Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of.
Speaker 2: News needed. That's so you don't happen.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: That's the studio.
Speaker 2: And uh if you want to call us twenty four to seven and including now live three oh three Martino, you see that three oh three six two seven eight four six six. Welcome to the show, one and all. We have a lot happening today. All a lot happening today. Now, I uh will assume who's on the phones today. And we have Mark Schumansky in the studio with Genesis Total Exteriors, and we have Matt Matt Stanford with Paragon Services. So Mark does a lot of insurance repairs and a lot of insurance work, and we always talk about how he is on the exterior of the house and can work on everything.
Speaker 5: Matt. Often Matt is the one that goes out.
Speaker 2: And I always say this, if you have multiple areas of damages in your home, you should not have a roofer. Do everything you should not have a siding guy do everything, meaning as far as negotiating with the insurance company. If you have multiple areas of damage, I believe you should at least consult with a public adjuster. Those are adjusters that work for the insured, for the public.
Speaker 5: They're called public adjusters.
Speaker 2: Do not confuse them with independent adjusters.
Speaker 5: That's a misnomer.
Speaker 2: An independent adjuster is an adjuster. The insurance companies higher when they are short staffed.
Speaker 5: So here's the way it works.
Speaker 2: The insurance company covers they're insured. They have company adjusters that go out and adjust claims. Their purpose is to save the insurance company as much money as possible by screwing you, like it or not. And they'll tell you their job is to give you a fair claim.
Speaker 5: I say it's to screw you.
Speaker 2: Then you have independent adjusters who are hired when their company adjusters are all busy. Now some people get the idea an independent adjuster is independent and they're on their own and they stick up for their unbiased Not true.
Speaker 5: They work for insurance companies.
Speaker 2: Then you have public adjusters, and they're totally different. They work for the insured, for you and me, and they look at your policy and see what coverages you have available.
Speaker 5: To make sure you get what you have coming.
Speaker 2: That's that, and they recommend Hey, you might want to call Genesis, you might want to call Excel, you might want to call somebody else, K and H. You might want to call this, You might want to call that and have them work for you. Now, Matt, did I cover that properly as far as adjusters and what you do and what happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm basically just an advocate for the homeowner or business owner because you really need representation nowadays going forward with a claim.
Speaker 2: You nailed it pretty good. Yeah, okay, So now what we want to do then is we want to make sure that basically that people are covered, meaning that they are covered the way they should be covered. In other words, you make sure of that. What do you do when somebody calls you and if they don't need.
Speaker 5: You, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: I can step in at any point, I can file a claim from the very beginning, I can step in halfway, or I can clean up at the end. The easiest, smoothest way is just call me from the get go. Most of the time, I would say, you know, seventy percent of the time people call me it's for hail damage. But there's also the sewer backups, the water claims, fires obviously random or the wildfires. So you just got to have somebody who knows the ropes to navigate through it because ultimately their interest is in at their bottom line. So my whole job is just to increase the value of the claim and then connect with a contractor that can handle the scope of the job. So yeah, at any point I can step in, but from the beginning is best.
Speaker 2: I should mention we are going to have studio video momentarily. Okay, Now having said all of that, then we have Genesis Mark Schamansky.
Speaker 5: So while you don't look at.
Speaker 2: Their insurance policy, Mark, and you don't try to interpret what's covered and what's not. You do, however, you do, however, look and see that they have damage and what it should what should be covered, right, I mean as far as the price that's correct.
Speaker 7: And we also give people advice if you should call you an insurance company or not. You know, if it's minor damage, it may not be worthy of a claim, except maybe you have two thousand dollars worth of damage and you have a thousand dollars deductible.
Speaker 8: I would not call that and file that at the claim.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, now, Matt, if somebody really doesn't need you and they call you for advice, you don't charge them, right.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: I usually go out and take a look, like if it's a halo claim, I'll look at the roof, and if there's not a lot there, there's no reason to fight for it. You're just wasting everybody's time. But in Colorado, most of the time, you know, when I go on.
Speaker 5: The roof, there's a hail damage.
Speaker 6: So it's pretty rare that I don't recommend moving forward.
Speaker 2: Most of the people that.
Speaker 6: Call me have an idea that that probably there is some damage. They just need to know how severe it is.
Speaker 2: I want to give out both contact Genesis Total Exteriors dot com for multiple areas of damage three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine, and then Paragon Services seven one nine seven two six zero zero two zero, and you can find both of them at referral lists dot com. Okay, so let's take.
Speaker 5: Your calls on any and all things.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven to one three Talk is the studio, and of course three oh three Martino is the twenty four to seven number which comes to the studio when we're here, and I want to, uh make sure you know that we are working behind the scenes on a problem that came up yesterday and I was marked there because I want to make sure.
Speaker 9: He's there at tom Yeah, so update on the pilllong, it's a win, a good update.
Speaker 2: And let me explain this in a non volatile way, meaning we don't need you to take action anymore. We don't need you to make phone calls. And again, originally we said when you called, please be peaceful, just tell them you've heard about him.
Speaker 5: And there's no need to do that now.
Speaker 2: No, no, I know that, but that's what I did originally. Okay, Now, the bottom line was this. A man went in there, a cancer patient not long to live on chemotherapy, can hardly speak.
Speaker 5: He bought a Mercedes.
Speaker 2: Because he wanted to make one last trip to the West coast to see the ocean, and he wanted to do so with a new car. So he went in there and traded in a paid off Toyota Avalon. To make a long story short, again, I'm not going to rub it in, but I am going to talk about it. And what happened was he went in and he did the deal, and he paid a little more than I think that car was worth. He bought the Mercedes. It was a used Mercedes. He put down some money, he put down and thirty nine thousand dollars loan approximately, so his car was worth about twenty So he was into that car for about sixty four thousand the new car. But he changed his mind. He says, you know what, I have a problem here. I don't think I can make these payments. I shouldn't have done this.
Speaker 5: I'm dying.
Speaker 2: So he went back and said, can I get my car back? And they sold it back to him. But he had to put forty seven hundred dollars down for his own car, with a loan of twenty four to eight for his own car, which included, by the way, a contract for service on his own car. Bottom line is this after one month of using at Mercedes when he did this deal, his net loss was the five thousand he originally put down forty seven hundred on his own car, twenty eight thousand dollars eight to seventy five on his loan for his car. Now he got a check back for the for the He did get a check back for the forty seven for his extended warranty. So his net loss after all this was about thirty grand and so we thought that was a little unfair. Now take it away, Mark, Well, I just want to simplify it even more. You know, the guy walked in, traded in his Toyota for a Mercedes. He figured out thirty days or somewhere around there later that he couldn't make those payments. So at this point, really there's no issue that the dealer did.
Speaker 5: What I find is, what do you mean there's no what do you mean there's no he walked in trade into Toyota and he bought a Mercedes. I mean, was taking and was taken advantage of.
Speaker 9: Well, no, no, no, I'm talking the very first part when he walked in and bought the Mercedes.
Speaker 5: That's all I'm talking about is that part.
Speaker 9: I think my opinion where he really got taken advantage of is he couldn't make the payments. He goes back, he now has the exact same car that he started off with that he owed zero on, but now he owes over twenty thousand dollars on it and he's out of pocket. That's the part that just blows me away. Thirty days after this started, the guy owes over twenty thousand dollars on a vehicle, the exact same vehicle he didn't know what Nicol on a month before.
Speaker 5: To me, that's crazy. But the good news is the right people.
Speaker 9: At Phil Long and I don't mean it the dealership, I mean at Phil Long up in management, they're on this like crazy. They're assuring me they're looking into it, they're gonna figure something out. And on top of that, the attorney we had in yesterday and their attorney are going to meet next week and hammer out some details and hopefully get this thing one hundred percent resolved. Good good, I think it took to get to the right people.
Speaker 5: What do you think is gonna happen? I am very hopeful they're just gonna undo this.
Speaker 9: You know, there's a lot of circumstances here that you know, we're not talking legalities. Although the attorney was arguing he's a person at.
Speaker 5: Risk, he's absolutely a person. Well he was three feet from me.
Speaker 9: I don't doubt that either, But you know, really, I just I can't believe Phil Long.
Speaker 5: It's such a good name. Honestly, when's the last time we had a complaint. Well there weren't many complaints, but yeah, okay, so, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I was pretty shocked on this one, but I think I think it's going to be worked out.
Speaker 5: I really do. I hope they just undo it all together.
Speaker 2: When will we know?
Speaker 5: The attorneys sit down next week?
Speaker 9: I'm not sure what date, but I verified that with not only the phill Long management team but also with our attorney on it.
Speaker 5: Or I should say his attorney.
Speaker 1: What was her name?
Speaker 9: I want to say ray An rain A Bias Rain. I knew I was going to mix that up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we should use her as an expert from time to time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's good.
Speaker 5: She's really good for the for the car stuff.
Speaker 9: Man about how many attorneys specialize in car problems.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, it's good that we have her and I hope that we can continue a relationship there because of the uh, the expertise, and I.
Speaker 9: Really am glad that I got to connect with some people that can make a difference at fill Long. I really that's good. That's excellent.
Speaker 2: Waterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices. Right now, there's a deal. You can't be get it for the holidays man. You'll you can do your whole house softening wonderful softening and then whole house excuse me, drinking waters triple filter reverse osmosis. Both systems combined would be from Paul even over forty five one hundred. But when you do it now, you get thirty one hundred thirty one hundred bucks thirty one ninety five or something. And here's the big deal. Plumbers would do it at fifteen thousand or more. I'm telling you the truth here Waterpros dot net three three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five people where we are here to help you solve your problems, answer your questions, and take your complaints, make your life just a little easier.
Speaker 5: And you can text me. Let me remind you where you can text me.
Speaker 2: I get a lot of texts here, and you can text me in two places.
Speaker 5: First the iHeart app.
Speaker 2: You can short code five seven seven three nine five seven seven three nine will get you to me here, and we can talk. You can send a text put Tom in the subject line so I know it's there, it comes right to me. You can also text my private Google line seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven because I love airplanes, nine nine nine because I'm near perfect, and fifty two eighty it's the Mile High City. It's just a memory aid there. Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. So a lot of people are calling to tell us we're not on in the Springs today. I guess we were preempted by something. So we'll be back on tomorrow. And if people are just spread the word of your wondering three h three seven one three talk, Let's talk to Matt Stanford. We have a question here on renters insurance. Now, Matt is a public adjuster who works for people who are insured to make sure they're not screwed by their insurance companies. He sees what coverages you have and that you're getting a fair settlement. And someone wants to know, does that work for renters insurance?
Speaker 6: Matt yes, But renter's insurance is usually for personal property contents, does.
Speaker 2: Not cover any dwelling coverage typically, but what if what if the renter has liability and personal property and the downstairs neighbor or the upstairs neighbor or the alongside neighbor or the HOA is going after them and the liability is being sluggish, Can you look at his liability coverage? Yeah, a lot of those end up with an attorney.
Speaker 6: Those HO six policies which are designed for condos or you know, multi family units, multi dwelling units, you know, that can get pretty sticky. But in general, you know, there's usually a clear path to the responsible party and determining coverage for that unit where the origin occurred. It's a little tricky. Every one of those is a little different. It's just some detective work. Now they okay, they can go to the lawyers. Now they say, and Mark, by the way, I sent you the link if you want to try the zoom right now.
Speaker 2: And folks, this is temporary solutions for studio video until we get this dialed in. But it's going to be overall much better. We're getting a lot of good feedback on the quality and stuff. So okay, next question then, Matt, if this is about coverage and getting the right coverage, why what happens? Where are they covered for their unit? We always hear the drywall in on a condo unit? What does that mean? Most of the time? That's that's true.
Speaker 6: It's so they call it skin in, which is basically the sheet rock and everything.
Speaker 5: Inside from there.
Speaker 6: That can vary though just again depends on the policy the HOA, how they had that set up can vary. But in general, if you have a balcony, that that area is covered by the hoa's insurance in any common areas, any hallways or common areas.
Speaker 8: Or Matt, what about windows on a condoor?
Speaker 10: Time?
Speaker 5: And this is marked from Genesis Total Exteriors.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Yeah, usually the windows and doors.
Speaker 6: Lately, I you know, that used to be the hoa's case, but now I've seen a couple of claims where the doors and windows are actually the considered part of the unit owners.
Speaker 5: And but you would have to match, of course what they have there.
Speaker 2: And that's that's where it gets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So if you you want to put in a new sliding door, for instance, on your balcony, that needs to be consistent with what the entire building has unless it's somehow not visible.
Speaker 7: So I guess we need an extra rider or something to make sure your windows are covered.
