dot com sine you know a segment. I got a text here from Jim Stall at Deer Park. They've sold several ten ten tops because of the appearance of Trey Hendrickson at the Deer Park Players with Pride speaking event the Stag the women are and women are invited.
Speaker 5: The NFL sack Masters coming to the Deer Park, of course, Jim Stall. The number to call to reserve your table now is five one three nine three six, five nine three zero fifty nine thirty and uh nine three six fifty nine thirty night or day and meet Trenton, the sack Leader, the coy Bacon of our time. And that's a deer Park, of course. All the big stars I want to come to Deer Park, would you agree, The big ones, the biggest, the biggest ones like Roger Staubach want to come, the big one, Tony Tony he was there, he had Luke Keighley, Luke Keighley soon to be in the NFL hall. You know, all the big stars want to come to Deer Park. It's out Montgomery and a Montgomery by the way, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want you to go.
Speaker 5: I'm busting the tables that night, so I'll get the good Red's update. Reds all close out the arrest spring trading schedule up against the team of Connected at Condes consisting of Red's mindor League prospects and Dayton on Tuesday March at twenty fifth at six ' ten uh sixty nine days Willy until opening Day Showy Tani the Los Angeles Dodgers superstar good donating a half million dollars to help firefighters and those affected by the Los Angeles wildfires.
Speaker 1: Just in on Senator Ran Paul, there will be strings attached now, California can't be what it is continue on this route and having American taxpayers constantly bail it out. And therefore, if you maybe a federal takeover, introduce sell it off, well maybe Canada would like it.
Speaker 3: You can have it.
Speaker 5: College basketball tomorrow plenty of an Arizona State the sun Devils, the home of David Foultcha, is in town to take on the Bearcats at one thirty seven out at ww Xavier's on the road against number seven Marquette at one thirty fifty five KRC Hony like number four Alabama and eighth rated Kentucky. Role time Southeastern Conference battle at noon. This is football or basketball Basketball Babe NKU and Horizon League rival Wright State one thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Also tomorrow, Red Hot Miami will take on Ken State. The Loyal Chicago up against Dayton. The Flyers are looking to snap a what three game losing streak? Flyers not doing well? You see even beat them. College football the Ohio The Ohio State Buckeyes take on Notre Dame Monday night in the National Championship Game in the Atlanta Who do you like second? You'll be right here on seven hundred WLW and des odded to switch to Notre Dame. I'm going with Ohio State, all right? Bet you hot fut Sunday, Okay, I'll take the points. Though you've heard this one before, I haven't there get it. Rock's not here in seton there to take from unit.
Speaker 1: Take had the dog?
Speaker 5: I heard dogs were howling yesterday at Batavia when he a Segate Harrison, Nil will go to Harrison. The Rocket plays are gonna make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Bengals all day brought to you my good spirits.
Speaker 5: Winding the back on Party Town thirteen, Northern Kentucky, locations. Let's see Notre Dame defensive coordinator Al Golden looks like he's the front runner now for the Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator job. I love that NFL Divisional playoffs begin tomorrow. All of the action this weekend right here seven underd WLW Houston and KC at tomorrow at four thirty eight o'clock, Detroit hosting Washington Sunday of three Rams and Eagles, and then Baltimore takes on Buffalo.
Speaker 1: At six Thirtyveke Ramaswami will announce soon running for Ohio governor. Theveke Ramaswami It's all about Cincinnati segment. It's the center of the world women's basketball.
Speaker 5: Willie don Staley, the fine head women's basketball coach at South Carolina, has got a contract extension through twenty twenty nine and twenty thirty. The dealer is worth twenty five million dollars, just like money. FC Cincinnati, of course starting training in in Florida starting Monday. Uh, they have, they've they've worked out today here. No Acosta, no Kubo in the house, and apparently I guess management is not too happy that their two stars have not shown up yet.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 5: Ehl hockey are beloved Cyclones are along the Big River to night downtown to take on the main Mariners.
Speaker 1: What about Ramaswami? What about him? Where's he playing? He's in nowhere, gonna run for governor? I told you that you wouldn't listen. Is that is that against double A?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Yes, s y I It's gonna be Amy Acton against Ramaswami. Okay, that's one hell of a matchup, would you agree? I guess so?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who do you like in that matchup? I would take uh, mister what's his name? Ramaswami? Him too, I'm taking him. That was part of the deal today. You know, is that a primary that he has to run against her?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Just a general election kind of Well, how do you know? Is Dave Yosts going to run for governor?
Speaker 1: Someone needs to tell him that David Yost announced Harry's running for governor. He's the attorney general. Got David Yost V a fake rama swammy? Do you like that match up?
Speaker 3: And then so.
Speaker 5: They never mentioned you huh no, because they know they have better judgment than that answer, better judgment?
Speaker 1: What about Bob Yuker? Tell the whitey Ford story, the Whitey Ford.
Speaker 5: Well he's got it's another Miller Lite commercial he was on if the sheriff can find it. It's hilarious that, uh, you know he'd had the one, the one he's famous for.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Ah, these fans, I love him.
Speaker 7: When I came in, they didn't recognize me at first, but then when I told him who I was. Next thing, you know, they're buying me my favorite fear Light, fear Familiar. They know what sex big leaguers drink light because it's got a third less calories in their regular beer.
Speaker 1: It's less filling and it tastes great. Thanks.
Speaker 7: It's a pleasure to buy a beer for a great picture like whitey Board.
Speaker 1: Deer from Miller everything you've always wanted a.
Speaker 6: Beer, unless, hey, I thought you were Lufty's.
Speaker 1: Signing for the wrong hand. Not bad, what a career though. Tommy Throw goes in to meet him for the first time. They set it up so that he would like buzz them off, ignore him, right. Tommy Throll goes in and offers his hand, and Bob looks at him and doesn't even turn around. And then Marty said, look, I've stated Tommy devastated, and he said, I come, I just go back in and see him.
Speaker 8: Now, there's a team picture that once a year they have these team team picture days, is what they are. And on this particular day, this costs Bob Gibson one of the great pictures in baseball. It cost him and I a couple hundred dollars. They had taken the picture and they had proved it and everything, and then brought it back to the ball mark before they finally caught that.
Speaker 1: Scene there what I can't Can you come a little closer on that? Well, Bob and I are holding hands. I'm gonna get it. It's Johnny Carson. Whatever happened to him? It's dead. Yes, nonetheless, Bob uk Aer ninety years old and fifty four years will he with the Brewers? It's not bad? And then a TV a.
Speaker 5: TV star, movie star, stand up comedian unbelieved he did stand up? Yeah, how many guys could Marty Brenneman do stand up?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Joe knutsall have done stand out?
Speaker 5: I think so, yeah, could have. He was pretty funny. I didn't find him funny. You know, Marty and Joe could have been the next uh Dean. And what's his date Lewis, I mean Martin Lewis. Martin Lewis, I mean would have been too, should have been. Those two are funny. I mean, you know, I don't know if Marty and Joe could sing, but hey not really why not? I know, we take they got naked once. You and I were naked with him. That's another story. That was for a garden calendar, and that was for charity.
Speaker 1: For down in Newtown, right. I don't know how we were talking into this one, so that we go down there to get the one. You're the one that the ladies wanted to see. Ladies want to see me naked, you know that.
Speaker 5: And Joe got in, Marty got in the wheelbarrow right right, and Joe was pushing him and you and I.
Speaker 1: You and I were cornfield danding literally on natal the ladies like that in the cornfield with an ear of corn strategically placed correct, several ears of corger strategically placed. Yeah, a bushel of corn strategically placed correct.
Speaker 5: And then we're what we had like crows or something nodding at our head and like the vulture straw hat on. But that was for a garden club. That that was stupid Claire calendar.