Speaker 8: Yeah, on a townhouse or a condo, right, yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, okay, so the coverage drywall in then Mark Schumansky, when I want to talk about what you do in a condo, because so many people say they find it very difficult to get a contractor into their Townhomer condo and the HA puts up all kinds of roadblocks. We had this happen with the HVAC companies, all kinds. So I want to talk about that because a lot of people do have problems and they need help, I mean, even simple remodeling in a condo.
Speaker 5: We just need to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Coming up, I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven to one three A two five five. By the way, Frank Duran, the real estate Man, will do an evaluation of your home. If you're thinking of selling, why would.
Speaker 5: You do that?
Speaker 2: So you know what to ask for it or what you're going to clear. He can predict, basically on his thirty years of experience, what you're gonna net on that and what you can buy. And it's all a free service provided by Frank Duran the real Estateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four six six is our number twenty four to seven three oh three Martino, and you can call it now.
Speaker 5: So let's go and mona widshot hear you?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's go to Glenn, who wants to talk about a scam. Call Glenn, what's going on?
Speaker 11: That was a cute one. Yeah, this guy just called me a minute ago from a defunk number of car spoof number. And you hear the little water drop, the little blip as soon as you then.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? What does that mean? The little blip, just like when it's on that fake Google number and stuff. Oh okay, so all right.
Speaker 11: Well they he says, hey, did you get the two notices from Excel Energy about your disconnect that your residents that actually had my address? I figured he probably got it.
Speaker 5: Oh that Excel Energy thing, you got it?
Speaker 11: But yeah, well the funny thing is is I'm in Elizabeth and we don't have that Excel. So I just laughed at him and told him he needs to run a better scam.
Speaker 2: And so anyway, what happened? Did you did you get his number? I wish you would have gotten a number so we could have scammed the scammer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I didn't quite get there. I was just taken back there.
Speaker 2: What did he want you to do? Make payment on your Excel bill with Apple tunes or something.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: What cards they asked you to get to pay for your utilities?
Speaker 11: Oh he was looking for a credit card number.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well geez, let me give it to you right away. I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Heads up, Yeah, these happen all the time. So you just got it.
Speaker 2: And and the number you captured wasn't really their number at all, right.
Speaker 11: Oh not at all, and it's a dead defunct number that doesn't answer to anything.
Speaker 2: It's of course, of course, well thanks plan, I appreciate you listening and whatever, and so anyway, people here, here's the bottom line. None of these services call you for payment, none of them.
Speaker 5: None of them. None of them do that, none of them.
Speaker 2: So they might email you and say, you know, call call, they don't. Even the legit ones don't even give you a link anymore. I got one from Chase today and it says log onto your Chase account and make sure something is up to date. So but that's all they said to do. They didn't say, hit you know, link here. They didn't say call this number, because you don't know what is inside the email, if it's accurate, if it's really from Chase, whatever, whatever, whatever. Now, some people know how to read URLs, they know how to they know how to talk about a genuine or if it's a genuine you.
Speaker 5: Are al mark. Do you feel comfortable?
Speaker 2: Do you feel comfortable looking at a URL knowing it's genuine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I generally don't follow anything like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if it has a legit r L right, because I think they can spoof you arel not you are l. Yeah, they can spoof like I think you're up.
Speaker 9: I don't think they can really spoof URLs, not real ones. But no, no, I mean in the in your email when it say look real, but the link's different exactly.
Speaker 5: They can make it look like Excel energy.
Speaker 9: I mean, Kelly, why would you unless if you do like a password reset and you initiated it, then it emails you a link for a password reset. I don't know why most people would ever follow any unless if they initiated it. Why would you click on any link?
Speaker 2: Exactly? That's the way I feel. I mean, it's ridiculous. I don't know how many people have been scammed over the years, but my god, it happens all the time. People are losing their life savings now and a lot of that's having to do with the remote software. Now I want to I want to tell you about my guest here that I had come in. His name's Dimitri, and he's going to be one of our deputies because he's an entrepreneur for many years. I've known him for I think forty years, thirty years whatever. I was on Channel four to how I got to meet him. I was on Channel four and they were doing a cover for a magazine about me, right, and.
Speaker 5: Was a GQ or mad magazine.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was a GQ and play girl. But anyway, I was doing a cover for a business magazine of some kind and they did a really clever shoot where I had all of these things juggling in the air and like toasters and cars and and but they needed a really beautiful background city scape. They didn't want me outside though. They wanted to control the lighting and Dmitrian, how the hell did they pick you? How did they know you? Did you know the photographer?
Speaker 12: I'm friends with a photographer.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, and he remembered your backdrop.
Speaker 13: He's been to my loft before and he thought it was a good urban setting.
Speaker 2: You can see everything right from your loft. Are you still there, by the way, I'm still there. No, really, yes, ho stays there that long? You must make a mint on that thing. Holy crap. If you've owned that for how many years?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: I bought it in two thousand.
Speaker 2: And oh so it was only in two thousand we did this, okay, So, but so in two thousand, that's right, because okay, so two thousand that thing must have gone up tremendously in value.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think I'll do okay with it, especially since the capital gains will be tax free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or some of them, some of them okay. So so anyway we went Uh. So we went there and did it, and I met him and that was it. And then we ran into each other from time to time, and most recently I ran into him at at a party, so and I hesitated. Well, No, it's a party he started with some friends called meat Fest. That's right, Mark meat Fest.
Speaker 5: Geez, do you know what it is? I hate to even guess. Meat Fest is where.
Speaker 2: You go and everyone brings a meat dish and it's meant to uh, to celebrate meat.
Speaker 5: Is it like an all boys club or what? No?
Speaker 13: Oh, No, everyone's there, everyone is welcome, and we had twenty six different animals represented at this year's fest time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Okay, well then like, yeah, armarillo, what are those armadilla?
Speaker 5: Armadillo? Was that I think I think there might have been. There was ally gator. H there was a there was a snake, caraban monkey.
Speaker 2: No, no, a lot of rattles thinking different things, and I brought well what was Yeah?
Speaker 5: What did you bring? The most exotic you can find?
Speaker 2: Steak?
Speaker 5: Meatballs? Meatballs, they were good.
Speaker 12: And that tomatoes because.
Speaker 2: What we had to do was make small bite size for seventy five people.
Speaker 5: What was the most exotic though?
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait, wait wait wait, I forget the name I had it, the little uh little vermit. Oh something I got No, there was some really crazy stuff. No no, no, no, no, road kangaroo time.
Speaker 5: No we didn't. Those are in Australia or not Australia. No, no, there were some I can't think of it, damn it. They were really weird.
Speaker 9: You remember back in the day, everybody thought for a while, like in the nineties or late eighties, they thought McDonald's was serving kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would anyway. So here's what I want to tell you. So I man into him, and he says, you know, I have my schedule, is my own. You know he works, But he says, hey, I'd love to do that. I've been listening to you for years and I have a lot of expertise. Of course he does. So what business are you in now?
Speaker 13: I operate a small commercial recycling company.
Speaker 5: And when I met you, what were you doing?
Speaker 12: I was working for a commercial recycling company.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, Wait a second.
Speaker 9: When you say recycling, do you mean like like trash, like when they pick up the trash.
Speaker 5: But it's a recycling bin.
Speaker 12: No, not the residential mix.
Speaker 13: We recycle for industrial customers who produce enormous amounts of cardboard, plastics, and certain metals.
Speaker 9: So you're picking up exact stuff like cardboard or plastic or whatever.
Speaker 12: Exactly.
Speaker 5: I've always thought this.
Speaker 9: Tell me if this is true, I'm talking more of the residentials, and I'm talking to some of these fly by night exactly.
Speaker 2: I want to know the same thing you're going to ask.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Yeah, so you know they want to charge you a five bucks extra to get the recycling bind I think it all go in the same place. Now, I'm not saying that about for example, waste management. But I mean there is a million fly by night trash trucks that start a little route and they sell it to the big guys. I don't think they actually recycle.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Hold on? I want to come right back to that mark because I also want to ask. I want to ask how much of the recycling is wasted because we don't do it right.
Speaker 5: You hear all of these rules.
Speaker 2: You can't have food in it or touching it. I mean, does that mean we wash our bottles before putting them in there?
Speaker 5: You can't have labels, some of them say no bags. I want to know what happens.
Speaker 2: Do they take the thing and go through it and separate and try to keep some of it or do they just say the hell with it? I want, I really do. I want to hear this from somebody in the business. Plus what you just asked. Coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance Yeah, cup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find Out Now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, Martino Your Troubleshooter three oh three Martino three oh three six two.
Speaker 5: Seventy eighty four to six.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are solviing problems, answering questions, tak complaints Like yesterday, man, we had some, we were loaded with problems and uh and did some real good and we'll have follow ups coming up. We have in the studio with us also Mark Shamansky and Key's with Genesis Total Exteriors. We have Matt Stanford with Paragon Services, and I do have some texts for them as well. Paragon Services does public adjusting. But we were talking about recycling, so I want to continue on that vein. So Mark, what were you asking about recycling? Do they really recycle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Aren't there trash companies that don't? I mean, for real, there must be there must be.
Speaker 13: Well, I periodically hear those stories from time to time. I personally have never encountered one. I can tell you that there are only a few facilities in the metro area that process residential recycling. Waste Management and Republic Services both run.
Speaker 2: And when they pick up those yellow lids, they really do take them to the recycling center. Yes, what do they do? Because not everyone follows the exact rules? I mean, my god, they're like rules right, like, yeah, okay, so what do you do?
Speaker 13: Well, if there's contamination, which is very common in residential recycling, yeah, then you know, it's a labor intensive process. That stuff gets dumped and then bulldozed dowto miles of conveyor belts.
Speaker 12: And there are many, many people.
Speaker 2: There are people that literally separate does so, Now, if you put a bottle in there and it has a little bit of cranberry juice left, can they use it or they yes? Okay, So what would make a bottle not used?
Speaker 13: You know, if there's more than just some residual juice or milk in it. If you have a quarter full bottle, they're not going to open it up and dump the stuff out.
Speaker 12: That's going to go in the trash.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about a pizza box?
Speaker 13: Good question, I get that all the time. Pizza box grease stains, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Do not.
Speaker 13: Those do not affect the recyclability of the cardboard. But if there's some cheese stuck to it, or if you have the foil liners still in there.
Speaker 2: So Anthony's boxes, No, no, But will they they won't even take that trash off of the box and then put the box in recycle.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they'll just shove it right off the line into the reject.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are some other common things that are rejected that we think, hey, this is good.
Speaker 13: Well, I think there are a couple of things that really plague the recycling facilities.
Speaker 12: One of them is films.
Speaker 13: It's the technical term for bags and seram. No bags, no bags. They no kind of plastic bag, No plastic bags. They get wrapped around all kinds of equipment. They also get wrapped around other recycling recycling that otherwise would be recovered.
Speaker 2: So you don't so okay, wow, I didn't know. So if you get a package in a plastic bag or any plastic you don't. You don't put any plastic bags in recycling.
Speaker 12: No plastic bags.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if it's mixed in with your other stuff, it doesn't ruin your entire it's not like they reject the whole thing.
Speaker 5: They put it on a conveyor belt, as you said, Yeah they do.
Speaker 13: But if that plastic is stuck to or wrapped around some otherwise recyclable commodities, they're not going to be able to take the time to pull them away from the plastic.
Speaker 12: They'll just shove the hole.
Speaker 9: So after all the glass is sorted and whatever there is. After everything sorted, and then you have clean glass here, you have cardboard here, whatever it happens to be.
Speaker 1: What do they do then?
Speaker 9: Do they like crush it into blocks and then they sell it to the highest bidder?
Speaker 5: I mean, what the hell do they do with it?
Speaker 13: That's correct, They bail it into these big blocks that are about the size of an office desk of like stuff exactly. So there would be a bail of cardboard, a bail of them, and the cans a bale of milk.
Speaker 9: Jugs, and then like pepsi co for lack of a better word, who who's recycling plastic to use for you know, pepsi?
Speaker 5: They would maybe buy it if the price was right.
Speaker 12: Yes, all of that stuff gets sold.
Speaker 2: But but does it get sold not to the end user but to people who know how to make it into something. Right, So when when PEPSI says it uses recycled, they it goes somewhere first to be recycled, right, I mean, or does PEPSI take it and melt it down and use it.
Speaker 13: No, to the best of my knowledge, PEPSI does not operate a reprocessing facility, but there are plenty of reprocessors that will buy it.
Speaker 2: So there's recycling which puts it all to the then sens reprocess for the reprocessor connect. But then word does it go which commodity the processing plasastic.
Speaker 13: So you know, to continue with plastics. So there's bale of soda bottles for example. We'll go to a plastic recycled reprocessing facility where it's ground up into tiny little chipps. It gets washed to remove the residual you know, soda, milk, all that stuff, labels, and then that's sent to another factory that makes plastic bottles which are then solds to the end.
Speaker 2: Wow, we have a lot happening here, so hang on and we'll come back to this and more. Plus we have guests in the studio and questions. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven to one three talk or three oh three Martino three oh three.
Speaker 5: Six two seven eight four six ' six.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ripped you needed, that's who.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help her.
Speaker 1: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 15: Now Tom Martino, Welcome, Welcome to the show, mister Martino.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell him? Why are you about it?
Speaker 2: Why are you racing me out of it?
Speaker 5: What do you what do you mean? Nothing? I just you thought I was absent? Well I should have maybe aren't you maybe not?
Speaker 2: You know you keep making these jokes. It's been out there in the public and soon soon as I retired, there will be a lawsuit against Shannon and Dragon and Kaschina and Mark, and I will claim all elder abuse for a person at risk. And by the way, I got so many witnesses. All my YouTube morons are witnesses. They all say they will testify for me on the elder abuse And so it's gonna be it's gonna.
Speaker 9: Be terrible for you guys. I got twenty bucks. She forgets about the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: See that's another one that's going on there too, the only one not being named in the suit of sues. And I love it because she treats me so well.
Speaker 5: Oh you should see what she says when you're not.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So anyway, I might name my kids.
Speaker 2: For elder of you.
Speaker 9: Notice as your kids hit well, your kids are not quite there yet, but as they get around twenty and a little above, they really do have this. They really do start making fun of their parents in the age and things like you say that nowadays, they don't say, well.
Speaker 2: They've been making fun of us for a long time. They just got of course, what do you think my kids at eighteen and nineteen are not doing that. But by you know, I'm old for having kids eighteen and nineteen.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 2: So the extra they have extra stuff to make fun of, Patricia, What do you want to talk about, Patricia, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 16: Well, I wanted to shout out to Matt. I have been using him for a fire that I've had, and he has been an absolute blessing to me. Okay, So, I don't know how do people understand how complicated these kinds of insurance claims can be when you've got a condo and you're dealing with condo insurance and your own personal insurance. And I don't know that I could have gotten through.
Speaker 14: It without him.
Speaker 5: So what did he do for you?
Speaker 16: He's done everything. I mean, he's he's dealt with with the association, he's dealt with the insurance, most insurance companies. He's brought in the restoration company. He's walked me through everything.
Speaker 5: Matt, give us a rundown on hers if it sounds familiar, you know.
Speaker 16: Talking about you're going to retire. Well, I'm an.
Speaker 14: Elderly too, and I'll show you how.
Speaker 5: Old are you?
Speaker 3: Eighty?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 16: I was so overwhelmed that I didn't know whether I was coming or going and Matt has been a blessing. He is, he is on the spot, He explains things to you, he calms you down. It's amazing, It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Geez, Matt out there.
Speaker 16: I don't realize that there are public adjusters that can step in and ward off these insurance companies who.
Speaker 14: Just attack you.
Speaker 9: We've also had the opposite though, We've had some complaints on public adjusters.
Speaker 5: Well, some shammers nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've had some guys that call themselves public adjusters that actually started out pretty well. But then, jeez, Matt, how many people have you seen come and go in the space. Oh a few. I mean a lot of them dabble in it.
Speaker 6: Uh, they're you know, their realtors and their public adjusters and their plumbers kind of thing. So to have somebody jump in full time, I mean, this is a waiting game. You don't get paid until the insurance the you know, the insurance pays out, and that could be months. How many people could start a business with that model, you know, so it weeds them out pretty good.
Speaker 2: But you have to have a pipeline. You gotta have a pipeline and some capital to get going.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 5: But attorney, well, and you got to wear a lot of hats.
Speaker 6: It's sales, it's marketing, it's you know, you're you're trying to be a diplomat. It's not easy, and it's it's getting harder. These insurance companies are coming up with new tricks. But yeah, yeah, I see a lot of public adjusters come and go for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, as far as pat Patricia, thank you by the way for that. It's very kind of you to tell us the follow up, Mark, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Let me ask Matt something.
Speaker 9: So my understanding from you is, once an insurance company says yeah, you're covered, that's pretty much it is that correct.
Speaker 2: Or let's say, let's say.
Speaker 9: In my case, what we're dealing with in my house right now, the initial estimate is twelve thousand. You got involved because they said we're not going to do the claim. We don't think you had coverage. You get involved. They say, okay, he does have coverage, and they send me a check for twelve But then we say, oh, by the way, you owe him another forty fifty thousand, exactly like we're doing right now.
Speaker 5: Why well, I'll tell that in a minute.
Speaker 9: But my question is, at that point, once they already said we're going to pay you for whatever it is. You do have coverage if you up the claim like we're doing in my case. Can they come back and say, oh no, no, no, no, no, we're not going to cover you now.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: At that point, they're just gonna if they're gonna deny, they're going to deny supplements.
Speaker 1: They're going to argue the supplement, they're.
Speaker 6: Gonna argue the number. Once they say you're approved, I have very rarely seen them pull the poker cards back.
Speaker 9: So once they approved me Tom, they thought all they would have to do is basically resand the hardwood floors.
Speaker 1: We basically had a flood, so.
Speaker 9: In the woods, you know, it needs to be resanded, some of it needs to be replaced. And then we have connecting hardwood though throughout the entire basically first floor. So the issue became one of them. The bay, the baseboards, and paint. So originally they were saying it's going to be twelve grand to sand and finish the floor. Then basically Matt said, well you're forgetting we need some new flooring over here. So then you got that. Then he said, look at this baseboard. My baseboard is continuous with that hardwood. And it's the same hardwood is the hardwood. So if you replace that, it becomes a different color. You've got a better way to work.
Speaker 5: I understand. I just know what you're saying because and.
Speaker 2: You are, you are expected to have your house that's trick.
Speaker 9: And then what happens when you take baseboard off a lot the paint will chip where it goes back on or it comes off.
Speaker 6: They're standing that floor down and Mark Simanski can talk about this. That's going to drop the baseboard a eighth of an inch.
Speaker 8: Eight and then say your cock line where you have cocktail.
Speaker 5: Now you got to paint the walls.
Speaker 9: Now you need new baseboard is basically where okay, so then hold on.
Speaker 2: So then from the walls, then if that, if you paint the walls, you got to match the ceiling, and then of course you got to do light things to match the ceiling, and then you gotta send and then you gotta pay for Mark's new car.
Speaker 9: So I so that's how it went from twelve and now it's up around sixty thousand. But I warned them it to be, didn't I. Matt actually told me, you know, you couldn't handle it.
Speaker 2: Why were they being such jerks though, seriously about not claiming at all?
Speaker 5: What was that about to defer to mat.
Speaker 2: On that well, it was a hail damage.
Speaker 6: That it was hailstorm that piled up on his back door and then melted and seeped in through the door.
Speaker 2: So then they call that flood when water flows.
Speaker 9: But I have flood insurance, which the original adjuster I don't think she realized I had that addendum on my policy and they said, no, we're denying it because it's flood, and I said, dummy, I have flood insures.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to ask though, I want to ask mat something.
Speaker 2: So technically, if he didn't have flood insurance, even though it was hail, once the hail piles up and melts and flows, I hear, anytime water flows from a from a surface, a horizontal surface on the exterior of their home into a home, it's flood. Is that the definition?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: In most cases this one, I basically got away with it because it was his death and not the ground.
Speaker 5: But you're right, But because it's a horizontal surface.
Speaker 6: Right, I basically told them, you know, this guy's got the best coverage money can buy.
Speaker 2: We need to find a path. Let's go and now it happened.
Speaker 5: Explain bad faith when we come back.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: I want to know. I hear it all the time.
Speaker 2: Now I heard Colorado is very friendly to a consumer when it comes to bad faith because you just have to have a few conditions and it could very well sting the hell out of an insurance company. We'll talk about that coming back. Eight eight eight Heating dot com. Garrett and his team great people for checking out your systems, and they do hybrid high efficiency systems especially good now if you're looking for electric backup if for your heat and you have a solar system three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: Yeah, cool, you're on, You're on.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thank you. I usually I hear bumper music. What the hell happened? Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I'm like a trained seal. I hear things and I react my part.
Speaker 5: I'm almost as old as you. No way, Shannon, no way.
Speaker 2: So Jay wants to talk about lowering hardwood floors. What I don't Oh, by the standing you're talking. That's so microscopic, isn't it?
Speaker 17: So?
Speaker 5: Jay, what what was your comment on that?
Speaker 18: We just did a house. Famy had to come and keep redoing the floors because they couldn't get it just right. It's a very nice house, so it had to be perfect. When they were done, we put the baseboard trend back on and it left a bit of a line where the calking had been.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what those guys were talking about.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, So what we had to do was get it nice and smooth and re re repatch it and texture it and knock it down and blend the texture in. And that was a lot of work.
Speaker 9: So did you have to repaint those that those walls too. Yep, yep, that's what I'm facing right there.
Speaker 18: Town in order to make it perfect. And it's a nice house. It had to be. It wasn't an apartment or something like. We just do what we need to do and roll. This is a beautiful house. It started beautiful, and he wanted it back where it was. So that took us quite a while.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is a like a chain reaction, guys, I was joking, you know, then we go upstairs and then we buy him a new car.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like a chain reaction.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to figure out how I get my barn painted. Yeah, so, but it really does happen. Now I have a question. We were going to talk about bad faith.
Speaker 2: So I was told Matt in Colorado, and this was told to me by an attorney.
Speaker 5: I think his name was London.
Speaker 6: Remember London, Yeah, London, uh Crons Yep, yep, I'm friends with him.
Speaker 2: He does bad faith. And he said, if there is a legitimate estimate and and apprizal appraisal, meaning that an expert contractor says this must be done, this is damage and a legitimate price that if they just turned down any legitimate claim like that, that's under the policy.
Speaker 5: It's bad faith.
Speaker 2: Well that has to be determined by the court. Well, yes, of course, but I mean you can sue on bad faith. But the bad faith death.
Speaker 5: Definition in Colorado is pretty broad. He said.
Speaker 2: It's delay and deny. So exactly.
Speaker 6: So, if an insurance company is delaying, you know, beyond a reasonable time. Let's say you file a claim and they ignore you for two months, that's clear delay. If they come back and go, oh, yeah, we forgot about you. By the way, we're not covering your loss. Now they've hit both d's deny. So then you would take it to you have to have both. I heard you don't have to have both. No, you don't. But if you're going to try to get a judge to say that it's bad faith, you really need that type of AMMO. And it's going to pay triple if they if they agree to it.
Speaker 2: There's a statutory Yeah, there's a statute for bad faith according to my girlfriend here and it's CRS ten three one eleven five.
Speaker 5: Now here's what it says.
Speaker 2: An insurance company is prohibited from unreasonably just what you just said, delaying or denying of a claim for benefits, and it says if an insure unreasonably delays or denies a claim, they can be held for damages, including attorneys fees. That's pretty broad, fricking base man.
Speaker 6: It's it's a gray area, and that's why I don't see too many of them go through the courts and win in bad faith.
Speaker 2: It does happen, but I.
Speaker 6: Don't wait, wait, wait, you're saying it's it's difficult to win. I very rarely see it, honestly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now I do see claims, and I have a bunch of them with attorneys and they go through appraisal or they go into litigation and mediate and they get the claim paid plus attorney's fees. But not triple bad faith.
Speaker 9: No, that's hard because at some point someone someone's hitting that calculator, that accounting and going, okay, it's not worth.
Speaker 5: The risk, right, and they say uncle, they say uncle, yump.
Speaker 2: Settle on the courthouse steps.
Speaker 9: Wasn't the first one. Didn't it have to do with mold in that Ed McMahon or something that wasn't necessarily bad faith?
Speaker 5: I don't think it might have been. I think it was one of the largest bad faiths ever made.
Speaker 2: I think with him it was more it was that one of the first mole cases as to whether you can whether you can have a probable cause something be claimed because of something that was covered and and like what we're talking about the chain reaction. But I'm not sure it was so long ago, but he changed the entire face of the industry because mold has become like in Texas, for example, some insurance companies started writing policies and say we're not covering it because people would have, Honest to god Mark, when my show was on ktr H there, we would have people who had a leak in a window coming to their home over a few months and they wanted their whole house rebuilt because of toxic mold.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was. It was ridiculous. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the case that well. Do you remember it Matt Ed McMahon case. It was very famous.
Speaker 9: So basically he had a pipe it broke during his television career. I think it was July two thousand. Wood pipe broke flooded the den and the den was actually filled with memorabilia from his career.
Speaker 1: They discovered mold.
Speaker 9: In the den A month later. It spread through the heating and air conditioning ducks. In fact, at one point, their dog, what's the dog's name, It actually showed the dog's name, Muffin that looked like a sheep dog began suffering from respiratory illness.