Speaker 1: You know what it came out. I wasn't stupid. The woman got a hold of me and so are you willing to pose nude with the segment? I said, what do you have in mind? She told me, and I said, look, if you get Marty and Joe go down there, go down to the birthday suit and get pictures taken. We're in. She calls me and said they're in. I said, you got to be kidney. So I called Marty and Marty what are you doing? He said? He said, well, ask for a good calls, raise some money for the garden club or I said, I don't. So we go down there. I said, you guys go first. Those clothes came off on a heartbeat. I mean, well, I didn't love it more than I want to see. I didn't love And suddenly that you and I were in the cornfield and Marty was in a wheelbarrow and Joe was pushing them. Unbelievable fight segment. You do that today, you're going to get arrest rested. Well maybe not, no today, maybe not do anything.
Speaker 5: Maybe not If we did that were TikTok sensations, maybe gone Instagram since Satan Sunday Night may be gone. All that I mean, if that, if TikTok goes, Uh, what does Tiff John John and Sarah Elisee do with their lives?
Speaker 1: Are you on TikTok?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I'm not either. The only thing that tiktoks on me is my watch. I'm trying to watch that. Are you on TikTok? Nore you on Instagram?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, too much at this it's too much. Joe knucks all Man, Tyler Bradshaw sets. I still have that awful calendar that the lady mailed me. I've tried to auction it off four times at the knuxtsall events. I've got nothing for it. Wow, it's the worst thing I've ever seen. So maybe we're not as big as we thought. We were so deep for yourself. But we'll see what happens. Segment give me out of the stud's report. Will you everybody have a good weekend.
Speaker 5: We'll see you here Monday for MLK Day, the inauguration of Donald J. J. Trump, and the National Championship Game Buck Eyes the Irish.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good on one day they can go mL King right. Secondly, the Trump's the inaugural. Thirdly, Ohio State v. Notre Dame. That's pretty good. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood report.
Speaker 6: Next week'shighway patrol story is a very unusual one.
Speaker 2: I hope you'll be with us.
Speaker 1: And remember it isn't the car that kills, it's the driver. This is Rodrick Crawford saying.
Speaker 4: See you next week.
Speaker 1: I assume he's dead too, right, he'd have to get said yeah on with so many segment thank you very much, Yes, sir, hopefully the rock and out of your next plus. Uh, we got al Golden coming in. He could be here next week after Notre Dame wins the national title. Correct, Uh, Notre Dame wins the national title. Willie, we were Rock's not coming. I owe so many Sunday. Better be here to face the music. I want him to face music. Either be here.
Speaker 5: Rocket didn't have the guts to come in today. Maybe I'll come in on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 5: They should have had that game Tuesday night when they announced it, because there are a few things happening on Monday.
Speaker 1: Would you agree slightly. We're gonna have long form coverage of the inaugural starting about eleven am. And it's inside inside now too cold, too cold outside. So we'll see what happens, but it'll be great. Imagine if Kamala Harris is being sworn in. Imagine if you imagine and Tim Waltz is the vice president. Imagine that. So no matter how what he does wrong in the future, and I'm sure he will, I'll take the trumps or any day we go that joint and freeze us for the next four years. I don't know. And that the FBI is scrapping DEI programs, which is the core of racial discrimination, favoring someone because of the color of their skin, but not the content of their character. And by the way, the FBI agent the black woman in New Orleans who gave the news conference that said, oh, he wasn't an Octa terror, she was reassigned. What did you know, Alaska, when you show up at a big time news conference, you got a ring in your nose and you say this wasn't terrorism. With an hour or two after an ISIS flag flew down the middle of Bourbon Street, maybe that agent needs some help, you know what I'm saying. Like I said, probably to Newfoundland. How about Greenland? We might own that too. Let's continue with more two fifty five Home Your Reds and Bengals House Radio seven hundred WU on it