Speaker 5: It was all a surrounding Mold and the company.
Speaker 9: Even though they paid for I guess some of the memorabilia that was destroyed by the water and some other stuff, they refused to pay for the mitigation for Mold, right, and they sued them.
Speaker 5: For bad faith and it was settled.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they ended up getting it was settled. That's right, it was settled. They paid them seven point two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Or was that treble damages or was that just a no?
Speaker 5: Because it says they settled they settled the suit. Well, first of all, trible.
Speaker 2: Damages, trouble damages is stack depending on the state.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but if you go all the way through in a jury or judge actually says that's what happened. In other words, if they fight you the whole way, I'm pretty sure London told me, just like Matt said, a lot of times you hire an attorney and they end up paying the claim and paying the attorney's fees, so they don't have to pay the treble damage.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is unless it's part of the statute treble damages, then they don't get trouble damages even if they do lose.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 9: Just like in Colorado, if you write a bad check, you can get trouble damages, right, and it's a statute.
Speaker 2: These statutes are written for treble damages.
Speaker 9: Against me is American American Equity Insurance Company. Actually I thought I was going to say family, but I never heard of that.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 2: The reason they write treble damages is to make it sting on all kinds of things. There are treble damages for wages to punish the bad rush.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so we have something here for Mark Mark Schumansky on people want to know about upgrades like I I you they said, Tom, you said I could get better siding if my siding is destroyed by hail?
Speaker 5: Does that? How does that work? So roof?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like we rarely.
Speaker 7: In fact, I think there was only two cases year that we didn't go up to class four. Even if you had a three tab shingle on your house.
Speaker 5: But you don't have to pay extra.
Speaker 8: You didn't pay extra, We still went to a class four for you.
Speaker 5: So and then they get the actual breakout well a lot of.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, we just do class four. It's just standard policy at our at our business. There's several other things we're doing in the roofs too, just to make it a better quality product that's on your house. Same thing with sighting. You know, we had the line that was that was a very great price. They have they have raised their prices so it's not as great a deal as it was, but it's still a phenomenal product for the price. So going from vinyl to vinyl, you're probably gonna say unless you're gonna stick in some money of your own, but it's still not very much and you have a much better product going from a vinyl to a line siding or to an LP smart side sign.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now, thank you about that. Because people want to upgrade, they don't necessarily and even if they do pay a little, now's the best The best time is when the insurance is paying for most of it.
Speaker 5: If you had like older aluminum siding or something like that, could you actually stucco right over it and make the house brand luminum bite not aluminum.
Speaker 7: We'd have to pull that off because it's not strong enough to hold the stucco. Got it, But we got to be to a wood service because.
Speaker 5: You've got to put wire.
Speaker 8: Over right, right, we do the chicken wire on it and yep.
Speaker 2: So now listen, I have a text here, Tom, can you retrofit a quiet cool system to be a wireless system? So the old quiet cools and a lot of whole house fans have normal on and off switches, and you can turn them on and off, and you can turn them to low, medium, and high. I don't know of any adapters that do that. However, there are plenty of adapters that I have used, the Amazon adapters. I don't know what you call them. Where it's basically a WiFi so turn on my cool fan or you use your phone app. But what it is, it's it's an outlet basically, and the outlet plugs into the outlet and then when you plug something into that outlet you plugged into the outlet. That outlet you plugged in speaks to your Wi Fi and you can address it through apps.
Speaker 5: Now here's what I've done.
Speaker 2: I've actually because sometimes I wanted to hardwire them and they and what I had did not plug in, such as a whole house fan. I didn't do it with that, but I did it with some other stuff in a room that was hardwired. And what I did was I took a part that plug and instead of using the outlet, I simply hardwired it and it works exactly the same.
Speaker 5: So I was able to retrofit.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not suggesting people do this if they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: I was able.
Speaker 2: To use a junction box, put the Alexa or whatever those plugs are called, the Wi Fi call it a Wi Fi receptacle. I was able to put a Wi Fi receptacle, which is nothing more than an on and off switch and you plug things into it. So when you plug something into it, it has to be on and then you use the outlet to turn it on and off. So I did that, but instead of using the outlet portion, I simply wired it and it worked flawlessly and I still have it.
Speaker 5: And then I got remote control.
Speaker 2: I went so far as I didn't want to have to fire up the app on my phone every time, so I bought these little these little buttons that are that take the like the uh hearing A batteries these little buttons, and I just use a wireless button sometimes to turn that thing on and off.
Speaker 5: But you can use a phone app as well.
Speaker 2: But so there are ways to fit but you can't do it yourself.
Speaker 5: But there are ways.
Speaker 2: But however, with the whole house system that I can't see how you would adjust the speed or the time interval. The remote control they have, the wireless one controls the time intervals, so you can turn it on for two hours, four hours, eight hours, ten hours, twelve hours, and you can turn it too low or high. I don't know how you would get that many settings in a Wi Fi switch.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can so.
Speaker 2: And for some reason, the whole house Fan Quiet Cool is way behind the times, way behind the times when it comes to that kind of interface.
Speaker 5: They really are.
Speaker 2: I love the product, but they're way behind on that kind of tape.
Speaker 5: You could install a clapper. I can remember that. We got more coming right up.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison call Compass Insurance, paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, So let's continue here, and we have people calling in and Deputy Bow has an update. We have a lot of stuff we're talking about here. Uh, Jim, go ahead, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Yes, I have an issue that he is related to the delay and deny conversation you're just having, but with a wrinkle with a what a mattress delivered with a delay.
Speaker 2: And okay, go ahead, go ahead and talk it all right, let's talk about it.
Speaker 14: We ordered a mattress from Macy's. They couldn't deliver it, but recommended a delivery service called lug Telugg, which you contact over an app. We specifically asked for a van because we have a very windy driveway. They showed up with a very large truck that had a very hard time turning around and damage to driveway. I called them put the claim in to ask for a.
Speaker 2: Take and let me explain something quickly. Bad faith. Although we can still probably help you with this, bad faith only includes claims where you have a contract with the insurance company. And by bad faith what they mean is bad faith in on bring your their commitment to you. When you're dealing with a third party insurance or a third party, there is no bad faith, so keep going, understand.
Speaker 14: So I sent them the picture. I sent them the estimate, which was for twelve hundred dollars. They responded by saying they'll offer me four hundred dollars, which I refused. They event said, well go ahead and have the fellow address the issue and we will pay for it. The people in charge of the driveway who installed the driveway as Martin Marietta, and they didn't want to deal with at a third party. They want to deal just with me. When I responded to the LUG people, they said, well, you go ahead and pay for it and we'll reimburse you. I don't feel I should advance the money for the repairs, and I don't trust them.
Speaker 5: I think you should.
Speaker 9: Why is that, Well, they said they're going to pay it, and then right now he really doesn't have much to sue him on if he puts the money, if he ponies up gets it fixed. And I assume you have an email or something saying what you just said, and then they don't pay you. It seems like a pretty slam dunk in small claims.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, and you understand, Jim, you understand, And this is a crazy concept.
Speaker 5: A lot of people don't understand.
Speaker 2: Just because it happened, and just because they did it doesn't make it negligent.
Speaker 9: Well, let's hear what happened. What exactly happened when they delivered the mattress.
Speaker 14: Well, we specifically talk to them about the driveway, and we said.
Speaker 2: Okay, that doesn't you keep mentioning that. You keep mentioning that, Okay, when you say I specifically wanted a van and not a truck, Okay, I know you mentioned that this is the third time.
Speaker 5: And the reason you mentioned it is because you're trying to.
Speaker 2: Set up a list of conditions that they violated, therefore breached. But unless you specifically said do not come here without a van or use only a van, and you can prove that. So do you have that in an email?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 14: I have an email saying do not send the truck, send.
Speaker 2: The wonderful, wonderful Okay. So they were put on notice that you didn't want a truck there.
Speaker 14: Correct, And I was standing outside when the truck came up, and I was yelling at them to stop, and the fellow had turn around and despite my yelling, just kept driving right.
Speaker 2: And what did the truck? What?
Speaker 5: I get you?
Speaker 2: So two things? You put it in an email. The second thing, you were yelling at him. Now what damage was there? Did it sink into the asphalt or what? What did it?
Speaker 5: Or did it go ahead?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 14: The front rear tires just went over the edges and just undermine that whole edge.
Speaker 2: I think you're I think you've got a good case here, and that's why they're offering to pay for it.
Speaker 5: And how much is it going to be?
Speaker 9: I think he said it twelve hundred. Oh, I would definitely pay it. Get it fixed, man, Well you're this is like I think that I. I think they're going to pay the twelve hundred without blinking. And well, they put it in writing to you. They're going to pay for it, right? Yes, Okay, well then why don't you do it?
Speaker 14: Let me ask you this if if my uh, if I end up being right and there's more stalling and delaying and I have to sue them, how does that work? If they're headquartered in San Francisco, uh and do business. What's the name of the company chronic in plug l ugg.
Speaker 5: You have to see if they have a presence here.
Speaker 14: I tried, I couldn't find anything. But they certainly, you know, contract out for people to what's the full name? What's the full name that I think plug cauling or lug delivery services.
Speaker 2: Lug delivery or something marks looking it up right now, because what it'll do, it'll tell you if they have an entity here.
Speaker 5: Let's just look at it.
Speaker 14: They can do a business in Colorado without having an entity here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know it depends now, it depends hold on not if for example, it's an insurance company or not.
Speaker 5: If it's a medical clinic or a lawyer.
Speaker 2: Uh, they have to have they have to have certain but but something like a delivery company, they don't have to have an office here.
Speaker 14: You know, they reference their insurance com But I've never dealt with the insurance coming.
Speaker 5: I don't see any LUG.
Speaker 2: When I search the business database to you, Mark, I don't see anything.
Speaker 5: No, I'm trying it a little different way. But just give me a second.
Speaker 14: I think you can google them and they'll show right up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, lug. Okay.
Speaker 2: So anyway, here's the bottom line. Why are you going through all of this? I mean, what difference does it make. Let's put it this way. You want it fixed, right, So they're not going to fix it unless you Unless you fix it and they're going to pay you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Well I'm not as certain as you are that they will pay me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But here's what I'm asking you. Here's what I'm asking you. If they're not going to pay you, then when you do it, they're not going to pay you now. So what difference does it make. You can't compel them to pay you. You'd have to sue them now. So so you either sue them now or you sue them later.
Speaker 14: Right, So I'm asking you, Yes, sorry, I'm trying to use that leverage to get paid, to get more assurance that I would get paid.
Speaker 5: Okay, then sue them now, then sue them now. But here, here's the thing. They're going to go to court and say, your honor, we said we would pay it.
Speaker 2: Well, what you do is, first of all, you have to see if they have an agent here with We're going to go right back to where we were. We're in a circle now, we're going to see if they have an agent here if not, if they do not have a local agent. Do you have the name of the driver that drove? Did they have a truck that was labeled lug? What did they have?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no one the truck had label did they But did you get the name of the driver.
Speaker 18: I may have there.
Speaker 14: You know, they send a review and they ask you to reach you the driver.
Speaker 5: I would sue the driver. I would sue the driver.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at if you're not going to have a business, if there's not a business presence, you're going to have.
Speaker 5: To sue the driver, Okay, or fly to wherever they are and sue them.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 5: I know that makes no sense, No, of course it doesn't.
Speaker 2: That The point I'm making is it really makes no sense to sue them before you even know if they're going to perform.
Speaker 5: You can always sue them afterwards.
Speaker 2: Do you understand what you're saying why do it now? If you're willing to do it, then take the chance. But maybe I should put it this way. Why would you wait to get it fixed? Just say straight up? Is it because you do not have the money? I know I have the money.
Speaker 5: If you have the money and you want your driveway.
Speaker 2: Fixed, Let's say lug goes away tomorrow. Let's say they're bankrupt and they go away, will you leave your driveway unfixed? No? Okay, then fix it? Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pass until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hey Tom Martino, here, welcome. Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 2: If we let me just look here, So let's go to Skillet and Deputy Bow. I know you have some updates I'm going to get to your skillet. Go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 19: Hey, this just happened about nineteen hours ago.
Speaker 2: Who I booked my all night and day.
Speaker 19: I booked a round trip ticket from Dallas to Washington Baltimore International Airport because they got an Amtrak station right there on the property.
Speaker 14: It's on the airport.
Speaker 10: So once I get to Washington, I always jump a train to go to Atlantic City, and I've done it.
Speaker 20: Before no problems.
Speaker 10: But I had to change planes in Charlotte and that plane was broke down for about two and a half hours.
Speaker 19: I got to h DC area late, missed.
Speaker 10: My train, and I was going to have to take this the train into Philly and spend the night in Philly and then go into Atlantic City the next day.
Speaker 18: And I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I just said, I'm going home to Dallas, all right, hold on and we'll get right.
Speaker 5: Did he hang up or did we put him on hold?
Speaker 2: Put him on how then we'll come.
Speaker 5: We'll come right back to him.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martino more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pass second until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Rip of.
Speaker 4: You ned so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come run insious as fast as you can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. As I say every day, here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, and make your life a little easier.
Speaker 5: So let's go to the phones and try to do that.
Speaker 2: Now, Skillet has an airline problem and the problem, and I just want to say this up front. We first look to solve problems if we can, and try to help people.
Speaker 5: Any way we can. A lot of times though the systems are not set up.
Speaker 2: For helping because common law, which is law that has been determined by decisions in court sometimes don't support what you're looking for, and sometimes there's no statutory law, for example, in travel.
Speaker 5: And I don't even know what skill it's got. I'm gonna let him finish.
Speaker 2: But in travel, he started telling a story about how because of the screw up of the airline he missed some connection and possibly have some damages. You had to stay overnight somewhere to recover expenses from an airline on that kind of thing is usually done as a courtesy, and the airline will give a voucher or something. As far as their legal responsibility, there are all kinds of disclaimers when it comes to travel and airlines and missedflights and canceled flights, and very seldom, if ever, are they held responsible for what is called consequential damages. Now, that doesn't mean if an airline is agregeous in what they do and absolutely intolerable, that the courts wouldn't change that for that particular case.
Speaker 5: So skill it continue your story.
Speaker 2: The flight was delayed, you chose not to but to find a place in Philadelphia for the night.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 19: I stayed right there at Baltimore at the airport. Okay, they opened up the counter at three in the morning, and the next plane that blast off to Dallas was at six in the morning.
Speaker 2: And so, oh you wanted to go home, that's right, okay, yes, so your flight was delayed and you missed your train.
Speaker 19: Correct, yes, sir. And their argument is, well, we're an airline and you're you gotta be with Amtrak. And I said that Amtrak station is on airport property, so there's no difference between it being a plane or a train.
Speaker 5: Well, there is a difference. They don't control the trains.
Speaker 18: Well, it's like a train.
Speaker 19: It's like a plane because you kill it.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe I'm not understanding you. So why don't you tell me?
Speaker 2: Do you feel the airline because the flight was delayed, is responsible for your expenses because you miss your.
Speaker 19: Train on the expense I had was they wouldn't honor my ticket back home.
Speaker 2: They made me pay for it on my pre not a pre Wait a minute, you had a round trip already, didn't you.
Speaker 5: Yes, sure, then why wouldn't they let you American?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: Or you weren't looking for expenses, you were simply.
Speaker 3: Looking I stayed up all night.
Speaker 2: You were simply looking hold on, skillet, skilly, you were simply looking to take that round trip ticket and to go back sooner.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, that's all you wanted.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but then they wouldn't do that.
Speaker 19: They shook why three and sixty bucks?
Speaker 2: But why wouldn't that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Now, I don't blame you for being upset, but what was their reasoning for keeping for not letting you use the other part of your round trip ticket?
Speaker 19: Because they called it an economy fair.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing all of them.
Speaker 2: Do you mean no changes?
Speaker 5: Okay, well he didn't say that, so you had a no change ticket.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 19: But all I asked for was a free ride home and they shook me down for three sixty.
Speaker 2: I understand what you're saying, But do you understand what Mark is saying Skillett that when you buy the conditions you bought under to get the lowest fares, the condition is you.
Speaker 5: Make no changes.
Speaker 2: Now, your argument is the only reason you made a change is because they screwed up and you were delayed and you wanted to go home. They're going to say, well, the fact that you want to turn around and come home isn't our problem. You could have gone on to your destination and we would have honored the return trip.
Speaker 5: Is that what they're saying?
Speaker 19: Yeah, if I wanted to spend the night in Philadelphia at the train station because it didn't no.
Speaker 2: I get it, then they would then instead of it you going and gambling at Atlantic City. They're saying, if you spent the same time you would have at Atlantic City, you could have flown home on that ticket.
Speaker 5: But to change that ticket, it's going to cost you.
Speaker 18: Eh, three hundred and sixty bucks.
Speaker 2: Well, that's for the new one way. That's skillet, that's for the new one way ticket home the three sixty. Do you still have an active leg of that round trip that you can use in the future or not?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 19: I think once I purchased that that other leg that pretty much a discount. It wasn't too bad three sixty to go home. I think that invalidated that, to tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: But I'm not did they get we well, okay, did they kind of give you credit for that then.
Speaker 5: Toward that ticket? Is that why it was old?
Speaker 19: No, I guarantee you they'd never used the word credit at all.
Speaker 21: I mean that was did they use Okay, did they use the term discount, no, because all I asked for was I said, well, I already paid for a round trip rocket and they said, well, since it was an economy ticket.
Speaker 19: You change that in val Basically, you can't tell you're the best time.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, hold on, skillet, I mean, what airline is line?
Speaker 18: What airline is in America?
Speaker 5: And mark?
Speaker 2: What would you do in a cay if this happened to you, you travel a lot b.
Speaker 5: Ireland, what would you do? Well, I can't put myself in this scenario. I mean there's nothing to tell me.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 5: Well, there's nothing I could do if I bought that ticket, the economy ticket with no changes.
Speaker 9: I mean usually when you book these things, I don't care where you book them, they make it very clear. There's no refund, there's no anything like Frontier for example, as you're booking something, it tries to sell you, you know, for like ten dollars, the ability you can switch a flight up to twenty four hours, But if you don't pay for it, they're never going to allow you to do that. I mean that's how they make money.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you got to remember I lost one hundred and twenty on my Amtrak ticket too, no, I.
Speaker 5: Get it, I get it. Yea.
Speaker 2: What they're saying is it all stems from a delayed flight and flights are not guaranteed, and then the delayed flight that you had two other losses. You couldn't use your other round.
Speaker 5: You know, we've talked about this in traffic accidents. I mean, how far? How far could you possibly go out?
Speaker 9: So let's say because you missed that train, you didn't show up to Atlantic City, and you weren't on a certain blackjack table where they hit some kind of crazy prize at night.
Speaker 5: I mean, anything could happen. How how far can you stretch it?
Speaker 2: Or you were on your way to a real estate closing and the guy decided not to sell to you because you didn't show up.
Speaker 5: Yep, you can't sue for those things.
Speaker 2: Those are called consequential or subsequential damages.
Speaker 5: You can't you can't get those, well.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 9: You can definitely sue for them, but you'll never get them because when you bought that plane ticket, you already agreed that any and all things can happen in too bad so.
Speaker 5: Sad, that's right.
Speaker 2: That goes for FedEx deliveries, That goes for a lot unless unless here's the exception, Unless the person providing the service knows the risk they're taking and they charge accordingly. For example, let's say you had an envelope that positively had to get there or you would lose a million dollar deal. Then you get a bonded carrier. That's a whole different ballgame, and then they know the.
Speaker 5: Risks they're taking and you pay for that risk.
Speaker 2: So instead of paying thirty bucks, you're going to pay three hundred. So there's you know, people are always quick to want to cash in on the subsequent damage, but not necessarily pay for the risk upfront. So really that's the story of life is that we take a lot of risks when we take bargains, but we can't go back and say, well, I wasn't expecting the risk to come true.
Speaker 5: I don't want the bar and I want my money my loss.
Speaker 2: So it's very difficult, skillet, But I thank you for calling, and I just wish I had better news for you. I don't think we could do anything about it right after this, Deputy Bow has some updates you can get your calls in as well. Plus we have Mark Schamansky Genesis Total Exteriors in Matt Stanford from Paragon Services.
Speaker 9: He's a public adjuster. Go ahead, Mark, you know real quick. I just hopped on American. So if you wanted to fly from Denver to New York, I forget what date I chose, But for the non refundable cheap seat round trip is three hundred and sixteen. For something that's fully refundable, you're at eleven hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: I mean, there's your difference. So where is your tolerance? Where is your tolerance for that? Because even if he did buy that premium that he could refund, he spent eight hundred bucks more on it, which doesn't even come to what he's saying his losses were.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, exactly yep. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk to U, Deputy bo. Deputy Bow was happy, Tom hey.
Speaker 22: Man, Yes, calling about this Kayla that called Thursday, last Thursday to twelve o'clock own. She contracted with a roofer. She gave the roof for six thousand dollars up front.
Speaker 5: That was her name again, Kayla, okay, and what happened?
Speaker 23: She gave the guy's not coming back.
Speaker 5: He he's not doing the What was the name of the roofer?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 23: His last name is Sandoval?
Speaker 22: And I want to go on with this story a little bit, and I really want to give out his name again because I called him a couple of times.
Speaker 23: He didn't call me back.
Speaker 2: So I went three, I'm sorry, never mind three roofing, roofing.
Speaker 23: And so I went over and paid a visit to his residence on set.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 22: So I posted a note and actually came out and talked to me, and he gave me a story how he couldn't get the right shingles and Kayla to get the money back. Yeah, he said he's been working ru her and there was something about how the referral of the job went, so he didn't want to.
Speaker 23: He didn't want me to.
Speaker 2: So what about the Contractor's Trust Act and the sixth grand he took?
Speaker 22: Tom, I mentioned that he's very nervous and scared about it, and I think the goal here is to get the lady your six thousand dollars back.
Speaker 23: So he promised me that if I could give him a week and a half to two weeks, that he would pay Caleb back.
Speaker 22: And for some reason, Tom, when he came out to talk to me, I kind of had a little bit of faith in him and some.
Speaker 2: Other things going on.
Speaker 22: So I'm going to call to October first, and I told him to take a picture of the money order of the check and if he doesn't do it, then we need to put him on a sleeze brigade.
Speaker 23: But I do have faith.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 5: In other words, he didn't seem like a bad guy at first.
Speaker 23: I thought he was terrible. When he called in last Thursday, I thought he should be on it. But yeah, he had some issues. He was in a hospital, you know, just a lot of issues.
Speaker 22: And then I talked to the kaylea about it, and she's in agreement that we're going to wait.
Speaker 2: And for some reason, I just think in my heart, he's going to Okay, thank you so much, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: Anything else going on, bone, Uh.
Speaker 22: Well, we're talking about the buddha case. A few weeks ago. I thought that was interesting. I was hoping that Monique would put the Buddha back out on the porch so I could challenge the hoa.
Speaker 2: Now the hoa said they didn't remove it, or they did by mistake.
Speaker 22: Or what they sent her or notice to get it for her to pull it back in, and they did. They she ignored the notice, and the hoa did take her Buddha.
Speaker 2: What was the purpose of taking If they allow other statues outside doors, why would they take her statue.
Speaker 23: I don't know him personally.
Speaker 11: If they recall about that one time, it was too big, it was too large to be out front.
Speaker 5: It had nothing to do with being Buddha.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 23: It was about the size of a bat, smaller than the basketball.
Speaker 9: And well, I'm sorry it was the hoa, Yes, it was Ambersmith hr or whatever the management.
Speaker 5: But I guess isn't that stuff really just what it is? I mean, if no one's allowed to do it.
Speaker 2: Like certain planters were out front and those were.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 21: Front.
Speaker 5: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 23: Think she has a religious free religious.
Speaker 2: If they allow Let's put it this way, if they allow things outside, they can't discriminate as to what they allow outside. I mean, if they allow certain things like statues and decorations, but they go up to her because she has a buddhen says you can't have it unless they specifically don't want.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 9: Wait, you're saying if I lived there and I had a garden gnome, what would happen?
Speaker 1: Is that cool?
Speaker 5: Can? I don't know? That's the part I'm trying to figure out. Yeah, you're probably fine.
Speaker 9: Yes, So if it is under the size, I'm fine. Correct, And if hers was under the size, she'd be fine.
Speaker 2: But well, we don't know.
Speaker 5: We don't know that, I mean, find out the conditions from her story when she originally told it.
Speaker 2: It's a rather large Buddhist statue.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that might be it.
Speaker 22: Well, one of the maintenance men heard heard this on the show, and he rescued the Buddha out of the mechanical room and gave it back to her.
Speaker 2: Did he say, did he say?
Speaker 5: What do you thought was going on?
Speaker 23: He didn't think it was right, but he gave her the Buddha bag. That really, you've going through the proper age or race sometime.
Speaker 9: Are they allowed just to take it? That's a little lot. I can see finding her or something, But to go take her Buddha. Isn't that a little yeah?
Speaker 2: But they weren't going to I don't think they confiscated it for good.
Speaker 5: They just wanted to get it off the deck.
Speaker 2: But how about this, it's out in front of your house.
Speaker 11: Can it be considered trash because it's not on any streading is it?
Speaker 5: Is it trash that would be stretching it?
Speaker 22: Well, this call it's a moot point because now she has it hidden in the closet.
Speaker 9: You won't put my When I was when I was a kid growing up, my parents had this big Buddha ceramics set, and it was a drink set for mixed drinks, and in the middle of the Buddha stomach where the belly button would be, would be the little stir to stir stuff.
Speaker 5: So I'm a fan of Buddha.
Speaker 2: Oh well, what a dichotomy using Buddha as a store of alcohol. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Wow weird anyway, so hold on speaking of religious figures.
Speaker 2: I just I'm not I'm not criticizing anyone. I'm just saying speaking of that the pope. Yeah, he said that this election is coming down to voting for the least of two evils.
Speaker 5: Oh nice of him.
Speaker 2: He actually said that, Oh here's a Buddha. He actually said that it comes down to the least of two evils. He doesn't like uh Trump because of the immigration thing, and he doesn't like Kamala because of the abortion thing. I mean he basically he has, in a rare, rare moment, made a political statement.
Speaker 5: If you look it up, he think he's made plenty. Oh has he?
Speaker 2: Well he has about hold on, he has about climate change. But I'm not sure that's political. He was looking at that as being I don't know, maybe responsible or something like, not political, who knows. But this one was political because he was directly talking about his or not his, but our election. Three oh three seven to one to three talks seven one three, eight.
Speaker 5: Two five five.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we have again open lines. Yesterday we couldn't Uh, we couldn't do enough to get I mean, we had so many calls we couldn't get him in. So if you have a problem, question or complaint, please give us a call and let us know. And I have an update on Quiet Cool when we talked about the Wi Fi controls, so I want you to know about that. Also, I want to tell you about renew Home Innovations for the most beautiful showers I've ever seen, stone walls that look exactly like stone, but no maintenance or a stone resident. And then you have glass panels, perimeter trains, no thresholds, walk or stumble over. You have grab bars, benches, they made. They're made exclusively for your movement, custom made in two or three days and seventy two months to pay with no interest. Wow. Renew Home Innovations dot com three O three nine zero four two thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter tre all three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. John has a bad car deal. He wants to talk about John. What's happening? What's going on?
Speaker 21: Man?
Speaker 24: Hi Tom? This is what was actually my girlfriend, girlfriend's daughter on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Girlfriend's daughter, okay, got it.
Speaker 24: Went to Acno Auto Sales at fifteen sixty five see fifteen eighty five Watsworth Boulevard and Lakewood.
Speaker 5: What's her first name?
Speaker 24: Emily?
Speaker 5: Emily, Emily. She went to this to this place and.
Speaker 24: They drove all the way down from Fort Collin, from Fort Collins because she saw some ads on the internet for some of the used cars.
Speaker 2: And the name of that is again, what is it, Econo Dealership, Econauato Sales.
Speaker 5: All right, So what happened? What went wrong?
Speaker 24: Well, yeah, they drove all the way down from Fort Collins and she looked at a car and her mother and I We didn't even know she had bought a car until she called us, and she had signed all the paperwork, and it was too late. But she bought a twenty twelve Nissan Ultima, which she gave me the vend number, but she'd already signed all the paperwork.
Speaker 2: And it showed a Nissan a twenty twelve, how many miles?
Speaker 24: And it showed what one hundred and thirty three thousand Nissan?
Speaker 5: Was it salvage?
Speaker 1: What did it show?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 24: One hundred and thirty two k on that No, one hundred and thirty three thousand on that car?
Speaker 5: Yeah that's okay, hundred and thirty three k okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Yeah, So I did a quick Kelly Bluebook on.
Speaker 5: It, and well, what does she pay? You didn't tell us what did she pay?
Speaker 24: She paid, say the total amount here, not total.
Speaker 5: Amountfinance, the price.
Speaker 2: That she paid price.
Speaker 5: It was twelve thousand, twelve thousand, so that was all. Did she put any money down?
Speaker 24: She put fifteen hundred dollars down, Okay, so keep going. Yeah, And so anyways, and then of course I did the the car fax and they so how much.
Speaker 5: Does that car work? I don't even know? With one hundred What is the knees on go ahead?
Speaker 24: It was in mind condition with those miles it would be about fifty nine hundred dollars retail.
Speaker 5: Okay, so she overpaid by twice.
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, we paid.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 24: The problem is the car is far from being in mint conditions.
Speaker 5: Yeah there is so so okay, But the point is, the point is we went through this. We go through this all the time she bought it.
Speaker 2: Now, it doesn't mean because someone is ignorant they should be taken advantage of. But at the same time, it's not necessarily what you call unconscionable unless there was lying and thieving.
Speaker 5: And cheating going on here.
Speaker 2: So tell me what other than she bought a car and paid too much and the car is as is.
Speaker 5: Did she have the car checked out?
Speaker 2: No she did not, Okay, So can we acknowledge And I'm not trying to rub your face in this or hers, and I'm not trying to say we don't want to help, but we have to acknowledge.
Speaker 5: She made a very bad mistake. Yes she did, and you think they took advantage of it. So here's the thing. Did they lie or cheat somehow?
Speaker 2: And the reason I asked that is because sometimes they do, and that's an out.
Speaker 24: Well, the ad on the internet, which I having a text message my girlfriend, Yeah, this car like being like an incredibly wonderful condition.
Speaker 5: Does it say wonderful condition?
Speaker 24: I just kind of quickly glanced at.
Speaker 2: Does it say perfect? Does it say great? Here that's what we need? And did she go there because of that ad?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Then you have a copy the ad.
Speaker 5: I want you to look at it right now and read me some of the descriptors.
Speaker 24: Okay, hang on, let me get there and tell me.
Speaker 25: While he's doing that.
Speaker 1: I think it's fair to say.
Speaker 25: I mean, it's important to say that Emily has some mental disability major.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Is she a person at risk? Yes, she is, but legally a person at risk?
Speaker 5: Tell me about her mental ability?
Speaker 24: She's on SSI or like some mental stuff.
Speaker 5: I don't like what mental stuff?
Speaker 20: Seriously, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's really important. That's really important, right, I know.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I don't know all the details. But she's got some limitations mentally.
Speaker 5: I could someone tell having a conversation with her if she was on with us right now, would we pick up on it?
Speaker 24: I think you would. Yes, I think he would notice that she's very slow.
Speaker 2: Do you understand incompetency though? Now, now, by the way, to be at risk, you don't have to be in competent. Okay, there there's a fine line, so she could be at risk. I mean, really, you did you call the dealer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 24: I didn't, but my girlfriend and Emily went back. And what happened to the dealership Saturday afternoon? After she drove it a couple of miles and they tried to get them to take the car back, and there's money, and they would not do it. The guy ended up kicking them out of the dealership.
Speaker 20: She has alone, right, yeah, I do, Yeah, she does.
Speaker 24: Here's the AD.
Speaker 5: Tom Okay, hold on, let.
Speaker 2: Me let me put this, let me take notes, AD said, go ahead.
Speaker 24: Okay. So is this vehicle is powered by a two point five liter one for I don't know's I four engine that delivers one seventy five horse power huh. The concert tourt providing an enjoyable driving experience on both city streets and highways with the fuel economy and blah blah blah. The scary of the twenty twelve Ultima was painted in a beautiful, brilliant silver color or okay, the eye and gives the cars.
Speaker 2: All right, you can't get them on any of that.
Speaker 5: Keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking for what's called fraud in the inducement.
Speaker 5: Fraud in the inducement. Keep going. No, let's see what else.
Speaker 24: Let's see it says the body design is smooth and aerodynamic with a low profile enhances the car's handling and performance. The car's front drill design to look aggressive, while the headline tailights are sleek and stylish. So inside the car you'll find a comfortable and spacious interior seats up to five.
Speaker 2: They're talking in general, So tell me what they said about the car. Is in perfect or good condition or anything like that, anything that talks.
Speaker 5: About that car.
Speaker 24: I don't see anything word like some some.
Speaker 2: Ads actually say needs nothing, right, a nine out of ten showroom condition or whatever, anything like that.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'm trying to look here. I got another Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's anyway that the Econo Auto sales, they got real nasty.
Speaker 24: Huh.
Speaker 2: Let's let's call them now, we're not going to try to get their side. Yeah, let's call him and listen. If she does have some mental disabilities, you may want to take this further. I mean truly, I want to call our friend, the attorney Raina we just made friends with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and uh sus, do you have her number?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Tell let's try to get Raina on hold on John, Okay, okay, you all right? I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Denverregen dot com stem cell Therapy. My gosh, I'm gonna have to go to them again for my left knee. I'm just feeling it.
Speaker 5: But they do such a good job.
Speaker 2: They also have great value, great prices for stem cell therapy for pain. They also have other kinds of treatments for hair restoration and more. Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Let's talk three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 14: So we have.
Speaker 5: Let's see the bad card deal. We're waiting for an attorney.
Speaker 2: Let's go to time.
Speaker 5: Yes, soon as you talked to the dealership.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 25: I left a message for Reina to the attorney to give us a call. And then also, uh, they told me I needed to talk to the manager of the dealership, so I left him a message to give us a callback so we might have to follow up.
Speaker 5: Excellent, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Fred.
Speaker 5: What's going on with you? Fred?
Speaker 18: Well, I got a letter from ex sale saying that they give me a ten percent discount on my pray right, I try to sign up for this solar you know about it?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh, what what's the downside?
Speaker 18: Where's the hook in that day?
Speaker 5: Okay, let me explain this to you.
Speaker 2: What happens is you're agreeing to basically be part of They have giant solar co ops around that they're encouraging people to sign up with and part of the power that they generate in that co op, even though it doesn't directly get piped to your home. You're signing up to pay for a certain portion that it generates, okay, and you will get that power cheaper than if you got it from Excel, and it relieves burden from Excel, and Excel prefers that you do that instead of a full solar system.
Speaker 5: Now why would Excel prefer you to.
Speaker 2: Do that because they don't have to take you off the grid completely and get minimal charges. They'll at least get ninety percent of your bill and they don't care. If you save ten percent, that's good. And that ten percent you're saving is coming from buying power from this co op. So this co op, for example, can only have a certain number of people sign up. Then they go to the next co op and the next co op. It's all virtual. You are theoretically buying what they're pumping back into the grid for your electrical needs.
Speaker 5: So it usually results in ten percent savings.
Speaker 2: It can actually save you more, but they I think they guarantee or they pretty much say ten is the lowest you'll save. And there is no hook there's nothing to hook up to your house. It's all done on paper. You can sign up for it and get out any time you want. My opinion, it's.
Speaker 5: A great deal.
Speaker 18: Okay, well it's not going to cost me anything.
Speaker 5: Then no, it's going to save you. You understand that.
Speaker 2: People say, where's the hook, You're right to ask that. Here's the hook. Somebody wants to build a solar field and get tax credits, right, but they're going to generate They're going to generate a bunch of electricity that they pump back into the grid. All right, they only get paid pennies on what they're pumping back into the grid. They'd rather if they have they're pumping into the grid because they're not building it for a house, they're building it as something a solar field.
Speaker 5: If they can get ten owners, and I'm giving you a.
Speaker 2: Very simple explanation. If they can get ten owners, and it's actually more be like a thousand whatever. If they can get a thousand owners to sign up to buy their power, they're going to make more money on their power. Plus they're going to get tax credits. So the solar field is doing great. And if you look at Excel standpoint, they're keeping a thousand people from putting in solar systems, yet they're still offering them savings. That's where the hook is. That's where the hook is. But it benefits us as consumers. There's nothing to do now but noel. If it ever becomes burdensome to you, you literally withdraw from the program. Now you will get two bills. You'll get one bill from the co op and one bill from Excel, or they might combined bill, but you'll be billed in two entities. The combined bill will be about ten ten percent or more cheaper than you were paying before.
Speaker 14: Hmm.
Speaker 18: Okay, well I'll take a look at it then, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I'm actually gonna do it. I just haven't gotten my ass around to do it, but I want to do it. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 9: It sounds honest to god. I don't trust them. I don't think I think there's something more to it. I don't trust Excel at all. Okay, well, it's both Excel and the Solar co opted.
Speaker 5: I'd like to let's ask brook or let's ask what did Brooks said? Brooks said it was a great idea. Want I had her on the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I trust it a little better. Here's where it's not a great idea. Mark Excel. When you say you don't trust them, you're right. The reason Excel is doing this is for what reason? Excel is doing this because they don't want you to put in solar, but they want to appease you. They want to make it look like, well, at least I have some solar because they really don't want people on solar. They want you to cut down on usage, but they don't want you completely off of the grid. And when you're on solar, you're pretty much off the grid except for very few exceptions. So therefore you have Excel offering this to people as an alternative to getting their own solar system. You could call it a virtual solar system, but the most it's going to generate is about, I know, a certain percentage of your power. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. If you have any questions on it, give me a call, or let's get Brooke on as.
Speaker 5: She can explain it.
Speaker 2: Three three seven, one, three eight, two five five or three oh three Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rita.
Speaker 1: News need advice?
Speaker 4: Who you don't have?
Speaker 3: Come running just as nast as we can show.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's go to the phones. I have had some text questions and then follow ups, so I want to go right to uh Jared who is with qccolorado.
Speaker 5: Dot com The Quiet, Cool, whole house fan. They did two systems for me, They've done systems for my friends. And here's the bottom line. I love it. I love QC.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: In one of my houses, I have a remote control which is wireless and I can control the duration and the fan speed. Then in another house, I have it hardwired by preference because of some interference issues I had, and I can still I can control the duration or the fan speed. And now here's the deal. Somebody asked, what about Wi Fi? I want to do it with my smart app. I don't want to get out of bet or I want to do it before I get home, because let's say the house was roasting all day.
Speaker 5: One of the benefits of the QC is you don't keep your air on all day.
Speaker 2: You can just keep it your house cooking. Then right before you get home, you turn on the QC fan. It'll air it out. It will it'll get rid of all the extreme heat and take the load if you're ac No matter how you use it, it's always.
Speaker 5: Convenient to have this Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: So I said, well, I just found where they do have a Wi Fi adapter. They have one it's called the Quiet Cool Smart Attic Fan Control Replace.
Speaker 9: So they have a full blown app. Tom they've got QC men market. I get it, Okay, I get it. So what's your point, Mark?
Speaker 2: I was just saying, they have it right, okay, And then I got more than two techs saying they asked our person because they call when they hear my commercial about it, and.
Speaker 5: They don't like it and they don't like to use it.
Speaker 2: Because one person who texted me said, I asked Quiet Cool about it QC Colorado. They said they won't install them because if people use the app without first opening windows appropriate windows at lower levels, it can cause damage and it's not recommended. Okay, they sell it right on the quiet Cool site. So somebody wanted me to reconcile. Why would I mention that it's available if QCE Colorado our sponsor doesn't like them. So I just called my sponsor, Jared, to ask Jared, how do you stand on this?
Speaker 20: Hey, tomm good to talk to you. Yes, sir, that the app control is only meant for it's a different product than the whole house fan. It doesn't connect to the whole house fan whatsoever. It's only made for and only connects to what's called a roof mounted exhaust fan. And so that's a different Quiet Cool product that's mounted onto the roof under the exterior of the home, and that is just pulling airs.
Speaker 14: You know what.
Speaker 5: You're right, it's an attic fan, it's an addic fan. I just saw it. You're right, You're right, You're right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: I just saw it too.
Speaker 5: The app is actually called.
Speaker 20: Away from automatic turn on as possible.
Speaker 2: Now, you guys don't don't want an automatic turn on because you want people to have to think about it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you just need to have a window open. So you could certainly do automatic turn on if and this isn't available, but if there was something that would automatically open a window as well. So you have to have the window open. So it's kind of different from like a Nest thermostat with your air conditioning. It's kind of like you mentioned. I know, Yeah, with a thermostat, you want.
Speaker 2: To do like pretty cool.
Speaker 20: You get home, because AC takes a long time to actually cool a home. Did get home, open up the window, turn on the fan, and within two or three minutes, As you know, I know every thing as much more.
Speaker 2: That's what I do, Jared, I have another question. I was speaking of that a couple questions. By the way, I did turn on my fan one time at high and I turned it on and it was and I didn't have the windows open, and I start smelling sewer gasses. You know why, because he was sucking the air out.
Speaker 5: Of my drains.
Speaker 18: That's right.
Speaker 20: It's typically downstairs that if you haven't used like those downstairs sinks for a long time. Yeah, in that plumbing, that water will dry out.
Speaker 1: And because yeah, that's because it's so powerful.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question, next question, And again, Jared, I bring this up because I love the product.
Speaker 5: I'm not picking at it.
Speaker 2: I noticed some of my lower windows because I happen to live in an area that has I don't know, pond or whatever it is. It the screens get gunked up because it's drawing so much airstroom, right, and so I got to go outside and vacuum those screens off with my with my shop back every now and then. Is there any way I mean, I guess there is no way around that. I mean, if you live in an area that I have a lot of loose debris and stuff, it's going to be sucked onto that screen, right, Yeah, you'd have.
Speaker 20: To justus all. And it's really only going from about inches away.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, so it's pulling from right around the window.
Speaker 1: You correct?
Speaker 2: Now, did I hear somewhere you could get Hepa screens which will actually clean the ers, it's pulling it in.
Speaker 20: Uh, but quite a cool has a screen that that you can put on the windows. You have to kind of rescreen the window. Yeah, you have a particular window that you're using all the time. It'll actually collect those that that pallen and that type of thing. It will do exactly what you're what you're doing, but even more so because that screen is a little tighter, it'll catch more things and it'll require to be washed more often.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but you can just hose it down, right, just take it off.
Speaker 20: As Yeah, that that process would look like maybe once a year you take off the screening, space them down and then run a hose through the backside of them to push it all off.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're answering a lot of questions for me.
Speaker 2: Now my next thing. Next thing. In one of my homes, the fan worked so good if if at night. I mean, we never use air on another house.
Speaker 5: This house.
Speaker 2: It what I use for business in my studio. It started when my daughter started living here. She says, it's not cooling down all that much. It's cooling down a lot, but not all that much. And I had excel roofing. Look at the attic, and they said that your whole house fan is working perfectly, but your attic is choking it. In other words, your attic isn't allowing enough air out. You don't have enough vents for the all the air this sucker is pulling through your house. So they increased the venting in my attic and put in an attic fan. And I didn't know you guys sell those, but they put in a solar attic fan and that improved not one hundred percent, but that approved at least twenty or thirty percent.
Speaker 5: What the whole what the whole house.
Speaker 20: Fan does, that's exactly right in fact, and I have that with the quiet Cool branded system that we fell in in my home as well. It's that roof mounted exhaust span that uses that app control and what we call that is a complete system. So if you've got the whole house stand great, and that's really as you know, that's ninety percent of the kind of wow factor comes from that whole house fan system. But then if you really want to get it down and really have some energy savings from ac, he'd install the quiet Cool remounted exhaust fame. And now that was run during the middle of the day and keep that temperature in the.
Speaker 5: App or at least increase the venting in your attic.
Speaker 2: Now, Jared, I'm not suggesting you go into this business of venting an attic, but I will say this for your own product's sake. If I were an installer, I would check to see that you guys have adequate venting in the attic, because otherwise people might think, well, this thing didn't work as well as Tom said. And actually it's not the whole house fans fault. The attic is shut down. Now here's before people say it, because I know what people are thinking right now. They're saying this, Well, Tom, I wouldn't buy a whole house fan. I I also have to vent my attic. But I'm gonna say this, Okay, even without a whole house fan, if you don't have a properly vented attic, your roof is not going to last as long and your house is going to be difficult to cool and difficult to heat. So don't feel like, don't feel like the attic venting is because of the whole house fan. No, you need addic venting first before anything. Then the whole house fan will be like robust, it'll do what it's supposed to do. So do you ever make recommendations? If you see an attic that's pretty much closed up, do you still install the whole I'm just asking straight up, what do you do about that?
Speaker 20: Absolutely, and to your exact point, our guys on our installs will do an infection prior to install and make sure that there's enough ventilation. Sometimes people will get a new roof after getting the system installed, and then the new roofing company will not put as much vnding on there as there should be. Yeah, one hundred percent of the time. If a customer needs more ventilation, and we do this to kind of protect the customers, we'll let them know before we do any work whatsoever. Installing the whole house fan, Hey, you may need a couple more events.
Speaker 2: You're going to be exactly, And it's not because of the whole house fan.
Speaker 5: It's not because of the whole house fan.
Speaker 2: It's because of proper ventilation and Jared, the only reason I bring this up is because it's a bad reflection on the whole house fan.
Speaker 5: If an addic is keeping it from doing its.
Speaker 20: Job correct and in Colorado, most of the vast vast majority of homes will not need any additional venting if done to code, if the roof is done to code. So sometimes in older homes or sometimes if you've got a new roof put on, and maybe the maybe the hooping company made a mistake as far as how many events they ended up putting on. Sometimes ridgeline vents. They'll stuff in a lot of extra screen and shank you point that'll choke down the ventilation and then it doesn't have enough room to get it out. But our guys do an inspection on every single install to find out to make sure price, thank you chairing work whatsoever if they need more.
Speaker 2: Event Qccolorado dot com, thank you, Jared, appreciate it. Sevent to zero.
Speaker 5: Well, let's see, I don't want to give out his number.
Speaker 2: I'll give out the official number QC Colorado dot com.
Speaker 5: It's right here. I'm sorry I should have had that.
Speaker 2: Available and it is three oh three, eight hundred and thirty four nineteen. Three oh three, eight hundred thirty four nineteen Thank you now. Mark Schamansky on this topic, how many roofs do you go to? I'll bet you more than you think that are not properly ventilated, you know, and.
Speaker 7: Really thom it's usually the intake ventilation is the big problem, and that's usually a sofa that's a sofa event, you know. The outtake ventilations that is the easy to put on. You put extra turtle events. You can have a power back fan, you can have a rich vent that's all outgoing and you really need the income.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's where the problem is.
Speaker 2: That's where the lower levels near this soft that's correct that you often add those when you do roofs.
Speaker 19: We do.
Speaker 7: It is becoming more and more, you know, I truthfully, I mean twenty years ago, I didn't think about this.
Speaker 8: We known't really concerned about ventilation.
Speaker 7: It's become a really big hot topic, including even written in code now the new updating codes are requiring more and more ventilation to be in that because it's so important. You want your attic space temperature to be the same temperatures outside the.
Speaker 2: Home, yes, of course, and people don't understand how efficient that makes your house.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you want your air you'll filter out every three to five hours to have that completely exchange all that air.
Speaker 2: So that's genesis tootalexteriors dot Com we have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez Hare three all three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five. So John came up before and he was talking about his stepdaughter or no, I'm not a stepdaughter, his uh sorry, his girlfriend's daughter, Emily, and she has some mental disabilities.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to bring up Attorney rain A Bias.
Speaker 2: Who we met?
Speaker 5: Is it baas or bias?
Speaker 1: No bias?
Speaker 2: You got it right, Hi time Bias Raina. Thank you by the way for coming in yesterday. It was a great show and for what you're doing now. I think that's going to be resolved, don't you.
Speaker 17: I do Tom, and thank you so much for your listeners, because they really put the pressure on Mercedes Benz Colorado Springs and I got a call right right after the show, so I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, now, Rena. So John's friend goes in there to buy a car. She has bipolar and brain damage and she's on SSI. I don't know if she's technically incompetent. I don't think she is, but she might be at risk. So she's in there and she buys a car. Again, we're not saying they were liar cheaters. She paid too much for the car. It's one hundred and thirty three. You know, she just paid too much. This is not a ripoff. This is where she paid too much. They may have taken advantage of her. The car is a piece of crap. But they did not make any false accusations.
Speaker 5: It's as is. Is she just out of luck? I mean, John, Am I leaving anything out here? You can fill in for Reina the attorney?
Speaker 24: No, I think that's pretty good story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Raina deals with car deals, bad car deals. I love it.
Speaker 1: She did try to bring it back the same day.
Speaker 5: Isn't that something?
Speaker 24: Yes, yes, Yeah, she shook hundred miles north of the dealership and then the thing wouldn't go above forty and it was making all kinds of noise.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the ads is thing man. Okay, so what do you think? Rain And we always try to find hooks to get people out of stuff, but not we're not unfair about it on this show, where you know, sometimes people just make mistakes.
Speaker 5: But Raina, what do you think?
Speaker 14: Yeah, there's a couple of questions that I have for you all.
Speaker 17: One is you mentioned that she paid more than she should have. I want to know were you able to see the advertisement on their website for how much the car was advertised as and is it different than what she paid? And the reason I asked that is because dealerships can't artificially inflate a price once they've advertised it on their website as something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point, John, What was it advertised? You got the ad?
Speaker 5: What was it advertised for?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 24: I got part of the ad in a text. Sorry, I've got the hiccups here. Yeah, and let me just see if I can see you can.
Speaker 2: Get rid of the hiccups if I scare you so let me show you a picture of Mark.
Speaker 24: Okay, I don't think that's gonna happen. Tom, all right, all right, let me see. I'm not trying to see it.
Speaker 25: Yeah, and then while he's looking Tom a little side note. I guess the salesman was so irritated with all of this he actually called the customer's place of work and tried to complain to her superiors about her.
Speaker 3: Is that odd or what?
Speaker 5: That's just bonkers?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The name of the car dealership and this one was Econo Auto Sales.
Speaker 5: What did they say to the boss? Helped me out here?
Speaker 2: I have to ask Sean that I don't want to be.
Speaker 24: I think he was just trying to harass he her work, basically, and the boss was having none of it over there at Walmart, so he told the guy to stop calling, you know, Walmart. That's yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: That's good that she's working at Walmart. Walmart does a fine job. Yeah here with disability, I know they do a great job with that. Yeah. So Raina wants to know if the price is going to be different than it was advertised.
Speaker 24: Yes, what I have in a text doesn't have a price, but that doesn't mean that you know Emily doesn't have that information.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but get the information and then maybe you can talk to rain off the air.
Speaker 5: But RAINA, what else can what other hooks do we look for?
Speaker 17: Okay? So one of the other things that you mentioned was that it stopped working, and I think that you might have mentioned that this is an older car. It's hard that needs to pass the mission.
Speaker 2: Oh twenty twelve Nissan.
Speaker 5: Ultimately, yeah, it would have to pass emissions. Yes, Well, where do they live? I'm assuming you're in the missions control area?
Speaker 24: John, So I did yesterday. As a side note, I did take the car to the emissions up on it because she left it like sixty fifth and Walt, that's where she left the car now, But.
Speaker 2: Hold on, John, John. Was it sold into an emissions area? That's the first question. Ye Does she live in an emissions area? Yeah?
Speaker 24: For Collins, I'm sure they have emissions up there.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if they do or not.
Speaker 2: But if she lives in an emissions area, then they have and they are selling it to her. They it has to.
Speaker 5: She has to get a three day voucher. Did she get a three day vouch?
Speaker 24: She did get that, and I actually went to the emissions yesterday and it actually did pass.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, well that's okay, what else that kind?
Speaker 24: I was hoping it wasn't going to pass, but it did pass a mission.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Uh, that is unfortunate because if it didn't, then they I believe you have to bring it back in five days and you right or yeah, buy it back? Okay, So it's an ad IS sale. Did they Did she purchase a warranty along with the sale, and that's warranty?
Speaker 5: I don't I don't think so. Of it was twelve grand. It does doesn't sound like she would have.
Speaker 19: Okay, because if.
Speaker 5: John, here's what we want you to do.
Speaker 2: Get the damn deal in front of you so we can talk details and really let's do that. Let's find out if there's a hook we can get. Rain is looking for a hook. The warranty, the inflated price over the ad I'd like to know where she was going with that warranty though, what was that?
Speaker 5: Well, then they have to honor the warranty.
Speaker 14: They have to honor the warranty.
Speaker 17: But also there is a clause under the Federal Act that basically says that if the dealership gives a service contract. So these extended they're called extended warranties, but they're not really warranties. What they are service contracts because you pay extra for them. Now, if the dealership gave a service contract, then there might be a warranty, an applied warranty of merchant ability, which basically means that the good has to be fit for the purpose of what it's used for, Like it has to be merchantable. It would pass without a In other.
Speaker 2: Words, if you're going to service something, then you're servicing something and you can't service if it if it's a piece of junk.
Speaker 17: Well kind. So what it basically means is a dealership, if they give you a service contract, cannot sell you a vehicle that wouldn't pass without objection in the trade. What that means it has to go from one place to the other and exactly all that breaks down four miles after buying it would not pass without objection in the trade exactly.
Speaker 2: So therefore the service contract would be would be stupid, right, I mean, it makes sense to me that if they these are all great things raina, so what else should he look for?
Speaker 5: And what about her being a person at risk so to speak?
Speaker 17: That's a hard one, right, because you can't not just do business with somebody who might appear I see a person at risk, right, so you know you don't want that to be the law. And so they can't do business with her absolutely, as long as they don't try to take advantage of her. And that's what we're looking at the advertisement too, right, got it. He comes in, she appears at risk, they raise the price because they know she's not going to argue it. So now we have some sort of fraud. Now we have something that.
Speaker 3: We work with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it. So all right, so Johnny on there, get the details for us, and we're going to revisit this. Okay, Now, Rina, what kind of we need to I'm getting all kinds of texts now that you're on.
Speaker 5: What kind of law do you do specifically?
Speaker 17: Okay? So I do Lemon law. So you buy a new car, it breaks down five times in the first year, you want to see the manufacturer. I do that type of law, and then I also do auto fraud. So that's a dometer rollback.
Speaker 14: You know, these types of cases base.
Speaker 2: Are fraud in the inducement if there is any right, Yeah, Okay, so, Reina, do you mind if we give out your number?
Speaker 5: Because I can see this being a really good friendship.
Speaker 2: Really, we don't have anyone who does this specifically, So do you mind giving out your phone number?
Speaker 17: No, not at all? Seven to two oh five two six oh sixty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, seven two zero five five to two sixty sixty two. All right, this is great, We appreciate it. We got more coming up. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Of it.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: You're troubleshooter.
Speaker 2: And speaking of state planning, Dan McKenzie's a great guy. Now he has some very creative ways to preserve your assets through death with an LLC, members of the family part of it. Really great plans, plus of course trusts and wills. McKenzie Law.
Speaker 5: He can help you out. McKenzie Law, Dan McKenzie Small Law Firm, Personalized Attention eight three three co plans.
Speaker 2: Whether it's a simple will you can get it done quickly, a trust or a combination.
Speaker 5: We like Dan.
Speaker 2: He's an expert on this show. Eight three three co Plans. The website is coplans dot Co.
Speaker 5: Now I want to continue here, and Ernie has a.
Speaker 2: He wants to give some feedback. Ernie, I'm so sorry for the wait. I'm so sorry. And by the way, Ernie, I just want you to know something. I noticed you called me the other day. I wasn't around. I had some stuff going on, but I just wanted to tell you that. Okay, what's going on, Ernie?
Speaker 26: Ernie, Well, you know I have a problem with my basement. And well Tom, first, let me say I want to wish you a happy birthday. Please, thank you. Then and Mark also for their wedding, I mean their anniversary. I would thank you, Ernie happy. Yes, please, I really appreciate you guys. But the problem I'm calling about is it's not really a problem. I don't know if it's a problem.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 26: Yeah, American Resolution came in and they've done so work in my basement. What they've done is demolition, but they haven't completed it. One question is is wants to insurance?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 26: And the workers have been started? Is there a time leaveing on the insurance completion?
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask let me ask you this. We're going to ask these guys that. I'll ask Matt Stamford. Paragon Services a public adjuster. But Ernie, when did they do that? When did was the actual loss? When was the event?
Speaker 26: I don't know when I found out about it? It was in May? I think?
Speaker 2: Is that when you put in your insurance claim?
Speaker 26: Yes, I think it was in May. I'm not sure. I have to get the information. If that's very important.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well did you actually file the claim though? And the adjuster came out?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 26: There's no no adjuster, no adjuster uh uh in the process right now. The insurance company they sent me a uh, I know what American restitution they did? What they say?
Speaker 2: No, But I'm asking Ernie. The insurance company knows though that it happened. You officially notified them, right, okay, Now American restauran ration came out. Was this water damage?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 26: And mold and whatever else?
Speaker 2: All right, So they came out and fixed all of your uh uh or excuse me? Did demolition took out some of the drywall the carpeting and that.
Speaker 26: Yes, well and it wasn't any carpeting no, well.
Speaker 5: All right, whatever they whatever?
Speaker 2: And did they put blower motors there to dry it out and all that exactly? Okay?
Speaker 5: Now how long ago did they finish that?
Speaker 26: A couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Okay, and it's just been sitting right.
Speaker 26: Well, I just I don't know. You know what guessule I tell you?
Speaker 2: Well, well, hold on, you're the one.
Speaker 5: You're the one that makes the schedule or they are.
Speaker 2: They're not just going to go start rebuilding without you hearing from your insurance.
Speaker 26: So what your next step is with the insurance company? But I haven't. I just made the first or an issue initial reporting. I got in touch with an insurance gpdentity. But from there on the end Rock to go arrests and amys Uh, I haven't talked to an insurance at all.
Speaker 2: First, did Rock talk to your adjuster?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 26: Insurers? All right, Yeah, here.
Speaker 2: Here's what we need to do.
Speaker 5: Okay, First, Matt, does this sound normal to you? Yep?
Speaker 1: And so here's how this is.
Speaker 5: This works.
Speaker 2: So, uh, you know, when you have an insurance company that's been made aware.
Speaker 6: There's a water loss, they're going to say, all right, that needs to be mitigated immediately. So get the mitigation company out there. They'll gut it, hopefully, they'll test for asbestos and get a clean report, do all that demolition, all that occurs, and then they'll send out an adjuster when it's gutted, and that adjuster will determine what it's going to take to restore the property.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, so that's what's going on. Now, how do we get Rock?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Does Rock contact them? Because if they're gonna do the rebuilding, does Rock contact them? Or if Rock has left it? Do you know, Ernie, if Rock has been paid or not yet from your insurance.
Speaker 26: Well, I don't think he had because I haven't signed anything that if the insurance from me makes out payment to all right, hold.
Speaker 5: On, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna get Rock back on tomorrow to find out where this is in progress, and he should give us a clear indication. Then if you need someone to rebuild and you don't want it to be them, that's fine. They'll be paid for the mitigation. You can hire someone else to build. But somewhere along the line, an adjuster is going to have to come out, Ernie. So what I'm gonna do is put you on hold right now.
Speaker 5: Your line is very noisy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what kind of phone you have, But what we're gonna do is, sus if you can make a note, let's try to get Rock on the line to address this, to see what stage is in, if he's handling it, getting an adjuster out there or what, and then we'll take it from there.
Speaker 5: So three oh three seven one three eight two five five go.
Speaker 2: With a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk three h three seven one three eight two five five. So let's talk and wrap it up with Mark Schamansky Genesis Total Exteriors and Matt Stanford Paragon Services. By the way, Paragon services you can find on a referral list a referral list dot Come Matt, what kind of when do you call a public adjuster? I mean, I know we went over that, and for people listening, a public adjuster represents you against and I hate to use the word against, but with your insurance company to try to get you the coverage you deserve because.
Speaker 5: They're not necessarily going to volunteer it. So when do they call you, Matt?
Speaker 2: I like it when they call me from the beginning. And there's a couple of reasons for that. The beginning of what though, how do they know any claim?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so if they're sitting at home and a hailstorm rolls through, call me, and you know, I'll either come out or send one of my guys out. You know, I work with Mark Schamansky directly when we get a storm.
Speaker 2: Like that, so we team up to uh carry the volume.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I'll do an inspection and tell you, you know, yeah, here's what you got and and here's the scope of damage. And then I'll represent you through the whole claim make sure you get paid fairly. That's the easiest, squeaky clean way to do it. If you wait till you get jerked around and then call me. I have to work retroactively and mop up and find out why.
Speaker 2: And it takes time. Nothing happens overnight. So I would recommend call me in the beginning, okay, and then Mark, what do people what do people need to know when they call a contractor?
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, you know, I think, like you always say, you always make sure you do your due diligence to make sure they're a good contractor. You know, like you said the BBB, you know, you get false reviews in there and things like that. To me, even nowadays, Google reviews are a little even misleading nowadays. But to go back and make sure that you're you're picking a replical contractor, they have insurance, they're licensed, and you know, obviously if they're on their Martino show or on the referral list. It's a great way to pick somebody. I mean, how many times do we hear people being scammed because they called you after the fact, just like yeah, said call us in the beginning, and not somebody else.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, Genesis tootally seris dot com three zho three six seven nine eight five zero nine. By the way, that New Aligned siding is freaking wonderful. Is an awesome product, and it's a lifetime siding.
Speaker 7: His lifetime and lifetime color guarantee, and so definitely a great product and something to look into if you think you need new sighting.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then Paragon Services, Uh it's seven to one nine seven two six zero zero two zero and again Genesis totally series dot com three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine. So thank you guys and Dmitri. So what did you think our new deputy we're trying out today to a Dmitri?
Speaker 5: What did you think?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 12: It was a lot of fun. Yeah, I've come to the right place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's going to be back, Sue.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to give you all of his contact information so you'll cause SUSA has all of that and she will, along with our producer, will assign uh you know, like.
Speaker 5: Cases, and that'll be it.
Speaker 2: And Deputy bo Is Deputy Deputy Dollar in the studio today or not. I'm sorry, we didn't have a lot of cases to follow up here. Deputy Dollar. I'm gonna bring him in. We can all meet or go out to lunch somewhere, and uh, we just got to pick a time to all get together. So remember, folks, I say this and I mean it. Three zero three Martino for help, information and referrals.